Speaker 1: Welcome to Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Here thousands of hours of Dennis's lectures, courses in classic radio programs, and to purchase Dennis Prager's Rational Bibles, go to Dennisprager dot com. On today's episode of Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 2: I have I'm going to throw out a theory today that I once I threw out once, and it is simply this. This is about our society at this time, or at least for the last generation. Something happens to a lot of women around age twenty nine in the way they look at life, so much so that it may in fact be a cause of a disproportionate number of marital breakups.
Speaker 1: That's coming off on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager, and it starts right now.
Speaker 2: I am old fashioned. I like two sexes.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think all of a sudden, I don't like being married to what is known as a new woman. I want a wife, not a competitor.
Speaker 1: Competator, competitor, talk about a bit, this crying in the morning thing. It's depression, you know, let's get that fixed.
Speaker 4: That's what men think, isn't it.
Speaker 5: What Unless you've got the answer, Unless you can say, oh, I know this bloke in Essex Road, call fix that, and there's no point bothering.
Speaker 6: How do you write women so well?
Speaker 1: I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability.
Speaker 7: I love him.
Speaker 8: I love him and I don't care what you think.
Speaker 7: I love him for the for the man he wants to be, and I love him for the man that he almost is.
Speaker 5: What do people have rowse about him?
Speaker 2: Money? It's sex sex money he wants, she doesn't want, she wants, he doesn't want women. I've always been a big problem to me, doctor Fusspenden. Yes, yes, yes, go on, gon hi everybody, and welcome to the Welcome to the Dennis Prager Show, The Male Female Hour. Alrighty there, all right, throat be good, ah, my friends. Every week at this time we talk about men and women. It's titled The Male Female Hour, and I'm Dennis Prager and I welcome you to it. Truly honest talk about men and women. I mean, really honest. There are times that it's so honest and so mature to use a term that has fallen out of common usage that I actually tell you that maybe kids under a teenage years might not be it may not be appropriate, for that's not the case this time, but it gives you an idea of how honest we do talk about honestly we do talk about these issues I have. I'm going to throw out a theory today that I once I threw out once. Do we have that letter? By the way, hoh? Is this it good? Yes? I threw this out once or twice, perhaps in the course of talking about related ideas, but I never ever developed it, and I fully acknowledge it is just a theory of mine based on observation. It may, it may, and it may not be. Well, that's redundant. If it may, then it may not. You know, like when people say, well maybe or maybe not, but maybe means maybe not anyway, I love to get your reactions, and I suspect that, well, no, I think men may have something to say about this, but certainly, certainly I suspect a fair number of women. And if not not, we'll just find out. But if I'm right, it was worth raising in because the consequences of this may affect people down the road and not long down the road, as you will understand, quite considerably. And that is this, and I have believed this now for let's see, oh about twenty twenty five years, and it is simply this, at least in our society at our time. I do not say that at all, that this is universal. Most of my theories about men and women are universal. This is not. This is about our society at this time, or at least for the last generation. Something happens to a lot of women around age twenty nine in the way they look at life, so much so that it may in fact be a cause of a disproportionate number of marital breakups. If this resonates with you, call me male or female, but it is not. But it is about females. Males at twenty nine is no different than male at twenty five. Male at thirty five. Males have a fairly males may have a midlife crisis. But which of course, could be at fifty, at sixty, at forty five, I don't know. I don't know. I would say those forty five to sixty five, I guess. But that's a very broad period of time and that we all know about. But there seems to be something that happens at around twenty nine to a lot of women who all of a sudden start asking and the full number here is one eighth Praeger seven seven six one eight pr g Er seven seven six, which is eight seven seven two four three triple seven six eight seven seven two four three triple seven six. And it appear years that, at about age twenty nine, a lot of women start asking who am I? What am I? What do I want in life? Why am I here in this marriage, in this relationship, in this in this work, in whatever. It's like it overtakes them. It's like a if there's a midlife crisis for men, then I don't know, is this an early life crisis. I don't know what to call it. A twenty nine year it's almost like an alarm clock. And look, if I didn't, if I didn't see this in more than a few cases, then I would never even bring it to your attention, and certainly I wouldn't broadcast it on a national radio show. I mean, it's it would be embarrassing if you know, I knew two people that something happened to and then say, folks, you tell me, do you do you find an increase in I don't know, Dan Ruffo at the age of thirty six. I mean, it's not like that it's that I have just too often seen it. I mentioned this once in passing and I received a number of responses. Here's an example of one from a Katie in Scottsdale, Arizona. Subject twenty nine is the magic number. Question mark please please please expand on this, Dennis, and then three exclamation points. This woman is into Trinity's please please please, three exclamation points. I have to know the theory. I am twenty nine and have undergone tremendous changes in the past year. I actually just told my husband the other night that I don't want to be married to him anymore. I love him and I don't want to end it, but he is such a miserable, selfish pain. Anyhow, this is just one of the many quote unquote changes. If you have some insight into this than we the royal we needed, then it's one exclamation point. Alrighty, So let's see if by the way, if this is so, if there really is this phenomenon in our society, then it there should be some It should have some effect on marital decisions that men and women make, and and I'll talk about that. It doesn't mean you don't marry a woman under twenty nine. But it means that care be taken by the woman and the man has she thought through a lot of things already, if it's even possible to do so in every case. All right, Catherine in Phoenix, Arizona, Catherine, Dennis Praeger High, Hi.
