Speaker 1: Life Audio.
Speaker 2: Hey there, this is Marissa strit I am the CEO of Preger You, and you are about to listen to a special edition of fireside Chat with Dennis Praguer. Those of us here at preger You are continuing to do the very important work that we've been doing with him for over ten years. We are educating millions of young people online, we have state partnerships to bring our content into schools, and so much more. You can head over to peger you dot com to see the progress that we've been making. Also, I'd love to invite you to support our mission by donating to our five ZHO one C three. It is a nonprofit. Your tax deductible donation will go to an institution of higher learning that actually shares your values. So enjoy your podcast and thank you so much for all your support.
Speaker 3: Hi everybody, Dennis Praguer fireside Chat. For whatever reason, Snoopy has showed up. Maybe all the attention Auto gets my beloved Auto finally registered on Snoopy. On the other hand, he also is getting a rub, whereas Otto does not need a rub to be present. Anyway, Now you've had a chance to meet Snoop, good to be with you. This is a chance every week. This is what number one hundred and ninety. By the way, you know what that proves that this is number one ninety. I want to share with you something. It's the beauty of the fireside chat is spontaneity. Well, one of the beauties. It's the one hundred and ninetieth edition of the fireside Chat. It proves something that every young person should be taught very early. The power of habit, the power of repetition, of doing something regularly. I guess that's just another way of saying habit. You get so much accomplished, not by doing a ton at one time, but by doing something regularly. Good habits are really sort of the essence of a good life. One hundred and ninety fireside chat is a lot of fireside chats. But obviously I had one hundred and ninety weeks to do it, but I did it every week. It was a habit and it remains one anyway, Just a thought for you. Great to be with you. I always open, I think, always always open with a topic and then I take your questions. A few weeks ago I did a fireside chat in which I analyzed a video of John Oliver, why does he consider a late night comic? Is that? Is that correct? With his anti Israel diatribe on his show, it was a particularly intellectually shallow and morally shallow appearance, in my opinion, and I reacted to point by point with my own points and said repeatedly, I would love to debate John Oliver about the Middle East. After all, if you use your large audience to say certain things you should morally, you are bound to defend it. I am bound to defend anything I say. And if someone challenges me to a debate who has an equivalent audience of mine. I don't mean some guys who are rite on the internet, Oh Breaker won't debate me, and they have four hundred and sixteen followers. But somebody who has their own show or their own column, whatever, I would love to debate them on anything that I have said. So I said, why doesn't he debate me? And I'm very courteous to people that I debate. As my radio show thirty five years bears testimony to I said, I would go anywhere. I would pay the expense. He could choose his own moderator, his own city, anything, I'll go to his city, and of course I got no responses. I predicted he won't debate me. The reason that I raised the issue is this is really important avenue to understanding the left. They almost never debate, and they almost never debate because they cannot live with intellectual opposition. Left wing thinking is feelings. Feelings cannot go up against facts and logic. It's all emotion. It's all negative, often hatefilled emotion. But that's all it is. It's all it's ever been. The left doesn't debate. The Left smears if you differ with them, you're a racist. You are what I called twenty years ago six HERB, six hirb, sexist, intolerance, in a phobicchomophobic, islamophobic, races, bigoted. The list is much longer today, but that was the list twenty years ago. You are all these things, So we don't debate you. We just label you. That has been done ever since Lenin in the Russian Revolution. That is all they have done. They don't debate, and you, especially those of you who are younger, just need to know this. The reason they don't want us at your campuses is that they are afraid that if students hear us for an hour and a half they will change their minds, and they're right. That is a very legitimate fear because left wing ideas that America is founded on racism, that America is founded and fought the the American Revolution to perpetuate slavery, that America is systemically racist, that blacks and women and people of color are all persecuted in the United States. This is all false. Of course there's racism in the United States. It's like saying that you know, there's there's something bad in every human being. Of course there is. So what does does that mean that America is racist? There's anti semitism in the United States, but it's not an anti Symitic country. I say, this is a Jew who's written a book on anti Semitism. They won't debate us because they can't debate us, and deep down they know it. So what they do is they talk people into believing, why would we would debate racists? Well, I'll tell you one reason to prove that we're racist. Would that be a great opportunity. See John Oliver doesn't know anything about the Middle East nothing. I'm totally convinced of it, and so he knows he would never debate me on the Middle East. And by the way, he's right when I said he won't debate me. I was as sure of that as I was that the sun would rise in the east the next day. But you need to know this. When they have cancel culture, it's because they're so afraid that people will become aware of what we have to say. Whether