Speaker 1: Well, friends, Welcome back to New World, Old to a podcast. Thank you for being here once again. We asked all of you out in the Internet world whether or not you'd be curious to hear about Melissa's progress with her throid issues and the Hashi motos and how all of that is going motives the Hashi motos. So many of you expressed in interest in how it is that she's been addressing all of these health concerns. But before we jump into that conversation, we just wanted to bring up an address because I'm sure we'll get some questions about why it is we're not discussing this. We're recording this on Sunday, and there's been a lot of breaking news about everything that's happening down in Mexico. I'm sure by the time we post this, additional information and details will have been made known to everybody out there. Pretty shocking what's happening, and we just wanted to express our concern and really pray for everyone that's specifically vacationing down there, because how unexpected would this be if you were just hoping to take a family vaca, a couple of vaca and then all of this turmoil begins. Very scary stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really scary. My sister was actually vacationing there well the week after we back from Hawaii, so I think she got back maybe a week ago, ten days ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, scary stuff. There's all these video clips that are coming out, like I said, prayers or everyone that is down there or down there currently seeing like gun battles in the streets and people being ripped out of their cars and everyone's sheltering in place in the hotels, which would be an awful feeling. Yeah, So we wanted to jump to this health discussion regarding so many of the positive results that you've gotten more recently with all of you your different strategies that you've implemented with addressing this Hashi Moltos diagnosis that we encountered last year. You want to jump right into that.
Speaker 2: Sure, let's do it all righty. So I was diagnosed in October with hashimotos and it's an autoimmune disease and essentially it's where your body or your immune system attacks your thyroid gland and your thyroid. It affects everything in your body and this can affect men and women and so a lot of people have hashimotos that don't even know it. I mean, they can affect up to ten percent of men, but it's more prevalent in women, So like one in five women will be affected in their life, and then a lot of women will have it and suffer with it and then never be diagnosed because doctors just don't often test for autoimmune diseases. You have to really push. It takes five to twelve years on average to get diagnosed, so I don't know how long I had it, but I just basically advocated for myself.
Speaker 1: Your mom was also diagnosed very recently, and she had no idea. She had run herself through the full gamut as far as testing goes, with every reason right, and nothing was coming back. Nobody landed on hashimotives. It was more so you tho. I was like, hey, yeah, test for this specifically.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, And it was Nevea that told me so. Nevella, after many many tests, discovered that she had sealyact disease. And then after I had Micah, I started just I've always been very cold sensitive, I tire easily. My hair started falling out pretty much after I had kids. But that's very for women, you know, they're like, oh, ever, since I've had kids, I have half the hair I used to have, and then we just accept that as normal. But it's not normal.
Speaker 1: Is that what you attributed all of this too?
Speaker 2: Well after I had Micah, Like my hair got really thick when I was pregnant with Mike, and I was like, oooh, enjoy it now, like take all the pictures because I'm about to be bald, Like I already know how it goes. But three months postpartum, my hair started falling out in the shower like a bad movie, like I'm washing it and it felt like spiders going down the back of my legs, just clumps of hair. And especially when I dyed my hair, like it would just fall out and clumps, which were I know, I am rocking the gray. And I just noticed all of a sudden my hair like I lost probably half my hair in a matter of a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: That's when you knew you had to take action.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is.
Speaker 2: Not gonna work, this is not happening. And then I started noticing on videos that I was puffy in the face, and I thought, like, I just had a baby. I had a baby three months ago, no one. Yeah, I'm puffy in the I'm retaining water, I'm nursing. But it wasn't right like I thought, And then I thought, am I having an allergic reaction? I started throwing away all my eye products.
Speaker 1: Neither one of us really thought much of it, because people were bringing it to our attention and down on the comment section of so many of our videos were like, Wow, how Roe, she just had a kid like come back.
Speaker 2: So it was women that started saying, Hey, your throat looks a little puffy, and that's how my throat looked before I got diagnosed with hypothyroidism or Graves disease or any kind of a thyroid issue. And I had no idea that I actually had hashimotives. So my daughter was like, you know what, let's just do a hash emotives test. You can just buy it online because I asked doctors and they're like, nope, nope, nope. They'll check your T three, they'll check your T four, they will check your TSH.
Speaker 1: What what are those things?
Speaker 2: These are?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: The TSH is what your thyroid? It's I don't like know all the scientific stuff behind it, honestly, Like I know that your body turns T four into T three. T four is your storage thyroid hormone. T three is your active Every.
Speaker 1: Every time I started talking about this, I started thinking of the terminator. Why T three T four, oh, terminator two.
Speaker 2: They can do a lot of damage, like seriously, and so they don't tend to check your antibodies. You're and if you have antibodies, if you have elevated TSH, you have low T four, and you have antibodies present, you have hashimotos. So it's so easy to just check when you're doing a thyroid panel, check the antibodies to see if the people are actually dealing with an autoimmune disease. But doctors won't do it right like and so my mom asked and asked enough. She had to go to three doctors to get one to finally test your antibodies, and sure enough it came back she had all the antibodies pairwered with the high TSH and the low T four.
Speaker 1: So you'd highly recommend these at home test. Kids.
Speaker 2: You can ask your doctor, like, okay, so some of the things that you could be experiencing if you have all kinds of autoimmune disease, and this is men and women is going to be fatigue, mostly weight gain. I experienced weight loss, which is kind of weird, but most people like weight gain. No matter what you eat, no matter how few calories, no matter if you're fasting, you're still gaining weight. You're falling asleep in the middle of the day, you're crashing mid day. We're told these are normal aging things.
Speaker 1: Right, you actually thought this was paramenopause.
Speaker 2: Potentially, I thought that, like, yeah, maybe I'm just going through paramenopause. Maybe this is hormonal shifts.
Speaker 1: And then you got me thinking because you're saying that ten percent of men are also diagnosed or undiagnosed yep, with hash emotives.
Speaker 2: Men are generally undiagnosed with hashimotives, and something that.
Speaker 1: Always attributed to I'm just getting older and so yeah, I'm more fatigued.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so hashi rotos can cause low tea in men, and so they'll say, oh, I just have low tea, But you don't just have low te something caused low tea, and just aging isn't always like that's not always the answer, especially like if you're in your early forties or you're in your late thirties and all of a sudden you notice your testosterone crashing, or you're losing hair, or you're gaining weight in your mid section. Heat intolerance and cold intolerance can be symptoms numbness in your fingers and toes, immune system issues. I'm trying to think of, like some of the other things, let me see, I wrote them down. I wrote a lot of stuff down because I didn't want to forget things. So weight gain, feeling cold and enlarge thyroid like in your throat, if your throat feels puffy and it flares, and then like a little go down. Hoarse voice like if all a sudden you feel like your voice is getting hoarse, or you feel like I had kind of a feeling of being choked, or just it felt like pressure.
Speaker 1: But you didn't really realize that until you began to alleviate, right symptom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, until I was aware of it when it started to go. Yeah, dry skin hair loss is a huge one. Joint and muscle pain if all of a sudden you're having this can be and then brain fog just overall forgetting things, not be able to find your words, things like that. And I think like almost anyone who's older can go I have some of these symptoms. It's worth looking into seeing if you can get an all over anybody test, because there's so many different autoimmune diseases and they're like on the rise. They're two hundred percent higher than they were before nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 2: You have to wonder?
