Speaker 1: He's editor in chief of Breitbart News and a New York Times best selling author, and on this podcast he brings deep research, prescient analysis, and.
Speaker 2: World class guests. He's Alex Marlow, and this is the Alex Marlow Show.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Very pleased to be joined by my London bureau chief, the wonder for Oliver JJJ Lane, who is working for very long time and incredible work for us at breit Bart. And Oliver, I want to start talking Epstein Royal family with you implications, but hopefully, god willing, we will have some time to talk also about perhaps a new populist anti establishment government in the UK.
Speaker 4: It could be on the horizon, who knows.
Speaker 1: It's not inconceivable, which is crazy to say, but possible. So we'll get to that a little bit. But let's start with the big stuff. The royal family completely rocked. There's been so much smoke around Princey Andrew and for so long King Charles's brother. But I have to admit, when I woke up this morning and saw that he'd been literally arrested, I didn't think this happened to people like this. In historically speaking, it doesn't, so tell us what happened in.
Speaker 4: Were usually shocked as well.
Speaker 3: Well, not shocks as such, because I think this has been coming for a long time. But I think if we were surprised, then we were probably just about as surprised as the King was. As we learn from British state media, who of course have all their fingers in all the government pies, shall we say, they're on the inside, they're reporting that the King had not been told in advance this arrest was going to happen today, so as long time watchers of bright bart News will know, the company's sometimes royal correspondence. I'm a great fan of the royal family, of the King, of his late mother, of the Queen, and you might therefore suppose that for me, today's like a dark day, like to see a senior member of the royal family arrested.
Speaker 2: But actually I'm feeling pretty upbeat about it.
Speaker 3: The fact that I live in a country where the police kind of rest the brother of the king, and the fact the King didn't know in advance is not a scandal, and everybody says, actually that's good, that's the.
Speaker 2: Law working the way it should. I feeling good about that.
Speaker 1: So I totally agree it's kind of an amazing flex for you guys to be able to have actual justice, perhaps getting served, even for literal monarchs, is pretty great.
Speaker 4: It's very impressive.
Speaker 1: But let's talk about Prince Andrew's history. He's not really thought of as a good guy and hasn't been for a very long time. Can you give US Americans some of the background? Today's show sponsored by Lear Capital, the precious metals leader since nineteen ninety seven and only company I trust and recommend to my family, friends and viewers. Visit Lear alex dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of a sad thing to say that in a way. Obviously, no sympathy if any of these things are proven true, which I hasten to mad nothing has yet. It's all claims and counterclaims. But once Prince Andrew, as he was then is no longer was something of a hero in this country. He was a proper serving naval pilot. He flew helicopters in the Falklands War, and not in a sort of rear echolon sort of way.
Speaker 2: He was on the front line.
Speaker 3: He was a real combat pilot, commanded a real warship after that in the Royal Navy. Left the Navy in two thousand and one as a commander, and he had this kind of like action man kind of figure, you know, impression in the.
Speaker 2: UK, and that's the way.
Speaker 3: People thought about him, and it seems to have basically have all gone downhill at that point. I think possibly him being in the military was the best place for him.
Speaker 2: Gave him an outlet for his.
Speaker 3: You know, whatever energy he has he needs to deal with. And it's at that point, in two thousand and one that he was appointed a trade envoy for the UK government.
Speaker 2: We had a left wing.
Speaker 3: Labor government back then, and I guess that was their way of doing something for the monarchy and giving him a job, using him in a way that was used to the government because clearly they thought he it wasn't gonna be very good at the cutting ribbons business opening churches. Rather get him out, get him abroad, get him selling British industry abroad, and that you know that clearly hasn't worked out that well. I mean, he was known as air Miles Andy back then because he was just putting so much on the government credit card paying for all those flights, is all those trade missions. And it's during that time we now believe so these allegations claim that he became friends with Jeffrey Epstein and it was information that he then Prince Andrew was getting from these trade missions that he was then allegedly passing on to Epstein. Because there's always been this question mark over Jeffrey Epstein hasn't there, which is, Okay, he's this billionaire financier and he's using this money, his enormous wealth, to buy these incredible properties which are then used to law powerful people and beautiful women allegedly. I mean, I guess we know that, I'd have to say allegedly on that one, you know, to bring them together, and that's where the comprom as is made. The question was always where did Epstein's money come from? And assuming any of this is true, we don't know yet. It may be that some of this money came from the fact that he had advanced information about global affairs that he was getting from these people in his network, and one of these people may have been Prince Andrew because he was going around the world on these trade missions and he was sending reports about what he was up to to Epstein, and Epstein would have information about this stuff before anybody else, and that's a great place to be if you're a trader, if you're in the market, So that is yes.
