Speaker 1: Life Audio.
Speaker 2: Well, welcome to the Out of Zion podcast, and I'm your host, doctor Susan Michael, and I'm just so thrilled to have with me today a dear friend and college Joel Rosenberg. You know, Joel, I have to list all of your titles and accomplishments.
Speaker 1: You are amazing. No failed political consultant. I think you just lead with that one. It pretty much solves everything. Everyone I ever worked for in Washington didn't go anywhere, or at least not with me.
Speaker 2: All right, failed there, But you are a New York Times best selling author and you blow me away. How you're able to do these books and do all of this writing, It's phenomenon and that's really opened a lot of doors for you with us. Secondly, you are president of the Joshua Fund, which is doing amazing things.
Speaker 1: And then thirdly you are.
Speaker 2: The CEO editor in chief of All Israel News and All Arab News. I don't know how how you do it.
Speaker 1: I had great teams. You must take a lot of itemins. Well, right, that's not yeah, I need more.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break and hear a message from one of our sponsors. Welcome to the Israel Answer Series. Connecting Israel the Bible, and you join Susan Michael as she explores timely issues and current events from a scriptural perspective to equip the Christian world with a balance and biblical response. Be sure to subscribe for future episodes which will ignite your faith and bring the Bible to life in your everyday world. Now, let's join Susan with your Israel answers.
Speaker 1: But no, when you have a vision of what God tells us to do, you have to build out teams. I can't find these things by myself. I don't want to. I have things that I'm good at and things like that. There's people it's fun to it's fun for me to prayerfully recruit and then deploy people who are just passionate about it. It's the same thing. I mean, you're you've got so much going on the embassy and aci if you didn't have a good team, then it all rests on you, right and your energy, your bandwidth, your your vision, and you know I don't do that. You don't do that, and so yeah, well, you know we've interviewed you before and you talk. That's why I'm surprised that you have me back like you missed of have amnesia with how badly that interview went. I don't know what, but no, in that.
Speaker 2: Interview, you talked about your family, you're growing up, in your background.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 2: So I want to encourage our listeners to find that previous interview and.
Speaker 1: We could clip. We'll link to it in today's show notes.
Speaker 2: But today I want to talk you know, i'd like to talk about all Israel News. If you are providing such a service to the Body of Christ worldwide by covering the news of what's going on in Israel in the Middle East, and you know, we have such a crisis in the world today. We can't trust media. We can't trust even videos. You can't trust what you read, what you see because you don't know what's AI generated or what's been doctored, or what's just a blatant lie that's been circulating online. And so we're all looking for those trusted sources, and especially our young people, they are looking for those that they can trust. And you were that.
Speaker 1: You were there.
Speaker 2: Headquartered in Jerusalem, and so tell us how you started this and what you've seen the service at its.
Speaker 1: Provis Sure, well, a wonderful Israeli Jewish believing brother came to me with an idea that I didn't have. This is not my idea, and he said, I think we should create a daily digital news site run by Israeli Flowers or Jesus for evangelicals worldwide in English, at least at the beginning, to cover what isn't getting covered or covered well, you know. And at first I was like, you know what, that's a great idea. Somebody should do that. But I don't have the bandwidth to do this, Like I just don't have the time or energy. But you know, God bless you. You know, stay warm and be well fed. You know, No, I mean, you should, you should do this. But I couldn't sleep. I kept praying about it, and I thought, I think, I think maybe he's right. So why because I could either have an aneurysm every day at my fury at CNN, the New York Times, BBC, certainly Al Jazeera, but so many others. You're like, oh my gosh, the Washington Post, which just God bless him, just had to lay off a third of their entire news department and all of their Middle East journalists because they're the horrible But they're also losing one hundred million dollars a year and you're like, that's crazy. So the idea was you could either have an aneurysm, get angry all the time, or think, you know what, Yes, big media is Goliath, but we know how that story works. You don't have to be Goliath to win. You can be David with five stones and you only use one. So okay, maybe we could Maybe we should channel our energies into doing something different. Now I call this. I tell the staff well built over the last five years or so, I want you to follow the George Costanza doctrine of journalism. Now, those