Speaker 1: My name is Charlie Kirk. I run the largest pro American student organization in the country, fighting for the future of our republic. My call is to fight evil and to proclaim truth. If the most important thing for you is just feeling good, you're gonna end up miserable. But if the most important thing is doing good, you'll end up purposeful. College is a scam, everybody. You got to stop sending your kids to college. You should get married as young as possible and have as many kids as possible. Go start at turning point, you would say, college chapter. Go start at turning point, you say high school chapter. Go find out how your church can get involved. Sign up and become an activist. I gave my life to the Lord in fifth grade, most important decision I ever made in my life, and I encourage you to do the same. Here I am.
Speaker 2: Lord, Use me.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, everybody, Here we go. The Charlie Kirk Show is proudly sponsored by Preserved Gold, leading gold and silver experts and the only precious metals company I recommend to my family, friends and viewers.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome to the Charlie Kirk Show. It is January thirteenth, twenty twenty six. We are here in studio. I'm Andrew Covid, executive producer of this show, joined by Blake Nef, the one and only Blake Neff, And today we mourn the loss of another great American and that is Scott Adams. I just saw that. Jd Vance actually just tweeted something moments before we came on the air. Scott Adams was a true American original and a great ally to the President of the United States and the entire administration. My prayers go to Scott and all of you who loved him. We lost one of the good ones, but we'll never forget him.
Speaker 4: And yeah, it's a lot of a lot of newspaper comic artists are not going to get a tribute like that.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when Charles Schultz died? I do, but just vaguely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was the Peanut Sky. Yes, he was a great American icon, but that's the only one I can really think of.
Speaker 3: That's God. Yeah, I mean so he Scott Adams of course created Dilbert in nineteen eighty nine, and he it was incredible because you know, obviously we were too young to kind of understand, you know, I was too young. Blake wasn't even born yet, you know, it was too young to understand this rise of corporate culture and workplace cubicle culture. And he gave voice through this comic to the quiet frustrations of working men and women that were working their way up filtrations. But also it was it was deeply funny. It was deeply funny. It was the hapless engineer protagonist as it was described, and a bunch of dysfunctional colleagues, and you know, it was a cultural phenomenon. It became a cultural phenomenon that people would talk about at the workplace or at the water cooler, or when they're getting coffee at work, you know. And that's why he ultimately created Coffee with Scott Adams. It was originally called Real Coffee with Scott Adams, and it became a phenomenon that many people too into daily and to just get a dose of his you know, his contrarian thinking. He had a unique blend of insight, humor, wit, and an optimism. He was an optimist, he genuinely was. And he was one of the first people to sort of take President Trump seriously, one of the first mainstream people to take President Trump seriously. And he paid politically for that, and he paid in his career for that as well. A lot of papers around the country ended up removing Scott Adams the Over cartoon from their papers. Yeah, and they you know, and here's what they'll do, by the way, this is what they're gonna do is the same thing that they did with Charlie. Is they're going to cherry pick a few things that Scott maybe said or take it out of context. They're gonna like remove all the other context and say that Scott Adams was this bad person or whatever. No, Scott Adams was just great.
Speaker 4: What he was was he was a man in the arena, just like Charlie, where oh, if you go out there and say things, Oh, there's a risk someone might not like what you say, you might be in articulate at some point. It's just disgusting. I want us to throw up. This is one of my favorites. Let's put up two forty nine.
Speaker 3: Uh, this is just you didn't have comics like this before.
Speaker 4: They're not comics read it first like this. So it's the point. He heard boss talking to Dilbert. My boss says we need some Unich programmers. I think he means Unix, not Unux. I already and I already know Unix. If the company or drops by, tell her, I said, never mine at the company nurses.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think you would have seen you would not have seen a comic strip like I keep saying, Yeah, a comic strip like that in Uh.
Speaker 3: It was. It was cathartic, it was. It was syndicated worldwide, by the way, that's what's amazing about it syndicated worldwide. So it was a phenomenon of the workplace that emerged in the eighties and nineties, probably in the seventies. And what people also probably don't know about Scott has he authored a bunch of best selling books on persuasion, persuasion systems, thinking personal success. It's just really great act. Why we talked to Scott on the phone. I never met him in person. I talked to him on the phone a couple of times. I was on the phone with Scott and Charlie, believe it or not. We were talking about maybe getting him on the show, how it could work together. Nothing ended up becoming of those conversations, but you know, Scott did honor Charlie. When Charlie was killed, we did that, he did. We have that clip.