Speaker 1: Right, So we'll get into that as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get into that a little bit as well. But like type one diabetes has doubled since nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I have not tested for this. You do have me curious. So just rattling off so many little symptoms there, it's so easy to be dismissive of these things.
Speaker 2: Maybe I should take the test well, and so many things overlap.
Speaker 1: Well. The reason I bring this up is because I think we as men, like I'm somebody who's very reluctant to go to the doctor. Stupid of me, I realized that, and that's true for many men. But you should do it. You should stay up on top of things. You should know where you're at, and you should know whether or not you're able to alleviate any of the symptoms that you're coping with.
Speaker 2: Now, if you're going to a traditional doctrine, you're saying I want this test and this test and this test. Insurance is going to want to separate all those blood tests are going to be like, Okay, we're gonna do a Celiac test, We're going to do an MS test, which I've done all of these. We're going to do the Hashimoto UH test with the antibodies. We're going to test, you know, all these things. You can go online and there's these great little kits where you collect your prick your finger, you fill in the circles. There's also ones where they do the little micro needle. If you don't want to do the finger prick, which you know it hurts and sometimes you don't blame love and then you can't even do complete your test. So now I've found one that does like vials and it's micro needles and you don't even feel it, and you fill your little vial and you send it in. And there's so many different companies. We've used one called every Well, which is how I do my thyroid panel. I like to test every eight weeks now that I'm doing this diet to see if I'm heading in the right direction wrong direction. So they do one, but they don't do an all over autoimmune test, and there is a company that does it's like a three sixty autoimmune panel and it will check for MS diabetes. I'm trying to think of a rheumatard arthritis, hashimotos you name it. If it's an autoimmune disease, they test for it. Celiac disease, which our daughter has. So it's definitely worth just doing it and seeing if you have any anybodies.
Speaker 1: Or nothing to lose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So I had no idea besides my hair falling out and feeling puffy in the face. And I could have easily said I just had a baby, It's fine. But Navella was like, no, mom, just take the test. And she just happened to have a diory test up in her apartment because with Celiac often comes hashimotos.
Speaker 1: So and with her diagnosis, Neveda is like really really into all this stuff. Now. She broke down the genetic background on it as far as who can be a carrier. Right, parent wise, we think it's mean, what was the reason I.
Speaker 2: Got tested for the gene? So you have to carry the Celiac gene in order to develop Celiac disease, And so they checked me for the gene and the antibodies, and I don't have either.
Speaker 1: So by a cancelation, it's me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by cancelation, it's you. So also the fact that she has Celiac disease gives our other offspring a twenty percent chance of having it because one parent has it and a sibling has it.
Speaker 1: So there you go. And I was completely oblivious to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we didn't know. And it's stuff that you just don't know, like people don't really know that, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So we're going to jump into what it is you've done to beat all of this. But you take the test, you get your results back, you actually go to the doctor. They confirmed this diagnosis.
Speaker 2: If they did their own blood tests because they didn't believe it. My levels were so bad they were like, something's off.
Speaker 1: The immediate remedy was to prescribe you level thyroxine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love a thyroxcene. They put me on seventy five.
Speaker 1: Micrograms.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, seventy five micro Yeah, they put me instantly on seventy five micrograms. And then I had three nodules that were larger that they considered thyroid cysts on my thyroid, and so I had to have those biopsy to make sure that they weren't cancer and make sure.
Speaker 1: That they discover those is all done through ultrasound.
Speaker 2: Yes, they did an alter sound. Well they could just feel them. I can actually still kind of feel this one.
Speaker 1: It's they feel smaller though, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so like the doctor went, oh, yeah, wow, your thyroid is really inflamed. And then he went, I can feel like a nodule over here. I can feel these. So we did an altersound. I had three cysts on my thyroid. He was like, they're pretty large. I want to make sure that you don't have thyroid cancer. So I had to have a needle aspiration.
Speaker 1: And redocumented all that over a good experience.
Speaker 2: That was not a funny to watch.
Speaker 1: It was traumatic.
Speaker 2: It's pretty awful having needles stuck in your throat. It was fifteen needles, Like all you're awake.
Speaker 1: Who to watch it being done on you? It was like it was like a birth type of situation again, like I can't do anything to help you.
Speaker 2: It was pretty terrible. Sorry, yeah, I didn't like it at all. So anyway, that came back that it was just thyroid tissue, and so I thought, okay, I just have like so much inflammation going on. Thankfully I don't have thyroid cancer. Let's get to work fixing this. So the ear nose and throat doctor that did the biops, he told me, you need to double your level. You need to go to one hundred and fifty micrograms. He's like, I started you there and then I would probably end up doubling it again. And I'm like, so basically, you just go on level until it stops working, until your body is like, Okay, that's not enough like it.
Speaker 1: And this is really the crux of White is that we want to focus and discuss this because it's become so commonplace that we get so much feedback on our comment section from primarily other women, again because MENO tests for these types of things. But hey, I've been on level for years, decades, So what is it that you did to move on from the level fi.
Speaker 2: There are films that entertain you, and then there are films that change you. I Was a Stranger is one of those films.
Speaker 1: Inspired by the real experiences of Syrian families displaced by war. This scripping escape thriller begins in Aleppo with a single moment of tragedy and follows five interconnected families across four countries as their lives collide in ways that they never expected.
Speaker 2: This isn't politics, It's people. It's father's mother's chill, ordinary human beings forced into impossible choices, and it asks a quiet, the haunting question, when suffering crosses your path, do you step towards it? Or do you step away?
Speaker 1: With a score of eight point seven on IMDb, in or forty international film festival wins, including the Amnesty International Film Prize at VERLINIL, this is one of Angel's boldest and most critically acclaimed the releases to date. It's raw, it's intimate, and it will stay with you long after the credits.
Speaker 2: Role become an Angel member and stream I was a stranger today by visiting Angel dot com slash nwos.
Speaker 1: So what is it that you did to move on from the level. First of all, we can discuss the results of you taking the level, because they were mostly negative, they were not positive.
Speaker 2: The level with thyroxine is a synthetic form of T four, and because my T four was so low, so originally when I was diagnosed, I had a TSH level of ninety two. You want that to be abouto point five to four point five to be in the normal range. So ninety two was incredibly high. And basically that means that my thyroid is working so hard to try to produce hormone because my immune system is attacking it. So every time it produces thyroid, the immune system goes in there and craps all over it. And then so that's why your TSH goes up and your T four goes down when your antibodies are high. So my T four level was zero point one, zero point one. It should be point eight or one point seven or two to one point seven seven, So you want to be above a point eight, So being point one was like basically non existent, Like I had no T four at that point. And then my antibodies, which you want to be anywhere from zero to thirty four, were at two hundred and thirteen. So that's why the doctor was like two hundred and thirteen. Okay, Now I don't believe this blood test when he took it, it actually increased in that time, in that five day period, it's spiked all the way up to two fifty six more accurate, yeah, or it had just been longer, like I think I was just on such a flare that everything was just getting higher. So he instantly put me on leveo and then the level thyroxine is a t for it doesn't do anything for your antibodies, and it doesn't do anything for the root cause of hashimotos. So I'm not really interested in just treating the symptoms. I wanted to get to what caused my hashimotos, what is the root cause of this? And so when I went and did the aspiration test the biopsy, I said, yeah, I think I'm gonna go gluten free, and the doctor tells me diet does nothing. Eat your cinnamon rolls and take your medicine. That's what he told me. And I was so annoyed. And that was before the biopsy. So not only was I like in pain during the biopsy uncomfortable, I was mad at the doctor.
