Speaker 1: My name is Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 2: I run the largest pro American student organization in the country, fighting for the future of our republic. My call is to fight evil and to proclaim truth. If the most important thing for you is just feeling good, you're gonna end up miserable. But if the most important thing is doing good, you'll end up purposeful. College is a scam, everybody. You got to stop sending your kids to college. You should get married as young as possible and have as many kids as possible. Go start at turning point. You would say college chapter. Go start aturning point, yould say high school chapter. Go find out how your church can get involved. Sign up and become an activist. I gave my life to the Lord in fifth grade, most important decision I ever made in my life, and I encourage you.
Speaker 1: To do the same.
Speaker 2: Here I am Lord, Use me. Buckle up, everybody, Here we go. The Charlie Kirk Show is proudly sponsored by Preserved Gold, leading gold and silver experts and the only precious metals company. I recommend to my family, friends and viewers.
Speaker 1: So, Megan, you know what we're going to talk about here. It's, of course the affordability crisis. Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean, like you know, thank you for joining us and making the time you are in demand. You went from one thing to the next and next you had a delay getting here. So I just want to give Megan Kelly serious kudos that she still showed up for all of you and for this podcast. God bless you for that.
Speaker 3: I would not, of course love you guys, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Love you, Megan. So I do want to give you a chance to just kind of people didn't understand the role you were playing behind the scenes, and I understood it, and I wasn't I wasn't at liberty to explain what you were doing behind the scenes. But I actually think I want to say thank you because there was very few people that could have filled that role that you were attempting to play, and you were holding your fire even though your audience was like demanding you weigh in on certain things and you didn't. You were disciplined and professional. So I know exactly what you did and why you did it, and I want to vouch for you as a third party that understood why you were, you know, remaining out of the fray, and you took a lot of heat from that, what was that? Like, you know, so thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Well, it's annoying to me to be attacked by people who don't know what they're talking about. Right, So it's one thing if you have your doubt's like why isn't she saying this about that or this about the other thing? And then maybe you reach out to me and say, is there another reason? Like is there something I don't know? But to see people who I consider like long term friends go out and publicly call me a coward when you and I both know how much we've talked behind the scenes about how to handle this problem. What are the options? What do we all think is the best option? You too, Blake. We could do this, we could do this, we could do that, Let's try this. Maybe we'll do a baby step this way. You know, we've all been talking for months and then it graduated to you know, it was ramping up. And then Erica called me and uh, it was her. It was her idea to meet with Candace, and she said I want to do it. And I originally said, are you sure you want to do that? Like, you know, Candace said, one word from you will silence this, and maybe you just have to give her a word. Maybe if you just send her a note or a.
Speaker 1: Letter, try try peace.
Speaker 3: Like maybe maybe Candace wants an off ramp potentially, I don't know. I don't know kandas that well, I know her a little. I've gotten to know her a little better over the past few months. So but Erica really didn't want to do that. She thought it was important that it be like an in person meeting and that she allow herself to be subjected to whatever questions Candace had. And she said, will you please be a part of that with me, like will you go with me? And of course I said, yes, I'll go. And at that I felt it was I was very lucky that I hadn't been leading attacks against Candace, because I mean, obviously I disagreed with her on all the things she said about you guys have turning. But when I said that on my show many times, I mean, it made very clear to everybody I don't agree with these theories and this is what I think happened, and all the evidence suggests it is this man and whatever. But I was very happy that I hadn't gone scorched earth on Candace Owens because I was in a position where I would have been acceptable to her, And sure enough she and I had a text exchange shortly after mine with Erica where she was like, I'm glad it's you. Yes, I'll do it, and I just just excuse me, just saw Erica backstage and she said, you can say whatever. You can tell everybody what's happened. But the original plan was that we were going to have a live stream on the day. You guys were going to do the live stream in Arizona was the first plan. Erica, Candace and yours truly as more of a facilitator, those two were going to do it, and I was going to there just to keep everybody within the lines. And then Candace said she was facing a security threat out here in Arizona and that she couldn't she wasn't going to come.