Speaker 1: Welcome to the program. No thictocrats allowed, because we've got a country to say, so let's get her teed up. That subdiggo.
Speaker 2: You can't succeed with lt.
Speaker 1: Triple eight ninet seven one Sage Triple eight ninety seven one seven two four three. I am Larry Elder. We are Salem News Channel. President Trump says the war against Iran will end soon. What would happen to New York City if Mayor mom Donni truly got his way? A New York based hedge fund manager who went from donating to Democrats to supporting Donald Trump offers his scenario. Senator Chuck Schumer has endorsed Abdul l Said, who advocates cutting off all aid to Israel. Democrat Texas candidate James tallerco denounces the theory of trickle down economics. Here's a problem. There is and never was any such theory advocated by any economist. DSA leaders say it's a requirement now for their endorsed candidates to dismantle the US government. Former DNC chair David Hogg says there's no room for moderates in the Democrat Party. Ronald Reagan warned about Medicare for all. We will revisit my conversation with Dave Ruben, who at one time bought into the systemic systemic racism against blacks nonsense. The Senate Homeland Security voted eight to five down party lines to hold doctor Fauci in contempt of Congress for taking the fifth over one hundred times. Remember when Jimmy Carter in two thousand and five advocated photo voter ID we do all of this and more. Triple eight nine seven one shge triple eight nine seven one seven two four to three. I've read the platform of the DSA, especially the new one where they updated it, and now they want to get rid of the Senate, get rid of the electoral College, abolished ice in the carcerial state, incarcial state, meaning get rid of prisons. That well known political pundit Richard Pryor weighed in on the idea of getting rid of prisons number thirty eight.
Speaker 3: At least I don't have to look at them anymore.
Speaker 4: I went to penitentiary jan while I did a movie. I went to not me personally, I mean I went to do a film in penitentiary and it was I was up there six weeks Arizona State Penitentiary.
Speaker 1: It was something. Oh you're plaud that.
Speaker 5: Arizona State Penitentiary real popular.
Speaker 4: Oh man, it was strange because it's like eighty percent black people. And what's strange about that is that there are no black people in Arizona.
Speaker 6: I'm not lying.
Speaker 1: They both then, and I was up there.
Speaker 4: And I spoke at all the brothers, and it made my heart ate. You know, it's all the beautiful black men and the Joint Warriors should be out there helping the masses.
Speaker 1: And I felt that way.
Speaker 7: I was real naive.
Speaker 1: Right in six weeks, I was up there.
Speaker 5: I talked to the brothers, you know, and I talked to them and thank god we got penitents.
Speaker 4: I asked usaid, why did you kill everybody in the house.
Speaker 3: Because there was home.
Speaker 1: Now, this reminds me of what Tupac Secure said about the need for the police in black communities.
Speaker 8: Please, and the main thing for us to rem is that the same crime element that white people are scared of, Black people are scared of the same crime element that white people fear. We fear, so we defend ourselves from the same crime element that they scared of. You know what I'm saying while they waiting for the legislation to pass and everything, we next door to the killer. We next door to them, you know, because we up in the projects where it's eighty in the building. All them killers that they letting out, they right there in that building. But it's better just because we black, we get along with the killers or something. We get along with the rapist because we black and we from the same.
Speaker 1: What is that we need protection too? What is that? That's these DSA members primarily white, primarily extremely well educated, not living in black areas, telling you that we're gonna defund the police with the polls show that black people want the police to remain the same level, if not increased, And we're gonna let bad guys out of prison because they're not going to move to a morphat Vineyard, They're not going to move to the suburbs. They're going to move to the inner city where a lot of black and brown people live. This is what these people are doing. And ifjord Mombami got his way, what would happen to New York City. This is Bill Ackman. He is a billionaire hedge fund manager donated to Democrats for years until he switched and began donating to President Donald Trump number forty two.
Speaker 9: Let's talk about affordability. We start with rent or cost of housing. Why is the cost of housing so high in New York City Because unfortunately left wing mayors have made it very difficult for developers to build in New York City, and Mandami when he freezes rents, he's just going to make the problem worse. There are buildings in New York City, many, many buildings in New York City where half the tenants plus or minus are rent stabilized apartments, and so their rent is frozen and the other half a market. And so what does the landlord do in order to make generate enough cash flow to cover his interest expense is going to raise rents in the part of the because he can't raise them on half departments.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 9: So there's there's bad policy that's led to a big part of the Fordabilla problem. Why is energy costs so high in New York State. It's because we've shut down nuclear power and we've you know, it takes fifteen years to get a uh you know, power line approved of pipeline. You know, you know, we shut down tracking in New York state, and the result is that we're importing you know, natural gas from Pennsylvania.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 9: Just bad policy, and so you know, the we can fix a lot of these problems with much better policy. You look at Florida. Florida's an incredibly well managed state. They're talking about eliminating I think they voted recently eliminate real estate taxes. Right, How are they able to do that? Just good policy. Austin, Texas, you know, rents have come way down. Why because they made it really easy to build. You make it really hard to build in a city where people want to live or they're moving to. And then you don't allow landlords to recover the costs to renovate their units, they're going to pull them off the market. So what's happened in New York We had like some sixty thousand units that are off the market because the cost to renovate them cannot be recovered under the rent regulations. You want the Ken Griffins of the world to locate Citadel here, You want him to spend two hundred and fifty million dollars in apartment Why because that's two hundred fifty million dollar purchase made that building economically viable. Well that the construction that building created, how many jobs, how many rich people moved into that building? Who are going to pay taxes the system? A system can work very well. You want people at the very top, who are you know, very small percentage of the population is paying a big you know, it's something like the top ten percent January seventy percent of the revenues. That doesn't sound like a particularly unfair You know, you want to have the Elie must of the world, but you don't want to discourage Elon Musk from locating his business here. I mean, look at what's happening in California right now. The United States made it such that a five percent wealth tax in California, which they say is one time. It's first of all, it's never one time. Income taxes were deminimous and they only apply to a small percentage, say one time. But you're worried it'll come back for more. It's a certainty. It's a certainty. So we have two big problems. We have enormous waste and fraud and government, and we have bad policy that economic policy, bad tax policy. And by the way, there are many things that are unfair about what tax policy that can be fixed. But you know the this the answer is socialism.
Speaker 1: Socialism is a disaster.
Speaker 9: Okay, watch if Mondami is successful in implementing these plans, watch what happens to New York City.
Speaker 1: You know, this notion that these lefties have are just fringe guys in the Democratic Party. Keep in mind that Bernie Sanders almost won the twenty sixteen primary against Hillary. He had won about twenty five primaries and caucuses, I believe, and then in twenty twenty he was a leader. He was front runner after won the Nevada caucuses, and that's when James Cliburn pulled Joe Biden, who, as David Axod said, was mister magooing his way through the primary season because they thought that Bernie Sanders was too radical. But he was the front runner. And when Biden became president, began passing all of his stuff. His inflation reduction actor, even he said, was a big green new deal, even Biden said it. What did Berndie Sanders say? He said he was very happy. He rarely criticized Biden because he felt he was getting pretty much all he wanted. He had a guy Joe Biden, who called climate change the biggest existential threat facing the country, not radical Islam, not around the number one sponsor of terrorism, attempting to acquire a nuclear bomb. No, the number one threat was climate change. And he cut back substantially on drilling. We had high gas prices, we had high inflation. And again here in California, every dumb idea that they're thinking about trying in DC has been tried twice out here already. And what's been the result, highest unemployment in the nation, massive gap between the rich and the poor. James Tallarico has criticized what he calls trickle down economics. Stick around for that now, whether you're preparing for exams, juggling family and career, or just looking to stay sharp as you age, think Factor is here to help. Created by the same company that makes Relief Factor, think Factor supports sharper focus, stronger recall, and clearer thinking. It's a natural way to give your brain the daily nutrients it needs for memory, attention, even vibrant vision. I take it every single morning and get this. Think Factor results get better the longer it's taken. So if you want to stay focused during demanding tasks, keep your memory strong and maintain mental energy for whatever's head. Think factor is for you eight hundred for relief eight hundred to number four relief or relief factor dot com. That's relief factor dot com. Parents. The biggest question in education today is how artificial intelligence is shaping the way your student learns. Artificial intelligence is changing education faster than most schools are willing to admit, and many families are rightly concerned. At Patrick Henry College, the goal isn't to outsource thinking to machine, means is to train students to think for themselves. PHC emphasizes a Christian liberal arts education that develops reasoning, writing, speaking, and discernment skills. No algorithm can replace student learn to engage technology wisely understanding its capabilities, but also its danger and limitations, rather than becoming dependent on it. In a world increasingly shaped by AI, Patrick Henry College prepares students to lead with wisdom, conviction, and moral clarity. If you want a college that prepares your child to lead in an AI driven world without losing his or her faith and values, I encourage you to learn more about Patrick Henry College. Visit PHC dot edu slash elder that's PHC dot edu slash Elder Triple late nine seven one Sage Triple eight nine seven one seven two four three. I am Larry Elder. We are Salem News Channel. Several years ago, Thomas Soule wrote a colum call the trickle down Lie, talked about how Mayor build de Blazzio, in his inaugural speech denounced quote people on the far right who continued to preach the virtue of trickle down economics. Close quote, and soul says, if there's ever a contest for the biggest lie in politics, this one should be a top contender. He said that many lies told in politics, most of them have some sort of tiny fractions of truth then to make them sort of plausible. But the trickle down lie is one hundred percent lie. Years ago, he wrote a column and challenged anybody to quote any economists outside of an assane asylum whoever ever advocated quote trickle down. He said, Mayor Deblasia was by no means the first politician to denounce this non existent theory, which no economists ever advocated. Two thousand and eight, Obama denounced trickle down again, despite no economists ever promoting such a theory. He said, let me ask you something Why would anybody advocate that we give a something and hopes that it would trickle down to b Why in the world would any sane person not just give it to be and cut out the middleman. And the basis for trickle down is the assumption that you can just keep taxing and taxing and taxing without altering the behavior of those who are taxed. And that really is what is meant by supply side economics, that when you tax productive people to the point where they cease being productive, everybody gets hurt. When JFK advocated cross the board tax cuts, he made the argument every dollar saved could be spent or invested, thus creating new jobs, and that everybody would benefit. Today he'd be called trickle down suspect. And take about take a look at what some of these Democrat presidents have said, like Woodrow Wilson. He said this in nineteen nineteen. At some point, high rates of income and profits, discourage energy, remove the incentive to new enterprise, encourage extravagant expenditures, and produced industrial stagnation with consequent unemployment and other attendant evils. Close Ford, that was a Democrat JFK nineteen sixty two. It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high today and tax revenues are too low, and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now. End of quote. Yet these DNC people that say there ought not be billionaires, the DNC people that lie and say the rich don't pay their fair share, don't seem to understand this and trotting down the old trickle down lie is good, Old James Tallerico number thirty.
