Speaker 1: Life audio of today's episode of Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 2: Why do people do bad?
Speaker 3: My personal belief is that the ultimate downfall of man individual or as a group is pride. And I think it goes back to what you were talking about before with the people that were in charge of the gangs. How they were so full of themselves, they had the best self esteem. I think it goes back to pride. Caesar, look at what he did, and most prideful man I think we ever had on this planet.
Speaker 4: Well, there's competition for that title, Megan, But so by pride meaning what filled with oneself?
Speaker 3: Yes, I think a total egotism. But then I think pride can be this big swirling depth. You know, as somebody that has roadbrake, maybe you know pride. How did that person cut me off or not signal or something. I think that's why people rape and murder and everything. It all comes back to pride.
Speaker 1: That's coming up on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Welcome to Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Here thousands of hours of Dennis's lectures, courses in classic radio programs, and to purchase Dennis Prager's Rational Bibles, go to Dennisprager dot Com.
Speaker 4: All right, everybody, you're listening to the Dennis Prager Show. Let's crank it up there, Sean, this is the Ultimate Issues Hour. This is the hour devoted to the great questions of life. I have an hour each week on Friday devoted to the question of happiness. And this is to the great questions of life. Hi, everybody, the Ultimate Issue is hour. Here we are, I'm Dennis Prager.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sean.
Speaker 4: The question today and this is really ultimate and ultimate question, an ultimate issue. Why do people do bad? And let me let me answer because a lot of you are already don't call in. Don't call in yet. Please don't know they're already calling in. Don't call it yet. Don't call it. Wait till I wait till I define bad. And let me tell you what I what I'm I'm asking about it because I want to be very precise or this thing will go all over the place. I I want to focus in like a laser on the question that I'm talking about. When I mean bad, I mean bad toward fellow human beings. I'm not talking about sin against God. Although everybody who believes in religion in any sophisticated sense knows that when you heard the human you were, you are sinning against God.
Speaker 2: But that's not my point.
Speaker 4: I'm talking when I say evil or bad, I'm talking about bad toward another human. And this is this subject is as much addressed to secular people as to religious people. It's not a religious question. And per se, you may have a religious answer. That's fine, that's your prerogative. But my question is why do people do bad things to others? And and I mean really bad things, whether it's blowing up a children and or people on on buses, or or wars of aggression to conquer, to conquer and enslave people, whether it is it is racism where you believe people of another group are are inferior, or or in daily life when now, when you when you cheat on a test, that's a bad thing. We'll call it evil. I'll call it bad. Bad is lesser than evil. That's how I'm using the term here. Why do people do bad things to other peoples deliberately hurt other people?
Speaker 2: Why? I'd like to offer you.
Speaker 4: Some some answers, And incidentally, I need to tell you that we're going to have an hour on why do people do good? Alan, if you'll put that down, I think the question of why do people do good is at least as complex as the question why do people do bad? People think that it's natural to do good, but folks, it is natural to do bad. It is more natural to cheat than to be honest. It is more natural to lie when it serves your purposes than to tell the truth. So, folks, it's the question of why do people do good? Is a very very real one. But I'm dealing this hour with the question that more people ask why more people ask why do.
Speaker 2: People do bad?
Speaker 4: Is a very interesting one, but that I'll put aside as well right now, because we discussed that issue on one of the ultimate issues hours, and that was the question of our people basically good, And of course I don't believe are basically good. I believe that we have good tendencies and bad tendencies, and it's very hard to vanquish the bad tendency. So let me begin my answer about why people do bad, and please hear me out, because the issue isn't to get everybody's opinion to be perfectly honest, and forgive me for even saying that that is not It is to try to clarify great issues. That's the purpose here. So I'd like you to react to what I'm saying. And if you have something else to say, of course it's welcome. But I need you to hear me in this case first. So don't call in yet, because I haven't even told you one answer, except that it's easier to do bad often than it is to do good, all right, In answering this question. In answering this question, I divide, as I so often do, between the macro and the micro, the personal and the societal, if you will, or the social. There are two. There are two authors of evil, the individual and the society, or if you will, in the In the societal, there is what I would call ideological reasons for evil. Let me tell you something. There is more evil done or certainly in the in the last hundred years, there has been far more evil done for ideological reasons than because of peoples, than because of people's sadism or cruelty. See when you hear about a kid, a child who's kidnapped and raped and and strangled, that's an active evil. Every I think everybody listening knows that that is an active evil.