Speaker 1: When he said that. I glanced over at Melissa, and do you see the age. I knew it was there, which is why I think you glanced over at me. I was like, yeah, We're not in the same page with this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, yeah, you're not my doctor, Like this is never gonna work. So he basically is in the business of just keeping people sick. Because love with thyroxine.
Speaker 1: As oftentimes a case yeah.
Speaker 2: Is now the fifth most popular prescribed medicine in America.
Speaker 1: Really yes.
Speaker 2: So there are millions and millions of people on love with thyroxine and they all still feel like garbage.
Speaker 1: So let's dive into that. Whatever. Some of the downsides to you taking the level.
Speaker 2: So the side effects of love with thyroxine are heart palpitations of racing heart feat. I experienced anxiety, which I think was probably a racing heart. I just didn't physically feel it, but I did feel. I'm an anxious person anyway, like I have contamination OCD and things like that, as you guys know, bacterial OCD, like things like I worry about getting sick. It's just something I have and it's caused from anxiety. And it definitely upped my anxiety, which I do not need because I'm already like and so I did feel more anxious. It does cause depression in a lot of people. I didn't feel depressed because I had just had Micah and I'm like on cloud nine with him right now, but I felt very anxious about everything that was going on with him that could happen to him. I was googling things for all the kids, like I just start Yeah. But it definitely increased my anxiety. It causes insomnia, which is a side effect. It can cause night sweats, which I was experiencing, and I thought maybe it was just a hormone dump. But it was basically like waking up with hot flashes, which is since alleviated. That's completely gone now. I haven't had a single one since going off of Levo. So the most extreme side effect I had was I stopped growing body hair.
Speaker 1: You were losing hair.
Speaker 2: All of the hair on my arms and my legs fell out, like fell out, and then I had like five hairs on my legs, like on the lower portion of my legs, like around my angles, where like it was be the thickest. I guess I had like five hairs, and so I shaved them off and for four weeks they did not grow back. Like nothing. Nobody hair hair like the hair on your.
Speaker 1: Head was was. I was concerned because it was rapid and it was it was a lot of hair.
Speaker 2: It was so much hair. So the thing that really bothered me about having hashimotives was the hair loss. Right because you know, especially in women, but in men too, because you know it shows on men, you lose it in the peninsulas, you lose it in the bat on.
Speaker 1: The way you're talking about.
Speaker 2: It's just you know, hormonal hair loss, male pattern baldness. Well women can't get that too, but women will get all over shedding and where you can see through their hair, and that is it makes you so insecure that you don't even want to go anywhere. You know, like if a woman has thin hair and you can see their scalp, people like, oh, are they sick? What's going on?
Speaker 1: It was really bad is when your hair was wet and so it was kind of chunky. I mean you you could see myself looked crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was insane. So and this was in October. It happened so suddenly I went on the level my hair started falling out twice as much, and then it wasn't growing on my body, so I knew that it wasn't growing on my hat.
Speaker 1: Also, some of you had questions and concerns about whether or not she was going to be passing this along to Micah And if you watch it our most recent Hawaii video, and we went to Maui he's got like the George Coristanza horseshoe going on. We figured out that he was also losing his hair, So not only were you experiencing this very uh like massive drawback and symptom, but he was experiencing it as wells.
Speaker 2: By going on level thyroxine, I poisoning your body. I asked every doctor. I was like, is this safe for nursing? Yes, it's one hundred percent safe. We've done all these tests. There's no effects on baby. Even if you chat gpt it or anything like that. Considered safe for breastfeeding. They actually up your dose if you're pregnant negative because they want to make sure that you're producing fire because you can do not do it.
Speaker 1: Please do not do that, ye speaking from experience. Hair.
Speaker 2: As soon as I started taking the love with thyroxine, Micah's hair started falling out like male pattern bald. No, it's like George kustans At the whole top of his hair went bald. He got the thickest cradle cap like I've ever seen, and we discovered that it was a form of egzema. It wasn't like fungal cradle cap. And then he got ezma throughout his entire body. He developed a almost like a water allergy. Anytime I would put him in the bath, he would start screaming, and then afterwards his body would get these big welts all over it. And then I would put the eggzaa lotion and that would kind of alleviate it. But then the exma would be right back, right back, right back, and.
Speaker 1: Then again the second you stopped with the level, history began the group grow back, and then he was experiencing these same pains.
Speaker 2: Well. I was asking the doctor, I'm like, could the exama be from the level thyroxy? No, absolutely not, It's not from that, I'm like, but it started the week I started taking Levo and his hair started falling out, like I could kind of scratch the top of his head and his hair would come out in chunks. And then I decided after six weeks, I went to blood work after six weeks because they wanted to up my level, so I went in. So this is November eleventh, six weeks on level thyroxine, my TSH had lowered from ninety two to thirty eight, and I thought, okay, that's good. My T four had gone from zero point one to point eight four now considered low and normal. But I was like, so what Because leveo thyroxine is just fake T four. So the blood test was only detecting the level thyroxine. It wasn't my body wasn't producing T four, It was just fake T four that was in there. My antibodies were at one ninety two, so those hadn't improved. So I'm like, okay, wait a minute, So my antibodies are still sky high, and all that's happening is I have a fake T four reading, And because I have a fake T four reading, my TSH is going down. So a lot of people report, Okay, I'm on level thyroxine, My TSH levels are fine, my T three is fine, my t he for is fine, So my blood work is reading normal, but I still feel like garbage. Why And it's because LEVO is never going to get to the root cause of what caused your hashimotoves or your hypothyroidism or your grave disease.
Speaker 1: You're not addressing the disease.
Speaker 2: You're masking it, right, You're putting a band aid on it. And so when I saw the antibody still high, I decided I'm not taking another level thyroxy pill. They were like, you got to wean yourself off it. I was like, no, garbage, I'm not taking it, and I'm not advocating for you to do that, especially if you've been on a long time. I had only been on Leveo for six weeks, but if you've been on it for years. I do think it's important to wean off of it. But your doctor is going to fight you on that. You must have a reason for them, because you can't just go from something your body's depending on.
Speaker 1: Some kind of like withdrawal symptoms.
Speaker 2: I didn't, but I'm sure you would like I think that it's important to wean yourself off of it, like maybe do I don't know. You'd have to research it. I'm not a medical professonal. I'm not going to tell you how to get off I'm not going to tell you to get off your med. That's something you need to discuss with your natural path or your doctor.
Speaker 1: And I'm not going to tell you for sure.
