Speaker 1: Life audio in today's episode of Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 2: I'm calling in Dennis, because just yesterday I found out my wife was having an affair for three weeks, so I know that was that was that long. I found out she met him through some connectivity that she had a work and.
Speaker 3: Wait, she met him through through what at work they had.
Speaker 2: They had like a small employed party and stuff, and she met him and they went into a bowling place and she met somebody around there, and you know, she actually ended up kissing the person and she I found out that she went out a couple other times.
Speaker 3: And you were told this by colleagues of hers. Is that it?
Speaker 2: No, she told me herself.
Speaker 1: That's coming up on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Welcome to Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Thousands of hours of Dennist's lectures courses in classic radio programs had to purchase Dennispragger's Rational Bibles. Go to Dennispragger dot com.
Speaker 3: I'm old fashioned. I like two sexes. I don't know, I think all of a sudden, I don't like being married to what is known as a new woman. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor competitor.
Speaker 1: Talk about a bit this crying in the morning things, depression. You know, let's get that fixed.
Speaker 4: That's what men think, isn't it. Well, unless you've got the answer, unless you can say, oh, I know this bloke in the essex ridicule, fix that and there's no point bothering.
Speaker 5: How do you write women so well?
Speaker 6: I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability. I love him, I love him and I don't care what you think.
Speaker 4: I love him for the for the man he wants to be, and I love him for the man that he almost is.
Speaker 2: What do people have rows about him?
Speaker 3: Money?
Speaker 4: It's sex sex, money he wants, she doesn't want, she wants, he doesn't want women.
Speaker 2: I've always been a big problem to me. Doctor Fuss bends Yes, Yes, yes, go on, gone.
Speaker 3: Hi everybody, It's the Male Female Hour, and I hope you missed it. During the vacation in Africa, thought about a lot of new topics and this is the hour devoted one hour each week to male female men women issues. They are huge. When I was a kid, that was called the Battle of the sexes, and I remember as a kid thinking, what does that mean? Battle of the sexes. Aren't men and women supposed to love each other and get a lot? Well, it's good as a child, it's good to be naive. As an adult, it's it's almost criminal, that's the way I look at it. An innocence in a child is beautiful. Innocence in an adult is not beautiful. But that's a separate subject for another time, maybe an ultimate issues hour. So hi, my friends, this is Dennis Praeger and I have a very very sensitive issue. It doesn't get more sensitive than this. They may be equally, but I don't think there are more sensitive. So here goes. And this is as we as many of the male female errors. It's adult oriented, but it's it's certainly okay for you know anyway, I think any kid thirteen or over to here, and you make your judgment below that. All right, here goes, my friends. The topic is when one spouse has an affair. Those of you who have listened to me over the years have heard in different context when we've discussed micro subjects, and this is one program that discuss discusses both the micro and the macro, the personal and the social, global, philosophical, political, etc. I have said on many occasions that I think it's a very big mistake for a marriage to automatically end because one of the spouses had an affair. I have always felt that, and I felt that before I ever married, and I feel that today. So this is a lifetime of consistency. I may be consistently wrong, but this is something I've never wavered on. I have never even well, I don't know say, understood, but I've never accepted the argument that an affair should automatically that's the key word here, automatically. There were times when an affair reveals such fractures in a marriage that of course it's going to dissolve, or as someone one of the spouses just repeatedly does it, then who will you married to? You're married to somebody who keeps making love to other people. I mean, so, of course there are times when it will logically, tragically but logically, lead to the dissolution of a marriage. But I'm talking about a person. Let's say you have I don't know, a ten year, twenty year, let alone longer marriage, and especially with children, I think it's very unwise to automatically end the marriage because the spouse and I hold it's true for both spouses. For both there may well be different reasons, and I think there are generally speaking, different reasons, and sometimes there are the same reasons for why a man or a woman would be unfaithful. But that's not my subject. My subject is that whichever, if it's the wife or the husband, that it should not automatically in a man who says, you know, my