Speaker 1: Today's show sponsored by Lear Capital, the precious metals leader since nineteen ninety seven and only company I trust and recommend to my family, friends and viewers. Visit Lear Alex dot com.
Speaker 2: He's editor in chief of Breitbart News and a New York Times best selling author, and on this podcast he brings deep research, prescient analysis at.
Speaker 3: World class guests.
Speaker 2: He's Alex Marlow and this is the Alex Marlow Show.
Speaker 1: Emma Joe Morris is here for her weekly visit with us. We had a lot to talk to you, Am about. Let's start with the I think the biggest thing that's jermaine to our corner of the media ecosystem, which is these revelations that the Southern Poverty Law Center was sending money to the far right, but not really far right, just sort of rage bait racists, and that they may have even been astroturfing some of the most famous events of deep racial unrest and hatred the Democrats have weaponized over the last several years in this country, and they've laid the predicate for some major Democrat campaigns, including Joe Biden's. We're talking about the Charlottesfield Unite the Right rally there's so much in this and again I want to be clear with the audience, it's a chicken and egg scenario.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 1: Exactly if the SPLC just paid informants after the fact, or if they paid them too specifically gin up and animate the rallies, but we know what we expect it to be, and we certainly can read between the lines with the language that's coming out of the Trump administration that suggests that they believe pretty clearly the SPLC was astroturfing racial unrest and actually paying for the racial violence that we saw, which is very rare in this country overall, they were actually paying for it to occur.
Speaker 3: And it's just a monumental moment.
Speaker 1: We can't say enough about it, But give me your first of all, your overall take on it.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, well my overall take on it is. I know that I'm supposed to be like outraged and shocked, but you know, a leftist group making up racism in order to accumulate power and money, Like wow, how do like this is like the oldest and only kind of trick they have and it's just like another time that they did it. Like I know that there's been a lot of outrage on the right, and you know, fairly so. But you know, like I was just I was thinking about it this morning, and I'm like trying to like summon like rage and then like I'm you know, getting ready to come to my office, and I'm like, so can we agree that there were fine people on both sides.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting to me about this with the your your point is that this does just confirm what we all knew was happening. And but hopefully I think it does open up some people's eyes to people who thought we were nuts for saying this, because this has been my experience over my entire career since I started at Bright part when I was in my early twenties, is that I'll believe something, I'll see it crystal clear, and then people will think that I'm crazy for having that thought. Like you could say that we'll talk about immigration later in the show, but you know, as someone who lived in La and saw LA deteriorate because of illegal immigration, and to see that the place became less it became more lawless, and that the school systems became less usable and the hospitals are more overrun, and for me to just say, yeah, that seems like a bad thing overall in general, and then people say you must be a racist for you to say that. And then ten years later I was like, oh, yeah, that was a good point. Yeah, that definitely was ruining the healthcare in the school system, Like, yes, of course it was. We weren't saying this to be crazy. And this whole thing with these astroturfed left wing agitation that we say the Soros funds of the protests, and we believe that a lot of the violence is astroturfed. And you see these footages from Charlottesville with the bed bathroom beyond tiki torch, and they look so stage and fake and gay. And then we just accepted it sort of, but I didn't totally.
Speaker 3: And then now we can look back at it, we can reappraise it. Yeah, well definitely, and listen, I mean I just maybe I'm like especially cynical about this because this is like kind of I feel like I work in this space where my work exists because of the aftermath of this, which exists all over the philanthropy industrial complex, which is kind of what I call it. And surely you've reported on it at Brightbart where this is exactly the play whether it be like you know, the Human Rights Campaign is another group that comes to mind that has a very similar playbook on the left, the institutional left, where they make up a problem and then they convince everybody that it's real and then they charge an exorbitant fee to solve it, and in doing that they rip apart the social fabric of the country. The HRC obviously in their case it's with regard to gay rights, and it's it's an extremely lucrative and extremely evil business. And I see this as basically the way that the modern life kind of stays institutional and stays wealthy. And I just see right through it immediately. So I saw this a SPLC thing, and I was like, yeah, like, obviously that's what they do. And obviously money goes to perpetuating the exact problem they claim to solve. You can't solve the problem because then what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: So this is Yeah, it's an interesting thing that I always thought about this with. I wonder how some of my friends, the pro life movement we're doing after ROV way got overturned. You know, when you build your whole business around well, we got to overturn roe v way that if you do that, I wonder how the donor dollars turned out. And I hope people still don't into those causes because there's still so many abortions in this country. But overall, I always had that thought that it's interesting, like that's say, what do you do from that?
Speaker 3: What's you use at the top of the h that's it? Did you make up? You have to make up a new outrage? And it's so funny because I happened to have hung out with the Klan a year ago, and I find that it's funny to keep your eyes open when something happens to you in real life and try to compare it to what you thought based on like the propaganda you consume. And it was totally different. The audience may think I'm joking, but I'm not. It had to be in Arkansas, in Northwest Arkansas for work last summer, and while I was there, I ended up in clan Town somehow with John Levigne, of all people, and they assumed that we were married, which is a common assumption about me and John Levine that we get all the time. Uh, And so we just went with that and didn't reveal that we were like cosmopolitan, like gay Jews.
Speaker 1: So interaction has been on the show. Who's at the Washington Free Beacon now?
Speaker 3: So so, but tell me I was right to say I was in the middle of HQ and I wasn't seeing some sort of robust movement.
