Speaker 1: The voice of free speech, the truth delivered, common sense for the American people. Welcome to the Scott Jennings Show.
Speaker 2: Treasury Secretary Scott Bessant says the United States is launching Economic d Day designed to further isolate the Iranian regime and to punish countries that continue doing business with it. Press conference underway right now in Washington will bring you the audio from Bessant as soon as we have it. The Trump Administration's fight against drug cartels continues as the US military has destroyed a suspected drug smuggling vessel in the Eastern Pacific. Two are killed in that attack, and democratic infighting continues as House Democrat Leader Hakim Jeffries is facing intense criticism from within his own party after privately meeting with Jared Kushner. The two met to discuss possible bipartisan cooperation on housing, affordability and immigration, but some Democrats are none too pleased with Jeffreys over this meeting. It is Monday, August twenty fourth. I'm Scott Jennings broadcasting for Salem.
Speaker 3: Men.
Speaker 2: Were coming to you live from Louisville, Kentucky today on this day in eighteen fourteen, the British army was marching towards Washington. American forces had collapsed at Bladensburg. President James Madison fled the Capitol and at the White House. First Lady Dolly Madison was being urged to leave before the enemy arrived, but she refused to go until one national treasure was secured, Gilbert Stewart's full length portrait of George Washington.
Speaker 4: The enormous painting was fastened to the wall.
Speaker 2: There was no time to carefully unscrew it, so at Dolly Madison's direction, White House workers broke the frame, removed the canvas, and carried President Washington to safety, and only then did Dolly Madison escape. Hours later, British troops entered the President's house, ate the food that had been left behind, and set the building ablaze. They also burned the Capitol and other government buildings. Washington was in flames, but the portrait of the man who had defeated the British and ultimately created the presidency did survive. Dolly Madison saved George Washington in the War of eighteen twelve. On this day, August twenty fourth, eighteen fourteen, that painting, by the way hangs at the National Portrait Gallery in Washington. Always nice to stop by and see mister Washington and the other presidents when I'm in DC, one of my favorite museums. In other news this hour, as I mentioned Scott Bezen announcing what he calls Economic d Day for Iran. Bessett describes it as the single greatest financial offensive ever marshaled against an American adversary. And I believe this announcement may confirm something that many in our political class refuse to acknowledge. The United States has won the war against Iran. Wars are one when one side achieves its strategic objectives and the other loses the ability to achieve its own. Iran entered this war with four great pillars of strength. It's nuclear program, its missiles and drones, its regional terror network, and its ability to hold the world economy hostage through the strait of war moves. Every one of those pillars has been severely damaged or outright destroyed. But Democratic Senator Chris Murphy Democratic Senator Chris Murphy sees it differently. Listen to him on Meet the Press this weekend. Cut seven.
Speaker 5: Donald Trump has lost this war. America is weaker, Iran is stronger. The price to reopen the strait increases by the day.
Speaker 2: Even though Iran has lost the war, they haven't lost their public relations agency. I see listen to ha Kiem Jeffreys cut number eight.
Speaker 6: Donald Chaupen Republicans have plunged America into a reckless and costly war of choice that has been a disaster. There has been few cases in our lifetime where a president started a foreign policy endeavor that has been such a colossal failure.
Speaker 2: Democratic Party, it seems, is unified in its desire for the American people to believe that we have lost this war, even though it's clear the opposite is true. Has Iran built a nuclear weapon No, and they couldn't build one for decades based on the destruction wrought by the United States and Israel. Has Iran defeated the United States military? No, quite the opposite. The Navy is fully sunk, The army is decimated. Has it driven the United States Navy out of the Strait of Hormuz?
Speaker 4: No, our ships travel at will.
Speaker 2: Is Iran able to stop oil from moving in and out of the strait?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: In fact, millions of barrels of oil are transiting the Strait of Hormos every day more and more every day. In fact, the Iranian military has been devastated, its missile and drone attacks have dramatically declined, its economy is disintegrating, and its neighbors are aligning against it. Yet Chris Murphy and a Keen Jeffreys, and Corey Booker and virtually every other Democrat wants you to believe that America has lost. This is what Trump hatred has done to the Democratic Party. If Trump succeeds, it's something anything, then Democrats lose politically. So if America wins, Trump receives the credit, so they minimize every American excess success, They exaggerate every setback, and they declare defeat while our enemy is barely able to survive. There's nothing wrong with questioning a war or debating its costs and tactics. But there is something deeply wrong with allowing partisan hatred to make you so emotionally invested in American failure, especially when that leads you to openly lie to the American people about what's actually going on here. Let's look at the balance sheet. Iran spent decades and billions of dollars building, underground missile sites, drone factories, naval shipyards, air defenses, revolutionary guard installations. The United States military has systematically took it all apart. The Pentagon said months ago that Iranian missile and drone attacks had fallen by more than ninety percent, and that more than two thirds of Iran's missile, drone and naval production facilities and shipyards had been damaged or destroyed. Now, Iran may still possess the ability to lash out a wounded animal, after all, does remain dangerous, but it no longer possesses the military power it claimed to have before the war began, and they no longer possess the ability to make a nuclear bomb. Iran may retain nuclear knowledge, but knowledge is different than making a bomb. A bomb requires facilities, machinery, material protection, and delivery systems. America has demonstrated that whenever Iran attempts to assemble those pieces, we can find them, reach them, and destroy them, and that will be true forever. That's what we call deterrence, and it's also what we should be calling victory. The strait of horror moves. This was supposed to be Iran's ultimate weapon. Tehran believed it could close the straight choke off the world's energy supply and force America to retreat. And in fact, that's what the Democrats wanted, full retreat. But what's the situation today? Oil is moving. Tankers are crossing through a system coated and protected by the US Navy. Iran tried to close the world's oil highway, but the United States Navy punched a lane right through it and found other ways to get oil out of the region. And now comes Economic d Day today from Scott Bessen. The administration is dramatically expanding secondary sanctions and what that means in plain English is that any foreign bank, refinery, shipping company, or government helping Iran sell oil or move money will face a choice. You can do business with Iran or you can do business with the United States, but you cannot do both. China purchases more than eighty percent of Iran's shipped oil, so this message is aimed directly at Beijing and at anyone else who is financing the Iranian regime. The pressure is working, and the Iranian currency has fallen beyond two million to one American dollar. Iran's economy is projected to shrink by more than five percent this year. Prices for basic food or soaring. The American naval blockade is strangling the oil revenue that Iran uses to finance it's terrorism and terrorist proxies. This is the strategic position that Trump has created.