it's about about ivermectin, or whether it is about system racism or police brutality, or every one of their subjects. They know deep down that they don't have an intellectual or moral like to stand on and then but that they do is they convince themselves not that they're afraid to debate us, but that there's no reason to. But of course there's reason too. We're a certain that we're right as they are that they're right. But we're totally open to debating. Why is that? Why are we open to debating the left but the left is not open to debating us because we know that we'll win. Not win in the sense of a TKO or a knockout or a split decision in a boxing match, but in the sense that with people here both sides, our side will make more sense and have more facts Charles Mblou writes hate filled columns about America. Every dime. He writes a column in The New York Times. He's basically wit in run one colum five hundred times, and it's about how evil America is, how whites are just spectacularly racist. Would he debate Larry Elder? I would pay ten thousand dollars to Charles Blow to debate Larry Elder, a black conservative. He would never debate Larry Elder. It would end his career. He would look like the fool that he is, namely one left wing New York Times columnist, would debate anybody? Would Thomas Freeman debate me? I would pay him ten thousand dollars to debate. This is the way it is. They just smear and cancel. Now you know why that should tell you something. They are afraid of us intellectually, they have every right to be ok. Hel oh Caduke, Let's go to question number one. Yes, that's the video question.
Speaker 4: Well, my name is Roud Nadir, I'm eighteen years old and I'm from Gilbert, Arizona. Dennis, I was just curious to know what your thoughts are on third wave feminism, and obviously we all believe that men and women are equal when it comes to opportunity, but when it comes to biology and work ethic. I was just curious to know what your thoughts are on that area.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Okay, so briefly I could do we should do maybe one on feminism. But first of all, I don't know how third wave feminism differs from second wave or first wave. I'm not being cute. I really don't know what is the intellectual difference, what is the ideological difference. But anyway, whatever it is, maybe it's just a chronological statement rather than a an ideological statement. So I have a lot of problems with feminism. I don't have a problem with the idea that men and women are equal before God and before the law. That's such a given to me that I don't even think that time needs to be spent on it. The capacities of both both sexes are essentially the same, you know when I learned this. Interestingly, I didn't have a sister, so I didn't grow up with girls in my life. But I've always been a music lover, and some of you know I conduct orchestras periodically. I'm very involved in music and I'll never forget this was transformative. I used to listen to the classical music station where I grew up in New York City, and they once did something on one of their programs where they had music critics listen to recordings and then react to them. So they decided to do an experiment. They had the same exact piano piece, I don't know, it's Beethoven, whatever, Bach, and they had let's say, five versions, and they would ask the panel, and there these were professional music listener critics tell us if this is a male or female pianist, and there was absolutely zero I couldn't tell. They couldn't tell. And these people listened for a living, and they could hear the every nuance in the interpretation of a piano piece. And I realized that was a very I was in high school and I realized, Yeah, the capacities of the two sexes are the same, not the capacity for every single thing. Obviously, there are ways in which women and men differ, and thank god they do. I'll give you, I'll give you. Look, the obvious is physical, okay, But putting physical aside, here's an interesting difference, I believe, and I think most couples with a child would acknowledge this. The woman is much more likely to awaken if the baby whimpers. She marvels at the fact that he could sleep through it, and he marvels at the fact that it woke her up. Am I right, Rodrigo, Yeah, Rodrigo is a is newly fathered and is probably living exactly what I'm saying. I suspect when your baby you're you're out to the world and your wife is out of there. Like Cape Kennedy, the woman right exactly. I mean, there are differences, but capabilities that that is largely speaking, pretty much a non issue. Okay, so everyone with a brain has accepted not just a brain. Everyone who is a clear thinker wants to be a clear thinker. There are people with brains that don't think clearly. Knows that the sexes are equal, but they're not the same, by the way, thank god, they're not the same. It is one of the delights of life that we differ in more than just biology of the body. But feminism did teach that men and women were the same, and that has played havoc with both sexes because, on the one hand, they taught that, so for example, they told young women for the last fifty years that they should pursue career just like men do, and that will bring them happiness. But it has not brought a lot of women happiness. When at fifty they call my radio show and they they have great careers, but no husband and no children, they don't call up to tell me how happy they are. Otto is leaving the room. I hear by announce, Rodrigo, you want to allow the star of the show to leave. I don't know. It's hard to say why he's leaving, but there were there. He's there. We had pre show excitement for him. That that is correct. The prager, you giant version of Otto was here and it spooked him. So telling young women career will bring you happiness.
