Speaker 1: The voice of free speech, the truth delivered, common sense for the American people.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Scott Jennings Show.
Speaker 1: Weekend.
Speaker 3: Terror in Washington reminds us that, yes, in fact, the American left has a violence problem. We'll discuss in just a moment what is the security fallout from Saturday night's attack on President Trump At the White House correspondence dinner. We'll talk to a former deputy director of the Secret Service for his opinion, and we get the latest on Iran today as the details of diplomacy remain murky as we enter a new week of ceasefire and blockade. It is Monday, April the twenty seventh. This is common sense for the American people. I'm Scott Jennings, broadcasting for Salem from your nation's capital. On this day in history, twelve ninety six, King Edward the First of England invaded Scotland, setting off years of warfare between the two nations. And as for today's news, the present King of England, King Charles the Third, arrives in Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: For a state visit the British Royals.
Speaker 3: We'll meet with President Trump host a garden party at which yours truly is expected to be present and deliver and addressed to Congress. These two great nations have been the protectors of Western civilization in decades past. Perhaps the King will leave here imbued with and reminded of that spirit as his own nation grapples with an immigration crisis that has warped its domestic politics and jeopardized its standing as a pillar of the West. Now to the weekends events in Washington, d C. The annual White House Correspondent's Dinner was to take place Saturday night at the Washington Hilton, site of an attempted assassination of President Reagan in nineteen eighty one. This dinner takes place at this location every year. All of Washington's journalists, powerbrokers, special interests, government officials, even if you celebrities, gat to celebrate the First Amendment. Other presidents have routine lee attended this dinner, but not President Trump, who hasn't been since twenty eleven, when President Obama famously made fun of him, leading Washington's elite to laugh at the one day, forty fifth and forty seventh president. Those are jokes, I'm sure the elite wish they could have back. Since then, Trump has snubbed the dinner, but this year, for some reason, he decided to attend and then terror struck. Thirty one year old Cole Thomas Allen of Torrance, California rushed the security checkpoint with a shotgun, two handguns, and multiple knives. He was taken down by Secret Service, but shockingly avoided being shot himself. Allan did hit a Secret Service agent in the bulletproof vest.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness, he'll be okay.
Speaker 3: Thomas the shooter is now under arrest and faces several federal charges. He's appearing in district court in Washington today. In the hours that followed the dinner, which was postponed, a clear picture emerged. This man, a school teacher with a PhD from Caltech, had been marinating in standard issue left wing talking points, things you hear every day on cable news and on the left's favorite social media websites. He also attended a No King's rally, apparently where people routinely hold signs and call for Trump's death. Trump is hitler, Trump is a fascist. Trump is a racist, Trump is a threat to democracy. Trump is a pedophile. That is what Cole Allen was marinating in on a regular basis, and he was programmed by people like Congressman Ted lu Take a listen to Cut seventeen.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump is in the Epstein files thousands and thousands of times.
Speaker 5: In those files, there's highly disturbing allegations of Donald Trump raping children, of Donald Trump threatening to kill children.
Speaker 3: Obviously, the shooter believed Ted Luw's lies and decided to do something about it. I mean, if you believed all the things they say about Trump, you could see how someone might get the idea that killing him is a good idea. Would it be a good idea to kill Hitler? After all? But when violent action occurs, we get Democrats immediately claiming they have no idea what you're talking about. Listen to Congressman Jamie Raskin on Sunday morning, the morning after this on CNN.
Speaker 1: It's jaw dropping cut eighteen.
Speaker 5: And you have, as many of your fellow Democrats have used some heated rhetoric against the president. And do you think twice about that when something like this happened.
Speaker 3: What rhetoric do you have in mind? What a complete and total joke of a human being, The idea that he doesn't know what is said on the left about Trump that incites all these lunatics to violence. This sort of feigned ignorance is a permission structure to keep it going. But it isn't confined to a clown like Raskin. None other than the former President of the United States, Barack Obama, on late Sunday afternoon, well after we knew the motivations of the left wing lunatic shooter, issued a statement about the matter. I'll read you the first sentence and I quote, although we don't yet have the details about the motives behind last night shooting end quote. This is insidious, it is sick, and it is what the left does to keep the violence in the violent rhetoric going. They have no ability to control their radical base, and so people like Raskin and Obama have just decided to excuse it by pretending to ignore it. And guess what, six months from now, six years from now, some Democrat talking head on cable TV will say, oh, we don't really know why that guy shot up the White House Correspondence dinner. Even Obama said so. Just a couple of days before the dinner, the most hateful man in America, Jimmy Kimmel, gave this mock dinner speech.
Speaker 1: Listen to this cut eleven our first left, dy Malania is here.
Speaker 4: Look at more's so beautiful, missus Trump. You have a glow like an expectant widow, you.
Speaker 3: Know, laughing laughing at that, they were, Do you get it? Do you understand? This isn't Kimmel being funny. This is wish casting, This is dreaming, this is hoping. This is Jimmy Kimmel trying to will into existence the death of Donald Trump. And he pretty much does this on a nightly basis. Three weeks ago, Saturday Night Live joked about Trump being assassinated cut nineteen.
Speaker 4: President Trump attended the opening night of Chicago at the Kennedy Center. And I think that's cool that the president is going to the theater.
Speaker 6: I mean, what's the worst that could happen?
Speaker 3: The liberals have decided that the trouble was subtlety is that not everyone gets it.
Speaker 1: So they just pretty much say out loud.
Speaker 3: Now their preferred outcomes and hope for someone to take them up on it. Last September, the biggest buffoon in American politics, Tim Walls was hoping to wake up to news that Trump had died. Cut twenty you get up in the morning and you doom scroll through things. And although I will say this, the last few days.
Speaker 1: You woke up thinking there might be news.
Speaker 2: Just saying, just saying, there will be news sometime, just so you know there will be.
Speaker 1: News, folks.
Speaker 3: They aren't hiding it and they aren't sorry about it either. Democratic candidates know what time it is in their party. They know exactly what their radical base wants to hear, listen to Abdel al sayed, the leading Democrat candidate for send it Up in Michigan.
Speaker 1: Cut twenty one.
Speaker 7: We don't knock down, with all due respect that they go low, we don't go high.
Speaker 8: We take them to the mud and choke them out.
Speaker 3: And last week Democrat leader Hakeem Jeffries issued orders to the nation's radicals cut fourteen.
Speaker 8: We are in an era.
Speaker 4: Of maximum warfare everywhere, all the time, and we're going to keep the pressure on Republicans in every single state in the Union to ensure at the end of the day that there is a fair national map, because we believe that it's the people who should decide who's in the majority in the next Congress, not Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Maximum warfare, folks, we have a left wing violence problem in America. As I had to explain to a CNN panel on Sunday Afternoon Cut twenty two, you can understand why we're on edge as conservative zough three times the President, Steve Scalise, Brett Kavanaugh, Charlie Kirk. Heck, there was even a plot against Russ Volt the other day. Who's the head of the Office of Management and Budget. I mean, Conservatives are I think rightfully on edge because this keeps happening over and over and over again, and people keep calling the Donald Trump and Nazi, and they keep calling him a fascist, and they keep repeating lies about him that are not true, yet they keep getting repeated regarding Epstein.
