Speaker 1: My name is Charlie kirk I run the largest pro American student organization in the country, fighting for the future of our republic. My call is to fight evil and to proclaim truth. If the most important thing for you is just feeling good, you're gonna end up miserable. But if the most important thing is doing good, you'll end up purposeful.
Speaker 2: College is a scam, everybody.
Speaker 1: You got to stop sending your kids to college.
Speaker 3: You should get married as young as possible and have as many kids as possible. Go start at turning point. You would say college chapter.
Speaker 1: Go start at turning point, yould say high school chapter.
Speaker 3: Go find out how your church can get involved.
Speaker 1: Sign up and become an activist.
Speaker 4: I gave my.
Speaker 1: Life to the Lord in fifth grade, most important decision I ever made in my life, and I encourage you to do the same. Here I am Lord, Use me.
Speaker 3: Buckle up, everybody, Here we go. Noble Gold Investments is the official gold sponsor of the Charlie Kirkshaw, a company that specializes in gold I rays and physical delivery of precious metals. Learn how you could protect your wealth with Noble Gold Investments at noblegold investments dot Com. That is Noblegold Investments dot Com.
Speaker 5: All right, welcome to the Charlie Kirk Show. It's Friday, May twenty second. We are here at the y REFI Studios in Phoenix, Arizona.
Speaker 2: How we doing, Blake, We're doing great. It seems like a like one of those days holidays.
Speaker 4: It's a holiday.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, we're all gearing up and it's.
Speaker 4: A good holiday.
Speaker 6: It's a I think of America's various real holidays, as well as junenteenth Yeah, yeah, exactly, you know the ones we really celebrate. I think Memorial Day is the most probably meaningful one, even more than Fourth of July, which Christ Oh. Yes, the civic holidays. I wish Easter was a US holiday.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, but it's a yeah, I get, I get what you mean. But as far as civic holidays, I do. I do agree with Memorial Day is a really powerful one. And I have a brother that serves and family members that serves, and I'm sure you've got that throughout your family and friends.
Speaker 2: So we all.
Speaker 5: Remember the fallen this weekend and listen, spend time with your family, enjoy the long weekend. There's gonna be massive celebrations in Washington, DC and around the country, of course, and I know that Real America's Voice is going to be covering all of that on Monday, all the parades and the wreath laying, So do check out this channel on Monday because it's gonna be great. And we're going to be having a Memorial Day special as well, which I think will immediately follow that, So check it all out. In the meantime, we got news to cover and I was taken by a release from Spencer Pratt. Okay, I've been watching that campaign very closely, and he's got a really, really fascinating and I think compelling plan to combat homelessness, which is I think one of the more intractable problems that many cities face and it's their own choice certainly. Here to help us unpack that right at the jump is Jason Rantz. He's host of The Jason rant Show on Seattle Red seven seventy up in Seattle. He's a West Coaster through and through and is just a glutton for punishment. He's also the author of the book What's Killing America. Jason, Welcome back to the show, my friend. Good to see you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thanks for having me back.
Speaker 2: So you had homework.
Speaker 5: I said, you got to watch this video Spencer Pratt, because yes, Spencer Pratt is running a really remarkable campaign in many ways, and I'd love to just get your initial reaction to that. But he's using media in ways that nobody's done before.
Speaker 2: AI.
Speaker 5: You know, organic creators in LA, in the movie space are making their own Spencer Pratt campaign ads this So we'll get into the homeless piece, but just on the top of it, As a West Coast urban American, what's it like to see somebody like Spencer Pratt emerge on the scene and actually apparently have a legit, jitimate chance. Maybe he's not favored yet, but he could become mayor of LA.
Speaker 7: He could look he's gaining momentum, and he's doing it in a way that I think really reaches folks who don't normally pay attention to politics. There are a lot of folks and this is really the issue with Donald Trump, and even to another extent like zoron Mamdani, where they were able to speak to people and energize people who maybe don't normally vote. Now in one case didn't like that they were able to do that. But for President Trump, We're obviously a fan of him getting those folks to vote. And I think Spencer Pratt is really connecting with people who look at a lot of these issues and say they're not inherently political. When we're talking about public safety and homelessness, drug use on our streets. The average person, no matter how it is they vote, they don't look at this and say, well, that's a Democratic issue or that's a Republican issue. They just see it as common sense. And you know, Spencer Pratt is able to connect Republican policies with common sense approaches. And that's really why I'm so excited for what he's able to do.
Speaker 5: Jason, what you just said, I think is really the model for how conservatives let's just call him not even conservative, let's call him common sense Americans just call in in an urban environment, it's all local.
Speaker 2: It's all local.
Speaker 5: Actually, as a matter of fact, like as much as I love the President, the worst thing that could have happened to Spencer Pratt was President Trump going.
Speaker 2: I heard he's.
Speaker 5: Mega, you know, like it's like just leave him alone, let him let him cook, right, you know, And so I would just say, like what you said, I think is really really important because we've so many of our American cities you see this up close in Seattle, have gotten away from the bread and butter of just making the trains run on time, like cleaning up the filth, making sure people can walk the street safely. It's gotten so ideology ideological that they've lost sight of just basic common sense stuff. And I feel like that's the magic to the Spencer Pratt campaign. Yes he's charismatic, Yes he's good with media, Yes he's like a social media campaign, but it's getting back to the bread and butter stuff where common sense Americans are going like, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 7: You can put out a lot of really well produced videos AI or otherwise, but if they're not talking about the issues the way that people see them, it doesn't really matter. And that's what makes the most sense to explain why he's taking off the way that he has. It's because he's talking about issues that people see and experience every single day. He can get to the emotional arguments by simply saying to a parent, do you want to feel the way you do when you're walking in a park with your kid and you're seeing someone smoking fentanyl or using a playground as a toilet, and you don't have to lean into the emotion beyond just telling people what it is they're currently experiencing, and it allows them to get emotional on their own. And those are the best kinds of ads. He's obviously very clever, he is very charismatic in these in these pitches, but he's just he's talking about things the way the average person sees them, and that there's not a single person again, regardless of how they vote, who say who says to themselves? Yeah, I like the idea of going to a park has been completely taken over by the homeless. No one holds those positions except I guess radicals on the left.
Speaker 2: I totally agree.
Speaker 5: And you know, it's interesting, so much of our modern political discourse between left and right just feels like, are you for the third World? Are you for the first World? Do you want America to look like a first World country or a third World country? I mean, and you've got in your city, you've got a socialist mayor that just basically called on everybody to boycott's Starbucks like one of the established corporate entities. The heartbeat of the city. You drive pass downtown South of downtown. You see that h Q right there with the with the logo on it. She's calling to boycott. Start now she's walking that back now.
Speaker 4: She it did more harm than good. Imagine that.
Speaker 2: Truly remarkable.
Speaker 5: And I want to I want to play this Spencer pratt uh mashup if we have it loaded, and then I want to get your reaction on the other other side. I don't know if we're going to get it in time here. Uh oh it is, it's loaded as to. Let's go ahead and run it, Jason Rant and your reaction on the other side.
Speaker 8: Los Angeles doesn't have a homeless problem. We have a drug problem. Treat medical teams administer narcan to reverse opioid overdoses. It blocks the opioid receptors in the brain, so the attic could shoot up as much heroin as they want.
Speaker 9: It won't do a thing.
Speaker 8: The problem is narcan only lasts for a day or two, and it doesn't break the addiction cycle. There is a longer lasting anti narcotic drug called vivitrol that does what narcan does, but it lasts for thirty days, giving a much better chance of breaking the addiction.
Speaker 9: The problem is the attic must.
Speaker 8: Be sober from seven to fourteen days before it can be administered. So we have this donut hole between the forty eight hours of protection with the narcan and the two weeks of sobriety needed to administer the vivitrol. Step one, break the cycle. No more distribution of drug paraphernalia. Karen Bass and Nitthya Rahman currently pay NGO's millions of dollars to increase drug usage and profit up the misery of.
Speaker 9: These drug addicts.
Speaker 8: I'm putting an end to this profiteering.
Speaker 2: Step two.