Speaker 4: And all that's left.
Speaker 2: All that's left is for our president to come to the American people and say we've won, declare victory. And I suspect you're going to see that sooner rather than later. When it comes to supplements, Dear listeners, I'd like to ask you a couple of questions. Do these things work? And can you trust it? I ask you those because that's what you're asking yourself when you hear advertisements for these things. Rather than just answer those questions for you about Relief Factor, I thought, let's let our customers do the talking.
Speaker 4: I get stories every day.
Speaker 2: Mark, in fact, is a retired pastor who was looking forward to working in his wood shop and riding his motors in his retirement, but his aches and pains were keeping him down until his daughter, Kayley, who works with me, told him about relief Factor and she ordered Mark some Now he's working in the woodshop. He's going for long motorcycle rides, and he's doing it all pain free, all because he trusted my recommendation that relief Factor can work for you. Now, who else out there will take my word for it? Perhaps you will? Perhaps you will order three weeks of relief Factor for seventeen dollars and seventy six cents. Go to relief Factor dot com or call one eight hundred and four. Relief Our friendly team will get you hooked up with relief Factor and maybe we'll get your story very soon.
Speaker 4: More news after this, It's Scott Jennings on Salem.
Speaker 1: Stay with us, the man who made CNN safe for conservatives again. Here's Scott Jennings.
Speaker 2: Monday, August the twenty fourth, Common Sense for the American People. Scott Jennings is here on Salem, joining us now. Elizabeth Pipco, former GOP national spokeswoman and Trump campaign official, also an author and outspoken activist on Behalf of the Jewish People. She's also the founder of Lest People Forget, a digital initiative dedicated to preserving Holocaust history and combating anti Semitism. MS Pipco, Welcome back to the Scott Jennings Show.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having me. Good to see you.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad to see you, glad to hear your voice. I want to get your thoughts on what's going on up in Michigan to me. And you've been outspoken in your fight against anti Semitism in our politics, and you've also been outspoken in your warnings about socialism. But to me, the greatest convergence of these things is happening in that Senate race up in Michigan. The Democrat is Abdul l Sayed and the Republican there is Mike Rogers. But when you consider what Abdul l Sied has said, what his campaign surrogates are saying every day, the fact that the Michigan Attorney General, a Jewish Democrat herself, is feeling so unsafe that she can't go to the Democratic convention up there. I'm just curious, Elizabeth, about your thoughts and feelings on what's going on in Michigan. To me, this is the battle line on these two issues. What say you about the stakes of the race in Michigan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I think, fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, the fact that we're here and having this conversation kind of proves just how much these two issues go together. Right, Those who hate Jews and hate Israel, despite Israel being one of our closest allies, also very often find themselves on the side with those who hate America. It's blatantly obvious, and it happens time and time again. But I don't know if there is a case as clear and blatant as El sa Ed in Michigan as this people speaking for his campaign, those he refuses to distance himself from the common that he has made, despite every single person that's already endorsed him standing by him. I don't see there being anything he could possibly do or say right now that would cause anyone to, you know, kind of withhold an endorsement. I think someone like Bernie Sanders going out saying he supports him, then Elsayad going out and saying he's actually a capitalist, and then saying he wants to take things further than Bernie does when it comes to socialism, proofs that words, unfortunately don't matter anymore. They don't even know what they're saying anymore. They changed their mind to daily, and yet what they don't change their mind on is standing with folks like Hassan Piker who say we deserved nine to eleven. So I have warned people for years. I've had the privilege of getting to understand this problem because I come from a family of immigrants. Both my parents fled the Soviet Union. I was told about anti Semitism almost at the same level that I was warned about socialism and communism by my parents and grandparents. And to see folks in our country really proudly taking on all of these beliefs and these policy proposals and winning these primaries is very, very scary, especially for a party that you know, was the party of JFK that my parents became, you know, proud members of when they came to this country. And seeing it happen is incredibly scary. But ironically, it's exactly what my grandfather warned me about for many, many years.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth Pipco, former national spokesperson for the Republican Party and for the Trump campaign, is our guest here on the Scott Jetting Show. Elizabeth, I am curious about your reaction to how the Democrats are treating Natalie Harp. I've talked a lot about this on the show and on CNN the last several days, but you know, you as an accomplished female political operative who rose up in the ranks of the Republican Party. When you see Democrats dragging Natalie Harp's name through the mud, punching down on someone who's not a famous person, who's not a household name, and clearly communicating this sexism and misogyny, do you think voters are going to be repulsed by this? I certainly hope they see what's going on here. What do you think, you know?
Speaker 7: I hope so. I think those that are undecided tho in the middle certainly would be. Unfortunately, I think we're so polarized. I don't know how large that percentage of American voters actually is at this point. But Natalie is a friend. She's a wonderful person. She is someone who has never sought the limelight in any way, shape or form. She just wants to serve the president and this country. To see the attacks is not surprising to see the lack of people having the courage to go out and say, hey, this is wrong. We can hate Donald Trump, or we can't treat the staffers this way. Again, it's to be expected at this point in time, but we noticed this back in twenty sixteen. People have always been really really nasty during primaries during election cycles to the candidates, but they've never attacked their families, their staffers, and their supporters as they do and have for ten years with President Trump. Everyone excuses it, but Natalie doesn't deserve it. None of us deserve it. Very similar comments. Let's say I've been made about me and it hurt me, and it hurts me to watch Natalie go through it. I know she's tough enough to deal with it, but I would hope there are enough You ask me the number of people. I'm hoping there are enough people that realize that they're repulsed by this and that no amount of hatred for Donald Trump excuse us as kind of behavior.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: When you begin to be totally consumed by hate the way the president's enemies are exactly, you can really get off the rails in a hurry. I think that's what's happening here with Harp and the Party of Women has lost its way. Elizabeth Pipcoh, thanks for joining us here on the Scott Jennings Show. Grateful for your insights today. We have to take a break when we come back. Brent Sadler from the Heritage Foundation is here. He's our naval blockade expert. We're going to talk more about Iran and have some audio from Scott Besson right after this.
Speaker 1: The very definition I've never backed down. Here's Scott Jennings.
Speaker 2: In about thirty seconds, we're gonna get to our friend Brent Sadler from the Heritage Foundation.
Speaker 4: You've heard Brent.
