Speaker 1: Welcome to today's podcast sponsored by Hillsdale College. All thanks Hillsdale at Hillsdale dot ed. I encourage you to take advantage of the many free online courses there, and of course I'll listen to the Hillsdale Dialogue all of them at Hugh for Hillsdale dot com or.
Speaker 2: Morning Glory at Evening Grace is a Hugh Huge show. Alex Marlow in for Hugh. Yet again, very grateful to my friend and mentor Hugh for allowing me the opportunity to speak to his vast audience. I'm the host of the Alex Marlow Show on the Salem Networks and on the Salem News Channel in the evenings. Also wherever you get your podcast. Editor in chief of Breitbart News as well, I mean a lot to get you, Davia. Some great guests lined up. We got Josh Holmes from the Ruthless Podcast. I'm a Ruthless Podcast listener, David Drucker from The Dispatch, Eleana Johnson Byron York. Good stuff, a lot of punditree coming up, and a lot of stories. We'll talk a little politics today. It's an election day, particularly out in Arizona. People keeping a close eye on those races. We've got some movement in the South Carolina race where Lindsey Graham Seed opened up and now his sister is declared that she will be running for the full spectrum. She wants the six years, she wants the election, not just the appointment.
Speaker 3: And then we'll.
Speaker 2: Also talking about how the Democrats are trying to reduce our military budget even in the middle of wartime. Why are they doing this Because anything Republicans want, they have to stop it. That is the name of the game. And how do we get around that, What do we do and who does that actually serve in this midterm election year. But we'll start with something that is pretty unbelievable that's happening that which is that the Smithsonian has been outed as a very woke entity. And this is going on right now as we're having this conversation, as we're recording live, there's a hearing going on over the National Museum of American History where all sorts of findings have indicated that there's all sorts of trans stuff, sexualizing of the children, and all sorts of wokeism that's taking place within our arguably our most important constellation of museums here is a just unbelievable moment, and I'll try to cut in and give some commentary, but I want to play this one.
Speaker 3: This is Brandon Gil the congressman.
Speaker 2: Who is one of the most capable at politely but devastatingly questioning people on Capitol Hill.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this one's freezing up.
Speaker 2: So this is in the clip when we get to it is rand and Gil who is talking to Smithsonian Director Heartig with a pretty devastating line of questioning. But before we do that, we can play why don't we play cut six?
Speaker 4: Is Mickey Mouse racist?
Speaker 5: Mickey Mouse is not racist.
Speaker 4: It's not racist.
Speaker 6: According to the Smithsonian Institution, one of your exhibits reference to Mickey Mouse is representing quote vestiges of long standing traditions of blackface minstrelsy.
Speaker 4: Would you describe that as racist?
Speaker 5: No, the historical trajectory of the origins of Mickey Mouse tied.
Speaker 6: Directly Mickey Mouse's is rooted in racism.
Speaker 4: Is that you're.
Speaker 6: Testimony, it's rooted in menstrully minstrelsing. You don't think the blackface minstrelsy is racist.
Speaker 5: And it's certain obvious racial overtones that have been well documented.
Speaker 6: Think that's problematic that Mickey Mouse also has those racial overtones.
Speaker 5: It's not for me to determine what's problematic. It's determined to me what's accurate.
Speaker 4: Is that? Right? Right?
Speaker 2: Well, yay, let's say what I think of racism. One of the first things I think about is Mickey Mouse. That's number one.
Speaker 3: Look, this is what they have to do. This is what the left does that.
Speaker 2: Are at this moment in our in our in our heritage. What's happening is that they go after everything that made America unique and special. They have to destroy our national myth. You see this example again and again. And I was just playing a clip on my live show today of Abdulla Lsiu Memel play it later on he show. But he's going through just a laundry list, like chat ept spit it out of all the horrible things about this country, from slavery to Jim Crow to women not being equal. He don't care about any of these things. He's just a self aggrandizer who's trying to get elected. But all he wants to do is he's running on a platform that America is not only not that great, it's a uniquely horrible place. And that's why our own museums are not promoting stuff that beautifies, glorifies, makes us feel good about our country. No, what we're doing is we're putting out we're reminding people that actually you may have missed it, but Mickey, that guy's really racist. And don't even get me started about Donald. All right, let's play we got cut one go and here's Congressman Gil with a director heart.
Speaker 7: Take here.
Speaker 6: We got history, even if it's not properly carried out. Would you say that the goal of history is to be objective?
Speaker 5: Thank you, sir for the question. You know, I think that there are many goals of history, and certainly, as you collect, as we do examine evidence.
Speaker 4: Creates objectivity one of the goals of history.
Speaker 5: We strive to be objective and nonpartisan and not based on any idea.
Speaker 6: It's one of the goals. Doesn't that seem a little bit concerning? It certainly does to me, because as part of this White Supremacy Document that your organization has promoted objectivity as a core and defining aspect of white supremacy culture. Do you think that it's the goal of the Smithsonian Institution to promote white supremacy culture?
Speaker 5: Sir? Do you mind sharing with me, which document.
Speaker 6: White supremacy culture right here. This is part of the mass action toolkit that your organization has promoted for several years now.
Speaker 3: And so this is part of from this White House report that.
Speaker 2: Recently came out that they release called Saving America's Story, great title, how they came up with that, but they gave specific examples of alleged ideological content within our museums, and one of them was staff resources in reading groups sponsored by the Smithsonian that addressed white supremacy culture. This goes through a list that they have including immigration related programming from teachers, resources to promote DAKA, which is Amnesty for Legal aliens, featuring stories of illegal alien individuals, and partnering with illegal alien activist groups. They exhibit material that's described as advancing trans and gender fluid themes. I bought some of that momentarily. And they have partnerships with groups like the Southern Poverty Law Center, which is not only a group that targets organizations like Breitbart and Turning Point and Prager You and all sorts of things that are very normative for conservatives. But we now learned recently that they astroturfed the Unite the Right rally, which started the whole Charlottesville hoax where Trump That led to Trump saying they're fine Nazis, which of course he never said.
Speaker 3: There's all a big hoaks and a lot of that.
Speaker 2: We learned that a lot of the people who were there were funded by the Southern Poverty Law Center, which is partnering with our own Smithsonium. And this is a really good thing to point out because this is a huge opportunity with President Trump as the president, because you know, any Democrat or any lazier Republican would never bother addressing any of this stuff.
Speaker 3: So it's good to see it. Let's hear more from Congressman gil.
Speaker 4: My promoting a wife man. This this a difficult question, No.
