Speaker 1: The voice of free speech, the truth delivered common sense for the American people. Welcome to the Scott Jenning Show.
Speaker 2: War escalating in Iran, But is there a glimmer of hope for a resumption of peace talks or are we in for a prolonged conflict.
Speaker 3: We'll discuss on the show. Today. Vice President JD.
Speaker 2: Vance and his wife Usha have welcomed their new baby into the world, Alec Neil Vance. Now JD is the first vice president to have a child born in office since Skuyler Colfax in eighteen seventy. And how fast do you think you can run one mile? Well, maybe it depends on what's chasing you. You won't believe the speed of the new world record holder. And we'll tell you about that in just a moment. Today is Monday, July the twenty first. We broadcast live today from the heart of Middle America, Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 3: On this day and easy call for the day.
Speaker 2: July twentieth, nineteen sixty nine, the day that America did something that no civilization and human history had ever done.
Speaker 3: We landed on the Moon.
Speaker 2: Now, just eight years earlier, President Kennedy had challenged the nation to go do that. Not because it was easy, he said, because it was hard. And on this day, nearly six hundred and fifty million people gathered around their televisions to watch Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin fulfill that promise. Now Armstrong would become the first human being to set foot on another world. The lunar module touched down and the Sea of Tranquility after a tense descent that left only seconds of fuel remaining, and then came one of the most iconic moments in the history of our country, and indeed the history of the world.
Speaker 3: Cut five.
Speaker 4: Very very fine grained as if get close to it it's almost like a powder round, very fine. How the theft off for am if one with Paul theft forman pardon shia leaf. Look, it has a church beauty all its own.
Speaker 2: And I want you to understand what a great country in which you live. America left footprints on the Moon in nineteen sixty nine. They still don't have air conditioning over in Europe today. So today's history lesson is a reminder that freedom, ingenuity, and a little American audacity can often accomplish the impossible. Speaking of great feats, and this is a credit to our European brothers and sisters. A Scotsman, Josh Kerr has run the fastest mile and human history did it this weekend. I want you to take a listen and a look at this cut number four.
Speaker 3: Josh, we'll wreckle ahead of you.
Speaker 1: Three forty three one line.
Speaker 5: Don't the game here?
Speaker 6: He goes.
Speaker 7: I think he's gonna do it.
Speaker 8: Kid got Josh, kid thot, Josh, it's an.
Speaker 9: Jess y.
Speaker 2: Do you understand how fast this man was running. He ran a mile in three minutes forty two point sixty six seconds. That is an average speed of sixteen point two miles per hour. He ran over sixteen miles per hour for three minutes and forty two seconds. Now, next time you're at the gym, if your treadmill goes that high, I want you to try running sixteen miles an hour for ten seconds and let us know how that goes for you. Congratulations to Josh Kerb breaking the twenty seven year record for the fastest mile. Speaking of runners, I have a note here from a man named Chris. He wasn't always a runner, but he became one. Chris spent years of doing fishy work and that left his feet sore at the end of every day. But after starting Relief Factor, he felt so good that he did something he'd never done before. He ran a half marathon on those previously sore feet. Now he tells all his friends about Relief Factor. Look, when it comes to supplements like these two things matter the most. Does it work and can I trust it? Take it from Chris. It does work and you can trust Relief Factor. I so enjoy telling you about the everyday people who have had their lives changed because of Relief Factor, And I wonder could you be next Get three weeks of it for seventeen dollars and seventy six cents, that's all it costs. Simply go to relieffactor dot com or call one eight hundred four Relief. You'll connect with our friendly local team. They'll do everything they can do to help you, and I hope you will soon be sharing your story of Relief Factor with us. More news in Fact, more sports news. The World Cup came to an end last night. Spain defeated Argentina one to nothing. It took them one hundred and five minutes to score one single time. Now, to my eye, the best thing about this tournament is that all of these people from around the world came to the United States and they realized, after traveling around what a great country that we live in. They hear nothing but negativity from the left about America, and yet when you come here and you experience it, you realize that, yep, we do in fact live in the greatest country on the face of the earth.
Speaker 3: So the World Cup is over.
Speaker 2: You all can go back to not caring about soccer for another four years. Reviewing the weekend's political news, it appears the Democrats in Maine have just about completed their anti Democratic coup to find a new Senate candidate up. There appears that Troy Jackson has the support necessary to lock up the Democratic nomination. Now, I want you to remember Democrats. Democrats in Maine actually voted, voted for Graham Platner wasn't even close in their party primary, and then the party forced him to drop out of the race when his poll numbers began to drop. Jackson, like Platner before him, pretends to be a working class maner, but in fact is simply a creature, a creation of politics, seems to me. Susan Collins remains in a strong position to retain her seat up there in Maine. Over in Michigan, the Democratic primary between Abdul al Sayed and Hailey Stevens is getting shippy. August fourth is election day to see which of these Democrats will run against the Republican there, Mike Rodgers.
Speaker 3: This is Senate race.
Speaker 2: Bernie Sanders and aoc rallied for al Sayed this weekend. This race is another example where Democrats are being overtaken by socialist Marxist radicals. I explained and debated this issue on CNN's Sunday Morning Now. The other voice here in this clip is a former communications staffer for AOC.
Speaker 3: Take a listen to cut six.
Speaker 2: I think to boil this down to just insurgent versus establishment overlooks what many of these people are running on. They're simply beyond insurgency here. I mean, You've got people out there winning primaries that want to abolish borders, abolish ice, abolished prisons, abolish the police, abolish the United States Senate. This is well outside the bounds of normal political discourse, and it's all happening, you know, in the Democratic Party. I don't think the Democratic Party leadership understands they've already been overwhelmed, and it's just a matter of time before these views become the mainstream platform, and that's what they're going to end up running on in twenty twenty eight as well well.
Speaker 10: I said, put privatized FILD security, Put that in the stock market and see how it does.
Speaker 2: If it would have done great had they done it back in the YEA until it.
Speaker 10: Doesn't, right, until it doesn't, which is what happened in the nineteen thirties when people were struggling. And I think that's what we're seeing right now is a moment sort of like we had in the nineteen thirties in America, where people are tired of the way things are going for them, and we're going to see a transformation in the way our politics is done, and hopefully we'll see a demop.
Speaker 2: I agree the anti Israel, the anti Jewish rhetoric. It does remind me of the nineteen thirties. I couldn't agree with you more.
Speaker 10: There is no question that the anti fascism is also rising, and the fascists were on our shore back then. And what we what we're committed to now is citing what socialists I mean the idea of having hell share that everyone is in.
Speaker 3: Socialists Americans are They're.
Speaker 10: The same, only different because I think socialism TVA where I'm from East Tennessee was built by socialism. That the TVA was built by IT. Oak Ridge was built by IT. Factories were built by IT. Alco built by Socialist America. Absolutely, government workers ninety percent of the people that built those days.
Speaker 2: Government does not the same as setting socialism.
