Speaker 1: My name is Charlie kirk I run the largest pro American student organization in the country, fighting for the future of our republic. My call is to fight evil and to proclaim truth. If the most important thing for you is just feeling good, you're gonna end up miserable. But if the most important thing is doing good, you'll end up purposeful. College is a scam, everybody. You got to stop sending your kids to college. You should get married as young as possible and have as many kids as possible. Go start at turning point you would say college chapter. Go start atturning point youould say high school chapter. Go find out how your church can get involved.
Speaker 2: Sign up and become an activist.
Speaker 1: I gave my life to the Lord in fifth grade, most important decision I ever made in my life, and I encourage you to do the same.
Speaker 2: Here I am.
Speaker 3: Lord, Use me.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, everybody, Here we go. Noble Gold Investments is the official gold sponsor of the Charlie Kirkshaw, a company that specializes in gold I rays and physical delivery of precious metals. Learn how you could protect your wealth with Noble Gold Investments at noblegold investments dot Com. That is Noblegoldinvestments dot Com.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome to the Charlie Kirk Show here at the YREFI Studios in Phoenix, Arizona. Welcome Blake. So there's lots going on this morning. We're gonna hit the de Carlos Brown story, the Aruna Zarutzka killer in just the second. But we're gonna give you a quick update on the status of the fragile ceasefire.
Speaker 4: We knew it was fragile. Has anything updated since yesterday?
Speaker 2: Well, Vice President Advance is out front and he I mean, you rarely see him this frustrated. Now we know why I think this is interesting is because Vice President Vance. We know from that blockbuster expose by Swan and Maggie Haberman that Vice President Advance was very against going into war. He was very vocal about it internally. We've known this from reporting that he was against going into Iran. I think he's now going to be having a very prominent position in the negotiations in Islamabad this Friday, Saturday, over the weekend, so he's being asked about different aspects of this and that The clips are I think very telling, very important to give us framework through which to process everything that's going on, and one of the main keys is what's happening in Lebanon, what's happening in the straight horror moves. Those seem to actually be the two keys. I'll say, let's go ahead and start sought one.
Speaker 5: I think the Iranians thought that the ceasefire included Lebanon, and it just didn't. We never made that promise, We never indicated that was going.
Speaker 2: To be the case.
Speaker 5: What we said is that the ceasefire would be focused on Iran, and the ceasefire would be focused on America's allies, both Israel and the golf are of states.
Speaker 4: This Get says something unusual, which is a lot of ceasefires really traditionally would be written and you would have a clear provisions on what it covers. It seems this one was more ad hoc, maybe more.
Speaker 2: Of a ninety minutes before the.
Speaker 4: Ninety minutes before verbal deal, handshake, deal, what have you, that is away. President Trump often likes to do things. But you do see where there can be issues there because you come out of the deal and then everyone is immediately arguing about what deal was actually made.
Speaker 2: Well, and to be fair, I mean Hesbela is supposed to be a separate entity, but this sort of exposes that they are a proxy for the Irano regime. Okay, so then the issue of the ten point plan so getting more and more clarity. We saw this from Caroline Levitt yesterday during the press conference that this was the previously reported on ten point plan is not the one that they're talking about. I'm hearing people call bs on this a little bit that this is a matter of semantics, but the other people are pushing back in the Admin saying that the ten point plan that was agreed to as a basis upon which to start negotiations was significant different than the ten point plan previously reported on. Vice President Vance goes pretty hardcore on this point as well. ST Two, there are.
Speaker 5: Three different ten point proposals, at least that I've seen floating around. The first ten point proposal was something that was submitted and we think, frankly was probably written by chat GPT, that was submitted to Steve Wickcoff and Jared Kushner that immediately went in the garbage and was rejected.
Speaker 2: There was a second.
Speaker 5: Ten point proposal that was much more reasonable, that was based on some back and forth between us between.
Speaker 2: The Pakastandi's and fans.
Speaker 5: That is the ten point proposal that the President was referencing in his truth yesterday. And then, frankly, I've seen a third ten point proposal that's even more maximalist than the first ten point proposal that's been floating around various social media channels.
Speaker 2: Yep, and there seems to be a particular ire that the White House is pointing and directing to CNN, New York Times. JD Vance continues on this theme. St.
Speaker 5: Seven is that I've seen various organs, The New York Times, CNN, others pick up and run the original ten point proposal based on little more than a random Yahoo and Iran submitting it to public access television in the country of Iran, and then them saying that somehow represents the negotiating position of the government.
Speaker 2: It's the equivalent of somebody in let's.
Speaker 5: Say, a Democratic councilman in Boise, Idaho, saying something crazy, the local public access TV picking up that crazy statement, and then the New York Times running that as the position of the President of the United States.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make an ounce of sense.
Speaker 2: So where does that leave us? I think it leaves us in a position where the strait is currently not operating. Still, the Straighthorn Moose is not closed. And as we remember, as you might recalls, yes it is closed. Uh, as you might recall, we have President Trump's expletive laced true Social saying open the lace.
Speaker 4: It was just one.
Speaker 2: It's just a yeah, we effing straight opened the straight. And so that is not open yet. And that was a key, I guess, pillar of establishing this two week ceasefire. So it's unclear what's gonna happen. It seems that momentum is racing towards Islamabad on Sunday, Friday, and Saturday this weekend. President Trump has indicated that Jade Van, Steve Witkoff, Chared Kushner gonna be leading those negotiations, and it seems to be that the calculation is even though the strait has not been opened back up, you see a little bit of saber rattling on truth Social from the President saying we're armed and ready. Everybody's getting ready to go if we have to, but they want to see if this peace proposal can play itself out and actually net some good results for the country. So it looks like we're sort of ignoring the straight for the time being, at least for the next two days, it appears, until a piece negotiation is able to play itself out. So we're gonna see what happens. But fragile piece to say the least, and I it does not seem that the Irani regime is buckling necessarily, They're well defiant.
Speaker 4: The reason we got here is we attempted to do regime change and it didn't succeed. Let's be frank, and.
