Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Presidio Healthcare, America's first pro life Christian health insurance. This is not sharing ministry or crowdsharing program. It is real insurance, robust, protective, and surprisingly affordable, built on values that never change. See if you are eligible at procidiocare dot com such NWUS.
Speaker 2: Well, welcome to our new podcast set up here. It's a little rough, there's gonna be a lot of figuring out, but welcome to lofty goals and lofty expectations.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you took my joke from yesterday. Yeah, how are you just going to steal someone as a joke?
Speaker 2: So we're doing this.
Speaker 3: I've been sitting on that for a day.
Speaker 2: We're doing the podcast now here in the loft in our home, which I know so many of you watched Melissa and I build going back nearly four years ago now, I mean, I guess, yeah, four plus years ago. We worked on this house, got it built. In that time, we had a lot of people making suggestions for how it is that we can use this loft space, and to be honest with you, it really hasn't been used all that much whatsoever. So for us to now be up here because our old podcast studio has been ripped apart. We moved everything in here and we're in the loft. Well see how it goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're overlooking the entire house. We can watch Amazon deliveries. Mike is actually sleeping in the room next to us, so if you hear a baby, just start crying. You know, this is so strange being in our home recording the podcast, So welcome inside.
Speaker 2: We're very nervous about this, if you can't tell, just it being in a new space. We're very uncomfortable. But check out this really cool center shot that we have set up. I think this is the best edition, new edition. We always had a center shop. But Daryl's now missing. No Daryl, no bigfoot light, and like I said, we're a little uneasy. This is all just very new.
Speaker 3: Sure sad about the curtains.
Speaker 2: And the curtains are gone. I know a lot of you're gonna be happy about that, but no, a new fresh start for us. You can have to boat like like, just give us a little space because there's a lot of figuring out with being in a new space. I already know we have some lighting issues obviously, where we're in front of these big windows. Yep, it is really really warm up here because we're getting the afternoon sunlight.
Speaker 3: So again, just incredibly warm up here.
Speaker 2: Bear with us, show us some grace and hopefully this works out. This is going to be temporary for us. Yeah, once we get the new space built out and.
Speaker 3: We're going to bring in some plants and some color and things like that. I mean, this is literally week one. We got up here and we went, wow, it's really brown up here. So we're going to try to bring in some color. This is temporary. We are building out a new podcast space, but for now this will house us in our house with our lofty dreams.
Speaker 2: And if we start sweating profusely again, it's really really.
Speaker 3: Warm one hundred and four up here.
Speaker 2: So we have this still little planet that Melissa set up at the back of the table to go along with.
Speaker 3: Her Yam yam, our only piece of decor.
Speaker 2: We also have this tiny plant right here because we have a grape that's set up as the air return for our HVAC system. Again, a lot of figuring out that.
Speaker 3: We have to do to make it it's not going to stay. I got some new plants coming. They'll be here on Wednesday, So next week plants guys.
Speaker 2: So it's been a couple of weeks since we've recorded a podcast. This is a new space and location for us and doing so and so because of that, let's see how we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited to be back.
Speaker 2: On today's episode of the podcast. We're gonna be discussing the friendship recession. Is this the term that you've heard before?
Speaker 3: I have never heard it. You brought it up today, and that's new to me.
Speaker 2: With hearing this brand new term. Do you think that maybe is something that applies to us.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like we're in kind of a friendship drought at this point, Like it's beyond depression friendship depression.
Speaker 2: Are you depressed about it?
Speaker 3: I'm not personally depressed about it, but I would say the length of time that it's gone on.
Speaker 2: Friendship drought.
Speaker 3: Drought.
Speaker 2: I like drought that sounds less sad. So we have a video that go along with that. We will be playing that for you guys and discussing because apparently this is a new thing that has really taken off and flourished with our generation in particular, ever since COVID struck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, yeah, our generation and probably the generation after us, and I mean maybe even maybe even the boomers. I think a lot of people are just more prone to stay home and a little bit more comfortable with that. I mean, even like you were bringing up even church. You know, like how many people watch online church instead of attending church. And that wasn't an option before you had to get up and go to church, but now you don't.
Speaker 2: It's now you can watch it on We will be discussing all of that, but before we jump into today's conversation, Molsa has a Tiny Human book plug.
Speaker 3: We're going to plug right now. Okay, so you guys know I've been working on Tiny Human and so this is the actual size and hardcover of the book. We're going to have books in hand next week. And so this is what our little gift set looks like. It is Yam Yam. He has spaghetti sauce all over his neck because Michael loves him so much. He's completely taking an over them and he's filthy at this point. But this is what he's going to look like after a week of being loved at your house anyway, So this is Yamyam. This is the book. This is what the gift set looks like they are forty dollars and they make a perfect gift. I know it's crazy to think about Christmas.
Speaker 2: All righty it falls off the back of the table.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, she'll die. So Yam Yam is going to sell out. I just heard that half of them are already sold and we're not getting any more. So if you think you're going to want the whole set, please please please get your orders in because it's just it's going to be like Ludo, we're not going to get any more of them. Also, you can send a Yamam and the book to a mother who chooses life. These are going to be held in the mobile units for Save the Storks. And then as soon as they go around and they will park outside of places where women will go looking for options and maybe not having options, and so they give free pregnancy tests and they give free altersounds, and then as soon as a woman hears their baby's heartbeat or they see either baby for the first time, or they just get a positive pregnancy test, they will be gifted one of the donation yams. And but we name him Yam because that's what Patka calls him. I don't know why that became his name, but anyway, for forty dollars, you can save a life because it will be the first gift that they are ever given. So we think that would be really a special thing. And also we are now we were donating fifty percent of all royalties, and now in Eva and I have decided to donate one hundred percent of all royalties. So every single dollar that we make off this book is going to be donated towards making motherhood possible. We're going to be buying diapers and wipes and donating them to options clinics to give out to women that are struggling.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go. What's the website.
Speaker 3: It is tiny humanbook dot com. So go to tiny human book dot com. He's an't going to ship till October. Again, get your orders in. They're going to sell out big things.
Speaker 2: So all the author that have gotten your orders in. And I'm going to point this out reluctantly. Do you feel the light that's like beaming across your face right now?
Speaker 3: I feel heat again? I feel so much heat.
Speaker 2: These are the challenges you might notice. We also have these massive snow cone I don't know what they're called but these mic cover things they.
Speaker 3: Look like giant ice cream costs was.