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 3: Erica said, I'll come to you, which I was surprised Erica said that, you know, because if Erica didn't really want to do this, she easily could have been like okay, I offered, but she was like, no, well I'll come to Nashville try it again. So I was like, wow, Like Eric's strong, She's like she's going through a lot right now, and she's got her kids and she had just come off of like Charlie's book tour, was in the middle of it, so it was like a lot and I will say, to her credit, Candace actually wound up saying okay to that though they the live stream idea died, and they wound up deciding that they would just meet the two of them since they weren't going to put this out on the airwaves. Republic consumption consumption, which was fine with me, and I thought that was a good idea. And look, I mean, it's up to them to talk about, you know, what did and did not happen there. But my the initial impression, I think it's fair to say from both women was that it went it went well, and that it ended in a much better place than where it started. Now will that hold what's more fragile, the Gaza peace fire or this situation. I know Eric is not going to do anything. The question is where's Candice is going to take And I've seen what she's doing this week. I really don't know. My only goal all along has been to try not to take sides. Not the turning point thing, but in the Israel battle. That's happening in the conservative movement such that I can make room for people who are upset with Israel and not fans of Israel's behavior, and still, you know, have room for the people who are ardently pro Israel, as I have been, as Charlie was for all those years. And then that morph like it started off like an insistence that I condemned the people who were anti Israel into an insistence that I condemn every single iteration of what they were saying forevermore. And then it felt to blmy for me, and I was like, I'm out.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of what Russell Brand said from stage, where he was just like, I'm so against it, like authority, I have to rage against it, and it was there is a thing you have. Tucker's kind of like that too. When you tell Tucker he can't talk about something, He's going to talk about it, like do if you want him to talk about it, just do the reverse psychology with Tucker. You cannot talk about UFOs and then the guy's going to just go all in on UFOs for like a year ago, and that was Charlie too.
Speaker 4: Where people would say, don't have Tucker at the event and I remember him saying I might have to invite him twice.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, he just got two speeches. Yeah, we're going to do two speeches.
Speaker 4: And it was just that was what he said. He hated moral blackmail. Yes, if you want to make the argument that he's wrong, he'd listen to that. With that argument of you should feel strong armed into not associating with him, he just despised that we Well.
Speaker 3: It's like it's not enough that you're not a critic, Like you're not okay, So somebody like a Ben Shapiro doesn't like the critics of Israel or whatever his latest point is. Now he's trying to say it's all about Erica, but it's about Israel. So he doesn't like the people who are critics of Israel. But then he also wants to can them and excommunicate people who aren't critics of the critics. They also need to go. So who will be standing when Ben is done with us? Truly? Like who It'll be Ben and Barry Weiss, It'll be great.
Speaker 1: We're honored to be partnering with Alan Jackson Ministries, and today I want to point you to their podcast. It's called Culture in Christianity. The Alan Jackson podcast. What makes it unique is Pastor Allan's biblical perspective. He takes the truth from the Bible and applies it to issues we're facing today, gender confusion, abortion, immigration, Doge Trump, and the White House issues in the church. He doesn't just discuss the problems in every episode, he gives practical things we can do to make a difference. His guests have incredible expertise and powerful testimonies. They've been great friends and now you can hear from Charlie in his own words.
Speaker 2: Each episode will make you recognize the power of your faith and how God can use your life to impact our world today. The Culture in Christianity podcast is informative and encouraging. You could find it on YouTube, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcast. Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss any episodes. Alan Jackson Ministries is working hard to bring biblical truth back into our culture. You can find out more about Pastor Allen and the ministry at Alan Jackson dot com.
Speaker 1: Forward slash Charlie, I did notice a tweet that you put out about an hour and a half ago. Whenever people watch this, so I don't know when that will be But were you talking about something that I said this backstage. I was like, that is exactly what Charlie would have said. And you said something about, you know, friends should pick up the phone and call you if they have a problem instead of sneak attack. And I didn't know exactly who you were directing that at, but it was Ben or Barry or both way to read.
Speaker 4: It both okay, yeah, we got only cowards take to the national stage or x to attack their friends without so much as a phone call to discuss it. And also didn't tag me because she is afraid laughing emoji, laughing emoji, laughing emoji.
Speaker 3: I was retweeting a tweet by Barry Weiss which reads, oh I can get that too, Yeah, it's attached.
