Speaker 1: Life Audio.
Speaker 2: Hey there, this is Marissa strit I am the CEO of Preger You, and you are about to listen to a special edition of fireside Chat with Dennis Praguer. Those of us here at preger You are continuing to do the very important work that we've been doing with him for over ten years. We are educating millions of young people online, we have state partnerships to bring our content into schools, and so much more. You can head over to peger you dot com to see the progress that we've been making. Also, I'd love to invite you to support our mission by donating to our five ZHO one C three. It is a nonprofit. Your tax deductible donation will go to an institution of higher learning that actually shares your values. So enjoy your podcast and thank you so much for all your support.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, Welcome to my home. I'm Dennis Prager, and as I always remind you, this is my real home, my real fire, my real dog, and I'm really me. This is the fireside chat I have with you every week, and it's completely unrehearsed, not scripted, spontaneous. I take your questions. I offer you some thoughts on very rare occasions, and you can count them truly on the fingers of one hand. I have had guests, and they have to be pretty special. I have had Abraham, Lincoln, Aristotle, Moses. I mean, it's a very special crowd. And now, Adam Carolla, how do you feel being in the company of Lincoln, Aristotle and the like.
Speaker 4: I don't think I'm at the top of that list. I'm certainly in the middle, right, And well, I don't want to bring up who I'm in the middle of, because many of them, especially Aristotle, as family members.
Speaker 1: Not nice, still very thoughtful of you.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's going to embarrass him, so you should like close your ears. I think the world of this man. He is a very special human being on every level, and extremely bright. But that's not enough. There are a lot of bright people, but he has. He has a conscience and a mind that go with his brightness. He's unbelievably funny, his very fertile mind. We are really blessed to have each other in each other's lives, which is, of course a sort of self aggrandizing statement on my part.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming he thinks that, but I'll risk it.
Speaker 3: We really do, We really do feel that we were blessed to to somehow come together, and we have actually made a movie together which will be out this fall, No Safe Spaces, and I know you will love it. It already won an award at one festival that it was at. It's really about it's a movie, not just a documentary. It's about freedom in America. Any thoughts on it. I'm excited for its release.
Speaker 4: You know, it's been a long process and it's been shot over a number of I guess years now, and you know, it's It's funny because when we initially we're having discussions about it, you could it was in the air, but it wasn't in your face.
Speaker 1: You know, the.
Speaker 4: Speech, campus speech, free speech, hate speech, you know, all this kind of stuff. It was like these were notions that were sort of floating around. But now they're really they're really congealing, and so I think the timing is going to be perfect for the film. Unfortunately, unfortunately, yeah, that might be. By the way, I did not mention that. And this this is verified by the Guinness Book of Records. He is the is the most widely listened to a podcast outside of Communist China. I just have to assume that you know, some official spoke but of the government may have more downloads in China than you do outside of China, so only on that basis.
Speaker 1: But they have to listen to me. People who listen to you do so voluntarily. That's right. You no longer force people to listen to you, now, I wish I could.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been doing a podcast for over ten years now, daily podcast, So it's really been quite quite a while. I got out of terrestrial radio in about two thousand and eleven, sorry, two thousand and nine, and then I immediately just started up with podcasts.
Speaker 1: And it's really worked. What is it, Adam Carolla dot com Adam Carola dot com.
Speaker 3: Well, it's absolutely worth people's visiting you. I'm very honored by the fact you listened to my radio show and I'm very touched by that. And you were mentioning to me it is amazing to you to hear people call in differ with me, which is fine, and that's why I take their calls. But when there is a complete absence of logic, For example, you gave the example, well, Dennis, why are you complaining about Praeger? You being placed on the restricted list by Google, Hey, they do that to the young Turks. And then I would say, well, yes, but the young Turks use profanity, right, It's not an ideological issue with young Turks. It's a profanity issue with us. There's no profanity, right.