Speaker 4: Let's make sure we have the right one here, because there were a few. Yeah, So this was he was on Tucker's program shortly after and he was commenting on it. So this is I can't imagine Adams ever thought he would outlift Charlie, but this is what he had to say.
Speaker 3: Clip two thirty nine.
Speaker 5: When Charlie Kirk died, you could almost feel this massive energy being released. You know, he sort of controlled it, but when it was released, you know, his mortal coil was no more. I feel like that energy just went into people and suddenly tens of millions of people simultaneously said what can I do? What can I do right now? And that's different. People don't say I'm going to stop everything, tell me what to do. I'm going to go to church. A lot of people did. I'm going to say stuff on social media. I'm going to hunt down the people who said bad things and cancel them.
Speaker 6: But I'm going to do something.
Speaker 5: You know, we're we're going to figure out how to start another chapter of you know, TPUSA, and all of that's happening, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down, you know, the vigils, et cetera. If anything, the energy, it might be growing. And I've never seen anything like it in my life. I've never seen the Republicans turn into their own machine. And now it is.
Speaker 3: And what's most important I think as well, is that Scott was wrestling with his own mortality towards the end. You know. C. S. Lewis would talk about how a soldier in a fox actually, you know, because he was reflecting on World War One. He was a veteran of World War One and he was he was doing a lot of his writings and his thinking in World War Two, and he said that it can be a blessing to be faced with your own mortality and to understand that you, as a soldier, you might die, and to confront the almighty and to make peace. And Scott was sort of that soldier on a field in a cultural sense, in a media sense, and he was staring down the sickness. He had metastatic cross state casts with spread to his bones. Yeah, and so he was dealing with the fact that he knew he was probably gonna die. He said it, I'm going We're all going to die, yes, but imminently right and sou and that could be a real blessing. And so Scott was wrestling with his own mortality and was never a believer, was never a Christian. He had great respect for Christians, but he was not himself. And so we have two clips where he himself was describing this two thirty seven.
Speaker 6: Any of my Christian friends and Christian followers saved me. Scott, you still have time, you should convert to Christianity. And I usually just let that sit because that's not an argument I want to have. I've not been a believer, and but I also have a respect for any Christian who goes out of their way to try to convert me, because how would I believe you believe your own religion if you're not trying to convert me. So I have great respect for people who care enough that they want me to convert and then go out of the way to try to convince me.
Speaker 2: So you're here for the.
Speaker 6: First time today that it is my plan to convert.
Speaker 3: That's a very Scott.
Speaker 4: It's such an I'm a I'm a tech autist kind of exactly.
Speaker 3: It's it's like an engineer, you know, doing it in only the way he can. And and and I my word to everybody that's like you know that might think that you know this isn't that's not an authentic way to convert. I would just say everybody's different. God makes us in mysterious ways. I actually the last DM I sent to Scott was the parable of the workers in the vineyard. And we wanted to read this really quick, for the Kingdom of Heaven is like the landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. He agreed to pay them a denarius for the day and sent them into his vineyard. About nine in the morning, he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. He told them, you also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right. So they went. He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing. About five in the afternoon, he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, why have you been standing here all day doing nothing? Because no one has hired us. They answered, He said to them, you also go and work in my vineyard. When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going to the first. The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. So when those came who were hired first, they expected to rea more, but each one of them also received a denarius. When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. These who were hired last worked only one hour, they said, and you have made them equal to us, who have borne the burden of work for the heat of the day. But he answered to them, I am not being unfair to you. Friend. Didn't you agree to work for a denarius? Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who has hired last the same as I gave you. I want to remind you about a pharmacy we trust and recommend, especially right now when it feels like everyone's getting sick. Flu cases are viruses are going around. If you're a family, you know your kids are sick. But all family pharmacy is here to help you access medications you need without the run around. When you don't want to wait in line and want instead your meds to be delivered to your door. You need All Family Pharmacy. When everyone around you is sick and you want to be prepared, you need All Family Pharmacy. When your doctor says they won't prescribe by vermectin, you need All Family Pharmacy. They've got everything anybodyiotics, anti virals, tama flu ivermectin, hydroxychloroquin, blood pressure meds, and more.
Speaker 1: You do not need insurance, You don't need to beg a doctor, just simple, fast, honest care. This is what healthcare should look like in America with you in control.
