Speaker 1: My name is Charlie kirk I run the largest pro American student organization in the country, fighting for the future of our republic. My call is to fight evil and to proclaim truth. If the most important thing for you is just feeling good, you're gonna end up miserable. But if the most important thing is doing good, you'll end up purposeful. College is a scam, everybody. You got to stop sending your kids to college. You should get married as young as possible and have as many kids as possible.
Speaker 2: Go start at turning point.
Speaker 1: You would say college chapter. Go start at turning point, yould say high school chapter. Go find out how your church can get involved. Sign up and become an activist.
Speaker 2: I gave my.
Speaker 1: Life to the Lord in fifth grade, most important decision I ever made in my life, and I encourage you to do the same. Here I am Lord, Use me. Buckle up, everybody, Here we go. Noble Gold Investments is the official gold sponsor of the Charlie Kirkshaw, a company that specializes in gold I rays and physical delivery of precious metals. Learn how you could protect your wealth with Noble Gold Investments at noblegold investments dot Com. That is Noblegoldinvestments dot Com.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back to The Charlie Kirk Show. April twenty seventh, twenty twenty six. We're here in Phoenix, Arizona, at the y REFI Studio. How we doing, Blake, You know, we're not having the show we thought we would have to not having the show. We didn't have the show on Saturday that we thought we were gonna have either. I was actually at the White House Correspondence dinners, many of you probably know by now. I didn't say much about it before the event. I was honored to be invited by a few different outlets. Went and sitting next to Harmeat Dylan, and the night was going along. It was great, having a good time, meeting a lot of old friends, seeing hi to new ones. And then, you know, while we're sitting there waiting for the food to get served, President Trump, Jade Vance and others on the dais on the stage, all of a sudden you start seeing everybody duck for cover.
Speaker 2: Did you hear anything?
Speaker 3: I heard? Essentially what I you know, I thought somebody was kind of gone like that, like that was I clocked something in the back of my mind, as you know, maybe a tray fell or but I actually thought, you know, somebody was pounded because it was such a raucous cacophonist room. And I will I will just say, you know, there's been a lot of talk about the security in that room, but for me, it was like when we were in there, you couldn't navigate. The tables were so close together that if people were sitting in the chairs, there was zero room to navigate in between. And so it was a I mean, God forbid that place where I had a fire, because people would not have gotten out guaranteed. I mean, it was a total fire hazard. I will say, that does.
Speaker 4: Sound like something Trump might do. They're like, mister President, it's gotten too full.
Speaker 3: He's like, nah, I mean, I don't know who made that kind of decision, but it was it was a tight it was a tight squeeze. So essentially you heard this noise, but it again, you kind of just assumed there was a lot going on, somebody dropped something or whatever. And then little by little, starting in the back of the room, you saw people ducking underneath their tables, and so sure enough we dove underneath our table and you could see the thing that well, I will never forget was the urgency this I would call it like a violent urgency of the Secret Service. As everybody dives under the table because you could hear them yelling and you could see them running, and there was like they were throwing chairs to get them out of the way. And you're like, whoa something, something is up, and so everybody just starts we dive under the table. Were there again? Time was sort of a blurb, but I would assume maybe three to five minutes under the table, under the the you know, you kind of I'm peeking out. I'm like, I'm trying to see if if the coast is clear. Then it becomes did President Trump get shot? Because I'm looking I kind of look there.
Speaker 2: It's probably a lot harder for you guys to tell.
Speaker 3: No, we had no idea what happened, because I look up, they're all gone off the stage and you see you know, tactical, outed outfitted Secret Service on the stage, and you see them marching down the middle and you see them and by the way, so I was so close up to I was if I was essentially house left stage right, a couple rows back from the stage, and the Secret Service came right by our table and walked on our chairs. So a secret service put his boot on the chair I was just sitting on. As they were navigating in the room. Her meat's head was kind of kind of poked up a little bit. She got stepped on. Yeah, like, I mean, it's poor thing. I actually she had a welt on her head from getting stepped on. I mean, this, in theory, could be the next Attorney General of the United States. She got stepped on by a secret service that we're working with such urgency, and they obviously had no idea who was at what table. So eventually everything kind of calms down. I get up. Everybody starts kind of rising. I see Philip Wegman, who's with the Wall Street Journal. I said, Phil, did they get like as the president? Okay, because at this point I'm like, did you did There was a shot that came back to reception in that room. Because it's there was no reception, nobody could make phone calls. So I asked Phil, I said, you know, did they get the president? Is jd okay? Because in theory, I'm thinking, did a shot come from the back of the room and I just didn't hear it and it got President Trump. Well, Phil says that they they had actually got He watched him get off the table. Next thing I know, Brian off the stage, so he was okay, JD. He said, I didn't see JD. Next thing I know, Brian Stelter of CNN is up on the stage with a self like doing a selfie video like I don't know it was, you know, And it's a room full of journalists and so they're all got their cameras out doing like live reporting, I think, just to record the videos.
Speaker 4: And he joined the split between journalists who filmed events around them and the ones taking Celia self videos of themselves.
Speaker 3: So I instantly run over. I was probably about ten tables away, twelve tables away from where Erica was seated. I ran over there as quickly as I could, because it was so crammed and jammed. I could only make it over there so quickly, and uh, she had already been ushered out. I ran into Harris Faulkner, and I ran into Martha McCallum, and they said that they had seen Erica get ushered out. She was okay, Harrison, Eric, I believe you were under the same table praying when it was all happening. And I mean it was a terrifying moment. You know, everybody. I got a number of texts and calls. Are you okay? Post so called right away, Tyler Boyer called right away, and I just you know, my phone was blown up. But you know, here's the thing, I'm okay. My concern in the moment was just for Air Erica, for Mikey others, you know, and you know, just to see the way that the reaction has been from this moment. We're gonna get into the details. We're gonna get into the secret Service, the perimeter. We have Susan Crabtree joining us next. We've got a great show in store for you. But my reaction is just a shock and horror that people are alleging that Erica's reaction was somehow you know, performative. Up yours up your tho.
Speaker 2: That's disgusting.
Speaker 3: Secondly, that this was stage to get sympathy for Trump or even for Eric or Attorney. Point up yours. This is true you, This.
Speaker 2: Is actually a good test.
Speaker 4: Like if you are a person where it is reasonable to you that assassination attempts are faked, are staged, just stop opining on public events. Because your brain is too cooked by television, by movies, by memes you read on the Internet to think rationally about things.
Speaker 3: Listen, period. Yeah, I understand COVID that was a hole like OP. I get it, the Russia hoax, Op, I get there's reasons to be distrustful and to hold elected leader's fee to the fire. I'm all on board with that. But for real, if you are going to assume that everything is the freaking Jews, or everything is some Stage five D chess move and that leftists don't want you dead, I've got about forty eight minutes of clips loaded up today to prove you wrong, to prove that you are missing the big E on the eye chart. And I said it before, but I'll say it again. When Charlie was with us, he was not afraid of the Jews. He was afraid of purple haired jahat as that wanted him dead. He was afraid of Tranny's he was afraid of wild, violent assassination culture that's running a muck on the left. And if you can't get it through your freaking head yet, I have nothing for you to Blake's point. Get off the internet. You are cooked. Your brain is toast, wake up. We have put up with deranged leftists politicians going to No King's rallies where they're holding signs saying kill all tyrants. They almost die. We have a psicher saying blood in the streets. We have destiny saying conservatives should be terrified of being in public.
Speaker 4: As people were walking out of this event, they passed people with signs that said kill all of them, Death to tyrant, Death to tyros.
Speaker 3: And those people.
Speaker 4: Knew what had happened, and they'd either made those signs in response to what happened, or they decided to waive them anyway.
Speaker 2: That is the kind of people.
Speaker 3: You are dealing with it, and we've been putting up with it in this country like it's nothing, like this is just the new normal. It can't be they want you dead. I mean they're not all of them, sure, But then the ones that don't they create the permission structure by turning the other cheek, looking away, not acknowledging just how vile and disgusting the activist base of the left has gotten. And guess what the politicians, the Democrats are going to say anything, because guess what they'll They'll get primaried if they do. They know that, so they stay quiet and they blame Trump like cow. It's so, who was this guy? Cole Allen real uh, real peach of an individual. Well, he was a teacher from California, donated to Kamala Harris. He was a member of a group called the White Awakes.