Speaker 1: Ikes, yeah, So this is where I want to go into a little bit of the tail into his history, which you've been kind of have to furnish me with some of this stuff. But he allegedly passed confidential information on his visits to Singapore, Vietnam, Hong Kong and change then.
Speaker 4: Which is in China. So what do we know?
Speaker 1: What is speggi and where do you get this information? What is he passing? All was very dirty stuff and reputationally very deleterious.
Speaker 3: Very indeed, I mean, where this has all come from is the latest tranch of Epstein emails, because of course Prince Andrew and Epstein have been linked publicly for a very long time. In fact, Prince at the then Prince Andrew left his trade role back in twenty eleven because he'd been photographed in i think December twenty ten, walking in public in Central Park in New York with Jeffrey Epstein, very shortly after he was released from prison for the first time for those child sex offenses.
Speaker 2: And obviously this was.
Speaker 3: Like a catastrophically stupid thing to do, to be seen in public with somebody with that kind of record as a high profile member of the royal family and clearly being buddy buddy with him. So that was the point at which I think we first get this idea that these two are linked. The photographs come out, This is twenty eleven, this is fifteen years ago now. But now, as I say, we have this latest trunch of emails came out of the past couple of weeks, and we see the correspondence as it happened in real time back then between Epstein and Prince Andrew as he was, and that is where we see. It's the it's the attachments in the emails and the sort of interesting sort of thing from that. These aren't reports that Andrew wrote himself. There were reports about what he was doing. They were written for him by one of his staffers. He would then be emailed the report Prince Andrew, and he would then be forwarding it to Epstein within minutes of it being generated. It was just like a reflexive, instant thing. This is what the emails purport to show. Like I say, none of this has been proven in court, and just you know, a quick note, like an admin note here obviously Prince Andrew for Prince Andrew Andrew Manbatten Windsor is now called, has been arrested in the UK. The police investigation is active, as they say, which means that I am now bound by contempt of court rules. So yeah, I'm limited in what I can what I can say because I don't want to go to jail, because that's the way the law works in the UK.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, put some more.
Speaker 1: I don't think people are completely familiar with that. And that's important to note that it's the now that this is happening. It actually means there's going to be this huge haze around everything because people aren't allowed to say things.
Speaker 4: What are the things? Were? Types of things? Can't you say?
Speaker 3: Well, so stuff that's already in the public domain. I can discuss the fact that things have happened or things are claimed, but I couldn't as I've been I'm sure you've noticed so careful to say. So far, everything is alleged. Everything is claimed. The emails purport to show, because of course it's not been proven in court that these emails are real, that it was the actual Prince Andrew who sent those emails. And that's that's what's going to be coming, I'm sure in the coming weeks and months. So the position where we are now right this instant is that Prince Andrew was arrested. I keep on calling Prince Andrew, but was going to stick with it because it's everybody knows them by that name. It was arrested earlier this morning at his home in Norfolk on the there's a royal estate up there called Sandringham. The British police have twenty four hours to question him. At that point, they've got to make a decision. Are they going to charte or they're going to cut him loose. It's quite possible that he'll be released this evening so he's not forced to sleep overnight in a police cell. But then again, they could keep him until tomorrow morning if they feel like they need to hold him for questioning that long.
Speaker 2: My instinct is that they may not charge now.