Speaker 10: So if it's not the government doing the work and the government building things for the people and it's keeping ownership of it, if that's not what socialism.
Speaker 5: Is, then what is it? You tell me? If it's not direct employees building that you're.
Speaker 2: Saying any you're saying any level of or any amount.
Speaker 5: I'm not socialism. I think your guys are. Actually I don't.
Speaker 3: We're not going all this stuff.
Speaker 2: You have a whole faction of your party called Democratic Socialists of America who are running on things well beyond basic government services.
Speaker 3: They're running on absolute and total.
Speaker 2: Radical anarchy that is amphithetical to the amer Let's not take the most extreme members of the DSA area and talking about no border, it's no jails, et cetera.
Speaker 3: But look at that.
Speaker 2: You can't have this conversation without talking about you know, you wanted to exclude the extreme positions. The extreme positions are becoming the mainstream positions, including this anti Israel, anti Jewish rhetoric which has infected all of these primaries out there. I was today years old when I found out that socialism apparently built the state of Tennessee. You see what I have to deal with on a regular basis. We have a great show line for you today. We have legendary college basketball coach Bruce Pearl coming by. We're going to talk about some of this anti Semitism that's going on out there, some recent examples of it. So much hateful rhetoric out there. Bruce Pearl's a great voice on this. He'll be here. We have former NFL kicker and Arizona congressional candidate Jay Feely joining us to talk about his race.
Speaker 3: In just a few minutes.
Speaker 2: We have the Arizona primary in fact coming up on Tuesday. Have you heard the audio and seen the video of Alexandria Ocassio Cortez slipping into her black Southern preacher accent while speaking to African American voters in the South. Well, if you haven't heard that, you're not going to want to miss that. Plus, we'll have all the breaking news as it happens for you today and again, as we mentioned at the top of the show, congratulations to Vice President JD. Vance and Usha for welcoming Alec Neil Vance into this world. God bless the Vance family and their newest little blessing. We take a break, we come back after this. It's Scott Jennings on Salem. Stay with us, Hey, it's Scott Jennings. Have you ever thought about how important reliable energy is to your life?
Speaker 3: You know, it does more than just light up your home.
Speaker 2: It creates opportunities for entire communities, large and small alike. That is why Duke Energy is more than just an energy provider. Through smart investments in technology and grid infrastructure, they're adding enough capacity to power nearly eleven million new homes over the next five years, and they're doing it while keeping costs as low as possible. They're deploying new rate structures to ensure that large energy users pay their fair share. They've announced more than five billion in customer savings, including three billion from federal tax credits, and they're boosting the efficiency of natural gas plants, saving customers nearly three hundred and fifty million dollars. Just like American ingenuity and innovation, Duke Energy's commitment to putting customers.
Speaker 3: First never stops.
Speaker 2: Learn more at Duke dash energy dot com slash Powering America.
Speaker 7: When he's not in the Oval office, are owning the libs on CNN, He's here with us. It's the Scott Jennings Show.
Speaker 2: Monday, July the twenty Thanks for listening to common sense for the American people. Quick headline for you. This happened right before we went on the air. There was a well, I don't know what else to call it, a terrorist of some kind in New York City through some sort of an incendiary explosive device at FBI headquarters in New York City. I don't know if guys, I don't know if we have the b roll of that we can pop up on the screen. But the FBI is they called it an incendiary device. If you watched the footage of it, you can actually see it. It kind of explodes. No one was injured. A suspect is being held. We don't know much about the suspect, but this is. I think it's called twenty six Federal and this is where the FBI is, and so we'll find out who did it. But it looks like a terrorist attack against the FBI headquarters, at least the front door area there in New York City.
Speaker 3: We'll keep an eye on that.
Speaker 2: You know, I was off the air last week when President Trump gave his address to the nation outlining what he called grave threats to our nation's election system. I did, however, I was on a plane while I was doing it. But I did, however, get a chance to watch the president's address. Now, there were a lot of predictions about what he was going to say from the left, and of course none of that came to fruition. The President, in my opinion, gave a very measured and sober and evidence based speech about an issue that he cares.
Speaker 3: About a lot. Are our nation's elections secure?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: You can disagree with him that this is a major problem, or you could agree. But what you can't deny is that the President laid out, with evidence supported by reports and data and information gathered by the US government, that in fact, there are foreign efforts to influence our elections. There are foreign efforts to possibly medal around with our systems, and this is something that we should be worried about. You know, it's interesting Democrats used to be worried about this.
Speaker 11: Back.
Speaker 2: I remember, back after twenty sixteen, eighty or ninety percent of all news covered in America was about supposedly Russia stealing the twenty sixteen election. At a minimum, it was about Russia meddling in the election. And Democrats now a vast majority of Democrats, because of all that news coverage, believe that in fact, Russia and Donald Trump worked together to steal the twenty sixteen election.
Speaker 3: That's not my assertion, that's backed up in the polling. You can find it in the polling.
Speaker 2: Democrats take it as an article of faith that a foreign hostile power meddled in and stole the election.
Speaker 3: So we used to believe.
Speaker 2: That covering this was a good idea, that guarding against it was a good idea. Well, the President lays out all this information the other night he had the speech. Only one network covered it. It was Fox News carried it live. I should say the coverage of it was scant and it kind of came and went. But there is evidence that China trying to mess around in our elections. And there is also the memory hole where all the Democrat commentary on this has gone.
Speaker 3: Because back in the day.
Speaker 2: When Democrats were worried about foreign meddling and foreign interference in our elections, they had crazy ideas about what.
Speaker 5: To do about it.
Speaker 3: Crazy ideas. I'll read one to you.
Speaker 2: Paper ballots are the smartest, safest way to ensure your vote is secure against attacks by foreign actors. Russia can't hack a piece of paper like they can a computer. Anybody know who said that, Kamala Harris in twenty nineteen, she wasn't the only Democrat out talking about the need for paper ballots being the most secure way. Now though Donald Trump talks about it, and the left is out there going crazy as though he's proposing some sort of insane idea that we have foreign actors that might be trying to come after our election, maybe we ought to look into doing something about it. Yesterday's democratic position, today's position by Donald Trump forces Democrats to change their position. Where have I heard this story before? Basically on every single issue. Also coming out of the President's remarks last week and the documents, and I thought this was some of the most interesting stuff that was in there. There was, and I'm going to read this from the Federalists that they've got a report on it. Basically, the report and the Intel indicated that China, in addition to messing around with the elections in order to change I guess American political discourse, they were planning to and I think engaged in stoking the Black Lives Matter riots of twenty twenty. They wanted to undermine Donald Trump and weaken his chances of being re elected. So do foreign hostile powers try to meddle in the elections?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Did Democrats used to care about this? Yes?
Speaker 2: Does Donald Trump care about it? Yes, which means Democrats now call it a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 3: More after, this mighting the.
Speaker 5: Left with the best weapon we have, common sense. This is the Scott Jenny Show, Monday.
Speaker 3: July the twentieth.