Speaker 5: Srue, I'm just thinking about the mass action toolkit. We didn't develop it. But back to your question, no, we're not promoting any ideology.
Speaker 6: Does it concern you that your goal is objectivity? One of your goals is objectivity, and your mass action toolkit references objectivity is a defining characteristic of white supremacy culture.
Speaker 4: It's not our toolkit, it is your toolkit.
Speaker 6: You You've been promoting it for quite some time.
Speaker 2: So just to recap what we've seen thus far, is that Congressman Gil has said that it is objectivity important.
Speaker 3: She says, we strive to be objective.
Speaker 2: And then he says, your document says objectivity is white supremacy. She spends a lot of time thinking about that one, and then he cuts in and says, that is a difficult question. You're promoting white supremacy at the Smithsonian. And she looks like it wasn't my stuff. Well, it really is. This person, Anthahartig, is to this stuff. Literally, she is the Smithsonian director.
Speaker 3: That's what she does. She directs the Smithsonian. So it's pretty devastating. Let's continue. It's painful, but we got to keep going. Let's go, guys.
Speaker 4: It's sir, but you've been promoting it.
Speaker 5: It is used as a reference, I believe, probably in twenty nineteen, twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: Yes, under your leadership, it has been used as a reference. Is Mickey Mouse racist?
Speaker 5: Mickey Mouse is not racist?
Speaker 3: All right, red Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 2: Part So we will cut ahead, and when we come back from the break, we're going to talk to Josh Holmes from Ruthless. But then in the following seven we'll pick up from there, guys, you can skip head. So we have to do the Mickey Mouse part again. But we're just getting going here. A timber chat bringing up pictures of bondage sexually transgender stuff. A six year old girl asked why she doesn't have meal Genitulia. Also in the clip of Congressman Gil, the Smithsonian Institution is selling Latina power merchandise.
Speaker 3: Woke is not dead, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: This is major thing here. It's been a theme on The Marlow Show for a while, and I'm making a theme on the Huge Show for today. Woke at best is latent. It's waiting to re emerge. Maybe it's even incubating and getting stronger behind the scenes. And we need to make examples of these people. We need to call them out over and over again. We need to be relentless about this, tireless about it. This is not American values. This is contraar to American values. And we're fighting back here in the Hugh Hwit Show.
Speaker 3: I'm Alex Marlow. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Ring back to work on the Hugh Huge Show. Alex Marlow in for Hugh. Josh Holmes is on with me now.
Speaker 3: He's the co.
Speaker 2: Host of the Ruthless Variety Program, Josh, really nice to make your acquaintance. I'm a Ruthless Variety Show enjoyer. And I got off my show, my live show earlier today, and I played a clip of Melot kiro socialist Democrat, talking about how we don't have enough immigrants in the United States Congress. And then I turned on the Ruthless Variety Program my long drive down from Glenn Delle to Orange County, and you guys played the same clip.
Speaker 3: But this is so important. I think this is really one of the most.
Speaker 2: Stories of the moment. Here's some of the quote. There's a certain reckoning that we're going to have to have with the global world order, a reckoning. And then she concludes, this means getting more people who have heritage in the global South into office, not with American heritage, heritage in the global South.
Speaker 3: This is a big deal. It's a huge deal.
Speaker 8: Well, it unites a couple of things that the left is doing simultaneously. The first is, of course the illegal immigration and to what ends that meet, and it's their perversion of.
Speaker 9: Our census and our awarding.
Speaker 8: Of federal dollars and representation, and of course the more illegal immigrants that you can have somewhere, the more representation that you get on a far left liberal democratic dogma. But this whole issue of the global South is I think much more pervasive than any of us would like to admit, and that what's driving a lot of these DSA socialists is this anti Western civilization mentality that is at its core just frankly anti American, and it has become the dominant force within the Democrat Party today.
Speaker 9: And it's a very, very scary proposition.
Speaker 2: You're right about this, And I started the show and I'm doing a monologue about the Smithsonian and all of the anti Americanism in our own Smithsonian.
Speaker 3: And then you've got prominent Democrats.
Speaker 2: Who are either elected or the verge of being elected, saying we need to not just replace American workers, but we need to actually replace the American representatives in our Congress. You guys had a great point on your show about supposed to be the United States of America. We're supposed to have representation from all over our states, and we're like, no, that's not good enough. We need to actually have people from other countries. And I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. When I'm saying that this is not exactly what the design should be, well, of course, it's not what the design has ever been.
Speaker 3: And you know it used to be.
Speaker 9: When I started in politics.
Speaker 8: It used to be you had two different ideologies that tried to get at the same agreed upon problem.
Speaker 3: Right, it was either usually a.
Speaker 8: Larger government solution to the ills of society or a smaller government, market based solution.
Speaker 9: The left no longer is that it's destroy America.
Speaker 8: It destroys values, destroy our constitution, and destroy its very residents and citizenship. Therein in our ability to control our own future. If you import enough of people who harbor ill will towards Western civilization in the United States of America specifically, you can fundamentally.
Speaker 9: Uproot what has made this country the greatest country.
Speaker 10: In the world.
Speaker 9: And that is the goal that they are professing.
Speaker 2: So you and I both mutually have fun on our respective programs making fun of the Democrats socials of America.
Speaker 3: That's a good thing.
Speaker 2: But who wins the Democrats civil war? Is it the establishment or is it the socialist I think I know the answer. You tell me who wins, and then tell me is that a good thing.
Speaker 8: Or well, look, I'm going to put my chips in the DSA at this point, in large part because it's been thirty long years since there has ever been a moderating force in Democrat politics. Either the furthest reaches of the far left win or they negotiate a surrender with a ruling establishment Democratic class in which their agenda is put forward, as in the case of Joe Biden. Right, So it's winning by losing in that case, I think if you look at the trajectory of the Democratic Party over the last three decades, this has always been heading off the left hand side of the map. Increasingly they have little or no respect or alignment with the center of this country. They've made that abundantly clear, and it's ruled by this coastal elite university professor types who.
Speaker 9: Don't like America.
Speaker 8: And that I mean, I wouldn't love to run a domestic election like that, which is again, why are they trying to change all the inputs right exactly?
Speaker 2: And so this is the point that I'm raising, which is that it's fun for now to watch them actually have a civil war, but if an anti American faction of their party wins out, it does raise the stakes.
Speaker 3: It seems like they're easier to defeat. Yeah, but if we.
Speaker 2: Don't defeat them, then America really is going to be fundamentally transformed.
Speaker 8: Well, there's no question in this why you got to stay vigilant about it. I mean, just consider that.
Speaker 3: AOC She's a perfect case study in this.
