Speaker 1: Welcome to today's podcast sponsored by Hillsdale College, All Things Hilldale Hillsdale dot ed or. I encourage you to take advantage of the many free online courses there, and of course I'll listen to the Hilldale Dialogues, all of them at q for Hillsdale dot com or just Google, Apple iTunes and Hilldale Morning Glory and even Grace America. I'm Hugh Hewett. Thank you for joining us today. It's been a wonderful weekend. I know it's August and that some of you have left town and some of you have decided not to pay any attention to anything, But some of you have got to work. I know that, and so I'm here for you. I'm not going to leave you alone in August. No one will. I want to begin by playing for you. I'm going to focus a lot on Abdul Rahman lsayaid, and I don't know if it's L say ed or L said I say I'm both, because it's unclear to me whether or not one or the other is in fact the correct way to pronounce it. But I want to start by telling you the most important race in the United States in twenty twenty six is Mike Rogers versus Abdul Rahman Lsaed in Michigan. And what we've got to do is make sure that Mike Rogers is fully funded. And what that means is that you're ten dollars or one hundred dollars year. I think it's twenty eight hundred dollars now. Contribution can be made directly to Mike at Rogers for Senate dot Com, R O. G. E. R. S. Rogers for Senate dot Com. I want to begin by telling you that Mike Katie Pablick is an old friend of mine, old town Hall colleague. I've known Katie for a long time. She is now working with our friends over it in New Hiss Nation, and she's doing a great job ten o'clock Monday through Friday night. But Katie's a little less inhibited than I am. She's actually posted over on x what it is that hasan Piker has said what it is that he is quite proud to say again and again, things like America is nine to eleven. MAO was the greatest person to live in the twentieth century. Now killed one hundred million people. By the way, in case you didn't know that, In case you went to public school. He is anti black, he's anti woman, he's anti borders, he's anti police. And El Sayed is a SAN Piker, and a SAN piker is l Sayed. What I want you to understand is that the two of them campaigned together, as I've basically joined at the hit. They even had a pool party the night before the election. They were clicking their glasses because they had all these fake polls out there showing Laed beating Hailey Stevens by ten to fifteen points. A lot of people didn't even bother to show up and vote. He won by about fifteen thousand votes one percent of the vote, not ten, not fifteen percent. So I'm not really sure that tomorrow's election in Wisconsin is going to be the real deal. I'm not really sure that she's ahead by many points, as we've been told she's been. But let's go to the let's go to the tape. I'll say he made the rounds yesterday trying to normalize himself. He was on Kristen Welker Cut number eight.
Speaker 2: You know, you faced scrutiny for campaigning with socialist streamer Hassan Piker, who has made a series of inflammatory comments as you well know, including saying America deserved nine to eleven describing Hamas as a lesser evil than Israel. Do you plan to continue to campaign with Hassan Piker in the general election campaign?
Speaker 3: Look, I'm less concerned now with who I'm campaigning with, a lot more concerned about who I'm campaigning to. We've got a lot of work to do to continue to build the coalition that's going to be Mike Rogerson.
Speaker 2: Would you welcome him though on the campaign troop?
Speaker 3: Like I said, I'm a lot more focused on who I'm campaigning to. So I think we have this notion sometimes on shows like this that we cannot or should not talk to certain groups of people. And I will tell you that the three million people who listen to Hassan are people I want to make sure understand that there's a pathway into our politics around getting money out of politics so we can keeput money back in pockets in past Medicare for all. And so I'm going to continue to have the conversations with those folks who we desperately need to reach out to, just like I'm going to continue to have conversations with seniors and senior homes folks up North, folks in Detroit, forks and Grand Rapids. So again, I'm a lot more focused on who I'm campaigning to rather than who I might campaign with.