Speaker 2: We turned over the top of the Irani regime. But yeah, the ier GC, the regime is still in power, still entrenched in that country, still running things. It's very clear. So we're going to see how this plays out. This is the Trump truths is all US ships, aircraft, and military personnel with additional ammunition, weaponry, and anything else that is appropriate and necessary for the lethal prosecution and destruction of an already substantially degraded enemy will remain in place in and around Iran until such time as the real agreement all caps noted reached is fully complied with. If for any reason it is not, which is highly unlikely, then the shooting starts bigger and better and stronger than and.
Speaker 4: The last time the shooting starts was Floyda Palooza. Remember he said the looting starts, the shooting starts.
Speaker 2: Oh is that right?
Speaker 4: Yes, he did that.
Speaker 2: It's a phrase, it's a good recall. It was agreed a long time ago. And despite all the fake rhetoric to the contrary, no nuclear weapons and the strait of horn Moose will be open and safe. In the meantime, our great military is loading up and resting, looking forward actually to its next conquest. Conquest is quite the word there. I'm not sure what if he's referencing Cuba or some other situation or around itself. So lots of moving pieces. As they say, it's a complex situation. Here's where I'm at. I agree actually in letting the piece talks go forward. I think we need to declare victory, get out. Even if it's a fragile piece. That's fine. In the first moments of this ceasefire, it's always a fragile piece. So let's move forward, put our good faith effort forward and see if we can get in and get out, and let's focus on nation building back here at home. So even if it's not perfect, as long as you get the nukes. You can declare victory. You can say, hey, we came, we saw we took care of their military industrial base, took care of their missiles, took care of all that, and we got the nukes. Yeah. It's not perfect. Yeah, there's there's some questions about the strait. But America, I'm telling you the the we need to focus back on domestics if we're going to have any hope in the midterms and in twenty twenty eight, which we do. We do have hope, so we got to focus on the positive there. All right, we have to get to this story because it's going massively viral, first of all, but it's infuriating and that's why it's going viral. And that, of course is the story of de Carlos Brown Junior, who is the crazed madman who butchered Arena Zerutzka last summer on a train. And of course everybody's seen the videos of Arena Zerutzka was a Ukrainian refugee from the war who moved to North Carolina. She's on her way, I think, to her job. Are coming home from her job at a pizza parlor and Carlos Brown gets up out of his seat, takes out a knife and butchers her, and it's just the most heart wrenching video you have ever seen. I think it shocked the nation, It shocked our conscience just to see this brutal slang in public for no reason at all other than the fact that this man had been left out onto the streets after multiple multiple violent criminals.
Speaker 4: Fourteen fourteen prior crimes. So yeah, and then what the specific update going on here is this? This broke yesterday. It's been unfolding for a little while. It looks like the New York Post reports that they had while this guy's in the hospital, they did in a competency assessment, and apparently the hospital officials there, the doctors found that he is not competent to stand trial. Now, we should clarify that's not the same thing as an insanity plea. This is that if you're going to be placed on a criminal trial, you do have to be aware of what is going on. You can't put someone, for example, who's in a coma on trial. You can't put someone who, for example, you have bad Alzheimer's. You can't really go on trial if you have to have too much dementsia to go. So that's what they're apparently finding here. This guy is not aware enough, not competent enough to go on trial. Now, there has not been a judicial ruling on this yet, and this is actually where we're getting helped out because of the twenty twenty four election, because of who we have in office right now. The federal government did also federally charge to Carlos with murder and they've already put out a statement pointing out they are not subject to whatever North Carolina is doing here and they're ready to proceed with their case. So so far there has not been a judicial ruling that he's incompetent because he's actually not in state custody, so small mercies.
Speaker 2: Well, Brown's lawyers are now asking the court to push back a scheduled April thirtieth hearing for another six months, a significant delay. I don't know what it is about these defense attorneys, but they tend to ask for six month delays in trials. We're seeing that in the Charliegue, We're seeing all over and Robinson.
Speaker 4: It's a thing that does genuinely cry out for reform, because this is what frustrates America's so much. There is that line. Justice delayed is justice denied, and it gets at a truth, which is when people can't see the process playing out in a brisk way before them, they lose trust in the system and it increases the amount of ways that bad stuff can come in. So with these competency hearings, for example, I had Danny check the number of competency assessments that are conducted by courts has basically doubled since the early nineties. There are about one hundred and twenty thousand per year now. And it's not that we specifically want to put people who have dementia or whatever on trial. It's that this has become just a toolkit, a tool in the big toolkit to keep these people from being accountable. So when you have these guys who are extremely unwell and just constantly attacking people, well, this time, oh he's not competent to stand trial. We had to drop the charges. And you know, don't have that many seats in these mental asylums, so let them go again, or we let them do insanity please, And then we say they've been rehabilitated enough and they're let go again. We see that happen, just endless excuses endless means for people who fundamentally they just hate civilization. They like criminals, and they want criminals back on the street.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and if you're noticing a theme, there's another story that is grabbing headlines, and that's out of Fort Myers, Florida. There was a bludgeoning murder that was caught on surveillance footage and it is excruciating to watch. I believe we have a censored version of this video, but it was a Haitian illegal who was caught and released at the border by the Biden admin in twenty twenty two two. An immigration judge ordered Robert Joachim deported from the US later that same year, but DHS, under the leadership of Alejandro Majorkis and Joe Biden, has shielded him from deportation by granting him temporary protected status, which expired in twenty four same thing.
Speaker 4: There's actually a perfect overlap here with what we said. These competency hearings are away for criminals to escape justice. Temporary protected status created by Congress in its wisdom decades ago for situations like, oh, well, you don't deport someone if they're flying into the middle of a hurricane or something, and now it's Haites had temporary protected status for the people who come here illegally from there for literally over a decade at this point. I think they brought it when they had that earthquake in twenty ten. It's not temporary, it's just a tool because there are people who want everyone in the world to be able to come to America, and they want to make it so even murderers like this guy are able to stay here. They are fun unda mentally. That's the footage of what happened there. Just an animal. This person should be put down, But we're going to end up spending tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of dollars so this guy can get a free criminal justice defense. He might not even get life in prison, and he might not even get deported if they fail to give him life in prison and then they let him out afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, it's just an absolute brutal killing. If you could play that again and again it's censored, please forgive us. But he walks right up to this, he was I don't think we gas station clerk or whatever.
Speaker 4: He was smashing up a car and she comes back, comes.
