Speaker 1: Ready to break the narrative, get the real story with no filters and no apologies, cut through the noise, with real conversation, real conviction, and real news. It's time for truth without spin.
Speaker 2: It's the Alex Marlow Show. You got a really busy one. Today is a hot, hot news day, and we're going to get into all the latest with the proposed peace steal with Iran that's just come down. I'll give you all the details. They're probably more detail than you're going to get it just about anywhere else. I'm also going to talk about some of the California governor's race where there was a debate last night. It went off the rails a number of points. We'll play some highlights and i'll tell you what I think is the real story in the La mayoral race as well. That's coming up later in the show. Plus a heck of a lot more, including EPA administrator Lee Zelden, who's one of the I would say most of people in Trump's cabinet. Let's talk though about what's been proposed. Earlier today we got news. A lot of this reporting was from the President himself, others from Axios. More from the Jerusalem Post as well, that the US and Iran are closing in on a one page memo that could potentially end the war. So, a one page memo that includes a memorandum that would have understanding that Iran would stop developing nuclear enrichmond for fifteen years. I think fifteen's a good number. I think that anything over twenty would have been an unrealistic ask and is sort of like an infinity amount of number. This is where I always criticize the climate change people who suggest that, well, if we don't act now, that by twenty eighty nine, we're all going to be dead. It's like, yeah, well, certainly everyone having this conversation is going to be dead. And that's the whole point, is that we're never going to get the answer this question. So it's one of these things where I felt like twenty years would be the target. Fifteen seems pretty good. Iran would sive a bunch of money in frozen funds, which I'm comfortable with, so long as we are able to monitor that the enrichment's not taking place, which I trust Trump to do this. I did not trust Obama to do this. I don't trust the IAEA or the UN to do this, but Donald Trump and his government I used to trust him to come up with something where we could monitor this and to make sure that the money is not going to tear a proxies in the region, which again is very tough to do, but if anyone can do it, I trust President Trump Secretary Vesent to keep an eye on those sorts of things, and so perhaps we could be on the verge of some sort of a piece. But Iran now has forty eight hours to sign this memorandum, and if they don't do this, Trump has said these are going to bomb them to high heavens at a much higher level was his exact quote. So this is on the table. We got forty eight hours. Other details that you need to know from this is that now Project Freedom, which I discussed in great detail on shows earlier in the week, is on temporary pause. US operation to secure chips passage through the Strait of War moves is on pause for forty eight hours, as the President's sites great progress towards a peace US naval blockade remains in full effect. Trump has warned that if the agreement does not take place, a much higher level and intensity than before bombing will take place. If the deal is reached, the blockade would allow the straight to reopen to all traffic, including to Iran. Pakistan President Shaba Sharif, who's been helping with the negotiations, has commended Trump for his courageous decisions. Say, we made a big step towards peace, and a lot of shipping industry people are actually surprised by how quickly this is coming together, which is all perhaps a positive. So other things that we're looking at is the specifics of the proposed moratorium. Iran proposed five, US proposed twenty. We're looking at twelve to fifteen years. I think fifteen is the real number. Iran can enrich only to levels of three point sixty seven percent during this moratorium, which is there at sixty percent enrichment, So this is well below weapons grade. If that's the number, they can never pursue nuclear weapons. That's their commitment, and I guess so I guess they can't pursue for fifteen years, but also never. This is my whole point is that once you get it past a certain timeline, it's just it's not realistic. We'll have to revisit it in a decade's time. No weaponization activities, no operation of underground nuclear facilities, enhance UN inspections. I hope the US is a big part of this, but we're part of the UN, so maybe we can do some good with it. And the removal of highly enriched uranium. This is also a very big thing that I had noted from the very start, and in fact, people were laughing at me on the BBC when I was saying this that we're just gonna have to go in and get the uranium. And so now it looks like that's exactly what's going to take place. So this is all highly positive, and it also lays out a predicate that if Trump feels like it's necessary to continue the bombing, then now he's got reason to do