Speaker 1: For more than fifteen years, the country of Hungary has been a sort of conservative beacon in Europe, standing against the dominance of the EU, the European Union, protecting its borders and boldly and unapologetically proclaiming the principles of free markets, traditional family values and also Christianity. Recently, however, there was a sort of shock election in Hungary and the opposition party came to power. Victor Orban, having ruled for some fifteen or sixteen years, has been out of power and the new government, while running and a sort of centrist platform, is now beginning to show its true colors. I'm delighted to have as a guest blash Orban, no relation to Victor Orban. Blash Orban is the former political director for Victor Orban, and he's also a member of the Hungarian Parliament. He's here to update us on what's happening in Hungary right now. Blash welcome, thank you for joining me. The two of us had the pleasure of sharing a stage together a few months ago in Budapest. This was at Sea Pac Europe being held in Budapest, and we had a very interesting Yeah, we had a very interesting discussion focusing a little bit more on American politics. But I want to ask you about Hungary. May I start by asking you, I'm sure you've had some weeks now just to do a bit of a post mortem on what the result of the recent election meant in Hungary. In other words, many of us expected Victor Orban to win again. Perhaps you did as well. What happened? What did the Hungarian people vote for this time around?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much first for having me and have another conversation.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed the last time as well.
Speaker 2: Losing an election is always bad, so I would recommend everyone to win every single election, but unfortunately, in a democracy it's not possible. Sixteen years, it's.
Speaker 3: A long time.
Speaker 2: Europe as you and probably the audience also knows that it's struggling economically. We have a war in our neighborhood which goes on for like four years. It has a devastating consequence. I'm not talking about the security aspect, but the economic aspect, rising energy prizes, affordability issues, inflation and so on and so on. And so a new political party emerged. They were backed by Brussels with every mean which was possible. They were backed by the Ukrainians as well. They were backed by foreign secret services, they were backed by the big social media platforms, they were backed by European Commission censorship machinery.
Speaker 3: So we had a huge fight.
Speaker 2: But this time the majority of the Hungarian citizens voted for change. The opposition party made tons of promises and they told that told the voters that they are not going to change the fundamental structure of Hungarian politics and the most important social policies. But of course, as it happened so many times, when some is just using the slogan of hope and change without any content, it turns out after the election the promises are not as they were before, and the liberal takeover and the Brussels needs are coming to be more and more visible on every day political issues. Why we lost is I think we lost because we were not able to convince the voters. But we were on the right side and so therefore many millions of people voted in favor of us, so we have to keep fighting and representing them. Victor Urbain was for like sixteen years accused of being a dictator, But show me a dictator who is losing elections and stepping down and having a smooth transition procedure.
Speaker 3: So what is the good thing in a bad thing.
Speaker 2: Is that at least we could prove move to the entire international audience that all these accusations and claims were wrong, because like in a democracy, sometimes you louse, sometimes you fight, but there is always a way to come back.
Speaker 1: The new party headed by this guy, I'm not sure if I say I'm saying his name right, but Peter Maggiar, I guess is the way I would pronounce it.
Speaker 3: And he is here and it is quite good.
Speaker 1: Well, I've a I feel good about that. I would hate, you know, hate to say his name wrong. Well, an event he comes out of your party. He's sort of a dissident, and as you mentioned, he ran as a centrist. I think I saw him saying even after the election, something like, you know, don't think that we are going to be opening the border just because a new party has come into power. I got the impression, and some people commented on social media that this guy is going to be a kind of Victor orban Light. He's going to be in the same direction, although maybe with a softer footprin But as it turns out, now that we have a little time to get a gauge on what the new government is doing. It looks like there are some really troubling signs. And I don't just mean that he's adopting different policies, but rather there seems to be an attempt to, you could almost say, turn their victory into something more permanent, subvert the opportunities for free debate and free elections in the future. Talk a little bit about some of the measures that you are seeing that are sort of rigging the process in a manner that is troubling for constitutional and parliamentary democracy.