Speaker 3: It could be released pending further inquiries. But the important thing for the police and for the investigation now is that they've made the arrest. I believe they have seized Prince Andrew's digital devices, so they're going to be able to pry into these now. Look at that digital paper trail and sort of get the other side because of course we have the server from Epstein which has been released in the US, which is what got all this going. But there's always the other side of what's going on. What else Prince Andrew's discussing at the time, and it's you know, we just don't know what else is going to come out, what's going to come out in court. We've got to wait and see.
Speaker 1: Okay, so do he's one of the guys over and this is what's so important that actually is sort of accues of p to feel you, which is funny because it's not really what it is. He's actually because I know the age consent in the UK is sixteen, and I want to be crystal clear for legal purposes, we're talking about him perhaps praying on some of older miners or do we way we define them as miners in the US. But it's interesting because as we track the Epstein stuff obsessively in America, we are not. We're it's very rare anyone has any is getting accused of being pedophiles. We've been wrapped. We even round up a single pedophile as far as I can tell. As revenue conversation from all the latest drops, which is kind of surprising even to me, who runs skeptical about everything the government releases. But he's one of the guys who actually is a cue of praying on the women, what is what do we know or what is being alleged?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad you brought that up, actually because in terms again going back to what we could talk about and can't talk about something that's been in the air for a very long time, going back to the last day following that those photographs that were taken of Epstein Prince Andrew together in New York in twenty ten, was these allegations by a woman called Virginia Jeffrey that she had been sexually trafficked by Epstein to Prince Andrew, for Prince Andrew to use rape whatever word you want to use for that, and that again has never been proven in court. Now, obviously he hasn't been arrested on anything to do with that. The arrests are over misuse of public office, over the corruption allegations.
Speaker 2: But it's the police.
Speaker 3: Have his computers, can I presume go through his files figure out what exactly been going on. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about when it's like possibly other things will follow. I cannot even begin to imagine or say that they will, but anything is possible at this stage.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the Virginia Jeffrey thing.
Speaker 3: Has been it's been in the air a long time, and there have been claims and claims and nothing has ever been proven. But that we believe is the reason that the King cut Prince Andrew out of the royal family progressively and his mother before him, for that matter, progressively over the past five or so years, to the sort of the final conclusion of that last year where he lost his actual royal title, he ceased to be a prince at all and became plain old Andrew Manbattan windsor sermons of his grandfather's.
Speaker 2: All right, so the royal family Yes.
Speaker 4: No, no, nine, I'm sorry interrupt.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: I think the royal family have been a pretty proactive in this, getting well ahead of it. And I don't think there's any indication that they knew that this specifically was coming. Like I say, they didn't know this rest was coming. I don't think there's any indication that they knew there'd been malpractice in public office before those emails came out. I think that quite possible, was a surprise to everyone. But like I say, there's been these claims, these rumors swelling for a long time. And just to go back to what you were saying about, like the child sex abuse angle in terms of British law, I don't think there's any suggestion that there's been any sex abuse of children, but that the person that allegedly he had sex with had been trafficked for the purpose of So that's the problem now. I think there's also a suggestion that he might have also had sex with this woman in the United States, and it might have been in a state where she wasn't legally of age. It's very borderline stuff. I don't want to like, you know this, it's been proven in court.
Speaker 4: Does this guy do anything good?
Speaker 1: Does he make any meaningful contributions to humanity as far as we can tell.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, like we started out, you know, he was this it was a bona farde war hero once upon a time and did this trade and industry thing. But as it turns out, he may have been using that role to feather the nests of himself and friends, possibly allegedly.
Speaker 2: So some of you win, some of your lose.
Speaker 4: So who could get dragon to this? What are the implications?
Speaker 1: Who are let's talk I want to take on the royal family and then I want to talk about the labor government, any perhaps figures in there who could get wrapped up on this.
Speaker 4: But let's talk about what does it mean for the royal family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do the royal family first. So, like I was just touching on, I think they've been pretty proactive in dealing with this and getting like ahead of what's happening.
Speaker 2: So what has.
Speaker 3: Happened today is thoroughly extraordinary and there is no president for it in modern times. And this is a bit of a gripe of mine because we've had some royal commentators in the UK today saying there is no president for this at all, which is quite obviously patently false.
Speaker 2: We've had a relatively stable run.
