Speaker 1: All right. First of all, I just want to say that color looks absolutely stunning on you.
Speaker 2: It looks likewise on you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Twins. Totally unintentional on our part, but we welcome you back here to be WORLDLDSHO podcast friends, thanks for being here once again. Today we were talking about some marriage and fidelity, believe it or not, controversial topic and subject quite taboo, but there's been some online chatter this week about exactly that with some people that are far more prominent and well known than we are online, which I'm okay with, Yeah, and for a variety of reasons, stuff like this being one of them. But there have been a couple of instances of some female wives, some ladies who have been getting a lot of input, let's say, from their individual audiences, and we wanted to discuss that because it goes into just something greater, whether it be faith, religion, marriage, the interpersonal communication that we have with our audiences. So let's jump into that discussion without wasting any time. If I seem a little off today, it's because two of our babies are out of the house and off the property.
Speaker 2: And our actual baby did not sleep oh wink. Last night and you woke up inconsolable four times. He's got two top teeth coming in, some allergies going on. It was brutal.
Speaker 1: It has been a day, day, It has been a day. But Kaimani and Neva are audit here and I'm always very distracted when my babies aren't near to you and I we like.
Speaker 2: The death things to be under the wings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially with Kaimani because big difference between a young man, young teenage boy and a female daughter. Anyway, I'm wasting time. I said, if we were going to do that, let's jump into the conversation.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this week I saw that Hannah Nielman. She most of you guys know her as Ballerina Farms. She is probably the most prominent trad wife, which is short for a traditional wife. She is one of the LDS influencers in Utah. So we have seen a lot of yeschad wife influencers a rise up because this whole take back femininity movement has exploded on Instagram and TikTok and now it's pouring over onto YouTube as well.
Speaker 1: I'm not seeing any of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably not fit to you. So essentially it's this beautiful aesthetic of motherhood and having lots of free range babies, and everything's natural wood colored, and there's aprons, and there's chickens, and there's barefoot babies and overalls with like one strap hanging, and there's sour dough. There's all of that.
Speaker 1: So this is athetic, it's an esthetic. This is all a portrayal. Like everything you see online.
Speaker 2: I find it. I have mixed opinions on it because I think part of it sets an unrealistic expectation for what motherhood and being a wife looks like. But at the same time, it's wholesome content and it sure beats like the only fans stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you like it, so be it, just not in my couple of tea.
Speaker 2: I think that it's wholesome and it's beautiful, but I understand that it's an aesthetic and that it's performative, and then enjoy it understanding. Yes, yeah, because nobody's life is perfect. Nobody just silently speaks in a whisper while making sour dough with eight children at their feet. If you have eight children at you, well yeah, I'll bake bread with children at my feet. But it's like he's pulling my pants down, like, grab him, somebody grab him. My hands are sticky, you know, that's what it sounds like. It doesn't sound like this.
Speaker 1: It's chaos. Yes, fairness is and that's okay.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful chaos, but it is what it is. That does not make a good aesthetic. Nobody wants to watch that.
Speaker 1: So how did she step in it? This week? And then we'll let's delve into the background on her and her husband as well, because that's the part that I actually found interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I find Hannah Nielman very interesting. The reason they're called ballerina farms is because she was a prima ballerina at New York's Julliard and she met her husband. I believe they got married eleven or twelve years ago. She met her husband at Juilliard. I don't know why he was skulking around Juilliard looking for a ballerina, but essentially he was very wealthy. His family owns Jet Blue, the airline, and he asked her out. She said no. He asked her out again, she wasn't interested. Then he somehow figured out what flight she was on, bought a ticket, made sure that he was sitting there holst to her, for sure, stopper. It's a little weird I would think so as a young.
Speaker 1: Girl, no judgment.
Speaker 2: They were the same age, so it's not I'd be a little weirded out. But he really wanted to meet Hannah. He really wanted to date Hannah. She took it as Okay, this guy's really serious about it. I'll give him a first date. They hit it off, they got married. Since then, they have had eight children in eleven years until this week. And they just announced maybe five or six days ago through an ad campaign that she was pregnant with number nine and ready to burst pregnant with number nine.
Speaker 1: So this came as a surprise to everyone.
Speaker 2: Yep, they were hiding it and.
Speaker 1: So joyous congratulations. It should be a happy occasion.
Speaker 2: It should, for sure. So what they did is so they have a lot of products. She's kind of ane. Joanna gains in a way because they're going to eventually be having a store where you can go and shop. I think you can already shop the store, but they think they were talking about doing a bakery and other stuff, so essentially like a Magnolia Market, but Ballerina.
Speaker 1: Farm because they are both eldos yep.
Speaker 2: They have. I mean, she has nine million million followers on TikTok, seven and a half million followers on Instagram, one point six million on YouTube. She is huge. She has got a massive following. And so it's not like she's a stay at home mom. She's a mogul. She's very successful at what she does, and I think that's great. And so they have like all kinds of stuff. I actually really like their Electrolyt drink. If you're looking for a good I buy it. I drink it. I did through my pregnancy because she did through her pregnancy, so I trusted it because her babies are healthy, and so now they just are releasing a protein powder. And the commercial was beautiful, and it was all of these Juilliard dancers doing ballet and then it was her and it was the slogan was something like strength but it looks different now, our strength on a different stage or something like that. And she's talking about motherhood. So she's watching these dancers dance like she used to, and then she pulls her jacket back and she's big and pregnant with number nine. Beautiful commercial. I loved it, and the internet lost their minds Baby number nine he's breeding her like a cow. This is just ridiculous. This man is manipulating her and all of this and the whole thing started because I think it was The London Times did an article on her where they essentially asked to come out and meet the most famous trat wife and do a article on her family. She agreed. They were very kind. They had this reporter in their home and you know that old story, how that goes there done that, they wrote essentially a hit piece on ballerina farm and on Hannah and her husband and how she was this gorgeous dancer and all she ever wanted to be was a ballerina and now she's this this stay at home trad wife that is just bred yearly. All she's allowed to do is have babies, and a lot of stuff has been kind of taken.