of your audience that are Seinfeld fans George, or maybe they don't know George Seinfeld or George Cassandra is the idiot moron friend of Jerry Seinfeld in the famous show and George one day slumps down in the in the booth at the coffee shop where they mean he goes, every decision I've ever made in my entire life has been wrong, and that's why he's alot. And so Jerry says, well, George, if every decision you've ever made is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right. Now, that's voodoo. Fortune Cookie is like, it's kind of you can't really, but in the show, that particular show, he makes every decision opposite of his instincts. He gets the girl and he gets a job of the New York Yankees, and everything works out well. If I see, folks, I don't want you, as young and emerging journalists, to focus on traffic. I beg you do not think about your impact. I want you to think about credibility. Credibility, credibility. Those are the free things you would think about every day. And everything that you hate about the meat, do the opposites give you an example? Wonder So we started in September September one, twenty twenty, all visual news. So this is COVID, this is like, this is church is being shut down, This is George Floyd, this is raised Riots, this is Trump and Biden Lake or Hillary whatever was then. No Christian was focusing on histort and the good news was the Abraham of course, just that was the first story we covered. Mike Pence was a friend of mine. Is Remains He invited me to cover it on them all on the way house ding and choosing okay, wonderful, No Christians. As you remember, I love Israel, were focused on any of these things, good pieces breaking out because America is on the edge of going, you know, blowing up. So that's when we started. I had time to raise money, bad time, focus on israp. But we did it because God told us to do it. Long story short. Give you an example. During the after October seventh, right, So the New York Times published the story eight. The headline was eight, all eight columns, top of the folds, lasting Israel bombs, passing hospital and cost And it's the New York Times, right, so they have all this brand, equity, trust, and every immediate outlet on the planet goes with the store. I said, well, guys, hold, hold, you're not this this is the lead of every isaac. There's something wrong about the story. Now, mae, if Israel did it, we will report it. We are not. This is not Hasbarah, this is not Hebrew four. We're not doing public relations. It's not propagand this is not propa game. But this is this is journalism. But we don't start from Israel's evil and let's burn it now. Right We're not you know, right, we're not. So so let's just you know at that point nine am in Israel. You know that's early. It's late at night, in the early the middle of the morning here. So okay, that's what the New York Times is doing. But let's just give the idea of a little time, let's talk to them, let's see what do they what do you have? Did you do it? And within an hour or two, right, it was already video of it's a failed house in and missile that went up, failed, laid it on the hospital, you can see it. Then they start sending us uh intercepts of ballast in hamas terras going did we do that? Did Israel do that? Oh? No, that was us? Oh my gosh, how well we got to tell them it was them, and and pretty soon you did all this death. So this is what we win. By the time, so four o' cock in the afternoon in Israel is nine am in the East coast United States. By the time we had the story, most people were waking up to the truth. But they weren't getting it from the mainstream media. They were getting it from all initial neighbors. There's just one example of just doing it of don't run. New York Times has a brand of trust. I don't trust them anymore. I'm not We're not leading. If they do something interesting, we'll we'll look into it. I'm not. These guys are taking death tolls and saying palace it in health officials in Kaza. This is this like getting in health, This is like getting death poll numbers from the Nazis. In the middle of World War two more Jews died today. We don't know why you're the ones killing them? What are you talking about? So so many Christians are so angry, and so we saw our traffic go from BA zero day one almost to thirty five million last year at the peak of the war, sixty nine million. Now we are not where we should be, but wow, we're moving in the radiations. People are finding us right well.
Speaker 2: I hope that all of our listening audience will find you now if they hadn't already. But you know, you're so privileged to be there where you're getting those original sources of information and analysis. You know what Israel this are saying, how they're seeing things. Where do you think Israel's going from here?
Speaker 1: Do you what kind of future you know?
Speaker 2: I just I had a Jewish person this week asked me you know you've been at this a long time. She said, where do you see it going? Are you at all optimistic? I mean they're looking for a ray of hope, So where do you see that Israel's go.