Speaker 7: Thanks so much for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 7: As soon as I heard what you were saying, I stopped dead in my tracks and just picked up my ears. I completely I GESTI with everything you've just said. I think it's whether you're.
Speaker 2: Single, well you are, you are twenty nine.
Speaker 7: I am twenty nine, and I am single. I'm in a serious, committed relationship. But you start going through this phase of just asking all these questions and you feel like you know less now than you've ever known in your life, and it's hard to make decisions because it's kind of what the color of Katie from Scottsdale. You know, she's having major attortionities now. But I feel like it happens when you're single or married.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I would love to hear more.
Speaker 2: So wait, I want you. I want to hear a little more from you. Tell me what this alarm clock at age twenty nine alarmed you about.
Speaker 7: You start to ask career questions. You start to ask where am I headed in my life? What am I doing? Is that the right thing? But you're you're kind of at a point where if you are single, your I don't know if it's the biological clock, but something's ticking. It makes you feel like, well, if you're not married, you're either doing something wrong or I need to get on that bandwagon pretty soon.
Speaker 2: Right. But the women, but again, as I said, so many of the women wonder why they got married. I know, so it's it is an alarm clock. Did it take you by surprise?
Speaker 7: It's a girlfriend and I we have lots of theories. Around twenty six, she was a year ahead. She was at twenty seven. She says, Catherine, you're going to start going through a point in your life where things just don't make sense. And she was that, I feel like it starts happening around twenty six and twenty nine. I just it's I feel like it is stronger than it ever has been.
Speaker 2: And I know, you know, kind of trouble by the way you want you want Katie's email address, maybe you could stop. You want Katie's email address? Your neighbors, Sure, she's I can't do that. But now I'm just kidding. It would be fun, though, to have like the twenty nine year old Woman's club where you can all sit and say how confusing life is.
Speaker 7: And it's like, you know, I pray for answers and I just take you day by day.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we'll have a lot of people, all I mean, we're just overloaded already with with thank you, thank you, Catherine. I appreciate it. I think I'm onto something here. And have you ever heard it? Be beyond me saying this? And I'm not sitting here to tell you I'm terrific. I just I have not seen it mentioned. And why in our society is it? You know? Is it happening in Uzbekistan and in Paraguay and I don't know. All right, well, we'll take more of your calls. This is the male Female Hour on the Dennis Prager Show.
Speaker 1: This episode of Timeless Wisdom. We'll continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's timeless wisdom.
Speaker 2: This is the male female Hour on the Dennis Prager Show. And I'm Dennis Prager, and I try to be as transparent as possible, and it has its risks. But the benefits so far outweigh the risks. And therefore, when people say to me, you know Dennis, I feel like I know you? You do you do know me? This is me and the transparency that I'm about to offer you is what went into my making this hour on this subject. It is something I have thought about for twenty five years. But I gambled an effect in making this a subject for the Male Female Hour, because what if my theory was kaka maimie. I never read about it, nobody else told this to be, and so we really we debated Alan and I over this. He wanted it sooner than I. I finally felt like, let's take the risk. And yet I look at these calls and I think, I do think I'm onto something here, And if I am, it's a very important thing to know because the better people know themselves, and the better the sexes know each other, the more chance there is for good relations between the sex and a happier life. And it's a very simple theory. I hope it's not simplistic, but it is simple. Something happens to women and many women in our society around age twenty nine rethinking everything, A is it true? B If it is true, why is it so? So let's first see is it true and get some more calls. Here we go to Houston, Texas and is your name Hazen? Yes, there it is Hi Hazen, Dennis Prager, thanks for calling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good afternoon, mister Prager. I think to answer your two questions right there, I think, yes, you're onto something. And I can only ponder a guest, but I think between the well.