Speaker 3: The process is simple. Order online and license, doctor reviews it, and your medication ships straight to your door. So start the year prepared and take care of your family the right way. Visit All Familypharmacy dot com slash kirk and use promo code kirk ten to save ten percent. Again, that's All Familypharmacy dot Com. Slash kirk and use the code Kirk ten. I want to finish reading that scripture, but I'm just I have to share this. This is really upsetting me. I just was sent this and this is how People Magazine is choosing to remember Scott Adams. Scott Adams disgraced Dilbert creator dies at sixty eight.
Speaker 4: That's disgusting there, it is that grace.
Speaker 3: But I'm telling you this is the exact same playbook. Take can you take the enemies of the people the banner off the bottom there for a seconds so people can see it. Yeah, so Scott, Yeah, Scott Adams disgrace. Dilbert creator dies at sixty eight. Dilbert was pulled from wide circulation after Adam's racist rant in twenty twenty three. It's such a garbage thing to do to somebody, And you know, this is what they did with Charlie. It's the same exact playbook where you know, they take something that Charlie said out of context about black pilots or Martin Luther King and they strip it of all of the build up, all of the context. It's just hateful garbage. And then and then they use it to smear somebody, even in death. You know, somebody somebody retweeted my tweet on it on X and basically quote tweeted it and said, you know, you can tell a lot about the way some you know, a group of people by who they lionized and who who their heroes are. And I'm like, you can tell a lot about somebody that even in death, they refuse to be gracious and kind or at least neutral, or just keep your mouth shut. So People Magazine, shame on you, absolute disgrace. We got someone who sent in their favorite Dilbert. They had a they have a Dilbert strip hanging in their cubicle. Yeah, it's Dilbert talking to the point to hear boss. May I talk to you after the mandatory meeting? Whoa, whoa.
Speaker 4: I didn't give you approval to attend that meeting. The meeting is mandatory. Approval is mandatory too, Okay, whatever, May I go to the mandatory meeting. All requests must be in writing. It's mandatory. It's mandatory. If people start bending the rules before long, murder will be legal. And then it shows him talking to his coworker afterwards.
Speaker 3: That was the best mandatory meeting I've ever been to.
Speaker 4: They hands it out free cash.
Speaker 3: Shut up, it's funny. He's good. I was never like really that into cartoons, but I was really into like it.
Speaker 4: Was one of it was we read like three of them and that was one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well there's not a lot.
Speaker 4: A lot of them are really bad. I do they still exist? I guess do newspapers still exist?
Speaker 3: They do? They do exist? Blake, It's yeah, there are newspapers. Listen. I I want to I just want to remember that, uh, that Scott took a great personal toll for this, and and you know, I I the way the verse ends with the parable of the workers in the vineyard is that you know the first will be last and the last will be first. And so Scott Scott came to his face faith almost at the end, almost as like Pascal's wager. And maybe Blake, if you want to describe that for the audiences, Oh yeah, so he does.
Speaker 4: Then there's another clip where he's more forth right about it even that. So Blake's Pascal was a French mathematician who laid out an argument that basically, you should embrace theism, you should embrace Christianity because the rewards of eternal life are great and the if you're wrong, you lose just you're just worm food, so you lose nothing.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: The funny thing is Pascal, a very logical man himself, did not convert for that reason. He had a religious experience one night, like just had a divine vision and he was a super Christian after that. But it's an argument that has a lot of it's debated a lot, certainly among you know, computer programmer types. Well, this is what exactly what Scott Adams is.
Speaker 3: He's sort of an engineering brain, a contrarian thinker, and so he did sort of wrestle with the risk reward analysis. And some people might say that's not authentic. I think it was the most authentic way Scott could approach faith that he struggled to embrace his whole life. And so I would just say welcome, welcome to the fold. You know, we're honored to have you, Scott, and you know, may you rest in peace, and we expect to see you someday. And I hope you say hi to Charlie for us up there.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 4: He was the man in the arena. That's all those attacks on him. You think of that Theodore Roosevelt quote. I know Charlie was a fan of it. It's not the critic who counts. It's the man who's in the arena, the man who is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, that's the man who matters. And that's what he was doing Hm, No, he could be attacked by people because he bothered to say something that was relevant and controversial period.