Speaker 1: And other things.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just telling you as a Conservative who lives in this every day. My friend was murdered last year, My presidents had three assassination attempts. I have a notot in my stomach about it every day that I wake up. We have a left wing violence problem in this country. Media, comedians, politicians, even some of the left wings supposed religious leaders, all of them creating permission structures and excuses and motivations for violence against President Trump and his party.
Speaker 1: It is disgusting.
Speaker 3: It is dangerous, and to be honest, I cannot believe how calm the President himself is about all of it. We have a great show for you today, lots of breaking news. First a word from our friends at Relief Factor. For two hundred and fifty years, Americans have believed in one powerful idea that we were meant to live free, free to work, free to move, free to enjoy life. But if every day aches and pains are slowing you down, it might be time for you to declare your independence from pain. We love it in the Jettings household. Relief Factor is drug free, one hundred percent drug free. It is a research based formula. It helps your body fight inflammation. I recommend you find out what Relief Factor is all about. Declare your own independence from pain. Try it for nineteen dollars and ninety five cents. That's all it takes to get the Relief Factor three week quick start. Do it for three weeks. I don't think you'll regret it. Get it here at relief Factor dot com or call one eight hundred four relief.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back. And our next.
Speaker 3: Guest is Victoria Coats. She's going to tell us the latest on Iran right after this. Hey Scott Jennings. You know, when I prep for my debates on CNN, I need to know exactly where the discussion is heading. And as it turns out, I want to know the full story in my everyday life as well. That's why I tried out this great product called free Spoke. It's now my go to place for search and for news. Free Spoke is the search platform that shows me the full story so I can think it through from myself, the left, the right, and the non mainstream and independent sources and podcast insights. You get it all at free Spoke, all in one place. And I'll tell you one more thing. I like knowing they're not going to sell my data. It's quite something. Fast, private and unbiased. Free Spoke helps me research topics and make sure that I understand the full picture and you can do the same. Go to freespoke dot com slash Jennings to download their app for free and as an exclusive to my listeners, use promo code Jennings after you download and get thirty five percent off the premium version. You get ad free insights, deeper elite tools to have control over the information, don't rely on incomplete information, take control and see every perspective so that you can think for yourself.
Speaker 7: Straight talk without the bluster when you positive neither truth.
Speaker 1: This is where you come the Scotch Eennicks Show.
Speaker 3: It is Monday, April the twenty seventh. As I glance at the monitor, I see the White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt at the podium. We'll grab some sound from Caroline. See what she has to say. I suspect she's got some harsh words for Jimmy Kimmel and others who've been inciting violence against President Trump and the President today will reportedly meet with his national security team in the Situation Room talking about Iran. It comes after some peace talks we're canceled in Pakistan over the weekend. Someone who's been in the situation room and in these kinds of meetings is Victoria Coach. She joins us now. She's at the Heritage Foundation and she's a former deputy National Security Advisor to the President. Victoria, thanks for coming on the Scott Jennings Show today.
Speaker 1: Let's start here.
Speaker 3: Give us your impression of where we stand with Iran and the prospect of peace talks occurring.
Speaker 7: This week.
Speaker 8: Well, I'll tell you, Scott, this is the darnedest thing. It's like the Tales two Wars. On the one hand, you have this narrative that's being pushed by the New York Times, Washington Posts, maybe even by some of your colleagues on another news network, that we are losing this war, that Garan is playing masterfully being Chairman Chancellor Mertz of Germany came out today and said that the United States is being humiliated by Iran, and it runs in the base of every fact we know about this war, in which we have crushed them militarily. They're going into day fifty nine with no Internet for ninety nine percent of their citizens. They're dragging junk ships out of dry dock to stuff whale into them because they're running out of storage. Their currency has no value, and the president has all the cards. He can just sit there and watch that whole country implode. So I think they'll be talking about how they can exploit the very real leverage that they have. Can it's the Iranians not to listen to the New York Times in the Washington Post and to look at the reality of what they face and come to the table and make a decent deal.
Speaker 1: Victoria Coach is our guest.
Speaker 3: Victoria, tell us what you think Iran's immediate future is when it comes to their economy. We still have this naval blockade going on, and even though a lot of people in the media want to argue that Iran has more time here than the United States, I tend to think it's the opposite. The Iranian economy is being choked off from this oil revenue and other shipping revenue on a daily basis.
Speaker 1: Is it days, is it weeks?
Speaker 3: How much longer can the Iranian economy withstand the US naval blockade, which I think has been extremely successful.
Speaker 8: It really has been, and it's broke old paradigm that we have to be held hostage by the Iranians because of the strait of hormotes. That's not true anymore. And so there are going to be a couple of benchmarks. The first is this storage issue they have for oil that they probably have another five six days that they can pump at normal capacity and store it. And after that they're going to have to make some really hard decisions about potentially capping wells, which can be as I'm sure you know, very damaging to that precious resource for them. Then there is the issue of the currency. They announced before the war they were going to print five million reale notes. They're now up to ten million real notes. So I don't know if we're going to go to twenty you know, what's what they're going to do about their currency. And then there is the issue of when they turn their stock market back on, which has been shuttered since early March. I mean, will we see historic They have to do it at some point, and what we see historic capital flight out of Irun. So I think this is going to be a rolling situation rather than a single, you know, a single episode pushing it over the edge. But it's very hard to see how they solve those systemic problems.
Speaker 3: Victoria Coats, thanks for your commentary on a RAN before we go. I didn't want to find out if you had any reaction to the attempted assassination the third time of President Trump. This weekend, I was doing coverage on CNN as I usually do for the White House Correspondent's Dinner.
Speaker 1: What did you think when you saw that news?
Speaker 8: It was just shocking. Each of these episodes over the last couple of years where President Trump has been directly targeted. Has been a real shock to the political system, and I think shows us how dangerous the vitriol is that is boiling on the left towards him, very personally and towards anyone who associates with him. I mean, I've been on the receiving end of it. I'm sure you have. It is ugly, it's divisive, and it is beholden on Democrat leadership to call it out and put an end to it before somebody really gets hurt.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Democratic leadership, I'm afraid though, has just decided to ignore it or pretend it isn't happening, because, honestly, Victoria, I think radical base has.
Speaker 1: Control of them and not the other way around.
Speaker 3: Victoria Coates is vice president at the Heritage Foundation. She's a national security expert, and she's former deputy National Security advisor to President Trump. Thanks for coming on today. I'm sure we'll have you back soon as we watch the unfolding developments in the Middle East. When we return after the next commercial break, I have on with me my friend and author and journalist Selena Zito as she covered the president in Butler, Pennsylvania. The last time there was an assassination attempt against him. I want to talk to her about her views on what happened at the White House Correspondence dinner this weekend. It's common sense for the American people. I'm Scott Jennings.
Speaker 1: Stay with us, the man who made CNN that's safe for conservatives again. Here Scott Jennings.