Speaker 2: A massive upgrade, I want to say, because we're dealing with sound issues grad I'm becoming very insecure. I put the podcast together, so I'm looking at like the lighting across your face right now, the fact that we're both roasting, and then the fact that the sound might be a little wishy washy.
Speaker 3: We're going to get this, get this scardaway.
Speaker 2: It takes time to really get everything dialed in, and it did in the last space. It's just a process you'll get here. It's a process of refinement. So again, please bear with us. We're going to do our best to make this the best show possible that we possibly can.
Speaker 3: We're making a lot of changes in our lives right now. I mean I have switched to a tea ball instead of a key bag. It's so that you don't put tea bags in because you know, like I'm on this health journey and I just found out that they so the paper in a tea bag doesn't break down into your tea. They spray the tea bag paper with plastic. So every time that you're using a tea bag, you're ingesting microplastics, and you know how I feel about microplastics. I got rid of all the plastics in our home, so now I'm using this and literally my camamel flowers are floating at the top. So if I have flowers all in my teeth through this podcast, you'll know why we've got.
Speaker 2: Light beams across your face.
Speaker 3: Get a bunch of stuff in my and your teeth, it's flowers.
Speaker 2: We're working progress, guys. Thank you for being here once again with the new the Old Soul podcast.
Speaker 3: I have to chew it.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling? We wanted to address just some of the criticisms with us moving this entire podcast here into our home and abandoning the tiny home location that we got. We got, uh, I mean somewhat expected, but we got a number of critical comments, which is okay, It's fine. People are allowed to feel however it is that they want to feel. Do you want to address some of the criticisms though, before we jump into the meat and potatoes of this Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so we kind of knew it was coming, because anytime that you build something online and people feel any kind of attachment to it, understand or they feel like this was a perfectly good space, and then why would you just gut it, throw it out like it's nothing because you want something better.
Speaker 2: Like it was not it was okay, it was it was wrong.
Speaker 3: It was rough. It had vinyl flooring on the walls, and again like vinyls not that.
Speaker 2: It didn't have proper plumbing, which is why we couldn't combing.
Speaker 3: And it had a major It had black mold on the walls in the kid's room, on the surface on the surface of the walls, and we had a major rodent issue going on behind the walls, so those walls needed to be ripped out, and all of that insulation had become nesting material for mice. So when we took the OSB off, something that wasn't in the videos is we had two massive nests in the ceiling channels that fell onto our help just I mean sorry, like a million mouse poop pebbles went everywhere, I mean scattered across the floor after hitting somebody in the head, and then behind the walls like that, you could literally see a trail of where they had gone, and there is currently a dead mouse stuck jerkied in. Like I mean, we had a major rodent issue.
Speaker 2: One of those major But yeah, we had some rodent issues and we just really slapped that place together for as cheaply as we possibly could, which is why there was improper plumbing and some electrical issues that were a little shot fortunately.
Speaker 3: Held around where mice could get in. We've now learned so much from that belt.
Speaker 2: Fortunately everything held up really well in the two and a half years that we were living there. So could KINMANI have moved in there, Yeah, you could have, but it's less than ideal. Yeah, and so we're doing this properly. We're adding some space to it. And I think that was a big part of the criticism of like, hey, this was six inch and square feet that you know was enough for the six of you, the six of us when we first moved here. If just your son is moving in there, why is that you're expanding and making the space so much larger, right?
Speaker 3: And Okay, So one I didn't consider it to be a very healthy environment after we moved out. I think when we were living in it it was different because there was activity and stuff. I mean, we still had some mice then too, and I think a squirrel. But remember there was like the one bigger Okay. Anyway, so I didn't consider that to be a healthy error environment somewhere where I would want my children living with mold and rodents behind the wall, and like you literally had to pull the walls out in order to clean it properly and bleach it so that and then also, this is not a space for just Kaimani for now. This is not just a launching pad. We figured since we're doing it, we're putting plumbing in and we're ripping walls out and bleaching and doing all that, we may as well expand it and make it a more livable living space for the future.
Speaker 2: Correct. Yeah, I think that's where a lot of the misunderstanding came from. So we are building this so that Kamani has an option once he turns eighteen to gain a little more independence. But really what we're building this space for is just kind of a secondary, more suitable, more adequate home in case in case. You know, we're fully anticipating that one of the kids at some point is going to get married, possibly have kids, and if the economic climate still is then what it is now to where it's really difficult for a young person to go out and just purchase a home like we were fortunately able to at the age of twenty three. This gives them another fallback to where they can be married with one or two kids and live in this space very comfortably. And so from the onset when we first moved here, we told a lot of you guys that hey, this is our plan that ideally things would work out to where we had, you know, the necessary resources to make this dream of having family here on this plot of land just just nearby, safe accounted for, and it's it's something that it was our dream to be able to provide this option for our kids so that they could take chances and know that they had a safety that in place should things not work out favorably. So that's really the reason and our motivation for demolishing the existing tiny home, which has been very a very very difficult process. So just put it that way. I was getting like legitimately sad in the process of turning this space apart, and I think maybe that came across in the video, But we just wanted to address some of these questions and concerns and criticisms of so many you had out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think that things have kind of changed, like it's not a new concept to build homes for your children. And so for us personally, our two oldest are not choosing to go to university, and so because they're not going to university, we will instead take the money that we would spend to send them to school and help them with their first houses because we don't want to see our children struggling and starting out in debt. If we can help them to get started and not have to take on these big mortgages that they can't afford and just start out their lives in crippling debt and stress and everything that comes with that. They can instead take the money that they would do for you know, apply to trying to buy a home and paying off high interest rates at a bank, and they can maybe start a business with that or do something else not have car payments. And so for us, it's just something that we can do for our children. And I don't view it as being any different than paying for school for your kids. You're helping your kids launch, yeah, And so I mean, I think a lot of the criticism is, no, you're actually keeping them at your place by providing housing for them. Case It's like, no, these are places that they can have They're free to live here, but they don't have to live here separately.
