Speaker 1: Welcome to today's podcast sponsored by Hillsdale College, All Things Hillsdale at Hillsdale dot ed or I encourage you to take advantage of the many free online courses there, and of course I'll listen to the Hillsdale Dialogue all of them at Hugh for Hillsdale dot com or just google, Apple, iTunes and Hillsdale. Lauria Emangras America President Trump Valley last night to Trey Yanks, carg Island is very much on the menu, but he won't say if it's going to happen. Talk about that and anything else in the Aaron Moore, Congressman, Pat Harrigan, special Forces veteran Green Beerray, Congressman for North Carolina's first district. Congressmen, welcome back. What do you think about the carg Island option?
Speaker 2: Hey, Hugh, It's always great to be with you. Look, I think that all options need to be on the table with Iran, with the exception of American boots on the ground. I think that that is just not something that the American people are willing to saddle up for. But I think we still have a lot of options and a lot of flexibility besides that to get this outcome back on track. The President has been working so hard to achieve, so I hope that that's not specifically on the table.
Speaker 3: I think you and I have talked before.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a difference between rescuing a down pilot or taking very specific special operations action on the ground to effectuate certain things.
Speaker 3: But seizing and.
Speaker 2: Holding ground in Iran, I don't think that's something that my voters are ready to say yes to.
Speaker 1: Well, Congressman is taking an island that's I guess ten miles off the coast, the same as boots on the ground, and that's a very discreete operation. They'd have to do a channel crossing to get any kind of offense, which I don't think if you don't control the air, that's not going to work very well.
Speaker 2: Is that the same thing, Yes, I think it is the same thing, primarily because surrounding carg Island, even though it is miles off to the Iranian coastline, are heights, and from those heights, Iran has the ability to launch down all sorts of bad.
Speaker 3: Things on whoever ends up being on that island.
Speaker 2: I think certainly the President has even said I think you showed on your show that they still have some fight left in them.
Speaker 3: They absolutely do.
Speaker 2: I mean, we can't hit things that are buried well within you know, the ground, their mountains, that's.
Speaker 3: Sort of a thing.
Speaker 2: And so they still have a capability to reach out and touch Americans. We certainly have air superiority, We have a ton of flexibility.
Speaker 3: We are able to do some incredible things over Iran right now.
Speaker 2: But I think that the carg Island option, with all the other options that are on the table to try to put Iran in the box that we need him to make better decisions. You know, the President's going to make his choice.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the.
Speaker 2: Day, again, I just don't think the American people are ready for that.
Speaker 1: Option all right now. Some of the other things he talked about with I'll get to Pickax Mountain in a second, But what he talked about with Cray Yanks last night, we're bridges and power plants. I want to make clear to the audience. We know the law war. You know the law war. They have to shave a duel, a purpose, or they're not legitimate targets. They've got to serve the IRGC or the ARTASH or they're not a legitimate target. But I'm quite certain there are a bunch of power plants in Tehran that power of the iergc's command and control center. So would you like to see that before anything on the island happened.
Speaker 3: I wanted to see that a long time ago.
Speaker 2: I just I'm so so frustrated, Hugh, that we're actually in this position, because look, like I said.
Speaker 3: We've got to put Iran in a box. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: We have to set the conditions where Iran has only two choices. The first is to continue to pursue red lines that are not tolerable to the United States in the West or with their limited resources, they need to take care of the ninety two million people in Iran who are not part of the IRGC that want to have some semblance of economic opportunity and quality of life. We have not set the conditions for that to happen in Iran, which is why we are dealing with the problems that we have right here today, just like we had on day one.
Speaker 3: We need much better target selection, and.
Speaker 2: That means that we have to go after their critical infrastructure and we have to turn Iran into Afghanistan if we are going to continue this war without it becoming a forever war.
Speaker 3: We have to put them in the box or we have to leave. Those are the two options.
Speaker 1: So now to Pickax Mountain. The reason I was focused in on that is because every expert I listened to, David Albright, Mark Dubowitch, Richard Goldberg, they all tell it that's the place where the doomsday machine might be being created. What do we do about that? Do you think our penetrators can shake that to its core?
Speaker 2: We have lots of options to deal with that from the air, And yes, I think that what we did in Midnight Night Hammer, what we did during the first couple weeks of this latest Iranian conflict, I think absolutely deals with the nuclear problem. And we can continue to have persistent surveillance for those sites, and we can hit them at will if they.
Speaker 3: Show any type of activity.
Speaker 2: And so I think we've got lots of options on the table to deal with this and keep Iran from becoming a nuclear Iran, which is one thing that everybody agrees about, even if they don't like this war. We have to keep Iran from getting a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 1: Let's turn now, Congressman Harrigan to the National Defense Authorization Act typically the most bipartisan bill. It always passes, maybe a little bit late some year, but it always passes. It's stuck in the Senate. Are you surprised by this what's happening in the House.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised that this at this juncture. The NBAA usually comes through in November December timeframe, although that's way later than we want it to be. What is really particularly concerning for me, though, is the appropriation side of the House, not the authorization side, but the appropriation side. Because the President has indicated, and I think everybody understands, the world is a very dangerous place right now.
Speaker 3: We're caught in a conflict.
Speaker 2: We simultaneously are mid stride of a transition from old, very exquisite, very expensive technologies to these new, less expensive, yet very capable and scalable technologies.
Speaker 3: We have to be able to make.
Speaker 2: Those historic investments inside of our military to truly achieve President Trump's vision of rebuilding our military. But I see a lot of headwinds in Congress right now and impediments to that happening. We have to make sure that our Democratic colleagues are not playing politics to try to shape the election in November, which I am actually very worried that they are trying to do on the backs of the defense bill and our troops.
Speaker 3: That is Unamerican.
Speaker 2: We all need to come together right now and we need to get defense funded so that.
Speaker 3: We do not have a defense disaster.