Speaker 2: Tell us why you think I'm onto something? Tell us your own experience with this.
Speaker 5: Well. I celebrated my fifth year anniversary last weekend with my wife, got two lovely boys. And she needs time and space.
Speaker 2: And how old is she?
Speaker 5: She's thirty, okay?
Speaker 2: And did it seem to come out of nowhere?
Speaker 5: Out of nowhere? It just absolutely blindsided me. She's needed time and space. And and I'm to the point where as I told your screener, you know what are you doing? I've given you everything you've ever wanted. You stayed on mom, beautiful house, healthy boys, loved you. Everything I have is in your hands.
Speaker 2: Run with it.
Speaker 5: And she's all of a sudden now not happy. And I think she's not happy because what she's realizing this is where my pop psychology comes in. She's venturely. She doesn't know how to love. She doesn't know if it's if it's primal in like nineteen fifties ish, or if it's by being a strong, independent, career minded woman. She doesn't. She's I think she's so she's got to be torn up. There's there's a the biological as your earlier caller said about the biological Yeah.
Speaker 2: But she is. She has already met her biological clock. She has two kids. She had to exactly.
Speaker 5: No, your previous caller addressed that, And what I wanted to say is this clock has been met and uh and that part of the equation in my in my world is out, so you know. So now she's saying, Okay, well now I have everything I ever wanted, and now, well what is it that I really want? You you intimated that earlier.
Speaker 2: That's that's exactly right, Hazen. I just want you to know this is of no help to you, but my heart goes out to you. Please note that I I I'm not casting any villains here, but by the way, there are times I do. I I don't hesitate for making moral judgments, but I just want to say here that my heart goes out to a guy if what he describes is accurate, I mean, he is blindsided. You know what? What did I do wrong? He must make up, pinch himself and ask well, isn't this like the dream of women and folks. I'm not saying this as a condemnation or anything. I'm saying this is so we need to understand if the phenomenon is true. The need to know that, and if it is true, we need to figure out why because of a lot of gratuitous pain that occurs between humans. Mike and Philadelphia. You're on the Dennis Prager Show.
Speaker 9: Denz, thank you so much for taking my call. You are definitely on something here. I was married for seven years and my wife, well ex wife is twenty nine, and literally got blindsided, just like your other callers.
Speaker 2: You're thirty three now, yes you have kids. No, you were married seven years, so you married. She was twenty two when she married. Yes you were you the same age?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Well were you?
Speaker 9: I was on Tlin four years older?
Speaker 2: All right to you? Oh, I us that this just happened, Yes, just that a year ago, and you were blind You were you? And you felt blindsided as.
Speaker 9: Well, absolutely, just one day I found out that there was an infinity, that there.
Speaker 2: Was a lot, There was a lot infidelity. Yeah, you're breaking up a little, okay, in infidelity? And what did she say to you? While were her words?
Speaker 9: She doesn't know what she wants?
Speaker 2: Boy, I tell you.
Speaker 9: And this was after years of marriage. You know home, you know everything. We're kind of moving towards a shared goal and then all of a sudden I was kind of left on my own and you loved her absolutely without a doubt.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, Mike, I thank you so much. And you know you'll certainly meet somebody and have a happy life. I'm convinced of that. It's really uh. I mean, folks, if you throw out something like this, look, if you have a big enough audience. I'm not foolish. I understand that if you have a large enough audience a selection of humanity, then then you know, perhaps I could have said that men at twenty nine, this happens, But I don't think I would have filled up the lines like this with stories like this. My husband changed at twenty nine. I don't think that happens in one percent of the cases. All right, now, now we'll have enough time for me to offer what I think we might want to learn from this, but it's so important to hear from as many of you as possible. We go to Anaheim and Teresa, Hello, Teresa, Dennis Prager, Hi.
Speaker 6: Dennis, how you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm well? Thank you good?