Speaker 8: We have the laws, we just need to use them. Step three and the body brokering. Many of the attics you see around your neighborhood are bussed in from other states in order for local NGOs to profit off their addiction. Step four, bring in the DEA. We have international cartels operating in the open on our streets. Step five. A modern treatment facility. I've already made plans with several high profile developers who want to donate resources to build a large, modern and safe campus where we can administer rehab outside of our residential neighborhoods.
Speaker 5: All right, Jason, So the five points just to reiterate them. Break the cycle. So stop distributing drug paraphernalia. No more free needles or crack pipes. Uphold the law. So place the listit drug users on a five to one to fifty hole for seventy two hours. It's involuntary. It's a psychiatric hold. Step three, stop boat body brokers. These are the NGOs that Blake and I rail against basically every day on this show, that are we think ruining America. They're fleecing the taxpayers, getting rich on it.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 5: Bring in the DEA that's target international drug cartels in the streets, and then build modern treatments facilities outside of residential communities so they don't bear the brunt of having a bunch of like homeless crackheads want around the schools in the parks. Okay, so he's got a whole plan to build those outside. What do you make of this five point plant?
Speaker 7: Jason Rants is brilliant for one simple reason. The left oftentimes talk about how we have to get innovative and all these None of what he just said is innovative. It's just basic stuff that's common sense. Is doing what every single person knows needs to be done, Like let's not hand out crack pipes. I know that that is crazy that how dare someone actually say that? But that's literally what's going on.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 7: Last year I went to the King County, Seattle Public Health office and I went in and I got a whole bunch of drug materials, drug paraphernalia. I got a crack pipe, I was given tinfoil to smoke fentanyl, all these different things. Perhaps we should stop giving that out to drug addicts and we should actually treat them. This whole idea that we should be handing out in narcan not because they want to get people into treatment, but so that they can continue to use without dying from an overdose. They like to say all the time that we don't want to stigmatize drug addiction. I do want to stigmatize drug use, simple as that. I want to stigmatize that because it's going to kill these people. And I would rather have someone harmed quote unquote because they had their feelings hurt, that we call them out for being a drug user, that have them die on our streets. And so everything that he is proposing there is going to be seen as controversial to the folks who make a whole lot of money when you've got drug addicts on our streets, that there's this a homeless industrial complex that is real, that exists, and they're the ones who are pushing the harm reduction model. For those of the don't know, harm reduction is essentially a strategy, they say, to reduce the harm of illicit substance abuse so that you can get someone into treatment.
Speaker 9: The problem.
Speaker 7: Of course, on paper that sounds great. In reality, they never get anyone into treatment. They don't push treatment, They simply push making it quote unquote safer to continue to use drugs because they don't want to stigmatize the drug user. It is a failed policy and it's exactly why we're seeing the crisis on the ground as bad as we're seeing it across the country.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the third worlding of the United States starts with allowing chaos, drug use, crime, filth to reign supreme. And if you look at just spending totals, you would think that the Democrats really do care, because they do throw a lot of money out.
Speaker 4: I assure you they care.
Speaker 6: They care because as you said, the homeless industrial complex, like last year Los Angeles, they paid it.
Speaker 4: They spent about four hundred and eighteen million.
Speaker 6: Dollars on stuff that you'd say is homeless related. Well, you just run the numbers by the addicts, that's something like fifteen twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: It's the homeless person, it depends.
Speaker 6: You can take it over long times and all the stuff that and do it billions, certainly billions if you include what the hospitals have to pay for it, what a lot of institutions end up shelling out, but just the government there, and that money is obviously not going to the homeless individuals. It's going to these NGOs that are fighting homelessness. I'd be tempted to add a sixth point to this, which he probably won't, but a six point friend in homelessness might as well be cut anti homelessness spending to zero. You can have law enforcement budget, you can have drug enforcement budget, you can have treatment centers for people who addicted, but anything that's going to be branded as fighting homelessness.
Speaker 4: I would posit that there is a direct relationship.
Speaker 6: The more you spend on fighting homelessness, the more homeless people you have. You are funding an apparatus of parasitic individuals who don't want to end homelessness, who want to enable all of those suicidal behaviors. La Is spent over the past decades billions of dollars fighting homelessness.
Speaker 4: What's the result.
Speaker 6: They have sixty thousand homeless people in LA County, six forty thousand in Los Angeles itself. That would be the I think that would be the second largest city in the state.
Speaker 5: I'm from South Dakota. So what's interesting though, is his tone. He's saying, you would never do this to your son or daughter, You would never do this to a family member, you would never enable their addiction. And he's saying, guess what, We're going to use the laws on the books to mandate like these arrests. Basically, he's saying that the laws aren't exists where we can take these people off the streets, force them to get clean, use these better drugs to force you know that they don't relapse. But we're not doing that right now. It calls it a donut hole. So it's compassion with practical you know, accountability and application of the current laws.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be reality? When's the thing?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you don't really have to do anything beyond what you can do right now. But you're choosing not to. Arguably the only thing you need to do is maybe put some more resources into detox facilities, because unfortunately they have chosen not to do that up until this point. But you've got all the laws on the books that you need. You just need enforcement. You need actual enforcement. And oftentimes, you know, every once in a while, they'll be like a sweep of some homeless encampment, whether it's la or Seattle or anywhere else. But you're not pushing them into treatment. You're just pushing them literally in some cases, across the street for them to reset a new camp. And then you say, oh, look we've made our contact, we've offered them resources, but they're not going to take you up on your resources. If you make it so easy to continue to be a homeless drug addict, you actually have to have a carrot and stick approach. In every single jurisdiction that has done that, and that includes San Diego, in some cases, Austin, Marysville, Washington, they actually take a harder line approach to this and they see actual data. Orange County is another great example. If you are right now in this nonprofit space and you're working with the homeless and you're getting these big contracts. I'm okay with nonprofits getting the contracts. You actually have to show that you have results, and so if you've been in charge this entire time and homelessness has gotten worse, you do not get to continue cashing those checks. I want these groups to understand they need to put themselves out of business. But you've got a lot of groups that continue to get a whole lot of money because they know that homelessness doesn't have to get better under their watch. They have job security. I want to take away that job security. And the most dedicated people are the ones who know that they're going to try to put themselves out of work when they approach homelessness with the actual end goal of ending it.
Speaker 5: Well, listen, I think Spencer pratz arun in a great campaign, Jason. Check them out at seattlered dot com. Keep up the good fight, my friends. We've all been told to eat fruits and vegetables forever, but nobody really explained why. What if I told you that plants have their own nutrition and that it might be better for you than a lot of processed stuff. We've added if nutrition feels overwhelming, it helps to take a step back and zoom out. When you eat whole foods, you're getting what's called phido nutrients, natural compounds your body uses to adjust, repair, and to respond. Every single day stresses. Balance of Nature takes real produce and runs it through a tailored vacuum cold process that stabilizes that phyto nutrition. Their whole health system combines fruits and vegetables and fibers and spice, giving you forty seven whole food ingredients, and their phyto nutrition is one simple routine. Their new freeze dried snacks go through a similar process, so your snacks can be whole based, whole food based instead of just empty calories. Whole food phyto nutrition plus Balance of Nature helps you fight the good fight. Save over thirty percent when you subscribe at balanced nature dot com join hundreds of thousands of customers in one simple routine that's changing the world. You can get an additional ten percent off your order just by using the discount code Charlie when you purchase at Balance of nature dot com. That's discount code Charlie for ten percent off your order. Rich Bars Big Data Pole. He's also the author of the book Burn It Down, which is quite the title, But Rich, you've been doing okay, So I wanted to have you on this show because there's been so much made of this Massy fight and you've been kind of waving the banner out there saying increasingly there is this disconnect between America First and MAGA, those who identify as America First versus MAGA. Now I have a perspective on this and what's really happening, but I want to.
Speaker 2: I want to pick your brain.
Speaker 5: What do you think is driving more and more people identifying as America First as opposed to MAGA.