Speaker 2: Out to confront him. He walks right at her and with full strength, he bludgeons her in the head with the hammer. She falls down, obviously unconscious, and then he strikes her six more times, six more times to the head. He's now in local custody and ICE's place to a detainer on him. They have issued a statement said this illegal alien barbarically hit this woman in the head multiple times with the hammer. This heinous murder was really the murderer was released into the country by the Bid administration.
Speaker 4: This is a choice. This is a choice within living memory. This country was capable of having that person executed within two months. This is a choice to not have that happen.
Speaker 2: It's also a reminder that, as frustrated as you might be, we can't let what happened those last four years happen again. I just watched a great Awakening, and I have to tell you this isn't just another historical drama. It's a wake up call that you all need to pay attention to. We spend so much time talking about seventeen seventy six and constitutions and congresses and declarations, but this film reminds you of something even deeper. Before the revolution there was revelation. George Whitfield wasn't a politician, he was a preacher. And yet watching this film, you see how his fearless proclamation of liberty in Christ shook the colonies to their core. It unified people who had nothing else uniting him, and that is power. Really struck me was the portrayal of Benjamin Franklin. He's this brilliant rational mind, and yet he's drawn into genuine friendship with Whitfield, not because he suddenly becomes someone else, but because he begins to see freedom isn't structural, it's spiritual. The film makes one thing clear, you cannot sustain political liberty without moral and spiritual awakening. In theaters April third, Visit a Great Awakening dot com to learn more Today a Great Awakening dot Com to learn more Today, Congressman Brandon Gill from the great State of Texas joins us. Now, welcome back to Congressman.
Speaker 6: And thanks for having me. It's always good to be here.
Speaker 2: Well, it's great to have you. You have been out front. You have been sparring with Congresswoman Salasar out of Miami about the dignity DoD Act.
Speaker 4: Gotta say it right every time trying to run this Dignity Act scale us. You should, Brandon, I am told that you need to read the bill before you open your mouth, before you call it amnesty.
Speaker 2: I saw a tweet of something to that effect. Is this an amnesty bill or is it not? Are you being hyperbolic?
Speaker 6: No, this is an amnesty bill, plain and simple. Just ask yourself, what does the bill do? The day of this bill? If this bill is enacted. The day it's enacted, what happens twelve million roughly twelve million illegal aliens who are in the country are given legal status. If that's not amnesty, I don't know what is. And you can use whatever kind of you know, vague generalizations or semantic obfuscation you want. That's but that's amnesty. And that's exactly what the American people do not want. That's why they gave Republicans a trifecta. It's why President Trump got the popular vote last election for so for us to do this, which we're not, by the way, I'm going to make sure that we don't, but for if we went down this road, it would constitute the biggest political betrayal of the American people in history. I think it would rip apart the Republican Party, and candidly that we would deserve to see our party ripped apart if we went forward with this bill.
Speaker 2: You know what's so frustrating as well, Brandon, is it's like, okay, we've got this, you know, conflict in Iran that's happening. Our eyes are directed over there as we're trying to get a ceasefire. I think everybody wants us to focus back domestically, we take our eye off the ball for one second, one second, instead of passing to Save America Act, instead of getting any of this these reforms done domestically, a bunch of Rhinos go and you know, link arms with a bunch of Democrats and try and shove amnesty down our throats. And I'm gonna have a guest next hour that's gonna talk about some of this. So what's going on behind the scenes? Who's pushing this? But there's big ag, there's big hospitality. It's like all the usual players trying to push this through. And you got to ask yourself, like, why don't we get what we want? Instead they're trying to give us stuff we didn't want, we didn't ask for, we didn't vote for Why is it so powerful? Why are these lobbies so powerful to push this unpopular garbage down our throats where we're thinking about Iran?
Speaker 6: Well that's the question. And you know what's really insane about this, I think is you know, if you go back to twenty fifteen, President Trump comes on the scene, you know, he starts talking about we ought to build a wall, and so many people in the political establishment, all on the left and some on the right, said that he was a racist and that's not the America I love, and completely denounced him. But the American people heard that message and it entirely resonated with them. They said, you know what I actually do want politicians in Washington who were going to stand up for us, who are going to secure the border and to port illegal alien so that I can have my country back. And now, you know, that was over ten years ago. We ought to listen to that. Whenever voters give us a mandate, we ought to actually follow through and do what we said we were going to do on the campaign trail. But of course, these these big agribusiness or other lobbyists don't like that, and it's really simple. They obviously they want cheap labor. They want amnesty, They want illegal aliens in the country because for them, that's that's bigger profit margins. Whenever you suppress American wages or whenever you're able to replace more expensive American workers with cheaper illegal aliens or other foreigners, that increases their profit margins. I mean, it's really really simple for them. But the you know, going back to the Dignity Act here, you know, it's not just that the twelve million illegal aliens who are given amnesty immediately. This act would allow illegal aliens who have previously been deported to be brought back into the country and be given legal status. It on top of that, it effectively stops the president from deporting anybody out of the country because whenever an illegal alien is apprehended, all they have to do is say I've been in the US for longer than five years. Boom, they can't be afforded for at least two years. I mean, this is this is a mass migration bill. It is exactly what the American people rejected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bingo, I think that's I mean, this is the same point Charlie made when we caught wind of this last year, is that you basically, I mean the record keeping garbage right on. When some of these people came over, all they have to do is say, oh, I actually came, you know, before a certain date, and we can't prove it, and then they get rubber stamped amnesty, and so I think it's garbage. I want to play a clip for you and get your reaction. This was actually last night. Lor Ingram, I think, did a phenomenal job cross examining Mike Lawler from New York. He's a Republican. You know they are friends. Lor Ingram and Mike Lawler are friends. I think that's noteworthy because she didn't hold back even though they're friends. Okay, let's play Sop. Thirteen.
Speaker 7: I don't know what shadows you're looking at, but they're not in the shadows.
Speaker 3: They're working in restaurants. Some are others.
Speaker 7: Are fraud in California. But this idea, and that's why this thing given amnesty.
Speaker 3: They're not already given amnesty. Why do you come on television and.
Speaker 8: Say that criminal aliens one should be removed from this country period, and the bill provides for that. I don't want anyone getting a waiver. I don't want anyone getting a free passion the legislation. If you have committed a legislation, a simple.