Speaker 2: He's our expert on naval warfare and this naval blockade that is going on, and I want to get him to react to this as promised. Here's some audio from our Treasury Secretary Scott Besson, who has launched today what he is calling Economic d Day for Iran. This is a set of crippling sanctions designed to really put the proverbial boot on the throat of the Iranian terror regimes. Here is Scott Besson and cut number twelve.
Speaker 6: Nation economic outcasts to foreclose every other option available to the Iranian regime. Treasury has mapped every node, every facilitator, and every network that Iran has used to smuggle oil and evade sanctions. Beginning today, the actions of Treasury and other agencies will tighten the noose and block every potential source of revenue that funds the IRGC and the evil Iranian regime. We are enforcing a zero leakage approach. There will be no minimal breathing space for the regime to rebuild this capacity to inflict terror against America and the world. The final refuge of this regime is a mistaken conclusion of nations that still finance the Iranian threat in the hopes of evading it.
Speaker 2: All right, that was Scott Bessant just moments ago announcing these new sanctions against Iran. Let's bring Brent Sadler in here from the Heritage Foundation. Brent, welcome back to the Scott Jennings Show. You are a research fellow for Naval Warfare and Advanced Technology at the Heritage Foundation. Twenty six years in the Navy, you had operational assignments aboard nuclear powered subs, and you worked on the staff over at the Pentagon of its most senior officials. Brent, when you hear Scott Bessant today and when you look at the news over the weekend that basically Iran has lost control of the Strait of Horror moves, what does this tell you about where we stand in this war against Iran?
Speaker 8: Thanks for having me back on I mean, clearly militarily, the United States has won this fight quite a long time ago. It's really you know, inaction or to kind of acquiesce that we could lose all of the hard fought advantages and putting this terroristic regime in perhaps the weakest place it's ever been since its revolution in nineteen seventy nine. The economic tools that are being brought to bear, there's a kinetic element to it that I think kind of gets not really mentioned enough, and that is the target of these economic d day is going to be breaking down the networks, the finance networks, of course, which includes people moving some very insanity characters, moving suitcases of cash and interdicting that as well as keeping those that are benefiting and maybe moving liquid finances through global finance markets to be able to benefit by facilitating even at the higher level the trade and energy in particular with this regime. So it's going to have to be comprehensive, and it's going to get dirty and a level that we haven't really seen or associated with the word economic sanctions in the past.
Speaker 2: This appears, I think you're right to go well beyond what we normally think of as sanctions and in fact, if you listen carefully to Bessent there, it sounds like they have basically tracked down every possible source of funding for Iran and in fact, they leave no stone unturned here.
Speaker 4: Let's listen to bess In here.
Speaker 2: About what he's expecting this week on that very front, Cut thirteen, and.
Speaker 6: I would expect that you will see a major announcement of a financial institution being sanctioned by the end of this week.
Speaker 2: So brand it sounds like the US government is at the point where they're saying to the rest of the world, either with us or you with the Iranians, and we're not going to tolerate anybody out there who's trying to go behind our backs or play both sides of that.
Speaker 8: Is that what you hear, I think something very close to that, if nothing else, is a very principled approach. It's like, if you continue with your activities that are in the dark a, we're going to bring it out to the public to see to the world, and we're also going to start to go after and make it, you know, a detriment or a liability for you to continue doing this activity. So I'm pretty sure the Secretary knows and has a list more than one of institutions that are on the list, and that includes, you know, not just financial institutions. Might it could be shipping firms, It could be those that are ensuring those those shipping interests to move Iranian petroleum. But it's not just petroleum, of course, it's at risk here.
Speaker 2: Brent Sadler from the Heritage Foundation is our guest. Brent, let's talk about the naval blockade for a moment. You know, for weeks we were told by Democrats that we had lost the war because Iran had taken control of the Strait of Horror Moves. There was no oil flowing, we had no capacity to do anything about it. Fast forward just a few weeks and there's headlines now even in CNN that say Iran has lost control of the Strait of Horror Moves. We've seen millions of barrels of oil flowing, and so it's like this sort of last ditch effort by the Iranians to have any leverage here. The Strait of Hormuz is gone. It's evaporated for them, and it's in large part because of the US Navy.
Speaker 4: How did we do it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so there's a couple of things. I mean, again where we are right now, there's a military element, and that's sinking the Iranian Navy degrading significantly any of their missile forces and drone forces to threaten shipping in the straight oh hor moves. But it's not zero. I mean they're relying on a terror campaign to try to get inside the mind of the shippers and the captains of these ships so that they don't make the transit. It still is lethal. You had two sailors that died in the last week trying to make that transit. But more and more ships are passing through. But also importantly, and this is an important point, that this is a fight for the US to lose really by our own actions. The oil markets have adjusted in a way they're not going to go back to one. Petroleum is moving through pipes, the East West Pipeline across from the Persian Gulf to the Red Sea in Saudi Arabia. There's pipeline at max capacity in UAE that is now moving well over a majority of the crude oil over pipelines, and more of that is coming. It's going to take time, of course, to build the pipelines. A big question is you know LNG, which there is no pipeline for that, but that's really for countries like South Kreen and Japan to kind of have to deal with because they rely on that. But the key point of this is the markets are moving to American advantage. The OPEK, which has been really still trying to suppress production, you had it break apart. Now you have UAE that departed in May first, and so the steams of what has not been you know, an oil cartel that really has American interest to one now where American energy production is going to be the strategic lever that the world spends on. And that's good for American security, it's good for American prosperity too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I hear Democrats Brent say that we've lost war, this was a blunder. There was no plan, So I hear this. These are political talking points. And now we see though how everything was working together. US military campaign was overwhelmingly successful, naval blockade overwhelmingly successful. Now we have this sort of final blow against the Iranians, these crippling next level economic sanctions. It's obvious to anybody who's paying attention and isn't broken brain by their own partisanship that yes there was a plan, and yes there is a way to bring about the end of this war to not just America's advantage, but to the advantage of.
Speaker 4: The rest of the civilized world. Is that how you see it?
Speaker 8: Absolutely? I mean, there's a couple ways to go about fighting this. For the President has chosen to take his time about it because he has all the advantages. I mean, the military threat is significant reduced from the Iranians. If you wanted to kind of march in and dictate terms, that's putting boots on the ground, and that's not something that anyone's really he really entertaining, nor is it necessary to get to a better place. So let time play out. The economic pressure and the military pressures have to be maintained, of course, hand in hand. But time is actually on the United States' side. It's certainly not on the Chinese side in this. And I think the regime in Tehran is you know, by the time they realize the game is up for them, it'll be too late and you'll start to see a fracturing of the regime very quickly.
