Speaker 1: Welcome to today's podcast sponsored by Hillsdale College, all Things Hillsdale Hillsdale dot ed or. I encourage you to take advantage of the many free online courses there, and of course I'll listener to the Hillsdale dialogues, all of them at Hugh for Hillsdale dot com or just Google, Apple iTunes and Hilldale Morning Laurin And in greats America, I'm Hugh Hewitt. Welcome to my program for it every day here on the Salem News Channel from three to six live TV on Roku, Pluto TV, Amazon, Samsung. Also can watch at SNC dot tv or Hughewitt dot com. I'm on the Salem Media Groups radio stations across the country. Also, I'm Wonderful Affairly It's from east to west, north to south, hundreds of them. Thanks to all of you for listening, and a special welcome to my c Span two audience tuning in this week as we do a one week fill in the middle of summer. This, however, is Break the Glass and Pull the Alarm Day. Last night in Florida, a radical Democrat from the Democrats Socialists won the tenant nomination. Her name is Angie Nixon. She raised less than a million dollars. She won on the strength of the DSAS take over the Democratic Party, and she is a revolutionary one. Just one small part of her agenda. Cutt number for Angie Nixon on Morning Joe with Willie GUIs And what about another national position, which is the free movement of people, which the DSA means open borders.
Speaker 2: They say, that's what that means. Do you support open borders into the United States?
Speaker 3: I support a comprehensive and clear pathway to citizenship for folks. I believe that border patrol should make sure that they are securing the border.
Speaker 2: I believe, though, that there needs to be a.
Speaker 3: Clear, comprehensive and compassionate pathway to citizenship, especially for folks like Haitians and Venezuelans and Seerians.
Speaker 1: That's her most rational statement. The DSA hates the constant I played that for you yesterday. Their Central Committee member, playing Robespear, said we hate the Constitution. It is an obstacle in our way to centralize democratic control. Now, I want to run down for you briefly my other life. In my other life, I'm a law professor and my first class after taking role in getting to know the students is the revolutions they need to know, and we start with revolutions in civil wars. Right, That's what defines big movements. The DSA wants a French Revolution or its derivative, the Russian Revolution of nineteen seventeen, of the Chinese Communist Revolution of post World War II they went, However, they're truly French revolutionists. That was not the first revolution. The first revolution was the English Civil War that was from sixteen forty two to sixteen forty nine, ended up with Charles the First losing his head and a dictator, Oliver Cromwell. The second revolution was the Glorious Revolution of sixteen eighty eight. The king had been restored after the protectorate fell apart because the Englishman did not like having a dictator. James the Second of England was exiled in the Whig Revolution Bloodless Revolution coup run by about ten to fifteen people. William of Orange and Queen Mary came over from the Lowlands and they became the new monarchy to fight Louis the Fourteenth. After the Glorious Revolution came our Revolution, the American Revolution that begins really in seventeen sixty three. And runs all the way to seventeen eighty one. But seventeen seventy six is the declaration of independence. It's the big break. Chaos followed the end of the war, and we eventually had to restore order via the Constitution Convention in seventeen eighty seven and its ratification in seventeen eighty nine. It has provided ordered liberty and a pathway forward from that time forward. It had the original sin of slavery in it. Abraham Lincoln ran for president in eighteen sixty saying, we have to end slavery. We have to do it a constitutional way. We will not take any one rights away from them, but will find a way to end slavery. The next revolution was the Confederacy's revolution, but I'll come to that in a moment. After the American Revolution gathered steam and succeeded in seventeen eighty nine, we have a constitution. The French through a revolution seventeen eighty nine to seventeen ninety nine. Ten years of hell, ten years of mobocracy, ten years of Robespierre and the guillotine everybody under there. Yeah, they killed Louis the sixteenth Yeah, they killed Marie Antoinette. They killed everyone. They killed every aristocrat around. Finally Napoleon rolls in. What happens after you have a French revolution, you have a dictatorship. The next revolution I mentioned is the American Confederacy revolts against the United States Constitution. It's a long and bloody civil war eighteen sixty one to eighteen sixty five. It is suppressed. The restoration after that revolution goes on into nineteen sixty four in the Civil Rights Act because of bad decisions by the United States Supreme Court. But we continue to perfect our union. Ours is a divided government. Ours is a liberty loving land. The DSA hates our constitution because they want a French revolution where they are the power, where they have the central authority, where they get to decide everything. There is no Senate, there is no checks and balances, there is no individual liberty. There is the mass, the community, the dialectic. It became from the French Revolution. Lenin picked up Marx translated marks for Russian, imposed it on the poor Russian people in nineteen seventeen, murdered the Czar and his family in nineteen eighteen. The Russian Revolution lasted from nineteen seventeen till nineteen ninety one. It was hell on Earth for Russia, for the Soviet Union, for the Soviet Republics, for Eastern Europe, ended up in tyranny and despotism. It spread to China. Mao took it a step further. A lot of the DSA people are Maoists again, one person mau, one person, changing people and exiling them, Struggle sessions everywhere, crazy stuff. There are a couple other revolutions you gotta know about. We've got a couple in the Islamist world. They've been going on with the Muslim Brotherhood in Sunni Islam and with Hominiasm in Shia Islam for the last one hundred years. For variety of reasons. They are not what the DSA wants. So the DSA makes common cause in the Red Green Revolution. But last night, when Angie Nixon won, the Democratic Party reacted two ways, with fear and trembling. Because they do not control their party anymore. They ran Eugene Bidman. He's anti Trump completely. TDS made his bones, betraying Donald Trump, riding him out from the National Security Council, starting impeachment I. He carpetbagged into Florida, raised more than I think fifteen million dollars and expected to walk in over Angie Nixon. Angie Nixon beat him like a drum, and she did it being a leftist. Let's go back to a couple of Angie Nixon and cuts. Here she is on the Florida State House. She's a Florida State Rep. She's a lefty crazy dsay or cut number one, screaming with a bullhorn. Yeah, that'll work on the that'll work on the United States Senate floora Here she is on Rolling Mark and Martin's Unfiltered podcast, cut number two.
Speaker 3: And what that looks like is passing common sense legislation.
Speaker 2: Like medicare for all. Healthcare is a right.
Speaker 3: We should not be allowing people to deny life saving medical procedures or medicine because it's hurting someone's bottom line.
Speaker 2: All right, we need some.
Speaker 1: Make that's idiocy, but Medicare for all is a slogan they like. Here she is on with Morning Joe, cut number five.
Speaker 4: I'm going to ask you where you stand on defunding the police, abolishing prisons, and opening up the border again, do you support any of those propositions?
Speaker 3: So what I support is making sure that we have law and order in this country, and that starts with making sure there's a full release of the Epstein files and that we hold people.
Speaker 1: Accountable Epstein files. Got that police law and order means Epstein file. Here she is with Jen Saki cut number six.
Speaker 5: Who remember the Democratic Socialists. There are a lot of candidates who have won in primaries who are members of the Democratic Socialists as well.
Speaker 6: You are also running.
Speaker 5: Though in a state Florida has as you well know, and a lot of people are watching though, a large population of people who fled countries like Cuba and Venezuela who may have a very unfavorable view of the term socialists, and they may not know you yet. So how what is your message to them? And how are you going to appeal to them because you need to win them over.
Speaker 3: To Yeah, so I'm going to continue to work hard and go and knock on every door and have conversations with people, even if they may not agree with me ideologically. I want to be clear, I just recently joined the Democratic Socialists of America, but I'm also a union organizer. I'm a mother, i am a wife, i am a community organizer, a small business owner, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to have actually since she joined the DSA, the DSA hates the American Constitution. She should know that. Last night her victory whoop cut number eight.