it. So a ron's got fort eight hours to react to this thing. They're gonna have to make a reasonable counter offer or they're gonna have to sign this thing. These signs of thing, this could be a truly historic moment. But if it's a one page memo to be fairly easy to understand and recall, one of my beasts with what's going on right now is that I'm not seeing the salesmanship is not at the level that I would have liked from President Trump and his team, even though it's very tough to sell when all of the anti war maga media hates this thing, when everyone who hates Trump, all the never Trumpers hate this thing, when all of the Democrat left hates this war as well. It just does feel as though that this was a it was always gonna be a tough sell, but we did not do a great job on selling this from the start. But now we have a chance, if a piece is forged, to sell this as something that's truly historic. And I think that's great. Okay, I promised you I would give you some other nuance and detail that I think is a major factor here. And so here's some other things that we're tracking at Brightbart News that I think is noteworthy. One of the I think X factors in why we could get to a piece here is because of China. China is of course basically a benefactor, basically a RAN's benefactor, and doing business with China is how Iran stays in business largely, and Chinese and Iranian foreign ministers have met in Beijing, and the message out of China is crystal clear that they want this thing to end China's economy is in a terrible spot right now, and it has been for myriad reasons since the pandemic. This is part of why the obsessive of China talk that we've been putting forward to Breitbart for the past you know, six eight years is kind of waited a little bit. We're always talking about China, but they're just not ascending. They're not ascending right now, and so this is not helping them. So they want this thing to end. Whether or not they think America is the bad guy or Ron's the bad guy, are both, that's sort of irrelevant. Their economy can't handle this sort of disruption, and so Chinese state media is trying to make it seem like Iran and China are connecting over their hatred of America. But overall, if you really look between the lines here, they want this freedom of navigation and free trade through the Straight as soon as possible, and they feel like Iran has failed to come up with any sort of acceptable deal. So it's clear to me from my read in deep analysis that we do a bright part of China state media that read between the lines that they want this thing to wrap up very quickly and they want to do this, probably before Trump visits. Trump is heading to China very soon, and it's just a matter of days now, I think, and they want to be able to have a piece and be able to take some credit, which they might be able to do so I think really noteworthy. And a underlying thing here that could actually pressure Iran into a piece is the China of it all. As is so often the case, Pakistan saying we're close to a deal, and some people in the White House are also saying that I spoke to earlier, are saying we really are close to a deal. They don't want a bomb anymore. I don't know if that's true, if that's just what they're telling me, even though I'm friendly with these people. Maybe they're telling me that because I'm in media. But overall, there does seem like everyone does feel like this could be it, that they don't want a bomb anymore, and the bombs are just threat. So I don't know if that's true, and I don't know if maybe Trump has got his finger on the trigger right now. But everything that's being sold to me, both from the Pakistanis and from our own White House is that this really could be it. So we got high hopes that this is truly the beginning of the end. But everything I'm looking at is suggesting that no one wants to do any more bombing at this point, and a lot of the gas prizes need to get back to normal. Talk is worldwide at this point, So this is sort of I think, where we're at at this time. It is very hopeful news, by far, the most hopeful news that we've seen in a while. And President Trump, I think has got the right approach, which he's upbeat, but he's also saying that if you don't come to the table here, then this is it. This is you're going to get bombed, and we're going to do this again. So you agree or we're bombing. And that's where we're at, and for us, I think it is a very it's an optimistic moment, and it is a chance for Trump to clear a victory, and I think that this is one where he needs a victory politically, and I think it's also one where a lot of people who were not doomers here I think that they're going to be looking very good if this really is the end, And that includes me and a lot of my colleagues here at Salem, and my colleagues are bright part as well. Let's play cut twenty one. This was Trump in the Oval office. This was so unbelievable that he said this, you're gonna be if you miss the visuals, you're not gonna get this because he's surrounded by children. But play cut twenty one, guys, and.
