Speaker 1: Life audio in today's episode of Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 2: Is there meaning to life if there is no God? And the answer is no.
Speaker 3: Personally, I'm an atheist and I see meaning to everything that exists.
Speaker 4: Tree.
Speaker 2: I think that's great. I think that means well, now that you mentioned that, what meaning do you see in a tree?
Speaker 3: There's meaning beyond just looking at the tree and seeing the tree as a physical entity. There's an essence beyond our human understanding. So the thought I had, well, it doesn't make.
Speaker 2: Any sense to me. There's an essence, there's an essence to a tree that is beyond there a human understanding. But there is no God. So you find God irrational, but you find your comment to be rational.
Speaker 3: Well, my point is this is obviously we're trapped within our senses and we cannot understand the tree, uh the way that God would.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, but you don't believe in God, So why are you saying that?
Speaker 1: That's coming off? On Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Welcome to Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Here thousands of hours of Dennis's lectures, courses in classic radio programs, and to purchase Dennis Prager's Rational Bibles. Go to Dennisprager dot com.
Speaker 2: You are listening to the Ultimate Issues Hour each week at this time on the Dennis Prager Show, I talk about some great ultimate issue of life, some great eternal, powerful question. Welcome to the Welcome to the Ultimate Issues Hour. And today it is as ultimate, as ultimate as you can get. This is Dennis Prager. Thank you for being with me, and that is can there be? Is there meaning to life? If there is no God? And the answer is no. So let me explain this to you because for many people this will sound bizarre, because an atheist or agnostic will surely say, and can say, wait a minute, you mean to tell me the love I have for my family, my love of music, or of my work, my attempt to better my society, these are not meaningful. Who are you to tell me that these are not meaningful? They are meaningful to you, But that's not my question. My question is not can you find any given act in life personally meaningful? Of course you can, whether you're an atheist or a believer. That's not my question. So don't tell me that you find meaning in family and meaning in your work and meaning and doing good acts. I know that I know that that's not my question. So again, clarity before everything. Does life itself have meaning?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 2: Does any given act that you do make you feel meaningful? Of course it does, and it should, and that's fine. But life itself is pointless if there is no God. That's all you can subjectively feel meaning in helping the poor, in raising a child, in making a life with your partner, your spouse, in life that's wonderful. But in the final analysis, that is all subjective feeling. There is no objective meaning to life. It doesn't exist. If there is no God, there is no design. It is all coincidence. I remember I had on I once had a national TV show, and I remember having Carl Sagan, who was the America's most popular astronomer. He was He was on public TV, and he was very Every book he put out was a national best seller. He was a professor of astronomy. I was at Dartmouth, I don't remember exactly where, and he was very eloquent, and he was a good looking guy. And then was he knew his astronomy and he was he was an atheist. And I remember having him on my show, and I'll never forget him saying something to this effects is Dennis's I want you to know when I look out at the at the cosmos. That was his favorite word, cosmos. That there's the name of one of his books. If I'm not mistaken, when I look out at the cosmos, Dennis, and I see the vastness of the universe. The more that I know about the universe, and the more I see and here into it, the more I realize how insignificant we humans are. So there you go. That's exactly right. He realizes how insignificant we people are. He was an honest atheist. He looks at the universe and realizes we we we we have no significance. Now, he wouldn't say that his life was insignificant, or your life, or my life, or if he had children, his children's life. Of course it's significant to me. But ultimately we're insignificant. We have no we have no importance. And that and he would he would. That's what I call an honest atheist. And there are such believe me. So here is on the Ultimate Issues hour. Here is my my first point, my point for this hour. If there is no God, life itself is meaningless, it's all random chance. You have no more ultimate meaning than a pebble? Does it came about by accident? You came about by accident if there is no God? And that's it. And it boggles my mind that more secular people don't acknowledge this very very awful consequence of secularism, insignificance leading to boredom. That's why the more secular the society, the more the need for amusement. Those with religious meaning are less a less inclined to need a fantastic amount of amusement in their life to while away the boredom. It was who wrote in Bluebeard's Castle, Oh yes, Alan, give me that is one of the great books. I'll get you that in a moment. And he he makes this point in this in this magnificent book. I think I have it as one of the ten that most affected me in Bluebeard's Castle. George, Oh it's killy, It's killy. I'll have it momentarily. And he makes this point that we should never never underestimate the significance of George Steiner. I remember, not George Steiner. That's it. Boredom on we has a very powerful effect. And secularism breeds on we. The great French word for something deeper than boredom. But it comes from a