Speaker 4: It was Barry said, only cowards tolerate conspiracy theorists. Ben Shapiro delivered a barn burner tonight at TPUSA. Read the whole thing in the Free Press, and I think it's just a link to his address.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let me just tell you something. Barry Weiss over the past five years has been like a good friend of mine. I have advised her in her many legal battles she's had I have advised her on her failed nonprofit that she tried. I have constantly been there to help her through any sort of tumultuous thing that came her way. We've had drinks together. Like I know Barry Weiss, Ben Shapiro has been coming on my show since twenty eleven. Nobody knew who he was. I literally helped make Ben Shapiro's name for him. So I have a lot of very positive experiences in the well with both of these folks, and they know that I've been very pro Israel. So what in the actual.
Speaker 1: Eleven year olds? Eleven year olds got job? I know Charlie doesn't Charlie always say that, he would say he's I always remember there's eleven year olds listening, and I love that. It's such a guiding life from me.
Speaker 3: But yes, so yeah, So I very much felt like this is so out of line, This is so uncalled for. Who wouldn't call me? These guys are they actually know me? I'm in both of their cell phones, they have my number. Who wouldn't just call me up and say, is there something else going on here that I need to know? Right? Like? What's going on? Nope, it's it's more fun to go out on the stage and call a dear friend and Ben couch it with, oh, she's a friend with friends like that and call them a coward. Okay, take it up with Erica.
Speaker 1: You know I did this earlier. I'm not going to do it again. I asked the audience, you know, did you appreciate the Ben Shapiro approach? And about half the hands went up, and I said, do you appreciate the Tucker approach? Half the hands went up, sometimes the same hand, Yeah, because like this, yeah, one of these. It is very interesting when you look at the divisions on the right, you know. And that's why I started this conversation by praising that you were trying to be a peacemaker, that you were trying to hold your fire, and you were actually trying to do the right thing. Where you were strategically doing something which people interpreted as cowardice, you were actually playing a long game to help bring peace to a situation that was pretty volatile. And that's why I want people to know that why you did what you did, Why I did not personally take offense, why I was you know, all that thing, all those things, but the divisions are are real and they do tend to come down along this. A lot of this is the Israel. It's the neo con it's the Israel issue. And you know, it's funny. I got a press inquiry going about that. We just celebrated a one of the hostages on stage and they were at the music festival five hundred and five days in captivity, and they're like, well with all the Israel stuff, you know, And I was like, wait, are you conflating a foreign policy debate with whether or not it's okay for somebody to be held hostage for five hundred and five days? Why have we lost our ever loving minds about.
Speaker 3: Some leftist statement? The leftist refused to celebrate when Trump got the hostages out. It was like those emotional videos of the hostage is being released, Like if you can't celebrate that, you've lost your grip on humanity. But there's no question Israel is dividing the conservative movement right now. And may I just say, for the record, I strongly object.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I say it's.
Speaker 3: Deeply wrong that we would ever divide America over a foreign country. I do think there is a contingent within the pro Israeli group that is Israel first. They really are. They're proving it every day, and you know, this is some of what I'm going to talk about tonight. But I don't see it that way at all. I'm not the people who are my enemy are the people who shot Charlie Kirk. It's the people who want all of us dead because we're at a turning point convention. It is not someone who doesn't like Israel or bb net in Yahoo or even somebody who has some negative associations with not Jewish people writ large, but with the Jewish activists who are a bunch of bullies. I understand the criticism against them because I've been on the receiving end of it, notwithstanding the fact that I've never said one word against Israel, not one word. It's my failure to condemn as if I am mother of the Internet. It's ridiculous. So I really think these the pro Israel advocates, like the most loud and outspoken ones, are the ones who are tearing the movement apart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was interesting because there was a lot made after Charlie was assassinated about the meeting in the Hamptons, like it became this like, oh it all went down to the Hamptons and that's why Charlie's dead. And you know, it's funny. I talked to Charlie and he's like, I was kind of boring whatever, And I talked to all the team. Nothing like exceptional. Really that exceptional happened, at least in Charlie's mind. And I asked him. I was like, what was the whole point of the Hampton saying? He was like, oh, it is an intervention. I was like, for them on you or you on them. He's like, oh, yeah, for me on them. I needed to tell like my Jewish friends, like they're they're causing more damage than they are good and they're driving people away. And I and you know, And then another thing that went viral was you and Charlie's conversation on your show right after that, Yeah, where he was just like so annoyed at the moral blackmailing and it's like, we are we are your friends.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't you found it repulsive?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He did, and I and you know, and I try and have a sensitivity for it, and I sympathize with it because you know, just like you, I have been pro Israel my whole life. I've never really even questioned it. You know, I like them better than the other guys, you know, like that as an American. I mean, you know we have similar enemies. You know, I love the Holy Land. I love like that my Lord and Savior walked there, you know, and that they are good stewards of a lot of those holy sites. But you know, when you get to a point where you're like your friend, your friends have gone through this traumatic situation of over seventh, you try and have sympathy for that and understand that it's been a traumatic experience, but you know, we have to find a way through here, a third way through. And I think that's what Charlie was doing. He was trying to fight for a larger conversation that more people could feel a part of it.