Speaker 2: Can I address just the comments of like it's excessive, like things are becoming excessive? Again, I understand the perception, but we put our all into what it is that we do, and we do everything for our family and specifically for our kids. And so, yeah, this did serve as an opportunity for us to pursue this really lifelong dream that Melissa and I have collectively had together of being able to just you know, get our kids started off on the right foot, I suppose, And so I understand the perception, but we've made a lot of shocrifices and worked very hard in order to enable ourselves to have this opportunity. And so that's been our lifelong pursuit. We've been very single minded in our focus, and so this is what we're doing. If folks don't like it, completely understand. Yeah, but we're excited for the future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like I said, it's not a new concept to provide for your children. Like there was generational housing for centuries, it's actually a new concept for families to just oh, you turn eighteen, you're on your own. Go And I mean families helped the younger generations. You're supposed to help the younger generations. You're supposed to leave a legacy. And I think the habit that Americans have gotten into in particular, because you don't see this a lot in European countries or in Asian countries, you see a lot more generational housing. You see it in Hawaii, probably from the Asian influence, and just you know.
Speaker 2: There's a necessity there for the same reasons. Housing costs are exorbitant there.
Speaker 3: Right, but they don't just throw people out, and like Grandma lives there, and mom lives there, and the grandkids live there, and there's something really beautiful about that. You do see it throughout Europe and in Asian cultures, and I think that's a really neat thing, and it's something that we've lost here in America because we are so fiercely independent in America that we think our children need to be fiercely independent when they turn eighteen, go out there and struggle and get and take on a lot of dead and then bring on all this credit card debt. And you can watch a twenty two year old or twenty five year old get married and just be drowning in debt, and then they feel like, well, we can't start families. We have all this debt, and so what is the point of having all of this wealth as family? Not that we have like wealth, but you know what I mean, Like everyone hoards their wealth or their retirement and then they leave it to their kids when they die. But at the same time, it's like, you can get it from my cold dead fingers. You know what are you sitting on all the money for? You can help your family now. You can help your kids now when their kids are little. Because let's say we live to the ripe old age of like you know, our eighties or nineties. I want to be one hundred and three, and then by the time I leave my children anything, their children are grown and gone and I haven't helped my grandchildren at all, and then they'll take that money and then they'll hold on to it until their kids kill us.
Speaker 2: The purpose of our life and the way that we do it is that we exist so that we can provide you know, opportunity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I help them now. I want to help them while we're while we're younger, and we're we have a lot.
Speaker 2: Of family discussions about the fact that hey, we've been building and doing all this, but Melissa and I very likely won't be around to enjoy it like the kids and hopefully our grandkids will. We're building all this for not ourselves. We're building it for the generations to come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't see the point of like hoarding anything from our children. The entire we live our lives for our kids. And so if we can get them started, and if I mean, Navea wants to stay here, so we're going to help her in every way that we can. She's going to be probably possibly she says yes, building her own house starting next year out here, starting in the spring, and so she's already in the planning phases for that. We are not paying to build her forever home. She's going to be doing that herself. So we're really proud of her. She's working very hard, saving her money. But I mean that build is her. We built a little apartment for her to live in while she builds. Same thing goes with Kaimani. If he chooses to build a bigger house, then he's going to be building that.
Speaker 2: I already told her I will help with some of the labor, but I'm not building you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not paying for it either.
Speaker 2: This is your thing since you brought it up reluctantly, and I asked, do you want to address some of the quote unquote wealth comments and remarks because I even got we got a comment that I ended up just getting rid of because I'm I. These are the ones that really gets me in comments don't generally gets me, but stuff like this does of like, Hey, you guys are being manipulative and trying to convince people that you are not rich and we are not rich people. People I drive a twelve year old vehicle, They.
Speaker 3: Think that we do that for show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'm bringing up my truck specifically because this guy said, hey, like, you're just driving old vehicles and cars to pretend like you're not rich. No, I'm driving an old vehicle and car because it's paid off. No, because my both of our vehicles are paid off. And again, it enables us to save a lot of money to do the things that we just prioritize and mean a lot more to us, like like an additional living space for our kids. I would love to purchase a brand new truck.
Speaker 3: And maybe you will like that's what I say. I mean because he keeps showing me all these.
Speaker 2: Trucks, this truck I've been wanting to trug.
Speaker 3: And pointing them out in town.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this is a matter of manipulation. Like we work, We work very hard. We work seven days a week, and I don't feel.
Speaker 3: Guilty because we do Sabbath.
Speaker 2: Now yeah, yeah, okay, we'll say six. But it's seriously, I know everybody wants to be dismissive the fact of like YouTube isn't a lot of work. It's a lot of work. It really is especial when you're running too channels like we are, And so do we make a good living doing that? Absolutely? Do we work really really really hard for it. Absolutely. We're not these people that like have been blessed with being promoted on the platform at all. Like this has been a grind for us since day one. We've fought and clawed for any ounce of proceeved success that we might have had online. And I'm okay with that. I'm actually, you know, somewhat appreciative for it, quite honestly, because it serves as a motivating force for us and pluging away. But never has this ever boiled down to like trying to manipulate anybody through cameras. We work hard, we save our money, and we don't spend money on things like lavish vacations and we take a once a year family trip. We don't have things like new cars. This guy was like you about one hundred thousand dollars boat. We bought that boat. It was not one hundred thousand dollars. I bought it used. It's six years old, and I got a really good deal on it. And for me, again, it was at about the purchase of a boat. It was about having an opportunity to you. Really look that I get to you to create more memories, just this one in particular.
Speaker 3: And he made fun of mine minivan, and so I like, Patty, since you.
Speaker 2: Bought the whole world thing up, Like, we're not we're not wealthy people. Again, we work very hard, we make a good living, not trying to deny that, but we're not wealthy by any means. We still scrape and sacrifice, and we don't purchase new clothes, you know, and if we do, they're very shape tooths. We're just we're not those types of people. We are people that work hard for what is we want and what we want is to create kind of a family compound here in our property. That has always been the goal, and so for that reason, that's that's the way we operate the world. Yeah, we do.
Speaker 3: Like the builds and the continuing of building has nothing to do with YouTube. Like that's another like, oh, you're just doing this for your YouTube. You're just building this for YouTube. You're starting a new build for YouTube, and it actually has nothing to do with YouTube. A lot of the decisions we make have actually hurt us on the platform. One getting into politics podcasting podcastry, speaking freely for an hour where you're expressing your thoughts and opinions has hurt us tremendously. We have had so many people say, I literally can't stand you guys anymore, now that I know how you feel, you've brought, you've brought God into things, you've brought your politics into things. Can't stand you guys anymore. And so they're like, I literally cannot even enjoy your building.
