Speaker 1: On today's episode of Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 2: Want to come on the air, young man. I want to put on his mike. This is totally spontaneous. My older son is in from Florida. When he was a little kid, he'd come to my night show that I did in Los Angeles and often would sleep during the show. David, welcome. It is a joy to have you.
Speaker 3: Thank you. And I think that since that time, I've had to have radio or television or something on while I fell asleep, and I always wondered why.
Speaker 1: That's coming off on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager, and it starts right now. Welcome to Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager. Here thousands of hours of Dennis's lectures courses in classic radio programs. Had to purchase Dennis Prager's Rational Bibles. Go to Dennisprager dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, it's the Happinest hour. And remember come hella, high water, lice, vermin, smiling of the firstborn. Darkness does not anything happens, It does not postpone the Happiness Hour, everybody. It's the happy, happy, happy Happy. That's correct, my friends, because the happy make the world better and the unhappy make the world worse. You have a moral obligation to act as happy as possible, if not actually be as happy as possible. Happiness is a moral virtue, not a psychological state. Woohooh that's big, and that's my thesis. Happiness is a moral virtue. It's easy to be cranky, it's easy to be miserable. It's tough to be happy in a difficult life is difficult, or, as I like to put it, life is relentless. Want to come on the air, young man. I want to put on his mic. This is totally spontaneous. My older son is in from Florida, and I don't know when the last time is that you were on any of my shows, David. David is a father himself. It makes me a grandfather. And you know, every grandfather thinks that his grandkid is the cutest. But I know it. Hey, that's the thing. Others think it. Actually, I'm slightly more rational than that. While he is unbelievably adorable, there is a possibility, however faint, it may be that others are just as cute. It's hard to believe. Dave has been in my broadcast studios from the beginning, well, not from the very very beginning. I'm broadcasting one year more than you're alive. You're twenty nine. Correct. You want to give him a mic? Yeah? Are we good? I want to say correct again. I'm not hearing him try that other mic. I'm sorry, Dave. This is totally spontaneous. Ladies and gentlemen. He had no idea. He came back from the men's room and I told him you might be on a talking on a national radio show. But he's very calm. You're in anyway, you're twenty nine, I'm broadcasting thirty years. When he was a little kid, he'd come to my night show that I did in Los Angeles and often would sleep during the show, and it was very humbling for me when you put your own child to sleep while broadcasting. David, welcome. It is a joy to have you.
Speaker 3: Thank you. And I think that since that time, I've had to have radio or television or something on while I fell asleep, and I always wondered why. I thought it was because I was bottle fed, but I think it's actually.
Speaker 2: That was good. All right? Today is open line for happiness. Give me a call one a prager seven seven six. I'm gonna chat with David a little bit here while you folks call and any subject, it's I set the agenda forty eight out of fifty two shows. Let's say two, I take off and you hear a best of so forty six out of fifty I set the topic four times a year. I have you do it? You know that he's even texting now. This generation texts. I think that there are your generation. There will be people who will be dying as they die. They will be texting, dying just about to leave the earth and with some initials. Dave, welcome back to La. How does it feel to come back to La where you grew up?
Speaker 3: It was funny because I love where I live, and I live in Miami, but coming back here, the one thing I noticed, as I told you last night, was was I walked out of the terminal. My glasses did not fog up. Because I have been on the East Coast for about ten years now, and in August, wherever you are on the East Coast, it's humid. So it was interesting to be in a place where your glasses didn't fog up. Outside of that, not too much of a reaction. It's great to be back. Great to be with friends and family, but being away so long in some ways it you know, it doesn't feel it doesn't feel as if I'm coming home necessarily because it's been so long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I understand. It's like when I go back to New York, right. I know I grew up there, but I don't feel Elvis is home. When you move, you move exactly, but you are still an LA teams fan. Yes, absolutely see. That doesn't leave people. It's so interesting. I always marvel at that when I'm at a Dodger game and they're playing the Cubs in half the stadium, our Chicago Cubs fans.
Speaker 3: It's like that in LA, in in Miami two for two reasons. Number one, the fans, I'm sorry to say in LA and Miami are not that vocal and loyal to their teams. And also too, it's just part of it.