Speaker 2: But those are relatively rare.
Speaker 4: The vast majority of real evil that has been done since the twentieth century began, at least, has been done for ideological reasons. When the Nazis did what they did, and the Communists did what they did, and the and the Islamic totalitarians jihadists do what they do, it's out of ideological reasons. There was torture in the name of the Nazi state, torture in the name of communist liberation, and torture in the name of Islam. I'm not here to argue whether that is real Islam, that is what that is the name they gave it. Would they would invoke Islam and then torture people. I am not indicting all of Islam, and it is not the subject whatsoever. My point here is solely that there is ideological evil, and then there is character and psychological evil. Now I am clear on this, and I need to convey it clearly. The two sources, the two big sources of evil are individual character slash psychology and social justification. Social justification comes from ideological evil, and that's worse because the people doing it think they're doing good. The Nazis thought they were doing good the Communists thought they were doing good, and the Islamic torturers think they're doing good. That is what you need to understand. These people think it's good. That's why it's Ideological evil is more frightening than individual evil because individual evil is done by people with sick character. There's six psyches or six psyches, not necessarily both, but and they are relatively rare. I mean, how many people are kidnapped and murdered. Now you have a fair amount of it. I mean gang violence. That's individual, that's not ideological, that is individual. These are human beings with no self restraint, who live the laws of a of a if you will, a moral jungle. That still is relatively rare compared to ideological evil. The number of people killed by Nazis and Communists in the twentieth century we approached one hundred million, actually exceeded one hundred million, and there people often thought they're doing good. I am advancing the proletariats revolution, I'm advancing a world of equality.
Speaker 2: You know what Lenin's.
Speaker 4: Phrase was for how he justified murdering non communists, murdering landowners, murdering people who did who engaged in business. You in order to make omelets, you have to break eggs, or he put it the other way to you have to break eggs to make omelets. See, so we're making beautiful omelets, so of course we're going to have to break some heads. And so that was the understanding because of the beautiful omelet that communism would be making. So you kill some and in the case of Stalin, who went to between twenty and forty million, you killed. But after all, you make a beautiful omelet. Of course, the irony is that the beautiful omelet was didn't exist either. They broke eggs in order to break eggs, and all they had was broken eggs. There are two sources then, for evil, bad ideology and bad character, or bad character and bad psychology both. I will talk about the bad character of bad psychology. And now I'll take your calls. One eighth Prager seven seven six. That's eight seven seven two four three triple seven six eight seven seven two four to three triple seven six. This is the ultimate Issues hour on the Dennis Prager Show. Why do People Do Bad Things?
Speaker 1: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's Timeless wisdom.
Speaker 4: All right, everybody, Dennis Prager here, this is the Ultimate Issues Hour, the Hour on the Great Questions of Life, every Tuesday at this hour. I have this subject today is why do people do bad things? I mean really bad things. I don't mean little bad things, although little bad things. In other words, as an example, why do people, for example, why will they park diagonally and take up to parking spots. I mean, you know, that's bad, that's not evil, but it is part of a continuum. Now I'm not saying that somebody who does that is going to be a torturer, but it's part.
Speaker 2: It's part of a continuum.
Speaker 4: And remember that what I have done here is I've divided between ideological evil Nazism, evil done in the name of religion, communism, where you have an ideological justification to not only do evil, but to think you're right when you do it, versus individual evil stealing, murder, et cetera, that you will do individually, and that emanates from character flaws and psychopathology. Now, I don't believe that evil is sick. Evil may in fact be. It's a very difficult question. Is evil is all evil sick? Can of psychologically healthy person commit evil, and in my opinion, the answer is yes, my opinion, in fact, I'm certain of it. Not everybody who does evil is sick, and not every sick person does evil, but sometimes psychopathology causes you to do bad things. All righty, let's see what you have to say, folks in light of what I have just said. One eight Praguer seven seven six and we go to Cleveland and Charles, Hello, Charles Dennis Prager.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you, Dennis. I'm looking for the next time you come to Cleveland on the will D. But yeah, I think there's only one root cause, and it's the It's the failure to put uh any restraints on impulses, and it's the nationalization for that. I treated sexual offenders for five years. I've you know, I've been acting politically and and and like you love love history and in each case, and you're right, they don't have to be as sick of the sense of being, you know, some kind of you know, psychiat psychiatic disorder. Kids learned that on a micro level. Kids learn that they can get away with things, and they do it, and they develop an ideology that says, uh, there the world is divided into smart people and suckers, and on the macro level, people learn that we can achieve certain things, and they have. They have different nationalizations, but the core behaviors isn't that different. Stylent isn't that different from a gang leader, as a matter of fact. But in the study of so called self esteem, the highest feeling in the kids country of the that's.