Speaker 3: And so I look forward, Ashley Moody, so taking you on into whooping you in November, and you will be calling me your senator.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's going to happen, Ashley Moody. Senator. Ashley Moody was elected twice as Attorney General in Florida. She was appointed to fill the ark vacancy created by the appointment in Marco Rubio to the United States Secretary of State. Ashley Moody, I'll play her clip a little bit later, going right after the fact that this is the radicalization of the Democratic Party. You cannot vote for one Democrat cycle anywhere up or down the ticket, whether it's Angie Nixon in Florida, abdu Elsayed in Michigan, Troy Jackson in Maine, James tall Rico in Texas, I'm forgetting one of them, Peggy Flannagan in Minnesota. Their Senate candidates have all gone, like their House candidates, to the squad. They are crazy revolutionary, French revolutionary. It is not in the American political tradition. We do not believe in violence, We do not believe in destroying the Constitution, at least we never have before. And now the Democrats have been taken over by a clique that no longer wants to abide by the Constitution, wants to destroy the Constitution. And they are open and upfront about it. They are candid, and I give them credit for that. We'll talk with Mike Collins about how John Ossa fits into that in Georgia next on The Hugh Hewitt Show. Welcome back to America. I'm Hugh Hewitt, please to welcome Congressman Michael Collins. He is the Republican nominee for Senate in Georgia. And all eyes went to Georgia this week when John Osoff stopped being beige. He's the beige thundator from nowhere who says nothing. And this week he took a shot at a friend of mine, Natalie Art, and the world came down on his head because it was such a jerk thing to do, mean, spirit, slanderous, and he has not yet apologized, he's backed away from it. Congressman Mike Collins, what did you make about that? What was he trying to do and do Georgian's cotton to that kind of stuff.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, this I think this is even beneath politics, and you know politics has a real low bar anyway. But all he's doing is just political theater. He's just playing to this far left fringe that has taken over the Democrat Party and the pattern is very clear. You can see it out there. This will be the DSA candidate for president if they can keep him in this uiss And that's why we're out there ringing the bell as loud as we can to make sure that people across this country see just exactly.
Speaker 8: Who this guy is.
Speaker 7: And when you see what he said about Natalie and she has nothing to do with this campaign, but yeah, it just goes to show how he do moralizes and demeans and dehumanizes women.
Speaker 1: Now let's talk a little bit about us off overall, he's always had like a lucky life until he came up against you, Mike Collins. He always took on week week candidate. You're strong candidate, you got a good war chest. What's your website? By the way, where can people help you out? Volunteer in Georgia because we're on all over Georgia.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know who. They could go to, Mike COLLINSGA dot com. Look us up, join the convoy. Now, I'm in the trucking business, and that's why we call it a convoy. Get out there. Help us midterm elections. They are all about turnout, and we need help making sure that the voters turn out. We do that, we're gonna beat this rascal.
Speaker 1: Now, Mike. Last week yesterday, actually, Patrick Raffini, one of the great posters in America, did a thirty year look back at Senate polling and found that in three quarters of those polls they are biased towards Democrats, a specially in August. So I don't pay any attention to them. How does it feel to you? Are the polls capturing your momentum and the closeness of this race? Because John asofs never had a walkover ever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, and he's never had a glove put on him. He's never had anybody to go up against him, because he didn't have anybody in a primary. We came out of a very tough primary, a very tough runoff, and then to be down. We were down twelve thirteen points during the first poll and now we're only down seven, so you know, he's spent ten million dollars on TV ads already. And for us to be gaining like we are doing, I mean, I think it just shows that the people of the state of Georgia are really paying attention. Even though it's August. They usually say Septembers when it cranks up. But for us to be gaining momentum like we are right now, and the national help out there is coming in, they're already here, Senate Leadership funds and all that they are motivated and ready to get in and help us win this thing.
Speaker 1: Now, I think that last night Angie Nixon winning in Florida opened a lot of people's eyes to the fact the Democrat prays, gone nuts. Do you run into Georgia voters, especially in communities of color, that say, this is not what we want a business, we want a chance, we want safe streets, we want a normal America.
Speaker 7: Sure we do. We run into it. It doesn't matter who it is. And in our minority coalitions, all of our coalitions out there have been going strong, whether it's moms from Mike, veterans from Mike, it doesn't matter. Asians, for Mike, We just we have a number of coalitions, but everybody, you hit the nail on the head, they want the same thing. They want. They want a safe environment for them and their kids. They want to be able to have the opportunities to chase their version of the American dream. You know, they want things to be affordable. And when you look at the two people that are running in this race between me and John Isof, I mean, this is probably the most crystal clear race in the country. It is the number one race in the country to flip. But when you look at us, you don't have to take either one of us work for where we stand on any issue. Just look at our voting record. You can look at our voting record and tell the John Osof is responsible for these high prices, for your healthcare going sky high, you know, for the borders being wide open that allowed these criminals to flood into our country. You know, people like Jose Ilbera that murdered Lake and Riley right here in my district. He's responsible for that. Then when he had the opportunities to change path and go with the rest of us to get this taxes under control and to put more money back in people's pockets. No, he was willing to double down and put high taxes on top of high prices. And it's because this guy is a trust fund kid. He's never had a real job.
Speaker 1: And you just mentioned Lincoln Riley. I got to tell the audience at a trail had that I had walked with at Fetching missus Hewett a few times. In McLean, Virginia, near Great Falls, a forty two year old mom was stabbed to death yesterday by the man that's been suspecting the illegal El Salvadorian immigrant who would in custody in the Biden administration at the border and was released into the interior of America. Killed a forty two year old mom with a daughter. I don't know anyone trusts a Democrat ever again after the collapse at the border for the last four years of Joe Biden.
Speaker 7: You know you And if you take a look at John Ossoff and the and and the way he is disparaged women over the course of his career, you can go back all the way to lacoln Riley. Now, he never helped lift a finger to get that piece of legislation moved. Wouldn't wouldn't even say her name. And then then when President Trump had Lincoln's mother at the State of the Union address and we stood up to give her respect, he just sat there. So there is a strong pattern of this guy and and just how he demoralizes and demeans women in this country. And it's just one of a pattern that that that falls in line with this DSA movement that is out there. I mean not only what he sees, but but how he votes is just so in line with this Democrat Socialist of American movement. When a guy votes ninety two percent of the time with Bernie Sanders, we have a problem here people. When DSA opens an office in Atlanta, Georgia, and they don't have but one candidate down here that they'll push, that is John Asoff. When John ASoft goes to Michigan and puts his support in wait behind this Abdul Lsied, the DSA candidate up there, he is not only promoting and recruiting those DSA people, He's one of them.
Speaker 1: And I believe is what this race is coming down to. I think all the Senate races have become one Senate race, which is, if you vote for the Democrat, you're voting for a radical French revolution kind of burnt all down Democratic Party that I'm seventy years old. I've never seen this in my lifetime. Mike Rogers, have.
Speaker 7: You no, you know, you're exactly right, and you take you look at there's probably only ten, maybe twelve percent of the country that right now that looks at this from that standpoint. And that's a huge amount because there have been come You can go back and look in history at how many countries have been overthrown by less than twenty percent of the population.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's a revolutionary moment. One more time on the website, Congressman soon to be Senator Mike Collins, where do people go to find out about you?
Speaker 7: There can go to Mike COLLINSGA dot com and look us up and join in with us. We'd love to have you, Hugh. I'm going to be your next US Senator from George. I'm going to win this race.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to talking to you as Senator Collins and having you on a Senator Collins, thank you, Senator. Stay tuned to the Hugh Hewitt Show. Welcome back to America. I'm Hugh HEWITTT. I'm joined now by one of our great sponsors, American Legislative Exchange Council's President, chief economist John Williams, is on the phone because he's got lost his internet connection. Connect join us by video today on the Salem News Channel and c SPAN. But Jonathan is a very good looking man, even though he's from Michigan. And next week you can see him live here. There's his pictures. A very good looking man. He's got very good news for us because I have been fretting over the Arizona Best in the Nation's school choice which the teachers unions were trying to kill. Tell us what happened, Jonathan.