realization, whether it is conscious or not, that really nothing matters. Nothing really matters, so you might as well just have as much fun as possible. If nothing really matters, then you maximize excitement and fun in life. There are consequences. What I'm saying is there are consequences to a godless view of the world. There are many consequences that will be a major theme of the Ultimate Issues Hour talk about all sorts of things, but that will be certainly one of them. And Alan, I think that male sexual nature should be one of the themes too, that we should do so if you would put that down all right? One eight prayer seven seven six is the number one eight p r A g e Er seven seven six. I have put before you the thesis of the hour eight seven seven two four three triple seven six if I especially, I'm happy to hear from anybody, but I especially want to hear from those of you who do not believe that there is a God who designed the world? Do you? Does it make sense to you when I say that if there is no God, then there is ultimately no meaning to life? Is that I want to know if whether you agree or disagree, I don't want to know. Does it make sense to you? Because this is a very big deal. That is one of my arguments for God's existence, the fact that I believe that there is meaning to life. I can't believe, and I don't mean emotionally. I intellectually cannot accept the idea that life really is pointless. But I have to accept that idea if there is no God. So since I am sure that there is ultimately some point to this human creature, therefore I conclude there must be a God. I go through it as it were the other way around, not that since there is a God, life is meaningful. I am convinced life has meaning. Therefore there must be a God, because there is no meaning if there is no God. Again, we are just coincidences here one eight prayer seven seven six is the number. This is something that needs to be conveyed. And by the way, this is not conveyed to kids at college. It is amazing. It's amazing. This idea is just not conveyed. Phoenix, Arizona, John, Hello John, thanks for calling.
Speaker 4: Dennis Brager. All right, how are you okay? Simple question. I just want to know how you feel that you can validate someone's meaning to their life.
Speaker 2: I can't. I acknowledge that everybody has subjective meaning in his life, raising children, doing good, being kind to the neighbor, having a hobby. I said that three times.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, so what in your opinion? And I think I know the answer, but I'd rather have you reiterate. Is the difference between someone who is a believer and in your opinion, has meaning and someone who is not a believer and does not have meaning.
Speaker 2: Ultimately, it's not a matter of whether I have meaning. It's whether there is meaning to It's not denis who has meaning or doesn't. As I acknowledged, an atheist can feel tremendous meaningfulness in his life. Okay. The question is does life itself have any meaning? Okay?
Speaker 4: And in your opinion, what is that meaning? Not to you but life itself.
Speaker 2: Well, if there is a God who designed us, then there is a purpose, and then the purpose may ultimately be only knowable to God. By the way, I don't sit here and say to you I know the exact purpose and meaning of all of life. I don't. It is sufficient for me to know that there is a God and there is meaning, and then that gives me a great deal of intellectual and emotional comfort. If this is clear to you, stay on, or don't stay on. If it's not, stay on. But I really want to make this clear to everyone listening. You are listening to the Ultimate Issues Hour of the Dennis Prager Show.
Speaker 1: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, Dennis Prager. This is the Ultimate Issues Hour, one hour a week on the great questions of life, just as I have one hour a week on the issue of happiness. And it is this hour. And the question today is or not? The question, well, yeah, I guess the question is is their meaning? If there is no God, is there meaning to life? And the answer is no, that doesn't mean I have to say I'll have to say this every time. I really I ask your forgiveness for the many of you, for whom it is obviously clear. But I know that it is not clear to many people. I am not saying that if you're an atheist you can't feel that things are meaningful. Of course you can, I pray you do. You can find a million things meaningful. You can find a sunset meaningful, raising children, having a relationship with your spouse, with with somebody else, with friends, love, art, reading, travel, I could find a thousand things meaningful. That's not the issue. The issue is is their meaning to life period not do you personally experience meaningful moments? Those are two entirely separate questions. So I will return here in Phoenix, John, Is it clear now or do you still want to pose a question now?
Speaker 4: It's it's pretty clear after your explanation. But I'm still looking for the answer of that, that meaning which you probably can't answer.
Speaker 2: I can't answer that. That goes into the into the framework of if I were God, if I knew God, I'd be God. I don't know exactly why, and that will do that another time. Why did God create the world? Why did God create the man? I don't have. I have, I have some answers, I don't have the full answer. It doesn't bother me. Those there are questions that people ask that don't bother me, and bother them. That doesn't bother me. It's if it is utterly intellectually and emotionally satisfying to know that God designed the world and God told me how to live a good life. That's all I ask from God. Okay, all right, all right, John, and I appreciate very much your call, and let's go to Tom and San Mateo, California. Tom Dennis Prager Height.