wife does that, Hey I'm out of here. Man, I am out of here, or a woman says my husband does that, I'm out of here automatically. I don't care. I don't care how many good years we had. I don't care how much we have made. It worked so hard to make a family. That is so wrong, It is so hurtful, it is so trust destroying that I can't go on. That's the end of the issue. I don't agree with that hurtful, trust destroying all these things. I understand that that's not the point. So here is what I would like from you, and I think that listeners would find fascinating in the best sense of the word fascinating, because it could also be helpful. Here are my questions to you. Number one, has this happened in your marriage and you went on to survive if you have, in other words, you went on not personally to survive. I assume people can do that. I mean, your marriage survives if that has happened, either the wife or the husband has had an affair and you have somehow been able to go on in the marriage and for the marriage to actually not only go on ultimately successfully, but even perhaps better. As I have heard it on occasion, I'd like you to call me. I'd like people to hear if hearing from you who have undergone this is more effective than hearing from me, theoretically talk about it. One eighth Praguer seven seven six eight seven seven two four to three triple seven six eight seven seven two four to three seven seven seven six one eight Praguer seven seven six. Uh So again, that's one type of call that I want. By the way, if you if you want to take issue with me, you are more than more than welcome as well. If you think I'm sorry, Dennis, it automatically ends a marriage, please call me too. But I'm there are there are specific ones I would like, but I'm very I don't know about the word happy, but I'm certainly welcome of all calls on this There's another type of call that I would be very interested in, and that is if you did in fact break up because of the affair, and now looking back, think, well, maybe that was an error. Maybe I acted too hastily, I was too angry, and I wish I had given it a chance, because the truth is he is a good guy who made a mistake or who was weak, or maybe I even had some hand in it, or vice versa. She was a wonderful woman and I let her go when in fact that was a big mistake. I was just too angry, or his ego ego involvement in ego determining. I mean, that's also a possibility, looking back, if you did break up because and your marriage because of that. I every one of my male female hours, which is each week at this time, is has one ultimate purpose. There were many purposes, but it has one ultimate purpose, and that is to help your marriages, to help you understand the the other sex if you're not married. That those those are the purposes of the of this period. You may take issue with my with my outlook and I and I and I love when I get those calls. Alrighty, let's go to uh, let's go to some of your calls immediately and will begin in Santa Clarita, California and Steven. Hello, Stephen, thank you for calling. This is Dennis Prager. Hello Dennis, how I'm well, thank you?
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm calling in Dennis because just yesterday I found out my wife was having an affair for three weeks, so I know that was was that long. I found out. Uh, she met him through some connectivity that she had a work.
Speaker 3: And the way she met him through through.
Speaker 2: At work, well, they had they had like a small employed party and stuff, and she met him and they went into a bowling place and she met somebody around there and you know, she actually ended up kissing the person and she I found out that she went out a couple other times.
Speaker 3: You were told this by colleagues of hers. Is that it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: She told me herself. Oh interesting, because I started getting feelings and.
Speaker 3: You know, I started, how long were you married?
Speaker 2: I've been married. I'm going to be six years in June, and you are you are how old?
Speaker 3: And she is your age?
Speaker 2: Just three years older?
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, Oh that's interesting. You know I have this is this is you know, not an explanation, but I have a theory about women that at twenty nine, at least American women. I can't speak for all women on earth, but at our time and for few decades, at least twenty nine is like a magic age for a woman to undergo tremendous changes and questioning about her life. So it's interesting that you mentioned how old she was. I'm going to talk to you when we come back, so she told him after three weeks. Here is a good example of something where we'll try to work this through. As you know, we don't have all the time in the world on radio, but I would love to speak to her as well obviously. Anyway, one eighth Praguer seven seven six is the number. You can, of course get all of my broadcasts downloaded at prager Topia at either of my websites. We come back.