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 6: Here is here is an opinion sixty plus point of view, kind of an overview of the various milestones in a woman's life. I think men seem to only have one milestone, and that would be midlife. Whenever that happens to them, and they try to feel younger, so they try to get dinner and they try to get a younger woman. But a woman realizes about twenty nine, she's really come of age when she's says, wow, you know, okay, life is passing by really quickly. Either I need to have a child if I have childless, or I need to go back to school, or I need to get a better job. And I think the reason behind this is that a woman is always seeming a woman always seems to want to get better. Men seem to feel like they've arrived. You know, they have their job, so they do their job and they come home and that's it. I'll be sixty three in a few days and right now. I mean, I want to do it all. I want to, you know, try different fun jobs after I retire. I want to enjoy the grandkids. I want to travel. I think women are more well rounded. I think that kind of ads to as to the problem of what you men seem to think is confusing in a way because you don't know what's happening in our minds. And I think women are just more well rounded than men.
Speaker 2: And we can so what happens at twenty nine is a virtue?
Speaker 6: Well, I think it's in a way, and I think women are getting married to soon. They should they should.
Speaker 2: Say well, that, by the way, is one of the questions I want to discuss here. If there is a lesson here, is that one of the conclusions to be drawn back in a.
Speaker 1: Moment this episode of Timeless Wisdom. We'll continue right after this now back to more of Dennis Prager's Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 2: Times. I think if we had one hundred lines to the studio, one hundred lines would be lit up and with apparently with examples of what I am talking about. One a Praguer seven seven six is the number if you can get in and and it's it's it's worth trying, people drop off or whatever happens. But in any event, the subject on this male female hour. Every week at this time, I devote an hour to male female issues. Is a theory of mine that I don't claim is unique to me, but I haven't heard it elsewhere. And that is that something happens around age twenty nine to a great many women in our society, and it's almost like an alarm clock goes off and brand new questions about their whole life arise. And as you've heard men calling up and saying, out of nowhere, in a seemingly happy, loving marriage, their wife wants a divorce out of nowhere. No, he has had no affair, and you know no, I mean, everything seemed to be great. It seems to come out of nowhere, and it seems to come out of nowhere to the woman too, It's not just to the man. And if this is true, then we have to figure out why. And once we figure out why, let's figure out what we can do about that. And let's go to Deborah in San Antonio, Texas. Hi. Deborah Dennis Prager.
Speaker 3: Hi, Dennis. First of all, I want to say that your idea is not kakameme. I would call you many things, but never cocka. Mamie.
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't call me kakamemi either. The question was where the idea was, not me?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, I won't make that connection. Then. I was just going to tell you that when I was about thirty, I had exactly what you're describing. Happened to me, and I've seen it happen to my girlfriends. I'm fifty now that I remember this very vividly, and what happened, in my opinion, is that women feel time passing so much more quickly than men do. And my theory is that our culture places so much value on youth and beauty, and when a woman starts getting close to thirty, we begin to feel that we only have a few good years left, and suddenly there's a pick to wonder, is there something better with these few good years. It's kind of like listening to the radio and you like the song that's on, but what if there's something better? So you switch stations. And that's what happened with me. I walked away from a very content, perfectly good life because I panicked because I thought time is slipping away? Time is running out? And what if I what if there was something better for me? What if I could have you know, done better? What if there could have been more for.
Speaker 2: Me or a better man I'm sorry, or a better man?
Speaker 3: Well maybe that I was married to a wonderful man.
Speaker 2: Well wait, wait, did you stay married?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I got a divorce?
Speaker 2: All right, So then then what I what I said was accurate. That part of the what if there was something better was what if there's a better man? You yourself said, I'll switch stations.
Speaker 3: Sure, I think that was part of it is could there be a better marriage?
Speaker 2: Okay? Fine, all right? And in retrospect, did you, by the way, did you remarry?