Speaker 3: It is Monday, April the twenty seventh. We're tracking breaking news. Caroline Levitt, the White House Press Secretary, has just finished a briefing from the podium.
Speaker 1: She wasn't even supposed to brief anymore. She was gonna wrap up her.
Speaker 3: Duties on Friday, but because of Saturday night's events, she went back to the podium today. We'll bring some of that to you in just a little bit, and coming up in sixty seconds, we have the great journalist Selena Zito here to discuss what happened on Saturday. First, though, I do need to deliver a message. Every single day in America, six children lose their.
Speaker 1: Lives due to abuse or.
Speaker 3: Neglect, and April is National Child Abuse Awareness Month, a time to shine a light on a crisis that often goes unseen until tragedy strikes.
Speaker 1: Most people don't realize.
Speaker 3: How common child abuse actually is or how often it happens behind closed doors. For nearly seven decades, child Help has been on the front lines of prevention and healing, working nationwide to protect children through education, advocacy centers, foster care and adoption services, therapy, and of course, the twenty four to seven Child Abuse Hotline. Here's something you need to know. If something doesn't feel right, you don't have to be certain about it to just reach out and make the call. One call can help save a child's life. Visit childhelp dot org to learn the signs, find support, and be part of the solution. Our view here is that every child deserves a safe childhood and that every voice matters. It's common sense for the American people. Scott Jennings Broadcasting for Salem Joining us now. Selena Zito, author of the number one New York Times bestseller Butler, The Untold story of the near assassination of Donald Trump and the fight for America's Heartland. She also writes for The DC Examiner and for The Washington Post. Selena, Welcome back to the Scott Jennings Show. I thought of you this weekend as I was doing coverage on CNN of the White House Correspondence Dinner, because you literally wrote the book, the most thorough and detailed book and journalism about what happened to the president in Butler, Pennsylvania as you watched Saturday Nights events. What was going through your mind given what you experience yourself and Butler.
Speaker 8: Well, Scott, first of all, thank you so much for having me on. You know, I have to say I never I didn't realize how much I didn't process what happened in Butler. To me. If people read my book or know me, they know those shots went right over my head and that my daughter was right beside me. But I didn't. I didn't realize I hadn't processed it appropriately because I kept working, right, and you just you just keep working. And when I heard those shots that really sort of hit me and hit me hard.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 8: The first thing that strikes me, though, is President Trump's comportment. He was calm, he was a matter of fact. He took it in stride. And what's so important about that is that accept the tone for the room and just in the way that it set the tone at the at the rally in Butler, people often comment like, look, how calm the crowd is. Where aren't they freaking out?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 8: And when he did what he did in Butler, when he got off and said fight by fight, when he made sure he had his shoes on when he left, when he made sure he didn't go out in a stretcher. He told me the next day that was because he had an obligation, not as Donald Trump the man, but as someone who is representing the presidency for over two hundred years. He had to show that the country goes on, that the country is strong, that nothing breaks us down. That was his obligation and I saw that again on Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Selena, as you watch what happened Saturday, I'm curious about what you're thinking regarding the Secret Service and the security situation with the president at an event like that. You obviously studied the Secret Service perimeter and reaction to what happened in Butler. You saw what happened on Saturday. You've been to many other presidential events. I guess the question I have is are you confident in the security situation around the president right now? And is this just something that he's going to have to live with because of who he is, and how the left has decided to treat him.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm confident in their response in the room. I thought they were quick, they were fast, They're efficient. They got him out of the way. A lot of they got the vice president out of the way. A lot of people have not seen the angle where one serviceman just stood right in front of him, right like, just faced out into the crowd, while the other ones made sure that he was down and out. So I think that that aspect of the service was on top of things. I don't know enough about what happened in the perimeter of her in a dotal, you know, a pe of journalists saying, well, I got in this way and I got in that way, and so I don't know enough about that to make an educated point of view. I certainly I'm sort of like a wait and see person. I wanted to see the reports, see what happened where the flaws were just in the way of what happened in Butler. If you were if you were standing within feet of the president in Butler, like I was, the response was perfect, but getting into it and the security around it was not perfect. And I suspect that we might find out something like that as well.
Speaker 3: Selena Zito is our guest. She wrote the book on Butler. She's a great journalist and lives in Pennsylvania. Selena, as I was thinking about the dinner Saturday night during our coverage, I was thinking, you know, the entire president line of succession is there, with the exception of Chuck Grassley, the Senate President pro tem from Iowa.
Speaker 1: But you had the.
Speaker 3: President, vice president, Speaker of the House, senior members of the cabinet. Does the White House need to rethink having Trump in vance at public events like that together in the future.
Speaker 10: Probably.
Speaker 8: I'm sure they're having that conversation right now or you know, in the next couple hours, in the next couple of days. It's it is. It is a sad statement of the world that we live in. You know. I used to say, I used to think that it was worse when I was young, because I'm old enough to have experienced John Kennedy being shot and Robert Kennedy and Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan right to think this is cyclic. But now three attempts on one man. And I had to say this because I think this is so important, and sometimes I hold back and being critical, but honestly, I'm not going to anymore. I think it's awful when you have elected officials, just like happened in Pittsburgh a couple of weeks ago, when there was a No King's rally and there's all these like eighty six forty, you know, like to kill Trump and talk about killing him and dehumanizing him, and these local Democrats go in front of these crowds and and you know, Rob raw and then psyche him up and never ever once say you shouldn't do that. What I saw in that crowd behind me that shouldn't happen. They don't. And this is incredibly dangerous because I don't know what the mental state was of this young man that did this, but I do know that if you look at that manifest it may as well been written from something that was on on social media or came from a Democratic elected official. I'm not quite sure that he was mentally unstable. I'm thinking that he thinks he's doing something righteous, and that's even more scary.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, no question about it.
Speaker 3: If you look at his writings, I mean, the things he's writing about, they weren't really unhinged or you know, rantings They were basically cut and pasted from anything you could get off of some people's ex accounts, off of Reddit, what you might hear on a cable TV panel. I mean he's literally or from a member of Congress who routinely.
Speaker 1: Calls Donald Trump Hitler or some such.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's ingesting this, he's marinating in it, he's reflecting it back in his writings, and then all of a sudden, he shows up with a shotgun. Caroline Levitt, the White House Press Secretary, just stepped off the podium.
Speaker 1: We have some sound from Matt. Let's hear from her and cut number twenty three.
Speaker 11: Saturday was supposed to be a joyful evening celebrating free speech in the First Amendment with all of you members of the press. Instead, the night was hijacked by a crazed anti Trump individual who traveled across the country to assassinate the President and as many administration officials as possible. This is the third major assassination attempt against President Trump in two years. No other president in history has faced such repeated serious attempts on his life. First, and foremost, the President, the first Lady, and everyone in this White House are extraordinarily grateful to the brave law enforcement professionals who sprang into action to apprehend the would be assassin and keep all of us safe. The President would especially like to express his gratitude to the men and women of the United States Secret Service, who acted with the utmost professionalism, courage, and sense of duty.