Speaker 8: I mean, just a few years ago, everybody on the conservative side just laughed out loud every time she opened her up one because it's funny too, because she has this sort of a historical, complete lunacy view of the United States and what it is that we do here. She is now alex in the center of that party. She's being credited with brokering the DSA and the establishment.
Speaker 3: She's the tie that binds.
Speaker 8: This is a person that everybody thought was so crazy that they couldn't even believe that she was on television talking. Now she is I think the odds on favorite to be the next nominee.
Speaker 9: On the Democrats side for President of the United States.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think if she wants it, she's there's a clear path for her, very clear path, And I think that definitely let's put a pin in that. Let's talk again about that down the road. But I do think her real skill set is her willingness to be able to shift accents at a moment's notice to try to.
Speaker 3: Court different groups of people.
Speaker 10: See.
Speaker 3: But there's something that it's so brazen.
Speaker 2: It's I can't tell if she's trolling us, if she's just tempting all of us to waste our entire shows talking about it. But it's just NonStop, just she can speak a different language to a different audience. We've never seen anything like in American politics. It is truly a skill. So here's the point, though, is that they're offering a vision for America. The left that America is a uniquely horrible place has always been horrible. We were both at the Defense Innovation Summit in Pennsylvania last.
Speaker 3: Week, and it's the opposite.
Speaker 2: The right is offering we're innovating, we're building, We're going to conquer things we never thought possible. But is that message getting out? Are we getting the message out? We have this very fun, this fun vision for our country that we are best days are in front of us. Is that coming through to people?
Speaker 9: No, I don't think it's coming through at all.
Speaker 8: I think we've got to double down and make sure that it is because I left that sum at Alex probably like you, totally re energize far out the prospects of getting America back to where we had been for decades, which is the leader of the free world. We're doing things no one else can do. We're thinking of innovation in a way that no one else can possibly compete with. We're bringing all those ideas into fruition with a manufacturing base that can actually produce better than anyone else in the world. We're not fighting nineteen fifties battles. We're doing twenty thirty to twenty two hundred. And that is where the Republican Party of the conservative movement need to be in order to sell the optimism. We can't be victim class culture complaining about what everybody on the left wants to do to us. Show people a little of the vision that you and I experienced at the Defense Forum, and I guarantee you people are going to be pretty excited about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got a minute.
Speaker 2: This is a tough one because this is I think speaks to my exact point that's specific here Save America Act. There's multiple versions of it. The bottom line is conservatives one voter ID and proof recistionship to vote. There is not a good path forward and this makes people in my audience pull their hair out that Republicans can't get an ID locked in.
Speaker 3: Do you see a path for us to complete this? I don't at this point, I really don't.
Speaker 8: And it's but you have to start with the fact that the Democrat Party has told Americans, who approve of all this by an eighty twenty margin, that they don't think it's appropriate to show a photo ID to vote. You got to do it to buy Barry, you got to do it to buy cigarettes. I mean, we just read the Olive gard and you can't even get a full pasta without a photo idea in your pasta card.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is just a no brainer.
Speaker 8: But the problem is that we haven't had this national discussion. You saw Mark Warner on the Sunday Shows answer this question for the first This is a question that every Democrat needs to be facing every single day if we're doing our job.
Speaker 2: Josh Awns, Ruthlith Variety program, wherever you get your podcast, Really nice to have you on the Huite Show.
Speaker 3: I'll be right back, all right.
Speaker 2: Alex marlow In for Hugh. David Drucker is on with me. He's at David M. Drucker on X the Everything app. He's a senior writer for The Dispatch. David, you did some reporting from Michigan where you followed along what you frame up as a pragmatist candidate and a populist candidate, and this is a fascinating.
Speaker 3: Thing that we're all tracking.
Speaker 2: Abduel said and his rising campaign, which seems to stand for pretty much anything that he thinks is going to get him attention versus Haley Stevens, who seems much more sort of normal, at least relative to Democrats. What are the key touchstones in this race that you're seeing and you feel like this could be some sort of a proxy for what the Democrats are going through at a grander scale here.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, I definitely think Alex that it's a key race in the sort of intermural squabble that Democrats are having right now that are sort of to me reminiscent of what Republicans went through in the Tea Party era, with Tea Party Republicans as they define themselves, you know, hashing it out with so called establishment Republicans and party officials. And look, if an l Saeed can win a Senate primary in a swing state like Michigan, that's a much bigger deal than winning a Democratic primary in a blue district in a house race, right, I mean, it's a much bigger deal. You're in the Senate, you have more power, you have more influence, you have more attention. And I think that people shouldn't fool themselves into thinking that a duel L Site can't win in Michigan in a general election in twenty twenty six. He absolutely can. It's likely the Jocelyn Benson, the Secretary of State who's going to be the Democratic nominee for governor, you know, will win that race by about six to eight to nine points, maybe seven or eight points. That's going to be a lot of updraft for I'll say, even if there's some drop off for various reasons. But he's a very good politician. He is very personable, he's very likable, he's very charismatic, and he's running on a simple message that if you didn't know who he was, except for the third prong, you know, you wouldn't be that upset with it. Right, Money out of politics, money in your pocket, Medicare for all and it's kitchy, and you know you can. You can dig into it and find a lot of flaws, as I do in the story. But people are very attracted generally to this idea that money is a problem in politics. I find this on both sides of the aisle of voters, and hey, money in my pocket at a time of a persistent inflation that really works. So it's the other views. But I wanted to bring this up to say that he is not necessarily reading as extreme to everybody. And when I interviewed a lot of voters at one of his rallies, like nobody's maybe one person and maybe and I'm not recalling here, brought up Israel and the fact that he doesn't believe Israel has a right to exist. Yeah, and he seems to be fixated on Israel. They brought up everything else, And I think for some voters, his opposition at Israel and willing to say it is like a signal that he's not going to be a goal along to get along. That's a typical populous thing. He believes it. I don't think he's saying it just for fun, but I think for a lot of voters. They're like, yeah, I guess he believes it, but you know, I don't know if I agree with him, but it just shows you he's not going to be a goal along to get along, and so I think that's just a way to understand what's going on in his primary.
Speaker 2: So and Haley Stephens, she's got this sort of folksiness to her, which is is just not as appealing from a content perspective. It just Heed's much more captivating to an audience. I see that completely. His ideology, though it seems a little bit incoherent that he wants things to be cheaper, but he wants Medicare for all, which is going to be a huge tax hike in order to have such a thing. He wants socialism, but he also likes an open border. He won't condemn the Iyahtola, and he just seems to name check a path can go after the Jews whenever he possibly can, using code of course. But it's very clear where he stands on that stuff. And none of this speaks to me that he's got some sort of core ideology other than that he's just trying to win a primary from the left. So then my question is you spoke to a lot of people who are supporting him. What is resonating to them with him.