Speaker 1: They're grossed up by the fact that she abandoned this independent streak as a strong woman and she gave all that up for this traditional lifestyle where she is having a litter of.
Speaker 2: Children, yes, a litter of children.
Speaker 1: That there's anything wrong with her, no, And she.
Speaker 2: Homeschools, she doesn't have a nanny, which I'm like, hey, we've got a wealthy family here that doesn't utilize a nanny. I think that's fantastic, and she runs a business. To me, she's a true proverb thirty one woman.
Speaker 1: It's really refreshing, especially having gotten to know so many people in the online space. We are parents who, much like we said here at the jump of this episode of podcasts, we like our babies to be close. We're always around. We do the homeschooling thing. But you know, obviously, but so many people become so dedicated and devoted to creating content that they will like very happily cast their children aside and I'll offer them to be raised essentially by somebody else, which I don't personally agree with.
Speaker 2: Right, they will get nanny's for the daytime, nanny's for the nighttime. And we see that with gossipy podcasters, for example, that I think that children don't wake up at two thirty in the morning because that's when their rem sleep is, and it's.
Speaker 1: I was totally unaware of this, but I'm making an assumption annoying that we were talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about Cantazon. So she literally was attacking Erica Kirk because Erica said the night before Charlie was assassinated that their daughter woke up at two in the morning and got into their bed, which she regularly does. Yeh, so total sidebar. Anyway, the fact that she was like a childrenn get up at two thirty. I'm thinking this woman as a night nanny if you don't know that children regularly get up at two thirty because they don't know that rem sleep is on a schedule, because it's not anyway, total cyber. See I'm just now I'm venting go back in my little so with Hannah Nielman. She doesn't have nanny's I respect that she homeschools her kids. She bakes from scratch, she has a beautiful garden. Does she have a staff and that's why her place looks fantastic. Absolutely, they have a staff, but the staff does not nanny the children. She raises her babies. And that was part of the criticism of this article. They're like she took her baby, who was very young at the time, and laid it on her chest, where it remained for the four hour interview, like as if that was a bad thing. Fantastic, Yeah, so we're babies, her babies stay and it's funny because I get a lot of crap for that too. I wear Micah a lot. If the weather is nice, I will be wearing Micah as long as he's tolerating it. We all do it, Yeah, and we all sleep with Micah, you and.
Speaker 1: I, especially the kids. The kids do a great job too. We cherish him because we now have the benefit of hindsight and knowing that this goes really quickly, and so we are soaking up every moment that we possibly can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, contact napping didn't used to be a thing, but it's very much now. We know all of the mental benefits and all of the physical benefits of contact napping. They sleep better, they feel more secure, it's good for their cortisol levels, and awesome. It's so awesome, like your little head and their little noises and their little mouth and breath. It sounds good anyway anyway, An there's that. So Hannah does a great job. And if she wants to have nine babies, go for it, like she is killing it. They can afford it. She's there for them. The kids look happy, healthy, they're always interacting. I don't see any problem with it. But the internet is saying there's a few things. One is why are you bringing children into such a broken world when all this stuff is happening all of you know, war on the horizon, and why would you ever bring children into a world that looks like this, especially so many children? And then the other criticism is you can't possibly love that many children or give them the attention that they need.
Speaker 1: Absord So what do you take? What you take on? Honestly, I will go off on this topic if you'd like me too.
Speaker 2: I've been sharing about my favorite clean makeup and skincare brand for a few weeks now, and I've had so many of you guys writing to ask me what is the name of it? So it is Tooops and Cut and I'm absolutely in love with everything that I've tried so far. When I actually started paying attention to ingredients and fragrances, I realized that I've been slathering hundreds of harmful chemicals onto my skin my entire life. And our is our body's largest organ Everything that we put on it is absorbed right into our bodies. So I instantly dumped all my old skincare and makeup for Toops and Co. Now what I absolutely loved about Toops and Co Was they use only super clean ingredients. I can get everything I need in one place, and they have really nice products that also nourish my skin while I wear them now. I absolutely hate cakey makeup that feels heavy or greasy and it settles into all my fine lines. But Toops and Cod just feels so light and it looks really natural. Normally I avoid liquid foundation, but I absolutely love theirs. Today I'm wearing the primer, the liquid foundation, the cream blush, the natural eyepalette, the mascara, and the lipstick, and they are by far my favorite makeup that I've ever tried. Besides the makeup, I have been loving the bombs. The Frankinson's balm is a fantastic natural retinol alternative, and the body bombs are so moisturizing and they smell amazing. I also got Baby Mica the Baby Bomb, and it clears up all that teething rash and his chapped little chin and cheeks overnight, and I highly recommend it to anyone that has littles in their life. So if you're like me and you want to clean up your health and everything that you're putting on your skin without giving up quality, definitely go check out tups and Co. In fact, you will get twenty five percent off your first order by going to toopsinco dot com slash old soul and when you do, remember to use our code old soul for twenty five percent off your first order.
Speaker 1: I will go off on this topic if you'd like me too, because I get so sick and tired. We get some of this too. We have five kids. I love all of my children. It doesn't take away any ounce of love, care, or affection having a number of children. It really does not, especially when it comes to Michael. Like I said, experiences taught us so much and it's amplified that love tremendously. Plus, people can have as many kids as they freaking want to. Sorry is if you have the means to do so, and you know you're providing your children with a fantastic quality of life. I don't care if you have twelve kids. I don't care if you have twenty kids. It pisses me off that anyone out there would try to encourage somebody else to make the conscious decision to deprive themselves of the long term happiness that you get to experience with having a large family. It's not only fantastic from a parental standpoint, but now that we have older children and a younger child, a one year old nearly one year old, crazy to say, it's so beautiful to watch them interact. It is so incredibly fulfilling. There is nothing greater. And you know, I'm somebody who was raised as an only child. I didn't have any of this experience growing up myself. Yeah, being a parent and seeing all of this come together, there's something that's so pure about it and just raw. It warms your heart like nothing else in this world.