Speaker 3: It's White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt and we are speaking with Selina Zito, journalist who wrote the book Butler, about the President's assassination attempt there during the twenty twenty four campaign. And Selena, as you listen to the White House Press secretary, I'm interested in because of your reporting and your extensive writing about this, the president's personal relationship with the Secret Service.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously he has a lot.
Speaker 3: Of respect for and obviously a lot of thankfulness for what they do to protect him because of the threats that he has and faces it on a daily basis. What can you tell us about that personal relationship between the Trump's President, Milania, the Trump family and their protective detail.
Speaker 8: Well, I've never heard anything the President nor anybody that's been in charge of them trying to have anything had to say about them.
Speaker 9: They have a deep respect, mutual respect, for each other that've developed a warm relationship between each other.
Speaker 8: And it's very sort of different than what you saw with the Clintons and their secret Service detail. And with the Obamas, and there was their secret service detail, there was sort of a coolness in an arms length body language that went between them, and you can just go back and look at pictures and see that. But I have been around the President in the White House on the road of even been in the Beasts, and there is a rapport and a respect and an admiration that goes across both him and the agents at Urfaim.
Speaker 3: Selena Zito wrote the book Butler. She was in Butler, Pennsylvania, in the summer of twenty twenty four when the President was nearly assassinated. I encourage you if you haven't read Selena's account of being there and her reporting on the aftermath of what happened in Butler. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
Speaker 1: Selena. We wait for the movie.
Speaker 3: I know the movie rights soul of this book, and we wait to see how that turns out.
Speaker 1: And we're grateful for your time today. Thanks for coming on the show.
Speaker 8: Oh, thank you so much. It's tim production now, so Yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Thank you, Selena, Selena Zito. Boy, if you need to follow somebody and understand what's.
Speaker 1: Going on in Middle America and our American political affairs, Selena Zito is one to follow.
Speaker 3: Quick word I need to give you, and the word is this, our Jewish friends feel forgotten. There is a Jewish woman named Esther I'd like to tell you about. She's at her home in Israel and she's living through a lot of fear. The sirens are sounding, the rockets are screaming through the sky. She faces long stretches in bomb shelters. She's eighty four, elderly, fragile, alone, no help, no food deliveries, no medical care, no one knocking at the door. She's in a war zone. But because of friends like you, Esther is not alone. Because of the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. They are there bringing food and meeting urgent needs. Esther asked you to hear these words to those who give. You are doing a very great mitzvah, a good deed you give from your hearts. May God protect you. Stand with Israel, stand with people like Esther. Visit supportif CJ dot org. That is SUPPORTIFCJ dot org. Seeing in legal analyst Elliott Williams is up next on the charges against Saturday shooters.
Speaker 1: Stay with us.
Speaker 12: It's the very definition I've never backed down here, Scott Jennings.
Speaker 3: In the next hour, the man who shot up the White House correspondence dinner on Saturday night is expected in federal court in Washington, d C. Joining us to discuss the charges that he faces presently and could face over the next few days. My friend CNN legal analyst and former federal prosecutor Elliott Williams. Elliott, thanks for your time today. So let's start here. The man's name is Cole Thomas Allen. It's not really in question whether he did it. It's on video when the police subdued him in the seconds after he rushed into the event. What are the charges he faces now and what are you expecting to hear at this hearing today?
Speaker 6: Right so, right now, Scott, it looks like he's going to face charges of using a firearm during the commission of a crime of violence, pretty common charge, and assaulting a federal officer for shooting at an officer. Now, yeah, you know, it seems pretty obvious that he did it. You saw the video. I saw the video. Everybody in America saw the video. But really, prosecutors can only move forward with what they have and they can prove beyond reasonable doubt right now. Right more evidence is I think absolutely going to come out over time for additional charges he can face, but right now it's just those two. It's the use of a gun during a crime of violence and that assault against an officer.
Speaker 3: I guess what everybody's wondering Elliott is based on the evidence that emerges, and we're already seeing some things in his writings and his political leanings, but based on whatever comes out, is it possible that he will be charged with trying to assassinate the president or members of the president's cabinet.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I think it's absolutely possible. But I think everybody needs to take a breath and just remember that because something's been reported, whether it's on social media or any network, whether it's CNN or the Scott Jennings Show, anywhere, it's still not official until prosecutors have it, have reviewed it and vetted it, and they can charge someone with it, and they can go into court and prove something beyond a reasonable doubt. Like, Yeah, it seems pretty obvious that this guy was there to kill the president. When you show up with a long gun at the White House correspondence dinner as a gut feeling, that seems like it makes total sense. The problem is that you can't prosecute someone on gut feelings. Prosecutors have to have it. The FBI has to happen, and I'm confident that they're trying to get there. But just right now, it's not common to go in on that very first arraignment to charge him with just a few offenses and then add them later on.
Speaker 3: Hellyet, a couple of questions about the defendant here A have you heard about whether he's co operating with federal prosecutors or federal investigators on any information about what he was doing Saturday? And be do you know who is representing him? Does he have an attorney yet or is he using a public defender.
Speaker 6: I don't know the answer to the second question what his representation is.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 6: I've heard a number of times he's not quote unquote cooperating with law enforcement. You got to remember he's not obligated to cooperate with law enforcement. You've heard the words, you have the right to remain silent from every copture you've ever watched throughout your life. He doesn't have to cooperate and doesn't have to testify against other people that might have worked with himber whatever else. And it's his right, is his constitutional right to not say anything. And I would even go further and say, if people want this guy to go to jail, you know, let him exercise his rights now so that nothing screws the case up. You want a clean prosecution where you know, no right that he might have had get stepped on or in the way of by prosecutors. So yeah, if he wants to not cooperate, let him not cooperate. You see you in court, see you at trial, and then he can have his day then. But it's perfectly valid for him not to be cooperated with law enforcement.
Speaker 3: Checking the monitor here, Elliott, we're talking with Elliott Williams, cing INN legal analyst, And according to the screen, I'm looking at CNN reporting that the suspect here is being arraigned in federal court in Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 3: So that is occurring as we speak, Elliot, as we wrap up our conversation, two questions for you on the process here. A, based on what you know today and I know it's early, is it likely based on current charges or additional charges that could be tacked on, that he could face the death penalty?
Speaker 1: And B how long would you.
Speaker 3: Expect a case like this to take to get to some kind of resolution If in fact it does go to trial, he's.
Speaker 6: Not going to face the death penalty only because even for the attempt, the statutes here allow for life in prison but not death under federal law. He would need to have killed someone in order to get the death comly, but he could face life in prison. And he actually has a few different life life charges, both begun charge and if he's ultimately charged with trying to assassinate the president, so he could go away for a very very long time.