Speaker 3: Yep, exactly. And you know, I think it was Matt Walsh who said, you know, especially in the aftermath of Charlie's death, and he was reflecting on all the attacks against Charlie from the left or whatever, and he basically was just like, may we all experience may our enemies rejoice when we die, because that means we were truly effective. And the fact that they just like the pettiness of it, I think just makes them disgrace to Dilbert's creator. I think it makes them look disgraceful. The only party disgraced in this instance is people, all right, that is it? The fact that you could just say, Dilbert creator Scott Adams dies at sixty eight. Why couldn't you just go with that?
Speaker 4: I guess not in famous cartoonist, famous cultural commentator.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean, like for real, and obviously he means a lot to a lot of people were mourning him the whole you know of exes mourning him. The Vice president is sending out tweet there's gonna I feel.
Speaker 4: I feel we're actually under selling this just because it's been a long time. And what really made him super notable with our faction is in twenty fifteen twenty sixteen, he was one of the first guys to really take Trump seriously as a as a political candidate who would lay out an argument, Okay, what Trump is doing when he's on stage where it's unpredictable and silly and he's he's saying stuff that seems outlandish, He's actually doing something powerfully persuasive to people, and he could win the election doing this. And he was just saying this back when everyone else on television.
Speaker 3: Was saying, Oh, he's just a dumb clone. It's never going to go anywhere.
Speaker 4: He was saying, no, you guys are wrong about this, and he put his well, he put his reputation where his mouth was, and he was proved right. Trump actually did win that election.
Speaker 3: M M yeah, well said, I think you're right. And there is kind of this cast of like og Maga originals, like the you know, Mike Cernovich's, the Jack Besovics, the Charlie Kirks, the Scott Adams, the people that saw early on.
Speaker 4: I don't even know that he was a Trump supporter. He was just actually willing to say this guy is effective at what he does and it's going to be persuasive to people. It was that master persuader line he used. I remember that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, no, absolutely, And you know his wife read a statement this morning and they did a coffee with Scott Adams. You know, after his passing. We had heard that he went to hospice, but his wife confirmed that, you know, he was of sound mind and that you know that he did accept Jesus Christ. And so, you know, God blessed Scott, and thank you for your contribution. We honor you on this show because we honor brave men and women that stand up for what's right. That are the men in the arena that do take the slings and arrows for the rest of us. Charlie was one of these men. Scott was one of these men. And you know it, it's really it's really sad to lose two great Americans in such quick order. It really is. And that was the first thought I had when I saw the news this morning, that it breaks my heart that we've lost another one. It really does. Because listen, people are gonna come and they're gonna fill the ranks. You know, I'm loving the you know some of these people like Nick Shirley that are coming and doing great things, and we want more. We need more in this space. We need more sane actors, more rational actors, more persuasive actors, and good faith actors. And Scott was one of those people that.
Speaker 4: And talented ones soon because he wasn't just a political guy. He was a hugely he was he had something funny and interesting to say, and millions of people are going to remember him for that. Yeah, and that's a good thing to aspire to as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 7: This is Lane Schunberger, chief investment Officer and founding partner of wy REFI. It has been an honor and a privilege to partner with Turning Point and for Charlie to endorse us. His endorsement means the world to us, and we look forward to continuing our partnership with Turning Point for years to come. Now hear Charlie, in his own words, tell you about why Refi.
Speaker 1: I'm wanna tell you guys about what refight dot com. That is, why are e f y dot com? Why refi is incredible private student loan debt in America. Told us about three hundred billion dollars. Why refy is refinancing distress or defaulted private student loans. You can finally take control of your student loan situation with a plan that works for your monthly budget. Go to yrefight dot com. That is why refight dot com. Do you have a co borrower, why reef? I can get them released from the loan. You can skip a payment up to twelve times without penalty. It may not be available at all fifty states. Go to yrefight dot com. That is why are e f y dot com. Let's face it, if you have distress or default the student loans, it can be overwhelming because of privacuit loan debt. So many people feel stuck. Go to y refight dot com. That is y r e f y dot com Private student loan debt relief. Yrefight dot com.