Speaker 9: Well, the good guys won one this week, Hugh in Arizona where really you and I had talked about this a lot. I was out in Arizona this year talking with all of our great ALEC members. Arizona's a powerhouse ALEC delegation, and the teachers unions have come up short, as ruled on by the Arizona Supreme Court confirming that the number of signatures did fall short, and significantly so of the total needed that they were going to take to the fall ballot and make a huge effort to try to repeal one of the nation's longest standing and most effective education freedom programs, and it would have been a travesty to the one hundred thousand plus students that have now been able to participate in that program, really just being a game changer for so many of those students and their families. And so this is something as you are very familiar with, ALEC launched and leads the Education Freedom Alliance, and back before this was certified for the ballot, we released an ad talking about the benefits of school choice for Arizona. And I'll tell you what. It would have been a massive problem across the country if Arizona's program would have gone down this fall. And so this is a major victory for Arizona and major victory for school choice in our movement across the country.
Speaker 1: Now, Alex sent me some details that I want to share with the audience, Jonathan. To get an initiative, even a bad initiative, under the ballot, you need two hundred and fifty forty nine signatures. The anti school choice gang in Arizona submitted what they said were four hundred and twenty one, four hundred fifty four hundred and twenty four hundred and fifty one signature. Turns out more than two hundred thousand of those were bad. They were ineligible, they were duplicates, they'd been collected by illegal signature collectors, and they fell at least ten thousand short. And the Arizona Supame Court for how can you be that bad at cheating?
Speaker 9: John, Well, that's a great question, and it really does, though, make you think that is all the progressive left Hue. Their playbook, as you know, is to go across the states, try to subvert the democratic process and try to put all of these big progressive policies straight on the ballot that sound great and yet being horrible policy outcomes. They did it through supposed independent, nonpartisan redistricting in Michigan that turned out to be one of the most aggressive gerrymanders in the country for the progressive left. They do it on minimum wage, they do it on Medicaid expansion, and so I think this teaches all of us an important lesson is conservatives across the country is check those signatures and make sure that there's not a whole lot of funny business going on, and there clearly was in this case in Arizona.
Speaker 1: So John then a radical leftist won last night in Florida won the Democratic primary. She is a DSA or I bring her up because the national debt got the forty trillion faster than anyone and all she's talking about is Medicare for all. That would be another four to five trillion dollars a year and it would ruin healthcare. Do they think we're crazy?
Speaker 9: Well, I think they know. Being in Michigan last week, I saw the signs for mister Elsaad there, the radical leftist that we've talked about on the show before, and on his sign was Medicare for all. That was the simple message. They think it works politically, They think that people don't see through that. I think they're wrong. I think Americans are seeing through it. The's so called Affordable Care Act under Obama has clearly shown not to be the case, and this would take it even to a radical new dangerous degree. And to your point view here, we are now going to hit forty trillion dollars of debt probably this week. This is not something that could be sustainable. The problem for Congress, of course, is so much of this is done on autopilot, and so the efforts from the Trump administration of getting to waste fraud abuse through the Task Force on Fraud doctor Oz's efforts. He came to speak, as you know, at the ALEC Annual media. The work being done by russ Vote and the OMB is all very, very important, but we've got to tackle some of these big drivers, and this, of course, the Medicare for All proposal would take that in the absolute wrong direction in terms of costs.
Speaker 1: To get there, ALEC is not part of some but I'm a Republican. To get there, we need sixty two sixty three Republican seats. Every Democrat you vote for is a DSA or this year, and John knows. In Michigan that's a DSA versus a normy Republican race, and in Florida it's a radical dsay or versus a Normie. Ashley Moody, I think a former ALEC member as well, Jonathan Williams, always good to talk. Welcome back to America. I'm Hugh Hewett, joined up by Sarah Bedford of The Washington Examiner. She's political investigations that are there, Sarah. I want to run through the midterms with you, but a quick local story for Beltway people like you and me My wife and I have hid the Great Falls McLain trail Head a lot of times. And this morning when I read a forty two year old mother, Carmen potch Puch was murdered by an eighteen year old illegal alien, Alexis Antonios the Dios Campos with a blade knot. They worked at the same restaurant in cold blood. Doesn't that make your blood run cold?
Speaker 10: It's really terrible. And in this area, I mean, I live in Fairfax County, which is Steve Descano's jurisdiction.
Speaker 11: He's the Soros backs DA.
Speaker 10: Around here, you just hear story after story of people let out of jail who had violent pass who had no business being on the streets, and also of illegal immigrants who had no business being in the country committing crimes around here. I mean, it's really tragic, and the most angering part is easily preventable types of crimes.
Speaker 1: I think this may end up being one of the issues that merges into the DSA summer. And now we go to the DSA summer. Last night, Angie Nixon defeated Eugene Benman despite having raised less than a million dollars. Vinman had fifteen million dollar She is a DSA or through and through. She's the first statewide DSA. L Saeed was Hassan Piker in a different body suit. So DSA adjacent the else I had Piker tickets now below forty percent, but Peggy Flying and James Tallerrico, Troy Jackson. I'm skipping somebody. I suppose it's Chris Pappus in New Hampshire. Democrats have lost control of their party. The DSA is running their party.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they have people all over. You had some who won in Colorado, some in New York congressional races. And the problem for establishment Democrats is that they don't seem to have any answer for what it is that the DSA candidates are selling, right, I mean, the DSA candidates are catching on because they're focusing primarily on economic issues, and even though they do have these crazy leftist social views, they're not focused as much on them as as past progressives have been, like during Peak Woke, and so establishment Democrats haven't really come up with a way to talk about those same economic issues or offering any kind of competing vision. And that's the challenge for Republicans is to one expose why those economic proprosals from the DSA candidates will never work and have never worked anywhere they've been tried, but also have that compelling answer to the economic concerns.
Speaker 1: Do you think that they're all got one thing in common? They chant Medicare for all. That means single payer, single player is driving one hundred thousand Canadians out of the country on a permanent basis every year. Single payer is broken in Great Britain. Obamacare didn't work. It made everything worse twenty years ago. Do you think Medicare for all is a winning pitch to people, especially those who know someone on Medicare and tells them it ain't really great.
Speaker 11: Well, the problem is that health care affordability is top of mind for a lot of voters.
Speaker 10: I mean DSA candidates who are really harping on Medicare for All, which I would argue is probably like one of their more sane proposals. They want to dismantle the Senate and the Supreme Court in all kinds of other US institutions, but health.
Speaker 11: Care affordability is a really big problem.
Speaker 10: So that goes to the DSA candidates who are able to identify what is driving voters and come up with these specific answers to the voters. Republicans have to come up with something right. And that's the problem with the Iran War in the eyes of a lot of Republicans is that it kind of distracts them from being able to coalesce around some sort of coherent, unifying answer to these concerns about healthcare affordability and other issues like that.
Speaker 1: I think Mike Johnson has made the issue a choice election between the Democrats and the Craig left wing Craige left wing Democrats and the moderate center right Republicans. That's what he's trying to do. I think the framing is right. President Trump's leaning into Iran. But I want to go back to the hatred of the United States Constitution. I played a clip a few times this week of the DSA National Committee. I'm not sure if the guy was the chair or just one of the five. So we hate the Constitution. We got to get rid of the Constitution. That means they're French revolutionary. They believe in centralized national power. That's an anathema to America. Do you think that's changed at all.
Speaker 10: I think every time that you see these DSA leaders get national exposure on any kind of even friendly podcast. It's really embarrassing for them because their ideas are so far outside the mainstream and it just sounds like what like high college students would be talking about in a dormitory late at night. It's just shocking that it's a potent political party in today's America. But the more exposure their ideas get, I think, the more that normal swing voters will reject them. The challenge is not letting the DSA members stay focused on the topics that might be kind of popular, like Medicare for All that.
Speaker 11: Is obviously catching on.
Speaker 10: It's a reason why these DSA candidates are winning, and that mass the far more radical ideology behind it, which is dismantling the entire American project.
Speaker 11: And that's what opponents of the DSA, even.
Speaker 10: Other fellow Democrats who are more mainstream, can't lose sight of.
Speaker 1: Will l saeed effect make it radioactive for Flanning in Minnesota, Troy Jackson and Maine, John Ossoff in Georgia, Pappas in New Hampshire, because he's below forty percent now in the most recent poll today. That takes some work for a Democrat to get below forty percent in Michigan because he's against taxic masculinity in football, he's against the fourth of July. It don't the like mackinaw Island and yesterday attracted the Woodward Boulevard Dreamer Cruise, dream Cruiser. It's the craziest anti Michigan Michigan campaign I've ever seen.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Democrats have to be secretly fuming about this guy, right because they already had an uphill battle to retake the Senate. They needed to hold every seat that they had, which includes Michigan, and then they had to pick off what four Republicans, and so to be vulnerable in Michigan where they.