Speaker 1: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, Dennis Prager here. This is the Male Female Hour every week at this time. And Betty tells me at the at Dennispraguer dot Com that they have just compiled in time for Valentine's Day forty eight of the show's commercial free, highest fidelity on sixteen CDs. It's an awesome gift and it's eight hundred two two five eighty five eighty four eight hundred two two five eight five eight four or Dennis Praguer dot com eight hundred two two five eight five eight four. And I'm talking to you about the affair the husband or the wife has one. I strongly advocated that that in and of itself should never automatically end a marriage. And uh were I'm asking for your experiences in this regard. Steven is twenty seven, his wife is thirty. She just told him that she has had a three week affair. Stephen, I, does she want to stay in the in the in the marriage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she she feels very repentful. We actually have some friends who are our ex pastors who moved. They're helping us through this, and she feels repentful. She says that she already called them and cut the whole thing off. And you know we talked about yesterday.
Speaker 3: It's just yeah, it's hard, it's very hard. It's it's terrible, of course, that's that's that's why I have to do a show on why it shouldn't automatically a marriages because it is so awful in the in in how the other person feels. Do you do you are you willing to to work on the marriage with her? Or or do you do you feel it's over?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I really think I'm willing to work Dennis, you know, but you know, like to I woke up to day this morning after you know, we talked and everything, and you know, and part of me I feel angry, like you know, I want to get revenge and her like hurt her back. But you know, I mean, I guess that's where you know, my faith comes in.
Speaker 3: And by the way, that's a very normal reaction. And a lot of times what somebody does is have an affair and say, you know, two can do this, not just one. That's a very common reaction. It's a very understandable one. It's not advisable, but it's very understandable. But I'm just happy to know that you don't automatically feel it has ended the marriage. Did she give you a reason or what? Was it just you know, I got a little wild or frankly, I'm not that crazily in love at home? Did she give her reason?
Speaker 2: Her reason was that she just started entertaining thoughts and she used to before I met her. She used to be going out and stuff. And she said in the way she started missing that and thought were coming back to her head.
Speaker 3: The excitement. Yeah, yeah, exactly, we have to talk about excitement may be a happiness hour or not. Well, listen, Steven, God bless you and God bless your wife, and please continue your journey to heal. And she has to work on this a lot, and repentance is exactly what's called for. All right, thank you. We go to Pensacola, Florida, and Scott Scott, thank you for calling. This is Dennis Prager.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, how are you doing? This is an important topic for me because I've been living this over the last two years, and when you call it, I like jumped on immediately because I thought it was important to give people in this situation the perspective that I.
Speaker 3: Have at least go ahead.
Speaker 7: My situation is my wife and I had been married for about twelve years. We got married very young. I was building my career, very busy. We had three children. With the Internet being what it is these days, it's easy to find somebody that will fulfill needs that may be not being necessarily met at home, and then it turns into something deeper, more physical, And that's kind of what happened in my situation with my wife. Long story short, she sort of ended the relationship but continued in it. We stayed married. My perspective was, I.
Speaker 3: She sort of ended the extramarital relationship.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then finally she ended it, you know, after we went to counseling. I wanted to hold on for my boys, and I believe that she was a good person making bad decisions, you know, knowing her background, her issues from her childhood and those things. I viewed the function of this this affair as a function of mental illness. She made decisions based upon certain issues or you know, problems that she had that this relationship helped her fulfill. And we went to counseling. We worked it out for the most part. I mean, it's been two years since any there's been any contact. It's done with, but it's still there's still that always that you know, every once in a while, there's a little something or there's a there's a you go back and it takes so much time to get over this.
Speaker 3: But do you I'm curious well you do. You have been a man, and I salute you tremendously, as your kids will one day, if indeed they ever know about this. Does she act in a remorseful way? Has she shown remorse?
