Speaker 1: Life Audio.
Speaker 2: In today's episode of Timeless Wisdom, what is.
Speaker 1: The missing tile syndrome? I have a crew in here right now videoing me for a documentary on happiness, and they asked me, what is your subject? You may know crewe I am in for total transparency whatever goes on here. I tell my listeners anyway, what's your subject? I said, the missing tile syndrome. And because the guy who's directing his Canadian, I excuse him for not knowing what that meant. All Americans by now should know. But he didn't. So I said, look at the ceiling in my studio, which happens to be tiles. He said, all right, And I said, now I want you to imagine that just one tile we're missing, what would you be staring at? And he said, the missing tile. The missing tile syndrome is when we focus on the one thing we don't have.
Speaker 2: That's coming off on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Welcome to Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Here thousands of hours of Dennis's lectures courses in classic radio programs. Had to purchase Dennis Prager's Rational Bibles. Go to Dennisprager dot com.
Speaker 1: It's the Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy Hour. Nobody expected me to do it, then they always expect it on the second time around. Hey, everybody, it's the Happiness Hour of the Dennis Prager Show. And no matter what is happening in America or the world, LIFs vermin spinning of the first born blood No, no, little, I meant blood in the Nile. Here we go. Come on, everybody America, join me. And in fact the German listener group too. It's the happy It's the clticleish gluiculish Hour. Yes it is. It's the crilticliss blitulishlalt burkish Hour. All right, everybody, why do I do an hour every week on happiness? Happy people make the world better? As simple as that. Okay, this is I am making a war on the miserable. I am, and those of you who inflict bad moods on others please know that that is identical to inflicting bad breath on others or bad body odor. You owe it to the world to be in a good mood. You owe it to the world to shower. That's the way it works. It's a moral obligation to your children, to your parents, to your spouse, to your friends, to your co worker, to the person sitting next to you in the airplane or on the airplane. Is it on the airplane or in the airplane. I'm serious, the person sitting next to you on the airplane or in the airplane, okay, and anybody else in your life. That's the point. It is a moral obligation. Hi, everybody, this is Dennis Prager Happiness Hour every week at this time, come hella, high water and now and now today's subject. Today's subject is one that Allan the Alan has been badgering me to talk about for so long, and I keep saying, oh, but Alan, I've already discussed it is Dennis. That was years ago. And he said that years ago, so now it's really years ago. Actually, this is a big one. And I'll tell you how I know, because the truth is, I don't always know. I get feedback from you, folks, And here is an example. I would say that along with perhaps the chapter in my happiness book, Happiness is the serious problem is the name of the book. If you got to use copy for a dollar, that's fine with me, just please read it. But I get feedback that in Happiness is a serious problem the chapter that most touches people, and I hope they all do. But if people isolate one more than any other, are there I guess two were tied. One is to not have expectations and the other is the missing tile syndrome. So it is time to offer my thoughts on the missing tile syndrome, as well as some new thoughts on the subject, since we all live longer than we did. If we're still living and we get new thoughts or deeper thoughts, what is the missing tile syndrome? I have a crew in here right now videoing me for a documentary on happiness, and they asked me, what is your subject? You may know, crew, I am in for total transparency whatever goes on here. I tell my listeners anyway, what's your subject? I said, the missing tile syndrome. And because the guy's directing his Canadian, I excuse him for not knowing what that meant. All Americans by now should know. But he didn't. So I said, look at the ceiling in my studio, which happens to be tiles. He said, all right, And I said, now I want you to imagine that just one tile we're missing. What would you be staring at and he said, the missing tile. The missing tile syndrome is when we focus on the one thing we don't have, and that is folks. It is so natural. There are so many ways of putting this. I am chilled, I really am. I have goosebumps at how important this is. It is such. It's a truism. No matter how much you have, you focus on what is missing. I do too. By the way, it's not when I say you, I am a member of this group of humanity if folks, if I didn't have these issues, I couldn't have written my book. That book was as much about me as it is about you. The only difference is I've thought it through and I have tried to put these principles into practice, and they work. I am not a happy dispositioned person because I haven't suffered. I am a happy dispositioned person because I have implemented the ideas that I give to you every week. By the way, parenthetical point, the unhappy think that those walking around with a happy disposition have had less pain than they do. So I have a very important point to make to those of you who are unhappy. The happy have not suffered less than the unhappy. They have chosen not to allow that pain to make them miserable. There are a handful of exceptions. I mean, if you have lost your family to a band of rapist murderers, I have to stay mum. I cannot There were certain levels of suffering to which I cannot address. I will tell you though, and then I'm getting back to the missing tiles syndrome. I knew a family and this couple lost all three of their sons to a same form I think of cancer. It was just congenital all in their early twenties or late teens. If you met this couple, you would never ever know what they