Speaker 3: Hey, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Okay? Thanks?
Speaker 3: My question is it's obvious that we see meaning in everything. And I'm not just talking about the sunset thing.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Personally, I'm an atheist and I see meaning to everything that exists.
Speaker 2: I think that's great. I think that means well, now that you mentioned that, what meaning do you see in a tree?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: There's meaning beyond just looking at the tree and seeing the tree as a physical entity. There's an essence beyond our human understanding. So the thought I had, well.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make any sense to me. There's an essence, there's an essence to a tree that is beyond there a human understanding. But there is no God. So you find God irrational, but you find your comment to be rational.
Speaker 3: Well, my point is this is obviously we're trapped within our senses and we cannot understand the tree the way that God would.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, but you don't believe in God, so why are you saying that.
Speaker 3: Well, here's my point. There's things outside of us that we don't necessarily understand pretty much all of existence. But we know that there's a meaning to them because we're seeing them, and we're kind of seeing them in a watered down Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: This is an utterly unscientific view. You are talking as if there is a god and then fooling yourself into thinking you don't think there's a god.
Speaker 3: Well, my point is this, we know that there is something.
Speaker 2: Else as a way we know why wait wait, wait, wait, wait, don't we don't know any What do you mean we know there is something else? The comment doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 3: We know there is something more to the tree or to the person.
Speaker 2: No, we don't. Not. If there's no god, there is nothing more. It is a series of molecules that have organized themselves into a tree. There's nothing more whatsoever.
Speaker 3: If there's no god, well, there's something more than we can understand.
Speaker 2: No, that's not true. We understand. As soon as science tells us exactly what makes a tree, we understand it.
Speaker 3: You think we can understand a tree absolutely without a shadow of a doubt, you can, Well, I don't even.
Speaker 2: Well, you're using terms that the mystic uses. And then you deny that there is anything transcendent of science. So you're you like, live in two worlds but don't realize it. I don't know why you don't accept that there is a God. You certainly talk that way. You're more mystical than I am. For me, a tree is a tree. Okay, I appreciate your call. We'll go to Bedford, Texas and Mike Kellow, Mike, Dennis Prager, Hi, Dennis, Hi.
Speaker 5: Well that was fast. Okay. First of all, this is the best hour you have by far.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you love it. And I want everybody to have their own favorites, ideally fifteen favorites. Oh okay, go ahead.
Speaker 5: And by the way, I agree with you, but I can't explain why. Okay, However, I wanted just to just ask you a question. It's something I've been struggling with for a long time. If God is the source of objective meaning in life, then exactly how does God's existence produce that objective meaning as opposed to simply a subjective need to believe in God?
Speaker 2: Yes? Because God? If God exists, and God objectively exists, so is that correct? Well, yeah, and the key if well, of course, the keyword is if my whole thing is predicated on and if if there is a God, there's meaning. If there's no God, there's no meaning.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, there's no ultimate meaning.
Speaker 2: Yes, no ultimate meaning. I see, that's right. You can find baseball meaningful, bringing up kids meaningful, love meaningful of course.
Speaker 5: So really, this whole thing boils down to people who simply want to believe in God versus people who don't want to believe in God.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't boil that to that at all. It boils down to the question of do you do you acknowledge the simple truth that if there is no God, life is ultimately pointless. That's what it boils down to. It has nothing to do with what you will.
Speaker 5: I what I acknowledge is that if God does not exist, then life exists for its own sake. That's it.
Speaker 2: Well, well, I don't know what for its own sake means, but it just exists. It just exists to exist. It exists, It has no design, It has no ultimate meaning. Yeah, if Earth blows up tomorrow, it's meaningless, right, Okay, fine, So that's all I ask I'm not trying to convince you of anything except that one point you apparently accept.
Speaker 5: I choose to believe God.
Speaker 2: Ex Okay, fine.
Speaker 5: And then because it makes me feel.
Speaker 2: Better, Okay, that's fine, Okay, great, I think that there I think that there are there are better arguments that makes you feel better. But I'm glad you feel better. I care, frankly, does it make you act better more than whether it makes you feel better, But that that's a separate subject and we will deal with that another time too. I appreciate your call very much, Mike, and let's go to Angie in Cleveland. Hello, Angie, Dennis Prager.