Speaker 1: That's not an answer, because a son Piker is a malignancy in the country. He's an evil guy. He's deeply vile if you know anything about it. And I don't expect most of the people listening to me right now to have any idea who the son Piker is. But Twitch is a service that you can basically put yourself online twenty four to seven and you might draw a crowd of seventy five to one hundred thousand people at any given time. I'm talking to millions of people right now. So I've been doing this for thirty years, and my millions of people are normal people. Hassan Piker attracts both hate watchers and people who are nuts. Listen again to this answer, cut number eight.
Speaker 2: You know you faced scrutiny for campaigning with socialist streamer Hassan Piker, who has made a series of inflammatory comments, as you well know, including saying America deserved nine to eleven, describing Hamas as a lesser evil than Israel.
Speaker 4: Do you plan to.
Speaker 2: Continue to campaign with Hassan Piker in the general election campaign.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm less concerned now with who I'm campaigning with, a lot more concerned about who I'm campaigning to. We've got a lot of work to do to continue to build the coalition that's going to be Mike Rogers.
Speaker 2: Would you welcome him though on the campaign trip?
Speaker 3: Like I said, I'm a lot more focused on who I'm campaigning to so present.
Speaker 1: What Kristan ought to have done has said, pardon my language, but I'm going to use eth insta of the F word, and I'm going to quote a son Piker, and I want to know if you agree with this quote quote number one, quote number two, quote number three, quote number four. I would methodically go through everything this sociopath has said repeatedly, we want to open the borders so people from the South can come and rape your sisters and your brides and your daughters. That's a san Piker. He's crazy. He's an absolute malignant force and a narcissist. And he's got seventy five one hundred thousand people who are entertained by malignancy, like people who like to watch torture videos of cats being crushed. There's an actual Supreme Court case on that whether or not it's constitutionally protected to have crush videos. So asan piker is a walking, talking crush video, there's got constitutional protection. He's allowed to do whatever he wants to do and say whatever he wants to say. But when you're asked on meet the press, do you disavow this guy? He will not answer the question. In fact, he said it again. Cut number ten yesterday to Christian Walker.
Speaker 3: You know, to sit here and play gotcha politics with a dumb thing. Somebody said out of context that they just allowed themselves to say, Oh, well, what does that mean about what you think? I want to be held accountable for what I say and what I do, rather than this idea that we've were so stuck in cancel culture that all of us agreed was a bad idea back in twenty twenty, but we seem to want to bring back.
Speaker 1: That is not at all what's being asked. He's being asked specifically about an individual with whom he traffics on a daily basis, who he closed his campaign with for many days, who was at his victory party live streaming in a profane and vulgar way, saying the same sort of things that Hasan Piker always says. In fact, today, Hassan Piker asked to comment on Cea Weaver, who is director of New York City Mayor Zoron Mamdani's Office to Protect Tenants and has been since January one, twenty seven. She endorsed government seizure of private property, and she endorsed listeners impoverishing the white middle class. Hassan Piker responded by saying, beast mode, I love her. Critics highlighted Piker's own two point seven to four million dollar West Hollywood home, his two hundred thousand dollars Porsche, and whether or not he ought to be applauding people who want to impoverish the white middle class. That's not something that's out of context. That's today, that's after yesterday's Meet the Press comment. Meanwhile, he did get asked to a couple of softballs by Kristen Welker cut number nine.
Speaker 2: Just to be very clear, you're describing this tradeoff, you are effectively acknowledging that people making less than a million dollars could see their taxes go up. I just wouldn't be very clear.
Speaker 3: Is that a yes, I'm saying that we'd be paying for healthcare in a different way instead of paying a health insurance company who ceo makes twenty million dollars. I would much rather pay for durable health care into a government, which, of course we all know provides healthcare for seniors who need health care the most. So if I'm trading paying a CEO to make more money or paying a government to guarantee me health care, I'm picking the latter.
Speaker 5: Every time.