Speaker 11: Hold the seat right now really complicates the math.
Speaker 10: It might even wipe out their chances of retaking the Senate altogether.
Speaker 11: And I mean, for what I'll say, I doesn't really seem to.
Speaker 10: Represent any constituency of the Democratic Party that's going to help them in twenty twenty eight and beyond to repair its brand with normal voters in places like Michigan.
Speaker 11: So it seems like kind of a worst case scenario for Democraty.
Speaker 1: It represents Hassan Piker Twitch subscribers, and there aren't enough of them to get to one percent in Michigan. Sarah Bedford from the Washington Examiner. Follower on Exit, Sarah C. Bedford, reader in the Washington Examiner. Follow me to the next segment, and this week we welcome our Sea Span viewers, se Span two. I believe I go heavy on candidates. I like to talk to candidates. And the next one is a real keeper for this year. Michael Wattley. Michael is a Republican nominee in North Carolina. He's on with me monthly because I think he can win. Not a lot of Democrats feel worried about this, but they should. Michael, You're running against the only quote normal Democrat. Last night, Angie Nixon won in Florida and the Democratic Party has fallen to the DSA. What does Roy Cooper say about his party, which had been taken over by French Revolution radicals.
Speaker 12: He's glad to see it. Roy Cooper is a card carrying member of the radical extreme Democrats. He is going to have the exact same voting record if he were to get into the Senate as James tall Rico, as Abdula l said, and miss Dixon down in Florida. So no, this is a guy who has always run on the radical side of the Democratic Party, and he's going to be very comfortable there if he gets into the Senate. Fortunately, North Carolina is not going to vote for the worst governor in the history of North Carolina. They're going to send a conservative champion up there to Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: So, Michael Whiteley, we've got a new audience. Introduce yourself please, and tell people where they can find out about you.
Speaker 12: Sure so I am. I'm out of North Carolina. Grew up in a little tiny town called Blowing Rock, North Carolina, five hundred and thirty four people, and you know, went to church, I went to school, and I worked and worked all the way through college, worked all the way through law school and graduate school. Been married for twenty six years, three great kids. Had a chance to work for President Bush. Worked as Elizabeth Doles chief of staff. And I'm really excited about being a conservative champion for North Carolina.
Speaker 1: You also were the chairman of the Republican National Committee. You know that parties have to be big tents. The Democratic Party blew out the flaps, Michael Wattley. They really have gone over the left edge. Are voters aware of that? In North Carolina.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they're learning it right now. I think you know, President Trump carried this state three straight times in twenty sixteen, twenty twenty, and twenty twenty four. We've won the Senate races here. North Carolina does not want crazy left. They don't want crazy extremists like Roy Cooper. You know, this is a guy who fought harder for criminals, illegal aliens, and men who want to play in girls sports than he has the people of North Carolina. He's always wanted to raise taxes and send that money to Raleigh. Now he wants to spend it, send it up to Washington, d C. So you know, we've got a very clear contrast in this election. I'm going to fight for North Carolina. I'm going to fight for common sense values, and Roy Cooper is going to fight for radical, extreme liberal ideology.
Speaker 1: Roy Cooper and Charlotte have made the news more often than any other state for terrible, horrific crimes. But Virginia's catching up this very morning, and a trailhad in McLain at the edge of Great Falls, a trail I've walked with my wife forty four years. Many times. An illegal alien murdered a forty two year old mother in cold blood in McClain. And you know, Michael Wiley, that's a stunner. It happens on your metro system in Charlotte. Do you think the people have forgotten two years ago or where all these criminals came from? Not at all.
Speaker 12: You know, the fact is that Roy Cooper had two policies that kind of came together horrifically in North Carolina exactly one year ago this week. His revolving door that he put in place with cashless baled pre try release put criminals back on the streets again and again and again. As soon as the paperwork was done, violent criminals were put back onto the streets twenty thirty, forty to fifty times or more. And then he released over forty two hundred criminals, hardened criminals out of North Carolina's prisons because he didn't want them to get COVID. And among those criminals was a guy named de Carlos Brown Junior, who was then rearrested and re released thirteen more times before he got on a light rail car last year, almost one year ago this week, and brutally murdered Arena Zerotska, a beautiful Ukrainian refugee. It was on cam. It is a horrific video, and he murdered her in cold blood, and her blood is on Roy Cooper's hands. I wish that that was the end of the story. But there's twenty four other families right now who have empty seats at the table every Thanksgiving, every Christmas and every Easter going forward because Roy Cooper put those criminals back on the streets to commit their crimes.
Speaker 1: Now. I don't get to Charlotte often, and I haven't been in a number of years. It used to be a fairly relatively safe and sleepy banking center of the South. What's happened to it?
Speaker 12: Well, Roy Cooper let forty two hundred hardened criminals out. Now twenty two hundred of them have since been re arrested. And fortunately, as soon as Arena was murdered, I called on the state legislature to pass legislation to roll back Roy Cooper's soft on crime policies.
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 12: They they voted in Arena's law, and Roy Cooper's protege, Governor Josh Stein, who is a Democrat, actually find that important legislation to roll back Roy cooper soft on crime policies, so we're getting it back under control. But Cooper really did put criminals in charge, whether it's in Charlotte, Raleigh, or anywhere else across the state.
Speaker 1: And I want to remind, especially our national audience or I see SPAN audience that don't normally see that. I want to remind them what happened in western North Carolina with the hurricane, because boy did Roy Cooper drop the ball with Joe Biden. Two balls dropped North Carolina still paying the price out in the western part of the state.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, Roy Cooper wasn't even in North Carolina when Hurricane Helene hit us on September twenty seventh of twenty twenty four. He was up in New York City at a climate change gala ball. He showed up a week later, held a press conference, and then completely turned his back on the people of North Carolina. He vetoed hurricane recovery legislation, and what we saw from Joe Biden and FEMA was an absolute disaster. President Trump has asked me to help make sure we get federal recovery going down here in North caarea. Since he came into office, ten point seventy five billion dollars in hurricane relief that we've brought into western North Carolina. Ninety nine percent of the roads, ninety nine percent of the bridges have been rebuilt. We've got the water systems. The wastewater drinking systems are up and running. Towns like Chimney Rock and Lake Lure are back open for the summer season.
Speaker 2: It's a miracle.
Speaker 12: Now, we're not ready to declare mission accomplished by any stretch of the imagination, but there's a lot of work that has gone into this very strong and very resilient part of the state since Roy Cooper and Joe Biden exited stage left.
Speaker 1: So last question Michael Watley Yesterday, the very respected pulling data gate. Patrick Raffini, he's a PhD, put out a study of thirty years of Senate pulling. It found in more than three quarters of the races there are biased polls for Democrats, and they are at their most biased in the August of off year election. Meaning whatever poll is about Roy Cooper and Michael Wattley right now is the worst polls that you'll deal with. Do they in any way cause you to lose hope or energy because they're all fake?
Speaker 12: No, not at all. I mean we saw in every single poll in Tom Tillis's two Senate races, he trailed, and yet he won those races. Ted bud Led was losing in every single poll and he won his race. Richard Burr was losing in every single poll and won every race. I mean, heck, go all the way back to Jesse Helms never let a pole, never lost a race. Right now, the polls show us about four points down. Historically you will see about a five to six point shift in those poles, as Patrick Graffini talks about. So we feel very good. And I've been to all one hundred counties across this state and I have talked to people in the mountains, people at the coast, people in the cities, people in rural areas, and the one thing that I consistently hear from everybody, they want a champion. They want somebody who's going to fight for them. They know that Roy Cooper's going to fight for criminals, He's going to fight for illegal aliens. He's going to fight for men who want to play in women's sports. I'm gonna fight for law enforcement. I'm gonna fight for our families. I'm going to fight for our faith. I'm gonna fight for every community in North Carolina. That's what the people want, That's what they're going to vote for in November.