Speaker 7: And the farther the time gets away from it, the more remorseful she is. Okay, At first, it was kind of a defensive, Well, all, it's your fault because if you would have done this, and you would have done that. But as she as our time we've gotten away from the affair, that you know, it's more of she starts to realize that how hurtful it was and how destructive it was. But sometimes that natural defense kicks in it first, and so there's a different response than the person who's been cheated on really once.
Speaker 3: So right now, why would you have rated if you called my show prior to the affair to her affair and I asked you rate your marriage on a scale of one to ten, why would you have rated it prior year prior to the affair?
Speaker 7: You know, at a year prior to the affair, I thought things were so good I probably would have rated it in an eight. I mean, I really believe I get Okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, in retrospect, what would you rate the marriage a year before the affair?
Speaker 7: I would say in retrospect it was probably a four, and that will be her perspective. What no women have a different perspective?
Speaker 3: Okay, given both perspectives, what do you so to speak? If it's not objective obviously, but but as objective as you can be. What would you rate the marriage? Knowing her, her reaction and your reaction.
Speaker 7: To it, I would say a four would be a fair right, so fuck okay?
Speaker 3: Now what would you rate your marriage?
Speaker 7: After counseling and a lot of soul searching and so much pain I can't explain it. I would probably rate it about a six.
Speaker 3: Now, so so, in effect your marriage is better today.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, there's more open communication. We can talk about our feelings if she needs something. I'm more open to trying to listen as opposed to stop being a needy person trying to do this job.
Speaker 3: Can you all right? I'll be very direct as well. Can you make love? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Okay, good, you'll be fine, my friend. I think it's a very powerful call. This is another thing, Alan, I'd like this for another subject. The more ironically the subject. The subject is affairs, but ironically there was something that came out here that is as important as that subject, if not more. Those who are in a marriage think it's an eight, but it's really a four. How does that happen? This is a very very important subject for another male female hour. I mean it sounds funny, but in effect, do you overrate how good your marriage is? By the way, just as fair do you underrate how good your marriage is? Your marriage may be a lot better than you think think it is. So it goes. It goes in both directions, and I would do both, by the way, if when we do the subject, I would do both one eight Praguer seven seven six. The phone number for the sixteen CDs is eight hundred two two five eighty five eighty four.
Speaker 1: We continue this episode of Timeless Wisdom. Will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's Timeless Wisdoms.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dennis Prager Show. I hope that these calls and folks, I can't. I don't determine who calls in obviously. I mean I determine which calls I take, but I don't do it with an agenda I just hope that those of you, and this is the Male Female Hour for those just tuning in every week at this time we discuss in the most adult way. Frankly, that's a good way to use it. Male female relations men, women and the affair within marriage is the subject today. My belief that it should never automatically and a marriage, and I don't downplay the devastation that it it entails. Leave me. Let's go to Louise in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, Louise High. Where's Mount Laurel, ah.
Speaker 6: Father in New Jersey, right across from Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, thank you for calling.
Speaker 6: My pleasure. Shall I begin?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 6: Okay, My husband had a a fair i'd say twenty five years ago. We've been together thirty.
Speaker 3: Years, so hold on. So are you about the same age.
Speaker 6: As my husband. Yeah, he's a little older.
Speaker 3: So he was about thirty and you were in your late twenties? Is that okay? Go ahead?
Speaker 6: Young children?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: And it was a work affair, and he was very much in love with this young girl, and you know, finally, you know, of course there were there were signs of it happening, and I confronted him and ah, I have to say, the most aggressive attack that I could have put on him was I told him that I could forgive him and that I loved him. And it it practically, I mean, he just broke down and.
Speaker 3: So like that was your that was your initial reaction.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was supernatural, believe me.
Speaker 3: But wow, that's that's quite that's quite something. It would have to melt the coolest heart.
Speaker 6: Like I said, it was the most aggressive attack that I could have put on by telling him that I loved him and could forgive him. And I wanted to say that. Indeed, it was very painful. I told a fellow before that I had just lost a brother three years prior, and it was actually the affair was actually more painful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, than I believe that. I do believe that. And also that was your marriage today.