Speaker 2: We'll get to a common sense candidate for the United States Congress from Arizona, Jay Feely. In just a few seconds, he's on the line, and we'll be here to discuss the big Arizona primary that's coming up tomorrow. But first, a little follow up on the breaking news of the last segment, And I'm looking at some new footage here of this person in New York City who set the fire outside of the FBI headquarters. Looks like he was dumping something on the ground and setting it on fire. There's other little devices rolling around on the ground, so something is up with this person. I also see footage here of the police arresting the person.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: Mayor Mom Donnie in New York City says what occurred outside twenty six federal ap plausa this morning was deeply disturbing. Mayor Mom Donnie, of course, would like to defund the police. My team is in touch with the NYPD. We'll support the federal investigation. You know, he never takes responsibility for anything. What if it ever occurs to Mom Donnie, Maybe my rhetoric here, maybe my rhetoric here anti police rhetoric needs to be dealt with. Never takes responsibility. We'll keep following this story for the rest of the day. Do want to talk to you about something going on with our friends over at the Market Institute. They are on to something here Market Institute, and it's an issue that the bureaucrats don't really want us to talk about. It's that Alzheimer's is becoming an economic time bomb, and our country is simply not ready. Cases are going to double by twenty sixty to about fourteen million. That'll put pressure on families and Medicare and Medicaid. And here is the part that should get your attention. It's American families that shoulder most of the burden. The lifetime cost for an Alzheimer's patients about four hundred thousand dollars. Families cover about seventy percent of this. Now, our competitors in the world, they're not standing still. China has launched a national priority to aggressively expand early diagnosis and treatment. But here in the United States, we are behind, and we still wait until it is too late. We can turn it around.
Speaker 3: We have the two rules.
Speaker 2: We have simple blood tests in fact, that can spot the early signs of Alzheimer's. And when you spot those early signs and you deal with this on the front end, you can keep people healthier.
Speaker 3: Longer and in the workforce longer.
Speaker 2: About eighty percent of voters say they are more likely to support a candidate who prioritizes better access to Alzheimer's detection, diagnosis, and treatment.
Speaker 3: That would be good for families.
Speaker 2: It would be good for the economy, and frankly, it is just common sense. Join the fight at Marketinstitute dot org. That is Marketinstitute dot org. All right, Tomorrow is the primary in Arizona, and our next guest is on the ballot in the first congressional district. This is one of the most important swing districts in America. This is the Phoenix suburbs. And let's listen in to our next guest. Here's what he's telling the people in Arizona about his candidacy.
Speaker 3: Cut number eight.
Speaker 12: Former pro football player, winning broadcaster, dedicated husband and father, Jay Feely is our conservative fighter. Jay Feely has President Trump's complete and total endorsement bill fight for our Arizona values.
Speaker 2: I'm Jay Feely, and I approve this message and Jay Feely joins us. Now, Jay, welcome back to the Scott Jennings Show. You're telling the Republicans out there in Arizona you've got the President's full and unequivocal endorsement. Tell us how's your campaign going and how are you feeling heading into the primary tomorrow?
Speaker 11: Scott, great to be on with you again.
Speaker 13: I'm always you know, I want to say to everyone, how big of a fan. I am of you just talking about common sense and making sure that we're honest with people, and we need more of that in the media.
Speaker 11: I appreciate it. Our campaign's going great.
Speaker 13: We're excited for tomorrow and the primary and then to get onto the real fight, which is the general. And you know, it's been fun for me to get out. Really, I've been campaigning for over a year, so to get out to talk to so many people across Arizona, hear their thoughts, their concerns, you know, where they want this country to go. And I I think the two parties have never been further apart ideologically, and this midterm will be a referendum on the Democrat Party and they're embrace and socialism.
Speaker 11: You talk about it all the time, But.
Speaker 13: Our ideals, what we believe in, what America was made on, and what the Democrat Party wants to do, they don't line up. And I think the American people are going to understand that and that will be the deciding factor in this election.
Speaker 3: Well, I couldn't agree with you more.
Speaker 2: I think it's a fight between common sense and uncommon nonsense.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about this district.
Speaker 2: This is currently represented by Congressman Dave Schweikert, who is retiring, And in political operative parlance, they call this an R plus one district, meaning that it is one percent more Republican than the national average. So that is a very very close swing district that largely exists in the Phoenix suburbs. And this is your first time running for office, Jay, and you've not jumped into an easy race here. You've jumped into one of the most hotly contested redational races in the country. And as you mentioned, and I think you're you're going to be fine in the primary. The Democrats have a bit of a dumpster fire going on. The New York Times recently wrote a piece about your potential opponents. They're fighting each other. They've spent about seven million dollars total beating each other up. The Democrat Congressional Campaign Committee. They have a favorite. They've spent millions trying to drag their favorite across the line. But it's not altogether clear that is going to happen. So when you look at the Democrat fight and you look at how your campaign is going, even though it's a very very close district and it'll be a hard fought campaign, do you feel like you have the advantage here, if for no other reason than these Democrats are tearing each other apart.
Speaker 13: Well, I've been happy to watch from the sidelines to see what's going on in the Democrat Party. You know, you mentioned that the seven million dollars they've already spent cumulatively on this seat in their primary fighting, and really they've been moving further and further to the left, trying to run and prove that they're the farthest left camp it and in Arizona and this district in particular, in a swing district where there's one hundred and eighty thousand registered independents, they do not want democratic socialism. The number one issue in our district is the economy, and people want an economy that works for everyone. They want jobs, they want real wage growth. They want affordability obviously to come down. And when you look at that and you talk about it, it's really hypocritical that the Democrats are running on affordability now when they allowed tens of millions of.
Speaker 11: Legals to come across the border.
Speaker 13: You look at the latest FED survey that they did, and they come out and they say thirty percent or so of the home price increase is because of the legals that came across twenty five percent of the rent increase, something you and I have talked about. It's funny because they label you racists for just talking about math and what happens when supply and demand, when you bring ten million people across the border, you know, and then you look at the fact that they printed trillions of dollars with the Infrastructure Bill and the Inflation Reduction Act, and Larry Summers told them this will cause hyperinflationary environments. Exactly what happened nine and a half percent inflation, and the consumer was the one who suffered because of that. And what Republicans are trying to do is bring jobs back, bring those manufacturing plants back here, bring investment back into this country, create real wage growth, and create an economy that works for everyone. Bring down the price of housing by cutting regulations and having common sense measures to give young people, especially the opportunity to be a part of the American dream. That's what's been great about this country for two hundred and fifty years is that you can come from nowhere with nothing, and you can come here and you can work hard, and you can be a success and you can provide for your family. That's what we need to continue to implement, and that's what we need to continue to talk about because that's what resonates with the American voters, and it certainly will resonate in my district.
Speaker 11: Jay.