Speaker 7: Well, he says that the worst part of politics, the thing that is ruining American politics is donor money. Now, he focuses a lot on Apack, but he doesn't just mean Apack. And I can't tell you how many Republican and Democratic voters I talk to over the years. They just think the fact that wealthy donors can give money, or that organizations can give money. They also have a misunderstanding of campaign finance law, and they think corporations are sending big checks to politicians. You know, there are limits, there are laws, there are regulations. Nobody understands any of this. They just look at the system. And I am not here defending members of Congress or presidents, but what I'm telling you is that everybody thinks they're running around an SUV's eating bond bonds and you know, living at the ritz, and it's just not the case. There are laws, and when you hear about the crooks that are caught, it's because the law is working. But look, aside from all of that, Alex, that's what's resonating. Plus, he focuses so much on inflation that is resonating. And I think he does believe some of these things. But like a lot of slippery politicians, he says things and then doesn't follow through.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: I asked him, okay, you want to abolish ICE. Okay, fine, but like, how are we going to do immigration enforcement? Because you just said we should keep doing it? And he said, well, we should start from scratch. I said how. He said, well, it's a young agency. We did it before ICE. Why can't we do it after us? He said, fair enough? How he didn't have an answer when I asked him how he was going to how much Medicare for All was going to cost. I didn't even say how are you going to pay for it? I just said what's it.
Speaker 10: Going to cost?
Speaker 7: He said, I know, but I'm not going to tell you because you're going to use it against me.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: So he does things like this, but he's good at talking. And I'll say, look, Haley Stevens, you can like her, you can not like her. She is of a pre of a sort of previous era, if you will, that believes in legislating, and that means compromises that are often uncomfortable. But it's the only way you legislated in the US Congress and get presidents to sign things. And you know, to her credit, she's running on who she is and what she is, and so is he. It's just going to be what are voters really interested in and who actually votes, because there are a lot of voters in Michigan that you know, are going to find the traditional candidate appealing. There are lots that won't. And it's my sources we're telling me, you know, it's it's the old pliche. Depends on turnup and like who turns out and how many of them from different pockets in Michigan, And that's going to tell us a lot about who was motivated to show up and who wasn't, which will tell us a lot about the intraurial fight democrats are having right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's interesting because it looks like a lot of the top party brass in Michigan are behind Stevens and a lot of the sort of trendy, your more headline friendly socialist Democrats are behind from.
Speaker 7: Out of state, yeah, yeah, and from out of state, from out of state exact, Gary Peters, Gary Peters, his indoors, Tailey Stevens right, Dana Nessel, the state Attorney general indors Tailey Stevens, and we'll see what more comes. But you know, part of it is where their party is. It may turn out that he wins this big or small, it may turn out that he loses big or small. But I do think it's indicative of a party that, for the first time post Barack Obama is having a real debate over whom they want to be when they grow up.
Speaker 2: David Drucker, I'm gonna call an audible hill here if you want to hang through the break, I'd love to ask you some of your recent reporting.
Speaker 3: Gavin Newsom as well.
Speaker 2: But a great story out in the Dispatch. Do Michigan Democrats when populism or pragmatism? You all should check it out. I'm Alex Marlow intercuw. I will be right back, all right, Marlow here infrahuwe it. David Drucker is on with me at David M. Drucker on XT Everything app. He also is a senior writer for the Dispatcheries and a lot of reporting on Michigan in California of late Last Word on Michigan, David, before I turned briefly to California. Do you have a prediction and who's going to win that race in the Democrats set in primary?
Speaker 7: No, I don't have a prediction. I walked away feeling like it seemed like the LSA campaign had more energy. But I just don't know what to make of it. My sources couldn't really give me a good handle on it. But he clearly seems to have more energy and enthusiasm on his.
Speaker 3: Campaign, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: And the question is does the one energetic voter does not outweigh two unenergetic voters. So let's see where it goes. Yeah, so we're tracking it very carefully, all right. So Gavin Newsom, who's my governor out here in California, also has proven to be a bit of a conundrum because in some ways he looks like the frontrunner for the Democratic Party, but also seems like the more he talks, the more he goes down in the polls. I find him on endlessly frustrating here or as a Californian, because he's always first out there on social media whenever Trump does something to announce how horrible it is and how horrible Trump is. But in the meantime, there are no houses that are rebuilt in Malibu on the iconic coastline there after the fire from a year and a half ago. None of the problems in our state have improved under his watch, from homelessness to crime, to traffic, to the worst airports to the school system. It's all horrible. It's all getting worse. But I guess you don't have to have a good record to run for president. First of all, is he running? And second of all is he winning?
Speaker 7: Yeah, too early to say, too early to say is he winning or losing? Is he running? I'm pretty sure he's running. Everybody that I talked to in Sacramento believes he's running, and they believe that the final few years of his second term have been geared towards preparing him to launch a presidential campaign, which is like different than how they described his first term and early in his second term. So that's what clearly everybody that observes him up close thinks. You know, you said, do you need to be, you know, have a good record to run for president? I mean you're usually you're better off if you have no record, and people can imagine anything they want. There's nothing attack. You know, people like political outsiders. They don't like anybody who actually has any experience governing, just if you want to look at it from a pure political perspective. But look, you know what I found interesting about Gavin Newswim is ever, just about everybody that I talked to Alex told me they didn't know what to make of him. I said, look, do you think he's liberal, do you think he's progressive, do you think he's moderate, you think he's centrist? And everybody said, I don't know. And then I said, what do you think his signature initiative is? You know, not just he's obviously signed a lot of bills and he's had a lot of initiatives. What is his signature initiative after two year two terms? I don't know. And I think one of the reasons why he is a front runner for the nomination if he runs, is because he is better at most than most Democrats at doing one particular thing. Giving Democratic voters the catharsis regarding Donald Trump that they have felt every day for the past eleven years, and it's why voters in California have overlooked the problems that haven't been solved.
Speaker 2: Very well stated, you should check out all David's reporting at the Dispatch.
Speaker 3: The Paradox of Gavenue s is the article we're referencing just now go check it out online. Thanks David, appreciates you show with Alex marlow in for Hugh Today and grateful to be here.