Speaker 1: Man, that's a great question, and let me break it into a couple pieces. I'll say everybody that works on our team are either even Jelic Forroprissians or Messianic believers. Most are Israelis. We have some Arabs that work on us, either directly or or a stringers and things. So we are trying to also cover the church, you know, within the So the reason is important is ultimately spiritually, we know we're heading towards Romans eleven twenty six. All Israel could say we're nowhere near that. There's maybe twenty to thirty thousand Jewish fall because Jesus and all of Israel depending there's two different studies, so like that's not got many. Well it's better than twenty three in nineteen forty eight. So we're moving. But in a nation of ten million people, seven million Jews seven and a half, that's not nearly enough. But we are. So we are covering what God is doing in the country as well. As the region, not just geopolitically. And I would say there's there's hard bias, like you know, the ed or hates you, the producer hates you, and they are not trying to tell the truth. There's war, there's Al Jazeera, Iran Intelevision, Turkish elves. But there's also a soft bias in the media where they don't know what they're looking for. They don't know how to cover the church. And if it's the church to them, that's the Roman Catholic Church, which most even joggles like that's interesting, but that's not what that's not what we want to know. What's God doing in this land? So covering that side is a big part because that's where we're heading. We're heading towards a nation that's been traumatized over two and a half years of hellish war. But are sure as people are open to the Bible to more people in the idea app are reading the Bible, not the New Testament admittedly, but they're reading the Bible. They're singing songs of the Psalms before they go into Gaza or wherever. So that's a spiritual element of where we're going. It's also not getting covered by almost anybody in the media in Israel, even the good media. That's one thing. The other thing is when there are challenges inside the church, right, so God is building Jesus, i'm I will build my church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. Nobody's covering it. It's still he's still doing it. But I'll give you one example. We broke the story a couple of years ago that too alto Orthodox Uh legislators decided to put in a bill that said you can't tell people about Jesus or you'll go to prison. In Israel. We broke that story. I've never seen a story go viral that fast. It just went global and we weren't being hostile. We were just reporting this. We hadn't even gotten into analysis. This just broke the story. Within seventy two hours, net Nyahu had put out a statement, I will never let that pass, and there was over that's not us, that's God, but he's but he uses people. So that's one thing of cover. There was a pass in pastor who got thrown into prison because he he welcomed in Israeli and some evangelibals just to visit him, and that got in the pals in authority there, and then we were told by some palising Christians, don't don't not report that fleet. We're gonna it's too you know, if you're a you're in Israeli, it's not helpful if you report it. So okay that that's a tension between journalism and but being a believer. But we're believers first, so we didn't pepper. But after forty days, this guy was not getting out everything. They tried behind the scenes wordwork. So finally they set several pass in Christians leadership on your all Arab news site, would you would you cover what's happening? So we did, and what we did as an open letter to pass in authority Chairman Mahmuda Bash and we said, I don't even know if you know this, mister president, but uh, this is what's happening. It's not right. It turned out that it passed in businessman various successful paths in This man was following me on X saw that article, clicked on the article read the whole thing, was moved by it, unbeknownst to us, printed it out and went to the palace in Romaga and said, President of Bass, this is not good and if Joel and his team are reporting it today, others are gonna be reporting tomorrow. We have enough problems. We don't need this one too. You shouldn't let this guy out. He didn't do anything wrong, and within forty eight hours he was released. This is God, but God uses faded people. So that's the There's geopolitical side too, we can talk about too, But just in terms of covering is what's happening? How do we pray for our brothers and sisters in all of the region. What is really happening. I still can't tell you many sources that I would news sources I would that exists that would report this type of information.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break and here a message from one of our sponsors. Welcome back to the Out of Zion podcast with Susan Michael.
Speaker 2: Well, you and I were just chatting earlier about out that after let's talk about the jail. Political, after Israel has gone through this two and a half years of really tough tire, You're optimistic about the future.
