Speaker 1: Welcome to today's podcast sponsored by Hillsdale College. All thanks Hillsdale Hillsdale dot edu or I encourage you to take advantage of the many free online courses there, and of course I'll listener to the Hilldale dialogues, all of them at Hugh for Hillsdale dot com or just Google, Apple iTunes and Hilldale Morniglorion Ian Grace America. I'm Hugh hewittt back from my whirldwind trip to Ohio. Thanks to Mark Davis for sitting in for me on Monday and Tuesday. I'll tell you what I was up to after the break, but I begin the program today with former Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin. Governor Younkin is back with us because he and empowering America's parents. A brand new five to one C four is out there trying to get the education Freedom tax credit adopted across the country. Governor, good to see you again. Tell us about empowering America's parents and why states won't adopt like this is the easiest choice a governor can make. I think.
Speaker 2: I think it is too, and Hugh great to be with you and as a key part of President Trumps working Families Tax Cut Act. The provision that enables governors to opt in to the Educational Freedom Tax Credit unlocks basically universal school choice around the country. I mean, over ninety percent of children are eligible for these scholarships that would come from funds that are derived from private donations and a federal tax credit. And these scholarships can be used for tuition, of course, for tutoring, for transportation services, for providing extra services for kids with developmental disabilities. I mean, this is a great enabling, smart program, and yet governors have to opt in. And of course, what we've seen across the country is that the far left governors aren't opting in. Republican governors have and there's only one reason why they're not opting in, and that's because of politics. The teachers' unions are trying to protect to their monopoly on schools. And there's no argument against opting in, Hugh. I mean, these scholarships take no money away from state education frums. It's a public it's a private donation with a federal tax credit. Students in public schools can avail themselves of them. They can use them for tutoring and for transportation services and for supplies and equipment. And finally, they're available to virtually all the families, particularly those hard working families that haven't been able to get scholarships like this before. So this is a no brainer, and we're launching today in order to highlight and put pressure on governors who have not signed up to do the right thing, stop playing politics and opt in to the education freedom tax credits.
Speaker 1: Now there are four states of which I'm aware thirty states have said yes, and the mean twenty states have not yet said yes. But Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin are pro education, good educate, find good schools, good students for a long long time. And then Arizona, which already has a tax credit. Ohio's got a task credit therein Why in the world with Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin not uphold the Midwestern common sense way.
Speaker 2: Well, we can't figure it out, because their voters want this. This thing is a seventy five to twenty five issue when voters understand that all that has to happen is governors have to opt in.
Speaker 3: It takes no money away, as I.
Speaker 2: Said, from state K through twelve funding, and it's available to everybody, and the crazy thing, Hugh is if you are in Pennsylvania or Michigan, or Wisconsin or Arizona and your governor does not opt in, then the states that have opted in will get the money and the ones that haven't won't. And so there's just a basic responsibility here for governors to recognize that these funds support all education and there's no reason why they shouldn't be opting in other than politics. And that's why we have to stand for parents and kids and stand against the politics that are keeping these governors from opting in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's one thing that unifies Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Arizona. And it's not the Big ten because Arizona is not in the Big ten there in the Pac twelve. It's they have Democrat governors and probably have Randy Weingarten on their speed dial. Has has anyone call them on this as the local newspaper, because it really is a no lose situation for taxpayers and students. It's the easiest decision the governor can make.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's exactly why we launched Empowering America's Parents, is to educate citizens across America and have them stand up in demands that their governors opt in. And you know, Randy Winingarten should be for this. I mean, this is something that supports public education as well. There's more four dollars flowing into education across states. It supplements public education dollars as well, and there's no reason to say no.
Speaker 1: So, Governor, I'm talking to you on the morning after the afternoon after a big deal vote in Michigan. Or Abdul al Sayed, I think arguably the most radical major party candidate in the history of the United States. I mean, we've had Gus Hall, an American communist, and we've had Eugene Debs, a socialist, run before, but I think Abduah Al Sayed is the most radical major party candidate for the United States Senate ever. What do you read into his nomination and to the sprint of the Democratic Party over the left edge.
Speaker 2: Well, the Democrat Party is in a battle for its own soul and the reality is the socialists are winning that battle and dragging the entire party far left. And this is, by the way, a candidate and a movement that believes in so many Unamerican things, literally defunding police, defunding our military, abolishing prisons, letting everyone go who's incarcerated, granting immediate amnesty to all illegal aliens, getting rid of the presidency, getting rid of the Senate, getting rid of the Supreme Court. I mean, Hugh, this is crazy stuff. And here we have a candidate who has now been nominated by the Democrat Party in order to run for Senate. And this is a moment for us to stand up and say no, Americans are going to come together and we're going to defeat this socialist, if not communists, insurgents. And we're going to come together. And this is not just Republicans, Independents and a whole lot of Democrats are going to stand together. And in Michigan, Mike Rogers is a great candidate, and therefore we should all come together everyone, the Democrats, Republicans and independents and defeat this socialist and servi urgency. And Hugh, we're going to see the same thing next week in Wisconsin, where Francesca Hang is gonna win her nomination, and she represents the exact same socialist crazy ideas. In fact, she wants to get rid of Thanksgiving. And let me tell you, she is not going to stand for education, freedom, tax credit scholarships to the kids in Wisconsin, and that's going to be yet another moment for us to see this drastic comparison between common sense and crazy.
Speaker 1: Now, Governor, you drew a lot of Democrat votes when you ran for governor five years ago, and you appealed to people as the education governor. I don't think Democrats are crazy, but a lot of the mom Donnie replicants like Lsied and Ciros and Chevalier and Valdez and you mentioned hone up in they've got socialism in their mouth, Marxism in their brain, and communism in their house heart. Where do they come from? What happened to the party? You dealt with Democrats for four years and you got a lot done in Virginia. What happened to the party.
Speaker 2: Well, there's been this rise in socialism that has really come from a lot of our educational institutions that are teaching this basic philosophy that's wrong. And then it's compounded by the fact that what I would call kind of establishment democrats have evacuated their principles and run left.
Speaker 4: I mean in.
Speaker 2: Virginia last year we watched Abigail Spamberger run for governor as a moderate, and on the very first day of office, she picked up her stuff.
Speaker 3: And ran left.
Speaker 2: And Virginians hate this. I mean, she is the lowest rated governor in Virginia modern day history because people don't want crazy, and the vast majority of Americans view what's happening in the far left Democrat Party is crazy. Everybody understands that we have to fund law enforcement, we have to fund the military, Harry, We've got to stand for law and order. The three branches of government have established America as the most stable democratic, or at least republic in the history of mankind. I mean, this is foundational to the United States of America, and what they're selling is the antithesis of that. And that's why I do believe that this election election in Wisconsin are going to be key.
Speaker 1: Will you be spending a lot of time in the minute we've got left on the campaign trail between now and November.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to be helping candidates, and we're going to help candidates in Virginia. Listen, we've got five great congressional representatives and we've got to help them win again. We just fought back this redistricting effort by the by the far left Democrats here and now we've got to go win these races. But I alsom going to help folks around the country. I believe that that governors' races have to shine a bright light on many many issues, one of which, of course is school choice. And if you're the governor candidate is against opting in to the federal Education tax credit scholarships, then that says they don't care about your kids.