Speaker 2: Right, that's right. That is so good.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Charles, and I'll be announcing when I come to Cleveland, I will be that is exactly right. I had a number of people on my show over the course of years who noted, and I've always believed that, but I had scholars who work in this field say it, and perhaps it would give it more authority than my theorizing about it that a lot of bad people have very high self esteem. This notion you give kids high self esteem and you will therefore be well on your way to stopping anti social behavior is nonsense. A lot of criminals have extremely high self esteem. That's why they think they can do what they do to other people. I am so terrific. I think so highly of myself that I can rob a bank. You suckers out there, you play by the rules, but not me. Ha ha, I take what I want. So the battle against bad is huge because it's so it's so easy to do it. It's so easy and so tempting. I remember the difficulty I had telling young kids that you can't download music that you didn't pay for.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: Everybody does it? Everybody does it. That ends the issue. Everybody does it. The roots of bad are are so enormous, but I have really divided them into two categories ideological evil and personal evil, or personal bad and under personal. I have psychological reasons and character flaw reasons, chieving, lying, stealing for personal gain, murder for personal gain. See the movie Crimes and Misdemeanors. Despite the fact that it was made by Woody Allen, is one of the most brilliant moral films ever made, if not the most brilliant. One eighth Praguer seven seven six, and we go to Henry with the opposite view. Hello Henry, Los Angeles, Dennis Prager, high, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 6: All right, Well my opinion is it is self loathing. I mean, you take the dictators of the world, Adolf Hitler, Mussolini, Stone, they were all very short men with horrible families. I mean these guys, they were consistently picked on and they kind of flash back. And a lot of times people reason people do things is that they feel alienated and they want they need something attention or something that don't make them feel good. Like the crook that does steal, he steals it because it makes them feel like, hey, man, I robbed the bank. Hey I'm pretty badass. I'm sorry I shouldn't surround the radio. Sorry about that, Craiger, I'm sorry about that. But a lot of guys feel that they have to go out of the way to make themselves, you know, have a feeling of self worth. Also, people who talk people are hurt or torture people are something from a pain inside.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, no, I'm listening. I heard every word. Why do you say then to the argument that was just offered by Charles, which I supported that a lot. That when they ever they do assessments of gang leaders and a lot of the worst people in society, they have high self esteem.
Speaker 6: Well they seem to be have high self esteem because but they went out and did that because they had now self esteem.
Speaker 2: Well no, maybe they did it.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait, maybe they did it because they have such high self esteem, they don't think that the rules that apply to suckers like you and me apply to them.
Speaker 2: Uber mentioned.
Speaker 4: You see, you know what this is why, this is why you could make the argument this self. That's why I never attributed to the self esteem notion quite these moral significance. It's good to have self esteem and it's also to have a good dose of self doubt.
Speaker 2: Both are good.
Speaker 4: So it's some of the best people I know suffer from self esteem problems. So it's a tough call on self esteem. But yes, I think that there is something to what you say. But the idea that you know Stalin was mistreated as a youth, I don't recall that he may have been. I don't recall that. I've read a number of biographies about him, but I never took particular interest in his childhood. I don't even know if we know much about his childhood. And with Hitler, I mean he was the loss of his mother. I don't know as if if he was raised well with poor with poor self esteem, or or hurt by his parents. I don't he was hurt by the death of his mother, whom he loved. But you know the number of people who lost their parents in history at an early age is so large, and none of them ended up advocating a genocide. We continue, why do people do bad things?
Speaker 2: Have a whole host.
Speaker 4: Of different thoughts from around the country. But again I've given you my to the ideological. That's why that's the one I fight the most. We'll be back in a moment. You're listening to the Dennis Prager Show.