Speaker 2: You should have been at Kings games. I just want to.
Speaker 3: Say, when they were winning the Stanley Cup.
Speaker 2: That's true, okay, But also people move.
Speaker 3: To those cities so much that people, like you said, retain their team loyalties, so when they come to those cities, they want to see their teams play.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I understand that that's and that's going to be true for you if the Angels come to Florida or the right exactly exactly all the Lakers.
Speaker 3: Though, with my son, I will permit him to root for to root for Miami teams. I don't want him to feel like an outsider.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting point where the parent pushes onto the kid the allegiance to a city they never been to. Yeah, it's a very interesting point. Exactly. Hey, this is the Happiness Hour, and I know this is almost a silly question, but I'm going to pose a tough one to you. What would you say off the top of your head, because I know you think these things through, but I still am putting you on the spot. And you don't represent an entire world of twenty nine year olds. I recognize that. But to the best of your ability, what's the biggest obstacle to happiness in your generation?
Speaker 3: I think it's two things. Number One is, we grow up with so much materially that we've begun to take so much for granted. We just expect so much to be there. And when you have, as you've spoken about so many times in your book on the show, when you have high expectations, it's hard for those expectations to be matched. And when expectations aren't matched, you stop. It's harder to be happy. So it's hard to have low expectations with so much materially. Second is that when you have so much materially, it's harder to find a purpose in life. For so many generations and in much of the world, people's purpose, in my opinion, is to put food on the table. But when you almost expect that to be taken care of, either by yourself or by your parents, because by and large most of us have food on our table, we have to find a purpose other than survival. And that's when things, i think, get very tricky. As you said about the last hour, people are bored, so they need to find a purpose to do something because they have so much materially that that's Since that's taken care of, they have to find something else and that becomes the biggest challenge.
Speaker 2: So you feel that in a lot of your peers, that's a problem.
Speaker 3: Lack of purpose, yes, lack of purpose, yeah, it's a sense of well, sense of comfort.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree with you more And obviously I'm not agreen because you're my son. This is my son, David Prager, and I just figured since he was in town and he came to visit at the show, that I would share him a bit with you. One A Praguer seven seven six The Happiness, the Happiness Hour. Let me take some of your calls. It's an open line. A Happiness Hour will begin in Phoenix, Arizona. And Tony Hi, Tony, Dennis Prager.
Speaker 4: Hi, Dennis Hi. I just want to let you know yesterday it was your birthday, and it was my daughter's birthday. Also, I haven't seen in over twenty five years, and I called her, I left a message and wished a happy birthday, and I just want to let you know that your birthday inspired me to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, I got the chills actually, because that's one of my and I use the word crusades in life, and that is to have parents and children who don't talk to one another talk to one another. May I ask why the twenty five year gap, but well.
Speaker 4: I also have a son I haven't seen too, he's forty two.
Speaker 2: Why my ex.
Speaker 4: Wife poisoned them? You know, I didn't have a custody of them, and I was out west here in Phoenix and it just got worse and she just you know, you know, when you hear poison all the time, you get poison yourself.
Speaker 2: Did you get her response from your daughter?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, I've written letters over the past years and called but I was just inspired yesterday by your birthday to call her and wish her a happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Tony. I really pray, and I don't do that much. I don't ask God for much. I asked God to have your daughter respond to you. We'll continue. You're listening to the Dennis Prager Show, the Happiness Hour.
Speaker 1: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's Timeless.
Speaker 2: Wisdom Happiness Hour. Dennis Prager's show's talking to my son who's twenty nine visiting from Miami, and he was I asked him what he thinks the biggest obstacles to the happiness of people his age are, and I agree with him the purpose issue. Once, once you have enough food and enough shelter, what do you do? What do you do for purpose? Yes, and that should be a subject unto itself, But because it would end the political I'm trying, I won't speak about it. Much right now. Anyway, this is the open line, which I do a couple of times a few times a year on the Happiness Hour. I was talking about texting. I was ribbing my son about his texting and saying your generation people will be dying and texting that they're dying. My wife just sent me this article, actually this news report from yesterday from August second at Huntsville, Alabama. A college student from Texas believes he is lucky to be alive after a terrible crash. He was texting and driving while when his truck flew off a cliff. Chance bothees or Bothe's truck plunged off a bridge and into a ravine. One of the last things he typed indicated what almost happened to him. He wrote, I need to quit texting because I could die in a car accident and then went over a cliff. I can only laugh because he's okay, but it does it's a funny story. All right. Let's take let's take some of your calls here and let's go to Christine's open Line Happiness Hour, Fraser Park, California.