Speaker 3: Trickle down economics is not a theory. It is theft. For fifty years, For fifty years, billionaire mega donors and their puppet politicians have been stealing from the American people, stealing the wealth that we created.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you get your bride, You get the point. When I was running for governor, someone pulled out an article I wrote where I said the minimum way should be zero? And she said, are you saying that people should work for nothing? I says that what the article says. I said, do you work for nothing? She said no, I said, neither do I. Why would anybody work for nothing? Is the term for that? It's called slavery? I said. All I said is that a third party ought not get in the middle of a willing seller of labor and a willing buyer of labor. And I said, even most left winging economists believe that the minimum wage will hurt people. I said, who's your favorite economist? Blank Stare. I said, well, name an economists, because all the major ones I know, and I would know pretty much how they feel about the minimum wage. Waiting for her to name, I said, well, just name one, blank Stare. I said, you can't think of a single economist. She said, well, the professor I studied in college. I said, what's his or her name? Blank Stare. I said, so here you are attacking me for saying there should not be a minimum wage, and you can't think of a single economist who disagrees with me, even Paul Krugman. He is economist who's written for years for the New York Times. Left wing guy despises Donald Trump said that when Donald Trump got elected in one point zero there would be a depression. He was just off a little bit, and by the way, now he'd come around to agreeing that Donald Trump might be right about some of the things he said about tariffs. Jonathan Gruber, one of the architects of Obamacare also wrote negatively about a living wage or a minimum wage. This is just economics. One oh One's probably the most studied aspect of economics. There have been a number of pages papers written about this over the years, and economists a few years ago looked at about one hundred pages papers that had been written in the last several years about this. Eighty five percent of them found harmful effects, some found extremely harmful effects, a handful of them found neutral effects. Only a couple of them said that the minimum wage had a positive act. One of those was the famous Card Kruger or Kruger Card study that has been thoroughly, thoroughly debunked by other people that tried to replicate their results. Now you remember when I told you that Ben Rhodes, who was the architect of the Iran deal during the Obama administration, gave an interview to the New York Times. Don't ask me why he did it. Very candidly said, you know, I sold this thing on a narrative that there were hardliner iotolus and moderate iotolus, and if he wanted to give the upper hand to the moderate iototes, we need to do this deal, and he admitted that there was no distinction between hard lighter Iotolus and moderate Iotolus, and said he was able to sell it because the average reporter covering foreign policy, because I got rid of a lot of the veterans as the newspapers began to contract for losing money. The average reporter covering foreign policy, he said, with twenty seven years old quote, and they literally know nothing close quote. How many of these reporters covering the economy, covering tax covering spending, covering monetary policy are clueless about economics? One O one. I suspect a great deal of them are. That's why you hear this lie over and over and over again that the Donald Trump tax cuts went to the top one percent. Bull everybody who paid taxes got a break. But they still say this over and over and over again, just like just as they say over and over and over again, the rich don't pay their fair share in taxes. We come back when I talk about what the great Thomas Soul said about people that are denouncing the non existent trickle down theory. And let's revisit what Ronald Reagan said about Medicare for all, which is exactly what these Democrats DSA people really want, and I don't know a single Democrat who has not also advocated medicare for all. So there's no big, wide gulf between DSA and Democrats on many issues on Lariod.
Speaker 12: Half a century later, Watergate still shapes how Americans view power, scandal and trust. This weekend, the America two fifty film series presents Watergates, Secrets and Betrayals, revisit the investigation through archival footage, interviews, and new arguments about what happened. Launched Saturday and Sunday at seven pm Eastern on Salem News Channel.
Speaker 3: Trickle down economics is not a theory. It is theft for fifty years. For fifty years, billionaire mega donors and their puppet politicians have been stealing from the American people, stealing the wealth that we created with their bribes, their bailouts, and their billionaire tax breaks. This affordability crisis isn't something that happened over the last five years. This affordability crisis has been fifty years in the making. Since the late nineteen seventies, mega donors and corporate special interests have been buying politicians in both political parties and then those politicians turned around and rigged the economy to benefit their wealthy donors at our expense. We have an affordability crisis because we have a corruption crisis.
Speaker 1: Triple late nine seven one sage Triple eight nine seven one seven two four to three. I am Larry Yelder. We are stealem News Channel. Last I checked something like forty some odd billionaires have donated to the candidacy of mister tallerco Here is Thomas soul on this business of trickle down, Ember thirty.
Speaker 13: One, Segment three, Trickle down and Millionaires. Now the attack on this theory which has been tested and shown to work. President Obama in December of last year. The market will take care of everything. They tell us, jobs and prosperity will eventually trickle down to everyone else. In April of this year. During the Bush years, the wealthy got wealthier, but prosperity sure didn't trickle down. In July this past summer for Barack Obama, We've tried it their way. It didn't work. We were told that prosperity would start at the top and then trickle down. Close quote where does this trickle Where does this phrase trickle down come from?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 7: I don't know it was as far back as as the first as the Rosevelt administration. There is absolutely it is an incredible thing. It's there is a non existent theory that is constantly being attacked. Some years ago, in my newspaper column, I challenged anybody to cite any economist outside of an insane asylum who had ever made that argument. Nobody ever ever came up with a single person.
Speaker 13: So when Barack Obama says in this past July quote, we were told that prosper who.
Speaker 7: Told him, nobody told him nobody.
Speaker 13: No economist has ever held that. No politician has ever said it.
Speaker 7: I don't know anybody who's ever said it. In fact, when I put this out and I went out nationally, something caated column. Various people wrote me and said, well, so and so said that, so and so said it. But find me the person who said it. I don't want to hear how A said that. B said, find me B and show me where he said it. And that was years ago. Not one example has been offered.
Speaker 13: All right, So trickle down economics is not a political theory. It is a political I beg your pardon. It's not an economic theory. It is a political hack phrase.
Speaker 1: Used as a caricature.
Speaker 7: Caricature in other words, the argument really is is not that they that you should put more more money in the hands of the wealthy. It's also part of a zero sum conception of the economy. There's the thought that if you cut the tax rates on the rich, why then there'll be less taxes for the government, or you'll have to raise the taxes on other people to make up the difference, or cut programs and so forth. So that that that I hear all the time. It drives me crazy.
Speaker 13: So what so what about this notion George Bush? It was a giveaway that George Bush cut taxes on the rich and if he had not done that, the budget would be much closer to balance. He was just giving it.
Speaker 7: Points. Yes, but in the in the in the in the paper, I point out where the New York Times itself says, you know, there's been an unexpectedly large increase uh in tax revenues from the wealthy and from corporations, which has reduced the projected budget deficit. And that question, Yes, expectations are in the eyes of.
Speaker 13: The beholders, unexpected by the New York Times.
Speaker 7: Unexpected by the New York Times exactly. But that's exactly what people have been expecting from more at that point three quarters of a century, and which had been happening in the New York Times, just chose not to understand it.
Speaker 13: President Obama once again at the Democratic National Convention, addressing he might as well he and his speechwriters might as well have composed this passage for you, Tom Soul. President Obama talking to Tom.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodess.
Speaker 15: Now I've cut taxes for those who need it, middle class families, small businesses. But I don't believe that another round of tax breaks for millionaires will bring good jobs to our shores or pay down our deficit.
Speaker 13: I don't believe tax cuts for millionaires will bring jobs to our shores or pay down our deficits. So there, Tom, there you are.
Speaker 7: Happens that both those things happened in the twenties after Melon finally out his tax cuts on the and they were across the board tax these were not tax cuts for millionaires. But it was precisely after the tax cuts that the government reight revenue increased, and they brought down the national debt by about one fourth. As a result of the money pouring into Washington Governor Romney at the Republican.
Speaker 1: JFK two. I'm going to remind you of what JFK said about his tax cut plan that went into a fact after his assassination. Stick around for that now, whether you're climbing the corporate ladder, launching a new project, or just looking for that extra edge, your brain is your most valuable asset, and now there's a way to support it every single day. Think Factor from the makers of relief Factor. Think Factor is built to help you stay sharp, nurture your memory, and boost your attention, and unlocks the middle, clarity and the precision you need to stay ahead of the game, no matter the challenge. For me, provides energy, focus and the ability to push through mentally demanding days, and think Factor results get better the longest taken. So if you're a go getter who refuses to settle, think Factor helps you perform at your best and keep your edge. First bottle just nineteen dollars and ninety five cents. Think Factor, Think Clearer, Perform Better Daily eight hundred four Relief eight hundred the number four relief or visit relieffactor dot com. That's relief factor dot com.
Speaker 16: The worst deficit comms from a recession, and if we can take the proper action and the proper time, this can be the most important step we could take to prevent another recession. That is, the right time of a tax fun both for your family budget and the national budget, resolving from a commina bit basic reform and reduction in our rate structure, a creative tax cut creating more jobs, income, and eventually more revenue. And the right time for that kind of bill It now appears in the absence of an economic crisis today, and if the job is to be done in a responsible way, is January nineteen sixty three. Such a bill will be presented to the Congress for action next year. It will include and across the board, top to bottom cut in both corporate and personal income taxes. It will include long needed tax reforms that logic and equity demand, and it will date that cut in taxes to take effect as of the start of next year January nineteen sixty three. The billions of dollars this bill will place in the hands of the consumer and our businessmen will have both immediate and permanent benefits to our economy. Every dollar released from taxation, that is span or invested will help create a new job and a new salary, and these new jobs and new salaries can create other jobs and other salaries and more customers and more growth for an expanding American economy. Instead of being permanently saddaged with excess planned capacity and the budgetary deficits that is created by this means, our goal must be fuller capacity and full employment and the budgetary surfaces that that kind of employment and capacity can produce.
