Speaker 1: My name is Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 2: I run the largest pro American student organization in the country, fighting for the future of our republic. My call is to fight evil and to proclaim truth. If the most important thing for you is just feeling good, you're gonna end up miserable. But if the most important thing is doing good, you'll end up purposeful. College is a scam, everybody. You got to stop sending your kids to college. You should get married as young as possible and have as many kids as possible.
Speaker 3: Go start at turning point.
Speaker 2: You would say college chapter. Go start aturning point, yould say high school chapter. Go find out how your church can get involved.
Speaker 3: Sign up and become an activist.
Speaker 2: I gave my life to the Lord in fifth grade, most important decision I ever made in my life, and I encourage you to do the same.
Speaker 3: Here I am.
Speaker 4: Lord, Use me.
Speaker 2: Buckle up, everybody, Here we go. The Charlie Kirk Show is proudly sponsored by Preserved Gold, leading gold and silver experts and the only precious metals company. I recommend to my family, friends and viewers.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: Our two of the Charlie Kirk Shows under way January twenty second, lots of good news today, lots and lots of good news coming through. And something we want to make sure that is not being overlooked is some of the behind the scenes work that's being done to clear out a gut of terrible precedents that have been living just sort of behind the surface to the federal government for decades. And you brought it up when we had Kelly Loffler, and we're actually gonna bring her back on because a lot of news has happened at a Small Business Administration on something called eight A, which, if you had to summarize quickly, Blake before we bring Ben on, what is eight A.
Speaker 3: Eight A is.
Speaker 1: It's this giant morass federal program to basically or orders. It's a program created by Congress orders the govern to give a certain percentage of its contracts to businesses that are certified as owned by disadvantaged people. Small businesses owned by disadvantaged people. Right, and this being America, who counts as disadvantage has grown to the point where you are disadvantaged if you're anything other than a white man, So if you're a woman, if you are basically anyways, if you are from a national group that makes more money on average than white Americans. Like I believe Indian Americans as disadvantage they out earn white Americans.
Speaker 3: So here to help.
Speaker 5: Us explain this is Ben Weiningarten, who is a Newsmax contributor. He's also a real clear politics contributor and writer. Ben, Good to see you again, welcome back to the show. I think this correct me if I'm wrong. Is this the first time we've had you back since you know, we lost Charlie. I always want to give the guests an opportunity to reflect on that as a first step.
Speaker 6: Well, well, thanks so much for having me, and it is the first time since being back. What a loss it has been for the country. You guys have done an exceptional job picking up the mantle to the extent anyone can.
Speaker 7: And I think the way to honor.
Speaker 6: His legacy is to fight with just as much vigor, just as much intellectual honesty and heft, and with as impassioned a sort of drive as we can possibly have to overcome these forces of evil and darkness that conspire to take him down. So, you know, as jew, we say, may his memory be a blessing, And I would also say may his memory and his works inspire us to go forth and conquer in this war of ideas and for civilization on his behalf.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well said Ben, And you've been a longtime guest intermittently you have these great pieces that come through ever real clear. And I know you're also Newsmax now, and so congratulations on all your success and all the things you're doing.
Speaker 3: This is a huge story.
Speaker 5: Charlie was all over disparate impact, he was all over CRT, he was all over DEI, something we never talked about until just recently. And Christopher Ruffo has been talking about it as well. And we're gonna have Kelly Leffler, actually Loeffler on the show tomorrow. She wants to come back on and give updates on what's going on over at SBA. But how big of a problem is this insidious little thing called eight A and what's being done to solve it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, well, thanks so much for those kind of words. And AA really looks like the small Business Administration manifestation of DEI on steroids. And even if you think that that's a political characterization, we need to look no further than the fact and the fact that hence focused by the Biden administration under its effort to infuse every single aspect of the federal government with quote unquote equity, And what they wanted to do was raise the percentage of SBA contracts to A firms eight A eligible firms, qualified firms from five percent of contracts to small businesses to fifteen percent. That's really all you need to know about how significant of a thrust this was, and what does that mean. We're talking percentages, but these are tens of billions of dollars in contracts every year that are steered towards purported socially and economically disadvantaged individually owned small businesses or majority minority owned small.