Speaker 1: So I did not have a lot of interaction with the Klan in my life, believe it or not. Despite the fact that our website Right Party has been referred to as like a safe space for neo Nazis, I actually don't have a lot of acquaintances growing up in West LA and living in Washington, d C. And you know, living in the Los Angeles suburb, not a lot of clan rallies around where I've ever lived. So, Emma phill Us in what's the clan like? Are they like the guys at the Unite the Right rally?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So, you know, I don't want to like, I don't want to be accused of doing clan apologetics on the show, but I didn't feel super threatened by them. Granted, I will obviously caveat that by saying that I look like, you know, if you don't ask me anything about what I'm about, which they didn't, then you know I could if you're incurious, you would never know that you hate me. So that was my experience. It was like very normal, except that they were proudly showing me a bomb manual and a swastika like magazine. Yeah. Yeah, I just ended up in a shop in I think it's called Harrisburg, Arkansas or Harristown or whatever. And I'd been not just driving and I and we stopped at the antique store and this woman was manning the store. She was an older lady, and she certainly wasn't menacing. She certainly was proud of obvious white terrorism. But that said, she wasn't being provocative, and she certainly didn't look like the photos and videos that we were shown. She certainly wasn't looking to make any sort of political point. She was it seemed like just sharing something that she felt passionately about. If I'm being totally honest and fair about my interaction with her, she wasn't. She wasn't like put like forward in a way. She seemed to not register how outrageous her political beliefs are. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just what it's interesting to me is that we have always thought of at least a bright part that if the Klan was a real threat. They would have reached out at some point, like we would have had a conversation with them, and we would have said that, hey, you know, you're not welcome in our corner of the internet, but it's thanks for putting your hand up so we at least know you're not entirely fake.
Speaker 3: But now you get the SBOC thing. It took me physically. Have you ever even encountered them? Like that's a thing. Nothing. I couldn't name a Klansman other than David Duke. I get that.
Speaker 1: That's the hope I've been saying this, like I can't name a Klansman and that's the whole They don't have won who because you know, the media would have found that Klansman and made them a superstar. They would have done given the whole Nick Wents treatment. And it just reminds you, this is a whole thing. This shows you that with all of these people on the right, who are you know? And I'm not sure exactly what Nick went as his alchemy is specifically because he's a charismatic guy even though he's a racist, but he's if he was just like thought of as a stand up comedian I think people would understand him a lot better.
Speaker 3: But he says a lot of hateful stuff. I'm not trying to dismiss that.
Speaker 1: But overall, there's all these far rid voices that have clearly been amplified, and I think now we're understanding how they got amplify. They got amplified by the SBLC or people like the SPLC. And this is why the investigations need to continue, because now we learned the mechanism.
Speaker 3: The mechanism is the SBLC is the ones.
Speaker 1: That burned down their own house and then they're the ones who run the insurance company and say, hey, I need my million dollars because my house got burned down.
Speaker 3: That's what they do.
Speaker 1: We learn that, So now we always suspected it, now we know it from the government. We also know that Joe Biden canceled this investigation even though that Joe Biden said his entire predicate for running for president Charlottesville Unite the Right rally, and Kamala here has kept echoing it. You were observed enough to catch this clip for us. I'm gonna play this. This is from a debate between Kamala and Trump.
Speaker 4: Let's remember Charlottesville, where there was a mob of people carrying tiki torches spewing anti Semitic hate. And what did the president then at the time say, there were fine people on each side.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry, but she went to Harlem to hang out with Al Sharpton. If you want to talk about spewing anti Semitic hate. I'm old enough to not have been there, but still remember the Crown Heights riots. She is just I mean, aside from the fact that they obviously knew what the SBOC was ju which was why the investigation was shut down in the administration, stop it. She is so toxic. She's so toxic. Somebody who is sitting and eating with Al Sharpton has no right to say a word, let alone somebody who's presiding over burying the investigation what she knows is going on with Charlottesville exactly. And it's interesting how the.
Speaker 1: Bullet we dodged that these people who lied, of course to find people hosts, which we documented bright part dozens and dozens of times. It's in both of my first two books going through how inaccurate that was. Donald Trump never said they were find people on both sides. I cannot take more time from the audience to explain this, but he did not say that. He said he condemned the neo Nazis totally. And yet the SPOC has been relied upon by the tech establishment, by the media establishment as a justification for censoring or other ring or censoring or limiting the reach and the signal of normative conservative actors in the space.
Speaker 3: And we're not.
Speaker 1: Calling any of those people out yet. We haven't even got our mind around it yet. That's why I'm hoping we're in the early stages of this new cycle. Well, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: That is really the bow on this whole thing, is that the SPLC Center, which is the SPLC which is literally just a fraud. It's you know, the way that the Doha framed it is perfectly correct, I think, is that they were taking people's money then pay the groups that they explicitly said they were taking the money to fight, and in doing that they created this huge industry. They're they're involved with not only tech companies and being recruited by tech companies to dictate the censorship that included obviously victimizing Breitbart probably at the top of the list, but you know, think about all the corporations, all the think tanks, all of the paper that they generated, the official paper that led our policy, both social policy and actual policy on what counts as acceptable speech. It's like, this is a travesty and it goes very deep. This isn't just like Scavving done us for a couple of million dollars or whatever the way. I don't want to downplay that, but there's there's this reaches very far, and it reaches very far, by the way into corporate America.