Speaker 1: Is there going to be a reconciliation three point zero, Congressman Eragan that folks exclusively or nearly exclusively on defense finding, boy.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what that is. Exactly what our leadership wants. I know that's what President Trump wants, and I hope that that happens because we need that very badly. Certainly, we aren't having something our Democratic colleagues vote for the supplemental to resupply the munitions that we've depleted in the Iranian conflict, because they can't seem to find the courage to do that, even though our military needs it. Their base cannot extract that vote from their support of the Iranian conflict.
Speaker 3: And they are unwilling to do that.
Speaker 2: So we are now having to shift the supplemental to reconciliation to actually just resupply what we have expended and allow the United States to address other contingencies that might not be our choice around the world that we have to be prepared for. But heugh all be honest with you, I don't see the math in the Senate for this to happen. So I think we are entering a very very dangerous time for defense. Certainly all of us in the House are going to put forward every effort.
Speaker 3: To get this across the finish line.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be one hundred percent supportive of leadership here, but I don't know that we have the numbers to get to an outcome. And math is very hard in the United States Senate right now, and that could be very problematic for defense.
Speaker 1: If the House Busure Committee passes a reconciliation, I think you'll find fifty votes. You might lose. Sennry McConnell might not be back from the hospital, But I would think of the fifty two Republican votes that are left, you could lose too, and so have the Vice President vote for it. So I think I reconcilate what should the number be, though Congressman Harrigan they have they got a ballpark for reconciliation three point zero, because I'd go for as much as you could get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no question about that.
Speaker 2: I think that the House Arms Service Chair put out yesterday that it's in line with the supplemental, which is right around seventy billion dollars for defense. Now, again that turns reconciliation, which should be forward looking dollars into rearward looking dollars. That doesn't actually move the ball forward further.
Speaker 3: But the problem here.
Speaker 2: Is is that Number one, you've got to get it past the moderates in the House who are looking at either no offsets or offsets that are going to be very difficult for them to swallow with an election coming on. And if you get it past the House, you still have again a math problem in the Senate with onesie two Z votes of people that just fundamentally aren't going to support the president because they're not running for reelection. They're turning out and they've got personal beefs with him and him with them. And you've got some senators that are up for reelection with votes that would be very tough.
Speaker 3: For them to take.
Speaker 2: And so look, I think it's plain and simple we have to fund defense, but every single member has to see it that way. We have to work together as a team. If we can do that, we can get it across the finish line. I just don't have full confidence that that can happen, Hugh. And that's the most honest answer I can give you.
Speaker 1: Congressman Pat. That's why I like having you on. You always speak to your mind, tells what exactly is happening. I hope you can go work with your colleagues on the House floor to get that supplemental through and to the reconciliation process, then double it, because I actually don't think if the Democrats take either of the houses, either the House of Representative of the Senate, we won't get defense spending. We'll have another sequestration will be a disaster because they're fundamentally anti defense. Pat Rarogan, good to see you, North Carolina First District. Thank your friend. I'll be right back with noa rockman, America take it.
Speaker 4: Honestly, if we left right now, it would take them twenty years to rebuild what they have. The only way you can negotiate with these people to see strength, and the only strength is military strength.
Speaker 3: And that's what we've done.
Speaker 4: And I mean literally two days ago we had a deal and then they broke it at the last moment.
Speaker 1: They broke it well Welcome back to America. I'm Hugh Hewittt. I'm joined by Noah Rockman, senior writer for National Review. Noah the President was on with Trey Yinks last night at length talking about you know, we got the only way, the only thing they understand, its force, What do you make of it?
Speaker 5: I think it's about time that he came to that revelation. We lost a lot of ground over the course of the ceasefire and the MoU, and I'm glad that we didn't allow it to go the full sixty days. You know that in the slink away scenario where Donald Trump, you know, just walks away from this war, declares victory and detreat and retreats, he allows the MoU to persist, extends it beyond the sixty day deadline, almost indefinitely.
Speaker 3: And he didn't do that. He deserves credit for it.
Speaker 5: And you know, you can envision a scenario in which the Iranians say, as they did, that we had some rogue IRGC commanders on our hands here and they're responsible for these attacks on ships, not us. Don't stop the negotiations and we didn't fall for it. Good for us, still better, we've executed hundreds of sorties over the last five days. We're executing daylight raids, which suggests we still have high altitude air superiority even after three months of a pause, and energy markets have not responded as they did at the outset of this war. In February, Brent crude jumped a bit, and it's going to continue to rise, but it didn't rise to apocalyptic levels, which is Donald Trump's pain threshold. He already demonstrated that his pain threshold is around one hundred and ten dollars per barrel of crude at Brent crude, and when we get there, things start getting dicey. But we're not there yet, so all good, all good. At the same time, I'm with Jonathan Chanzer on this. I think we've stumbled into the right strategy. But it's the strategy that will take a long time to execute and to bear It will bear fruit months from now, not days from now, now weeks from now. And the President in his interview with Trey Ginst did indicate that he wants this thing to be over pretty quickly, and he's talking about, you know, bridges and power plants day, which he was talking about during the high tempo combat phase he was talking about it during the ceasefire. It's not a threat that I think holds a lot of weight because he's issued it so many times, and if he's looking for a quick fix of this thing, I just think he's going to find that there is none. That this is going to be a long sustained campaign, and he should prepare the American people for it.
Speaker 1: Its analogue is the Balkan War, not the Libyan War, but the Balkan War, where in fact, I think it was seventy eight days of consecutive bombing. Then we stopped and Melosovich collapsed three months later. But before we do it, there's a target list, Noah. One of those targets is Pickax Mountain. I spent most of my time with the President on Monday talking about pick tax Mountain because it mystifies Rich Goldberg and Mark Dubowitz and Eli Lake and David Albright, the smart guy's about nukes. It mystifies them. We have not hit that. So what do you think of that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And I saw David Albright say that there's a misconception out there that this is just beyond our power to reach, that it is so thoroughly buried and it's so well secured that even our most power orful penetrating ordinance couldn't reach it.