Speaker 7: Businesses, and so that's massive.
Speaker 6: Obviously, when we're talking about no big contracts or limited competition, they have focus from federal authorities. And this is really dating back years, if not decades, is on the fact that the program is open to massive amounts of waste, fraud, and abuse. There's been a recent prosecution over in this case, of course, a USAID administrator who was dolling out contracts to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars and receiving kickbacks pursue with these firms.
Speaker 7: But beyond that, the main allegations are.
Speaker 6: That you have these pass through entities where a firm puts itself out there as being owned by a minority business owner and then subcontracts out the work to massive defense contractors, for example. So essentially the idea is that you have a front company that looks like a minority company and they don't really do any of the work, but they collect the fees and then they shift a percentage of those fees onto a major company that actually does most of the work. And then of course there's the idea that their companies who claim to be socially and economically disadvantaged and in reality should not be based upon the criteria set up by SPA. And there have been studies done by Inspectors General to show that so one thing is the waste fraud abuse and that this looks like a racial preference program that is potentially rife with fraud, and that's led to all sorts of scrutiny by the SPA, by the Treasury Department, now by the Department of War, according to recent announcement by Secretary Hegith. And beyond the other aspect is is this thing legal in the first place, and there are regulations underpinning how this program is actually executed that suggests that there is a rebuttable presumption that you are a socially and then economically disadvantaged business if you are a member of a minority group.
Speaker 7: That present umption was challenged.
Speaker 6: So basically, if you are not a minority, you have to prove that you're socially and economically disadvantaged. But if you are, you're assumed to qualify for the program unless there's evidence shown to the contrary, and that evidence is basically never shown. Historically, that regulation was challenged, and at least one federal court found that it didn't.
Speaker 7: Pass legal muster.
Speaker 6: So to get around that ruling, the Biden administration said, Okay, we're not going to use a rebuttable presumption, but under this program, you're going to have to draft a socially disadvantaged narrative essay to show ways in which you've been disadvantaged. And so this is basically like a proxy for what the Supreme Court assumed that a lot of universities might try to do to get around affirmative action being prohibited, which is just write an essay as a proxy for it. So we've seen that similar regulations have gone from the SBA and been applied by a slew of other agencies now in other programs. So while you had a court say this rebuttable presumption for the SBA doesn't pass legal muster, and the Biden administration tried to find a workaround, the underlying regulation has been adopted by a ton of other agencies in doling out awards under programs to advance quote unquote socially and economically disadvantaged individual So this looks like racial preferences that continue to exist. And so I wrote in this recent story about real clear investigations about a lawsuit that seeks to wash away this regulation and invalidate it not just at the SBA, but everywhere it's been adopted across the federal government.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just to put this in perspective here, because you you didn't brush over, but I just want to draw our attention to it again. In twenty twenty four, the SBA awarded some seventy eight billion dollars, or twelve percent of all contract dollars, so they didn't even hit they're fifteen percent mark to so called small disadvantage businesses often under no bid or limited competition arrangement. So that's seventy eight billion in one agency. And to assume that there is some fraud, waste, and abuse in there, I think would be a safe assumption.
Speaker 1: The waste is picked in because you're just allowed to pay more for something you could get cheaper. That's already wasteful on top of the literal fraud that they do on top of that.
Speaker 3: And it's just interesting.
Speaker 5: As the demographics of the country shift ben it's like, how long are we going to keep up this ruse?
Speaker 3: Anyways?
Speaker 5: President Trump walked into a catch twenty two when taking office. Do nothing in America would be staring at a ticking debt bomb, the kind of crisis that could cripple our future. Instead, he's taken action with strong policies to slow the train and buy us some time. But the effects of past administration spending are still working through the system, and experts predict dramatic price increases and market uncertainty. Trump is doing all he can, but no matter who's in office, protecting your retirement saving is ultimately up to you, and that's why many Americans are turning to real assets like gold and silver. Preserve gold is our go to choice here at the Charlie Kirk Show. We use them because they make it easy to own physical gold and silver even inside your retirement accounts, like an IRA or four O one K now hear from Charlie in his own words.