have endured, the deaths of all of their children in the most terrific way. It's not like a car crash that to goal three, which is also horrific, obviously, but where they saw it coming through. No no bad thing that anybody had done anyway. My only point is that if these people could walk around with a pleasant and happy disposition, I think the rest of us can. Now back to the missing tile syndrome the human nature, and I very rarely note this. There is a sub There is a what is it? Subtitle to the title of my book it's called a human nature repair manual because my thesis is that you have to fight your nature to be happy. Human nature makes you miserable. Everybody is born with human nature. That's why it's called human nature, not your nature, and we all have to battle it to be happy. Part of human nature is to focus on what we are missing. Now, how did I learn this? Some of you know the answer, but many don't. It was in fact told to me by a bald man who told me many many years ago, Dennis, I want you to know, when I walk into a room, all I see is hair, and that man opened my eyes to a phenomenon. I never see hair when I walk into a room because I have my hair. I therefore never think about it. I am sure if I were bald, I would have a very similar view. By the way, the brilliance of that comment is that it applies to whatever you think is missing. A woman who wants children, all she sees are babies. Talk to a woman who wants to get pregnant and is having trouble, and she will tell you all her friends are pregnant. Everywhere she goes, she sees baby carriages and babies. The rest of us don't see babies everywhere. People who want babies see babies everywhere. Whatever it is. You don't have a woman who thinks that her thighs are a little too heavy or a lot too heavy. All she sees when she sees women, are thin thighs. The world is composed of thin thighs. There is no exception to this. Whatever it is that people want. People you're having trouble with your kid, all you see are well developed, happy kids around. Everybody has a fine, happy child except me. That's the way people who have It doesn't matter what it is. It does not matter what it is that is human nature. Now it's time for you to call to verify what I say, to ask about what I say, to ask how you combat it, whatever is on your mind. How in fact, if you can give me more examples of how you experience the missing tile syndrome, I can then bring it to others and you will have done a service. Maybe you differ, maybe you think that that's not true. I can't imagine, though. I think this is so universal that it's hard for me. I've I've never encountered somebody who said, g I don't know what you're talking about. One eight Prager seven seven six is the number one eight p R A G E R seven seven six, which is eight seven seven two four three triple seven six. What is it in your life that would constitute that missing tile? It's perfectly wonderful sealing, except for the one missing tile. I'm Dennis Prager. This is the Happiness Hour.
Speaker 2: This episode of timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's timeless wisdom.
Speaker 1: Shout al Aluijah, Come on, get happy, get ready for the judgment. You're listening to the Happiness Hour on the Dennis Prager Show. One eight Prager seven seven six. The subject is the missing tile syndrome. And I will tell you it's it's interesting. I love when people who have not heard me hear me, because then I am revived in my understanding of how important the and life changing a lot of these ideas are. I told you there's a film crew in here right now filming the show for a documentary on happiness, and some were saying, you know, had not they had not thought about this. People don't think about this. Who thinks through happiness systematically? Very few? Because people think it's a feeling. My service to you is that I, as it were, deacons struct happiness. Here are the aspects of it that make you happy or unhappy, and so that way you don't rely on feelings alone. We all have feelings of happiness. My point is that's not enough. That it is the mind that has to direct our happiness, not the feelings. All right, So the point here is the missing tile. Whatever you don't have, or think you don't have. You may even have it, but think you don't have is the thing that you concentrate on most. We don't concentrate most on what we do have. That's as simple as that. And I told you how I learned it. A man so many years ago said that he was a bald man who told me that whenever he walks into a room, all he sees his hair, he is missing hair. All he sees his hair, you are missing X or Y or Z. All you see is Y or Z. By the way, you may not even really be missing it. I mean the case of bald men. I have all my hair, so I have no vested interest here. So you can you can certainly believe what I'm about to say. I think that a lot of bald men way way way exaggerate its significance, including in the eyes of the opposite sex. But it doesn't matter. Men want their hair by and large, and that's the way they've thought about it. Although today bald is in more than I think certainly I ever recalled it in the past, after they all used to wear wigs. Right, we didn't know who was bald. We don't know how many of the founding fathers were bald. They all had wigs on. It would be odd, wouldn't it a bald I don't know. Thomas Jefferson just who knows. Maybe he was, I don't know if he was. All right, won aight Prager seven seven six and let's go to carry in Minneapolis, Minnesota, carriedn Thanks for calling, hello.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to call and just speak to this notion. I do have the book, I just haven't gotten to that chapter yet. But this is really new to me. And I had the syndrome and am now cured of this syndrome. I was a teen mom and a single mom, and lived in poverty for many years and really believed I was the have not and really focused everything and bought into the mentality that I was a victim, and I don't have it, and there's behalves.