Speaker 6: Hi, I agree with you. I'm an atheist. I have that same kind of feeling that there is no meaning if there is no God. And as much as I try to do good things, try to be a decent person, that idea still lingers in the back of my mind. I tend to shove it away. But I'm just wondering, what do you do at that point to just change my mind about my beliefs. Isn't something that's easy for me?
Speaker 2: In other words, because you have faced the abyss, you would like to believe in God. Correct, Okay, hold on, You're you're the ideal call, as it were. See that that's exactly the point. That's what I ask atheists to honestly do, face the abyss, the darkness that their lack of belief in God must in fact rationally lead to. We'll be back in a moment. I'm Dennis Prager.
Speaker 1: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Dennis Prager Show, the Ultimate Issues hour every week at this time, an hour devoted to the great questions of life. This time it is can there be meaning in life? And I don't mean meaning in your individual life about things you find meaningful? Of course, that's a subjective thing. There's beauty in life. There's a whole of things that you can you feel, and I don't deny that. My question is, is there any ultimate meaning to life itself? If there is no God? And of course the answer is no, because we're all we are simply physical beings who happen to have a mind. But we're just physical beings who who came by accident and who died by accident. And that's it. That's all we are if there's no God and be honest enough to acknowledge it. Now here is the great question, or one of the great ones from Angie back to you, Angie in Cleveland. So you, I am curious you have have Did you recognize the what we what I call the abyss of of a an atheistic view of life? Did you realize this before this hour? Or or this is just reinforcing or what?
Speaker 6: No, Probably within the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Right, So it's become clear to you if there's no God there right, So this is good? So this is this is perfect? Then? So you want to know, then, how can a person who doesn't believe but acknowledges the the the rather sad reality of life if there is no God, you would like to be able to believe in God?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Right? Well, Alan, put that down. I'm not getting away from this, Angie. I just want to put this down. I would like to do that for one of the hours of this Ultimate Issue's hour. How How would one who is inclined to atheism come to take God seriously? Were you raised in a religious home?
Speaker 6: My mother was Catholic. We went to Catholic Mass, but only on holidays. I never did confirmation or any of those things. Right, So, no, we never talked about religions and.
Speaker 2: Right and and did you I assume you went to college. Yes, And of course, now that's an entirely secular experience. What I think you need to realize before you would do anything in the direction of trying to take God seriously is realize what a thorough going secular brainwash you've had. The society, the media are thoroughly secularized, and the education you received were thoroughly secularized. So you've really never had a chance to encounter sophisticated.
Speaker 6: Belief Yeah, your show was actually the first time I've ever heard anyone speak about religion, about the Bible, about those types of beliefs. But I do have to say that I didn't come upon the realization that I was an atheist so much like I think most people do. I actually was about fourteen or fifteen when I realized that people believed in God differently than I did. I never sat down and thought, does God exist? No, I don't think he does. I just always assumed that it was some kind of myths. I mean, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but it just that's how it always presented itself.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly that, and that's how it was presented to you. That is the typical American educational experience. That it's either ignored because you weren't taught about God in college or high school any more than you were taught about astrology. They're regarded as the same as just the beliefs of buffoons. Maybe well intentioned, maybe non well intentioned, but of buffoons. The first thing that you need to realize, and I can't answer you fully now because I want to take time to do that properly, but the first thing you need to realize is that you have not been able. You have not been offered the opportunity to intellectually weigh the arguments for and against God. It has been weighted ninety nine to one against.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I see, so you constantly need to have that reinforcement.
Speaker 2: Well no, it's well, well, all you need to know is that you have not You have disqualified God without giving him a fair trial. You have rendered him non existent without ever having a trial. Okay, Okay, now now in that regard, I mean, I may there's so much I could recommend to you. C. S. Lewis is terrific from the Christian side as an example, but I certainly would recommend my tape the case for God's existence. I'd like you to hear it, send me, send me an email or through a Preger radio. We will, we will continue, and I will deal with that subject on another Ultimate Issues Hour. How does a sophisticated person today take God seriously? But that's not the subject of this specific hour. We continue.