Speaker 3: I agree both of us were, and that's why when he came on that show. You and I've talked about this many times. But when he came on my show on August sixth, which was post the intervention, we were not planning on discussing Israel. I'm trying to get my exact timing right, because he came on once a month, so I think that was the August sixth one. We were not planning on discussing Israel at all. I just knew. I knew from seeing him at the Student Action Summit where we had a backstage exchange, that he had had it, and I was feeling the same. I was like, this isn't very annoying. I had said almost nothing about Israel. Literally, I'd gone on Piers Morgan and said, I think it's time to wrap it up for them, because their approval rating is plummeting. Like the popularity of Israel and Yahoo in America. They've already lost the liberals, they've love independence, they're starting to lose Republicans, especially the young people, which is who Charlie spent his life surrounded by. So he knew too. And for that the brigade turned and they were very, very angry that I said at the Studentational Summit that Epstein, if he was being controlled by anybody, any sort of foreign intelligence service, it was probably Masad anti semit that's an anti Semitic. Literally Benjamin Netanyah who just sent out a tweet saying that within the past twenty days is he anti Semitic. So it's like both of us were feeling this is insane, Like if they'll do this to two ardent advocates who have been on their side openly and avowedly for two years now, since ten to seven, not to mention before that, then they'll do this to anybody. And it really did cause me to start looking harder at some of the claims that they've been throwing out of anti Semitic and to your point, Andrew, I'm going to say something else, and this is their fault? Is this is their fault. I've also been somebody who's knee jerk supported Israel my whole life, and then I got to Fox and you had to It was not a question like you must support Israel, which was fine because that was my natural inclination anyway. But it's only now that I'm starting to reevaluate do I support Israel? Like? What is it about Israel that I support? Why have I been so knee jerk defensive of them? Is there another side to consider? Have I been? Have I been intolerant of people who have a different argument on this? And do I need to do some soul searching on my certainty about what white hat warriors they are? And I'm telling you it is not Hamas or the Palestinian protesters on Columbia campus who got me to start thinking that way. It is the bullies who are trying to censor speech on our side about this issue.
Speaker 1: President Trump walked into a catch twenty two when taking office. Do nothing in America would be staring at a ticking debt bomb, the kind of crisis that could cripple our future. Instead, he's taken action with strong policies to slow the train and buy some time. But the effects of past administration spending are still working through the system, and experts predict dramatic price increases and market uncertainty. Trump is doing all he can, but no matter who's in office, protecting your retirement savings is ultimately up to you, and that's why many Americans are turning to real assets like gold and silver. Preserve Gold is our go to choice here at the Charlie Kirk Show. We use them because they make it easy to own physical gold and silver even inside your retirement accounts, like an IRA or four oh one k now hear from Charlie in his own words.
Speaker 2: Preserve gold is my go to choice for all my precious metal needs. They are the real deal, and I recommend them to my friends, family and viewers.
Speaker 1: Get their free Wealth Protection Guide now by texting Charlie to five zero five zero five. President Trump is fighting for America's future. Now, it's your term to help protect yours.
Speaker 4: And it really is something about it being used as a weapon, because I remember one that was very upsetting to Charlie. It was in twenty three, remember where he just Charlie speculated, did they have reason that they should have caught the attack on to Yeah, happened.
Speaker 1: Even I'm Patrick bit David's podcast and speculated. He speculated.
Speaker 3: It was like he didn't say it was an inside job, but he was like they're so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, someone that yeah, like, how did this happen? They need to find it out or did someone you know downplay it or ignore something? And he gets denounced as an anti Semite by someone in one of those op eds. And it was I strongly suspect that that attack it was someone who already just didn't like turning point. They didn't like Charlie's position on the RNC.
Speaker 1: They didn't Three of them that did it, yes, and their names will not be mentioned because it's not worth Yeah, it's not worth it.