Speaker 5: And if your.
Speaker 2: Candidate is all about opting in and supporting these scholarships, I think for so many Americans, and particularly those with kids, it's a critical issue. This is why we've got to get out and make sure everybody understands the deep contrast between common sense and what we're seeing is crazy in many of these races.
Speaker 1: Governor Glenn Young cain always good to chat with you. Come on back as you make your way around the country and tell us about the races that you're involved in, and go by all means to the Empowering American Parents website and get involved in extending the federal Education Tax credit everywhere at all fifty states. That's empowering American parents, on whom Governor Younkin is now working there. Stay tuned, America. I'm good walking back America at the Senator. A heavy day today, I'm focused on the most radical Senate nominee in the history the Unit sid Senate. I'll do else. I ed in Michigan, but I'm pleased to later welcome Senator Tom Cotton, Senator Dan Sullivan, but I'm starting off with Pennsylvania's own Senator Dave McCormick, Senator. Good to see you again. I got to say it when I read the news about all the new companies in the defense sector going to Pennsylvania. I think it contrasts nicely with the Steelers having the oldest quarterback since uh you know, the Raiders at George Blanda, So tell us about.
Speaker 5: The quarterback.
Speaker 4: You never missed the opportunity to come out. Listen when the Browns start winning Super Bowls. You guts something to talk about.
Speaker 1: Talk to us about the Defense summit, because that was pretty big news.
Speaker 4: Oh man, it was. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 6: You know, this was a year after I had done the original summit with President Trump, which is the Energy and Innovation Summit, same model that was in Pittsburgh. We had CEO's Energy all the big investors, the President of the Cabinet, the Democratic governor, center feedermen, and we got ninety billion dollars of investment in Pennsylvania and energy, infrastructure and data centers. This was focused on defense and you know this better than anybody.
Speaker 4: Three things.
Speaker 6: The world's a more dangerous place, the nature of warfare is changing dramatically, and our defense ecosystem really has been an atrophied under the Biden administration, really under the Obama administration. So we need to dramatically reindustrialize and also lean into these emergent technologies. What I said on the stage are is we need new players, but also new ways of doing business, and this was about that.
Speaker 4: We had thirteen hundred people there. We had six hundred.
Speaker 6: C level executives, most of them from Pennsylvania companies, every major defense contractor, We had all the big Wall Street firms, rec Or Jamie Diamond and others who.
Speaker 4: Invest in defense.
Speaker 6: And we got ten billion dollars of announces for five thousand new jobs in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: But it was mostly.
Speaker 6: About bringing together the right next generation so Hanwa, which is rebuilding the Philadelphia Shipyard. We're going to go from one ship a year to twenty it was drone companies based outside of Pittsburgh. It was rebuilding our munitions, much of which comes from Pennsylvania. We've got two hundred thousand workers in Pennsylvania that are in the defense industry, and I'd like to come on your show in a few years and tell you it's three hundred or four hundred thousand, and we're gonna have a huge uptake in our spending, which I think we need. And my argument to everybody there and to the President was we need to make Pennsylvania the point of the spear for rebuilding our defense capability.
Speaker 1: So I remind everyone you're a West Pointer, You're a soldier before you were a businessman, before you were a senator. And you'll know the advantages therefore of having Pennsylvania as your home base. You've got natural gas that can fire up the AI company, the data centers, the industrial base. But why is Andrel and Ohio and not in Pennsylvania. If you got anything like Andrel coming over to the Keyston state.
Speaker 6: They are coming, A lot of them are coming. Yeah, that happened before I got here, unfortunately, but we have you know, just as you said, we've got energy, We're the second largest energy producer. We have skilled labor, I mean we cannot. I mean it's unbelievable, the demand for welders, electricians, pipe fitters, steam fitters. This is happening across Pennsylvania because you got to get President Trump. A lot of the policies that he put in place are a big part of that. We also have great universities like Carnegie Mellon, which is really AI capital of the world, and so for that reason, a lot of these emergent technologies, autonomy, AI, robots. I mean, look at the battlefield in Ukraine, the Ukrainians. Zelensky was here last week. We had a conversation with him. Ukraine's making ten thousand drones a day. America doesn't have that capacity. Unfortunately, we need to ramp that up quickly. That's happening in places outside of Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: We need to ramp up robots.
Speaker 6: If you go to Ukraine right now and you look at the battlefield, we have robots on the battlefield. That's going to change dramatically in the coming years. So we've got to have a mixture of both investing in subs and ships and the things that we let atrophy, but really leaning into these emergent technologies which are shaping the modern battlefield. It's a dramatically different battlefield than when I was a young lieutenant in the eighty second Airborne Division in Iraq. We thought we had sophisticated technology. It's nothing like today.
Speaker 1: And I'll point out Pennsylvania's got both the Great Lakes access and it's got the Atlantic access through the Port of Philadelphia. So the Saronics that are out there, Saronics not in Pennsylvania, but it could be. Yeah, they can build the submersible stuff that you need as well, and the surface automated vehicles as well. You can do airc and sky.
Speaker 6: No doubt about it. Seronic, the CEO of Seronic, was at our summit. I absolutely agree with you. Think about America, there's really four host Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf and the inner coastal which is the Great Lakes. And so we have a ship We have shipyards on the Great Lakes in Erie Don John Shipyard.
Speaker 4: We of course have the Philadelphia Port.
Speaker 6: We have a big submarine component manufacturer in Roads, which is in Philadelphia. And we're going to go already, based on the present's budget, We're going to go from one submarine a year to three, and listen, we're lagging.
Speaker 4: We're lagging.
Speaker 6: I think we're lulled into a false sense of security because we say, well, we spend more than the Chinese. I think that's the wrong way to think about it. Ninety percent of our budget, maybe more than that looks backwards. It's on thirty year old platforms and a small fraction is looking forward. China has a smaller budget but a much larger percentage looking forward on these next generation technologies.
Speaker 4: So we've got to really revamp.
Speaker 6: We've got to increase the pie, Hugh, but we also have to change the way the pie is cut up and get a lot more forward looking next generation to technology.
Speaker 1: So last question, Senat McCormick political one, al say it gets nominated last night. We can't have the Senate go into Democrat hands. It'll stop the rebuild, it'll stop the innovation. Are you going to be on the campaign trail for the Republicans like Mike Rogers?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Mike.
Speaker 6: Mike's a good friend, we were together in the twenty four cycle. Great great American veteran, as you know, a great career.
Speaker 4: In public service.
Speaker 6: But listen, this is what's happening here is scary because you have the emergence of not this is not the extreme of the Democratic Party. This has become the mainstream of the Democratic Party. It is anti law enforcement, it's anti military, it's anti business, it's anti Semitic, and it's anti America and these ideas. You and I are old enough to remember when these ideas were getting about it around in the sixties, seventies and eighties. I thought the idea of socialism and communism was in the dustbin of history. And sadly it's finding new traction. And if that were to lead our country and the White House and the majority in the House or the Senate, I think it'd be a disaster.
