Speaker 1: Welcome to today's podcast sponsored by Hillsdale College, All Things Hillsdale Hillsdale dot ed or I encourage you to take advantage of the many free online courses there, and of course I'll listen to the Hillsdale Dialogue all of them at hugh for Hillsdale dot com or just Google, Apple, iTunes and Hillsdale. Good Morning, Glory and Amy Greats a Maridam. He he at broadcasting today from the campus at Colorado Christian University in Lakewood, Colorado. Sort of a return to home from me. I taught here ten years ago when the late Senator Bill Armstrong requited me to the campus, and she had lots of old friends, lots of old students who are not so young anymore. I'll talk with a few of them to the program, but first let's begin with updates on the war. President Trump spoke this morning with podcaster Jake Paul cut number one this country.
Speaker 2: I mean, we did this excursion.
Speaker 3: We had to do it. Wipe out evil.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you have evil, and for forty seven years they've been killing people, you know, in the.
Speaker 3: Most violent way.
Speaker 2: The roadside bombs all over the place was ninety five percent of them are from Iran and Salomoni that was the one which took him out. We did a lot of things to beat two bombers and all of this whole thing that we're doing now is people have waited for forty seven years for it to happen, so we have to do it right. But our military has been unbelieved.
Speaker 3: He's so right.
Speaker 1: We are winning decisively. We have not yet achieved a decisive win. We have to stay the course. I think the President is intent on doing that to reduce the military capability of Iran to threaten its neighbors, destroy their nuclear weaponry program, destroy their ability to protect and restart again.
Speaker 3: And we are doing that.
Speaker 1: Moreover, the USSS Tripoli, which is a Marine Corps Expeditionary Unit MEU, is now en route to the Gulf. That means marines. That's like the worst news that Iran could have received. If the Marines are coming. Let me now go to General Kine with the worst news today because we woke up to learn we'd suffered more American serviceman casualties this morning. Here is showing of the Joint Chiefs Kane talking about the crash of the Casey one thirty five this morning.
Speaker 3: In Iraq, Cuttnomber eleven.
Speaker 4: Before I start with an update, I also want to address the tragic loss of our Case one thirty five refueling aircraft yesterday. The incident occurred over friendly territory in western Iraq while the crew was on a combat mission, and again was not the result as Senkam has said, was not the result of hostile or friendly fire. We're still treating this as an active rescue and recovery operation, as Sencom announced this morning. For airmen have been recovered and the Air Force and US Central Command will provide updates as information becomes available. Please keep these brave airmen, their families, friends, and units in your thoughts in the coming hours and days. Our service members make an incredible sacrifice to go forward and do the things that the nation asks of them. It's a reminder of the true cost of the day medication and commitment of the Joint Force.
Speaker 1: At at Breakfast I spoke at this morning at Colorado Christian University, we had a young student. His father is deployed an airman officer in the Niti's Air Force in the Middle East, and her brothers at the Air Force Academy. Less than one percent of America's families popularate one hundred percent of our military, and our debt to them is never ending. So, as the General said, to keep them in your prayers, family and the deceased. He also gave us an update on what has been accomplished in the first thirteen days of the World Cut number ten, General came.
Speaker 4: In just the first thirteen days of this operation, our artillery forces have made history. They fired the first precision strike missiles ever used in combat, reaching deep into enemy territory. They've used army attackers to sink multiple ships, including a submarine. And they've done all of this with the precision and determination that comes from relentless training and trust in each other and in their weapons.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Secretary also made a pledge this morning about the Strait of Horror moves CUT number four.
Speaker 5: I want to emphasize what the Chairman said about that the only thing prohibiting transit in the Straits right now is Iran shooting at shipping. It is open for transit.
Speaker 3: Should Iran not do that? Now?
Speaker 5: There's a reason why we chose as one of our primary objectives destroy the navy. We understood the ability to interdict shipping is something Iran has done for forty years. It's key terrain. They've used it as leverage. The world is seeing what they'll do to fight back in that context, and so we've heard them talk about taking various measures, and we're planning for all of them. So we have a plan for every option here. We're working with our inneragency partners, and that's not a straight we're going to allow to remain contested or with a lack of flow of commercial goods.