Speaker 4: And then they go back and say, but they're on the no fly zone as well. You know, they they essentially make their point a second time, which wasn't a point the first time. But there's also something I've noticed as well listening, which is folks on the right who call in and who on occasion take umbrage or disagree with something you said, something to do with the Bible. Sometimes, you know, they try to they want to correct you give them, give you their.
Speaker 1: Version of it.
Speaker 4: The folks that are right leaning, if you say, all right, well let me explain that, they stop. The folks that are left leaning just bulldoze every time, and you go, excuse me, you can talk, Just let me answer.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, you can talk, and they just bulldoze. They fill a us and you.
Speaker 4: You're saying, I'm going to hang up on you if you don't let me answer this question. You know, you're not allowed to ask three questions in a row. I get to answer your first question. The folks on the right, they're still arguing with you. They're capable of stopping and listening to what your rebuttal is to their assertion.
Speaker 1: The folks on the left just plow right.
Speaker 4: Through to the point where I don't know if they don't hear what you're saying, or I don't know.
Speaker 1: If they don't want to hear what they're gonna say.
Speaker 3: They don't, You're right, I think they don't and they don't want to hear it. Look, you know I would have any I hear. I publicly announced I would have any New York Times columnists on my show, but they won't come on. And you know I treat people respectfully, but they won't come on. I would go there, but they don't. As I often say, they don't hear us. They don't study under us, they don't watch us, they don't see our movies, they don't nothing they We see their movies, we watch them on television, we hear them on podcasts or radio. We studied under them in school, but there is no equivalent on their side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was watching Bill Maher saying to Adam Shift super naively, like I wish you'd just go on that Sean Hannity show and settle that guy's hash right, And Adam Shift went, I've been invited quite a few times, and Bill was going, well, good, then just go and straight him out. And Adam Schiff was in this really bad position.
Speaker 1: Is that interesting? It was sort of from the mouth of Bills or the mouth of babes.
Speaker 4: Bill was like, you got invited to go on Sean Hannity and you didn't go, Why not just go and make a fool out of him? Adam Shift is thinking, no, I don't want to go because I don't want to I don't want to get beat in the argument. That's correct, obviously if you were talking prize fighters before we went on. But if you think you can win the fight, you get in the ring. That's right if you're a prize fighter, if that's your profession, and essentially, if your profession is to argue with people or to give your opinion or to do what Adam Shift does. If you think you're going to make short work of this guy, then you can't get on the show fast enough. If you think you're gonna get bullied and bloodied and maybe not get out of there.
Speaker 1: With a win.
Speaker 4: Then you don't now. What Bill Maher was saying was is I don't get it. Why are you taking him up on us?
Speaker 3: All you'll explained why you said he was naive? Well, Bill Moore was naive. Well, but Bill Maher was saying, was we here on the left, we talk in a circle to each other. What we need is to go onto the other side of the aisle and explain to them what we're doing, what our points are.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So his naivete was Adam shifp go ahead, but I bet you Hannity wouldn't invite you on. When he found out Hannity had invited him multiple times, then he went from naive to confused, which is, well, why don't you go on there? The answer is he's scared, of course, and he's not gonna win the fight.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Let me announce one one in another way. I will happily go on any MSNBC show that would like to invite me, but it won't happen. And there's a good reason it won't happen. You see, here is a fact, not an opinion. On the right, we are reason based. On the left, they are emotion based. It's as simple as that that's why they How do you feel? How do you feel? How do you feel about it? How do you feel about it? Oh? When biological men are running against girls in girls' races in high schools in Connecticut, Oh, that's totally fair because they consider themselves women.
Speaker 1: Right. Well, Look, obviously, if you.
Speaker 4: Say I felt threatened, or I know what I know, or in my heart of hearts, it's really hard to argue that away. Who are you to say to someone No, you didn't feel threatened. Who are you to say to someone in my heart of hearts? Now, if you want to pull out a spreadsheet and give me a ballpoint pen, we can probably find out where your math was incorrect.