Speaker 3: Our team that runs our merch has been like begging me to do this. I'm gonna do this. The charliekirkshow Store dot com. You can also just go to Charliekirk dot com and link to it. But the Charlie Kirkshowstore dot com. We have a new vintage collection of some of Charlie's original T shirts that he had made when we started the show. And there's been a lot of people that email us and ask for all of this stuff, so I wanted to make sure I did that because they've been asking me for like three or four days and I keep forgetting So Charliekirkshow Store, the Charliekirkshow Store, or just go to Charlie Kirk dot com and we have it in the on the main page. You can link over to it. But we have the vintage collection, God is real, be Better Work Harder Patriot. We have the bracelets that Charlie would wear, the you know, be Better Work Harder there and it's all the original stuff. So please check it out and support the team here. Would love for you to do that. And another thing I wanted to address Blake and I were talking about in the break a lot of you have emailed us at Freedom at Charliekirk dot com wanting the entire catalog of past Charlie kirkshows. We are working on that. We're gonna get it up and I don't have a timeline yet or when we can get that done, but we are working on it. Please rest assured. We want to make it really easy for you all to just access all the old episodes of Charlie directly, and so we are working on that. Please rest be rest assured. And we've got there's there's projects at the turning point side to get a bunch of Charlie's content also like AI searchable, and.
Speaker 4: Until then, I just know if you want to find something now, all of our old live streams are on Rumble.
Speaker 3: It can be annoying to scroll through them, but you can find them.
Speaker 4: And you can see our episodes have a pretty formulaic date listing. So if you go to if you search Charliekirkshow on Rumble with that the day format, you can probably find that old episode very easily.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So again the Charlie kirkshowstore dot com. Check it out there. Great work from the team, by the way, getting all those up, and it's a lot of work that the merch team does and I'm really proud of them. Okay, without further ado, we have John Carney, he's the the economist editor. I believe I got that right. I was I was doing bright Bart Economics editor. There you go from from byte Bartnews dot new or bright bart news. He has been fantastic on specifically tariffs. But there's other economic news we want to get to, but we'll start there. So, John, welcome back to the Charlie Kirk Show. It's great to have you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thanks for having me back.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely. So, you know, Trump has this twenty five percent tariff announcement for anybody doing business with Iran. Simultaneously, there is a Scotus ruling that we're eagerly awaiting, probably tomorrow, whether or not he's even lawfully legally able to do this. Give us the update, please, So.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're waiting and it could come tomorrow. The Supreme Court never tells us in advance what decisions are going to announce. We think they want to get to this one pretty quickly. A lot of people thought it was going to be the end of last week or this It could be on Wednesday or Thursday, or it could be anytime in the next couple of weeks. One of the things that Trump's recent tariff announcement don'ty is shows how important tariffs can be to foreign polo and this is one of the arguments for why the president should be able to impose tariffs on countries because it is really important to our attempt to try to contain Iran and to use the US's consumer market, which everybody in the world.
Speaker 2: Wants access to.
Speaker 8: To discipline the rest of the world. If you're going to do business with Iran, you're going to have to pay a lot.
Speaker 2: Higher tariff to sell your stuff into the US.
Speaker 8: I think that's it actually really does strengthen his position that this is a core part of a president's ability to deal with the rest of the world, a core foreign policy power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it strikes me John is this kind of like Trump's this this maverick. He's creative with the way he approaches foreign policy, and he implements these new techniques. They're not new, but certainly in modern American especially presidential history, he's using them in ways others haven't really done before. And he's being more public about it. He's being more brashed about it. And because he's he's been creative with how he's wielded tariffs, he's now getting pumped public punished for it. They're coming after him saying, well, now we want to take that away from you, because you're doing it in a way that we hadn't thought about before, and so we just want to punp punish Trump. But to your point, what happens if the Supreme Court rules against the Trump administration in this particular case. I've seen some reports that we have to pay back upwards of three hundred billion dollars in tariff revenue. Is this even feasible? Is as possible? Is this going to happen?
Speaker 8: I don't think the Supreme Court is likely to order the US government to pay back hundreds of billions in tariffs, which is one of the reasons. Look, I listened to the oral arguments the uh they were sup The justices were super skeptical about whether or not Trump really does have the statutory authority because, as you point out, there's not a lot of precedent for this. The law that they're using, the International Emergency Economic Powers Act is people call it AEPA, has never been.
Speaker 2: Used to impose tariffs.