Speaker 2: Eleana Johnson is on the line with me. She's the editor in chief of the Washington Freebeacon. Eleana, it's great to have you on. I want to talk to you about a couple of items you've been reporting on personally, and one of them is for all of us. We spend a lot of time online. There's something very confusing that goes on. Is it still feels like the vast majority of Republican voters who are talked to genuinely like Israel and still believe in Israel and see all the craziness that people spout about Israel as insane, and yet you go on the internet and you would think, well, maybe Hamas really has got a case now, and maybe we really have got to hear out what they've got to say. Maybe October the seventh, and quite as bad as the news reports were, what's the truth? You've done a lot of reporting on this lately.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Alex.
Speaker 11: It's a great point, and I think it's a case of Twitter is not reality. A freebeacon poll that we did with our partners at Echelon Insight really found that Republican primary voters remain supportive of Israel and of President Trump's more active and muscular foreign policy by large margins. They support a strong US Israel relationship by a margin of fifty seven percentage point, and they also support a president who explicitly explicitly denounces anti Semitism by a margin of fifty two percentage points. Our top lines allow readers, and I encourage people to go read this poll for themselves to see the breakdown by age. And I think it is true that on both the right and the left, there is more skepticism of Israel among young voters, and those are the people more likely to be vocal and loud and active on X. But I think it would be a mistake to confuse those people for the broad segment, you know, as representative of the Republican primary.
Speaker 9: Voters as a whole.
Speaker 11: In fact, those most likely to vote, as we know, are the oldest among us rather than the youngest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is an important point, and that's why when anyone wants to point out people who have audiences that are skewing older, like, for example, you know, Hughes not exactly the youngest guy in the world. I always love speaking to Hughes audience because I can guarantee you one hundred percent of the people and Hughes audience are voting one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: It's very important, and.
Speaker 2: A lot of these people are popping up online. They're going to bother to vote, and it's important to note that. But we still don't want to lose a pr battle people who are supportive of Israel and see it as a strong net positive for the play it. So do you remain somewhat concerned about some of the vibes online, particularly with regards to younger people, because it is I still don't want to see younger people voting or not turn on Israel and start some supporting Jihati's which is basically what we're seeing.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, I think you're right, Alex, and it's really important. I think it's clear we've seen over time in our polling and other polling that negative views of Israel have increased. Ironically, you know, since October seventh, twenty twenty three, and that needs to be fought. Look, in part, I think it's because Israel has been in the front of the headlines, on the front pages of the news, and when that stops, I have a sense that things will revert to the mean. But really it's the sixty four thousand dollars question. Is the resurgence of anti vicious anti Semitism on the right and the left a passing fad and that young people will disabuse themselves of. You know, is it youthful stupidity as they get older, or is it something that both parties are really going to have to grapple with because these voters are going to cling on to it as they age. And one thing I would say, Alex is that in the Democratic Party, these people are getting elected to Congress. You know, they're likely to be elected to Congress. They have been elected to Congress in the form of these squad leaders, while in the Republican Party we're seeing them voted out of Congress in the form of Thomas Massey and Marjorie Taylor Green. And we've seen a lot of pushback from Republican elected officials, whereas in the Democratic Party we've not seen Democratic leaders say much about this troubling phenomenon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so this is where I ask the important question I.
Speaker 2: Think here is is there anything that is what can be doing to help itself in terms of PR And I do feel like they're not good at PR. The This has been I think pretty well discussed over the past year, but there's you know, this discussion that Israel's committee a genocide is so widespread and of course it's false, and yet it's just out there and it's very hard to address it. And when Israel does do PR, then a huge machine gets cranked up to criticize Israel for trying to defend itself. That's something we've been witnessing online last couple of weeks. What do you think Israel could do to make the case that it really is a beacon of freedom and technology and intelligence and strength in a pretty chaotic region.
Speaker 11: You know, this might be simplistic, Alex, but I don't think there's a substitute for victory and survival. And I think that has to be Israel's focus right now, far more than the communications piece, and then the rest will speak for itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's I hope you're right about that. I hope that's how it works out over time.
Speaker 3: All right. So, another thing you've been.
Speaker 2: Reporting on lately, which is near and dear to my heart at Brightbart is you've been covering a lot of new devil.
Speaker 3: Roy Singham he is.
Speaker 2: You guys describe him as a notorious Chinese based American mogul running a shadowy influenced campaign to undermine us AI efforts and give Communists China and edge. He's married to a woman who's a founder of Code Pink. He lives in Shanghai, and he's very overtly anti American any of his speeches, and I think you're correct to highlight this guy is one of the true threats to the republic at the moment. Give people a little background on nevill Roy Singham.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 11: Nevill Roy Singham is an American who sold his technology company some years back for hundreds of millions of dollars and with that money, relocated to Shanghai, where he shares offices with a group respond a CCP linked group Communist Party Front group responsible for doing the party's messaging, and The New York Times has done excellent reporting tracing a web of groups that are funded by Singham that all do the communist part messaging, and that are all tied to the far left fringe in America. And so I think, just as you see the islam the Islamists tied to the far left of the Democratic Party, so too is the CCP. And one avenue of their influence, funded by Singham, is a campaign that is highlighting, exacerbating and trying to stoke American concern about artificial intelligence in order to give the Chinese a leg up in this technology race. And so they are funding campaigns, Uh, they are putting people on the ground to wage these campaigns against data centers across the country. And I think it's important to note this isn't to say there isn't genuine opposition to American to AI among Americans, but the Chinese, through Neville Roy Singham, are seizing on that opposition and trying to expand it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good points. And I'm curious what's to be done about this. I know Senator Cotton has called for an investigation, but investigationtimes are enough. We got to move fast here. This is a fast moving situation. This is a very fluid situation. What can be done to counter this guy?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think really, this is a fair Foreign Agents Registration Act issue, and I don't think we fully understand the web of his influence. Just one example is that his wife, who's the co founder of Coping, Jody Evans, that organization has transformed from an anti Chinese organization to a pro Chinese organization. So educating the public about what's happening is the best thing we can do, and.
Speaker 2: That's what you do with the Washington Freebeacon. Elian and Johnson's the editor in chief. Whenever I read a Freebeacon article, I know it's accurate. It's the highest compliment I can offer as an editor myself. Thanks Eliana, We'll be right back. Is on with me him from the Washington Examiner as well as Fox News Byron.
Speaker 3: I want to touch on a couple of.
Speaker 2: Your recent columns and thank you for being here with me.
Speaker 3: Your latest one, a renewed war means renewed GOP midterm worries.
Speaker 2: This ends up a classic dilemma that we got even those of us who have kind of given up on the latest MoU and would like to see Trump just vanquish the Iranian regime as best he can, and that does provide a big headache. Politically, where do you think the public.
Speaker 3: Is at on this war?