Speaker 3: And he said, that's not necessarily true. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: It wasn't on our initial target list, either in Midnight Hammer or Epic Theory, And perhaps that's because intelligence suggests that they don't have the kind of cascading centrifuges that we think they could have down there. It's capable to have, not necessarily that it does have. This is pure speculation on my part, but I am also of the view that which is I think David Albright's view that because we have such powerful surveillance over this country signals intelligence, reconnaissance intelligence, as well as on the ground intelligence via the israelis that it's so penetrated that if they were to restart something like a program designed to develop a ficial visionable.
Speaker 3: Device, we would see it. We'd see it long before it came to fruit. So I'm less concerned.
Speaker 5: About neutralizing Pickaxe Mountain than I am about securing the Strait. To me, that is just the final linchpin in this campaign and establishes a very durable press the president that was established after Midnight Hammer which is that no president Republican or Democrat after this president will want to preside over the nuclear breakout of the Iranian regime. Even if there are critics of these operations, they'll nevertheless commit to a lawnmowing campaign just to avoid being the guy who lost the Iran War, to avoid being the person who presided over Iran's nuclearization. If the strait persists in the condition that it's in, that calculation changes, Democrats and Republicans after this president will say, well, this really wasn't worth the problems that I create for my predecessor and for myself.
Speaker 3: I really think.
Speaker 5: Once we get the straight back that we've completed every objective of this campaign that's achievable.
Speaker 1: That argument is working. The next rathe I'm concerned with the thirty months between now and when President Trump laves office. I also asked him do we have the capacity? He said, we've wiped out the first string, the second string, and had their third strings. So my question was do we know can we find can we kill what's left of the third string and the fourth string in the fifth s tring? And he said yes, but I don't want to talk about it a do you believe him, they should we do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe him. I do believe him.
Speaker 5: I think that the Israelis, in particular, we're saying, you know, we have locations on these people and we should take action on that, and that the President was dissuaded against that course. These we were in the midst of negotiations, and I believe there were some folks in the President's here saying, well, these are you know, these are being these are productive talks, and we should allow them to to reach to your ultimate conclusion. I'm glad that he didn't follow that course indefinitely. It was not productive as productive as some people said.
Speaker 7: He should be.
Speaker 5: So should he continue to execute these assassination campaigns, I think at this stage it's warranted. I don't think that we have many indications that the cast of characters we're dealing with now either has the capacity to negotiate on behalf of the Iranian regime as comprehensive organism, or that they're willing to compromise in ways that would satisfy the president. So yeah, the theory of this war was to get down these layers and find somebody worth talking to.
Speaker 1: I want to get to the Blood and Progress portion of my segment, which is it will next be tested. The theory of blood and Progress in your new book will be tested in Michigan. I was on Fox and Friends this morning talking about l SI Ed versus Haley Stevens. What do you think is going to happen up there? Because LSA Ed is definitely a Blood and Progress candidate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he is, and before two weeks ago, I would have said that he's on a glide path to win this nomination. There's been some recent polling that suggests Haley Stevens is making a bit of a comeback. She's a more establishmentarian candidate in this race by no means conservative, but establishmentarian satisfies the shoot the Chuck Schumer wing of this party.
Speaker 3: So I don't know which direction this primary is going to go.
Speaker 5: Again, I would have said that the DSA takeover of the Democratic Party was encountering no speed bumps until all this grand Platiner thing happened, and then all of a sudden we get what looks like some buyer's remorse on behalf of Republican primary voters. I'll wait until August fourth, which is Michigan's primary, to make a final determination there. But if this proves to be illusory, if that Miarage and Elsa wins this primary, it demonstrates that the Democratic Party has succumbed to a level of radicalization that I never anticipated they would succumb to, and that they will almost certainly regret, whether it's this year or in twenty twenty eight. The Islamicization of this party. We can't even call it a radicalization. It's not even socialism. It is a red Green alliance. It is radical. Islam has become a wedge issue in Michigan, shockingly enough, and it's one where it can go kind of either way. Regardless of how the Democratic Party resolves this conflict, it's going to haunt them. They spent the twenty twenty six primary season chin stroking and ruminating over the virtue of the Islamic indictment of the United States and Mila Kiros's words, the Colorado woman who won the primary in Chicago's in Colorado's first she says that we are articulates the logical some have been laden articulating for nine to eleven.
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm reconstructed.
Speaker 1: That's a good word for it. I'm reconstructed. Red Green Alliance. Nos c Rossman, author of Blood and Progress, senior writer for National To thank you for joining me, stay tuned.
Speaker 8: To the jew As.
Speaker 1: Welcome back America. United States Senator Jim Talent, now retired from the United States Senate, a senior fellow with the Reagan Institute of Peter's Strength, he joins me every week, Senator, you watched the President talk to me on Monday, talk to Trey Yankst on Tuesday. Just got done with Edward Lawrence at Fox saying the same thing, as rhetoric is increasingly pointed towards Iran and we're hammering the heck out of him. What do you think as something worked from the President's mind? What do you think?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: I think this was so something he considered all along.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 10: I remember when we signed the MoU our friends and who have the same position we do regarding Iran. We're very concerned that we were going to give up all these assets, give all these things to the Iranians. Well what happened was the oil started moving, which is what the President wanted, and the Iranians got nothing. They got no unfrozen assets, they got no three hundred.
Speaker 8: Billion dollar rebuilding fund.
Speaker 10: And they couldn't sell their oil anybody but the Chinese, who, by the way, have now decided since the sanctions have been reasserted that even their teapot refineries don't want them. And so that's why the Iranians attacked again. They've played the only card they got and so now we are punishing them. And it would not surprise me at all if we don't see some serious outreach from the Iranians in the next week or two that they want negotiations.
Speaker 8: If this oil.
Speaker 10: Keeps moving and Sentcom says they are prepared and postured to keep it moving, then I think the Iranians are going to have to seek some kind of a settlement that enables them to get out from under this situation.