Speaker 1: Triple eight ninety seven one sage triple eight ninety seven one seven two four three. I'm Larry Elder, Salem NewsChannel, coming to you from the Relief Factor studio. Don't forget your Relief Factor eight hundred four Relief eight hundred and number four relief Relieffaction dot com reliefactor dot com Democrats have a Democrat like that arrested nowadays. Cynthia is in Ventura, California. Cynthia, you're in the Lard Show.
Speaker 17: Thank you for calling, well, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Larry.
Speaker 17: I'm a little off of the JFK thing because I'm thinking about taxes from California, the billionaire tax as Prop forty. I'm concerned about the language where you can amend it. It could be amended and not brought before voter approval. I've been told that I'm misinformed that it just includes the real estate, and I'm saying, well, no, I think that it could include other things. And I think potentially it could go from a billionaire at tax to a millionaire at tax, and they could do the five percent tax more than once. I wanted to get your thoughts on it.
Speaker 1: Sure, right now it is a quote one time a five tax on a billionaire's net worth, which includes everything the billionaire has. Don't mean somebody had to value it. But if you're concerned about whether or not if it passes, and I believe it will pass, that's how brain dead people in California are. Will it then ultimately go down to people that are under a billionaire? Absolutely? Will it just be a one time tax, No, it won't be. Once they start getting used to it, they're going to be taxing and taxing and taxing. Now. You know it's bad when even Gavin Newsom opposes it, Although after that Tuesday when all these DSA candidates won, he then came out with a national billionaires tax theory, being that well, sure, billionaires may leave California, many of them have. But if there's a national tax, where they're going to go. That's his argument. But he didn't come out with that until after that Tuesday when all these DSA candidates won. Because billionaires didn't become billionaire a bit by being stupid. Did a lot of them inherit the money, Yes, but most of them did not. And they can move things out of the country, they can live out of the country, they can do all sorts of things to reduce their tax burden. But again, even Gavin Newsom opposed the billionaire's tax, arguing that billionaires would leave California because he knows how heavily dependent California is on the wealthy for revenues. The number one source of revenue in California is the state income tax, which is the highest state income tax in the nation already, and now you're going to do a five percent, supposedly one time a tax on the net worth of billionaires, meaning stuff they've already earned, already paid taxes on, they get paid taxes on. Again, it's asinine. By the way, a number of European countries have tried a so called wealth tax and virtually all of them have repealed it because it didn't raise the revenue that they thought it would raise, and then a lot of billionaires left the country and moved somewhere else. Again, every brain dead idea nationwide has been tried twice already here in California. Now, let's talk about the push for medicare for all. Reagan warned about socialized medicine in the sixties, before we had medicare, before we had medicaid, warned about it and said, here's what they're going to do. Everybody loves seniors. Who doesn't love seniors, who doesn't love their grandparents. So if there's a plan to reduce the healthcare burden on seniors, oh, how could anybody be against that? And then they'll move it to children. How could anybody be against that? And then eventually it'll be for everybody, which has always been their goal. Many of them have even publicly stated it. Barack Obama when he was a before he was a candidate for presidency, there's a speech where he said, if I had to start from scratch, I'd be in favor of single payer. I think he even said that after he started running. He said, but it's not very realistic. We can do that right now. And after Obamacare was passed, Harry Reid, the Democrat leader of the Senate, was asked whether it's just a step towards single He said, oh, yeah, it is. Was interviewed in a Las Vegas newspaper and said, yeah, it is. It is. It's just another step towards single payer, which is our goal ultimately. Bernie Sanders has been saying it for decades. Medicare for all. And I told you the polling in the UK about their essay National Health System long lines, people dissatisfied, people believing that the money's not going to be there, particularly younger people. We would not put up with that. When I say long line, some people are on more than one line because they have more than one condition. Something like over eighty percent of the healthcare dollar and the UK is paid by the government as opposed to fifty percent here. Now, I'm opposed to all of this government provided healthcare. But we're not as bad as the UK, We're not as bad as Canada. Now when it comes to supplements, two things matter most that it works and you can trust it. Rather than just tell you about relief factor. We'll let our customers do it. We hear from people every single day whose lives have change, and we'd like you to hear a few of their stories. Chris has spent years doing physical work, leaving his feet sore at the end of the day. After starting relief Factor, he felt so good. He did something he'd never done before. He ran a half marathon. Now he tells all its friends about relief Factor. I take it every single morning because my back issues. Now they make it easy to find out if you'll be the next person telling us relief Factor gave you your life back three weeks, just seventeen dollars and seventy six cents. Just go to Reliefactor dot com, relief Factor dot com or call eight hundred four Relief eight hundred the number four Relief. We'll connect you with our friendly local team and they'll do everything they can to help. Reliefactor dot com. Relief Factor dot com eight hundred four Relief eight hundred the number four Relief. That's triple eight nine seven one sage triple eight ninety seven one seven two four to three. I am Larry Yelder. Remember when Jimmy Carter back in two thousand and five, advocated for photo voter ID.
Speaker 18: We do.
Speaker 1: Senate Homeland Committee votes eight to five down party lines to hold doctor Fauci in contempt of Congress for taking the fifth over one hundred times. We're going to revisit my conversation with Dave Rubin, who at one time bought into the anti black police systemic racism nonsense. DSA leaders say it's now a requirement for their endorsed candidates to dismantle the US government, and former ds chair David Hoggs says there's no room for moderates in the Democratic Party. Donal Reagan warned against socialized medicine for all. Had that for you at the top of the hour, Stick around for that triple eight ninety seven one Sage Phil is in Philadelphia, phil or It's nice to.
Speaker 10: Hear from you, Hey, Larry.
Speaker 11: I just had a suggestion for these candidates running up against the brick wall with Jesus Lamist candidates, Why don't the Republicans start touting what we believe in that America has got to, you know, write for everybody, including the lgbt Q plus community, and get them to come out and try to see if they can get some photo ops with Jesus loamist candidates and saying that they support them too, and maybe get those photos out to Al Jazeer and and uh, you know, the Brotherhood Tatar and Iran and Hamas and let them know that maybe the the Brotherhood's coming out of closet here in America, that they're supporting the LGBTQ community.
Speaker 1: So I think we got to send them to Gaza, send them to Qatar and have them hold up signs saying we're here, we're queer. And see what happens.
Speaker 11: That's Larry, you hit the nail on the head. Love you and Philly, love you.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot. Now, DSA leaders say it is a requirement now for their endorsed candidates to not just endorse their overall agenda, but to endorse the dismantling of the US government. I kid you not, number thirty six.
Speaker 19: This is actually something that we committed to at convention, having our endorsed candidates supporting the program. It's it's a requirement now and so that'll be incorporated into our endorsement process.
Speaker 20: It sounds so radical, like abolished the Senate, abolished the Supreme Court, like et cetera, et cetera. But it's really it's not like that's those are the things that need to happen.
Speaker 19: So whenever people are like, oh my god, they want to get to the president, I was like, well, I don't know what we would call it in the future. We could call it the head haun Show of whatever. You know, Like it's like, might we might not have a president.
Speaker 1: People say that abolishing the Senate abolishing the president's radical, but it really, it really isn't all that radical when you think about it. This is twenty twenty five. Hassan Piker sitting at a table with an lgbt Q plus flag. He offers his overall favorite flag, number forty five.
Speaker 2: Here, let's talk about our favorite flags.
Speaker 1: Oh, like overall what my favorite flag?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hiszbolah look it up.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 1: He's actually a dope flag.
Speaker 21: I don't know flags.
Speaker 1: It's a this is a you know what, I'm gonna be brave.
Speaker 22: My favorite flag.
Speaker 3: It's got an a k on it and a hand holding it up.
Speaker 1: His BLA flag is a dope flag.
Speaker 23: I'm Larry older, So let's get her teed up.
Speaker 2: You can't succeed with LT.
Speaker 1: Triple eight nineteen one s eh THEE Triple eight nine seven one seven two four to three. I am Larry Elder, Salem News TenneT. Coming to you from the Relief Factor Studio. This is the Great Ronald Reagan Number thirty seven.