Speaker 3: Now we're going to take a hit because we have to make a journey down to a Ran to take the nuclear weapon. They would have had a nuclear weapon and within two weeks, so remember we sent that beautiful Beat two bomber in and we blew up their nuclear potential.
Speaker 4: It was obliterated.
Speaker 2: He's telling these kids that in two weeks, you guys might have been dead. And I got to tell you something. He's not entirely coming out of left field with that one. I've been saying it. That's why the nuclear faret was such a big deal. And I was legitimately worried for my kids safety, which is why I never bought that dismantling arounsing their capabilities. I always bought that it was America first. So with these uncertain times where you don't know where to get information and you don't know what is the best thing to do. The best thing you can do, in my opinion, to protect your wealth and your savings is to look at precious medals. Global financial chaos has become more common. That's why I got educated about the US dollar, about how massive government money printing balloon dard inflation in our debt almost forty trillion dollars. And I've got the best partners in the game in this. It's Lear Capital. They will tell you exactly how given the Iran war, navigating this situation. They make things easy for you to protect your wealth because they give you all the information and nuance you need. We are at a moment where things are very chaotic, and the best head you got is precious Metals. Eight hundred nine nine to two two two five five is the number. Eight hundred nine nine two two two five five. Call them get educated, get their free gold and silver investment guides. Go to learlex dot com. Alex here from my friends at best hotgrill dot com. They make the Celaire Infrared grills, the hot fast grills for every day year round grilling. I love to slow cook and smoke on an egg or a pellet barbecue. Those are fine, when I've got the time. I don't know he's of the time, and either do you. You don't have to wait for the weekend. With the Celere infrared gas grill, He's up to one thousand degrees in just three minutes, even in the dead of winter. High heat locks in the juices, grills food faster and make steaks, chicken and veggies fish makes it all more succulent and tasty. In a matter of minutes. Your family can have a healthy, great tasting grilled dinner. And with Celaire's demo rental program, you can try before you buy, grilling all the foods your family enjoys for two weeks and the weekend in between, and see why the USA made Celaire is the best grill you'll ever buy. Learn more at best hotgrilled dot com. That's best hotgrill dot com. Try before you buy with a Celere demo rental program at best hootgrill dot com. All right, you have a big news right now? Is Ted Turner passed away? Ted Turner is the founder of CNN, Turner Broadcasting a lot of other networks as well. A maverick mogul. Is how he's being described he had a long life. I think it was in his late eighties. Doing the exact date in front of me. I'll say a lot of negative stuff in one positive thing. It's not classy to speak ill to dead, but I will know that he was a far left radical. He called Israeli's terrorist. He bought all the climate change nonsense, and then some loved abortions, didn't seem to like Christians, made mock Christians. And he won to curb population growth, which is the main thing that where I really feel like, that's where I feel like it's okay to not just lavish praise on a guy, because if you wanted population growth curb, that's to me very lightly. It's not a very long plot from there to just flat out genocide. So exactly the type of guy you would not want to be president, even though he considered being president, and he ran cable news outlets. And I will say this though, that is positive, is that the guy was a high energy person and quite funny and very motivated. And I do love this quality in people, and this is something where we all it always resonates with us when people go out and do stuff and they get stuff done, and they accomplish things, even if those things sometimes end up not being helpful to society, like CNN, but overall that is something that we want more people who actually take action. And this is what I'm finding in my personal life that the people who resonate with me are not always the people who I agree with. It is the people who take action. And I will say that's not something that I come to as I was older. This is something that is always I've always been drawn to people who take action my entire life, and it certainly was a man of action, and so I'll give him credit for that, though almost never got one right politically, and cnn is legacy is absolutely horrific. But still God rest his soul.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Next thing that I wanted to bring up yesterday was a governatorial debate in California, and it's really interesting to track some of this stuff, not because this applies to my entire audience, because some of you have given up on Calorgnian is a lost cause. We have a couple of decent Republican candidates, particularly my friend Steve Hilton over there as well, but I think some of the texture of the race is really kind of what's unbelievable to people, because these we've got some of the nuttiest figures on the planet who think they should be the governor of California. Let's play cut eighteen.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 2: This is Katie Porter, former congresswoman. This is just pretty wild, play this one.