Speaker 1: Senator, the first thing I want to see on any m OU two point zero is access for the IAEA to Pickax Mountain. I talked about it with the President, talked about it with Trey Yanks, He's talked about it again, and so it's on the map now and it's very easy to say, go take a look, IAEA. Have two days down there, We'll have He's fire all around. Shouldn't we have a step by step m ou. If we go back to m OU two.
Speaker 10: Yeah, if they're prepared to go far enough to actually give up this enriched uranium, that I guess they've got. The kind of deal that I'm thinking about, though, is one where they basically just agree to allow international traffic through the strait. They really do stop threatening it, and they don't get anything for that.
Speaker 8: In other words, they throw in the towel on that.
Speaker 10: I think the President would probably agree to that because you and I know we want the rest of the enriched uranium. This nuclear program, in my opinion, is effectively dead. I think the reason the President's pushing so hard to get the enriched uranium and to shut it down entirely is he's concerned about what may happen when he leaves office. He wants to take care of it fully, finally, absolutely, because he's concerned about what his successors may do. But as for me, I mean, I'm not saying it's not a risk, but it's so much less compared to where we were before Operation Midnight Hammer in the last six months, I'm not that worried about it myself.
Speaker 1: All right now, I want I don't want ten things that are as confusing as MoU two was, I don't want a lot of I just want you. Maybe yours a step one, stop shooting at ships for two weeks, will stop bombing you after that. That's a pretty simple proposition, right, you stop shooting at ships. Yeah we'll stop bombing, but for two weeks, we're going to blow up a few things. And here's our list. Do you think the leaders that he told me, we know where they are, we can get them. Should we go get the third string?
Speaker 8: That would be a great way to pressure them.
Speaker 10: And I would be surprised if there are not factions within the Iranian leadership that would be prepared to agree to.
Speaker 8: Something like that.
Speaker 10: I mean, they're under such an enormous pressure now they have to start focusing on regime survival. Iranian power has been broken, their strategy has been shattered. They're completely isolated. Their Gulf state neighbors are now shooting at them. And there's a point where where even the hardliners are going to say, you know what, we need to drink a little bit more of the poison chalice now and go back and hide and buy for a while, focus on trying to get some streams of revenue, keep the regime in power, and then outweigh Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah the dog that to me, yeah, the dog that hasn't parked. They did not shoot at Israel. What's that tell you?
Speaker 10: They knew what was going to happen if they shot at Israel, and they've seen what's happened now when they shot at us. And to me, the thing I'm watching now you is the price of oil. It's gone up a little bit, but if it stays between seventy and eighty dollars a barrel, then effectively their ability to threaten the strait is gone. And as far as I can see you, that's the last thing they've got left. They got no missiles to speak of, no drones, no navy they get their proxies are either destroyed or under tremendous pressure from Israel.
Speaker 8: And of course they have no real new program left.
Speaker 10: So the one thing they had was the ability to threaten the strained, because it doesn't take much power.
Speaker 3: To do that.
Speaker 8: The who this can threaten coastal shipping.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 10: So if we're if we force them to back down from that, then what we have done is destroyed their capability, which you know, I'll remind everybody listening. That was the object of the mission to destroy their capabilities to aggress against their neighbors and against US.
Speaker 1: Jim, did you notice that Ukraine last night sunk a boat right off the coast of putin Is Villa in the Sea of Azov using sea based cruise missiles. I still worry that Ron's going to get something that we don't know about, and they're going to get a lucky shot the Sheffield off.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean, look, you can never eliminate the risk entirely, and if as long as the regime stays in power and has not done in Venezuela, we're going to have to keep managing the situation. But basically, I think the plan going forward view is that the military power in the region going to be supplied mostly by Israel. I think that's what the President has in mind. In other words, there'll be a new balance of power in the Middle East. It'll be run by the United States will be the leader Israel, the Gulf States, Egypt, Jordan, et cetera. We will be stitching together economic partnerships among those countries, and to the extent military power is needed, the Israelis will be largely providing it. And that is a recipe for an equilibrium in the Middle East which would permit us to draw our forces down there.
Speaker 8: I think that's what the President has in.
Speaker 1: Mind, and maybe a collapse of the regime in a few months as Melosovich went down after the bombing. I think it was a few months after the bombing stop that Melosevich felt, Am I correct?
Speaker 8: Then they fell?
Speaker 10: Yeah, And look, I think the collapse of the regime is inevitable.
Speaker 8: I just don't know how imminent it is.
Speaker 1: Well said, is all. Jim Talent, Thank you, Senator, follow him on x at. Jim Talent, happy to welcome back. We're Admiral Mark Montgomery, retired United States Navy joined us from Kiev, Ukraine tonight. Admiral, thank you for staying up late. What did Ukraine do in the Cea of Azov yesterday?
Speaker 11: You know they're continuing to impose costs on the on the Russians. You know they've been doing mid range strike against logistics systems of trucks, cars of fuelers trying to get from through their language to Crimea.
Speaker 6: That mid range strikes going great.
Speaker 11: They've been doing long range strike on the fossil fuel production refining delivery, and now they've expanded that to include the fossil fuel distribution going on through the Sea of Azov, you know, moving around trying to avoid being a pinned land target. So look, this is the natural extension of the development of Ukraine's domestic drone into street their ability to target at deeper and deeper ranges inside Russia, and Russia's inability to conduct air defense.
Speaker 6: Over all of Russia at all times.
Speaker 1: So I add, well, do we have to start worrying fast about our adversaries obtaining the technology that Ukraine is using the devastating effect to the navy, scene and air forces of Russia.
Speaker 11: So I think our ground forces do, and I think we've seeing that in the Middle East, where a fairly inexpensive, easy to reasonably easy to shoot.
Speaker 6: Down Shahed drone has rend.
Speaker 11: Tavoc on our Arab allies and on some of our bases, particularly the ones on the east. We have very good air and maritime air defense, and it translates into pretty good air maritime drone defense, which is to say, our aircraft, if they can get behind the drone swarm, can.