Speaker 3: Of decades in the UK with our royal family, especially compared to Europe, where most of their royles have been murdered. But if you look at the longs stretch of history on the British Isles where there have been several royal families, several monarchies, kings having to deal with their troublesome brothers has been the norm, it has not.
Speaker 2: Been the exception.
Speaker 3: And in fact, I was amused to note the police arrested Andrew today, which is bad luck for him because it's his sixty sixth birthday, and I thought, well, yeah, they could have arrested him yesterday or tomorrow, to not arrested on his birthday.
Speaker 2: Not but of course justice works that way.
Speaker 3: But there's an even crazier anniversary yesterday, which is that in fourteen seventy eight, the Duke of Clarence was.
Speaker 2: Executed. This is the brother of the king.
Speaker 3: So in terms of inauspicious dates, I think arresting the Prince yesterday would have been even worse. Anyway, I'm getting lost down a one way track here. The point is, how does this touch the Royal family? This is extraordinary, This is without president in modern times. But I'm not feeling like there's this sense of like genuine crisis surrounding the Royal family because they air gapped themselves from Prince Andrew last year, and so this guys no longer a royal prince. This guy is no longer working with the firm. We've ostracized him. I think they've been seen to have done the right thing. Now, who knows what follows. Like I say, the police are going to be doing their investigation. Charges may follow, and it may get worse from here, but right now it doesn't seem that bad for the Royals.
Speaker 2: In terms of politics.
Speaker 3: If I were Peter Mandelson, I would probably be pretty well panicking right now. Peter Mandlson, of course, the former ambassador from the United Kingdom to the United States, a former European Commissioner, a very big, very influential figure in the Labor Party. This guy has been running the Labor Party from the shadows on and off basically as long as I've been alive. A very powerful and consequential person who also has been revealed to have and again allegedly in the emails in the Epstein emails release over the past few weeks, allegedly revealed to have been sending confidential information to friend Jeff Free to get him give him that. Yea, that scoop on what's happening in the world, what the British government's going to be doing tomorrow, which is a great way to make money if you know that.
Speaker 1: All right, So, people who listen to my show. Please, Yeah, yeah, people listen my show or no. Peter Mandelsson's name. I've brought him up a number of times. All right, So Peter Mandelson, British strategist, Labor Party stalwart for a very long time. He is someone who's been wrapped up in this, and he's someone who you know for decades has just been a stalwart in British politics. Remind people of his background. And he had a close friendship with Epstein that I think we've known about, but it continued even well after his conviction. He's wrapped up in this as well.
Speaker 4: Give me his role. Break that down.
Speaker 1: If a red light therapy device is cheap, there's a reason, and it's not a good one. Most red light devices on the market are built to hit a low price point, not to deliver real results.
Speaker 4: They use weaker.
Speaker 1: Components, inconsistent light output, and non medical grade standards. That's so many of them feel underwhelming or stop working altogether. Flashy ads and big promises can't make up for poor performance. The super Palm is medical grade built for consistent, deep penetrating light that professionals trust. That means stronger results, better reliability, and real relief. You can feel, not guesswork. It's also easy to use handheld and comfortable, making it simple to add your daily routine as I have. I try cheaper devices made in China and didn't feel anything with the super Palm. The pain in my knee and back finally eased after just a few weeks.
Speaker 4: It's the first one that actually worked.
Speaker 1: SunPower led backs it with a money back guarantee and a two year warranty, something most competitors just can't offer. And it's made in America. Use code Marlowe for ten percent off today. Stop settling for low quality devices and upgrade to real medical grade relief.
Speaker 3: So Mandelson is like one of these grand old men of the Labor Party. He created New Labor basically one of the very key figures in that back in the nineteen nineties, which pulled Labor away from its working class roots, reinvented it as a metropolitan elite party, something for university educated people rather than people who you know, work for a living.
Speaker 2: But frankly, and it.
Speaker 3: Was through that mechanism that he created that Labour won that enormous election victory in ninety seven and carried on all the way through to twenty ten, huge run of power for them and very unusual for Labor which don't normally do that well of elections in this country. So a very consequential, a very important person. And just like again we allegedly believe Prince Andrew, he had this friendship with Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 2: It was drawn to this.