Speaker 4: For the great future that we have.
Speaker 6: I'm more optimistic about the future of America than ever, but it depends on what we do. And if we have the wrong people in place with these terrible ideas, it's going to destroy us.
Speaker 1: Senator Dave McCormick always good to check in with you, follow the Senator on access. Sen McCormick, PA. That Sen McCormick, PA, Thank you, Senator, Stay tuned, America. I'll be right back morning. Laura and eating Grace in America. I'm Hugh Hewittt. Welcome to a wild Wednesday. Thanks to Mark Davis for sitting in for me. On Monday and Tuesday. I was in Ohio, Michigan, and when I went through Detroit Airport on Saturday and on Monday, I thought to myself, this is not a radical but Michigan. You know. I give them a hard time the week of the game. But I like Michigan. I went to law school in Michigan. I'm proud of my Michigan law degree. I like the people I know in Michigan. It's a wonderful place. I'm on in Detroit right now. Throughout the state in the Upper Peninsula. I give them hard time that week. We never want them to win another football game in Columbus or in the Big House against the Buckeyes. But love Michigan. And it's a normal place. It's not a coastal crazy place like New York or Massachusetts, or California or Washington, Oregon. It's a normal Midwestern place. And yet, and yet they have nominated the most radical individual ever to stand for the United States Senate since we began the direct election of senators after the Constitution was amended the most radical nominee for Senate, either via the appointment process in the early years of the Republic or the direct election process post amendment in the history of the American Constitution. Abdu Rahman L Sayed. And I've got to say abd Ramen L Sayed because of his rather angry speech last night that included this line cut number eleven in his victory. Press are today.
Speaker 7: But right now, as bitter and as divisive and as cynical as the campaign against us might have been, I want us to realize that there is so much more that unites us now, because the campaign that Mike Rodgers and Donald Trump and their gop MAGA allies are launching is already more bitter. All you gotta do is look at the odds you're already watching on TV.
Speaker 4: Started today.
Speaker 7: You know they think that you want to use my whole name against me. Mike, listen, man, if you can't say the name is Abdurahman, keep the name out your damn mouth.
Speaker 1: I can't say it. I thought it was Abdul. I did not know it until the press conference. So we've got some reactions coming in. My favorite is from a Michigan Democratic voter on the CBS Early Show when it was still in doubt this morning, cut number fourteen.
Speaker 5: Elsayed wins. I will not vote Democrat. I'll switch over and I'll vote.
Speaker 3: For a candidate with character, whoever that might be.
Speaker 1: Got that man with character, that's Mike Rogers, FBI agent soldier, fourteen years of Michigan congressman. He retired. He was not defeated. He was sel rare respected. He was the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. Serious man. He knows why nine to eleven happened. He knows what radicalism in America does. Who's on Abdurrahman l say Ed's side, Well, Hassan Piker, an Islamist, a crazy man, an ignorant man. He was at the LSA had victory party, which was not a victory party. But I've got to jump cut the quote because he dropped so many F bombs. I'd be off the air if.
Speaker 5: I played it. But here's what he said.
Speaker 1: After Dwayne did a lot of editing. Cut number fifteen.
Speaker 8: Like everyone being like abdullahs Am of work to do, mending bridges.
Speaker 3: Here's the take nuke for you. Okay, you are.
Speaker 8: All unbelievably islamophobic pieces. Again, Okay, you literally called the dude a terrorist for months on end, and like call them a sexist, misogynist terrorist. Bad candidate doesn't fake doctor when he has like two degrees. And now you're gonna sit there and be like, well, you know, you've really got to come to me now, like what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Do you want to win or not? Lock the in? Okay, lock the fucking'.
Speaker 8: And I do worry that there are some out there who, in an effort to make sure that they that this narrative that a progressive can win in a state like Michigan doesn't take root, will literally either subtly or you know, not so secretively endorse Mike Rodgers or stay out of the race while you know, trying to push the excitement in the opposite direction, like everyone is already doing the ken elsaid, unite the Democrats, and that question is just ken El sayed, get the pro Israel vote. Ken El said, win over not even the vote necessarily, but like ken El sayed, get the people and the groups and the NGOs and the consultants that have worked extensively for pro Israel candidates to shut the field about. El said, being a terrorist for a long enough timeline so that you know, we can consolidate the base and defeat the Republican.
Speaker 1: Now, I actually believe if you believe in the River to the Sea, you're a terrorist because you're calling for the extinction of the state of Israel and the genocide of the Israeli people. That's what I think, and I know it's on. Piker believes that he's up from the River to the Sea guy. I believe Elsai Ed as well Elsiad's sisters an actual out and out radical Islaminess, and Elsaid may have been a little more subtle, but he's campaigning with us. On Piker, you can't paign with an islamiss you're an Islamist, all right, and hassan bikers in islamis Let's go to Jim Banks, Senator Banks from Indiana. He knows Michigan well, he knows it's a normal state. They're not going to support this guy. Kind number thirteen.
Speaker 9: Factory workers that live in that state that don't want to vote for a guy like Abdul Rochman l Sied who wants to take away their gun rights. He wants to he wants to codify Roe v. Wade and overturn the Dobbs decision. He wants to abolish ice, and a lot of the working class families in Michigan, just like in Indiana and around the country, these families just want to keep their These men and women just want to keep their families safe.
Speaker 1: And L.
Speaker 4: Sied wants to abolish.
Speaker 9: Ice and allow the drug cartel gangs to take over the streets of cities in Michigan. You look at the extreme positions that L. Sied has staked out, and if he would happen to win in November, he would be the most extreme Democrat, radical United States Senator that we've ever had. He would make Bernie Sanders look squishy with the positions that he staked out. And already this morning he's trying to moderate and change his tune, but look at what he said throughout the campaign. His rhetoric is dangerous, his policies, his positions are extreme and dangerous. And I have never felt better up to this point. I have never felt better about Republicans keeping, if not growing, the majority in the United States Senate than how I feel today after watching else I d when this Michigan Democrat, I.
Speaker 1: Think John Fetterman feels the same way. Democrat from Pennsylvania on with Wolf Blitzer cutting number twelve about.
Speaker 10: His party Georgia in Texas. You know, we have great ones, but you know, I have a real problem with people that are proud to campaign people that loved Hamas or that they love communist kinds of the regime and under those kinds of policies overall. And that's why I'm saying objectively as a Democrat in the Senate, saying that puts that seat and danger and now that could and now people like Sanders, you know, after what he's done in Maine with Platner, and now it's like it's creating more kinds of chaos, and now it's like will you own will you own the blowback? And making it much more difficult to defend this seat.
Speaker 1: Of course he won't own it. Bernie thinks this is the future. Okay, Republicans aren't waiting even a day. Here's Mike Rodgers, who is His website is rogersfir senate dot com. Here's his first ad.
Speaker 2: Mike Rogers, Mike Rodgers, Mike Rodgers.