Speaker 1: But if you felt threatened, there's that.
Speaker 3: Well ironic, because the name of our movie is no safe Spaces. Safe Spaces is exactly where kids who think they're threatened if a conservative speaker comes to college.
Speaker 1: But but.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter that you feel threatened, there's something wrong with you if you feel threatened by a conservative speaker. I don't feel threatened by a left wing speaker. Why do you feel threatened by a right wing speaker?
Speaker 1: What is so different about it? Like? What I don't understand is I hate world music. It bothers me. I feel like it's a cop out.
Speaker 4: It's like reggae with more people, and I just don't like it. So if I was attending a college and they were going to have a world music festival, right, I would simply not leave my dorm that day, or.
Speaker 1: I would go to the park and study.
Speaker 4: But I wouldn't really feel threatened, and I wouldn't try to shut down the concert. I would just announce that I will not be attending because I don't agree and don't enjoy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: But but the analogy isn't isn't entirely perfect because they should go anyway. Your thing is an aesthetic dislike. There's no reason to force yourself. I wouldn't go to a rap concert. I just don't enjoy rap.
Speaker 4: Fine, but that's such a good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's part. I might think you're in the band. That's such a good point.
Speaker 4: That's someone inevitably well, that's what microfi. That is why I wouldn't go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. You'd be forced. It wouldn't be right, and I would show them up. It's just it's not right. Right they should go.
Speaker 4: I've heard world music I don't enjoy it, but maybe you should go here with Ben Shapiro has to say that's right.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: And I always tell people make a trade you your kid doesn't you know, want to listen to you, or what doesn't want to to me, or anyone like us. Make a trade you'll listen to twice as much of their favorites.
Speaker 4: Well, I believe you have to have a certain insecurity with your ideas if you don't want them tested. If you have a very strong sense in relationship.
Speaker 1: With your ideas or whatever that is.
Speaker 4: If you're doing a math equation and you've done it all out in long form, you'll happily hand it to somebody. If you feel confident, you'll hand it to a professor and go scrutinize away.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: I feel I know I've gotten all my numbers in line. If you're feeling a little iffy, then you sort of put your arm around and you go get don't don't look at what I'm doing. I don't want it scrutinized. I think I think there's a notion of we have these feelings, we have these ideas, they don't don't really hold up to scrutiny, But As long as we can get enough people together who think or like minded, we'll never have to offer them up to scrutiny. And there's something that feels insecure, because I think when you feel very comfortable with information, the things you know, the things I know, I have a I have an expertise in building.
Speaker 1: If anybody ever.
Speaker 4: Says, oh, I I'm a world class builder. I know everything about building, I go come over here and tell me all about it, right, and let's see what you know.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you what I know.
Speaker 3: I don't go, oh, someone's found found right, and it's probably part of you. Maybe he's got a better idea. Yes, that that's what I react. Oh, you differ with me. You may be right, right, I'm totally open to that.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, you should be because it makes you a better builder.
Speaker 1: That's the point, right, that's right. By the way, talking to Adam Carolla. For those of you, I don't know, there's no such thing as just touting in that. Are there people who clicking on the middle? Okay? If so, it's.
Speaker 3: Adam Carolla, whose podcast is well worth your time.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: What I do is take questions. The second half of my half hour time with people. So I'd like you to respond to some if you feel comfortable. Okay, so this is a fun part. I love this actually because you never know who's going to ask from anywhere in the world. All right, read nineteen New York Prager Force Adam.
Speaker 1: This is for Adam.
Speaker 3: Have you performed on a college campus recently? Why have comedians turned away from college campuses in recent years?
Speaker 1: Well, I think for obvious reasons. No.
Speaker 4: I used to perform in the late nineties and early two thousands quite off, and I literally toured with Doctor Drew and played big venues and did it frequently hundreds of colleges. There is obviously for obvious reasons.