Speaker 5: Christine, Hi, Hi, Dennis, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Where is Fraser Park.
Speaker 5: It's south of Bakersfield.
Speaker 2: Actually, I was going to guess it, and I didn't.
Speaker 5: It's a pleasure to talk to you. My husband and I are avid listeners, and I always say, thanks to Dennis Prager, my husband converted from left to right.
Speaker 2: Wow, and you were already on the right.
Speaker 5: I'm so far right, it's scary.
Speaker 2: Well, you owe me. You know you should send me a cigar.
Speaker 5: Okay, I should. Yes, congratulations, it's conservative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know what's funny. I'll tell you what is funny. Women call up at thank me for converting their husbands to being conservative. Men call up or tell me privately, thank you for having my wife listen to your male fe mail hour and being more receptive to certain overtures. So men have a different game plan.
Speaker 5: Yes, I agree with you. Well that's kind of why I called, because thanks to you, I had a conscious decision to be happy. You know, I'm of an age where I spent the seventies growing up small child through my teenagers being brainwashed by the feminist left. You know, a woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle, and that sort of got shoved down my throat, you know, even through Sesame Street, et cetera, and all the media and thanks to you in a happiness hour and me embracing my face getting right with God. I made this conscious decision to be happy because I realized if I was responsible for my happiness, I was obviously responsible for my unhappiness. And I was essentially always angry at my husband for not being psychic, not knowing intuitively, you know what my needs were, what my desires were, you know what needed to be done around the house, et cetera. Basically, I was angry because it wasn't all about me. And then one day I just decided to be happy and be the kind of wife my husband wanted me to be in his marriage. I decided to take the first step, and my husband turned on a dime. Let me tell you, I was nice first, and that's all it took. And our marriage is fabulous. We had some rocky times in the past. We've been together twenty four years, we have two children, and I'm happier than I have ever been. I mean, all it took was I mean, it started about five years ago. I took my first step into a synagogue and I was like, it's like God whacked me on the forehead and said, what took you so long? You know you're finally here. And it was like an epiphany and I just decided that I'm going to make more of an effort instead of being so selfish. And my husband responded immediately.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you why were your last words, I'm.
Speaker 5: Sorry at the end of the work day, we can't wait to see each other.
Speaker 2: Well, well, you know what better than a cigar? And now I'm being very serious. I'd like you to say some of these things on a little video and email it to me. Oh okay, I'm very serious. It would mean the world to me. God, bless you, thank you. Love to your husband. I decided to treat him nice and then he turned on a dime. That's it. That's it for the vast majority, not all, there are some real loser men, but for the vast majority, or the great majority of men, that's that's what it takes. That's it. Some men that they well, nothing will work. I fully grant that happy wife, happy life is a very a variant of that. It's not identical, but it's it's related. But that's what that's really what it takes. The woman I've always said the woman. I believe the woman makes the marriage if the if the man is a decent man. I'm not talking about men with very serious psychological problems, or men who are addicted to a drug or alcohol, or or or or I'm certainly not talking about serial philanderers or anything like that. But for the average decent guy. And the average guy is decent in America. Let me tell you that's all that really is what it takes. And I was very, very power full, very eloquent call, and I thank you. All right, Let's go to Kaylee in Dallas, Texas. How old are you, Kaylee?
Speaker 7: I'm seventeen years old.
Speaker 2: How do you spell your name?
Speaker 7: Ka y l e y?
Speaker 2: Is that the normal spelling of Kaylee?
Speaker 7: I think there are a lot of normal spellings with Kayley.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought. Okay, anyway, thanks for calling. What's on your mind?
