Speaker 1: My name is Charlie kirk I run the largest pro American student organization in the country, fighting for the future of our republic. My call is to fight evil and to proclaim truth. If the most important thing for you is just feeling good, you're going to end up miserable.
Speaker 2: But if the most.
Speaker 1: Important thing is doing good, you'll end up purposeful. College is a scam, everybody. You got to stop sending your kids to college. You should get married as young as possible and have as many kids as possible. Go start attorney point, you would say, college chapter. Go start attorny point, you say high school chapter. Go find out how your church can get involved.
Speaker 3: Sign up and become an activist.
Speaker 1: I gave my life to the Lord in fifth grade, most important decision I ever made in my life, and I encourage you to do the same. Here I am Lord, Use me. Buckle up, everybody, here we go. Noble Gold Investments is the gold sponsor of the Charliekirkshow, a company that specializes in gold iras and physical delivery of precious metals. Learn how you could protect your wealth with Noble Gold Investments at Noblegoldinvestments dot Com. That is noblegold Investments dot com. It's where I buy all of my gold. Go to Noblegoldinvestments dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome everybody. We are here on set in Phoenix, Arizona, at the yre FI Studios. Welcome to you, from sea to shining Sea. Honored to be with you today. We're gonna have a very econ heavy show because that is the current discussion.
Speaker 4: Actually, it was gonna happen anyway, and then it became the discussion, which is a sign that it was a fortune favors us.
Speaker 3: Fortune favors the bold and the burrito, I will tell you. So here's our show. Let me just lay it out for you. We've got a couple open segments here. We're gonna bring you up to speed on the Great Beat Burrito Debate of twenty twenty. It's gonna be fun. Then we've got a Hillsdale professor who is an economist and we're gonna be talking about capitalism. And then we've got Secretary Scott Bessant in studio here in Phoenix, Arizona. So we're excited about that. And we're gonna be talking about affordability and young people and economic literacy, so many things and then we've got Nate Friedman. He's been doing great work documenting the Islamification of places like Michigan and the Bronx in New York. So we're gonna have a fun conversation about that. I don't know fun is the right word, but let us get started on the Great burrito debate of twenty twenty six. Now what do I mean? If you are not logged on to x or other social platforms, you might not know what I mean. We are having a discussion about twenty dollars burritos? Is it true? Are they really costing twenty bucks? Are they much less? Should kids learn to cook at home? Are gen Z a bunch of entitled brats? And yeah, there's the there's the tweet that accidentally kicked it all off from yours truly, I said, so, Matt Walsh was going on, Grocery prices are insane, They're still rising. Addressing this problem should be the number one priority of every elected leader and the stupid foreign wars and focus on this issue. It's one of the main reasons socialists are gaining power. And I replied. One of our TPUSA college students gave me his take on affordability. A burrito shouldn't cost twenty bucks. Yeah, a lot of this is a hangover from COVID and Biden air inflation, but the lived experience is the same. It just feels like basic things cost too much. So before we get too far down the road here, I want to ask and invite this audience. I want to know what you think, because the reactions have been all across the board, and actually I would say many of them have truth. So send us an email Freedom at Charliekirk dot com. We're going to be reading them in the next segment or maybe if Blake gets them right now, Freedom at Charliekirk dot com. What is your take on the twenty dollars burrito?
Speaker 4: Well, because we should get into this because the reaction is very mixed because people, of course, if they say a burrito can cost twenty dollars, they're talking about fast food or even like like Chipotle or abovesual dining, casual dining, or if Chipotle is gonna cost twenty it probably means they door dashed it.
Speaker 5: So they're playing a delivery.
Speaker 3: You get like some guac on the side, exactly give them a tip and so anti tip you tip at Chiappotle.
Speaker 5: We'll get into that later.
Speaker 4: But so the kind of natural debate that's unfolded here is a lot of people have raised their eyebrow and say, if you feel like you can't afford a burrito at Chipotle, you probably should not be eating out and you can save a lot of money by eating at home more. And it's true people eat out a lot more now than they did ten years ago than they did when I was a kid, certainly than they did fifty years ago. And if you feel like you're falling behind, that could be a part of it. But the counterpoint is a lot of people have said, oh, if you're going to lecture young people that they shouldn't buy so many burritos, it's like a revival of the the avocado toast attack on millennials from about fifteen years ago.
Speaker 5: And you can kind of go either way on it.
Speaker 3: Really no exactly, so multiple things can be true, which is a tough thing to get across on social media. Should young people be thrifty, especially when you're in college, Absolutely you should be. I mean when I was in college, I held down a part time job. Most of my friends did as well. We would eat anything free. We could get our hands on leftover pizzas, half of burrito that somebody else didn't eat. Anything. If a family was willing to have us over for dinner, we would go there. If there was a barbecue or an event where that included free food, we were much more likely to go do that. You should do those things as a college student. But I personally didn't cook much at all in college, So that's another question. Did you cook in college? I didn't have a kitchen to cook in. I lived in the dorms the first year, and yeah, I had a meal plan. Those that, by the way, have become such a racket, the meal plans. Oh, I've been inundated by emails and direct messages and people saying the meal plans are obsessing.
Speaker 4: And that's part of what goes into this is that, Okay, your college meal plan is a scam. Is that a scam coming from capitalism? Is that a scam coming from the free market? No, it's we have a cartel the college system that is endlessly subsidized by our government through student loans and a million other things. And then on top of that, they get you in and then they trap you in their cartel. Oh, well, you're going here, so you're required to buy our meal plan. When I was at the school I went to, they not only no whatever uh no, So they not only required you to be on the meal plan, but there was an aspect of it at the time where they would require you to have so much free float money and if you didn't spend all of that money by the end of the rum, they just confiscated it. They just empty drained your account and took it.
Speaker 3: Like they wouldn't roll it over. I absolutely scam, but so many schools only like this has taken over social media. I've had like twenty people be like, only thing on my feed right now is burritos, And I apologize, but I'm not sorry. If that makes sense, all right, I think this is really interesting though. This is chef Andrew Grohl, who is a friend and he's a restauranteur in Los Angeles. He said, the funniest thing about by the those two seventeen the funniest thing about the burrito debate is no one is getting rich off an eighteen dollars burrito. As a restaurant owner, I can tell you that nobody wants to charge eighteen dollars for a burrito. We'd much rather sell a twelve dollars burrito and have you come back twice a week. The problem is the cost of running a restaurant has skyrocketed. That part was cut off. And he's got a little meme there the great burrito debate of twenty twenty six, and then people are going around showing so then I should add this immediately. Joel Barry, who I believe is formerly of the Babylon b and now he's working with Jeremy Boren for Boring, formerly of The Daily Wire. On his new show, he basically said I can feed my family of I believe did he say eight or six? I don't know. He's got a big family. He's been prosperous, fruitful and multiplied. He's got a big family. He said he can feed his family on twenty dollars a night if you just shop out. And there's people that are making that point too, which I think is valid. Two nineteen is an example of this. It goes due to the stupid burrito debate. Not sorry, I made my eleven year old daughter see if she could feed our family of five burrito of five burritos for dinner for twenty dollars a leafe. I believe she nailed it. Please vote her in the upcoming mintos.
Speaker 6: So went to.
Speaker 3: AHGB, bought a bunch of iceberg lettuce, bought some ground beef eighteen thirty. Okay, so yes, you can so again. Two things can be true at once. Young people should not be living beyond their means. They should be being frugal, and that's a really good thing to learn, and to live within your means is a huge, hugely important thing. But what can also be true is that burritos are more expensive than they were just a few years ago. And that's okay to admit too. And I think that is deeper in this conversation, and it needs to be made that it is politically unwise. Let's just say that to walk around and do the Joe Biden thing and say prices are fine, the economy is great. What you feel and what you've lived and your lived experience is not real. Everything is great. That is not true for a lot of people, and a lot of people have pointed to what we call the K shaped economy, where the top are are expanded and the bottom are also expanding. So the tops getting bigger, and the botom is getting bigger, and the middle class is getting hollowed out, and this is one of the phenomenons behind it.