Speaker 3: Elliott Williams is a former federal prosecutor and he is one of the great CNN legal analysts. You see him across the shows analyzing the legal news of the day, and he's a good friend here. Elliott, thanks for your time today. I'm keeping an eye on CNN as we do the broadcast, and it looks like Cole Thomas Allen will be arraigned in federal court here. Over the next few minutes, we're going to take a break here on the Scott Jennings Show. When we come back, we got to talk to Jonathan Turley, another legal expert. Next hour, we got to talk about what's going on in Congress this week, which is not in substantial. Beth Vandyne of Texas will join us all of that right after this Monday, April the twenty seventh. We start with a quick check of the headlines. Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis today has released a proposed redraw of the Sunshine States congressional map that on paper, would create four new Republican seats. We're going to cover that story on the show a little bit more tomorrow. And there's been some movement in Virginia on the case against the new jerrymanderd map in Virginia. Kin Coochinelli, former Virginia Attorney General, joins us later this hour to discuss the latest on the legal case against that new map, which would go from six to five Democrat to ten to one Democrat. White House Correspondence dinner shooting suspect Cole Thomas Allen being arraigned this hour in federal District Court in Washington, and in breaking news this just end of the Scott Jennings Show, Cole Thomas Allen has now been charged with attempting to assassinate President Trump. In addition to the other charges that we already knew about.
Speaker 1: This new assassination.
Speaker 3: Charge would carry a possible sentence of life in prison. Just a little while ago, White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt took to the podium there in the briefing room. Let's hear from her and cut number twenty four.
Speaker 11: And while we are blessed to have a fearless president, we should not live in a country where such constant fear of political violence permeates our society every single day. We can, and we should have fierce disagreement in this country. As you all know, we disagree often myself in this role, in all of you in the news media. But those disagreements must remain peaceful. Debating, peaceful, protesting and voting are how we need to settle disagreements, not bullets. Nobody in recent years has faced more bullets and more violence than President Trump. This political violence stems from a systemic demonization of him and his supporters by commentators. Yes, by elected members of the Democrat Party and even some in the media.
Speaker 3: Sunday night, the President appeared on sixty Minutes and he was asked about the security provided by the Secret Service. Here's what the President had to say and cut number five.
Speaker 7: You know, I could take any event having to do with security or anything else, I can always find fault. Those guys did a good job last night. They did a really good job.
Speaker 3: We're now joined by At Smith, former Deputy Director of the United States Secret Service, to discuss the security questions that have arisen since Saturday night. We'll start here. Mister Smith, thanks for your time today. Do you agree with the president? Did the Secret Service perform admirably on Saturday night?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 12: They did. Actually, they did a wonderful job in terms of covering and evacuating the President first lady, you know, and the Vice President, as well as the other protectees that were there. The security plan obviously worked. You are never planning for an assailant such as the event the other night occurred. But at the same time, you know, people should keep in mind that as bad as that was, the individual was stopped and the Secret Service was able to do that before he made his way into the ballroom and likewise everyone inside, you know, remained safe, albeit it was disrupted to say the least.
Speaker 3: Mister Smith, I have a question about this venue, the Washington Hilton. Obviously they have this dinner there every year. How nervous does this building make you? I assume you covered and serviced events that were at the Washington Hilton.
Speaker 1: It's a public hotel.
Speaker 3: There are people that rent rooms there that have nothing to do with that dinner that took place on Saturday night. How should we be thinking about this venue and venues like it for presidential security moving forward?
Speaker 12: Well, it's certainly problematic, and the Washington Hilton is probably as problematic a hotel as you will find because of the way it's situated, and as you probably know, you have to go in and the way that this ticketing worked for this event. You went past the red carpet and the ticket check point on one level, and then you move down to go through the magnetometers, and then the ballroom is really below ground almost so it is very challenging. And at the same time, the Hilton is doing business as a public business, and people that are guests there, as you said, that have nothing to do with the event are coming and going, and so the Secret Service has to approach all of that in the advance work to make sure they're not impeding the public anymore than you know is absolutely necessary, and by the same token, trying to provide adequate security and an adequate security plan to keep those that are attending this event safe and none is probably more involved than this event because of the fact that you had the President, the first Lady, the Vice President, as I said, numerous other protectees and attendance.
Speaker 3: At Smith is a former deputy director of the United States Secret Service. We're talking to him about what happened at the White House correspondence dinner on Saturday night. Mister Smith, let's listen to another cut of President Trump from sixty minutes talking about the ballroom.
Speaker 1: Here's cut number six.
Speaker 7: So, first of all, I have to say, it's not a safe ballroom. I'm building a safe ballroom, and one of the reasons I'm building it is exactly what happened last night. We're building a room right there. If you walk out and move twenty yards to the left, you'll be right at the entrance to the ballroom. And that ballroom is being built on the safest piece of property in this country, probably one of the safest pieces of land in the world, and we have.
Speaker 5: But that's owned, that's the White House.
Speaker 8: The White House Correspondence Center can't use White House.
Speaker 7: It's able to be used by certainly the White House, it says the White House Correspondents. Well, that's the White House Press. I'm sure that it's available. You know, it's up to the president, but that would be made available. And this has bulletproof glass. This says, you know, this is the highest level of security.
Speaker 3: If as someone who's been in a position of protecting a president of the United States, what do you think about this? Do we need a fully secure ballroom in Washington, DC, as the President proposes for events like what we saw on Saturday night?
Speaker 12: Well, I know the ballroom itself as a political issue that goes back and forth. But the President's exactly right. I mean, any event held on the White House complex is going to be safe and secure, and to his point, it would probably be the most secure place in the world to hold an event. So he's exactly right on that level.
Speaker 3: Mister Smith, I want to ask you about who was in the room. I was doing coverage on CNN, and I'm looking in the room. There you've got the President, the Vice president, the Speaker of the House, senior members of the cabinet. The only member of the presidential line of succession that was not in there, I think was Iowa was Chuck Grassley, the Senate President pro tem. As a Secret Service agent, as someone in a leadership position at the Secret Service, do they think about things like that, the entire line of succession being in the same place at the same time, And do they.
Speaker 1: Ever offer advice to the White House.
Speaker 3: You know, things like, hey, maybe we ought to rethink having all these people in the same location.
Speaker 12: Well, that's something they should do. And you know, again that's normally an administration decision. I know, for instance, as you know with the state of the Union, they leave one member of the cabinet out just in case of a catastrophic event. But that's part of the role of the Secret Services too. They advise the administration on security related matters, things that they may not be thinking of on a daily basis. So, yes, that is certainly an area that the Secret Service should you know, be at least forceful in in terms of making it known. Now, ultimately they be in the administration will make a decision about whether they want to follow that advice or have everyone there. But quite frankly, yeah, that is part of the apparatus of the Secret Service to go ahead and discuss these measures and bring up things like that that not only could potentially cause a problem, but you know, serve as a level of advice.
Speaker 3: Final question for you, mister Smith, after Butler, after Saturday night, and after the Secret Service, which exists in the Department of Homeland Security being treated like something of a political football, especially by the Democrats in Washington as it relates to funding. What is in your opinion the current state the current status of the Secret Service?
Speaker 1: Is this agency in good shape?
Speaker 3: And do you have any recommendations for it over the next few months.
Speaker 12: Well, I think the agency is in good standing. I think the morale is good and I think that was exemplified by how you saw those Secret Service agents and officers react on Saturday night. They did their job. You know, as to the political aspect of it, they should be paid. This should not be part of a political football back and forth, you know, playing with not only their salaries but their families' lives and things of that nature. So they should definitely pay them. Said that, I think all of the agents are dedicated regardless of whether they're being paid or not. The fact that they showed up did their job shows their left dedication.