Speaker 2: That's Brent Sadler from the Heritage Foundation Naval Warfare exper here on the Scott Jennings Show. We got a little more from Scott Besson's press conference which just ended a few minutes ago. Here's the Secretary of the Treasury cut fifteen.
Speaker 9: Any of those institutions targeted here, is that something that is coming in this campaign, or is the very delicate trade truce with China something that could prohibit you from, you know, going that far and taking that very big step.
Speaker 6: We want to make clear to here today that no one is above the reach of US sanctions, that if they facilitate transactions and are part of the ecosystem that turns Iranian oil into money into repression, they will be targeted. We find that the best way to engage with countries is through quiet diplomacy, and we are level setting with every country to tell them our expectations. We know who they are, They know who they are, so when the hammer of US Treasury actions falls upon them, they will have no one to blame but themselves. Richard from CBS Brent.
Speaker 2: When I hear a Scott Bessont talking today, I hear American resolve. And that is a real difference in attitude here, isn't it between the two Trump administration, which I think you correctly pointed out they've exhibited patients and resolve versus the manic, frantic handwringing anti American hyperpartisan democrats who want to declare American defeat for political reasons. I hear resolve versus manic frantic politics.
Speaker 4: How do you see it?
Speaker 8: I see it the same way. It's gonna take It's gonna take time to play out. I don't think it's going to be many months to play out. The economic Uh, you know, this economic campaign to force it starting at least a collapse of this regime at least in part. It's going to happen fairly quickly. We'll know if this course of action is the right one, I think, certainly before the midterm elections. Now, the other thing that's you know, the rubber is going to meet the road. Here is the China element.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 8: There's a lot riding the summit in September. So how much resolved there is that the administration has on holding Chinese entities and some of those are of course government entities. An agent sies to account. It's going to be the real test of this. And one of the key things is the United States and this quiet diplomacy providing avenues for the Chinese to find to meet their energy needs elsewhere. And that's on the tune of several million barrels of petroleum a day and untold amounts of LNG that they have to find other markets, ideally that be the United States. But that quiet diplomacy can make sure that they have an off ramp while we continue to wield the economic hammer over their head by not complying, and they're going to try to cheat, of course, at the same time.
Speaker 4: One more cut from Scott Vessant, let's hear cut fourteen.
Speaker 6: Devote themselves to death to America and seek nuclear weapons to do just that. They have murdered and maimed more of our citizens and service members than any other terrorist regime on Earth. And they have been at war against America, their neighbors in the Gulf, and much of the world for forty seven years. President Trump has taken action that his predecessors have long deferred, and under his leadership, America is no longer managing the Iranian threat. We are ending it.
Speaker 2: There you have it from Scott Bessett, Brent Sadler, Thanks for coming by. We'll have you back in soon to continue to further cover the victory of the Americans in Iran quick note about a documentary that is coming out that I think you're gonna want to hear. If you love Charlie Kirk, and we did love Charlie, he was our friend, you need to watch this documentary called Can You Hear Me Now? You can get it and pre order it by going to can You Hear Me Now? Film dot com? Sorry, can you Hear Me Now? Film dot com or go to Salem Now dot com. Either way get the film. But Charlie sat down for an interview just a couple of weeks before he was assassinated, and it turned into this documentary and it's sort of wrestling over questions of faith and history and what's going on in our world today. If you love Charlie, I highly recommend you check out this documentary. Can You Hear Me Now? Go to Salemnow dot com. More news after this, it's Scott Jennings on Salem, Stay.
Speaker 1: With Us Saving Western Civilization, One busted leftist narrative at a time. It's the Scott Jenny Show.
Speaker 2: Coming up in thirty seconds, we bring you an interesting update to this China birth tourism story that we've been covering. It seems that President Trump's actions on this are working. First though, I'd like to say to you that for nearly two hundred and fifty years, America's founding principles have given people the freedom to dream big and take risks and build something of their own, and that that spirit is alive at Americans Small Business today. This month, our friends at Americans for Prosperity are celebrating the entrepreneurs who took a chance, who overcame the odds and created jobs. Because sometimes it all starts with one small step. You can nominate the entrepreneurs who are pursuing the American dream by visiting this website America Buildsfreedom dot com. That's America Buildsfreedom dot Com. That's campaign courtesy of our friends at Americans for Prosperity. And if I may say, I was with AFP out in Des Moines, Iowa this weekend. Thousands of people gathered up in Des Moines to talk about entrepreneurship in the spirit of America here at America two fifteen. It was a wonderful time and saw all of our friends out there. So thanks for that invitation. Next guest here is senior contributor at the Federalist and she has some reporting about actions being taken by the Trump administration to curb the rise of birth tourism. Her name is Helen Raleigh, making her inaugural appearance on the Scott Jennings Show. Helen, Welcome, Inn. Tell us what you found out about how the Trump people are cracking down successfully on birth tourism.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me, Scott. I'm a big fan. So President the Trump recently signed an executive order banning the cracking down our burst tourism, and as a as a result, the State Department also set up a task force Scott, the State Department has successfully revoked six hundred tourists di visas suspect of UH. You know, the primary goal was a burst tourism, and those actions really already have a deterrence effect. So on Chinese social media, women's pregnant women's or intended to pregnant women's are exchange messages about UH. Some women's previous to travel to US to give births, and now the tourists divisa being application being rejected and some of them actually were turned away at the border UH by the Custom officers, and so there were a lot of uncertainty and anxiety and their discussions about some women's are thinking about changing their plan to come to you as just for the goal to give birds have their children obtain US citizenship. So there's definitely those actions by the Trump administration is working. Yeah.
Speaker 2: According to your reporting, Helen, the State Department has already revoked more than six hundred visas worldwide as part of this effort. And so what you're telling us is that the President communicated I'm not putting up with this anymore. His administration took concrete actions, and now the word on the street in China is we can't get away from we can't get away with this anymore. So basically the actions are working, but also the news is spreading on the ground in China.