Speaker 2: Oh that's an interesting one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, attended to know King's protest rabid leftist poster on Blue Sky who like to interact with Will Stancil. There he wrote an anti Trump manifesto and we can We're gonna Blake's gonna go god it here.
Speaker 2: It's it's interesting.
Speaker 4: So, I honestly, I find the character of this Cole guy a little troubling, just in the sense that he doesn't have the biography you might often expect from a presidential assassin. He's not an you know, a nineteen twenty year.
Speaker 3: Old indiscernible from Anna Navarro the end.
Speaker 4: The guy, he has a he has a job, had a job. Seemed obviously like radical, but he's not this non functional type who you know, everyone said, oh, this guy was gonna totally go off the deep end and kill people. He's like much more just a rabid left winger who let his brain get cooked too hard. And you can see that when you read his manifesto. As a lot of people have pointed out, it's not some for you know, two hundred paged unibomber thing rambling about society. It's like he's written it as a reddit.
Speaker 3: It's a reddit.
Speaker 4: Literally, Hello, everybody. I may have given a lot of people a surprise today. Let me start off by apologizing to everyone who's trust I abused. Goes on a bit, It's like, why did did I do any of this? I am a citizen of the United States. What my representatives do reflects on me, and I am no longer willing to permit a pedophile, rapist, and trader to CoAP my hands with his crimes. And he goes on said, talks about who's a.
Speaker 2: Target, who isn't.
Speaker 4: At the end he responds to rebuttals, so including one, let's see objection four. As a half black, half white person, you shouldn't be the one doing this rebuttal, I don't see anyone else picking up the slack. So he's marinating in weird race politics stuff. He's totally cooked by basically Epstein style stuff. Oh the prosident's so potophile, like completely ludicrous.
Speaker 3: He's really really upset about Ukraine. That's another thing that we saw through some of his social media posts. He's very upset at JD being proud that we've stopped just giving a blake check to Ukraine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he signs off Coal Cold Force like it's a username or a video game. Name your friendly federal assassin, Allen.
Speaker 3: Check this out. Rob Henderson put out a tweet. Rob's been a guest on the show a couple of times. He basically says, relative to Americans with a high school education, Americans with graduate degrees are twice as likely to support political violence. Throw that up, please, and you see more education equals more support for political violence. It couldn't be otherwise. You guys have that graphic and here, let's just make sure the visual gets up. So the point is, you know, this guy was a Caltech grad. He was some people call him a genius. I'm not convinced he was a genius. But he was a sick person. As Trump said, He's an absolute sick person who was highly educated, beyond his intelligence, beyond his wisdom. He was a Christian. Now he's he's very anti Christian, So that's probably you know, you think of the Bible verse, it's like, you know, when the house is cleared, the demons go scouring looking for another host, and they come back with more friends. This guy might might have been demonized. We are in a spiritual battle. So I don't know what his story is, but that's you know, it is amazing that he just ran through the security perimeter and was ultimately subdued right there, somehow came out alive. He was running like a bat out of hell. And so you know, there's the video right there. But this is I think one of the more troubling aspects of this whole story is how indiscernible this person is. From Will stancl who he interacts with online, from on Navarro on CNN, from the you know, the Lincoln Project guys. I mean, this is indiscernible from mainstream platformed democrats. I mean. And this is the other thing. I'd say, we're gonna play these clips because they're absolutely obscene. But you let's not forget what they how they reacted when Charlie was killed. This is do not forget how vile this has become, This assassination gloating, gleeful, sick bile that they spew when somebody's life is taken, robbed. Twenty five.
Speaker 5: Where Charlie Kirk just got shot in the net he.
Speaker 3: Jeniy Kirk got shot and he dead.
Speaker 2: Finally, finally, thank you?
Speaker 6: Can we keep this up? Shot right in the voice?
Speaker 7: I might be one person as atheist.
Speaker 8: Today, I don't care that he was a person.
Speaker 1: He wasn't to me, he was an.
Speaker 3: Do you get it yet? Do you get what we've been putting up with?
Speaker 2: This is if you're on a certain brand.
Speaker 4: Of the political left, that is what you can marinate in every day. There's endless stuff after this where the people are saying, oh, you know, too bad they didn't get Trump. They've said that after every single attempt on Trump, and if that assassin had succeeded and killed the president, what they saw, what we saw with Charlie one hundred times, over a thousand times over around the entire world. And I don't think knowing that that would happen. It's very difficult to walk back and have some of these people who are justifying the rhetoric of assassinations all the time say, actually, we oppose political violence very often the left does not oppose political violence. We know that because within the past few years they have openly embraced political violence.
Speaker 3: Of times, that's what twenty Look at this, Look at this. This is Hassan Piker, who we talked about recently on the show talking about Somebody's got to do it. It'st nineteen and you actually wrote about this and it was a great video where you talked about, you know, someone has to do it.
Speaker 9: See when I say that, everyone knows exactly what I mean that which which is.
Speaker 7: I think that shows that there is a lot of anger, a lot of resentment, and untapped potential, untapped revolutionary potential as a matter.
Speaker 3: Of fact, Okay, untapped revolutionary Okay, do you so? Just to be clear what Hassan Piker's This is a guy that The New York Times just did a whole podcast with, like it's nothing.
Speaker 4: Not even just a podcast with. There's extensive discourse on the left like should we embrace Hassan Piker, And a lot of them are saying, yes, this is how we get our left wing. Joe roganis, we have to embrace Hassan Piker. We have to embrace this guy who's going to say, eh, yes, sometimes sometimes murdery, they were socially murdering. It's really self defense to assassinate somebody. Sometimes robbery looting, you know, that can defend.
Speaker 3: That too, But I but never mind, it's it's probably just the Jews. It's probably just the Jews. That's who did it. Like if you go online, that's probably who did it. It's just a big masade up just to get sympathy. Pretty sick stuff. I don't even know where to begin with some of you. It's that upscene. Now we're going to turn our attention to the security situation around the event. There's been a lot of discussion about was it secure enough? Should you know this was a this call on guy who was a guest at the hotel. I've stayed at that hotel a number of times. You all have stayed at hotels. I'm sure you do not get your bag swept checked, you know, dog sniffer, none of that. There's no magnetometers when you enter a hotel room. Should there have been? Should the perimeter have gone outside and beyond where it was? But there's a you know, Charlie actually had tweeted about the Secret Service having a massive moral morale problem during the Biden years, that a lot of people were retiring, fleeing, and how big of an issue that was when you had so much violence aimed and directed at President Trump. Saw that at Butler, we saw it at the golf course in Florida. Now we see it at the White House correspondence dinner, and we see it in other places. Candidly, there was a guy that we forget who tried to attack mar A Lago. Right, So there's been multiple instances of this and then multiple other instances of political violence. You need the Secret Service to be absolutely on point, and Blake, I'd be curious about your perspective, just not having been there. I have my own from Well.
Speaker 4: It is interesting, as you said, So for those who don't know, a lot of the debate is as you said, it was the security strong enough, because in some sense it was the Secret Service can't prevent someone from attempting to break through, and in this case, he did fail within seconds, and that's a good thing. The debate was was he too close? Was the president and too much danger? And a lot of people have said, well, the whole hotel should have been within this.
Speaker 2: Secret Service perimeter.
Speaker 4: But I think what we saw might have vindicated their strategy because think about if their perimeter was the entire hotel, then they do have to search every single guest who checks in that hotel in advance. They have to search every single room to make sure it's secure in a place with hundreds of rooms.
Speaker 3: He wrote about it's difficult. Yeah, he wrote about in his manifesto. He was mocking how easy it was for him to get into the hotel assemble the weapon there and that you know, yeah, he basically said, I could have brought a bomb in there, and you know it would have been They didn't even precisely.
Speaker 4: But the thing is he wasn't inside the perimeter, and so he attempted to reach the ballroom and immediately failed and didn't even get on my understanding, he didn't even get to the same floor. Yeah, the president was on.
Speaker 3: We have yeah, excuse me, we do have Susan Crabtree ready now, Susan, welcome back to the show. Where that there's a lot of debate about the success or, I don't know, the failure of the Secret Service. There was a sense of in retrospect that it was a lack of security in that perimeter. I will say it did seem a little bit lax. But to Blake's point, the guy didn't get He didn't really breach the perimeter per se. It was on the floor above. He breached it momentarily before they subdued him. He ran right through it. What are people saying that you're interviewing, I know you're talking to all the sources right now.