Speaker 3: At Smith former Secret Service Deputy Director, we thank you very much for your time today.
Speaker 1: We look forward to having you back.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Quick word from our friends at Chapter.
Speaker 3: If you or someone you know is dealing with medicare, you know it's confusing.
Speaker 1: You know it's a total mess.
Speaker 3: And I Scott Jennings and partnering with Chapter because they cut through the noise. They do these consultations. I just put my parents through it. Here were the results. My mom's going to save six hundred dollars a year because of what they were able to figure out with her plan G. And for my dad, he actually needed a new primary care physician, and Chapter through the consultation was a bit of a concierge for my dad. They found him a new doctor. If you were on the best plan in medicare for you, they'll tell you that. If you are not, they'll tell you that and they'll get you switched over in minutes and you could save hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars per year. Do not gamble with your own health care. To connect with the Chapter advisor, dial pound two point fifty and just say Medicare Plan.
Speaker 1: It's a free call. There's no pressure. You will talk to.
Speaker 3: A live human being. I cannot recommend this highly. More highly, I've seen it in action. Chapter can work for you. When we come back, Congresswoman Beth van Dine is with us right here on the Scott Jennings Show.
Speaker 1: Don't miss it. When he's done.
Speaker 8: The Oval Office are owning the libs on CNN.
Speaker 1: He's here with us.
Speaker 7: It's the Scott Jennings Show.
Speaker 3: One count attempting to assassinate the president, one count discharging a firearm during a violent crime. And there's one other charge that's being faced by Cole Thomas Allen, the shooter from Saturday Night's Dinner. This is all just breaking right now. He's being arraigned in federal court. We'll talk more about that later in the show. Joining us now to talk about what's going to happen in Congress this week. Congresswoman Beth van Dine of Texas. She's on the House Ways and Means Committee. Beth, thanks for coming back to the Scott Jennings show. I want to start here if I understand it correctly, you all are hauling a bunch of hospital CEOs in front of Congress this week to discuss healthcare affordability.
Speaker 1: What can you tell us about that?
Speaker 8: Well, look, I mean I think for far too always seen these massive healthcare empires that have been able there like basically rip off taxpayers. I mean they're hurting patients and they're really squeezing a lot of money from hard work in Americans. I think the healthcare lobby seeds to stick together when there is a taxpayer check on the table, but when you point fingers, they all start to bust. The accountability, high costee all start to point to one another. And last month we grolled from the biggest insurance company CEOs early this year and they blend the hospital for the rising costs. So on Tuesdays, we're bringing the hospital CEOs before the Ways the Means Committee to kind of answer for their role in the sky rocketing posts. They're just seem to be crushing our work and families.
Speaker 3: Beth, you all have a lot going on in Congress right now. You've got this big hearing on healthcare. You've got the FISA Section seven oh two issue going on, You've got immigration enforcement funding with the reconciliation bill, You've got the farm bill going on. It's a jam packed time for the House Republican majority. Can you get all this work done? How long is it going to take?
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, we can.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think the House has biled a prow that it can get a remarkable and undone and it seems that it goes to the Senate to die. So yeah, we've got, like you said, the size the bill. I know that we've been working on that over the weekend, trying to get some agreement between folks who want to make sure that there are proper reforms that respect and don't hurt people's constitutional rights, but that still provide national security. We're looking at a farm bill and making sure that our farmers can still get food on the table, and then we're looking at a reconciliation bill, and we're calling a reconciliation bill. But I think at this point in time, there's two different ways of looking at There is a short term funding bill for homeland security, which should have been done months ago, which we had opportunity to get done months ago. Democratist in the way. And then there's a larger reconciliation bill that a number of us are talking about that would include waste for our abuse and ways of including things that got dropped out of last year's Working Family's tass cut. So yeah, we have our work cut out for us, but I think it's a mistake to let people go home until that work's done.
Speaker 3: Congress Willman Beth van Dinas from Texas. She's our special guest member of Congress today. Beth, I'm sure you watched in horror Saturday night, just as I did, as someone for a third time tried to kill a President Trump. That person's now been charged just a moment ago with attempting to assassinate the president. It's pretty obvious this guy was marinating in left wing talking points that you can hear every day on cable news, that you can see on social media, and that you hear come out of the mouths of some of your colleagues in Congress.
Speaker 8: Your reaction to this, yeah, No, I think you're absolutely right. I mean, I mean, you have Hakeem Jeffery is saying that, you know, we have to have constant warfare, you know, on a blood red background, and he's leading, He's the leading a Democrat in Congress. I mean, yes, this is warfare. This is how they're identifying it, and they're trying to justify it. And I want to thank you because you had a post earlier today in your comments on CNN when you called it out and you said you are far left extremists who are justifying this violence, who are happy to see it it occur, and it's only going to cause more. So I want to thank you for calling it what it is. And they don't have a response for that, but they sit here and try to blame Republicans for it. This is hateful, this is this is this apparently was a normal guy who has been radicalized. And I don't know if it was in his academic career that this happened or it's just from seeing it justified over and over again. But at the same time that they're calling Trump nazi and saying that the Republicans are haters haters, you're seeing more and more violence from the left for petraying on the right. And it's a number now of attacks against this president.
Speaker 3: I was on Sunday morning and saw Congressman Jamie Raskin of Maryland get asked directly, are you worried about the rhetoric on the left, and he said, what rhetoric are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I mean this idea that they're not aware yea restaurant.
Speaker 8: When you see them in shopping centers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: And so the failure to take responsibility for this or to say well, it's both sides, or you know, Donald Trump brought that on himself, which is what you hear from people on the left commonly. It's actually pretty despicable, but it creates a permission structure on the left for these kinds of things to keep happening. Congresswoman Beth van Dine of Texas, I know you have a busy week with this Ways and Means Committee hearing. We wish you the best with the hospital CEOs, and we wish the Republicans the best as they try to get their work done for the American people.
Speaker 1: Thanks for your time today.
Speaker 8: Hey, thank you very much, Scott.
Speaker 3: Beth one of the best members of the House Republican Congress, always grateful for her time. We're going to take a break, but when we come back. Fox News legal analyst Jonathan Turley joins us he's got a book out and I want to get his opinion of what we're seeing with this arraignment in federal court, all of it.
Speaker 1: Right after this on the Scott Sheenning Show, Common Sense for the American People.
Speaker 5: This is the Scott Jenning Show.