Speaker 1: Was not.
Speaker 3: Wise. It brings some people happiness, but not most, not as much as a in terms of women, as a husband and a family as difficult as husbands and families are because human being are difficult. And another thing that feminism told women when it told them that they were the same was that their sexual drive is similar to that of a man, and that just like men are very happy to have non commit not committal be essentially emotion free sex. So to women, and you can go from partner to partner just like men do, and you will love it. Well, most women don't love it just the way it is. Some women do, there's no question, but most women do not. It is not in keeping generally with their nature. So feminism did a lot of damage, and it's done damage in another way, the obsession with the me too. Now I have zero Not only do I not defend sexual harassment, let alone sexual assault, which is evil, but I actually haven't engaged in it, which is pretty remarkable for a man of my age, going back to a time when it was more common. But I always thought it was wrong to say something inappropriate to a woman, especially in a work atmosphere. I just assumed that. But in any event, it's gone. It's gone too far where men now, young women are telling me this. Men are afraid to ask a woman out to as we would say in my time. Maybe they still pick up a woman at a Starbucks now, because I'll tell you why. They are told, Oh, wait a minute, it was an unwanted advance. Well, how does a man know if an advance is wanted or not until he makes it? He doesn't know if it's wanted or unwanted. Now, once it's unwanted, it's unwanted. But nevertheless, I'm not talking about physical.
Speaker 1: Action.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about just starting a pick up conversation. But men, men are now afraid to do that. And it's not because they're all whimps. There are a lot of wimpy men, but that's not the reason. It's because they they have reason to fear that they may well be charged I don't mean necessarily legally, but morally in every other way with oh, y know, it made want unwanted advances, and indeed the woman may even mention it on Twitter, who knows, So that's gone. That's gone too far. And finally, I charge feminism with not really caring about women. I've said this, or I've said this my whole life that feminism is much more anti man than it is pro woman, and I've never changed my mind on that one. But one example of not being pro woman is that I know of no feminist movement. I know of feminists, but I know of no feminist movement that has come out in defense of girls in high schools who have to compete against biological males, who say they're female in sports. This is not anti transgender. It's a typical example of the left not debating but smearing. To say that biological women should only compete against biological women is not anti trans It is pro fairness, It is pro decency, and it is pro woman. No feminist organization has come out in defense of these women at the Tokyo Olympics, which are scheduled. Whether they'll happen or not, I don't know, but New Zealand is apparently going to be sending a trans a trans women, that is, a biological male who identifies as a woman in the weightlifting competition the most obvious arena where men have a built in advantage, and so a biological man will be lifting heavy weights against biological women who cannot lift the same weights as males can. Is that fair? Of course, it's not fair. I'm tempted to say you have to go to college to think it was fair, which is probably true, which tells you something about what college does to the brain. Okay and Dresser forty one, Boston, Massachusetts. Hig Dennis, one of my daughter's fifth grade friends, came out as gay to her teachers and some classmates. The teachers embraced her, encouraged the classmates to make the girl feel comfortable in her skin. All seems well intended until you find out the parents are being kept in the dark about it. What are your thoughts? Love the fireside chat? Thank you, thank you very much. Well, there are a lot of issues here. First of all, it is mind boggling that the parents are being kept out of it, but it is not surprising. See the undermining of parental authority is one of the major features of all cults, and Leftism, unlike liberalism and unlike conservatism, is a cult, and one of the first things they do is break parental authority. They give it to the state. This is a perfect example that the teacher did not feel morally obligated to tell the parents. Your fifth grade daughter is announcing to everyone that she's gay. But that raises another issue as well, fifth graders knowing that they're gay. I don't know, it's an interesting question. A lot of gay friends, I'm going to ask them, did you know in fifth grade? In fifth grade, do you know if you're heatero sexual? In fifth grade? Do you think about heterosexuality and homosexuality or is it that in our age where these issues are discussed so early and the innocence of children is compromised so early. This has now become more common, which is what I think often the issue is Jalen seventeen, Alan Park, Michigan. Hey Dennis, I recently just started watching your show after seeing ads of them on YouTube. My question to you is why do you think people decide to choose the left even though they divide our country and spread corruption? Which is all true? Also, Pineapple on pizza, Thank you. As to Pineapple on pizza, My wife likes it. I thought it was inedible and then I had it and liked it. What am I going to say as to as regards the first part? What was that about? Oh? Yes, why do people choose the left? The left is the default position, you