Speaker 1: Which is ironic because I'm a Russian Jew on my father's side, so that means I'm a pessimist. Bad things happen to the Russian Jews. We're all like bad glass is not just half empty, it is cracked and leaking. That's how we see the world naturally now in the spirit, with a good gentile spirit, filled with wife. It helped me, okay, But yes, I actually am quite bullish on where we are. It's been a horrible two and a half years and Len and I and our teams have lived through it. We've covered it, We've gone We've seen missiles launching while we're either delivering delivering humanagement relief for the Joshua Fund or going to and going to cover something for all Israel News. So it has been just the craziest world. This is the world that I write about in my political thrillers. I make it up. But the last three years of not you know, beyond fiction. But I'm actually I am optimistic. I am bullish about where Israel's go. I Israel has, by the grace of God and the hard work and courage of our soldiers and intelligence services, has decimated the Iranian regime's capacity to destroy US, has Bona's capacity to destroy us Hamas. I mean, there's not it's not that there's a little bit more to be done. On all fronts. But we are not living in the same world that we were two and a half years ago. And I believe that in six months to a year, everybody in the world is going to see Israel as the soup of power, bar none of any country in the Middle East security. I think the prosperity. I think money is going to flow into Israel, venture capital and and other I think that it's going to be and I think tourists, Christian tourists are going to flow. I think that ministries are going to come and say, Wow, what's happening, how do we be how do we help? I think I think the world is going to come into Israel. And yes there are I believe maybe outside of the scope of this podcast, but there are other horrible prophetic things that are coming. But I think we're gonna be going into a stretch. I think of years, possibly of decades, where people are not thinking of the Middle East as they're insane Susan, why would you take people there Israel? I'm not going to there. There's missiles flying and terrorists and suicide bombers. That is not the world we're about to head into. And so rethinking every ministry we will still have anti Semitism to deal with and anti Israelism. As Israel is more successful, that the anti Israelism is gonna get worse in certain quarters because people like Tucker Carlston and kanas Owanns are gonna be their heads are gonna be swiveling on their access and their eyes are gonna explode. They're like, the very country we hate is winning, its succeeding. Patricians who know what where God is taking Israel will be well, we're part of the reason it's going well as hard as it has been, because we're praying and we're helping and out of latsing Israel, and He's blessing us as we busses as he promised.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, after October the seventh, there was a Christian minister in America, a big name, and he made the comment that the reason Hamas attacked Israel was allowed to attack Israel by God is because the Jews had rejected Jesus. And it's so painful, yeah, yeah, yeah, so painful. But what a lot of us lose because we're you know, you're in the news cycle and you just see one bad thing after the other. You don't we need your help to do that analysis, to help me connect the dots, to put it into perspective. And only recently did I come to the realization that it was actually the Hamas attack on October seventh that saved Israel from destruction, because they were supposed to have done unaffordinated attack with Hezbillah and Iran, so their ground incursion was to be met with missiles from Lebanon and from Iran.
Speaker 1: And a native ground invasion from the north and from the north, yes, grounded, which had been planned actually years publicly, and it would.
Speaker 2: Have destroyed Israel in a day. But because Hamas goes out on their own and attacks, the other two kind of got mad and didn't really come to their rescue, and the fordinated plan didn't happen, and this saved Israel from destruction, and instead they have had victory over every one of those enemies on seven fronts. Now the enemy still exists, that's the danger. They will try to re arm. They will try to do it again one day, but Israel has so pushed that scenario for far away, as you said, and now with a political realignment in the Middle East, when they see israel strength they're drawn to that strength. And this is another misunderstanding in America. We sit here, we live in peace in America. We don't have an enemy on our border. We certainly don't have an enemy within forty miles.
Speaker 1: Well, thank god President Trump sealed that border. We had. They were kinds of millions of people that we only know who they are. But yeah, but yes, in terms of either China on our border or having Russia on our border in North Korea. Yeah, and even if we.
Speaker 2: Did, they're not forty miles from our home, right. So, and we don't understand that. In the Middle East, there's a whole different language that is spoken, and it's the language you must be strong. You must be strong or else if they'll c was weak and then they'll pounce on you. It's a mentality we just don't understand in America. But Israel does. And so when they are attacked, they come against it and they try to defeat their enemy. And today's Christianity, there's a lot of pacifism. There's a lot of well, we need to be weak, humble, right, and loving, and yes we should in our everyday lives. But the New Testament also says that our government has the responsibility of taking up the sword against evil, and Israel is doing that. They're taking up the sword against the evil against their people. And I do believe what you just said that we're headed into a season where Israel's going to be strong, and that's going to realign politically in the Middle East, and there's the potential for a season of peace and prosperity in the Middle East. So we just so appreciate all israel moves.
Speaker 1: And you're being you're writing for us, you know, may you're tribing free. So I want to see more from you, more from your team. These you guys are already doing such a great job educating Christians worldwide. And what we've never really had Right here, you and I are sitting at the National Religious Broadcasters Convention in Nashville, And it's interesting, Right after almost eight decades of Israel modern prophetic, biblical, wonderful, growing, thriving, but under challenge, Israel, how is it possible there's never been an actual Israeli media organization run by believers to help believers around the world. Know, yes, I'm praying for the piece of Jerusalem, but today what's going on today that I ought to be praying about. You know, praying generally is wonderful, and you guys do that, but you've never even had an or there's never been a news organization that would like specifically cover all like now, I should say it's very important. CBN News runs one of the best, but they're doing broadcasts, they're not trying to do daily digital a little bit more than they used to, but they're doing television and Chris Mitchell's but it's bar none the best journalist that there's there. But you like, even the icej events, the feast and everything else, it's amazing how hard it is to get Israeli coverage of those things. Much less American or European than never have a tye. So you have to be your own media arms, and you guys do a good job of it. Whi's interesting, is I just feel like it's this is this is this has been a gap somehow God never created until now an actual Israeli media arm that would cover the ministries as well as cover the region. And well, we appreciate it.