Speaker 4: Well, that's why I missed Charlie, to be honest. So for example, Dan Crenshaw had to tweet the other today taking part of this where he's like just hearing about this dumb twenty dollars burrito debate. So I thought I'd make the losers on social media angry before bed, stop whining, get a job, eat Raymond like the rest of a student in college on a budget with four roommates. And I think Charlie was better, where Charlie would actually approach this and he'd be able to say things are tougher. There is a lot of scams targeting you, but it is also possible for you to overcome those things by, for example, saving money and being frugal, and you can overcome them the same way George Washington overcame the British. He was very good at navigating that, of course, is the best ad. That's a challenge that the right has to do. We can have these Crenshaw smug lectures.
Speaker 3: I agree, and we'll get into it we got a ton of emails flowing in, so thank you for that. All right, Blake, let's get to the emails here. Yeah, let's just want people are being Are these kids a bunch of brain spectrum?
Speaker 5: It's a big spectrum.
Speaker 4: So all for example, Barry First, I think this is a very classic conservative position. He says, it's simple, a burrito should cost what the customer is willing to pay for the burrito. It's a self fixing problem.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 4: I think that's a very traditional view and a very reasonable one. Matt says, we have five kids, groceries are unaffordable. I am a Trump guy, but he is not turning this around. Doesn't matter how often he brags about eggs. Well, we'll see, we'll see. We're having a secretary vesent on. I think he might have something to say with that. Jacqueline says, I would pay twenty dollars for a burrito if it meant the steak is grass fed and there's no GMOs. I order from Chipotle once a week. If I don't deliver, then I will walk to it to justify eating out. A twenty dollar burrito is worth it. And but she does have a pretty decent household income. It looks like Jeff says, a twenty dollar burrito doesn't bother any elected official because they are all worth fifty or sixty million dollars. Remember Nancy Plosi with her twin twenty thousand dollars freezers to keep her Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I don't remember that. I've got to go look that up.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: That sounds incredible. Mick says, I need to lay off the burritos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that Freshman fifteen.
Speaker 4: By the way, we haven't talked about it, and g Corey says, this is not a binary discussion. The economy needs to improve in meaningful daily ways like rent, energy, groceries, and yes, burritos. It's not just the stock market and company earnings. That being said, people need to get smarter and more disciplined on how they spend their dollars, while also getting knowledgeable and engaged in policies not only in tough times but in good times as well. I think you and I would both basically agree with that.
Speaker 3: I agree with all of this. My main point in waiting into this debate was that I think it's political malfeasance to ignore the fact that things are expensive now, why are things more expensive? Blake? This is the critical piece of this conversation. We printed trillions of dollars during COVID. There was massive supply chains disrupted. There was a lot of disruption to the normal way things were shipped and moved about internationally, both domestically and internationally. And when you print money, the basics of economics are there are more dollars chasing fewer goods because the goods did not keep up with the dollars, especially during COVID. So maybe it felt good to have that momentary check come in the mail. But guess what happened? That wealth ended up funneling up to the top percentiles of the economy. Why because they own assets that inflate when inflation happens. They own homes that get more expensive, they own stocks that rise in value, they own equities, these kind of things get more expensive. Now, if you don't have any of those things and you want to get into those things, guess what they just got harder to get into. Okay, So if you're a working class person, if you're a young student at turning point and you're like, I want to own a home one day, well five hundred thousand dollars home just became worth a million, So now your payment just doubled, plus interest rates went up to counter the inflation.
Speaker 4: Inflation hurts people who are most reliant on cash, the most, people who are salary workers, people who are keeping their savings primarily just in cash, which you shouldn't do. By the way, any one of you can buy stocks these days, but or whatever equities you want.
Speaker 5: Got an other email here from Jenny Lee.
Speaker 3: This is silly.
Speaker 4: You suffer when you're young and you save. If the economy is bad, you cut back, you eat bolooney and you save. You don't keep buying Starbucks and twenty dollars burritos and have your meals delivered. You don't build wealth if you spend every penny you make. We all did it. We did it for years. I taught school for thirty five years and took my luncheon every day. The biggest help was she says, uh, Greg Ramsey, but she means Dave Ramsey. You find him, listen to him, believe him, and do what he says. And I think it is worth emphasizing that point that we should listen if people say it feels like everything's more expensive because they probably didn't get that idea out of nowhere. But as conservatives, we also have to tell people you are capable of coming this, you are capable of defeating this. It is actually very possible to get ahead in America if you have better habits and better discipline than a lot of the people around you.
Speaker 3: I totally agree. Let's let's give you a case in point here, because this is a burrito apparently for a burrito menu from Chipotle in twenty twenty or twenty twelve in Los Angeles. Allegedly. All right, so the chicken brito was six twenty five. This is image two twenty nine. By the way, chicken was six twenty five steak with six seventy barbaricoa six seventy, carnitas six seventy vegetarian six twenty five kind of getting ripped off if you're vegetarian. By the way, now here's one. Here's one from online at image two thirty. So a carnitas burrito is now eleven forty. So it's not twenty bucks, but it's eleven forty. This is pre tax. But if you get chips or chips and guac, that's two dollars and twenty cents more or five point fifteen. Heaven forbid, you get the Mexican Coca Cola that's three seventy five. So you could easily see how if you got eleven forty dollars burrito, chips and guac five point fifteen, then you're at about seventeen eighteen bucks plus tax and tip, you're over twenty bucks. Okay, if you tip at Chipotle, well, a lot of people do blake. A lot of people do so, and there's other people that have been trying this and going out and finding out. Yeah, as a matter of fact, I went and got a burrito. By the way, was a salmonella outbreak that affected Kudobo and salmonella are in Chipotle yesterday, which is which is ironic. I would say, uh, but yeah, So here it is John Levine, who does he work at the Free Beacon? I believe now possibly, but he said I remember on Fox Business once, maybe two years ago, I said I spent twenty dollars for a Chipotle burrito bowl in New York City. The host all but called me a liar on air. I later confronted him with a receipt at the twelve eleven sixth Avenue Gym, and he apologized to me, but not on air. So, like people are paying twenty dollars for arbrito, we know that they're out there. Are there cheaper burritos? Like, yeah, there are? Should you if you're a little bit poor, absolutely, should you cook at home? Yes? Absolutely, But it doesn't negate the fact that things are still expensive, that it's not necessarily President Trump's fault. Yeah, there's been a supply shock on an energy because of the Iran war, and ultimately that's what this is all about. By the way, it's all big proxy discussion about was the Iran War worth it or not? But yeah, there are things that are headwinds in the economy, but we also have tailwinds and we're gonna talk about those some with Secretary Bessett in the next segment. Though, we're gonna take we're gonna zoom out, We're gonna zoom out a little bit, and we're gonna talk about a defense of capitalism because none of this is dumerism from us. None of this is saying that we should throw out a capitalist system in free markets at all. As a matter of fact, that would be the wrong way to go here. And that's what we're seeing with the rise of DSA and these commies and these socialists that want to seize the means of production. They're only gonna ruin everything. They're gonna make things more expensive. We'll talk about that next. I had the honor of a lifetime to call Charlie a friend, and what I remember most wasn't just what people saw on stage. It was what was behind the scenes. That was an unwavering commitment to his faith, his love for his family, and his genuine desire to encourage others to live with courage and conviction. Charlie believed that following Christ wasn't something you compartmentalized. He didn't put it in a box. He lived it out loud. It shaped how he lived, how he served, how he treated people every single day. Charlie Kirk, American Martyr, captures that heart. This documentary isn't just simply about remembering Charlie. It's an invitation for each of us to ask what kind of legacy we're building and whether we're willing to stand firm in our own faith when it's tested. I hope that you'll watch it with your family and have those conversations together. Go to angel dot com slash kirk. That's angel dot com slash Kirk. Become an Angel Guild member, watch Charlie Kirk, American Martyr, and help bring more stories of faith, courage, and conviction to audiences around the world. Without further ado, we have doctor Charles N. Steele. He's the director for the Center for Commerce in Freedom at Hillsdale College. He's an associate professor of economics, and we figured this would be the best time to have you on, Professor, because we have this insidious rise of democrat socialism where they legitimately want to seize the means of production. We got the Pierre de teoric tax or however you say it in New York with Mom Donnie, and they're coming after capitalists. They're coming after the producers, the people that have built businesses, and it's scary for a lot of people. So, at a very basic level, Professor, why is capitalism the economic system that you believe is the best for America, for the world, for the West. The Flora's yours.