Speaker 2: And you see a path for Trump to do some lasting good in the Middle East and not make himself too vulnerable to Democrat sweep in the midterms.
Speaker 12: Well, first of all, on the substance of the matter, Trump set out to ensure that Iran does not get on nuclear weapon. Now, he can't do that forever, but he can do it for a pretty long time, and he's done that. As a matter of fact, I think Hugh Hewitt published a column today saying it's going to be years and years for Iran could reconstitute nuclear program. So on the substance of the thing, the goal of the war has been accomplished. Now, as far as public opinion is concerned, most public opinion polls show, depending on how you answer ask the question, show that disapproval being about twice approval. In other words, it's about two to one sixty plus percent disapproval to thirty plus approval. And now, as far as the midterms are concerned, what is worriesome to Republicans is not that a lot of Republican voters are deeply concerned about the war. From what I can tell, they're actually not all that concerned about the war, but they're very concerned about the cost of living. So to the degree that they see the war as increasing the price of gas, which it has for a while, and it has been going down, that's going back up. They don't like that. And the most worrisome thing to a number of Republican strategists right now is that they see independent voters kind of thinking and acting like Democrats on the war issue, meaning they oppose it. So they're worried about that. They're not really worried about their Republicans voters turning on Trump in the war or anything like that. They're worried almost one hundred percent about cost of living issues, but they are worried about independent sort of joining with Democrats and opposing the war.
Speaker 2: So I want to talk about another element of the war which is important here, and I fundamentally agree with you that he's done so much damage to Iranian's nuclear program and their ability to have ballistic missiles and to constitute a robust armed forces that is a conqueror in the region. That feels like that's been set back a decade plus, maybe two decades, And I think that's a w right there, but this strait continues to provide problems because if there isn't free commerce through the strait, then I think Trump would see that as a setback, and I think the media would frame it pretty successfully as a set back. And this does speak your cost of living issues. So what is the path forward to keep the Straight going and smoothed over in the run of this selection.
Speaker 12: Well, it would be seen as a setback because it would be a setback. It would substantively that would be a really bad thing. And this is one of those things that was created by the beginning of the war. And so while I said that Trump has accomplished his number one goal in the war, which is about the nuclear program, what happened was is that Around's retaliation by closing the Straight, created this new thing that became the most important important issue in the war. So that's kind of what's going on now. I think the only solution. First of all, you really can't let Iran establish some new precedent whereby a country takes international waters and turns it into a sort of toll road. International navigation has to be able to to go on freely, and so that means that the United States probably has to militarily assure the safety of shipping in the in the Strait until the other nations, and this is other nations are working on this uh finished workarounds to get oil out of there without having the so making sure that the Strait is just not this choke point that it is right now. So the US is in a position for the indefinite future of having to do something militarily to ensure freedom of navigation in the Strait, or the war has ended with a really really bad negative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, and that'll be what we're all watching.
Speaker 4: Barron.
Speaker 2: I went switch years here because you have another important calm that asks, I think a important question what DSA wants. What the Democrats Socialists of America want. I've been playing with this concept a little bit because they simultaneously want socialism and open borders, which are impossible to both. I think it's impossible to have either, but it's definitely impossible to both. They seem to be focused larger than Israel, even though again we're talking about cost of living issues and we're talking about trying to have the workers be able to be adequately represented within their companies and make enough money but then also somehow we can't like Israel. It's a very odd amalgam of values.
Speaker 3: So what is it that they want?
Speaker 12: Well, fortunately they told us in this new DSA platform that was released recently. And you know, in terms of international relations, you know, you would think that if a political party was doing its platform, you would have something to say about China, about Russia, Sure, what about Iran? It has not at the only country it talks about is a country that doesn't exist, which is Palestine. Deeply concerned about Palestine. But you know, I don't think that's the real lead of the platform, which is that it's basically the platform itself is indistinguishable from communism. I mean, basically everything is taken over by the government and it's planning a picture of this wonderful new world in which you control your own labor. I'll read it a little bit. He says, you have no debt, you don't need health insurance, you don't pay a mortgage or have a landlord, because comfortable housing is a human right. Your retirement is publicly funded. Food, education, energy, medicine, and transportation are not for profit businesses. They are common goods and utilities. So you have this wonderful new world and a class of society that they claim to be able to create basically by tax the rich. And this is what brings in the famous Margaret Thatcher quote, which is socialism fails because they always run out of other people's money to spend. And apparently their platform is they can confiscate enough wealth from the wealthiest people to give everybody else everything.
Speaker 2: And you also know rightly in the column that they want to destroy the government of the US as it was created in the Constitution. They're openly talking about destroying the declargy of independence. Vital reporting from Barbaran New York is always catch them at the Washington Examiner and I'm Fox.
Speaker 3: Thanks Byron, appreciates you.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back, all right, marlow in for Hewitt and happy to be here. Let's talk about food for the poor. Most of us, or our kids or grandkids have complained I'm starving in the past few days. I know at least one of my kids did yesterday. But in seventeen countries throughout Latin America and the Caribbean, starvation really is a real thing, and the price of food is skyrocketing, and many families are attempting to survive on the equivalent of less than two dollars a day. More often than not, Food for the Poor is finding that parents and grandparents are losing the battle to feed their children.
Speaker 3: You guys won't play that cup for me.
Speaker 13: We have been to holmes where all the child is crying for is a tortilla, Me tortiita, Mammy, Mi tortillita, And the mother does not have it. When they hear those christs from hunger, that must break their hearts to say to them, we cannot feed you now.
Speaker 3: Maybe tomorrow sad stuff.
Speaker 2: Imagine you eving tell your children they can't eat until tomorrow. And now's your chance to help. You can go to the give Food banner up right now at quqwit dot com.
Speaker 3: You can make a donation, or.
Speaker 2: You can text the name Hewitt H g W T to fifty one five five five. Text you at to five one five fivey five and we'll send you a link where you can make a generous gift. Phone donations are also available.
Speaker 3: You had gat to write this down.
Speaker 2: I'll give you three Mississippi okay eight five five five three five nine four six seven three. Together, let's help these precious children the porch of the pork aet life, giving food and clean drinking water if they need, your gift of eighty dollars or any amount of course, eighty dollars will bring hope to children in crisis by providing a year's worth of food for two children that is ridiculously affordable. All right, give today, huhett dot com. Click on the give food banner.
Speaker 1: My friends, you've probably seen the headlines are worse. Your latest bill meg Wireless is raising rates again. That means you could be paying more for the same service or getting pushed into a price here plan you simply do not need.
Speaker 4: That's not right.