Speaker 7: Question, please tell my audience, how does an immigration officer determine continuous presence?
Speaker 8: If they cannot prove continuous presence, they wouldn't qualify for this.
Speaker 7: And I can't imagine Democrat immigration officers under a Democrat president in the future was going to hold the strict you know, we're not going to let any criminals in.
Speaker 2: Man. She she went for it.
Speaker 4: Even with the continuous presence. I believe there's parts of this bill that literally will allow people who are previously deported to return.
Speaker 2: Correct. Yeah, exactly, Yeah, you react to that clip.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know that. Mike Lawler is a friend of mine. So is Maria Salazar. By the way, they're friends and their colleagues. They're just wrong on this and they're you know, and I'm glad to see that the reality of this bill is being made more and more clear to the American people because you hear language, hear people saying things like the current state of affairs is amnesty because these people are living in the shadows and nothing is happening. That is just blatantly not true. The current state of affairs is that if you're an illegal alien in the United States, you are subject to deportation, and if you're caught, you're going to be deported out of the country. What this bill does is stops those deportations from happening. So this is by any standard in amnesty. But we have to be straightforward about this, have to be straightforward about the fact that this bill does not have any serious vetting requirements. This bill does not ensure that criminal illegal aliens are taken out of the country, or that we can actually ensure the people who are given amnesty should be in our country. There's no practical way to that twelve million people in a short period of time. So none of that stuff is true. But we know that on the surface that anything that is amnesty, we ought to stay away from it. It's you know, at the end of the day, it's really that simple.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to give you an example of why some of this. Anytime we give an inch that are going to take a mile and it's going to screw us up. And so here's a Salvadorian MS thirteen terrorist and he's an international fugitive. This is according to the US Customs, Immigration and Customs Enforcement Danny Granados Garcia. He's wanted in his home country for murdering a pastor allegedly. This guy is an example of we wouldn't deport him because he doesn't have a rap sheet in this country. We don't know when he necessarily got here, but he's wanted for murder in his home country. Right, So this is the semantics anytime you give these little carve outs that what are we supposed to do with this? No, you got to give Ice and Customs and Border Patrol full leeway to get them all out. You're all on the board. If you are an illegal here, we're gonna get you out. This guy's a murderer in his home country, but he hasn't committed a crime here. And this is the types of people that they want us to just ignore out of some misplaced sense of compassion. Meanwhile, you know, excuse me. Meanwhile, we're seeing Haitians in Florida, you know, just bludgeon gas station clerks. This is none of this should be happening if we had the will to do it. And Randon, Congressman, I think you are one of the few that has just the sane, consistent drumbeat voice on this stuff, and it's so important that you're out front doing this. So final forty five seconds to you on this issue.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that there's nothing compassionate about open borders, and there's nothing dignified about giving illegal aliens amnesty. The people whose dignity we should be concerned about are the American citizens whose jobs are being take and whose wages are being suppressed, whose communities are being transformed, whose children schools are now flooded with fentanyl, who are trying to take their kids to soccer practice, and are seeing illegal aliens driving eighteen wheelers on their streets that are now more dangerous. Those are the people that we should be looking out for. Those are people, by the way, that we as elected representatives, whose interests we actually represent, not illegal aliens. There's nothing compassionate about open borders, there's nothing compassionate about amnesty, and we ought to return to first principles about who we represent, and that's the American citizen.
Speaker 2: It's not no. Not only is it not compassionate, it's cruelty to Americans. Yep, Congressmen, well done on this. Keep charging you know. I don't want to cause you any problems, but I could see a Senate run in your future one day. I don't want to cause any I know it gets very territoriled down there. I'm just saying, you know I would be let's.
Speaker 6: Kill this amnesty bill before we think about it.
Speaker 2: All right, I don't cause you problems, brother, all right? Brandon gil from Texas's twenty six congressional district. Thank you, sir, keep up the good work.
Speaker 6: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: The war in Iran is having a devastating effect on the people living there locally. What most people don't realize is it's affecting everyone on the global scale as well, even if we aren't there physically. Every time a missile is launched or bomb goes off, tiny microplastic particles are being spread into our atmosphere, leaching into our soil and water. And guess what They eventually end up in our body, causing harm. They cross the gut lining leach into your blood and disrupt everything. They've been shown to alter gut bacterias, suppress your immune response, and increase your risk for heart attack, stroke, cognitive diseases, and cancer. There's now a plastic spoons worth of microplastics in the average human brain, but your gut can help fight back. Kimchi one from bright Core Nutrition is a potent ally in this toxic world, with over nine hundred probiotic strains unique to kimchi and proven to bind in excreet microplastics, helping you detox from the inside out. Your body was never designed to handle plastic, but your gut was designed to protect you. You must give it the right tools. Today. You can get an exclusive offer by visiting brightcore dot com slash Charlie, or for an even better deal, call bright Core for up to fifty percent off your order and free shipping. Give them a call now at eight eight eight three one seven nine two five eight. So if you call them, you get an even better deal. So again, that's eight eight eight three one seven nine two five eight. Or you can visit them and get twenty five percent off at bright core dot com slash Charlie. Purchase only directly from bright Core Nutrition to ensure product integrity. They do not authorize resellers. So again, brightcore dot com slash Charlie for twenty five percent off, or call them to get fifty percent off at eight eight eight three one seven nine two five eight. All right, we have another country we got to turn our attention to. However, and there is a new acronym that that is apparently going around.
Speaker 4: Hold on, it is mm hold on, hold on, don't say we have to let them play the clips letters. We have to let them play the car We have rect We love making fun of him. So as a pastime is it here? It's eleven.
Speaker 9: When the budget was released, I was shocked to find out that Prime Minister Carney is cutting seven billion dollars between Indigenous Services Canada and Crown Indigenous Relations. They provided zero dollars to deal with the ongoing genocide of mm I w G two s l G B t q q I A plus. This is abhorrent, This is callous. Rates of violence are increasing and what is the Prime Minister doing? He is turning a blind eye on this violence.
Speaker 4: The best part was how smoothly it came out. That is a person who uses that term all the time. What it means, I don't, I can't know. You know what's embarrassing. You know what's embarrassing. You don't need to read what it means, because I know what it means just from hearing it.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 4: But here's what it actually means. No, no, but I want I know what it means so I can recite it. That's I need to like prove myself here.