Speaker 1: It does reach into corporate America, and I think that one thing to point out is how corporate America supported the SPLC. But I noted this on the live show already, Emma. But the poverty part the CEO is making for half a million dollars, and I guarantee she's wetting her beak in other ways too. But it's like, come on, no poverty going on here. It's the so okay so insurrection Barbie, which is one of the counts on X Everything app which you flagged this one for US. Georgie and Lamal Clooney publish public donations to SPLC a million dollars. Tim Apple, from a formerly known as Tim Cook a million dollars. JP Morgan Chase half a million dollars and also a million at least another yeah, another million of the ADL for them too. We could go into them MGM resorts and million dollars.
Speaker 3: They went from.
Speaker 1: Sixty five million donations to one hundred and thirty after Charlottesville. I think the number is actually understated. I think you went like fifty to two hundred and thirty because I played this exact graphic.
Speaker 3: That's the whole thing is.
Speaker 1: So they probably it appears funded the Unite the Right rally, Kamala Harris and Joe Biden run on it, and then they two and a half x their donations and get them from the biggest corporation of the planet because they purport to be defending the country for a hoax they created.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly. Let and never mind the the non monetary kind of partnerships like you know, being recruited by social media companies to define what counts is acceptable to say, or what counts as acceptable to boost, or what counts is you know, acceptable to see. Let alone the you know, the partnerships with all these different organizations that help create the paperwork for hr companies across this country for HR departments across the country, a different companies like the Advocacy. The policy Advocacy is actually to me scarier than the amount of money that they were collecting off of this scam. They were creating the balands of what's acceptable in behavior and speech. That's right. It was a massive Overton window mover.
Speaker 1: And what I'm sad to say about this emma is that you can make the case in a lot of ways that they that they won that because Biden was able to win in twenty twenty and they were able to create I think, really move our expectations, particularly the Democrat side, for a truth in I've long.
Speaker 3: Said truth is not a left wing value.
Speaker 1: I got this from my directly, from my mentor Dennis Praeger in this regard, and I think it's been true every step of the way. But the amount of lying and deceit they're willing to tolerate in order to further their political gains just when to overdrive during Trump and it just this is all the evidence you need to know that you can't take left wing sources seriously. And I feel like the fact that every major corporation and another insurrection barbietweet that you flagged tying just every major corporation you can think of to the SPLC in some ways where they didn't cut them off when there were so many. It was so complicated at Breitbart when they were canceling us for no reason in twenty sixteen, what sort of.
Speaker 3: Years ago. Yeah, and we talk about the advertising book.
Speaker 1: We talked about all the d banking, which goes on to this day of conservatives, Conservatives constantly in fear of having parts of their digital life just removed from them whole cloth because of their viewpoints. And then the SPLC just working with all these major corporations while they were trying to frame an entire movement to commit an insurrection and to rigging election essentially.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's, by the way, the debankler, I mean, I'm glad that's another one. The SBLC was going and having contracts with the federal government. The de banking story is about the federal government, by the way, and the overreach and hostage taking that they do of banks. When they say that this person is a threat, who tells them what a threat is? This is? I feel, well, that's it. It's this is like so this goes so deep. This is like such a crazy this is actually a crazy bombshell story. It's a whale. And I hope that Cash, I hope that Cash just follows it to the end, because there's so much to pull at here that you could, like really just really take a lot of flesh.
Speaker 1: We got the initial splash of confirming what we all believed to be true, but now we need more detail. We need to hammer this home, and we need to figure out who is behind them, who knew what and when at the extent to which the infiltration took place. And also there's gonna be other groups like the SPOC you did the same stuff.
Speaker 3: And I think all of that about to me ratifying the result of this. Ye Paul is pro with with guardrails, especially with regards to the government and government contractors for that matter, which include most of corporate America.
Speaker 1: Absolutely right, And you know, you always got to be aware of fake news. We thought we went through this era of fake news era and then people just rejected it. You know, this wasn't on our rundown today, But I'm just going to spring it on you that you saw this hop blode Maga influencer with a great rack turns out to be completely fake, totally AI run by a guy in India. Yeah, run by a guy in India. The let's see, so.
Speaker 3: This is among us in maga world online. Isn't an Indian guy? Yeah, with an AI account?
Speaker 1: So some guy named Sam who is a he's working on he's an orthopedic surgeon in training in India, told Wired he created an AI generated image of a young woman named Emily Hart and.
Speaker 3: She looks fantastic. It's just a fantastic AI.
Speaker 1: Image and she says really based as expression goes things on social media, and Maga World fell for it, and I just I don't see a lot of the hallmarks of AI. It looked pretty. It's pretty sophisticated. But I'm just warning you guys. You got a buyerbleware on the SAI stuff. But she was pro Christian, pro Second Amendment, pro life, anti abortion, anti woke, anti immigration, and she is racked up ten thousand followers a month.
Speaker 3: Is dupe in all of us. The perfect influencer doesn't exist. That's great. I mean, you know, I tend to think that these things will just end up becoming like this is gonna just fry well First of all, it's going to fry the brains of boomers in ways that we never thought possible. And I know every time I say something about the boomers, I get in trouble and I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I don't need to be offensive. But it's just a difference and generational thing where there's an extremely again lucrative sect in making up like extremely cliche conservative talking points and accounts and then duping people who don't have the uh the eye. Can I say that that don't have the eye to spot things that are like clearly like a scam and stealing their data, money, engagement, whatever it is. This is the next iteration probably of that that you've seen, you know, taking over Facebook. And it's sad, but.