Speaker 10: Yes, they're flooding me with information, But yes, I honestly I always say that these agents acted heroically. They subdued and they interdicted this terrible mad man guy, and so they deserve praise for that. But the larger plan, I don't. I think it's similar to Butler. These secret Service agents, rank and file secret Service agents and officers were set up to fail. They did, and it failed. It was lucky, honestly to me from my sources, there are many of them that inundate me after things like this happen, and they are saying that this is just an epic failure. They were using the twenty twenty three Biden model on President Trump. It's similar to what happened during Butler that they treated Bunald Trump like a former president, like President Obama or Jimmy Carter, not someone who broke the mold when it comes to threats against him and having outdoor rallies with tens of thousands of people. In this case, they did not treat the Secret Service, did not treat this as a special national security event like the State of the Union or inauguration, despite the fact that there were so many Cabinet members there. And you know, I have covered the Secret Services problems. I've been warning about this for months and months. It seems like it takes one of these events for Washington to focus on what's going on with the Secret Service. I don't believe that Sean Kerran is the change agent. Dan Bongino also warned about that when he was chosen, and before he was chosen, that the Secret Service needs to reform what the mess it was under the Biden administration and for many many years before that.
Speaker 4: So, Susan, what are the specific shortcomings they're pointing to in terms of design. Is it just the perimeter was too small? Is it that the agents there weren't enough agents there?
Speaker 3: In general?
Speaker 4: What are the sort of changes that we might expect as a result of this.
Speaker 10: This is one of the last lines of defense. You know that magnometer checkpoint that should not been have been where you put the where you're interdicting somebody like this. The stairwell was completely unsecured that he ran down. The hotel is probably not a proper venue anymore for someone like Donald Trump and his cabinet. You cannot unless you are willing to have the hotel only accept vetted guests who are affiliated with the secrets with the event, and the Secret Service has a chance to look at their backgrounds, or you could have in other countries they do this. You have checks days prior to people checking into the hotel. Their luggage got checked. There were reports that reporters were checking into the hotel at three pm that day and their luggage never checked. Whatsoever they are They weren't even checked for their ID versus their ticket, and their ticket tickets were being flashed. I don't know. You've been at this event many times. I've been to this event dating back to the nineties. It's always a soft target in my estimation, and so why did not that not get hardened. They used the old model and that's not appropriate right now. It's the same problem that happened Butler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think you're right. You know, it's interesting there was a bunch of accusations going around on social media because and I was one of the people that was accused. I tweeted immediately after, like, this is why we need the White House ballroom because and there was you know, accusations that it was coordinator or something. No, it's just an obvious thought that popped in my head. When you have President Trump, you talk about the old model versus the new model. I don't know that there will be a president that fits into the old model ever. Again, I don't know if we're living in a brave new world and this is just the new reality. So my thought was, at least at the White House, you don't have guests staying in the hotel that could have you know, packed in a bomb or packed in a like a long rifle or shotgun or knives like they did. And I think at the very least, if you know that somebody is going to be staying in that hotel when President Trump is going to be there, not to mention all the cabinets, the line of succession, I mean, there was JD. Vance, Marco Rubio, Scott Bessett, there was I mean speaker Johnson, I mean there was. The room was packed with the who's who, and so, yeah, it is a huge vulnerable target and there was, and I would say the security you didn't get checked until you got really close in to that ballroom. So yeah, obviously the model has to change. You reported Susan that Susie Wilds has been overseeing the Secret Service kind of as part of her portfolio. And they're standing by the work of the Secret Service. But they did call a meeting of some sorts. What can you report on that, Yes, they.
Speaker 10: Called a meeting to go review protocols exactly what we're talking about. They have to say that the Secret Service did a great job. I know there were men and women that acted heroically and I applaud them. They prevented a greater tragedy. But it should have never got to this point. They had Cabinet secretaries and dignitaries and Erica under the tables fearing for their lives. This is an embarrassment for the United States, and the Secret Service could have prevented this. It was highly preventable, and moving the security outside would have been one step. All the steps that I just outlined even the magnometers. That checkpoint was being broken down, and they were acting very idly. You don't they were not in a robust posture when that came in. And I don't necessarily blame the agents, the rank and file agents and officers. I blame the supervisors. And it's the same thing at Butler. There were two supervisors that signed off on that security report, that plan without anyone covering the AhR building and those security those supervisors got promotions, and one of them is in charge of the Office of Professional Responsibility, which is in charge of disciplining other agents. That is ridiculous. When they did, they did not notify and tell that tell the officer this woman who was inexperiences. Congongress found that she was inexperienced. Her name is Mio Perez, who was in charge of charge of Butler. Now we're having a similar problem take place. Why were those agents and officers sitting idly there? They reacted quickly, Thank goodness, because of their training and the training they go through is so extensive, and they put their lives on the line and they did so that night. Thank them. I'm so thankful to them. Our continuity of government thanks them. We I'm just but it should have never gotten planning. Wait, it's the planning.
Speaker 3: It's the planning. You're right, because I mean I was in the room and I felt the urgency of those Secret Service agents. I remember thinking, don't do it, don't move quickly. I don't want them to think I'm a thread or something like that. I remember being that was one of the biggest points of fear for me, is like, just stay low, don't make any sudden movements. Because you could feel the intensity that those men were climbing over the chairs and climbing up onto the stage. I mean, it was a very there was a lot of just energy coming from them, and I call it like violent urgency. You could feel that they meant business in that moment. So I totally I'm grateful for them. Blake brought up an interesting point here, Susan. So you know a lot of people think, oh, secret services guarding the event, we're all safe. Well, when we all exited that venue, what's to say there wasn't. If he wasn't a lone wolf, lone gunman, what's to say we wouldn't have exited that venue, and all of a sudden, there's you know, somebody perched up high and it just takes out all the elites.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so President Trump, the cabinet, they entered and left through a different way, secured by the Secret Service, but everyone else was sort of.
Speaker 2: Just funneling out in a narrow line.
Speaker 4: That's where they were passing those people with the signs that said kill them all, death to tyrants. Imagine if one of those people had an AR fifteen instead and started spraying into that crowd, they could have killed a huge number of people. And I think that's a lot of the security discourse is sort of all the normal people, still noteworthy individuals, all of them realizing that they were basically unprotected at this time.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, and it's a good point because if you go to Blue Sky, which this shooter was very active on Blue Sky, which is basically a breeding ground for domestic terrorists at this point. They they hate elites. So you got Taylor Lorenz, who's kind of a despicable person herself, and was, you know, fangirling over Luigi Mangioni. She's getting canceled on Blue Sky because she's an elite. She was going to a fascist party and they don't care. Once they cast to get you as the elite, as part of the class. That is, you know, uh, totally fair game. She's getting canceled on Blue Sky. So what's to say that, you know, Nora O'Donnell and all these people that I saw walking around weren't fair game as we were funneling out of the venue. I mean, this is the assassination culture that they're creating, that they can be this martyr for the cause and effect change. You know. The point is, I mean you have a lot of thoughts on the security situation here, Susan. I know. Oh, but the point is we have a deeper problem, which is why the model needs to get updated, because things are simply less safe.