Speaker 3: Is that right? Yes, basically believe it or not, Scott, if you inforced existing law, actually you will deter you know, unlawful behaviors. So imagine not against the law to yeah, exactly right. It's not against the law to give burst about you United States, but it is stated in US law it is against the US immigration law that if you apply for tourists with specific purpose to come to us to give burst that is always against the law, and with a little bit of enforcement, and that deter is the fact is very obvious.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: The writer is Helen Raleigh, and I would recommend you check her out at the Federalists the Federalist dot com. Her latest headline is Chinese social media chatter indicates Trump's birth tourism crackdown is starting to work. Helen, I'm really grateful that you wrote this piece because oftentimes, you know, our government announces things and we hear it and we say, oh, that sounds like a good idea, But how many times do we ever say, well, what happened with And in this case, you followed up on it and you found out.
Speaker 4: That visas are being revoked.
Speaker 2: You have people who were trying to violate our laws being turned away at the border. And because of all these actions, the word is out on Chinese social media. The United States isn't playing this game anymore. They mean what they say that they're not going to put up with this birth tourism in the crackdown is working. Helen Raleigh, thanks for coming on the show. We look forward to having you again.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, that was Helen Raleigh from the Federal I love it when we get new writers Hollywood. Sean Helen making her debut here with a great story. We'll have Helen back. And we're always grateful for the journalists out there bringing good information to the American people.
Speaker 4: More news after this.
Speaker 2: Stay with us portion of this God Jedi Show our sponsored in part by Americans for Prosperity. All right, welcome back to common Sense for the American people. Quick check at the headlines here on Monday, August the twenty fourth, let's check in on the Texas Senate race. James tall Rico, the Democrat candidate there, doesn't just hate poll watchers. He hates voter ID. Voter ID, he says, he hates it. Let's listen to some new video just into the show. Cut number ten.
Speaker 10: In that voter suppression bill, still an immoral, anti American, anti Democratic bill, one that I hate with every fiber of my being. But I knew that my job as a member of the minority is to do harm mitigation, and so by coming back, we were able to remove some of the worst parts to the bill, the ban on souls to the polls, the provisions that would make it easier to overturn the election, taking some of these federal penalties, these felony penalties, and bringing them down to misdemeanors, requiring that these poll watchers, who I don't think should be in the polling place at all, but if they're going to be there, we were able to ensure that they at least have mandated election code training so that they don't have an excuse of saying they didn't know the election code before they violate.
Speaker 2: James Tallericoke, a Democrat candidate for Senate down in Texas, says he hates voter ID with every fiber of his being. Murder trial of Lendsey Clancy has become a national debate over things like postpartum psychosis, prescription drugs, and criminal responsibility. Amid that debate, some people are reminding us that we can never forget these three young victims in this case. Let's go over the core event. It happened January twenty fourth, twenty twenty three and Duxbury, Massachusetts. The victims here a five year old Cora, a three year old dawson, and an eight month old Callen. Lendsy Clancy strangled the children using exercise bands while her husband was out of the house picking up takeout. She then slashed her own wrists and neck and jumped out of a second story window in a suicide attempt. She survived that fall, but it left her paralyzed from the chest down. Clancy has pleaded not guilty. Her defense does not just that she killed the children, but the central question of the trial is her state of mind. Defense arguing she is not guilty by reason of insanity. The prosecution argues she is fully fully responsible for first degree murder. They contend she acted rationally, deliberately and methodically tricking her husband into leaving the house to carry out a planned act because she wanted to escape her life. So what's going on with the trial right now? The defense recently rested its case after weeks of emotional testimony for medical experts, family members, and the husband, Patrick Clancy, and the trial is nearing its final stages with closing arguments. To discuss all of this, as our friend Lilah Rose, the founder and president of Live Action, a national pro life organization, Lila, welcome back into the Scott Jennings Show.
Speaker 4: We have not covered this trial on the show. Lila.
Speaker 2: I've been watching the national discourse unfold. But I'm curious, how do you see things with this Clancy murder trial.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Scott, thank you for having me on. You know, it's such a devastating case, and that's why it's captured the attention of really all of America and beyond. And you have millions of American mothers, especially tuning in. And there's a real harsh divide in how people are responding to this case, and understandably so. On the one hand, you have people who say this is completely unconscionable, that this was done, This is barbaric acts against children. You know, strangulation of little ones takes multiple minutes. It's a very they say, intimate act of violence. She would have had to have been, you know, operating consistently to accomplish the act in such a horrific way to strangle a child one by one, three one after the next, and that, of course she needs to be held criminally responsible for these you know, unthinkable actions. And then there's another party. Right now we're seeing actually protests outside the court. How right now, women standing there saying basically we are lindsay too, you have you know, the TikTok internet salutes and Mama sluts online saying that no, Lindsay's not culpable whatsoever. She's a victim of the medical system who failed her care with her postpart of depression, impossible psychosis, and she should not be held liable whatsoever, even blaming her husband, or blaming the medical establishment, or blaming others. And you know what this case really tells me. You know, we'll find out this week. Likely the jury will be determining, you know what, they're where they're stand in the next few days. But what I think this case really shows is increasingly an adult centric culture where we do not take the suffering of children seriously enough. And you know, my background leading Live Action is fighting abortion, advocating for life. You have a million abortions every year, a million American women choosing abortion, and they think it's altruistic. Many of them they think they're ending the lives of their child, their unborn children, for good reason, that this child wouldn't have had a good life. Lindsay explicitly told multiple professionals and others after the slayings that she thought that this was best for them. I mean, this was kind of her rationale because she was not going to be able to be there for them because she was going to commit suicide. And so there's a term called altruistic philicide that's being used. But at the heart of it is a narcissistic view that we as mothers or parents have total control over our children and can decide their fates, kill them if we please, in even their best interests. And that's the narrative that concerns me the most. Scott and what I have authored a our essay on this that's been making the rounds. When we put the suffering of adults over the suffering of children as more important, we ignore the chaos that we're creating for children, and even the murder of children, and we say, oh, the mother's a perpetual victim, and it's understandable that she did this, And I think that is a mistake. And so my position is that it's devastating. Women need support. Postpartum depression is real, that's all true, But we cannot forget the number one victim in this case. It's not Lindsay, it's Cora, Dolphin and Colin, and they should be here today and their lives mattered and they need justice.
Speaker 2: Llila, is it your view that this culture of a callousness or an indifference to life that has you know, populated our culture in the United States and really in other cultures around the world, and it's sort of the culture of abortion. Is that what led to this situation that we're in today where people just seem to want to think it's okay to devalue or disregard the lives of young children. I mean, it stands to reason if you don't think a baby at seven, eight or nine months should be that shouldn't be considered valuable life, why would you consider children, you know, just on the other side of those numbers to be valuable. Do you see the connection between sort of this culture of anti life people and how they're reacting to this Clancy murder trial?