Speaker 6: It's good. Yeah, it's not perfect, but we're committed. And as a result of that affair, I had another baby, a little boy, and he'll be twenty five and he's just been such a blessing to us.
Speaker 3: And now, what a very interesting thing. You would not have had another child were it not for the affair.
Speaker 6: Probably not. Wow, it was a result of it, a new beginning and like I said, I had I had three children and he was my fourth.
Speaker 3: And and he's turned out to be a great blessing.
Speaker 6: Oh oh my, yes indeed, but what a touching story.
Speaker 3: God bless you too. Well, that's another thing. We we had this author on. Thank you, Louise, you've really You've truly touched my heart. I had an author on. He's in northern California. I've had him on twice now. He's a therapist and he does marital therapy. What was the name of his book, A Good Enough Marriage. I think that that was very close to the name. He made a very compelling argument for uh us not to way marriage with with two much too much in the way of perfection, demands that you know, a marriage could be quite good enough without being great, whatever great would mean. And there are great marriages, I admit it, all right. The uh that was very touching. Her her reaction to him last thing he must have expected, huh, we've had a two year affair. Well, I just need to know. I love you, I just need you to how'd you do it? It was supernatural, but a touching and I know what she meant in both objectively and religiously we continue on the Male Female Hour. I'm Dennis Prager, Dennis Jenner, Dennis, Dennis Prager.
Speaker 1: Do you have a question you've always wanted to ask Dennis Praguer. Well, now's your opportunity for upcoming Ask Me Anything episodes of time Us Wisdom with Dennis Praguer. We're inviting you to leave Dennis a voicemail. He'll personally answer selected questions, and your question could be featured on a future episode. Whether it's about faith, morality, politics, history, relationships, happiness, or simply navigating life, Dennis would love to hear from you. Just call eight seven seven two four three seven seven seven six and leave your question. Oh and be sure to include your first name and where you're calling from. That's eight seven seven two four three seventy seven seventy six. While we can't feature every question, Dennis will listen to every voicemail. So call today you may hear Dennis Prager answering your question on an upcoming episode of Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. And thanks for listening and supporting Dennis Prager.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, you're listening to the Dennis Prager Show. The Therapist that I was citing was Joshua Coleman and his book was Imperfect Harmony. Why did I knew what it was about? Of course because I remember talking to him and enjoying him, Joshua Coleman, the therapist on these matters. What did I say? It was a good enough marriage?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 3: Am right? Which is not not the title. Of course, it's the subject, but it's not the title anyways, Imperfect Harmony. Dennis Prager Here, this is the Male Female Hour, and I'm talking to you about the terribly painful subject of where a husband or wife has an affair and the ability to survive it or inability. I am a big advocate of surviving it if at all possible, that it should not automatically end the marriage. I mean, obviously where you have a serial polygamist. That's a separate story. Or and by the way, there is something I didn't mention, and I will mention, you know, my deepest belief in the in the levels of that there are levels of sin. I have spoken about this both theologically and just morally. The notion of sin is a sin is a sin makes no sense to me. I fully admit it, you know. Taking some toothpicks extra toothpicks with you from the restaurant, which you don't need. Just is theoretically wrong or wrong, But it's not quite the same as murder. I mean, just the notion of sin is a sin. There are levels of sinfulness, even if you're an atheist. I'm not just I'm not talking religiously here. I'm using sin in a secular sense as well as a religious sense. In an infidelity, for example, I'll tell you what is unforgivable or very close. Okay, I don't want to say unforgivable because as somebody can repent. But what is far worse even than an affair, is the humiliation of a spouse. See this is I want. I want to devote another male female hour to this notion. See. People think that an affair should lead to automatic Some people do to the automatic end of a marriage. I don't, uh. And but it's funny because people would not say that about anything else. They would say it obviously wife beating, all right, I agree with that, uh. But aside from wife beating or husband beating, if you will, and an infidelity, nobody says, oh, that's automatic. But I'll tell you. I'll tell you something. I think that is worse than an affair. Public humiliation of your spouse. Okay, you may be sexually faithful to your wife or your husband, but if you humiliate them in front of other people on a regular basis, I, frankly, I think that's worse. Now, now you know, I'm sure many differ, and that's you're certainly you're right, but you know that that to me is worse. And the combination is the worst. Where you publicly flaunt your mistress for example, I mean that's that's when you have reached a level of very close to this auto automatically ended. Okay, let's go to Denver, Colorado and Alan. Hello, Alan, Dennis Prager.