Speaker 1: And what is the website? Michael Wattley Michael Wadley dot com.
Speaker 12: They can follow me on x at WATTLEYNC, but Michael Wiley dot com. They can sign up, they can support us, and they can also volunteer there.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Michael, Thank you, I should say, mister chairman, good to see you again. Tach you next month as we get a race update every month from Michael Wattley. Thank you, sir. Welcome back to America. I'm Hugh Hewett. United States Senator Jim Tallan, now retired from the Senate, Senior Fellow at the Reagan Institute Center for Peace through Strength, knows his way around campaigns. He's been listening to the rhetoric Angie Nixon dsa hardliner Medicare for all. Jim, I'm not sure what they think they're doing, but they're going to drive a dagger through the beating heart of the center left Democratic Party by making it the French Revolution Party.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I imagine Ashley Moody's pretty happy today. But you know, you we got to run strong campaigns, and I think it means, among other things, taking on this whole affordability issue. Because you want to talk affordability. You remember what inflation was in twenty twenty one, which was Biden's first year. You officially it was seven percent. It was actually higher than that. They were fudging the numbers. It was six and a half percent in twenty twenty three. It never got as low in any year under Biden as it was in Trump's first year. So if you want to solve the affordability question, and we got problems with it, you don't want to elect the people who made everything unaffordable in the first place. And I just you know, it's drug.
Speaker 1: Down the campaign GYM. Medicare for All is the only slogan that El said in Michigan, Nixon and Florida, Troy Jackson in Maine, Plan again in Minnesota, tall Ico in Texas, Pappas in New Hampshire. That's the only thing they say is Medicare for all. It doesn't mean anything other than ruining medicare.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll tell you why they're saying it. You you have to understand how politicians think. So they have to say something that appeals to this DSA wing now than the ones who are dsay, yeah, they want to do that. The others like pampas. They've got to do that. And this is the only it's only a slogan, This is the only one that polls reasonably well well. The reason it polls reasonably well is because it hasn't become visible enough for senior citizens to understand what it means. What it means. It's a dagger at the heart of Medicare. They're going to defund Medicare, which they've been trying to do. Go back and look at Obamacare, how they were going to pay for the original versions of it. They want to defund Medicare and build this new government program they may call it Medicare or not, and dump everybody in it, and it'll be a out as affordable. It will be less affordable than the Affordable Care Act. So, I mean this is I'm on Medicare now you I really don't want them to destroy Medicare. I mean, you know it's Medicare has its problems, but you know it's it's provided pretty good healthcare for tens and tens and tens of millions of people for a long time, and we don't want to mess with it. I mean, the basic problem they've got you is, if you're going to have a nationalized, a socialized healthcare system, and even the serious proponents of this will admit it, you have to have everybody in the system. I mean, it doesn't work otherwise. And that means Medicare has got to go. It means private health insurance, big company insurance that people like it's got to go. It means state and federal employee health.
Speaker 1: Care, right care has got to go. Union play you have been negotiated around decades have to go. So, Jim, you were talking to miss the story on drug prices. What happened to drug prices?
Speaker 8: Well, they went down three percent, which is the biggest drop in drug prices in sixty years. And when I saw it, I couldn't believe it. I didn't recall a single year when I was in office when drug prices went down at all. And this is the result of a very focused effort by the administration. Is a number of things they're doing. I'm not an expert on it. You can get people on it who are experts, but part of it is We're no longer going to subsidize all the lower drug prices around the country so that our consumers end up paying higher prices pardon me, around the world, so that the Canadians and the others can get drugs at lower prices. They're doing a series of things, and you this manufacturing boom we've talked about, this is coming. Productivity is up, investment is up. Real income for families is already up by about three thousand dollars. And when you start what is what?
Speaker 1: So I just want to say, interrupting ran I would run the campaign, and I think Mike Johnson is doing. It's a choice between center right Republicans doing free market solutions and deregulation and left wing radicals who are who actually have said they hate the Constitution. And you know, I think most Americans like the Constitution, Jim Tellan, I think they like liberty.
Speaker 8: And what do you think A big, a big feature of the average Republican stump speech needs to be that, And whether you're running explicitly against one of these people or not, because as I said before, I mean those who are not in the DSA now have to energize that wing in order to win whether they're not going to I mean, you're not going to have Papus in New Hampshire talking explicitly about abolishing all the prisons or abolishing the police, or getting rid of the constitution. So they'll pick and choose among in the DSA platform amongst try and pull out some things they can sanitize, and they'll talk about that. And so this is where the quality of the candidates comes into play. This is where you have to have a powerful, credible message that focuses people on exactly the differences that Mike Johnson was talking about.
Speaker 1: Did you see Patrick Graffini study yesterday one of the academic posters the average bias in more than three quarters of the races in the Senate is five and a half percent, and it's worse in August than any other time. Did you always run into that where your Senate numbers always giggly and august and ridiculous.
Speaker 8: Well, you I paid attention generally speaking to my own numbers, and other was what we were doing internally. And one of the reasons for that is you could see trends over time. And of course I trusted my polster, but I mean it was a different time you. I mean, it's been twenty years since I ran, and I think the polls were better now. Part of this we have to be fair. It's just harder to get a hold of the kind of samples you need. I think it's probably also harder to turn out models. But I'm I'd be surprised if there wasn't a lot of bias built into that as well. So it is a I saw your tweet on it. I didn't actually read the story, but I wasn't surprised by it.
Speaker 1: Now would you penal If you're a university Saint Anselom or Marquette, and you do a poll and it's wrong by more than the margin of error? Would you continue polling? I think it's bad for your university.
Speaker 8: I think I'd hold my pollsters accountable, and you know, i'd make them tell me why what went wrong and why do they think it won't go wrong again? And they're good polling, you know, Henry Olsen is good. There's a lot of good ones out there, but they're and of course what you're reading are typically averages, so you're getting the good ones, but it's also averaged against the ones that aren't so good.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm I thought Raffini's piece ought to go far and wide around the world. Jim Talent, Senator, good to see you to our c Span audience. You've seen Jim Talent for years. Falling on exit. Jim Talent one of the easiest X to remember. Jim Talent. Follow me the next segment of Today's Hugh Hewitt Show. If you've listened to this program for any length of time, you know I appreciate companies that deliver real value without unnecessary gimmicks. That's why I'm please to recommend Consumer Cellular. They offer reliable nationwide coverage, outstanding customer service and plans. It simply makes sense. Right now, you can get a brand new five G phone and an unlimited everything rate plan for fifty nine dollars a month or even less. That's right. Your low monthly price includes your new device and an unlimited talk, text and data plan with thirty six month easy pay financing. Choose the five G phone that's right for you, and when those thirty six months are up, you own the phone. The companied unknown you. Here's an exclusive bonus for my listeners for a limited time. Use the promo code you fifty and you'll receive an additional fifty dollars off your service. Visit Consumer sailor dot com slash shoe today to find the right phone. Enjoy affordable wireless with an unlimited plan for fifty nine dollars a month or less. That's Consumer Sailor dot Com slashe and remember to use the promo code Hugh fifty to save an additional fifty dollars.
Speaker 13: Lovely on Salem New Featuring one of Charlie Kirk's final interviews, The new documentary Can You Hear Me Now investigates modern profits and their divine messages.
Speaker 2: Some people absolutely have the gift of prophecy. If God exists, how would he inject his information into our world? More than likely he would use humans. Satan would love Christians.
Speaker 6: So just be a spectator, not engaged, not participate.
Speaker 2: Is there something he's trying to say? Can You Hear Me Now?
Speaker 5: For you?
Speaker 13: Order the movie by September tenth, save twenty five percent and get the DVD free at salemnel dot com.
Speaker 14: When a nation drifts, the church faces a choice silence or courage. This weekend, Salem News Channels America two fifty film series presents Letter to the American Church. Based on Eric Maattax's warning to believers, this film challenges Christians to recover conviction, truth and moral courage. Saturday and Sunday at seven pm Eastern on Salem News Channel SPAN.