Speaker 1: Uh, whatever you say about.
Speaker 4: Comedians, you know, this guy's bold, and he's a risk tech. He's a risk taker and a truth teller. Nobody likes that feeling of being up on stage and saying something and feeling the audience seeing sort of the air come out of the room a little bit. I do remember once when Doctor Drew and I were playing Syracuse many years ago, and somebody asked a question about getting into broadcasting, and Drew said, it's not worth it to go to school.
Speaker 1: It's not worth it. To take classes. It's not worth it to study you in turn at a radio station. That's what I did, That's what Adam did.
Speaker 4: That's how you get and you're talking to entire communications television and radio, and I could feel it. You could feel it come out because everyone they're paying thousands of dollars to do what Drew said will never work and was worthless. The degree is worthless, and they're all there trying to earn that degree, and you can feel it.
Speaker 1: Oh God, and Drew is right. Drew is right. But it was still uncomfortable. No.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is is when you're up on stage and you start into a joke and you can feel the people lean back and kind of go uh oh, it's not a good feeling. And there's nothing that makes you say, oh, I want to come back. I mean the thing about comedians, they'll say all the time, Carolines or the laugh Factory or the comedy store, the improv or the comedy seller. It has a certain vibe that this is what the odd you know. It's it's almost like it's like it's like an old bar something it has an allure to it, or a crowd or a vibe or.
Speaker 1: Something like that.
Speaker 4: College campuses would be the opposite of all the stuff that comedians like. It'd be sterile and angry. You know, they wouldn't understand you.
Speaker 3: You put in my mind just now what has happened, and that is at a college campus. Kids are sitting there and they what they're thinking is do I have permission.
Speaker 1: To laugh at that joke? Yes?
Speaker 3: Has the left granted me permission? Or is it offending anybody?
Speaker 1: Right? You know?
Speaker 3: I did my last Happiness Hour on one of the hours of my broadcast week since nineteen ninety nine is on happiness, and it was about people who were easily offended, and it wasn't political.
Speaker 1: I had nothing to do with politics.
Speaker 3: And it is a guaranteur of not being happy in life if you are easily offended.
Speaker 1: You know my favorite story, right, Yeah, this was just a subject from me. Yes, it was the last Yeah, the last the last week. Yes, why would you.
Speaker 4: It'd be like willing brittle bone disease on yourself? Why would you want that?
Speaker 1: Why would you run a paris? Why would you want that?
Speaker 3: Ted Cruz opened up his setate session. I should say I started speaking, this is the US Senate and I didn't turn the bike on it, He goes, mister Prager. You know, for someone in radio as long as you you, one would have thought you would have known to turn the microphone on. So not only was I not offended, I thought that was it's a hilarious moment. And I said, that's exactly right. Your point is extremely well taken. One would think I would have known to turn the button pod. But I could imagine people who would have been mortified at being humiliated.
Speaker 1: But you're not humiliated, that's the point.
Speaker 4: Well, you're not humiliated, And well, no, here's here's what you are. You are embarrassed to some degree because you screwed the pooch a little bit. Right, You were instructed turn your mic on. I wasn't instructed. No, So in fact, you did tell you to do No, they did not tell me. But well then that's on them.
Speaker 3: You're right. But I wasn't going to say that. I might say, Senator, I just want to say nobody told me to do It.
Speaker 1: Would not look good, right.
Speaker 3: Well, I looked a lot better going point well taken.
Speaker 4: But I think so here's what I think, and I have I have a bunch of thoughts on this.
Speaker 1: It's okay to be embarrassed.
Speaker 4: And we've all misspoke, misschild, missed, whatever, I missed everything. That doesn't mean you were humiliated, that's right. That just means you made a mistake, and everyone makes mistakes and you can move on. Now if somebody points out your mistake, it still doesn't mean you're humilion.