Speaker 7: Well, your texting commentary reminded me of my theory about texting. You know, humans have always been writing to each other, from the pony Express to emails, but you know that was the pony Express obviously took months and you know, up to years going across the oceans. Now, you know, we text and you know, it seems to be a natural sort of way of communication for humans. I just think it's different now because of the instant gratification factor, very.
Speaker 2: Very intelligent point and you're welcome and go on, and therefore what.
Speaker 7: And therefore, you know, maybe there's a reduced amount of you know, joy you get from talking to someone. But on the other hand, you could be happier because you're in constant.
Speaker 2: Communication with the great a man, a man I deeply respect. Just last night said to me he thinks that your generation talked to one another less because of texting. Do you agree?
Speaker 7: I do agree.
Speaker 2: That's interesting that we'll be back in a moment happiness. Our Dennis Prager Show.
Speaker 1: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's Timeless wisdom.
Speaker 5: It's so important to make someone happy.
Speaker 2: Make just one, Jimmy Duranti, thank you, sir. Yes, it is nice. It's hard to make somebody happy. It's a beautiful song, but it's hard. My theory is, you make yourself happy, and ironically then all those around you will be happier. People want to be around happier people. Oh, I can't believe it. The call I was about this is the most frustrating part of talk radio. The call I was about to take. Somebody wanted to ask my son a question, and then they hung up, And there's nothing you can do. Should I ask the question anyway? Because I read it? Yeah, so somebody. I don't even know what city. Nothing it matters, I guess, but they were going to ask you in light of your mom's at my divorce, your own happiness and its effect on you.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it had. It definitely had effects. I know it had effects in terms of happiness, I don't think so. I think that the one of the most important things for kids to grow up in, It's pretty obvious, is to be in a happy house. And if two people are staying together and can't be happy, then then it's going to affect the kid adversely. In addition to that, I think we model a lot of things, whether we want to or not, from our parents, And if we see a loveless marriage, then wouldn't we model our marriage after that as well? Potentially, So, I think having two parents married is obviously the ideal, but it's but having two happy homes is better than having one unhappy home. I think what happens though a lot is is I've seen, is that people attribute their happiness to getting divorced. Do they think that if they get divorced, they'll be happy. But that's just shifting the blame of their their happiness to somebody else. And as you say all the time, you're responsible for your own happiness. So it's a it's a challenge, but I think I think ultimately if people say they're staying together for their kids, it's also bad because the kids.
Speaker 2: Will know.
Speaker 3: And that'll reinforce the children that the only thing that matters in a parent's life is their children, which is not good because when you hear that, it's a recipe for narcissism.
Speaker 2: Whoh, good stuff, all right, thank you, Dave. Dave's visiting from Miami and came to the show, and I figured i'd introduce him. I don't think. I don't. When was the last time the best thing we ever did? Do we have it? We don't have it in our archives. That's terrible, Sean. I think the best we ever did. David and I announced the game sitting at an Arizona Diamondbacks game in Phoenix. That was great. It was great. It was we've never played that. Hey, Dave, have you heard me going down the ice with Wayne Gretzky.
Speaker 3: I think it's amazing. I think it was hilarious. I did. I listened it to it with my brother in Miami and we were cracking out.
Speaker 2: It was hilarious.
Speaker 3: I thought it was great.
Speaker 2: That's my other son.
Speaker 3: I thought the thought of you on ice skates was actually fine.
Speaker 2: Oh that's painful. That is I did ice skate all right, As it happens. I even bought ice skates when I lived there.
Speaker 4: King Sun down a line of Wayne Gretzky along with Luke, Robotie and Dennis Prager. Retzky wins the face up, he gives it the robot Duck, Robatie gives it to Dennis Praeger.
Speaker 2: Here's Freger to kind of rice.
Speaker 4: With Gretzky, two on one break, Gretzky back to Prager. He stumbles and Paul.
Speaker 2: Very humiliating.
Speaker 3: That's probably what would have happened.
Speaker 2: Ie. What am I going to say? All right, let's go to some more of your calls. This is really an open, an open happiness hour here. And uh, let's go to Don in Levine Arizona.