Speaker 8: Ironically, everybody agrees that the president could sanction a country. You could even embargo countries. You can say you can't sell anything. But apparently their theory is that you can say you can completely shut off a country from access to the US market, but you can't charge a ten percent tariff for them to be able to sell into the US market. That seems wrong to me. But the Supreme Court was skeptical that Trump has this much authority. I don't think they rule that he has that it all has to be paid back from the US Treasury. I think what they're most likely to do is come to some sort of compromise where they say, yes, the President can impose some tariffs, and but there's a you know, they might make up a time limit. It's called the Emergency Powers Act. So maybe they say an emergency can't last forever, so you have a year. So that would mean we could keep all the tariffs we have, and it gives the Trump administration some time to There's a lot of other statutes that allow the president to impost tterff So if these ones get struck down or get time limited, I think President Trump can come back with other ways of going of erecting terriffs. And frankly, I think the US Senate and the House should if the Supreme Court decides this, should actually just completely reverse it and say no, we think the president does need this power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't there. I mean, pushback even from the Republican side of the aisle, there was Ram Paul, I believe, Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski. The question then becomes, you know, you've kind of got these these tricky Republicans in the Senate that we're not so we talk about this when we're discussing NUK the filibuster, for example, you've still got Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, Ram Paul, and Mitch McConnell. That puts you at forty nine. You're not even at that fifty to fifty mark. So Jadvance can cast a tie breaking vote. You got to get one of those those tricky senators on board. And then you got Tom Tellis, who knows what's happening with him right now. He's he's causing a stink with the Fed.
Speaker 8: So traditionally you had a lot of Democrats who would vote in favor of tariffs and supporting tariffs. There may still be some hiding out there. The question is whether or not, like their Trump derangement syndrome has overtaken what used to be their loyalty to the you know, to American labor and to the working class. Maybe it has, and maybe they cannot as a Democrat bring themselves to vote for a you know, and a teriff authority for Trump. But they should, it's good for working Americans, and Democrats constantly claim that's who they're protecting, and so you know the fact that they won't that would be a revealing moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I totally agree. I totally agree, John. And you've got core consumer prices rise less than expected, so CORSEPI is less than expected. You've got what was it a four point I forget now four point nine number that we got the revision for Q three. And you know, you've even got the Atlanta Fed saying that we're expecting five point three percent GDP growth in Q four. Potentially that's their estimate, might be high, whatever, But the point is, it seems like the economic indicators are all going in the right direction right now. Part of the reason that is is because the doomsdays about tariffs have been proven wrong again and again and again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, absolutely been proven wrong. Look, unemployment fell, inflation is much lower than anybody expected. The economy is growing at rates much faster than any expected. I think that everybody's got this wrong when they said that the terriffs were going to somehow derail the economy or push up prices. The opposite has happened. We're having an investment boom in America. The news is good. The Trump administration needs to get that news out there, but frankly, I think it's going to get out to the American people because you just need to drive by.
Speaker 2: A gas station and see that.
Speaker 8: The Biden inflation crisis is in our rearview mirror and what's ahead, what's in our front, what's in front of us is very good.
Speaker 3: Think about it. Every single dollar you spend is either supporting your values or working against them. In today's economy, where you spend your money, it really matters, and that's how we take back our country. Patriot Mobile is leading the way as America's only Christian conservative wireless provider, and you can switch today without sacrificing quality or service. You'll get exceptional nationwide coverage because unlike most budget wireless providers, Patriot Mobile has access to all three major networks. Or you can do what I do, and you can add two numbers on two different networks on one phone, something the big guys can't even do. So stay connected with flexible, unlimited data plans to fit your lifestyle. And get high speed data, mobile hotspots, international roaming, device production, and even internet backup. Here's the best part. When you switch to Patriot Mobile, You're supporting faith, family, and freedom. You're supporting a company that supports you and support this show supports Turning Point USA. If you believe in our First and Second Amendment rights, the sanctity of life, and supporting our veterans, this is where you belong. Switching as simple, keep your number, keep your phone, or upgrade. Patriot Mobiles one hundred percent US based team will get you activated in minutes.
Speaker 1: Called nine seven two Patriot today, or go to Patriot Mobile dot com slash Charlie, use promo code Charlie for a free month of service. That's Patriotmobile dot com slash Charlie. Or call nine seven to two Patriot and make the switch today.
Speaker 3: I'm just checking out, by the way, Charliekirkstore dot com will also get you there. And I love this one we have this. I'm just humbled by God's grace picture. I didn't even know we had that. And it's Charlie after we won in November, kind of holding his hands to his face. It's beautiful. Anyways, So also other Charlie stuff.
Speaker 4: One of our team members, Danny sent us the speaking of tariffs, Charlie being really irate about Chinese made baseballs. That's right, there's nothing more American than baseball. Baseball should not be made in China, period. Tariff imported baseballs and make them all in America. Made in China on a baseball is a disgrace.
