Speaker 1: On today's episode of Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 2: Just like there is an hour each week devoted to happiness, We're going to devote an hour each week at this time on Tuesdays to the great Ultimate issues of life. This is the Ultimate Issues Hour, and I feel that the best way to inaugurate this series is with a great question that people that have not thought through clearly enough.
Speaker 3: That's coming up on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Welcome to Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Here thousands of hours of Dennis's lectures, courses in classic radio programs, and to purchase Dennis Prager's Rational Bibles, go to Dennisprager dot com.
Speaker 2: Well, hello, everybody, this is Dennis Prager, and I have a big smile on my face as I inaugurate the Ultimate Issues Hour. Just like their is an hour each week devoted to happiness, We're going to devote an hour each week at this time on Tuesdays to the great ultimate issues of life. Give it to me, Sean, give it to me. Yes, indeed, everybody, this is it. This is the Ultimate Issues Hour. Because I believe, in conjunction with happiness, that what people need is a philosophy of life. We need to be clear on the great questions of life, and that is what this hour will be. It's to take a great question, whether it has to do with religion, whether it has to do with morality, whether it has to do with human nature, whether it has to do with men and women, whether it has to do with whatever, the timeless great questions of life. And I think you'll love it as much as you love the Happiness this hour. Wherever I go, people tell me that that hour they just love it. They absolutely they don't want to miss it.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: I want you to feel that about every hour of my radio show, to be perfectly honest, But I have a particular affection for the Happiness Hour as you do, and I hope that it's likewise for the Ultimate Issues Hour, the ultimate issues of life. And I feel that the best way to inaugurate this series is with a great question that people that have not thought through clearly enough, and that is the question of are people basically good? Are people basically bad? Are people basically in the middle? And I learned long ago in my radio life. Long ago I learned that the difference on the views on that one issue perhaps more than any other single question will help people determine whether they are liberal or conservative, whether they are writer or left, whether they will have a liberal or conservative position on most social issues. Hey, listen, If you believe people are basically good, here listen. Clearly, if you believe people are basically good, if we are born good, then you will attribute human evil to outside influences. Why do people murder? Why do people rape? White do people? Why do people burglarize homes? Why do they mug? Why do they do all these evil? Well, if we're basically good, something must have distorted that person's goodness. But if you believe that we're not basically good, then you'll say that, well, the person who murders, the person who steals, that person is in fact giving in to his nature because it's natural to kill, it is natural to steal, natural to rape. So it is a huge it is one of the great, huge questions, And that's what I want to talk to you about on this Ultimate Issues Hour A. People basically good or not? Now Here are the different positions as I have learned them over the course of my lifetime. There are those who believe, and they tend to be secular people there are those who believe we are born basically good. They are very fond for example, of quoting Anne Frank, the famous Anne Frank from the Diary of Anne Frank, the teenage Jewish girl in Holland who is murdered by the Nazis in the Holocaust, who kept the most famous diary ever written in history. And her diary includes the line that even though she sees such darkness and she is hiding in a little tiny attic from people who wish to murder her and her whole family just because they're born Jews, still in all she says, I believe that people basically good.
Speaker 4: And she is.