Speaker 1: It's sad, but you know, I'm hopeful about it because this is the sort of thing that what if you were someone who got sucked in, What if you're like a big Emily Hart fan, you realize it was a twenty two year old Indian guy, and like, maybe you'll be so repulse with yourself you'll go outside and go, you know, go for a jog or go rucking or something. It's a or go take a pickleball or go get some sunshine everywhere?
Speaker 3: So like maybe this would be last draw.
Speaker 1: Like I looked at myself in the mirror and I realized I'm the problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah this is you thought call centers were bad, Just wait till they get American flag bikinis.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow these apparently this fake creation had a only fans also, So I mean, and then you could just ton it. I mean, everyone's getting to be ten ten millionaire over there, right, That's what I learned.
Speaker 3: Why bothering being a doctor? That sounds like a lot of school for real less money. Yeah, why is he even training? Still?
Speaker 1: He's got it down. Just just do it again. I'm sure it'll work again. So all right, I want to do a hard pivot here. I want to talk about immigration with you the I want to get a sense of where we're at on the immigration agenda here because the Rationalson had a report out a poll that seventy percent of Republicans say deport all illegal immigrants. So what that means to me, Emma is thirty percent are not sure that we should deport all illegal immigrants. Means that some illegal immigrants.
Speaker 3: Should be here.
Speaker 1: I just don't know what that's about and it feels like the same way I've been saying, woke is not dead, Woke might even be making a comeback. It seems like we're getting some currency with the dignid Dot Act, which we've gone on and discussed on the show. There seems to be a renewed belief that we can get some sort of an amnesty done. The New York Times is just had a big article which I think we both came to independently, that suggesting that the basically glorifying being an illegal alien and celebrating these people from Honduras who came here illegally to have a baby that would be an American and thus make them Americans. And the New York Timess wrote this very positive way. I want everyone to get a sense of this article. So let me all throughout the name. She made sure her baby was more an American than federal agents separated them. So it's the federal agency the bad guys, not the illegal alien who broke into our country to have an anchor baby. It feels like we're backtracking here media wise, Emma, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I mean I think that the Rassmussen poll and the New York Times article are probably pretty you know, the rass muse in pol tells you how many people the New York Times article affected who are relevant to this conversation, i e. Trump space, which is probably like thirty percent. I think for thirty percent that is missing from that group is like the people who have sympathy for stories like this, where it's like, twenty eight year old girl comes here, don't pay attention to the fact that she was just deported for being in a car with a bunch of cocaine in the glove box, comes here to have a baby, just wants opportunity for the baby and doesn't really count as a criminal because we feel bad for her, and then gets arrested for being a criminal, even though we don't think she should be one, but she is one, and we all should feel bad about it. You know. That's obviously they're going for that thirty percent demo of Republicans and maybe trying to peel off a few more percent of people who will feel bad for this woman because she was taken care of, taken away from her baby, which is certainly obviously the probably most difficult thing that a human being can go through. One of them at least being separated from a newborn as a mother. But that said, obviously in their guest for effort to glaze this person, they don't like pay much attention to how awful she is and irresponsible she is, because yes, that's right, it's unbearable to imagine being separated from your newborn. How could how could you like break the law and involve your baby in your crime? Like what did you think was going to happen? So you know, the article brought me to the exact opposite place, which was first of all, not sympathizing with this woman, that's for sure, because I don't sympathize with people who abuse babies, but second of all, really shining a light on how our policies just attract the scum of the earth. This woman is the scum of the earth. Doing that to a baby that's not one week old is so horrifying, Like that baby is the one who has to go and lay in a cold bascinet in a hospital alone, waiting for somebody to pick them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is quite quite the contrast to where I felt like we were going as a country, especially when you think about an affordability issue that we have. I'm trying to get with him with so many Americans here, the disconnect here that I'm trying to understand We're heading into a whole new era because of AI comes up so often now on the show that Americans are deeply insecure that we're heading towards an AI jobs apocalypse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, go on, Yeah, And so.