Speaker 11: Yes, I do, and I think you can absolutely have compassion for women and mothers and acknowledged postpartum depression is real. Lindsay Clancy clearly had a number of, you know, mental health issues, but mental health issues which unfortunately, you know, it's a fourth to well third of mothers today are taking some sort of anti psychiatric drug or some other drug to address mental health or anxiety. That's become all the norm today, But that doesn't take away moral responsibility, and that doesn't mean that then the mother is the victim, even to the point where she may take the life of the children, but she's still the victim and the one that deserves the empathy and the sympathy, and the children are just sort of the collateral, you know, for her mental illness. Like, we need to still assert that moral responsibility exists for parents even when the parents may be struggling, which at some point every parent is going to struggle, right, so we need to come up with good solutions for mothers, better postpartum care. I think we need to hold back on the over prescription of antipsychotic medications. Unfortunately, the current medical system does, I believe, over prescribe these anti psychotic drugs. I mean, Joseph wit Dooring is a wonderful psychiatrist, and he works with the Taper Clinic to try to get people off these meds because they can have terrible side effects that can be very destructive. All of that is true, But what is also true and very important and often missed I think in the coverage of this case and the response for many unfortunately women even is that those little children should be here, and they were murdered intentionally and methodically. And despite the medical challenges the mother was facing, she had never been diagnosed with psychosis. She was never diagnosed. But that wasn't like she was constantly hearing voices and reporting that. The first time she reported hearing voices, Lindsay plancy of reported hearing voices was after the slayings of her children and it was kind of an excuse to her husband for why she did this unthinkable act. So all to say is these children deserve justice and mothers need helpful things are true.
Speaker 2: Lyla Rose is the founder and president of the life organization called Live Action. She's the host of the Lyla Rose Show. She's been closely following the case. Lylah, thanks for your reporting on this today. I guess in the next few days we'll see how this turns out and what the jury decides to do with it. We're going to take a break. More news when we come back, including a little more audio from Scott Bessant cracking down on IRAN today.
Speaker 4: Right after this, stay with the.
Speaker 1: Voice of reason, common sense for the American people. This is the Scott Jenny.
Speaker 2: Show, all Right, Monday, August It's twenty fourth. Tracking some breaking news today here on the Scott Jenny Show. The Treasury Secretary Scott Bessant has launched crippling, crippling sanctions against the Iranian regime and any countries and entities that do business with Iran. This is an attempt to bring the country fully to heal absent renewed military strikes. So this plan, Scott best is calling economic d Day. This will ratchet up pressure on the Iranian regime to come back to the table and make a deal. These secondary sanctions essentially they're tracking.
Speaker 4: Every dollar all over the world.
Speaker 2: And Scott Besson says, let there be no ambiguity as to the position of the United States, and economic engagement of any kind with this murderous regime will expose those responsible to the full reach of American power. No one is above this. This is economic asphyxiation of this regime, and no one should test our resolve. Let's hear more from Scott Besson and cut sixteen.
Speaker 6: Aron Nelfaous is a very clear choice with only two paths before them, complete global isolation and a subsistenced economy, or a path back to normalcy with an opportunity to rejoin the global economy. Today, we're launching Operation Economic Outcasts to foreclose every other option available to the Iranian regime. Treasury has mapped every node, every facilitator, and every network that Iran has used to smuggle oil and evade sanctions. Beginning today, the actions of Treasury and other agencies will tighten the noose and block every potential source of revenue that funds the IRGC and the evil Iranian regime. We're enforcing a zero leakage approach. There will be no minimal breathing space for the regime to rebuild this capacity to inflict terror against America and the world.
Speaker 2: Really an announcement of resolve and upgraded enforcement from Scott Vessent today. There's already a lot of sanctions on Iran, but they've really, in some ways only been partially enforced. And what the United States is going to have to do here is mobilize all of its Western allies to form effectively a coalition to fully enforce all these sanctions now.
Speaker 4: In order to do this.
Speaker 2: In order to do this, the Trump administration is going to have to talk to, or confront, or cajole or threaten countries like China, Russia, India, Pakistan, Cutter Turkey and others who still trade with Iran. We haven't done that so far, but that would be the next step. If you fully want to choke off the Iranian regime, you'd have to talk to those folks. The state of play here is interesting. The political state of play in the United States is that the war is unpopular, and the Democrats, because of their craven political position, are trying to convince the American people that we've lost the war. In fact, the opposite is true. We've destroyed their military, We've taken away their defense industrial complex, We've set their nuclear program back decades, we sunk their navy. Now we're choking off all of their ability to sell oil and really trade anywhere else. I mean, we have, by all measurements, won this war. We're just waiting for President Trump to come before the American people and formalize it. The Iranian economy is in crisis. As of this morning, the currency in Iran was two million to one US dollar two million to one. This naval blockade of the United States has prevented Iran from exporting its oil that's the life blood of their economy. By the way, this is how they make money. And the US naval blockade has been nothing short of beautiful, of expert and cutting off off Iran's ability to export any oil. And Iran is having a really hard time going around it. You know, if you were in Iran's position, you might say, well, well, maybe find other routes over land or other ways out via water. They can't do it. They can't do it, which then in turn is cutting off their ability to provide basic functions and goods and services to their people. So all of this is happening. That's driving up inflation in Iran, that's driving up food prices. So by any reasonable measurement, we have defeated Iran militarily. We have defeated them diplomatically because we've allied the entire Gulf region against them, we have defeated them economically every possible way you can defeat somebody. We have defeated these people in what Vescent is announcing today, of course, is sort of the last thing you would do to fully run this regime into the ground. Hopefully they see the position they're in and decide I'd like to come back to the table and end this conflict.
Speaker 4: On our terms.
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk about the documentary. You've heard us talking about it here. It's this can You Hear Me Now? Documentary? What makes it special? What makes it special is that Charlie, our friend, Charlie sat down for one of his final interviews, just two weeks before he died, to wrestle with this timeless question does God still Speak Today? And the footage of that interview in the hands of director Matthew Thayer, turned into this film Can You Hear Me Now? You can go to Salemnow dot com Salemnow dot com and pre order the movie. You also get a free DVD if you do it that way. I think that's how I'm gonna do at Hollywood, Sean. I'm going to go to Salemnow dot com and pre order. But I want to see what Charlie had say one of his last interviews. Part of this new documentary can You Hear Me Now? We take a break. Pollster Natalie Jackson on the other sides, David.