Speaker 2: How to wean off of it. I'm not going to do that. So, but if you are experiencing any of these symptoms, if you're still feeling like garbage, I know that there is something called armor thyroid. It's pig thyroid, and so you can get that through your doctor, so you could ask to switch over to armor. They don't like to use armor because every pig is different and therefore they can't regulate the pills. They're all over the place, like the levels of T four that it's going to be supplying you with is not regulated. So the FDA doesn't like it, insurance doesn't like it, doctors don't like it. But a lot of people report feeling way better on the armor.
Speaker 1: So despite the warning that was provided to us by the doctor that did your biopsy, you opted instead to passue. But a change in your diet. You ain't complete page two? You page two, You ain't complete the gluten free right? What have the been the results here?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I made him massive diet change, massive massive diet change. I have gone gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, soy free, processed food free. I think that's it.
Speaker 1: What's left.
Speaker 2: Air, whole foods, Whole foods are what's left. So a lot of people were like, you should go carnivore. The reason that I didn't go carnivore is because I really enjoy fruits and vegetables, and I do enjoy like a good warm starch, like I can't eat pasta and bread anymore, which was my you know, I am Greek. I like the pastas and the breads and the old buzz you know, like the euros and the spinacle bit uhs and oh all the things. But I cannot have those things anymore. So I still want to have some kind of a warm starch, you know what I mean. Like, so I'll break down my diet. So this might be where you want to grab a pen or a pencil if you want to consider some of these things. You don't have to do all of this. I did all of it because I figured, what's the point. If I'm already not getting the yummy or aviolis, then I might as well make sure that this is working, because if I'm giving up bread and pasta, this has better work. And so that's why I went really strict with my diet. So I went off all gluten. I went off all dairy. That's all dairy products, guys, which is really difficult to do. I thought that I could still maybe have grass fed butter, and I'm realizing that I can't. So that's the new thing I'm giving up. I went off all added sugar, raw honey, or monk fruit or that's pretty much it. Monkfruit I don't like. I think it tastes yucky. But if you can stomach monk fruit, you can have that, which is like a grandul or sugar if you want a bake or something like that. But raw honey is pretty much my only sweeter at this point. That and fruit. Now, I didn't go carnivore your carnivore for the most part, it was I.
Speaker 1: Haven't been doing a great job with that as of late, primarily because Comin and I have been running, and so I feel like I need just more carbohydrates in my life for energy. See. But I've come on here and explained before that the best I've ever felt by farbles when I was doing Carnivore, we had the podcast episode we did with doctor ken Berry. You can refer back to that if you were curious about carnivor. But yeah, for me and my state of being, I had fantastic results.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, I know that that's not sustainable for me because I just enjoy all of those things that I just mentioned, fruits, vegetables, and some warm starches. I know that I don't really love me and I'm allergic to pork. So if you're allergic to park pork, carnivore sucks.
Speaker 1: We just found this out too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did a food sensitivity test because any foods that you're sensitive to are going to cause inflammation in your body. And the whole point of this diet is to reduce your inflammation. And so you also should do a food sensitivity test. You can do that. I did mine through every well also, and I did more extensive one. It breaks down I think like two hundred and sixty foods. I found out that I am absolutely allergic to pork. Like it was like, do not eat pork. So if you can't have the bacon and the ham and the pulled pork and all that in carnivore, forget it for me. Like I just forget it. I'm not doing it. No bueno can do bacon. No bacon for me. So that's that's another fun development.
Speaker 1: As an example, can you tell us what you had for maybe dinner last night and breakfast this morning?
Speaker 2: Okay, So for the only starches that I'm eating are yams, sweet potato, and moderation yam's going to be better, and steel cutoats that is not. They need to be gluten free. So I'm using the Bob's Mill steel cutouts, not old fashion oats because those are higher on the glycimic index. You want steel cut because those are really low on the glycimic index. Because something else that causes inflammation is blood sugar spikes. So you don't want to eat something that's going to spike your blood sugar really really high. And that's just that's going to cause inflammation. It's going to make your hashemotives or whatever autoimmune disease you have, whether it's MS or arthritis or irritable ball syndrome, it's going to make anything like that. It's going to make it worse. And so you definitely want to make sure that you're maintaining a healthy blood sugar. And so a way that you can do that when you have a starch, just to pair it with a protein, but also eat things that are really low on the glassmic index. So instead of eating white rice, I eat brown rice. Now, something you have to keep in mind with brown rice is arsenic because white rice doesn't have the whole around it, the little cat thing. The part that makes it brown, the part that makes it brown rice that is shed off of the white rice. And that's the part that it's going to hold arsenic from its growing conditions and from its soil. So you want to know where your brown rice is coming from. I buy my brown rice from. I don't want to say it wrong because it's super important. I think it's Lundi Lundberg Farms. Okay. Lundberg Farms is a farm in California, and you're welcome. Lundberg Farms not a sponser. I just like the rice. They are a farm in California. They're organic, and they are the only brown rice farm that tests their rice for arsenic. It has way lower arsenic levels then even just your traditional white rice and all brown rice. You do not want to be buying brown rice out of China or anything like that, like cheap brown rice. Don't do it. I know it's tempting. Don't get the organic rice from California that is tested regularly for arsenic. Every single batch is tested, and then you can even make it less arsenic. Buy you put it in the pan and soak it, like if you know you're gonna have brown rice for dinner. Put it in your pan, cover it with filtered water, and let it sit all day, and then drain it and then rinse it. You're good to go. Like then you're in really really good shape. So yams are way lower on the glycemic index, are lower in sugar and your body and higher and fibers, so your body breaks them down slower and they're sweet like it gives you that warm starchy to me, like that works. I can't have bread, but I can have a warm meam. I can't put butter in the warm meam, but I can have it. You can put a little honey, cook it, slow cook it in the oven. All the sugars kind of come out of it delicious.
Speaker 1: What do you have for breakfast this morning?
Speaker 2: This morning, I had steel cut oats and I cooked a banana into it, and then to add protein, because I want to pair my starches with protein, I added some vanilla beef protein powder. It's a very very clean we get our protein. I usually equip vanilla protein and just because it's so clean, so I did a scoop of that to add twenty grams of protein, and then slivered almonds and then just organic cinnamon. It tastes like gouey banana bread, but you get all this protein in it, you don't have to add any sweeteners. Like that's typically my breakfast and I share it with Mica, Like Mica and I both eat that baby food. I eat baby food.
Speaker 1: Now, we are living in unprecedented time, seeing a lot of attacks against Goudie values in the family, So it's more important than ever that we have a plan to help our kids internalize what they believe and own it for themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's why we absolutely love what our friends over Brave Books are doing. We know the team personally and so we truly know where their hearts are. And of course, you guys know that we teamed up with them to create Made to Be Ludo and they were so sweet and they were so charitable in helping us reach our goal for CCC. So they are such an incredible company to support. And you guys, Easter is coming up and they make the perfect basket suffer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Plus, their stories are actually incredible and exciting and they help families teach old soul values like courage, hard work, humility, and faith, all without any harmful hidden agendas.
Speaker 2: Also, every book contains family games and conversation starters that are in the back and that helps everyone connect and talk about topics that really matter today. And since your child is going to receive a new, beautiful book every single month, Brave helps bring back that love of reading together in your home. And did I mention they make a perfect Easter basket.