Speaker 1: Why are we renewing our desire to import a under class of foreigners to come into this country to further drive down wages of Americans when everyone is concerned that AI is going to cost more jobs and adds And that's where my money is. My money's on that. I'm not saying that AI might not be a net plus in the long run. I think it probably won't, but I remain optimistic. But overall, we know that it just doesn't stand a reason that we're going to have a glut of jobs with a disrupt the job market obviously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so that was Yeah, that was definitely something that really stuck out to me as like a background kind of thought too, is like, Wow, we're coming into a huge disruption in the job market in the next ten years, and like this is not helping bringing in hordes of people and giving them all kinds of loopholes to become, you know, able to work in this country. Isn't helping. The second thing that really said to me in the article, and I highly recommend everybody in the audience go read it. Please go read it, because it is so perfect. It's so perfect, and it really helps I think describe. I love first person reporting. I love reporting that has, like, you know, one character, a subject that you're following, and that subject really paints a picture of a broader story. And this is so good at that. And that one thing that this displays, too is how little they regard the value of US citizenship in terms of its symbolic value. You see that where the parents or the parents end up getting Basically, these people come in for the express purpose of having an anchor baby. They've already been deported, and the reason they've been deported is because they've been here illegally, and also they got caught with cocaine, so they get deported to Honduras, which by the way, they're not even actually from. They were in Honduras chilling there and then came to the US from there and as the third place that they ended up. But so anyway, they're in the safe country of Honduras for them, and they are like, okay, she's like about to pop, let's go back to the US. And they get it obviously, you know, they violated a deportation order because they're here now again. And so she gets taken away from the baby. But the whole time, like the whole thing with her boyfriend keeps saying it's just important to get that piece of paper. And so she gets separated from the kid. The grandmother comes and picks her up. It's like the baby is like having some sort of health is she she has her milk coming in. She's having a crisis. Everyone's having a crisis because they've got separated obviously. And then at the end they get the porter back to Honduras and the kid pops up in Honduras with them, and the last like line of it is the boyfriend being like, well, you know, all word that could we got that piece of paper. It's like, okay, you are despicable. And also that's all this is a piece of paper. Nothing else matters. Nothing about the country matters, Living in the country doesn't matter, Caring about the country doesn't matter. Yeah, yeah, Anya, it doesn't matter. This is just a source of extraction for you to get that piece of paper. You mentioned something there in passing.
Speaker 1: But it was such a big deal is that the they got also got deported for drug possession. And it's one of these things where they the New York Times goes out of their way to make it this seem that it might not have been their drugs, might've been like their odds drugs, and it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't a lot of drugs in the car.
Speaker 1: It's like exactly, And it's just one of these things where I don't know, I've been for cars drugs.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was a car, Yeah, exactly, it was the car's drugs. It was exactly.
Speaker 1: It's it's one of these things where I've been on the road for twenty four years now and I've never been pulled over and had the car search and they found drugs in my car.
Speaker 3: So it's like I've been able to avoid it.
Speaker 1: And so I just I don't have a ton of sympathy if you're here illegally and you weren't able to make sure that Hey, by the way, Auntie, if I'm gonna or tia, is that a tia? If I'm gonna drive your car. Please don't leave your your snow in the glove box while I'm driving, because I don't want to get deported if I get pulled over.
Speaker 3: So wise Man once said, they're not sending their best sending that No. Listen, I'm not going to cast an aspersion on every single whatever. These particular people to me are scum. I use that word, and I don't take it back. You know you're You're just so. There's nobody, nobody in the story matters to them.
Speaker 1: Unbelievably, they don't care about Americans, and I I just am hoping that Americans will see this. But here's the point, and you've been commenting on this a little bit on past shows, is that it's not just that we're have too many immigrants relative to native born, which is which is clearly true.
Speaker 3: It's a the It's just a fact. And not say I'm anti immigrant.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that the balance is off if we want to have a common culture at all, if we believe American values. It's a why we should only be importing people if they are going to adapt American values. American values are very easy to say, e plurpersentam in God, we trust liberty, the First Amendment, second Amendment. If you can do that stuff and you know it, and you're ready to do it, and you're ready to contribute and not drain on the system. To add to the system, there should be a certain level of immigrants. I'm not saying there should be no immigrants, but overall, there was no standard like that as far as I can tell. And we are doing our best to intentionally import the third world, not first world. We're not getting a bunch of people who you know, have been had their nose down in books, in the hollowed institutions in Europe and in Asia, and we're bringing them in and they're gonna stay and they're gonna contribute. No, we're importing third worlders. That's the desire. What is this impulse that we're doing this? Yeah, No, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: And this reminds me of this series of articles that came out, like opinion articles that came out like a couple of weeks ago, and they were going kind of viral online. One of them was from the Washington Post that started it by Shahdi Hamid, who is apparently like a pretty well known columnist there. I don't know him, but he wrote this hall and that caught fire called Muslims shouldn't have to assimilate to belong where He basically, like strangely kind of says something to the effect of, you know, Muslims fit in fine, like they're totally homophobic, just like the right. It was a very strange take, but anyway, you know, he was trying to say that they, you know, there shouldn't be some sort of bending yourself out of shape to come to the United States and prove that you belong here. You should be able to be who you are in a plural in a society that embraces pluralism. And then there was another guy from unheard. I can try to see if I can find it. There was another guy from unheard who wrote, like a pretty interesting response. Who doesn't seem to be who doesn't seem to be from the right, That doesn't that isn't the impression he gives. And I think he's Muslim as well. And he wrote a response that was so true, saying kind of like I'll split, I'll meet you halfway in that perhaps there is and some sort of like strict cultural rule that one must have to abide by, especially if they have a religion that isn't the majority religion. However, there is a responsibility to be on your best behavior as a representative of a minority. And I thought that that was a really interesting concept, and that is a concept that's present in Judaism too, very strongly. I actually even touched on it once talking about Josh Shapiro humiliating himself in the name of Judaism. Yeah, to a democratic primary where it's there's something so unclassy about in the name of your group acting in a way that is untoward or just rude or imposing in any way, And that is I think like probably the correct take if we have to live in a multicultural society, which I think that at this point is the realistic position we're in. It's like, you know, we're not Quebec, which I hope that we talk about the California stuff next, but you know, where I come from, there are certain things that are not negotiable. We don't have freedom of speech. So for instance, you have to learn the official language, and it's extremely tongue in cheek goage to not know French, but we don't have that here. So you know, in that case, then we have to find some way of mutual respect. And it can't be that I come here, get to drive around with cocaine, flout every single law I can find in my path, and then get a sob story in the New York Times that you're also to sympathize with me about that. It ain't it.