Speaker 5: Oh, Dennis, a longtime listener, first time caller. We've met several occasions and normally I agree with you ninety nine percent of the time, but on this one, I gotta I gotta take a little issue.
Speaker 3: Well, this is the one percent, right, Okay.
Speaker 5: When an affair occurage, it shows a violation of a commitment that as a call before said how he was blamed for his wife's affair. To me, it shows a narcissistic personality. Life is difficult as the years go by and other stresses. Situations come up a person who's demonstrated that they can structure their own rationale to justify their behavior. If the situation is right down the road, they will do it again. It's sort of like a soldier. You can count on the person on your flank to guard your flank. Once they don't do that, and they leave you open to fire if the going gets rough. They've shown the potential that they can do that again. You can recover from that if you want to drop your expectations. I mean, I come from a background similar to yours that marriage should be something special in life long once the partner shows that they're able to go for themselves, so to speak, and to heck with their family, to heck with their spouse, and an affair involves humiliation. Given the right circumstances, you look at them and the reality is all right.
Speaker 3: When push comes to shof you think it should automatically end the marriage.
Speaker 5: Barring extraordinary explanation or circumstances. The trust is gone, and that's when marriage is all about it.
Speaker 3: Are you a religious man, Yes?
Speaker 5: I am from your background from the metropolitan Jewish high school league. Oh no, kidding, Yes, from Ramas.
Speaker 3: Oh blows my mind.
Speaker 5: And you know conservadox, I think, all right, all.
Speaker 3: Right, so well, well, well then it's interesting because Judaism certainly doesn't say that that automatically leads to divorce.
Speaker 5: Not automatically. But the was of the sotah as. I'm sure you're familiar, you know. No, No, that's aces the male.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a separate issue, but there is, there is. I don't know of a rabbi with his head screwed on right, orthodox conservative or reform who would say, oh, you guys are married fifteen years, thirty years, and she or he had an affair. Okay, let's arrange the get let's arrange the divorce.
Speaker 5: Not absolutely. My situation was married in a fear early in the marriage, written off to youth, whatever you want to call it, and twenty nine years later she drank the kool aid again and the marriage was over in fifteen minus.
Speaker 3: Okay. So now I was curious where you were speaking from, which I totally understand. It's great to hear from you, Alan, that's not great to hear what you said. It's great to hear from you, I see, Okay. I would say that for every Alan's experience that twenty nine years later the wife did it again or the husband did it again. There are equal number of experiences where someone didn't do it again. And so that's look, everything is a risk. It's a risk if someone didn't do it, and there are many ways. You see. There's another thing, which is why this is such a big subject. There are many ways to be unfaithful or to wreck a marriage. Obviously, and again, I you know, if somebody offered a typical person, would you like your husband or wife to have a you know, a brief affair and otherwise you know, and stop it and otherwise treat you beautifully or somebody continue after the one time affair. We'll be back in a moment. This is the Male Female hour on the Dennis Prager Show.