Speaker 2: Falls in line with that, like, continuing to do what it is we've done for the last six plus years now it doesn't benefit us at all. We would do and perform much better if we were to pivot and take on a new adventure. But again, that's not what we're about. And if hopefully, in doing this podcast, you guys feel as though you've got to know us fairly well. We're not people who pursue like whatever it is that's popular online. We do what we do and if people enjoy it, fantastic, and if not, that's okay too. There are a lot of other channels out there and a lot of the other people who are willing to do that, and that's not a knock on those people. I'm not trying to criticize anybody else. You're free to do whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the platform it's for, it's a creative outlet.
Speaker 2: So we are not those people, don't We don't like wildly chase views online. We do what we do and we hope that people enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So our ultimate goal is just to live debt free and then hopefully help our children to live debt free. Also. I think there's just a lot of peace and freedom in that. And so part of our homeschool curriculum, because we homeschool our kids always have is just teaching them how to start businesses, how to work for themselves, how to try different things and how to chase their passions and their hobbies. I mean, if one of our kids has a hobby or a passion, like we go all in like well, I mean, Eli and as many hobbies you and your many hobbies.
Speaker 2: We're going to get into that. I don't want to be a dead horse with this whole thing here. But being in this new space and some of the critiques and criticisms that we got in the comments, we don't and bothered. I'm feeling legitimately hot. It's like my mustache is sweating, and hopefully that answers some of your questions.
Speaker 3: My mustache is sweating too.
Speaker 2: And if you have any fair questions that you'd like for us to elaborate on, please take them down. On the comments, I have no problem, it's just the people that get rude. I don't. I have a very low tolerance for these overtly just like flat out rude behaviors where you start name calling, you start making judgments upon our family and the way we do things like I'm sorry, I'm not here for it.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of times like it's funny because I have that initial reaction to where I'm like, oh yeah, and I want to like Kermit the Frog on.
Speaker 2: Them, Oh, you're that person.
Speaker 3: But then sometimes, like I have realized, if you just like take a breath and then you just talk to people like you can really find some common ground with them, and sometimes it's just a misunderstanding or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, you've done really well in that regard. And like I ran into some people in town earlier this week and they brought up just some of the critiques and criticisms they see that we get, and they're like, oh, I know how you put up with it and how you do it. And I told them until the point of you know what, I'd rather you hate me for everything it is that we are, rather than love me for something that we're not. And that's kind of the philosophy mentality that we've always operated with. So if we don't do it for you, great, I wish you'd stuck around, But if you're making a decision to go elsewhere, so we we'd.
Speaker 3: Rather be your shadow whiskey, then everyone's cut of tea.
Speaker 2: That's correct, mama. All right, let's jump into a video number one, the one that we referenced here. We will reat you don't Okay, you have a little tea leaf there.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it's like drinking sand in Jeremy.
Speaker 1: Let's jump into our video on my health journey, I was struggling to get all the protein that I needed because honestly, I can only eat so much meat, and then sometimes I just want something sweet and refreshing, and that is where my daily smoothie comes in. Now. I researched a lot of different protein options, and all roads just kept leading me back to my tried and true to EQUIP protein.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I quip protein really is the cleanness that we could find. So you get twenty one grams of protein and none of the junk artificial sweeteners, colors or fillers of all those popular way of proteins. And the best part is no protein bloat or stomach ache.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The equipped prime protein is an all natural grass fed beef protein, and since it is free of dairy, soy, eggs, and whey, which are all allergens, it doesn't cause any of that gut inflammation and the discomfort that can come with other proteins.
Speaker 2: So the cool thing about beef protein is that it's made the same way as bone broth, low and slow to preserve nutrition. It's packed with collagen, gelatin, and micronutrients that your body needs repair joints and soft tissue.
Speaker 1: Plus, equip really cares about the quality of their product, and they rigorously and transparently test for heavy metals, microplastics, toxins.
Speaker 3: And even chemicals.
Speaker 1: My go to flavors are the chocolate and the vanilla, but there are ten great flavors to choose from.
Speaker 2: Prime Protein has been such a game changer for us, and now is the absolute perfec time to stock up because equip is getting our viewers an incredible offer. Just hits for our linkdown and the description below, or to Equip Foods dot com slashwos and use our promo code nwosc you' twenty percent off your first word.
Speaker 4: If you're watching this video, perhaps you know that feeling when you're scrolling through Instagram at eleven PM, seeing your old college friends at some dinner party you weren't invited to, and suddenly you're hit with this weird mix of fomo and existential dread. Like sure, you know to try not to take things personally, but at the same time, it makes you feel like something is wrong with you, that you're not good enough. That's something the entire generation is grappling with, the slow, painful dissolution of meaningful adult friendships. There's a big misconception that the loneliness epidemic is only felt by introverts al those staying at home with no hobbies. The reality is everyone is feeling it. Society has fundamentally changed a lot the past decade, and people's expectations for friendships have become higher and higher as we move towards an individualistic society. So, although you've probably heard it plenty of times, you're not alone. The research and studies are coming out and it's affected society in many subtle ways. The Great friendship Recession the uncomfortable truth we're living through what researchers are calling a friendship recession. This isn't just millennial whining. The data backs it up. Since nineteen ninety, the number of Americans who say they have no close friends has quadrupled. Among people aged twenty three thirty two, the average number of close friends has dropped from three point four to one point nine in just the last decade. So why is this the case? Well, on one hand, there's no doubt that people are trying to be their best versions. Lately, with social media and everyone comparing themselves to the best of the best on a global scale, it's no surprise that people's standards in both themselves and others has risen. Here's where it gets interesting from a psychological perspective. Kal Jung, the famous Swiss psychologist, wrote about something called individuation, basically the process of becoming who you're meant to be rather than whose society expects you to be. Sounds empowering, right. Here's the thing. True individuation was never meant to happen in isolation. It requires witnesses, mirrors, people who can reflect back.
Speaker 2: To you who you're becoming.
Speaker 4: In other words, you literally need friends to become yourself. Yet our culture has sold us this myth of rugged individualism that says needing others is weakness. It praises isolation and being lone wolf and the fantasy of emerging victorious. Think about it. When was the last time you saw a movie where the climax was about maintaining a friendship rather than finding a romantic love. You've been culturally programmed to see friendship as optional and nice to have, rather than essential for psychological health. Meanwhile, your nervous system is screaming for connection because it is designed to evolved in small tribes where social bonds literally meant survival. There's a reason why loneliness feels so bad, because it's programmed to make you feel like something is wrong with you and makes you want to reconnect the cruel irony. The very technology that was supposed to connect us has made authentic friendship harder than ever. We're more connected, yet more lonely, more informed about each other's lives, yet less intimate.