Speaker 1: This is what's interesting to me is that the one of Americas, I think some of our edge is that we have had this strong set of values that are unique. You can't think of another country that has both freedom of speech and the Second Amendment is their key values of many one that we do acknowledge our multiculturalism right off the bat, but we're supposed to all work towards the same goals.
Speaker 3: The one it's at the end of the phrase one, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: You think that people are running the leering centers and the fake hospices in California, Like do we think there are many? One know they're trying to builk the rest of us, and so that should be a mortal sin to all of us. We should regard that as horrific, and yet yet we don't, and then we're seeing increased Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sorry, go ahead, that's such a deep point, you know. Sorry, But the leering centers and the anchor baby thing, it's all the same thing. It's it's not out of many one, it's many come to undermine the one. That is what they all are. It's undermining the collective cohesion of our society and the culture of our society.
Speaker 1: We don't do that, yere exactly, That's what And this actually goes for cultural currency on the left, like that's the whole thing. The SPLC undermines the cultural cohesion. That's what they do professionally, that's what they do. This for sure, we all could observe it, but now we know for fact, with data and with the investigation has taking place. This is a Congressman, Tom Swosey, who I think is a New York congressman, and I want to play this clip of him. This is a mainstream it seems like a sis hetero and he's a white Democrat. Check out this language here.
Speaker 5: He's surrounded by some of his advisors that seemed to be just everything's about, you know, a Christian nation. You know, I'm a Catholic. I'm proud to be a Catholic. But you know, this is not this is not a Christian nation. Certainly there have been a lot of Christians involved in the in the nation's history, but we're found that a lot of people came to America, they escaped from England and other places because of religious persecution, and that's why the country was always set up without a national religion or a national religious requirement. That's not to say there was an influence by Christians, but there was an influence by by by Jews. There was an influence even by Thomas Jefferson talked about the Quran.
Speaker 1: What what's he getting at here? That's the main point. That's the main point I'm trying to get at. It is not that the there isn't a out it's a kernel of truth to because of course there is. We don't have a declared religion. We're not going to have a state sponsored religion. I would love it if Christians, Jews, and Muslims all can work harmoniously towards that goal of many one in this country. That's part of our founding principles. But just going out of your way. What I resent about this is going out of our way to act as though the founders their framers and not wouldn't have liked to have seen us have a Bible based, God based society. It feels like this has been going on for the last several decades. Are we getting happier? Are we getting more productive? Are we getting more cohesive? Is the national debt getting paid down? Are we winning all the wars that we're entering? How are things going for us? Are we hooked on pills? Are we hooked on our phones? Are we have mental disease?
Speaker 3: More or less?
Speaker 1: It seems like the more we've touted this stuff, the worst things have got for America.
Speaker 3: And yet they're still in on it. Oh yeah, one hundred percent, And it's such a fake. The left always loves to use the slogan of separation of church and state. Is like as if they have new respect for, you know, the founding principles. But they love that one to performatively say to conservatives who want to see more God in public life, and that is not at all. They reverse the meaning of that phrase. The reason that we decided on the separation of church and state was so that the state would not impinge on the churches operations, not the other way around. It was to allow flourishing of the church in public life and it not be restricted by the government. It wasn't to make sure that the government stays as secular as possible. And you can't have any crosses anywhere. And by the way, there are certain states now that are installing prayer rooms in public schools. So I don't know if you remember that. We were told, you know, scolded for wanting to have crosses in schools in Christian areas, which, by the way, New York's third congressional trict is one where Suzi is the congressman. But we were scolded for wanting to have crosses in schools. We were scolded for wanting to have the Ten Commandments in schools. No, like, that's too like scary, it's too like religious. We don't have a religion. Oh but as it turns out, actually, if Islam is the majority religion in your neighborhood, then you can do the prayer room. So ha ha like it's just you know. The thing about this that I find so disingenuous and obnoxious is that this is only applied to when Christians are the majority. When any other religion is the majority, they're allowed to use public institutions for the religious ends. It's it's just Christians. We have to sit down and be a little more quiet with the cross stuff. Yeah, that's right, that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone else can can play up their religion aside from the Christians.
Speaker 3: That's right. Good, all right, So let's let's let's.
Speaker 1: Pivot to we're talking about California, which is I think ties together a lot of this stuff because California's example of a state that has imported the third world.
Speaker 3: We continue to do so. We want open borders.
Speaker 1: We like the idea of servicing people who take from the system and just got here more than people who have laid down routs and have paid in the tax base. That's been our goal from the start. And let's see if the citizens are able to make any sort of a pendulum swing back in the direction of sanity.
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 1: There's a debate that took place on maybe a couple days ago as people hear this, but I got some fresh clips I want to share with you. First of all, this is Tom Steyer talking about should illegal aliens or not even alle aliens, but should be able who don't speak English get commercial driver's licenses in California.
Speaker 3: Check out this one, am I, mister Stier, where do you draw the line on this?
Speaker 2: Should language proficiency for truckers be strictly enforced, even if it means that some of them.
Speaker 3: Will probably lose their jobs? You have sixty seven.