Speaker 4: Here's a man who's running for the Senate. He's one of the best candidates.
Speaker 1: We have a slot. He's tough, he's there.
Speaker 4: His name is Mike Rodgers.
Speaker 2: We are going to get to this day, moving forward and the envy of the country one more time.
Speaker 3: With your help.
Speaker 1: We're going to protect our families, We're going to protect our freedoms, We'll protect our factories, and we.
Speaker 4: Will be the most proper.
Speaker 11: State in the Union.
Speaker 12: Mike Rodgers.
Speaker 3: Mike Rodgers, Mike Rogers.
Speaker 4: Mike Rodgers, because he will get to work for a law course for seniors.
Speaker 2: Life for families like mine.
Speaker 5: Wee dogs.
Speaker 1: Mike Rogers got a great campaign. Contribute to it at Rogers for Senate dot com. Here is the Senate Leadership Fund AD cut number nine about l s ied.
Speaker 2: At Ruel in his own Have they've taken.
Speaker 7: A calling me dangerous and police really need to use guns?
Speaker 5: Do we need as much of a police force?
Speaker 4: I'm dangerous.
Speaker 7: Under my leadership, our states will not spend a dime enforcing federal immigration policy.
Speaker 4: I'm sure and dangerous.
Speaker 7: We take them to the mount and choke them out.
Speaker 8: At Druel Els dangerously radical.
Speaker 4: I'm for sure and dangerous. Pat's responsible for.
Speaker 1: The cut number ten, The nrsc AD cut number ten.
Speaker 12: Dou Orman Mohammad l s At the most radical Senate candidate in America, a dangerous. El Sayed pledge support for the leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, a designated foreign terrorist group. He wants to hike taxes on Michigan waitresses, delivery drivers, and seniors. On social security, he joined a sex offender and a murderer to demand the mass release of dangerous prisoners. And when his ally claimed America deserved nine to.
Speaker 8: Eleven, El Sayed refused to disavow it.
Speaker 3: I'm not here to disavow people's users.
Speaker 12: Abdulla el sayed, too radical, too dangerous, wrong.
Speaker 1: For me, and Vice President Vance got in on it.
Speaker 13: Cut Number are working with us. We don't want the next administration, whoever you know, God forbid, you're gonna have president el Sayed.
Speaker 5: In three years.
Speaker 13: We don't want him to undo all the incredible work that we've been doing, when we've been taking out the fraudsters and saving the American people money. And in order to make this really work, we need our colleagues in Congress to really codify some of this stuff to make sure that it becomes law. And again, this is the sort of thing where while I I you know, I see only Republicans surrounding us.
Speaker 1: We need to keep the Senate Republicans, but we need to keep the Democratic Caucus unradical, not crazy. No else, I ad, I'll be right back to America right now. I want to talk with a Senate candidate who is an incumbent senator from Alaska, Dan Sullivan, big friend of the program, Senator, how.
Speaker 3: Are you, hey, Hugh, Great to be on the show again.
Speaker 1: Good to see you again. I want to talk to you about this race in Alaska where your opponents are using a dirty trick. Do you get to at least put Dan Sullivan, US Senator on the ballot line?
Speaker 14: Not US senator, but Sullivan Danes Republican incumbent.
Speaker 3: So yes, that should be.
Speaker 14: We're hoping enough to distinguish. But look, Hugh, I mean, you know, backing up this is the Dems can't beat me throwing tens of millions of dollars, attacking me with false ads for over a year.
Speaker 3: They have outspent me.
Speaker 14: They get a Democrat who's running against me, and they realize her record versus mine, My vision for Alaska in America versus hers is so much better for my constituents that they got a cheat.
Speaker 3: So they get a guy with my last name.
Speaker 14: He's a far left progressive. He tries to steal my middle initially, he tries to steal my website. For God's sakes, that's his website, that's mine. And his people who are working on his campaign and are supporting his campaign are supporting my Democrat opponent's campaign.
Speaker 3: You can't make this stuff up how much they're cheating.
Speaker 14: The Democratic Party that likes to know clutch his pearls about democracy and dictatorship are openly cheating in the race in Alaska. And Schumer's called it the race that will make him the majority leader. I'm sure his fingerprints are all over this. And guess what, It's going to backfire because this is treating my constituents with disrespect, with contempt, and I think it's going to backfire. I think Alaskans are going to come out to the votes based on my record, my vision, and we'll have a stronger turnout because of their cheating.
Speaker 1: Well, I believe that's true. I hope that's true. But I wanted to make sure that as someone comes in there ware the fraud, that they're able to easily find the real Dan Sullivan, the Senator, so they look for Republican incumbent. Is that the key?
Speaker 14: So it's Dan Sullivan, That's what everybody knows me as in Alaska and Dan s Well middle initial Republican incumbent that will be on the ballot. This fake guy, the far left progressive who, by the way, is donating to my Democrat opponent.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can't make this stuff up.
Speaker 14: He's going to be listed is Sullivan, Daniel J. Junior with no other indicator on his ballot line. So we're hoping that Alaskas won't be confused by the way. I think whoever you know, scheme this up, whether Schumer or jillim Ryan or whomever, or Democrats in Alaska.
Speaker 3: Or probably all of them.
Speaker 14: I think, like I said, they're treating my constituents with contempt and disrespect.
Speaker 3: But I think it's going to backfire.
Speaker 14: Must also, my voters are very smart, and I don't think they're going to be tricked.
Speaker 1: I hope that it's very important for the national security. You're a serious Democrat, a serious Republican on national security, on the armed services in Alaska needs you. I mean, the Golden Dome's got to be up there. We need the fighter pilots up there, we need everything up there, and you've made it happen for the However, many yours have been in the Senate. Do they have any case against you that they're arguing on substance that you're spending too much money on defense? Is that a problem with them?
Speaker 3: No, that's not a problem.
Speaker 14: And by the way, you we are undergoing the biggest build up in the military probably in Alaska history, certainly since World War Two. You know, we have this job, a lot of it because of the Working Family's Tax Cuts Act from last year.
Speaker 3: You're right. The Golden Dome missile defense.
Speaker 14: You and I've talked about Alaska's the cornerstone a missile defense for America. The Golden Dome, which we're going to have billions more in Alaska spent, is going to build up on what we already have in terms of missile defense. We have an investment in Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson Jaybehar, as we call it, seven billion dollar recapitalization of that strategic base. I'll make that the most important air force base in the world. Four thousand jobs by the way, to just recapitalize that, and then you know, I share the committee on the Coast Guard. The Working Families Tax cut last year had the biggest investment in the Coast Guard in American history, twenty five billion dollars.
Speaker 3: I wrote a ton of that bill.
Speaker 14: Alaska is going to be getting four ice breakers to be homeported in our great state. Imagine that, the state with the ice has never had an icebreaker.
Speaker 1: So I rush vote and I talked to Jerry Hendricks and they're very excited about the Coastguard finally getting their icebreakers and producing them in the United States after a few years, as well as buying a couple from abroad just to get us up to speed up. There was I was unbelieving when they told me we didn't have a homeported Coast Guard ship there.