Speaker 2: All right, mama, let's talk about it. Do you think that this applies to you? The friendship recession?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think I was in a recession long before the recession began. I feel like I went bankrupt, like after high school.
Speaker 2: And do you feel like that's a good thing? Do you agree with all the video messaging? Yes? And no.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like this guy understands introverts. So I think that most people probably do you feel this way, especially with social media. But what this person or I don't know if it was ar voice or whatever, yeah, or what this psychologist is missing is that introverts don't feel that loneliness, and they don't feel like they're missing out when they see a picture of their friends all out to eat, Like you might feel like, oh, I wasn't invited, and it's more of like an insult thing, but you don't wish you were there.
Speaker 2: I know the answers to this question. Do you the joy of missing.
Speaker 3: Joy of missing out? Like when I see I'm a true introvert and always have been, and then when I see a bunch of people out doing something, I feel relieved that I'm in my living room.
Speaker 2: And I always joke with Melissam that you want to get me something from our birthday, make plans, and then on the day of my birthday, cancel those plans. We're grumps.
Speaker 3: Like even trips, Like if a trip is planned and then I find out that it's not happening, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Like, I just I get how this comes across. But I and like I said, I already know the answer to this question.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 3: True, it's being true introverts. And I think if you're an extra or you're not a true introvert, you don't understand the minds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you have a list of friends currently?
Speaker 3: I have people I do.
Speaker 2: There are six of.
Speaker 3: Them are there all in the house.
Speaker 2: Their names are Melissa and ave Hukaimani.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have people that I care about that I would consider I guess I would consider them friends. But I'm just not a good friend person. Like I'm not my friends. I don't necessarily go and hang out with. But I mean, we just had we just had the fires, you know, breakout in our area, and like I was literally up like calling a couple that I consider to be on a friend absolutely, and so I mean I would do anything for them, but I probably won't go to a movie with you.
Speaker 2: What is a friendship entail? At this point they always try to tell people like, you don't want to be friends with me, You don't want to be friends with us, because we're not. We're very boring. For one and two, we're workaholics. Like we alluded to year in the first half of the episode, we work through Damna, and.
Speaker 3: When we're not working, we carry around a big, hot, steamy side dish of guilt, parental guilt for taking any amount of time away from our children. And so if we have a day where we're not working, we're with our children and we're trying to do individual activities with them. I mean throwing the ball and stuff too, but you know what I mean, like you, I will just wait to throw the ball with you in the evening, and like that is so much more important than going and getting a drink with somebody.
Speaker 2: I go back. I had we had somebody that I used to work with over the police apartment and come by to visit, and he was asking about whether or not I've been keeping in touch with everybody there that I would consider a friend back from the police apartment. I told him, it's kind of just waned over time, which is unfortunate, and if you happen to be watching them that this isn't again. I'm not trying to throw up like a steamy dish of guilt with anybody here, because I'm just as responsible in this situations that Greeks. I just you kind of lose touch with people over time. And yeah, I don't know that I personally, I mean, I do know. I don't really have anybody that I would call like a best friend currently because you said it is my best friend, Yeah, it's Melissa, And I don't necessarily think that there's anything wrong with that. And then when it comes to being like a you know, a good, platonic, reliable friend. I always try to lay off for people like that's that you don't want me as your friend. That sounds horrible awful to say, Like I understand how that sounds saying it out loud, but it's the reality of the matter.
Speaker 3: Did you hear that guy, that Manisphere guy? Navy I did a little podcast on Right Side Up on her channel about that guy who says, like, your wife can't be your friend.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I saw that one. Sorry, Nobil, you can't watch.
Speaker 3: Then Vie's Right Side Up.
Speaker 2: I don't watch everything. Here's another thing that people would probably be surprised by. I don't watch all the stuff we put online, even our own stuff. I watch it just to make sure that it's good to go, and then once it's out, I'm like, we're on to the next one.
Speaker 3: So that's funny.
Speaker 2: You just probably have a better like comprehension of what it is that we put out online, more so than I do.
Speaker 3: Well, there is a guy that's pretty popular in the whole Manisphere movement, and he's like an older guy totally reminds me of one of the commanders that would be in handmade stale. I know, I reference that show all the time, and it's because I swear it's coming true. And he said that wives cannot be their husband's friends, that men need man or friends to connect, and they're like, your wife is not your friend, they are your wife. And if you make them your friend, then you ruin like that romantic connection, and that you also like you're in the friend zone, and that also you lose like the hierarchy of being in your family, Like he wants to be like the king of his family and his wife to be like subservient friends and you're more equal, and he finds that inappropriate we are equal.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily feel that way. I mean, I understand where they're coming from with that, but I don't agree. I think you should be best friends with the person that you just spent you decide to spend the rest of your life with, that you partner up with, you do life with. Yeah, I think there is a benefit to men hanging out with men. There are a lot of like men's social clubs that have been popping up more recently. This has become like a thing online. I told you about that other one this morning where it's younger people like gen Z, people who are saying no to the entire AI social media complex.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was that conference called.
Speaker 2: I don't remember currently, but they basically go there and then like rather than having like tech CEOs come by and give speeches, they do talks on like artists and crafts or how to date, how to flirt and how to date without the utilization of apps, which I'm all in favor for it.
Speaker 3: That needs to be taught. Well, it was stuff like that used to be taught back in the day of like how to be a gentleman, how to approach a woman, how do kiss their hand.
Speaker 2: It's all just become emphasized on because the world's gotten so freaking crazy. You know, these damn kids don't know how to speak to one another, even our own children, because so much communication is done online. That's part of the video that I did actually agree with is that now we have social media and because of that, it serves as a substitute for so many of our friendships. Like I would say, I'm probably still relatively close with a lot of the people that I grew up with back in Hoy. You know, we've met up like with with Sean Dona Texas a.
Speaker 3: Couple of every couple of years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every couple of years. But none of us, at least for myself, Like none of us are on the phone, like hey, just checking in, seeing how you're doing. And I think at one point in time that was of the utmost importance when it came to maintaining those friendships and relationships. But now, because of social media, we see everything it is that people are doing, so we don't have to ask those questions. I can go and visit you for the first time in ten years and still have a feel as though, like I know what it is you've been doing and experiencing, and that really sucks because it takes the intimacy out of those relationships.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think we also forget like did somebody tell me that? Or did I see it online? Like you just sort of know what's going on with everybody, so you don't pick up the phone and call and ask you've seen their kids, you know, if their dog died, you know if their mother passed.