Speaker 1: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dennis Prager Show. This is the Ultimate Issues Hour. Every week at this time, I devote an hour to the great questions of life? Why do people do bad things? And I'm not asking why do people sin? That's a theological question and that's not my question. Now bad is sinful, but that's a separate issue. But why do people hurt other people? Why do they do bad things? Whether it is little bad things like a cheating on a test or huge bad things like murdering innocent people. But why do people do bad? And why do people do evil? And there's a gradation that from bad to evil? Obviously, I mean that's the way I'm using them. These are not scientific terms. I don't mean them to be, but they are helpful for the question that I am posing. I consider it a riddle, by the way, about why do people do good things? And incidentally, the answer to why people do good things is the same as to why people do bad things. But we'll have a separate.
Speaker 2: Hour on that.
Speaker 4: But remember I'm dividing between ideological evil and personal evil. Doing evil and for because an ideology told you to do so. Nazis were told it's a good it's a good thing to to kill Jews. And let's see those who those who enslave blacks were told it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: People need slaves.
Speaker 4: Blacks are not fully human anyway, so you can do that. That's ideological evil. That's why you could have people who after a day, you could have Nazis, after a day of guessing Jewish families go back to their family and and and talk to you know, play with their kids. And and that's why you could have had people who engage in the slave trade and watch watch the suffering on the on the Transatlantic crossing, and then and then have h then go back to their families after their after their crews. That's ideological evil. That's where the human being, his conscience is perverted. That's the most dangerous because it's it's well, it's the most dangerous because it happens on the largest level of numbers. That's where you have basically decent people taught that bad is good. We have that today with with people who murder in the name of Islam. They think they're doing good. It'll usher in a full period where the world will be ruled by Shariah. They they think they're doing good. Then there is individual evil, and sometimes they're together where the ideology reinforces your psychopathology. But there was individual where it's just weak character and a and a broken psychology, a broken psyche. One eighth Praguer seven seven six. We go to Dallas, and in Dallas, it's Megan. Hello, Meghan, Dennis Prager.
Speaker 3: Hi, Dennis, pleasure to speak with you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Is it Megan or Megan?
Speaker 3: It's Meghan? Actually, Okay.
Speaker 4: I always like to know, Okay.
Speaker 3: I My personal belief is that the ultimate downfall of man individual or a group is pride. And I think it goes back to what you're talking about before with the people that were in charge of the gangs. How they were so full of themselves, they had the best self esteem. I think it goes back to pride. Look at what he did and most prideful man I think we ever had on this planet.
Speaker 4: Well, there's competition for that title, Megan. But but so by pride meaning what filled with oneself?
Speaker 3: Yes, I think total egotism. But then I think pride can be this big swirling depth. You know, as somebody that has road rake maybe you know pride. How did that person cut me off or not signal or something. I think that's why people rape and murder and everything. It all comes back.
Speaker 4: To pride, so which is related to the notion of the high self esteem in bad people. Absolutely, Okay, very good, Megan, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, and let's go to Cypress, California. Darren, Hello, Darren, Dennis Praeger.
Speaker 7: Hi, Dennis, a pleasure to speak with you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 7: I believe that I haven't developed to the ideolog ideological level yet, but I believe that at the micro level, it is all related to your ability to sympathize with others, and I think that it's instilled at an early childhood stage.
Speaker 4: That's brilliant. That is absolutely right. I wish I had noted it. You're absolutely right. Is there empathy or enough right and.
Speaker 7: Your ability to develop that early on and how you relate to humanity.
Speaker 4: And that is why ideological evil. What it does is it breaks down your ability to empathize the other. The black can be enslaved, the Jew could be gassed, The Tutsi is not real. We'll be back in a moment. You're listening to the Dennis Praeger Show.
Speaker 1: Are you enjoying timeless wisdom? We'd love to hear from you. Call eight seven seven two four three seventy seven seventy six and a review, share your thoughts or just even an encouraging word for Dennis. Your voicemail might just make it on the show. That's eight seven seven two four three seventy seven seventy six. That's eight seven seven two four three triple seven six. Thanks for listening and for your support.
Speaker 2: I'm Dennis Prager. I welcome to you back.