Speaker 6: Have tried it away.
Speaker 11: But the problem is you've got to get behind it, and what we're seeing the Middle East to these short range shots you know, from Iran and the Bahrain, Qatar, UAE Kuwait and Prince Sultan a base in Saudi Arabia where we can't get behind them to shoot them down with our rocket systems on the planes in time. And therefore, and we don't have a ground based drone interceptor program like Russia doesn't have one.
Speaker 6: The one country that have, by the way, is Ukraine. I was out there the other day.
Speaker 11: I saw about eight or nine ground based interceptor operations. They have twenty three different varieties of ground based interceptors, one of which, by the way, made by an American company, Eric Schmidt's team, the mir OPS, is really among the very best.
Speaker 1: When we talk about the development in warfare. I noticed Saronic three of their coursairs went into and took out navy resources and a submarine and a sub pen andy Iran. Is that the future of the navy? Did we just see that? Nobody noticed?
Speaker 11: So I've been watching it for two years here in Ukraine, and you're correct. I thought no one was noticing. Got to give the Navy credit. They moved forward faster with Saronic then we knew. Remember Saronic did a rescue of a couple helicopter down helicopter air crewmen about a month ago, and now Saronic has done strikes, these unmanned surface vessel strikes.
Speaker 6: Now, as you remember, the Ukrainians.
Speaker 11: Have been doing this for about two years in the Black Sea, just hammering the Russian fleet, driving the back deeper deeper into.
Speaker 6: The Sea of Azov and other areas far away.
Speaker 11: And in fact, yet two days ago they beat they had an unmanned surface vessel of the Ukrainians beach deep behind enemy lines, off rolled a ground unmanned vehicle with a fifty caliber gun on it, came in behind Russian positions and killed shot him. And then they observed it with an unmanned aerial vehicle, as you know, is a top cover.
Speaker 6: So you had.
Speaker 11: Ground air and maritime, a joint unmanned vehicle fest and one thing. So yes, this is this is a change, particularly in latoral warfare. I'm not sure this changes, you know, the fight out around the second island chain to the same degree, but it definitely changes the fight in the littoral.
Speaker 6: You know, as we see in the navy inside the first island chain.
Speaker 1: All right, and well let's get your take on what is happening in Iran in real time. I talked to the President on the show on Monday. He's concerned about Pickaxe Mountain. He knows about it. I think he's finally got on the target list. We're talking about a being on the target list, and it looks like five days in a row we've been hammering them. How do you assess what's going on there?
Speaker 11: Look, we're applying a lot of combat power to Iran's ability to impact the straight over moves. In other words, the area from vander O Bas to Boushir, you know, fifty to seventy kilometers deep inside Iran. We're hitting there to hit draw launch sites, small boat launch sites, missile launch sites. Have actually been some cruise missiles fired. We're trying to prevent the IRO audience will be able to impose their will. I think we're also hitting the small islands that around occupies in the Strait to kind of eliminate them as a base for weaponry. This is necessary, this is what you need to do if you're eventually going to say the Southern Transit scheme, the one closest to Oman is open for business, and we're going to have to really clear that, you know, it's clear back the brushes far, you know, and make it painful for anyone to stick their head up.
Speaker 6: And this is going to take several weeks.
Speaker 11: I think of probably more than one hundred and forty combat missions a day, two hundred and fifty three hundred combat misses a day by the Air Force and Navy against that target set.
Speaker 1: The President talked today in Pennsylvania about the power plants and bridges option, which he says is next week if they don't start talking to us. Seriously, He's tired of them saying a to our negotiating team and then coming out and saying not a. Do you think that that's going to actually transpire this time?
Speaker 11: So first I'll guarantee Iran continues to be you know, stubborn and unproductive negotiators. I have forty seven years of history on my side there. Okay, With that said, what I talked about was how you create the conditions for the flow, how you the create additions for them to come back to the operating the negotiating table as a full on blockade, which he's also put in place along with strikes that hurt his industrial base, the Iron's industrial base, and so I think he can legitimately hit many of the bridges. Many of the power plants in the country are legitimate military targets, and so I think he can hit those. Some bridges are not and some power plants are not. And I think our planners can tell the distinction. They'll pass that up through Admiral Cooper and General Kine, and the President will understand which ones are hitting which ones for By the way, I got to agree with something he said earlier, he should throw a few.
Speaker 6: Out.
Speaker 1: I hope did you say you do or you don't agree with that? Admiral you broke up a little bit.
Speaker 3: I said, do you agree.
Speaker 1: Or not agree that he should hit Pickaxe Mountain with some massive ordinance penetrators. I think, oh, you do.
Speaker 6: I agree.
Speaker 1: Last question, then, Admiral, in terms of what we're doing to our navy, Admiral Cooper's got to be a friend of yours. Here's just your colleagues. I'm sure from somewhere down the road. Are we putting too much of his stress on the United States Navy. They've been over there, the Lincoln's been there four months and the bush has been there one or two. Are we able to sustain this for a long period of time six months?
Speaker 6: Say we can.
Speaker 11: The implication what we have to worry about is what we did in twenty twelve and twenty thirteen when we let this kind of extended deployment for the Navy and air Force go on for eighteen months. It went on for eighteen months. The Navy warned the Department of Defense that, hey, in twenty you know, sometime in the future, we won't be able to deploy carries. And sure enough, in twenty seventeen, no aircraft carrier was able to deploy, and our aircraft fighter air force fighter readiness dropped from say sixty percent to thirty percent. So if you do this kind of sustained operation for a total about eighteen months, that means, you know, from February of twenty you know, twenty six to September twenty twenty seven, you're guaranteed to be in trouble.
Speaker 6: I would say the pain really starts around the month twelve with this.
Speaker 11: That's when you're doing cheat of backflips in terms of deployments, and you'll really impact Navy and air Force readiness but eighteen months is where guaranteed hard pain comes in.