Speaker 1: That's right. It's it's a part of life.
Speaker 4: Also, there's a new thing going on where we've lost sight of the meaning of things and we're simply focusing on certain buzzwords that mayend. And so when so when you know, two years ago, when Matt Damon says, look, uh, let's not confuse Al Franken for Harvey Weinstein?
Speaker 1: What what Al Franken did not? And everyone when what are you talking about? Shut up there, you don't know that.
Speaker 4: That's well, that's a completely accurate state. Just because you heard the name Weinstein and you heard Franken and you heard let's not mistake.
Speaker 1: What he did with that.
Speaker 4: Just because there was this stew of words, it doesn't mean it's goulash.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Look, the perfect example is there is the recent thing with Baltimore, and you you have the president says, you know, there are rats in rodents in Baltimore. And I played on my show the Mayor of Baltimore, black female mayor of Baltimore last year on television saying, you know, I've got a lot of rats here. He didn't say people were rats, he said the rodent called rats. Unfortunately, there were too many of them in Baltimore. That's either true or not true, but it isn't racist. It's either true or false.
Speaker 4: Well, here's what I've I wrote a book called in fifty Years wellby Chicks, and it happened fast. And I'll tell you there's a kind of a thinking which is, if you it's a little more feminine than masculine. But more men are thinking in a feminine way, and that's what's causing a lot of this.
Speaker 1: If you.
Speaker 4: Talk to a woman who has, let's say, a bad relationship with her stepdad and they have a hit history, and basically that's what Trump is. He's everyone's bad stepdad, and or he's half the country's bad stepdad.
Speaker 1: And if you if that stepdad says to.
Speaker 4: The daughter, Uh, Hey, we're gonna go out to uh dinner tonight, and I hope you're hungry, because the portions are big at this place. She walks into the next room and said, he called me fat. That's right, because that's what she heard through her process. Now you're sitting in the room, that's not what you heard because you don't have her wiring, and you don't you're not reacting and you're not being triggered, and you don't have the history. So you simply just hear the tweet or hear the statement, or hear what it was. Everyone else is reacting, like the stepdaughter who has the bad relationship, and they're hearing that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it also sells newspapers bright.
Speaker 3: But the task of life is to rise above that, is to hear what is actually said, not what my heart hears. That's cold growing up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's your task, and that's your way. That's the transition from adolescence, from childhood to adulthood. We've interrupted that progression, and we're now living in this sort of circling the air adolescent airport well into our sixties. And the thing that cracks me up the most is when I hear these seventy year old guys on MSNBC saying this kind of stuff in hysterical right terms.
Speaker 1: Weren't you supposed to grow up by now?
Speaker 4: Or maybe you were grown up when you're fifty two, but now you're sliding back in adolescence.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I will say this to tell you a quick story, to put a cap on that in terms of when people just hear words and react.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: So I was sitting at a table at Pebble Beach I go to do my car race every year, and I was sitting at a table at one of these sort of swanky outdoor fares.
Speaker 1: It was in between the car race.
Speaker 4: And the thing, and it was a bunch of gentry type, just five white people eating grapes and caviar. And they were and the one guy, you know, I was wearing loafers with no socks, and their orange swayed and they got buckles on them and this, and he said, you know, he said like, well, I had the Dusenberg dropped top for a while, but.
Speaker 1: I sold that.
Speaker 4: And the other guy said I had the Maserati fifty three hundred whatever.
Speaker 1: And at a certain point the.
Speaker 4: Guy was talking about caviar and dues and bergs and stuff, and I leaned in and I said, you know.
Speaker 1: What we're talking about? On what we're doing here.
Speaker 4: I think this is what black America thinks White America does.
Speaker 1: All day and talk about their burg.
Speaker 4: And the woman went, oh, no, no, no, no, don't don't go there, don't go there.
Speaker 1: And I said, no, no, I'm making a joke. You know.