Speaker 1: Conversation said stories you simply won't hear from the mainstream media. It's the Scott Jenny.
Speaker 2: Show, Monday, August the twenty fourth. Back in the chair here in Louisville, Hollywood, Sewan. I spent my whole weekend moving around. I flew to Des Moines, Iowa, and appeared at a big event with our friends at Americans for Prosperity.
Speaker 4: I met Enis Canter Freedom.
Speaker 2: By the way, I met the greatest women's basketball player alive, Enus Canter Freedom.
Speaker 4: Nice guy.
Speaker 2: And then I see after he met me, he went off and got thrown out of a WNBA game the other day. Can't take that guy anywhere. Then after that, I got on an airplane and flew back to Washington, d C. Got back there in the middle of the night, woke up Sunday morning. I had to go on and take my beatings on CNN. And while I was doing that, they were getting ready for the Grand Prix and the loudest noises I've ever heard.
Speaker 4: In my life.
Speaker 2: Hollywood sewn these flyovers. They had jets and bombers. These things were as close to the ground as you could possibly be. And I'm there trying to do my television and have a little breakfast in between. The dishes were rattling, the forks were rattling. It's how loud it was, but it sounds like the Grand Prix went off without a hitch and it was a great success for the Freedom two fifty celebrations. So congratulations to Trump and his people for getting that Grand Prix race there in Washington, d C. All right, let's talk about data centers and what is going on with public opinion around data centers. As you know, America's artificial boom is driving a rapid expansion of data centers, but new polling shows growing resistance from communities who worry about things like higher electric bills, water use, and environmental impacts in neighborhoods. Joining us to discuss all of this is thank goodness, somebody who knows what's going on is here. We've been on the air for an hour and a half and finally somebody who knows what's going on is here. Natalie Jackson, the founder of Centerline Research, is here. She's also a columnist for National Journal. Long time, long time polster. Nat, Welcome to the Scott Jennings Show. Welcome back. I should say you wrote a column that you published this morning in the National Journal about these data centers and what's going on with public opinion.
Speaker 4: What can you tell us?
Speaker 12: Well, thanks for having me and thanks for calling me old. There, long time Polstal.
Speaker 1: I'm calling you old.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying you started your career at a young age, and look how far you've come in a very short period of time.
Speaker 13: Anyway, go ahead, sure, sure, sure.
Speaker 12: Now I have been doing this for twenty years, so it's been a while. Data centers have blown up more negatively, more quickly than any one issue I've seen in my career. And I've been watching this for well over a year. You know, I posted on x I actually took a victory lap yesterday because I found the old post where I said in December of last year, this is a sleeper issue for the midterms, and that has played out. People are angry. They don't appreciate having these things coming into their territory without you know, appropriate limits and accommodations from the companies. And you know, part of the picture is that this development really started before there was any public input, and so the reaction has been extremely harsh toward these companies and these data centers because it feels out of control.
Speaker 2: But net I'll play Devil's advocate here against everybody who's engaged in this mass hysteria. We've had data centers in the United States for decades and now everybody's been out of shape about it. Is how much of this, in your opinion, has to do with just the rapid spread of I think foreign Chinese back propaganda online.
Speaker 4: I mean, is that? Where is that? How public opinion changed so rapidly in your opinion? Do you know?
Speaker 14: So?
Speaker 13: There are a few things, you know.
Speaker 12: One of the things that I come back to is I grew up in extreme rural Texas and there was a coal strip mine about half a mile from my house and every time the mind blasted stuff would fall off the walls, you know, like it was just a thing that was part of the landscape of living there. And so you know, I compare that to data centers now, you know, it's a new form of this infrastructure that we need to keep advancing. There are obvious reasons for China to want us to slow down. There is a lot of misinformation that runs around about particularly the water use, the electricity use. You know, I think people don't really know who or what to believe on any of this because you know, it's hard to believe the companies because they are the ones who want to come in.
Speaker 13: And do this.
Speaker 2: The politicians, let me ask you a lot of let me ask you about that issue and that because I think this is part of this is a hypothesis. You tell me if I'm crazy, But I think some of what's going on is that people don't trust the technology companies or the social media companies whatever. So they don't they inherently don't trust or they dislike that. Therefore anything connected to that, or if they say, oh, don't worry, this is good for you, they're just an inherent amount of mistrust there. And so therefore, if you believe a data center is aiding and abetting these companies, I already don't like. I'm gonna I'm going to be against the data centers. Do you do you see that connection to my off base here?
Speaker 13: I do?
Speaker 12: You know, we to make a broader point, people don't trust much of anything these days. You know, the trust a government is very low, Trusting corporations is low, trust in other humans is low. You know, we're just existing in a low trust society, and so people don't trust anyone else to be looking out for them. So that's definitely a piece of it. They're worried about their bills, you know, a big huge chunk of this ties into the affordability debate that we're having around the country. Will their utility rates rise? Will they have their property values affected? You know, all of these monetary things come into play at a time when people are already freaked out about rising costs, you know, and have been for the last you know, six seven years.
Speaker 2: Matt, I saw a pole the other day and people were saying they would rather live next to a coal fired power plant than live next to a data center. Now, for those of us who are here in Kentucky, our eyebrows were raised. We thought, hey, look, opportunity knocks. But but I mean, that's that's where we are with this debate. People want live next to a coal fired power plant. I think they also might have set a nuclear plant more than they wanted to live near a data center.
Speaker 4: So I bring that up to ask you this, based.
Speaker 2: On the data that you've seen, how is it possible to dig out of this public relations hole? And if so, how would you go about it based on what you've seen here.
Speaker 12: So this is one of the big problems with how public opinion is kind.
Speaker 13: Of being reported right now.
Speaker 12: Most people aren't getting beyond everybody hates this, but there is some work that's digging deeper. Echelon Insights did a really interesting poll that they released last week where they said, do you support or oppose.
Speaker 13: A data center?