Speaker 2: Preserve Gold is my go to choice for all my precious metal needs. They are the real deal and I recommend them to my friends, family and viewers.
Speaker 5: Get their free Wealth Protection Guide now by texting Charlie to five zero five zero five. President Trump is fighting for America's future. Now it's your term to help protect yours, all right, Ben, There is news also on the eight DA front that you mentioned this briefly, but it's kind of a program that's morphed and it's evolved and it's kind of spread to other parts of the government. And so Pete Hegseth came out and said that he's getting rid of eight A. How big of a chunk of money are we talking over at DODUB.
Speaker 6: We're definitely talking about billions of dollars annually, and the Department of Defense is among the biggest dollars out of contracts to a eligible firms. So it's like DoD HHS are some of the main agencies that contract through the SBA with these aight A firms, and so there's been allegations of defense contractors oftentimes effectively winning business using AA firms as fronts, essentially to get business they couldn't otherwise get.
Speaker 7: And something that was mentioned that's really kind.
Speaker 6: Of perverse in this is shouldn't all companies be competing a sort of according to their merits, on their own qualifications. And it's the same thing with affirmative action in school sports. Have said that these affirmative action type programs, it was always assumed that they would lapse, they would go away when we reached the place where discrimination wasn't rooted in all of these different institutions.
Speaker 7: And if it's been found in the schools, certainly wouldn't we.
Speaker 6: Have founded in the private sector as well at this time. And it's also worth noting, by the way, we're talking about a A in the federal government, and there's questions about whether or not that can even comport with the Trump administration's own executive orders against deis in federal contracting and in a federal government. But you also have these disadvantage business enterprises so called that get carved out contracts at the state and local levels. So it's billions upon the federal billions of dollars that are involved here. And there's a whole racket arguably associated with it in the law firms that represent these companies, in the advisors of the sultants, the people who write the studies justifying the continued use of racial preferences.
Speaker 7: So it is a massive, massive deal in terms of dollar value. You can argue that it goes way.
Speaker 6: Beyond what it would mean to abolish affirmative action in colleges. This is tens of billions of dollars at least just on the federal side, every single year, taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, and I think that's really smart. And this is you know, some of this is wonky. I'm sure the audience is kind of you know, it's a little bit.
Speaker 3: In the weeds.
Speaker 5: But it's so critically important because when we have senators like Ron Johnson here saying we got to get back to pre COVID level spending, okay, which is what four and a half trillion dollars. Now we're at like seven okay, six and a half seven. This is why it's so important because when you increase the federal budget like this, and you got these eight A and this DEI and this disparate impact embedded within the federal code and all these statutes, you got to just assume all your tax dollars just going away and getting flushed down the toilet for stuff that really is illegal. I mean, I remember Stephen Miller was on a crusade before he got back into the administration, suing a bunch of this anti white discrimination. And especially as the demographics of the country change, when when you got fifty percent white country and you got fifty percent, you know, minority country. A lot of this, a lot of this doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: It's sort of like in Los Angeles, their school district has a special category.
Speaker 3: James Kreski, he's on next about you.
Speaker 1: You'll create special categories where it's supposed to be. They'll have schools where they're marked a special because they're majority non white, and they get special privileges because the idea is smaller class, small class, sizes, more money, all these things. And it's eighty percent of the schools qualify for this because.
Speaker 3: It's only ten percent of the students in LA or now white white.
Speaker 1: So what you're you're literally at the point where, okay, this is not a leg up for this disadvantage small group, it's we just want to punish white people.
Speaker 3: And make spending.
Speaker 5: It's spending a lot of money. Here's Pete Hegseth on reviewing and rooting out aight A within the Dow three ninety eight.
Speaker 3: So effective immediately.
