Speaker 1: My name is Charlie kirk I run the largest pro American student organization in the country, fighting for the future of our republic. My call is to fight evil and to proclaim truth. If the most important thing for you is just feeling good, you're gonna end up miserable. But if the most important thing is doing good, you'll end up purposeful. College is a scam, everybody. You got to stop sending your kids to college. You should get married as young as possible and have as many kids as possible. Go start at turning point, you would say college chapter. Go start aturning point youould say high school chapter. Go find out how your church can get involved. Sign up and become an activist. I gave my life to the Lord in fifth grade, most important decision I ever made in my life, and I encourage you to do the same. Here I am.
Speaker 2: Lord, Use me.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, everybody, Here we go. Noble Gold Investments is the official gold sponsor of the Charlie Kirkshaw, a company that specializes in gold I rays and physical delivery of precious metals. Learn how you could protect your wealth with Noble Gold Investments at noblegold investments dot Com. That is Noblegold Investments dot com.
Speaker 3: It is Good Friday, and it is a solemn day of remembrance of what our savior, our Lord Jesus Christ did for us and for all of you. And we're going to take time to remember that starting now.
Speaker 2: Welcome Blake, Howdy. So what is Good Friday exactly? It is, like I said, It's a.
Speaker 3: Solemn observance of Jesus's suffering, his trial, his crucifixion, his sacrificial death, his atoning death on the cross for our sins. We believe as Christians that today is the day that Jesus took our sin upon him, though he lived a perfect life and lived without sin, that he took our sins upon himself and paid for those the ultimate sacrifice of his life, and that culminated with the crucifixion. And so we want to take some time to remember this and to remember what Charlie said about his faith in Jesus Christ. Good Friday, because it is probably, besides Easter, the most important day on the Christian calendar.
Speaker 4: I think, so, I mean, yeah, I would go.
Speaker 3: But obviously you don't get Easter without Good Friday. And I was praying about this and thinking about what I wanted to do and what I wanted to say, especially everything that we've lived through. This is obviously our first Easter season without Charlie, and I think of him still. The first thing I think about in the morning is Charlie, and the last thing I think about before I go to bed is usually Charlie. And I think a lot of you out there probably feel the same way I do. And we still live in the shadow of our great friend, who is a martyr, a Christian martyr, and his example is powerful and it looms large over my life. And so we want to give this day to the Lord. And I want to read a verse from Isaiah fifty three. And when I think about what good Friday means to me, this is what good Friday is. And I think, especially everything that happened to Charlie. I think that he embodies so much of the Christian ethic and the life well lived. So Isaiah fifty three written before the time of Jesus on this earth, and yet it points directly to him who has believed our message, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed. He grew up before him, He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root.
Speaker 2: Out of dry ground.
Speaker 3: He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by man kind, a man of suffering and familiar with pain, like one from whom people hide their faces. He was despised, and we held him in low esteem. Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering. Yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions. He was crushed for our iniquities. The punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Speaker 2: And that is essentially the core of the Christian message.
Speaker 3: On Good Friday. And we don't say good in a celebratory sense. We say good in sort of the old English sense, the pious holy. It is a day to solemnly reflect on the sacrifices our Savior has made.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was actually had it open from mind. It was slightly different wording because we use a different translation of the Bible, but they do read that in Catholic services on Good Friday every year basically the whole of that that keeps going. You might remember, though he was harshly treated, he submitted and opened not his mouth, like a lamb led to the slaughter, or a sheep before the shearers. He was silent and opened not his mouth. Oppressed and condemned, he was taken away, And who would have thought any more of his destiny when he was cut off from the land of the living and smitten for the sin of his people. A grave was assigned him among the wicked, and a burial place with evildoers, though he had done no wrong nor spoken any falsehood. And it continues from there, and we have other special readings that we do. Usually you don't have a verse that you read. You're an unusual Catholic service. It's first reading Psalm, second reading Gospel. But they also incorporate a special verse just before they read the Gospel, which is on Good Friday. It's always the Passion according to John, and they say Christ became obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Because of this, God greatly exalted on him and bestowed on him the name which is above every other name. That's from Philippians.
Speaker 3: Hi folks Andrew Colvett here, I'd like to tell you about my friends over at y Refi. You've probably been hearing me talk about y Refi for some time now. We are all in with these guys. If you or someone you know is struggling with private student loan debt, take my advice and give them a call. Maybe you're behind on your payments, maybe you're even in default. You don't have to live in this nightmare anymore. Why ref I will provide you a custom payment based on your ability to pay. They tailor each loan individually. They can save you thousands of dollars and you can get your life back. We go to campuses all over America and we see student after student who's drowning in private student loan debt. Many of them don't even know how much they owe. Why ref I can help. Just go to y refi dot com. That's the letter, why then refi dot com. And remember why ref I doesn't care what your credit score is. Just go to wyrefi dot com and tell them your friend Andrews sent you.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: And it wouldn't be the Charlie Kirk Show without Charlie reflecting on Easter.