Speaker 2: This is just to give our audience a further idea of how close and how closely divided this district is. In twenty twenty, Biden won this district by a point and a half and in twenty twenty four, Trump carried the district by about three points. And so you can see there are tens of thousands of independent swing voters here in this district. And as you think about those independent swing voters, and I heard you going through some of the issues that you're running on, how do you think they're processing the world right now? We obviously, you know, we have market policy departures from Biden to Trump. I think immigration and closing the border has been an unequivocal win for President Trump. That is undoubtedly something that people in this district wanted to see. You do still have some cost of living issues out there, although there's undeniable statistical data that Trump has actually solved Biden's inflation crisis. I mean, we had massive inflation under Biden. We now have normalized rates at this point. But these independent swing voters, how are they processing the world? And what do you think they're looking for in their next congressman.
Speaker 13: I think, more than anything, if you're an independent voter, we want somebody who's transparent and tells you what they believe, and then it's going to stand behind it and you understand exactly who they are and what they're going to try to do when they get into Congress. And you know, that's what I try to do. My wife and I everything we've done in our lives has been about how do we use God's blessing to impact others and to help others and to effectuate change. It's why I wanted to get into politics in the first place. You know, I'm not a career politician. I'm proud of that. You know, we have too many career politicians in DC. We need people who aren't going to go there to enrich themselves, who are going to go there and stand up for their beliefs. And That's who I'm going to be. And I think as people get to understand who I am, in Arizona. And here are the things that we have gotten ourselves involved in and tried to advocate for. There's a group out here called House of Refuge. Scott, you would love him. They it's eighty eight homes for single homeless mothers. Under Obama, they lost their federal funding because they went away from transitional housing, but they helped these young women and their families in the most critical time of need. And they were going to get kicked out, and my wife and I stepped in said no, We'll help raise all the funds privately. And what's great about them is they have a ninety percent success rate of taking these women through this program and help having the to be self sufficient when they leave. That's what government sustenance is supposed.
Speaker 11: To be about.
Speaker 13: You see a problem, you step in, you help fix the problem, and then you get off government substence. You converse that and look at Minnesota and the Somali population. You know, ten years after they get here, eighty percent of them are still on government welfare. That system is not sustainable in the long term. And then you look at all the fraud that exists, you know, in all of our welfare programs, and you know, everything from Snap to medicaid to everything that we've seen, you know, across the country, and those shouldn't be partisan issues. Getting rid of frauds is not a partisan issue. Having safe and secure elections is not a partisan issue. And I think we need to make sure that we continue to talk to people because people in general want government out of their lives. They don't want government telling them what to do. They want the right economic parameters to be a success. They want to have belief in their elections that they are voting and the vote is going to count and the people who are here legally those votes don't count. And then they want to make sure that their families are safe and secure.
Speaker 11: And you know, when the border was left open.
Speaker 13: For four years under Biden, they willfully allowed tens of millions of people to come across the border, violent criminals. They didn't care about the impact on women and children. And yet they're going to run and say that our number one issue is making sure that women have the freedom of choice to protect their own bodies. But they won't protect those same women and their families. It's such a hypocritical issue for the Democrats.
Speaker 3: They have voice. You're hearing Jafeely.
Speaker 2: You can check out his website jfeelyfocongress dot com. You know him as a former NFL kicker and broadcaster, and he is, according to your website, Jay, tough, tested and ready to kick Washington into shape. I love the tie into your career. I love your optimistic, common sense forward message. And we'll be watching the Arizona results tomorrow. Jafeely, thanks for your time today.
Speaker 11: Beg you Scott shit what you do?
Speaker 3: Bud all right? Arizona primary tomorrow. Jay, He's one of the good.
Speaker 2: I tell you meet a lot of people who are in or want to run for office, Jay Feely, Get to know Jay Feely's He's going to be a good one out there in Arizona. By the way, have you ever thought about how important reliable energy is to your life?
Speaker 3: Maybe you do think about it.
Speaker 2: If you've lived in one of these places where energy hasn't been reliable, where there's been blackouts during cold snaps or bad weather, maybe you do think about it. Energy does more than light up our homes. It creates opportunities for entire communities. And that is why Duke Energy is more than just an energy provider. They make smart investments in technology and grid infrastructure. They're adding capacity to power nearly eleven million new homes over the next five years. They're keeping cost slow. They're deploying new rate structures to ensure that large energy users pay their fair share. They are boosting the efficiency of natural gas plants, saving customers stran hundred and fifty million dollars. Just like American ingenuity and innovation, Duke Energy's commitment to putting customers first never stops.
Speaker 3: I encourage you to learn more.
Speaker 2: At Duke dash Energy dot com, slash Powering America. More politics to use. After this, it's Scott Jennings on Salem.
Speaker 3: Stay with us.
Speaker 5: Have the loved this, haven't had enough? There's more. This is the Scott Jennings Show.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: If you have been thinking of joining me and Mike Gallagher and Larry O'Connor and Kurt Schlichter and Jen Horn and the rest of the luminaries here at Salem Radio, if you have been thinking of joining us on the Unforgettable Gulf of America cruise in November, I can report to you that time is almost out, quite nearly out. Now we are going to have an amazing trip. We go in and out of Fort Lauderdale right after the election mid November. It's a week long cruise. We're gonna sail around the Gulf of America. We make a lot of great stops, and on this ship we will eat well, we will have fellowship with one another. We'll have great programming for you and only for you to attend. And we're gonna celebrate the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of our nation. And you know, we're gonna kick around what just happened. I don't know what's gonna happen in the midterms. I'm gonna talk about that in just a moment. By the way, some polling that came out over the weekend. But we're gonna we're gonna be there on the ship together, refreshing and recharging our batteries after having lived through this exciting midterm election. Sign up now. Text the word cruise to nine four eight seven eight. Text the word cruise to nine four eight seven eight, or go to Scott Jennings Show dot com and click on the Gulf of America cruise banner. They will be turning this off shortly, like very shortly. We have like a couple of cabins left. Get them. This is going to be an amazing trip. I've heard, by the way, some friends back here in Kentucky. I've heard you're thinking of going. And if you have merely been thinking of it but need that push, I won't push you off the ship. I'll push you onto the ship. That's what I'm doing right now. And the push is this. They're going to turn this off pretty soon. Text the word cruise to nine four eight seven eight. Stop thinking about it, do it today?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 2: We just talked to Jay Feeling, candidate for Congress out in Arizona. Jay is he's terrific. By the way, if you don't know Jay Feely, get to know Jay Feeling. But he is in one of the swingiest swing districts in America that will determine control of the US House this November. I was reviewing, by the way, some polling that came out this weekend from the Washington Post and the IPSOS organization. They're giving us the latest snapshot and who is winning battle to control the US House of Representatives. Here is the top line number. You're gonna hear us talk about this a lot for the rest of the year. So I'll explain it today. This is called the generic ballot. And if you follow politics, you know what that is. If you don't, let me explain it. Generic ballot means when the polster calls you and they ask you a simple question, thinking about the elections this November, do you intend to vote for the Republican candidate or the Democrat candidate. They don't put names on it, they just ask you your party preference. Now, in a midterm like this, In a mid term like this, you would expect, based on the punditry and the history and everything, Democrats to have a fairly substantial lead on the generic.