Speaker 9: Well, Andrew and has always thanks for having me on. I think the I think the Massy defeat settled a lot of this for me and what's going on. Look, I think that MAGA has changed, and you know, who identifies as MAGA has changed. In the case of Thomas Massey, that was that was a problem for him because they changed into older white voters who tend to vote at higher rates and primaries. And if you are still wanting, if you're not a traditional Republican and you lean to the right, you may be mad and upset about some things that have been going on. So when you get the chance, you'll identify as America first instead, and I think that is an issue for the Republican Party. A midterm was always going to be tough. And Andrew, we talked so much in twenty four about the low prop voters. Getting these low proposition voters out. Propensity voters out and under forty five millennials and down were so key to Donald Trump winning and that was always going to be a challenge.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is what I want to get into here.
Speaker 5: Okay, because yeah, I texted you and we talked a little bit, and I said, I'm tempted Rich to say you were wrong about massive.
Speaker 2: You're like, I wasn't wrong.
Speaker 11: Ed.
Speaker 5: I mean no, but okay, because you had it at about fifty to fifty. To be fair, you it either way. But what happened that surprised you in that race?
Speaker 9: Okay, So this is why I called it at fifty to fifty. Even though any posters pulled Republican primaries knows that you should drop out younger people and make sure the old electorate. Why we didn't do that, It was the entire point is because Kentucky four is filled with young voters who do vote in primaries. They have vote history, so we gave them the benefit of the doubt and kept them in there. All right. So it goes to what I'm what I'm saying here. I guess it I was wrong because the problem with young voters is worse than I thought it was, which isn't what people want to hear. But we have seen this in other races, and it's why I was, you know, telling my people as we were doing the poll and doing the videos, I was really reluctant, like I was pretty certain that that would you know that this would be my first miss, because it is my first miss, all right.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just going to make sure I'm translating it for the layman at home. So you were looking at the numbers, and we saw this that every group under sixty five favored Massy significantly, like it wasn't even close. Actually over sixty five that you could call them the boomer cons, you can call the fox cons, whatever you want to call them. They that group favored Galleran by like a sizeable margin. It was like a tale of two of two electrics. It was over sixty five and under sixty five. You're saying, what happened was you were including in your poll predictions that the younger voters were going to turn out in something similar to what we saw in the mid term. Because Massy had great appeal with young people, you figured that Massy would be enough to overcome the nihilism, but he wasn't. They still didn't turn up and turn out for this primary. And why do you think they didn't show up? So, and what ended up happening was over sixty five over indexed. They punched above it. Wait twenty points.
Speaker 9: Twenty points guys, So they're twenty five of registered Republicans sixty five and above, they're gonna come in at forty five percent. Uh. The Generation X and this was the Trump people that they do this this like mo and they're very good at it. They target specifically that sixty two and above. And then if they're hitting gen X, it's low propensity gen X that they know are loyal to the president. So, and I mean on the older end of that guy is so like the fifty five to sixty one, right, So they nailed it, and they did incredible. So even getting that side of gen X out. See you can even see this there. Even gen X supported Massey slightly. But what I think we're going to learn that they probably slightly supported Goulrin because the Trump campaign did such a good job getting out just their gen xers. And this is the risk I took, Brother, This was the risk I took thirty five million dollars almost like let's call it thirty two uh spent in a primary, which is ungodly. Sometimes when you're doing that, it can backfire and you target those ads to the old Fox boomer Cohn. But because the race gets so much national attention, it ends up backfiring and you wind up driving higher turnout up Anyway, the eighteen to twenty nine's we all or five percent of the vote they're gonna fall to like to Andrew, I'm not even kidding. So they are normally eight percent in a Republican primary.
Speaker 5: That's the eighteen or twenty nine in that race was an eighty twenty split. It's a eighty percent in favor of Massy, twenty percent for Golrin. YEA, yeah, you're telling me they're gonna come. They're only gonna count for two percent of the primary electorate.
Speaker 9: There, I'm telling I'm telling you, when all this is said and done, they're usually six to eight and in some cases could rise as high as ten. They make up fourteen percent of the overall registered vote, but they did not vote. It's and thirty to forty four, they're like twenty three and I guess I bet you they come in at like eleven.
Speaker 5: And sorry, I don't mean to talk over you, Rich. I'm just so fast that this topic so obviously at turning point, that's what we're focused on, the young people.
Speaker 2: And I've been warning people.
Speaker 5: I've been trying to like shape people, saying like, we've got nihilism setting setting it. Yeah, it's not that A lot of it's not that it's not our kids. It's the kids that are interacting with it tabling, right, It's the kids that come up to their booth and they go defend Epstein, defend the Iran war, and it's like it's like you're talking to a wall. So my point is like the larger gen Z electorate, is is it just that you're seeing that they opt out and you you were actually a little bit more optimistic. You're like, hey, they still believe because it's massy.
Speaker 2: Is it so massy? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is it so nihilistic? Is it so black pilled that they're just like screw it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I think that guys, this primary answered that there was one hundred and five thousand votes sixty five plus is is gonna end up being you know, a ridiculous share of that. There are only seventy two thousand of them registered in that district. They voted at extremely high rates, and people under forty five did not. I mean, if they're not gonna come out for mass see, we have a huge problem. And this is not something that hasn't happened elsewhere. We've actually seen this in primaries and in specials now for the last two almost going on.
Speaker 5: It's gonna hear yeah, Rich, what about like Indiana primaries where where we got rid of all those those the rhinos like, is the same thing there? What about the what about the Paxton Cornyn Wesley Hunt?
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, I mean meaning old they It wasn't a terrible turnout for Republicans. And this is what I was trying to explain to people when I saw that Democrats out voted Republicans in Texas. It's not that it was a terrible, normal primary turnout in Texas for Republicans. It was terrible compared to what we knew we needed to do with the coalition. After twenty four there were challenges like, you can't going along to get along without Donald Trump on the ballad is not going to work. We have to start to see evidence that without Trump on the ballad, these younger people still come out, these non white people still vote. They're not. I mean, it would give you this stat before because why race matters too, because the younger and you guys know this, you know, older America is whiter, Younger America is less white. So when you see in twenty four, forty two percent of Hispanics in Georgia pulled Democratic ballads. Now compared to the last Tuesday, seventy five percent of Hispanics put coupled on top of New Jersey which we saw this too, coupled on top of Texas, which we got blown out in Trump's Hispanic southern Texas counties. This is a massive problem. You can't drive with white way men.
Speaker 2: What's what's driving again?
Speaker 9: What they wanted domestic agenda? Andrew they wanted a domestic agenda. And it's funny because we did this huge study immigration out and dealing with ice even long before it became news headlines and they weren't happy, and they wanted some things changed. But immediately the conventional wisdom so, well, it's because of how we were deporting people, And it's not. If we changed a few things on how deportations were being handled, they would have been perfectly fine with it. They still majority support deep mass deportations. Hispanic Americans, guys, they still majority support it. It's just that they felt that this administration after three maybe five months, just completely gave up on the domestic agenda. I mean, there's no I can't glaze it, you know, like that, that's it.
Speaker 5: They want to talk about affordability, economic affordability.
Speaker 2: Yep, so do you think.
Speaker 5: I mean, the breaking news today is that Walsh is taking over it as FED chairman. Trump's promising that he's gonna, you know, super growth of the economy, new POV, getting rid of Jerome Powell. I mean, those are the right messaging notes to hit that, you know, change is coming, a regime change at the FED. Maybe we can supercharge some growth. These happened soon, though, These happened soon.
Speaker 9: Really eight hours late, you know, it's May twenty second, the hours late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't disagree, Rich, I don't disagree.
Speaker 5: You know what's crazy here, Rich, I'm just saying in this I guess this new Fox News poll, eighteen to twenty nine year olds are minus nineteen on border security being better now than under Biden. Yeah, what the heck do you make of that?
Speaker 2: Like, that's like, that's just anger. That doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 9: It doesn't. And honestly, our registered voter economic confidence index I saw it with others I think was gallop and the consumer sentiment Index. We know for a fact the border is better under Donald Trump. We know for a fact that certain economic indicators, including inflation, is better under Donald Trump. It's maybe not great, it's not what they want to see, but we know it's better. I mean, it was a period in twenty twenty two. I believe it was May of twenty two when we shot up to nearly ten percent on one month for inflation. So this is anger. This is because Joe binding about Joe Biden didn't run on putting America first and putting affordabil first, and you know, fixing the economy, going back to the pre COVID economy, which is an unfair expectation of Donald Trump to just come in and wave like this magic wand and put it back to a pre COVID economy. COVID structurally damaged our economy. So I feel like that was an unfair expectation. But as the job of a campaign, and then as a White House's job, you know, from a messaging point of view, that's your job to frame that correctly so people understand that and don't hold too high of expectations of you. And they haven't done that. But this is just because they listen, guys, I said this the other night, and it I didn't. It stuck, and I hope it did. We need to start to appreciate the level of despair and desperation almost that a lot of these younger voters had and took with them to go vote for Donald Trump and JD.