Speaker 2: I love siblings.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I grew up with siblings. You didn't, so you didn't have that experience. When we first started having children, you were, we had you were. If you don't have any more kids, I'm good. I'm good with one. There's something wrong with raising one child. And then we had the two and you were good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've come around over time, But I mean, I guess the biggest my biggest gripe is the fact that, like you, anyone out there feels comfortable telling somebody else what they should do with their own lives. You know, if it's a situation where like you don't have the means okay, so so be it. Maybe there's you know, a private, actually conversation that can take place and transpire, but like you don't, you don't get to tell anybody else in this world what it is that they can or cannot do. I'm sorry, I don't.
Speaker 2: Agree with Tucker's whole have more kids than you can like you always said, they have more kids than you can afford. I see what he's saying. I get, but I don't think you should have more kids than you can afford, and you shouldn't make it somebody else's problem. I also don't think you should keep popping out kids if you're not going to actively be there to raise them, if you're just throwing them into daycare and you're going back to work, and you're putting your priorities or what you want or what you think you need, but it's really it's what you want above the welfare of your children, because I truly think that, at least for the first three to four years, your children need to be at home with mom all day. I truly truly believe that for their mental well being. And I've seen a lot of stuff on that there was this whole healthy attack disorder thing going on where they showed two children, and there was this one little girl who was very uncomfortable in this play public play situation, and she was holding on to her mom, and when her mom left the room, she melted down. They had a stranger come in and show her all these toys and try to entertain her, and the little girls not having it. She was hiding, and then when her mom came back, she ran to her.
Speaker 1: Crying proper response.
Speaker 2: And then they showed a little girl who's playing with her mom in this public play area. Then the mom leaves. The little girl doesn't even notice mom left, She's just playing. A stranger comes in, starts showing her toys. She plays with the stranger in the same way that she was playing with her mom. She did not care that she didn't know that woman.
Speaker 1: That's a product of our society and we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They were asking the Internet, which one is proper attachment, and almost everybody said the little girl that was unfazed, and the correct answer was no, the little girl who was very alarmed that her mother was leaving, that a stranger was entering. That's proper attachment at the age of two. That is the way that it's supposed to be. Micah hates when I leave, if I go to the bathroom, he melts down. But you know what, he's ten months old, and at his age, that is proper attachment. He realizes that we are separate people now, lifelines. He realizes that I can leave and he doesn't like that, And that's actually a healthy feeling and soul.
Speaker 1: Those are the things that people are willing to criticize and critique. Right, you're holding your child too much with me, You're holding out that I can't hold my child enough. You're having too many kids. Granted, there are situations where maybe that can be the case, but when you're talking about it, just a normal, happy, healthy family who functions in a way that is isn't a detriment to anybody. Why are you speaking up having five children brings me tremendous joy. Why would you ever try to go out of your way to make that a negative thing. I just don't understand this mentality.
Speaker 2: And having nine children brought them tremendous joy. And she is sitting in bed looking fantastic right after she gave birth to her ninth child. Fantastic. She's oh, by the way, baby number nine arrived last night. So I'm like you, also, you haven't slept and you look like that.
Speaker 1: You just fresh criticize that more than having nine children, because you know that's not the case. In the other way, to make things look a certain way.
Speaker 2: They were just announcing her birth. It was very quick. It was a quick little story baby.
Speaker 1: Number nine, and very raw.
Speaker 2: She looked like she had just given birth. She was still in bed. I'm pretty sure she was still sitting on the little birth pad and whatever.
Speaker 1: And she had the baby visioning something else.
Speaker 2: But no, she was no makeup. She she just looks that way. It's a woman's beautiful. She's just granola to the mass, but in the best glowy way. I must know what she should buy the protein.
Speaker 1: So all of the criticism has revolved around the fact that they're having just too.
Speaker 2: Many kids, too many kids, and that the internet is convinced that this woman is being held captive by this man and that he is forcing her to have these babies that she doesn't want. And I recognize that newborn bliss. She literally said, we're just in newborn bliss right now. And she has eighteen months old or two year old and pretty much every eighteen months. She's had a baby for the last eleven years.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of kids in a very short period of time. But again, that's their life, so be it. They get to decide for themselves. What I think all of that stems from is just the fact that you have certain people, certain groups of people, who have this thought process where like, no, we need to leave all of that behind, We need to evolve, move on and become something new entirely. Women especially need to embrace this streak of independence that that so many of them have. And maybe she did genuinely feel that way at one point in time when she was attending Juilliard, but you're allowed to change your mind right and think for yourself and find that happiness and fulfillment for yourself. For them to go out of their way to vilify her husband by default and say, no, this is your doing. You just manipulated her. We have a great example of actual spousal manipulation that we're going to discuss here in a second, and that'll be Yeah, I can't wait to dive into that one. But for both of them, if they're happy, if they're contented and they're ecstatic with their situation. Good for them. Shut your mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. And the business building is tremendou it's very successful. I hope that they continue their success. I think that they have a very beautiful example. If I see differently, I'll say I was wrong. But them right now, they seem happy, they seem healthy.
Speaker 1: They're a family and people who should be looked at as being like an example of what is possible again, you know, like I hate seeing this, whether it be somebody who finds financial success, find success within their family, it's like, let's let's tear that person down because they broke away from the herd and they're doing their own thing and they found something that works for themselves. I had the inability thus far to do that, so I got to come after you. I got to pull you back down into the bucket. How dare you thrive and be successful where I'm not?