Speaker 1: And that everybody else does, yes, And.
Speaker 3: I actually it actually a symptom of that too, was I started to have the symptom of entitlement, like I was entitled to have these things, and became very active in pursuing why didn't I get my twenty three dollars of food stamps? Why did they short me ten dollars of my AFDC check that I'm supposed to get on the first of the month. And instead of focusing on the other four hundred and twenty two dollars I did get, I was focused on the money that I was shorted. And really, you know, every every day and every every day with survival, every day with focus.
Speaker 1: How did you get out of it?
Speaker 3: While I went to school and no.
Speaker 1: No, no, not out of poverty. How did you get out of the missing tile syndrome?
Speaker 3: I guess I just had a new phone appreciation for what you had, faith and family and just you know, all the blessing and blessings that God has given me. My little girl. I'm a mother of five children. I'm thirty four years old. I was raising five children before I was twenty six years ago.
Speaker 1: Are you married now by any chance?
Speaker 3: I'm married now for seven years.
Speaker 1: Well, that's beautiful. That is beautiful, all right. By the way, you know, there's no politics on the Happiness Hour, but I would just raise this issue, and there really isn't. I'm quite adamant about that. This is a politics free zone, the Happiness Hour. But it is worth asking if, in fact, the missing tile syndrome creates unhappiness, and of course it does. Is there any political philosophy that is more or less likely to create a missing tile syndrome in people? I'll just leave it at that, and it's just something to think about. One A. Praeger seven seven six, And let's go to uh. Let's see here line four, which doesn't help anybody always whenever people do that talk show host that gets me annoyed, Who cares what line number? It is? Right, all right? Line four in the world famous Wasilla, Alaska, the most famous little city in America. Hello, Jake, hi, ja hi.
Speaker 4: Hey, You're talking about this problem, this syndrome as though it only has a cure. I have a vaccine for you.
Speaker 1: Oh good man.
Speaker 4: I see this all the time. I see it with my friends you know, I don't know how many other men out there have wives that every time you get in a fight or or even an argument. Every one of our friends has idyllic marriages. And our marriage is falling apart because we have a little fight. Obviously, it's a transient thing. But the way that we got out of that pattern, and it's been years now, the way that we got out of that pattern is by making a point to give, almost in a list form, to give thanks for the things that we have. And it's like counting the tiles that are there on the phone.
Speaker 1: That's correct. The vaccine is gratitude correct. Yeah, absolutely, good man. By the way, he is absolutely right on the couple's issue. And I have a chapter on that very subject, but it's it's not in the chapter on missing tile syndrome. It's in the chapter on comparing ourselves to others. You are listening to the Happiness Hour on the Dennis Prager Show.
Speaker 2: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's timeless wisdom.
Speaker 5: It's so important to make someone happy, Make just one someone happy, make just one had the heart you you sing.
Speaker 1: To one smile that cheers you.
Speaker 5: One facetown lights when it needs one, your your everything.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jimmy Dennis Trager here f the bailout was just passed by the US House of Representatives. But we continue with the Happiness Hour, just letting you know the news, so that shall increase your happiness. I just see you all jumping up and down talking about that's what the market is doing, is jumping up and down, in other words, the prices. The market is up and the market is down. My friends, I'll tell you this, if we do go through a difficult time economically. I mean this just with sincerity, the Happiness Hour will take on even greater importance. If it was important during the good times, it will be certainly important during the bad times. And so that is just a thought tying the two together, the Happiness Hour and the news. We'll talk about, of course that we'll talk about that in the last night's debate when we come back next hour and re enter the prosaic problems of life. But this is the real reality of the happiness. We're talking about, the happiness issue of the missing tile syndrome. We focus on what we don't have. Here comes a perfect example. I believe Susan in Englewood, Colorado. Hi, this is Dennis Prager.