Speaker 1: He's stupid. That's just a stupid thing to say. That's that is just a stupid thing to say. It's not even single payer. It's not Medicare for all. It's stupid. It doesn't it's not responsive. But then he said this cut number eleven.
Speaker 2: Some Americans worry, though, you can only make Medicare free and universal if you increase taxes. So if you are elected and make this push, would you need to increase taxes?
Speaker 3: As I've said across this campaign, I am for taxing billionaires their wealth.
Speaker 2: What about people who make less for less than a million dollars though, doctor elsayd what about people making less than a million dollars?
Speaker 3: So for the average person, and you look at your W two. If you're an employee, he gets paid every two weeks or four weeks.
Speaker 5: After you pay your taxes.
Speaker 3: The next biggest check that comes off the top of your pay stub is to your health insurance company. So you imagine instead of paying that to your health insurance company, who CEO makes twenty million dollars a year. Instead you paid a little bit more in taxes for healthcare that you wouldn't lose if you lost your job or turn twenty six.
Speaker 1: So, yes, your taxes are going to go up a lot. It doesn't make any sense. It's not thought through. He doesn't have a plan, he doesn't have a platform. He's a complete imbecile, and he's around a radical Hassan biker that it makes him himself a radical. Go to rogersfirsenate dot com and contribute to Mike Rodgers the most important race in the United States in twenty twenty six. I'll be right back on the U Zealer check America. Senator Tom Cotton is from the Great State of Arkansas, the chair of the Republican Conference, making the third ranking Republican in the United States Senate. He is also the chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, a member of the Armed Services Committee, Senator Cotton, I want to get to Iran, but can I first get your comments on the nomination by the Democrats of Abdul Rahman l Said to be a United States Senator. I just can't see it happening, heugh.
Speaker 6: It's just the latest example and evidence that socialists are the driving intellectual force and the political muscle and the Democratic Party. They're nominating these radicals not just in New York City but now in one of the key swing states in the Midwest. And abdulah say Ed is truly radical compared to most normal michigan ors, or our candons, or Americans, if you look at his deep hostility and tipathy towards Israel and Jews, if you consider his support for abolishing ice, opening the borders, go.
Speaker 1: On and on.
Speaker 6: But the thing is, that's not really that kind of the mainstream the Democratic Party anymore. That's kind of what most Democrats these days, I think, and certainly the way they vote in part because they're scared of the socialists who are running against them in primaries, are voting in these primaries. I suspect you're going to see it again tomorrow, Hugh in Wisconsin and in Minnesota in jubernatorial and in Senate primaries there, and it's a reminder of the stakes of this election. We cannot let these radical socialists take power, not just in some city that's far away that you may never want to travel to, but in our Congress to make laws that we all live under.
Speaker 1: Now, I've been trying to argue to the audience that Chevalier Valdez, Hamawi, Caros, they will be a problem for their districts, but they can't screw up the House completely without the complexity of their party. One senator can do a lot of damage, can't they.
Speaker 6: Well, there's no question that any one senator has a lot more influence than any one representative. And it's not just a function Hue, as you suggest, of being one of one hundred verses one and four and thirty five. The Senate is a deliberate institution in which each Senator has a lot more power from a structural standpoint than each individual representative because the House is a much more majoritarian institute. So there's there's no question that if l si Ed were to win, which I do not for a minute believe he will, that he would be a massive head a not just for Chuck Schumer and Senate Democrats before the Senate is an institution for this country. And unfortunately, he'd probably have a lot of allies as well.
Speaker 1: The good news is Mike Rodgers is the nominee. Mike Rodgers, I don't know if you campaigned for him two years ago. I guess you would against Elizie Slotkin, but she's kind of an army Democratic came down to less than one percent, and I'm hoping that Michigan reconsidered. He's an army guy. He's an FBI guy. Fourteen years in the House, he was chair of the House Intel Committee. He's like abundantly qualified to join the Senate. Don't you think.