Speaker 6: So we're aware of that.
Speaker 5: We're laser focused on our military objectives, but also want to make sure our partners across this government understand we're working with you to make sure that energy flows, and that is.
Speaker 1: The best news of all energy is following guys. Goyles up around one hundred dollars a barrel in three weeks. I'll bet she's back to sixty. I could be wrong. Now I'm gonna switch and talk with my friend Brittany Vessily. Brittany was the first graduating.
Speaker 3: What year did you graduate, Brittany twelve, twenty.
Speaker 1: Twelve, so she was here before I was here. Brittany, what's your job currently?
Speaker 7: I'm currently the executive director of the Caleder Catholic Conference, the United Voice of the Catholic Bishops of Colorado.
Speaker 1: Now, the reason I like having Brittany on is that Archbishop Chepew, who first brought me to dinner Denver decades ago, is now the retired Archbishop of Philadelphia. Poured a lot of resources into ecumenical outreach. He was a good friend of Colorado Christian University. You were not yourself a Catholic when you were at CCU, and it's a very welcoming place. Everybody comes here.
Speaker 7: Correct, Yes, And it was the first time I was introduced to Jesus was at CCU. So I dead of gratitude to my time at CCU and really where I started falling in love with theology.
Speaker 3: Now you are all so.
Speaker 1: My co religions is a Catholic and you've got four kids outside steering in, Yes, and they should come in and run them on.
Speaker 3: How do you know my booking.
Speaker 7: Producer, Daniel Hitchin is a good friend of mine. I used to babysit her kids when I was in DC working at the Heritage Foundation.
Speaker 1: So what did you do for Heritage after you left Colorado Christian University?
Speaker 7: I worked in the Domestic Policy Department in Education. But I was also there during Doma and Berga fell, so I touched the religious liberty angles as well.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what are you doing for the bishops in Colorado and how is the work of the church going in the centennial state?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 7: So, I'm the chief Policy director of the four Bishops of Colorado, representing the three dioceses at the Colorido Capital and in other areas of government affairs. I do primarily lobbing from January through May. In Colorado. It seems like there is a bad bill every week right now, whether it's a tax on religious liberty referencing the Calor Anti Discrimination Act. We've been having huge fights on life the last four years. So every week it seems to be another issue pertaining to life, religious liberty in the family that we're having to deal with. Tennial state.
Speaker 1: Are you making progress because it's sort of not a super majority anymore, but it's a blue state and it's all blue.
Speaker 3: Who are your go tos? Who are your stalwarts?
Speaker 7: Well, we did make a deal this week that killed Senate Bill ninety seven, which would have decriminalized prostitution in the state. Of Colorado and that would have meant more human trafficking, more prostitution, and then also more abortion. So that's a bill that the Senate sponsor, henrich Sen, who is a Catholic and I called him out on Twitter for being a Catholic and supporting this bill, said he will bring back in the near future. But that is just one effort. We have a very progressive majority in bolth chambers. They're not a super majority, but it's still very difficult to get a lot of work done. So it's very important to get more voices like ours and the Capitol.
Speaker 1: I joked with my breakfast and lunch audience today that the first exits from California all came to Colorado and turned to red state blue, but they brought the policies with them. The second wave went to Florida and they did not bring the policy with who had to fight it back and clad back. How do you think that battle is going at the state level. We have American Legislative Exchange Council is a great sponsor of ours.
Speaker 3: How is it doing in Colorado? Are they going to move up the rankings.
Speaker 7: It's very interesting because you have infighting in the majority parties. You have the very progressive and the more establishment Democrats fighting with each other, and you also have the GOP that's been fighting with those who are just fed up with the status quo and those who are trying to make concessions to get along. So you have both chambers having internal caucus divisions while also dealing with some very heinous policy. In the state of Colorado.
Speaker 3: Is Governor Polist running for president.
Speaker 7: He's going to try, so that's another thing that we're looking at for twenty twenty eight. Right now, Governor pols is a lame duck and he didn't want to see certain bills be passed. Another bill that was introduced that he hopefully will intervene on is HB twelve ninety two, which would go after the scholarship granting organizations in the state based on HR one, including KADA. So Colors Anti Discrimination Act is called KADA. It now includes sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression as protected classes the Non Discrimination Code, and that would affect all faith based schools in the state of Colorado.