Speaker 6: Hi, Dennis, this is Susan.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 3: Nice to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I have to tell you. I was thirty six years old and the clock was ticking, and I wanted to be married more than anything. And I was working. I was a teacher, and in the summer I took a little job as a checkout girl at a grocery store. And you see people in their purses in their hands, and I would notice everyone's wedding ring m and I thought, how that is a mary you.
Speaker 1: Have I'm not you have given me as powerful an example as the bald man.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 1: She saw wedding.
Speaker 6: Bands, yep, And I thought, and I would see women that I thought, I'm competitive with her. I'm I'm not terrible looking, and she's just okay looking. How come of course married?
Speaker 7: And I'm not.
Speaker 6: What's what's looking here? What's wrong? And everyone was married?
Speaker 1: And what did you do?
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you. I remember. It's been a while now, but I remember the day that I was sitting on my couch and I had a big cozy blanket around me, the television on, and I was eating dinner, sitting on the couch in my pajamas with that blanket, with the remote in my hand, and I thought, you know, I need to really enjoy this. This is cozy and it's and it's nice, and you don't get this when you're married. I'll tell you. Within four months I was engaged with it, six months I was married, and within the year I had a baby. And now eight years.
Speaker 1: Later, and now you look at all these women without wedding bands and think, oh wow, sit.
Speaker 3: On the couch.
Speaker 6: Now I sit on a hard table, eating dinner and my husband has the remote in hiss hands.
Speaker 1: That's that's a great story.
Speaker 6: But I think I was just you know, great.
Speaker 1: By the way, here's the point. Though you were able, your story is even more powerful for this reason you with the day you decided to be happy in your situation, you attracted a man.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: I tell singles who want to get married that the happier you can be in your single state, the more likely you are to get married. The iron irony of ironies. And I want people to get married, but I also want people to be happy whether they're married or not. That's right. Got a great story. God bless you. That's that's just terrific. You're welcome. That's that's a treasure one. I'm telling you, folks, this is not rocket science. Happy people attract people. I'm tempted to say the following hello, but I won't. I don't. I don't like that, so I won't go hello. You know, the film crew is probably thinking that I'm doing this because they're here. They don't know that this is how I am normally. Oh, is that the truth? You want? You want to bring people into your life? Act happy? Somebody? What was it? What was it? Somebody either wrote some essay or somebody sent me a letter. Oh my god. You could tell they were a bunch of intellectuals. They wanted to know. Well, Dennis, it's we We agree, but it's not really authentic to walk around in the an elated state. So what do you mean by act happy? You need to go to graduate school to ask those questions. I'm serious. We We shall return momentarily on the Happiness Hour on the Dennis Prager Show.
Speaker 3: Dennis, I just wanted to call and say I'm trying to have to get too emotional because you have changed my life. I have read your books. I listened to your Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 1: Show every day, and I want to be like you when I grow up. Thank you for your wisdom.
Speaker 8: Thank you for being true person for God and showing the.
Speaker 6: Light in God in you in this world.
Speaker 1: Because this world needs it. I can't say thank you so much enough.
Speaker 5: My name is Tina.
Speaker 6: I live in Grand Rapids.
Speaker 8: Michigan, and I am praying for a full recovery.
Speaker 1: Continue to fight it. You're doing awesome. Thank you again. Goodbye.
Speaker 2: Are you enjoying Timeless Wisdom? We'd love to hear from you. Call eight seven seven seventy seven seventy six and leave a review, share your thoughts, or just even an encouraging word for Dennis. Your voicemail might just make it on the show. That's eight seven seven two four three seventy seven seventy six. That's eight seven seven two four three triple seven six. Thanks for listening and for your support.
Speaker 1: I'm just listening happy music. I'm talking to you today on the happiness are but the missing tile syndrome that the human nature is such that we focus on the tile that is missing. You can see it could be in a gorgeous room, some public place, a chapel, any anything, an auditorium, and you look up and one tile is missing, and that's what you stare at. That's what we do with our lives. We can have everything and one tile is missing. The woman who wanted to get married, all she saw were wedding bands, the bold man who only saw hair, the overweight women who only saw thin women. I mean, it's endless what we do. The people who want children to only see children, the people who are economically challenged only see rich people or people who were comfortable. You know, my theory on happiness, incidentally will be is so deep on the importance of it. I have a theory on who wins elections, the happier candidate, and that is why it's a major reason why Ronald Reagan had a landslide victory over Jimmy Carter. Jimmy Carter did not exude happiness, and Ronald Reagan did. And I have not seen an exception. The happier candidate wins. The happier person generally wins the marriage, The happier person wins the job interview. Happy people make the world better, and happy people get more for them, So you would think it's self recommending to act happy, wouldn't you. It's so it's so obvious and yet and yet it's it's so not universal. Alrighty one eighth Prager seven seven six, And we go to Pearl excuse me, Palm Harbor, Florida. Patti, Hi, Patty, Dennis Prager.