Speaker 7: Thank you, I'm very happy to be here. You're right, this is a great time to talk about capitalism. But it's always a great time to do that. Why is capitalism the important system. I'm actually writing a book on this right now, which coming out next year. Is the plan. But I opened the book by pointing out that the way that we live today is highly unusual for human beings. It's something that's brand new in history. Historically speaking, for thousands of years, there was no development to speak of. The way that we live today is unusual. We are the most blessed people in the world that have ever ever walked the planet. At the beginning of the I think about the twentieth century. The beginning of the twentieth century, the population of the Earth was about one point seven billion at max, and the average income was a couple thousand dollars. It went up, the population went up, it quadrupled under the influence of capitalism, and average income per person in the world went up enormously. It went up five to six times. We are in a blessed time. We have a system that does that, and there's no other system in history or conceivable that could ever do these sorts of things. The thing that makes that important is not that we have more stuff either. It's that we have better lives in multiple ways. I'm happy to talk about that, but it's something that people really do need today to understand. They need to understand the basics of the system, how it works, and why it's important.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Doctor Steele, it just got me thinking.
Speaker 4: We've been discussing the first half of this show, a lot of people freaking out that, for example, it's more expensive to buy a burrito at their preferred place, or various things feel like they've gotten more costly, and so this is a problem with our free market, capitalist system, a lot of them believe. And yet if you zoom out, it's not ever, it's not ever socialism or communism that enabled you to have that in the first place. One hundred years ago, nobody was getting a burrito at a fast food place anywhere. Now you can get them in any city in the United States, and it's because of capitalism that made that possible in the first place.
Speaker 8: Correct, Oh, yes, you're quite right about that. The way that we live today is truly astonishing. I lived in the former Soviet Union, and I spoke to my student I taught there, I taught economics. I talked to my former students who had lived in the Soviet Union what life was like there, and we were talking about something pretty mundane, bananas. Bananas turned out to be the most popular fruit in the United States.
Speaker 7: And I had a banana. I was in this is post Soviet Russia. I bought a banana and we were talking about it, and they said, you know, we lived in Moscow. You almost never saw banana. A banana was a rarity. It was an exotic luxury, and party officials could get them. And my students came from pretty well connected families, so once in a while they would get them something like a banana, something so prosaic, so basic, as that does not exist outside of places where it grows, or the capitalist world where we can where we live honestly like kings compared to what Kings used to do.
Speaker 3: So when we talk about this kind of current debate, there is an affordability issue that a lot of people are having, especially after COVID. Right, we printed all this money, we injected it into the economy, and you had inflation, so asset prices got higher. It squeezed the middle class, in the working class, hourly worker, salary workers in new ways. When we talk about solutions for this right, you have the DSA Mom Donnie's offering grocery stores, one in each of the five bureaus and the burrows, and he's going to make the prices thirty percent cheaper. So and it's kind of endemic of a larger issue is that many of our industries are not purely capitalists, right. They are controlled. There's price fixing, there's price gouging. What is the solution if you had a you know, we could waive a wand and you could make the system better. Currently, how do we get back to some more fundamentals in our economy?
Speaker 7: It might help to talk about what capitalism really is, because some people confuse capitalism with, say, the status quo that we have today. We do have a capitalist system, but it is rather badly hampered by regulation, by interferences, by protectionism for businesses, things like this, and those are the very kinds of things that destroy a capitalist system. The history of capitalism is interesting because it was really a system that came about late seventeen hundreds. Early eighteen hundreds is when it really began to get going, and it was under the influence of people such as Adam Smith his seventeen seventy six Wealth of Nations. He was condemning the current at the time economic system, which was the system of mercantilism. Mercantilism is the system of special privileges for a few well connected businesses and as he put it, extraordinary constraints on others. And so it's rent seeking, it is government regulation and interference. Those things were invented in the fifteen hundreds and sixteen hundreds. That's the economics that capitalism got us out of by opening up markets, by opening up industries and things to anybody who wanted to come in and had an idea. To entrepreneurship, I think one of the things that is least understood even by economists about capitalism and about the importance of the market system is entrepreneurship. And the various theoretical reasons why economists have neglected this, but it should be seen that entrepreneurship, the potential for entrepreneurship, opens economic activity to anybody in anyone in the economy. Any person who comes up with an idea has the freedom to try it, and if it works, that's the thing that generates economic growth, and it generates wealth. If you get economic growth, you actually get reduced not higher prices. You get more and better things, not unaffordability and things like that. A couple of the problems that we're facing with the affordability, I think affordability is kind of a mischaracterization. It's just that we can't afford things that we want, and there are many different reasons for that. Instead, we ought to be looking at what causes various kinds of price movements, and one is, as you said, the increase of the money supply by the Federal Reserve. I think it is a bad policy, and increasing the money supply ends up putting more money chasing the same amount of goods, or in the case of COVID, they locked down the economy so we have fewer goods and prices go up in general. But there are other problems, one of which you pointed out is the uh, you know, the supply constraints, especially on oil, because the Iranians keep shutting down the Strait of Hormuz and we have these these kinds of problems. Tariffs have contributed to that as well. I think that's actually been a mistaken policy in most most respects depends on the case, and uh, some other other kinds of things we have. Our agricultural policy has has actually made it very difficult to be successful in beef farming. UH cattle. Cattle stocks are way down and it is difficult to uh to get them back up under under current agricultural policy. At the same time, we're subsidizing corn and paying for corn that probably isn't necessary. And we've got people paying producing one good when they ought to be doing the other because of these government interventions. So all those things contribute to affordability problems, but they're they're multiple, multiple different things going on.
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 7: My magic bond, I'm going to waive it, and we're going to end the unnecessary regulation of the economy that comes from the administrative state. That in itself when when Donald Trump in his first presidency did two things that really boosted the economy. One was the tax cuts, but far more important were the was the cut in regulation. And he's done that again. That's the most important single thing you can do, because it makes makes it possible to actually do business and to produce things instead of having cost pile up on cost and nothing getting done.
Speaker 3: That is so, I think that's interesting that you think cutting regulations actually did more to spur the econ me in Trump one point zero than cutting taxes. I mean, I know it's important, but I find it interesting that you put it ahead of cutting taxes. And some of these stories that you guys are sending us are actually really heart wrenching about what you're going through. And I think that's really important because you are conservatives, You probably love the president, you support the agenda, and yet your lived experience is tough.
Speaker 4: Yes, so you know, we just got one from a woman here and she's I don't want to discloser, but she's just saying that Biden inflation hit, our income was flat at the time, and our necessities increased by forty percent, and they've never gone down. Our mortgage went up because they had a variable rate mortgage. They had a medical issue that caused bills. And she's saying, we haven't had a Christmas or Birthday since the pandemic. We don't travel except for a wedding. We have no streaming or cable. We make our meals and never eat out. Our only expense we didn't cut was our dog's food. We have not lived like this since college. And they say, bluntly, I'll never vote for a communist or a socialist, but I am.
Speaker 5: You know, let's see here.
Speaker 4: Especially, I don't want to live like this for twenty more years. And I don't think any of the six figure salary with a pension and free healthcare. Republicans give a damn about anyone. They think everything.