Speaker 1: Stuffer plus right now. When you join the Brave Book Club, you'll get our book made to be Ludo and a bonus bundle for free, all with the new values based book. Every single month. You'll also get free access Brave plus their parent vetted low stim streaming platform, which you and your child will really enjoy. To sign up, just head over to the Bravebooks dot com LA's GSL. You wouldn't drive a car without insurance or leave your front door unlocked in twenty twenty six, your digital security needs that same level of completeness. You may already have a VPN and a good virus software on your devices, now add that final layer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're online at all, your at risk because there's a gap in your armor. Regardless of virus software, your personal data is still floating around on public databases like government sites, information sites, and even your own social media, but delead me proactively removes your actual identity, which is your name, your home address, your phone numbers, and even your family members from brokers that are selling it.
Speaker 1: We've personally trusted delete me to help keep our personal information offline, and they also happen to be a sponsor of today's episode. Now. When we first sign up for to lead me, they found hundreds of listings with our private data. Thankfully their privacy or experts, we're able to have them removed on our behalf, which saves us so much time and frustration. And the cool thing about delete me is they're always continually scanning the web to make sure that our private data doesn't pop up again.
Speaker 2: So you can't always control whether or not you are the target of one of these data brokers, but you can make it far more difficult this year by taking a proactive approach to securing your personal information like we did with the help of delete me. Just click the link below or go to joindelete me dot com, slash GSL and use our CODEGSL to get twenty percent off all consumer plans. Something else you can do if you don't want to add protein powder, like if you just don't like it. You can just hard boil a couple leggs or have some scrambled eggs with your oat meal. You're really good to go in that department.
Speaker 1: Does this required a lot more effort out of EA as far as preparing.
Speaker 2: Meals, Yeah, because when you're eating zero processed foods, you have to cook everything. So what I try to do so that I don't skip lunch because no one wants to cook in the middle of the day, is every time I make dinner, I make a little bit extra for the next day's lunch, and then I put in my little Pyrex glass container because we don't want to be putting hot foods or anything that you're going to be heating up in plastic. And then I eat it, and then I yell at Jermy for eating it. Literally, Like sometimes I will look over at ten o'clock a night, is I'm going to bed night here clan, and I'm like, what are you eating? And he's like, oh, it's some kind of a yam concoction.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, no, oh, okay, that has gotten better. I did it a couple of times, I got in trouble and then it stopped. I've gotten better.
Speaker 2: It wasn't worth it.
Speaker 1: I seafood and he's sitting there, I'm probably gonna eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially if it's something you can pop in the microwation that looks hardy. He's like, well, I have to eat that at midnight, like he has eaten my lunch so many times. Or I'm like Jeremy if it's like, don't so okay. Very common dinner for me is going to be yambles, I call them. So. I take a yam, I peel it, I dice it up in the little squares, and I cook it with grass bed grass finished organic beef. So it's very very important that your meat and all of your produce, and especially if you're gonna be doing yams and sweet potatoes. These are root vegetables, guys going to pull everything out of the soil. And if you're not buying organic, which literally the price of an organic yam at Safeway was two fifty the price of the regular yam was two thirty four, just buy the organic one, like please, Because any kind of a root vegetable we're talking carrots, beets, and any kind of potato is going to pull every kind of heavy metal arsnic anything that's in that soil, it's going to pull into the food, and so that if they're treating their soil with you know the word.
Speaker 1: Lifeless eate, glyce glase choices, glate, round up.
Speaker 2: I tried for about a half an hour this morning to just say the word round up. Essentially, if they're spraying that on their farms, that's going to they go in, yes, which they are, that's going to go into the soil, and then all your root vegetables is going to pull that into So it's just really important if you're trying to clean up your diet to eat organic. Please, if you can't grow your own, buy organic.
Speaker 1: It's on this diet.
Speaker 2: Since I've been on this diet since I did the biopsy, so it's been almost three months.
Speaker 1: And in monitoring your levels would have been the results.
Speaker 2: Okay, so eight weeks off the level of thyroxine. The last blood test I did was January third, three months on the diet. Eight weeks off the level of thyroxine. This is diet and supplement alone. I'll get into supplements in a second here. So my TSH was the same that it was on the level. It was stuck at thirty eight so it's been thirty eight since I started the level. That is down two thirds from when I was diagnosed, so that's still way too high. I need it to be like a changing, big change. It didn't go up. I expected it to go up going off the level, and it didn't, so that made me happy. My T four is ZO point five now, which is considered low normal, but it's lower than it was on the level. But it was point one when I started. It's now point five. It has gone up five times what it was and it's now in that normal range, so I'm hoping that it continues going up. The only reason it was at one point eighty six when I was on the level is because my blood had level with thyroxine in it and it was detecting the level, So I'm assuming that my natural T four was actually lower than it is now. So now it's only been three months since I've been on the diet, and they do say they say that it takes anywhere from six to nine months to see real improvement, so it's still really early on. But here's the cool part. My TPO antibodies on our last on my last test after three months on the diet are fifty six. They were two hundred on the level. They were two hundred when I was diagnosed, and now they're fifty six.
Speaker 1: It's curzy.
Speaker 2: So I've cut them by seventy five percent, which means I'm getting that inflammation down. So basically, what when the antibodies are high. The antibody spike when it has something to attack, and so it attack your thyroid. But this is why you have to go gluten free, dairy free, corn free. There's a bunch of things. Okay, So the reason that you have to go gluten free, or that I believe you have to go gluten free, because there's a lot of people that say, Nope, there's no evidence. I'm literally looking at the evidence, like I'm the evidence that going on this diet and using these certain supplements that I'm going to tell you about does lower your antibodies. And then I'm going to do another blood test in another month, which will be another eight weeks since my last blood test, and I'm just going to keep doing it, and then I'll keep updating you guys, because if I start going in the wrong direction, I want to let you know in case you're following along or you're trying some of this stuff, and then if I continue going in the right direction, I want to continue to encourage people that are following along or trying this for themselves. So the reason that you can't do gluten is because there is a protein call I don't know if I'm saying this right, but it's cleodin, sure, cleodin, gleodin, I don't know anyway, It's a protein that is in wheat and other gluten products that the molecule literally looks identical to your thyroid hormones. So your body, when you have hashimotos, your immune system will literally like put these little sticky notes essentially on your thyroid hormone. And so every time that it sees something that it thinks is thyroid hormone, it tries to attack it and destroy it, which is really annoying. I hate when like your body turns on itself. Yeah, but it's doing it because there's something that's causing it, right, So that'sought I would like to essentially figure out, is what caused the hashimotives in the first place, or maybe it's just genetic and it's just something that I have. So every time that I eat gluten, and I have gluten proteins floating around. My immune system is like get them and it will way overproduce antibodies. I do. I feel like I type flaify, I get puffy, my throat gets puffy, my voice it's hors horsh horse, and I just feel like joint pain, like I can really feel it now, but I can really feel it, like in my thyroid, I can see it and feel it. I can go ooh, my thyrate's puffy today, like now I know what it's supposed to feel like. And then I can feel if it puffs, and it's really uncomfortable. And so if you eat gluten, your antibodies are going to stay elevated. So it's not like, oh, I'm just gonna take one bite of that cookie. You take a bite of that cookie and then your antibodies are going to spike, and then you're gonna have a flare, And so it's better to just stay off the protein or I mean, stay off the gluten so you don't have that protein floating around, because then your TPO antibodies aren't going to spike.