Speaker 2: So for American audience is probably hard to see, but in every single European member states, the politics it's quite simple. There are the pro Brussels parties who are signing up with the liberal approach of the Brusselian elite. This is mainly an auto itarian liberal attitude, where you're using state power, censorship, financial regulation to keep control even if the will of the people turns to different directions. This is the reason why EU is not able to have proper answers to the migration challenge. For example, it's not because the European citizens are not aware of the fact that mass migration is a problem, but the center, so the federal structure is trying to push direction, to push things into a different direction. This is what's going on, and this has happened in Hungary as well. When a pro Brussels party is taking over, it means that auto itarian liberal tendencies are emerging immediately. That first decision was the most anti democratic decision you can imagine. They banned the banned the Hungarian people from re electing Victor Orban if they want to do so, because they terminated his limit and they said that it's not any more possible to vote for Victor Orban, even if the people wants to do so. The second one was like they try to ban the conservative politicians to be re elected after they spent twelve years in the parliament. Imagine that there is a political party in the US which says that you cannot be a US senator because you have been a Unis senator for twelve years, so now.
Speaker 3: Your termin issue is over.
Speaker 2: They made a constitution. They are planning to accept the constitutional change, which is saying that the president mandate is over simply because he's not coming from their political party. And you're probably heard and seen that we have a very vibrant conservative ecosystem, Angieo Stink Tank, civil society organizations. Here they introduced a law a very communistic way of understanding.
Speaker 3: They want to.
Speaker 2: Ban those institutions, close those institutions that nationalize their assets, and the same thing happening with the church institutions, mainly in the field of education. So you can see the clear sign of auto itarian liberalism.
Speaker 3: When when when when.
Speaker 2: You, when you, even if you win election, you are afraid of the people's decisions and you want to do everything to keep control on the system. This is something which which which shouldn't be acceptable on the soil of Europe.
Speaker 1: It seems like with regard to the banning of victor or ban as well as the restrictions on future and members of your party running again, the government was kind of sneaky about it in the sense that they didn't say we are banning the opposition. What they did was they came up with rules that were neutral on their face. So something like nobody can run for re election after so many years, and yet the clear impact is to fall on your party and benefit their party. So what seems to be a kind of neutral principle is in fact highly one sided in its application.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's true.
Speaker 2: Imagine the situation that after the first term, by then administration is coming up with the constitutional change where they are saying that people with blonde hair cannot be former presidents with blonde hair cannot be re elected. Who is the former president with blonde hair is Donald Trump? So, like you know, that's personalized legislation. Everybody knows, even them are saying it out loudly that this is because people have had enough with Victor Orban. You know, he lost the election, he won like five elections, he lost many more. But why don't we let the people to decide what they want to achieve, what they want to introduce if they are afraid of the from the will of the people. So that's the question, and it's a very very very liberal approach. I would say, this is how things are operating in Europe right now. They were canceling election in a neighboring country. They were trying to jail the most prominent figure of the conservative opposition in France, maney In Lapenz Jordan Bardella.
Speaker 3: The secret services is.
Speaker 2: Putting under pressure if there which is the most popular.
Speaker 3: Party in in Germany.
Speaker 2: So Unfortunately, this is the everyday reality in Britain. If you are committing hate speech crimes which means you are criticizing migration policy or the current leader of the country, you go to jails.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, this is the everyday reality.
Speaker 2: In Europe, in every single country which is governed by the liberals.
Speaker 1: Why is it so complicated to get prescription medication? You know what you need, your doctor knows what you need, and yet somehow you're forced to deal with appointments, insurance approvals, pharmacy delays, and endless red tape just to get access to basic medications. That's the problem with the system. It puts bureaucracy in between patients and the care they need. This is why I love All Family pharmacy. They make the process simple, safe and secure. You go online, complete a short medical form, A licensed doctor reviews your request and prescribes if appropriate. They've got over four hundred medications available and ship directly to your door. Whether you're looking for antibiotics, hybermectin, benzidole, hydroxychloric when NAD plus, blood pressure medications, thyroid medications, peptides, many other treatments, you'll find them all in one place. Go to All Familypharmacy dot com slash danesh. That's All Familypharmacy dot com slash danesh. Use code dinesh ten to save ten percent again Allfamilypharmacy dot com slash dnesh with the code denesh ten. If you are someone you love is turning sixty five soon, pay attention. The moment you hit that age, everything changes. Sure, you become eligible for Medicare, but you also become a target. The junk mail, the robocalls, the fine print. It's overwhelming. This system is confusing by design, and it benefits big insurance, not you. I just turned sixty five. I went through this and let me tell you, if you don't know what you're doing, you could wind up overpaying or losing access to the doctors you trust. That's why I work with Chapter. They're independent, They don't push one plan or another. They just help you find the one that's right for you. Chapters advises are smart, honest, and they actually care. They compare every Medicare option nationwide to make sure you don't miss a thing, and it's completely free. Chapter help me and thousands of my viewers and listeners save real money and a ton of stress when it comes to medicare, So take back control. Click the link and connect with chapter today. Well, Lash, what do you think on the issue of migration? What do you think is the motive for opening the borders in this way? It seems like it is imported into so many of these countries, a whole host of problems, increase dependency on the state and so an economic burden, a burden on the schools and the education system. This is not even to mentioned issues of crime. They are greater risk of terrorism. Why would these Europeans, why would the elites in Brussels, for that matter, see this as a net plus for Europe. Let's put ourselves in their places for a moment. What do they stand to gain from this?