Speaker 1: Are you enjoying timeless wisdom? We'd love to hear from you. Call eight seven seven two four three seventy seven seventy six and leave a review, share your thoughts, or just even an encouraging word for Dennis. Your voicemail might just make it on the show. That's eight seven seven two four three seventy seven seventy six. That's eight seven seven two four three triple seven six. Thanks for listening and for your support.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Dennis Prager Show, the Ultimate Issues Hour. This hour of the week, I talk about the great questions of life, and it doesn't get greater than this. Is there any meaning to life? And I don't mean meaning to your individual feeling meaning about your individual life? Of course, most people do, they feel that the love of their family is meaningful, that they feel that their work is meaningful, they feel that anything that happens in any given day is meaningful, and you should feel that. And I'm not here to knock that. I'm not asking about whether you feel meaning in your life. I'm asking whether life itself does have any meaning in the final analysis, not whether you feel it in your individual life. Please understand that. And there God becomes the question. If there is no God and we are here as coincidences. Coincidences don't have meaning just chance. Random chance has no ultimate meaning. A designer designing has meaning, not random coming together of molecules. So that's the point. I mean, it's to me so self evident, and most I think most honest atheists acknowledged this. In fact, that's how you got the concept of existentialism. Since this, since life has no meaning, according to the atheist, you have to take meaning from your own existence. That's what existentialism is about. Existencesm take meaning from existence. But it doesn't work for the thinking person. It doesn't even work from any non thinking persons because they though they don't realize it's one of the reasons they get so bored when you really do believe that life is a sheer sheer fluke, it doesn't make life quite as interesting. In the final analysis, take this challenge from Denver and David Hi David Dennis Prager.
Speaker 7: Hy Dennis, how you doing today?
Speaker 2: Okay? Thanks?
Speaker 7: Yeah, interesting topic for sure. And you know, when I look at it from the way you're speaking, there, I kind of see two choices that we have in life. There either is no God or there is a God. And of course, if there is no God, then there is no meaning in life. But if there is a God, then I don't know. Do we have two more choices that God is here to has left us here to fend for ourselves or is God directly involved in our lives? And if He's left us here to fend for ourselves with no purpose or meaning, then there is no purpose or meaning. I mean, did he just yeah?
Speaker 2: So in other words, it is possible that there is a God who created life, but created it with no meaning.
Speaker 7: A greater being of some kind. And we have you know, we take speculation at it. We we look at all.
Speaker 2: Right, look, look, of course it's possible. Then God, then God is is the biggest sadest that ever existed.
Speaker 7: Well, that's kind of where I was going with this.
Speaker 2: Is this. Okay, you're right if if that's what you believe in, you would have to conclude the world was made by a sadist.
Speaker 7: But my problem is I don't know what to believe because there's so much confusion out there. You have your faith, I know a dozen other people, each one with their own view of it. I mean, I have one very close friend who actually talks to God and in conversations and.
Speaker 2: Well, wait does he get answers?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's just right there in his eyes.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like, look he well, then he's he's on a different level than I am, I must say. But no, the fact I don't see what the confusion is because what I'm saying is so broad based. This is acceptable to anybody anyone listening the anyone in any God based religion can accept what I'm saying. I'm not advocating any specific religious affirmation. I am not. I have no agenda for any given specific religion. Here. I am talking to you simply with the best of the honesty that I can I can appropriate. If there is no God, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: That's how I come back at you.
Speaker 2: I know you are. I know you are. But I'm just trying to answer that when you say there are all these competing claims out there, There are no competing claims on what I'm saying. There are completing claims on the which revelation is true, but there is no competing claim on this specific doctrine that I'm offering to you, which is not even a doctrine, it's it's it's a logical assertion. If we're not designed, if there is no God, then life has no ultimate meaning. You don't have to be a Jew, a Christian, a Muslim, you don't have to be anything to acknowledge that. You could be an atheist and acknowledge that. So there's no competing claim to what I'm saying. The only competing claim would be irrational. Well, life is ultimately meaningful, and in fact it's a total coincidence, But that's absurd, and so that I don't regard absurdity as a competing claim. So, David, there are no competing claims. There are competing claims as to which God, which revelation. That's not my business right now. Okay, let's go to Longwood, Florida and Lisa, Hello Lisa.
Speaker 8: Dennis Prager, Hello Dennis, how are you well?
Speaker 2: Thank you good.
Speaker 8: I consider myself an agnostic. I just don't know if there's a god. I can't acknowledge it.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not asked to know. At least this may help you. You're not asked to know. I don't know that there is a god. I believe there is a god.
Speaker 8: I guess I can't believe that there is and I can't believe this there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're not talking about knowledge, you're even talking about beliefs. So so, if you had to bet all your money, you had to bet everything that you own and and your future health on whether or not it all came about on its own, or or some higher intelligence designed it. Which would you bet? Or would you flip a coin?