Speaker 3: Is great and get another one too.
Speaker 5: It's a very tough one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some people are emailing us saying that they're not celebrating Christmas and birthdays. I mean, it's this is.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, we believe our ideas work, and we're gonna talk with Secretary Besson about how some of those ideas are actually already working and the media refuses to cover it. But we also have to acknowledge the lived experience that people are going through. Okay, so, professor, if I'm mom, Donnie and I come in and we're talking about how government intervention so often ruins things. Because this is a big DSA platform. We're gonna give free healthcare, We're gonna give free stuff. It's called free stuff populism, and we're gonna give you grocery stores that are thirty percent cheaper. What happens to me if I run a grocery store down the block and I have to pay normal price I'm not getting subsidized. What happens long term effects in that economy. I'm just curious your predictions here.
Speaker 7: I want to say something you might sign a little off track, that it really isn't you read the letter from the woman who is hard times. Look, the benefit of capitalism is not that it makes us wealthier. Fundamentally, it makes us freer and it allows people to flourish. There is so much more to life than physical wealth and money. That's not what this is really about. I emphasize that in the book that I'm writing, and I incidentally, I do have an online course with the Hillsdale. Somebody's interested in that. But so you asked this question. In Venezuela, Hugo Chavez put price controls on groceries. Then when there were shortages, inevitable shortages in the supermarkets, he said, they're not doing their duty, so they confiscated them. That's how they nationalized them and took over the economy. Basically communists.
Speaker 8: Mom.
Speaker 7: Donnie's plan is a little bit different. He has selected private operators who will be subsidized to cover those shortfalls in price, so that will drive out the bodegas, the small moms and pops, the small entrepreneurs, and then maybe the bigger change like Cristigies and places like this. It's a way of consolidating power. It does not benefit the people it institutionalized as well, will ultimately be low quality and shortages. That's what I would think is going to happen. I think the idea that they want to do that Mom, Donnie and others are trying here is that they want to try this as kind of an experiment to see if they can't get it going in New York and then spread it around the country. The DSA does intend to fundamentally change this country and make it a full honestly, if you read their platform, a communist country, but the same kinds of things that we're done in the Soviet Union.
Speaker 3: I think that's a really good prediction. Actually, I think it's gonna drive out a lot of the small competition around those stores. First, that'll be the first uh Domino to fall. And then but what about if I run a grocery store and I'm charging thirty percent more for the same good or a similar good, then why would anybody shop at my store? So then you're gonna have shortages, because then you're gonna be winnowing everybody down into these five little stores, and eventually people are gonna lose options. Great businesses are gonna go out, Entrepreneurs are going to be driven out of the city.
Speaker 4: And we don't know where this goes. I mean no, we know where it goes. And you can back me up on this, Professor Steel. Every time we've implemented this in communist and socialist countries, they'll implement policies that cause shortages and drive out entrepreneurs, and then they'll blame the problem on wreckers.
Speaker 5: They love that word.
Speaker 3: Wreckers.
Speaker 4: People just deliberately sabotaging the economy to be evil, and they use it to seize more control. We've seen this play out repeatedly, have we not.
Speaker 7: It is actually a strategy. We've definitely seen that happen. The one thing I will say, and it was true in the Soviet Union, but probably even be more so in New York City, is that you also get a thriving black market. You get underground entrepreneurs who would rise up. I think Americans are much less susceptible to this kind of thing ultimately than Russian people were, just because of our history and our background and we do still have this don't tread on me kind of concept built into our hearts, and I hope we keep.
Speaker 3: That doctor Steele, and you mentioned, by the way, understanding capitalism is a free course that you teach. You can get it at Charlie Furhillsdale dot com. So everybody should check this out, especially with the rise of DSA. But we don't really have to look that far. We don't have to go full Cuba or Soviet Union to really understand the pitfalls here. Blake likes to point this out and maybe in the last two minutes you can expound on it if you just look at the UK for example, if you go back a few decades, they were basically on par with us when it came to per capita GDP things like this energy prices. They have gone way down the path of stagnation in malays and now they're their average GDP I kept per capita GDP is less than like Mississippi in Alabama. So are some of our poorest states per capita are richer than the UK? Now what did they do wrong? What? What? What can we look at Europe and kind of surmise about what we're doing right and what they're doing wrong.
Speaker 7: Nationalization is one thing that they did of industries, heavy heavy regulation, heavy heavy handed labor laws that made made it almost impossible to fire somebody who doesn't work. And uh so that's been a that's been a huge problem. And that that that means that you end up with very high unemployment because nobody wants to hire someone who's not going to work. Every single country who's gone down the heavy regulation road has ended up this way. Argentina used to be the rival for the most of the most, for the highest growth rate of any economy in the New World, rivaled the United States, and Argentina destroyed itself with peronism and interventionism, which came more from the arguably from the right than the left. But I think the right left distinction doesn't matter when you're when you're putting regulations on the economy. It's stagnation, that's what you get.
Speaker 3: I think that's so it's such a good point. Argentina is a cautionary tale because it was, you know, they called it the Paris of the of the Western Hemisphere, Buenos Aires and just had massive, massive inflation issues and currency issues. Professor Steele, this was excellent thank you so much. I think it's so important. So it's fair to say the answer to the Great Burrito Debate of twenty twenty six is not I'm from the government and I'm here to help it.
Speaker 7: Basically, the government doesn't make burrito's. You're Americans, Ida Hamburger.
Speaker 3: That's the right answer. Thank you, doctor Steele. We'll talk to you soon. Secretary Scott Besstt joins us in studio next. If you could go back in time and buy oil before the world relied on it, would you? Of course you would? Anybody would, So why aren't you buying silver right now? The people who recognized oil early didn't just make money, they got ahead of one of the biggest economic shifts in history, and today a similar opportunity is unfolding with silver. Silver is more than a precious metal. It's a critical resource used in solar panels, electric vehicles, defend systems, AI infrastructure, and the massive data centers powering that digital world. While demand keeps growing, it's still affordable enough that the average American can start accumulating it right now. That's why investors are turning to silver to protect against inflation and to own one of the world's most important strategic resources. Don't be the person who looks back in ten years and says I saw it coming, I just didn't act. Visit noblegold Investments dot com slash kirk and learn how easy it is to own physical silver. That's Noblegold Investments dot com slash kirk own the metal the future depends on. We are joined by an absolute all star from the Trump administration and by the way, one of our students' absolute favorites. I want you to know that, Secretary Bessett, you are time and time again we talk to the students and it's always like JD. Marco and Scott Besson.
Speaker 6: Great, well, it's great.
Speaker 2: Great to be here, Andrew, good to be with you and Blake, and I'm looking forward to going over and seeing some of the Turning Point students after this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we have a whole new crop of new hires and our field program that are I mean hundreds of them. And I got to talk to him yesterday, and that group of new hires that are going to be working with our students all across the country at high schools and colleges is larger than our first ever Chapter leadership summit so it's just the growth is insane and we're just we're grateful, and you know, we're trying to honor Charlie every step we take and see through the vision that he had, which was I know you knew it very well.
Speaker 6: Well, it's good.
Speaker 2: It's great to see this kind of engagement. And you know, Charlie's vision, you all know better than anyone, was an optimistic vision. It was an open minded vision, which is the opposite of what we're seeing in this political cycle with this hate, vile, vile messages and you know what we're seeing now, you know, I they wish Charlie were here to know, to debate some of these creeps who are poisoning the debate and you know, our our youth and indeed everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I completely agree, and I think about that every day, literally every day.
Speaker 4: I think, let's start with that, then, which is just there is a lot of negativity around. There's a lot of black pilling, as we call it, from young people who say they're falling behind, there's no hope, they don't have the opportunity they used to make the case, like what has the administration been doing that actually is increasing opportunity? For young people, why why should they actually be feeling more hopeful.