Speaker 14: Well, guess what. We have two icebreakers right now. One is broken. They're both homeported in Seattle. That's about twenty five hundred miles away from the ice if you look at them up. But the Russians have fifty four, many of which are nuclear powered. They're all weaponized, they're Intel platforms. And we're an arctic nation. Because of Alaska, we have huge interests in the Arctic, huge interest in the North Pacific. You know, the the US Air Force. Billy Mitchell called Alaska the most strategic place in the world.
Speaker 3: I believe it is.
Speaker 14: But what's happening now is my advocacy in the Senate on the Armed Services Committee is bringing an enormous amount of military build up in terms of the Coast Guard, in terms of the Air Force, in terms of the Army. Even my beloved Marine Corps Hugh has said they got to do more. They announced moving up some Marine Corps forces to the great state of Alaska. So this is great for the national security of America. It's also great for my state, great for the economy. And you know, Alaska has more veterans per capita than east state in the country, and we appreciate the military. My opponent, the Democrat, two term Democrat failed. She got booted out of office in twenty twenty four. She voted against the National Defense Authorization Act bill that had a big military build up for Alaska, pay raises for our troops.
Speaker 3: You know how she vote against it.
Speaker 14: She put a statement out because we stripped out the Biden era transgender rights stuff for the troops.
Speaker 3: You can't make this, I'm gonna what's up?
Speaker 1: What's your website that people can go to to contribute and find out about the campaign.
Speaker 14: So Dansullivan for Alaska dot Com, Dan.
Speaker 1: For Alaska dot Com. Next time you come back, we'll talk about that crazy rank voting scheme that Alaska has. But I just want Alaskans to go in and vote for Dansullivan for Alaska dot Com, Republican incumbent. Don't get confused by the dirty trick Democrats. Dan Sullivan for Alaska dot Com Center. Keep coming back. We'll keep pumping out the videos. And I appreciate very much you're spending time on the Hugwit Show. Marine Cleveland Browns fan and a great, great national security senator from Alaska, Dan Sullivan, Stay tuned, America, Welcome back to America. I'm Hugh Hewitt. Jim Tallon as a member used to be a member of the United States Senate's Dela Senator, so I call him Senator Jim Tallent, Senator. I began the program today and I've been spend a lot of time on the Victory narrow though it was of abdur Rahman el Sai ed in Michigan last night, and I know, you know, you can't win by just being negative. So how does Mike Rogers balance the need to make sure Michigan knows how radical this character is. In fact, they had Ted Cruz hearing today. El said's father has got ties to care, ties to the Muslim brotherhood linked Engage Engage organization. I mean, it's a wacko family. But that's not really enough to win, is it?
Speaker 5: Case hewittt might be.
Speaker 11: I mean the guys for defunding the police, opening the borders, and then you mentioned all the national security concerns. But there's no reason just to be negative. And so you ask, you know, how we get positive? Well in the first place, when you have an outstanding candidate like Mike Rogers, I mean his records outstanding, his communications ability is great. He comes across and is an amiable, decent guy who's done a great job in the Senate. So he's going to talk about himself, which is what he should do. And then you, I think it is time for everybody to start getting out the message that we are on the cusp of a manufacturing led economic boom that we haven't seen since the Reagan years. I mean, investment is up, foreign investment is way up, productivity is up, manufacturing output is up. Real income for families has gone up three thousand dollars per per annum. And it's all because of the policies that the Republicans have been following, everything from the energy policies, the deregulatory policies, the permanent tax cuts, the balance trade deals. So for once we can get our exports out. So I mean, if I was Rogers, I would be saying, look, I know you're worried about economic mobility, You're worried about being able to buy a house. Just get ready because it's coming and in a year or two you're not going to worry about those things anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, I was in Michigan and Ohio over the weekend and the price of gas is bumping up against four dollars a gallon. I hope we hammer Iran. I think that it will be impossible. Not the hammer Iran, because they'll lie and cheat whatever the President thinks is going to happen tomorrow or the next day. By the way, do you think a deal is going to happen. They're just liars and cheaters. There's no deal.
Speaker 5: I think the.
Speaker 11: Deal is possible because I would be very surprised if there is not a faction in the regime that is saying, look, our currency is worthless. They're state oil producers, just had its account frozen because of debt, and I think there's some of them saying we've got to get some money. So a deal that says, all right, it'll stop threatening the straight you let us sell our oil.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 11: They're not going to get the three hundred billion dollar rebuilding fund, they're not going to get their assets unfrozen. But a deal that allows the oil to flow in the short term and then we come back later and do whatever we want to do. I think that is possible. And remember you, I mean, the mission was accomplished. Iran's power to dominate the region is shattered and it's not coming back.
Speaker 5: So what we want to do is get the oil flowing.
Speaker 11: And I support I think the president's right to alternate punishing them until morale improves, as we discussed last week with these negotiations, to see if they're willing to make a deal along those lines.
Speaker 1: Okay, so on with gas prices at four and maybe they'll drop a little bit of oil went down today because people seem to think what you discussed is imminent if gas prices drop, how do you make the pitch that things are going to be great, because I think there are going to be great. Can be like Reagan eighty three and eighty four take two years to turn the ship around and then it goes really fast.
Speaker 5: You do it using the numbers.
Speaker 11: I mean, you know, I periodically look for interviews Kevin Hassett is giving.
Speaker 5: I know he's been on the show.
Speaker 11: You might want to have him back, and he talks about all this and look, the American people can understand, and they you. They want they want to believe. I mean, things are not bad now, but they're worried about the future. And I think if if our candidates reassure them and explain why the same methods that worked in the eighties, the permanent task cut, the deregulation, the energy production, the trade policies. You know, Reagan had pretty aggressive trade policies also.
Speaker 5: It worked then.
Speaker 11: Now a lot of people don't remember it, but if you're on the stump, you can tell them what it was like. But I think we had six percent growth one year, didn't we We did millions and millions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and this is a.
Speaker 11: Manufacturing laed boom that's coming, which means that jobs are great.
Speaker 5: The innovation is going to be great.
Speaker 11: Jobs for skilled workers, jobs for professional people because these plants that are being invested and now are going to be built. I mean, I think it's coming, and I'd be out talking about it if I was on the stump.
Speaker 1: All right, last question, Missouri voted yesterday, as well as did Kansas. Any I've been focused on Michigan. Any big news out of either of those states to your knowledge.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Well, there was a proposition to eliminate the income tax, and the income tax in Missouri is going down, and it's statutorily on a schedule to go down gradually as we hit revenue targets. There was a proposal to get rid of it more or less immediately.
Speaker 5: That lost, and I.
Speaker 11: Think it's because voters were concerned about how it was going to be implemented, would other taxes go up, and so that one lost. Other than that, I mean, there was a proposal to make it more difficult to pass initiative petitions, and that one failed as well. But no, I wouldn't say there was anything worthy of national news in Missouri yesterday.