Speaker 2: So he.
Speaker 4: Just going off memory. So it starts with M M I WG. So that all what's weird is it's the it's the gay acronym. But it's actually like how to put this, it's not actually the case of it's missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls. And so this is a whole thing in Canada where they've made a big cause that First Nations, Inuit, Native Americans basically, but in Canada, uh, they're more likely to be missing and they're more likely to be murdered. The reason for this is they are in relationships with First Nations and Inuit men, and there's they commit more domestic violence per capita, more murders per capita. They unfortunately it's a community with a lot of problems, similar to what you'd see in the United States, and so that's why. But in Canada you're required by lots also punish people less for crimes if they're First Nations or Black for example. So they're literally more likely to be victimized because of the laws Canada has like that is what is going on here, so they go from there. Then they have two S that means two spirit. This is a made up thing from about nineteen ninety ninety one where they just made it up. Or it's basically you're an Indian, a First Nations person and also gay. That is what it is. They just made up a new category for being gay. But if you're in that group, then you should know LGBT, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans. Then QQ that is Q queer and questioning, so queer is sort of gay, but catch all lots of different things. Questioning you're not sure?
Speaker 2: Do they have I in there?
Speaker 4: Yes, and that's inter sex, then A and then A is allies and then you still got to have plus us because this is not all consuming. We might add new letters to it later. So that is the full explanation of that acronym. I spent time in a university where I had to learn all of this amazing.
Speaker 2: So apparently murdered is now a queer identity, which is you know, why not? I mean, we should just throw in every other intersectional group that we can in this. Can we play the clip one more time? I just want to hear her, that's too just off put it off. After that, Ye yeah, play the play the side again.
Speaker 9: When the budget was released, I was shocked to find out that Prime Minister Carney is cutting seven billion dollars between Indigenous Services Canada and Crown Indigenous Relations. They provided zero dollars to deal with the ongoing genocide of mm I w G two s l g b t q q I A plus.
Speaker 2: It's incredible.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's commitment, ruthless, just oh crushes it, okay, So proud of her.
Speaker 2: So not only can Canada not beat us in hockey, the one sport they're supposed to and they, by the way, they also lost the World Series to the Dodgers, which I'm still still happy about, very happy about it. They are suiciding themselves on purpose, and they have government funds for that. But now they are upset that m m I w q G two's l g b t q q I A plus funding has been cut by Carney.
Speaker 4: M M i w G two s l g b t q q q I A plus. I think I got I think I got an extra Q in there on q q q q q q. What are your thoughts and us your thoughts about Canada. Are you glad, especially if your first DA what's it like, because yeah, it's easy to joke about this, but you know, to be serious for a moment. Canada is this road not taken where they've kind of kept down the call it the twenty twenty vibe, the Obama vibe, like maximally live on everything. So stuff that is at least contested here in the US full born in Canada. So they have maximum assistant suicide. They have state mandated discrimination in criminal punishments. They allow you to discriminate based on race and sex for a job. I saw that at one of their universities. They're hiring for a forestry professor. But the person being hired has to be disabled. You must be a disabled person or identify as a disabled person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's what I was going to say. I actually was talking to a gentleman, and so it's like twenty twenty four never happened in Canada. But the I was talking to a gentleman that was you know, we're talking about all the fracturing that's going on and the movement and the coalition. He just was like, you know what, these are the golden years. I'm telling you this is a golden age. I was like, why is that?
Speaker 4: He said, well, listen, my company I almost got delisted from one of the stock exchanges because I didn't have a gay or a man or a woman on my board.
Speaker 2: And who said that. This gentleman on his board was like, listen, if I need to identify as a as a you know, gay, black, eighty year old man, I'm gonna do that. But that does None of that exists anymore. This was years ago now and we've overcome a lot of the woke garbage and companies are actually able to just be a company that's focused on making money. They don't have to have disabled, queer, black, lesbians or whatever on their board just to satisfy some quota requirement. This is absolutely forward progress. And I want to show you guys one other thing that because you know, I think we don't pay attention enough to all the wins. If you're frustrated with some of the present decisions, whether that's Iran or something else, just remember how much worse this actually could be. Right now, we have this graphic. It is The graphic is about asylum claims. So this was a breaking news story that happened, asylum grants. Grant rates have plummeted. Average monthly rate for decided asylum cases is down to seven percent. Now if you compare and contrast that to those spikes during Biden and Obama, we have made massive problems or progress. You know why, because the asylum system is rife with fraud. People claim anything they want. If you can claim the Democrat logic, if you can claim that you are a queer, mm LGBTQYA plus whatever without anybody questioning it or being allowed to question it, well you can claim asylum and nobody's allowed to question it. Those days are over. It's down to seven percent, and we should celebrate that. Hallelujah. I want to talk to you about an issue so many Americans faith, and that's health insurance. There's an organization I really really appreciate called Christian Healthcare Ministries CHM is a faith based alternative to health insurance. And this is real stuff, folks like you've gotta listen in With CHM, You're not paying into a company's profit margin. You're investing in a community with less overhead than the competition. You get reliable support through the giving and prayer of fellow members. Members contribute every month to help pay for each other's medical bills, allowing believers to afford the care they need. Because they're not insurance. You get access to your preferred doctor or hospital without network restrictions. You heard that right. If you want to see massive savings in your healthcare budget, CHM has four low cost programs for every stage of life, starting at just one hundred and fifteen dollars a month plus. You can enroll or switch your program at any time. See why so many believers are taking a leap of faith. Start today by visiting chministries dot org. Slash Charlie and use promo code Charlie for a fifty percent credit towards your first month. That's schministries dot org. Slash Charlie and use promo code Charlie. We have Rich Barris on the line. Rich, welcome back to the Charlie Kirk Show. It's good to see my friend you as well. Guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me. It's great to be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, listen, Uh, I am told I'm credibly told Rich that we're not allowed to say mass deportations anymore. It's out, it's it's what's in mass deportations is out. Digny Dodd is in.
Speaker 4: Amnesty is in worst of the worst, worse the worst.