Speaker 3: Well they don't.
Speaker 2: According to the Washington Post's latest survey came out on Sunday morning, the Democrats had a three point lead forty eight to forty five over the Republicans. And I'm going to tell you something right now. If that is how we go into election day with a mere three point advantage on the generic for Democrats, there is more way more than a fighting chance for Republicans to hold the majority in the House of Representatives at this same point. By the way, in twenty eighteen, Democrats had a ten point lead. And now you remember what happened back in twenty eighteen. Perhaps it was kind of a way of election for Democrats. They are nowhere near They are nowhere near where they were in twenty eighteen. Now, if you're a Democrat out there listening to this show, perhaps you're a little sad about this news. Here's what you should be more hopeful about if you were a Democrat. Democratic voters, according to the survey, appear to be more energized and motivated to vote. So while generically the advantage isn't as good or as good as you'd want it to be for Democrats, they do have an excitement or enthusiasm advantage on the Republicans. So if you're a Republican or a conservative out there and you're thinking to yourself, Man, I don't know if I should get out there and vote.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Does it do these mid terms even matter? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes they matter. Democrats are telling you what they'll do. Abolish ice, abolish borders, abolished prisons, abolish the police, abolish the Senate, impeach the president. That's their agenda. All the candidates winning primaries are winning on that message. That's what they intend to do. They can only do it if you don't vote. So it's a close race out there this week. By the way, we're going to be talking about some of the closest races in the nation. We'll do it every day this week, and we'll take a break and have more after this on Salem.
Speaker 5: Stay with it.
Speaker 2: Monday, July the twentieth, Common sense for the American people. Quick check of the headlines. We have a new Prime Minister in the United Kingdom. Keir Starmer is out and he has been officially replaced today by Andy Burnham after a meeting with the King of England. Burnham's first call was to Donald Trump, where he invited the President of the United States to come to his hometown of Manchester. Reports say the President is inclined to take him up on the offer.
Speaker 3: We'll pay attention to that. Today.
Speaker 2: The US Department of Homeland Security has announced fourteen consecutive months of zero releases at the border.
Speaker 3: Just listen to these stats.
Speaker 2: It is incredible what the Trump administration has done at the border. The Border Patrol's apprehensions along the Southwest border were ninety four percent lower than the monthly average under Biden and ninety six percent below the peak nationwide. In June, seizures of cocaine, meth amphetamine, heroin, fentanyl, and marijuana increased forty nine percent from the same month in twenty twenty four, so a lot more drug interdiction going on than was going on under Biden. Fiscal year drug seizers are seizures are fifty seven percent higher than they were during the Biden administration, So a real success story on what's going on at the southern border for President Trump. In the Middle East, at least two US soldiers were killed over the weekend in an Iranian attack on a US base in Jordan. Another is listed as missing in action. A third American service member died in Iraq after a controlled detonation of an Iranian drone. We've had four Iranian attacks in five days on US forces in Jordan that has left dozens wounded, and we are now looking in on whether our missile defense systems are operating correctly in the face of all these missiles and drones that have injured our soldiers.
Speaker 3: To discuss all of.
Speaker 2: This latest on Iran as our friend senior fellow at the Heritage Foundation, Brent Sadler. Brent, thanks for joining us here as you analyze all this news from the weekend. You see heavier and heavier fighting and escalation in military activities, and now you've seen sadly, some American service members killed and several more wounded. How are you processing all of the information today and what should the average American citizen know about the situation with Iran?
Speaker 6: Yeah, great questions and thanks for the chance to kind of comment on this Scott on your show. First off, you know, the cost of the freedom and the prosperity that we as Americans enjoy, it's paid for in blood, and that blood was shed, you know, over the weekend by you know, our brave American patriots that are there in the Middle East right now. So it's not free. It does come at a cost, and so of course prayers to the families of those that are departed, and of course they're shipmates and teammates that are still out there in the fight today. This is an indication of an intensification of the fighting and the fact that the Iranians now are responding more aggressively, though it's still significantly less capable capacity and they had in the very beginning. They are trying new techniques and tactics, but they're also exposing themselves and taking greater risk because quite frankly, the United States is picking up and basically imposing more risk on them and threat to them. So it's an indication that that things are working, that the cost is being imposed on the Iranian regime to hopefully stop and relent.
Speaker 9: I don't give that high odds, which means we're.
Speaker 6: In this for a little while longer until we get to a culminating point in the regime either crumbles from within or the Iranian people take their country back. But again, I think there's an indication the tactics are always changing. The attacks and Jordan come to mind on this as well as in Kuwait, and the US military will be likewise responding. We learn from this, of course, and they'll respond, and this loop of learn, attack, adjust, and start over again is playing out. But yeah, there's a lot more here to discuss, but I think that's where we are with the activities over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Brett, let me ask you about the missile defense because obviously we've seen some missiles and attack drones coming through.
Speaker 3: We've had casualties from this.
Speaker 2: Do you interpret that as Look, no missile defense is going to be one hundred percent. Do you interpret that as Iran has figured something out? Do you interpret that as you know our missile defense has been damaged and is perhaps not operating at the highest level. It could How do you interpret the fact that they're getting a few of their rockets and drones through.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 6: First off, the scale and the size of the sortie are the salvos of attacks. Drones and missiles are significantly smaller than were before, which means something else is going on the tactics. Perhaps there is activities that are going on the ground that are distracting the operators sensors. Cyber is always the easy one to throw out there, but it could be something a lot more germane. It could even be attacks on the sensors themselves by proxies that Iran had they could easily get inside it. We won't know the details, probably be classified, but we won't know the details for some time, nor will the military as they figure out and do post action analysis and then reporting on what actually transpired. But we do have limited munitions and weapons systems. That's a given, which means we have to protect the highest value tactically and strategically platforms and assets which means we take risk in other places. That kind of risk balance might also be why we're seeing some of these attacks get through. The Iranians may have found where that vulnerability is and they're taking advantage of it for perhaps a little one but I think the window of time to do that's very small.
Speaker 2: All right, that's on the defensive side of the ball. Let's talk about the offensive side. The US complete nine straight nights of air strikes, and according to Scentcom, the strikes targeted Iranian military command centers, air defense and coastal surveillance sites, missile and drone launch sites, communications networks, maritime capabilities aimed at protecting commercial shipping. There's also some news out there now, this comes from Iranian state media, that projectiles hit an unfinished nuclear power plant and also perhaps some bridges and power stations. When you hear the list of attack sites that we're focused on right now on the American side of the ball, what does that tell you? And do you believe Iranian state media when they say that some of these infrastructure type sites have been attacked by the US.
Speaker 9: I'd never believe the Iranian site.