Speaker 1: You can switch to consumer seller right now and save an additional fifty dollars. When you go to consumer selluler dot com, slash hue and use the promo code Hue fifty And if you happen to be over the age of fifty, listen to this. You can get a single line with unlimited talk, text and data for just thirty five dollars a month. Remember their numbers eight hundred four, one forty four to fifty four, eight hundred four to one one forty four to fifty four, eight hundred and four to one, one forty four to fifty four. Consumer Cellular ranks number one for network coverage and for customer satisfaction according to ACSI. And when you switch, you'll talk to an actual human being base right here in the United States. No long term contracts, no inden fees. You can keep your phone or choose a new one. Get an additional fifty dollars off when you switch today using promo code Hugh fifty, and do not forget. If you are over fifty, you get a single line, unlimited talk, text and data for thirty five.
Speaker 4: Dollars a month.
Speaker 1: Visit Consumer sllular dot com slash hugh and use promo code Hugh fifty or call one eight hundred and four one forty four to fifty four and use promo code Hugh fifty.
Speaker 14: Every generation must decide whether it will recognize deceit before it becomes normal. This weekend, Salem News Channels America two fifty film series presents The Fall of Deceit, a sobering documentary on government overreach, faith under pressure, and the cost of abandoning truth. Watch Saturday and Sunday at sevent pm Eastern on Salem News Channel.
Speaker 2: All Right Back in business. I'm a Hugh Huge show with me, Alex Marlow. James Lilex is on He's at Lilex l I l e k s on X the Everything app. He's at James Lyilex dot substack dot com. He goes to lilex dot com. I noticed that as well, James. I'm been looking forward to this. It was great to have you on last time I was in for Hugh. That was really fun segment, and I got a couple of things I think are right up your ally here. The first thing is, I went on a pretty good jag yesterday defending the status quo when it comes to changing the clock. I'm told you're on the other end of this debate. Tell me make the case for daylight savings time.
Speaker 10: Well, first of all.
Speaker 15: I live in Minnesota, where in just a few months from now, the sunates is going to come down hard like an anvil, and it's going to be dark at five o'clock.
Speaker 10: And that's fitting for that time of year, I suppose, and it.
Speaker 15: Reminds us what life is like up here. But for now, we have long, attenuated, beautiful summers in which the children can gamble on the Elysian fields, and see the.
Speaker 10: Fire it flies at nine o'clock at night.
Speaker 15: And the idea that summer should end at eight, a summer evening should close down at eight, and that hot coin should be dropped beneath the trees too early.
Speaker 10: No long summers, long summer hours. Now, those of you who live in California doesn't matter. But those of us who live in places with a temperamental climate, we love it. And the idea that somehow well think about the kids. I mean, there are two competing bills here.
Speaker 15: One of them is the Sunshine Protection Act, which I'm all in favor of protecting sunshine, and.
Speaker 10: The other is the Sunshine for Our Kids Act.
Speaker 15: And anything that has for our kids in the title is something that I naturally have to oppose. And it would say that, you know, well, it's better because the kids can get up in the morning and get on the bus.
Speaker 10: Listen, getting up early in the morning.
Speaker 15: And getting on the bus at dark is what life is all about. And the sooner they learn it, the better. So that basically is what I said.
Speaker 10: It's a good lesson for.
Speaker 15: The children and those of us who for summer is a fleetingly short and vanishing quality. Love. I did a piece on this for National Review. On my National Review call them last week, I managed to crank up a thousand words on the fact and paint those of you like you standard freaks as the enemy of all that's good, true and decent in the society.
Speaker 10: But otherwise I love.
Speaker 2: You, okay, So let me see where we agree and where I need some more convincing. So I don't want to take people's sunshine during the summer. It's not my personal position. So I do like the daylight savings time during the summer. I do think that is great. And I certainly echo your sentiment that anything with for our kids in the bill must be quashed, only because I don't like the colloquialism kids. I think if you use the word children, maybe I would consider it.
Speaker 10: But it's just too I oh no, it could be worse. It could be for the kiddos.
Speaker 2: It could be there is another level, is okay, But the heroes and the doggos, Yeah, okay. So I've got young kids and they started school, So give me the justification for why you believe that. Let's say, my four year old who starts school for the first time coming up here in the fall, Why she should spend her first hour of the day in the dark.
Speaker 10: Because there is an existential truth that they have to learn at some point.
Speaker 15: The idea that we rearrange everything so that the kids, you know, are shivering in the dark. If you grow up in North Dakota is I did you know a large proportion of your life consists of shivering in the dark, and it's better that they get a handle on it now. Now, does that mean that you can't go down there with the flashlight and the rest of it. That's perfectly fine, bring a torch, as they say in Britain. But the fact that everybody else has to change the thing so the children can catch a few glimmering photons coming over the horizon before the bus takes them off to put them indoors for.
Speaker 10: The rest of the day. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Not the most convincing argument to me.
Speaker 2: You know what, It definitely is time for my four year old baby girl, all thirty eight pounds of her, is time for her to start growing up. And I think that this is the exact moment to start doing it. Okay, so they very strong case. So you mentioned Minnesota. How's it going in Minnesota, because I feel like half the time I'm reading a headline in Minnesota, something's actually horrible happening, or it's someone I really like has left California and is now living in Minnesota on some massive acreage and it sounds really nice.
Speaker 10: So what is it?
Speaker 7: It is?
Speaker 15: Yeah, find your massive acreage outside of how it's an absolutely beautiful states.
Speaker 10: It's a gorgeous place, and I love it. Here in the cities where I live.
Speaker 15: We've had three mass shootings over the course of the last seventy two hours, So there's that. But on the other hand, I mean, I was at a wedding a week ago in this magnificent cathedral in downtown Saint Paul, and then went to this other magnificent former post office in downtown Saint Paul. People to the streets now fear of the rest of it, to the architecture of the wedding. But whether gorgeous, it's still a great place to live. What it's got its moments of insanity as every other place.
Speaker 10: Does.
Speaker 15: You know, we've got the DSA infecting our politics as it's everybody else seems to be happy. And the other thing is that we're very close to Canada. So we got the fires, so we got this smoke, We got this choking, weird smell as if not as if it was burning, were artificial Christmas.
Speaker 10: Tree for us or something.
Speaker 15: It was just an odd, horrible petrochemical thing that made my dog shriek and made everybody else just slump around.
Speaker 10: But it's gone. The pristine winds have blown.
Speaker 15: It away, and it's another beautiful day here in a place that I still am proud to call home.
Speaker 10: But Canada, you know, we got this paraffing going out. Heard about this?