Speaker 2: You know. So, okay, what am I missing here? I'll give the audience a little uh, a little precursor. We uh, we've been texting, and you told me there's quite the quite the little uh backstory here.
Speaker 4: So the floor is yours, Rich, tell us what you know.
Speaker 3: Indeed, so there isn't this isn't new, right, Amnesty is never dead, and I think the right knows that the Republican base voters know that amnesty is never dead. Amnesty is always right around the corner, and you always have to guard against it because a lot of Republican donors want amnesty, right, And I argued, when we saw these protests going on against ICE, you're not going to see any investigations into who organizes these protests because I think you'd be a little bit surprised by some of the people that are okay with them. And this is a backstory, all right. So I just wanted to say that as a preface, Andrew, but look last year, right, just to dive right into this last year, I awong with some other pollsters that are considered you know, credible by MAGA.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: We're asked to collaborate on a project that was sold initially as a way that if there could be a grand bargain, what are the deal breakers with MAGA voters and what would you have to do? And this included everything you just said and went over. You can't use words like that with MAGA, right, you know that, So how could it be sold? Et cetera, et cetera. I didn't even want to sign on to it, Andrew, and unless I was given an explicit an explicit promise, whatever you want to call it, that this will not be misrepresented to the president with that without without my presence, right, And that's what I was concerned. What happened to the product?
Speaker 6: We did.
Speaker 3: A huge national study. We did, I want to say it had to be at least a dozen states, at least. I actually think it was more like sixteen eighteen. Yeah, it may have been. I'm not sure how many some of the others had it. It is at least sixteen just judging from what I know people did. And then focus groups, of course, and we did this in not just battleground states. It had to be more You're right, it was this battleground adjacent. One of them was Maine. For crying out loud, right, because why we were concerned about the second Congressional district. Donald Trump performs there in a way that other Republicans do not because of Donald Trump's base, his coalition, which is not the Republican coalition. They're two totally different things, and unfortunately, is what people should know. I mean, unfortunately, that's what the donors who paid, you know, the who paid donor who paid for the project, really wanted, which is why I didn't want to sign on to it without getting that guarantee. I got that guarantee. I warned the Vice President that they would probably try to go behind my back and sell it to him without completely misinterpreting what it said, completely misreading the data, or honestly, let's be real, intentionally obfuscating what it said. And the report that we gave was filled with caveats, filled with nuances, and to make a very long story short, that's exactly what they did. So they wanted the names, they wanted the credibility, and they wanted the stamps of all the guys like me who polled well in the TRUMPERA and know, the Magna Coalition, but they did not want guys like me, and not just me, but others you know, who are more reliable to tell the truth, to convey to the president what it actually meant. So they waltsoed there and tried to sell it to him. And this is where we are now.
Speaker 2: To sum it up, you're saying that there was a moneyed individual that basically wanted a result and when you didn't deliver the results because actually mass deportations are more popular than I guess this individual wanted them to be, or at least there was nuance in the way the polling was actually the results you got, you then got cut out of the process.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did you despite having a guarantee?
Speaker 2: This is this is why, this is why you need to be very suspicious about polling friends out in the audience. So, okay, you sent me a list of three things that you thought that the polling actually revealed, and one of them has to do with masks. One of them is with the FBI and what constitutes crimes that will get you punished if you get in the way of ice officers. Okay, so why don't you walk us through your three points?
Speaker 3: So we and it's important to know how early this was. We identified before it became you know, social media sensation, before big media started to run with this. Yeah, you had left wing media talking about Ice and using They at that time had the Ice narrative basically all to themselves. We were wrapped up and very busy with other things like Operation Midnight Hammer. I mean, that's how long ago this was when they started this. Yeah, and we basically warned them that, look, Ice is having an image issue. So there are a couple of things you have to do to address it, because you can't cave on mass deportations. If you do, your base is going to be pissed. And by the way, there's no reason to because the public still supports it. One of them and you know, Blake and I have talked about this before on the show. Masks it was a big deal. They were toxic at that point, and when you look at how people were getting docks in the first place, it really wasn't required to keep these masks on. Either way, it didn't matter. We lost the public debates so badly there was no coming back from it. We had to get rid of the masks. Second is that they did not view ICE as professional as like the FBI, even the DA for that matter, and they wanted the FBI to come in and have control over the resting environment of this way, we didn't have these incidents that we kept having, which ultimately blew up into shootings right later. And that's right. And the third thing was a confusion over what constitutes these crimes, because we were talking to and this wasn't quite core based MAGA, but you know Trump coalition voters saying, you know, we're not sure what constitutes a crime that will end you up on this list. And while we do support mass deportations, we would rather see the really bad people go. And they weren't even saying that the Trump administration wasn't doing it. And what they were saying was that there was just no information available. You have MSNBC constantly running stories about how this one didn't pay a parking ticket, so they ripped the baby out of her hand and threw her into a cage and sent her on her way. They wanted this laid out like, no, this is what we do, this is what you know, this is the priority list of crimes. Those three things simply alone, Andrew would have gone a very long way in avoiding what essentially was a political catastrophe. And it ended up that way because by the time we were done, this was a long term project. By the time we were done, ICE was less popular than the FBI. There were more people who wanted to abolish ICE than who wanted to abolish the FBI. And it was stunning to me. Nobody listened, nobody wanted to hear it, because it dawned on me. The donors don't care. The donors want amnesty, so they don't care if ICE gets defunded. That's the truth, and that is the hard, terrible truth. And meanwhile, we have an FBI who waged two coups andrew against the sitting president and they were more popular than ICE.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so go through your points again. What you found when you actually pulled this issue was got to get rid of the masks, the mask optically toxic. Listen, we all want our ICE agents to be safe. We don't want them to be targeted, but they optically target toxic. Okay, it was true. Second point, it was used the FBI on the arresting and enforcement aspect of these rates. So if you get in the way, yes, and impede ice agents doing their job. The FBI would come in and be the enforcement mechanism, and then three clearly define what constitutes crimes that would land you in jail in prison. Okay, but I think that's really really clear. Rich. I want to zero in on something here because I think it's really important, and that is the donor element that we know that big ag, we know, the big hospitality. We know these are the industries that tend to often donate to Republican causes campaigns, and they're the most hungry for cheap labor. It's very frustrating. And then I noticed something when I was looking at this Dignidad Act, the production value of it. I'm going to play this clipping and we're going to tie these two pieces together. SOT sixteen.