Speaker 24: Them about socialized medicine. Gave them a chance to choose would unhesitatingly vote against it. We had an example of this under the Truman administration. It was proposed that we have a compulsory health insurance program for all people in the United States, and of course, the American people unhesitatingly rejected this. So, with the American people on record as not wanting socialized medicine, Congressman Farrand introduced the Farande Bill. This was the idea that all people of Social Security age should be brought under a program of compulsory health insurance. This would not only be our senior citizens. This would be the dependents and those who are disabled. This would be young people if they are dependents of someone eligible for Social Security. Congressman for Rande brought the program out on that idea of just for that particular group of people. But Congressman Farrande was subscribing to this foot in the door philosophy, because he said, if we can only break through and get our foot inside the door, then we can expand the program. After that, Walter Ruther said, it's no secret that the United Automobile Workers is officially on record as backing a program of national Health insurance, and by national Health insurance, he meant, socialized medicine for every American. Well, let's see what the socialists themselves had to say about it. They say, once the Fan Bill is passed, this nation will be provided with a mechanism for socialized medicine capable of indefinite expansion in every direction until it includes the entire population. Well, we can't say we haven't been warned. Now, Congressman Forand is no longer a Congressman of the United States government. He has been replaced not in his particular assignment, but in his backing of such a bill by Congressman King of California. It is presented in the idea of a great emergency that millions of our senior citizens are unable to provide needed medical care. But this ignores the fact that in the last decade, one hundred and twenty seven million of our citizens in just ten years, have come under the protection of some form of privately owned medical or hospital insurance. Now, the advocates of this bill, when you try to oppose it, challenge you on an emotional basis. They say, what would you do throw these poor old people out to die with no medical attention. That's ridiculous, And of course no one has advocated. As a matter of fact, in the last session of Congress a bill was adopted known as the Kerr Mills Bill. Now, without even allowing this bill to be tried to see if it works, they have introduced this King bill, which is really the Fan bill. What is the Kerr Mills Bill. It is a frank recognition of the medical need or problem of our senior citizens that I have mentioned, and it is provided from the federal government money to the states and the local communities that can be used at the discretion of the state to help those people who need it. Now, what reason could the other people have for backing a bill which says we insist on compulsory health insurance for senior citizens on a basis of age alone, regardless of whether they are worth millions of dollars, whether they have an income, whether they're protected by their own insurance, whether they have savings. I think we could be excused for believing that. His ex Congressman for Ann said this was simply an excuse to bring about what they wanted all the time, socialized medicine. James Madison in seventeen eighty eight, speaking to the Virginia Convention said, since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachment of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. They want attached this bill to socialis security, and they say, here is a great insurance program now instituted, now working. Let's take a look at social security itself again. Very few of us disagree with the original premise that there should be some form of saving that would keep destitution from following unemployment by reason of death, disability, or old age. And to this end, social Security was adopted, but it was never intended to supplant private savings, private insurance pension programs of unions and industries. Now in our country, under our free enterprise system, we have seen medicine reach the greatest heights that it has in any country in the world. Today, the relationship between patient and doctor in this country is something to be envied any place. The privacy, the care that is given to a person, the right to choose a doctor, the right to go from one doctor to the other. But let's also look from the other side at the freedom the doctor loses. A doctor would be reluctant to say this, Well, like you, I'm only a patient, so I can say it in his behalf. The doctor begins to lose freedoms. It's like telling a lie and one leads to another. First, you decide that the doctor can have so many patients. They're equally divided among the various doctors by the government. But then the doctors aren't equally divided geographically. So a doctor decides he wants to practice in one town, and the government has to say to him, you can't live in that town. They already have enough doctors. You have to go someplace else. And from here it's only a short step to dictating where he will go. This is a freedom that I wonder whether any of us have the right to take from any human being. I know how I'd feel if you, my fellow citizens, decided that to be an actor. I had to become a government employee and work in a national theater. Take it into your own occupation or that of your husband. All of us can see what happens once you establish the president that the government can determine a man's working place and his working methods, determine his employment. From here, it's a short step to all the rest of socialism, to determining his pay, and pretty soon your son won't decide when he's in school where he will go or what he will do for a living. He will wait for the government to tell him where he will go to work and what he will do. In this country of ours took place the greatest revolution that has ever taken place in world's history, the only true revolution. Every other revolution simply exchanged one set of rulers for another. But here, for the first time, in all the thousands of years of man's relation to man, a little group of men, the founding Fathers, for the first time established the idea that you and I had within ourselves, the god given right and ability to determine our own destiny. This freedom was built into our government with safeguards. We talk democracy today, and strangely we let democracy, begin to assume the aspect of majority rule is all that is needed. Will majority rule is a fine aspect of democracy, provided there are guarantees written in to our government concerning the rights of the individual and of the minorities. What can we do about this? Well, you and I can do a great deal. We can write to our congressmen, to our senators. We can say right now that we want no further encroachment on these individual liberties and freedoms. And at the moment, the key issue is we do not want socialized medicine in Washington. Today, forty thousand letters, less than one hundred per congressman our evidence of a trend in public thinking. Representative Halleck of Indiana has said, when the American people wants something from Congress, regardless of its political complexion, if they make their wants known, Congress does what the people want. So right, and if this man writes back to you and tells you that he to us for free enterprise, but we have these great services and so forth, it must be performed by government, don't let him get away with it.
Speaker 1: Show that you have not been convinced.
Speaker 24: Write a letter right back and tell him that you believe in government economy and fiscal responsibility, that you know that governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get, and that you demand the continuation of our traditional free enterprise system.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine someone at that time proposing medicare for all, just as when the Constitution was amended for an income tax, for much of a nation's history there was no income tax because the founding fathers did not envision there would be this massive welfare state, social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, FEMA, and on and on and on. And during the debates for the amendment to place an income tax in the Constitution, there was some discussion that maybe there's should be a cap that couldn't go higher than say ten percent. Oh, we don't never get that highest three dedicatus. We don't need that. We know what it is now. And so Reagan was talking about the idea of what ultimately became Medicare and opposed it. No one was proposing medicare for all, and now it's just an article of faith. Democrats would tell you that healthcare is a right. I don't think there's a single one that I can think of that opposes Medicare for all today. When they were debating again Obamacare, they wanted it, but they knew it with one step two big for the American people. So they said it among themselves and they said it quietly. I mentioned Harry Reid was being interviewed in a IF that had a newspaper and was asked whether in Obamacare is a step towards single parent He because, yeah, Obama didn't say that xpth going to bend the cost curve down. What you didn't do save the average family twenty five hundred dollars a month a year in premiums, which it didn't do. Now, when it comes to supplements, two things matter most that it works, that you can trust it. Rather than just tell you about relief Factor, we let our customers do it. We hear from people every single day whose lives have changed, and we'd like you to hear a few of their stories. Jim ran out of relief Factor twice, and both times his ache, stiffness, and pain came back. Once he restarted it, he says he felt better again. As Jim puts it, you know something's not working as long as you're taking it.
Speaker 2: It works.
Speaker 1: When you stop taking it, it stops working. That's when you know it's working. He said, three weeks, just seventeen dollars and seventy six cents. They make it easy for you to tackle your aches and pain. Just go to relief Factor dot com. Relief Factor dot com or called eight hundred four Relief eight hundred, the number four relief Reliefactor dot com eight hundred, the number four Relief Triple eight nine seven one Sage Triple eight nine seven one seven two four to three. I am Lariyoda. We are seven news channels regarding sending gays to gaza and to places like a tar pulling up a sign saying we're here, we're queer. This was in two thousand and seven September. The then president of Iran, Machmoud Ahmadina Jod spoke at Columbia University. Very controversial. He was invited, he spoke and during the Q and A he was asked why Iran denies women human rights and executes people who are homosexual, to which he responded, quote, in Iran, we don't have homosexuals like in your country. In Iran, we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who has told you that we have it? End of quote. Interestingly, in the official website of Iran, in their state news agency, they cut out any reference to gays. Some of the other outlets in Iran printed the full transcript of the Q and A, but that didn't quote. In Iran, we don't have homosexuals like in your country. Some people booed in Iran, we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who has told you that we have it? End of quote. And is in Indianapolis And you're in the Larry O the show. Thank you for calling.
Speaker 25: Yes, Hi, Larry, I've been trying to get a hold of you. Look, I just finally got a Ruku TV to get all kinds of channels and and on my writer TV, I can get to say them channel but not harding that now and just bound out and Brooklyn and so as a Muslims and they're running Brooklyn and New York? Is that true?
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 26: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the composition of the city council, uh there is, but I do know that the mayor of course of New York is Muslims. R I'm mom Donnie, and I'm sure there are lots of there are other candidates politicians there who are Muslim, whether it's run by Muslims. I couldn't say thank you for the call. Mary Anne is in Tampa, Florida. Marianne, you're on the Larry of the show.
Speaker 6: Yes, hy, Larry Hi. I love your show. I think that you have the best coverage of any news, whether it's on the radio or TV. I listened to you faithfully. But I want to say something about Medicare. I have heard Bernie Sanders say Medicare for all, it covers everything, pays for everything. Well, it doesn't pay for everything, because every time you see a doctor or a provider of any sort, even physical therapy, you have to pay a copay, and those copays get rather pricey, especially for somebody that's on a fixed income.
Speaker 1: Where you're talking, Marianne about the system we have right now. What Bernie Sanders is talking about is a system that he wants, which is a government pays for everything, which means, of course taxpayers pay for it, so we're all going to pay for it. But that's what he's talking about. But you're right, we have copaid, we have deductibles. What Bernie Sanders is envisioning is you literally walk into your doctor's office, whatever procedure, whatever treatment, it's done, quote unquote free. That's what he is envisioning. And since there's no such thing as a free lunch for anybody that has a brain, youet to pay for it. That's why in Europe they're paying sixty percent of their income in taxes as opposed to our substantially lower than that, depending upon the state that you're in. But no, what Bernie sand is is in envisioning is this utopia where you can just wave a magic wand have everything paid for and it has no disastrous consequences. The other day I was talking about the interview with that guy with the think tank and a host in Britain, and they were complaining about the high number of people who are dissatisfied with the British system, the large number of people who are on lines in lines, and eventually it leads to rationing and a lower quality of health care. And they also said in this pulled that young people were concerned that there wouldn't be enough money there for the system to work for them. There's no such thing as a free lunch, and the idea that the normal rules of competition don't apply to medicine is one of the reasons we're in this situation. If you believe the healthcare is a right and then it should be paid for by somebody else, all bets are out the window. If you believe that healthcare is a commodity and that the more competition there is, the cheaper it becomes, the more accessible it becomes, the better the quality becomes, then that leads you to a different place. I've often noted that things that are not covered by insurance that you have to pay for out of pocket, like laser surgery or plastic surgery, or hair graphs, plastic surgeries, things like that have gotten cheaper and cheaper and cheaper over the years. I recall when a movie star would have plastic surgery, my mother would rush to the TV and would because it was such a novel kind of thing. Now it's pretty routine, but much of it is not covered by your insurance. You have to pay out of pocket. Yet the quality has gotten better, It's gotten more and more accessible, and it's gotten cheaper. Same thing with lasik surgery, not covered generally by your insurance. Because of competition, the quality is improved and it's gotten cheaper. Yet for some reason, people believe that the same principle wouldn't apply to things that are not covered by your insurance. We ought to have in this system, like car insurance. You have car insurance with a high deductible. It takes care of major things. The rest of it either your own pocket or a health savings account where you can put away money tax free so that you can use that money for expenses that are short of the catastrophic kinds of things that you have insurance for. That's what we ought to be doing in this country, but we don't because of the Bernie Sanders and the aocs and the Democratic Party as a whole that believes healthcare is a right. Somehow, some way, somebody else are to pay for it. The former DNC vice chair, his name is David Hogg. He became prominent because of the school shooting where he was a student. Then he became DC vice chair for a while, he fled out. Told the told CNN that will listen to him number forty seven.
Speaker 27: There's been an argument that they need to moderate or concern over what that's going to look like should they succeed, or that they may not succeed, that they might be defeated by Republicans despite them not doing well in the polling either. What would you say to the moderates in your party who feel that way?
Speaker 22: I listen to the moderates our party. You need to figure out how to actually offer something new to voters that isn't just the same message that you gave them in twenty twenty four. Increasingly, the reason why the establishment of our party is being defeated over and over and over again is it's because you don't have the right values that are aligned with not the Democratic base, but the American people, where people are sick and tired of listening to Democrats and tell them all the reasons why they can't solve their problems. If you can't solve our problems, you shouldn't be running for office. We need people who actually sound at a minimum and genuinely believe what they are saying.