Speaker 10: Absolutely. I don't think that you can have a situation. Trump broke the mold, okay, he is. He just is facing so many more threats, and it's it's ridiculous to use the Biden model from twenty twenty three at the White House Correspondent's Dinner and think that that is going to not be permeated. This is a porous security system that was put in place last night. It's been the same model that I've gone to since the nineties. At the White House Correspondence dinner, said I'm going to date myself, Speaker Livingstone. I remember going back there been I've gone so many times. I remember talking about this with my husband, who is a former Navy officer, and he has set this we are soft talk, said this, you're sitting there with you know, celebrities. I remember sitting there with the Homeland the celebrity from Homeland. She said, I can't believe we're exposed like this. We're just standing in line. And they didn't do anything different. And I'll tell you one thing. The Senior Executive Service, that is the the top upper management of the Secret Service, Sean Curran is not did not actually use someone who had that kind of accreditation to head to be the special Agent in charge of the Protective Division, the Presidential Protective Division. That's a change, and that's one of my sources brought that to my attention in the last twenty four hours. He too, Shaan Kurran didn't have that accreditation because he was a former They treated him as working for a former president, even though this is an unusual situation where President Trump was a former president running for president. Again, this is just me, honestly, I have some exclusive reporting to share with you. Susie Wiles, I'm told, was overseeing the Secret Service, the chief of Staff, the White House chief of Staff, and she was pushing back. There were several incidents that I reported on. The Chief Council was handpicked by Sean Kerr, and he got into a road rage incident and was impersonating a Secret Service officer, so he was forced to resign. The DH Christy Nome wanted to put a political chief Counsel in place to sort of initiate some of these reforms. I'm told the White House would not approve of that. Susie Wiles would not approve of that. They had a deputy chief of Staff from DHS go over to the Secret Service to share recommendations for reform, and I'm told that Susan the Sean Kerran called over to Susie Wiles, and Susie Wiles said no and had him walked out of the building. Now, I went to the White House today and shared these findings with her from these sources, and they gave me a statement and I'll read it to you. Let me be clear, this is from Caroline Lovett. Let me be clear. Nobody cares more or has pushed harder or has asked more hard questions about President Trump's safety than Susie Wiles. The insinuation that Susie would object to anything that would help strength and protection for her boss and friend is absolutely absurd. But they did not address my questions about whether she had this jeopardy. Chief of staff at DHS walked out of the building for trying to share reforms with the Secret Service and oversee some reforms.
Speaker 3: That's troubling. Yeah, I mean, you know, both things can be true, right, that Susie Wiles does care deeply about his safety and protection, and that ultimately something else could be going on behind the scenes. You know that we're unaware of of what would explain those actions. It's great reporting, Susan, thank you for sharing that. You said, brand new exclusive reporting that you just got. Okay, well, that's fascinating. Yeah, I don't know what to make of that, actually, you kind of I don't know if Blake you have thoughts here, But it's troubling because there are obviously reforms that need to be implemented. Wider perimeter, you know, checks multi levels of security, and you've made a good point earlier Susan where you said, you know, they have to say that the security was stood up and that these that they did their job heroically and all this stuff. And they did, but from a planning perspective and from a leadership perspective, you know, Like I said, Charlie was tweeting about the morale issues. I'm curious if we're still experiencing those, if that's still part of the storyline of the US Secret Service now well into Trump's second year, Here are you still Is the Secret Service morale been cleared up? Is some of the hiring issues been cleared up? I see you shake it.
Speaker 10: Absolutely not, absolutely not. That is a critical issue. Andrew, you just nailed it. The Secret Service is having severe hiring issues. Rich Star Aripoli, who was a former Secret Service agent, covered for presidents. He wrote it op ed. He's the source of mind. He wrote a op ed in the Fox News just last week about this very issue, that the hiring standards have been severely lowered because there's a brain drain, there's a talent drain in the Secret Service that's been going on for quite some time, because morale issues has been plaguing the Secret Service for years. But they were exacerbated during the Biden administration when Biden had a DEI mandate in place, saying that you will hire more women and you will hire more.
Speaker 3: Minds been fixed yet, huh.
Speaker 10: Absolutely not. That's one thing I've been reported on repeatedly. There was so many different people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody to wrap up this hour, but that's troubling. As you learn more. I want to have you back on to give us updates here because the eyes of the nation and the world are on this now. Susan Crabtree, real clear politics. Thank you so much, thanks for having me. Charlie had an absolutely relentless passion for learning. I saw it up close and personal in every waking moment, every spare moment that he could. He had a book open, he had a podcast open, he had a Hillsdale online course open. He was always diving into new ideas, absorbing information, studying up and sharpening his skills. That's why I love doctor Arne at Hillsdale College. They shared a deep understanding that learning is the key to shaping your character, creating courage, and changing lives. Charlie never stopped learning, and neither should you. Through Hillsdale's online courses, he spent time studying the classics, the American founding, and the enduring truth of the Bible. Now it is your With Hillsdale's free online courses, you can follow in his footsteps, learning from real professors and challenging yourself with rigorous coursework that's free and accessible to anybody who's willing to learn. A great place to start is their brand new course on logic and Rhetoric. Learn from Hillsdale professors how to speak masterfully, make a powerful point, and see how clear thinking leads to better decision making and more effective speech. Don't wait, go to Charlie for Hillsdale dot com to enroll today. It's completely free. This is a real good one. By the way, Logic and Rhetoric, pick up the mic, carry it forward. Learn like Charlie. Start right now at Charlie for Hillsdale dot com. We have orin MacIntyre on standby, orin welcome back to the show, my friend. This Caroline Levett press conference has just started. We're gonna throw to it just to see what her statement is at the top. We'll bring you back hang right there, okay, oron one second, let's see here what Caroline.
Speaker 5: Has to say, as I told many of you on Friday afternoon, I thought that would be my last time taking your questions until after my maternity leave. But given the attempted assassination of the President and quote top Trump administration officials as the depraved shooter noted in his manifesto at the White House Correspondence Association dinner on Saturday evening, I felt it was prudent to be here today to answer your questions and inform the American people about how the administration is responding to yet another attempt on President Trump's life. Saturday was supposed to be a joyful evening celebrating free speech in the First Amendment with all of you members of the press. Instead, the night was hijacked by a crazed anti Trump individual who traveled across the country to assassinate the President and as many administration officials as possible. This is the third major assassination attempt against President Trump in two years. No other president in history has faced such repeated, serious attempts.
Speaker 4: On his life.
Speaker 5: First, and foremost, the President, the First Lady, and everyone in this White House are extraordinarily grateful to the brave law enforcement professionals who sprang into action to apprehend the would be assassin and keep all of us safe. The President would especially like to express his gratitude to the men and women of the United States Secret Service who acted with the utmost professionalism, courage, and sense of duty. This includes the heroic agent who took a bullet to the chest. Thankfully, he was saved by his bulletproof vest. Minutes after returning here to the White House to the Oval Office, despite fighting Secret Service to try to stay and keep the dinner going on Saturday ahead of addressing you here in the briefing room, President Trump was intent on speaking to this brave agent to ensure he was okay, and the agent.
Speaker 10: Assured the President that he was.
Speaker 5: As you know, I was seated next to President Trump and the First Lady when the shots were fired, before our Secret Service swiftly moved us to safety backstage. The presidents came in the face of chaos while yet another individual was trying to take his life. Was really remarkable to witness and it's something I will never forget. President Trump is fearless because he loves this country and he is willing to put his own life on the line to deliver on the promises that he made to the American public who elected him here into the highest office in the land. And while we are blessed to have a fearless president, we should not live in a country where such constant fear of political violence permeates our society. Every single day. We can, and we should have fierce disagreement in this country. As you all know, we disagree often myself and this role in all of you in the news media. But those disagreements must remain peaceful. Debating, peaceful, protesting, and voting are how we need to settle disagreements, not bullets. Nobody in recent years has more bullets and more violence than President Trump. This political violence stems from a systemic demonization of him and his supporters by commentators, yes, by elected members of the Democrat Party, and even some in the media.
Speaker 3: This hateful and.
Speaker 5: Constant and violent rhetoric directed at President Trump day after day after day for eleven years, has helped legitimize this violence and bring us to this dark moment. Those who constantly falsely label and slander the president as a fascist, as a threat to democracy, and compare him to Hitler to score political points are fueling this kind of violence. The left wing cult of hatred against the president and all of those who support him and work for him, has gotten multiple people hurt and killed, and it almost did so again this weekend. When you read the manifesto of this shooter, ask yourselves how different is the rhetoric from this almost as SaaS and then what you read on social media and here in various forums every single day. The answer, if you're being honest with yourself, is that there is no difference at all. Much of the manifesto of the would be assassin is indistinguishable from the words that we hear daily from so many. For example, as the First Lady of the United States pointed out this morning, just two days prior to the shooting, ABC's late night host Jimmy Kemmel disgustingly called First Lady Milania Trump an expectant widow who, in their right minds says a wife would be glowing over the potential murder of her beloved husband. And having experienced what I did with the First Lady on Saturday night, I can tell you that she was anything but that this kind of rhetoric about the President, the First Lady, and his supporters is completely deranged, and it's unbelievable that the American people are consuming it night after night after night. As President Trump said on Saturday night at this podium, we as Americans must recommit ourselves to resolve our differences peacefully in uniting around the shared values that make our country great. The deranged lies and smears against the President, his family, his supporters have led crazy people to believe crazy things, and they are inspired to commit violence because of those words.