Speaker 4: Okay, we've heard enough, we've we've heard enough. And I said no, no, no, you're hilarious making a joke. Okay, Okay, that's enough. That's enough of that. And so she was triggered another word.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 4: I made a joke about a race, even though we were the doesn't matter joke, and she kept jumping in, going and I was saying, no, no, I'm making it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's enough.
Speaker 3: That's where we're at. That's a perfect story. That's where we're at now. Good by the way, he just for the record, he does have caviare at every meal, and uh, why don't you?
Speaker 1: Did you bring your Dusenberg over to night?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm having to have it because I opened it up and caviar just came spilling.
Speaker 1: Is that what happened? Staying in the Connolly leather hides that.
Speaker 3: Which reminds me his background, which is a feature of our film. Did you know what caviar was growing up? If somebody would have said, hey, I would you like some caviar? Adam, I knew you.
Speaker 4: Could use fish eggs for fishing, like as bait, but I.
Speaker 1: Could eat and that they pull a lot of money. No, No, look we didn't. The Sizzler was a big deal. I say.
Speaker 3: We part of the charm of all of this, Adam, does this really well? Is if you would have thrown darts at a dart board, of the three hundred million Americans, of the two most opposite upbringings, we would probably have been the two darts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, we always have We say we have common sense and that right exactly, there's a fly that's buzzing around my head.
Speaker 1: But also we have that a little to it.
Speaker 4: But I will say this, I think our parents didn't dote on us, that's correct, and they sort of left us a.
Speaker 3: Less correct and we got to compliment by the decade, right yeah, right, So I mean that I really believe I was complimented twice in my first twenty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah I might. Yeah, I remember too.
Speaker 4: One is Dennis is really doing well in his musical studies. My parents actually complimented you. I didn't even know who you were at the point, so there was no context at all. So uh, no compliments and not a lot of encouragement.
Speaker 3: Thus there's a certain and a fair number of insults. Yes, yeah, my father had a statement about me. It resonates in my brain. He thought I was the laziest human being that was outside of a hospital, and it was if what was it? He would look at me and go, you know, if you could sit? No, Dennis's motto is if I could sit, why stand? If I could stand, why walk? If I could walk, why run? And he forgot if I could lie down? Why sit? That was always absent. Now I remember him saying that it was not nice. I wasn't crushed, but I certainly didn't grow up thinking I was the essence of the world. My parents did not take the self esteem course for their children. I watch parents today. I mean, this is we could do a routine on this. Maybe the next time we do a show together. I see parents going, wow, you really really made a great poop.
Speaker 4: And I'm the kids twenty six point. It really crosses boundaries. But I do know, I do remember.
Speaker 3: That exactly what is our time frame? And the kid is twenty six at home. That was perfect. That was perfect. I don't think you should spend your time insulting your kids. That is not my point at all. However, those of us who grew up in a somewhat tougher I don't mean, I don't mean abused, but a somewhat tougher environment I think did better in terms of happiness in life than those who were constantly told how terrific they are by their parents. That's that's my theory. I mean, there are two examples that are sitting here.
Speaker 4: Well, why would you want that grafted onto you? Isn't it impossible to graft that onto somebody? I mean, you have to discover your worth and the world will quickly tell you that's your worth. It'll tell you if people want to listen to your podcast, it'll it'll When I was a carpenter, my work was all referral people. I would do a job, and then I would go back to the same house and do another job.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't matter what anyone said.
Speaker 4: It was does the person want you to come back and do more of what you already did?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's light. Life will judge me. That is exactly right.