Speaker 2: Cited by people who believe that people are basically good. She's cited all the time. Now. Who can't love Anne Frank, But to cite a teenage girl's view of humanity as an argument for that view, I've never found that terribly compelling. I just happened not to agree with her. I also wonder if when she, the poor thing, was sent to a Nazi concentration camp where she was murdered. I wonder if she believed till the end that people were basically good. But literally only God knows the answer to that question. On the other side are those who believe that were born bad, that human nature is utterly corrupt, and only with a religious affirmation can one can one deal with a dark, sinful nature. And there are all views in between. Tell you my view. My view is that we are not born basically good, and we are not born basically bad by the way the view that we are born sinful. Of course we're born sinful. I mean that's yes. The whether or not one needs a specific religious affirmation to undo it is not my topic today, So don't even call with it. I'll happily deal with that on another occasion. That's not the question. We stick to the question how is human nature? Is it good or bad? I believe it it has kernels of both. We have bad tendencies and we have good tendencies, and the human being is responsible therefore for his goodness or his badness. And this is a view that in real life works. It works because then you blame people for the bad they do, but you understand as well that there is goodness that you can appeal to in people. If there is no goodness in human nature, then how can you appeal to people to be good? Religiously or secularly. How could you appeal to people to be good if there's no goodness in their nature that will hear you. In fact, let me tell you something. The irony is that there is a lot of goodness in human nature, and it is perverted very often by value systems, by philosophies that say that evil is good. And people think they're doing good when they're doing bad. Yep, I mean there's no comman. Terrorists think they're doing good. They're saving the world for their religion. They think they're doing good. They don't think they're doing bad. They're doing staggering evil, but they have been given a philosophy of life that tells them that it's really good when you blow up people in trains. The Nazis thought, they said, we're doing good. Ridding the world of Jewss is a good act. So ironically, there really is goodness in human nature, but it is easily perverted by a philosophy, or by by psychology or something else. But there is also badness in human nature. We are born with jealousy, we are born with greed. We are hardly born, especially men with a monogamous nature. I said earlier that rape is natural.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: It is natural for a man to take the object of his sexual desire and have sex with that object is natural. You need a value system to say, hey man, you can't do that. That is why those of us who don't believe people are basically good are so keen on teaching values to people that we don't think that love alone will work. You have to also give people values. You can actually end up with well loved barbarians if you just give them love and you don't give them a value system. One eighth Prager seven seven six. And here is what I'd like you to do, like on the Happiness Hour, is more or less react to what I'm saying, because a lot of you already called because I know everybody has a view on this, and I fully or and I fully respect that. But I want to give the benefit of a lifetime of thought on these issues on this the Ultimate Issues Hour, which I am inaugurating today, an hour on the great questions of life to help people develop a philosophy of life, because otherwise life is very confusing. It's something one needs in life to have a philosophy of life and to really think it through. So when I say that I believe that people aren't basically good. I am not saying I believe people are basically bad. I am saying that people are torn, and that we have to do everything we can give value systems, reinforce goodness, punish bad. We have to do everything we can in order to help people go towards the good side of their nature, which does exist too. There are there are, I will acknowledge, there are psychopaths, people who are are conscience free. That is another That is another issue. By the way, I do I do believe there are people that apparently have what for whatever reason there is, there is no goodness inside of them. They are truly pathologic. But that is that is a fairly rare breed. One eight Prayer seven seven six. Welcome and email me through the new website address Prager Radio dot com your reactions to the Ultimate Issues Hour.
Speaker 3: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, everybody, welcome to the second segment of the Ultimate Issues Hour. I am inaugurating and I am aching for your feedback. Since there's obviously a limited number of calls that could be taken at any given time. Please, ado was just send me a letter an email on what you think about the idea of this hour each week, just as I do one dedicated to happiness, one now dedicated to the ultimate issues of life, and that's to pragerradio dot com. Just send me an email through that and spell Prager radio with one hour or two hours the the uh. Also, I'm curious to get your feedback on the opening theme that I have at least tentatively chosen. It's it's a great piece by Franz list l I s z t late prelude Sean. If you have that, I want to play it. Yeah, h m.
Speaker 4: Hm, alright, anyway, I love it.
Speaker 2: But well, we're we're open into two reactions, and let's talk about this. People basically good or not? The while the widely accepted version in the secular West is that people are basically good born good. The reason for that is that if you can't believe in God, you better believe in humanity. It makes perfect sense either you believe in a good God or good humanity. There are people who believe in both, I understand. But if you don't believe in a good God. You better believe in a good humanity or you're really going to end up in despair. So secular society, not believing in a good God, has decided to believe in a good humanity, and that is not rational based on the moral record of humanity. On the other hand, I don't believe that we are born evil either. We have a choice, and the human being is born with that choice, although we certainly have to work very hard to make sure the choice goes against nature and.
Speaker 4: Is a good one.
Speaker 2: All righty, let's take your calls here and we'll begin with Jim in Minneapolis. Jim Dennis Prager, you are the first caller to the Ultimate Issues Hour.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: In Shaloon, Dennis, thank you.
Speaker 5: Just wanted to give my thoughts. I think we are both as well for the reason that I think that we're created in the image of Yahweh, and that in that image you are giving a conscience and a conscience broken down con with science knowledge, and so whatever we do wrong, we do wrong with knowledge. But we have a per sin in nature, a propensity.