Speaker 3: It has to stop.
Speaker 5: And one more point, Saturday night served as yet another reminder of how important it is to fund the Department of Homeland Security. It is shameful that the United States Congress has kept this vital agency defunded for seventy three days, the longest shutdown of a federal agency in US history. The Secret Service is a vital component of DHS. It has been directly impacted by this reckless political gamesmanship. Everyone in this room who was there on Saturday night witnessed the heroes of Secret Service and federal law enforcement jump into action in the face of grave danger and uncertainty. Agents put their own lives in harm's way to protect the President, the First Lady, the Vice President, and members of the Cabinet. One agent can be seen in video footage literally jumping onto the stage, not knowing where the attacker was or where the bullets were coming from at that point, to place his body in front of the President of the United States. These men and women are heroes. They perform their duties daily, and they have children and families too, and they do it despite the political turmoil surrounding their agency. Make no mistake, this defunding of DHS should be a national scandal. If Republicans defunded DHS and we saw in another attempted assassination on a Democrat president, I would hope that the media coverage would be relentless and unforgiving, and I hope that it continues to be now, with the World Cup America two fifty, the twenty twenty eight Olympics in a presidential election all ahead. The Democrats' obstruction is placing an enormous and totally pointless burden on the Secret Service that can get more people killed. Enough is enough. There should be no further debate about this. Democrats need to do what President Trump has been calling on them to do for seventy three days in a row and fund the Department of Homeland Security. Period, this is a national emergency, and every member of Congress needs to put their country over party and get the Department of Homeland Security funded with that. I will take a few of your questions today.
Speaker 3: So powerful statements from Caroline Levitt, but I'm still kind of left wondering, like action. If this is urgent in a national emergency, then where's the action. Aaron McIntyre joins us. He's from Blaze TV. He's got a great show, great follow on X, great thinker or in you and I were texting. I mean, it just feels like this problem is something we've kicked down the rays can We've keep kicking down the road, and we're not dealing with an underlying issue of what we've allowed to be normalized. And the longer we put it off, the more radical the solution becomes.
Speaker 9: Your thoughts are, yeah, I think this is Obviously Donald Trump has received many different death threats and assassination attempts from very early on, and of course these have only accelerated with a level of permissiveness that we've seen. Obviously, I don't need to tell anybody on the Charlie Kirk Show about the horrific nature of left wing violence and the incredible cost that the right is incurring that America is incurring because of what's going on. It's great to talk about they need to fund the Department of Homeland Security. It's good to say that we need to finish the ballroom to make sure that everyone is secure. But as you say, all of this feels like we are not addressing an underlying issue. Now, I will say, obviously, we just saw the Trump administration take its first big blow I think, against the leftist NGO violence machine, the one that pushes the rhetoric that encourages attacks on people like Donald Trump or Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 6: When they went after the SPLC.
Speaker 9: I can't help but notice that just a few days after they take this definitive action, for the first time, we see an assassination.
Speaker 6: I don't know if there's a direct connection, but it's.
Speaker 9: Very clear that the left is pretty used to having a free hand with the encouraging of violence and covering up that violence.
Speaker 6: And so the fact that the Trump.
Speaker 9: Administrations is finally putting pressure on organizations like the SPLC making them pay some kind of real cost for this is critical, and I think we need to see a lot more of that as soon as possible.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, listen, you're talking about the mainstreaming of this stuff. What Caroline said is absolutely right. It is indistinguishable from the type of rhetoric this guy used on Blue Sky, from Anna Navarro, from any number Hassan Pike or Destiny, all these people when they talk about you know, Trump, JB. Pritzker just doubled down Oran talking about how it's actually just Trump who's the one who's been calling for political violence. How many times more times do we need to be like the ones on the other side of an assassin's bullet or an assassination attempt before they own up to the fact that they're encouraging this amongst their own fault and whitewashing it, going to No King's rallies where the signs are held up saying let's kill all tyrants. Somebody's got to do it, and acting like it's totally normal, and they're just, oh, well, they're justified to be so upset, Oran, They're just they had it coming. They shouldn't be such bad people if they don't want to get shot. They have been normalizing this, and yet they keep saying it's both sides, both sides issue. You got Obama going, you know, we got to tone down the you know, no more political violence. While we don't know what his motive was. It's like read the manifesto. It's like he was watching MSNBC, like ms now whatever you want to call it, that's the motivation, Like how what more do we need? And this both sides ism, I'm so sick of it. I don't want to hear another word about it orin your reaction.
Speaker 9: No, it's absolutely insane. But of course left can't admit any of this. There They've been using violence, unadulterated violence.
Speaker 6: For years like that.
Speaker 9: This is how the left operated in the sixties and the seventies. If you look back at the anti war civil rights movement, we have the whole days of rage with the weather underground and the bombings that the left continuously used. They were so violent that eventually Richard Nixon ran one of the most famous campaign as in history, promising to tamp down on the rampant left wing terrorism that was running across the nation.
Speaker 6: So this is a long standing leftist tradition.
Speaker 9: The left rely on this open ability to do violence on one side and expect no repercussions. And if the right even hints at the possibility that they might in some way get kinetic, obviously we see what happened to protesters in January sixth. The right has to start taking this seriously. They have to crack down. They have to destroy the lives of people who want to murder the president, who encourage the murder of conservatives who are out there peddling violence as a solution to political problems. Violence is an incredibly u the destabilizing element in any political system. If you look at something like the Spanish Civil War and the lead up to that Spanish Civil War, it was an assassination after assassination of right wing figures that ultimately drove people like Francisco Franco into power. People tell me that they're concerned, learned about the possible rise of authoritarianism, or you know, the right wings certain to use power in some terrible way. Well, the best way to head that off is to address issues like this now, because if you don't, if you allow the violence to build, if you allow things to continue to stabilize, people will look for someone who can return order, and they will look for whoever will do it.
Speaker 6: However, they will get it done.
Speaker 3: It's a powerful insight. Or And I think you're right. The the fix becomes increasingly drastic and draconian if the Left does not get their people into into order, if they don't stop this incendiary rhetoric and whitewashing the people that are using it supporting them, the fix gets more and more intense and less less enjoyable. I can tell you that. Or And I want to read this tweet or at least part of it from John Favreau, former speech writer for Obama, one of the uh what is it? What's the podcast called God America? Since your question, do Trump supporters who genuinely want to reduce political violence actually think that lobbing transparently hypocritical accusations about the left rhetoric is in any way effective? Are we really going to go through another cycle where MAGA folks point out in cndiary rhetoric on the left without ever acknowledging that some of the most violent and thencendiary rhetoric in America comes from President the president and his supporters. Do you not think that the rest of the country has eyes and ears? I genuinely don't know what the hell he's talking about, because when I play the clips or in let's I'll just pick I have. I have a grab bag here, the team gave me so many. Here here's Destiny talking about how close he came to driving to some guy's house and shooting him. It's not twenty one.
Speaker 11: I was, so you have known, Like it's actually kind of scary, like how close I was to getting people together to go down to his house and kill him and his family.
Speaker 6: I is so closely to address.
Speaker 11: I have streets mapped out in every you have no idea. That's when I first had to get an interest in, like owning a weapon. I got a permit to own a gun and everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, how about this? This is a som piker The New York Times Golden Boy. Uh twenty hurt poor.
Speaker 9: People that they can they they can afford housing in Berkeley.
Speaker 6: I don't know how well.
Speaker 7: My understanding is that the property owners who have properties there choose just not to print it at all.
Speaker 11: Yeah, kill them, kill those, murder those in the street, let the streets, Let the streets soak in their red capitalist bloods.
Speaker 3: Dude, So I don't know what John Favrose talking. I don't know a single conservative that talks like this. I don't. I don't know, and maybe they are, and maybe they're fringy. I condemn you if you are that person. I don't know a single These are mainstream figures on the left. The senators candidates for Senate in Michigan. What's like el say, it's say you or whatever. He's he's campaigning with that guy. So I don't understand what this, you know, both sides is or in. I don't see it. And I'm sick of being called like I'm some fascist nazi that wants blood in the shit. I've never called for that. I don't know anybody respectable that has called for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and when, for example, when the President said that stuff about Rob Reiner said we didn't care for it, No, we didn't like it. And even then, even if it was kind of gross, it was, it was far short of I'm going to go to somebody's house and shoot them, oh kill those m efforts like No, the President doesn't say anything like that yet.