Speaker 1: Visitors, we're here for a week. Glad you could join us on c SPAN. And this is special because I have a first time guest, Spencer Claven. Now I've known Spencer's father for a long time, but I haven't interviewed Spencer before. Spencer, you're here because last week I had been Domina Chan said, Ben, I need young, smart people with sparkle and brains who can talk. He said, you want Spencer. Claven said done. But uh, there's a couple of tricks that go along with us. Spencer. First of all, you're an associate editor at the Claremont Institute. You're with the Young Heretics podcaster. You got a brand new book out called let Me Get It Right. I want to make sure you get it exactly what it's called, Away with Words, Away with Words? Why language makes humans? They're replaceable? Away with Words? But Spencer, before we go to Away with Words, I got to ask you. My two opening question was ald your hiss a communist spy. See what good good? A lot of people freeze on that number two. Have you read The Looming Easy?
Speaker 15: Oh boy, you know what this is? Embarrassing you. I read portions of it about when I was in high school. But it's been a long time, so I got.
Speaker 1: To get on that. It's the keystone tech for our time. Now. I want to talk about it a way.
Speaker 15: I'm sorry that misled you in this way.
Speaker 1: You're a serience scholar, You're an Oxford guy. Tell us about your education.
Speaker 15: Sure well, I am a classicist through and through for my sins as penitents. I grew up in a house filled with books.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 15: My dad as a literary man as well, and I was very blessed to be surrounded by just a beautiful home library. And we had this rule at home that you couldn't organize the books because that way, when you went looking for one book, another one would fall off the shelf and you'd get missed, you waylaid, and you'd find something else you were excited about. So for me, from a very young age, you know, I learned that being surrounded by books meant being surrounded by friends, and especially the Greek and Latin classics. I was twelve years old lying on my grandparents' floor flipping through the Richmond Lattimore translation of the Odyssey, and so I never saw a chance, really, and you know, it was plus of course, it's such a lucrative career to go Greek and Latin, so I figured I'd make a pile. And you know, I went to Oxford, as you mentioned in my PhD in classics there, and I think because I had that background of it, I just described, you know, I was kind of inoculated against the idea that, it turned out was very current and trendy that actually old books are evil, They're the kind of oppressive and backward, and there they come from the time when you know, everybody was racist and sexist, and I just am in it for the love of the game. So, you know, I am one of those academics you're always hearing about. But I hope that I've kind of retained a sense that really, what this stuff is that I'm interested in is kind of a secret society across time and space of great minds that we get to be a part of.
Speaker 1: What is your ambition for a life as a public intellectual what do you want to achieve?
Speaker 15: I hope that if at my time on this earth does anything, I hope it will reconnect the average person with the liberal arts, and that is to say, the highest pursuits of the human soul. When you have taken care of your material needs, when your family is safe and comfortable, when your email chain is optimized, when you've got your supplement stack, or whatever it is that you feel like you need to kind of get in line. What are you going to do with your free time? What are you going to do when you're sitting at home alone? You're going to scroll through cat videos? Are you going to flip on a gambling website? Or are you going to enrich your soul with the best that has been thought and said? And I think making that alive for people again, clearing past a lot of the detritus that's kind of accumulated around that and some of the misuse. I think that the modern academy has made of its position in the world. If I can help people to reconnect with their tradition and with their inheritance, are cultural inheritance as citizens not just of America but of the West, then I think all have done my job.
Speaker 1: Oh, you all have done a great job, and I think you're doing it all right. We're going to skim along at seventy five miles an hour because I want to cover two more things at least. First, what's in the Young Heretics? What will people get if they like and subscribe to the Young Heretics.
Speaker 15: Young Heretics is the classical education. You didn't know you were missing a lot of us, I think myself, to some extent included, grew up without fully realizing just what riches are available to us in the tradition that we think of as the West. And when I talk about the West, I mean Athens, that is to say, the philosophy and the drama and literature of the Greco Roman world, and then Jerusalem, which is shorthand for the wisdom traditions of the great monotheistic Jewish and Christian practices. And so when you come onto Young Heretics every episode, every week, I spend an hour just cracking open one of those books. Right now, we're going through Dante's Divine Comedy, reading through the Inferno at the moment, and hopefully you know it's a high brow without being too stuffy, and we just we're called young heretics because we just dispensed with the current academic dogma that in order to understand this stuff you first have to perform acts of contrition and self flagellation for existing in the world American or a person.
Speaker 1: That is very attractive. Now, I want to turn to Away with Words, and the Lunch law from Frank Lunch is you've got to say the title of a book seven times, away with words, Away with words, a way with words, or otherwise someone listening is intrigued by the premise you're going to put out in three or four minutes here about what the books about it intended to do. They won't remember the title. So I've covered the seven Away with Words by Spencer Claven. What's it about, Spencer?
Speaker 15: The problem with saying this title seven times is it sounds like you might be saying away with words in spense with language, and that's the opposite of what I mean to say. I'm saying here's something that is very ancient but very urgent for the modern era with the advent of day I, and that is mankind is alone among the animals in his ability to use language. That's something Aristotle said but it's also something you find across many different wisdom traditions and civilizations throughout time.
Speaker 2: The idea that.
Speaker 15: Our ability not just to speak words, but to understand the order of the universe and express it in language makes us unique, makes us irreplaceable, As the subtitle of the book says, obviously, that's something that people are now calling into the question now that our boss seem to be able to spit out poetry and sonnets and other things that we thought only humans could do. But the book makes an extended argument that that's actually not the same thing as what humans are doing when we understand the word and when we connect with the order of the universe that we alone are able to discern, understand, and enrich ourselves with.
Speaker 2: So that's the book.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to read this and in fact, if your publisher will send me a copy, we'll talk. We'll do a book interview on a serious book interview. Brian Lamb taught me how to do book interviews and don't do a book interview unless you've read the book. And I really want to talk to you about that book, but I also want to talk to you about last week. Matt Continetti triggered me. Ask me if i'd read Russell Kirks The Roots of American Order. I can't remember. I did, I don't remember, but I couldn't get it. So I got the conservative mind, and I just finished the chapter on Adams last night and not I had forgotten all this because it's been forty years. Do you have a favorite conservative philosopher from modernity?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 15: Boy, I'm not sure if C. S. Lewis counts beIN. Oh yeah, he's British.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay. It was one of the most important books anyone can read.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you said that.
Speaker 15: Some people think that's kind of a deep cut out, but I completely agree. It's one of the great novels of the twentieth century. And I would say that Lewis is not just my favorite conservative intellectual. He is, in fact the greatest public intellectual of the twentieth century. And he sometimes slept on because he's so eloquent and intelligible, because normal people can read him with pleasure. But you mentioned that hideous strength, which I really think of as the fictional version of the abolition of man, which is his lectures he gave on fiction, and the two of them together could have been written about five minutes ago. I think the understanding and there what people do, how people destroy themselves when they give their their lives over to technology and materialism is just exquisite.
Speaker 1: So that would be how on the nose it is. It's absolutely creepy. So Spencer, are you a Catholic? Are you an Evangelical? What are you?
Speaker 15: Well, I'm not a Catholic, No, although I call myself kind of we'll work on that. I like to culturally appropriate catholic Yeah, well, I like to culturally appropriate.
Speaker 2: Catholicism a lot.
Speaker 15: You know Perry the Rosary, and I think it's, you know, one of the great intellectual tradictions. But no, I'm kind of a high Church Anglican. I was baptized when I was eighteen.
Speaker 1: We got to get you across the Tiber. Yeah, last question? Which college at Oxford?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 15: I'm modeling for my doctors college impact of course.
Speaker 1: And so you've been at Clermont for how long?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 15: This would be my seventh year. I think time time fly. So I'm the associate editor of the CRB and the director.