Speaker 6: To do wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're together on that one. But let me just explain to a lot of people who argue with me and say that, well, we are born basically good because they believe in the Bible, and they will say that we're we're created in God's image, so we must be good. But that's not what created in God's image means. Creating God's image means two things. One that, like God, we know good and evil. Animals don't. There's no such thing as a good or a bad dog. I'm sorry, I know this is painful to many of you, but there's no such thing. A dog is a dog. Dogs do not morally contemplate their actions, nor to cats or hamsters or gorillas.
Speaker 4: They do not think.
Speaker 2: You know, my nature is to grab that female, but I won't because I don't really know. If she feels comfortable having me, it doesn't happen. But human beings are capable of saying no to their nature. So that is one in God's image definition. The other is that unlike animals, we are creating God's image means, unlike we are, human life is more sacred than animal life, which bothers a lot of people today in secular life as well. But I'm just explaining what that means. Okay, let's go to Matt in Gino, California. Matt Dennis Prager, thank you for calling hi.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 7: I totally agree that we're both good and bad inclination, that we are in the image of God and that that's the root of our good.
Speaker 6: But because of the.
Speaker 7: Fall, we can also do bad. I shared this with one of my classes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we could, We were able to do bad before the fall. That's why Adam. Adam went, Adam and Eve went against God's will before the fall. That's how they fell.
Speaker 7: Okay, well I never thought of it that way, but I I I. My understanding is that it was the choice to sin against God.
Speaker 2: Well, that's right, but that but so then how do you make that choice if you're all good? Okay, listen, this is very important. This is I am asking all of you religious, secular. I'm asking you to do what I believe in any event, if you, if you believe in God, God wants us to do. Is to think we secular people too often just repeat what they were taught secularly, and religious people too often repeat what they were taught religiously.
Speaker 4: And we are we are allowed, in fact.
Speaker 2: That it is a credit to whatever we believe in. If we think a second time about it, and that that's that is a big deal, big deal to do that, and it's credit to your religion when you do it. It doesn't upset it or anything.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 2: I thank you, I thank you, Matt. I appreciate that. And let's go to uh the Pocono's. Oh my god, is that touching to me? You're in the Poconos in Pennsylvania. Yes, let me you know. I went to camp in the Pocono's as a kid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, are you near?
Speaker 2: Are you near Tannersville?
Speaker 6: I lived for fifteen minutes from Timesville. I live in the Effort, in Effort.
Speaker 2: I went to camp in Effort. I can't believe it. I have the chills.
Speaker 6: Maybe he went behind my house.
Speaker 2: It's no longer there, or maybe it's a different camp. But I went to camp for three years in Effort, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 6: Okay, there's a there's a lake and close to that's.
Speaker 4: Right, exactly? All right, Carlos, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Okay, Dennis, Uh, Well, I'm glad you told this guy, this guy that just called you put him right on the spot, because this is supposedly a guy that believes in God, and he tells you that Adam and is sin and you told him that they sin before they were evil. Yeah, so because what I believe the reason I call it because I believe that we need a good or evil. It's all a prospective how we perceive life together with our emotional and our behavior, how we thought since we were children, it was going to determine and also balance mental chemical balance will dictate.
Speaker 2: How we behave right, So do you believe do you believe that we have a free moral will? No Ah, very interesting, I didn't think so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you feel that.
Speaker 4: And so therefore that.
Speaker 6: So we learned the logically that the more logic that we learned to react better, the better human beings that we will be.
Speaker 2: So, so you don't blame anybody for the bad they do or you do.
Speaker 6: Well, I agree that people have to be taught and they.
Speaker 2: Have to be stopped, but what about blamed?
Speaker 4: But what about blamed?
Speaker 6: Blame is something that is useless?
Speaker 4: Okay, all righty wonderful, We'll be back.