Speaker 2: Vance.
Speaker 9: A lot of these voters, especially under forty five, felt like, these guys, this ticket was the last chance at riding the ship renewing American prosperity and getting their American dream back. And they feel like their inheritance has been squandered by a selfish older generation and a ruling class who does it at their expense, and they're they're pissed, they're mad.
Speaker 4: I mean it's not.
Speaker 12: I mean that's I have tried now for months to try to get people to understand and try to get people to see and now, unfortunately we're starting to see the we're bearing the fruits of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, you've got a new polling out, Rich, out of Minnesota, which I think is interesting because you got this huge DOJ crackdown, you got the task Force hitting fraud, You've got all this kind of stuff going on, and you have a new poll here.
Speaker 2: Yet we just threw it up. What are we looking at here?
Speaker 5: Because you're pulling governor of Minnesota, which is an interesting the interesting thing for you to pull, Rich.
Speaker 9: It is I love pulling Minnesota. For those who have followed me for a long time, it is my great white whale. I have forever thought that Donald Trump was like the perfect candidate for on the Republican side to win the state of Minnesota. And I actually think that there are some potential bright spots in Minnesota in the midterms. You know where Republicans are looking around the map wondering where can we make gains. Well, you have a perfect narrative brewing for the governor of Minnesota. We did pull this, you know, to see where you know, Mike was Mike Lindell leads Lisadmouth, which is incredible. Lisa is the speaker, the Minnesota Speaker of the House of Representatives. And why does Mike Lindell lead her? Because the base is looking for a fight. They want a fight, and I think that's what it comes down to. They know Mike is, you know, outspoken, and they want somebody to stand up.
Speaker 5: So you're you're telling me, you're telling me the pillow guy, Mike Lindelle, my pillow is So I've okay, So just devil's advocate here, Rich, I've seen and by the way, we love Mike and Mike's Mike's a great fighter and a friend, no disrespect. I I just hadn't paid attention to this race yet, and you were telling me you got to look at it. I have seen some polls that have Mike down in the Yeah, so there are some that show him maybe running second or third place. Do you so you're your this is brand new off the off the press though, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that we came out of the field on the twentieth with this, you know, I mean, look it's too you know, it was tighter maybe than Nike's I honestly expected him to be running away with na I d But he's not the mic my pillow guy. Uh, he's the mic for election fraud fighter in the minds of a lot of Republicans. Yeah, you know Lisa leeds in And that's that's interesting you say that, because I do know somebody else that pulled it too, and also had Lindella up by by a little bit more than us. But yeah, you know, we're two points.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, what happens in a state like Minnesota. I mean, and I agree with you. The reason I wanted to go into this with you is because you got all this fraud tim wats against backs against the wall.
Speaker 2: People are fed up with it.
Speaker 5: It's become ground zero for so much of the left v Right fight in this country. The third worlding of America is like, you know, little Mogadishu is Minneapolis, Right, So you're kind of asking yourself, is this like one of these weird Trojan horde? Is this like a dark horse rather that that could kind of come out of the left field and surprise us come November? What happens with Trump's endorsement in a state like Minnesota.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and let me just before. With the endorsement, this race is over. I mean, Lindell takes like a twenty point lead. It's interesting you just brought up the Twin Cities. You know, Lisa leeds in the Twin Cities and Mike leads everywhere else. It's not like super super you know, blowout towards. There's a lot of votes even on the Republican primary, there's a lot of votes in the Twin Cities and Twin City urbs. But that goes to show you, you know, I mean, it's typical establishment support for an establishment candidate in and around the Twin City area and then everywhere else east, Central, the South, and north. Lindell leads. With Trump's endorsement. Yeah, I did give the I mean, I don't know if you guys got it. But with Trump's endorsement, what I noticed is that it's not just that some other candidates lose support. It's that the undecided really do shrink. They they they're cut in half. There's still a lot of undecideds in this race, a lot, and with Donald Trump coming out and giving his endorsement to Lindell, it blows it out of the water. Interestingly enough, and we didn't put it out yet. Interestingly enough, it doesn't really help other candidates.
Speaker 5: So of course it does. Itch just we got the graph right. So this is actually with Trump's endorsement. So if you did like before and after, you see they're relatively close. Trump's endorsement holds a lot of weight in this vie.
Speaker 2: It looks like it does.
Speaker 9: And there are a lot of Republicans in Minnesota who are Trump Republicans, which is weird because you think of Minnesota and you guys remember Bobby's world, don't you know Bobby? Right, Minnesota nice almost like Wisconsin. Dy's kind of thing. They they you know, there's two there really are two report Plican parties in Minnesota. There's the one that's been there, you know, the Senator Coleman, right, remember Norm there's that. There's that side of the Republican Party that Tim Oh my goodness, I'm sorry, Tim, I'm forgetting your last name. Welenti what was his name? You remember he's the governor for years and he ran but he wound up going down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Tim Paulentill, Tim plenty I was a great hope of twenty twelve until you know, the straw pol and no one had heard of Tim Polenti.
Speaker 9: That's it. And and then you have the new era, which is interesting because again this is a perfect prime prime. I think it's primed the state of Minnesota. You have hundreds of thousands of Trump voters who are difficult to get out in a mid term, and if Republicans did ever focus on getting them mount those are Trump like Republicans in Minnesota, then they would win. If they would pay more attention to this state. Guys, they may be pleasantly surprised. Twenty sixteen was a hair even twenty four got much closer. It's not a state that I think republic should get.
Speaker 5: Fascinating Pole. I do agree it could be a dark horse. We should pay more attention to it. Rich Bears bigs out of Pole, the People's Pundit. Thanks my friend, We'll see you soon.
Speaker 9: Thanks brother, all the best.
Speaker 5: Hey everyone, I'm genuinely excited to share something that has made a significant difference in my own life. And if you experience brain fog, low energy, frequent illnesses, or wake up feeling stiff and achy, you've got to try strong sell. This was Charlie's favorite supplement and he took it every single day. He would talk about it on the show and even travel the country with it, which is what I do. So for me, strong cell helps keep my mind sharp and focused. It provides clean, natural energy without jitters, weird spikes, or afternoon crashes. I genuinely feel like a younger version of myself, like high school version energy.
Speaker 2: I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 5: People would ask Charlie what is strong cell exactly. Strong cell is a nutritional supplement that leverages a remarkable enzyme called NADH. Think of it as the power source for every living sell in your body. With over thirty trillion cells working for you, imagine how great you could feel when they're all functioning at their best. Unfortunately, as we age our bodies, NADH levels naturally decline, leading to various ailments and health issues linked to poor cellular health. Unlike many supplements that simply mix ingredients and hope for the best, Strong sell employs a proprietary delivery system designed to ensure those ingredients effectively get into your bloodstream where they can make a difference. This is crucial, as many supplements on the market are just pretty packaging without real benefits. Here's the exciting part, though, you can try strong Cell completely risk free.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: Thanks to Strong Cell's ninety eight money back guarantee, you can experience this revolutionary product without any hassles. If it's not for you, no problem, they'll refund your money. With approximately two million units sold, it's no wonder that NADH has become a highly.
Speaker 2: Sought after remedy.
Speaker 5: Remember what you put in your body matters, and you truly get what you pay for. Strong Cell doesn't cut corners. They only use the finest ingredients and adhere to the highest manufacturing standards. So if you're tired of feeling tired battling brain FuG we're simply not feeling like yourself. Check out Strong Cell today. Visit strong sal dot com and use code Charlie for twenty percent off your order. That's strong Sell dot Com promo code Charlie. Charlie always recommending giving strong Cells six day weeks to experience its full benefits, So do yourself a favor. Get strong Cell today and give it the time it needs to work its magic hour two on a Friday leading into Memorial Day. And we have special guests, Daisy Phelps, everybody's favorite.