Speaker 1: What do you mean the stigma associated with going gluten free because so many people out there scuff it and myself included. Yeah, you know, prior to all of this occurring, well, people.
Speaker 2: Say, you know, if you just eat organic wheat, or if you order your wheat from Italy, Italy doesn't have like navig this is all the time. Italy doesn't have celiacs. Actually, Italy does have a lot of celiacs and they regularly test for it because they have better medical than us apparently. And so eating organic or eating all natural, I could grow wheat in the world's most perfect little patch of non contaminated soil, and it's still going to carry this glidion protein, and so we have an autoimmune disease, not a food and tolerance. And so it's different. No matter what wheat we eat, it still carries the protein. It's impossible to not have that protein in the wheat, and eating sour dough does not get rid of it. Nothing does. So the trick is going gluten free because then you eliminate the protein. Now, dairy is very similar. Dairy has it's called is it casin casine? Casine casine in dairy.
Speaker 1: I believe it.
Speaker 2: Casine looks identical to the gluten protein, which looks identical to the thyroid protein. At least it looks similar enough that it mimics it in the body, and so your immune system is going to attack it. So dairy's the same, and that includes all dairy products.
Speaker 1: We have a lactose intolerant person in our family as well, being Cail. So between me and I make my efforts to do carnivore, you guys are your gluten free diet, and now she has to follow this lactose free diet. Our household is a mess, all right.
Speaker 2: Basically the trick is, I mean, whole foods and no dairy, no gluten.
Speaker 1: Don't invite us over for dinner.
Speaker 2: Just forget it. Literally forget it. We're going to bring our own food and we just might as well not come. So dairy's going to be the same thing. It's going to trigger your autoimmune disease. And then dairy is really inflammatory for all people. You don't even have to have autoimmune disease to have dairy flare you up if you have any kind of gut issues.
Speaker 1: I came up in our discussion with doctor Ken Barry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we're not baby cows, is what he says. We're not supposed to eat it, and even cows no better than to eat dairy, Like why are the bowls not trying to m And it's because like they know better, But like human beings are like, you know, just ingesting cow milk, and it causes inflammation in the gut, It causes all kinds of bwel issues. It causes inflammation in your joints and your muscles, and so it's just really not that great for you. It increases acne, especially in teenagers. So anyway, that's why I went dairy free and then corn free, which is hard because the reason I think I flared after Hawaii is because I was trying to eat at restaurants and so like I order fish tacos and they're like, well, we can't do flour tortillas, but we have gluten free corn tortillas, and I thought, sure, I'll try it. So corn and corn products, which you have to be really careful because when you go gluten free, you're going to be tempted to go to the gluten free isle of the grocery store and go, oh my gosh, there's brown easier in corn bread, and there's cookies, there's gluten free oreos there's gluten free cheese uts now that just came out. Those are selling for like thirty dollars a box. Because all the Celiacs are rejoicing. But if you're on, if you have hasheymotos or other autoimmune diseases, then you need to be really careful that you avoid these processed gluten free foods because they're really just a chemical crap storm. Like when you start reading, it's like, yeah, they remove the gluten, but they weigh up the seed oils, they wig up the sugar. This is just highly processed garbage food. Do not eat the gluten free mixes and all of that stuff. It's just really not good for you. And so a lot of it is cornflour, like all of the like if you get like gluten free biscuits, the red lobster gluten free biscuits. I know a lot of Celiacs and people with the hashymotos are like, oh, the cheddar biscuits are so good. Those are made with cornflour, and that is going to flare you in the same way that gluten's going to flare you. So you might as well just have a regular biscuit, but really don't have the biscuits. Pea lectin is another one, so peas, which includes snow peas. So if you're going to be doing a lot of fruits and vegetables, just you can pretty much have any fruit and vegetable except for pea luctance, which is in the pea family. You're talking green peas or soy like you know atamamme or anything like that, Well that's soy. You also don't want to have soy because soy inhibits the thyroid hormone conversion the tea four to T three. So just avoid all soy and then especially soy sauce because that has gluten in it also, so no shoyu. So instead of if you're gonna be doing if you're gonna be going out for sushi or something like that, really watch those sauces. Bring I literally travel with lick of coconut aminos. Coconut aminos taste similar to soy sauce, it's a little sweeter. But if you're going to be making sturf fries or anything like that, you like Asian foods, coconut aminos that's gonna be your jam, So you can do that. Again, no sugar, no sugar. No sugar, No sugar that is going to it's gonna spike your blood sugar, which is going to cause inflammation. And then also it's just poison to the body. Nobody needs it. Everybody should cut sugar from their diet everybody. So raw organic honey you can sweeten with that. Honey can spike your blood sugar. So of course moderation like I don't mean like drink it by the gallon, but if you're going to be like drizzling it on some steel cutouts or over some fruit or you know, you just want something sweet in your tea, that's going to be what you want to do. And honey is an anti viral, it's an anti inflammatory, which is great, and I mean it's even an anti fungal. I don't know why you would have fungus in your body, but like it's honey, isn't an amazing thing that God gave us. So you can always sweet sweeten with that. Seed oils, especially canola oil or something that you definitely want to avoid. That's another thing is when you start buying gluten free products they're salt seed oils, like people will be like, oh, I can have sweet potato chips. Make sure that those are cooked in avocado oil, and that the only ingredients of sweet potato and avocado oil and some sea salt. Oh, and then so the main thing is just no processed food. So for me, carnivore is not something that I can do or want to do for the rest of my life. Some a lot of I know people are gonna get mad. That's very controversial to say, but I don't enjoy meat to the degree that that's the only thing that I'm going to eat for the rest of my life. And I can't have the butter, and I can't have the bacon.
Speaker 1: So it's not controversial. That's personal preference.
Speaker 2: Just personal preference. So for me, I've gone on the whole food's diet. There's only a few whole foods that I can't eat. I don't do a lot of cod codon moderation, even though it's a good white fish, because it's very high in io dyeing, which you have to be careful with with your thyroid. Also a very controversial, controversial thing to say, and I'll get into why. But salmon's really good. Make sure that you are not eating farmery salmon farmery salmon is some of the most contaminated food that you can eat. It is disgusting. They dyet the color that that pretty pink color. The reason and it looks so pretty compared to the wild caught salmon is because they add die to it and it's like so thick, and like everyone's like, oh, look how beautiful it is. It's so bad for you. It's so toxic. It has so many contaminants in it. So make sure that you're doing wild caught seafood only. And then I'm doing all clean seafood. I'm not doing shellfish or anything like that. I'm kind of doing the whole kosher thing. And so salmon and halibit are really good thing. They like, really good proteins to have. And then all grass fed beef. Don't eat corn finished beef for obvious reasons. We're avoiding the corn. And then just grass fed is leaner and better for you. Lamb is amazing grass fed. And then you're gonna want organic chicken. And I like to do dark meat chicken because I'm trying to increase my fat intake because I'm having a really hard time holding weight on the whole food diet. If you have a hard time losing weight, this diet is going to make you lose weight. You literally cannot lose weight. If you switch to all whole foods and you cut out your sugar, your dairy, you're you're going to lose weight. My mom could not lose weight for anything. She was eating barely, I mean like the smallest amount of calories, and then she went on this diet and she dropped twenty pounds. She's like, whoo, So, anyway, this has been it's been really good. So that's kind of basically any fruit, any vegetable, any protein except for avoid the pea.