Speaker 5: Congresswoman Porter, your thoughts on the idea of funding healthcare for undocumented immigrants statewide?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, and that's, by the way, what I think Californians deserve.
Speaker 2: So she wants to continue to fund illegal aliens, which is just a green light for every person to come here and get state of the art medical care in the United States. And I say this from port of authority, missus. Doctor Marlowe treated lots of undocumented immigrants during her training out here in California and treating illegal aliens and giving them really high quality care. She was in the UCLA treating these people. And because we treat people decently and humanly, it's just a total green light for everyone just to just flood into our country and into our state which is completely bankrupt as running a record now level deficit, even though we had a surplus when Gavin Newsom took over, and her policy is just to make things more expensive for the taxpayers because the legal aliens are not paying for this stuff. So this just means we don't have a budget for this because we're over budget anyway, and we have the highest tax rate in the nation by mile. So there's no other solution to this other than she's going to raise taxes. But this is the whole thing, is that they care more about illegal aliens than they care about citizens. Let's see what Tom Steyer, who is another Democrat candidate who could win and cut nineteen please, let's see how he answers the same question.
Speaker 5: Governor Gavin Newsom cut healthcare funding for undocumented immigrants to address a budget gap as governor, would you restore that funding?
Speaker 3: I believe everybody in California has a right to healthcare.
Speaker 2: Everyone has a right, meaning that if you just show up here, you have a right to get state of the art, government funded care. And that's something that's completely unaffordable. And this is the thing I want to track, and I'll come back to this later on in the show. But the solution that the left has, the Democrats have for every single one of their problems at this point in time, is more of the stuff that has not worked. Part of the reason why the state is struggling so much is that we left the border open and we promised all the people who got here all of this stuff that we could not afford. It's not realistic. It's making the Stakeo bankrupt. It's making the most wealthy, most productive people want to leave. And it's just one of these things where no one pushes back on the Democrats side, and they got the monopoly out here. Sad stuff. All right. I'll tell you what I've been doing lately for my health. I've been on a big workout kick. You guys been checking out. The jaw line on the show is getting a little better a little bit. But I'll tell you I got a secret. My secret is that when I'm done, I use photo biomodulation red light therapy. SunPower LED is the company I trust. You guys know I've had Tom Kerber and the show a number of times. Super smart. I've been doing this stuff for two decades. Red light therapy is not just a trend. This is a stuff that he's been working on for two decades of his life. It is drug free, it's pure maha. There's no doctor visits they'ren't getting hooked on drugs. What it does do is for me anti inflammatory, and it works on pain that I've got my knee and my lower back. It is just using near infrared light and it's providing energy into my cells that relieves a lot of pain and it allows mark for my recovery to get better. You could use for arthritis, joint pain, muscle aches all over. Dentists use this stuff. People who have traumatic brain injuries use this stuff. It's really amazing technology. Go to sunpowerled dot com I use just send to the super Palm ten fifty. They've got tons of great products. Code Marlow gets you ten percent off SunPower led dot com. Give it a try. Do you ever feel just a little off some days? Well, maybe it is more to do with what's missing from your diet than what you're adding to it. We talk a lot about cutting things out sugar, processed foods, junk, toxins, whatever, but maybe you're not getting enough of something. Whole foods contain phyto nutrients, natural plant compounds that your body uses every day to function properly. And let's be honest, most of us are probably not eating They recommended ten servings of produce today, I don't think I am. That's why one of the best options on the market is Balance of Nature. They've got a vacuum cold process that helps stabilize with phyto nutrients, so you're getting the benefit of real fruits and vegetables and you're getting in a capsule form. I love their whole health system with fruits and veggies plus fiber and spice, forty seven ingredients of whole food nutrition. That's the best kind of nutrition. And their freeze dried snacks are a great option too. If you're ready to fight phyt the good fight. Fight. You know, they have a play on word in here. It doesn't come through perfectly on radio, but you get to fight the good fight. Go to Balance of Nature dot com. Go to Balance of Nature dot com to subscribe, and you say today join hundreds of thousands of customers in one simple routine that truly is changing the world.