Speaker 2: You with family, I feel like it's become and it's terribly terribly tragic. I don't like it, but I'm guilty of participating in this regormor it's it's.
Speaker 3: Even birthdays, you know, like birthday cards. Yeah, when we had Nevella, she's got like forty congratulation cards, you know, because it was two thousand and six. And now with Micah's birth.
Speaker 2: Nobody cared.
Speaker 3: Eighteen years later, he got two cards and the b babies up.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick little pause. We'll jump back into this conversation. Apologies, guys, this comes with doing the podcast here in our home New situations. Okay, so our team daughter has been begging to get rid of her bunk beds that she used to have with her older sister and trade them in for a more grown up single bed. We resisted because we hate buying furniture online, but she found flexuspot Japanese joinery bed and we agree to give it a try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she chose the Japanese joinery bed with the pillow headboard in the natural walnut color. It was fun for her to go on there and design exactly what she wanted because you can get them with or without a headboard. You can also get them with a wooden headboard or the pillow headboard like you're picked out. They also come in different wood finishes. And they are available in full queen orcing sets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. This bit has a great affordable price when together in minutes, and it's made with a rubber wood which is hardwood that isn't easily damaged and is beautifully finished with a moisture resistant, scratch resistant coding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's actually really cool because Japanese joinery is a traditional woodworking method with interlocking joints that hold together through precise tension and compression. This creates a tighter, more stable structure that resists wear and loosening over time. And the slots are even secured with velgrow so they stay in place and it also reduces noise.
Speaker 2: So Flexi Spot is a global brand that focuses on organomic and space saving furniture. They're best known for thoughtfully designed home essentials that combined functionality, quality and modern style or create a more comfortable living space or working spaces.
Speaker 1: Just clickling down below to experience the Flexi Spot bedframe for yourself. Don't miss out use our exclusive code and wos for an instant discount. Transform your sleep with comfort, convenience and match value.
Speaker 2: Summer is here, and if you want to actually feel confident as bloated and energize. It all sorts with your gut. And once I fix my gut, everything changed my digestion, my skin, my hair, And the one thing that made the absolute biggest difference was Coboy Clossroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I started taking Cowboy colossterrum for gut health after my Hashimoto diagnosis is fast fall, but the results that I didn't expect are the ones that shocked me. My hair is noticeably thicker and fuller, my skin is clearer, and I'm not bloated after every meal anymore. Cowboy Clossroom supports gut health, and when your gut is right, everything else follows.
Speaker 2: Hasn't been just our experience. Cowboy ran an actual clinical study and the numbers back it up. Eighty three percent of participants reported improved gut health, seventy nine percent experience last voting and information, seventy two percent salt improved digestion, and sixty two percent salt fuller thicker hair. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Today's sponsor, Cowboy Colostrum, offers the highest quality bowbine colostrom available in the US. It is one hundred percent made in America from one hundred percent American grass fed counts. Unlike other colostrum brands, Cowboy is true first day whole colostrum rich and bioactives and growth factors. Also, don't worry, Cowboy Colossrum only collects the serve plus colostrum after the baby calves have had their film.
Speaker 2: Their costrum is whole, full fat and high protein for ultimate nutrient density, making it the highest quality bowbine colostrum you can buy. There are no artificial flavors, no fillers, just real whole ingredients.
Speaker 1: For a limited time, our listeners are going to get up to twenty five percent off their entire order. Just head over to Cowboycolosterum dot com slash nwos and use our code NWOS at checkout. That is twenty five percent off when you use our code NWS at Cowboy Classroom dot com slash NWS and we're back.
Speaker 2: Apologies, very professional. This is what comes with doing the podcast back here in the house now.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like he heard us talking about his cards. Yeah, so he got two cards. And it's not because I think nobody cared about our fifth child, and maybe that was part of it. It's like you already have something, but it's just a different time. Even birthday cards, I mean in the when it was your birthday as a kid, cards used to come in the mail, and now they don't come in the mail anymore, and people don't send wedding cards and everything like that. I mean, Hallmark was massive. You would go to Hallmark, you would pick a card. You would go to a birthday party and you would get you know, you would go pick out a card and everyone's presence had the big blue or pink envelope and you'd try to find the correlating envelope to the card and make sure it fit. I mean, that was the Hallmark experience. They had the sticker wall with the little stickers on the role. My mom would let us pick ten little sticker squares. Like, yeah, that's gone, we've lost all that.
Speaker 2: What do you make of the portion of the video where he was talking about needing that that feedback, that reciprocation, so that you know who it is that you are. You can't you can't come into your own and be completely fulfilled and have this sense of identity without the feedback from others. You agree with that.
Speaker 3: Now, I find that to be like a weird socially like socialist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should allow other people to tell you who it is that you are, right.
Speaker 3: Like, why do you need the feedback of somebody else to tell you who you are? And I think that's something that we lose with, like sending your kids to school, any school, because when you go to a school, and I'm not I'm not making this episode about knocking schools, but when you send a child to school, they're you know, everybody's very unique. Toddlers are they're weird and there and they're fun loving and they're free spirited and they do whatever they want.
Speaker 2: They make chips away that individualism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you know, Mica runs around making piggy noises because he thinks it's funny. But if he went to school and he did that and somebody said that's weird, he wouldn't do it anymore. And so I think part of that is like, okay, no, but you need to adapt to be normal. But at the same time, I think that when you adapt because you want to be accepted. It's part of the human spirit to want to be accepted and to fit in and not be no one. No kid wants to be the weird kid. It's not a good thing to be the weird kid.
Speaker 2: It is a good thing to be a weird kid.
Speaker 3: Not in school, not in school, but in life it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. You want to stand out. You don't want to be like everybody else. And when conformity is the name of the game, that stuff that we usually opt out on, which I guess in part is home school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ever, so weird and so our kids are so unique because no one's ever told them that they're weird.
Speaker 2: Right, and again to go back, it's that process of refinement of like, yay, I got teased for that, so I'm not going to do that anymore. But maybe it was something that made.
Speaker 3: You happy, yeah, or something that was like truly a passion of yours, or something that you can tie.