Speaker 1: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, Dennis Prager here. By the way, I must remember to bring into the show an email from a man had a terribly frustrating, sexually frustrating marriage gave his wife without comment. Just would you read Dennis Prager's to two pieces two columns on when a when a woman not in the mood, not in the mood, and he said it turned their lives around. I'll read it, obviously it'll be anonymous, but i'll read it to you next male Female Hour. That's why I do these things, And boy do I stick my neck out on those things. I mean the attacks on me on the internet. I mean, including you may have heard. I had people on the show whose blogs and big left wing blogs would say that I advocated marital rape because I thought that a woman shouldn't rely just on mode on mood to make love to her husband if he's a good man, which I kept stressing as only applies to if you're married to a good man. Anyway, the last these calls, I hope are also are also helpful to you. Let me don't hang up anybody. Let me summarize as many as I can. Diana in Tampa. When I was twenty, she's now forty four. My husband had an affair. It took six years until my husband and realized what he had done, but we made it through now twenty five years. God bless you both, and certainly you Diana. Anita in Fort Wachuca, Arizona. My husband military was injured and had to stay home more often. We cherished each other less afterwards, and he had an affair. We divorced and then remarried. Everybody has a story. Everybody has a story. God, what I like to hear that one. Anita Roger sixty two, West Hills, California, married forty two years. At ten years into marriage, we both admitted affairs. I told her to bring him over to say I'm done, but she told him she was done with him and they're still married now forty two years. To those of you who automatically, this is what I didn't get a chance. I mean, the lines filled so quickly, I want, we're going to do this once. If you did break up automatically, are you happy you did? Okay? That's and you can write me as well. Of course. I love reading your emails. Steven Phoenix. Marriages can thrive even after infidelity. I went through multiple affairs, but through religious counseling were thriving. Stephen Lakeland, Florida. We made it through adultery. I lost my wife to someone who was smiling at work all the time. I had to look at myself and improve myself first. God, bless you because you know, unless you're married to a real jerk, there often is a reason, partial reason that you're responsible too for somebody doing that.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prigger.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, I'll go to the Dennis Prager Show. The music might be actually familiar to a fair number of you in the southern California area because one of the most successful talk show hosts in America now a podcaster, and one of the most successful podcasters in America, was Larry l And I know it's very touching for me to have Larry on my show because I brought him to radio and he became a national sensation, and not only in broadcasting and podcasting, but also in writing. If you read his column each week, you will get an education. And I say this obviously people know, with total sincerity. And he and I used to work on a same station many many years ago in Los Angeles. Maybe many of you know Larry Elder. Larry Elder, what if they call that called full disclosure, full disclosure. I am a friend, good friend of Larry Elder, and we have been for many years. We were radio colleagues on the same station in LA for many years. Then I moved over to the Salem Radio Network and things have been wonderful and a blessing since Larry's show was one of the most popular in Southern California, a very difficult place to have a popular show because people live in their cars in southern California and it's the it's really the center of talk radio and just a household name Larry and I. When we go back to what.
Speaker 4: Year, I would say we probably go back, Dennis, to around nineteen ninety, around nineteen ninety ninete when I first met you, when you were in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: I picked you up from the airport. You might read now, but we met before that, right, But even before that on approach, that's right, that's right, I was shitty.
Speaker 4: And who's being interrupted?
Speaker 3: Now? I'm just asking. I'm just asking, you know, I know, well it's just a question. Yeah, but you're offended. I wasn't. That's different. I am not easily offended.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a thin skinned black guy who's easily offended.
Speaker 3: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 4: You mean, I'm being racially profiled on the Dennis Brager Show. I am shocked and I am appalled.
Speaker 3: You see, that's the thing. The man plays the race card like that. It doesn't even you could be.
Speaker 4: Don't leave home, Dennis, Don't leave home without it. Honestly, I never leave home without it. I get my license, I get my race card, social Security card, and I'm out the door.
Speaker 1: Join a store to hear me more on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prigger. Visit Dennispragger dot com for thousands of hours of Dennis's lectures, courses in classic radio programs, and to purchase Dennis Prager's Rational Bibles. We want to take just a second to thank the team at Life Audio for their partnership with us on the podcast. Go to lifeaudio dot com to find dozens of other faith centered podcasts and their network, including shows about prayer, Bible study, parenting, and more.