Speaker 8: I'm ordering a line by line review of every small business sole source eight a contract that is over twenty million dollars, and we'll look at everything smaller than that too.
Speaker 3: It's a two stage mission.
Speaker 8: First, if a contract doesn't make us more lethal, it's gone. We have no room in our budget for wasteful DEI contracts that don't help us win wars, period, full stop. Second, we're doing away with these pass through schemes. We'll make sure that every small business getting a contract is the one actually doing the work and not just some shell company funneling your money to a giant consulting firm.
Speaker 3: Ben final word to you, this.
Speaker 7: Is similar to in Minneapolis.
Speaker 6: You have basically government programs with limited safeguards, and of course they're going to get abused. And I think the really important thing is this the Trump administration is trying to do everything it can using executive power to get out of the DII business. D D you can all turn right back on in a future administration.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, it's so true. This is why we got to win the midterms.
Speaker 3: We got to win.
Speaker 5: In twenty eight Ben Winegarden Newsmax contributed Real Clear Investigations.
Speaker 3: Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 9: This is Lane Schoenberger, chief investment officer and founding partner of y Refi. It has been an honor and a privilege to partner with Turning Point and for Charlie to endorse us. His endorsement means the world to us, and we look forward to continuing our partnership with Turning Point for years to come. Now hear Charlie in his own words, tell you about why Refi.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you guys about why refight dot com. That is why are ef y dot com. Y Refi is incredible private student loan debt in America told us about three hundred billion dollars. Hy refy is refinancing distress or defaulted private student loans. You can finally take control of your student loan situation with a plan that works for your monthly budget. Go to yrefight dot com. That is why refight dot com. Do you have a co borrower? Why ref I can get them released from the loan. You can skip a payment up the twelve times without penalty. It may not be available at all fifty states. Go to yrefight dot com. That is why are ef y dot com. Let's face it, if you have distress or default the student loans, it can be overwhelming because of privacuit loan debt. So many people feel stuck. Go to yrefight dot com. That is y R e f y dot com Private student loan debt relief yrefight dot com.
Speaker 5: All right, I got some breaking news and then we're gonna bring in Ryan James Gerdowski, who has some interesting analysis. It always does, actually always brings really interesting stuff. So there's been a third arrest William Kelly, who was this crazy lunatic. This guy was always wearing a beanie, barking at all these people, poor people in this church. He's been indicted or he's been charged and actually is in FBI custody. So yesterday he was yeh, there's a picture of him, real lunatic. And we have a video of him yesterday basically challenging Pam Bondi to come arrest him four h two.
Speaker 10: So you know, Pambondy, you want to come and arrest me, you want to come and give me charges, so be it. And for all the people getting you know, giving me death threats, threatening my life, kill me, go ahead, kill me, because you know what, as Fred Hampton said, you can kill the revolutionary, but you can't kill the revolution.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's too bad this guy didn't go protest to church in Chicago because then we could have had William Kelly on to discuss William Kelly.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 5: So this this guy's been spotted all over DC. He's a complete lunatic. This is what he does full time. So he said, come arrest me. Pam Bondi said, okay, deal, I'll take that deal now. An update, Apparently a magistrate judge blocked the Don Lemon charges so they I'm not exactly we're getting the details there. So Don Lemon has not been charged. Yeah, there you go, magi strate judge rejects charges against Don Lemon over antist protests at Minnesota church. Okay, this is probably my guess here is that This is some sort of activist judge who didn't want to you know, he just is treating Don Lemon as as an independent journalist. Don Lemon was not an independent journalist. He was there as an activist. Okay, you don't kiss the main lead organizers also been charged and arrested. You don't tell him thank you for your service and defense their actions. If you're just an independent journalist, he's an activist. Okay, that's what he is.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: Welcome back, Ryan James Gerdowski. There, we got the housekeeping out of the way there, sir. Welcome back to the Charlie Kirk Show. It's good to see you.
Speaker 4: Thank you. And you said a crazy guy with a beanie was arrested.
