Speaker 1: My name is Charlie Kirk. I run the largest pro American student organization in the country, fighting for the future of our republic. My call is to fight evil and to proclaim truth. If the most important thing for you is just feeling good, you're gonna end up miserable. But if the most important thing is doing good, you'll end up purposeful. College is a scam, everybody. You got to stop sending your kids to college. You should get married as young as possible and have as many kids as possible. Go start at turning point, you would say, college chapter. Go start aturning point, you say high school chapter. Go find out how your church can get involved.
Speaker 2: Sign up and become an activist.
Speaker 1: I gave my life to the Lord in fifth grade, most important decision I ever made in my life, and I encourage you to do the same. Here I am.
Speaker 2: Lord, Use me.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, everybody, Here we go. The Charlie Kirk Show is proudly sponsored by Preserved Gold, leading gold and silver experts and the only precious metals company I recommend to my family, friends and viewers.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome to the Charlie Kirk Show. Andrew Colvett here honored to be with you. Today is launch day of Charlie's last book, Blake Stopping.
Speaker 2: The Name of God.
Speaker 3: Erica Kirk has been in New York doing media. I think today she's she did Fox and French, she had Hannity last night. This I think she's gonna be co hosting The Five today, which is very exciting, and she's going to the sort of person who watches The Five if you're the Yeah, I mean, actually, I think The Five is actually people maybe people don't know this. I think it's the top rated show on the network on that network with Greg Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Know, it's a very popular show.
Speaker 3: And then she's gonna be joining us in our the top of hour two today. So Erica Kirk will be joining The Charlie Kirk Show at one pm Eastern ten am Pacific. So you're gonna, guys, are gonna stay tuned for that, and she's gonna be talking about the book this right here. Also have it in my hands, Stop in the Name of God, Charlie's last book, and this was a labor of absolute love from Charlie. He spent over a year working on it, jotting down notes, reflections, meditating on it. It's deeply personal. I think Erica said it really well actually on Hannity. I don't want to get ahead of ourselves here because we are going to be talking about with Erica. But this Charlie learning how to rest one day a week was what helped him level up. It was what really took him. He was amazing, amazing, but then when he did this, he became even more amazing, effective, better leader, and so many things. So we've got the artwork back there, the team, the team got it done and put it up there, and lots of news to cover in the meantime, so let's get let's let's just get out the gate real well here, Jasmine Crockett has decided to run for senate, and I feel obligated to at least lead with this. You know Jasmine Crocket It is a very fiery figure out of Texas. She has risen to prominence by basically being flamboyantly, aggressively, obnoxiously insensitive, saying wild things, saying anti white things, anti Trump things, anti conservative things. So let's just hear in her own words, why she's announcing her run for senate.
Speaker 4: One one, there are a lot of people that said, you gotta stay in the house. We need our voice, we need you there and I understand, but what we need is for me to have a bigger voice.
Speaker 2: As if that was it's whatever do we have this?
Speaker 5: We played it in the cold open. I saw like the best part was is she uploaded a video to announce. That's her just sitting there impassively while they play clips of Donald Trump saying she's really stupid.
Speaker 3: And well, this is what happens, right, I mean, if you go after somebody, it actually raises their profile. Right, It's the Barber Streisand effect. The Strissand effect is where you know, I guess it goes back to where Streisand wanted to keep her privacy intact and then she ended up fighting back against somebody taking you know, exposing her home address, which made everybody see her her home address, so it worked against her. So it's called the Streisand effect. And you have this in politics, right. Senator Mark Kelly says some crazy things that are you know, eerily similar to a coup, a military coup, encouraging that subversion.
Speaker 2: And guess what now he is in many new polls.
Speaker 3: It's like Gavin Newsom, Mark Kelly is who the Democrats think is the most viable candidate to run for president in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 5: It could be risky because I think I think Mark Kelly would be more dangerous. Camp Well, I'm just saying Crockett for example, exactly. But this is what we have.
Speaker 3: Jasmine Crockett says, says all these crazy things, we say she's crazy, and all of a sudden, that's all it takes for her profile to be raised. So let's pick our enemies very carefully here. But in the case of Jasmine Crockett, I think this is a good choice because she is so insane and I think she's gonna have a heck of an uphill battle in the state of Texas. Let's play one eighty four. This is her comparing herself to the being the next Barack Hussein Obama.
Speaker 4: There was this charismatic, funny, intelligent, and exciting young candidate with a funny name who just got into the US Senate and was running for president. Many doubted if this country was ready, while others, well, we got to work and kept hope alive. Yes we can. Yes, I'm talking about President Barack Obama.
Speaker 2: She left out the Hussein Obama, but that's it.
Speaker 5: Charlie would always say it, always did it, Yeah, always imitated.
Speaker 2: It was an ode to it was an ode to rush.
Speaker 5: And of course, narrator, the country was not ready for Barack Obama.
Speaker 2: No, not remote.
Speaker 3: Country was not. But but this is what's crazy. She's so she's so crazy that she We've got so many great clips on Jasmine Crockett.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And this is this is an interesting clip. This is when she was saying she's open to ending tax on black because she's in favor of reparations, but she admits that many are not already paying taxes. One's seventy six.
Speaker 4: One of the things that they proposed is black folk not have to pay taxes, and I was like, I don't know that that's not necessarily a bad idea. Then you start dealing with the different tax brackets and things like that. And that's one of the reasons that, you know, we argue that reparations makes sense because so many black folk not only do you owe for the labor that was stolen and killed and all the other things, right, but the fact is, like we end up being so far behind right, and so it's like, how do you bring forth people exactly and so it's like, if you if you do the no tax thing for people that are already say struggling and aren't really paying taxes in the first place, it doesn't really exactly Maybe they may want those those checks like they got exactly.
Speaker 3: So so that's her admitting that, you know, uh, reparations is a is a flawed endeavor.
Speaker 2: To begin with. We could, we could keep going.
Speaker 3: She says, she doesn't need to win over Trump supporters to do this.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Trump carried Texas by fourteen points. So if I'm just doing the math here, I've gotta i gotta question her logic here, Blake one seventy eight.
Speaker 4: How will you convert those who are supportive of him to voters for you? Yeah, I don't know they will necessarily convert all of Trump supporters. That's not our need to Our goal is to definitely talk to people. No, we don't. We don't need to.
Speaker 2: Gotta get some you gotta gotta go.
Speaker 5: So this is a good reason to be optimistic because Jasmine Kroc, one, one of her opponents, has already basically dropped out in response to this, decided let's pack up and go home.
Speaker 6: But older people will remember a candidate.
Speaker 5: I say, older people like it's ages ago, but it was only about a decade ago. But there's been a pattern. Democrats are really addicted to the idea of flipping Texas. It's kind of it's similar to how we'll often be contacted by conservatives in California.
Speaker 6: They often dream of flipping California.
Speaker 5: Red, the whole state, not just house districts, and we often have to say we support you, we should work as hard as we can, but it's not the immediate priority now because it's difficult and expensive and we're not close to doing it. Democrats do this a lot with the state of Texas, where they get hyped up that they're going to flip the state in a big state wide race blue, and they spend tons of money on it. So let's throw up a decade ago. We had Wendy Davis. She gave a filibuster's speech on the floor of I believe the Texas State Senate over an abortion bill, and so they made her a big national hero. She got a ton of money, She ran for governor and she got steamrolled massively by Governor Abbott. And then they did it with bat O'Rourke running for Senate got a lot of attention in like three points, sir, Well, don't egg them on.
Speaker 2: Don't egg them on here. The point is they spent a lot of money on.
Speaker 5: It's spent, and that's probably why we got Governor Ron de Santis.
Speaker 6: For example.
Speaker 5: If they'd taken that money and rolled it over to Florida, we probably don't win that race. By man, it was under one hundred thousand and thirty thirty thousand votes or something like that. Yeah, I mean, listen, if they want to roll her out there and see what they can get done, that's fine. I hope they spend a lot of money on Jasmine. I hope they spend so much money backing Jasmine. Crockett, Hey, Andrew Colvett. Here, do you want to own a home? The time to act is now. For the first time in years, buyers finally have the upper hand. There's more inventory, more negotiating power, and less competition. But this window of opportunity won't stay open for long. As soon as the Fed cuts rates, buyer demand is expected to spike, driving prices up and giving sellers the advantage once again. With peak home buying season in full swing, now is your moment to secure the right home on your terms. Don't wait for the market to shift. I've done this before, and you don't want.
Speaker 2: To do it.
Speaker 3: Reach out today to get approved from mortgage financing with our dear dear friends Andrew and Todd. They are godly men and good men. I trust them, just like Charlie. Did hear him talk about Andrew and Todd in his own words.
Speaker 1: Go to Andrewintodd dot com or called Triple Light Triple eight eleven seventy two. These are the guys that I trust with forty years of experience. They really are the experts, and they make it easy because they keep everything in house. Call Triple Light Triple eight eleven seventy two or go to Andrewintodd dot com. That is Andrewintodd dot com.
Speaker 3: So there is a case that is going to be heard by the Supreme Court that is making some serious ways. So this is here from Axios. You guys can throw the graphic up. Senior Trump advisors are telling GOP donors that a pair of upcoming Supreme Court decisions are likely to bolster Republicans in the twenty twenty six midterms and transform the party's power to win elections.
Speaker 2: For years.
Speaker 3: So this is coming straight from Chris Lasovida Tony Fabrizio, which are top Trump lieutenants, and they are talking about this case Louisiana versus I think it's pronounced Kalais. I would think Calais, Calais, calais whatever, So Louisiana, the Calais.
Speaker 5: A French name, and then when they're in Louisiana a long time, they start pronouncing it differently.
Speaker 6: That's how we got Brett Far of all.
Speaker 2: That Favre Far.
Speaker 3: So what this is it's about a very i would say, kind of long standing precedent. Now it goes back to the Voting Rights Act of Section two the Voting Rights Act, which came in nineteen sixty five, and what that section does is it prohibits the dilution of minority voting power in congressional redistricting plans. So what this does in practice is it will take a district that is or it will create a district that is a majority minority district. So if you have a predominant black community in Louisiana, for example, and this is where this case goes down to, they will design a district to give a black community a representative for the black community. In the case of Louisiana, they have two predominantly black congressional district Yeah.
Speaker 5: That was a recent court rule and exactly, well, this is one of these very mutant Look, it's very mutant looking.
Speaker 3: But what this what it's supposed to be doing, is at least in theory, they will argue that this is what allows them to have equal representation. So this is so that black voters in the South specifically will have black representatives, right, but it is being challenged as racist. Now, why this is key is because Section two of the Voting Rights Act, the core provision that protects against racially discriminated, discriminatory voting maps. That's how they would put it the left. If struck down, it would be the significant, most significant rollback of this Voting Rights Act since what they say, Shelby County versus Holder in twenty thirteen. But here's what else. This is what's crazy is that this could at least it could flip nineteen seats up to up to so that's nineteen congressional seats. And this the left is warning about this. They're writing white papers on this, publishing these things, and they are saying that if you add that to some of these congressional redistricting fights that we're having in Indiana and we're having a Missouri, in Florida and Ohio, that could total up to twenty seven seats going in our direction. And that's not even counting I believe Texas, which has already now done it, and we had that that's six.
Speaker 2: Well, well that might reduce the total, I think. Okay, But here's here's the point.
Speaker 3: Nineteen seats, especially in the South, are connected to this nineteen sixty five Voting Rights Act Section two, which is making jerrymandered seats for majority minority districts.
Speaker 5: Now, you have to be careful because I always have to have the caveat here, which is there are a lot of seats in blue states that exist this way as well, where because of Section two, they say, okay, here in Chicago, for example, you need to make this giant like there's actually infamous districts in Chicago where they have this all black district and then they have the Hispanic district that surrounds it, kind of like a pair of earmuffs is famously what it looks like. And so Democrat states do create this as well. So that could mitigate it. The big picture thing is we've had this very artificial approach to our house maps that was imposed a half century ago for an understandable purpose, which is that we had the Jim Crow system that really did deny Black Americans the right to vote, and you could argue you needed some sort of harsh measure to break that. That's why we abolish the poll tax, that's why we abolish some of the literacy tests that they used. And we're famously rigged against Black Americans, but I have century on black Americans have the same voting rights, voting rights, and voting rates.
Speaker 6: As white Americans. They are not being denied the right to vote.
Speaker 5: Instead, this is always a cudgel that is just used to deliver the left political wins. Oh, we can't have basic voter ID because actually that's a way to bring back Jim Crow. And similar here, you can't have a house map decided democratically at your state level because we've had a court order how you're going to draw it, and it never applies to Democrats. Of course, Democrats are actually totally allowed to jerrymander however they want because they're doing it for political reasons, so racist reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But here's what I would say. The liberal leaning Fair Fight Action Group is freaking out about this. They are freaking out about this, and they and they are admitting that this, if this is overturned, it will benefit us much more. And here's the key oral arguments are herd Tuesday, which is today, So for this case in which the Justice will decide whether to eliminate the federal law and so, so that's that's a big that's a big uh.
Speaker 5: It's a big deal if it helps us, because they have to decide it soon enough, otherwise we can't draw the So if they do, yes, it's if they do it quick enough, it'll impact twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: If they don't twenty twenty eight for sure. Right now, in war torn Ukraine, elderly Jews like Maria face a brutal winter and a constant search for food. Maria is eighty five years old and lives alone. She's nearly blind and suffers from a broken hip. Maria is a Holocaust survivor.
Speaker 2: Her father and.
Speaker 3: Brother were murdered by the Nazis. Maria still lives in her childhood home. There's no indoor plumbing, no heat, and it's bitterly cold today. Like yesterday, Maria barely has enough food to survive. Her hunger is unbearable. She prays for warmth, food, and someone to help her this winter. As the snow falls and the nights grow longer, her hope fades with each passing day. She feels forgotten and needs our help. That's why I'm so grateful for the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. For over forty years, the Fellowship and their supporters have delivered boxes stuffed with nutritious food, cooking supplies, and others essentials to suffering and impoverished people like Maria. To learn more about the great work of I f c J, visit urgenti f CJ dot org. That's urgent, I f CJ dot org. All right, very very excited about this next conversation because it's so important. We're going to be welcoming Caleb chilcut He is the UVU chapter president for Turning Point USA. They're in Utah, of course, that is where Charlie was assassinated on September tenth, and Caleb has been an absolute rock star and actually met him briefly over the weekend at the gala. So welcome to the Charlie kirkshow Caleb, it's an honor to have you here.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 7: This is yeah, a real hona. I'm super excited to be here.
Speaker 3: And just in case people are wondering, Caleb, you are from Australia. That is an accent that they so poofy he's actually upside down.
Speaker 2: Yeah you are. I'm on the ceiling right now, exactly.
Speaker 7: Less than there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Well, it was great meeting you briefly. You were absolutely phenomenal at the galley. You said a few words, why don't we start there before we get into this story. We've got ten minutes in this segment. Tell us about the chapter in the aftermath of what happened to Charlie there and tell us how are you doing, How is the chapter doing, how the student's doing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's been honestly incredible. Our chapter was a small probably got one hundred active members. I would get about twenty people maximum per event, but then after Charlie's death, we've just seen an explosion in activity. The campus website says we now ever have four hundred members.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: Our Instagram has gotten over five thousand plus followers, and our events average forty plus people, so we've more than doubled our events.
Speaker 2: That's phenomenal.
Speaker 3: And how are the students doing though, I mean, you know some of what Yeah, some of you guys, I mean you were the last students to get pictures with Charlie. I mean, just I mean it was incredibly traumatic. It's still traumatic for so many of us. And you know, I just I have worried about some of you guys at the campus level there because it was, I mean, an unthinkable thing happened right in.
Speaker 7: Front of you. Yeah, thankfully. Yeah, the students have been doing really well. The view did off of free mental health services and other facilities kind to help us out deal on process what we all witnessed. But the students they're fired up, My students, they're ready to keep muching forward. Our chapter is becoming a stronghold and it's going to be a legacy that is going to last the lifetime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wonderful.
Speaker 3: Well, and talking about legacies that are going to last a lifetime. So as soon as this happened with Charlie, there was talk of a Charlie Kirk memorial on campus, and unfortunately that is now coming into question. Let's go ahead and play this cut really quick to fourteen.
Speaker 2: Like it when the campus comes to that's what I want to memorialize that.
Speaker 5: I want to memorialize campus coming together as one student body in the face of this great tragedy.
Speaker 1: You want a memorial for unity, Yes, exactly, because.
Speaker 2: Unity died on September tenth, not Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, so they instead of a Charlie Kirk memorial, they want a unity memorial. Blake, Does that make any sense at all?
Speaker 5: I guess we'll have We'll have unity between uh, you know, the side that was fired upon and the side that fired I suppose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Please help make sense for this. What is actually happening on campus? And is this unity memorial in place of a Charlie Kirk memorial actually actually gaining any traction here?
Speaker 7: Caleb, I'm not too sure about that, to be honest. This is definitely your case of the loud minority versus the silent majority. I haven't met a single student and we talked one hundreds of students each week who want a unity memorial. Everyone I've talked to you want something to honor Charlie that under what he stood for. And so yeah, it's just this small, very small, but super loud voices that oh what we're hearing right now across the country and the campus.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, but don't they realize that this would be bearing the truth of what really happened? I mean, this would be a disgrace to the tragedy that unfolded at that campus to call it anything other than Charlie Kirk Memorial. And you know, it's cannot say this enough. An indoctrinated leftist murdered Charlie Kirk in cold blood in front of all of us. There's no unity with that. And Charlie gave his life for free speech for this country. I just I can't think of anything more insulting than taking Charlie's name off of a memorial and putting in its place some left wing, deranged unity project or whatever that is. So, Caleb, I are you telling us that this is not gaining any real traction?
Speaker 2: Have you talked to the administration?
Speaker 3: Have you talked to anybody at the school that has any authority over this?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've talked to a couple of the people on the memorial committee. Thankfully. It's very reassuring that about ninety percent of them have come to me and told me they are huge Charlie Kirk fans. They loved what he stood for, they love the message that he preachers. So if that gives me some hope, But the real issue for me is that it's just there's no traction. The last I heard was about a month ago where they took a tour of the courtyard and the next time they're meeting to discuss the memorial is going to be sometime in January. So the process has taken very, very slowly. But from what I've seen, the people who are constructing this memorial were in good hands.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 6: Do you just worry that pushing it back?
Speaker 5: The goal is to just you know, the process is the punishment, delay it out, keep it from happening, And.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm can I worried about that, you know.
Speaker 5: If you can push that long. Yeah, the people who are directly affected have graduated them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the further away from the event that you get, the more leverage they're going to have. If if the if there is some sort of slow walk attempt going here.
Speaker 7: And that is that is one of my biggest concerns is that with how long this process is taking, that the people who are fired up, who want on a Charlie the right way, because of how long it take this is taking, the voices are going to die down, and these this loud minority, They're just going to get people getting louder, and I fear that that's going to influence the the committee. So what I've been trying to do is kind of be a I guess whispering, whispering in the ears, just to make sure they're still in the right direction and that they're not gonna on a Charlie's name in a very underwhelming way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm glad you're doing that, Caleb, And you gotta let us know if we need to do anything to help spread the word there, because if they do this, it will be one of the If they attempt it in any serious form, it is going to be an outrage of epic proportions, and we will absolutely get loud because the I would say, the least that this campus could do or should do for the biggest, highest profile political assassination since the nineteen sixties in this country is to at least memorialize it properly. With the actual person whose life was lost and taken.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, can you actually can you describe?
Speaker 5: Do you know, assuming they don't sabotage it is there is there a concrete vision for what it might look like that we can anticipate.
Speaker 7: Not yet, I know. One of the memorial convenient members is a Utah senator of Senator McKay. He proposed a bench with a Bible and a microphone on it with Childie's initials on that. But other people really want a statue of Charlie, a bust of Charlie, a plaque like literally anything, And we've had nothing. We've had no concrete plans.
Speaker 3: Right now, you know what it should be. Here's here's my vote. Just thrown out an idea. Here Eric this picture too. If Charlie throwing out that hat that day she posted it with the freedom shirt and the hat coming out of his hand right where he did.
Speaker 5: That, that would be a good that.
Speaker 2: That would happen.
Speaker 5: I'd be torn between that and him, you know, at the table, prove me wrong with the.
Speaker 6: Phone in hand.
Speaker 2: That would be ready to debate both both would be a very good to me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Senator Mike Lee from the Great State of Utah has chimed in here. He says, creating a memorial to unity at Uvu instead of a memorial to Charlie Kirk would insault Charlie's memory. Family and supporters one thousand percent agree. It also downplayed Charlie's legacy and ignore what led to his assassination. The supposed call for unity comes across as hollow and manipulative. I would say, just really gross, and yeah, we're not going to fall for it. So I would say, keep us posted on this, Caleb. As soon as you hear stuff, please let us know. Please let field team know. If anything, yes, squarely, please let us know. I just want to take the last two minutes in this segment real quick.
Speaker 2: Caleb.
Speaker 3: You know you experienced something I've I've said many times, I'm so grateful I was not there that day. Unfortunately Blake was. You know, it's and also fortunately I'm glad Charlie had his team around him in that in that sense, but you were there. How has this changed you personally?
Speaker 7: It's it's fired me up. I Like I said at the Galah, this is a realization I had that this is real. Things like this that happen in our country, and it's just motivated me more to preach the right message across Tonally campus is but across the world. I'm yeah, I'm fired enough and I don't think this fog is going to die anytime soon.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. That's great.
Speaker 3: And we're hearing that, by the way, across the country, just so everybody's aware. It's like our the chapter meetings are exploding with people. You mentioned that you doubled inside your meeting size. The meetings are swelling and growing, So that's I mean.
Speaker 5: Meetings are growing, The Bible studies are growing. We should definitely expand those, keep those going. We just got an email from Kyrie who says, let the audience know if there's anything they can do to.
Speaker 6: Further the process of a UVU memorial.
Speaker 2: Well, straightforward way.
Speaker 5: If you are a Utah listener, tell your lawmakers this matters to you, you care about it. You want that to happen there and possibly on other campuses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Caleb, if there's a good email, you can get that to us and we can actually tell the audience and put it up on If there's just sort of a people a place where people can send in their thoughts and concerns or their desire for this memorial to happen. Please find that for us and we'll blast it out. And absolutely yeah, we want people to let let their voices be heard and say we want to honor Charlie the right way here. Don't don't skim around it, none of this unity stuff. Don't give into the to the leftist voices on campus. Caleb Chilcut, the president of our GPUSA UVU chapter. Caleb, you're doing a great job. Please keep that alive. You are important, Your story is important. You have a place in history now as a matter of fact, and so please guard that preciously.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, thank you, all right, we'll see you.
Speaker 7: Thank us so much.
Speaker 1: Finding a woman who shares your values, faith, family, and patriotism feels nearly impossible, but it doesn't have to be.
Speaker 2: Selective.
Speaker 3: Search America's leading matchmaking firm is changing the game. They connect strong, successful men like you, men who love God, love this country, and want a family with incredible women who share your values. These are intelligent, faith driven women who put family first and still believe in traditional values. Imagine that if you're a single conservative man in his late thirties, to early fifties in southern California.
Speaker 2: Listen up.
Speaker 3: Selective Search has an exclusive network of women ready for the real thing. Here's the best part. Their candidate program is one hundred percent free and confidential. Some of my closest friends have you Selective Search, and let me tell you, they're meeting incredible women. This is your chance. This isn't an app, it's your answer. The perfect conservative woman is out there waiting for you. So visit selective search dot com slash California today. Let the professionals introduce you to women already looking for someone like you in southern California. Don't wait for the perfect moment, take action now. Go to selective Search dot com slash California and start building the future you deserve. Meeting our turning point students and the chapter leaders is one of the best parts of this job.
Speaker 2: I heard grace.
Speaker 5: They're great, they're they're motivated, their impressive and positive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this guy was on camp. He was probably I don't I don't know where he was when everything happened, But you know, this is a truly remarkable man for having this happen on his campus, overcoming it and you see that sparking him and he realizes that he's a torchbearer of Charlie's message and his legacy from.
Speaker 6: All the way, all the way from the Antipodes in Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no less.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, it really shows the globalization of Charlie's message that we saw so much in this past year.
Speaker 3: There was actually a Sky News reporter out of Australia that always covered Charlie, and Charlie would always like, send me the leags, go like she's good, she's good.
Speaker 2: She she liked Charlie.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know better than I Charlie's global impact because you travel with him internationally.
Speaker 5: In the final month, I'll never forget how many people were recognizing him in the UK. The Starbucks barista, the guys on the security line, the random people in the airport lounge, just one thing after another.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 6: It was just constant. In the parking lot of this gas.
Speaker 5: Station, people were recognizing him and I just I did not anticipate that.
Speaker 3: I remember we had we had a what was her name, the German representative, Yeah, the ad Yeah, and she was I remember in the breaks she was so nervous to talk to try she couldn't believe she on the Charlie Kirk Show, because Charlie was such a big deal for the Conservatives in Germany and the French girls at the RNC that couldn't wait to take a selfie with Charley.
Speaker 5: One of the most important reasons we can't let ourselves get blackpill. You quickly realize how much every other conservative on planet Earth looks towards American conservatism because it's where we're vital. We're coming up with new ideas. We're aggressive or energetic. You can do things in America. I love that you can do things.
Speaker 2: You can just do things. You can just do things.
Speaker 3: Uh, there's a hot mic moment that is going around and it's making waves on social media.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and play it from President Trump.
Speaker 3: Hot Mike, you know I can.
Speaker 2: I can't appoint everybody. I'm expired. And then.
Speaker 3: So if you couldn't hear what he said, he says, you know, I can't appoint anybody. Every everybody I've appointed their time is expired. Then they're in default. Then we're losing.
Speaker 2: Bake.
Speaker 5: Explain this, Yeah, it's it's what we were complaining about with Charlie. Actually just going into this fall, that there's so many nominees to important positions, that there's so many appointees in general in the federal government. I think there's several thousand people at this point who are supposed to be directly appointed by the president. Start with the Secretary, is, the undersecretary, is the assistant under just keeps going down, all the ambassadors, and I think in that specific clip, Trump was complaining about his US attorney nominations.
Speaker 2: A lot of those have been sat on, so he has what's behind that.
Speaker 5: I think in a lot of those cases, I think Congress specifically dislikes some of the picks and so they wish Trump would pick somebody else.
Speaker 2: Senate.
Speaker 5: So yes, it's all of these are Senate confirmed. The House doesn't vote on these things. The Senate wants somebody else, so they're pouting and sitting on them. I think there's a lot of that going on, and it's causing problems because there's a limit to how long a person can serve temporarily. The Trump administration has they've tried to come up with some legal maneuver around US and courts have generally been striking that down. I won't get into all of that, but bigger picture, when this clip came out, you and I were talking, there's so many positions that have gone unfilled where they've started to accelerate them, where they started to do those block votes on nominees this fall. Yet there's still hundreds of people. And so the example you and I were talking about was Jeremy carl author of the Unprotected.
Speaker 2: Class, was Charlie's show.
Speaker 5: Charlie loved him. He was really excited to get him into the Admin. This is one of the nominations he really personally fought for. I believe he was nominated to be Assistant Secretary of State for International Organizations. I'm I think he'd probably end up working with Under Secretary Sarah Rodgers, who we had on this show, and she only she took forever to get in. She was nominated I think in February and hearing in April, only got confirmed in October. There's way too much of this. There is no excuse for us to have a Republican Senate with a Republican president with a time limit of four total years where you're guaranteed to have power, two total years where you're guaranteed to have a Senate that can confirm people and to just be sitting on nominations.
Speaker 2: I am sorry. Ram them through absolutely.
Speaker 3: And and by the way, this blue slip thing, which is actually what that hot hot mic moment was about, I mean, Charlie leveled into the US Senate and listen, we like Chuck Grassley, but I mean, what's chuck Chuck Grassy is like late eighties ninety for he is a very like We respect Chuck Grassley. Look, he's a great American what ninety two, But we are playing in a whole different reality than what Chuck Grassley's probably his memory the world that that formed him is long gone.
Speaker 6: The world has changed.
Speaker 5: The left has gotten incredibly aggressive and expansive about what they would like to do. The bare minimum we can do is allow the person I mean Erica elected to stop.
Speaker 2: This to have his dudes well.
Speaker 3: And by the way, the admin JD said this, he said, we cannot keep electing politicians that are promising policies on immigration, for example, and then saying that the judges are just going to overturn this. You cannot do that over and over again without the people eventually becoming quite radicalized. What the people want, the people get when the people elect people like President Trump and JD. Vance to fix our border issues, to fix our immigration issues, or whatever, law and order, and then constantly this is getting sidetracked because we can't get appointees through or whatever because of a blue slip antiquated process which is supposed to be gentlemanly and a collegial within the US Senate, when they are when they are weaponizing old traditions where there's no rule, there's no constitutional order man politics, it's literally just a tradition, and that is getting in the way. Why this is so important and and we're just talking with the Chapter President of UVU, and I'm thinking about Charlie right now. Charlie left it all out on the field, literally and physically and in every conceivable way to get President Trump elected, to get majorities in the House and in the Senate. We have that we have what we work so hard for, and for that to get then sidetracked and postponed, delayed, or completely blocked because we run out of time is an insult to everything that we did the lead up to twenty twenty four, and it's an insult result to self.
Speaker 5: Defeating If we lose next year, one of The biggest factors will be didn't confirm enough people, didn't get enough things done, didn't fulfill enough of the promises.
Speaker 3: Absolutely unacceptable that this is still getting in the way. Abolish the blue slip. It's time we are not dealing with a good face blue slip.
Speaker 6: Ram through the hearings, ram through the nominees.
Speaker 2: For more on many of these stories and news you can trust, go to Charlikirk dot com.