Speaker 6: I did?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, so it's hard to ask because it would seem to it would it doesn't reflect on your current marriage. But uh, I'll still ask, and please know that it doesn't reflect you. May have the most wonderful marriage in the world, but in retrospect, do you think it was worthy of divorcing over?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I wish I had been more mature. I'm so happy with my marriage. Now.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, you are an honest woman, because you see it would be tempting for you to say, well, since I'm so happily married. Now I realized it was the right decision. But you answered me very honestly, and I salute you for that. You're you're a very deep person and I appreciate that call. But this is exactly why I raised this. And it was a gamble, as I said, because what if I was just wrong and people would think the guy has this bizarre theory met you know, he met two women in his life that this or heard about two cases, and now he's generalizing, you know, my my theory. Anyway, generalizations are the mother of wisdom, but of course a wrong generalization is the mother of foolishness. So better don well be a good generalization. You don't have a very clear view of the world. I think this is clear, so I will take more calls, but I think now we have to ask and I will have to start thinking through with you if this is true, and apparently it is, what can be done to forestall tragedy? And one answer I'll tell you right now is just given by Deborah. It's called maturity, and that is not something we aim for much in this society. It's a big problem male female hour at Dennis Prager show well to my satisfaction, and I'm Dennis Prager, and this is the male female Hour to my intellectual satisfaction. I think we've established that my theory has a basis in reality that enough of itself is worth talking about. By the way, how you come to understand life based on your own experiences, whether your experiences are atypical or not. I mean there's a lot in that whole issue of what you can you learn from your own observations, because remember, college makes you stupider. I mean that literally. I don't mean it. It's an attack, but I don't mean it to be an attack. I mean it literally. It makes you stupider in part because it says what you observe means nothing. The only thing you can ever learn from our studies, and so we become stupider when we look at life. Anyway, that's a side issue, but a very important side issue, hence I mentioned it. My theory is that for many women in our society, I'm not speaking about other societies or historically, around the age of twenty nine, for many women and some alarm clock goes off out of nowhere seemingly and asks the ultimate questions of what am I? Who am I? What am I doing here? Whatever? The here is? Why am I single? Why am I married? Why do I have kids? Why don't I have this job? Why are and I traveling? Why are and I staying home? Why are and I? Who am I? Well? Will be the best you like? Some of you are so eloquent, by the way, It's my point. You remember that when people are passionate, they become eloquent. And some of you have truly been, and you feel women do in our society at any rate with the premium on youth and beauty, how many years that was really irrevelatory and for many people, I think, how many years do I have left at this worth? And have I done the very best I can do with this? It's almost like I have a treasure. The treasure is now starting to flow through my hands before it dissipates. What can I do? What do I even want to do? Is what many women ask now. And this last woman, I mean just honestly saying as great as her current marriage is, that there was no good reason for her to divorce at thirty, but she did. Dallas, Texas and Julietta Julietta Dennis Prager, thank you for calling. How old are you? I am twenty one, sir, Oh, so you have eight years to look forward to.
Speaker 6: Sounds like it.
Speaker 8: I listened to you all the time, and I don't think I've ever been as interested in a topic as this one. I told your screener, I'm twenty one, and I know that I'm young and all this stuff, but I think that it doesn't necessarily deal with being twenty nine. I think the factor that you have to look at is if you have a goal in mind and if you've achieved it. I am currently in law school. I finished college in two and a half years. I'm kind of just on the fast track, and I think I had something like this. I don't think to the same extent because I'm single and you know, I still live with my parents trying to save money. But I think I came to the point where I was just thinking, you know, I've done everything, like what am I going to do when I graduate? I'm going to have a job and done what?
Speaker 2: And then you know, so you think, so you think you have speeded up your life, is what you're saying, and you're asking these questions already.
Speaker 8: It's not necessarily spew it out my life. I'm happy with where I am. I think it's just the idea of having some goal in mind, and I've already. I think it happens for twenty nine year olds later, because I mean, not everybody goes through at the same place, right.
Speaker 2: Well, I somehow wish. It's very rare that I ever want to visit the future. I have no desire to see the future, but if I could have a call with you in eight years, I would love that. I mean, in other words, now if I could, if I could somehow visit the future, I'd like to know if all of your goal setting and obviously terrific attainments at your age you sound like a remarkable young woman, will in some way a militi against your going through this experience at twenty nine. I just don't know. I'm agnostic on the issue. I'm not predicting it at will. Julietta, I can't say this to women, though, it is worth asking these big questions before twenty nine, because no wisdom is given over in college, none zero. In fact, it's anti wisdom. I think that that's a factor. This is about seven eight years after college. For many women, they have had time to undo the foolishness that college has instilled in them, like profession is everything, or indeed, to assimilate it, whatever it might be. I don't think that that's the only factor by any means, but I think it is a factor. We are not kids are not made wise today. They're made educated, but they're not made wise religion, which was a major factor in wisdom teaching. Kids would learn proverbs, for example, Most kids today never heard of the Book of Proverbs, but so today there are no aphorisms even in their lives. They don't know what the word aforism means, for that matter, and so they don't get wisdom, and so wisdom is achieved only through experience, and experience is a great teacher. But if only experience teaches, and we learn nothing from our elders or from traditions that precede our elders, then we will all be fools until we experience life. And it shouldn't have to be that way. The whole point is to learn about life as best as possible without having to experience it. When I was a kid, I used to say, if one hundred people in front of me are walking in a certain direction, and they all fall off a cliff. I don't feel it necessary to fall off that cliff. I take their word for it. I will fall off the cliff too. That's sense to say that life hasn't taught me an immense amount. It certainly has. But I did believe that there was wisdom that preceded me. And these are questions I would advise every young woman listening to ask herself, who am I? What do I really want? Life? What is really important? Ask those questions now. The sooner you ask them, the less that alarm clock will be loud when life will force you to ask those questions. What sort of man do I really want? What sort of marriage?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 2: I believe that marriage is at least as important as career? Children? What about children? In fact, it's funny because we were debating. The other subject I was thinking of doing for this hour was how children can adversely affect the relationship between husband and wife. I'm going to talk about that obviously another week, but that is something to think about in advance. The more that life hits you with surprise is the less able we are to deal with them. The more we can think through in advance, the better we will be able to deal with life. So for young women knowing that twenty nine may all of a sudden pose all these questions, ask them now at twenty four and help others. Ask others to help you answer them. There are people over thirty who have wisdom. Back in a moment. I'm Dennis Prager.