Speaker 1: So that's a lot of information. Grab a pen and pencil. Yeah, nice about this. And then as far as supplementation goes, you to run over that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna run over the no alcohol is another big thing. Cut the alcohol, replace it with camma meltea. The reason I say camomel is because black tea and green tea have very high fluoride levels in which is something that people don't think about. Fluoride interferes with your thyroid tremendously, and just organic cammameltea has one one hundredth of the fluoride that black tea or green tea has. That's a good thing to have at night instead of wine. That was a hard one. Okay. So for supplements, supplements I want to be really careful on because you don't want to take a supplement that you're not or you don't want to up a supplement that you're not deficient in. So it's very important to find out what are your deficiencies. Go get a deficiency test. You can do them through the mail, or you can do them through your doctor. If you fight to you on them. Do them through the mail, super easy to do. You get results in like a week. So especially iodine now it's very popular because there are popular people online that say high dose iodine for hashimotos. Please please be cautious with this because if you are not iodine deficient, and if you live in America or in a country where they add the iodine to the salt, it is very unlikely that you are iodine deficient. So if you are iodine deficient, that's going to hurt your thyroid. And yes, you need to supplement with iodine. But if you're using iodize salt, if you're just eating a typical American diet. You're probably not iodine deficient. Do an iodine test and make sure. Do not just start taking high dose iodine if you are not deficient, because you will make your Hashimotos significantly worse. Like it can be, it can make it so much worse. So please be very cautious with that. I don't supplement with iodine at all. I get a little bit of iodine through cod and I get a little iodine through salt, and I did an iodine deficiency test and I was actually like almost on the higher range, but still in normal. So I do not want to add that to my diet. Selenium is going to be your best friend if you have Hashimoto's disease. Selenium is going to help your TSH regulate and it's going to protect your thyroid. And so I take all liquid vitamins except for two. So I do this in the liquid form. I go through a company called Global Healing. It's just where I currently found a decent deal. I take two hundred mcgs micrograms a selenium. So what I do is I take a little bit of orange juice, simply orange, because I don't want anything in my orangejuice but orange so I do a little bit of orange juice. I do two hundred mcgs of selenium. It's just a one dropper. And then I take fifteen milligrams of zinc and I also get that through the Global Healing Liquid. And then I do a vitamin D three K two. You want to make sure that you're doing your vitamin D with K two because it helps your body absorb it to have that that fat in there. So I'm using just the AG one and I do six thousand l us. So, yeah, it's six drops of it because each one is a thousand. So I do six drops of vitamin D.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of that unit of measurement.
Speaker 2: I know, kind of weird. And so six thousand. If you look on the back, it'll it'll measure it in thousands. It's usually one drop is a thousand. I do six. And I just did my vitamin D. I was very deficient when I started, and now I'm high end regular, so that actually really worked. And I do a B complex B twelve and B six, very important for hashimotos. So I do one thousand micrograms of the B twelve and ten my milligrams of B six, and so I found it just in a b complex dropper. So those are the four that I add to my orange juice. I stir it up down the hatch, good to go. And I don't have to take a bunch of capsules because I'm not one of those people that can take fifteen capsules and not good stomach ache. So the only capsules I take is one little gel cap I get this through Fixer Brand, and I'll put all this down in the description below. It's black Cooman seed oil. It's very powerful antioxidant for your thyroid and for many other things like black cuman seed is great for pretty much anybody, like any ailment, and it's very popular in Asian medicine. Jeremy, why because you're Asian, I don't know you guys discovered it and then I take instead of taking Levo And because I don't do the armor thyroid and do the pig thyroid, I want to be able to just buy all my supplements and all my medicine and over the counter. I'm actually doing rob bovine thyroid and I take two hundred micrograms of that and I'm getting it through Ancestral for that. So I mean, if you can find one place to get all of it, or you can get your natural path to prescribe the stuff like you could do that you can go just make sure that it's organic, make sure that it's a good But also again I will stress, please make sure that you do a deficiency test so you know where you need to supplement. But the rule of thumb for hashimotos is going to be selenium, zinc, vitamin D, and B twelve and B six. Those are going to be your staples that are going to really help with your thyroid health. And so other than that, the only other thing that I'm doing is red light therapy. I know right it's the only other thing. So I'm doing red light therapy. I haven't decided if red light works or not. If you want to do red light you guys know that I'm on a get healthy mission and that meant going through everything in our home to make sure that what we ate and what we used was as clean as possible. And I realized that some of the biggest offenders were actually my skincare products and my makeup. So once I actually started paying attention, I realized that I was slathering dozens of chemicals on my skin, which is the largest organ of the body, by the way, and so I dumped all of my old skincare and my makeup for tubs and co Now, what I absolutely love about tups, besides the fact that it is so effortless and natural feeling, is the primer and the foundation not only have great coverage, but they actually nourish my skin while I wear them. I hate caky makeup. It feels heavy and greasy and it settles in all my fine lines. But tupes just feel so light and it stays put all day long. So today I am wearing the cream blush and the mascara and the lipstick, and I love their makeup so much that I just ordered the eye palette and the concealer and I cannot wait to try them. Now, my absolute favorite product that I use every night on my face and my neck and especially around my eyes in my mouth area is the Franknson's Face Bomb. It's very natural and hydrating, and the frankincense is a very clean and powerful alternative to traditional retinal, which I absolutely love. So if you're like me and you want to clean up your health and everything that you are putting on your skin without giving up quality. Definitely, go check out tubes and Co. In fact, you will get twenty five percent off your first order by going to toopsinco dot com sash old soul and remember to use my code old soul for twenty five percent off your first order. If you want to do red light, I like red light because it's warm and it's just like my little ritual I do at night. He walks in and I look super freaky because I'm laying the red and lime all lit up for it.
Speaker 1: So the reason I'm laughing to myself, Yeah, he's fixturing. I walk in to the bedroom later then and she's just glowing in the corner.
Speaker 2: Yes, So don't go and buy a red light treatment off Amazon because there's so many Chinese fakes out there and they're literally just using red led lights and then jacking up the price and people are like, I'm doing red light like on the mass and everything that you buy on Amazon. So many of them are fake. Of course, Yes, So I actually I have two. I have one through Nova Lab and that's FDA registered. And you want to make sure that the wavelength of the red light is six thirty to six sixty and that's near infrared lights. And then I also have a thyroid one from doctor Weston Child's. It's just more of a hands free one. I feel like I look extra freaky with that one on. It's like a c callar and a like. I just feels so weird with it on that I usually tend to use just the floppy pad one that I got it from Nova Labs. It warms up, so I just lay there and watch my podcast at night after I get Miket asleep, and I put it on my neck for twenty minutes, five days a week.