Speaker 3: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody, you're listening to the Dennis Prager Show. Love your feedback when you'll get a chance to internet me to email me. Try it through Prager radio dot com, which you should visit anyway, because you can download shows now. It's a lot of fun and you could play it. You could send it to friends. A lot of new things available with the show and the internet. I am introducing today the Ultimate Issues Hour, the Great Questions of Life, one hour a week on them. I have chosen this hour on Tuesdays, just as we have a certain hour on Fridays on the subject of happiness. Today, the great Ultimate Issues question is are people basically good, basically bad?
Speaker 4: Or in the middle.
Speaker 2: I choose for the middle, but it is for many people, of course harder to be good. But I do not believe that we are created with all bad. It's not I do not believe, and certainly not all good. I mean that that notion that we're basically good cracks me up. It is the It is the choice of the secular world to believe that, largely because they have dropped the belief in a good God. And if you can't believe in a good God, you better believe in a good humanity or you will despair. One eighth Prager seven seven six one eight p R A g E R seven seven six. The hours go so fast that I have to get another point in here before I take more calls. And that is those who argue, well, we are born innocent. Look at a baby. There are no bad babies. Ah, of course there are no bad babies. Babies don't murder babies, you know, except for what's his name.
Speaker 4: Stewie.
Speaker 2: Stewie on family guy. Yeah, he's a bad baby. But that's a that's a riot, it's a joke. Of course. You know you're not gonna see baby's picture up at a post office wanted. But babies aren't good. They're innocent. I acknowledge they're innocent, but they're not good. And innocent and good are not the same thing at all. Innocent means doesn't know about evil, but it doesn't mean you're not, or it doesn't mean anything about whether you're good or bad. You can be innocent and bad and do bad. Did any baby ever say? You know? Gee, you know I've been throwing up and coughing and vomiting for the last I already said throwing up, but you know, just causing a riot here. And my parents haven't had any sleep and they you know, they haven't had sex in the last three weeks or three months.
Speaker 4: Because of me.
Speaker 2: So I think I'll just shut up tonight, of course not I you say, well, a baby can't do that, because they shut up, they'll die. I mean whatever the readson, But babies don't think that way. So don't give me babies as a model of goodness. They're adorable, thank God, they're adorable. Will be a lot more infanticide. Okay, hey, let's go to more of your calls here and let's go to Shazad in Bloomington, Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Hello, Dennis Prager, Hello sir, how are you doing? Okay? Thank you.
Speaker 8: I believe that just because we're made in the image of God means we're just made in the image of God, doesn't mean we have his conscience. Or basically the Indian thought is. I heard some Indian guys that you have a good dog and a bad dog. Every person has that it depends what dog you feed more. The dog you feed more is going to overcome.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 8: I like that that and the people you said that are lost conscience. Those are the guys who said the bad dog so much that the bad dog killed the good dog for good conscience anymore.
Speaker 2: That is a if, So that is a is that a Hindu of you? Is that a Hindu teaching?
Speaker 6: No, it's not.
Speaker 8: I heard. I'm Indian and that's an Indian school of thought.
Speaker 2: It's just a well, how do you just how do you distinguish between Indian and Hindu? That's what I'm asking.
Speaker 8: I guess is somebody who has the Indian culture in them and Hindu is somebody who could be in America and yet.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you can't.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's Hindu then, because the truth is, you can't be a Hindu if you're not Indian. You can learn from Hinduism, but but you can't be Only Indians can be Hindus. It's just just like only Persians could be Zoroastrians. But anyway, thank you, though, I think it's a wonderful I think it's a wonderful teaching. That's a very good point.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: I agree with that if you feed the good of us, we have this good dog, bad dog inside of us.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: It's a very good metaphor and it comports with exactly what I was saying earlier. I think that we in fact have both and that's where nurture does come in. Which do we feed, which do we teach, Which do we reward, which do we foster? Absolutely, that's why it's so important to monitor the goodness of your children and don't assume that if you just love them, they'll be good. Oh boy, have I seen that not work? But thank god, I'm not talking about my own, but I've seen it. One to eight Praguer seven seven six The Ultimate Issues Hour. I'm Dennis Prager. I welcome you back. This is the inaugural hour of the Ultimate Issues Hour. Of your feedback. Send it to me.
Speaker 4: And call in if you can.