Speaker 4: But they just saw this as some sort of opportunity to attack Charlie, and to use an attack that's severe in such a cynical way was very right.
Speaker 3: And then without looking at all at Charlie's prior history of supporting Israel, and this is going Israel and so on.
Speaker 1: Well, and we had young Jewish leadership summits, we sent students to Israel to experience the Holy Land, mostly Christians by the way. And then what happened is this is how these lies get laundered. So these tweets go out In twenty twenty three, twenty twenty four, at the rn C, these New York Times journalists have to pump out like six stories a day, eight and when they're used to doing like one a week, right, so they're not doing their normal fact checking. The New York Times it was a Jewish writer out of Chicago. Forget his name, actually off the top of my head, but he puts out like a headline. There's maybe four hundred and fifty words story. Charlie Kirk, long known to have anti Semitic whatever, is speaking at the rn C, one of Israel's biggest supporters, is labeled in the New York Times as an anti semi Then what happens. Charlie gets up to the stage at the RNC starts giving his address. It's a huge moment for Charlie and CNN Jake Tapper. They cut away from Charlie's speech and Jake Tapper goes well, puts out the New York Times article and goes, Charlie's long had a reputation and a history of vile anti Semitism, and it's like all fake, It's all fake. And I'm on the phone going, like, you know, I'm my job is to like yell at the reporter and like, you know, Dennis Praeger and actually Mark Levin, God bless them both. They I forced the New York Times to basically take their quotes and say this is BS and garbage. But the damage was done from three bad faith tweets to his twenty twenty four R and C speech and all of a sudden, he's labeled as this, and he's like, what does a guy gotta do to not be just like, you know, you know, labeled with the scarlet letter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's the anatomy of a smear. Yes, but I like, look, I this sounds so trite, but truly. Almost all of my closest friends are Jewish. Just so. I mean, I've been living on the Upper West Side of Manhattan for the past ten years, and I really believe that there is a serious objection, even amongst a lot of Jewish Americans to the bullies. Because you could write an article like this, that's the end, That's what you just told us is the anatomy of a smear. But you could you could write a similar article, the making of an anti Semite, that would start with these bullies trying to censor, harass, misrepresent, strong arm. This is no way to get people over to your side. It is it is BLM, and they really need to listen to me, because I have an unblemished record on support for israel I. Do not to mention American Jews, of whom I was extremely defensive. I wanted all those guys deported at Brown and Columbia, all these people who are visa holders out there protesting globalize the Intifadic, get out, get out. We don't want anti semix here. But they need to look internally. These these bullies are running this coalition.
Speaker 1: It's the Black Square from BLM. You're right, if you didn't post it, then you're you're a racist, and it's it's there is an element of that with the identity politics of it all, with with when we're when we're discussing Israel.
Speaker 3: I mean, you remember Charlie's tweet that you that you put out now as tweet your internal message, the one that you gave the Okay, well, but it's said it's said.
Speaker 1: In there, like, what what do you mean.
Speaker 3: I'm not revealing it already revealed as well ago, but like it said something like and look, it wasn't perfectly phrased. We said something like these Jewish donors are behaving like so according to stereotype or something like that, which I know that's not polite. He was loosely talking.
Speaker 1: As by the way, this is a private conversation.
Speaker 3: But I know what he was trying to say. He was like, you're doing the thing that people stereotype you for doing that most of us defend you against. To me, that's what he was saying.
Speaker 1: Well, and there was a larger conversation that you know, Charlie was toying with this idea of like maybe maybe we just were defending Western civilization. You get to be a part of that. That was kind of one of the ideas we're throwing out. But you know, the issue was, you know, Charlie is not Jewish, and he would go to some of these campuses and you know, you're wrestling with young people over these ideologies and these ideas, and he would get fifty to sixty percent of his questions at some campuses on this one issue. He made Blake read like forty eight books about Israel just to like arm him, like with like you.
Speaker 4: That's what we were doing the night before, was we were war planning if you get all these questions about it, because we just knew it could be an absolute bombardment on that.
Speaker 3: Were you seeing young conservatives start to ask more questions?
Speaker 1: That's all it was. That was fifty the questions, So sometimes it was it was really big.