Speaker 3: What does the word dignity mean to you? To me, it means not having to live in the shadows.
Speaker 11: It means being proud to contribute to the economy and be respected for it. That's what ten million illegal immigrants deserve. Let them work to legally and generate over one hundred billion dollars in revenue for a treasury, no path to citizenship, no right to vote in our elections and no access to federal programs. It's called the Dignity Act, where they can work and live without fear.
Speaker 3: Is the right thing to do? Is the Christian thing to do? Is the American thing to do. So let's join the Christian thing to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you love the Bible, don't you. You have to get rid of your country the Bible.
Speaker 2: Saying that I got super triggered what I watched that the first time with that line too.
Speaker 4: It's the Christian thing to do. It's the American thing to do.
Speaker 2: So no, okay, enforcing your laws and looking out for the people of this country is actually our Christian duty to our fellow citizens. That's the first responsibility of this country. But you notice the production value there, the music and the like multi angles and the sharp lighting. There's money behind this stuff, and it's crazy that we take our eye off the ball for one second and we're focused on a seat, fire and iron or whatever. Instantly they've got these things in the hopper and you're getting pushed out when you're doing polling rich to reveal that, hey, actually, mass deportations is still popular. We just have to change some messaging things we lost on the mass things. We got to like change the way we enforce it at some clarity. And meanwhile, so I we gotta fit. I know that you can't tell us, but I have some guests guesses of who you might have been working with. And again I go back to big ag and I go back to big hospitality. Yeah you got that. Yeah, okay, so I figured as much. So I know you can't tell us because of your non disclosures and all this stuff for rich, but but like what the vibe in that room. So you're in a room with a big money guy that's wanting to get an answer, wants to engineer an answer from your polling, what tell us like it give us the reality of this donor class and how hungry they are for this cheap labor.
Speaker 3: It was a constant fight. You know, if you go to a doctor, I don't care how much money you have. If you go to a doctor and there's something seriously wrong with you, I mean it's a serious issue. Are you going to second guess everything the doctor tells you? Or are you going to let the doctor do his job and be professional and get the best outcome or the right outcome for you. That's not how it works in my industry. It's constant fighting with the wording of the question, which you know, as upholster with integrity is a leading question. It's constantly how are the graphic's going to be presented to the president? Can we possibly? Let me give you an example, Andrew, if you say, do you support this? And the Trump base says no, and then you give them a bunch of riders in a series of questions to try to get them to sign on, Well what about if it doesn't include anybody who came over during the Biden era, which is a deal breaker by the way, and then you get a few more people on board. It's constantly well, can't we just combine those two together and say that that's the total to give to the president. Well, no, we can't, because that that total includes specific riders that were also pulled because initially they told you know, this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. So it's the President's very visual when you give him something a product like that. He wants to see the numbers. He wants to see the red right because the Republicans are read. He wants to see which one's what, and that's it. He doesn't want to dive down and look and see that it takes three four, five specific proposals, different language assigned to it, and how you sell it. They don't want to deliver that to him. They want to mash it all together and present to the president as you know what, this only leaves like ten percent of your base and that's nothing. Well, first of all, ten percent is the end of you as a coalition. It's not nothing. Secondly, you can't do that. It's dishonest, but is a lot of money behind it, Andrew, and you want to get hired again. So there are very few people who are like me who will spend Christmas Eve screaming about how the product looks, you know, or by the way which carried all through the New Year's celebrations, this was a long term thing. Very very very few pollsters we'll push back. They'll just say, let's get them what he wants. I understand. There's the wink, there's the nod. I want the money.
Speaker 2: That's so infuriating, and it is on our side, yeah, exactly, and the grift is real. And so I just want everybody to be very cautious when you see poles that seem too good to be true because they probably are false. Okay, you know, so this reminds me of the one hundred percent of MAGA supports this.
Speaker 4: Like I mean, speaking to another friend of mine who works adjacent to poll In, and he talked about the fact just sort of the way you can use poles to set things up, and he told me, we commission poles and I know not what ninety percent of them are going to say before the results even come out, but it's that you just you create these poles so that you can convince people to do what they already want to do, or convince them to do what you know you want them to do. You can just set everything up. So it's there's some poles that provide information, but there's arguably a lot more polls that are just used to manipulate.
Speaker 2: And you know was given If he was given the right information, we would get better policies. And that's why it's so critical that we and you rich expose how this grift game works. All right, I want to pivot just really quick, Okay, if you have a final thought on that. That'side I just.
Speaker 3: Was going to say, you know what drives me nuts about this was this idea like, well, let's not burden the president with the minutia, the specifics, the caveat the nuances. Are you saying the president's a stupid man. He's a smart guy. Give me ten minutes to explain this to him correctly.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 3: So it's it's insulting, and we all know what it is.
Speaker 2: We're gonna keep We're gonna keep saying mass deportations because guess what, that's what the people want. It is, this is America. What the people want, the people get. Just sell it differently. You got to have a messaging, you know, strategy that helps move it along. I mean, this is what Bovino was saying. He saying, look look at what we did in Louisiana, in New Orleans, look at what we did even in la Look what we did in all these places where we had the messaging out front. We had a strategy, they executed the strategy. Everything went to crap. In Minneapolis, we get it. I mean that that was a title wave in a political disaster. But it doesn't mean that we don't want mass deportations. Still, you just have to do it in a way that you know, we want commas, not drama. We don't want the drama, keep the ice agents off the headlines, but we want master deportations go ahead.
Speaker 4: But I wonder thirty seconds, but would it be a workable approach if you said if you went around saying, oh, we're getting the worst of the worst, and then you just started targeting business after business that's employing people illegally, because I think there's a lot of more sympathy when you go after, oh, this business was employing all illegal workers and you go smear the business owner instead of twenty seconds, Rich, Well.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, I can't believe in twenty seconds left and we got to that because that was another big sticking point. They had no sympathies for big business yet guess who were the big donors. So of course we couldn't bring that up either. That's another I I'm so glad you said that, Blake, because that was a fight that me and one other polster had with everybody else, like this is the obvious path to take.