Speaker 2: Of the lines are taken, but every so often there is a clear line for obvious reasons. Either I've spoken to somebody or somebody just gives up waiting. And on this the first Ultimate Issues Hour, on the Great Questions of life. Every Tuesday, at this time, it is are we basically good? Are we basically bad? Are we in the middle? I think we're in the middle, and it is a challenge to be good. But we have lived in a secular Western world that has argued for us being basically good. One of the great consequences of that is that we blame society or something else for all the bad that people do. After all, if good people do bad things, it must be society's fault. Now, I'm not saying society plays no role. Of course it does. It certainly does. The values of a society have a very deep impact on people. But in the final analysis, we are still free to choose. Also, remember, and this is unbelievably important, if we cannot hold people responsible for the bad they do, then we cannot credit people or hold them responsible for the good they do. If society is to blame for the bad people do, then society is to be praise for the good people do and not the person Alrighty, and let's go to San Diego. Tony, Hi, Tony, Dennis Prager, thanks for calling.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Dennis, Earlier, you said that the man was a sinner prior to the fall, right, uh, in the Old Testament. As a Christian, I believe that men or the woman was taunted by Satan. Therefore, when Satan or when when the woman ate of the fruit, she then was a sinner at that point and she fell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but how did she let how did she let herself get taunted? If she was if she was all good and perfect.
Speaker 9: She still had a choice exactly, she had a choice.
Speaker 2: But wait so she wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait when you have to go step by step, So she made a sinful choice.
Speaker 9: She made a choice of being sinful. Yes, but she wasn't sinful until she ate of the fruit.
Speaker 2: But she no, but she made a sinful choice prior to eating.
Speaker 9: So you're saying that she made not a sinful choice but a bad choice.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the difference between bad and sinful is.
Speaker 9: But yeah, okay, well, okay, I don't completely.
Speaker 2: Agree with you, but Alicia, understand why I say it.
Speaker 9: I understand, which is okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that a lot. Alrighty, and let's go to uh, let's see here. Alrighty, let's go to Linda. Linda Plainfield, Illinois, Dennis Prager High.
Speaker 10: Hi.
Speaker 11: I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but like the last color, I think Eve was not sinful until she made the choice. She had the capacity of well.
Speaker 2: Of course, but that's what sinful means that you have you have a nature that enables you to make bad choices, wrong choices.
Speaker 11: But my understanding is that gift of free will is what is part of our being created.
Speaker 6: In the night.
Speaker 2: That is exactly what image of God means that and that we are that a human life is sacred. I agree, that was my explanation.
Speaker 11: But until we make that choice, we have not become sinfle.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, but I'm talking about our nature.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 2: The nature that Eve was given was capable of committing sins, just like your nature.
Speaker 11: Is that part is true?
Speaker 4: Okay, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 11: However, in my tradition, we would say that we were created good, since all a creation in Genesis is affirmed that way.
Speaker 2: But well, God wants us to do good. He was happy with the creation, but the moment God gave us freedom, we could do bad. That's what freedom means true. Okay, that's all I'm saying. Thank you for your call. I appreciate that a lot. And let's go to Phoenix and David. Hello, David, Dennis Praeger.
Speaker 12: Yes, good afternoon or good morning then, Dennis, thank you for such a thought provoking program today.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you like the Ultimate Issues hour? You like the I do.
Speaker 12: I think it's a very interesting idea, and I think the whole question about free will would be a great one for another show.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's the toughest.
Speaker 12: It's with regard to good and evil or good and bad. I think that that we're struggling because you have failed to correctly define the terms. How would you define what good is?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, the reason that I don't get hung up on that is because there is no one listening who doesn't have his own definition. So it's whatever your definition, the question remains the same. Are we basically good or bad?