Speaker 13: I've never sat in this chair.
Speaker 5: Everybody's favorite culture analyst, expert expert. You're basically the only one we have.
Speaker 4: We need to do another.
Speaker 6: We need another, no stupid questions in another pop culture power.
Speaker 2: We can do that. Yeah, and we have. We have Mikey McCoy joining.
Speaker 6: Us, him getting specials asking where is Mikey.
Speaker 4: I want to have the show again.
Speaker 14: I'm the NAZA special guest.
Speaker 5: That is not true. You were amazing. You were remarkable. You were incredible, and we love you and.
Speaker 2: It's so good to have you back back by popular demand.
Speaker 4: Ben Ben all over the place.
Speaker 2: You know, baby moon you you did a baby move. I did this amazing.
Speaker 6: Okay, I think that's our first public announcement that there would be a baby to moon over.
Speaker 14: Yes, yeah, yeah, there's a baby to moon over. It is funny though, how many people are like, what's a baby moon Like, it's like a.
Speaker 4: Millennial and below.
Speaker 2: It's like a millennial and below.
Speaker 5: So I want to get your emails now, Freedom at Charliekirk dot com, Freedom at Charliekirk dot com, send us your emails of what you want Mikey and Elizabeth to name their child.
Speaker 14: I was thinking Andrew Blake combined. Maybe we'll ask.
Speaker 13: For me that she had be turning point baby, so you can't take that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, that turning.
Speaker 6: Turning point baby, that's what gonna name something gotten away blandrew that sounding okay, I'm putting a stop.
Speaker 2: You can call it Drake.
Speaker 4: That sounds like a name someone might come up with too.
Speaker 2: Drake like the meme.
Speaker 14: No, like the rapper because he's like low key conservative now he is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like following JD.
Speaker 14: On Instagram liking conservative.
Speaker 4: Do you follow this culture person?
Speaker 13: I have no idea what talk.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm teaching the pop culture guru something right now.
Speaker 13: That's crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Cabooz goes. Yeah. But Drake is Canadian. That's a good point. Yeh, super fair point.
Speaker 5: So listen, it is our ask us anything our. It's the last hour on Friday. I want to know what you guys are planning for Memorial Day. So if you don't watch the Our Thought Crime Show on Thursday, we did it last night.
Speaker 2: We put it on the podcast on Saturdays.
Speaker 5: We had a whole conversation about America two fifty and how there was a perception that maybe the response the celebration is more muted than the bi centennial in nineteen seventy six, where it seemed to take over the whole country.
Speaker 2: I am not black on.
Speaker 5: The two point fifty. I think it's going to be great. I think we're just getting into the swing of things. Memorial Day really is the kickoff. So that's hopefully you know where we're at. But anyway, send your questions in join us members dot Charliekirk dot com. You can join us on this call. Do we have what's our first question? Danny? David, David, Welcome to the Charlie Kirkshow mute yourself and what's your question?
Speaker 15: My question is, first of all, thanks for what you do. My question is you talked about I wanted to know a little bit more about the Thomas Massey loss and what's your what's your thoughts on that?
Speaker 5: I got so many thoughts. You know, it's interesting, David. I've been accused. I think the organization has been accused. Eric has been accused of betraying Charlie by not coming out and endorsing one way or the other and not being more involved.
Speaker 2: In that race.
Speaker 5: I will tell you, and I haven't said this publicly, but the and I know, this isn't necessary a question, but it's an opportunity to address it. But you know, after the one Big Beautiful Bill vote, you know, and I want to.
Speaker 2: Respect Charlie's privacy as well.
Speaker 5: It's always the tension and all of this, you know, there's private conversations. Charlie was a fan of Thomas Massey especially historically. Liked him on war, liked him on budget, being a budget hawk and spending. But he was pretty frustrated that Massey didn't vote on in the affirmative on the Big Beautiful Bill because it was essentially the totality of President Trump's first year agenda wrapped into one bill. And I will just say privately, Charlie was really really frustrated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's the right way to put it.
Speaker 6: And I think he would have become more frustrated over the events of the past nine months, which is we lucked what MASSI said. We liked his libertarian credentials, liked him making the debt clock that ran on, and there's so many things too like about him. But he has, especially over the past few months, he's become the number one, let's put it, republic can gadfly Republican who gets on Trump's way criticizes Trump, and not just on debt or the war, but also on Epstein saying where there's this pedophile class that Trump is allied to, essentially, And I think Charlie would have been, as you said, very frustrated. He would have, And Charlie was not a guy who would feud publicly. He would have certainly been messaging Massy about that and being like, what's going on here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he would have. He would have been very concerned with it. But we don't know exactly what he'd say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's the US being honest about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I will tell you that I had some very candid conversations after the big beautiful Bill that where he voiced his frustration to me privately. I think you know that the big concern with the Massy vote is the breakdown in generations. We just had Rich Barrison and we were talking about it. What you saw was anybody under sixty five supported Thomas Massey, but they didn't show up, And so that's a huge, huge issue. And in our position sometimes we are sometimes our role is to be the voice of the gen Z voter.
Speaker 2: Eighteen to twenty nine.
Speaker 5: And sometimes our role is to try and encourage them in a better way of thinking, right, And so sometimes sometimes we're out here saying, hey, they've got a really good point, and it is the affordability crisis really hard. They're not economic incumbents. They don't have a leg up, they don't have their securities, they don't have their stocks and bonds and their properties. So you got to find a way to help them get into the get their foot in the door.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a valid critique.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's where we get to be the voice of gen Z and sort of try and make their voice louder, make people in power understand and listen and acknowledge it. When it comes to Epstein and I'm open and listen, I've been a little bit more in the Me and Blake kind of have a difference.
Speaker 2: Go back, Yeah, we go back and forth.
Speaker 5: Blake is very much like, there's no there there and it's you know, at least not the blackmail ring of pedophiles for the billionaire class. And I've been more open to like, Okay, did he work with the CIA, who was involved, who was enabling him? But I do think on a bigger level when I'm trying to encourage gen Z, It's like, we have to deal in the realm of facts. There's too many people that are dealing in conspiracies and kind of going off the rails. Here in the realm of facts is that Trump has been vindicated in a lot of ways. This guy was a creep Trump early saying, hey, he's messing around with young girls. Here go check him out. He was willing to work with authorities, work with the FBI early on. There's embarrassing stuff in there. People have been forced to resign. If there's criminal stuff there, want I want it addressed, absolutely. But in terms of this larger conspiracy where it's like five D chess and you've got you know, Masonic temples and colts and like the Knights, Templar and Israel all like boiler, it's just like it's not what the data points to yet or ever. Maybe and maybe there's a part where we're just not gonna know and it's not an issue worth blackpilling about.
Speaker 2: You look at MASSI. Rich Barry said that the young.
Speaker 5: People just start showing up his models were wrong because he assumed some we're gonna show up because it's massy. The young people like Massy, but they didn't. And so what I'm saying, my message to the to the Massy young supporters is like, do not blackpill over one race. I mean Massi's not going anywhere. He's gonna be a podcast or maybe he runs for president. Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Do not give up on America because you're upset about Epstein.
Speaker 6: And I think there's a real thing to be said for a it has to be like a defeatist mindset in the country that people we only talk about victimhood culture and that manifests personally, but it manifests politically as well. To say, ooh, President Trump betrayed us on everything, well, no, President Trump has delivered on the border in a big way. He delivered on no tax on tips, no tax on Social Security. He's delivered one dei weaponization of government. Like, he's done a ton of things that he promised to do. And I should add, frankly, he actually didn't really campaign on the Epstein supporters does.
Speaker 5: He was asked about it once in an interview and he said, I'd be inclined to make it public. And then when he felt like the jig was up and it was being used as a political hot potato against him. He started getting more animated against it. Just really quick breaking news Toulsi Gabbard. Toulsi Gabbard has resigned from her role as Director of National Intelligence. Her husband, Abraham, has been diagnosed with an extremely rare form of bone cancer, and so this appears to be why she's leaving now. There's been a lot of speculation about whether she was going to make it through the midterms. I've been hearing privately. I don't know if that was why the rumors began in the first place, but certainly I've met her husband.