Speaker 7: As a member of Congress, Loper Bright says that we as an agency don't have the authority to get creative if Section two two of the Clean Era no, no, but you.
Speaker 6: Don't have excuse me, You do not have the right to say climate change does not exist, that it's a hoax, and that's where this administration.
Speaker 4: You're upset that you don't know what Loper Bright is. Do you know what the major policies doctrine?
Speaker 7: Except I'm upset because you know what the major policies doctrine is.
Speaker 4: No, you're a member of Congress. You should know.
Speaker 6: That's act.
Speaker 8: I love that STUFFA administrator Lee's Alvin is with me, rois and enjoy when he's on the show. And I love the exchange with Congressman Rosa de Lario, who is a just a walking caricature of the worst literal blue haired congressman that you could picture.
Speaker 2: And Administrator you and a busy week on Capitol Hill. I want to get to all that some of these exchanges that you had a couple of interesting ones that are worth highlighting. But you did something that I think is I had to do the squinty thing with my eyes from old timy cartoons where I rubbed my eyes and stare into the screen. When I saw that you're proposing a roughly fifty percent budget cut for the EPA, which I find unbelievable. No one cuts their own budget in Washington. I got a grin on my face because honestly, you're probably the first person ever do this, and I just find this to be sensational. Just as a lead in. Right before I brought you on, I was playing clips in California the governatorial debate yesterday, and they want more money for illegal alien healthcare, like the state's going bankrupt already, and that's their solution. It's just why do you think you can pull this off? And also talk about the culture of spending in Washington and how you're fighting against that.
Speaker 7: Well, first, it's the principle that there needs to be a zero tolerance policy for any waste and abuse.
Speaker 4: It's also the principle of being able to.
Speaker 7: Do more with less, and we proved over the course of our first fifteen months here that we can achieve extraordinary savings here at the agency. So this is an agency where annual operating budget when I was coming in was about ten billion dollars a year, and over the first year that I was in this position, we saved thirty billion dollars. Then people say, well, how is that possible. We got ten billion for the year, how did you save thirty billion? Well, in twenty twenty four, this agency obligated and spent over sixty billion dollars, and we were able to cancel grants and contracts. We did real estate consolidation, staff efficiencies with an agency wide reorganization. We closed an EPA museum that nobody knew about or almost no one even visited there. There have been so many opportunities to pursue savings, and when you look at those canceled grants, we were finding examples. Like I had to exchange with Senator Sanders last week at the Senate EPW Committee where he was talking about solar for All.
Speaker 4: I'm like, Senator, we found it.
Speaker 7: We had examples where the grant was going through up to four different pass throughs, where each pass through entity was getting at least fifteen percent to administer their part of the pass through. I mean a lot of this is just inexcusable. The money that gets appropriated in the name of environmental justice to remediate environmental issue, but then the dollar goes to an activist group to train other activist groups to come to DC and advocate for the next dollar to go to them to go out and be activists.
Speaker 4: Like wait, I.
Speaker 7: Thought we were spending this dollar to remediate an environmental issue. So yeah, it's about doing more with less, and we have found extraordinary ways to save the taxpayers tens of billions of dollars.