Speaker 8: Hi, Hi Dennis. I appreciate you too, Dave.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 8: It's good to There's a proverb I believe that talks about wisdom being born out or lived out in our children, and I love to have your family on there and to see that that born out in life. But I began listening to your Happiness hour as well as your male female or with my seventeen year old son and last week on Friday, because I'm trying to invoke some conversation and some debate with him, because he's at the point right now where he's kind of he's smarter than most people, including his father, and so I want to I want to kind of stimulate conversation with him. So we were talking last week about how how love is the best motivator.
Speaker 9: And he began to challenge that, and he was stating a couple different examples, one of them being that if you were asking any of the kids in his Christian school, is what motivates them to do better in school? And he was convinced that it was out a fear, And I said, well, even in that, don't you believe that a love for yourself could be a more positive reason why you're doing well in school rather than the fear of getting a poor grade and reflecting poorly on you.
Speaker 2: Interesting debate will be back in a moment. You're listening to the Happiness Hour on the Dennis Prager Show.
Speaker 1: This episode of Timeless Wisdom will continue right after this. Now back to more of Dennis Prager's Timeless Wisdom.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, Dennis Prager here the Happiness Hour on the Dennis Prager Show. The last caller. This is really open line Happiness Hour. We do it about three or four times a year. That's it. Otherwise, I set the gen non happiness and you and I discussed that particular topic. My son, who is visiting in La from my ame, is in studio. I've been talking to him as well. That was That was an answer that I think affected people when they asked you. You were very open about effects of divorce on your happiness. I to the best of my knowledge right now, and I think, I mean, you're you're a pretty happy guy. Yeah, absolutely, absolutely, yeah one A Prager seven seven six. The last caller raised the question because he's he's having a discussion with his seventeen year old son. What's more animating fear as I recall it, fear or love. Though he spoke about love of self, I'm not a big fan of love of self per personally. I never used that term. And if somebody said, do you love yourself? I never ever think of whether I love myself. I've never thought of it. I don't even I don't even understand it, and I'm not knocking it. I'm just saying I don't understand it. I try to earn my respect that in regard to how I feel about me, I think always of the term respect. Do I respect me? I don't think about do I love me? But anyway, love and fear, I don't care. One animate's good behavior I read to you recently is a terrifically interesting study. People who believe in hell act better. People who believe only in heaven don't act as good as decently as people who believe in hell as well as heaven. How do you like that?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 2: I that's why you know? It says, And I did this on an Ultimate Issues Hour which we read brought asked I think recently, should you fear your parents right? Which is a biblical command? It says, it says, honor your father and mother and it says fear your father, your mother and father. I know some people like to translate it as hold in awe, and there is there is that element. If it's not fear, asn't be scared of, but it's fear, and there is an element of fear. As I've often commented, I'll never forget. The teenager said, do you do drugs? He said no. I said why not? He said, because my mother would kill me. I never heard a teenager say I wouldn't do drugs. As I love myself, I may, and I'm not knocking it. I'm just saying I don't. I think fear animates much more of the lack of use of drugs. And that's all. Like I only care about some about behavior. If I wrote a you know, if I wrote a if I wrote a sixth book, which I had had to write a sixth, seventh, and eighth, but my ninth book would be behavior is everything. That's the motto of what I convey politically and in happiness and morally. Behavior is everything. And the problem is we live in the age of feelings, not the age of behavior. And if that was transmitted and received clearly, that's a very big deal. In how you will look at life. The emphasis from the sixties was on feelings. Love. Everything was about love, love, love. It should all be about behavior. I don't care if people love me. I care if the people I love love me. But the other eight billion people or seven billion people, I care how they behave toward me, not if they love me. I don't care if America is loved. Yeah, that's a big deal. All right, Let's go to some more of your calls. Lawrence in Phoenix, Arizona's really coming in today, Hello Lawrence. Dennis Prager, Hello.
Speaker 10: Dennis, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 10: I have to thank you so much listening to you for as long as I have been. I have young children and six year old son, and I think that a lot of what I learned from you make me go from a very good dad to potentially a great dad.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm very, very touched. Give me one example.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm a firm believer in leading by example.
Speaker 10: And one day I was driving my son to swim lessons. He was about four, and he was talking about someday having a family of his own, and I said.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're going to be a good dad. And he says, oh yeah.