Speaker 2: And her being successful as a trad wife does not destroy.
Speaker 1: The you know, it doesn't take anything, doesn't take anything.
Speaker 2: Away from somebody who chooses not to have children, or chooses a career, or chooses to have a boy and a girl and that's it and be done. It doesn't affect those people, so She's not going after you, So why are people if you.
Speaker 1: Are that independent woman and U chose career over having a traditional family and lifestyle. Again, congratulations, do what you want to do. Everybody else should shut their mouths.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, So anyway, congratulations to the Nielman family. Corret adorable. All right, guys, Easter is just around the corner and we're all starting to think about filling up those baskets for all the little ones in our lives now. For many kids today, Easter means egg hunts, candy, and of course the Easter Buddy. These are all really fun traditions, but they can also overshadow the true meaning of why we celebrate Easter and how the resurrection of Jesus changed everything.
Speaker 1: So they usually try to find the perfect basket stuffers. Definitely go check out the incredible story that Brave Books just released from Christian apologists Melissa Doherty called The Day That Made the Way to help families clearly explain the real story of Easter and the gospel behind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, The Day That Made the Way is a sweet story about creatures living in darkness until light enters the world, helping kids understand big biblical ideas like sin, redemption, and why Jesus had to die and rise again.
Speaker 1: Milsa wrote it because she knows firsthand how easily people can be drawn towards spiritual ideas that sound good but drift away from biblical truth, especially if they were never grounded in scripture early in life.
Speaker 2: In addition to the Day That Made the Way, Brave also has a very sweet Easter bundle that is perfect for every basket. This year, I got the whole bundle and there are two incredible books, a coloring book and activity books, stickers, colored pencils, and the cutest, softest bunny. Just add some sweets in your all set.
Speaker 1: Also right now, if you join the Brave Book Club, which we've been telling you guys about for months now, you'll get The Day That Made the Way for free, along with the new children's book each month designed to help families teach biblical values and a Christian worldview. When you go to Brave Books dot Com slash Easter. Okay, story number two. This is the one that I'm excited to jump into because you I'm not familiar with this. I have no first hand experience in reviewing any of this, but you and a Vela were going off telling me about it and this is insanity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I told you a little bit about it when we were in Hawaii. That's when the story broke, and then since then I've just kind of been following it.
Speaker 1: And before we even jumped into this, I'm your premise, preface. Excuse me this, Parson of the conversation, I say, like, we're not We're not trying to judge, as I'm sure some people will perceive this to be. Like, this isn't about judgment. This is about people who are public figures who put this.
Speaker 2: They put this out publicly. This isn't gossip or slander. This is something that they have turned into content. And so when you turn it into content, I feel like it's okay too.
Speaker 1: And I genuinely wish them both the best. However, we are going to just analyze this situation because it's it's very complex and it ties it interfines into its faith, religion specifically, and just what we perceive to be right and wrong in a marriage.
Speaker 2: Yes, and yeah, like you said, it goes into a broader discussion of what modern churches or what modern Christianity says versus what is actually biblically based. All right, I think that's really important. So there is If you guys remember the Douggers, I'm sure you did, there was another family called the Baits and they had Bringing Up Baits and it was the Dougger's best friends and they were featured in one another's content and I was called Bringing Up Baits and the Baits on the Dugger Show. They wore the big dress. They dressed more prairie.
Speaker 1: They had the look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had the look where the Douggers had kind of moved past that. They still wore the skirts and everything, but they didn't wear the homemade dresses and everything. And the Baits still really look like they were definitely into that cult still. I mean the Douggers were a cult and everything too.
Speaker 1: The Butunners, the Asners, but.
Speaker 2: Well they're not bunners. Bunners are the ones that were their.
Speaker 1: Hair and look that branch of Christianity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Washington there's a religion where it's probably other places too, but definitely in the Pacific Northwest, there was this religion where they had a bunch of kids and they all the women were regarded were their hair in a bun and so everybody called them bunners. And so these ones wear their hair big and puffy and curly and the big prairie dresses. So anyway, that was the Baits and bringing up bits that a lot of you guys have probably watched the show or at least are familiar with them. So now that the girls have gotten older and the boys have gotten older, a lot of them have left the religious cult that they were a part of, and now they wear jeans and stretch pants and woo, you know, they're yeah, they're being risky ladies and their yoga pants. So Katie Baits was one of the girls that had left, and then she married Travis Clark. Travis Clark is kind of an up and coming or I don't even know if he's up and coming. Maybe he's just a small time Christian singer. And he was featured a little bit on the show when they were recording, and then they got married four years ago and they've since had two children. So she blew up on Instagram and they had a YouTube channel as well, making kind of similar content to Ballerina Farm, but not not at all in the same It wasn't as like Gee Home Steady it wasn't home steady at all. She's she lives, she dresses nice, and she's into fancy hair and makeup and all of that. And it's not the hair, yeah, for sure, she's it's a different aesthetic, but it's still like that that mom kids. This is how we do at birthday parties? Is that kind of stuff. So anyway, Travis and her would always make these reels back and forth of how much they appreciated one another, what a wonderful husband he is. She just posted a reel a couple months ago saying I'm rich because he's the father of my children, and then shows him playing with their kids. Back in December was their four year anniversary, and he had this whole reel where he put together these roses and blew up balloons and everything to surprise her on their four year anniversary. And I watched it and I got kind of an ick from it because it was so performative. It was way more. It didn't come across as authentic.
Speaker 1: At all, welcome to social media.
Speaker 2: It came across as so performative, like, look at what a wonderful husband I was. And so often when somebody feels the need to show how wonderful of a husband they are, or how wonderful of a father.
Speaker 1: They are over compensating.