Speaker 6: And it's always good no matter what the source to verify it from a separate independent satellite imagery. Get a few days later, you might be able to get an indication the CO. So that's you know, verification is important independent sources. Of course, I think they're talking about Boucher, which is a PowerPoint they've had and they have other plans to expand it. Whether or not the attack was done, it's another question, but it would fit into a grander I guess operational plan that's unfolding right now that does target this type of infrastructure. I would characterize things as the following with these strikes, and there's still many more days that this is going to have to play out. One top of the list is to degrade the Iranian IRGC's ability to threaten shipping in the Straits or hermus but basically to take away their leverage there in negotiations. That's really the last bit of leverage they have, so that continues.
Speaker 9: The second is.
Speaker 6: Hard to isolate the IRGC and it's muscle on the street the basiege these paramilitary kind of thugs so that they can't get move around the country or to get to the sites where the people might be agitating against the regime.
Speaker 9: So to start isolating them.
Speaker 6: That also means isolating them from resupplying, getting more new missiles and drones down to the coastline, and preventing them from launching more attacks because they can bring in new forces from the north. So that's why these bridges, roads, tunnels, train railheads are all being attacked as well. It's also to cut off Iran from resupply from China and Russia as well.
Speaker 9: This was the second day, I believe it was a railhead to the northeast that connects Iran across Turkmenistan to Russia and China, as well as sites along a roads that cut over into bah Luchstein in the western part of Pakistan as well. So that's the isolation part. The degrade part mentioned already go after the ability to hold shipping, but it's also to degrade the ability of the Irgc to suppress their people and also launch these attacks like you saw at Georgia. And then finally the final part is provide an opening for the Iranian people to take the country back, and that's what I see right now. That's a long answer.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, well, there's a lot to discuss here, Brent. We're always grateful for your expertise. Brince Sadler's over at the Heritage Foundation, long career in the US military, expert on national security matters. Brent will have you back as this unfolds right now. Brent, Crude trading at eighty two dollars a barrel was seventy eight five days ago, and the national price of gas now just over four dollars a gallon. We take a break. More news coming up after this. It's Scott Jennings on Salem. Stay with us, one.
Speaker 7: Man standing tall against the leftist mob.
Speaker 5: Here's Scott Jennings.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us here on common sense for the American people. On the Salem Broadcasting Network. Scott Jennings with you today. You know something that has been on my mind and little instances of it, instances, little instances of it continue to pop up on my social media feed, or I see it in the news clippings, and it is generally to me described as thus performative costumery by Democrats and just how vital that is to their project. This weekend, I noted that the communist podcaster, influencer, opinion leader Democratic Party gatekeeper named Hassan Piker was invited to speak to the College Democrats convention and Piker. If you don't know who this is, he's very popular on the left. He right now is kind of dictating what candidates and campaigns talk about.
Speaker 3: He's one of the leading.
Speaker 2: Purveyors of the socialist communist movement of the Democratic Party. So he gets invited to the Michigan I'm sorry to the National College Democrat have Michigan on my mind because he's been promoting abdual el sayet up there. But Piker goes to this big College Democrat convention and he's wearing a full chairman Mao suit, a Mausee Dong style suit. That's what he wears to address the College Democrats. That's one example. Then, of course you look at individual campaigns. Graham Platner up in Maine, God rest his political soul. But before he had to drop out, they had him dressed up in what they perceive to be the working class uniform. Now they have this Troy Jackson. They've got him dressed up in his supposed logging attire. This guy's a creature of Maine state politics, by the way. And then I see Alexandria Ocassio Cortez.
Speaker 3: It spills over from.
Speaker 2: Costumes to even the affect of their speech, the accent that they use when talking to audiences. It's all part of the same play. We have to pretend to be something. We have to pretend to be working class, so we dress up in a costume. In AOC's case, I have to pretend that I care about Black Christian Democrats. I want you to listen to her accent. Now, this is AOC from New York City. I want you to listen to this tape carefully, the act extent that she puts on while speaking to African American voters, many of them Christians in Tennessee, just a couple of days ago, cut seven.
Speaker 8: And the efforts that it took for them to get to that moment. We must double as we descend here on Memphis to organize and care for our brothers and sisters. We cannot afford to leave Tennessee behind. We cannot afford to leave Kentucky behind, Alabama behind, Mississippi behind, Georgia behind.
Speaker 11: South Carolina behind.
Speaker 8: There is no country when we are split apart. About a month or two ago, we're in Montgomery, Alabama. Sister Presley and I were in Montgomery, Alabama. One of the things that we said was that it is time for the north to roll up to the south. We will not be chased out of places anymore.
Speaker 3: Brothers and sisters.
Speaker 8: It is going to take all of us together, rejecting the separation, for us to organize and speak life into one another.
Speaker 3: Because we will.
Speaker 8: We will see the day where we will turn the cook crooked path straight Like this.
Speaker 3: Did you hear that?
Speaker 2: Behind behind, behind, behind? They can't help it. It's not the first time you've heard this. By the way, Hillary Clinton did this, Kamala Harris did this. These Democrats are performers, they're actors, they're fakers. They dress up, they put on accents. It's all a big theater production for these communists, and it's embarrassing. More after this, Scott Jennings is on Salem.
Speaker 11: Stay with it.
Speaker 7: You've heard the narratives, now get the truth. It's the Scott Jennings Show.
Speaker 3: All right. It's Monday, July the twentieth.
Speaker 2: Coming up in sixty seconds, our good friend, the legend college basketball coach and now analysts and a staunch defender of Western civilization, Bruce Pearl will be here in just a moment. But first, I do want to talk to you about America's two hundred and fiftieth anniversary and something that you could do to have a meaningful experience as you celebrate this.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing you should do. I did it.
Speaker 2: It was so fulfilling when I did it. I've read the Declaration of Independence out loud. If you're a regular listener, you heard me do it right here on the air. And I did it because I was inspired to do so by our friends over at Americans for Prosperity. They have a nationwide effort going on to help Americans like you rediscover the principles that made this country exceptional dignity, freedom, opportunity, self government. And if you read the Declaration, it reminds you that all men are created equal, that our rights come from our creator, and that government derives its just powers from the consent of the governed. These truths are not just for plaques and installations at a museum. They are the very foundation of our liberty here in America today. So my advice, grab a copy of the Declaration of Independence, read it out loud to your family and your friends, and talk amongst yourselves about what those words ask of us today. There is no better time to reconnect with that document. That's why AFP Americans for Prosperity is leading the charge to secure our founding principles for the next two hundred and fifty years. Take pledge go to a two fifty toolkit dot com slash scott. That is a two fifty toolkit dot com slash.
Speaker 3: Scott joining us.
Speaker 2: Now legendary college basketball coach and now analyst, Bruce Pearl is here.
Speaker 3: Coach Pearl, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: You and I have an ongoing text dialogue about what's going on in this world, and I'm sorry to say oftentimes our text dialogue is kind of bleak. And over the last several days we've seen people in America who know better doing things that week in America that declowned themselves and that are bowing to and delving into this regrettable and dangerous strain of anti Semitism in our country. Let's start with Congressman Roe Connam of California. That's the first thing we were texting about. He goes over to Israel and claims to have been detained and arrested by the Apartheide State Israel as he went.