know, you know, like there's a default mode on your computer, there's a default mode in society. If you don't think issues through and just feel you will probably be on the left. That is the way it works. For example, let the government take care of people is a very very nice proposition. It sounds right correct. Let the government feed people, pay for their health care, pay for their college education, pay for everything in their lives, pay for their children's lunches and breakfast at school. This sounds without thinking, it sounds moral and beautiful and compassionate. So the default position for those who feel is going to always be left. There's another reason people prefer to be taken care of to liberty. In the choice between being free and taking care of yourself, or less free or unfree and having the state take care of you, most of humanity will choose to have the state take care of them and give up freedom. There's no question liberty is a value, not an instinct. That's why there are very few free countries. But there are very many countries and big governments. That's the default position of the human species. Take care of me, I'll give you my freedom. So leftism, for very many reasons, is the default. All right, let's see here, Wow, a twelve year old Rockville, Maryland micah. How can you defeat the left in an argument? If conservative arguments are based on reasoning and logic, while left wing arguments are based on emotion and feelings, you can defeat them. But they won't debate. That was ironically, that was my opening statement. It's not hard at all. But if they don't debate, that's very hard to defeat anybody in the debate if they don't debate. Zai in twenty six Pulaski, Tennessee hel almost the prager. In a couple of your more recent fireside chats, you have mentioned that you do not agree with the idea of unconditional love. Correct In support of your view, you reference the condition between God and man to accept his son in order to retain eternal life. I don't recall using that example. I might have, but I'm not Christian. I'm Jewish in belief. I'm pro Christian very much so, as you probably know. But I don't know. I don't remember using that particular example. I've always heard God loves the sinner and not the sin. Yeah, okay, so God's love. Does God love require our acceptance of his son? Or does God love us no matter what is and is willing to let us make ourver say? So, maybe I did use that, maybe in speaking about Christians, because I don't even think Christians should believe in unconditional love. I don't know what the biblical basis of it is. I don't know what the logical basis of it is. I don't know what the moral basis of it is if love is given unconditionally, then love has been removed from moral considerations. It is becoming the only a moral act in life. That's what you're saying. There's no moral quality to love, no matter how despicable, cruel, vile you are. I love you just as much as I love the kind. That means love has no moral quality to it. It's bizarre to me, just bizarre. You really think it's an ideal to love torturers as much as Mother Teresa. I don't get it, and I mean it. I don't get it. It's not a matter of hyperbole or rhetorical device. I don't get it. It is better to love the kind. It's a moral ideal to love the kind. That's my belief. What to me, the idea that God is in heaven, and it's sort of like an air conditioner. Air Conditioners are a moral right. They condition the room if a hitler walks in, and they condition the room if the Mother Teresa walks in. Correct, right, So that is how people who speak of God's unconditional love to me are speaking about God. He just blows his love onto everybody equally. It is irrelevant how people treat other people. I don't know where that's from. By the way, if you check it, it's very interesting. Google has a fascinating graph on the use of terms in books and magazines and newspapers in the course of the last one hundred years, from the beginning of the twentieth century. Years and I looked up unconditional love, and the graph goes like this, so virtually nothing, nineteen hundred, virtually nothing, then a little climb, then a little climb, and after the nineteen fifties it's like a mountain. The use of the term unconditional love skyrockets after the fifties when people became stupid. And that's it cracks me up. It's like perfect. The timing is perfect now with people. The joke is as America got more secular, it spoke more about unconditional love, not as it got more religious. When America was much more religious in the beginning of the twentieth century, people didn't talk about unconditional love. So so much for those of you who are religious and think it's a religious idea on conditional love, unconditional love is a secular idea that I utterly reject, and it's a religious idea that I utterly reject. I don't know. I don't know exactly how God figures out whom he loves or not. But it's very hard for me to believe that God looks upon people who who massacre other human beings. I love you, it's just I don't. I don't. I don't see it. And you know, people say, by the way, people say, well, it's like children. If your children murders, you will still love you, will still love that if your if your child murders, you will still love your child. Well, first of all, it's not a fully analogous thing, because we are humans and humans are flawed, so I'm not sure that that is a perfect analogy. But even then, I'm not sure that it's true. There are plenty of parents who have seen behavior and children and don't love them quite as much as they did earlier, or quite as much as they love their good children. Let me put it to you this