Speaker 2: Back into exactly what it is we were saying at the start of this episode. You can't rely on other people in this case, so many of you out there who view what it is we do. You can't take that feedback and allow it to shape you and mold you into who it is you think somebody else wants you to be. You have to be yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's hard to do. I mean, it's really hard. To do as a content creator because you get so much feedback positive, negative, different opinions and different suggestions, and they and.
Speaker 2: People do allow it for it to affect them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do. They'll change everything that They'll change everything that they do, and then you lose your Now you are performing for views, and you're performing for what's going to do well in retention and what you think that people want to see, but that doesn't necessarily line up with who you are, and now you lose yourself.
Speaker 2: I tell you all the time when I have like so many social interactions in a day, Like there are been days where we drove down a Spokane while you're promoting your last book, and like we're shaking hands, meeting people, and it's great. Don't get me wrong, it's great. Well, my social battery, especially with how we live now so isolated, it dwindles very very rapidly. And that's something that I'm not necessarily happy about. It's just it's like, my this is a bad word to use, but my tolerance for having these like casual social interactions is just fallen off the.
Speaker 3: Data because we don't do it very often. I actually really enjoyed that experience because.
Speaker 2: You're more social than I am, though.
Speaker 3: I'm more social, like in the moment, but like, if given a choice, do you want to go or not? I will usually not want to go, But then once I go, I usually have fun.
Speaker 2: I feel like physical exhaustion after days I after words, I do. I'm using that as an example because I distinctly remember making the two and a half hour drive back from Spokane just being like early morning. It wasn't early morning, long day, but just you know, having to not having to again. I'm not trying to make this out to sound like burden somebody means, but having these very friendly, like again fantastic interactions with so many you like, I just like my it's like I'm out of shape, you know what I mean, because we live so isolated and I don't get this regular interaction with people out in the world. Like it just it wears me down a lot faster. Now.
Speaker 3: I like that experience because like, to me, those were such a die hard people that like showed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't take this wrong, Yeah I know, I don't.
Speaker 3: Mean I thought that was like to me, that was actually something that I really enjoyed, and it is rare that I enjoy social interactions.
Speaker 2: But let me terrify since I said that, because I don't want this to sound bad. No, I really just genuinely don't. I love the interact, Like it's very uplifting in the moment, but in a day where there's so many rapid like ups and down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe if you meet like forty people or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just it's my social batteries just it runs. It doesn't run the way that it once did when you know, also having to go to work every day and do you like bounce from house to house and deal with people or go back to the pre secondary interactions far far different interactions, which I'm so incredibly grateful for. I guess what I'm saying is I think I feel like we have adapted to living. I mean, we can go a week here and not see anybody outside of like the delivery guys that show up.
Speaker 3: Literally there are friends, and that's a rare in the world.
Speaker 2: And I get that most people don't function like that, But I.
Speaker 3: Make friends with your FedEx guy, you know that you live really Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Just found this entire concept so interesting because yeah, we are most definitely one of those people or some of those people that don't really have the best friend or group of friends that get go out and do things socially. I mentioned to you the whole third stop concept to where the third stop is missing in so many people's day to day life nowadays, the overwhelming majority of us will just bounce between home and work. I'm at home, I'm relaxing. I'm probably tinkering on my phone on social media, which is tragically, tragically sad. I go to work, I'm only half checked in there because I don't genuinely care about what's happening here. I mean, how many of us am I describing right now? I know that this is probably the case for me at one point when I'm still plugged into the you know, the go to work everyday world.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, I think that's true. And yeah, the third stop would be, you know, like stopping by the bar to drink with friends, or going hitting around a golf or isn't just a Bible.
Speaker 2: Study know so many people don't have that that social outlet, that third stop is where I was going with that, and it's it's really really sad.
Speaker 3: Well, a lot of people are losing their hobbies too, I mean, not necessarily in this family. We are the family of hobbies. I have no hobbies. As Jeremy says, he's always like I give him a hard time about his many many hobbies because there's been many many.
Speaker 2: Who's thought about this.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think this is a man.
Speaker 2: This is a mad thing. Here's where we're going with this. I over the years, over the last you know, twenty plus years that you and I have known we've known one another, I've had a number of hobbies. I like hobbies, and I always express concern from Melissa because she doesn't seem to have any, and that to me, that part of it's weird, especially with this hard as muscle work.
Speaker 3: My children are my hobby. Like I enjoy my children. I like to enjoy my old man horses, and I like to grow food. My hobby is like you know, horse into nutrition.
Speaker 2: You got the horse. That's become an obsession. That is not a hobby.
Speaker 3: Hobby obsessions thin line. So I like stuff like that, and I like to I like things that I can apply to my everyday life. And I like what I like, Like I haven't really changed. Me at ten years old and me now forty three is pretty much the same girl. Same like I like my horses. I like babies. That's that does and like five or six.
Speaker 2: Okay for me, what has there been? There has been kayak fishing.
Speaker 3: Oh, you are jumping way ahead. Okay. There has been bonzie trees, bonzize little that he would cut with little scissors.
Speaker 2: There's been told me geeking out on like gardening and self sufficiency. That's how we end up with the meat rabbits. That was my doing, my fault, even though Melissa is the quote unquote rabbit queen on YouTube. That was my thing. What else has there been? That?
Speaker 3: Where I got run golfing, golfing, biking, biking.
Speaker 2: I got really into biking and mountain biking.
Speaker 3: I was actually barefoot running barefoot running for two years. Were shoes with the toes. He bought me a pair.
Speaker 2: You bought a pair with it.
Speaker 3: No, you wanted me a pair. So we would walk around looking like frogs together.
Speaker 2: Speaking of social social things that we've done.
Speaker 3: But wait, let's stop for a second. Okay, Now, these were obsessions like I need this two hundred dollars mini tree that looks like a big tree, but it lives in the house.
Speaker 2: You bought me the one because I'm.
Speaker 3: A supportive wife. I support all the hobbies of the many men in my life.
Speaker 2: She gives me a hard time.
Speaker 3: All my little men, I support their hobbies by buying things, by by seeking out opportunities for them to go and explore these things. And I swear by the time we get to the event, they're no longer. The thing about your your hobbies and Eli's hobbies is you guys drop them so quick. They drop them as quick as they can see a commercial or a movie, or somebody walks by with a T shirt on, and they're like, you.
Speaker 2: Guys, if you've been falling along a while, you know, Eli, child number four has had bull riding.