Speaker 3: The Steve Scale shooting, we've got Charlie's assassination, We've got multiple assassination attempts against Trump, Like, what's it going to take before they they put this away or they're just never going to do it. I reflect on it, orn the floor's yours, both sides, both sides needed to calm down.
Speaker 9: Well, like you're saying, even if you could find a bunch of clips of right winger saying something comparable, which I don't think you can, the proof is in the pudding.
Speaker 6: We've seen what's actually happened. The truth is.
Speaker 9: That Joe Biden wasn't dodging bullets on a regular basis, that you didn't see left wing political activists taking bullets when they're at speeches on college campuses. The truth is that we can see what is actually causing violence in the United States. Who's really getting it done, and that's obviously the left.
Speaker 6: And they're never going to stop.
Speaker 9: They're never going to dial this back, they're never going to take ownership for this, They're never going to stop and reflect on what they're doing to the body politic because, like I said, this has been a key feature of leftist politics for decades now, and they expect to get away with unchecked. And so what we need is consequences. There have to be real, serious consequences directly from the government on what's going on here. If every one of these platforms can shut down something like Parlor, because that was supposed to be the way that January sixth was coordinated, then certainly you can shut down something like Blue Sky that currently pumping this rhetoric out routinely.
Speaker 3: All right, But or and I saw you tweet about that, and I thought it was a great point because you know, Parlor was singled out, targeted for inciting violence, and we cried that that was anti free speech. Okay, So what's the argument if we so, if we actually got some backbone and we pressured Tim Cook and Google to take down Blue Sky from the app store, you know what's the counter to that.
Speaker 9: I don't understand at this point people who think that going out and encouraging the murder of conservatives is going to somehow be permissible under any understanding of free speech. Right, Like, there's one thing where we're complaining about how other political parties act. It's another thing to openly and regularly call for violence, which is something we see on Blue Sky a lot. It's not some theoretical thing that's going on over there. And we also know that these groups are coordinating on places like Discord on a regular basis to do violence. Discord knows this coordination is happening. They regularly ban right wing chats where none of this is happening, but they will allow left wing chats where violence is actively being coordinated. So these tech platforms are just allowing for the expression of alternative political views and not here saying we have to shut down all discussion on the efficacy of communism or even open borders immigration. What I'm saying is we have to stop people from openly and repeatedly calling for the murder of conservatives, for planning the murder of conservatives on their plate.
Speaker 3: I totally agree. I think there needs to be drastic measures taken the you know this, the fact that this is not even covered by incitement like this apparently doesn't meet the you know, Hassan Piker calling for blood in the streets of capitalists or whatever doesn't even meet the because it's not a specific imminent threat. It's just like a broad idea, So you can't get them on that. There's gotta be protections for this stuff. Openly calling for political murder and assassination. We played another clip an hour one of Hassan pikers saying, somebody's got to do it, and everybody laughs, and he's like, you all know what I'm talking about. Yeah, because they're all on the discord chats, they're all on Blue Sky, they're all on Reddit. They know exactly what they're talking about. And this guy, this Monaqua, you know, a brewing company. He said, Oh, we got so close to giving you free beer. Somebody's got to get better at marksmanship. We got so close today. This is so prevalent and so mainstreamed on the left that you have there has to be a law. There has and if we don't have one, make a damn law that can attack, like actually convict and prosecute these people that are are throwing our political system in disarray by you know, promoting violence. I mean, Blake you.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm gonna be a skeptic here because I think by this point we're pretty aware of how this plays out, because we've seen it play out online. Every time we're going to pass a law to tamp down on extreme rhetoric online or this or like the latest new threat, it always will end up being used vastly more against the right than the left. So if we pass a law that says you can't advocate violence online, it'll just be they'll continue to advocate violence online, but they'll have another tool to ban the parlors of the future for they don't need to play fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's I think, or yeah, sorry.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 9: Less than new laws, what we need is aggressive enforcement. What we need is the willingness to go after these organizations, to find existing violations, to apply pressure and let the left know that there's a true social cost for what they're doing. Would additional laws be helpful in that, Yes, and if they are, okay, great, But I don't think the key is passing new legislation. I think the key is taking hold of the enforcement mechanism and using those aggressively.
Speaker 6: We've already seen the left do things.
Speaker 9: Like really thoroughly punish anti abortion protesters because they disagree with their politics. We know that they didn't need to write a whole bunch of new laws to make that happen. We can see similar actions from the Trump administration without having to go out there and pass a bunch of draconian laws. We just need to use what's on the books to apply pressure on a regular basis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, and I hope you're right SBLC. Is it the first of many indictments to come down the pike. I certainly hope so. And I know it wasn't lost on me or that there was a connection. Just a couple days after that story broke. I can't say that you know it was the spark, but it was certainly noteworthy. Charlie's last text to Stephen Miller was calling for the need and the urgent need to defund these networks that finance these groups that fund them. But you know, it's gotten. The virus has spread so far that it's like, you know, I don't know how you tackle it all, but I think you're right. You have to start with accountability with some and start sending the message that this isn't okay. But the question then becomes how you don't like new laws? Okay, you can enforce what we already have. I get that. I guess what I'm struggling with here orin is the problem seems so widespread it's difficult to know where to start.
Speaker 9: No, it's obviously a huge problem because, as we both have already acknowledged, we this waited to do this too long, we let it fester, we let it grow, we let it get well beyond what we should have. And now if we want to get root and branch, it's grown so far that we're going to have to go pretty deep to get it out.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 9: Like I said, I think the beginning of this, the dominoes that need to fall, as we're talking about, are hitting groups like the SPLC, the ADL, groups that we know are regularly going after conseratives that are keeping basically hitless databases that allow you to fundraise off of exposing where conservatives live and how to most easily harass them, get them fired, you know, get them docs, all of these things.
Speaker 6: There are entire basically.
Speaker 9: Underground leftist militias doing this twenty four to seven. And they do that because they have the structure, the encouragement, the funding of these major organizations. If we can go out and root that out, will that clean everything out of the system. No, but it will get us some of the key funding mechanisms, the key organizational tools. And I am someone who's a big believer in what we call elite theory. I think that leadership and organization drive political action when the money drives up, when the leadership drives up, when the rhetoric drives up, when the free pass on violence dries up, I think you'll see a lot of this leftist.
Speaker 6: Progressive machine blow away. Not everything.
Speaker 9: We won't magically solve the problem, but I think it does a lot to kind of cut this hydra off, not at each little head, but at the trunk where this thing is really flowing from.
Speaker 3: I think, I think that's right. I think the second you disrupt their networks and their ease of being, their ease of talking, you really do sort of make things very difficult on them. I think you would at least see much less people would be much less inclined to speak openly the way that they are. Listen, the First Amendment is sacricynct. I get that, but I'm starting to get really fed up with people celebrating assassination culture and getting away with it. There's gotta be there's gotta be something that you can do to take these people on and to make their lives a living hell. To be honest, and again I go back to this Monocua guy. You know, he's he's doubling down. He Fox reached out to him for a comment and then basically said Fox is guilty of inspiring all this political violence. Again, this both sides is them. They they they use Trump as the catch all for Oh, we're justified in what we do because Trump. We're justified in the violence that we encourage because Trump. He's the fascist, He's the Nazi. They are so dug into this position that it's difficult to know what to do with it. Orn McIntyre columnist and Blaze TV host Orn McIntyre show, I recommend everybody check it out. Orin is a dissident thinker and he's at the front lines of a lot of the I would say emergent thought on the right. He's a Protestant guy who kind of bridges those worlds too, which is really interesting. Or In, thank you for making the time. He can check him out at Orn McIntyre on X as well, great follow thank you, oron We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 6: Thanks again.
Speaker 4: Guys, Hey, everyon, we're excited to tell you about Charlie's favorite supplement. If you experience brain fog, low energy, frequent illnesses, or if you just wake up stiff and achy every day, you've got to try strong cell. Charlie took it every single day. He frequently talked about it on the show, and he even traveled around the country bringing it with him. For Charlie, strong cell helped keep his mind sharp and focused for all the debates he was engaged in. Strong cell gives clean, natural energy without jitters, weird spikes, or afternoon crashes. It makes you feel like a younger version of yourself. People would often ask Charlie what is strong cell exactly.