Speaker 3: Monday, April the twenty seven, Common Sense for the American People. It's Scott Jennings broadcasting to you today on a Monday in Washington, d C. Lot going on and to discuss that, we'll have legal Legend Fox News legal analyst and author Jonathan Turley coming up in sixty seconds. First, a word from our friends at the AAARP who want you to know, and it is true that scammers are stealing billions of dollars from America's senior citizens and they are ramping up their efforts. They're using calls and texts and clicks, and when they do these scams, they can steal a senior's entire life savings. It happens every day. However, AARP wants you to know that we have the power to stop these criminals, and AARP is fighting for bipartisan common sense solutions to protect older Americans from losing all of their hard earned money to these scammers. So we need you to join us today. Visit action dot aarp dot org, slash fraud Pledge if you'd like to join this campaign against these against these scammers who are targeting our senior citizens. Scott Jennings here on Salem. It is Monday, April the twenty seventh. And joining us now is Jonathan Turley, nationally recognized legal scholar and author of the new book called Rage and the Republic, The Unfinished Story of the American Revolution. Jonathan, it's a great honor for us to have you on the Scott Jennings Show today. I want to start with your book. We're obviously in America two point fifty right now. This book's coming along at an interesting time. Tell us about Rage in the Republic.
Speaker 10: Well, Scott, thank you for having me on. And it is a book that, unfortunately is a bit more poignant than I hoped it would be, certainly more timely. We're watching an age of rage unfold. And this is a book about revolutions, about how they begin and more importantly, how they end. Most revolutions end poorly, which is one of the reasons the US Revolution is so notable.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 10: The first half of the book looks backwards and tries to figure out why we have two revolutions occurring at roughly the same time, the Revolution in the United States and the one in France, and one became the most successful democracy in history and the other became the terror and I try to isolate the elements that are responsible for those very different trajectories. The founders wanted to avoid the pattern in history of democracies becoming what they called my biocracies. The second half of the book forward and asks can that republic survive in the twenty first century? Can it survive us? And that's a bit more poignant than I'd hoped, because it talks about the rage politics being used by many today, particularly on the left, where you have rage rhetoric and this desire to use that rage to reacquire power, particularly in the midterms. And unfortunately what we saw just at the recent dinner is an example of that. In fact, many of the statements from the manifesto of the shooter could have been ripped from the pages of Rage and the Republic. Those are almost exact quotes of what I talk about in the book, but they're coming from democratic politicians and people on the left. And that's the thing about rage is that it has a purpose, right, It's designed to take away the humanity of people that disagree with you. They're no longer people, and you can eat them completely and absolutely, you can even take their lives. And that's what we see in this manifesto, that's what we see in all around us today. And what people won't admit it, Well, what they said they won't admit is that they like it, and then it's contagious and it's addictive. But these politicians that are injecting this rage into the body politic are playing a dangerous game because they can't control it. They can't control people like this guy. You know, these are people who are looking for a license to commit violence.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you're exactly right, Jonathan.
Speaker 3: They realize they can't control it, and so they take different tactics to try to deflect from it. I was on CNN Sunday morning with Congressman Jamie Raskin who got asked directly, you know what about the rageful rhetoric on the left, are you worried about that? And he said, well, what rhetoric are you talking about? And this idea that you can just you know, pretend that it's not happening, or put your head in the sand. I think it's in it mission. They can't control it, but it's also a permission structure for people to go out and act on it. In fact, let's listen to this. This is a congressman named Rajah Krishtna Murphy. He was asked about the shooting attempt on Saturday night. Here's what he had to say at cut number fifteen.
Speaker 13: There's tremendous, as you can understand, concern given the threat levels that are going up in part because of the president and now three assassination attempts on him, is very low approval ratings, which unfortunately fuel a lot of disaffection.
Speaker 3: I mean, here you have a member of Congress just this morning on television saying, well, the president has low.
Speaker 1: Approval ratings, So what do you expect?
Speaker 3: I mean, that's essentially was him wiping away any responsibility for this.
Speaker 1: How do you respond to something like that. I was shocked when I heard it.
Speaker 10: You know, it's good that we still haven't lost our capacity for shock. I think many people have. He is one of the great rage bongers on the hill, but he's not alone, and they know exactly what they're doing, you know, they're there. They believe that this mounting level of rage will bring them power in just a few months. And that's what this is all about. And that's one of the reasons why they're not coming forward today and saying, Wow, we need to really step this down, We need to take responsibility, because this rage has a purpose, you know. They you know, rage in the Republic looks back at our revolution. It figures like Thomas Paine, who is sort of the voice of righteous rage in our revolution. And I follow his life through the American Revolution then to the French revolutions. If he was one of two figures who played a role in both, and the other being Lafayette. What Pain witnessed in the French Revolution was what happens if you have a revolution without the structural protections that we have. He saw what one French writer described iss how revolutions like Saturn devour their own children. It almost killed Pained, It was almost guillotine. But he saw what happens when you allow unrestrained rage to take over. That's what we're facing again on our two or fiftieth anniversaries I talk about in regular their public you've got law professors and themes calling for us to scrap our constitution. They're saying that the constitution is now harmful and it's what's hurting us. And they're actually calling for the very elements that distinguished us from the French Republic, the very elements had led to the terror in France.
Speaker 3: That boys, you're hearing on the show today. Jonathan Turley, he's got a book out. It's incredible. It's called Rage and the Republic, The Unfinished Story of the American Revolution.
Speaker 1: It was an instant New York Times best seller.
Speaker 3: It gets amazing reviews from customers who've read it on Amazon. You can go there and order it right now. A bit of breaking news that actually is related to the American Revolution. I see on my monitor here, Jonathan, that the plane carrying King Charles and Queen Camilla from London has arrived in the United States. I see the stairs being rolled up, and so we'll see the King of England arriving for his state visit shortly. Will bring you details of that as they unfold, Jonathan, I want to shift gears to what we saw happen on Saturday night, we just saw the shooter arraigned in federal District court in Washington, d C. They have added a charge attempting to assassinate the President of the United States that would carry a life sentence possibly if he is convicted. Do you think they can make that stick given the details of the case that you know right now, yes, Scott.
Speaker 10: I mean the problem for his defense counsel, and I spent most of my career as a criminal defense attorney, is that there's really now defense here. His high functionality, the planning, the manifesto all make it virtually impossible in my view, for him to make a capacity or insanity defense. So he doesn't have a lot left. He's on video shooting a secret Service agent. You know, he's on video trying to get into the room with the president. His manifesto talks directly about the president, says he's the Antichrist, so that he's going to end his legacy. All of that makes these charges land pretty hard and pretty stably for a prosecutor. You know, he might be able to argue that he was actually gunning for others, but it's pretty implausible that you would go into a room and you would have a bunch of cabinet members and the president, and you start out by taking out the sectary of hut. I mean, they it's rather obvious that he was after the president and these other people. Now, those charges, particularly the first one, come with in man a life imprisonment sentences, and this is just the sort of placeholders you're going to see. I think when we finally see the indictment which his hass go to a grand jury, I expect we'll see not just an indictment, but probably a superseding indictment. They'll just keep adding charges just to make sure they've got bells and suspenders. But judging from the evidence already in this case, you know, unless he's got an evil twin, he didn't have much.
Speaker 12: Of a defense.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Turley is our guest here on the Scott Jennings Show. One of the things I've been thinking about since Saturday night, and you're a constitutional scholar, I'm interested in your opinion of this is the entire line of succession save Chuck Grassley of Aisle Well, the Senate President pro tem, was in that room. Do you think that the executive and legislative branch leaders need to think a little more carefully about where they put themselves. I mean, you had the president and vice president, you had the Speaker of the House, you had senior members of the cabinet. Are we to a point now, based on what we're seeing in our political culture, where we're going to have to keep these people apart from each other as much as possible.