Speaker 3: Year, this powerful man, and that meant that he was still in contact with him after Epstein's release from prison for the first time for.
Speaker 2: Child sex abuse crimes or whatever it was.
Speaker 3: So we have that same very similar sort of story allegedly where after Epstein's release from prison, Mandelsson is emailing him saying I much you're looking forward to seeing him meeting up And again it's something that we've known about for a long time.
Speaker 2: And this is the big scandal that's hit the British.
Speaker 3: Government over the past couple of weeks, which is that they had no excuse whatsoever to say when we appoint reappointed Mandelsson to this big job for him being the ambassador to the US, one of the most consequential diplomatic postings. And by the way, also because he's this incredibly important person inside the Labor Party, he was helping Starmer run the government allegedly during this time while he was ambassador. They knew beforehand because everybody knew it was in the newspapers. It was a single Google search away that he had this close relationship with Jeffrey Epstein. And then when all these latest emails came out, it made everybody look at it again and go, yeah, why is this guy? Why is this guy so powerful in the Labor Party? Why do you keep on letting him get away with this? So in terms of like people who should be watching their backs at this stage, you have Beata Mandleton, because the police began their investigation into Mandelssohn and Prince Andrew at about the same time, within.
Speaker 2: A few hours of each other.
Speaker 3: So if assuming any of this is true, assuming the police have been looking at this evidence and making their decisions, could we assume that Mandleson will getting a knock on the door shortly. I think it's possible he certainly the police have certainly already raided his house, taken away cartons of documents, they have been considering those. And then you have the political implications for the broader Labor Party and the new attack line just today from Nigel Farage as he's launched a new whole new website, and I think that the uilist thing like labour has a problem dot org and you.
Speaker 2: Go through to that.
Speaker 3: The new tagline that Farage is pushing is that labor has a pedophile problem. And this is not just with the Mandelson issue and his closeness to Jeffrey Epstein, although to be perfectly clear, at this stage there's no suggestion that Mandelson was involved in the sexual side of things. It was a purely business and social relation as far as we know, so the claims go. But there's layer upon within labor of very senior labor people who are alleged to have been close to child sex offenders, have defended.
Speaker 2: Child sex offenders.
Speaker 3: And then you have like the broader problem that's facing the UK that you know, you and I Alex have been talking about for as long as we've known each other, which is that in labor controlled areas of the UK, these former mining towns that are stray trinally labor where they've had a great deal of mass migration, where young children have been gone through war crime level horrors at the hands of what they call predominantly Pakistani rape gangs and Labor appears to have covered that up in these areas. So this is what reformers saying. Now Labor has a creedophile problem.
Speaker 1: So but is it a pedophile problem or is it a doing business with a bad guy problem? And this is the whole trick with the Epstein staff where people who are not obsessed with it can get lost. Is that because we're not really arresting any pedophiles. It seems like, so what are the business connections that these guys could have with Epstein that are illegal? We know Epstein was a bad guy, an evil guy, even but I just don't It's very hard to say what are.
Speaker 4: The takeaways that we know to this point of or are there any.
Speaker 3: Well not yes, because as I say so little has been proven. But in terms of the broader situation we're in, like I say, this is a moment of political peril in the UK for the broader political ecosystem around Peter Mandelsson.
Speaker 2: This is a moment of perl for the royal family.