Speaker 1: You got to get the Hillsdale somehow. We got to talk. We got to work on that. Larry arn does what you do, but he's been doing it with me in the Hillsdale Dialogue weekly for the last thirteen years. And Spencer, we're going to have you back Away with Words by Spencer Claven follows Spencer on x at Surprisingly Spencer Claven and go look up the Young Heretics podcast and go order Away with Words. Spencer. A joy to meet you, Ben was right. I look forward to talking to you in a couple of weeks. Got to get you on the regular rotation here on the Hugh Hewitt Show. Welcome Back in America. I'm Hugh Hewett, please to welcome back. A Meet. Segal a Meet is the anchor of the Channel twelve Meet Depress in Israel. He's also their chief political correspondent, author of a fabulous book, The Call at four Am, that dives into the Israeli political system, and I hope to talk to him a couple of times in the last two months before the Israeli election. A Meet. Let's start with the Channel twelve Paul last Night, twenty four seats and coude to the Eisencott Party twenty two, who's like could fifteen two together? And then two headlines, Lieberman won't serve with the minority government led by Oisen Kott and the joint list at three Era party he still doesn't have or Ahman at the Islamist Party. Put it all together, what's it mean, Who's going to run our most important ally for American.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: So it's very very interesting and not as confusing as it might look in the first look. In order to win, one needs sixty one seats at the Connects out of one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 2: As we speak, no one has this number.
Speaker 6: NATHANIELO, according to most of the mainstream media polls, is legging way behind the Eisenkoten decenter left with something like fifty to fifty fifty two seats, which is going to be his worst defeat since since two thousand and six. However, according to Challenges fourteen polls, Child fourteen is like I don't know Foxies or news Max or seven. So NATANIAO is going to have his best victory in his entire political career. So it's quite confusing and it cannot be explained by merely the margins, etc. So I would like to stick to my Channel twelve poll which still shows that Eisencott will have hard times to form a coalition.
Speaker 2: Why because in order to be sworrying as.
Speaker 6: Prime minister, it will have to rely heavily on the non Zionist and anti Zionist Arab parties in Israel, and I don't think it's quite efficient in the long run.
Speaker 1: So mister Liberman declared today, at least I saw in the Times the visual he will not serve in a minority government. Does that mean a government that aigen Kott would put together with the Arab parties and the anti Zionist parties? He broughing out any coalition with the Arab parties and the Anti Zionist party.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, if we are to take Liberman's election pledges in its face value, so it necessarily means that Eisenhott's chances to form a coalition are closed to zero. However, Liberan has a record of breaking his election pledges, including the very election pledge to actually not.
Speaker 2: Sit with the our parties.
Speaker 6: It happened in twenty twenty one, and Liberman became the Treasury minister back then. So I would take with a grain of salt any election pledge, and especially Liberman's. On the other hand, in Israel. One must remember that you do not have to be the most popular party in order to become the next prime minister, because the game in Israel is not in the public but in the Knesset. As long as you have sixty one votes of Knessal members, you become the prime minie. Still, so if Bennett became a prime minister with nearly five percent of the popular vote in twenty twenty one, it necessarily means that Libean can become the next prime Ministeal with seven to eight percent of the popular vote. So had I bet on pony market, I would have invested in Liberman way more than the prospects he is currently holding there now.
Speaker 1: I mean, since I'm not only on Salem Today on the Salem Media Radio Network the Salem News Channel, I'm also on six SPAN Today a little experiment we're running during the summer for a week of broadcasting.
Speaker 2: So you're talking to a really so you're going to be famous few.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'd love you to explain what happens when no one gets sixty one. Because we were there for three or four years. It's sort of like musical chairs, except that, yeah, who doesn't get up? Well, how do you explain it the vision.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's the thing.
Speaker 6: Israel October seventh was and a tectonic with an earthquake. Now, earthquake usually happens when two tectonic plates collide. Now what are the tectonic plates colliding in Israel as we speak? One tectonic plate is many many Israelis moving rapidly to the right wing because they cease to believe in two state solutions after they saw what the Palestinian state.
Speaker 2: Of Gaza did to them on October seventh.
Speaker 6: And on the other hand, there is a huge movement or a huge shift of voters from the right wings leadership.
Speaker 2: That failed on October seventh.
Speaker 6: So while people adopt are adapted more and more the right wing opinions, they are disillusioned and disappointed by the right wing's leadership, which means that there are many people who are up in the air, undecided swing voters who haven't made their mind yet.
Speaker 2: And that's the outcome.
Speaker 6: The outcome is that you do not have enough votes for Nathaniao's block because he failed on October seventh. And on the other hand, his opponents do not enjoy a majority because people do not like their opinions because they belong to the center left. So that's the reason why no one gets sixty one. As far as I know, what happens if they are earning sixty one seats. One option is to go to yet another round of election cycle. It happened in Israel, as you have just mentioned, five times in three and a half years, and it's a nightmare for the country and for the electoral system. The other option is to have a government a minority, governments worn in so the agressive members, for instance, will be abstained, thus allowing Eisenkode to become the next prime minister.
Speaker 2: But it's way too early to call.
Speaker 1: So I mean, in the next segment, I'm going to ask you of the Israeli version of the meat the press host, what you're going to be asking the leading party candidates in the last few weeks of the election, the pointed questions that they expect from you from that. But right now, I just want you to opine's decide the selection and do we even know yet because there might be another flow up with the Iran war.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, so first and foremost this it's you know, to quote the ninety ninety two slogan with an Israeli a twist.
Speaker 2: It's the security, stupid.
Speaker 6: The main thing for Israelis is the security and their existence. So if the Iran war is going to erupt again, it's going to dramatically affect the election. The second thing is that people do not like Nataniel's alliance was the ultra authodox community in Israel that do not serve in the army and enjoys enjoy heavy subsidies, heavy government subsidies. On the other hand, people do not want to base the coalition on anti Zionist Arab parties. So I would say three things, One Iran and the second and third is who do you like the list, the Arabs or the ultra Orthodox. This is the question which is going to actually decide the election.
Speaker 1: Is ten seven the failure to have a commission a major issue in your mind, in many voters' minds.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: I mean, while it's crucial for Israelis to understand what really happened and who is to be blamed for the huge, devastating failure, I'm not sure this is going to be the question according to which the election to be decided. And I'll explain something really crucial about Israel. In the United States, people vote with you know, they have two ballots, maybe even three for president, for Senate, for Congress.
Speaker 2: In Israel you have one.
Speaker 16: And since Israelis have only one ballots to cast, it necessarily means that they are going to have only one consideration, one issue to actually consider while voting.
Speaker 2: And this issue is the security any.
Speaker 6: Other consideration topic, et cetera, economy, pollution is going to be inferior.
Speaker 1: I'm covered right back with a Meet Sagall to ask him what is Tim Russer at social security? Question is? For years, when Tim Russert hosted Meet the Press, he went after every presidential candidate by beginning, what about social Security? And he would drill down on that. We're going to find out what a Meet Sagall's got lined up for the Israeli candidates coming up. Stay tuned, Welcome back to America. I'm Hugh hewittt a meet Segaal is with me. He's the Channel twelve political correspondent, the host of Israel's Meet the Press. A meet in America. We've grown used to Sunday hosts kind of gigging Republicans and throwing softballs to Democrats. Tim Russer used to throw hard balls at the head of everyone, no matter what their party. What will you be asking people who would be prime minister in the next two months?
Speaker 2: Oh, I think it's not going to identical question.
Speaker 6: I would have asked the Prime Minister Nathaniel if when sleeping at night he dreams about the Medaled babies from the Kibutzim near Gaza, because Lieutenant never really answered questions about October seventh massacre and his responsibility. And I would ask Gardy, Eisenkotte and Liberman and Bennett if they really feel that their positions regarding the conflict in the Middle East actually fits the situation of Israel, because I'm under the impression that some of them do not really have do not really reveal what they really think about the pernicidian question, for instance.
Speaker 2: So I would drill down on this on these questions.
Speaker 1: Would you be asking them about how long in Lebanon and how long in Gaza?
Speaker 6: No, because to be honest, I don't think. I mean, I think history will actually mock us for asking the until one question, because wars actually are long and we got used to, you know, in Israel the sixth Day.
Speaker 2: Were the young Kipuwo, which lasted eighteen days.
Speaker 6: But wars are basically processes, and I don't want to be remembered in history as the you know, as the British corresponding asking Churchill after D Day, how long is going?
Speaker 2: Is it going to take a guitar is defeated, So.