Speaker 3: No explain to me.
Speaker 10: I sound like one of those late night commers. What's this tariff thing we got here? Yeah? Well, Trump is a fifty percent tariff.
Speaker 15: On certain Canadian products, and I was looking to see exactly what they were here.
Speaker 10: I think is a good story of where we are. According to Al Jazeero's the first story that came up today.
Speaker 15: The tariffs announced on Monday I cover a range of items including wine, cement, and hockey sticks.
Speaker 10: Bouchet there you go.
Speaker 15: I mean, if the hockey price sticks doubled here, maybe stimulate our domestic hockey stick industry, but what Canada will end up paying is higher viewings on because they have premiums and tariffs on are alcohol, automobile and dairy products. So which nation do you want to be cement, wine and hockey sticks or cars, woos and cheese.
Speaker 10: I'm going to take the latter.
Speaker 15: So I don't like tariffs in general, but you know, we'll have to live with a hockey stick problem.
Speaker 2: It's also news to me that we're we're importing a bunch of Canadian wine.
Speaker 3: That seems very odd.
Speaker 15: That one struck me as well too, because maybe that's what we're smelling in the in the in the forest is some of their you know, they've they've torched their vineyards out of shame. Canadian wine is not really one of those things that plays large in the American imagination. I've never seen anybody go into a place and take a sip and say this isn't Canadian.
Speaker 2: You know, at the local steakhouse, they're always given the you know, the NAPA region and France and Italy, but I don't recall the special page dedicated to the Canadian wine.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: What's interesting, also, yeah, is that they've got the Canadian whiskey, and it feels like there's a whole country of people who are drinking NonStop, and the Canadian whiskey is not nearly as good as them, and whiskey and we have other stuff to do during the day.
Speaker 4: No, it isn't.
Speaker 15: It's very easy to make Canadian whiskey. Just take actual American whiskey and add some water to it, and it's light, it's it's, it's, it's, it's in substantially.
Speaker 10: It'll doing a pinch, it'll do in a mix.
Speaker 15: But it's been a long time since Canadian whisky played any part of the American imagine it completely. Anything Canadian, except for Dudley do Right, has played a large amount. And I love Canada and I love Canadians, and I wish we weren't having this spat. But the old ouion of them is a sort of, you know, a version of the Upper Midwest kind of people, solitary and proud and hard working, and the rest of it seems to have evolved into this strange sort of pseudo European quasis press progressive.
Speaker 10: Nonsense that we really it's a pity to have it so close to us.
Speaker 2: Amazing Sun James violence, can you say thing for four more minutes? Well, sure, let's do it and be right back in the Huge show with James Lylenx. All right, big thank you to Adam and Arlie for taking care of me today. Also Dwyane and of course the great qu Hewitt for blessing me filling in yet again.
Speaker 3: I really enjoy it. If you like what you're hearing today, Alex Marlow's show.
Speaker 2: Wherever you get your Salem stations probably same stations as Hugh Salem News Channel, and wherever you gets your podcasts, Apple, Spotify, YouTube, Rumble, please check it out if you would like to hear more. I've asked James Lilex to stay with me an extra segment and he has obliged. James Liilex dot Substack dot com, at lilex on the Everything app and lilex dot com as well.
Speaker 3: James, I had to ask you about Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: Have you been eating a lot of Taco Bell up there in Minnesota? Did the latest virus outbreak did it impact a lot of your nutritional decisions over last week or so?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 10: And I don't say that as somebody who wants to dump on Taco Bell. Perhaps that's the wrong word. I love Taco Bell. I absolutely love Taco Bell.
Speaker 15: I love the way they've been able to take three or four ingredients and over the course of the twenty five years find combinations and fake Spanish words for it, and in vences it's delicious. I will go there when I'm in the midst of something that keeps me from eating normal human food. And when I was moving it two or three months ago, I found myself there a weekly and what that meant was I would take too many sauce packets.
Speaker 10: Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 15: I took five diabolos when I should have only needed three, and consequently ended up with a substantial quantity of taco bell sauces, which keep forever.
Speaker 10: They're like honey in King Tut's tomb.
Speaker 15: When they open up this apartment in a thousand years, they will find that the sauce it's just as.
Speaker 10: Piquent as it ever was. But no, I haven't gotten there.
Speaker 15: I really haven't, and I have been very keen about Whenever I get some produce home and you wash it as you are instructed to do, you run it under the sink and you think, somehow is the pressure from this tap sufficient to blow whatever fecal contamination has insinuated itself.
Speaker 10: In the folds of the lettuce. I don't know, but if it's wet, it's probably safe.
Speaker 15: And when you think about it, it's very organic to have produce that is contaminated with this sort of thing. That's about as organic as you get because organisms natural.
Speaker 10: Consider of all these little weed beasties in.
Speaker 15: Our food that are content to lay us low for a couple of days with explosive outflows.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so no it hasn't.
Speaker 15: But I'm going to wait for it to die down before i actually head back to Run for the Border.
Speaker 10: Maybe isn't a word that they should have put in their title?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think so. The run the Runs part, Yeah, that's definitely.
Speaker 3: It's a great point.
Speaker 2: And thank you for mentioning fecal contaminants. We hadn't had that shout out on the show. Shout out fecal contaminants. I was just looking it up. The crunch wrap Supreme is not a real Mexican dish. The Mexican pizza is not a real dish. The Dorito's Locos taco, the cheesy Gordiita crunch, none of these are actually real things in Mexico, which is very so that's cultural appropriation and that's one of the things that is we want to condemn that. But James, would you've ever bet it was the lettuce that was going to be what caused the problem of all the menu had into Taco Bell.
Speaker 3: It's the lettuce.
Speaker 10: Oh, yes, absolutely, it's always the lettuce. It's always the lettuce.
Speaker 15: It always comes down to that stuff and gets from the fields that's been fertilized with night soil or some strange thing where they ran out of enough, you know, the chemical stuff organically, so you know, a lot of fertilizers come from you know, various fine quarter regions.
Speaker 10: So no, I wasn't surprised at all. It wasn't going to be the cheese.
Speaker 15: Possibly could be the meat, probably not going to be some perforation in your digestive system from the show.
Speaker 10: Always it's the lettuce. Always.
Speaker 2: You know, this is an educational show and James Lylyx is here to make sure everyone learned a little bit today.
Speaker 3: Thanks games appreciate you.
Speaker 2: James Lylex dot substack dot com, Lilex dot com at Live on the Everything app. That's today's show. I'm Alex Marlow, thanks for listening. Thanks to Hugh Hewitt and I'll talk to you all soon.