Speaker 8: Oh, Dennis, this is the best birthday present I could have gotten there.
Speaker 1: Today is your birthday?
Speaker 8: Well not today, but it's coming very quickly, and I'm happy about it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't ever understand that either of it.
Speaker 1: That's funny, that's true.
Speaker 8: We will almost got in was I think last year right before my birthday?
Speaker 5: So much?
Speaker 1: Really you did? That's very sweet, Okay, pre happy birthday. Hi.
Speaker 8: There's so many things I love this hour because it's so for some reason you think like I do. And I've always been this way. So I've always had this question about you know, because I had a brother sister who didn't and it's like, with the same circumstances. Was there something in me from the beginning that tended to you know, you talk about it probably missing tile yeah, but then something inside of me, some instinct, always, even from when I was very young, always then instantly refocused on the rest on something that.
Speaker 3: Was going to make me well.
Speaker 1: Look, here is the sad truth of life. We are born with a lot of traits. Some people are born happier than others, but some people are born more musical than others. But still everybody can play piano. See even that, if you take lessons in happiness like lessons on the piano, you can then play happiness. But some people have a more natural affinity. You are one of them. Your brother and sister are not well.
Speaker 8: This led me to a career the last sixteen years of working with people with pain and with unhappiness and different things.
Speaker 1: What is the career? What do you do?
Speaker 8: Happened recent I'm a hypnotherapist, and it's all about shifting focus to something that's going to make you feel better, whether it's better, whether it's pain, or you know, the lack of being married or a relationship, those kinds of things. But recently I had a lady who I gave her an article that i'd written about pain, because even research shows the more you focus on it, the more it hurts you, know literally, So I gave her an article that I'd written, and she came back and she still wanted to work with me, but she was actually a little angry, and she says, you are obviously someone who has never experienced pain in your life. And that was such a perfect example of how people that's it happy they think you've never well did.
Speaker 1: You hear me say that at the beginning of the show.
Speaker 8: Exactly?
Speaker 1: This is every time I give a speech on this subject, Patty, and thank you and happy birthday again, I always say I am now making and I did it this hour. I hereby wish to inform the unhappy that we who act happy have suffered just as much as you. And this is a revelation to those who walk around in bad moods. It's a revelation. Time to go to Texas and Irving, Texas. Danny, Hi, Danny, Dennis Prager, thank you for calling.
Speaker 9: Hi, Thank you for taking a call. Uh yeah, I guess I've suffered from the missing cal syndrome for quite a while. I've never been in a serious relationship. Uh uh, I've I've always uh uh that's all I've ever noticed.
Speaker 1: Is all you've ever noticed is what you're missing? Yes, yeah, well you h I'm gonna make a leap here, uh based on both your content and your tone. Have you actually sought therapy?
Speaker 9: I've tried. Uh, it's I'm not sure if have you ever?
Speaker 1: Have you ever tried one of the pharmaceutical drugs to help elevate a mood somewhat?
Speaker 9: I don't know what those would be.
Speaker 1: Well, you might want to give that a thought. You might be battling something that is not just psychological. And I grant that there is a physiological component to some people's being constantly down, and you should look at that no differently than if you had a congenitally bad leg. You get it operated on. We'll be back in a moment.
Speaker 2: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's timeless wisdom.