Speaker 3: Oh you're skipping ahead ahead, he's had bull riding chickens. Currently, it started with chickens, Okay.
Speaker 2: Currently he's geeking out on stadiums, like stadium architecture, the history of it.
Speaker 3: Again, if any of you guys have any connection to any stadiums, specifically in the Seattle area or in the Nashville area, I'm trying to think of places we're going to be. If you have any connections to any of these stadiums, Eli would like a tour so that he can then drop that interest and move on.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not a matter of dropping you see. This is the criticism that comes from I don't drop these these hobbies.
Speaker 3: Really because that little two hundred and fifty feed dollar mini tree I bought you just fried in the backyard because you no longer No, that wasn't a reason.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happens to that tree. I still love Bonzie trees. I still love things like barefoot running. I'm enamored with running. Running, I would say, is my current obsession hobby. I had a horrible run yesterday. Is something you saw. I hurt my back? How was my first run?
Speaker 3: You're going to run that marathon and then you're going to drop it like a bad.
Speaker 2: Half after hurting my back. That's not true. That's not true. Really, what the issue is, there's just not enough time in the day to, you know, really indulge in all of your hobbies. And yeah, I think it is more so of a man thing because the women in our family really don't seem to have.
Speaker 3: Hobbies or women just like what we like. We've all let us know, done on the company. We like what we like. We're comfortable in that. We don't feel like we need to go out and see, like we don't zero in on one thing and then have to learn everything about it. I just heard Matt wallsh talking about this fish keeping is his wife's giving him a hard time because now all of a sudden he's decided he's going to be a fish keeper. She's like, why are you having fish? And he's like, it's called fish keeping.
Speaker 2: That's another thing I could see myself totally geeking out on this. Has already told me I'm not allowed to get an aquarium.
Speaker 3: So if all of a sudden there is a huge saltwater tank behind us, you don't know that fish keeping is Jeremy's newest.
Speaker 2: Hobby right behind me in the new podcast, So you a big aquarium, swear.
Speaker 3: And also the fish will be floating at the top because fish keeping is no longer on the agenda.
Speaker 2: No, I think men back me up on this down in the comment section. We have hobbies and we're not like letting them go or abandoning them. Abandoning them there's just not enough time in the day abandon them.
Speaker 3: This is like Nevella was saying that Eli, I don't I have you to give a hard time too. So we were saying we could have like a graveyard or like a man room that just has a different wall for like each of the rip hobbies that have come across, so like for Eli, the first obsession was when he was one years old and it was chickens. Chickens, Chicken loved chickens. I mean we had a chicken birthday party, remember the chicken birthday party. And then it became tractors, and then from tractors it became dinosaurs and fossils, and then from then it became space. You guys came around during the space obsession. Remember when he would wear the every day at Mars time or Mars hour.
Speaker 2: Mars hours, so there's a time of day where the lighting is supposed to resemble what the environment would be like on Mars, and so he would put his astronaut suit on. He'd pretend he was on Mars. Nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 3: It was before Golden hour, was it after? No, it was right after Golden hour when the sun has set and you still have that glow. Apparently that's what Mars hour is. And he would wear the NASA suit and then so we brought him to the museums. We did all this and all of a sudden, he wasn't the Mars suit was no longer. Then he saw top Gun. That's all. It took one movie, The guy obsession Fighter.
Speaker 2: He knows a lot of you guys saw that.
Speaker 3: He got to go fly an airplane, which was amazing. Thank you Chad for that experience. He he got to fly the airplane. And then pretty much after that day he was.
Speaker 2: Like, no, I still he's still he's still into all of these things again to my.
Speaker 3: Point, I mean, yeah, but like he can he could name every fighter jet. We took him to the Museum of Flight in Seattle, amazing museum if you're ever in Seattle, and then he was just sort of over it and then he just moved on. So during that time, we ended up going on a trip to Texas and we just were trying to find things to entertain ourselves. We went to the PBR just because it happened to be in town that night.
Speaker 2: And we were like, let's go shout out to the PBR.
Speaker 3: He saw that and it was like home and he bought a cowboy hat, the boots, the chaps. He was mutton busting. He wouldn't stay off Manny. He wanted a pony and then the pony bucked him off. He thought that wasn't very fun. So then he started like there started to be like chinks in the chain, you know. And so then we went and we went to the I went to the PBR, and I said, I got a little boy that was like obsessed. He's going to be a bull rider for sure. He went and he met all these PBR writers and then he was like fulfilled. Then when we were at the PBR, he was just sort of looking around and he's like, this stadium's really cool. And he's like and he's like, this is an arena. Like if you think this is cool, you should check out NFL stadiums. And so he went home and he did. Now he knows the history of every stadium when it was built, what architect built it, when it was torn down.
Speaker 2: It just a little patch of the Astro turf from Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia, and he loves it.
Speaker 3: Yesterday in the mail, I get this package and I was like, what the heck is this? So I open it up and it's another piece of turf from.
Speaker 2: Astro Stadium as Astro. She loves. That's like his favorite stadium.
Speaker 3: Okay, so now he's going on too eBay.
Speaker 2: Oh, he bought them.
Speaker 3: He bought that and didn't tell me about it and said that he would work it off. It was twelve ninety five, so he has to do some chores. He bought a piece of He thought that perhaps I would say no, So we had never talk about not using Mom's credit card on eBay. He bought a piece of turf from astro Stadium and then the okay, Astrodome told me that it's highly toxic. So he's now put it into a zip log and I mean so now I feel like that's going to go on his stadium wall. So we're gonna It's.
Speaker 2: A point being we have hobbies, we have obsessions.
Speaker 3: And as women have no interest.
Speaker 2: We don't leaven behind and has no friends.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we could possibly as women, have any hobbies when we're trying to keep up with the many hobbies of the men in our lives.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. Let's begin to shut this one down. I'm roasting.
Speaker 3: I'm so hot, so hot like a potato.
Speaker 2: And now the sun's beaming down on the floor and bouncing back at me. So this episode number one here from the loft. Welcome, thank you for being here. Anything else you wanna plug in here?
Speaker 3: No, no, I think we just need some some air, we need some plants.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do better.
Speaker 3: I promise you got to get better. We will bearing with.
Speaker 2: Us, we will refine this process in this setup, and hopefully things get better over time. So until then, you guys, take care, God bless thank you for being here. We'll try to do better the next time and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: I am so hot, brain is melting. You got these camamel flowers in the
Speaker 1: Bag right through