Speaker 6: No question to you that Mike Rodgers is assault of the earth guy. I campaigned with him a lot two years ago. I served with him the House of Representatives. As you say, he's a patriot who served our country in uniform, who served in the FBI, who led the House Intelligence Committee. He understands where, he understands what it takes to keep the country safe. He knows what it takes to get the economy moving, to help prices stabilize to help improve the quality of life for michigan urs and keep them safe as well.
Speaker 1: All right, no, sa if I can switch over to Iran with you. Many of our listeners, many of our viewers today don't really have a good idea of what's going on there. I think it's just the blockade and strangulation strategy. But I don't know how do you view it.
Speaker 6: Well, Hugh? At this stage, we haven't had a major exchange of fire now and I think nine or ten days the President said last week that there may be a deal underway. I frankly think there's never going to be a deal with these revolutionary fanatics. I wish we had simply finished the job back in early April, whether before starting this on again, off again series of cease fires. I don't think it's too late to finish the job. We need to destroy the remnants of their military, especially their military assets that are near the straight Up for Moves that can continue to threaten shipping through the Straight.
Speaker 5: Up for moves.
Speaker 6: If we did that, we'd be able to get more tankers out every single day. That would help get the price of gas and diesel under control for our cans ins and all Americans. It would also prevent Ron from using that point of leverage in the future, and then in the meantime, we can keep the blockade in place. Does hundreds of millions of dollars worth of damage to Iran every single day. We have left their military and shambles. We have destroyed their nuclear program. So I think it's better that we try to finish the job sooner rather than later. That's been my consistent view now for four months. And furthermore, we should acknowledage that revolutionary genetics are never going to make the kind of deal that we could accept.
Speaker 1: Now you're on the campaign trail, you're up for election this year. What do our Kansas say to you about the war? Because you get a lot of different points of view wherever you are in the country. I just wanted prosecuted to a successful conclusion, which means capitulation by the regime to the reality that they can't terrorize their neighbors. But what do our Kansons tell you on the trail?
Speaker 6: Hughes something very similar. I remember when the war first started, talking to a farmer who acknowledged that he was already paying a little bit more for diesel and a little bit more for gas, but also said, you know, I'm about your age, Senator. Orn's been terrorizing America for forty seven years, and it's fine time that we finally ended this threat once and for all. But I understand that the people who are paying a little bit more for gas or for diesel wish we had actually eliminated the threat entirely in March and in April as opposed to go into this series of positive That's why I think again the best course of action is to finish the job militarily, especially the threat that are on poses to the Strait, and then keep the embargo in place. That'll keep the price of gas and diesel and other products lower than there are right now. It'll also keep the vice on a run.
Speaker 1: Now, crude oil today is up to eighty two dollars and change up about five percent, which usually portends something's going to happen. But at the same time, every day and every week we talk the UAE, Saudi Arabia, the Gulf State, they're building pipelines, they're providing different means of getting oil to market. Is the straight declining of depreciating asset for the revolutionary regime as it stands, even if we don't do anything except the blockade.
Speaker 6: I think that's probably the case. You that's a medium term solution, not a near term solution. The near term solution is to finish the job and to prevent or On from continuing a threat in the Strait. That's what's going to get prices down for our cantons right now in the next few months. The near term solution, say, over the course of the president's final two and a half years in office, as you suggest, to build a new pipeline infrastructure that may basically makes the story to removes immateial for global oil supply. That'll keep prices down in the medium to long term. I've talked to Arab leaders whose countries would be building and hosting these pipelines. I talked to leaders of the oil industry who say the same things. These are not engineering challenges. They're frankly not even that expensive on the scale of what oil major major companies and Arab countries have to budget. You're talking about very minor expenses and expenses because they don't face the same kind of ridiculous obstacles and red tape to permitting for infrastructure that we have in America that could probably be brought online within again a couple of years. That's the way to diminish to runs leverage in the medium to long term. In the short term, it's to finish the job against them militarily.