Speaker 1: Strong cell uses a proprietary delivery of ANYDH to make sure go straight to your cells to help your mitochondria. And since there are cells in every air of your body, then healthier cells equals a healthier you.
Speaker 4: Strong cell is a nutritional supplement that leverages a remarkable enzyme called na d H. Think of it as the power source for every single cell in your body. With over thirty trillion cells working for you, imagine how great you could feel when they're all functioning at their very best. Unfortunately, as we age our bodies, NADH levels naturally decline, leading to all kinds of ailments and health issues linked with poor cellular health. Unlike many supplements that simply nix ingredients and hope for the best, strong cell has a proprietary delivery system designed to ensure that those ingredients effectively get into your bloodstream where they can truly make a difference. This is crucial, as many supplements on the market are just pretty packaging with no real benefits. Here's the exciting part. You can give strong Cell a try completely risk free. Thanks to strong Cell's ninety day money back guarantee. You can experience this revolutionary product with no worries and no hassles. If it's not for you, no problem, They'll refund your money. With nearly two million units sold, it's no wonder that NADH has become a highly sought after remedy. Remember what you put in your body matters, and you truly get what you pay for. Strong Sell doesn't cut corners, They use the finest ingredients and they adhere to the highest manufacturing standards. So if you're tired of feeling tired, battling brain fog, or just not feeling like yourself, check out strong Cell today. Visit strongsell dot com and use the code Charlie for twenty percent off your order. Charlie always recommended giving strong Cell six to eight weeks to experience its full benefits, so do yourself a favor. Get strong Cell today and give it the time it needs to work its magic.
Speaker 1: That Strongsell dot Com forward slash Charlie, and don't forget to use special disc out code Charlie at checkout to get a special twenty percent off just for Kirk listeners. Strong Sell dot Com forward slash Charlie.
Speaker 3: Check it out right now, we're going to bring in Mark Halprin, who is a friend of the show, and I happened. I didn't see Mark at the event, which you know is kind of sad in retrospect, but I was I was trying to get out and get to my hotel, and I'm looking at news coverage of it and I see him still mulling about on the floor of the ballroom. So Mark, welcome back to the show. Give us your impression of the evening as you saw it from your vantage point, and kind of everything that's ensued sense.
Speaker 7: Mark Alpern, Well, he saw me there because I'm a lingerer. There was reporting to be done, and I'm surprised how quickly everybody left, so I stayed around. And as with some nice people, I think the camera is probably showing them, not me. I think there's three main things I'm focused on about tonight, and I'm happy to talk about him in depth. But one is the security was inadequate. I know the President and others are saying what a great job the service did, and in some level they did, but having I was a guest in the hotel, I was in and around the hotel for three days, and I'm stunned at how lacked the security was from all three floors that are germane to that.
Speaker 8: So I really hope they.
Speaker 7: Learned the lessons of what happened, and I know Cash Bettel said this morning that they were making changes.
Speaker 8: I hope they do.
Speaker 7: Second is the level of liberal media bias just continues. Caroline Levitch just talked about it the briefing. But if someone who'd written the mirror image of what this guy has written, who's been accused of the shooting about Barack Obama, say, and Barack Obama, this is a third time the country tried, somebody tried to kill him, it'd be covered much differently by the media than it's being covered. And I really wish my colleagues would think through that. I know they don't like Donald Trump. I know they like to pretend he didn't win the popular vote in the electoral college, but it's really unfortunate how.
Speaker 8: Divised that is.
Speaker 7: And then lastly, i'd say for those on the right, including the President, who say, you know, we need to lower our voices and changed the rhetoric. The president others on the right who have used inflammatory rhetoric also need to consider their role at all this and if they wanted to change, they can help contribute to it by not just criticizing the left, but also by lowering the level of the rhetoric on the right as well.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest with you, Mark, you are you're unbiased, and I appreciate that, but I'm just, you know, I don't see the both sides asm. You know, I don't. I really don't buy that argument. I understand that that's what the left is saying. I just read John Frose tweet who said, you know, are you guys really going to just, you know, be so hypocritical as to not own your own side? And it's like, well, I don't know about you, Mark, but I don't know how many assassination attempts it's going to take, or successful ones in Charlie's case, before we drop that and the left actually owns their side of the aisle here. I mean, this is just this just happened. This is JB. Pritzker on CNN. It's top thirty three.
Speaker 12: Remember that it's been Donald Trump and the Republicans that have called for political violence there. You know Donald Trump from the very beginning. Remember when he talked about a protester at one of his rallies that they should just beat him up, punch him. You know, He's talked about the death penalty for General Mark Millie. He has called for jailing his political opponents, me included. So this is a president who unfortunately slips into that mode so easily. But I think we should get away from all of that. I'm sure that we can find examples across both sides of the aisle.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we could. We've been playing him on the show all day, so I understand what you're saying, you know, but it's like one side Mark. You know, even when Trump says what he says, he's not saying some vigilanti go out and take him out. But we have multiple examples on the left where that's being essentially vocalized. Right, And I could play you montage I'll play you a ontage that's stripped down. This isn't even the bad one. This is just from elected leaders, from Democrats. Eight. I'll play this and get your reactions. SAT eight.
Speaker 6: People need to start taking to the streets.
Speaker 8: This is a dictator. You know.
Speaker 5: There needs to be unrest in the streets for as long as there's unrest in our lives.
Speaker 10: Enemies of the state.
Speaker 12: Show me where it says that protests are supposed to be polite and peaceful.
Speaker 10: Do something about your dad's immigration practices.
Speaker 6: Effectless honor, they go low.
Speaker 1: How do you resist the temptation to run up and wring her neck?
Speaker 3: Biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized up.
Speaker 1: To the right.
Speaker 6: I thought he should have punshed him in the face.
Speaker 8: I'd like to punch him in the face.
Speaker 9: I should if we're in high school, I take it behind the gym and beat the hell.
Speaker 8: Out of him.
Speaker 6: Punch some people in the face.
Speaker 3: When was the last time an actor assassinated and the president?
Speaker 2: They're still going to have to go out and put a bullet in Donald Trump.
Speaker 8: And that's a fact.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, these are montage to other people put together. I could agree with some of the clips, others not so much. But the point is, like this fascist tyrant stuff, this Nazi stuff, it is totally saturated certain quarters of Reddit and certain quarters of Blue Sky. I just don't see it both ways. And I'm open to your arguments here.
Speaker 7: You and I agree about two things and maybe disagree about one. The two we agree about is the comments you just played. You could you could play comments like that for five hours from top elected officials and people in the blue media, and and and there's no there's almost no accountability for it. And we agree that the press is completely biased about all this stuff and don't treat the two sides equally. So those are two asymmetries that are super important. And you and I I don't think disagree a shred.
Speaker 8: About those things. And I've said that a lot. I think the thing it seems.
Speaker 7: We disagree about is you can't say that the rhetoric on the right and you have to say it's equal if you don't want to, but you have to say the president has engaged in course rhetoric. Also, you know, he celebrated the death of Rob Reiner, someone who was very important to people on the left, I could give you one hundred examples if you'd like that are comparable.
Speaker 3: So just so you know what, we condemned that on this show. Actually, and I wrote something very nice about Rob Reiner when he has.
Speaker 8: I'm glad, but not everybody in the right ays.
Speaker 7: I would say the mass pardon of the January sixth the people convicted for crimes connected to January sixth, same thing.
Speaker 8: You can say you.
Speaker 7: Don't condemn it, but it really does divide the country. So it doesn't mean I'm saying everything's equal. It's not both sidism. But the president, if you agree with me about the Brob Briner one, I could probably get you to agree to one hundred others. The president, if he really wants to bring the country together, doesn't mean he has to turn the other cheek for the outrages of the first two categories. But he can't say there's no third category because you've acknowledged there's at least one, and there's a lot more.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would acknowledge that there are certain things that the President has said that are rough and gruff. I certainly agree with that, but I would say say that you know when when you're looking at it from a perspective of what he's been up against. I actually understand that he's want he wants to fight back and push back. But again, there is a distinction between vigilanteism and assassination culture. What you hear from a Hassan piker and the glorification of Luigi Mangioni compared to saying somebody should get the death penalty, meaning like through the system, he should be prosecuted, held accountable. There should be you know, one side is using this. When you hear that rhetoric from one side, it's very distinct. It's one side saying use the system to hold people accountable, the other side saying blood in the streets, and I just it's not it's not equivalent in my mind to kind.