Speaker 1: So we had a minute left, we have some flexibility. Then does that mean hit him as hard as you can for six months, because we're going to run out a runway after six months and we have to draw back, resupply and rest.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I would the best if you got the forces there, you use them. We have the ammunition for that. We have the short range you know, precision strike jadmrs. We have hundreds at that. We have you know, one hundreds of thousand of these kind of precision got ammunitions. We do have shortfalls in certain areas, but not in those. We can do this mission. We can keep doing this mission. We've suppressed the enemy air defense.
Speaker 6: We could do this. We can do the blockade.
Speaker 11: We can go seize the ships that got through a week ago though you know before the blockad was in.
Speaker 6: Give a little extra pain, seize those ships. Apply combat power.
Speaker 11: When it's available, don't keep it in reserve and then have to use it three six months later.
Speaker 6: I would use it now while you got it.
Speaker 1: Adam Mark Montgomery from Kiev, thank you for joining us, Matt. It's so illuminating on so many fronts. I appreciate it. We're admal Montgomery returning. I take Navy. Thank you call them on exit. Marc se Montgomery and your fellow with the Foundation for Defensive Democracies always a welcome guest, pays all over the world, all the time. Take care of yourself, Admiral. I'll be right back by Catherine Ham. My friends. You've probably seen the headlines are worse your latest bill. Big Wireless is raising rates again. That means you could be paying more for the same service or getting pushed into a price here plan you simply do not need. That's not right. You can switch to Consumer selultor right now and save an additional fifty dollars. When you go to consumerselluler dot com slash hue and use the promo code Hugh fifty And if you happen to be over the age of fifty, listen to this. You can get a single line with unlimited talk, text and data for just thirty five dollars a month. Remember their numbers eight hundred four to one one forty four to fifty four, eight hundred four one one forty four to fifty four, eight hundred one forty four to fifty four. Consumer Cellular ranks number one for network coverage and for customer satisfaction according to ACSI. And when you switch, you'll talk to an actual human being base right here in the United States. No long term contracts, no hidden fees. You can keep your phone or choose a new one. Get an additional fifty dollars off when you switch today using promo code H fifty, and do not forget if you are over fifty, you get a single ligne unlimited talk texting data for thirty five dollars a month. Visit Consumer Cellular dot com slash hugh and use promo code Q fifty or call one eight hundred and four for four to fifty four and use promo code Q fifty. The images coming out of Venezuela are heartbreaking. Powerful earthquakes have left entire community in rubble. Families are already struggling, suddenly lost their homes, apartments, even access to clean water, the necessities needed to survive. Right now, children are sleeping and makeshift shelters. Parents are searching for food, clean water, basic safety for their family. That's why Food for the Poor is responding immediately, working through trusted local partners already serving these communities. They're providing emergency food, drinking water, hygiene supplies, other life saving assistance. Relief can't win. Every hour matters. The people of Venezuela and need our prayers and they also need our help. From your mobile phone, Tex Hewitt Hgwitt to five to one five five five Again Text Hewitt Hgwitt to five one five five five if you send it Tex to receive a reply with a secure link where you can make your emergency gift to help the people who Venezuela. Together, we give you the hands and feed of Christ, bring hope, relief, God's love the families who've lost so much. I'm you, Hewett, and I thank you.
Speaker 12: Before America was America, Roger Williams argued that conscience must be free. This weekend, Salem News Channels America two fifty Film Series presents Church and State, Roger Williams and the founding of freedom of religion. Discover the story behind one of America's most consequential ideas. It's the America two fifty Film Series Saturday and Sunday at seven pm Eastern this weekend on Salem News Channel.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, America. I'm to Hewett, joined by Mary Catherine Ham, host of the Getting Hammered podcast. Mary Catherine, I have not yet listened to my Getting Hammered today, had dropped this morning, but I know you were talking about the buffalo. Now. I saw the buffalo once and I couldn't watch it again. Is the guy who got hammered by the buffalo alive?
Speaker 13: He's not only alive, he is injured, but he's doing well and apparently was in good spirits throughout. He seems like a real Western, tough grandpa type. And I theorized that the bison only went after him because he was jealous of his tremendous beard, which was about down to his middle button on his button down, or rather his overalls, which is what he was wearing in the video.
Speaker 1: I thought maybe it was because the royalty check didn't clear from buffalo wild wings. I didn't. I thought that was the craziest thing. I thought buffaloes were Pacific, didn't you.
Speaker 13: No, I know that they're not, because I've been the Yellowstone a couple of times, and I have been in not in close quarters with one, but I've been on an isolated hike trail of a mountain with one before, and I was like, steer clear of that because they can get they can't get rowdy at times if you get too close. This guy wasn't doing anything wrong. He just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time with a very ornery bison.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, did he get nailed once? Or just that one time that's on the video. I watched it once. I just couldn't watch it again.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think it was just the one time.
Speaker 13: And his telling of it is that he told his grandson heroically to run one direction and he ran the other so that he could hopefully bring the bison toward him instead.
Speaker 14: Of his grandson.
Speaker 13: So hold with some selflessness and toughness, and he seems to be okay despite a few broken bones.
Speaker 1: Hero Grandpa. I look forward to hearing you and Vic go through the specific Now. The next thing I learned from your show notes today, I missed that Sir sam Neil died the New Zealand at I missed it, entile. Did he get any notice at all these Jurassic Park Man he did?
Speaker 13: You might have just I don't know, you might have just missed it on X But you should go look because everybody's paying great tributes in addition to Jurassic Park, of course, which is like probably the most well known, but that's causing people to bring up the other ones as well.
Speaker 14: Event Horizon Hunt for Red October.
Speaker 13: I really liked him in Peaky Blinders, where I love Sam Neil, always have, and his character in Peaky Blinders is so cold blooded and horrific that I was surprised how much I hated him.
Speaker 14: He's a great actor.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I've watched Peaky Blinders, every minute of it, and I can't remember Sam Neil in it. Who's the character?
Speaker 14: He was the police chief in that first.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, the guy that got nailed in the.