Speaker 4: By the way, when you're not going to get a second date. When you go out on a first date and the woman has no intention of going out on the second date, she will talk more positively. I believe about the first date. So go that was fantastic. Next week is not good. But that was a fantastic rate. You're a fantastic individual. You should be proud of. I love your frames right, and I can't wait again. March not a good month for me, but this was a fantastic outing. People do that, it's not going to get you the second date. As a matter of fact, people tend to do that when you have a bad job. When you have a bad job. If you say to somebody what everyone at home, try this next time you're at a cocktail party and somebody says, and what do you do for a living? You say, I work at a sewage treatment facility. They'll go, oh, that sounds interesting. There must be a strong union or perks or something. They'll overcompensate other words, yes. Or you can say to someone I'm a brain surgeon and they'll go, well, that's this good. Huh, that's good. I'm gonna go I'm gonna get more gaspacho. You want more gaspacho like but you if.
Speaker 1: You tell them you're garbage man, they'll go fresh air.
Speaker 4: You get to write outside the truck. It's a noble profession. You'll find some connection. My I had a neighbor when I uh when oh Man, back when when we were in uh monominally Wisconsin, had a neighbor.
Speaker 1: It was a garbage man, great guy. Exactly right.
Speaker 3: It's very it's falt that they are totally astute. The point that we're both making is and I we haven't rehearsed this, but I I know for me, and I'm certain I'm certain for you that everything that as a result of our upbringings, everything that everything good that happened, is a source of incredible gratitude on our part. I know I've worked and you have worked very hard to get where we are. But we also believe, and we're right how the good fortune we've had in life. So we walk around grateful. The kid who's given everything, told how terrific they are, has had to or nothing is deprived of the happiness that you and I derive on a daily basis.
Speaker 4: Yes, also it's confusing to us because nobody I don't say nobody did anything, but things were not done for us. Yes, so it is very surprising to us that when things are done, how ingratitude that they have.
Speaker 1: That's confusing to us.
Speaker 4: You think, my god, this person did so much for you and is so generous with you and took time to whatever. How can your attitude possibly be this way toward this person or this entity that did so much for you.
Speaker 3: When you grow up with get your own coffee and then your wife actually brings you coffee, you think that she is an angel.
Speaker 1: Right, and it's almost a little confusing. That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: And beginning you do tend to ward it off. Your wife will say, can I bring you some coffee? You go, no, no, no, no, no, no, I'll just I got it. I'm gonna go in the kitchen anyway. I'll just get myself up. It's it's it's it's a.
Speaker 1: Little alien and disconcerting. It correct. You don't know how to process. It's right. So there you go. I I always.
Speaker 3: Hate the ending any of our time together. Adam Crole and I have this movie No Safe Spaces. You will love it. Uh, It's we're very proud of it and it'll be in theaters across the country. Adam, this was a total joy. I to put you in the middle there with Aristotle and Lincoln. Thank you, But I won't say which way because I don't want to hurt their feelings.
Speaker 1: Yes, well he married Jackie on Nassis.
Speaker 3: Right, Aristotle on Nassas did, Yes, I was thinking of Aristotles.
Speaker 4: He's a shipping guy, the Greek. All right, everybody's a great man. Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that you've made that association. CNX. It's bizarre, but I'll take it. Tomorrow On Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager.
Speaker 3: It is time for you to set the agenda. You absolutely set the agenda. Whatever you want, anything, you know when I tell you that you want to know my shoe size? You want to know what my favorite pipe tobacco is? Do you want to know the meaning of life? Do you want to know the essence of efforvescences? It's whether it's its contestants, anything, anything, anything.
Speaker 1: Is open for this hour.
Speaker 3: One eighth Prager seven seven six, one eighth p R A g e R seven seven six. I'm Dennis Prager. Join us tomorrow to hear more on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Visit dennispragger dot com for thousands of hours of Dennis's lectures, courses in classic radio programs, and.
Speaker 1: To purchase Dennis Prager's Rational Bibles. We want to take just a second to thank the team at Life Audio for their partnership with us on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Go to lifeaudio dot com to find dozens of other faith centered podcasts and their network, including shows about prayer, Bible study, parenting, and more.