way, if one of your children murders another one of your children, it's hard for me to believe you will love that child quite as much as you did before. Because remember, we're all God's children. So the person who tortures another person is one child of God torturing another child of God. So I'm not I'm not even sure that the child analogy among humans quite works out. There are parents who have given up on their awful children, and I mean doesn't mean that they won't welcome them if they come back. God welcomes us if we do penitence. By the way, if God loves me anyway, why be penitent? If I have God's love while I continue to kill, rape and murder, well that's the same thing, murder, rape and steel. Then why stop? He loves me anyway? I got a lot of our im it's against the idea. You know what my favorite verb is? I mean near the end? Are we at the end? My favorite verb? Did I ever tell you? You know? Right? Do you know? You both know the E word? It's hold together?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: You know, people, it's a very fun thing to do. Ask what is your favorite four letter word?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you ask young men, we all know, and so we won't even go there. So let's leave out the sexual for a moment. But I think people would say love, right, A lot of people would say love, and I would not. I would say ern. Ern is a beautiful word. I want to earn love I don't want. I don't want unconditional love from anybody. I don't want it. I don't want it from my kids. I don't want it from my wife. What does that mean? No matter how I behave? So if I come home, you know, and and beat up some members of my household, just mistreat everybody, you will you will love me the same. By the way, I don't even think it's a good idea. If you think your spouse will love you no matter how you act, you're not going to act as well. I think emotional insecurity is very, very good. I don't want you to be fully secure in the love of people. I'm not fully secure that my my my syndicator, my radio syndicator will hire me every time my contract comes up. And that's a good thing. Every single day I think, after thirty five years, this better be my best show or my job is on the line. I do better because I don't have an unconditional contract with my with my employer. If unconditional love is good, why isn't an unconditional contract good? Think about that one. Till next week. Dennis Prager, thanks for being.
Speaker 1: With me tomorrow on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager.
Speaker 3: Audrey, i'mon Waitesburg, Washington. Hi, Dennis, what do you think about assisted suicide? I noticed you avoid this topic. I don't think I've avoided it, but I don't talk about it much. But I don't think I've avoided it. I think it's something we must speak to. Everyone is compassion for those suffering and pain who are terminally ill. However, pain management is the answer, not assisted suicide. If you took if you look at the expense or the experience, my glasses are in need of a reading glass part better than I have. Anyway, if you look at the experience of every nation where it's been tried, you'll see it is indeed a slippery slope. In Canada, oh poor Canada. It goes under the ever so comforting acronym of made medical assistance to dying and let me see lost my spot here and the let's see it goes under the ever so comforting acronym of medical assistance and dying, and the abuses are so frightening. Senior's report being told they could move into assisted living or or chose or choose that's they spelled it wrong, or choose suicide. Disabled people living in poverty are eligible. Two disabled women on welfare were unable to receive housing that would meet their unique needs. Ever, helpful Social Services suggested they take advantage of the offer of assistant suicide, which they did. I'm laughing because what a suggestion. The words mature miners are now being discussed, so depressed teens can receive the assisted suicide since having a psychiatric illness will soon make one qualified for made m aid, which is their term for medical assistance in dying. It's an important topic my thinking. Only those convicted of a capital crime should ever be put to death. There is a good reason the hippocratic oath says, first, do no harm. We do not have the wisdom to dispense death to others. The potential for abuse is staggering. As the mom of a disabled son who loves his life that could be euthanized tomorrow in the Netherlands, I feel we must speak up. It's an extremely difficult subject and there's certainly no perfect answer. I'm convinced I'm not an absolutist in the no camp, and I'm certainly not in the yes camp. My brother is the head of medical ethics at an Ivy League university. He's a doctor and I the last I spoke to him about it. His position was it should be illegal, but doctors should figure out ways to do it when necessary and just not be prosecuted. That's my position. There are times when the only truly merciful thing is to put somebody to death, But those are Those are not normal times, but they exist.
Speaker 1: Join us tomorrow to hear more on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Pragger. This has been Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Visit Dennispragger dot com for thousands of hours of Dennis's lectures, courses, and classic radio programs, and to purchase Dennis Prager's Rational Bibles. We want to take just a second to thank the team at Life Audio for their partnership with us on the podcast. Go to lifeaudio dot com to find dozens of other faith centered podcasts and their network, including shows about prayer, Bible study, parenting, and more.