Speaker 1: In short, there is no room for moderates, no room for people that are rational, no room for people that don't want to freeze your rents, free grocery store, free this, free that. Don't get me started on Israel.
Speaker 28: I'm Larry Older, too many jumping line, got your body in time, triple eight nine seven one s A G.
Speaker 1: Four to three. I am Larry Yelder. You're a Salem NewsChannel. President Trump has signed a couple of executive orders making a distinction between a tourist and a birth tourist regarding first citizenship number thirty five.
Speaker 20: Can you help us understand how you distinguish between a tourist and a birth tourist.
Speaker 29: Well, I'll let you discuss it, please, happy to And so, by the way, that's an excellent presentation with Stephen.
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 30: For those of you who want to do your research on this, Section two fifteen A of the Immigration and Nationality Act gives the president this authority. Two fifteen A of the Immigration and Nationality Act, very rarely used, probably one of the strongest laws in the entire Federal Code, gives him this power. And that's not the only but it's the main statutory.
Speaker 1: Authority that's being used in this order.
Speaker 30: So birth tourism is by definition of fraud on the American system, on the American tax, on the American visa. If you're coming here and again in your state of purposes, that you're a tourist that by definition, you are here to come for a few weeks, look what we have, engage in commerce, and leave. So if you're telling a costler officer you're here as a tourist, but your true purpose and intent is to go to a baby mail give birth and try to mint an American citizen while you're here, then you're committing a fraud against the American government, and by definition that visa can and should and will be now denied.
Speaker 1: Now regarding the Save Act, John Thune does not believe the votes are there to override the filibuster to get rid of the filibuster, and doesn't believe that using what's called reconciliation would work because reconciliations for budgetary items. But Senator John Kennedy disagrees. Number forty three.
Speaker 31: Leader in the United States Senate can bring a bill to the full law. I can't do that. Only Senator Foon can, and he is I have great respect for Senator Thune. I don't mean to be critical, but I'm not part of his inner circle. I'm not part of Republican leadership. I play outside the pocket. I'll never fit in completely in any group. That's one of my best qualities. All I can tell you what I would do is, if I were a king for a day, I would put the recon the budget resolution which starts the reconciliation process. I would have put it on the floor a long time ago. I would have put it on the floor right after we finished the one big beautiful bill, well, actually after the last reconciliation when we had to get money for border patrol on ice, I.
Speaker 1: Would have put it on the floor.
Speaker 31: Then I would have taken plenty of time to talk about affordability, to talk to the past bills, about election integrity and the things you're talking about.
Speaker 2: But we didn't do that, and we still.
Speaker 31: Haven't done that, and I can't honestly look you or your folks in the eye and tell you when, if ever, we're going to do that. I'm prepared to stay here as long as it would take. I've been to I've been to a squillion meetings to talk about the stuff that could have been an email. I'd rather have a back alley colonoscopy than go to another meeting. It is time to vote. We're not going to reach agreement. It's time to vote. That's what God made votes. That's that's where I am.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Well, I think you're in the right spot. Cent Now. The primary provision, the one that Donald Trump was concerned about, is the voter voter ID and prove of citizenship to Rachel to vote. There was something called the Carter Baker Emission. It looked at various voting ways and they said mail in voting was the one that was the easiest to use to commit fraud. They didn't say they shouldn't be mail in, but they said there should be all sorts of provisions. And here is Jimmy Carter two thousand and five talking about photo voter ID.
Speaker 32: Number forty four also have some form of photo ID required voter ID, and eight other states are considering it. So the second reason is to make a uniform recommendation in our country through this record, through this report that we've issued, so there is not a highly discriminatory laws past by one party or another. And the third reason is that we put in some very careful constraints to prevent abuse. For instance, these photo ID cards will be free. Secondly, there will be a wide distribution obum. The states are be required to go around the state to issue these porto ID cards to as many people as possible, which will be a good system just for recruiting new voters. This will be very important, and so this will be I think I'll move forward and getting more people to vote. It will not restrict people from voting. It will be uniformly applied throughout the country, and it will not be not It will be non discriminatory.
Speaker 1: In other words, Jimmy Carter's advocating Jim Crow two point zero before two point zho was cool. I'm Larry Older Triple eight nineteenn one Sage Triple eight ninet seven one seven two forty three. I am Larry Older. We are Salem News Channel. In as Cantor, who used to play in the NBA, says that based on the rules he's read on the w NBA, he is now going to declare himself eligible for their April twenty twenty seven draft because he now believes he identifies as a woman. We're going to revisit my conversation with Dave Rubin, who at one time believed the nonsense that there was anti black police systemic racism. All of this in more Triple eight nine seventy one, Sage, Salem News Channel now you already know grosses aren't getting any cheaper, So let me help you save money somewhere else. Right now, when you switch to Sage Wireless, I pay your first month phone bill that's right, one hundred percent free with promo code Sage one hundred. Keep your phone, keep your number, get a new one, even add a second line. You'll get reliable coverage on AT and t's very same towers, just at a far more affordable price. And get this, a portion of every bill helps support food for the poor. It's on me. Go to Sage Wireless dot com. Use code Sage one hundred to check out. That's Sagewireless dot Com. Sage Wireless dot com. Michael is in Sam Matteo, California. Michael, you and the Larry ol the show, thank you so much for calling.
Speaker 33: Hey, good morning, evening, Larry.
Speaker 18: Two points.
Speaker 33: I'm driving down one on one here thinking if you would have ever got elected governor, how we wouldn't be ten times worse than the hell hole we're in now. But it is what it is. And my second point is why aren't there reparations for them men and women or whoever were killed during the Civil War to free the slaves. Why are we giving reparations the slaves that we freed and thousands of people died to free them. I think they should get reparations. And I think wealthy black people ought to make a fun so that we could use that for the reparations for all the people that died.
Speaker 16: What do you think?
Speaker 1: And Michael, why should anybody other than Democrats pay reparations? Republicans didn't own slaves.
Speaker 33: I don't know, but hey, if we're gonna do that, and think, man, if you gave your life up for that, you should be I mean, thousands of people.
Speaker 1: And you're just talking about death. What about people? What about people that were injured? Obviously, Look, the whole thing is absurd. And why stop here? What about the African countries, in the Arab countries that participated in the slave trade. Now, these European and Arab slavers, they couldn't go into the interior of Africa and uh and take people out. They worked with tribes that captured them in war, captured them and raids, and then sold them to European slavers and Arab slavers. That wasn't in the movie The one starring Viola Davis about the di Hoomee tribe, which showed the the Dahomee tribe, and there was a tribe of female warriors in Africa, but the movie depicts them as working against the European slavers, when in fact they were collaborators. Most of the slaves who came to the America came from Senegal and Gambia and Congo, and we called Nigeria the Woman King, thank you, and they were heroic the movie The Women King. They were heroic, but they were fierce, fierce warriors who took men, women and children from other rival tribes and then sold them to the European slavers and to the Arab slavers. And by the way, people don't talk a lot about the Arab role in the slave trade. They started engaging in it hundreds of year the Europeans did, and kept going long after the Europeans stopped, but no one talks about that. It's the whole thing is absurd. And name a people on the face of the earth who at one point was not enslaved. So everybody owes everybody the whole thing is insane. Now, the former NBA player name I nas Cantor he changed his name to a Ned's Freedom. He says, Look, I've read the WNBA Charter. There are rules and regulation for who's eligible, and I think I'm eligible number forty six.
Speaker 26: After careful concentration I reviewing the current eligibilitic guidelines, I am officially declaring myself at WNBA prospect. If simply declaring who you are is all that's required, that I meet every single requirement necessary to compete in the WNBA. My Tim and I have carefully examined the WNBA's eligibility criteria and governing framework surrounding self identification and inclusion. Based on the current guidelines, I can and am officially declaring my eligibility for the upcoming WNBA draft in May twenty twenty seven. I am definitely not here to mock, make fun of, or to suspect any community or personal choices. I am simply asking that the current rules be applied equally to everyone, the rules that represent the very values many WNBA players and coaches have publicly advocated for my team, and I are prepared to ensure these guidelines are applied equally, consistently, and without exception, and I look forward to the WNBA honoring its stated principles. See your training camp.
Speaker 1: Kevin is in upland Kevin, you and the Larry Yoda showy Wow.
Speaker 34: Okay, Larry, nice to talk to you this afternoon.
Speaker 1: You too.
Speaker 34: I was just listening to that previous colar talking about reparation for slavery. First of all, the same owners did receive reparations.
Speaker 1: And after that, no, no they didn't, No they didn't. Okay, okay, I'll tell you. I tell you who received. If you're talking about hold on, hold on, Kevin, if you're talking about American slave owners, they did not receive reparations. European slave owners did, but American slave owners did not. They quote they quote lost their property close quote.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 34: Now, after that, the government gave over twenty million acres of property to white people who came out to settle the West, not to black people, to white people.
Speaker 1: Look, Kevin, Kevin, if your if your argument is that America has discriminated against black people, no one's gonna differ with that. No one's gonna argue with you on that. There's nothing to do with whether or not reparations are old to people who were never slaved to be slave to be paid by to people who were never slave owners.
Speaker 10: Reparations are owed to black people who fought for this country in World War two and did not receive if it's from the GI Bill, Reparations are owed to black people who fought for this country and were redlined out of home loans, like my parents. They could not get a home loan for one reason they were black.