Speaker 4: This is the Ultimate Issues Hour, the hour each week devoted to the great questions of life? Why do people do bad? The last caller hit on something huge, empathy. Some people have it and some people don't. That goes under remember my two headings, ideological evil and personal evil or personal bad. It's usually more, but both exist and under the personal there are psychological reasons. There are people who are just so unhealthy that it leads them into hurting other people, almost without even realizing it. And there are those with simple character flaws. One eighth Prager seven seven six What happened to my ah bummer? The guy with the with his with his uh expensive car. I had a guy calling in who said he's a good guy. I guess he thinks a good guy. He takes two spaces parking spaces acrosses parks diony because he doesn't want his car bumped. And I wish I was, you would be it would have been my next call. It's too bad and and it's there. There would have been a good example. And I appreciated so much your calling. But here's a perfect example of the ability to justify what is wrong. And that is what we call rationalize, the ability to use reason. That's why you can't use reason alone to know what is good. Reason is not enough. Good is higher than reason. Reason is is necessary but not sufficient. The answer if you have an expensive car is not to park diagonally. Is either don't get an expensive car and therefore hog up two spaces because you had the money for an expensive car, or park elsewhere. I me, it's just that's really a sense of self esteem. You see, there's a perfect example. I have a great car, an expensive car, so I unlike you, nothing's out there who are driving ford escorts. I with my expensive car can take two spaces. But you, you, the wretched of the earth, who drive regular cars, you have to take one spot. It's too bad you didn't stay on. I would have loved to have that discussion with you, folks. It is so easy to do bad. It is so easy because of the psychological reasons, because you don't even know you're doing bad, because of your rationalization of doing bad, because of ideological justification of doing bad. That it's it's very easy. That's why good is more of a riddle to me than bad. It's so easy to do bad. One eighth Praguer seven seven six is Reverend Jamie and Parma, Ohio. Hello Reverend Jamie.
Speaker 8: Dennis Prager, Hello Dennis, Hi, Hi, you know what, I just love listening to your show, and I love your ultimate issues. So many times I've wanted to call you on the Opman issues. Thank you, thank you, But I got your answer to the root and being a reverend. This has nothing to do with theology or religion in any way. It covers your ideological as well as your private or personal evils. The root is selfishness and self centeredness. Selfishness and self centeredness is in all its degrees and forms and variances. It's very subtle and it can be very profound. I mean, you throw, Dennis, throw anything at me that you think is an evil or bad or the malady of our society, and I will be able to show you why it's selfishness or self centeredness. That's bottom line.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's a good point. So which is built in right right now?
Speaker 8: How far do you want to go with this? Is it selfish and self centered to want to breathe? Because if I don't breathe, I won't live.
Speaker 2: No, No, here is the question.
Speaker 4: You're a thinker, obviously, here's the question of what is selfish or not? I'm in other words, with people starving in the world. Am I selfish for buying a house rather than living in an apartment.
Speaker 8: Hm, that's I would think at that point we were talking about more of an ideological question rather than a personal question.
Speaker 2: No, well, it's a moral question. I have the answer. I think.
Speaker 4: I think there's nothing wrong in your living in a house, and I have a lot of answers for that, and I and by the way, you're right, and that's that's a great answer.
Speaker 2: That's right. See, selfishness is built in that's why. Uh.
Speaker 4: It's one of the reasons that I believe in good religion. And I've always said that well before the problems we have with whatever percentage of Muslims we have problems with. I've said this for so long. There's bad religion and good religion. I've always said I believe in good religion, just like I believe in good psychotherapy. There's a lot of bad psychotherapy. Most psychotherapy stinks. Most therapists are not competent. Every single therapist I've interviewed has said most therapists are not competent. But good religion makes people better and bad religion makes people worse. But in any event, we need good religion because our nature isn't good. We are born selfish, We are not born empathetic kids hoard at the party, at a birthday party, they hoard those cookies. Half of the joy is not only that they'll have all the cookies because they can't eat them all. They'll have the stomach pumped if they eat them all, is that they're depriving the other kids from it. I got more than you. Look ahead me. He thank you, Reverend Jamie. That's exactly right. By the way, my answer in the question of whether it is okay to buy a house and when you can live in an apartment, whether it buy a nicer car when you could drive a cheaper car, the cheapest car, because there are people starving, you should send your money to Africa is a It's not going to help the people of Africa if you do that, and it's going to hurt our country if you don't buy a house, because then everybody who builds houses will be unemployed, impoverishing yourself. Everyone has to give charity, that's that's obvious. But impover giving away your money isn't going isn't going to help. And aside, you're not going to work. The human being there are almost no human being will work as hard when all the money or nearly all the money that he earns or she earns is then going to be given away or taken away and taxes or given away, even even voluntarily. So you see, folks, the battle the good is natural. That's what I've been trying my whole life. I've talked about this subject well before I had radios lecturing, and I would say.