Speaker 8: I would bet that there is some sort of higher intelligence, but nobody on this planet understands it. I don't think anybody has.
Speaker 2: Well wait wait wait, wait, woo woo woo wooh wait wait wait wait, So if you had to bet your future health and all your possessions right now, you would bet that we were designed. So fine, Well, then you're not an agnostic. An agnostic would flip a coin.
Speaker 8: My mother tells me, if I don't take the Bible and the God of Israel as the true and only God, then I'm I'm an atheist.
Speaker 2: That's my That's between you and mom. But I mean you and me right now is I want to establish that you're not an agnostic. So to begin with, if you had to bet everything of importance to you, you would bet that we were not sure, we are not self created.
Speaker 8: I would bet that that's great.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, So the next question becomes, do you believe that that which created us cares about us or just created us and is currently playing chess in another dimension?
Speaker 8: I would bet that he's or seeing or them they are just playing chess in another dimension.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, then your mother's right. You are fortunately an atheist. I love this call. God blow hopes. Oops, excuse me. May the chess players bless you, Lisa. We will return. Final segment coming up on this edition of The Dennis Praeger Show's Ultimate Issues Hour.
Speaker 1: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue now back to more of Dennis Prager's Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 2: The final segment here of this edition of the Ultimate Issues Hour of the Dennis Prager Show one to eight. Praguer seven seven six is the number, and it has been a really important hour as indeed, I try to make all the hours of my show, but especially the Ultimate Issues hour, because it's about ultimate issues of life. And I'm just asking you to acknowledge a rather important thing that you don't have to be religious to acknowledge. You just have to be intellectually honest. If there is no God and we are just coincidences in the universe, then that life has no meaning. And to repeat it's probably the fifth time I'm saying it because people don't hear it or people just tune in. That doesn't mean that you cannot personally find and feel meaning in your own lives. Of course you can. You can find a thousand different things meaningful. That's very different from whether or not there is any ultimate meaning to life itself, and there isn't. If it came about on its own, and it will die on its own, then that's it. We just visit for a tiny period of time and drop dead. And you have to be honest and face that fact. But it has consequences, and I believe it has huge consequences, consciously or not I'd be very interested. For example, just to bring it down to a very very mundane level, I would be very curious to know if a deeply committed to God, a God centered home is as likely to watch as much television as a secular home. I'd be very curious. Now, there are other factors as well about television watching. I have no doubt about it. There are other factors that could be involved as well. But on the same socioeconomic and educational level. Let's say a person who only went through high school who has a God centered home versus only through high school non God centered home, which do you think we'll have more TV? And I'm the reason that I raise it is because, in the final analysis, the sense of pointlessness and the need to be constantly drugged, and it is a drug by entertainment, by amusement, is going to be more felt by somebody who does not have God in his or her life. This is not a criticism, this is not an attack. This is not to make anybody feel bad, nothing like that. I want you to open your ears to what I'm saying. That's all. Open your minds to what I'm saying. And yes, therefore, if we are just coincidence. Then we are as Carl Sagan said to me, Dennis, I look up into the cosmos, and the more I see how grand and how large it is, the more I realize how insignificant we human beings are. Well, that was an honest atheist, and that's what I have asked for. How do you come to believe in this God? If you find it difficult, that's for another hour. In the meantime, I hope this woman has been beneficial. I'm Dennis Prager. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, I talk about the real, real issues of men and women on the Male Female Hour, and I want to read to you a letter I received after last week's show. You mentioned that you would like to do an hour on modesty. I am really looking forward to that one. Well, broh, here is your request is granted. I feel sort of like a Laddin's lamp here she rubbed on and voila, which, by the way, shows I read your mail, folks. I can't respond. I didn't even get the chance to respond to her, but I do. And if you have thoughts and reactions, they are absolutely invaluable. To me. I was asked this question a long time ago, and I'm very open on these issues, and that's why people ask me. Well, Dennis, so, as a man, do you like when women were very revealing clothing? And I said, and this is this was a key answer. The male in me loves it. The man in me doesn't.
Speaker 1: Join us tomorrow to hear more on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager, visit Denispragger dot com for thousands of hours of Dennis's lectures, courses in classic radio programs, and to purchase Dennis Prager's Rational Bibles. We want to take just a second to thank the team at Life Audio for their partnership with us on the podcast. Go to lifeaudio dot com to find dozens of other faith centered podcasts and their network, including shows about prayer, Bible study, parenting, and more.