Speaker 3: To the West Bank. You texted me about the other day. What did you make of this crazy stunt by Rocanna.
Speaker 14: Well, Scott's great to be with you, and that's exactly what it was. Unfortunately, it was a political stunt.
Speaker 15: Being a member of Congress did.
Speaker 14: Not give you immunity from breaking the laws of foreign country, period.
Speaker 11: Scott.
Speaker 14: I've traveled to Judaea and Samaria a dozen times. Unfortunately, because of the Oslo Accords in nineteen seventy three, they've broken it up into areas A, B and C.
Speaker 15: A is Arab only, B is both, and C is just for the Jewish people.
Speaker 14: If you were to drive down the wrong road into Area A, into places like say Jennine Ramal or certain places like that at a certain time of.
Speaker 15: Night, you could get shot.
Speaker 14: You could get killed, way worse than just getting detained. I've been in Jerusalem and I've driven twenty minutes down the road.
Speaker 15: To Bethlehem, easy trip.
Speaker 14: Well, when you're in Jerusalem, you're with a Jewish guide on a bus with Hebrew letters, and in order to get into Bethlehem.
Speaker 15: You're gotta change buses.
Speaker 14: You're gonna change tour guides because there are certain tour guides that are not allowed to go to certain places and it's for the safety and security.
Speaker 15: Everyone. A junior tour.
Speaker 14: Guide knows this rule knows it well. Rocan knew exactly what he was doing. He put himself and his team on that road into an area that was where he was not allowed to be there, so that he could get stopped and he could get questioned who stopped him. They love to use the word settler. That's probably some dad on Shabbat on his own, just out there on the hills of a dirt road, making sure that nobody came into that community to do their community and a harm that was not a paid police officer, that was not the IDF. And then when the IDF showed up, they said, you know what, You're right, you're not allowed to be there. He did not contact the embassy, He did not go the through the proper sources who could have easily taken him to visit with Palestidians in Juday and Samaria. He chose not to do that. He got exactly what he wanted, except the truth. He's been called out on on it. Rocan tweets twenty to thirty times a day. This happened to him on a Wednesday. He doesn't tweet one word about it until all of a sudden, there's this massive press release on a Saturday. Why because it was a production, It was a stunt, and the United States congressman should be better than that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rocanna.
Speaker 2: I can't think of anybody who has beclowned themselves more in the last year than Row. And it's regrettable because I used to think of him, and I think a lot of people used to think of him as somebody who was kind of, yes, a liberal, but sort of a mainstream or common sense kind of person, someone you could have a reasonable conversation with. He has gone so far off the deep end on these Israel issues, and I guess he wants to run for president, and that's what they have to do, or what they think they have to do, although I think it's terrible idea what they're doing, but we can discuss that later. But trying to create a situation where he's getting arrested or confronted in a foreign country by breaking the rules that he well knows is just nothing more than Again, it's this performative nature of the politics on the left. Let's go to the next story. So that happened, We were chatting about that.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 14: Well, I was going to say, isn't it terrible that Rob Emanuel or Kana needs to go to Israel to create some publicity where he's going to tell Israel what they should do or what land they should give up for peace or this, and that's going to help them within the nomination for the Democratic Party. What message that's saying, you know, to Americans this country. I've got just this question. I want to ask you the question, what ally do we have okay anywhere in the world whereas if that ally went over to say the China rush I ran North Korea access of power, could it do us the most damage?
Speaker 15: What ally would that be?
Speaker 2: There's no other ally other than Israel that could be the answer to that question.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's a great way to look at it.
Speaker 2: Is this what they prefer that we don't have Israel as an ally, that Israel can go partner up with whoever they want out there, people who aren't friendly to the United States. But you know, you bring up the correct topic, because fast forward a couple of days, then we're texting about this headline. In a seismic shift, more than one hundred House Democrats vote to end Israel AID.
Speaker 3: You followed this vote, now, they didn't. They didn't succeed.
Speaker 2: And the vote was put forward by Thomas Massey of Kentucky, who's a viril and anti Semite these days, sadly and lost his primary by the way here in Kentucky in May. But Massey joins up with over half the Democratic Conference in the House to vote against Israel AID.
Speaker 3: Why are they doing this?
Speaker 2: It's all politics, and it shows you where the American left is and where the base of the Democratic Party is. Coach that they've decided that they don't care about anything other than increasingly ramping up the hostility towards this stalwart ally of the United States.
Speaker 3: It's despicable.
Speaker 15: It is despicable, and you're hit the nail on the head. There is no ally that we would be.
Speaker 14: Put our own country in more danger of losing than Israel, who is involved in AI, who's involved in cybersecurity, drone warfare. Our entire Golden Dome missile defense is based on the experiences that right now is taking place in Ukraine and Israel. Supporting Israel is in our country's best interest. It keeps us safe. But the Democrats obviously don't believe that. Look, there's anti Semitism everywhere. There's on santi semitism on both sides of the party, of the political spectrum. The difference is the Republicans are having that fight. You and others are leading that fight. And they've told Congress spent like MESSI, you know what, our tent's not big enough for an anti semi it's just not. Obviously the Democrats they don't feel that way. That's how badly they want to get a hold of power. It doesn't make any sense when one hundred and three Democrats vote to take away defensive military aid.
Speaker 15: And here's the deal, Scott, it's not anymore. It's an investment.
Speaker 14: When the United States invest three point eight billion dollars into israel defense, three point four billion of that money is spent with American countries at companies. I'm in Alabama. Let me tell you some Rocket City is rocket seedy in part because of all the money that Israel spends in Huntsville to develop the defense capable of keeping.
Speaker 15: Them safe from the terrorists.
Speaker 14: So look, the truth is the truth, all right again, thanks to people like you, it is going to get out if you're Jewish, right, now, and you've been a Democrat your entire life, You've got to ask yourself a question. Have the Democrats not completely given up on anti Semitism? They're not completely given up on Israel? It is that good for my country, the United States of America.
Speaker 15: The answer is no.
Speaker 14: I think it's getting almost impossible for Jewish Americans to vote for the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: Well, let's go back in Rokana for a minute.
Speaker 2: So on this vote that we were just discussing, he put out a tweet about how he was going to vote to defund AID to Israel, and he said specifically, I want to get rid of the Iron Dome system. Now you know the Iron Dome missile defense system. By the way, I've been in Israel and I've stood underneath it as the Iranian missiles were falling, and I was pretty darn glad for it while.
Speaker 3: I was there, And I want you were in your hotel, You're I don't reven.
Speaker 14: You were video taping as the skies of Televiver opening up, and you were showing how rockets were being intercepted while you were in Israel.