Speaker 1: Well, that's unconstitutional, So we'll have a well, arch bishopric Quilla or his successor bring the lawsuit that needs to be brought.
Speaker 7: We're already in lawsuits on this, so the Universal pre K program. We have two lawsuits going on with the Beckett Funds. It also had to do with Katta and we also, as you mentioned, we have our Specipicquilla has been a tremendous advocate on life and religious liberty. Bishop Golka just last month was announced as his successor and he will be installed on March twenty fifth at the Nasair Western Stock Show Arena.
Speaker 3: Actually three in.
Speaker 1: A row for Denver, three great bishops and if O Archbishop chip Ugh is listening, you've left it in good hands. Brittany, thank you for joining me saying a good word about Colorado Christian University.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I want to remind everyone we are in lent, and during Lent, not just at CCU, but across all of the Salem stations. I asked people remember food for the Poor. There's a banner at the top of Hughewitt dot com. You can go there and make your donation if you're moved by some of the testimonies I have today. Okay, fifty dollars to food for the Poor. We'll get clean water to two children in Haiti or Central America for a year. It's a fifty dollars donation. You can also call eight five five three five nine forty six seventy three eight five five three five nine forty six seventy three, eight five five three five nine forty six seventy three. But the easiest thing to do just go to my website Huewitt dot com the blue banner give Living Waters at the top completely secure. Then, of course text Hewitt as well Hgwitt to five one five five five. Whatever you do, though, thank you in advance for your generosity. I'll be right back with Eli Lake for an update on the war right after.
Speaker 3: That Welcome Back in America.
Speaker 1: I'm playing the Marine Corps him because the USS Tripoli is being dispatched from Japan with a MEW a Marine Expeditionary Unit. That means five thousand marines assorted warships as well as the Big Deck. What does that mean? I turned to Eli the Free Press host of Breaking History podcasts as well. Eli, that's a late addition to the four structure around Iran. What do you think at Port Thames?
Speaker 3: I think it could be one of two things.
Speaker 8: It could be exactly what you need to seize carg Island, which is the central point in which Iran ships and refines most of the oil that exports, which would give America and Donald Trump a stranglehold over the Iranian economy and significant leverage in a similar kind of relationship it has right now with the Venezuelan regime. Or it could be preparing for a daring mission to try to get those suitcases or not suitcases, but the kilograms of enriched uranium buried underneath the facilities in Isfahan and Fordoh.
Speaker 1: You know what the Marines are known for is amphibious assault. They break open the door, Eli, And I wasn't thinking about so much. I was thinking about the area across from cars Island, which may make it vulnerable to hypersonics and the short rain missiles sweeping kind of motion. And you know, the Iranians really don't want to mess with the Marines, do they?
Speaker 3: No, they do not, No one should. They're the best. Yeah, no better favorite, by the way, whne about the Marines? Yeah?
Speaker 8: My favorite line about the Marines, I think came from an HBO series about the Iraq War, in which someone explains every few years, America just unleashes this wild attack dog on its enemies, and that's the Marine Corps. And that's kind of how I feel about it.
Speaker 1: You're right, I remember that's also from the Second Golf War, the March to Baghdad. A marine was interviewed, what is your job to beat the army to Baghdad?
Speaker 3: Sir? Their answer, I'll never forget that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, But I would say this that it also sort of shows that, you know, I mean, the President Trump is quoted, maybe fragments of quotes, you know, every other day saying maybe we've accomplished most of our mission and maybe it's trying to like, you know, wrap it up and everything like that. This suggests that the war is not yet over, and that's important in terms of the perceptions of the enemy in this case.