Speaker 1: And and and reparations are therefore and reparations are therefore owed to a lot of people who were discriminated against the group. And a lot of Italians were discriminated against, and a lot of Japanese were discriminated against, and a lot of Chinese were discriminated against. All a state can be what Kevin, I'm getting a headache. All a state can be, it's just in its own time. And if there are people walking around who were discriminated against, and you can tie it to that, that's one thing. That's why Japanese were given reparations, if you want to call it that, because of the being placed in relocation camps where people and their heirs were directly affected. But it was just too long ago to give people money when they're great. Eight ancestors were slaves to be paid by people who are never slave owner. It's the whole thing is completely and totally absurd. And once you're going to start there, why not go back to the original sin the African chieftains that captured and sold slaves to European slavers and to Arab slavers. And what about all the whites that were enslaved by Muslims in the Mediterranean Northern Africa? How far back do you want to go? Triple eight nine seven one eight, triple eight nine seven one seven two four to three. I'm Larry Elder. We are Salem News Talmant. Now, whether you're climbing the corporate ladder or launching a new project or looking for that extra edge, your brain is your most valuable asset. And now there's a way to support it every single day. It's called think Factor from the makers of Relief Factor. Think Factor is built to help you stay sharp, nurture your memory, and boost your attention and unlocks the mental clarity and the precision you need to stay ahead of the game no matter the challenge. I take it every single morning, health with energy and with focus and get this think Factor results get better. The longer it's taken. So if you're a go getter who refuses to settle, think Factor helps you perform at your best and keep your edge. Call eight hundred four Relief eight hundred the number four relief or visit relief Factor dot com. Relief Factor dot com to order Think Factor your first bottle just nineteen dollars and ninety five cents. Think Factor, Think Clearer, perform better daily Coming up when I revisit my conversation I have with Dave Reuben, who talked about anti black police systemic racism regarding my last caller. Just more broadly, all a state can be, as I said, it's just in its own time. Everybody has a grievance. How many women did not realize our potential because of the idea that for a long time you had pretty much three options. You could become a secretary, you come a teacher, you become a nurse. How much potential was lost? Women couldn't vote for a very long period of time. Should they be suing us for reparations for that? How far back do you want to go? There were lots of injustices, But this is the greatest country God ever created. There is a long time tenured professor sociologist at Harvard named Orlando Patterson. I believe he's from the Caribbean, and in the nineties he's had America, despite its flaws, is the least racist, majority white country in the world. Gives more opportunities to blacks than all of the countries on the face of the earth, including all of those of Africa. Now, what about Lennon Johnson so called Great Society, talked a lot about how it would disapportionately benefit black people. So should the reparations be offset by the aid that was given to blacks for housing and for welfare, and for vouchers and tremportation vouchers, and this, that and the other. What about race based preferences we've had ever since the late sixties early seventies where it was easier for a black person to get into a college or university than a white person or an Asian person. What's the value of all of that? You want to go through the entire history of America and put some monetary value on the wrongs, We're going to be here for a very long period of time. The largest group hanging in American history was a group of Italians that were hanged in New Orleans in eighteen ninety one, what about their reparations? Japanese people in California couldn't own farmland, Chinese people were discriminated against. We can keep claiming this game all day long. I'm Larry Older along with.
Speaker 23: Us, So let's get her teed up.
Speaker 22: That big.
Speaker 2: You can't succeed with LT.
Speaker 1: Triple eight nine seven one s A G E triple eight nine seven one seven two four to three. I am Larry Elder. We are Salem News Channel. So much to get to. Between now and the close of the program, we're going to revisit my conversation with Dave Ruben where I disabused him of the notion that the police were engaged in anti black systemic racism. But first the DSA co chair explain the plan and what they're going to do to millionaires number fifty four.
Speaker 20: But we do believe in taxing the hell out of millionaires?
Speaker 13: Yeah, absolutely, Well what is taxing the hell out of them?
Speaker 1: Meaning?
Speaker 10: Uh? Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: I again, I don't have like a solid but should I think?
Speaker 29: But shouldn't you?
Speaker 18: I mean, if you're the co chair, if you're the co chair of the DSA, shouldn't you be more specific than just taxing the hell out of something?
Speaker 1: What exactly do you mean? So again, it's democracy, right, and we have to look at what we need to spend and what we need.
Speaker 35: We don't want to depend on the existence of.
Speaker 1: Millionaires because that means people are still getting exploited.
Speaker 2: So so, yeah, we need to look at what.
Speaker 36: We need to pay for in the interim, what sort.
Speaker 1: Of tax base we need for that to happen, and then and build from there. She said, that's a good question. You haven't thought about it. You could confiscate the wealth of the millionaire class and you wouldn't have enough money to fund your welfare state. You haven't thought about it. Let's hear that again fifty four.
Speaker 20: But we do believe in taxing the hell out of millionaires?
Speaker 13: Yeah, absolutely, Well what is taxing the hell out of them mean?
Speaker 37: Uh?
Speaker 35: Yeah, you know again, I don't have like a song, but.
Speaker 1: I think, shouldn't you? I don't have like a solid He should have then asked, what do you think the top one percent already pay at the percentage of the federal income taxes? I don't know, but whatever it is, it's not enough. Here is the governor of Arkansas, Sarah Huckaby Sanders on these Socialists number twenty nine.
Speaker 38: So a plurality of Americans say nothing is good about socialism. So, Governor, why is this catching fire like it is? And why are so many Democrats now owning socialism?
Speaker 36: You know I've said it before, I'll say it again. It's no longer about right versus left. It's about normal versus crazy, And right now we are seeing the crazy side take over the Democrat Party. As much as I hate to see these ideas gain steam, I think it is good for us us to draw the contrast as we head into the midterm elections. The other side wants to promote socialism while our side wants to promote and protect freedom. We want to see what this country was founded on.
Speaker 1: And speaking of crazy, listen to Jim Carvell number fifty two.
Speaker 18: He's going to lose in spite of the best effort of certain Democrats to not make it happen. He's all likelihood going to get a drub in like you've never seen in November. And he is going to be irrelevant. He's got two years ago. He's a lame, dark No one's gonna care. He's a fat, flatulent, flashy old man. He's not, and he's going to say I don't need this, and I will stick by my prediction that he quits before April fifteenth, twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Now why do you say that, Because what do you see in the times?
Speaker 18: Like most people know what it's like to get crushed in the mid term election, mid term of a president, your whole world changes, you know, you say, Mike Tyson, he'd hits you so hard and change the way your taste, which I actually saw a neurologists say that's true. You actually can get hitten in a mile so hard that it affects your taste. Mind, he's gonna get hit that hard in November and he doesn't any by the way, he's eighty. He's eighty years old.
Speaker 1: He can't do it.
Speaker 18: He doesn't have it. He falls asleep, he's tired, he has no life. He's got that who gonna Natalie whatever her name is, sitting there running around bringing them diaed coach and tell them how great he is. That's all he's down to. It's all he's down to. It's gonna be worse than that, because after November nality ain't even gonna call you back.
Speaker 1: I believe that Carville made a prediction that Trump was going to quit a long time ago. This guy is the energizer, Bunny. I'm talking about Trump, not Carville. Gets about four or five hours of sleep, if that. The most accessible president in American history very likely just today on television roundtable discussion about mining. By the way, I've been following politics ever since I can remember, and generally speaking, the out party does very well in midterm elections. I don't recall a president ever quitting because his party lost in midterms. Do you.
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 1: Carville was the campaign manager for Bill Clinton. Hillary Clinton on Trump Number forty.
Speaker 39: Eight clean up fixings.
Speaker 24: You know there's going to be so much to fix.
Speaker 39: I mean, first, get rid of all of the holdovers. Do not let anybody hang around in some small office somewhere who can literally subvert your program and you don't even know that person's there. And I will predict that. You know, Trump and his minions are going to try.
Speaker 22: To, you know, put people.
Speaker 2: They're going to try to move.
Speaker 39: People from political appointments to so called civil service appointments, although they're trying to destroy the civil service so people are going to have to be really searching to make sure that they are not going to be literally subverted from within the government.
Speaker 20: That's a really good point.
Speaker 1: Same thing that Barack Obama did, move people in positions where his successor couldn't get rid of him. Have you noticed anything? Did Carville talk about the policy plan the Democrats are going to implement when they take other than calling Trump a bunch of names, have a bunch of investigations and a bunch of impeachments, more of the Democrats are successful and taking over the House. What's your plan? What's your plan for the number one thing that Americans are concerned about, which is affordability? Tax the rich. We've tried that in California. Highest state income taxes in the nation. The rich pay fifty percent of all the state income taxes. Highest unemployment in the nation, highest gas prices in the nation, highest electricity prices than any state in the lower forty eight, massive homelessness, more legal aliens than any other state, massive gap between the rich and the poor, schools ranking near the bottom. So your plan is to be like Gavin Newsom. Your plan is to do what the lawmakers have done here in California, where Democrats have super majority in both chambers of the legislature. That's your plan. Freeze rents, open a few government owned grocery stores to put you at a competitive advantage over private sector people. We have to pay their own rent, their own utilities, and can't get subfidized food at a discount. That's your plan. Abolish the Senate, Abolish the Electoral College, make Washington, DC and Puerto Rico states, expand the Supreme Court. Those are your plans? And how in the world is that going to lower the cost of living? Before the Iran War, gas prices at a five year low, lower than they were under Joe Biden, lower than they were ejected fron inflation, and under Barack Obama? What is your plan? President Trump says that a ran can't hold out much longer. Number thirty three.
Speaker 29: And we had oil down to less than to in many places like Iowa, oil was down to gasoline was down at numbers that people hadn't seen in years. One dollar in eighty five, one dollar ninety five cents, So it past tuesdays. I was in Iowa at a stop and we had one ninety five, another one one eighty five a gallon, and we'll see those days pretty soon. Again, based on everything I say, as soon as the war ends, and I think it's gonna end pretty soon. I don't think they can go much longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please, Gas prices five year low before the war started and again even now again average price lower than it was under Joe Biden and lower than it was under the high point a Justice foreig inflation under Barack Obama. Barack Obama was the first president ever to inherit a recovery where he didn't have at least three percent GDP in one full calendar year. Regarding the tariffs, at one point, the Democratic Party was more likely to support tariffs the Republicans. So please explain to me what it is this man has done that you would do differently, other than raise taxes on rich people. When Larry Older prip Late nine seven one Sage triple eight nine seven one seven two four to three, I am Larry Elder, we are Salem News challenge jd Vance reacted to Abdul l sayid Win in Minnesota number forty one. Well, I think it says a couple of things.
Speaker 40: First of all, the base of the Democratic Party just wants radicals, that wants these DSA types at once, people who hate even the idea of private property ownership.
Speaker 21: But it also, i think.
Speaker 41: Tells us that that particular set of ideas is very popular in places you wouldn't expect because outside he's this guy who holds himself out as a working class hero, is a guy who's going to fight for the working class. How does he fight for the working class by flooding his state in his country with low wage immigrants.
Speaker 40: Of course, those people will drive down the wages of the working class. And he also doesn't want to do anything to protect the Michigan auto industry, has fought against the Trump tariffs that have saved the Michigan auto industry. So interestingly, as much as the media will pull this guy out as a socialist, as a guy who's trying to stand up for the working man, where did they do the best. He did the best among wealthy white liberals and among new immigrants to the United States of America. He basically represents the modern democratic coalition, which is self hating white liberals united to people who just came to the country for the first time and don't actually have the sense of appreciation for it that they should. Those are the people who are voting for al Sayed. He doesn't have a constituency among the working class.