Speaker 2: The team pulled this clip not.
Speaker 1: To I love Easter, I love the Resurrection. And also, just so everyone's clear, they say, oh, Easter is pagan. Hold on a second, the term Easter was a pagan term that was redeemed. But no, Easter itself is actually always aligning with the Jewish passover pesca, which is happening this week as well. That those two things are always overlaid with one another, and the resurrection and the promise of Jesus honestly can be best described as a fresh start, as a reset. It's a beautiful idea and it's a torurism that has captivated billions of people throughout time.
Speaker 3: It is really an amazing part of about Easter, the Easter season, how it overlays with the passover, because obviously the passover comes from the Genesis story of the Jews putting Exodus Exodus im sorry, the Exodus story where the Jews put the blood of a lamb over their doors so that the Angel of Death would pass over their house. And Jesus is our passover lamb, and so it is the perfect embodiment of that story. And I love how scripture tends to echo, right, we see, we see different themes and ideas that are once told in the Old Testament, you see them reflected or embodied perfectly in the life of Jesus.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite images of the that comes out of Good Friday and what it represents.
Speaker 2: It's from a.
Speaker 4: Church in modern day Istanbul. It's called the Kora Church.
Speaker 2: Throw up that.
Speaker 4: Image I sent you, guys, and it's an image of what we believe Jesus was doing.
Speaker 2: During the Heroine of Hell.
Speaker 4: We call it, which is he dies, resurrects a few days later, and what he is doing is he in the he descended into Hell and what he did is that is what the redemption of Christ means. What that image is that is Jesus bursting open the coffins that hold Adam on one side and Eve on the other.
Speaker 2: That's Adam and Eve. That they have.
Speaker 4: Been separated from God for untold generations because of their sin, and that Jesus is bursting them out and he is liberating them so that they can be taken up to Heaven with him, that he can redeem them for paradise. And it's one of the most powerful images you can have of what Jesus was accomplished.
Speaker 3: There is another clip of Charlie with U's they got to play it top three.
Speaker 1: All right, have a great Easter weekend. Thank you Blake very much. He remember he has risen. Please observe good Friday and understand the significance of the suffering of our Lord. And I am not Catholic, but I will be doing the stations of the Cross tonight. They have an outdoor Stations of the Cross in Arizona. Actually it's pretty really neat.
Speaker 4: It kind of probably looks a little bit like Judea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, God bless everybody. Shabbat Shalom and have a wonderful Easter.
Speaker 3: That's the perfect like sort of ecumenical clip of Charlie the Evangelical doing the Catholic stations of the Cross, signing off with Shabbat Shalom.
Speaker 4: He had a very special way of approaching he faith matters.
Speaker 3: And Blake, you inspired me, and she said, the Catholics read from John the crucifixion story from John, so I figured we should do that. This is from John chapter nineteen, verse seventeen, and he says, and he bearing his cross, went out to a place called the Place of the Skull, which is called in Hebrew Golgatha where they crucified him, and two others with him, one on either side, and Jesus in the center. Now Pilot wrote a title and put it on the cross, and the writing was Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews. Then many of the Jews read this title, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and it was written in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. Therefore, the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilot, do not write the king of the Jews. But he said, I am the king of the Jews. Pilot answered what I have written, I have written. Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments and made four parts to each soldier apart, and also the tunic. Now the tunic was without seam, woven from the top in one piece. They said, therefore among themselves, let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, of whose it shall be that the scripture might be fulfilled, which says they divided my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots. Therefore the soldiers did these things, and then Jesus it's an ode to marry, which I wanted to keep in here. Now there stood by the cross of Jesus, his mother and his mother's sister, Marry, the wife of Clopus, and Mary Magdalen. When Jesus therefore saw his mother and the disciple, whom he loved, standing by, he said to his mother, woman, behold your son. Then he said to the disciple, behold your mother. And from that hour that disciple took her into his uh in his own home. After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, said I thirst. Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there, and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hissop, and put it to his mouth. So when Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, it is finished, and bowing his head, he gave up his spirit powerful moment to reflect on on Good Friday. And we think it's important to read directly from scripture because God said.
Speaker 2: It best listen.
Speaker 3: If faith and values are important to you, they should be a part of how you date. It's that simple, not something you figure out later when you're like three four months down the road in a relationship. You see, most dating apps are built around casual connection, instant gratiation, no long term vision, and that's just not what.
Speaker 2: Many of you are looking for. Thank goodness.
Speaker 3: That's why I like Upward. It's a dating app designed around faith and shared values. People who care about commitment, integrity, marriage and family, the things that we really value on this show. You're starting from common ground instead of trying to negotiate your core beliefs months into a relationship. That kind of clarity matters if faith is central to your life, or even if it's something that shaped how you were raised and how you see the world. Upward connects you with people who take that seriously. So if you're tired of the confusion and ready to date with intention, with marriage and family and mind, download Upward and start building on that right foundation, because strong relationships start with shared values. Download the Upward app today. I do want to reflect though a little bit on what it is finished, and I saw this great clip that I wanted to share with all of you guys on the different meanings of what this means. This is from Josh Howardton sought one when Jesus.