Speaker 1: Now, I want to talk about media narratives. The one that's driving me crazy now is that the war must be over before the president sits down with General Secretary g You know, that wasn't actually Nixon's approach with Mao. He went and saw Maw when the Vietnam War was underway. And so I'm just thinking, where do these narratives come from? Eli They're invented by people with agendas. How do they get past editors.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, first of all, we are in a twenty four hour news environment, and there is a need for pundits and analysts and columnists and reporters to say something anything in order to kind of fill the dead error. And it's hard dealing with uncertainty. So that's the charitable explanation. But I think there's also just a sense of, you know, half the country despises you know, Trump with the power of a thousand burning suns, and if it's his war, then they're against it, and that's all they really need to know. I think, I'm I don't think we're out of the woods by any stretch, and you could see it ending a couple of ways. But even if more I mean I would I think you and I would both love to see, you know, a new revolution and a transition to a much more decent and better government for the Iranians. But if that doesn't happen, that seems maybe at this point to be less likely, and that a remnant of the regime of much more weakened is surviving, whatever the status of their supreme leader, which we still haven't seen evidence that he's you know, all there other than this written statement, but we haven't seen him on video. A weakened Iran, without the without a nuclear program, without missiles, without the ability to terrorize.
Speaker 3: The region.
Speaker 8: Is a victory, even if it might be considered at a partial victory, because you still leave these you know, these vicious thugs in place. But if they're weakened and they're significantly set back, that's a good outcome. And it doesn't preclude the prospect that after a couple of months and financial hardship, that you could see that color revolution. And it also doesn't preclude the idea that much like Lebanon, the Israelis reserve the right to go in and take care of problems before they start. So I don't necessarily think an end of the war with the regime in place means that the regime has won or sticks around forever.
Speaker 1: John potter Artz always accuses me of being the optimist optimist, but I'm fairly optimistic about how this is going. I think we are winning decisively, but we have not yet achieved a decisive win. But we can get there. And I would recommend to everyone a podcast called The Goodfellows, which comes out of the Hoover Institution, Neil Ferguson, John Cochrane, HR Master General McMaster and yesterday they had the right Honorable Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice. And at one point Neil suggested maybe it wasn't going so well and that the Iranians had the whole card. And boy did doctor Rice come out of her share symbolically and remind him about this regime from nineteen She just rattled off seven the hostage crisis, the Babirute bombing, the Cobar towers, the Marines dead, soldier sailor's Erman marine.
Speaker 3: Dead in Iran.
Speaker 1: She's ready for bear, and she is not ready to say we're on a clock. I don't think we're on a clocky lit.
Speaker 8: I think I mean, listen, the answer is with Trump. That's the bottom line. Okay, so it's what Trump decides. But so far Trump's been you know, he said a lot of things, but I think he's kind of stuck with the sort of larger mission at this point. And you know, we'll see, but I don't think. I don't think it's necessarily over yet. But at the same time, even if it was to wrap up in the next few days, there's been some pretty decisive blows that have been dealt. I still think there's more that has to be done, and we'll find out more kind of in the aftermath, but I would not.
Speaker 3: Call this a win.
Speaker 8: And I'm amazed at some of the people, you know, professors who sort of do this stuff for a living and study Iran, are telling us that, you know, Iran is in this great position, it's an oil hedgemon. Now nonsense. I think that we'll find the straits of her moves. Will take some work, but I think these I think the US and Israel will be able.
Speaker 3: To handle it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what it comes down to. I don't think we've won. I think we are decisively winning, but I don't think we are anything remotely.
Speaker 3: The world is a.
Speaker 1: Much better place today than it was fourteen months ago. It is a much better place today than it was fourteen days ago, and in another fourteen days it could be even better because of Cuban. And I did want to get your comment on the extraordinary announcement by the dictator in Cuba last What do you think is.
Speaker 3: Going on there?
Speaker 8: I hope that we are seeing the beginning of the end of that awful regime and something much better. That's the I mean of those of us who kind of I wasn't around for the original Cuban revolution, but this is unfinished business now going back, you know, more than sixty years. So if there is a prospect to get something more decent for Cuba, I mean, I think that's another another feather in Trump's cap at this point. And I think at a certain point, I would imagine that you can argue that there's been things that Trump has done that and I certainly would say I certainly disagree with it, are going to be not great for his legacy, but you have to account for Venezuela, Cuba and figures crossed Iran.
Speaker 3: That's enormous.
Speaker 8: I think that's that's that's a kind of foreign policy legacy that we associate with the greats, whether it's you know, Truman, Fdr. Reagan, and Trump at least in that regard, will have a chance to sort of be in that categ.
Speaker 1: And I don't think he's going to allow himself to be called the loser on Iran.
Speaker 3: I just don't think that's in the cards. I agree.
Speaker 1: Eli Lake can be followed on x at Eli Lake Breaking History Podcast as his podcast from the Free Press. He's a contributor to the Free Press. He's a welcome guest here anytime. Thank you, Eli. I'll be right back from Colorado Christian University. I'm jew Hewitt Broadcast and today on the campus at Colorado Christian University in Lakewood, Colorado, where I'll be giving a talk tonight dedicated to the role of Christian institutions and battling anti Semitism.
Speaker 3: Long scheduled.
Speaker 1: Did not intend for it to follow an attack on a synagogue in West Bloomfield yesterday, or four terrorist attacks in fourteen days, But it's timely talk about all that and more. Ben Dominich joins me Fox News contributor extraordinaire now the head of commentary over at The Daily Wire as well. Ben, how are you and how do you like the new gig at the Daily Wire.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you, Hugh, I was just on a conversation including our friends Andrew Claven, Michael Noles and then Shapiro or Shapiro and Noles who were absolutely yelling at each other. So it was it's been a test of fire, let's put it that way. It's a fun time. It's an interesting time to join a new publication, and we've got some great writers over there, and thank you for recommending it. Josh Holly particularly has a good piece today on the abortion situation across the country. I hope people will check it out.
Speaker 1: If people aren't yelling at each other in a newsroom, they're not doing their job, and so I thank you went into the right place. More questions, Yeah, four questions for two segments here. Your assessment of how the war is going, Your assessment of how America is doing during the war, Your assessment of the American media during the war, and then the political perils and pluses for Donald Trump. Let's start with your assessment of the war.
Speaker 6: I think the war is actually going pretty much as you would expect it to in the sense that except that it's actually moved. And this is something that the President's correct about saying, it's actually moved a lot faster than I think a lot of people might have expected, perhaps not under this military that has been planning this and wargaming this for so long, and given our close relationship with Israel, the effectiveness of those early attacks, if anything, was much more than you might have expected. At the same time, I think that with the expectations built in the simple fact that the American people and we can get into this had even higher expectations, perhaps expectations that were not realistic, given the fact that almost every military conflict that the President has participated in or gotten into was over in the matter of days. And that's something that is this is not going to entail. It is going to be weeks potentially.
Speaker 1: Must the USS Triple A just a part of Japan with an NEU Marine Exhibitionary Unit other warships along with the Triple A?
Speaker 3: What does that signal to you?
Speaker 6: Ben To me, it signals the fact that this was always going to require potential ground presence, especially when it comes to some of the different steps that need to be taken. At the same time, I don't think that the President intends to have any kind of large footprint. There's anything we've learned about this president that he is a visceral reaction to the deaths of American soldiers. He hates it, He absolutely affors it. And so for people who are saying that he is somehow engaged or in the beginnings of the Forever War or some type of long term land conflict, I just do not think that there is any evidence to support that whatsoever. That is not the way this president thinks or works. In fact, I think he wants to avoid that. At the same time, as you know, there are reasons why regime change wars, or even wars of this nature cannot fully be conducted by air power.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I listened to doctor Rice Connolly's The Rice on the Goodfellow's podcast with General McMaster, Nile Ferguson, John Cocklan. It's a fabulous podcast, but she really brushed back Neil Ferguson when he suggested that may maybe the Iranians have the upper hand.
Speaker 3: I don't think they have the upper hand at all.