Speaker 12: And of course most people said no, you know, they oppose it. But then they said, do you support or oppose a data center if they're paying all of their costs, if they're making sure all of the water is taking care of, if they're you know, once you put the conditions on it, and these are the things that people want. You know, you ask people why they're opposed to the data centers, it's the costs, it's this and that. If you put those conditions in the survey question, what Echelon found was that a majority of people would support the data center. So it's really a pathway forward of cooperation between communities and the companies. The complicating factor right now that is kind of preventing that from happening is the election. Politicians running for office right now are responding to the overwhelmingly negative sentiment by you know, let's just stop all of this, So that makes it a lot more urgent and the need for these people running for office to take action right now. I think is stepping on the ability of this cooperation to start building for everyone to move forward. I expect that to get a little bit easier once we get over the election hump, at least until we start talking about twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I think one of the smart things Trump is doing on this is this rate payer protection pledge, This idea that a company building one of these things, they would have to fully bear the cost of their energy needs, their energy infrastructure, so none of this gets passed on. I think that was a pretty good idea. I know there's legislation moving on that. Do you see any data on that when people are described this idea of rate payer protection will make them take care of everything, all the costs as it relates to hooking up to the energy grid.
Speaker 4: Here, I assume that scores well, doesn't it.
Speaker 12: Absolutely? That's exactly what people want. When you ask them why they oppose data centers and what would change their mind, those are the things that they want, you know. They want the data centers and the companies operating them to pay for the upgrades to the electrical grids. They want them to pay for all of the water outlays, any additional electricity that they pull any you know, reasons that the rates might go up, and you know in a lot of places those those things are being set up. You know, in Louisiana there's a data center where Meta has paid for all kinds of upgrades to the schools. They gave teachers like a fifty thousand dollars bonus, and so there are ways for the companies to come in and pay for everything still get the benefit, and that seems to be what a big chunk of the public wants.
Speaker 13: There are some, of course, the final change their minds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my final question for you. I got about thirty seconds here. I read that article too. So you've basically got locations that are able to do things they've never been able to do before, give teachers massive bonuses, upgrade education facilities. I suspect you're going to start seeing reductions and property taxes and other local tax rates out there where you have data centers flowing at a bunch of revenue.
Speaker 4: Does the public accept this?
Speaker 2: If you get that, will they then change their mind based on the data you've seen. I know we've seen a massive shift against it, but if those things come to pass, you think they can shift back based on basic you know, common good type stuff like that.
Speaker 12: It certainly won't move everyone. There are people, there is a small slice. It's you know, fifteen to twenty of people who are just opposed to everything AI.
Speaker 13: They don't want any of it, all right, want the data centers?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: All right, well those are sticks in the mud. Everybody else, be mindful. Natalie Jackson, Centerline, National journal reader stuff.
Speaker 4: We'll take a break and.
Speaker 1: Be right back at scotch any common sense for the American people. This is the Scott Jenny Show.
Speaker 2: All right. We round out the show here on Monday, August twenty fourth with some coverage of what I guess is going to be a trade war with Canada. Last week we told you that President Trump was expressing optimism that a deal was on the horizon with the Canadians, and then all of a sudden Friday, everything fell apart. The White House says the Canadians made a bunch of unreasonable last minute demands and the entire thing collapsed. There's a lot of he said, she said in this but today Scott Vessant tore into Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney. Let's hear that cut seventeen.
Speaker 13: One Canada to become a state.
Speaker 9: He did say that they're getting all the benefits of being a state without being one.
Speaker 6: I think he would like Canada to come to the table and negotiating good faith. They were offering quite a good deal last week they chose to reject it. Unfortunately, Prime Minister Carnate Carney rose to power on an anti American, anti Trump platform. I believe it was more than twenty points behind. And you know, he seems to have gone back to his old playbook. And I think one has to ask oneself, is he trying to benefit himself, the Liberal Party or the Canadian people because they were offered a very good job.
Speaker 2: So yep, all right, so that was best And now I guess Mark Carney, the Prime Minister of Canada, has responded Cut eighteen.
Speaker 14: An attitude at the negotiation table that Canada is a subsidiary of the United States, the Canadian industry is going to be disadvantaged relative to American industry, that we're going to set up terms so that over time Canadian industry is going to face constant headwinds. That's not something we're going to accept. And that's before you get to constraints on our to do what the rest of the world wants, which is to sign trade deals with Canada.
Speaker 2: And finally, Vice President jd Vance, speaking just a little while ago up in Maine, he also had some harsh words for the Canadians, issuing this warning to Carney cut twenty.
Speaker 15: But we know that Canada allows itself to be used as a backdoor for Chinese goods. They treat Chinese goods more fairly than they do the goods that come from the people of Maine. It's insanity. And what we've said to Canada is stop it. Apply a basic principle of fairness to the trade that you're doing between North Dakota and Canada, between Maine and Canada. And what happened at the very end is that came in with a bunch of unreasonable last minute demands.
Speaker 1: I frankly thought we had a deal.
Speaker 15: I think that we should have a deal, But I think that we need to send a message loud and clear to the Prime Minister of Canada. Stop taking advantage of the people of Maine. Stop taking advantag of America. Gets over. We expect fairness in our trade policy, all right.
Speaker 2: Natalie Jackson's Center Line strategies Polster and columnists for National Journal remains on the line with us here at the Scott Jennings Show. Natalie, you're hearing the back and forth. A lot of this is political posturing. There are key Senate races going on in Maine, That's why JD. Vance is there. And also in Michigan. Some people are saying a trade war is going to hurt Republican chances.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: You heard Vance try to position the administration on it. What's your reaction.
Speaker 12: You know there's also Alaska involved. You know, there's a.
Speaker 13: Huge number of.
Speaker 12: Border miles at stake here, and I think it depends on what people see in their wallets. You know, our due prices go up by November. You know what's happening October November as people voting, I think that has the biggest impact on kind of how this situation with Canada plays out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, obviously, if people perceive a direct impact on their own personal financial situation based on this, yes, I agree with you. But I guess my question to you is as a campaign strategy, I'll give you the last word here.
Speaker 4: We're almost at a time.
Speaker 2: Do you think voters want to see the administration fighting against other countries that you know, they argue we're taking advantage of us, or would they just rather see deal announces, Oh we have a deal, here's some paper. What what do you think is sort of on the minds of voters? Fight or deal?
Speaker 13: I think right now it's deal.
Speaker 12: Just given the affordability crisis that a lot of people are facing, that we've been talking about for the last six years, you know, I think deals that give people some stability and assurance that the prices are not going to skyrocket again. I think that's as helpful as anything right now.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 2: Natalie Jackson is a polster with center line strategies. Read her stuff in the National Journal. She publishes a column every week about public opinion trends. We're done for the day. We'll be back tomorrow. Great show coming up tomorrow, that column, this stuff in Seattle. Who got fired over his column, The sports Guy. He's going to be with us all that more tomorrow on The Scott Jenning Show.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening.