Speaker 1: My name is Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 2: I run the largest pro American student organization in the country, fighting for the future of our republic.
Speaker 3: My call is to fight evil and to proclaim truth.
Speaker 2: If the most important thing for you is just feeling good, you're gonna end up miserable. But if the most important thing is doing good, you'll end up purposeful.
Speaker 3: College is a scam, everybody.
Speaker 4: You got to stop sending your kids to college.
Speaker 2: You should get married as young as possible and have as many kids as possible.
Speaker 3: Go start at turning point.
Speaker 4: You would say college chapter.
Speaker 2: Go start aturning point, yould say high school chapter. Go find out how your church can get involved.
Speaker 4: Sign up and become an activist.
Speaker 2: I gave my life to the Lord in fifth grade, most important decision I ever made in my life, and I encourage you to do the same.
Speaker 3: Here I am.
Speaker 1: Lord, Use me.
Speaker 2: Buckle up, everybody, Here we go. The Charlie Kirk Show is proudly sponsored by Preserved Gold, leading gold and silver experts and the only precious metals company I recommend to my family, friends and viewers.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome to the Charlie Kirk Show. It's the last show before Christmas. I'm your host for today, Andrew Colvett, joined by Blake nef who's in the studio.
Speaker 5: What are you wearing, Andrew?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm wearing the dude buds. Yes, yes, Jack, you got a sweater on. Blake, you do not have a sweater on, because I forgot to tell you that I was wearing my ugly Christmas sweater today.
Speaker 5: I don't think I even own a sweater. I live in Phoenix.
Speaker 4: Blake, you literally didn't get the Christmas water memo. I don't understand what's going on here.
Speaker 3: No, No, this is gonna pick it at a larger scab about Andrew's terrible communication internally. So it was just it was just a vibe that I felt this morning. You know, my kids were all like still in their jammies their Christmas Jammy is they call?
Speaker 4: So you are you wearing pajama at the bottoms right now? Don't tell us?
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm wearing jeans. I'm wearing jeans, thankfu. Although Charlie two lies truth, Charlie Blake can attest. Charlie used to always come into the studio with the He would have you know, business on the top and then shorts on the bottom. Yeah, basketball shorts. Yeah, that and the long socks because they were good for circulation.
Speaker 4: For the circulation, yeah, there, the vascular vascular socks.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: I wore those socks on because he advertises so much.
Speaker 5: I wore them.
Speaker 6: I think when I had to fly to Korea. It was like a fifteen hour flight, and I wore them. And I think I was about nine hours in and I just said, I can't take this anymore and I rolled back.
Speaker 3: That's good for airplanes, though, no, it is. It's good for airplanes. Listen. So we've got a jam packed show. We figured let's just throw the kitchen sink at it today and we're gonna have a lot of guests. So we've start off with Jack Basoba, Coast of Human Events Dale. We're gonna talk Epstein because with all the craziness around Amfest and just kind of processing Amfest in our straw poll, we have not I mean I personally, I have not had a chance to really dive in. So Jack's gonna be our expert on that and kind of give us the updates on that. I saw that there's a third tranch of files from the DOJ following the passage of that law. Then we're gonna have Sean Davis. He's gonna talk about the family business that was on full display at Amfest. And then we've got Steven Moore who's going to talk about economics and the great GDP news that came out this morning. And then we're gonna finish with Bata Ungar Sargon. She's now a News Nation anchor and I'm going to try and convince her that Jade Vance is the man, and she's got her skepticism. So we're going to talk through that. So Jack, without further ado, just thirty thousand foot view for us, what's going on with Epstein? How do we get here? What have we learned?
Speaker 4: Okay, So this is the response to that legislation that was by the House a while back. It was a bipartisan piece of legislation regarding the Epstein files, which some of us, like myself, have been calling for since day one of President Trump returning to the White House. And what we've got now are actual files coming out. Now, what we have today, this is there. So there were files released during Amfest because of course, it couldn't be a turning point event without Epstein files getting released. Separately, and then now we've got more Epstein files that are being released as part of this trunch. And I believe that one of the things that's going on right now is that a lot of these files that are coming out, these are investigative files. These are things that came up as evidence. And there are a lot of redactions in these, some of which were told are redactions for victims on personal information that people don't want out for those who aren't being accused of a crime, or people who are, like I said, the victims of Epstein and of his network, and potentially even under depending on who it is. Obviously we can't tell in many of these cases. But there are so many more files that are coming out, and also that people are saying. There have been back and forth of the DJ. They said, wait a minute, you've put some stuff out, then you put out other stuff and redacted. So there are people even respect this is a very live situation where people are responding to the DOJ release legally and saying, hey, I want that redacted, Hey I want that redacted. So that being said, what we do actually have, I'm just going to say it, these photos that are released are absolutely disgusting. They make me sick to my stomach looking at some of these. I talked about this on Newsmachs last night that when there were people, there have been a lot of people. So there's been this narrative that like, Okay, Epstein maybe wasn't involved in like really bad stuff, and maybe it's all just overblown. No, No, it's actually disgusting, and there's a lot of photos. It just has to be said truthfully. There are a lot of photos of him with Bill Clinton, Bill Clinton in a hot tub, Him and Bill Clinton on planes, Him and Bill Clinton wearing you know, matching matching shirts of some kind at like some kind of party. So again, what you're not finding are images of Donald Trump in a hot tub. And so the Democrats are sitting there going like, wait, what's you know, what's what's happening, because we were told Trump would be the one in there. And yes, there were some time there were some instances where they said, okay, we found some records of Trump flying on the plane. But what was interesting is, of course not only did they still not find Trump find just be truthful, they did not find Trump flying to the island, but Trump was also flying on the plane with his family, so like with his wife and children. So again like not a situation where we're hopefully anything on tour.
Speaker 3: Those were those were mostly in the nineties, right Jack, So oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, this is way way, way, like we're talking thirty thirty, forty years ago in some instances, so where it's like just or thirty years ago, so instances where long before any of these, any of his crimes had come to life, long before I mean know the rest of the story. We've been over it so many times, where he was evicted from mar A Lago for his behavior, and then Trump actually goes to the lawyers of the victims to say, how can I help you to put this guy away? Because he's a bad guy. And what we're seeing again over and over are pictures of him of Epstein, as well as some emails with Prince or i should say former Prince Andrew. A fake passport is something that just came out, which is something that's really interesting. I mean, this is happening all live. It was an Austrian passport, talked about businesses in West Africa and Saudi Arabia. I mean really just a lot of just a lot of random things that are coming out like crazy.
Speaker 3: Right now, let's go ahead and get President Trump was asked about this. Let's play one ninety one.
Speaker 7: I know there are a lot of people that are angry about all of the pictures of other people, you know, but I think it's sterile. Look, no, I don't like the pictures of Bill Clinton being shown. I don't like the pictures of other people being shown. I think it's a terrible thing. I think Bill Lyndon's a big boy, he can handle it.
Speaker 8: But you probably have pictures being exposed of other people that innocently met Jeffrey Epstein years ago, many years ago, and they're you know, highly respected bankers and lawyers and others, and they'll end up because of guys like Massiew's a real low life. What this whole thing is with Epstein is a way of trying to deflect from the tremendous success that the Republican Party has.
Speaker 3: You know, this feels pretty consistent with Trump's original kind of objection to this, you know, and we have to remember that if they had something on Trump, it would have been weaponized by the Biden administration, you know, ten times over. So or this does.
Speaker 5: Turn that around. Yeah, if they have something on Clinton.
Speaker 6: I feel like the Trump admin would probably want to He has a big, pretty big beef with the Clintons.
Speaker 3: I'm well, actually Trump Trump is saying, listen, I've always gotten along with Bill. He's been good to me. I've been good to him. I actually don't kind of getting inside the psyche of President Trump, I actually don't think he has like a bone to pick with Bill Clinton per se. Maybe Hillary more so, but yeah, I think Trump Trump knows a lot of these guys, kind of knows the situation that some of the innocent ones are put in. It just feels like he's being consistent. But you know, the admin was pressured, you know, he takes a shot at Thomas Massey right there to be more transparent. So he's doing He's doing what he's got to do politically. But I think he actually seems to be fairly disgusted with the fact that one of the act here.
Speaker 4: Well, one thing I was to mention is there is a very strange letter to Larry Nasser. Larry Nasser, who we know also went to prison and is in prison for these same type of crimes, that Epstein wrote a letter to him saying as you know by now I have taken the short route home. Good luck. We shared one thing, our love and caring for young ladies and the hope they'd reach their full potential. And then he also he makes a Lewde reference to Trump, and then he writes life is unfair.
Speaker 3: So what I love about Balance of Nature's Whole Health System is getting a wide variety of whole food ingredients into my diet, into my routine, and it makes it so easy. What sets them apart is you know, the ingredients are well sourced, they're healthy, they're exactly what your body needs, and again it makes it very easy. Balance of Nature's Whole Health System supplements are versatile. The Fiber and Spice supplement mixes easily into drinks, adds warm aromatic depth with its spice blends. You can also open your Fruits and Veggie supplement and mix powder into a smoothie or sprinkle it over your food. And they feature ingredients like silium, husk, flax seed, cinnamon, turmeric, mango, pineapple, wild blueberries, chataki, mushroom, spinach, kale, KaiA and pepper, and more. The supplements include forty seven ingredients of a one hundred percent whole fruits, vegetable spices and fibers, perfect for your daily routine. So get fifty percent off the whole health system for life with this limited time offer.
Speaker 2: Go to Balance in nature dot com use discount code Charlie.
Speaker 3: New and existing customers can lock in whole health system. It's seventy nine ninety nine per order for life. Pretty good deal. Check it out now Balance of Nature dot com. Blake Nef is threatening to upset everybody in the audience. I don't know if we're ready for that yet, but why don't we just start here? Let's go one ninety nine. This is Joe Scarborough on his reaction to the Epstein files.
Speaker 9: One of the great mysteries to me and a lot of other people is we've had reporting for some time Donald Trump is not on Epstein's list. There's nothing in there that's really damning about Donald Trump. And as Susie Wilde says, not damning about Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Are Bill Clinton.
Speaker 9: So one of the great mysteries all along in this not been like, what's Donald Trump hiding?
Speaker 1: What did he do?
Speaker 5: Da da da da say?
Speaker 9: Why if he's not in these files, which all the reporting says he's not Why is he so obsessed on blocking access to the files? Is he trying to protect somebody?
Speaker 3: So I mean, what do you think.
Speaker 6: I guess what I would say is I feel like that's actually the case for a lot of the people in this I'm seeing the stuff that's going viral, and what a lot of this is.
Speaker 5: It's photographs of people.
Speaker 6: Hanging out and then they black out the faces and that's used to create the implication there's a super savage, sinister crime. But what you will basically just have is you have Bill Clinton getting photos with people, you have Bill Gates getting photos with people, you have people having photos with Epstein. And I think it gets back to what President Trump said, which I think is reasonable. He's pointed out a lot of people met Epstein. He was a huge socialite. And when you just release a giant pile of photographs you can of someone who's become an infamous figure, you basically tar everyone by association. And I guess I would caution everyone to take a step back and think, what do we really have proof of what has actually been litigated in court? Because, for example, a lot of these cases when they have gone to court, people have either they've gone to court, like Alan Dershowitz was able to sue Virginia Guffrey and she had to admit she just was lying about him. Or we have cases where a lot of this has been a funny pattern that's been going on throughout the case this year, where a lot of the victims have just been saying they've been saying, release the names, release the names, but they won't name names themselves. And I think a justifiable reason for skepticism there is they don't want to name names themselves because they actually don't have evidence, and they're basically worried about getting sued for defamation, and they wanted others to do the work for them to justify allegations that they could kind of get away with making without being as facing as much risk of actual defamation.
Speaker 5: It just the whole thing feels very off to me.
Speaker 3: Jack, you're kind of a contrarian voice in this space a little bit as well. I mean, I mean, where would you put yourself on the spectrum of Like he was this mastermind international pedophile ring leader with compromide on the world's leaders versus he was just kind of like a kinky, gross, disgusting like sex you know, pass that was connected to a few international leaders. Maybe he was working with the CIA, Masad whatever where. Like, there's so many options of what the truth is here, it's hard to make sense of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, I see what the DOJ is putting out, but I also watch Mike Ben's and all the stuff that he's putting out as well. He's very well documented these links between Epstein and intelligence. He talks about his connections to Iran Contra, his connections to ad Non Koshogi, the money that was being runner around. Yes, that's right, the father of Jamal Koshogi, and so's it's really interesting when you look at some of this stuff and the networks that he was in, and then certainly there are questions on who was running who was he an asset? Was he an operative? But I really do think that there's a lot more to this than I think than meets the eye. But when it comes to what Blake is saying, I can appreciate what Blake saying because when you go to court, you absolutely need evidence and you need to be able to stand these things up on evidence. So what I would also say, though, is if the DJ has this evidence, then we should put it out or at least make it available to any of the victims should they want to sue. And I believe that a number of the victims are getting restitution from the Estate of Epstein, and I think they deserve that. But if there are people out there, like former Prince Andrew or others who are involved in crimes, then absolutely you have to use the evidence. Like that's the whole point. We have the government. This whole point, we have the Department of Justice. You investigate the crimes. You don't make the victim have to investigate themselves, right, that's the point. That's why we have the government.
Speaker 3: Jack, one more question here before we got to go, what do you make of this video that was circulating around Yesda it seemed to show and the timestamp lined up with his suicide or murder. However you want to look at it, whether it showed him potentially committing suicide that you checked into that, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that ended up being a recreation that was not an actual video. That was something that possibly was done as a recreation, CGI kind of thing to say, you know, if he did it, here's a way he possibly anatomically could have done it. Possibly something they were looking at during the autopsy. Different things like that can be created when you're ongoing.
Speaker 3: Because it was but I think it was in the DJ file. It was in the you could actually access it online. It was very interesting. Yeah, I guess it was a recreation. Jack Mesobic, thanks for walking us through that. Lots of lots to pars through their human events daily. Check out his show every day at two pm Eastern. Merry Christmas, Jack, thanks for everything you're doing.
Speaker 4: Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: Candles were lit on Bondai Beach by families, by children, by people of faith to celebrate a festival of Light, a festival from Bible Times, one that Jesus himself celebrated. People gathered with hope, seeking unity and comfort and tradition, but instead of light, there was darkness, violence, fear, hatred showing itself at a time meant for prayer and rejoicing. Times like this remind us that even with the ceasefire in Israel, Jewish people are being targeted simply because of their faith, and times like this remind us why the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews exists to stand in the gap, providing safety and security to God's people. The Fellowship brings together Christians and Jews to be a light to suffering Jews in Israel, the former Soviet Union, or wherever the needs are greatest. Together we can make a real difference in the lives of those who need hope the most. Your gift today will help provide the security that God's people so desperately need. Visit URGENTIFCJ dot org. That's one word, URGENTIFCJ dot org. Or call now at eight six six three three eight IFCJ that's eight six six three three eight four three two five. All right, without further ado, We're going to talk some family business with Sean Davis. He is the right guy to do it because you know, there's a lot of Johnny Come Lately's, there's a lot of there's a lot of new blood in the movement, and that's a good thing. But sometimes they don't know how the They don't know how the sausage is made. They don't know how the coalition came together in the first point in the first part. So Sean Davis from the Federalists, one of the good guys out there. Man, does he know how to tweak the left? Sean, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I tried to get you to go to Amfest, but you were adamant that you had other plans. It's not for me to divulge what you were doing instead of coming to Amfest. But I wanted to get you. I mean, if you want to go there, it's fine with It's fine with me. But something to do with Bambie I don't know. But if if you were on the outside looking in and Amfest, you got to see all the reactions to it, the reactions of the speeches, to the disagreements, all of these things I want. I wanted your help to make sense of it. Sean, what what do you make of the reactions? But the good and the bad?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was up in a tree stand hunting, not Bamby, but Bambi's dad last week, which was awesome, got him.
Speaker 3: Good. I saw the fruits of your labor, and I'm impressed. I'm impressed.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be delicious.
Speaker 10: I got to tell you what I've always loved about Amfest. I love the energy. I love the number of people you can get in there. Just like the logistical feat of pulling something like that off, let alone in a year like this really blows my mind.
Speaker 1: But the thing that I have.
Speaker 10: Always loved about it, about Charlie in particular and kind of the whole TPUSA vibe, is how ecumenical it is. He will have or had people all the time where I was like, Yeah, I don't really like that guy, and then there'd.
Speaker 1: Be people who would be like, oh, yeah, that guy's awesome.
Speaker 10: And I think that's kind of what makes the movement great, is that we don't have to always agree on everything all the time for the same reasons, and so I like having the people up there who can disagree, who can do it respectfully, because the whole point here is to build a coalition and that can win elections and then do what needs to be done to save our country. So that's what I loved about AMPS this year in particular, after everything that's happened, is it would have been easy to just retreat in on yourself and become very kind of self referential and self focused, and instead the focus state on the country and the movement and everyone who's within it, even the people I don't agree with all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well said I mean, and Blake, I want to bring you in for this as well. I mean, there just seems to be though this there's a rising tide of voices that are calling for denouncing certain voice to other people that they want to see the disavow very publicly. They want to see. You know, it just seems like we hadn't been in that that posture, you hadn't heard as much of that tone, and all of a sudden there's there's a lot of voices saying we got to disavow this, we gotta say this, we gotta we gotta block this, and I think a lot of it is a proxy war with JD ahead of twenty twenty eight. But I leave it to you guys, Blake, you first, what do you make of this this? I mean, because you you have a you have a little bit of sympathy I think for that as well. But you're you're much more reserve, reserved and restrained.
Speaker 5: Well, I think I think you want to you have to divorce.
Speaker 6: I think demands that you disavow, that you exclude someone aggressively.
Speaker 5: I we know how.
Speaker 6: Charlie had a lot of resistance to that, understandably, so he hated what he called moral blackmail.
Speaker 5: That was the line he used uh, But I.
Speaker 6: Don't think we saw too much of that. I think we saw a lot of people trying to characterize it that way. But I think what we saw was you saw an aggressive posture about how what we should be talking about, what we should care about most, uh, what is good or bad behavior? I think, I know, let's just stay the elephant in the room. A lot of people are reacting specifically to what Ben Shapiro said immediately after Erica spoke, and I don't think Ben was saying we need to aggressively cancel people. I think he was saying he was disappointed in how a lot of people had.
Speaker 5: Handled certain topics.
Speaker 6: And I think in response to that, many people said, oh, he's trying to cancel us. I think Ben was going about it in the way Ben does. Ben is a very blunt guy. He's going to say exactly what he means and exactly what he's angry about. And I think that's going to some people are going to really like that. Some people are going to find it really irritating, and that's just that's part of his brand. That's been his brand for a decade. But I think on the ground, among attendees, we saw a lot of people who frankly, they enjoyed what Ben said and what Megan said, what Tucker said, And I think that's really how a lot of the bass feels.
Speaker 5: I think the people who are getting angry enough to.
Speaker 6: Boot others out are kind of a pretty small slice of the coalition overall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're loud online though, right, Sean. I mean that's why I wanted to get your perspective in because to Blake's point, there was there was people in the audience that like, what what are we fighting about? That? People had no idea like that. There was that there was like a you know, a kind of a family business fight happening, right uh. And then you had people that were like, we we actually did a show hands and our members podcast room, and we said who likes Ben's approach? And about half the hands went up? And then we're like, who likes Tucker's approach? About half the hands went up. So it was like it was a very mixed crowd, a very mixed reception to that. And to Blake's point, I didn't hear Ben saying we need to cancel people. Ben was just saying, you know, here here are my lines, here are my lines in the sand, you know, take him or leave him. And you know he wasn't calling us to cancel people either. He was just sort of festivus for the rest of us. He was airing his grievances in a public place, and you know that was his Yeah, we don't, we don't. We don't tell anybody what to say actually at these things. So you from the outside, but there is this loud contingent on x and other forums that are saying it's time to sort of excommunicate this or that or this person or that person.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I mean that's to be expected online. This is politics, and politics is all about getting your way so that someone else who you disagree with can't get their way. So like that's it's just kind of part and parcel of how politics works.
Speaker 5: Again, what I have.
Speaker 10: Always liked is the ecumenicalism of TPOSA and the movement in general. And like my personal philosophy on this is, if you're within the movement, define it as loosely as you like. If you're putting points on the board, if you are bringing people to the table and you're moving the ball where we need to go, I'm good with you. Even if I might disagree with you on a whole bunch of stuff, and that goes for Tucker and Megan and you and Ben Shapiro and Nicki Minaj or anyone else. If you were rowing with us and you're not actively trying to hurt the movement and hurt the country, there's a there's there's a lot that I can tolerate of disagreement, and so I think it's good to have that. And the other thing to recognize is we're never going to agree with everyone all the time. I don't agree with my wife on everything all the time. I don't agree with my kids on everything all the time. I have debates in my own head with myself on issues back and forth. So like it's hard to get full agreement with people you know and love and care about a trillion percent, imagine how much more difficult it is going to be to agree with everyone all the time, people who you don't know, with different backgrounds and different priorities. And then you talk about kind of like the online nature, and there really.
Speaker 1: Is such a big divide.
Speaker 10: If you live your entire life on the internet with the screen in front of you, you are going to have a very different perspective of where the country is than if you don't do that. And it obviously, you know, Twitter or x isn't real life, but it can be reflective of it. So I don't want to dismiss the online debates because they're important and they do they do mean something and they represent real people. But it's important to be out there talking to normal people, talking to people who are not online, who are not political obsessives, because as much as it may pain people like us to hear we are political obsessives, most people are not like us.
Speaker 1: They don't look at.
Speaker 10: The world through the lens that we look through it. And so it's just great to have thirty thousand people, especially young people, who are forming their own worldview and their own opinions and getting their perspective, and when they are out there saying the people who were there, yeah, yeah, half of us liked it and half of us didn't. That seems to me like you've struck a pretty good balance on how to represent the whole of the movement.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, I think that's you're echoing so much of what Jad said in his speech. You know, I let's go ahead and play some sound from him. One twenty five, all of you, each and everyone.
Speaker 6: President Trump did not build the greatest coalition in politics by running.
Speaker 4: His supporters through endless, self.
Speaker 3: Defeating purity tests.
Speaker 10: He says, make a America great again, because every American is invited.
Speaker 3: We don't care if you're white or black, rich or poor, young or old. And he keeps going on, right he he He made this point a lot of times. And it's not that he didn't put boundaries in this speech. I mean he he basically he condemned anti semitism, He condemned racism, anti white racism, anti Asian racism, and lifted up merit merit, merit merit. So I sort of just wonder if people, you know, if they if he didn't straight up say I condemn Nick Fuentes in this speech. I wonder if anybody would have been like that crowd would have been happy. You know, he didn't have to say some people's names.
Speaker 5: Which he doesn't. Did condemn him by name the next day, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean because he came after his wife, right, So JD put a big line in the sand on that and that front. But like listen, I think the message was clear. I think ninety percent of people heard it, but I think there's a loud minority online that is just not going to be happy until you know everybody's getting like, you know, going full Ben Shapiro on taking a howitzer to everybody else in the movement. Yeah.
Speaker 10: So I think it's when people are doing that, they are pretending to be mad about mad at him about one thing, when they're actually mad about another thing. And with JD, foreign policy is the main thing. JD is not an interventionist, he's not a neocon. He's very much a realist and someone who having been involved in America's wars personally understands that, you know, we need to be a lot more circumspective about how we get in. And so when people go after him, it's really a proxy battle over foreign policy. And I think a lot of people, honestly, I wish they were just more honest about what the real issue is, rather than trying to pretend it's something else.
Speaker 11: This is Lane Schomberger, chief investment officer and founding partner of REFI. It has been an honor and a privilege to partner with Turning Point and for Charlie to endorse us. His endorsement means the world to us, and we look forward to continuing our partnership with Turning Point for years to come. Now Here Charlie in his own words, tell you about y Refi.
Speaker 2: I'm want to tell you guys about hyrefight dot com. That is why are e f y dot com. Y refi is incredible private student loan debt in America told us about three hundred billion dollars. Y refy is refinancing distress or defaulted private student loans. You can finally take control of your student loan situation with a plan that works for your monthly budget. Go to yrefight dot com. That is why refight dot com. Do you have a co borrower, why ref i can get them released from the loan. You're going to skip a payment up to twelve times without penalty. It may not be available at all fifty states. Go to yrefight dot com. That is why are e f y dot com. Let's face it, if you have distress or default the student loans, it can be overwhelming because of privacuit loan debt. So many people feel stuck. Go to y refight dot com. That is y r e f y dot com privately student loan debt relief wyrefi dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, we have some serious things to talk about right now. Blake and Sean. The question before you what is your favorite Christmas movie? And is die Hard a Christmas movie? The eternal debate.
Speaker 5: Let's Sean go first.
Speaker 10: So I for a nostalgia Steake, I love a Christmas story. My kids hate it. I love it. It's what I grew up watching. I will say no, die Hard is not a Christmas movie. And the thing that perplexes me to this day what do they do in having a work party on Christmas Eve?
Speaker 1: It's crazy, It's crazy.
Speaker 6: It was a Christmas party. It was their Christmas party for the office. But yeah, it was way too late. It is too late my favorite Christmas movie? First of all, say Diehard definitely not a Christmas movie. It came out in the summer. It's just a movie set during Christmas. That is not the same. And then I would say my favorite you know, you don't hear about it as much. I think I might fall back on on Home Alone.
Speaker 5: Home Alone is a really good movie.
Speaker 6: It's got really good Christmas themes, not just the funny stuff, the stuff with the man with his daughter, his a strange son. That stuff is really beautiful to watch as an adult. I didn't appreciate it as much as a kid. I really love that stuff.
Speaker 5: I should watch it again.
Speaker 3: This is Christmas. Oh, I have the dude abides Christmas sweater. Yes, that is the dude from Big Lebowski. You can judge me all you want, but the dude abides. Yes. Diehard is a Christmas movie. Yes, it was released in the summer, but it was a set on Christmas eve. Man, It's like it's perfectly situated. It lives eternally. This is why every Christmas it's on the Christmas watch lists streaming.
Speaker 6: No, this is like a gen x irony thing, like it's funny to go haha.
Speaker 5: It's set during Christmas.
Speaker 6: It's technically a Christmas movie, but it's just it is a movie set during Christmas. It doesn't have any Christmas themes about yes, damn.
Speaker 3: Come on reuniting with his wife. I mean they're like.