Speaker 1: In Kansas. I know that the attempt to make statewide elections for Supreme Court justice is a question for the people that failed, unfortunately, but maybe they'll come back around on that. So Jim Tallent last question. You're not a betting man, but if you were, would you bet on Mike Rogers in Michigan.
Speaker 11: Because you think it's First of all, El Sayed is the kind and I'm going to say El Sayyed whether he likes it or not. By the way, I'm not going to use the full name if I don't want to. I really didn't like that line at all. Yeah, I think because we have a great candidate. Now, it's the kind of year where you'd expect the elections to be close, and I put my money on the best candidate in situations like that, and he's running against somebody who's very flawed, who's got a record that you can prove and you can show, and you know, the President carried Michigan the race two years ago was was very close. And I'll point that out again you because I did it now. There was if you run and you get close and then you run again, I just think that is absolutely the best candidate because you're steaming. You're ready to go, you know how to do it, and you go out and do it with everything you got. And I'm sure Rogers is exactly that kind of candidate.
Speaker 1: You're right, John Thune did it as well, so did Bernie Marino more recently. Second time is a charm. Jim Tellen always good to talk to you. Follow him on exit, Jim Tellen, follow me the next segment here on the to Do It show, my friends. You've probably seen the headlines are worse. Your latest bill, meg Wireless is raising rates again. That means you could be paying more for the same service or getting pushed into a price there plan you simply do not need. That's not right. You can switch to consumer side of it right now and save an additional fifty dollars when you go to Consumer sailor dot com slash u and use the promo code Hugh fifty and if you happen to be over the age of fifty, listen to this. You can get a single line with unlimited talk, text and data for just thirty five dollars a month. Remember their numbers eight hundred four to one, one forty four to fifty four, eight hundred four to one one forty four to fifty four eight hundred four one one forty four to fifty four. Consumer Cellular ranks number one for network coverage and for customer satisfaction according to ACSI. And when you switch, you'll talk to an actual human being base right here in the United States. No long term contracts, no hidden fees. You can keep your phone or choose a new one. Get an additional fifty dollars off when you switch today using promo code Hugh fifty, and do not forget. If you are over fifty, you get a single line, unlimited talk, text and data for thirty five dollars a month. Visit Consumer Cellular dot com slash Hugh and use promo code h fifty or call one eight hundred four one forty four to fifty four and use promo code Hugh fifty.
Speaker 15: Half a century later, Watergates still shapes how Americans view power, scandal and trust. This weekend, the America two fifty film series presents Watergates Secrets and Betrayals revisit the investigation through archival footage, interviews, and new arguments about what happened. Launched Saturday and Sunday at seven pm Eastern on Salem News Channel.
Speaker 1: Welcome Back in America. The story of the day. Of course, radical l sied Abdul l Said's win in Michigan. In fact, it was talked about on this morning's brand new Getting Hammered. The host of Getting Hamored, Mary Katherine hamm is here. She and her co host Vic Matis, talked about it today, Mary Catherine, for the benefit of our audience, I want to make sure I give them the numbers again, because it was a very very close race. Elsi ed pulled seven hundred and seventy three votes eight point four eight percent of the state's Democratic electorate. Hailey Stevens had seven hundred and twenty six thousand, sixty five votes, or forty seven point five to one percent. That's less than one percent. Is Hailey Stevens justified at her anger at Polsters? What do you think?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think she is that clearly this was overstated by quite a bit, and I think probably helped him to some extent. And I think he was pushing that notion that he was going to be the stuble digit winner and then you end up with a really close call. So I would be annoyed as well. And it made mean something for the future. Also about twenty twenty six and how polling is overreading very engaged, white, liberal, college educated people.
Speaker 1: I'm going to come back to polling in a second, but first, Mike Rogers is the Republican nominee. Two years ago it was a presidential year. But two years ago he collected two million, six hundred and ninety three thousand, six hundred and eighty votes, as opposed to yesterday, el said, having seven hundred and forty thousand votes. It's tough to get turnout out because it's not a presidential year. Arguably, though this is the most exciting race in the United States. Rogers versus l said, do you think the turnout will match a presidential year? Mary Catherine Hamm.
Speaker 17: I don't know if it will match. The Republicans have an enthusiasm deficit. I think that Lsaed, being as extreme as he is will help with that to some extent. But if you look at the delta between say like the primary turnout for John James versus the primary turnout for the Democratic governor, that might not be the perfect gauge, but it's huge, right, So we need to think about this. We need to be optimizing getting people out to the polls. I know Mike Rogers sense he narrowly lost in the election year against Alisaslokan, who is a much better suited to Michigan. I think Normy's candidate. He has been on the ground and doing the work there, and I hope that his staff is very ready to get a bunch of Democrats for Rogers on board and make sure that they are making their commitments to be voted up on this one.
Speaker 1: Would you advisor candidate consultants to go with radical radical radical radical abdu lsied, or would you go with he's for medicare for all, we can't afford. It will never pass. Michigan will be a nobody going nowhere fast in the United States Senate? Which is the better strategy? Because you're right, Mike Rogers is a Normy seven term congressman, chairman of the House Intel Committee, which is a speaker designated the guy everybody trust gets to be chairman in the House Intel. He's an FBI agent. He's a very solid guy on Normy. How would you run the race if you were the consultant, Mary.
Speaker 17: Catherine, I think my take would be Normy vie radical, But you have to find clever ways to communicate his radical nature, because I think sometimes people tune it out when he sounds so wild that you're not quite sure if it's believable. Now, it helps that he says some of the things that he believes quite frankly, which is what a lot of the DSA aligned candidates have going for them. There's tons of tape on them saying these things. But normally versus radical, I think is a decent frame. The problem is that his norminess, it can be seen as establishment and people may want to cast about and find change, even if that change looks like lsayah.
Speaker 5: That's what worries me.
Speaker 1: One hundred and twenty thousand Jewish Americans live in Michigan, quarter of a million Arab or Muslim Americans, the predominant majority of whom are Arab American live in Michigan. How important is the ethnicity factor here?
Speaker 17: I think it's possible that you could get some undervote from the Jewish community, you might get some crossover, There might be donor loss to Democrats, and I think there already has been to some extent with this turn that they've taken toward an encampment coalition, which is what they have now right. They have a highly educated, largely white liberal campus encampment coalition that's aligned with some really bad sort of homosnek tendencies, and they've given up a black church union, household working class coalition to get it so that that's going to matter to people, and Republicans can speak to some of those folks who are who are falling off.
Speaker 1: Mary Kathern. I got to call him coming out on this race tomorrow for Fox News, and I carried over a phrase I call him in the Islamis supporting candidate because in the aftermath of the elimination of Hamini, he said he didn't want to upset the people who were sad about it, and I consider that to be Islamis supporting. What do you think of my characterization? It's gone, it's in print. You can't change it. But to go ahead you think it's too much light?