Speaker 1: I agree, Center Tom Cotton. Always good to talk to you. Back to the campaign trail for you, and thank you for spending some time with me on this Monday. Don't go anywhere in commons. I'm joined by kind of a Midwesterner, Selena Zito calms to America. I know Pennsylvania is not really the Midwest, Selena, President Trump's famous favorite journalist, Selena, Uh, you know the Midwest pretty well for a Pennsylvania who comes over to our side of the line once in a while. What do you make of l Sied in Michigan and hung in Wisconsin. How do they fit in the Midwestern matrix, of which you are somewhat aware they do not?
Speaker 4: But I think is really interesting is if you remember in my book Butler, I laid out that what Democrats have been missing is that white working class and Hispanic working class and black working class all vote the same, and they don't vote far left. So what we saw in that in this midterm contest, in the Democratic primary, he did not win those voters. And it's very talent because going into a general, those Democrat working class voters are going to do one or two things. They're either going to sit on their hands and stay home, or they're going to vote Republican.
Speaker 1: So let's follow up on that. And Butler, you talked about the rally would have a lot of African Americans come, a lot of people, have all sorts of races come. And when we look at the cross stabs in Detroit, El Saya did not do what Democrats typically do in the inner suburbs or the inner wards of Detroit, blacks don't like him.
Speaker 7: Why is that, Oh, well, because you know, I think a lot of times people don't understand that black voters, in particular black working class voters are much more.
Speaker 4: Conservative than college educated blacks that live in places like New York or DC. It's very very different. Their experience are very different, and they're much more conservative, much more pro life, don't want government in their lives, and they don't want an overreaching government, right, which is what you have with socialism and communism, right, you do those freedoms that they work so hard to achieve from the Civil War all the way up to the Civil Rights Act are then stripped away under socialism and communism.
Speaker 1: So what do you make of Francesca hang Is on the ball tomorrow in Wisconsin not liking Thanksgiving? How's that going to fly with the folks in your area of Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not gonna fly. And it doesn't matter how many times she walks it back or pretend she didn't say it. It's out there. She said it, and as a matter of convenience, she's now saying, well, that's not actually what I really meant. You know, the voters are not stupid, but the assumption is that they are. You know, the challenge for Democrats right now are primaries because the furthest left shows up.
Speaker 8: Look.
Speaker 4: I have been reporting this in Pittsburgh since twenty seventeen, when Mick Pappas first won as a Democratic Socialist of America member for magistrate, followed quickly by Summerlee winning a state repsy. And it's been happening in Pittsburgh now for almost a decade. They've been very very strategic in how when they won run and where they run and they were very patient as well to pick off moderate Democrats in an election cycle, in a primary where far left tend to show up more than your average moderate Democrat.
Speaker 1: So, Selena, until this week, have you ever heard of a San Piker? Have you followed the rise of this very vile person?
Speaker 4: Now I tend to avoid people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, But now what do you think that can El Sayed shed him? I think they're joined at the hip. They were at a pool party the night before the election. They campaigned together for the last week. Piker live stream the election night party. There's the video of people are watching on the Salem news channel. Can El sai ed hide him? Now?
Speaker 5: No, he can't.
Speaker 4: This is the Internet age. You can't hide from anything that you did. It's not like when we were in high school and you would write something like Kilroy was here in the bathroom wall, right like those days are nobody knew who wrote it. Those days are gone. It's out there and you can you can't walk away from it now.
Speaker 1: Last thing I would ask is, I don't know that you've covered Arab Americans, very diverse community of Arab Americans. For example, the last United States Senator to serbu as an American Arab American to my knowledge, was from Michigan, and he was a Lebanese Arab American Spence Abrams. I think that the Arab American community is being type cast as radical and it's not.
Speaker 4: What do you think, well, I mean we also know an Arab American who was the governor of Indiana and the president of Purdue Andy Yinzer.