Speaker 3: So in just a.
Speaker 2: Couple weeks time, I will be a member of the European Parliament and I would try to fight for my country there in Brussels. And I went to the Parliament a couple of weeks ago to make to make the first meetings and prepare for the new job.
Speaker 3: And I was by accident walking through the hallway.
Speaker 2: Which was which was which was for the Green Party, which is the most liberal and verdical and leftist party in European Parliament, and there were just signs and bier wars on the walls decorated by the Greens for the people who are walking there, and that was one sign where they were saying refugees welcome, everybody welcome, and bring your families as well.
Speaker 3: So I had a feeling and they were very proud of it.
Speaker 2: So that's not just happening by coincidence or by letting it happen by negligence, but that's their political strategy and they are very proud of it, and that's the majority of the current European Parliament. Many of them are not saying it out loud, but the voting record, their track record is obviously showing that they are together with the Greens. And I think the reason behind it is sometimes it's called a conspiracy theory, but in reality it's population exchange on voters who are in favor of their policies, and they think that only the immigrant background population will be ready to who are dependent on the state, would be ready to support their radical policies, which is otherwise not supported by the the the original people of Europe. That's one element, and the other element is there are some some economy, economic need for workfare or at least this is This was the argumentation ten years ago. I'm not sure whether it's still the case, since the economic decline of Europe is like visible. Unemployment rate will be growing and we are not just talking about the AI but like the industrialization.
Speaker 3: Which is which is which is going on in Europe.
Speaker 2: So I'm not sure whether this is still a valid argumentation. What I do think is there are the leftists who deeply believe that they have to replace the people they need, different people with different without having affiliation or natural affiliation towards their own on nation and homeland, because otherwise they are not going to win elections and grab power. I know it's simple, but I am following very closely the European developments field of migration for ten years, and this is what's going on.
Speaker 3: And with the.
Speaker 2: Migration Pact, everybody they accepted the new law. Everybody is communicating that you know, this is a solution to solve the problems. But the entire law is allow is about that if people entering the territory already enter the territory of you.
Speaker 3: How we distribute them among each other.
Speaker 2: And how we welcome those people who are who are passing our borders illegally, and how we create open refugee camps for them, And what is the capacity of every single country has to maintain just because having like enough open open enough for Refugyes, So the situation is very bad in Europe and happy to see that in the United States there is a government which is fighting against illegal migration. If it also if it requires tough decisions, but this is the only way to do so.
Speaker 1: Well, as you mentioned a little earlier, that the conservatives in Hungary have done something that is certainly not the case in America and quite unique and extremely impressive, which is to build a cultural and intellectual a social ecosystem of think tanks, universities, educational institutions, media and all of this is a way to be able to compete in the public square to advance your arguments. And you said that this new government is trying to come up with schemes or maybe already has to take over this cultural infrastructure that has been built over many many years. How are they doing that, what is their pretext or excuse for doing it, and are they going to succeed?
Speaker 2: Well, it's not very sophisticated. They just say that they have the power to do so, and they are They know that it's against the constitutions, so they modify the constitution because they have the majority.
Speaker 3: To do so.
Speaker 2: There is a new Minister for Education who is very much in favor of gender ideology. She immediately started to put pressure on the church institutions.