Speaker 39: He present.
Speaker 1: Don't tell that to left wing podcaster Jennifer Welch number fifty one.
Speaker 20: So what they're going to do is they're going to say Abdul al Sayed he must be a terrorist, he must be this insane person. Well, they've run against him and they can't dig up any dirt on him at all. They've tried. They say, oh, he campaigned with son Piker, who gives it tough. Get over it. All of you are campaigning with jd Vance, Stephen Miller, Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, etc.
Speaker 2: Go ourselves.
Speaker 20: I am so sick of this narrative that somehow who the Democrats campaign with is this horrible thing. Look at the monsters running this country into the ground.
Speaker 1: Wow. So campaigning with the guy Hassan Piker who says that Hamas is a thousand times better than Israel, that's not a problem. Who says that America deserve nine to eleven, that's not a problem. Refers to Israel as an apartheid state that commits genocide, that's not a problem. Who says we should kill capitalists. That's not a problem. We should kill Senator Scott from Florida, That's not a problem. Mike Pompeo on getting energy prices down Number twenty seven, Santra.
Speaker 35: My sense is the best way to get these energy prices down is to continue to put pressure on the Iranian regime. I don't see a negotiated solution where the IRGC says we're not going to go kill forty thousand more of our own people, We're not going to continue to threaten Israel. We're going to tell the Huthis who fired just in the last twenty four hours while these negotiations are going on with Iranian weapons, that Iranian money fired to close the other strait, the mobel bundem And so I think that the task to get energy prices low is to actually do what President Trump talked about at the very beginning, get the regime to a place where they ultimately capitulate in a way that delivers a long term low set of energy where product not just crude all natural gas, fertilizer, all the things that move through the straight up removes can do so without a regime that has the leverage to shut it down at any moment.
Speaker 1: General Keith Kellogg, former National Security Advisor to the Vice President, Number twenty six.
Speaker 14: It's going to get to the second deal, which is the nuclear deal, which to me is the most important one. And having a trust in the confidence in that ftail basically fulfill a deal. I don't buy it. I never have and I don't think ever will. Just who they are is through credit government now, you know, saying that where you look at WTI, the price oil today, it's kind of in the moderate range. When you get into the seventies is kind of modern. It's been as high as one hundred, it's been low as thirty. That's like in two thousand and four. But I think we just have to pay attention to what's going to happen. I think again the Omanis and the uraniums are going to come together with a deal. The question is what does it look like. I just want to get back to the original purpose, which is not letting them have enriched uranium and getting to a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 1: The Secretary Treasury's Gott Bessett talks about the economic pressure we're putting on Iran number fifty.
Speaker 21: Three royd most if not all of their capability to rebuild. And then we moved on to what we call economic theory, and that's a one to two punch. It's the blockade. And then what we're doing at Treasury, and we are tracking these accounts all over the world. We froze a crypto wallet lead to the IRGC the other day about one hundred and thirty million dollars. We have found the money man for or the Ayatola and we are tracking the Ayatolah's properties around the world. We hope to soon be able to print his one hundred million dollar plus properties and show the addresses. And we're preserving this money for the American people. But most of all, we are constricting the regime. Their currency has collapsed. It is at an all time low versus the dollar. It's in free fall, and we think the inflation rate is upwards of one hundred and eighty percent.
Speaker 7: Enter.
Speaker 1: Now, let's spend a little bit of time on doctor Fauci. A committee has now recommended that he be held in contempt of Congress. This is Senator ram Paul number twenty eight.
Speaker 38: It's breaking precedent here, and are you comfortable with that new president?
Speaker 37: Actually, no, decision has been made. The only decision that's been made so far is to bring it to the committee in it's past. The next decision we have decided is we will forward it. It's the committee's verdict that he should be held in contempt and it will be sent and said that. We won't bring it before the Senate. We'll see what happens over time. But this is outside of the ordinary bill making process, so it doesn't have to go to the House, doesn't have to be signed by the President, and really doesn't have to go before the Senate.
Speaker 1: There is some precedent you're.
Speaker 37: Doing it that way, and it's still may be done that way. But for now, we will hand carry this over to the Attorney General. We will hand carry this to the district court here in Columbia, and we will as a committee, we have voted the majority to refer this, so that will be accomplished today.
Speaker 24: But doctor Fauci has said that you aren't out to get him.
Speaker 37: If you're circumventing the normal Senate procedure, aren't you proving his point? A million Americans died, and I think they deserve to know the truth. Anthony Fauci has advocated for dangerous Gain and Function research for two decades now. The question why is not a question that he can have liability for.
Speaker 1: He was given a pardon.
Speaker 37: Interestingly, the pardon starts in twenty fourteen, and that's when the funding of the lab and Ruhan started. So I think he should answer questions as far as pleading the fifth. When you have a pardon, all if do is tell the truth, just not commit a new crome. But if we were to grant him immunity from telling the truth, of what value you know, would his testimony be? So I think the American people do deserve to know this. This is the same Anthony Fauci who said in a Washington Post op ed in twenty eleven said that even if a pandemic should start from a lab, if someone's bitten in a lab or the virus escapes the lab, that the knowledge would be worth the risks. I don't think many Americans believe that this deserves to be thoroughly exhaustively debated. So we don't do this again. Most of the scientists who came out in opposition to Anthony Fauci in twenty eleven when he funded and Gain A Function research in the Netherlands. Most of these scientists, I have no idea of their partisanship. They want to make it about being partisan or me being partisan or disliking Anthony Fauci. I had no opinion of Anthony Fauci.
Speaker 1: All of this and more when I come back Triple eight Night seven one Sage, do not leave Town, Triple Late nine seven one Sage Triple eight nine seven one seven two four three. I am Larry Older. We are Saling News Channel, coming to you from the Relief Factor Studio. Don't forget your Relief Factor eight hundred four Relief eight hundred to number four relief Theliefactor dot Com. That's Reliefactor dot Com. Back to Rand Paul on doctor Fauci.
Speaker 37: Partisan or me being partisan or disliking Anthony Fauci. I had no opinion of Anthony Fauci when he came with the American people.
Speaker 1: I didn't know who he was. For a year.
Speaker 37: I didn't realize what was going on until I began reading actually press reports. Nicholas Wade and others wrote incredible stories talking about the evidence that made us believe that this came from a lab. He's been evading this for a long time. The level of dishonesty is really unparalleled. In January twenty In January twenty twenty, he wrote, we know now that the earliest cases were not from the wet market. It'll take you thirty seconds to look at all the clips. Dozens and dozens of times he came on your networks and he said, it's just the wet markets, those crazy animals.
Speaker 1: We shut down the wet market, will do this.
Speaker 37: But he wasn't an objective observer and he wasn't out of questioned really by the media on did he have a conflict of interest? Did he have a self interest in it not being from the lab. Of course he did because he funded the lab.
Speaker 1: And about doctor Pawcie taking the Fifth Amendment after he's been given a pardon number twenty five.
Speaker 37: I'm doing everything I legally can, even before all of this, for the last four years, I've referred him twice criminally for charges to the EJ under Biden, twice under Trump. Tomorrow, what will happen is if the committee votes for it, we will then forward that from the Committee to the Department of Justice seeking the same This time, they'll contempt is different. You can be jailed for contempt or you can be told by judge that you have to testify. So if they can get this into the court, if they choose to pursue it, the judge, you'll have a couple of choices. The judge could say, well, he's allowed to plead the fifth or the judge could say, well, he's been pardoned, why would he need to plead the fifth? And of what value is testimony if he doesn't have to promise not to lie? I mean, why would you need the Fifth Amendment if all you have to do is come before a committee and not lie. I mean, he can say that he destroyed records, he can say that he lied previously to Congress. He's just not lying this time. But there still are remedies. But I can't do it by myself. I have to have the help of the Department of Justice decide that this is something they wish to pursue.
Speaker 1: Sanata Josh Hawley from Azura also about Fauci and total immunity, refusing to answer questions number twenty four say what we're going to vote tomorrow?
Speaker 42: Believe it is tomorrow morning to hold whom the contempt And my team is working right now on the memo of blame and explaining why we think that he can be prosecuted for contempt of Congress. He's not entitled to immunity taking the fifth when.
Speaker 1: He already has a partner. You can't. He's one or the other.
Speaker 42: Listen, if he would like to give up his pardon, then I will grant him. He can invoke the fifth. You know what, I'd even be willing to say to advocate that we have another hearing. If he'd like to give up his parton and renounce it, we'll have another hearing and he can come back in. But unless he does that, you can't do both. You can't say I got total immunity, but I will not answer your questions. He needs to answer the questions.
Speaker 1: He's the least thing he can do to the American public. A million people go out of COVID. You know this guy can't even answer a question. You can't say what color is high is?
Speaker 8: Come on?
Speaker 29: Come on?
Speaker 42: Plus he got rich off of it, as we.
Speaker 1: Know, it's terrible. As for whether the DOJ will prosecute doctor Fauci, here's what President Trump saying. Number thirty two.
Speaker 38: Do you think the DOJ should prosecute doctor Fauci.
Speaker 29: Well, you know, they prosecuted Peter Navarro, and they prosecuted Steve Bannon, to very decent people over something that essentially was never prosecuted before, and their sort of telltale signs of similarity, and they went to jail for a number of months over something that they saw. One of the analysts said, they used to laugh at it in the Justice department when something like that was referred. But Merrick Garland prosecuted two very decent people and sent them to jail. I wasn't president. I would have given a apartner in two seconds, but I wasn't. Was after I left. They waited till left I left, and then they prosecuted these two people, and they were to be ashamed of themselves. So when you see that happen, you sort of say, maybe he should. What he did is far more serious than a lot of crimes. Frankly, but they prosecuted two people when nothing like that has ever taken place before.