Speaker 17: Now, No, I think that's correct. I meant he's got like he said, oh, well, today he said, I want to speak to something. I intend to uh to protect Jewish Michigan durs the way that I would protect my own daughters. It's like you had a chance to speak out when a jihadist aligned with Hesbla tried to run his vehicle into a Jewish preschool in Michigan, and his response was to do a florid speech about how hurt people hurt people, thereby justifying this Jihati's actions to some degree due to military actions in the Middle East. He also hangs out with Hassan Piker, who says he has no issue with Hesbela and Hesbela's flag is his favorite because it's dope that is aligned, that's making excuses for those people, it is not speaking out against them.
Speaker 1: I agree. By the way, Hassan Piker also figures in the column because I think it is a Republican consultant's obligation to staple Piker to Abdul Al sayed, they should be you know Jana's face. They're the same person in my book.
Speaker 5: What do you think I think that's correct.
Speaker 17: Look, if this Han Piker is going to be the kingmaker in democratic primaries and parade around with them and go to their parties and have pool parties for them the day before the primary, then you have to answer for what he says. And again he's very frank about what he says. He was yelling last night about any of the Democrats who didn't vote for l SIAD, I e a lot of those black working class voters in Detroit calling them islamophobic pos So, yes, those comments are something that l si Ed, who's going to have to unite the party to some degree, should answer for. He said him last night.
Speaker 1: Okay, quick ex goog question on getting hammered today? Are millennials parents really calling their bosses? That makes my stomach hurt.
Speaker 17: I think it's gen Z's parents.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's us. It might be young.
Speaker 17: Millennials though, Like, I'm not going to say that the millennials have this figured out, but I do think there are people calling bosses for their kids to call and say that's apparently yeah.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be mortifying to you?
Speaker 5: It's horrific.
Speaker 17: I can't imagine how this happens, and yet here we are. And the thing I think we've learned is that we always thought that people who operate this way would meet the real world and they would have to shift how they're doing things. But in fact, a bunch of them were coming out of school and the real world is going like Oh, well, I guess we need you here, so I will let your parents call in sick for you. I mean, it's a wild thing, the way that management has shifted for people with these expectations.
Speaker 1: They're getting hammered. Podcast never fails to inform and entertain and sometimes absolutely idify the listener getting hammered. Make sure you like and subscribe it. Mary Catherine Ham can be followed on Exit MK Hammer. Her co host Victoria Mattis can be followed at Victorina Matis on X Thank mkhhall be right back America. Don't go anywhere, can they? Prague coming out from Washington State to Pennsylvania. Stay tuned to the huge at chef Welcome back to America. I've been focused on Michigan through to the program today, but there are other elections yesterday in Washington State, there's a very competitive race in the third congressional district where John Braun has taken on an incumbent Democrat who is to the left to left. John joins me now, State Senator Broun, Welcome, it's good to have you. Let's start by telling people what your website is and where the third Congressional district is.
Speaker 16: You bet Thanks for having me on so website simple vote Braun vote b r a u N dot com. Come there to learn about the campaign all the work we're doing here in southwest Washington, So Washington State, West coast. This is the southwest corner of the seven counties that go from the Columbia River to the Pacific Ocean just south of Olympia and then east up to the Cascade Mountains.
Speaker 1: Now, I looked at the electoral history of the third It votes Republican in almost every election. Was it just the fact that she beat Joe Kent, who's a little bit edgy. Was that the problem You're You're a normal mainstream Republican. You got a better shot against her.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, And I'm not gonna say aything about Joe. It just wasn't the right fit for the district and the timing.
Speaker 4: Was right for her.
Speaker 16: But we're we're very focused on running a campaign that reaches out to the independence across the district. Uh, it's a it's a Republican leaning district, but it's a swing district and you got to go earn the votes.
Speaker 3: And we're doing the work necessary.
Speaker 16: And I think you saw that in the first you know, first round the primary yesterday, and we're set up well to go win the general.
Speaker 1: Now what matters the most in western Washington State or the it's actually the border of Oregon, a little bit of Portland outer burbs. Am I right about that? Or the Seattle outer burbs.
Speaker 16: You know, it's just it's you know, broadly, and I suppose you could call it in the Portland metro area north of the Columbia River the border between the two states. So yeah, this is Vancouver is the is kind of the population center and very you know, just across the river from Portland. But this is a pretty rural district broadly. You know, it goes from urban area in the south to very resource dependent, timber dependent, fishing, that type of thing in the rest of the district. So it's a district that is historically very independent minded and Williams vote to vote for the person who they think is going to go represent them well in Congress. And it's a district that we held as Republicans for twelve years. Most of the state wide races win the Republicans win this seat, so it's a it's definitely a seat we can and should win. We're putting into work, and we expect to go win.
Speaker 3: It in November.
Speaker 1: You've represented how much of the district in your state, Senator.
Speaker 16: Yours, My legislative district is entirely within the congressional district. It's about twenty percent of the congressional district rough numbers.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a good head start. And will you debate her because she is a lefty and people. I think it's always better to let people know who you're running against.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 16: I think that's the way, you know, politics should work in our countries, that you've got to get up there and you got to defend your ideas.
Speaker 4: I'm more than comfortable doing just that.
Speaker 16: I mean, she has tried to hide behind a moderate, you know, image while voting for very far left policies. By vote supporting, you know, will ultimately support Team Jeffrey Speaker and the Democratic agenda that is, as you know, largely driven by the Democratic Socialists of America these days.
Speaker 1: Well, it could be a one vote Congress, and I try and tell people that every congressional district might be the decision as to who's running the House floor. Do the voters of Washington State care about that?
Speaker 4: I think they do.
Speaker 16: I think They understand that that we can't afford to have two years of Congress just doing nothing but investigations and drama. They want, they want their government, their federal government, to move forward, and even if they don't like everything, they understand that to move forward, we need to keep the Republican majority in the House of Representatives and we need to go represent them the third district in an independent way, but one that actually gets results and moves the ball forward for them and their families and their communities.
Speaker 1: So the website is vote braun b R a u N vote broad dot com. How much money do you have to raise in a district like this center, Well, that's.
Speaker 16: A great question, and I wish I kN know the exact answer, but I think you're going to have a pretty expensive primary. We've had, you know, commitments from the national folks.
Speaker 4: You know, I can tell you last time, my.
Speaker 16: Opponent spent over twenty million dollars both you know, both directly and some independent spending holding the seat. She's spent four and a half million in the primary loan out to spend us, you know, four to one, and still only got less than forty percent of the vote.
Speaker 4: So they're certainly not.
Speaker 16: And they're dumping money in from across the country from special interests, from the Soros family, So they're going to spend the money they think to win, and we got to go raise the money to counter that.
Speaker 4: I think so far we're doing a good job.
Speaker 3: We got more work to do.
Speaker 16: But we're on a good track to go raise the money and more importantly, go earn the vote and win the district.
Speaker 1: Well, the NFCC folks told me that you are one of our gettibles, meaning a Democrat seat that can switch back to the Republican party. They said, go get state, Senator Braun, get them on the show. So I hope you'll come back as we get closer. When does early voting start in Washington State, Senator Braun.
Speaker 16: It's yeah, it's twenty one days before the day of election, so roughly this second week of third second into the second week of October something like that.
Speaker 1: You've only got seven weeks till the voting starts. No vacations for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little more than that. Maybe I'm getting my math right yet.