Speaker 2: He's really a tremendous.
Speaker 5: Guy and just very lovable, very solid, not seeking the limelight.
Speaker 2: So God bless him.
Speaker 5: We pray for him, We pray for Tulsi Gabbard as she pays the tension that her family needs right now. It seems so kind of a sad reason for that to be happening, certainly, and.
Speaker 13: Says effective June thirtieth, You.
Speaker 5: Just you never know how many days you got, and you got to take care of your health, and when something like this happens with your family, I totally support this.
Speaker 2: It's such a difficult role.
Speaker 5: By the way, Dn, I, you're basically, you know, babysitting all the intel agencies that don't want to be babysat.
Speaker 6: Don't want to be babysad, don't want to be policed, don't want to listen when you tell them to do things.
Speaker 4: Do you ever replace us?
Speaker 6: Or we want someone who will boss them around and bully them because the agencies are in need of that.
Speaker 4: They are very out of control.
Speaker 6: And let's be real, they think they should be above democratic policing, above control.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I couldn't agree with you more.
Speaker 5: And I mean it's one of those things where I just I really I know Abraham and so it's hard to hear this story and not make it personal. He's legitimately a great guy. I want to get a picture of him up there. That's why I'm I'm looking down at my computer here. He's he's a surfer, he's a filmmaker. I mean, he's like he is the most quintessentially Hawaiian dude that you can imagine.
Speaker 2: And so he's just great. So we really do.
Speaker 5: Pray for him, and and I think he's he's the strength oftentimes that Tulci's needed in one of the most difficult jobs in Washington. So yeah, God bless him and we pray they're okay.
Speaker 13: Confirmed, Her last days expected to be June thirtieth, so she has what a month left?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: So a month left with Tulsi, which should be enough time to hopefully get somebody else up and run again. It's the most incredibly difficult job. Do we still have David on Yeah, I'm still here, all right, David. Do we answer your question when we're talking about Thomas Massey?
Speaker 12: Definitely?
Speaker 2: Definitely good good points.
Speaker 14: There, Mikey, you got a point to make, No, Yeah, I just I was sharing in the break about how Bill Monk, one of Charlie's mentors. There's this story, Charlie you'd always tell about how Bill walked into his office one day and he was talking about like mutinies employees and people in politics, and he goes, Charlie, very important lesson insubordination must never be tolerated. And then Charlie goes, then he says, now, let's drink Starbucks.
Speaker 4: And that's like the story. But when you have.
Speaker 14: Two hundred and eight used be eighteen, it's two hundred and seventeen now members of Congress Republicans, and there's one president that leads the party. We can't afford to have even one of those two hundred and seventeen have their own agenda. And so even though I agree on like ninety five percent of the politics that Thomas Massey has, get in line. Like the president has an agenda. He was he was elected by the people to enact that agenda. And so get in line. And if you don't, then everybody knows who this president is. He's going to come after you. You will, like, all right, are we shocked that the President's going to primary you? Like everybody's moaning and ups set that he's not spending as much time fighting. Okay, it's it's Donald Trump.
Speaker 16: Like it.
Speaker 2: Are we surprised?
Speaker 13: You know, to circle back on to finish Andrew's point of the not black pilling. While we were sitting here, I looked at black pill in Charlie. No black pilling. Stop black pilling would walk.
Speaker 4: Through the office.
Speaker 13: No more black pilling today at it.
Speaker 4: I really want to get one that's amazing.
Speaker 6: I really want to get to this next question though, because I think it's a very rich one. I think we have Mick next, I meet yourself, Yes, sir, really quick.
Speaker 17: I'd like to pay my respects to Kyle Busch, one of the greatest NASCAR drivers to ever do it, greatest of this millennium, absolutely over the two hundred wins, a real culture icon and on the culture.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, go ahead, Oh I was just gonna say I I didn't.
Speaker 6: I'm not a big NASCAR watcher, but even I knew who Kyle Busch was and when I loved about him because I knew this fact was he was a NASCAR driver. He could win the National Championship, but he raced in the two lower levels, even the truck racing, which is like level three, because he just loved racing so much. The guy wanted to go race win as many as he could. A lot of people have noticed his last race win. He's talking and almost in tears, like you never know when your.
Speaker 4: Last one will be. Let's play this and I really admire that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Kyle Bush, your sixty ninth victory in this series, your fifth right here?
Speaker 4: Why do these moments never get old?
Speaker 16: Kyle?
Speaker 18: Because you never know when the last one is, you know, so uh.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, really touching, and it looks like, from what reports has suggested is that he was suffering potentially from a form of pneumonia and he just kind of battled through it and he didn't he didn't go into the hospital soon enough.
Speaker 6: He was found non responsive, like you just you think it's a bad cold and suddenly you I've seen people describe it suddenly like you're breathing through a coffee straw.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was so sad, that is, But yeah, please with your question, Mick.
Speaker 19: Sorry, Yeah, I mean, you know, with Kyle Bush, he was just a cultural icon to many Americans, and with the culture, I think conservatives until very very recently struggled to get into that main national spotlight. And I think the first bit we saw that happening was with Matt Walsh's documentaries back in twenty twenty two and twenty three, And so I just asked, like, why do you think for that period of time, and even still a lot of conservatives today, why do you think we struggled with that getting into that main spotlight when it's not necessarily being political.
Speaker 13: I mean, I think, to be honest, we all know a big player and that was Charlie like making conservatism cool again. I remember we would always joke with him. The kids started to tell him he had riz and he didn't know what that meant, and they all thought he was with his cough drops that it was like nicotine pouches, And they all thought he was cool because he was so close tonag to them and could speak their language.
Speaker 5: As an advocate of truth, you know that women shouldn't have to share locker rooms with men, women shouldn't have to compete against male athletes, and they shouldn't be punished for speaking the truth. But across America, that's exactly what's happening. Men are being allowed to compete in women's sports, robbing girls of scholarships, medals, titles, and safety. Now, the US Supreme Court has heard two cases West Virginia VBPJ and Little v. Heacocks that could decide the future of women's sports nationwide. This could be a watershed moment in the fight to protect biological reality and fairness. Alliance Defending Freedom needs your voice today. Visit JOINADF dot com slash Charlie. That's join ADF dot com slash Charlie, or text Charlie to eight three eight four eight that's Charlie to eight three eight four eight to add your name to their declaration and side with the truth and fairness that's JOINADYF dot com slash Charlie or text Charlie to eight three eight four eight. What starts in women's sports spreads to school medicine, parental rights. This is our moment to push back. Stand with the lions, defending freedom, stand with women.
Speaker 2: Do it today.
Speaker 5: JOINADF dot com slash Charlie.
Speaker 13: We still have.
Speaker 6: Mix Mix's wondering yeh yeah, Mick.
Speaker 13: Tell you know are We were talking about it in the break and we were discussing how I think your right conservative used to struggle to be in the realm of pop culture. And I think also a lot of it was just like coming from an air of like looking down on it's all bad. It's all because it was very dark for a long time, and there were a lot of things to point out that are wrong. But I think one when good things happen in pop culture, we all need to take a look and like praise those things and say, hey, this is a great thing. Same when Taylor Swift got engaged, Charlie said, this is a great thing. We need to celebrate this. We don't need to be nice about everything. But then we're talking about how relevant podcasters have become now, like SNL doing they have on their weekend update, they have a Tuger Carlson impersonator now, and it's just everything has become mainstream to just be a podcaster, like it's a stick now. So I think it has become.
Speaker 5: Netflix has a whole podcast section, Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yes, with with Jake Shane and they. It's like just podcasting has become so got a lot. It's become so overly saturated. I think the people point that out a lot where it's not. I don't know that it's just cool now, it's more just like a normal thing. I don't know how much more invested we can get in. I'm trying to think culture because podcasters are the majority, but.
Speaker 6: That's only one subset, because I think a big part of pop culture, a lot of it. We're talking about movies, we're talking about television, we're talking about books, music that music that a lot of that is, let's be frank, it's still very much comes off as a left wing monoculture.