Speaker 12: Okay? Well, so I've been thinking about this and struggling with it as we go on, And there's been a lot of talk from people from the Judeo Christian background, and that certainly is part of my own frame of reference. And we talk about being born in sin, and you know, was Adam and Eve? Were they centers prior to the fall in the garden? And that's sort of a question. And so maybe if we relate, if we say that bad is sin and good is not sin? So what does that mean? And to me, a sinful nature is something that is entirely self centered. It's all about me. I'm doing what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: I agree, it's a huge I agree with you it's a huge element in bad or in sin, or whatever term we wish to use. You are one hundred percent right, or at least let's put it to be more humble, and I mean sincerely humble, not faked. Yes, that is what I would also hold to be at a major route of bad, the inability to think outside of oneself.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: There are people who have it built in. Now here's a tough one. You want a tough question, folks, here's a tough one for you. While I don't believe that we are born good or bad, that we are born with tendencies in both directions, I have to look at reality. I can't live in theory alone. I have to respond to reality, and the reality says to me, Dennis, that there are people who seem to be born with a kinder disposition than others, or others with a more self centered one. Maybe I'm wrong, and God knows. I hope I'm wrong. I wish we all had an equal chance to be good. But it does seem at least that way that for some goodness is a much tougher struggle than for others.
Speaker 4: But I.
Speaker 2: Live and die on the proposition that there is something in the human that wants to be good. Otherwise, Oh, anything that I talk about is pointless. So while I don't believe we're basically good, I believe there's goodness there that can be appealed to. Back in a moment the Ultimate Issues hour on the Dennis Brager Show.
Speaker 3: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's Timeless wis time.
Speaker 2: If you got in, do not hang up, because at least I will summarize your thought because there are very good calls here. This is the first, the inaugural addition of the Ultimate Issues. Our love your feedback Internet me. The ideal place right now is Pegger Radio dot com. That is the new address of the website, but you can use whatever you're used to as well. But i'd like to have your feedback on the idea of this one hour a week on Ultimate Issues. Today it has been on are we basically good or bad? A critically important question, Catherine and Flower Mound, Texas says, there's a universal notion of good and evil. When you say everyone is their own notion of good, that's relativism. Catherine, you're right, but that wasn't my point, of course, that's that's moral relativism. I was only making the point that I didn't need to define good in order to deal with the question of whether we are basically good. Whatever your definition, we still knowledge that there is a good and a bad. Of course, I believe a universal good. That's one of the great The fact that's an issue alan we ought to put is that that's one of the great issues we'll have to put on the ultimate issues. Hour is my arguments against moral relativism. Ken Lds scripture. It's Mormon scripture says natural man is enemy to God. It gives me hope because when I mess up, it's easier to forgive myself very good. I totally agree with you. I totally agree. I remember when my older son came home one day from a Jewish school and elementary school, and I asked him, what did you learn today? And usually the answer, of course is nothing. Then one day he said, well, I learned that I have a bad inclination and a good inclination. And I said, fantastic. That's great because if you know you have a bad inclination, that actually helps you in understanding a that you have to battle it. But B too. But B also that you can forgive yourself because that's part of being human.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: That's a very important point, Bill and Denver. Why is ninety nine percent of murder and mayhem in the world done by men not women? Because male nature is far more aggressive, far more physically aggressive. But women are not one with better For every murderer out there, there's a woman who was going to make love to him that night. Just remember that. Believe me, if women boycotted sexually all the bad men in the world, we have a very good world, so you know. And women cause mayhem in their way. Believe me, mayhem is not at all the the monopoly of men. Charles and Dallas, I think you could be self centered and still be good. Example, I can want to get into heaven but act good.
Speaker 4: To achieve that goal. It's an interesting point.
Speaker 2: I think you can be You have to care about yourself to be good. But if you only care about yourself, and you won't be good. That's why we said, And Chris, since you agreed with me and I and san diego forgive me. But that's why I didn't think. Because we both believe we're free to choose good and bad. I will be on Chris Matthews Hardball discussing Mel Gibson if you want to watch tonight, and I thank you for listening and send me an email on your thoughts on having this Ultimate Issues Hour.
Speaker 4: I'm Dennis Prager.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening tomorrow on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I cook one way, she cooked another, which is one of the downsides in her marriage. Because I put on fifty pounds.
Speaker 2: You put on fifty pounds because you cook.
Speaker 10: I cook and she cooks a different way. But we taught each other how we cook, and we both cooked very well.
Speaker 2: I see you put on fifty pounds in four years. Yeah, you need more yardwork. See that's your problem. You're sharing the yard work.
Speaker 1: Join us tomorrow to hear more on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. This has been Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Visit Dennisprager dot com for thousands of hours of Dennis's lectures, courses in classic radio programs, and to purchase Dennis Prager's Rational Bibles.