Speaker 6: I agree with what was said, which is we don't know the context of this stop, but what I can say is this racial profiling is illegal, and in fact, picking on people based on the color of their skin in the state of California is illegal.
Speaker 1: So he's asked, should we have truck drivers who are mandated to be able to read the signs on the road they are traversing on to get a commercial license? And his reaction is, it is illegal to racially profile. And these are the guys who very welcomed the governor.
Speaker 3: I think that's really racist. Like, I mean, I come from a place where you don't. You have people who don't speak a word of English and many of most of them, all of them frankly, are white. So oh, that's a great point. So because you're from a French product, be a racial minority to non speak English, it's like that sounds racist and dangerous. But sorry, go on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's no, it's interesting because it's a great point because all of you French Canadians who might have immigrated to the United States legally or illegally, there's no guarantee that you.
Speaker 3: Know exactly are going to be targeted by the Trucker Law and are having no representation in Tom's uh in his in his passion defense.
Speaker 1: Here's the big question for me that I'm always tracking. This is my how are we doing? How are we doing? Question that I asked virtually every show is that one of our major political parties has talked nonsp about race and only race, and they've done so for my entire sentient life. And I just want to ask, are the their states improving? Are people going to those states? Are they fleeing as their tax rate going up or down? Does quality of life getting better in their areas? When all they do is talk about our racial rievances. And because they keep doing, you know, I played a clip earlier in the week of Kamala Harris at a black women's forum where she's telling black women, I'm gonna get mine also like you're the worst caricature you've ever heard of a Democrat black sassy woman. And it's so pandering. It's so belittling, it's so racist. It's racist, and I feel like they're not getting any benefit. But they won't come off of it politically. They won't say, you know what, maybe we should try something different politically, And it's really being tested right now in California.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for so true. And by the way, Kamal Harris another French Canadian talking down to minorities. Anyone doesn't get it, go to Breitbart dot com and do like Colon Kamala from Canada was the headline.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's one of my favorite Ama Joe investigations at Bright Break.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so yeah, no, but I think that you kind of said it in the subtext of what you just said, which is thing ever gets better and we have to fixate on the most on the most inflammatory and charged and offensive and distracting topic in order to look away from how's life in California? Half of La just burned to the ground. You know, how's life on skid row? How's it going in the hospital waiting rooms? I would love to hear from your wife about that. You know, how's it going in your public schools? All of these institutions and all of these infrastructures that we pay exorbitant fees for. I'm sure your taxes aren't where you'd like them to be now are being before us. You have these zombie creatures called junkies roaming around your neighborhoods, and and they're talking about the how it's racial targeting to insist on English. It's all just falling back on this talking point to not have to talk about everything that was just listed by both of us. And you know, I mean, unfortunately for Californians, it's like you get what you vote for. Is I don't say that in a way that's sassy. I live in New York City. God knows, I can't say much, but no, I know. And that's why I've embraced to be a thing is going to ruin you.
Speaker 1: And that's why I've embraced the Maame Dodd experiment because I feel like people have completely content to watch us like we're a chimpanzee's in a cave in a cage going through the similar experiment out in California, where the political class has chosen people who are not producers at the expense of the producers, and it's they're testing us.
Speaker 3: We who produce in the state, how much we're willing to endure before we all leave. And that's what's being tested here. All right, I got some more saying, just sorry, just one more thing on this because the SPLC's we're talking about the SPLC and now we're talking about Tom Steyer in California, and you just you just have to point out, like I mean, homelessness is like a great example the homelessness. The industrial complex around philanthropy and California and homelessness is insane. I don't know if you've ever looked into it. Maybe it's worth doing, like literally a whole episode on the corruption of nonprofits in California, but they are basically being paid to perpetuate the homelessess crisis. You think that a big Democrat is going to go and point out real problems like that, No way, there's too much money at stake. It's like you're gonna get Eric Swollweld if you go anywhere near there.
Speaker 1: This came up, homelessness came up. I got to Katie Porter clips. Both are good. They're talking about homelessness. I don't know which one I'm gonna pick first, but we'll we'll play and don't react to it.
Speaker 2: Porter same question, do you believe that English proficiency language proficiency should be strictly enforced for truck drivers?
Speaker 3: You have sixty seconds.
Speaker 7: I would absolutely fight the Trump administration because the job of the California governor is to protect Californians, and right now that includes partecting them from Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Protecting I would like to think the job is to protect them from illegal alien truck drivers who are running into people on the road because he can't read the signs, but it's okay, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Protecting Californians also includes enforcing traffic laws, and we've seen sometimes a need for oversight in California. For example, we have seen that the Department of Motor Vehicles was not enforcing rules around DUIs and drivers who had convictions for that. I am stunned that mister Bianco would say to block and brown Californians and immigrants who are being terrorized and racially profiled that you have to get over racism. It's not something that you get over, it's something that you fight. And if he doesn't understand the importance of that, he has no business representing a state with it.
Speaker 1: So you see she goes on, it's all about the point of trying to stop people who don't speak English from getting commercial driver's license. The answer is that Trump is a racist.
Speaker 3: I'm just so confused because do they do something where they like beat you up and then at the end of the beating they say, do you speak English? And that's the way that they test for, like you know, whether you can have a driver's license to drive a truck? Like what is it like? Like I feel like if you just speak English, like you just tell them I speak English in English and like we're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And is it about passing a test, like, because I mean you should be able to pass a test, right, I mean we all I got to pass a test to drive, like.