Speaker 2: Well, boy, what we're not going to do with this administration is to do what the Biden administration did and tell people they don't know what they're feeling, especially young people. Young young people like this generation came out of the Blox. First was great financial crisis. Maybe their folks were under pressure, maybe they lost their homes. Then they came into COVID. Then we had this terrible Biden inflation, the twenty one point five percent cumulative inflation, probably higher for working Americans for groceries, insurance, auto payments, so that might have been as high as thirty five and everything that this administration led by President Trump is doing, you know, first, it's kind of like a medical procedure. First you got to stop the bleeding, which we did, and now we are seeing the we're able to turn the ship. And the US economy is like an aircraft carrier, is not a pt boat. And I and my team are in there every day the whole administration, and you know, we're starting to see signs that things are turning. We've seen that, you know for working Americans, just like in President Trump's first term and What I will say is the reason people should be optimistic is this is not new for President Trump. He did it in his first term. He did it in his first term, and we're seeing exactly the same contours of that kind of recovery. Now the inmplation hadn't been as bad, but we are seeing an acceleration of the bottom twenty five percent of way journers made the five point five percent increase in plation.
Speaker 3: We got the regrat you tweeted it out this morning two fifteen. If you could throw it up and please continue. I didn't mean to cut you off.
Speaker 2: No, And look that this was in response to some of the legacy media they saying I'd been saying that the k economy is ending, and it is the rate of change, and five point five percent real wage growth or wage growth versus three point five percent inflation, so you get two percent, and two percent is not the beat all and end all, But then you start accumulating that over time and we grow the economy. Because there are two ways to get out of this, uh, this morass that we're in. One is the slow price increases, and we're doing that. You know, we deregulated energy will get to the other side of this Iran conflict. Energy will come back down, core inflation is lower, and then but the real way to prosperity is wage growth and job creation. It's like President Trump says, I could have created one two million government jobs, but government jobs they don't grow faster like they're all indexed to the inflation rate. So now that we've got private sector jobs, we're seeing this manufacturing boom and both in terms of factory construction, and we're seeing numbers like we haven't seen in fifteen years. So it's happening what I like for it to happen faster. Sure, but I think like the mindset can start changing that we are. You know, we have a nascent turnaround, and I think we can accelerate from here.
Speaker 4: And immigration is obviously playing a key role in that, which is we had who knows ten million plus people waved in by President Biden. That's all going to be pressure on the wages of that twenty fifth percentile that you're highlighting that's lower skill work, younger workers, and so it's not surprising we see their wages rising the most because if there's less competition there from people they let in from abroad, they're going to.
Speaker 2: Get higher wages, and so Blake. It wasn't just on wages. And for years that we heard that somehow supplying demand on the bondom N labor market, solow it doesn't matter. Well, we got a real time experiment that's you know, once again, you know, the smuggle lead's proven wrong. But the other thing that happened too was these communities when when you get and you know, we don't know what it was, was ten, was it fifteen? Was it twenty five million illegals? There's no new housing stock, so you know, you saw rents go through the roof. And now the people don't want to admit it, but there are academic studies that show where ice goes.
Speaker 6: Rents go down. That's exactly right, rents go down.
Speaker 3: So mister Secretary, you know, we work with a lot of these students. We talked to a lot of them, and something that I am becoming increasingly passionate about because I'm realizing it's a felt need, is there's just a basic sort of economic illiteracy that is prevalent within younger generations. I'm not blaming them, it's actually our fault for not teaching them basic economics supply and demand. You know, I think about a conversation at CLS where one of the girls said, well, I would love for you know, the minimum wage to go up, and I'm like, no, no, no, no, no please. So what are we doing on that front? I know this is a passion of yours too, and how do we address it?
Speaker 6: Well, there are a couple of things.
Speaker 2: And you know, obviously we've we've been deficient in civics and turn turning point.
Speaker 6: When I think a turning point.
Speaker 2: You know, I think of it as a civic engagement organization and teaching the good lessons of civic responsibility and learning. So you know, we were deficient in that. We were also really deficient the on financial literacy. When when I when I think back, you know, the I'm you know, I'm older than you, gentlemen. But back in the day, think think of the term home economics. It wasn't just a cooking class. It was to teach people how to run a budget. How do you the uh run your home mortgage payments? And I can tell you, like you know, since I was a teenager in my twenties, that's all gotten so much more complicated, like you know, buy now, pay later, some of these credit card traps. Which is the best mortgage? Is it better to when you're a certain age, is it better to rent? What's the best investment program for your retirement? And I think we've got to lean into that. That's why I you know, it's for a different generation or for people who are just having children now. But that's why I'm excited about Trump accounts, because I think that's going to be the ultimate real time learning experience. Thirty eight percent of households do not have exposure to our great equity markets, and you understand they feel left out. And I say it is fitting that every American has a piece of the action, and that's an important part. Whether it's seeded with the thousand dollars, if you have a child born during President Trump's term, whether you open it for children, and the contributions come from the family, from employers, from states, from great philanthropist. But I think we're going to have a real time learning experience here because.
Speaker 6: Totally I agree again in these there are two ways.
Speaker 2: There's to understand and budget properly, but then there's too grow your assets and know how to do that. In safe, smart and sound way, and that's what this administration's trying to do.
Speaker 3: I love that you brought up Trump accounts because Blake will attest this was one of Charlie's passions. He loved it so much, loved this. I'm gonna play this clip. This is Charlie just when I think this was during the big Beautiful Bill sort of debate. This is SA ten.
Speaker 1: This could change the game and make people capitalists at age seven. I could imagine a bunch of nine and ten year olds being like, hey, our stock is up today. By the way, if you want a spelling bee, they could be like, hey, I'm gonna put twenty five bucks into your invest America account if you want a sports championship.
Speaker 3: It's a way where.
Speaker 1: Moms, dads, grandfathers, companies, employers. You can tokenize this where kids can actually then save their entire childhood and have something to point forward to and be co owners in America, not just renters.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you'll hear people complain that, you know, America has a trillionaire now and Elon Musk, and the reason we have a trillionaire is because he owns a big pile of equities in our stock market, and the same for Risks, all of our biggest billionaires. It's because they own a lot in our stock market, and so we should send that message, you too can own a piece of this from when you're born well.
Speaker 3: And I love this because Charlie used to talk about the radical is if you want radicalized politics, get a nation of renters, have no skin in the game, yep. And this is a way for young people to get skin in the game early. And already we're seeing great adoption of the Trump accounts, right. These are people are embracing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got seven millions signed up. We're gonna push it towards seventy million households who are eligible. And we're seeing more than ninety percent of the household signing up make less than two hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: So these are likely people who.
Speaker 2: Don't already have a piece of the action, and every American should. And I couldn't agree more that when you own a piece of the pie, you don't want to throw it out the window. That I also think that we saw in nutrition, we hear about food deserts, that there are people who live in neighborhoods, whether urban or rural that don't have access to fresh food, good food, well priced food. I think that there were financial service deserts and people didn't have the minimum amount. The percent of families that don't have five hundred dollars to meet a medical emergency, they're not thinking about opening an online brokerage account. But as you just said, for them, this is a new kind of savings vehicle. You know, it's not three percent interest at the bank. You know, for a birthday present, put in twenty dollars, for graduation family members, corporations can put it in one hundred. I think it's going to be a big enticement and new fringe benefit that everyone is going to When you're thinking of going to work at a company, do you have a Trump account match? Do you have a Trump account gifting program? Because companies can put up to twenty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: That's amazing and I so encourage if you're watching this, if you're seeing it on social media, do what Charlie was saying and tokenize it. Make it a part of a family culture where you incentivize your children to if they do certain things that they will get a contribution, and then they're going to you know, be eighteen twenty one years old. They're going to understand the way that compound interest works. They're going to understand these basic principles.