Speaker 3: What are they doing?
Speaker 2: How is it possible that they have an independent agenda which is different from the state agenda. Probably you have seen there were some pictures immediately on the major bridges of Budapest. Pride flags emerged. Previously under Victor but and there were only the national flags, but now everywhere pride flags and some places Ukrainian.
Speaker 3: Flags of these are that's a clear sign of.
Speaker 2: Changing the priorities and and about the constitutional ecosystem. They just want to nationalize it. Of course, we are fighting. We use every opportunity we have. That's a legal battle.
Speaker 3: And I can also say that there are many, many.
Speaker 2: Millions of people in Hungary who are supporting these institutions, and there are also many millions in Europe who are supporting these institutions. Because the fight what they are taking is not just about Hungary. It's about how we counter the supernatural nature of European Union and how we preserve national identity and national sovereignty.
Speaker 3: So i'm i'm, i'm.
Speaker 2: I'm optimistic about that that we will find supporters and and these ecosystems will survive. But but the situation is is not easy, and it should concern everyone, not just in Hungary, but all across the Western world.
Speaker 1: Well, as we close out you, you're a man of philosophical disposition, and so I don't hesitate to ask you a broader question, which is that in a parliamentary system, you have a majority rule, uh, and you have kind of power to the people. But in the American system, the American founders were just as afraid that the majority would abuse its power as they were afraid that some aristocracy or monarchy might do so. And as a result, one of the ideas that the founders tried to work against is what they call tyranny of the majority, tyranny of the majority. But it seems like in parliamentary democracies there is not an adequate obstacle or break against tyranny of the majority. Do you think that that is a structural problem in parliamentary democracy, or are there some remedies within parliamentary democracy that can keep a check on exactly what you've just described happening now in Hungary.
Speaker 2: Well, if I may answer with the philosophical answer, I'm happy to do so. So I think there are checks in both systems. The question is whether they are legal checks or non legal checks. So, for example, in a case of the United States, like many times, constitutional changes and the structure changes are managed by legal bodies, like for example, the acceptance of gay marriage as it was evolving, Like once the Supreme Court in the US said that, you know, it's according to the US Constitution.
Speaker 3: Is not allowed to have gay marriage.
Speaker 2: Then they were saying, after a couple generations that every state can decide freely whether they have and then they said that it's mandatory to provide it according to the same text. So if you have a system like this, then you give enormous power to the different legal bodies in a parliamentary system. If they have the supermajority, the legal bodies can do not more. But there is still and there has to be a constitutional culture and an environment where you simply don't do things because it's wrong, it's not allowed to do so, like banning your opponents to be erected by the people. If they want to do so, it's unacceptable. And even if you can do it legally, it undermines your legitimacy and undermines your previous decisions. So sooner or later we will reach a point where where the Hungarian people will say, look, this is not we voted for.
Speaker 3: This is not what we allow to happen.
Speaker 2: Even if you can do it, and there is no constitutional body which can stop you, it's not possible. And if you go further to that direction, then it can backfire, probably not immediately, but one or two years time.
Speaker 3: So this is what I'm hoping for.
Speaker 2: It's a different structure now, the Hungarian constitutional.
Speaker 3: Culture is before is before a test. We will see the result.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think what you're saying is that the remedy comes from the people themselves. In other words, that if there is a violation so egregious, it will be perceived by the people as an abuse of power. And so when the people do get their say, they're going to be able to speak out against it and vote against it. If this is what the new government does, well, thank you Balasha orban thank you for joining me. I really appreciate it. Very eye opening and somewhat disturbing picture of what is happening in your country.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. I appreciate guys.
Speaker 1: I want to announce I have a new book coming out in the fall. I'm very excited about. It's called The Stones cry Out subtitle Biblical Archaeology, Prophecy and the Last Days. The book outlines the greatest discoveries in Biblical archaeology that affirm the Bible, confirm the presence of the Jews in the Holy Land, and also support the twin foundations of Western civilization, which are Athens and Jerusalem. The Stones cry Out has rave reviews from archaeologists, from leading pastors, and from prominent commentators of The book, published by Charisma Books, is available now for pre orders on Amazon. So I'm calling a new early birds to order your copies now. You'll be the first to get it when it's out.