Speaker 2: I remember I was texted that these rockets, by the way, when they're falling. They don't discriminate. They could have landed on me, I'm an American. They could have landed on a citizen of Israel. They could have landed on an Arab, they could have landed on a Palestinian. They could have landed on a Christian, a Muslim, a Jews. That they could have landed on anybody. The Iron Dome protects everybody who's underneath it. And it's not just Jewish people or Israeli citizens who were underneath it. And that was what was so shocking about Roe and other Democrats saying they want to get rid of the Iron Dome. This is a purely defensive item and it defends against attacks on anyone who is underneath it there. And it just made me wonder what sort of a crazy, deranged person would say, I want to get rid of defensive weapons that protect Jews, Muslims, Christians, israelis Americans, Palestine. I want to get rid of the thing that protects all of those people from deranged terrorists in Iran and other Iranian proxies.
Speaker 3: I'll give you the last word.
Speaker 14: Coach Scott, when I take my teams to Israel and we go over there and we compete, and I take them to the beaches of Tel Aviv and they see all the diversity.
Speaker 15: My players will come up to you all the time to go coach.
Speaker 14: It looks like like one in every three or four people that I'm seeing, one in every three or four family they look Arab, I mean they look Muslim, and I'm like, guys, that's because they are. They are because this is an incredibly diverse society. How important is the defensive wet bretonry in Israel. Israel has the ability to militarily destroy everybody in the Middle East. They have that ability, I mean kill millions, but they don't and they won't because they're able to defend themselves. Yeah, there's a lot of destruction and damage. There's been a lot of death. There's no question Iron Dome has prevented World War three. The fact that Israel is able to intercept the majority of the molistic missiles and the rockets coming in has prevented World War I three. If I Ran had a nuclear weapon, they would use it. They've demonstrated what kind of navies.
Speaker 15: Quarters they are to everybody else in that region.
Speaker 14: And the fact that Israel has to but it protect itself has prevented World War three from taking place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this iron dome system is nothing short of a miracle what they are able to do. And I've seen it. I have witnessed it myself. You wouldn't believe it. Seeing it on television does not do it justice. When you are standing on a hotel balcony, or out in the street, or on the shores of the Sea of Galilee, as I was watching these things be intercepted, you look up and you realize this is nothing short of a life saving miracle. And for Rocana and others that want to get rid of it, deranged. More with Bruce Pearl when we come back, it's Scott Jennings on Salem, Don't go Anywhere.
Speaker 7: Conversation said stories you simply won't hear from the mainstream media.
Speaker 5: It's the Scott Jenny Show.
Speaker 2: We'll wrap up the show with Coach Bruce Pearl in just a moment talking about the need to reform the NCAA. Where to legislative efforts stand. We'll get to that shortly before we go back to Coach Pearl. I do want to welcome a new partner to our program here, Nobel Gold Investments. You hear a lot about investing in gold and silver. The question was never should I invest? The question is who do I trust to invest in this area. The answer is very simple, Noble Gold Investments. That's who I turn to. They take something that feels complicated, they make it very simple.
Speaker 3: Whether you want to.
Speaker 2: Buy gold bars and coins or hold gold and silver in an ira, which I'm sure many of you would like to do, Noble Gold is there to guide you. They are one of America's most trusted and respected precious metals dealers. They put your interest first. There's no pressure, there's no gimmicks. That's what I like about Noble Gold. You have honest questions, they have honest answers, and the answers they give you are for you and your personal situation. It's not a one size fits all conversation. They will understand what's going on in your financial life. They will review your portfolio. They will outline a path for you. Call up Noble Gold eight seven seven six four six five three four seven or visit online Noblegoldinvestments dot com. When you call mention, my name Scott Jennings. All new investors who open a qualified account get a limited edition ten ounce silver bar commemorating America's two hundred and fiftieth anniversary. That'll be a thank you for mentioning the show here. Call them up eight seven seven, six four six fifty three forty seven, or go to Noblegoldinvestments dot com tell them Scott Jennings sent you wrap it up here on Monday, July the twentieth. Our guest is coach Bruce Pearl, legendary college basketball coach and now college basketball analysts for Turner Sports Coach.
Speaker 3: So, last time you were here, we talked a little bit.
Speaker 2: About the need for or legislative action to rescue the NC Double A and NC DOUBLEA sports. Everybody knows something needs to be done. There is a bipartisan effort going on over in the Senate, can't well Crews, Coons and Schmidt. They released a bipartisan bill. It's still being worked on and I know some improvements maybe are coming down as they go through the process here, but the underlying issue remains the NC DOUBLEA needs intervention.
Speaker 3: You've been calling for this for a long time now.
Speaker 2: In your opinion, final product, what must this legislation look like in order to fully save the NC DOUBLEA and all these college athletes.
Speaker 15: Here, you're asking me to give you the final product.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, yes, sir, But I said, well, look, you know, I mean, here's why I'm asking. Because you have recruited players. You have helped these players understand their futures, and you've done it in both systems, the old way and the new way where there's money flying around all over the place, and you've seen how it works and how it's broken. And so I can't think of anybody more than you I would trust to give us the answer.
Speaker 3: Coach. To be honest, I appreciate that.
Speaker 15: Listen.
Speaker 14: First of all, the product on the field and on the courts is unbelievable. It's never been better. So let's start there. The challenge is obviously off the courts and.
Speaker 15: Off the fields. Right now.
Speaker 14: The top football roster are you ready for the Scott fifty million dollars? That sounds crazy, but your average NFL football roster is about three hundred million dollars. The NFL is the most watched sport in America. Number two is college football. So when people hear fifty million, they go that's crazy. Well not necessarily, as it is based on how many people.
Speaker 15: Are watching it. The interest is obviously there right now. There is no guardrails the rules. We are not playing on an equal playing field.
Speaker 14: The football programs, primarily men's some men's basketball programs have been paying the way for incletied athletics. It's done tremendous amounts of good. The Olympic sports are benefiting from it. Women are betting from it.
Speaker 15: Title nine. We are the only.
Speaker 14: There's nothing like intercleaned athletics anywhere in the world other than the United States of America. It's a part of our fabric. It's a way of life. It's diversified our universities. It's brought women into college campuses and educated. It's done so much good. It does need seconds. So I'm so grateful, so greatful. So then in a cruise for putting this legislation forward, what he's got so far is a great start, but it needs it needs more work. Both sides have got to compromise more. And that's that's as far as I want to go. We need congressional interaction to give us some limited anti trust protection so that we can negotiate with the players and come up with some rules and guidelines that what they're doing is a great start, but it's it's it's still use more commonized on both sides.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a good start, I agree, and I hope they're ringing your phone off the hook because if anybody has the right experience, vision and values on this, along with a lot of other issues, it's you, Coach Bruce Pearl. Thanks for joining us on the show. We're done for the day and tomorrow we join you live from New York City. It's common sense for the American people. Join us tomorrow. Thanks for listening today.
Speaker 3: Have a good one.
Speaker 7: Common sense for the American people. This is the Scott Jetni Show.