Speaker 11: I thought Tim Poole was going to show off, but I mean it's much better news.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, as far as I know, Tim hasn't been rating churches storming churches, although I wouldn't put it past him. He's unpredictable.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: So you had this interesting take here, and I think we've got the graphic and we throw it up, but you basically break down the states that are losing population, and this is something that we've been on really for a long time, Ryan, where you say green states that saw net positive migration from other Americans. Purple states are states that's on net negative migration.
Speaker 3: And you say this.
Speaker 5: Immigration is the only thing keeping certain blue states like New York, Illinois, New Jersey in California from losing ten plus congressional districts. Take us back in time, because this was a fight in Trump one point zero where they tried to make it so that in the census we would not have illegals counted in the census.
Speaker 11: What happened, well, I mean, listen, when I say immigration, it is both legal and illegal. I think that has to be set there and stated from my recollection from the census. Thing they brought up to the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court said no, that they have to be counted.
Speaker 4: Now. Before that, there was also a core.
Speaker 11: Case that said that only people of voting age and legality should be counted. In other words, children shouldn't be counted, and people who can't be voted either their residents or their visitors or their legal visitors, or they are illegal aliens should not be counted because that would at least make every congressional district of equal voting population. There are some congression districts that have one hundred or one hundred fifty thousand more voters than other districts, makes them much more expensive, harder to win. So that was interesting, But all the core has been very pretty consistent sitting there and saying no, it's every person in the building gets counted. So with that happening, especially because of COVID, there was a mass change in movement as far as people goes. California essentially has the same amount of people today as it did in twenty twenty. Right, American citizens are leaving that state. They're leaving New York, they're leaving Illinois. They're not willing to deal with the nonsense of failed government, democratic governance. What is happening is is that the three hundred thousand plus people who have moved to California from other countries have made up from the loss of population of Americans. So in the twenty thirty census, when California should be like, okay, let me say, how are the states doing, Where do people want to live? Where people moving, California should lose five seats. They really probably should lose five seats. They wouldn't have gained so many had not been fair legal alliances over time, but they should lose five seats. It is only for legal and illegal immigration that they don't lose more. It is very important in these four years where President's really cracking down illegal immigration, he is putting up barriers for legal immigration, that we sit there and we.
Speaker 4: Really reduce these numbers.
Speaker 11: Because in the twenty thirty decade, right as it stands now, Texas, Florida, Utah, Arizona are all set to.
Speaker 4: Gay idahos at the game.
Speaker 11: Correcial seats California, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Illinois will all lose, or Washington or Oregon.
Speaker 4: So it's supposed to lose one as well. They will all lose. What does that actually mean as far as presidential polis go.
Speaker 11: It means that that decade will be the first decade where the entire blue wall does not matter. In other words, if a Republican wins North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Arizona, they win the presidency and Ohio I should say Ohio to. As long as they win Ohio plus those other states, they win the presidency. There's no more conversation of how Wisconsin's going. I mean, it will be important to win those states and to sit there and campaign there, but it's not necessary anymore. The entire climate changes and it becomes very difficult for Democrats to really climb out of that. As Florida is not a swing stated anymore, as Texas has not become a swing state like they hoped it would be, Arizona, North Carolina, and Georgia is really you know, they have they have work to do there to sit there and try to win. Yet and still they cannot count on these big blue states to the living and wor because Americans don't want to live there.
Speaker 5: It's such a big topic, Ryan, because you know, you have native born Americans that are abandoning American states. They're they're completely they're opting out, they're walking, and it just it seems like such a travesty that we have whole tracts of this country that Americans find so detestable that they refuse to live there.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter they have America.
Speaker 1: California was, let's be frank, it was paradise for decades, and Paradise is depopulating. It is a place of the very rich and the very poor.
Speaker 5: You have to be a special kind of stupid to drive people away from California.
Speaker 3: You jet, you have to yeah, go ahead, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: No, it's true.
Speaker 11: And think of I mean, but think of like public schools, right, public schools are literally free for people to attend, and yet they still won't. Democrats will make something unlikable even.
Speaker 4: If you give it for free.