Speaker 16: Thirteen weeks so.
Speaker 1: Maybe ten weeks, well, maybe get the weekend. Uh, but vote Braun dot com, go and help them out. If you're in Washington State, volunteer for him. Vote Braun b R a u N dot com. Thank you, Senator. I look forward to calling your congressman next year. Thanks tune in America. I'll be right back on the excuge Healius Show. Welcome back to America. Pennsylvania State Treasurer State Segarity attend to the money in them and wealth and she is running against Josh Shapiro for the top job in the Keystone State treasure Garrity welcome or should I call you colonel Garrity? Are you retired now from the army after your many years in three deployments?
Speaker 18: I am you, first of all, thanks for having me on. Yes, I hit my mandatory retirement date in twenty sixteen, or I would not be here as the state treasurer or nominee for governor because I would still be serving serving definitely wasn't as the honor of my lifetime.
Speaker 1: Well, my father in law was colonel. I called him colonel until his last day on this planet. So I'm going to call you colonel two treasurer. Colonel. So Treasure Garrity, you won an upset victory few years ago, you pulled more votes than Josh Shapiro. Your running ends. Now, how did you pull that off?
Speaker 18: Well, when I ran in twenty twenty, if you recall, I ran against an incumbent and I'm from rural Pennsylvania, Bradford County, and they had it had somebody from a row office in over forty years from a rural county, and so that was a huge upset in twenty twenty.
Speaker 19: So we didn't won by much, but we won.
Speaker 18: And the guy ran against was ex deputy mayor under ed Rendell. He was a Rhodes scholar. You an ambassador and outspent me eleven to one. So next time around, yes, one with more votes ever in a statewide in the history of Pennsylvania. And I think it is because I reached out across the aisle from day one. Half my staff are Democrats, half are Republicans. I do not care. I will work with anybody that wants to make Pennsylvania a better place to live, work and raise a family.
Speaker 1: Now, Treasure Garrity, you are right a person who's widely touted. He's been on the show before Josh Shapiro has been on the show. I'm friendly with him. But he's widely touted as running for president already. Is that an issue in the campaign, that he's actually looking past the State House to the White House?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 18: Absolutely, Josh was more interested in Pennsylvania Avenue than helping Pennsylvania families.
Speaker 19: He has his eye off the ball and it shows us. News and World Report rankings just came out. I think it was last week.
Speaker 18: We ranked forty seventh out of fifty in the nation economically, and that is just crazy. We were ranked low anyway, we were ranked thirty eight, and so we've dropped. And you know what, we ranked forty third in infrastructure, forty first overall. And because I'm the treasure this does make me crazy. We spend five billion dollars more year than what we bring in, and Pennsylvanians can't afford it. I mean, think about it. We're just celebrating our two hundred and fiftieth anniversary. Our Commonwealth is the birthplace of freedom and liberty, and the place where America's enduring dream of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness began. A movement that has freed more people economically and socially than any in the history of mankind. And so there is no way that we should be trailing in all these metrics.
Speaker 19: We should be leading the nation.
Speaker 1: Now, station Garrity, what is your website? So the people who want to get involved. We had lots of people in Pittsburgh and a lot of people in Philadelphia listening, and we got people all across the state on De Bendetto's station. What is your your website?
Speaker 18: So my website is GARTYFOPA dot com and the fores.
Speaker 1: Fo r okay, GARTYFOURPA dot com.
Speaker 4: Issues.
Speaker 1: When Josh Shapera ran, he was for school choice, but he turned down the opportunity to expand school choice and he's not yet signed on. I began the program with former Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin. Pennsylvania is one of the states that have not yet signed on to the Educating Freedom tax credit? Would you if you were governor?
Speaker 19: Day one?
Speaker 18: Absolutely? Day one, because who's that hurting? That's just hurting our kids because that money will go to other states. And so he's just playing, you know, trying to score cheap political points like he always does, you know, against the current administration.
Speaker 1: Okay, and what about the nature of your buying Israel bonds? I think that's great. You bought I don't know, twenty six million dollars of Israel bonds for the state of Pennsylvania for your portfolio. I think that's great. Does that resonated as an issue in Pennsylvania because there's a large Jewish population of supporters of Israel who are not Jewish all across the state.
Speaker 18: Right So, right October twelfth, five days after the Hamas attack, I invested in additional twenty million in Israel bonds. But here's the thing here, We've been invested in Israel bonds since the nineties, treasures on both sides of the aisle. They're a great investment. And why not take the opportunity to stand with our greatest ally, our only al quite frankly in the Middle East.
Speaker 19: And so I did. I got protested twice.
Speaker 18: The last one was they staged a dieing outside of my office.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 19: The reporters called me and they said, what do you think?
Speaker 18: And I said, you know what, they can come every day and protest and stage Dieing's the only dying that happened was October seventh. You know, against the you know, the horrible atrocities against the is is real people.
Speaker 1: All right, so that's foreign affairs, we coverage school choice. Let's get down the basics economic growth in Pennsylvania. There's a lot of natural gas, there's a lot of energy exploitation opportunity. There. Is it being used to its maximum extent?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 18: Absolutely not. And that's why we rank forty seventh overall. And that's why we have a structural deficit of five billion dollars.
Speaker 19: We are the Saudi Arabia of natural gas. And if we would unleash what we.
Speaker 18: Have right under our feet, I call it liquid goal. That would create two hundred thousand family sustaining jobs and generate five to six billion dollars in revenue that we desperately need. But right now, Josh Shapiro, he pretends that he's in all of the above energy governor, but he's quietly subverting natural gas. We really haven't had any new so to speak, power generation in a decade, and so right now, you know, you have data centers coming on and there's a huge and for electricity, and what are we doing. We've taken energy off the grid instead of adding it to the grid.
Speaker 1: So guaranty FORPA dot Com. How much money do you have to raise station. Guaranty to be competitive with Joshua Perrow, who will be well funded.
Speaker 18: Yes, we don't need to go dollar for dollar. We just need to get enough money to get our message out. Latest polling that came out hasardd a seven point race view, and so that just came out today.
Speaker 19: So we're super excited about it because people.
Speaker 18: Are figuring out that, you know what, Pennsylvania should be leading the nation. There is no reason for us to be squandering our blessings. And again, it doesn't have to be this way. You know, when you look at oil and gas deregulation DP I called don't expect a permit.
Speaker 19: You know, school choice. He's had not one, not two, but three positions on school choice. Yeah, it won't surprise you.
Speaker 18: I've had one position and that's parents, not bureaucrats, know the best way to educate their kids.
Speaker 1: Guaranty for PA dot Com g A W R I T E T y two ts.
Speaker 19: Garretty, Uh, Nope, two RS one T two RS.
Speaker 1: One T for p A dot Com. Garritty for p A dot Com. Get in there and help her. The Keystone state matters a lot, a lot of congressional races. She will help with as well indefatigable campaigner. We look forward to seeing you again. Stacy Garrity Garretty for p A dot Com. Stay tuned in America. I'll be right back. I'll think you do it.