Speaker 3: Facts Facts one of his best takes. John Carney, Uh, you're with us here. We're reacting to all the news here. There's a lot of economic news. It is Breipbart economics editor John. So this this, you know, the chicken littles, the sky is falling economists. They have been proven wrong, but they're still going after it. They're keep saying. There was reports this morning saying that you know, his his fed approach has already been proven wrong. Can you describe this story? You know, so Judge Janine, I call her judge Janine. Still so she's got charges or she's indicting Jerome Powell. Some of these corruption allegations about the federal building that he's been constructing for years, they call him too late pale. Just give us the lowdown here with with Jerome Pape.
Speaker 8: So what what happened is Jerome Powell did something unprecedented. On Sunday night, he posted a video in which he said that he has received subpoenas from the Justice Department, and he went far beyond denying having done anything wrong with the renovation of what people are calling the FED Mahal, this two point five billion dollar renovation to their headquarters. He and he denied, and he went beyond denying misleading a Senate panel when he testified about it, he actually accused the Trump administration of using this inquiry into these matters to trying to subvert the independence of the Federal Reserve. He has no evidence of that at all, and in fact, the President immediately said no, that we're not doing that. Judge Janine Jeanine Piro, who is the US Attorney for the District of Columbia, said that's not what's happening. What happened was we had a bunch of questions about the renovation. We tried to get the Fed to answer them. They wouldn't answer the questions, which is outrageous for any part of the government to not answer inquiries from the Department of Justice, and so we had to issue subpoenas she put it out that they haven't indicted anyone. What they are doing is just seeking answers to questions. Powell escalated this into eight crisis, and then you had, you know, the legacy media freak out act like you know, Donald you know again, sort of Trump arrangement syndrome. Assuming the worst possible interpretation of this, that Donald Trump was using the Justice Department to go after Powell to try to seize control of the FED. None of that is happening, And in fact, that's one of the reasons the markets have reacted to this so calmly, because people aren't seeing this as a power grab by Trump. They're seeing it as actually a very aggressive move by Powell. Look, Powell is out.
Speaker 2: Of office as chairman in May.
Speaker 8: Trump doesn't need to go after anybody. He gets to appoint the next guy. So the idea that like Trump would use the Justice Department to pursue put now doesn't really make any sense, and that doesn't appear to be what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Trump, thank you for that explanation. That's actually really clarifying. Trump is touring a Ford factory right now. He's kind of touting domestic manufacturing, So we hear this number a lot, John about how many trillions of dollars of investment foreign direct investment business is investing in the United States. Again, Scott Besson has said that we twenty twenty five was setting the table. Twenty twenty six is the banquet and the feast. How true is that going to be? What can we expect? What are you looking at as far as growth rates in twenty twenty six Because I'm thinking about midterms, so I want to I want to know are we going to make the deadline? Are people going to feel it financially before the midterms?
Speaker 8: I do think they will. In fact, if you if you look at the growth rate we had three point eight then four point one. Is three point eight in the second tour, in the second quarter, three four point one in the second or the third now and now it looks like we may be growing again. That Atlanta fat as you mentioned, says above five percent. That seems probably an overestimation to me, but we're certainly growing at a very rapid rate. The American people will feel this. One of the probably the biggest way they'll feel this is in their wages going.
Speaker 2: Up much faster than inflation.
Speaker 8: That's great because it means people have more purchasing power.
Speaker 2: It means that.
Speaker 8: Things that they need to buy become more affordable. We're also seeing the price of energy, particularly gasoline, come down dramatically. That will also help a lot going into the mid terms. It is one of gasoline is one of those things that people really get upset about. I think the relief on the energy side will actually and then that filters into all sorts of products you buy, so I think that will indeed actually help us grow really rapidly going into this new year. We sort of have this momentum built up from twenty twenty five twenty twenty six, looks like it's going to be even stronger.
Speaker 3: John Carney, great work as always. We'll see what happens with Scotus on the tariff rulings. But it's good to hear that President Trump and the Trump administration have outs other levers they can pull to kind of exert their teriff agenda, because I think it's actually really important from a foreign policy also a domestic policy standpoint. Thank you for adding a lot of light, a lot of clarity. Thank you, John Carney, Thanks for having you guys. Absolutely I have be back on again soon because I think this issue is not going away anytime soon.
Speaker 4: For more on many of these stories and news you can trust, go to Charliekirk dot com