Speaker 4: And that includes stuff that, let's be frank, objectively, is pretty good.
Speaker 6: Like when if you look at the absolute best movies of the year that even conservatives like to watch. Often they're by pretty liberal individuals, and conservatives have wanted to break into that many times.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think I've been around the block three or four times on Oh, conservatives, we're going to make movies that aren't overtly conservative, they're just but they're made by conservatives, and they're just as good as the stuff left wingers make. And it's been mixed results a lot of the time, and I do wonder why we've struggled to do that, and because we have talented people, we have smart people, and there's been more than one case even where a talented conservative writer or film producer or something has has moved in that direction and then suddenly the stuff they make goes down in quality.
Speaker 4: And it's very.
Speaker 5: Frustrating my issue, and I spend a lot of time in Hollywood. I would say that when you try and force feed ideology into film or TV, it gets worse. That this happens with the libs too. This is why they can't make movies nearly as well as they did in the eighties and nineties, right because they're trying to jam their ideology into what should just be good stories, right, And so I would just caution anybody who's doing now, if you're doing what Hillsdale's doing, you're doing a documentary about the revolution, that's great, that's the perfect context and platform to do that from.
Speaker 2: But just tell good stories.
Speaker 5: I keep mentioning this. I'm watching a show called Widow's Bay right now. It's not liberal or I know it's a weird name.
Speaker 2: It's a horror comedy. Horror comedy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just it's listen, it's it's actually pretty scary. I wouldn't recommend it for under a certain age, but like it's just good. It's just good, And I think that's great, you know what I mean. I mean, but you just make good content, tell good stories. If you are conservative or a traditional American or you're Christian, your your your stuff is going to weave in to the way they talk, the way they make decisions, the way your character arcs play out. So I say, stop putting the pressure on you to make overtly conservative stuff, make good stories. And really, at the end of the day, like our culture is going to reflect the values of its people, so we need to be doing a better job evangelizing people, pushing revival, telling people to repent for the Kingdom of God is near, going to church, having a family, raising good kids, those things. The more we do that as a culture, through the podcasting realm, through the pulpit, through news, through whatever platform we have, I think culture is going to get healthier. Therefore our art will also start reflecting a healthier culture.
Speaker 13: Wait, I think, Sarana your question, the answer why we struggle is because I think conservatives have stayed the same for a long time and the values of culture have gone the opposite direction.
Speaker 6: We should put some blame on liberals too, which is I think there's a lot of avenues to get in at the entry level of a lot of cultural output, and the left took over those, made them gary and they get kept them with. That was the whole It was like a compact article that we covered about white men just kind of.
Speaker 4: Getting purged out of everything.
Speaker 6: And you do need to get in at the entry level to really build up skills in a lot of cultural production. And so, for example, we don't get good conservative novels a lot of the time anymore because we don't get like any good novels from white dudes anymore.
Speaker 13: And then a question I think a lot of people have is, Okay, do we just if liberals have taken over, do we back away and make our own stuff? Or do we still try?
Speaker 5: And in general, I may infiltrate the institution's guy.
Speaker 2: I'm not a retreat guy, and.
Speaker 13: I think there are conservatives completely on both sides of that argument, which is good because we do need people that are making wholesome alternative content, alternative products for economies.
Speaker 6: Yes, we have to open a you know, a book publishing and TV production house in Bulgaria or something where we can evade.
Speaker 4: All DEI control.
Speaker 5: I think Hollywood is specifically really I mean Daily Wires an example that run into you know, problems trying to create a conservative inspired content. It's a big task to takes a lot of money, a lot of distribution. So when it comes to Hollywood in the arts, I think we have to infiltrate the existing institutions in my in my opinion, Ian is next.
Speaker 2: Ian, please unmute yourself. Welcome to the Charlie kirkshow Hey, good morning, guys. Are what's your question?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 10: I was I've been had the opportunity this later this year to go to Africa to preach, and I was you know, I don't have no fear in doubt, but my faith in God is greater than that. So I was curious about times in your life that God's called you to do something and how did you show courage? And also anecdotally, I'm sure you guys have stories about Charlie many times with that, so any of that would be appreciated.
Speaker 2: Mike, you want to start. Days you want to start, I've got one.
Speaker 13: Let's hear from Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Out of curiosity, where an Africa were you?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 10: Gonda Nice?
Speaker 6: I have some family who I think do do preaching missionary type stuff.
Speaker 4: And you gone to actual Yeah, there's a lot.
Speaker 5: Of Christians in Uganda and Kenya area. It's been evangelized. I mean you still get it's still dangerous, don't get me wrong, but.
Speaker 6: It's right on that line between actually Islam and Christianity and traditional beliefs, and so it's a place to be if you're going to preach.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, where mom Donnie's from.
Speaker 14: I've been to Uganda. This was my first mission's trip too. Great place. Yeah, I think for me is if the Lord is genuinely calling you to something, and you take that leap like there is no looking back. Like once you make the decision, you're all in and you kind of like have to constantly like read your Bible, continue to pray rely on the Lord, because the moment you stop doing that is the moment you start to detach yourself from your faith. And the moment you detach yourself from faith, you stop having faith in the mission that God puts you on.
Speaker 2: Rely on your own flesh.
Speaker 14: You rely on your own flesh, You start questioning why you're somewhere. You start questioning was this even the right decision. So once you make the decision being steadfast, honoring the Lord, continuing to just talk with him, pray rely on the Holy Spirit. I mean, I talk about this all the time. We say that the Lord, you know, it's the pinnacle of our lives, and that we rely on the Holy Spirit and all these things. But how often do you guys walk into meetings, How often do you guys walk into challenging situations just say, like, Holy Spirit speak to me, like Lord, please come and like offer your guidance and your wisdom, like James one to five. For those of you who lacks wisdom, ask of God who gives to all liberally, and with that reproach.
Speaker 4: Like just ask like how many times do we actually do that?
Speaker 14: And how hard is it to literally walk into a meeting and be like, Holy Spirit, come invade this place and let this be your meeting.
Speaker 2: Well, he asked me, of my instance, Sorry, Blake, what I was.
Speaker 6: Saying, He asked about Charlie, And I'd say, what stood out with me about Charlie is by certainly by the time I met him, which was late twenty twenty two, I feel, at least as I saw it, he was he was actually at this like perfect state of almost maybe eleving serenity. I think Charlie was very good about even in like difficult times. He was all he was a big believer. You create your own mental state and it's all on God. And he you didn't see him as much where he's like, oh, I'm struggling, and you know, let's do you know a prayer to have God, you know, to remember what's centering us. It was more like Charlie, it's like it's shone from him.
Speaker 2: It glowed all of the.
Speaker 4: Time the faith.
Speaker 6: I definitely saw him struggle at time maybe and if you saw it more than I did.
Speaker 4: You were with him every day.
Speaker 13: To Mikey's point, though, like Charlie did have that constant connection with God, like constantly reflecting back on his disciplines, on his scriptures, on his word to know that like no matter what was happening in his life, he did have that constant stream of connection to the Lord, and that's what grounded him. And I also you asked about courage too. I think back all the time to Charlie's podcast on the Ice Copy Hour when they didn't ask him, when they asked what he wanted to be known for. He didn't just say his faith. He said courage for his faith, like the willing to tell other people about it and put it all on the line and say this is the thing that I will bet my entire life on. And it's more than just oh, I want to be known for having a strong faith. It's for being willing to do anything.
Speaker 2: For that faith.
Speaker 4: And I would pervade everything.