Speaker 1: So he was noncommittal, and he could have brought up the the law fair against him, whether it's the Fannie Lewis lawsuit claiming that he somehow violated election law by asking the secretary of State to find ten thousand more. Didn't say tent steal them, just make sure that we didn't overlook them. Prosecuted for keeping documents allegedly illegally when Biden had more documents and more places without the ability to declassify him because he wasn't president the January sixth, so called insurrection case. Has there been anybody prosecuted more than this man for less reason? Now when it comes to supplements, two things matter most that it works as you can trust it. Rather then just tell you about Relief Factor, we let our customers do it. We hear from people every single day whose lies have change, and we'd like you to hear a few of their stories. Joni shared that before Relief Factor, her husband couldn't open his hands in the morning and had to give up playing guitar. Now he wakes up with flexibility and he's back to playing music. They're both recommending Relief Factor to friends as a way to enjoy the things they love again. I take it every single morning for back issues. Now they make it easy to find out if you'll be the next person telling us Relief Factory help you enjoy what you love three weeks for just seventeen dollars and seventy six cents. Just go to Reliefactor dot com. Reliefactor dot com or call eight hundred four Relief. That's eight hundred the number four Relief. We'll connect you with our friendly local team and they'll do everything they can to help. Reliefactor dot com, Relief Factor dot com. Eight hundred four Relief, eight hundred the number four Relief.
Speaker 12: Dennis, I'd love to start with a very important question. Did you watch the Fauci hearings.
Speaker 9: Under the advice of my counsel, I take the constitutional like not to incriminate myself under the Fifth Amendment.
Speaker 1: Triple eight, I said, one fag Triple eight nine seventy one, seventy two forty three Larry Older's Salem News Channel ten years ago. I didn't know who Dave Rubin was. One of my friends recommended that I do his show, and I arrived there early. We started talking and I said, I hear that you're a liberal. He said yeah. I said, I also hear that you've got common sense, and he said, well, I like to think I do. I said, well, after we're done with our interview, you won't be a liberal anymore. Number thirty nine.
Speaker 43: So, but you wouldn't not acknowledge that there are some systemic issues.
Speaker 1: Give me an example. Tell me what you think the most systemic racist issue is. What is it? Well?
Speaker 43: I would say that because black people in most cases, in many cases were descendants of slaves, that racism as a as an institution, that it is two thousand, A certain amount of it just exists.
Speaker 1: A twenty and fifteen is here. Give me the most blatant racist example you can come up with right now.
Speaker 43: I think you could probably find evidence that in general, cops are that cops are more willing to shoot if the perpetrator is black.
Speaker 1: What's your data than white? What's your basis for saying that? Last year, Well, look, I.
Speaker 43: Know a lot of people would say, look, what's going on?
Speaker 1: I know what they would say, talking about what the facts are. Nine hundred and sixty five people were shot by cops last year and killed. Four percent of them were white cops shooting unarmed blacks in Chicago. In twenty eleven, twenty one people were shot and killed by cops. In twenty fifteen. There were seven in Chicago, which is a third black, a third white, and a third Hispanic seventy percent of the homicides are black on black, about forty per month, almost five hundred in the per year last year Chicago, and seventy five percent of them are unsolved. Where's a Black Lives matter on that? The idea that a racist white cop and shooting unarmed black people is apparel to black people is BS is complete and total BS. And the reason for these so called activists saying this is the assumption that racism remains a major problem in America. The media CNN, especially MSNBC runs down whenever a black cop shoots somebody and it's some march on Washington. It's ridiculous. Black people. Half the homicides in this country are committed buying against black people. Last year, there were fourteen thousand homicides. Not talking about suicides, I'm talking about homicides. Half of them were black, ninety six percent of them black on black. Of that seven thousand, where's a Black Lives Matter people on that?
Speaker 43: So there's where you would say that this is purely because of social justice, purely because they want ultimately for people to be angry enough to just keep voting Democrats.
Speaker 1: That's right, And where's the evidence of the lack of social justice. When a black suspect is killed by a cop. Believe me, the media is on it, people are watching it, and justice will, for the most part occur. In Baltimore where Freddie Gray was killed. Freddie Gray died in a van. I shouldn't say it was killed, died in a van. You have a city that's forty five black. City council is one Democrat, The majority of city council is black. The top cop at the time was black, the number two cop with black, the majority of the command staff is black, the mayor is black, the AG is black. And yet here we are talking about racism. I mean, it's it's absurd, absurd. So it's funny.
Speaker 43: I find myself caught in between this a little bit as a liberal, where I want to always try to defend the others. So in this case, the other being black people, I'm always sympathetic to that. And then yeah, yeah, at the same time, I hear you laying out a pretty solid well just the fact.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you something else too. There was just a study University of Washington, and it turns out cops were more reluctant, more hesitant to pull the trigger against the black suspect than a white suspect, probably because of the fear of being accused of racially profiling and the fear that the civil rights established was going to come down on him. So, if anything, whites are more likely to be shot by a cop under under certain circumstances than a black person. And in last thirty or forty years, the number of percentage of suspects killed by cops who are black has declined seventy five percent. However, the percentage of whites killed by cops has flatlined. And so, if anything, people are more concerned about shooting black people for fear that they're going to be called racist. And almost all every one of these incidents, whether it's Eric Gardner in New York who died because he was selling Lucy's and resisted arrests, whether it's Tamir Rice in Cleveland who was twirling around the gun, whether it's Michael Brown and Ferguson who had just committed an strong arm robbery, almost every one of these incidents involved somebody resisting arrests. Why don't you just do what the police tell you? My dad said, when I get pulled over, have my hand at ten o'clock had my hand at two o'clock. Say yes, sir, Say no, sir. Make sure my paperwork is in order. And if I feel the cop is mistreating me, get a badge number and deal with it later on. If Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and Obama and the whole group of them told black people to do that, we'd have a lot fewer of these things to deal with in the first place.
Speaker 43: Yeah, all right, So I'm with you. I'm hearing a lot of what you're saying here. So as a black conservative, then who Now you've You've laid out your case.
Speaker 1: There, but you haven't laid out yours. I asked you to name the most important example of racism, and you gave white cops going after black people. And I told you, gave you the facts for that. So that's nonsense that you must have something else. What else is it? If you think racism remains a problem in America, give it to well.
Speaker 43: I think it remains a problem to me. It may not be systemic in that we have. It's not like you're not being hired because you're black. There's no systemic reason, you know, legal reason that that exists.
Speaker 1: That kind of thing.
Speaker 43: But I think that racism as a general.
Speaker 1: I need some theory, need I need some specifics. Right, you gave me the white cop thing. What else? Give me another example where you think is a problem.
Speaker 43: Well, well, as a black conservative, tell me how to know you? How do you get people to come around.
Speaker 1: You're You're the one who made the assertion that racism remains a major problem in America. I asked you to give me an example. You gave me white cops going after blacks. As far as I'm concerned, you didn't hold it up very well. What's the other argument you have? What's the other thing?
Speaker 43: Well, I don't know that it's systemic in that in the sort of macro set.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not mad. I want to know what it is you're you're talking to. That's that's yeah, I believe me. That's one hundred percent of whites are not getting into school b s. We have a race, we have affirmative action. So a black person with a with an S A T and a g P a uh of x will we'll get into a school faster and easier than the white person with an S, A T or a GPA of X. And if going to going to school is a route to the middle class. You can make an argument that Blacks have an easier route to middle to the middle class. If you're talking about black about poverty. The poorer you are, the more accessible loans and grants are for you.
Speaker 32: Uh.
Speaker 1: The problem, the biggest burden that black people have, in my opinion again is the percentage of black seventy five percent of them that are raised without fathers, and that has every other social negative consequences connected to it, crime, not being able to compete economically in the country, being more likely to be arrested. That's the number one problem facing the black community. And when I hear people tell me about systemic racism or unconscious racism, I always say, give me an example, and almost nobody can do it. Triple eate nineteenn one s a ge do not meet town with be right down. I'm Larry Elite, Triple Eate nine seven one sage triple eight nine seventy one seven two four to three Larry Elder, Salem News Channel.
Speaker 43: So the family stuff, So I'll follow your logic there on family stuff. What can actually be done about that?
Speaker 27: Then?
Speaker 1: I mean, because that's that's a big reverse the welfare state. In eighteen ninety nineteen hundred, you look at census reports, a black kid, believe it or not, was slightly more likely to be born to a nuclear intact family than a white kid. Even during slavery, a black kid was more likely to be born under a roof with his biological mother and biological father than today. What's happened is we launched this so called war on poverty in the sixties, where literally Lynna and Johnson sent people knocking on doors. I lived in the sixties, and people knocked on doors apprising women of their availability to welfare provided there was no man in the house. And we went from twenty five percent of blacks being born outside of wedlock and sixty five to seventy five percent right now. And you look at how much money that we spent on welfare, and the lines are parallel. It was a neutron bomb dropped on this country, not just in the black community, but on people in general. At one time, only about five percent of whites were born outside of wedlock. Now twenty five percent of whites are born outside of wedlock. I was in college in nineteen seventy and there was a report called them on a hand report. The Negro Family, A Case for National Action, is written by a liberal, by a man who became a Democratic center from New York, and at the time, twenty five percent of black kids were born outside of wedlock. He said, my god, this number is horrific. If we don't do something about it, it could get even higher. Well fast forward, twenty five percent of white kids are now born outside of wedlock. It is the number one problem in this country. And what we've done, in my opinion, is we've economically incentivized women to marry the government, and we've allowed men to abandon their financial and more responsibility. And now we have that. Dave Rubin, to his credit, because this wasn't a live interview, could have taken that out, splighted it together, so he didn't look as if he was not able to respond to my challenge. But he didn't do that. Not only did he not do that, you can go on line and see it. I think the next day or so, he played the whole thing and he said, I've now changed my mind. I no longer buy into this narrative that the at least are engaging in systemic racism against black people. I now understand what the real problem is, the way the welfare state and liberals have destroyed the nuclear intact family, not just among blacks but in America. And he told me that I completely changed his way of looking at things, his view. If you look at that excerpt, which is I'll played for you, about two three million people have seen it on YouTube. And somebody told me after they saw this that I had red pilled him. I had never seen the movie The Matrix. I had no idea what they were talking about. I said, what do you mean, I read piled him. Well, it's a term, he said, meaning you dropped some conservative information on him and you changed his mind. I said, oh, so it's a verb. Red pilled. Dave and I are now very very good friends, by the way, and I've just interviewed him on his podcast Good Guy, Great guy, and he had enough character in class to change his mind and do so publicly. God bless everybody. Great weekend.
Speaker 7: What can I say, mabou, Well, Mikey has been fro all across America.
Speaker 1: That's enough. Put down the mic. The Larry Elder Show