Speaker 11: That is how bad some policies have it. And think of all the millions who are literally trapped there, who vote against its policies year in and year out, and they sit there and they try to work their way to make sure supermajorities maintain and the insanity continues. So I think it's very very important though, that the whole country doesn't go down that route, and we're no longer held hostage to these big blue states anymore because Americans don't want to live there. And if we can cut off illegal immigrations aret deporting people, I mean, we are but ramp it up. And if we can sit there and reduce legal immigration on top of that, we saw it, we will see massive change to the tune of ten twelve seats out of blue states into red ten twelve electoral colleges and it's a whole different ballgame.
Speaker 4: It's just a completely the twenty thirties changed.
Speaker 5: Radically, Well, the twenty thirties change. I think there's an I think there's an argument. Listen, if we look at what the Democrats are doing in Virginia, they're going full Marxist in a de D plus sixth state, and we we can't get Indiana to redistrict. There's a that we are we are taking a knife to a gunfight, if you will, And it's I mean, we're just we're still playing under an old playbook. And I thought we were past that. I thought, in the ear of Trump, we'd finally learn our lesson. After twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: We have not. We have not.
Speaker 5: And you know so, Ryan, you are the host of its Numbers Game. You're also you do the nappop dot substack dot com. You're also the founder of the seventeen seventy six Project Pack. You're like one of those people we bring on the show. And I got to have all these different like titles ready to get it out. No, No, you're doing You're doing great work all and so you are a numbers game guy. Talk about this deep mass deportations you just said we got to ramp it up.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 5: Then you got Axios saying that this is so unpopular. The Trump administration is looking at it. You got this story this morning, or this five year old illegal. The Democrats are spreading all this propaganda. Turns out the data abandoned him. How popular or unpopular is it, and specifically with independence and minorities.
Speaker 11: So the New York Times poll that just came out this morning was terrible for Trump. It was horrible poll numbers except on two issues, border security and deporting illegal immigrants. Now they're going to sit there and say, oh, look, the poll said that ice is unpopular. Yeah, they don't. People don't like massed agents. They don't like watching families cry.
Speaker 4: They don't. People are people like, they have a heart.
Speaker 11: However, that doesn't mean that they don't endorse the deportation effort. It is the most popular issues still when they ask what is Trump doing right? Deporting illegal immigrants? It was popular among not only Republicans, but I think it was plus twelve among independence It was positive among all age demographics over the age of thirty, so only the very young were opposed to it. It was very popular among men I think it was fifty to fifty among women. It is the issue that people bullet it for Donald Trump this and there was no like, oh I want what he'll sit there and do The signs were at the convention mass deportation now, so overall, yes, when they see the images on social media, they really don't like them. It's really given something. They don't like what happened in Minneapolis. However, they still support doing mass deportations. If Blue states would get on board with actually allowing prisons to so obliged by ice detainers and we could deport them straight from prisons, which Blue states are stopping right now, it would be a much easier and pragmatic approach.
Speaker 4: We can't have that. We should be.
Speaker 11: Looking at finding increasing finds against employers at hire illegals.
Speaker 4: That's an easier way to do it.
Speaker 11: But the good thing is that the Brookings Institute and AEI looked at this. We're having a net loss about one hundred thousand illegal foreign born citizens this year this year and not citizens but form born residents this year and.
Speaker 4: About half a million next year. It is working.
Speaker 11: It might be a little painful for the people who are queasy, but it is working and it's a good thing.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, if you've been a faithful Kirk podcast listener for any amount of time, then you've probably already heard about strong Cell. It was Charlie's favorite supplement. If you want to deal with your brain fog, fatigue, lack of energy, or constant illness, then you have to try strong Sell. People always ask Charlie how he's able to keep his mind so sharp and his energy up, and strong Sell was his go to every day. I traveled the country with Charlie watching people ask him time and again if he really believed in strong Cell, and I loved watching him tell him. Yes, he loved it, and he used it, and he made us all believers too. Here at the Charlie Kirk Show.