Speaker 2: It's interesting how a lot of these people who feel like they really are the champions of climate causes, that they're comfortable with so much of this money getting absorbed in bureaucracy. They don't actually want it to go to the sourced anything. If they were walking the walk, they would want it to be more efficient, but they don't. They like the grift of it all. And that's why I'm curious. Do you feel like you have a good sense of how to audit where the waste is actually taking place? And I'll tell you, I don't think we're going to notice the five billion gone as a people from the budget.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is something that was an effort that started before I even came into office. I'm sure you remember the video from December of twenty four buy it. An EPA official caught on video talking about how they were tossing gold bars off the Titanic, rushing to get billions of dollars out the door before President Trump came to office. I mean, that was obviously a big siren that was going off for us.
Speaker 4: So when we came in.
Speaker 7: This was a top priority out of the gate, and that is one of the reasons why, if not the largest reason why, so much of this money was canceled within the first few months of us being in this position, and we found entities that were stood up for the purpose of receiving billions of dollars as a pass through, where the leadership structure of that entity that was brand new consisted of former Biden and Obama administration officials and Democratic donors, and we.
Speaker 4: Just put an end to it.
Speaker 7: And by the way, I don't sit here and say let's take money from a left wing ngo and give it to a right wing ngo. This is about giving the money to the treasury, giving the money back to the taxpayer, and just being a precious steward, a steward of these precious text dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Let me go back to exchange with Rosa Delario. Can you give us more insight into what was going on in that exchange?
Speaker 7: She's asking why we were rescinding the two thousand and nine Endangerment finding and all of the greenhouse gas emission standards that followed a light, medium, and heavy duty vehicles. This is a decision that I finalized with President Trump, announced with him at the White House, the largest active deregulation in the history of the United States's asking me, why did we do that? Well, the answer simple, we're following the law. We looked at Section two h two of the Clean Air Act and it doesn't say anything about fighting global climate change.
Speaker 4: And now she is the former chair the House.
Speaker 7: Appropriations Committee, she wants to be the next chair of the House Appropriations Committee, and she's asking me why we rescinded this decision and all these standards that followed, and why aren't we fighting global climate change? Well, my messages amend the law. And it turns out she didn't even read the law that she was questioning me about. And then I'm citing the Supreme Court cases that required me to apply the best reading of the law. Lopra Bright overturns something that you're familiar with called Chevron Chevron deference, the Chevron doctrine where in the past, an agency head would be able to look at a law and say, well, this law doesn't say that I can't. So therefore, with the power invested in me, therefore I can't well, that can't happen anymore. And you and I also cited the major questions doctrine West Virginia versus EPA, where if the agency is going to impose trillions of dollars of regulation, maybe Congress, instead of punting, should have a debate and a vote. Rather than lacking the will and the courage to actually amend federal statute, they call their friends down the street running a federal agency and say, hey, we'll just do this anyway, even though it's not in statute. So citing the law, citing Supreme Court decisions, landmark recent Supreme Court decisions, and it turns out that while she was asking me about why we made this decision, she was not familiar with any of it.
Speaker 2: Amazing, all right, so I want to You've also had some pretty entertaining and dramatic exchanges with Sheldon Whitehouse, and you had a pretty good roast of him saying that you're not taking morality lessons from people joining all white country clubs. This has been building up for a little bit. What's the beef with him?
Speaker 7: Well, listen on the policy he was talking. He was citing a dollar an amount for offshore wind and claiming that offshore wind is the cheapest form of energy that's out there, and he's not factoring in the firming cost, the all in cost, because wind doesn't always blow, you have to spend a lot of money to store it. So he's putting out a figure and saying, look, here's this number. This number is less than these other numbers. So I guess that means that wind is the cheapest form of energy, and the reality is is that it's not.
Speaker 4: It's just not.
Speaker 7: I mean, the gas combined cycle, even before you look at all in costs, is cheaper. But then when you factor in all of the other costs of wind, you then have a number of other forms of energy that come in at lower cost, and by the way, the cheapest.
Speaker 4: Some of the cheapest forms of energy.