Speaker 3: So yeah, like when it raisedst when I took my driver's license test, Like I don't get it. Yeah, it's literally don't understand this conversation. But they feel like your.
Speaker 1: Whole philosophy they don't give an inch. They'll never give an inch. They don't They're not going to give Trump any victory. They're not going to give they're not going to knowledge any of our points are accurate. And that's where I feel like the system is really suffering. Here's a perfect example. They're talking homelessness.
Speaker 2: Now, what grade would you give him on homelessness? And what, if anything, would you do differently?
Speaker 3: You have sixty seconds.
Speaker 7: I'm a notoriously tough grader, but I would probably give.
Speaker 3: Him a bee on homelessness.
Speaker 7: I don't think this is ba an easy problem to solve, but I do give him a lot of credit for calling attention to the problem. When he campaigned eight years ago, he was talking about housing when nobody else was.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: By the way, I'd love to be in your class, Katie, if you get a beef, what gavin you some?
Speaker 3: Still on homelesses? My goodness?
Speaker 1: And Javierbasira, who's also on the stage and is pulling under four percent. Former attorney general of the state, he gave newso An a homeless has gone up thirty something percent in California since he became the governor, and also or at least in LA I don't for the whole state, but overall it has gone up quite a bit. Everyone knows that California is super cool to the homeless. South Park laid it out a long time ago that this is the place to be and it ruins so many of the best neighborhoods. We've turned over so many of our parks, not to the children of the tax payers who the parks are intended for. There are just homeless encamp campments. I make this point so often I go into La into nice parts of town, and the parks or overrun by the homeless, and then I go to my little neighborhood in a suburb where there's a tiny little gate around the park because I pay my one hundred and seventy dollars a month to the HOA or whatever it is, and it is like, it's like a dream. It's like a dream for you to play with my children in the park without harassment, without a pot smell, and all of that is just we can do. That is not that hard, and we've elected to not do it. And this Democrat the worst grade the Democrats gave Gavenue and not homelessess is a B.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, let's say kat Katie Porter can't. She can't, she can't pull any threads on the homelessness industrial complex, or we're gonna find out that she, you know, maybe like pour its scalding water on her husband or something.
Speaker 1: So do you think though, there's any Democrat out there who is willing to at least say, hey, you know what, we didn't do well on homelessness.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just the factor there. The math is there. Well, that's the thing is like for the group as a whole, Like I like to times Zoom, I didn't think about like the strategy just you know, you got to be an adult and kind of not be too idealistic and be a little real. There's always a strategy. So I see like that there's this huge open lane where the strategy for the group, for the establishment people can't be to ever say any of this stuff that we're talking about out loud. But given that reality, if there was embody who wanted to pull a Trump, you know, who wanted to kind of not have to rely on the establishment, who wanted to not you know, perform like horrific sex acts or some sort of strange abuse and have something that could be leveraged over them, but really be an honest person who is literally just trying to you know, advocate for people. And if they were a Democrat, they could do so much good. They could really do so much good. Unfortunately that that was the point of treating Trump. The way that he was treated was so that nobody would ever dare on the right or the left. And by the way, I would totally embrace any Democrats who wanted to do this. You know that nobody would dare to call out the ills and the missteps and the crimes in some cases, and the corruption of the establishment, especially in places like New York California where you have these deep, dark corruption swamp on so many things that matter so much, health, education, homelessness, public safety. There is such a big opportunity, but you can't do it because you'll get beat over the head.
Speaker 1: It's so right, and it's very scary, and I feel like that that's all we're asking. You don't agree with us on everything, We're happy to disagree. But what I am asking is that can we at least not take a homelessess problem that was bad and somehow got worse. It would have taken so little, just the smallest improvement, and you could have given them an a hey, it improved, it got worse. This isn't just that homelessness is not guaranteed to get worse. It's not one of these scenarios where things are inevitable going to get worse.
Speaker 3: It is one more. They act like it's a law of gravity, and it's not only not a lot of gravity, but there's a fix everything button. Yes, it's it's just improve it a little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 1: Don't make it so that so many my weekend days are ruined, so many neighborhoods are ruined.
Speaker 3: Whatever. It's a it's a look, we can improve it a lot. It's called it's called doing what is necessary, and we all know what it is. Arresting people, moving people off of the street, institutionalizing people who can't take care of themselves, who are clearly you know, there's there's a term for disturbed individuals. You know there's a fix everything button, nobody has the courage to press it.
Speaker 1: Doing what is Necessary would be a terrific name for a self help motivational podcast.
Speaker 3: Just a thought that consider. That's you know, that's me. I'm just I'm just miss miss warm and let's help people.
Speaker 1: And you're very you're very helpful. Okay, Emma Joe, final word?
Speaker 3: Anything else in your mind? No, I think I got my venting about the left out today. Wow.
Speaker 1: No, it's good. No, that's the point in the show. I would like to focus more on the left and the right if I can. All right, that's enough for now. Emma Joe, wonderful stuff. I'm where can people follow your work?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Emma Joe NYC on Twitter and the group chat on two Way on YouTube four pm on Thursdays.
Speaker 1: Good yeah, good content from her on the Everything app. And I'll try to remember to link up the your Your Canada investigation on the show notes if I.
Speaker 3: Can't rough to be in the bio Camala from Canada. Good thanks, IMS you next week. Thank you.