Speaker 2: Strong Cell uses a proprietary delivery of NYDH to make sure it goes straight to your cells to help your mitochondria. And since there are cells in every air of your body, then healthier cells equals a healthier you.
Speaker 5: And now you can try strong Cell completely risk free with their ninety day money back guarantee. That's right, completely risk free to try that.
Speaker 2: Strong Sell dot com forward slash Charlie and don't forget to use special discount code Charlie at checkout up to get a special twenty percent off just for Kirk listeners. Strong sell dot Com forward slash Charlie. Check it out right now.
Speaker 5: I want to play this clip from JD Vance and he's talking about we're not going to stop.
Speaker 3: We're not going to stop deporting illegals, so get over it. Four or four.
Speaker 12: The far left has decided that the United States of America shouldn't have a border anymore, and they are willing to fight and penalize and docks and even assault our law enforcement officers in order.
Speaker 3: To fight for the basic principle.
Speaker 12: That anybody ought to be able to come into the United States of America. Well, i'll tell you right now, the Trump administration we reject that we are going to get illegal criminals out of our country, and we're not going.
Speaker 3: To let a few left wing radical stoppers.
Speaker 5: So it seems like the administration is getting the memo here. Ryan James Gerdowski seventeen seventy six pack. Uh. Blake reads some of these numbers though on this New York Times poll because I mean.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to me. So, as you mentioned, he's he's strongest on the border. But unsurprisingly people are annoyed about the Epstein Files thing. But like, for example, he's only forty one approved fifty three disapprove on Venezuela, which we talked to Rich Traveris about that. It's interesting because Latin America does overwhelmingly seem to like it, and it seems it basically did work whatever he was, what his plan was, and you know, we didn't invade, we did whatever war, so.
Speaker 3: Why are they unhappy about there?
Speaker 1: Or thirty seven and fifty four on the Israel Palestine conflict where it's imperfect, but they actually did get a ceasefire in that one, which is one of the things he promised he would get.
Speaker 3: So he's seen as too close to bb Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thirty four negative twenty four, thirty four to fifty eight on Russia Ukraine. I guess it hasn't ended the war yet, but nothing catastrophic has happened either.
Speaker 11: But if you liked it, that because because if you look at the numbers, right, it's it comes down to the estancial thing of inflation and cost of living, right. The only thing that he does worse than the cost of living is the Epstein Files and It's kind of like something one thing is polluted and therefore everything is polluted. It makes no rhyme or reason. Like on Israel, he did a great job on Venezuela, everything worked out like So there's the negative negativity towards the issue cost of living and the feeling that he is not organized on the issue of cost of living and that's not a priority pollutes everything. The one coveyat I will say at the Times, and I'm not a pole truther, but the one coveyat I will provide for the Times issue is when they ask independence, do you lean Republican or Democrats?
Speaker 4: Overwhelmingly Democrats. So there could be.
Speaker 11: Some maybe a little, maybe a margin of error in one way or the other. But I think that the ideas that the priorities are not there. We want to really focus a lot on American, on American stuff and making sure American jobs are coming back, and I think that that is just creates negativity across the board on everything.
Speaker 1: What is driving the so people say cost of deliving affordability is that a vibes based thing. Is there is something specific they see because I just thought I was looking up and I know rental prices in a lot of big cities are stagnating or falling, so housing, especially for people.
Speaker 4: Here's a big part of it.
Speaker 11: But also it is one of the worst times when to be young and looking for a job in our country. Like that is just the truth. I don't know whether it's AI or job is being moved overseas or whatever the case is. You hear a lot of things from a lot of different people and you kind of try to parse through to find the truth. That though, is a really big part of it. And the number one group that is set there and turned on Trump are young people. It's people under the age of thirty. His numbers are very stable. For people over the age of thirty, I mean, they're really not horrendous. There are some numbers are that could be off, that could be better. However, the numbers under thirty where you're seeing the biggest u turn against him. I kind of think in part part of its vibes and its social media and people getting outrage over every kind of nonsense there is, and part of I think is one of the worst times to be a young person to try.