Speaker 7: That are out there are the reliable, durable baseload power sources that are already online that they want to shut down. So you want to start talking economics and costs, how do you think shutting down all of these coal plants in West Virginia and Wyoming and North Dakota and elsewhere that in many states where it's the primary source of power, shutting down all of these plants putting people out of work not having access to this energy. How can you make the argument that this is good for their economy and you can't. So that's where the back and forth started, and he wanted to make the point, and his only question for me on the math was asking me, is nine less than eighteen? You're trying to be cute like, yeah, of course nine is less than eighteen, But really, that is the extent of a substantive debate that you want to have while you have the head of the EPA here to be able to push back. He didn't want to give me an opportunity to get in the space pacifix because he knew that what he was putting out was based on lies.
Speaker 2: One other thing that you're on with, Secretary Kennedy, is working on making water safer from microplastics and chemicals. This is pretty noble. It's trying ney to talk about microplastics. But I'll tell you, I'm married to a physician. She said. This is one of the things that she treats cancer patients and she's very concerned about microplastics. So this is a worthwhile endeavor. What are you guys doing, Yeah.
Speaker 7: We recently announced here at EPA with Secretary Kennedy, that EPA was adding microplastics to its contaminant candidate list. Now, we also added pharmaceuticals and pfat and seventy five chemicals, but microplastics specifically were being added to this list for the first time ever. At the same time, HHS was announcing a large investment of funding with regards to microplastics research. And this is just an unprecedented announcement, unprecedented new effort. Secretary of Kennedy, as your audience is all familiar with, Lee is leading this Make America Healthy Again Commission, bringing together members of the Cabinet and others, and this is part of that cause of advancing that MAHA movement. Was here at EPA for the first time ever adding microplastics as a contaminant on that contaminant candidate list, and we're happy to do it.
Speaker 2: One of the things that I wish I got to spend more time on on the show is January twenty twenty six is sewer pipe the Potomac interceptor collapse. Was anyone we could get to the bottom of this thing. Two hundred and forty of three hundred million, Guylands of wastewater. We're talking literal poop just flooding into our Potomac, which is already kind of gross. Anyway, did we ever get to the bottom of this and does anyone hell do account.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Well, actually, the Trump administration filed a lawsuit here.
Speaker 4: In recent weeks against DC Water.
Speaker 7: On top of the first priority was making sure that we were able to do our part to get it stopped the flow and the Potomac, to get the repair completed, to do the environmental remediation. The moment that the DC mayor made pick up the phone, called the White House and asked the President for help. The President immediately signed an emergency declaration. He pointed EPA as the lead federal agency and the response and we got to work completed by mid March the repair the Potomac Interceptor and then moved on to the environmental remediation to make sure that everything was done in time for the America two fifty festivities. But yeah, as far as that oversight and accountability, in recent weeks, we followed a suit against DC Water on that front.
Speaker 2: Epadministrator Liz Eldon, I only got twenty seconds left, But do you have anything else? Well, I guess I'm probably I'm setting us up to fail here, so I'm just going to thank you for your time. Fantastic stuff is always. Thank you so much for communicating with us at Bright Barton on The marlow Show, and I'll talk you next time myself. He's been a great team in the show. Greg Evans, our executive producer, Sean McConnell runs the board, Roger Wicker, Junior, Rick lock here at Schlie, Matt Zibbil Brandon Couples, Mister Callahan, John Cassio, as well as Daniel West. I'll pitch in and they do great work. Definitely one of those shows I wish I had more than an hour, but I do have more than an hour. On the Bright Part podcast feed, the Marlowe podcast feed, in particular, wherever you get your pods starting to add the video to certain places like Spotify, you get the video now, and I think Apple's coming up soon with that. The United States Counter Terrorism Strategy is out and it is the baby of our good friend doctor Spash and Gorka, my first national security editor Bright bart News and my former we were colleagues at Salem, but I would do his show a lot when he was here on the air and this is out, it's fresh. We were doing a deep dive with him that I'm recording right after this. I'm also doing just to show my range. We're doing