Speaker 2: So Trump accounts, dot GUV go on, yes, do it today. And the other thing, too, is a treasury. We've done fifteen learning modules. Some of the modules it's based for the children. It's based on age, whether you're four or six eight. And then it's also for parents because we're aware that a lot of the parents who are signing up for this have never been involved in the market before. And it's really going to teach like the benefits of long term compounding and riding with the American dream is. We had the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary on July fourth, and I always say, our founders never could have imagined economically where we could have come, you know, my predecessor, Alexander Hamilton.
Speaker 6: They set an.
Speaker 2: Incredible base for our economy. But you know, in terms of the tech, in terms of the dynamism, in terms of the ability, Like I was getting attacked during my confirmation hearing the Senator Comrade Sanders, and he was, well, you know, mister Busson, billionaires, it's pretty good.
Speaker 6: I have to I hear it a lot.
Speaker 2: So I can Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerbug, Jeff Bezos, the you know, these are oligarchs. And I said a senator, they all made the money themselves. And Elon Musk was a student immigrant. That's the way it works in America.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Amen to that. So you talk about being optimistic, all right, So again, apologies for sparking the burrito debate of twenty twenty six. But if you're speaking directly to our students and you're giving them reason to be hopeful about the job market, we got Ai all this stuff, You've got the price shocks of the energy in Iran, and all this stuff paint the picture of where you see the economy going through the end of this year, through the next couple of years, if we stay on our current track and you know, the Trump effect continues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, my contribution to the burrito debate is I'm staying away from Iceberg let us for another month. That is a tough way I here to lose weight. Yes, so I don't want to do that, but look that, as I said, for this group, it has been a tough slog and we are just coming out on the other side of this. I think thanks to President Trump's policies and he was talking about him from day one and from his first term, we are going to see real income gains and we are going to get prices under control, core inflation away from food and energy, which are the part of the Iran conflict. We're going to get to the other side of this. I hope in the next few days we will have an agreement and start moving forward. Prices are going to come back down, and the job opportunities in the private sector are very, very strong.
Speaker 3: What are you seeing in the private sector that's given you that confidence? I mean, are we seeing that manufacturing but you mentioned it before. Are we seeing this direct in vents and building factories and building Yeah?
Speaker 2: So the best in fifteen years, the best in fifteen years. When I take my hometown of Charleston, South Carolina, a Boeing plant thanks to President from going to selling Boeing airplanes around the world. Everywhere we go, you should buy more Boeings. They're doing a fifty percent expansion on the Dreamliner, so that's construction jobs, and then that's going to turn into a thousand. The high paying factory jobs and that's replacing the jobs of my childhood, the textile industry, which got decimated. The other thing that we're seeing, I know there's a lot of anxiety about AI, but one of the things that we're seeing with AI that is not obvious is we are seeing small business formation go through the roof. So I was talking to at one of the credit card companies, so you know and payment companies that small businesses sign up for, that they have seen an eighty percent increase in small business formation just in the past year. So with AI, there was an article I tell all of your viewers and listeners to go back and have a look two weeks ago in the Wall Street Journal. It said the rise of the one person company. Because if you wanted to go out be an entrepreneur, start your own company. Before you might need five, ten, fifteen employees. Now a lot of people are doing it with one, two or three and some AI agents. So I think it's going to be a powerful trend for small business fraud.
Speaker 3: It's another huge issue, and you've been out front tackling this stuff using the tools of the Treasury. What's some good news on that front, because I know there's plenty.
Speaker 2: Well the good news, let me tell you how we're fixing the bad news. The bad news is, once the money goes out the door, it is very difficult to get it back in. So we are cutting it all at the source of Vice President Vance. I'm proud to be part of his task force. It's an all of government effort and we are cutting the fraud out at the door. Doctor mamett Oz is doing an incredible job on healthcare. We are working on it. In terms of payments and what we are seeing. The General Accounting Office estimates that there might be between four hundred and six hundred billion of fraud every year. That is more, that's almost two percent of GDP.
Speaker 3: It hurts to hear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's terrible and look a lot of it. I was in Minneapolis and I did a round table and what really like tugs at your heartstrings is that these payments that were meant for autism centers are getting the waylaid and these fraudsters know how to do it. Every citizen, every one of your audience should demand is transparency because blue states and red states, they don't like to tell you where the money goes. So many Minnesota, there's a lot of corruption there, but they were very transparent. That's how Nick Shirley could go from location to location and find the lairing center. But you tried to do that in New York, Illinois, California and even some of the red states, they are they've clammed up. So demand transparency. That should be like every politician should have to sign a transparency pledge.
Speaker 3: That's great, But we're making great progress. We're making doing a great job there, Blake. I know this is like in your sweet spot and you could get really into the weeds. But like, we've only got a minute left. But the bond market. You were gonna ask about the bond marketing.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, so it does look like I've seen people agitating that overall interest rates on bonds are up. They're also up in Japan, which is another country that we have close ties to. Should we be worrying about this? I guess people like it seems like ad we borrow a trillion dollars it's now fifty billion dollars a year of interest when it used to be fifteen billion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Blake, I tell you I worry about it enough for all three hundred and forty two Americans. But good good news is we actually brought the deficit the GDP down and the size of the debt outstanding is tremendous.
Speaker 6: But we are growing our way out of it.
Speaker 2: So as we grow our way out of this, it makes it.
Speaker 6: You know. Think think about the if you.
Speaker 2: Had a mortgage and you were you got a mortgage when you were thirty, and the monthly payments and everything were very tight, but then you did well at your job, you got good pay increases, and then you grew your way out of it. Everything we are doing is unleashing this economy. We can have three four percent real GDP growth, and the growth will cure all that if we are able to recover some of this waste, fraud and abuse and controller spending.
Speaker 3: I am always so encouraged when I hear you talk, mister Secretary. I think you are one of the true standout stars of this administration. We have so much faith in you to navigate a very complex equation every day that you got conflicts in the Middle East, You've got bond markets, you've got consumer prices index, you got it all and you're doing a phenomenal job. You got fraud, You're tackling that. By the way, we didn't even get to paid family leave, which is something you just issued new I.
Speaker 2: Guess guidance on this that this is a family friendly administration.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys are doing so much good work, and I really really do believe that. And this is kind of my worry is that all of these things that were done in the one big beautiful bill, the tax cuts, all this direct investment, I mean hearing from restaurants or building new kitchens, they're taking advantage of these opportunities, the accelerated amortization opportunities, So these things are happening. My worry is that all this good news is it just takes a little while, because you said this is this is like turning the Titanic around, and I just hope that it starts coming in. I hope the media gives you a fair shake and we start getting this good news in time for elections.
Speaker 2: Well, I know the media is not going to give us a fair shake, but I think it'll be the opposite of the Biden Harris campaigns, where the media was gaslighting the American people.
Speaker 6: They said, oh, it's a vibe session.
Speaker 2: You don't know how good you have it well, we believe what Americans are feeling. The media is telling them it's terrible, but I think they're going to start feeling and they should be starting to feel better and that things are turning and the trend is your friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wages growing faster for the bottom income ladder rungs than any other than even for wealthy Americans. You've got massive new small business growth and formation. You've got a lot of things that are that are really really good and really positive, and we got to start telling that story too, because what we can cannot do is give into these DSA commies and seize the means of production and let them price fix, because that leads to ruin. Secretary Beston, I know you got to run. We appreciate your time so much. God bless you for everything you're doing.
Speaker 6: Good to be with you.