Speaker 10: You know, it's interesting because the White House said today that they were already aware that various cabinet members would not be attending the dinner, so they didn't have to use the sort of state of the Union approach and have that one successor out because they had a number of successors. I think that the biggest change will obviously be one of security. It's always amazed me about the dinner. The last time I was there, I didn't go this year. Last time I was there, I was like three feet away from the president.
Speaker 12: He was, you know, And.
Speaker 10: The fluidity of the movement in front of the president is really surprising. All the events I have gone to with president, that's the one that is the most fluid. That people walk right up to the President. And so it's always been a little bit unnerving that, you know, if the other unnerving quality is it's really really compact. I always thought if there was a fire in this room, half the people couldn't get out because it's so compact. So I'm a feeling that they're going to change it. They're going to probably make it left compact. There's an argument that they're going to make a single entrance not connect to hotel. But the really poignan argument, Scott, as you know, is you know this question about the new ballroom. You know, it's really interesting that.
Speaker 3: And maybe necessary, as the President has said, I mean you've got yeah, I mean it would be the most secure place in DC to do anything like this. I mean the President has been making this point. Now it's pretty obvious.
Speaker 10: Yeah, as you know, Scott, the judge that justin joined it made a note to say, well, there's not any real clear national security values.
Speaker 1: Like what Well, now you just ease to turn on the news and figure it out.
Speaker 3: The book is called Rage in the Republic, The Unfinished Story of the American Revolution. The author that voice you've been hearing, Jonathan Turtley. You see him on Fox News. He's a legend of the legal business, and we look to him and look to you often. Jonathan for your comment on legal issues of the day in our US constitution. We're grateful for your time today and we look forward to seeing you in your next appearance, which I'm sure we'll be soon given.
Speaker 1: The legal issues at play today. Appreciate it. Thanks for coming on.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Scott.
Speaker 1: Good to be with you all right.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Turley from FOXW making his inaugural appearance on The Scott Jetting Show. We'll take a break and we come back, Virginia Redistrict Team. We've got some news on that. Stay with us.
Speaker 7: Portion to the Scot Jetting Show are sponsored in part by Americans for Prosperity.
Speaker 3: Monday, April twenty seventh, the breaking news is King Charles and Camilla have just descended the staircase and they're at Andrew's Air Force Base in Maryland. They're greeting people at the bottom of the staircase right now. They've been handed some flowers by some children. I think that's our friend Monica Crowley, the protocol officer at State who you hear on the show sometimes there is helping coordinate this visit.
Speaker 1: So the King of England and the Queen.
Speaker 3: Will head over to the White House for tea and then we'll see him over at the British Embassy this say, afternoon. I'm going over there after the show, by the way, to hopefully see the King and the Queen. So we'll tell you about that tomorrow. Do you want to give you a quick message that our friends in Israel, our Jewish friends, are feeling rather forgotten right now. The story is about a woman named Esther, and she's at her home in Israel. She's living through days and nights of fear. There sirens sounding, rockets are screaming through the sky. She's spending long stretches in bomb shelters. Eighty four years old, she's elderly, she's fragile.
Speaker 1: She's alone.
Speaker 3: No help, no food, no medical care, no one knocking at the door in the middle of this war zone.
Speaker 1: That's what she fail.
Speaker 3: But because of friends like you, Esther is in fact not alone. And it's through the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews.
Speaker 1: You're right there.
Speaker 3: You're bringing the food, you're meeting urgent needs, and you're reminding Jewish people like Esther that you're not forgotten in times of fear and uncertainty. Your compassion brings hope and help Esther asked me to pass along these words. Quote to those who give, you're doing a very great mitzvah, a good deed you give from your hearts. May God protect you your prayers for God's protection and for the peace of Jerusalem.
Speaker 1: Give Jewish people like Esther hope.
Speaker 3: Stand with Israel in prayer by visiting SUPPORTIFCJ dot org. That is support IFCJ dot org. It's the home stretch of the Scott Jennings show here on Monday, April the twenty seventh, We're going to get an update now from former Virginia Attorney General Ken Kouchinelli who joins us. He is part of the legal challenge that is going on against this jerrymanderd redistricting map in Virginia. It is headed to the Virginia Supreme Court. Can I see that there's a little action on this today?
Speaker 1: What can you tell us?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 2: The Supreme Court heard oral argument this morning. They called a special session to do it and they heard on the argument on the twenty twenty five calendar in fractions by the Democrat General Assembly. A different case has the twenty twenty six violations of the Virginia Constitution and that incredible ballot language that so many people have read. You can see it on my Twitter feed at ten Kuchinelli. But today was focused on twenty twenty five, the fact that while the Democrats gave us a forty five day election and we vote odd years, it's like y'all doing Kentucky. So we had an election last year. A million people had already voted on Halloween when they General Assembly swooped into town to pass this proposed Gerrymander amendment. And their lawyer today, he's only defense of it was, look, if you vote early, you do so at your own risk. That was the Democrats lawyer. Now the argument, and you know, Jay Jones, the Age of Virginia, has been out saying he's defending the vote outcome. Defending the vote outcome. The first question from a justice to the AG's lawyer was does the vote outcome matter for our legal analysis? Answer? No, Justice, it does not. So what j Jones has been out arguing for six days in public was immediately conceded to be irrelevant by his own lawyer at the first question.
Speaker 1: Yeah in the case.
Speaker 3: Today, Ken, so bottom line here, and you broke this news on the Scott Jenny Show last week is that it's your view, and it appears to be a more than viable argument that the Democrats here violated the Virginia Constitution's calendar mandates as it relates to a constitutional amendment, and it's not really in question.
Speaker 1: And we're going to get a ruling on this from the court pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Right, it will be pretty quick. They did briefing Thursday, two days after the referendum. They heard oral argument today. I don't ever remember a case they are going any faster, and so I wouldn't be surprised to see a ruling in two weeks or by mid bay.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: That is former Reds is lightning fast.
Speaker 1: Lightning fast.
Speaker 3: But of course people need to know because this map has passed and it radically changes the congressional districts in Virginia.
Speaker 2: So I guess see that's why they're going some fast, and I give them credit for that.
Speaker 3: All right, The former Attorney General of Virginia Kin Kochinelli. That's the voice you've been hearing.
Speaker 2: Ken.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 3: We'll keep updating with you on this as we wait for the Virginia Supreme Court while this is going on. By the way, in Virginia, which the map could be thrown out, you could revert to the old districts. We've got the situation in Florida, which we're going to track tomorrow where Governor Ron De Santis has unveiled a possible new map today and it would add four Republican seats in Florida. So we could see a real swing of momentum on redistricting towards the Republicans based on what happens over the next couple of weeks. I'm headed off to see the King of England. Thank you for listening. We'll be back on the air with you tomorrow at Scott Jennings on Salem. Common sense for the American people. We appreciate you.
Speaker 7: Thanks for a litten voice of reason, common sense for the American people.
Speaker 8: This is the Scott Jenny Show.