a big met Gala episode with John Binder, who is our fashion notes correspondent at Brighte Bart News. We'll be roasting all the celebrity outfits. It's gonna be fun. That's gonna be fun. That's coming out as well over the weekend, so a stay tuned for that, plus a lot of other stuff. Frank Gafney's on Who's another National Security episode? An expert, So a lot to do there, all right. A couple other news items that I do think that we need to get to while we've got the time. One of them is the Haunt of virus, so this is the Spanish ship. The World Health Organization has confirmed that there's a rare type of virus that's typically seen in rats that can go from human to human and not different from one that you get from rat waste, but it is something that is most commonly associated with a virus you get from rat waste. And just like a lot of cruises, it is not a safe environment sometimes and it becomes a petri dish incubates a lot of these viruses. So this is a massive political controversy because which country is going to receive this ship which has a bunch of people who are very, very sick on it. Of course, no one wants a pandemic to break out. I don't think that's what we're going for now, but no one wants the ship. And the plan right now is where do you evacuate these people by helicopter? But then where do they go? Some are in critical condition and a lot of hospitals and research university treatment is just way far behind on this. Pedro Sanchez in Spain wants to dock it in the Canary Islands, but nobody the Canary Islands wants the hunt of virus there, so they don't want this to happen. So he's very unpopular in Spain anyway. So this is a huge political mess as well, but is something that we probably aren't worried about in terms of pandemics spreading the United States. But you never know, because I'll tell you I track these diseases at bright part those of you followed me, No, we are one the top disease and virus outlets period. I've always had a soft spot for these types of stories, and it was definitely a call shop. When the pandemic broke out, We're call it Brightbart. We're reporting on a mystery pneumonia in China. The solid month before we knew what the coronavirus was, and we'd ever heard of names like doctor Burk's and doctor Fauci and all that stuff, so we were ahead by several weeks on that, and it became the biggest virus of the last century. So this is interesting because the potential for something really bad when the ship docks is huge, and it's going to have the dock at some point, so the story's only going to get bigger. And we got some coverage for you as well. All Right. ADP job numbers, which is the biggest private payroll processor, were pretty good, not quite. Expectations of explications were super high. And what was noteworthy here is that pay for young people twenty four to thirty four is very high. It's higher than expected and going up. And this is for the group of people who've been told their whole lives that climate change is going to kill them. We're now living in a fascist country and AI is going to take their job. So if they can stay alive from climate change, they're going to be living in a fascist country. The robots are gunning for their jobs. They're actually seeing pretty good employment in very high wages relative to what would have been expected. And yet still the vibes are going to be a total bummer. And some of this is messaging, and we got to get the word out the things in this country are just not that bad. But as the saying goes in the news, if it bleeds, it leads, and so we talk so much about the negative stuff, and there is some positive stuff going on. So in that spirit, let me talk about some more negative stuff, the crazy stuff that's going on out in California. I was playing earlier some clips from the California gubernatorial debate and how they Democrats still want the illegal aliens to get healthcare paid for by the taxpayers, even though they have no money left. This was a fun moment. Let's play cut A sixteen with Katie Porter.
Speaker 6: I can't believe that on a stage with thirty minutes of interrupting and bickering and name calling and shouting and disrespect for everyone up here who's stepping into public service that anyone wants to talk about my temperament.
Speaker 2: You were actually interrupting them too. I don't know why you want.
Speaker 5: To act like you weren't.
Speaker 7: Oh cowboy, Steve and I sat here smiling at each other because we're just watching you all prove to everyone why they can't vote for a Democrat.
Speaker 2: That's Chad Bianco Riverside Sheriff. And this is talking about the nastiest woman all of American politics. You recall her yelling at staffers to get out of my effing shot. We played that video that she's someone who melted down a reporter walking out of interviews. She allegedly dumped a boiling hot dish of hot mashed potatoes, burning her ex husband. She's a nasty woman. What else can I say? Go in peace to love, to serve the love, and serve the Lord, ladies and gentlemen,