Speaker 1: Mitch Daniels. Right, Yes, I didn't know Mitch Daniels was Arab American.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was part of Yeah, absolutely, and and so you know, and and just like any other ethnic group, it's a very diverse group of people, and and so you know, I don't see it as a whole as a radical group. I you know, there's there's there's differences obviously, but you know, I just don't see it as as you can put it in one mold.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for a column forthcoming on that on how the DSA is all the fault of Pittsburgh since it got started there. Selena Zeito, good to talk to you. Follow on exit Zito Selena read everything Selena writes at Selenazito dot com. I'll be right back to America, my friends, you've probably seen the headlines are worse. Your latest bill. Meg Wireless is raising rates again. That means you could be paying more for the same service or getting pushed into a price your plan you simply do not need. That's not right. You can switch to consumer sellutor right now and save an additional fifty dollars when you go to consumer Sellular dot com slash hue and use the promo code Hugh fifty. And if you happen to be over the age of fifty listening to this, you can get a single line with unlimited talk, text and data for just thirty five dollars a month. Remember their numbers eight hundred four to one one forty four to fifty four, eight hundred four one one forty four to fifty four, eight hundred four one one forty four to fifty four. Consumer Cellular ranks number one for network coverage and for customers satisfaction according to ACSI. And when you switch, you'll talk to an actual human being base right here in the United States. No long term contracts, no inden fees. You can keep your phone or choose a new one, get an additional fifty dollars off when you switch today. Using promo code Hugh fifty and do not forget. If you are over fifty, you get a single line, unlimited talk texting data for thirty five dollars a month. Visit Consumer Cellular dot com slash Hugh and use promo code Hugh fifty or call one eight hundred and four four fifty four and use promo code Hugh fifty.
Speaker 9: Half a century later, Watergate still shapes how Americans view power, scandal and trust. This weekend, the America two fifty film series presents Watergates, Secrets and Betrayals. Revisit the investigation through archival footage, interviews, and new arguments about what happened. Launch Saturday and Sunday at seven pm. There an on Salem News Channel.
Speaker 1: Welcome back America. Kyrgyzstan. You don't hear about Kyrgyzstan much, but it is August and it is important. So I've asked Philip Balboni to join me and talk about Kyrgyzstan. Philip is the founder and the editor in chief of Globalposts GlobalPost dot com. It is free, by the way, for all you high school students out there, teachers, homeschoolers. We'll get back to that In the end, Philip, I got this big, long article from you this morning on Kyrgyzstan, and I had to go to my globe and we got a map at Kyrgyzstan, which I think Harley can put up for our audience so they can understand it. What drew your attention to Kyrgyzstan. And that's the map from the Global Post, by the way, which has great maps every single day.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 8: You good to see you as always. So your viewers are looking at Central Asia. And so Central Asia is a really fascinating place that most Americans know little or nothing about. So it stretches from China in the in the east on the right side of this map all the way over to the Cascian seeing from Russia down to Iran and the Middle East and South Asia. So what we're focusing on today in Global Posts is Kyrgyzstan, but really it's all of Central Asia, these five countries. And so this area is where the historic trade routes were from China to Europe, you know, in you know, millennia ago and famous as the Silk Road, and these trade routes are still important here we are in the twenty first century, and so you know, the story is really about the rise of China and to some degree the decline of Russia in this area. So these five states, including Kyrguistan, were part of the old Soviet Union, and when the USSR as we used to call it, broke up in nineteen ninety, all of these states became independent republics. But Russia continued to be, of course, very important. But with China's rise as a global economic and military power, they have pushed deeply into Central Asia. So in Kyrguistan, they're creating large centers for the transshipment of goods and trade, and the people of Kyrgyzstan and other parts of Central Asia as well are starting to resist this and to resent, you know, the Chinese incursion.