Speaker 1: I don't care what the weather man says. I'm not interrupting him. You never have me complaining. I'm say the sun shine. I don't generally read it biographies of entertainers. If there's a good one of Louis or Lewis, as some of you tell me to say, I want to read it, is there. I'm sure there are a few of them, but if you tell me a good one, you're listening to the Dennis Prager Show, and this is the Happiness Hour. I'm going to summarize the calls up there, don't hang up. Bonnie and fort Worth says she works for the county hospital and works in O B and observing the physical defects. It's obstetrics for those who don't know. I'm observing the physical defects and problems in the hospital makes it impossible for her or anyone to feel the missing tile. And today's your birthday, Bonnie, Happy birthday. That's right, that's exactly right. Maybe when you see how many others have it, you can't have a missing tile syndrome as much. That's right for those just tuning in the missing tile syndrome. A major chapter in my book on happiness. Happiness is a serious problem, as the name of the book is about our focusing on the missing things in our life. And again, the same thing Carrie in Minnesota. Her tile has been lack of acceptance and acknowledgment from others until she got sick, and her illness helped highlight what really matters and changed whole perspective. That's exactly right. Ah, I have so much to say about that, but I don't have the time Saint Petersburg, Florida. Doug says wife has bipolar syndrome, and reassessing what we have and enhance our love has helped us with the missing tile syndrome. Yep. My favorite in some ways is Marilyn and aurora Us. Dennis comments about happiness as a state of mind rather than emotion, as means of overcoming missing tiles syndrome. I probably say this too often. This is the most important point I can make, But it probably is the most important point I can make, and that is, if your mind is in control and not your brain. The brain is the seat of feelings, the mind is the seed of thought and values, then you will have a better life. You will lead a more ethical, a more moral, and a more happy life. If your mind is in control, that's where it starts, and it starts by understanding that there are a lot of tiles that you do have, and not to focus, as naturally you would, of those that are missing. This has been the happiness hour.
Speaker 2: On Tomorrow of Dennis teaches the Tora.
Speaker 10: If the God that Judaism introduced to the world exists, not Aristotle's unmoved mover, but the God the personal God of Judaism, the judging God of Judaism, the merciful God of God of Judaism.
Speaker 1: Then there is an afterlife.
Speaker 10: To me, it is it is impossible for a good God, a just God, to have created a world with so much intrinsic injustice and cruelty and not had a working of it out in some afterlife. It is impossible for me to believe that this world was created and the only reality is physical, that the human being possesses, no soul that outlives our decrepit skin. It's just it's inconceivable to me on logical grounds. I can entertain atheism intellectually, I cannot entertain belief in God, but no afterlife. It's a God that I that is alien to Judaism. But again, it's tape you'll have to get, or an article of mine you'll have to read. I'm about to be gathered to my kin to bury me with my father's in the cave which is in the field of Ephron the Hittite, the cave which is in the field of Mothpela. Remember where Abraham and Isaac and their wives are buried facing Mamray in the land of Canan. To feel that Abraham bought from Ephron the Hittite for a burial site. How many of you have been with me since chapter one? Oh, there actually are a twenty or so. That's twenty, maybe a dozen six, No, no, about fifteen of you.
Speaker 1: I'm very touched by that.
Speaker 10: Do you recall how the Torah went out of its way, almost hilariously, to say we bought the land the Jews bought the lad Here again it comes back at the very end of Genesis.
Speaker 7: Let nobody say the Jews got that land in any illegal way.
Speaker 1: So here it is again, like it needs to be mentioned.
Speaker 7: The guy is, you know, and even now he revit the one we bought and from whom we bought it is mentioned.
Speaker 10: It is so fascinating. The Torah is so sensitive to the possibility that anyone would accuse the Jews of having that area not totally fairly legally bought.
Speaker 1: So here it is again. It got a kick out of it seeing it.
Speaker 10: You know, boys, the one that Abraham bought from Efron the Hittite for a burial site.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 10: Abraham and his wife Sarah were buried there. Isaac and his wife Rebecca were buried and their eye buried Leah, the field and the cave in it.
Speaker 1: Bought from the Hittites.
Speaker 10: In case you missed, boys, when one of you was talking while I spoke, is that funny?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know when you're when you become aware of it. It truly, it's comical.
Speaker 10: When Jacob finished his instructions to his sons, he drew his feet into the bed and breathing his last he was gathered to his people.
Speaker 1: It's very touching.
Speaker 10: The last chapter of Genesis is not about Jacob. I mean, you know, he could have died in the last chapter, but it's a way of saying, nolpe. The continuum is what happens with Joseph and the brothers. The children of Israel takeover now, not Israel himself. He dies in chapter forty nine. It's very touching that it works that way. And so we go to the final chapter in the Book of Genesis, chapter fifty.
Speaker 2: Join us tomorrow to hear more on timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prigger. Visit Denisprigger dot com for thousands of hours of Dennis's lectures, courses in classic radio programs, and to purchase Dennis Prager's Rational Bibles. We want to take just a second to thank the team at Life Audio for their partnership with us on the podcast. Go to lifeaudio dot com to find dozens of other faith centered podcasts and their network, including shows about prayer, Bible study, parenting, and more.