Speaker 5: I would just say, Like Mikey, I remember a lot of instances where Charlie was struggling or was afraid, even especially in the earliers, and he kept overcoming them and fighting through and each time he would fight through a challenge, backs against the wall, all of a sudden it was like he got stronger. The next time he could tackle more. And so remember it's a process, it's not a straight line. You build up muscles for this stuff. This Mother's Day month, you can help make motherhood possible. If you've ever joined us providing ultrasounds and saving babies with preborn, thank you. There are babies alive today and mothers celebrating this year because of the gift of an ultrasound that helped her know the truth of the baby that was growing inside of Today, you can help another young woman choose life for just twenty eight bucks and that is just the beginning, the start of a two year long mentorship that includes services like free maternity clothes, baby clothes, diapers, strollers, cribs, formula, and so much more. And it all begins with that ultrasound you provide today. Because Preborn separately fundraises for administrative and overhead costs, one hundred percent of your gift goes directly to providing ultrasounds. So call or click right now and join us in saving babies and moms so that next year there's even more to celebrate, call eight three three eight five zero Baby that's eight three three eight five zero two two two nine, or click on the preborn banner at Charliekirk dot com. All right, I just want to say one final thing about the final question that we have a few more we gotta get to before the hours up. You asked what our moments were, and really, like I think we would all look around the room if I pose this question, But like when Charlie was killed, that was a moment where we all had to have courage that and dig deep because it was awful and we didn't know what was gonna come next. And I've told the story. I think I told it on Alex Clark's podcast, but like I literally had to like fall on the floor and repent because I just drafted behind Charlie. Charlie took all the slings and arrows, he did all the hard work, and we got to kind of like draft behind him. And you know, it didn't have to host a show every day, It didn't have to speak to students, didn't have go speak at events.
Speaker 2: Like Charlie did all that stuff. I just got to hang out with my family.
Speaker 5: It was awesome and that's you know, and so I had to sort of repent and say, God, you know, whatever you have for me in this season, I guess I just have to say yes. And I love the way Mikey said it that you just have to kind of decide to go all in and just say yes. And so that was, you know, Ultimately, we watched Charlie go through that time and time again and he got like I said, he got stronger as he did it, and it was really powerful to watch.
Speaker 2: Next question, we have? What do we have?
Speaker 13: Anthony?
Speaker 2: Anthony, Welcome to The Charlie Kirk Show.
Speaker 11: Thank you. So. First thing is, Danny said Andrew would have to wear a hat or a certain shirt today from a bet made one to two weeks ago. And Danny's supposed to be wearing the same thing too, because something from a bet he made with me the following the week after Andrew lost.
Speaker 2: I did. What did I lose?
Speaker 4: Sounds like is the Dodgers keep losing?
Speaker 2: Pa?
Speaker 11: No, you lost to my braves?
Speaker 5: Oh did I bet anything on that? Anthony Deane, We're gonna have to go back and review the tape and if I'm wrong, I will do it next week I will do it.
Speaker 16: Okay, Well, Deane's got to join you because he said his coupor are gonna be my braves a couple of days after and that didn't happen either.
Speaker 2: Wait, what are the braves that right now? I don't make thirty five, No.
Speaker 11: Thirty six and four.
Speaker 2: You guys are crushing.
Speaker 11: Thirty six and No.
Speaker 16: Thirty five and sixteen.
Speaker 13: Winning thirty five and sixteen.
Speaker 5: You guys have a winning percentage of six eighty six. But hey, the Dodgers thirty one and nineteen the six twenty winning percentage, and we just took two out of three against the Padres, who are.
Speaker 4: Sure he can't hit anymore? Though it's weird, what show he's not good at hitting Anymre hit a home.
Speaker 5: Run and didn't give up any He has a piece he might get like Cy Young this year. So anyways, all right, Anthony, what's your question?
Speaker 16: So my question is this, So we're seeing a lot of talk online regarding tics, just higher increase in the United States, actually in North America, and we're hearing about the lone star red tick, the deer ticks, and how like four hundred and fifty thousand Americans have gotten bitten by loan star red ticks, which.
Speaker 11: We're genetically engineered from what people are saying.
Speaker 16: By a former computer guy from Microsoft, and that they will infect you where you can't eat red meat and possibly dairy for the rest of your life. So the question is why is nobody talking about this or looking into.
Speaker 11: This, because isn't it kind of shouldn't we not be genetically creating ticks to do that?
Speaker 4: Blake, So this is interesting.
Speaker 6: You're right, it is getting more attention, and it's getting more attention because we haven't talked about it on the show. There's a paper that was published by two guys at Western Michigan University's School of Medicine, two guys, Parker Crutchfield and Blake Harrith, and they wrote this. It was published in twenty October of last year, and it was titled Beneficial Blood Sucking and it was some medical ethics paper that basically said suggested the idea that intentionally spreading that disease. It's called alpha gal syndrome, and it is an allergy you can acquire from a bite of that lone star tick, where it basically gives you an allergic reaction to red meat and I think dairy.
Speaker 4: Products as well.
Speaker 6: Basically, it's a lot of animal products you suddenly have an allergy to, and they suggest, well, if animal suffering is bad, then and we can reduce animal suffering by making everyone allergic to eating animals. We have The exact line was, if this practice can be applied to ticks carrying AHS, promoting the proliferation of tickborn alpha gal syndrome is morally obligatory. Now this does not prove anyone is intentionally spreading it. But if there are lib college professors writing papers about how it is morally obligatory to spread meat allergies, then what are you going to get out there? There could be someone who does that. We do have genetic research that is done on tics, and the threshold to do genetic research on things is going down all of the time. This has been brought up with AI, it's brought up with a lot of other technologies. We should be worried about this, and also it's a good reminder we should be we should be investing in the breakdown of all of our our checks on spreading pathogens. A lot of diseases are spreading that. Yeah, we've had diseases, they are spreading up like I think foot and mouth diseases made a comeback among animals.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's I got neurovirus.
Speaker 6: Anyway, we should genetic, We should do a crowd We should have a big government push to fund the extermination of this tech.
Speaker 4: We should make this tech.
Speaker 2: Well, Anthony, I gotta get to our last question.
Speaker 5: I'm so sorry, my friend. Okay, so thank you for the question. We got to get to Rob, Rob, Welcome to the Charlie Kirkshaw.
Speaker 18: Hey, guys, real quick, I appreciate you letting me on. So I think Spencer Prat's a really great example of kind of how pop culture and politics are really starting to blur the lines. I know, like President Trump did things. Heck, even my Senator Rick Scott's putting out AI videos right now, which is kind of crazy. But anyways, my question is, so, like, where's that balance between needing to stick out with like this type of political messaging which is obviously breaking through, versus like actually talking about legitimate issues and policy change. Like I couldn't tell you what Spencer Pratt's background is outside he is a reality start and already graduated from I don't know, policies. Yeah, I mean, I don't I don't know what he stands for, what he can do, or what his bat is.
Speaker 5: So he stands for a competent local governance, that's what he stands for, being like common sense, bringing back common sense to crime, filth, homelessness, city services budget. That that's essentially what his campaign is all about. And I would just say, where's the line. It's it's what whatever works, whatever the population is responding to, you got to like lean into and I would. I said publicly that I thought he was the best campaigner of his generation, and I stand by that. And then Erica actually tweeted about this yesterday.
Speaker 2: So I want to read the tweets. She says.
Speaker 5: Regardless of the outcome of Spencer Pratt's race, what he's doing is authentically American. See a problem, become a part of the solution. His campaign ads are unconventional, but that's the point. It's refreshing. Instead of speaking like a career politician, he's speaking as an American who sees and deeply understands how fragile the simple things in life are when leadership fails. This is what this country is all about. Out citizens willing to step into the political arena, unafraid and challenging a failing system, much like one that has destroyed Los Angeles. I hope moments like this inspire more Americans to throw their names into the mix, run for office, get involved, and stand up for what makes this country exceptional. Blake, final word to you? What is a chud and how is he is? Spencer Pratta Chudd?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Well, a chud is basically a person the left doesn't like because they are too cool and they are not with it on all.
Speaker 2: Of their issues. And you just do things.
Speaker 4: You just do things.
Speaker 6: You just do things, and you tell the left no, and you say I'm not gonna get bossed around.
Speaker 4: By that's offensive.
Speaker 15: You're not allowed to do that.
Speaker 6: If you roll your eyes at that and say, oh, that's cool, I'm gonna do it anyway, you're a chud.
Speaker 13: Wait really quickly, we have a couple of seconds left. I want to hear from the other resident Californian.
Speaker 9: What do you think?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 14: I think we should all go to California and vote illegally because they're not going to check.
Speaker 2: Our y yay, disavow disavow mostly uh. Thank you for that question.
Speaker 18: Rob for more on many of these stories and news you can trust, go to charlikirk dot com