Speaker 4: Of tie them together here, I think the best part point for what Marcus arguing is Donald Trump is the president of the United States. There is a certain weight that comes to everything a president does. He certainly has vastly more power to make sure anyone hears what he says. It affects people a lot more what he says, and he said some stuff that you and I have both said.
Speaker 2: It's not very presidential. It's not good.
Speaker 4: Frankly, it's not even it's not even good politically well.
Speaker 7: But just but it also to take agree with what you just said, it also divides the country.
Speaker 8: You just can't deny that it also divides the country.
Speaker 7: It doesn't, it doesn't erase the first two categories that I said, but it's a reality that it divides the country. And as you guys know, there are many Republicans who you're friends with who feel even more strongly than you do, who support the president, but feel more strongly than you do even an express it sometimes about how di visits the president can be in their view unnecessarily and Blake, as you said, sometimes not in his political interest.
Speaker 4: Yes, But at the same time, I think in terms of really trying to lay out specific cases where they seem dead serious that political violence is justified, I do think we see that more on the left, and we've seen it a decade at this point, and it's coming the whole office when he took out, it comes through in the polling where they say more explicitly sometimes violence is good. We've seen, for example, at the start of the president's first term so well before he said a lot of the thing before January sixth, before anything he said about Rob Reiner, we had the wholy one.
Speaker 3: When is it okay to punch a Nazi?
Speaker 4: That was a big talking point that went around on the left to justify why Antifa might assault people at the inauguration or at other events. This is there is a history to this to the left that I think we see it bubbling up more and more. We even see it in other countries. In Italy, I believe they elected a member of Antifa to the European Parliament or their own parliament just so that they wouldn't get arrested for literally assaulting someone with a hammer. I think there is something to be said that the left has street violence and occasionally assassination more baked into its political rhetoric and its political practice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and my colleagues in the press.
Speaker 7: If my colleagues in the press covered it fairly and equally and equitably, I think I think everybody'd be better off because there wouldn't be so much resentment on the right and the president wouldn't feel satisfied as he often does and saying I'm a counterpuncher. I'm just going after people like Rob Ryer who went after me that's that's the people who are at fault as much as anybody else is people in the press who cover one side tough and the other side barely at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I agree with that completely. I Mark, stay right there. I want to talk about, you know, the issue of live events, of gathering together in public. There's a whole move of people that are saying which can't do it anymore, and I think that'll be a tragedy for the country. All right, So the Jimmy Kimmel instant. I'm going to talk about this first, So we'll play the clip he did a mock I guess White House correspondent speech, and we'll play the clip top thirteen.
Speaker 6: Of course, our first Lady, Malania is here.
Speaker 3: Look at more so beautiful missus Trump, you have a glow like an expectant widow. So so. Milania now has tweeted and said Kimmel's hateful and violent rhetoric is intended to divide our country. His monologue about my family isn't comedy. His words are corrosive and deepens the political sickness within America. And then she eventually says, enough is enough. It's time for ABC to take a stand. How many times will ABC's leadership enable Kimmel's atrocious behavior at the expense of our community. Trump is just truth social basically saying it's he's no way and funny, terrible television ratings. He was there for an very obvious he's talking about the shooter. Basically, they're all taking shots at Kimmel. Sorry, I'm just reading this because it just broke right as we as we brought this up, and he says Jimmy Kimmel should be immediately fired by Disney and ABC. Thank you for very attention to this matter. I happened to. I think Jimmy Kimmel is a scumbagwet I tweeted as much over the weekend. I still am not over the fact that he called Charlie's assassin part of MAGA and then had a chance to apologize take it back, he didn't correct the record. I think he's a coward. But this is America. There is free speech. How do you square that circle?
Speaker 7: Look, on the one hand, as he said, free speech, on the other, fifty percent of America has had to deal with the reality that these broadcast networks think it's fine to have all liberals and anti Trump people host these shows. It's not equitable, it's not symmetrical, it's not fair. I think it's fine even though the president overseas CFCC. I think it's fine for the Trumps to have free speech in reaction to Jimmy Kimmel's offensive humor to them and say he should be fired. And it's fine if ABC doesn't want to fire him. They're a private company. The market should decide if his ratings are good and ABC wants to keep him on, and if people want to accept that, that's fine. I just as always I say, if Jimmy Kimmel had made that joke about Barack Obama and to Michelle Obama, imagine what the coverage would be like. And the dominant media covers this story to the extent they cover it, and I've been watching cable. I've not seen it on cable yet all day since the First Lady first went on Twitter. But they covered barely at all, and they covered kind of like an interesting media story rather than the way they would cover it if a comedian had said it about Michelle Obama, that they'd be covering it as an outrage and demanding the guy be fire. So you know, that's part of what drives this is it's people on the right who feel it's just not fair that Jimmy Kimmel and ABC act like he's just a comedian, when in fact he's a partisan.
Speaker 3: I want to play I want to show you a tweet from Charlie, he said. Assassination culture is spreading on the left. Forty eight percent of liberals say it would be at least somewhat justified to murder Elon Musk. Fifty five percent said the same about Donald Trump. In California, activists are naming ballot measures after Luigi Mangioni. The left is being whipped into a violent frenzy. Any setback, whether losing an election or losing a court case, justifies maximally violent response. This is the natural outgrowth of left wing protest culture tolerating violence in Mayhem's for years on end. The cowardice of local prosecutors and school officials have turned the left into a ticking time bomb. And then there's the grafts, uh, you know, justifying that it was a poll that was taken. Is it safe to hold events mark with the in this climate?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm very disappointed, as I said, in an earlier segment about the level of lack of security at the dinner, I think I think there's a way to secure almost any venue if you spend enough money on it and give the professionals enough time. So we have to have events. And I couldn't agree with the president more. You can't let people exercise a veto, a terrorist TechEd veto over overholding public events. So yeah, we just we just need to plan and we need to secure, and we need to spend the money to do it.
Speaker 8: But it's vitally important. And I mean the.
Speaker 7: Reality is just has been a reality since nine to eleven. Now, you know, quarter century. We we we have an incredibly open society. We you know, Charlie knew full well, you guys know better than I do. Charlie knew full well that there were dangers to going out, and he had security. But our society is open and if somebody's determined, even with the president United States.
Speaker 8: They can get a shot.
Speaker 7: So it's imperative to have good people in public life. There'll be people who don't run for president in twenty twenty eight who otherwise would have run because their families say no, too dangerous. And if you're not Donald Trump with your own plane and your own ability to afford security. It's a risk no matter who you are. So we got to spend enough money to keep people safe, so the national ten square is available to everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 4: I think we have to acknowledge the risk, but we can't allow ourselves to live as a society under siege. I think we need to rebuild the moral consensus against this. One of the things we've talked about Frankly, I just I think this would be useful is if we just said, if you attempt to assassinate a public figure, even if you fail, it should be capital crime. It should be like this person, he should face the death penalty for what he did, because that is one of the ways you send the message this is not acceptable in this society. We debate things, we vote on things, we argue about things.
Speaker 3: We do not.
Speaker 4: Try to shoot people for what their views are, period. And I think we build that consensus.
Speaker 3: And I think that's and I think that's what we're arguing about here, because right now we're stuck at this, like both sides thing and the left is saying the right started it. The right is saying the left started it. Frankly, I think the argument is stronger in our favor, but we're just still arguing about you know, is that he said, she said, It's a it's a circular argument. I don't know where we're going to get anywhere, but at some point I think that my inclination is there has to be real consequences rooting out some of the support structures and permission structures that enable this, because if you look at the polling mark there's a lot more liberals that think this is okay than conservatives. As a matter of fact, the more conservative are, the less you agree that this is justifiable. So final ten to fifteen seconds.
Speaker 7: To you, Mark, I just the left should not be passive or complacent because the media favors them on this.
Speaker 8: They should really look at themselves.
Speaker 7: Everybody in public life should look at themselves and say are they contributing to this or not?
Speaker 3: Mark Alprin, it was good to see you on TV. I'm sorry I didn't see you in the room.
Speaker 8: I'll see it the next one. I'll see it the next one.
Speaker 3: We'll see you later. For more on many of these stories and news you can trust, go to Charliekirk dot com,