Speaker 2: They're overcompensating for something. So for some reason, Travis has always given me like, eh, I just he comes across as a like a Hillsong mega church Christian that maybe is not so biblically based and more performative and more you know. I don't know, there's just there's a type I know where I don't quite believe it. And so anyway, turns out she got pregnant with their third child, and they announced the pregnancy and all of that, and then she announces that she has miscarried and lost the baby in January. The very next day, he announces on his social media that he had an affair.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, before we can get to that point, didn't he put out some kind of a video notification that they were going to stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I showed you that. It was right before we left for Hawaii. They put out a video saying, this is our last video ever, not clickbait.
Speaker 1: We're quitting the channel. We're going with this, And I've watched.
Speaker 2: Quite a few of her things, so I clicked on it.
Speaker 1: I'm like not a very detailed explanation. From what I remember, it's just thank you for being here. We're good, We're done with this for now, we're going to focus on family.
Speaker 2: I thought it was weird because she worked so hard to build her Instagram and her TikTok and her YouTube, and the YouTube was really just starting to take off, and all of a sudden, they're just.
Speaker 1: Out, doesn't that up?
Speaker 2: And they said that it was because he was doing nursing school and it was just too much to balance. But it still it didn't pass the smell test for me. But she looked happy and fine and whatever. And I don't think when they did the video that she was aware that he was having an affair and he wanted to end the channel. This is just my assumption, but he wanted to end the channel in preparation for confessing that he was having.
Speaker 1: To creatively put an end to everything, knowing that there was some heavy criticism that was about to come his way.
Speaker 2: Right, and that they wouldn't be able to balance everything.
Speaker 1: So how does all of this come to light?
Speaker 2: So it all comes to light the day after she has this the next day, the next day, which further tells me he was either being blackmailed by the other girl, or something happened during the miscarriage that brought it to light. Some people were saying that, I don't know, I don't want to spread rumors, but this was a speculator that something had come to light that maybe either caused a miscarriage, or during the miscarriage, the doctor maybe noticed something that brought to light, like possibly with like an STD or something like that that brought to light that he was having an affair. This is all total speculation. May not be the case. Maybe the girlfriends like tell her that's a private matter. Yeah, so something happened that made him confess publicly on Instagram via an Instagram story to the world that he had cheated on her multiple times.
Speaker 1: It's it's deeper than that. Even so, you said that she she was putting out posts, but the fact that he was working so hard and that she was so appreciative to him because the nursing school was taking such a toll that there were times where he had to spend the night the night out of their home. And it turns out that I mean common sense toopeless too. You know, I think the any logical finding would be that he wasn't going home because he was cheating on her. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So she put out a reel that she was making a miss favorite dinner because he was a nursing school and he was working so hard. So she put together this whole dinner and she made the house of all cute and clean, and got the kids all dressed up, and they were all excited because Daddy was coming home that night. And she said, he's been working so hard that he's been staying out really late at night, and some nights he doesn't even come home so he doesn't disturb us, working so hard, and we're so proud of him and we love him so much. Really, he was out there having an affair with I wonder what that.
Speaker 1: Did to him in a moment.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, it didn't bring him back home.
Speaker 2: It didn't bring him back home because that was posted a month before he ended the affair.
Speaker 1: So okay, now, the subsequent fallout is a part of this that you and I find absolutely crazy, And I'd love to hear everyone's take out there are we the ones that are being unreasonable because the people chiming in to the both of them.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so to back it up a little bit, he said that he publicly wanted to confess because he felt like he needed that shame and everything to come on him. But me as a woman, looks at a public confession as a humiliation for her. If if you, I don't even want to use you as an example. Okay, if a husband goes publicly and says I had an affair multiple times and I'm humiliated and I cheated on my wife and all this stuff publicly on social media, that embarrasses your wife further, the proper way of handling that would be to shut down both accounts temporarily and deal with your marriage. Deal with your marriage. You don't owe the public and explanation of what was going on.
Speaker 1: And so this is one of my questions to you, is that has he now spun this into content?
Speaker 2: He is fun into content. But she kind of has to. But I think she kind of is a force to because she has to address she's being reactive. So I don't blame her at all. And she's trying to go to therapy and she's trying to do all these things. She's still posting reels. This is how she makes a living. And whether or not. He's still living in the home. I don't know. She's not showing him on the content, but it sounds like they're trying to work their marriage out, which I don't criticize. It's her decision.
Speaker 1: Again, this is her decision to make everybody else. It's unfortunate to me that this has gone and become public because it's completely unnecessary and it's going to do nothing but cause additional harm.
Speaker 2: Right, I personally think Travis Clark's a little weasel. He cheated on a beautiful wife after four years. You couldn't keep together for four years? Like, what is wrong with you? You're coming home to this beautiful wife, you have two gorgeous children, the woman's pregnant with baby number three, and you're out there skirting around with somebody from your class. Apparently it was somebody that he was a nursing school with who had been to their home multiple times. As you know, this is my friend and my classmate, and they had a Christmas party that apparently this woman attended on Earth. So I mean, just ultimate betrayal. You're gonna have the girlfriend and the life in the same place.
Speaker 1: And it turns out that he is the hero and she is the villain it.
Speaker 2: Appears that way, or at least she can come out the hero as long as she does what she's supposed to do, which is to forgive, forget, to move on, and this man gets to just be redeemed. And when I read the comments, I go crazy because it's not hey, this you know, Hey Katie, this is your decision. I hope that you do what's right for you. There are a few people saying I hope you do what's right for you, but those people are being attacked.
Speaker 1: They're in the minor right now.
Speaker 2: If Katie wants to forgive Travis, that is one hundred percent her decision and God will honor that. And I hope that their marriage can recover and all of that, especially because the children seem to adore him.