Speaker 10: And I said, well, what's going to make you be a good dad? And he said, well, I'm going to play with my kids and I'm going to love their mother.
Speaker 2: Wow you said that at four? Yeah? Yeah, what's he gonna say at six? There's nothing left?
Speaker 10: Well, you know what he might say to his kindergarten classmates, huh is uh, let your.
Speaker 8: Behavior control your feelings. Because he hears that a lot.
Speaker 2: They're gonna they're gonna kick him out of schoolf.
Speaker 10: Well, no, we're we're going to a school where a lot of that that is welcome.
Speaker 2: Well that if he knows that thing on behavior and he feels that way about how important it is the way the dad treats the mom. You got some kid there, and if I played the slightest role in that, I am very very happy that that is. So thank you. All right, and let's go to uh uh. Let's see here, let's go to uh Jonathan in Idlewild, California. Hi, Jonathan, Dennis Prager, Jonathan going once, Jonathan going twice. Jonathan is gone. All right, Carol, what's on your mind? Hello? Carol? Where's Carol? Are you going?
Speaker 9: Dennis?
Speaker 6: You have a fan based in Arizona today.
Speaker 2: Boy, it's mind blowing.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to get your thoughts on this texting thing because I'm a mom of teenagers and I've even seen the difference from my oldest child who's twenty four to now my current teenager who's almost fifteen. And what I see with these kids is because they are texting so much and there's less face to face conversation, that because they have that protection of seclusion somewhat that they're just so open.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I'm going to comment on that. Natch Dave about it. He is a little song I wrote.
Speaker 3: You might want to sing it for non.
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: Who's doing this? This is not Bob Brley, right, Bobby McFerrin. So I was with a woman from Jamaica and I told her I used this on the show. We couldn't remember who it was, Dennis Prager here the Happiness Hour. This was open line. There were so many wonderful calls. It's very painful if I obviously can't get to everybody and back to you, Carol, you were saying, what about texting and intimacy, Well, I guess.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying is what I'm seeing, and I'm seeing a difference even between my oldest kids and now my younger kids, is this openness. There is no stiff upper lip, There is no stoicism. If you are sad, if you are hospitalized with suppression, if you are taking medication. It is in your text, it is on your Facebook page. I mean, there is absolutely what I'm seeing like no boundaries. And I don't know, is that just a generational thing and that's why I'm uncomfortable with it or is this a I know there's potential harm in it, but I just I think it's really interesting that these kids, and because they're so open through their texting, they're actually more open in person now too.
Speaker 5: I mean, there is nothing.
Speaker 2: Let me bounce that, and that's very very interesting. Let me bounce it off. The youngest person in the studio, my son David, is twenty nine. How do you react to that.
Speaker 3: I actually I don't totally agree. I think that what's happened with not texting but social media like Facebook. And I'm a victim of this too, but people just put any random thought that they have on so but it's it's usually usually they From what I found, people are still pretty private about their most personal issues, so they leave that to friends. I don't think that there's a huge issue interpersonally with texting. I think that sometimes it's you can get lost in translation with texting. I think what happens sometimes is if you're texting on an iPhone or a smartphone, they'll they'll give you an auto correct when you're trying to type out something, and and and I've seen some wild misinterpretations. So outside of that, I don't find a huge I don't find a huge deal with it.
Speaker 2: My it's an an interest, very interesting and important question is it Is it substitute for real talk? I don't I don't know. I don't know, and I don't think anything can ever substitute for real talk. My son and I were just talking about this during the break. The most human thing, in some ways is your voice. When I hear a record of my mother, she is more alive than when I see a picture of her.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, on Timeless Wisdom with Dennis Prager.
Speaker 2: We found the cassette that answers the question when was my first happiness hour? This is from January nineteen ninety nine, The first Happy Hour.
Speaker 1: Join us tomorrow to hear more on Timeless wisdom with Dennis Prager. This has been timeless wisdom with Dennis Prager. Visit Dennisprager dot com for thousands of hours of Dennis's lectures, courses in classic radio programs, and to purchase Dennis Prager's Rational Bibles