Speaker 5: On the cross, he cried out it is finished. That's how it gets translated in English. But that was just a translation of the Greek word to telesty.
Speaker 1: There was a word that was.
Speaker 5: Used in a business context on ancient receipts in the New Testament Bible times to indicate that literal debt had been paid in full. It was also used in a judicial context in a court when a sentence was fully served, completely and fully, once and for all served. The word to tell sty was also used in a military context, meaning that a battle had been won. It was a word of like triumph in victory. When Jesus hangs on the cross and he cries out to tell sty it is finished. He was declaring the debt of your sin is fully paid, the judgment for your sin has been fully served, and the spiritual war against death, sin and satan has been completely won. In Christ. The work of salvation, victory, reconciliation, and a new life is fully yours.
Speaker 2: It is finished. Amen.
Speaker 4: Also, as Jesus said that he had come to fulfill the law, kind of means that as well it is fulfilled.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, yeah, absolutely. I love that the Catholics read from John.
Speaker 4: There's there's many interesting parts about it. One of the most interesting to me is when you do readings in church, all of the gospel readings are they're done by the priest, exclusively by the priest. And the one exception is during the passion readings where they actually will have the audience take part of it, and you're taking the part of the mob of the crowd which goes in the story.
Speaker 2: So when they say.
Speaker 4: The one that's really memorable, I can't remember if this is in let me see, do they have it in John or is it only.
Speaker 2: In uh Okay, the memorable one?
Speaker 4: When they say take him away, they cried out. He says, behold, you're a king. And then they cry out, and this is the audience in the service will say this, take him away, take him away, crucify him. Pilot said to them, shall I crucify your king? And the chief priests answered, and then this is everyone says, we have no king but Caesar. And that audience that says that, it very much drives home our collective sin, our collective guilt.
Speaker 2: And it's our sin that held him there on that cross.
Speaker 4: He was crushed for our iniquity, he was punished for our iniquities crushed for our sins.
Speaker 2: It personalizes it in a really powerful way. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love that, and I love so much of the ancient liturgy and the rituals. This is the Charlie Kirk show. He loved talking about these things. Let's go ahead and play more of Charlie in his own words, reflecting on his faith sought.
Speaker 1: For the modern gospel is God has this beautiful, amazing, wonderful life for you, and if you give your life to Christ, your life will infinitely improve. That is somewhat true, but it's very misleading because you're basically trying to sell people in Christianity of a life without difficulty. Where the better way to teach the gospel is here's the ten commandments. How many these are you violating? Oh, you deserve to go to hell, and you probably will unless you give your life to Christ. That is the proper way to evangelize. And so I realized the stakes in fifth grade. I was like, Oh, my goodness, I'm a sinner, I'm selfish, I'm broken, and only thanks to Jesus's perfect sacrifice, coming and living a perfect life that I get something I do not earn, but has been given to me this free gift of eternal life.
Speaker 3: So good, so good, good job team, We've got all these tweets of Charlie's too.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 3: This is from April eighteenth, twenty twenty five. He says, today is good Friday. Thank you Jesus for your amazing and unthinkable sacrifice. You died so that we would have life and life in abundance. And then he quotes scripture from Mark fifteen. It was nine in the morning when they crucified him. The written notice of the charged against him read the King of the Jews. With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last. The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. And win the centurion who stood there in front of Jesus saw how he died. He said, surely this man was the son of God.
Speaker 2: Got more to read? You want to read the next one?
Speaker 4: Now, this one's very long, so I don't think we can complete it, but I would encourage you guys to search it on exits. From April twentieth of last year, so Charlie's last Easter with us, And he said, today we celebrate the resurrection of Christ, a real event of history. He has risen, and he lists ten historical facts to back the resurrection of Christ. The first of them is just that he was criscified under ponscious Pilot. I love to mention to people, this is a name that is in the Creed that most Christians will recite. He was crucified under ponscious Pilot. This is a statement of historical fact that this was a real person who was involved in it. He was buried in a known tomb. The tomb was discovered empty by women. Christianity's fiercest enemies became some of its loudest witnesses. And he goes on with ten other things. And Charlie was very important. He was such a witness to the Gospel, and he was such a powerful promulgator of it in its most direct sense. I just loved that where he said that where it's you know, you don't give this touchy feely thing. You say, you are a sinner and you require salvation for your sins, or it's going to be very bad.
Speaker 3: Repent for the Kingdom of God is near. And amen. All right, that was our good Friday episode. I hope you guys spend some time in prayer in remembrance of the sacrifice that Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Has made for you. He died on the cross today and we want.
Speaker 3: To take that seriously and hope hopefully you got the got inspired and you're gonna spend time with family at church in prayer and scripture.
Speaker 2: God bless you.
Speaker 4: For more on many of these stories and new you can trust, go to Charliekirk dot com.