Speaker 4: I just remember, very shortly after I started with Charlie, I was telling him because he'd already had that the Groper experience in twenty nineteen where they would spam him, but I think he had compartmentalized that, and shortly after I started, I was telling him, Charlie, this is going to be coming. There's going to be a huge wave of more anti overt anti Semitism on the right among young people, because that's just that's clearly what the trend is headed towards, and he took that to heart. I saw him bring that up in conversations with people, and he was trying to give them a heads up. And that's what would cause a lot of this anger is he would come to them and love and say, guys, you have a huge problem coming and you need to adjust your strategy or you're going to be caught really badly off guard. And unfortunately, I think a lot of them didn't take that advice, and we're seeing his warning come to pass totally.
Speaker 1: Good conversation is about showing respect. It's how we create a space where people are able to share their ideas and to be heard. Charlie knew that TikTok has always strived to build that kind of place that thrives unrespectful connection, where curiosity fuels connection and we can share what's on our minds and learn from each other. When ideas meet respect, good things happen on TikTok. You can find a mechanic explaining the why behind a problem most of us wouldn't even know how to name or a father sharing a lifetime of knowledge with his viewers. Viewers who listen, discuss, and respond. TikTok turns connection into community through small acts of understanding. You can feel it in the comments, in the thank you from a stranger halfway across the world. TikTok is a place where respect opens the door for discussion, and discussion helps us build something.
Speaker 2: Real portions of our program are sponsored in part by TikTok.
Speaker 1: Should we take a few questions? I could love this conversation, but I would love to do We have a microphone, let's get a few and Daisy, you're gonna tell me when we need to wrap her because she's got to get to what's that? Oh you did?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's we don't have Let's just let let's just let them get it to Megan and hopefully we can get.
Speaker 1: Through two three. First question for Megan, please over here.
Speaker 3: When all your friends and people you work with are fighting with each other, do you when you and you stay out of it, but you also stand for what's right? What is some advice do you have for a young girl to do the exact same thing? Oh that's sweet, thank you for asking that. I mean I think you can, and what I've tried to do from the beginning on this, I think you can show empathy for both sides and their positions. And you know, in the case of the Israel divide, that was kind of easy for me because I knew I knew people on both sides, like Glenn Greenwald and Ben Shapiro are diametrically opposed on this issue and have been for a long time, both Jewish, both Jewish, and they both come on my show regularly for years, so I know them very well. And so I could listen to Glenn talk about Israel in a way that I didn't really agree with at all, but he's so smart that I and I love him. He would educate me, you know, I've learned some things about Israel. Was like, oh, that's actually not great. Okay, that's good to know. And then I talked to Ben and he'd have good defenses on these things, and we'd go back and forth. So I think you have to make space. I'm sorry, I hate that a phrase for both sides. It's very ho to copy, but.
Speaker 1: You didn't say safe space.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, They're all bad anyway, show some empathy, like actually try to listen to the friends about their grievances, and it doesn't have to be it doesn't. That's not talking about the other friends behind their back. That's you really trying to understand what the grievances are. And I generally love the feeling that when you're talking to people, even if it's people you oppose ideologically or what have you, if you can give them a couple of points, you're going to advance the conversation. They're going to like you more, are they gonna trust you more, and you could make inroads with them better, as opposed to just being like, well, I disagree, well you did the you cheated with her boyfriend. You're terrible. Like maybe it's more like why why would you do that? Like what was it?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What made you?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Like inquisitive without judgment, I think is the way to handle it.
Speaker 1: Love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, love, thank you.
Speaker 5: I had a second question or a question. So I have a friend that I go to college with. He's been you know, he's very involved. He's a geopolitician, you know, but he's also a liberal. He has been criticizing me for my support of Israel, and he's been bringing up history lessons such as the USS liberty, the USS liberty, I believe attack, yeah happened, And told him, like, why are we supporting Israel? Literally they're trying to take out Iran and then including with trying to control Gaza and trying to and you know they're attacked back on Gaza after what God Hamas did to Israel. And I told him, you know, I disagreed with him, but then all of a sudden, how can I you know, and we could have civil conversation. But when it comes to when it comes to trying to criticize Israel or try to like be soft on the issue. But then when it comes to Hamas like he tries to justify, not justify it, but like be light about it.