Speaker 7: Phone booth, the corrupt guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, he got taken care of my aunt, whatever her name. But Polly and Polly did him. And that's a spoiler for anyone who hasn't watched Peaky Blinders.
Speaker 6: But that's watch out, guys, watch out.
Speaker 1: I won't do any more spoilers. And then he was in Thor. Who'd he play at Thor?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 14: I didn't know he was in Thor, but I like him.
Speaker 1: I liked him, I said, I like him a lot as well. All right, you also did the Senate scoreboard, and I'm always doing the Senate scoreboard. I was on Fox and Friends this morning talking about Michigan, So I want to start with the Michigan primary Doctor Abduahl say Ed is a go blue guy, right. He want to undergrad and he played on the lacrosse team. Then he went and got his MD from Columbia, and then he went back to Michigan got his PhD from the university's epidemiologists. There's some discussion about whether he's actually ever practiced medicine, but he's an epidemiologist with a PHDMD. I'm not going to argue credentials. And he is a lefty from the left of the left. Haley Stevens, though, is the most cringe video I've seen this year. So what's the take from Mary Catherine Hamlan.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think, Look, I want to be regionally accepting and think that maybe the Michigan A she is employed, and that clip is less problematic for others than for my ear. But there's something about that energy that is very odd in that clip that is circulating, and she talks like that a lot. The funny thing is, if you look back at her twenty eighteen ads when she was first elected. She doesn't sound like that. She sounds much more subdued. She sounds much more normal now. Is this just a one off? Can she adjust?
Speaker 7: Maybe?
Speaker 13: But I think look, I think she faces an uphill battle here despite showing them a pretty close.
Speaker 14: In some polling. Man, the energy is really with the far left, and if you.
Speaker 13: Are not bringing an AAA plus game as an establishment candidate, I think you rent into some problems. That being said, there are plenty of normal Dems left in Michigan. I think, among them black voters who if you look at the crosstabs and some of these pollings, I believe it was the Detroit News one sixty seven percent backing Stevens versus L.
Speaker 14: Saed versus white affluent liberal.
Speaker 13: Voters, which are of course basically flip flopped and supporting L. Saed because they are four socialist candidates, and black voters are often more conservative and more moderate than liberal affluent voters.
Speaker 1: Well, this morning on with Fox and Friends with Lawrence, I did a throwback in the twenty sixteen Bernie Hillary race. Bernie beat Hillary in Michigan's primary, but that was in March and the kids were in school. I spent three years at ann Arbor, and I know it's an enormous university, enormous university system, and a lot out of state people, but a lot of in state people. They're in school, and they're easy to find and turn out in March. They're not in school on August fourth. Do you think that'll play a factor in this.
Speaker 13: I think it matters that the margins. Although I am cognizant that far left people are very very good at finding votes and curing votes and in chasing votes, and if some of those happened to be out of state University of Michigan students, I bet they can do it often because they don't have a lot of time spent doing other things. In many cases, we're subsidizing their activism, so perhaps they will go finding.
Speaker 1: Those I think Mike Rodgers will beat either of them. Now. If he doesn't, I'd much rather have Hailey Stevens because she is a strong supporter of Israel. A PAK is coming in heavy on her side. That devolution it was like a bad Hillary campaign. That ad or that clip was as bad as Hillary ever was. When people who are not naturally that way try to act that way, it doesn't work right, Catherine, Why don't they learn that it will work right?
Speaker 13: You must be yourself and if yourself is a sort of measured, kind of boring midwestern gal like you should do that.
Speaker 14: That's why she was elected the first time, right.
Speaker 13: Her pitch is sort of Tracy flick Is esque, which is like, I get the job done. I might not be the most exciting candidate, but I get the job done.
Speaker 14: So she may be trying to invoke.
Speaker 13: Other feelings and it's not working for her out there on the staff.
Speaker 14: I'm with you. I hope that Hailey Stevens is the.
Speaker 13: Nominee because I'm not in the practice of wishing for socialists on the other side of the ballot to make things easier, because I fear that it will get too close for comfort.
Speaker 1: Yep, we learned that with about let's talk about Maine. Graham Platner's gone, and almost certainly it's going to be Troy Jackson. So I had breakfast for the couple of lean Democrat to Democrat people this week, and they're really bummed out. They wanted Nadiv Shaw or Navid Shaw, they wanted anybody but Troy Jackson because apparently a stick about her has more personality than Troy Jackson. I myself don't care because I think Susan Collins, like Mike Rogers, she's just going to win. But boy, they can make it easier for if they nominate Troy Jackson, who is the prague? What did you say about it?
Speaker 14: Here's what I know about Troy Jackson, and it's not all that much.
Speaker 13: I've read up a little bit on him, but I saw his I saw an appearance on MS now, and you got to understand that on any platform, even MS now, this is the appearance you're going to be asked, what is the reason that did you continued to back.
Speaker 14: This guy after the Nazi tattoo? What's the reason you continued to back him after.
Speaker 13: The allegations from Wendesay Fifield who's a friend of mine, on domestic abuse? And then the last straw, of course, was Jenny Rescott in Politico why didn't you drop him earlier?
Speaker 14: And he didn't have an answer for it. And I just think when you're going on TV as.
Speaker 13: A real candidate who's supposed to be ready for prime time, please game out the things you're going to be asked.
Speaker 14: And if you're not gaming out the most simple of those. You have a problem already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you also think it? Well? People who know how the Senate works? Could they possibly vote Susan Collins out when chiefs the chair of the appropriations pit. Wouldn't that be the dumbest thing ever for Maine to do.
Speaker 14: I think a lot of people in main understand that.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's very good, followed Mallory Catherine MK hammer listened to the Getting Hammered podcast that Mary Catherine hosts along with Dick Mattison. Will come right back America. You've heard me talk off and on about the tax credit provisions that were included in the One Big, Beautiful Bill, the Working Family's Tax Cut, authored by Ted Cruz. Some states have already opted into the program, but for an update. Norton Rainey joins us and is the CEO of the A Scholarships Program. Longtime friend of the program. Norton, good to see you again. Can you start for the benefit of the Steelers fans by explaining what the law does and how it operates for families with children who are not in public schools.