Speaker 1: This episode of timeless wisdom. We'll continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's timeless wisdom.
Speaker 5: You say, man, I say hello.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, I say hello to you. I'm Dennis Prager. This is a male female hour. One an hour, by the way, which reminds me I try to make every hour in some way life affecting. I do. Okay, I don't know if it sounds arrogant. I'll have to live with that charge. And that's why I bring to your attention praguer Topia, where you can have my shows permanently downloaded, commercial free, highest quality. It's prager Topia at any of my websites Prager Radio dot com, Dennis Praguer dot com, or even Praegertopia dot com for that matter. Seven dollars a month. That's the whole price, and by the way this show. The Male Female Hour has about eighteen eighteen great shows on disc available eight hundred two two five eight five eight four eight hundred The Male Female Hour eight hundred two two five eighty five eighty four or also at those websites. Okay, what Happens to Women at twenty nine? Jessica, Minneapolis, Dennis Praguer, High, Hi, Dennis, I'm just shaking.
Speaker 4: I can't believe I'm not alone in this. I'm twenty nine and I've been married nine years, and i have three kids, and I'm secure in my marriage. My husband went through I don't know if you call it a corter life crisis at twenty six and I was forced to deal with that whole year. Why am I in this marriage? Is it worth it? And we were through that, and I feel very secure and solid in my marriage. But I feel like since I've turned twenty nine and I've had a crisis in every other one of my relationships. I've stopped talking to my mom, who's been emotionally abusive my whole life. I've evaluated every single friendship I have. I feel like I'm going through a crisis of faith.
Speaker 6: What is real?
Speaker 4: What does God want?
Speaker 8: From me.
Speaker 4: Who do I believe? And who is right? And what am I supposed to be doing? What am I doing here?
Speaker 6: What is my purpose?
Speaker 4: It's nice to know that I'm not alone, and I'm so glad you're doing this hour.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you for telling me you are not alone, Jessica. It seems to me that women who go through that age and don't have this issue, they're more in the minority than you are.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I will have a lot to say about this and ensuing weeks, by the way, but I did want to get to who is this? John? Was that right? The one yes? John? In Los Angeles? Dennis Prager High, Are you okay? Thank you?
Speaker 10: So I completely agree with you.
Speaker 2: I heard it.
Speaker 10: When I think one time you had mentioned it previously, and I just happened to hear that snippet, and I thought I was gonna cry because I went through it three years ago when my wife just turned twenty nine, and we had been planning our wedding and our kids and started building our dreamhouse and we spent five years together. And it was the weekend after Thanksgiving and we just had family over and she cooked and everything was so happy. And I came home from Mark, and she said that she thinks we're moving in different directions.
Speaker 2: That's right, all right, what does it all mean? That's why I invite you to future editions of The Male Female Hour. I'm Dennis Braker.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager.
Speaker 2: The subject is that the pursuit of a perfect world, of a perfect society, produces hell. The examples are Legion, where people have this vision, Oh, if we only remake society in the image that I can imagine it, then then it will be great. It will be perfect, people will love each other, it will be a beautiful world.
Speaker 1: Join us tomorrow to hear more on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Pragger. This has been Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Visit Dennispragger dot com for thousands of hours of Dennis's lectures, courses, and classic radio programs, and to purchase Dennis Prager's Rational Bibles.