Speaker 6: I think that I realized that sometimes Neil says, and Neil's friend, and I'm sure he's a friend of yours as well, he sometimes says things to be provocative. I don't know if he was saying that to be provocative, but I don't think you can advance that argument on any basis. By the way, there are so many arguments being advanced, and you were answer those four questions. There's so many arguments being advanced by the American media that have no factual relevance, no relationship with the truth whatsoever. I mean, this ridiculous idea that mining the straits of Hormuz or shutting it down was something that the American military never considered. Have you seen this one? Have you seen? I mean, that is ludicrous, That is I mean, sorry, this is this is basic war gaming. What do you think these people do in the Pentagon? What do you think that the people do at SAMCOM when they are planning these types of things. Of course they assume that's going to happen. They know what's going to happen, and I think put the assumptions built in to so many of these journalists. You know, you saw this actually just as a sideline. You saw this this week with the commentary from Paul Mgala, who is somebody who is actually pretty respected in Democrats circles. So I don't won't know why at this point, you know, going on air and saying Scott Jennings that you know, he believed that Pete Hegsith was personally needing these millions of dollars worth of lobster tales and the idea that Democrats have become so divorced as if they don't know anyone in the American military. But they wouldn't understand what was going on there. It's it's just lappable on a certain level. Get I mean, Mary Catherine posted this, and so I'm not going to steal with that credit or get a friend in the military. Please, yep, begging of you.
Speaker 1: I agree with that now. Ben Doctor Rice in this podcast pointed out to people that in the two thousand and three invasion of Iraq, oil went to one hundred and forty three dollars a barrel. We're at one hundred dollars a barrel and maybe a little bit lower today. I expect that the American people, for regime damage or change in Iran, will put up with a bucket gallon higher gas for a few months. I really don't think that will destroy the November elections, But the American media intend to use this to destroy, and by that I mean legacy media. I'm amazed at their narratives. My favorite one, which is crept In, is that Trump is going to wrap the war up by the time you sit down with Jijinping.
Speaker 3: That that's not a whole clop, right, that comes from nowhere?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, well, I will What I will say is this the speculative idea that the Chinese would like to insert themselves into this situation as a potential interlocutor. That is something that I think is real in the sense that they will attempt to do it. The idea that Donald Trump would accept that, I think is laughable. You would have to be in such dire straits with the way the war is going that you know, he would have to be desperate to do something like that, and also he would be completely judged as having failed if something like that happens, because you know, you presume that something like that allows a rump regime to continue, allows for a major Chinese military presence, perhaps permanently in the strait. I mean, that's not something that is a win. I don't think that there's any way you would accept that. But look, I assume that the Chinese will try to do something like that because it's in their nature. And one more thing, by the way, about the gas price conversation, I think one of the things that's happening here, Republicans need to understand how much better they need to defend these decisions that the president is making, and how much more benefit of the doubt they need to give him about this. They're nervous about their elections, They're nervous about keeping their jobs. They're worried about the price of the probe being something that dooms them in November. Now, I don't know about you, Hugh, but I think President actually has kind of written that off that he believes this is worth doing, regardless of whether it means Republicans lose the House or not. I think that he is of that much mindset. You can take issue with that if you're a member of the House Republicans, but I think they should be out there defending this and saying, look, this has been America's policy, you know, going back, you know, as long as most of them have been alive. We need to pursue it at a moment when Iran is at its weakest and we need to prevent We've already prevented their ability to throw out the kind of ballistic missile threat that they know that they have always held over the Gulf region. We've destroyed their navy. We are going iotola one iotola after another. In terms of our process, I think the President needs to be given the benefit of the doubt, given his success in foreign policy and a lot of these Republicans on the hill, particularly on the outside. I think they need to, you know, find their testicular fortitude when it comes to making any arguments about this.
Speaker 1: They have to make an argument about the last fourteen months been the change in the position of America in fourteen months with the capitation of the Maduro regime. Cuba is about to come in from the cold after sixty year and Iran is that is on its knees. I don't know if it'll fall over yet. Might take a year or two after the kinetic phase is done, but it might yet fall over. He's changed America's position in the world for the better by a lot in fourteen months.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And I think that the truth is that many of the things that he has done are things that the foreign policy establishment right and left like. I mean, this is not just Democrats we're talking about when we talk about this. They have assumed that a lot of these things were impossible, were impossible to achieve. He has proven them wrong. And I think there's resentment in that, and I think that there is a there is a cohort among them that would really like to see him fail in this, even though, by the way, there are also people who advocated for getting rid of the Iranian regime in different ways over the years, with the exception of course, of the pod Save Iran Bros. Who are you know? It's still somehow still around after being wrong about everything related to Iran exit.