Speaker 3: If you're struggling with cravings, bloating, and stubborn weight gain, your gut health is probably playing a bigger role than you think. A damaged microbiome can affect everything from inflammation and digestion to cravings and weight gain, and with today's process foods and environmental toxin, a lot of people's digestive health is taking a big, major hit, which is why taking care of your gut health may be more important now than ever before. That's where a fermented food called kimchi can make a real difference. Kimchi is naturally rich in over nine hundred probiotic strains that help support gut bacteria. Because when your gut bacteria are properly supported, your body is better able to process food efficiently, regulate cravings, and support digestion even maintain healthier metabolism. Overall, studies show that eating kimchi can reduce your body fat by thirty one point eight percent, but supporting your gut microbiome takes consistency, and most people aren't eating kimchi every day because of the taste, of the smell, the hassle that comes with getting it. That's why bright Core created Kimchi One, delivering the benefits of fermented kimchi in a convenient capsule form to help restore your gut's natural balance every day, because when your body is functioning properly from the inside out, everything else becomes easier. Today, you can get an exclusive offer by clicking on the link below for twenty five percent off your entire order or for an even better deal, call our friends over at bright Core for up to fifty percent off your order and free shipping. Give them a call right now eight eight eight three one seven nine to two five eight Kimchi one from bright Core Health starts in the gut get twenty five percent off. Use code Charlie at brightcore dot com slash Charlie. That's brightcore dot com slash Charlie, or you can you can call eight eight eight three one seven nine two five eight for up to fifty percent of that's eight eight eight three one seven nine two five eight for up to fifty percent off your order and free shipping without further ado. We have Nate Friedman. I call him the Great Nate Friedman because he's doing like really really important work host of the Nate Friedman Show. You can follow him an ex at Nate Friedman ninety seven. He's an independent journalist. It's going around the country right now documenting the rise of Islam in places like Michigan and New York. So Nate, welcome to the show. It's good to have you, man, and thank you for your work. Why don't you tell us about what you're doing? Just give us a thirty thousand foot view.
Speaker 9: Sure, so I expose paid protesting, and I expose the rise of Islam in the West. I go all over the world and I speak to people, and I hear them out.
Speaker 3: Why are you focusing on the rise of Islam? Why is that important to you?
Speaker 9: Because it goes against our way of life. So when I speak to Muslims, I have never spoken to one that supports a ban on Sharia. I've spoken to many that are looking to implement Sharia in the United States, and I don't want to. Eventually, I will have children. I don't want my daughter to have to wear a burka, and I don't want to live under Sharia.
Speaker 3: I love that. I want to play a clip from Charlie just because we've got some clips from you that I'm really excited to show, but just to frame it for our audience. I think we've played this clip a few times, but it's so good and it's so important. Clip twenty.
Speaker 1: The spiritual battle is coming to the West, and the enemies are Wokeism, re Marxism combining with Islamism to go after what we call the American way of life. And the American way of life is very simple I want to be able to get married, buy a home, have kids, allow them to ride their bike till the sun goes down, send them to a good school, have a low crime neighborhood. Not to have my kid be taught the lesbian, gay, transgender garbage in their school, while also while also not having them have to hear the Muslim call to prayer five times a day.
Speaker 3: That's important.
Speaker 1: We want the American way of life, which is by the way Christendom.
Speaker 3: The American way of life is definitely under siege. So you tell us, Okay, where in America have you been going and tell us what you're seeing when you're on the ground.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean, first off, I've featured that clip and multiple of my documentaries. Charlie was so spot on there, it's unbelievable. So where have I gone in America? So I've gone to Patterson, New Jersey. I've gone to Dearborn, Michigan. But a lot of my work documenting the rise of Islam has been in Europe, so both in the UK, in Italy and Spain. So it used to be that in order to show the American people what the rise of Islam means, you would go to Europe, but now it just seems like you have to walk out your front door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you on that. Let's go ahead and play. This is grocery shopping in Dearborn, Michigan twenty one.
Speaker 10: If you were to do grocery shopping here in Dearborn, this is what you would see. In my two years of reporting on the ground, this is the most shocking footage that I have ever taken. Our country is becoming unrecognizable.
Speaker 5: I wish it went a little long.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at some of the b roll and even it's not even just the hitjob, which that's the head scarf that they wear. You see a lot of if I'm using my terms right, Nie Cob, where you can only see their eyes and nothing else. And do you feel like you're seeing even more of that as a percentage of the dress that people are wearing.
Speaker 5: Do you ever see full burkas?
Speaker 9: Absolutely so. I'll tell you I've walked up to more than one hundred women wearing a nicab across the West and I've only ever done an interview with one of them. Either they say they don't speak English, or they'll just look at me shocked, like I'm talking to them. This is not assimilation. I mean, what happens if a child lost their parents, Like their parents, they can't find them in the grocery store and they walk up to a woman who's wearing a nicab and can't speak English. This is not assimilation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's you say, it's it's unrecognizable. And yet the progressives, there is this red green alliance that is forming, and you see it with l Sied in Michigan where you've got Hassan Piker, radical progressive who's you know, raised in Turkey by the way, partnering up with El Sied, who is basically raised in Egypt. Yeah he has you know, American roots as well. But they're and they're embracing these radical DSA policies which are just gonna flood the country with even more Muslims. And they don't see any you know, issues with Islam at all. They just they think of this tabla rasa idea that he uman beans or blank slakes, that they bring nothing in with their culture. But as Charlie has was very eloquent about talking about Islam is a conquering ideology. It is a political conquering ideology. And we have clips after clips of these moms saying we are going to institute Shariah when we get enough power. They're pursuing incrementalism right while our side is pursuing accelerationism. And they want to burn down the GOP because it's not ideological pure enough for them or something. And by the way, it's okay to have critiques, that's part of politics to have criticisms of Trump or whatever. But they want to burn it all down to let the Democrats. When what's going to happen. When that happens, You're gonna have three to five million illegals fled the country. You're gonna have a lot of Muslim immigration, and they're going to incrementally gain more and more political power. And what are they going to do with that political power? Do you have insights on what they want to do with that political powers they get?
Speaker 9: Why don't we at why don't we look at what they've already done? So what happens when they become a majority in the city. Look at ham Tramik. Is it progressive that they've banned the pride flag? When Muslims became a majority in ham Trammick, they banned the pride flag and yet the left is marching saying we want more Islam. I mean, you can see this is not going to end well in the UK. Thankfully the United States we have free speech. But I have spoken to Muslims in the UK that say we are going to put Muslim members into Parliament, they are going to instill Sharia and then we are going to live under Strait. They tell us their plans and we have elon who bought X and we have free speech. But imagine we didn't, it would the destruction of the West would be excelled dramatically.
Speaker 4: You say, going to but Britain we already see free speech is radically curtailed.
Speaker 3: Especially if you're especially if you're criticized.
Speaker 5: Especially if you're critical of Islam.
Speaker 4: You'll have the police will call and say, you know, it's not illegal what you did, but I mean you're you're you're disturbing the peace and you know we're we're very concerned about it, and sometimes they will just prosecute you for saying the wrong thing online. I was think it's so funny, Andrew, do you remember early Trump day they got essed early Trump's first term, they got obsessed with that show.
Speaker 5: The handmaide tail.
Speaker 4: Yes, and they were talking they were going to put all the women in the Yeah, the Christian nationalists are going to put all the women in the handmade.
Speaker 3: Costumes and such a good point.
Speaker 5: And I just think about that, and then I see these clips from from Dearborn.
Speaker 4: They literally want to bring in as many Nikab wearers as possible, which is even more restrictive than those till.
Speaker 3: Really good point. Actually we should make that point more loudly. Here's some more footage. I don't know if this is in Dearborn or in New York, but you can tell me after you see the clip. This is a guy casually admitting that he has he approves of Hesbela. Two.
Speaker 9: I finally could to speak to someone actually from Lebanon, because a lot of people, you know, they assume what you guys want, and they assume. So my question to you is, like, where do you stand on which government is it? Is it Hesbalo or is it something else? Like where what's going on? Actually I'll tell you truth.
Speaker 7: Yeah, BUTLA yeah only protects Lebanon.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If there's no BUTLA is gone Lebanon, right, Israel will take it over. That's the only thing keep yeah, Bulla, don't cause trouble. Oh, Habulla, don't cause trouble. So these are people, these are your neighbors now thanks to mass migration.