Speaker 2: That's the battle. The battle is with yourself.
Speaker 4: That's the difference between in my opinion, my religious upbringing and the secular liberal upbringing. My upbringing said, the biggest battle in Dennis Prager's life is Dennis Prager. Today kids are taught that the biggest battle in their life is global warming, or racism or sexism, in other words, something outside of themselves.
Speaker 1: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's timeless wisdom.
Speaker 2: Why do people do bad?
Speaker 4: That's the subject of this the Ultimate Issues hour, this hour of the week, on the great question. If I have left you with anything, I hope it is at least two things.
Speaker 2: One, how natural bad is.
Speaker 4: The Remember we live in the age of stupidity, emanating from the secularization of society and the lack of wisdom and the belief that people are basically good. Human nature is entirely a mixed bag. There's good and there's a lot of bad. Very few people are born empathetic. Very few people are born anything but selfish. So hard to teach kids, so hard to teach them the right thing in so many instances. Why shouldn't I cheat on a test?
Speaker 2: Dad?
Speaker 4: All the other kids do? Why shouldn't I download songs I didn't pay for dad? All the other kids do. Why shouldn't I X y Z? Why shouldn't I? Why shouldn't I? Why shouldn't I? Everybody does? Selfishness is built in now. There has to be an level of selfishness. You have to take care of yourself. But you all know what I mean by that. Linda Philadelphia, Dennis Prager High, Linda, Hi, How are you Hi?
Speaker 9: I think it has a lot to do with narcissism, both on a personal level and on a global level. If you're an extremely narcissistic person, you don't even have to stop and consider anyone else. If your religion is narcissistic, it only it doesn't need to examine itself.
Speaker 4: Yes, you are. You are one hundred percent right. I've dealt with narcissism a lot. I don't mean in my personal life, I mean on the show. And you are so right. I think we have though, And thank you well, Linda. Jessica, you called back. You're the one with the car. Yeah, oh good, okay, go ahead quickly.
Speaker 10: In Chicago, Yes, I we park into parking spots, typically far away where it's not just courteous to other people, but to protect our car because you know, other people that open their door too hard and ding your car, they don't care and they don't leave a number to fix it, and then you're stuck with the bill to fix your car, and that's not fair.
Speaker 2: Well, but it's not it's also not fair to take two spots.
Speaker 10: Well, that may be true, and we typically try to take two spots that is far enough away, will walk the extra distance where it's not going to bother anybody else where nobody else is parking in the back of the lot or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if in fact there really isn't any other But remember that, you always hear, Jessica, because there's.
Speaker 2: So little time.
Speaker 4: Here's a very important thing to ask before you do anything. The rule of thumb about deciding whether something is right. What if everybody did what I do? People with cheaper cars also don't want their cars deemed they have to pay to get it repaired. To why shouldn't everybody take two spots? This has been the Ultimate Issues hour on the Dennis Prager Show. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager.
Speaker 2: If you had to.
Speaker 4: Offer your opinion on what is the biggest no no in a marriage?
Speaker 7: I think I have the answer to that question.
Speaker 8: The answer is the failure to communicate. And by this I mean the unwillingness to listen and or to voice your opinion.
Speaker 11: The thing that I have found that will destroy any relationship is lying. If you cannot trust that other person and have the audacity to lie to you, then how can you trust them in the future.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sure you have something in mind. Give it, Give me the example that's in your mind.
Speaker 1: Join us tomorrow to hear more on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Visit Dennisprager dot com for thousands of hours off Dennis's lecturous courses in classic radio programs and to purchase Dennis Prager's Rational Bibles. We want to take just a second to thank the team at life Audio for their partnership with us on the podcast. Go to lifeaudio dot com to find dozens of other faith centered podcasts and their network, including shows about prayer, Bible study, parenting, and more.