Speaker 1: To the break, Ben, I do not believe anybody but Trump would have done this. This was the last chance, and I think he's taken it. Do you agree with that?
Speaker 6: I agree? And I also think it speaks to what a president can do when he knows he's not running for reelections. Yes, he has a legacy on his line, but he also has the ability to do things and pull the trigger on choices that he knows he is going to have to live with legacy wise regarding regardless of how things turn out. But he understands that another president, you know, potentially at Jad Evans or someone like that who comes after him, may not be in a position to do it. He understood the time was right, and to have the bravery and the courage to do it, I think is impressive.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere, America.
Speaker 1: I'm going to talk with Ben during the break player on the podcast and over on my YouTube channel as well. Stay ten is a Salem News Channel. I'll be right back because they able to sail. Dialogue is coming up today as well. Stay with us. Clean water is not complicated, but it is essential. Without it, public health suffer, education declines, economic stability well weekends if it doesn't collapse. Across Latin America and the Caribbean, families are facing that reality of unclean water every day. Mothers walk miles for clean water. Children are exposed to preventable diseases because they haven't got it. Communities are held back by the absence of basic clean water access. But strategic compassion changes outcomes through food for the poor. Your gift provides safe and living water, improving health, strengthening communities, and supporting gospel centered transformation through trusted local partnerships. This is a measurable impact with lasting results. Your gift to fifty dollars ensures two people have safe and living water, or four one hundred dollars a family of four will be transformed for a year.
Speaker 3: I hope you act.
Speaker 1: Text Hewitt Hgwitt, that's Hewet Hgwitt to five to one five five five, that's Hewett to fifty one five five five, or visit Hewitt dot Com right now and click on the blue giving living water banner at the top to provide living water today and thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm back with.
Speaker 1: Ben Dominich now, and Ben, I want to talk pure politics and President Trump.
Speaker 3: A war is not.
Speaker 1: About politics ever, but politics always follows the war. I think he has only upside if he sees it through, and only downside if he quits too soon. How do you assess the situation.
Speaker 6: I think his situation at this point is that he is still the bullish on the chances of achieving their aims. I don't know if that's going to be the case in two weeks. I don't know if the people who are surrounding him, who, by the way, are also working with I believe people outside the administration. I mean I don't believe this. I know that are essentially trying to work the refs inside of it to advance the argument that, hey, you know, you're putting everything at risk. You don't you shouldn't go that far down this road, and you know, look and look at the prices of the pump, and look at all these things they're going to lose all well, look, I actually think that the Republicans and the especially the Republicans who are most supportive of President Trump, overwhelmingly support this war. And I think that the thing that we are seeing going forward is that the politics of this is entirely dependent on success. Meaning if he backs out too early, there is going to be a penalty for that. People will point to it as being a mistake.
Speaker 3: This is the key thing.
Speaker 1: If he quits early because of internal pressure or the price of gas, or because too many casualties are absorbed and we're already into a dozen and it's terrible, it's a horrible cost to bear. But if he quits too early, it will haunt him through history. And if he wins, it will solidify his place in history. If he wins along with Cuba and Venezuela, it's an extraordinary presidency, maybe in the most significant since Reagan's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think you are not exaggerating in that vein at all. And look at the other aspect of this that we should keep in mind is I think that only someone in his position could have made made this kind of decision without without having the type of palms that other presidents might have about the risk of their legacy. Why risk it? Why go down this road? Why try this unless you had faith in the fact that the American military and our work with the Israelis can achieve this end. And so I think you have to stick it through. You cannot just you succumb to the ideas being pushed by some, including some people who I think woul be lost count as friends or at least as colleagues within this industry, that there needs to be some kind of oh, slow down, slow down, go to Congress, slow down, you know, try to you know, do some other speech to try to get people on your side. Slow down, no, press ahead and win. That is the only way that you will be judged on this, and he understands winning.
Speaker 1: Ben Dominich as always a pleasure. Go and read him over at the Daily Wire, look at his new commentary section, and hear him again next Friday. If we are lucky right here on the Uuit Show, follo him on x AS while at the Dominiic stay tuned