Speaker 1: You mentioned it. The religious components of this is what makes it really interesting. And part of the reason how we struggle so much with church teachings is because this seems very cut and dry to me. Yeah, she has like this is her prerogative. She can do whatever it is that she wants. If she decides to leave the marriage and relationship, so be it. It's on him. She did nothing again, she's she's acting in response to what it is that he did. It's this is just crazy to me. Read some of these comments on your phone there.
Speaker 2: So the part that bother me is, and I've heard this in churches that I've attended and in youth groups that our kids have gone to, where they've come back and asked us like, hey, words, if your husband cheats on you, you cannot leave them. You must forgive them. The only recourse is to pray for them and to remain faithful and to continue honoring your husband. And that really annoys me because it's not biblically based. This is something that religion and modern Christianity and a lot of not all churches, but a lot of churches say, but it's not biblically based because in the Bible it says in Matthew. I think Matthew nine literally explains that if you get divorced for no cause and you or you know, the guy's not fulfilling you or the girl's not fulfilling you, you're not communicating, or whatever, then you remarry that you are then committing adultery because you're still married. In the eyes of God. There's one covenant, right and though there's two exceptions. One is if you marry a non believer, in the non believer leaves, the believer is not supposed to leave the non believer because you're still in this marriage covenant. But if the non believer leaves, then Paul tells us let it be, and God wants peace for you. And that's all in First Corinthians. Now in Mackie is in the case of adultery, if one person commits physical adultery, and that's I mean, I don't think that necessarily, like you could go like, oh, there's been emotional adultery and things like that. I don't know about all that. The physical adultery. The marriage covenant has been broken. Now, that doesn't mean that you have to get divorced and that you're no longer married, but you are allowed to get divorced, and then in that case you are also allowed to get remarried. And it's not considered adultery according to God. I mean, when you look at the nature of God, yes, he is forgiving and he does offer grace. However, God is all so a jealous Scott God also is I mean he created marriage as a model of the way that Christ loves the church, and you're not to go out and have a bunch of other gods. You're only to have one god. You're only to have one husband and one wife. And if you commit adultery on that person, they are allowed biblically to file for divorce and leave. They are not forced to stay in the marriage.
Speaker 1: Not the response and reaction as she's getting.
Speaker 2: It, but not the response and reaction that she's getting such.
Speaker 1: Is one thing. The part that bothers me even more, again, if you can pull those comments, is just the fact.
Speaker 2: That the way that he's being celebrated.
Speaker 1: This is but the manipulation that he's carrying out flat out. I don't know how else to phrase it. It's just straight up emotional and mental manipulation. The things that he's doing are like this guy does. If this is my daughter, I cannot imagine what my reaction would be. I would lose it on his Yeah sorry, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So his very last post, he's sitting in the grass. He has arranged pictures in a very performative way. Their wedding picture, picture of the children, He's holding a picture of him and her, and he has a new tattoo on his risk Katie, so so much pressure on Katie. She's trying to make a decision. Do I want to forgive this man? Do I want to you know? She said, I'm trying to make a choice what's best for me and the children. You know.
Speaker 1: My response to that would have been, hey, homeboy, you certainly didn't have this photo montage in mind when you were spending the night at somebody else's house, right, maybe you should have because the betrayal in this case, it's not just her, it is their entire family. Can do this just to your wife, you betrayed your children, your family. It's it's like, oh, it gets me so fired.
Speaker 2: I'm really this Kim tattooing Katie on his wrist, to me was the ultimate form of manipulation, of mental manipulation, because he's like, look at how serious I am. I have permanently put your name on my wrisk and so yeah. And so for her, she's going to, whether people think so or not, she's going to feel added pressure to forgive this man because he's publicly making this beautiful post of their wedding picture and with the caption I've been sitting in what I did for a couple of months now, and I feel so much inside, but it's hard to find the right words. At the end of last year, I made decisions that I deeply regret, and I'm disappointed on where to go of I'm disappointed, ashamed, honestly humbled, a lot of hard work, therapy, time with God, blah blah blah. Okay, So that's all I would read it. When you make public statements like this, you're garnering support for yourself hard he's working, he has asked for forgiveness from you and from God, and he's sorry. So now, if she makes the decision, which I don't think she will, but if she makes the decision to get a divorce and to move on with her life because she's young and there was betrayal and she doesn't think she can move past it, which she is not biblically bound to do, she will come out the villain in the situation because look at how sorry he was. She tattooed your name. He's sorry. He's sitting there with his white sneakers and your wedding pictures and he's really sorry, and you couldn't forgive him.
Speaker 1: You didn't care at the time.
Speaker 2: Did you write and so the comments are, you know, God offers grace and she needs to offer grace. They're confusing Katie with Jesus. Jesus offers grace, and yes, we are to forgive, but that doesn't mean you can forgive somebody. But that doesn't mean that you need to take him back. You can forgive things in your life that hurt you from people who hurt you, but that doesn't mean that you need to continue on with the relationlationship.
Speaker 1: And like you pointed out, that forgiveness is not for the sake of the person that hurt you. Offering that forgiveness is for you to find peace.
Speaker 2: Yes, now, again, the decision is Katie's and Katie's alone. That the internet is chiming in by the tens of thousands, tens of.
Speaker 1: Thousands examples because nuts.
Speaker 2: So on his post, there's so many. I'm so proud of you, guys. I fully proud of you. Brother with you know sunset, hard hands, walk in obedience. No matter the situation it turns, you will know you'll be honored through God praying for you, bro. One person wrote, run Katie, run, and then people just jumped on that person. How dare you? And then somebody else wrote the only way through is through, and then somebody else responded, no, sometimes the way through is out, and then people jumped on that person. Nope, you obviously don't know your Bible.
Speaker 1: What is going on.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's not biblically based to force a woman to stay in a marriage after adultery.
Speaker 1: Conversely, what are her comments?