Speaker 1: Let me say, for the benefit of the audio audience, fill the stands as they are colloquial called. There are five of them. There's Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and there's Bekistan. And they're usually just called the Stans because most Americans, just like me, don't know their geography very well unless we put that map up. I had no idea, by the way, until I looked at that map, how much bigger Kazakhstan is than the other five. But the one that's buttoned up against China, there's some Kazakhstan, but it's Kyrghyzstan is their first step in that Silk Road twenty twenty six.
Speaker 8: Correct, exactly exactly, And it's a good call on Kazakhstan. You, I mean, what an enormous country. I mean, you can see how it stretches the entire width of that whole Silk Road, and it is just an amazing country. But it carries out as much smaller. It's a very mountainous country. It's known as the Switzerland of Central Asia. It's ninety percent mountainous country, about eight million people, so not a very large country in terms of population, but.
Speaker 1: It's city eight point zero eight million, Yes, eight million people. That's not a lot, no.
Speaker 8: No, But this is a like so many other places that we see in the world, this is an important battleground for the rise of China. Russia of course above down in the war in Ukraine doesn't have the capabilities that it once did, so its influence is declining.
Speaker 5: It's by no means gone because remember these.
Speaker 8: Countries were part of the Old Sort Union for many, many decades, so Russian is widely spoken along with the local languages.
Speaker 1: So what is China aim to do here, Philip Balboni, Are they trying to basically take over southwestern Asia, to not annex, but have it as a certant, to actually have it as a vassal state.
Speaker 8: Well, you know about the Belton Road initiative, Hue, there's really extraordinary physical not a structure so much, but although there were our structures railroads and roads and ports that stretch from China all the way into Europe. In fact, even Italy was part of the Belton Road at one point.
Speaker 5: And this is China's kind of.
Speaker 8: Worldwide strategy for the movement of Chinese goods through all these countries. And Central Asia is a very important place because they can have you know, a land transhipment of goods and move things more quickly than having to go you know, by sea. And of course, now with the you know, straight at home news closed and all these terrible difficulties in Iran, alternatives are more important than ever. So this is kind of the grand vision of President Shy Jimping with the Beltian Road initiative, of which Central Asia is a critical piece now.
Speaker 1: Of course, in fact you brought up around I'm glad you did. I was going to say, I believe that the United States has bombed some rail links that run through the stands over to China as a means of disrupting the export of oil via land and rail, and so China obviously wants to re establish that. Why are the people of Kyrgyzstan objecting to this?
Speaker 8: They are starting to to I guess it's like maybe people anywhere when you have an external power, move in and start to throw their way around kind of basically a lot of money. I mean, China's trade with the five Central Asian countries now totals one hundred billion dollars. So it's an important source of investment capital into these countries, and the the governments of those countries want that investment.
Speaker 5: But the people are starting to feel.
Speaker 8: That this may not be in their best long term interest to have yet.
Speaker 1: In last question, are there governments corrupt? Are we generally talking about kleptocracies here.
Speaker 5: We're talking about autocracies.
Speaker 1: We have so much I want to make sure everyone finds out GlobalPost dot com very inexpensive. It's absolutely free to high school students, college students. Once a month Philip comes in and just throws up a map and educates me on something. Today. It's Kyrgyzstan, Philip. Let people know it's on the toolbar, right.
Speaker 8: It's well, it's not in the toolbar, so it's if you are a listener or a viewer of you Hewett, you can get a fifty percent discount on our annual subscription. So rather than paying forty six dollars, you'd only pay twenty three dollars. We published five days a week. It's, you know, quite a good deal. So just GlobalPost dot com, fold slash q h q he and that will immediately get you your fifty percent discount.
Speaker 1: But if you're a student, you get it for free. Go find that on the toolbar. Phillip Balboni, CEO, founder of GlobalPost dot Com. That's getting the world about the world. Thank you, my friend. All is good to talk to you here in September. Don't go anywhere time.
Speaker 5: Keep you up.