Speaker 9: When he says that Hesbola doesn't cause trouble, why doesn't he ask the over two hundred Marines families who lost their brothers, their sons in the Beirut bombing. I mean he is pro terrorism. This is a this is a terror group that has killed over two hundred American Marines. And I asked him, do you want United States to be allied with Hesbela and he said, hell yeah, so it's happening.
Speaker 6: It's here.
Speaker 3: Jeez, that's a that is actually a really shocking just to think about if they actually do gain political power and the rise of what we're already seeing on the Democrat side. Oh yeah.
Speaker 9: If I can just add one thing about that really quick. When I asked him who he was voting for, he said, what do you think?
Speaker 3: I'm Arabic.
Speaker 9: So this is a voting block. It doesn't need to become a majority for us to live under the DSA. They need to get maybe double the amount again one more time, and then that's it. If you look at in the year two thousand, we had a twelve hundred Moss in the United States and now we have thirty two hundred. It continues going. At this rate, we will live under the DSi.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's a really interesting point too. I mean I was about to make the point that imagine how our foreign policy is about to shift. You know, are we going to form alliances with Hesbelah? Is that like where is this where this is going? And like you know Hamas. But there is another point that you're making, I think, Nate, that is really important. You don't need a majority. These people will fundamentally transform the country when they get to ten percent, when they get to fifteen percent. And by the way, that is exactly their plan. They want to outbreed us, they want to outbreed us, and they want to migrate to US. Go ahead, Nate, final twenty seconds.
Speaker 9: If you look at if you look at the UK, right, So they've got a Muslim mayor, and they've got a Muslim Home Secretary who's in charge of immigration police. So and even in Birmingham, I asked them, you know, you got thirteen new Muslim counselors in Birmingham, thirteen new Muslim counselors. So you do not need to be a majority of the of the whole country to get what you want.
Speaker 11: America. Okay, if we don't want them to implement secularism, so what do we want them to implement? They say that America.
Speaker 6: Now, okay, there.
Speaker 11: Is not enough Musliums for them and to implement this. But now it is our the challenge as the art, as intellectuals, as academic to present solutions based on Islamic values, but in the second level degree not to tell them replace cecularism with Islam it won't work.
Speaker 3: So that is an Islamic scholar saying that there's not enough Muslims yet to implement sharial law and these we have to get more power and implement it. Little by little, they're telling us what they want to do, and you want to see what it looks like. Look at twenty five. This is play clip twenty five.
Speaker 4: It just always stands out to me how it's very loud and like very it's very intrusive public.
Speaker 3: And that's not Europe, folks, that's not Amsterdam or something like that, or it's not England. That's New York City. I believe that was Central Park too. Nate Friedman joins his host of The Nate Friedman Show. He's an independent journalist who's covering this all over the West, all over the world. Nate, what do you make of both those clips we just played. They're telling us their moves, they're telling us their play, they're telling us where they're going with this, but we're already seeing it.
Speaker 9: All we have to do is pay attention the people that are propping them up. The left needs to pay attention the most. Right, the people that are giving them a voice are the ones that need to pay attention the most. And something that you said that is very striking, Andrew, you said you had to show the audience this is not Europe. Isn't it quite something that you need to clarify that this mass congregation of thousands of Muslims praying out outside is not in Europe. You would you would think you would have to say it's not in Kabul or something, but now you have to specify it's not in Europe because there's been a takeover in Europe.
Speaker 3: That's a really good point. I didn't even I didn't even realize what I was doing, but you're absolutely right, they're taking over the Bronx. Though. This is some more footage that you have uncovered, and they're calling it Little Yemen. Little Yemen. YEMENI got a good place.
Speaker 4: I want a complete shutdown of new little countries until we can figure out what is going on.
Speaker 3: Uh St twenty three. I notice your tattoo.
Speaker 9: Could you say what it says?
Speaker 3: Say a mass?
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is Little Yemen. Does this look like the Bronx to you? I'm filming a YouTube video about Little Yemen. Can I ask you a question.
Speaker 6: Arabic?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: This is Ibrahim all omdi Way. So this was the former president of Yemen, and this street, the main street, has been renamed after him. If you didn't know that there was a Little Yemen, neither did I until Momdani made this map of neighborhoods around New York City, including Little Egypt, Little Bangladesh, and Little Palestine.
Speaker 6: But he left out Little Italy.
Speaker 3: Wow, I had not seen the end of that. He left off Little Italy in New York City, Oh yeah yeah, and replaced it with Little Yemen. This is what happens, Kash, just the erasure of America. Yes, so what part of the this is in the Bronx that they have little Yemen.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like I said, I didn't know there was a little Yemen, right, So it's important to remind ourselves that the Huthies control the capital of Yemen and their slogan is death to America. Another question for ourselves is how does a little Yemen? How does it benefit the United States?
Speaker 3: I think it's clear doesn't.
Speaker 4: All I can think of is just what it's New York, so they're not exactly gung ho on stopping fraud as is. There's a lot of Nick surelesque stuff going on there with adult daycare and other in the home health aids in New York, And all I can think of is, like what percent of Yemen's GDP is basically New York local, state, or federal programs for this or that that are funneling money into there and then they skim off a bunch of it and they send it back to Yemen.
Speaker 3: It's cultural suicide on so many levels. These people hate us. They want death to America. That gentlemen was saying Hamas. This guy's pro Hamas. They want to rip off our welfare system, they want to manipulate our civics system to ultimately seize power, seize wealth, and topple the American way of life, and we are something about letting it help happen. Go ahead, and Nate, So the.
Speaker 9: Guy with the Hamas tattoo get this. He wants Hamas to run the United States government and he's on welfare, so you're paying for his cost of living.
Speaker 6: Jeez.
Speaker 3: More footage from the Nate Friedman Show top twenty four.
Speaker 9: My first stop in Lil Yemen was the Bronx Muslim American Society Mosque, which just got a million dollars of taxpayer funds to build another location ten times the size, all while being an arm of the Muslim Brotherhood. More on that later.
Speaker 4: In this video, leaders at the center say the Muslim community is growing and an expansion is long overdue.
Speaker 9: So it says ICE law enforcement may not enter that judicial warmant by care New York no ice or lawnforcement, and yet they're taxpayer funded.
Speaker 6: Go figure, Well.
Speaker 9: I'm neither, So let's go in.
Speaker 10: This is the Islamic takeover of the Bronx.
Speaker 3: Jeez, we're paying for We're paying for our own demise. I just can't get over it. And we won't even let Ice get rid of the illegals. What did you see when you got inside?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I spoke to him. Man I actually brought my Koran with me and I talked to him about Sharia and he said, Inchila, Islam will take over the West and that he supports it. But he says, if we call a Sharia, people get worried. I said, well, that's what it is. So it was an interesting conversation. People can check it out on that channel.
Speaker 3: Inchila. By the way, we have a clip. We should bring it up the LSI ed saying, a lot of InChI law's happening. If there was one thing, Nate, that you could just shake everybody and get them to understand of what you've discovered in your reporting, what do you want people to know and understand at a more fundamental, deeper level.
Speaker 9: Sure, So in these in these neighborhoods I go to that have been overtaken by Islam, I don't see the progressive people that voted for it. I don't see them.
Speaker 3: Where are they?
Speaker 9: So I want people to think about that. You know, in a democracy, our voice is our vote, and we can make our voice louder by telling people what's going on, so perhaps they won't vote for an Islamis communists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you always got to wonder. There are fifty Muslim majority countries in the world. Why are they moving to the West. Is it for our freedoms? No, because they want to institute zero freedoms. They want to institute shari llah. They're coming here to conquer it.
Speaker 4: They want to take over a country that they could have never created on their own.
Speaker 3: Nate Friedman, thank you so much for this work. Thank you you for continuing to do it. I know it's it's hard, it's dangerous, but God bless you for doing it.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: Thanks for coming on, Thank you, thanks for having me. What a show. See you guys tomorrow. For more on many of these stories and news you can trust, go to Charliekirk dot com.