Speaker 2: So her comments are way more critical than his comments. So she's going on a four day retreat for her mental health. So this woman is clearly tortured right now, trying to make it. Yeah, exactly, all of this is playing out in public. You're humiliated, You have all this pressure, you have people telling you that the only Biblical way, the only Christian way of dealing with this, is to forgive this man. Basically, you have to or you're not a good Christian. You're not a good wife, you're not a good mother. Why don't do this to your children kind of comments?
Speaker 1: How was that the Christian thing to do?
Speaker 2: She's being criticized for going on a retreat, and then she's packing her clothes, she's showing a packing thing. I think it was an integration or something like that, a brand integration. And then she's like, I'm going to pack this clothes because there's some yoga at the retreat. There's also equine therapy, so there's horse riding and there's some yoga like stretching. People jumped on her for the yoga, telling her that if you participate in yoga, that is demonic and that's probably why you did it.
Speaker 1: But cheating, she's.
Speaker 2: Demonic, so that's probably why he cheated on her. And so, Katie, I understand what you're doing here, but the fact that you're doing yoga. They're criticizing this woman because she mentioned there's yoga. There's a therapy resort that she's now forced.
Speaker 1: You told me. There were people that are like, why aren't you taking your husband with you?
Speaker 2: Is yours?
Speaker 4: You need to bring your husband, the person causing you the mental anguish that is causing that is leading to you feeling it necessary to go on some kind of retreat.
Speaker 1: With you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how dares she go and try to figure out her own mental state and what she needs in her life. She should be taking her husband, You should be chaperoning her.
Speaker 1: To this again, It makes total sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I just feel really bad for her because she's not truly making a choice for herself. I would have loved to see them both step away from social media, not post the public affair if it came out in the news, on in them news. Guess what, We're not answering our phone. We're not reading dms, we're not reading comments. We're dealing with this in house, privately, so that I can make an informed decision for me and my children. There are films that entertain you, and then there are films that change you. I Was a Stranger is one of those films.
Speaker 1: Inspired by the real experiences of Syrian families displaced by war. This scripting escape thriller begins in Aleppo with a single moment of tragedy and follows five interconnected families across four countries as our lives collide in ways that they never expected.
Speaker 2: This isn't politics, it's people. It's father's, mother's children, ordinary human beings forced into impossible choices. And I asks a quiet but haunting question, when suffering crosses your path, do you step towards it or do you step away?
Speaker 1: With a score of eight point seven on IMDb, in over forty international film festival wins, including the Amnesty International Film Prize at Berlinale. This is one of Angel's boldest and most critically acclaimed releases to date. It's raw, it's intimate, and it'll stay with you long after the credits roll.
Speaker 2: Become an Angel member and stream I was a stranger today by visiting Angel dot com slash nwos. If you're like us and you've lived your life the best that you can, you raised your family and maybe even built something that you can leave behind for those that you love. But the truth is, sometimes we are so busy building that we don't take the time to make sure that our family and our legacy are protected. But it's actually quite simple with trust and will online estate planning.
Speaker 1: Trust and will makes it so easy to safeguard your children's future with stronger and smarter estate planning so that what you spend a lifetime building becomes a blessing and not a burden.
Speaker 2: Now, many of us have unfortunately seen the results of families fighting lengthy probate and costly attorneys when estates are not clearly and legally planned out using a trust, and none of us want to put our families through that.
Speaker 1: That's right, and you can also create a will plan and as little as thirty minutes to protect guardianship of your children and your pets, asset distribution and healthcare directives. Trust and Will products are state specific, attorney design and customized to suit your needs.
Speaker 2: Trust and Will was designed by legal experts and designed to grow with you, which means that you can easily update your plan at every life stage and transition. They also have amazing custos stomer service with the real people, making the whole process so simple.
Speaker 1: So protect your legacy and loved ones today, tomorrow and beyond with Trust and Will, the most trusted name in online the state planning. Just go to trust in Will dot com slash New World and get twenty percent off. That's trust and Will dot com slash New World. I totally agree with you. I don't like that it like stuff like this just becomes fodder for the viewing public. Like it's it's nobody else's business in the house. Don't float this out there. You don't you owe nobody an explanation. You don't have to make some public announcement. It's it's just it's a fine example of one of the many things that bothers me so much about integrating, like family families period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a hard decision. I hard decision if you didn't have children, it's not a hard decision at all. Out all your young and beautiful.
Speaker 1: She knew whatever she wants. Like we said before, it's her decision to make. It's incredibly unfortunate that it happened to begin with, but now taking like this entire situation and making her twice the victim by with like using social media to garner leverage actual little notice the case of mental manipulation and manipulation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some people see it that way, but I see it as like this man is just such a little weasel. He's such a performative little weasel.
Speaker 1: That'd be my opinion as well. I got zero respect for men to do this kind of craft dude kind of crap like or women. It doesn't Matter's stuff that I'm sensitive too because of how the you know, just what it is that I experienced growing up, and like you know, there have been people along the way. There have even been men along the way that I've like deferend it, that have gotten themselves involved in stuff like this, and I've just repelled them. I do it. I want nothing to do with that, right nothing at all. Yeah, it's it's a it's a recipe from misery and it always ends horribly.
Speaker 2: Well, and people say, well, they have children, so then they have to piece back together because the children adore him, So we have reels of them playing and everything, But we also had reels of him currently having an affair, decorating the entire house to celebrate their anniversary with a very performative little caption about how lucky he is and she's his best the best friend, and he'll love her forever and all this stuff, while he's currently sleeping with somebody else. So we don't know anything about the way that this man fathers. We do know that he wasn't coming home at night because he was sleeping with their girlfriend.
Speaker 1: It's you're a liar. You're a liar, and you're you're unfaithful and you're untrustworthy.
Speaker 2: Are you beyond redemption?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It depends on where your heart is.
Speaker 1: Everyone is capable of redemption. You made a horrible, awful mistake and victimize your wife and your kids in the process.