Speaker 3: Although as I say, they haven't made the same mistakes say that Labor have, because even while people knew that Peter Mandelson had been friends with Epstein, even after it became publicly inappropriate do so Labour still stuck with him and made him important and kept him at the top and gave him a top job. When it became apparent that Prince Andrew had continued to be friends with Jeffrey Epstein after it had been appropriate to do so, the Royal family cut him loose and said, you know you're a danger, off you go. So I think that the political danger is to Labor is greater than it is to the royal family. But you talk about the business relationship, Like, because both of these, as far as we know from the evidence we've seen the alleged evidence, it appears to be more about money than it does about sex, although there does appear to be a sexual element in the Prince Andrew one as well. And like, what's the what's the reciprocal relationship here? Like what are these guys getting out of it? Because we can see what Epstein's getting out of it, which is he's getting this privileged allegedly getting this privileged confidential information from very highly placed, knowledgeable people in the UK. What are they then getting in response? Well, in some in some cases it's money. Allegedly with Peter Mandelson, the claims from the emails are that he and his husband that is in a same sex marriage, he and his husband received for the UK considerable amounts of money. I mean it's tens of thousands of dollars, which to an American I think would probably make you laugh. British politics is so cheap. People have really bought very cheaply. Indeeds, there's so little money in British politics. You know, the price of entry for corruption is very low, alleged corruption, I should say, so, there's definitely a money element there for Prince Andrew. I think again it's shocking to think because the Royal family is fabulously wealthy, but he's clearly a man who's always been unlucky with money. I don't particularly want to talk about his wife, Fergie, because it's just not something I've delved into very deeply, and she's not a character I find particularly interesting or engaging when we put it that way. But she is somebody who has always had money troubles and my belief is that she has received money from Epstein in the past as well to help clear debts. So you know, that's the way the relationship goes. You know, information flows one way. And money or the other.
Speaker 1: So let's use this as an opportunity to talk about Nigel Farage you mentioned is seizing on the moment politically as he should.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: Reading the headlines from across the pond, Oliver, it does look like there is a chance that Nigel Farage could complete his revolution of his now Reform Party, but really the original Brexit movement just fighting the globalist and the establishment in the UK. It does seem like it's not that he is particularly strong right now, which he is. He does seem particularly strong, but it seems like there's so much weakness in the establishment parties now that this really could be a moment where he could a catabult himself for all the way the prime ministership is that possible handicap things?
Speaker 4: Where are we now?
Speaker 3: Okay, so first of all, let's let's give the big question out of the way.
Speaker 2: Is it possible?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I have always been a real realist on this stuff, and I think you and I have had this conversation before about people saying Nigel Faraj is going to be the next Prime Minister of.
Speaker 2: The UK, and I've always said, no, he's not. I love Nigel.
Speaker 3: I think he's a very highly intelligent, skilled person, but that's not the way the British constitution works, and it's still the case now. Nigel is riding high in the polls and the most likely thing is he is not the next primis for the UK.
Speaker 2: My hope is that he's the.
Speaker 3: Next prime minister, but one because we have a parliamentary system.
Speaker 2: When Starmer falls, which he inevitably.
Speaker 3: Will be it over this this Epstein Peter Mandelson thing, or over one of the thousands of other things about which he is completely politically clueless, ruddleus and incapable, something will get him sooner or later, and probably early this year, I should think. Just because he falls, there isn't then a snap election in the UK. The Labor Party, which commands Parliament will select from inside their group a new leader.
Speaker 2: They will become the Prime Minister.
Speaker 3: That person will then have the thankless task of trying to lead this ungovernable country according to their own whims, until it's time for an election, and that maybe sooner or rather than later. Of course, according to British law our constitution, the next election has to happen by twenty twenty nine, and all things told, that's probably the most likely time there will be an election. But Forarag has this theory that labor is running our economy so badly, it's running the country into the ground so shamelessly that there will be a mother of all financial crises and it will be so bad it will force the government, the government itself to collapse and Parliament will be dissolved and they'll have to be fresh elections, which he then presumably would win.
Speaker 2: That's his vision, and.
Speaker 3: He's saying there's a slight chance there'll be an election as early as twenty twenty seven, so putting his money where his mouth is. Farage has said that he's going to put his party, Reform UK, on a war footing. They're selecting their election candidates so if there is a snap election, they're ready to go, because that's what got them last time. Richie Sudak, former Prime minister, called an early election which surprised people. Reforms simply wasn't ready. They were campaigning from a standing start, which really harmed them. And he doesn't want to be caught flat footed twice.
Speaker 4: Okay, so two big quo takeaways from this.
Speaker 1: What do you think is the appropriate move for Reform Party Nigel to capitalize on the Moment's number one in what do you think is the best move from the labor government to try to defend themselves.