Speaker 3: Should go read the Moss Charter and your argument is going to get a lot better. I think you should do what we used to do in the law, which is the best way to argue your side is to prepare the other sides first, Like go go study what it is about the anti Israel side that that he's attracted to that you think is powerful when he makes points, learn it, understand it, and then go back and start it and study the pro Israel side and you'll be much better equipped to have these arts and maybe you'll change your mind somewhat too. That's fine too, But honestly, you have to be very careful about the media on Israel because there are manipulations both ways. It's very heavy propaganda game here. I trust real clear politics. I go there every morning and they'll have op eds from both the left and the right, including on Israel, and that's one place that won't corrupt your beautiful mind. So maybe start there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's raising a good point about the moral inconsistencies that are applied to Hamas versus Israel. Israel has definitely held to a much higher standard, I would say then than Hamas, and that's because specifically on the left, because they look at the world through an oppress or appressed lens, and so if they qualify you as the oppressed, then basically you can do whatever you want and you're not guilty of anything.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Hi, Megan, my name's Ashley, and I just want to thank you for being here.
Speaker 3: I have a quick question, what cultural issue do you think conservatives should be talking about more?
Speaker 1: But we just aren't.
Speaker 3: Well, I hate to say it, given what's happening this week. But pot marijuana, Amen, I really do I think like this. I'm totally against like making it more accessible. And I understand Trump is trying to make it allegedly more more accessible for people who need it for medical purposes. But today's pot is not the pot that we were up with back in the eighties. Though I've never tried pot, do you believe it? Yeah, never tried a drug of any kind of other than alcohol.
Speaker 1: There we go, we're either the body nor the mind. Yeah, but it was actually I was you do it? No, I was. I was on a basketball party one of those again, and and uh, totally I went total paranoid. Yeah, I hate it. That doesn't sound it was terrible, terrible experience.
Speaker 3: Well, I do think marijuana is like going to it's already posing a serious problem. And one of the things we're seeing in these mass shootings is marijuana comes up over and over and it comes up. You probably haven't even heard that because it's like a footnote to the reporting. Nobody's like giving that credence as possibly one of the factors playing in And they should just read Alex Berenson and what's in today's marijuana.
Speaker 1: Was here today debating why he's against weed. And actually, anytime with this debate would come up, we'd bring Alex Barnson on.
Speaker 3: He's phenomenal on this as always turning points ahead of curve. They're on it for you. But yeah, that would be my answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No. And by the way, even with the story with Tyler Robinson and Lance Twigg's assassin of Charlie alleged, I guess I don't know if I'm legally supposed to do whatever he did it. But the point is, you know they were just sitting around an apartment like vaping THHC, just constantly, just and so you imagine how the potency of it and the the psych what do you call it, the psychosis, Yeah, psychotropic effects of THHC and that high dosages. I mean, and if you're young and you're using a lot of a lot of weed, it can really impact the rest of your life. It can really lead to some very terrible things. So I love that answer.
Speaker 3: Look at those videos of that Ascension school shooter. The most disturbing things I saw this year, those awful, awful you know this school in Minneapolis where this shooter killed children going to their their Christian School into the church, and he's showing all all these demons in his photos. He sees himself as a demons giggling to him everyone he's smoking weed. In every video he's smoking weed, and it's like no one talked about it, like Okay, it's sup. It's just like a like half a glass of shiblee, which it's not.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm a I'm a complete believer that when you use hard drugs or maybe just a lot of THHC, which is a hard drug, actually when it's at those dosages, that it's a highway to hell, that it opens you up to dark forces because you lose control of the things that God gave you to control your mind and your heart and to keep bad things out.
Speaker 3: I want of the thing. The guy who started the psychedelics clinic at Johns Hopkins University and was the godfather of psychedelics, all this other MDNNA and all the stuff that people take. Ketamine, he told me in an interview. We did that if you if there's any history of schizophrenia in your family, any and it can go way back and we don't know, and you go in even in a controlled setting, which she said is the only way you should ever do one of those drugs. Some people do it for cancer depression. You know, there are reasons, there are good reasons to try it. You can have a psychotic break from which you never return. Yeah, you never return. It's very dangerous what these people are playing with. And that Lance Twigs like I think that one of the reports was that he had mushrooms in.
Speaker 1: There, d off black market HRT hormone replacement therapy.
Speaker 3: The guy was all of that must be looked into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well this was uplifting. Megan Kelly. Give it up for Maggie Kelly, everybody.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thanks for having me, Thank you.
Speaker 1: For having me. For more on many of these stories and news you can trust, go to Charliekirk dot com.