Speaker 6: Movie way like the lesson of Diehard is then like you can you can like get back with your wife by killing a bunch of terrorists.
Speaker 5: Not like that. Everyone knows that, you know, getting over your hang ups or something.
Speaker 3: You know it's oh my god. Well listen, I gotta take your shoes Blank for Studio agrees with me, and yeah, Posto's chiming into. He says, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is a Christmas movie.
Speaker 10: I gotta take your shoes on irony thing that that's a millennial affectation. Gen X doesn't do faux irony. That's very much a millennial thing effect.
Speaker 1: Well, how dare you think?
Speaker 3: Right here? So the but my favorite Christmas movie is absolutely It's a wonderful life and I love I love like the nineteen eighties what is it nineteen eighty three Christmas Carol or something. I forget what I forget. I just I know we have it on the the we bought it, so we watch it. I forget which one it is, but it was like the nineteen eighties one and my daughter actually loves it and she's seven, and it's so I like watching it with her. That's my whole plan. Everybody's like, what are you doing this Christmas? I'm watching Christmas movies. As soon as I'm done today, I'm clocking out, turning the phone off. We're doing hot cocoa and pajamas and we're watching Christmas movies. I plan to gain at least four pounds.
Speaker 6: Hot coco to insulate yourself from the cold sixty five degree wins of Santa Barbara.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, listen, I'm trying to I'm trying to stay warm. I will tell you so, Hey, Sean, let me know what you think here. So, I think a lot of these battles just sorry, I got to make it serious for the last three minutes we have here. A lot of these battles are just a proxy about foreign policy. Why is that issue in particular? Is it just because the military industrial complex? Is it because there's so much money involved? It's like, you know, people's tribalism on display. What what drives the foreign policy debate? When we have a whole country to govern? Why is that always such a big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's such a good question. Obviously.
Speaker 10: I think the money involved is a big thing. You know, how many trillions of dollars did we spend in Iraq and Afghanistan? And then when those were finally wound down, it magically was transferred to like half a trillion dollars to Ukraine. Now we're suddenly talking about maybe regime change in Venezuela, which obviously would be a terrible idea. So money is a huge thing. I also think there is a very large I don't want to say it's totally moral blackmail, but people really enjoy patting themselves on the back for being compassionate and willing to spend other people's lives and other people's money to do things which they think are morally right to do. It's kind of the COVID nannying, but taken to a foreign policy extent. Oh, I'm not doing this to help myself. I'm trying to keep you safe. I think there is a large segment of people who really really enjoy the moralizing aspect of it, almost like the stolen moral valor aspect of it. I think it's that plus the plus the money. And then also there are people who just genuinely think we need to be involved everywhere. Why are we big and powerful and why do we have this role if we're not just gonna go be the world police.
Speaker 1: I think there are people who legitimately believe that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, Charlie used to rail against people being fixated and fascinated about foreign abstractions. It's somehow I think Honestly, when you get into a position of power or political office, it's easier to sort of think about others far and away and ignore the problems right at your doorstep because those are harder and and you know it might reflect poorly on your own self. So blake take us home.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I think Sean's exactly right. People do get they get fixated on these big, abstract thing I think, honestly, it's almost I think it's a lot of people who get into politics and get into government are kind of nerds and dorks and they remember being kids and they liked the idea, Oh, I'm moving these like big the I can move these armies. It'd be so cool if I was Alexander the Great. It'd be so cool if I was Napoleon. And then they get into government and they kind of get to fill these fantasies. That sounds like the wrong word gods when that comes to mind. Yeah, god complex or just self importance, a lot of self importance. And you certainly see that in DC all the time, and it's really annoying.
Speaker 3: And this Christmas season, we remember that Jesus came to earth. He's God and we are not him. So that's our message to all the godlike complex folks. Thanks Sean, we'll see soon.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 10: For more on many of these stories and news you can trust, go to Charliekirk dot com