Speaker 3: I like a bit of steel manning. That'll be fun. So for Forage, what he needs to do is keep.
Speaker 2: Doing what he's doing now.
Speaker 3: And it's an interesting position he's in now because I think Forage has become.
Speaker 2: Sufficiently baked into the equation.
Speaker 3: He's definitely part of the political furniture now and I think people are already accepting that he's going to be the future government.
Speaker 2: And because of.
Speaker 3: That and the speed with which the Overton window is shifting around him, I think it's instructive to note there is now a like as Forage had long been the devil sitting on the shoulder with the Conservative Party going you can't do that, that's not right wing enough, like come please get Brittin out to the European Union, please do something about mass migration.
Speaker 2: And that was kind of his role for a long time.
Speaker 3: And as he becomes the main stream, like Farrage has always called himself center right, like a centrist. He's never thought of himself as extreme, and he's always aligned himself with the basically the British people, which is actually the things that I say most British people agree with. It's just the political hacks, the Westminster people who say that I'm really on the right, actually that this is the center.
Speaker 2: You just can't see it.
Speaker 3: So the fact that I think that this is now being so baked and is fascinating because there's now a right wing party to the right of Frage that's launched this week called True Restore, led by a Chapman called Rupert Low. So the fact that then there's somebody now pulling Nigel Farage to the right, possibly because they're now sitting on his shoulder and going you're not being strive enough, or mass migration, like we really do have to deport people who shouldn't be here. I find that fascinating. My message to Frag is keep through to the message, keep doing what you're doing, because by not being a creature of the swamp, by not being part of the Westminster establishment, that's your best hope of getting in. Because everybody is sick to death of the two party consensus that we've had in this country for a century now. It has not worked and the country is suffering terribly for it. Now, let's think about what labor can do. And I've been turning this over in the back of my head while I've been talking about Farage, and they're in a bit of a sticky wicket because they are in the same position the Conservatives were a couple of years ago, which is that everybody knows that they are venal and corrupt and inefficient and low iq and ineffective. And the best thing that they should do is apologize to the country, resign their seats from Westminster and never darken the doors of politics again. Is exactly what the Conservative should have done. And in fairness, some of them are getting there. They've kind of figured out that they were the problem and labor is the problem. But what can they do to save themselves? They can save their souls by resigning. Let me put it that way, go to church.
Speaker 4: What do you last one? And this is just sort of a general one.
Speaker 1: What is it with the UK your culture of just resigning whenever you've won defeat. I mean it's always striking to be a very watcher, you know UK television and stuff like that. It's we's you know, someone's resigning, Like why you said this?
Speaker 4: Great victory three weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we lost this latest foot and so I have to quit politics for life. It feels like we don't have any sort of there's a deep sense of pride and de quorum to have that sort of culture and it's really endured.
Speaker 2: Well. So that's an interesting point.
Speaker 3: So that one of the big discussions we're having in the UK at the moment, which is one of those things I think ordinary people would have been thinking about for like a century, but it's just being permitted to be talked about in public now, which is what is a British person who is British? And the government position on this is that whether you're British or not is a purely cultural question. If you can sort of do this tickbox of like, you know, you speak English and you drink tea and you believe in diversity and all that sort of thing, like for the government, that's good enough. And actually there is a even assuming you went with this culturist idea of what it means to belong to Britain, there is actually a real, like not made up in Westminster in a focus group, there is a real, long standing, persistent British culture which you have just identified a part of there, which is that it prizes very highly humility and the ability to fall on one sword or to withdraw to the drawing room with a glass of whiskey and a revolver when things have gone just a tiny bit wrong, and to own up and to resign. And it's something that I think we do in our heart of hearts, really truly admire, which is somebody who's not a grifter, not in politics for life, and can go back to the farm if they've made a small state, and long may it be the case. I thoroughly support it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Amen, we could use a lot more of that here in the United States. All right, Oliver, incredible information, and thank you so much. You do an amazing job on all subjects.
Speaker 4: But it was really nice to get your take on these two in particular.
Speaker 1: And we'll talk to you next time thanks to Mistin and I'll be in the audience see us say