Speaker 9: You It's wonderful to see you as always. Thank you so much for your leadership in America and supporting what we think is arguably the most important initiative this country has seen for decades, and it's putting children and parents first in America. The Education Freedom Tax Credit for those who don't know was included in the Big Beautiful Bill in twenty twenty seven, and what it does, beginning in twenty twenty seven, it enables every parent in America to put their child in the education environment that's right for them, whether it be a public school, a homeschool, or a environment that is a micro school. Parents have the power to do it's right for them. So, if you're a person listening and you pay tax as an America, you can give up to seventeen hundred per year and claim a dollar for dollar federal tax credit beginning in January twenty twenty seven, and you basically have a choice give that money to the government or give that money to a program like a scholarships that can help up parents and children fulfill their dreams.
Speaker 1: Now, let's get into the nitty gritty. Norton Rady and as the CEO of a scholarship, sho guard keeping track of which states have opted in. So if a parent's got a kid in a parochial school, or a Jewish day school or just a homeschooling environment. How does it work, What does their state have to do? How do they get credit? Can they pay their own kids tuition?
Speaker 9: Well, the law states that states must opt in, and that happens by a governor saint either yes or no to the federal credit program and enabling parents in their state to participate. To date, thirty one states have either opted in or expressed.
Speaker 7: An interest in opting in.
Speaker 9: I want to point out that three of those states, Kentucky, New York, and Colorado, are Democratic states and Governor Jared pouls in the state of Colorado was the first Democrat to really break rank and say that we believe in education in the state of Colorado, and so Colorado will lead the charge as a blue state. That will enable taxpayers to give and that means that children in the state of Colorado will benefit. For the thirty one states who have currently opted in, that is a game changer for them. That means once again that they have access to a great education that will unlock incredible potential.
Speaker 7: For the states who've not opted in.
Speaker 9: We are encouraging governors right now to opt in. So that your taxpayers can give and ensure that money stays within your state.
Speaker 1: So when a taxpayer they have to write the seventeen hundred dollars check, for example, to ACE, it's a dollar for dollar credit off of their federal tax that they have to pay ten thousand in taxes. All of a sudden, they're paying eight three hundred dollars in taxes because they've given seventeen hundred dollars to A scholarships. But do the parents do they control the money once they give it away or is it up to ACE to control the money. And is there any any ability of the parent to say, I want that to scholarship my child.
Speaker 7: Well, a couple things that parents can do.
Speaker 9: They can give the money to a program like ACE Scholarships, and we can direct that money to their school. They can't direct their own donation to their child. However, most parents in America will qualify. The provision actually allows most middle income families who probably make under four hundred thousand dollars per year to qualify. That's a lot of money. That's most Americans right now that are making either four hundred.
Speaker 7: Thousand dollars or less.
Speaker 9: To be specific, it's three hundred percent of your meeting income in the district that you live in. So this is really a win for almost every family in America.
Speaker 7: But what I would say to people, even.
Speaker 9: Though you can't direct the money to your child, is give them money to a program like a scholarships, and we will make sure that money is going to your school or to home school, or if you're in a public school, that you have the ability to use that money for education programs that are above and beyond what's paid for by taxpayers in your public school.
Speaker 7: I think that's really important as well.
Speaker 9: There are people, including union members, who are saying right now this is anti public schools and they are opposing this program. What they're doing is they're opposing children in public schools because this bill gives them an opportunity to use this money so their education is enhanced. So our directive right now to Americans is give generously, take advantage of your dollar for a dollar seventeen hundred dollars credit, and you will transform America so that we continue being the greatest country on the planet.
Speaker 1: So let's just put aside having children or not. If you're a tax payer and you're paying federal taxes, in excessive seventeen hundred dollars. It makes sense to give it to ACE or somebody like ACE, because then you will pay nothing in federal taxes. You're seventeen hundred dollars dollars per dollar credit, you'll get the seventeen hundred, but there is no direct connection between the parent and the child. Do you think some of these organizations will in fact take cognizance of where the check is coming from and give it into that school district or that school.
Speaker 9: Well, we certainly already ase scholarships. That's a very important thing for us. We're partnering with our private schools, we're partnering with public schools, and we're setting up website portals for these entities and so the money that they're raising, we're administering the program for them. So as a scholarship granting organization that has operations in all fifty states right now, we're making this very simple for schools in organizations who want to raise money and ensure that that money stays within their entity. We've invested over ten million in technology. We have technology that makes the seamless for the schools or our partner are donors and the children who will benefit. So, to answer your question, we have the ability to ensure the money goes where they want this money to go. The only thing they can't do is directed to their child. However, if they're raising a lot of money within their school, that means their child likely will benefit.
Speaker 1: So every private school, pro Kail, Jewish state school, Evangelical, just a private school, private day school, they ought to be enrolled in this program if they're in the right state. Is it just the governor's decision Norton raining, or does the legislature have to back them up?
Speaker 9: It is only the governor at the law states that the governor must opt in or opt out, and so the governor has the discretion to make a decision whether they participate in this program. And again, thirty one states to date have opted in. That's a win for children and a win for America. But we need all governors in America to be in this program so that children in their states benefit.
Speaker 7: If they don't opt.
Speaker 9: In, we can still collect money from taxpayers. Sadly, we just direct that money to other states we have opted in.
Speaker 1: Uh Norton, good to see you a scholarships what's the website? Quickly Norton.
Speaker 9: There to Education Freedom tax Credit dot org and sign up.
Speaker 7: And we'll make sure we keep you posted. For a January twenty twenty seven you can take advantage of this amazing program.
Speaker 1: Thank your Education Freedom tax Credit dot org. Education Freedom tax Credit dot org Norton, or any of a scholarships. Thanks for joining the kidnem the post we'll check in again. Don't go anywhere American too to it