Speaker 2: And we appreciate our partnership. So before we close, let's talk about our upcoming partnership. Yeah, you're doing a big event in Jerusalem called the Epicenters, So please tell us about.
Speaker 1: It and where we'll sure April seventh, twenty twenty seven. So from the time and you and I are recording this, maybe about fourteen months from now right, we're going to host what's called an Epicenter Summit. I use the term epicenter that Israel is at the epicenter of the world. Jerusalems at the epicenter of Israel, the Temple mountains, at the eub center of Jerusalem. That this is where you know, God's plan and purpose. The Gospel goes out from there so forth. So we're going to do a three thousand Christians from all over the world, Lord willing, including wonderful people from Ic ej from countries all over the world that you guys work in coming now. The summit is only one day. President Hertzog will be a keynote speaker, and Bastor Mike kackab be a keynote speaker, and then other wonderful trusted Godly Bible teachers who love and get Israel and the neighbors. We have our love and compassion for the neighbors and Graham lots. Greg Lowie's skip Heights, Jack Graham of the former president of Southern Baptists and who's megachurch pastor in Dallas. These are the main keynotes. There will be some other speakers, but the goal is a one day catalytic event. You know, where Christian churition is pretty much dead. There's been Filidvarian emissions, You've led some of them. There's there's delegations Christians and Jews are doing, but in the grand scheme where it's like almost nothing in terms of a Christians coming. So we're trying to use this as a catalyst. So people say, all right, so joshuall fund our ministry. We'll definitely and all those rooms, we'll definitely do a tour, right, But we're encouraging you and we're encouraging all kinds of other ministries. Design your own tour. Maybe it's just one boss, maybe it's just a pastor on a few members of his team. Donors, funday school teachers, whatever, Plan your trip that's going to accomplish your ministry's objectives, and then buy tickets to just come to the one day of the conference. I think it will be the amazing conference that will help educate and mobilize Christians to go back all over the world to understand what the dynamic. Then where are we then? Where what is the what are the issues that we need to help people be better educated? Then can barely plan them now. But you can see with Tucker and Candace and everybody attacking, we're gonna have to do stuff next year that we hadn't even thought of a year ago. So all that to say, we don't want We're not trying to run a tour of three thousand Persians in all Israel News and the Joshua. We're going to do our role. We'll host the conference and then we're trying to get and encourage pastors and mystery leaders. Now plan now and start planning to bring people and let people start saving so they have a year or so. That's the trip of a lifetime. That's where I want to be. And we're not doing a conference for more than the summit, more than a day, because when you get to Israel, you mostly want to go see Israel. But I think it is important sometimes to do an event like this. Well.
Speaker 2: We look forward to being there for the epicenter and to our listening audience. If you mark your calendars now be in touch with the ic EJUSA office and we'll keep you informed on travel opportunities and details on the upcoming Epicenter summits in April of twenty twenty seven. So Joel, thank you so much for being with.
Speaker 1: You on some deal with Joel, and.
Speaker 2: We so appreciate you, and I thank you all for listening in and please visit the show notes where we'll link to Joel's all Israel news and his ministry. God bless hey, just give me one more minute. I want to offer you one of our free resources. We have wonderful resources in our show notes and if you go to our website at ICEJUSA dot org slash show notes, you'll find links for a number of our free offers. We have downloadables to help root you in scripture, help you to understand the issues surrounding Israel and the importance of being of Christian support for Israel and don't forget. Please follow us us on Facebook, YouTube and.
Speaker 1: LinkedIn and stay connected.
Speaker 2: Thank you and God bless.
Speaker 3: We hope you have enjoyed this episode of Out of Zion with Susan Michael. Be sure to subscribe to Out of Zion now on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, Pray dot Com, Salem Oneplace, Salem. Life Audio Out of Zion with Susan Michael is a production of ic EJUSA. All rights reserved. This podcast is presented in partnership with Life Audio to explore a wide range of faith centered podcasts on prayer, Bible study, parenting, and more. Visit lifeaudio dot com.