Speaker 1: You're right, okay, Two more questions. One, when you sit down with the candidate, are you going to ask them about the reserves? Because I sometimes think the Howard Dean question is really the reservests are spent and is there any other way to do this? Because I spent five hundred, three hundred, five hundred days on duty? How do you find that question?
Speaker 6: I think that the question in Israel is not about recruiting to the army, because I can talk someone who doesn't believe in Zionism and the state of Israel to actually serve in the army. It's like trying to recruit a you know, Scandinavian to the is Ready army. What I would do is to cut the subsidies to the autrotodox community, because here's the thing. The Altrododos community as a general rule, does not go to the army, therefore does not go to the market, to the label market, and hence is heavily subsidized by the governments.
Speaker 2: So the tax payers actually pay twice.
Speaker 6: They go to the army and they pay taxes, and those taxes are funding those who do not go to the army.
Speaker 2: So all I would do is to cut the subsidies. I'll give you an example.
Speaker 6: I live in Jerusalem and I pay I think the highest amount of municipal taxes in Israel.
Speaker 2: Why because we have a very large proportion of an ultrotrodot community.
Speaker 6: That's why I think that if I want to subsidize someone, I prefer to subsidize my cousin who goes to the army and who serve who is sell so far four hundred days in reserves in levels of Syria and Gaza.
Speaker 2: Of course, I think it's about the money.
Speaker 6: In this in this case, and once you change the incentives, you'll see a change in the army too in a few years.
Speaker 1: A very last question, and maybe we got two minutes when Israeli go up and they pull that labor today, actually think about the Prime minister communicating with the world. Now, you know, how is a star like half of America hates him? Half of America loves him. But around the world at least you understand him. Do you have to be good at that in your view as part of the job.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: I'll give you an example, okay, In Israel, I know it sounds ridiculous, the level of.
Speaker 2: English, of English speaking is crucial for voters.
Speaker 6: I can tell you about many, many candidates who actually collapsed and crushed in the polls after you know, having their very lame English public appearances Airdom television. So this is very crucial for Israelis. And then always, you know, masters English even better than his zerbrow. Second thing is he is mister diplomacy. But then again, this is the twelfth round of Nathania running for office since ninety ninety six. And that's why it's always in Israel referendum about Nathaniel he is. You know, the entire question is always supporting and I will oppose him. And if you oppose Nathanieo, and he's quite a controversial figure, of course, you don't really care about who you vote for. I once, five years ago I said that even a toaster would run for office, it would have gotten something like forty five to fifty percent of the Publio vote in Israel because it's not about the toaster or about the Eisenholt or about Liberman.
Speaker 2: It's always about Bibby.
Speaker 1: That's remarkable. I sort of a la Kwan. You accept much more democratic than Lakwan you for Singapore, A mate Segal. You should get his newsletter it's noon in Israel. I read it every day. You should read his book if you want to understand this crazy Israeli system. A call at four am because a mets hobby is actually an electoral system. Second, I know, but I got a little bit of that too. I make goodness, say you, thank you so much. He's also on Dan Seniors Arc Media Call Me at Special Edition Insider Edition podcast. Don't miss that either. Stay tuned America. First ends with his head off and we end up with a dictator. Oh, Mary Catherine's here, Mary Katherine, I was just about to bore my audience with a revolutionary histories lesson on why the DSA is so scary. Well, the French Revolution is a scary thing. I don't think a lot of people know how scary they are, do you?
Speaker 11: Uh, it is very scary.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree that they don't want the Senate they don't want the Constitution. Let's go away from scary. Let's go to the new Getting Hammered podcast because we're on c Span, Mary Katherine, we broke into the you know, as James Lilac says, the weather channel for smart people a sea span, and we want them to know about Getting Hammered. And I think today's episode is an absolutely wonderful episode. The drop about dropping your kids off at college, and you know, I think we got to tell Vic's wife it's going to be okay. The empty nest is an illusion, number one. You agree with me on that, the emptiness's illusion.
Speaker 17: Well, I think you can see it in the people's lives around me, including Vic, that he still has an extremely close relationship with his dad and sees him frequently. So yeah, the family unit, although it will not be what it was, will continue for sure, and it will expand.
Speaker 1: I've just got rid. Didn't get rid. We just waved a fond goodbye to the last six grandkids who came through on this wave of grandkids. I want you know, by the time you drop your third kid off at college, I don't think they look back. I think they just put my trunk on the sidewalk and wave goodbye and they were gone. I am a little bit different from you on the dressing up of dorm rooms. One of my buddies from college, my college roommate, Mark Darren, president of Hobart William Smith College. Yeah, dorm rooms are a big deal. Now, that's how you get kids to come to your college. We got crappy stuff. Did you have good dorm rooms?
Speaker 11: Oh no, we did not at all.
Speaker 17: I actually went back to my dorm a couple of years ago and was dismayed at how nice it had become in my absence.
Speaker 11: We were just sender block walls.
Speaker 17: And you know, indif furniture and just you know, hang a couple posters and you were done that. That was how we did it. I don't know why the super fancy dorm rooms make me so cranky? Is it because I didn't have that.
Speaker 7: I'm not usually an envious person, but.
Speaker 11: I just feel like kits should slum it for.
Speaker 1: A little while. It's just social media. You didn't mention the worst part about moving, though, which is the refrigerator. Getting a refrigerator from part A of campus de party. I don't have to go up steps like you did at University of Georgia. But did you ever have to move a refrigerator with your dad?
Speaker 17: We did have to move refrigerator and it was, like I said, it was up steep hills every single time because it's Athens, Georgia.
Speaker 1: So good luck. Now I want the audience and c Span and note the only There are only two crossover podcasts in the Fetching Missus Schutt in my stream. One is Getting Hamored with you and co host Mac Madison. The other is the Acquired Podcast, which, for some reason my wonderful wife loves to listen to stories of businesses. You, however, hit the sweet spot. You're the morning show for any time of the morning. How would you describe it to the c SPAN audience? What is your objective with Getting Hammered?
Speaker 17: Our objective is to be two friends talking about the news. It is our job to be buried in it all the time.
Speaker 11: We hope it's not yours.
Speaker 17: And in the absence of it not being your job, we want to bring you some important news without bumming you out and without stressing you out for about an hour.
Speaker 11: That's the idea.
Speaker 1: Well, you stressed me out big time today. Betsy and I have walked on the McClain trail where the young mother was murdered. I don't know a half dozen times. It's not really a remote. It's kind of crazy what happened. I heard about it on getting hammered. Is Northern Virginia becoming, you know, Chicago.
Speaker 17: It's a problem. Steve Ascano, who is and this is not a red meat phrase, it's just real. Is a Soros funded prosecutor has these insane idea is about what to do with criminals in our area, including letting them free frequently. And I braced, as it is Spanburger, our governor's policy not to work with ice. I braced for the idea that whoever was murdered on this trail in this very nice part of town, a very popular area, at a trailhead for Great Falls, that it was going to be someone who had been let free, who was a violent offender in the past, or an illegal immigrant. And indeed it was an illegal immigrant at least the suspect that they have in custody right now. And it's because they are absolutely crazy policies in this area that allow people to reoffend and reoffend and reoffend. And now it's sort of broken containment from areas that the affluent people in the liberals in this area can They can't ignore it as much anymore if it's on the Great Falls trailhead, which is a big deal.
Speaker 1: He's a DSA adjacent prosecutor, so I want people to understand that's what the DSA stands for. Last thing, I didn't know that you were not an organized person until this morning. I thought you'd have to be organized with your media schedule. Are you kidding, Hugh?
Speaker 17: That's how I got into this job is because I mean, can anyone do it who's not scatterbrained? And like, my superpower is that once I'm in front of a camera, everything makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: But before the superpower, the good superpower, the Getting Hammered podcast. I recommend it to all the c SPAN viewers out there. You will not be disappointed every week. Put a smile on your face and a lift in your step. Mary Katherine and Vick have that very rare chemistry between housts that just makes you smile. Uh. And you follow Mary Katherine on exit MK hammer, that's an MK hammer. You see her on Fox News of course as well. Fox News contributed. Thank you, Mary, Catherine, I'll be right