Speaker 1: Well, the best is when you're putting it over the top of your head.
Speaker 2: I still yes. And then I treat my hair because I had so much hair loss, and I read and read and read that red light helps growing your hair back, so I stop dyeing my hair. I switched to using just like an all natural what is it called, like a bar shampoo and conditioner, and I have one that's almost like blueberries. It's awesome. I love it. And then I do red light every night on my head for twenty minutes. So I have the Noble Light Pad. I put it on my neck for twenty minutes and then I just flop it on my head. Now I know they sell cats, cats and helmets and all kinds of stuff. They're like a thousand bucks. This thing was like two hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: There's nothing hotter than walking in on your wife.
Speaker 2: It's better than a ball.
Speaker 1: She's glowing.
Speaker 2: I'm literally glowing.
Speaker 1: With this little bonnet of red light.
Speaker 2: So I just take it and I set it on my head for twenty minutes. And I've been doing this now for ninety days. And my hair growth is insane, insane, So like I've had a lot of people be like, you need to get control of your flyways. I can't because it literally looks like somebody came in with scissors and cut half of my hair to two inches long. So anywhere I part my hair, I have like this mohawk of two inch hair, And especially like in the Peninsula areas, like I am growing all this weird little two inch hair all over my head. So now I went from having a very wide part a couple weeks ago, like my part was widening in. It was freaking me out.
Speaker 1: You get a butt crack on the top of your head, it was bad.
Speaker 2: And now it all filled in. Like my mom was like, oh, my gosh, your part's normal again. I'm like, yes, I like when I part my hair to the side, it's just like this two inch like.
Speaker 1: So to try and encourage me to use it because I'm balding as well.
Speaker 2: Well, Jeremy keeps growing his hair longer and longer and longer.
Speaker 1: To try this has been quite the endeavor. Not only do you have all this red light, you have that stupid electron comb.
Speaker 2: And really I haven't gotten into that. I tried it like three times. It like literally shocked me.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Now I'm scared. So just red light. It's warm, it's relaxing. If you're watching TV at night, you do you twenty minutes on your neck, you flop that sucker on your head, you do twenty minutes. I don't know if it works or not. It could be the diet, it could be the supplements. It could be that I just got my inflammation down, or it could be the red light working. The problem is I'm doing so many things said, I don't know what's working and what's not, but I know that it's working. So maybe in time I stopped doing red light and I see if I you know, maybe that's not even what's doing it. I'll probably do this diet for the rest of my life. I'm just going to stick to organic, whole food, so that's good for it, feel good on it. I used to always have acne from the time that I went through puberty to three months ago, so it was a bit and I always had hormonal breaks out saw my chin and my jawline. Especially as I started getting older. I thought like, oh, this is perimenopause. What's going on. I was getting like a lot of like hormonal breakouts. All of that's gone. It's just been it's just been good. Like I feel good. I feel like my skin is glowier, it's way more moisturized. I used to have like really dried elbows and heels and that's all gone away. And so I don't know, I feel good. I just think, you know, even if it doesn't. I was told if by three doctors that I'm never going to go into remission and then I can't cure this, that I have to be on medicine for the rest of my life, and I just decided that I didn't want that to be my story. And if there's any way to go into remission and heal this, I'm going to find it. So this is a journey. I'm clearly not in remission because my antibodies are still fifty six, but they're down by seventy five percent. It's only been three months. So I'm going to test again in a month, and then I'm going to test again eight weeks later, and then I'm going to keep doing this and I'm going to keep adjusting and if I can figure it out, I want to make sure that I share it because literally hundreds of you guys wrote me and said, I've been on level for years and I still feel like garbage. What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, a lot of people have taken notice of how good you've been looking and feeling, and a lot of people are very accepting on the fact that, hey, I'll just have to be on this medication for the rest of my life, but know that there is an alternative means of trying to address this, and regardless of whether or not you're actually you know, put your hush modils in a remission. It's a great diet. Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 2: Like the one doctor that actually listens and does like the blood tests, the one guy in town. Actually he was like I was describing the diet to him, and he goes that literally sounds like the world's best diet. Yeah, He's like, so, I mean you can if you want a little bit of something sweet, you can have ninety percent. Or I won't eat anything that's under eighty eight percent cacao chocolate, like dark dark chocolate with like a little bit of dried fruit and not sugar added, dried fruit, just you know, just mango, only dried fruit. I love like a couple chunks of dried mango at night, A little bit of chocolate, my cammelt. I'm a happy camper. So, and you feel good, and nothing tastes better than feeling good. Feels And when you have children or you have grandchildren, you want to be present for them. You want to be alive and well for them. And so we want to do everything we can. And is this fool proof?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Is Have I found one hundred percent success in this yet? No?
Speaker 1: But you thought improvement.
Speaker 2: I found improvement. I feel better, and so I want to share it. And I know that it's not going to hurt you. Going on a whole food, non process, no sugar, no gluten, no dairy diet is not going to hurt you, it's only going to help you. So even if you have no autoimmune issues at all, this diet's going to make you feel really good. And so I'm really encouraging people to try it. And then even Kaimani's like, you haven't, And like tonight he was like, I just want to have a really clean dinner, mom, can like, can we just do? So we're doing organic bison that's grass fed, yams and probably some girled zucchini and like a big salad and he was just like, yeah, I'm going to eat that. Like So I love seeing that our kids are are wanting to eat clean too. Because he noticed I told him just go off sugar and dairy for like a couple of weeks, and because he's really insecure about acne, right, and then he's like, oh my gosh, mom my skin and his skin is clearing up significantly.
Speaker 1: But it has a massive impact on your health and with all with all your healthy nothing yep.
Speaker 2: And then we went to white started eating like garbage again and his face flared up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all feel like crap when you eat like crap. I mean, it's true for all of us. So a lot of really good information you want to stick as much of that as you can on the description of this episode.
Speaker 2: I'm goodness, it's going to be a really long description. So if you took notes or you can watch this over again and try to catch some stuff. You don't have to do it all, and you don't have to do it all at once. It can be a transition. But you know, like if you're giving up some of your favorite things, you want to make sure it works. So I say, go for it, give it a try, give it ninety days and see if you like it. I think you're going to notice weight loss, You're going to notice your brain fog going away. You're going to notice your joints feeling better, and you're just going to you're going to sleep better. You're just going to feel better. So make sure you're drinking lots of water. And I think that's it. That's that's it. But I'll keep you guys updated. I'm going to do another blood test in a month and I'll let you know where everything's headed because I want this to be a journey that I'm on with you guys, so that we can I'll help one another.
Speaker 1: There you go, Like I said, a lot of really good information. Hopefully somebody out there finds that useful. I'd realize that this is a very niche thing, but with floating this idea out there for all of you, so may you got back to us with like, yeah, I'm really curious about what Melissa's doing. She looks great. Clearly she's feeling great. So again, I hope that somebody out there finds this all very beneficial. We will be back in here next week. Correct. Until then, you guys, take care, God blessed, We love you, thanks for being here. We'll see you next week.