Speaker 4: And now are continuing to do so, and you're continue You're still doing it like you're making the same mistake repeatedly there.
Speaker 1: It's one thing to make a horrible mistake and learn from it and emerge a better person, which is what we should all hope for for for anyone ourselves included.
Speaker 2: Like before you make like that, that is like, look how sorry I am, and look at how much I love my wife. How about before you permanently tattoo her name on your wrist and then show it to the entire world to garner sympathy. You see if she even wants you back, and you give it a while, and you prove over years, possibly over decades, that this woman can trust you again privately, yes, privately, and let her grieve and deal with this privately. You threw this affair out into the public, and that's further victimizing her and further humiliating.
Speaker 1: And then for the people commenting on this again, shut it, yeah, stay out of it.
Speaker 2: Let her decide. Don't tell her that she has to do this or she has to do that. This is for her to decide.
Speaker 1: You're entitled to your opinion, We're you're offering ours, and this is all again this isn't you know.
Speaker 2: Well, we're not saying whether or not she should stay or leave. I mean, if it were me, I'd probably be out.
Speaker 1: I'm saying she should do what she feels is best for herself and for her children.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, I think for her children, and that's probably ultimately what she's thinking. Is this man a good father? So can I bear this burden for the sake of my children? And I feel torn on that one too, because if someone's a really, really good father, you don't want to remove the father from the home because we all know that that causes damage. She made the decision, but the children didn't, and it's ultimately the children who suffer. So I understand that mental But at the same time, they have a daughter, and what is the message that you're giving your daughter That mom wasn't worthy, that dad's a liar and a cheat. Also that if this happens to you, that you that are expected biblically to forgive, you have to. And so you have to think about what message does this give? Does it give the message off a strong woman? Because there can be strength and forgiveness, but there can also be strength and independence. So it depends on the situation. They know more about the situation than any of us ever could.
Speaker 1: For sure, And so my opinion, not that it matters, would be that that's a very passive approach if you're gonna take that person back like you are conveying a message to Yeah, especially if you have daughters of like, no, this is acceptable. These things happen, and I don't I don't ever want one of my kids to think that, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: A true mistake. I think true mistakes can happen in the heat of the moment, maybe under alcohol, maybe one time. You don't put it on going relationship while pretending to be a good husband, while making content about what I want to while releasing new Christian songs.
Speaker 1: Tell me about this one and controversial take. Feel free to let me know what you think done in the comments. Can men and women, especially if they're married, but even if they're just involved in a really long term relationship with a serious relationship, Can men and women have a platonic friendship with a member of the opposite sex? Is that something that you're comfortable with now? Because I am not comfortable with it.
Speaker 2: I don't think that. I think that there are very very rare instances, very rare, And because it is the exception, the big exception to the rule, because whenever a man and a woman get along really well, they'll start seeing flaws in their spouse or in their boyfriends or girlfriends.
Speaker 1: You'll just start there.
Speaker 2: It'll be like, look at how fun this person is. It's because you don't live.
Speaker 1: With that person. And I'm not saying, like, you know, like you don't have a casual conversation like you you have long term male friends, one that we're dealing with right now, Like I don't like something that doesn't bother me. You had other people in social media.
Speaker 2: I'm not going and hanging out with the right it was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, hey, have a good day at work, honey, I'm gonna go hang out with Bob.
Speaker 3: For I'd be like, oh, oh yeah, And I would expect the same on you, Like for you to place those same expectations upon me, I would never consider to be unreasonable.
Speaker 2: If you were like, Hey, this girl that I knew from Hawaii is in town. You're going to go get lunch with her. That's funny because that No.
Speaker 1: You don't play with fire, No you don't. You don't do yourself in these situations. And that's why I'm saying, like, for you to be like, I understand, like, mistakes can happen. Yeah, they can, but that's why you avoid those situations, right, you know, for.
Speaker 2: Yourself those situation And then if the mistake does happen, there's a mistake. Is you tripped and you fell, you know, but you fell in it. But it's kind of like with kids if they drop something and they shatter it and it breaks, like, ah, that was a mistake, that was an accident. But if they continually break things on purpose and they make the choice, just like they break a window with a baseball, and then they grab the baseball and they go, that was fun. I'm gonna throw it and break out all the other windows. And then they try to say it was a mistake. It's not a mistake, that was a conscious decision.
Speaker 1: Weird analogy, but I get your parint. I mean, it's just I don't know. Again, I'm sentive to do situations. Let us know what you think down in the comments below. For one, can men and women be friends? Seriously? Blown it out there. I'm sure many of you have had a platonic relationship with a member of the opposite sex while involved in a serious.
Speaker 2: Can there be true redemption in a marriage where somebody has betrayed the trust with an ongoing relationship. I'm not talking about on one night stant I'm talking about somebody had a relationship. Can there ever be true trust again? And or is that just a burden that the person who forgave bears forever? You know, Like I've made the decision, but as somebody, I haven't been cheated on, but I'm sure we have people in our audience that have been cheated on and have forgiven. Do you carry that burden forever? Or or can you actually? Is our true redemption to be found found?
Speaker 1: But I mean, that's that's a scarring traumatic.
Speaker 2: Can it ever be what it was before?
Speaker 1: I would argue it cannot be? Personally, that's me Lest you guys think down in the common section, we're gonna find this one down. The kids are supposed to be coming home right now. Again.
Speaker 2: I've been listening, literally, I've been listening for the grave we have asphole. Now see the gravel used to go IFDA has a quiet car. So I'm hoping they're home now, but I hope they.
Speaker 1: Make it back safely. On all the ducklings back properly, all right? Anyway, you guys, say care, Thank you for being here once again, love and appreciate you. We will see you next week.
Speaker 2: Yep, we'll be here next week.
Speaker 1: We'll see you here on the New World Post Whole podcast. You guys, take care,