Speaker 4: To find a job.
Speaker 5: I will tell you we had a bunch of turning points students on the show not too long ago, and I was struck by how much they kept going and again, these are conservative kids, all right, Okay, so it's a selected bias there, but I was struck by how much they talked about H one by And listen, I'm H one B is a actually a small fraction of a much larger legal.
Speaker 1: Immigration to some extent, but it's what they talk about.
Speaker 5: Right, because it's symbolic for them because they feel like, you know, yeah, they do have the AI on slot coming. That's that's that's an entry level job killer. AI is going to take a lot of analyst jobs. It's going to take a lot of you know, data jobs. So they look at H one B as a truly symbolic problem for their generation going into the workforce. I think they need to do more on that. I think they need to do it more on legal immigration because legal immigration is actually, structurally I think one of the biggest problems facing the country.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and listen, President Trump is going all in on AI. He's making a real a big bet. He says it's going to create more jobs than it takes away. Maybe it doesn't. Maybe we're just in the pain period.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't have a crystal ball.
Speaker 11: However, if he is wrong, it is a generational consequence, like there's I don't know if anyone's out there and said, mister president, what if you are wrong on this major, major thing, and you're looking at a generation where twenty percent can't find a job. I think that that's a real conversation that democrats on the left are having. Rocana is having that conversation. Democrats are saying, what are we going to do about AI in a real way where we redistribute? Well, they're speaking about as a solution towards socialism, as AI is the gateway to actually get real socialism in America in a way that we have never felt it. They think that that's the answer, and I know the internal polling that they have flagged.
Speaker 4: The President says the.
Speaker 11: Numbers on AI are not great, like they do most Americans are worried about it.
Speaker 4: They're not concerned. You are the AI president.
Speaker 11: I think that that's something that they should be sitting there and trying to calculate and say, Okay, what are you know, what are we doing?
Speaker 5: You know, I saw David Sachs was flagging this over at Davos, and he was talking about how China has you know, the Chinese population is like an eighty percent positive rate, you know when polled about AI, and in the United States it's like forty forty one forty three.
Speaker 1: I think the President is right to go for AI because it's not even whether AI will create jobs or not, it's that AI will exist. And do you want it to be in America like or do you want to be in China and we lose whatever jobs that takes.
Speaker 4: Do you want to regulate it at all?
Speaker 11: That's the question, is like pe like like Sachs will say, oh, we need a federal regulation and then just ask sax Okay, what's the federal regulation you support and see if he says anything, because I have yet to see when when you ask Silicon Valley to police themselves they fail.
Speaker 4: Do I mean, we can just go back to a.
Speaker 11: Twenty twenty where they were literally on board with every single far left extreme thing that there was, and then Trump was popular in one and now they're all on board. But they'll leave us again in thirty five seconds. They don't care, They have no loyalty. If you ask what is the thing you're willing to sit there and actually get hard federal legislation on what is it? And I don't just tell me, you know, children, child pornography. Well tell me a real concrete thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I listen, and I know. There was a bunch of back and forth on the one big beautiful bill, and there was that one clause which was gonna, you know, put off any regulation in the state level for ten years or whatever. It made sense because California was in New York are so large, their economies are so large that they could basically dictate a patchwork of woke regulation at the state level on AI and it would screw everybody else. So I understood the sentiment. It got demonized and villainized. Yeah, twenty sevens.
Speaker 11: But Andrew, but remember Tennessee was what killed that part of the bill. I know Tennessee.
Speaker 4: It was in New York or California.
Speaker 11: Texas has AI regulation, Florida has AI regulation. It is not just the thing is, yeah, we're gonna end up with patchwork because there's no federal response. Either make a federal response and give up something instead of asking Silicon Valley for advice, up something that the taxpayer the voters want, or you're going to see just states continue to do it.
Speaker 4: You can't have it both ways.
Speaker 5: Ryan here asking really good conversation. We'll have you on and back again soon.
Speaker 9: For more on many of these stories and news you can trust, go to Charliekirk dot com