Speaker 2: Hello, yeah, crazy Rich Barris, thanks for ticking us off here. Before we leave here, listen, if faith and values are important to you, they should be a part of how you date. It's that simple, not something you figure out later when you're like three four months down the road in a relationship. You see, most dating apps are built around casual connection, instant gratification, no long term vision, and that's just not what many of you are looking for. Thank goodness, That's why I like Upward. It's a dating app designed around faith and shared values. People who care about commitment, integrity, marriage and family, the things that we really value on this show. You're starting from common ground instead of trying to negotiate your core beliefs months into a relationship. That kind of clarity matters eighth es central to your life, or even if it's something that shaped how you were raised and how you see the world. Upward connects you with people who take that seriously. So if you're tired of the confusion and ready to date with intention, with marriage and family and mind, download Upward and start building on that right foundation. Because strong relationships start with shared values. Download the Upward app today. Welcoming now to the show is our dear friend Libby Emmons. She's the editor in chief of the Post Millennial and Human Events. We've got lots to go over with Libby. Thank you for joining us, Libby, I hope you're doing well.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you too. Nice to see you, guys.
Speaker 2: It's great to see you. So I saw this clip out of Virginia. So Abigail span Berger. She's been governor of Virginia for about twelve weeks now, and apparently her poll numbers are slumping. And she got asked about this and it was just too delicious. We had to play at st six.
Speaker 5: There was a pull up that had your numbers a little unfavorable on your numbers?
Speaker 3: What do you attribute that to you?
Speaker 10: I would say, if everybody hated me, why is everybody putting my face.
Speaker 3: On their mailers for the referendum?
Speaker 6: Would be question number one.
Speaker 2: Smirk, awkward, smile, uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Good, she's a very she's like a skin walker or something. You get this thing. She's not. It's not well, don't ever he met Virginia. So it creeps me out.
Speaker 2: Here's the details on the poll. We have another shot here for you, Libby, so we to be fair. She's about fifty to fifty, all right, but when you compare it to past governors of Virginia at this state, she's not doing so good. Okay. Top fifteen.
Speaker 13: Glenn Youngkin had great approval ratings. But look at her. She's three months in and her approval rating is almost as what it is for disapproval. About fifty percent like her, in fifty percent don't like her. But if you compare that to approval ratings for past governors, nobody else was where she was at this point in their candidacy or in their governorship. And so she was asked about this yesterday and she defended it.
Speaker 2: So she's not doing well because she ran as a moderate and she's gone full commie over in Virginia. Your take, Libya Evans.
Speaker 12: Yeah, she sure has.
Speaker 10: This is something I've talked to some of our staffers at the Post Millennial who live in Virginia about this, and they say that they are so sick of all of this jerrymandering stuff.
Speaker 12: That she had previously said that she.
Speaker 10: Would not back jerrymandering in the state of Virginia and now she's going full force on that.
Speaker 12: They're also telling me that there have been a number of.
Speaker 10: Illegal immigrant murders in the state just since she's taken office. We saw an absolutely brutal murder in Fairfax, Virginia of a mom who was just at a bus stop and this psychopathic illegal immigrant came off the bus and stabbed her to death.
Speaker 12: Absolutely horrifying.
Speaker 10: And these are people who have no business in the country, and in many cases are people who have a criminal record in the state and should not be in the state. They should not be in the country, and they certainly shouldn't be going around stabbing women.
Speaker 12: There's also so she's also reversed course on the cooperation.
Speaker 10: Of Virginia police with ICE, So that's an issue as well, especially when you consider these illegal immigrant murders. So I think people are looking around and they're saying, well, you know, we elected this woman who said she was going to be a moderate, and instead she is a far left, crazy progressive, and we're looking at a fifty to fifty. So while Democrats for the most part continue to support her, she's not making any inroads with Republicans in the state, and that's going to.
Speaker 3: Be a problem well.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the mailers that her face is being plastered on, a lot of those are against the redistricting effort that they're leading. So we have to hit that.
Speaker 4: We're hitting this really hard because if you're in Virginia, the final vote is next week. Next week Tuesday. I believe we get the results Virginia's redistricting. They're trying to take it from a pretty even house six ten to one, they're trying to make it ten Democrats one Republican. This very easily could decide the House next fall either way. Five seats is a ton. This matters a lot. And I know we lost that. Virginia's race wasn't super close last fall, but the polling shows this is very close. There have only been three polls on it. One is yes up by eight, one is no up by eight, one is yes up by five. So right there. Not only that, if you get into the cross tabs, the highest propensity voters are actually the most skeptical about it. The ones who have already voted are the most likely to say no, I don't support this, and we are seeing evidence of higher turnout in the Republican parts of the state. So this is a dead heat. As we like to say, if you haven't voted yet, yeah, go vote right now. I don't know why you didn't listen the last two times we told you to do that, But do it now. And I think the last day is probably this Saturday. If you don't do it by, then make sure you vote Tuesday.
Speaker 2: This matters exactly. And this is a state that Kamala took by six points, so this is a pretty close state, right, And so they had six five maps they're going to try and go to ten one maps. A total total disaster, by the way, and it does have national implications. And what's also infuriating about this You said this, Libby, that she ran against doing this. Now she's all in favor because they lie. And secondly, before this they had a plus maps. They were rated a plus for being fair okay to the voting electorate. So I mean it's a bastardization of the sort of special election process which I think is getting litigated.
Speaker 4: But nevertheless, the vote is going forward. So vote, vote, vote, vote vote.
Speaker 2: Libby.
Speaker 4: You also used to live in the city of New York. You have a special place in your heart for the City of New York. I think it's safe to say. And Mom Donnie is getting a dismal report card, new report out from the New York Post. Mom Donnie gets dismal report card from New Yorkers after less than one hundred days in office.
Speaker 2: What are you hearing?
Speaker 12: Yeah, so I was looking at this poll as well.
Speaker 10: He's got a forty eight percent approval rating, which is substantially lower than Eric Adams, previous mayor's sixty one percent. At this point in his term, it's more on part with Bill Deblasio's approval rating, and he was one of the worst mayors the city has ever seen ever in the.
Speaker 12: History of the city, and that's really saying something.
Speaker 10: He's got a thirty percent disapproval rating Mom Donnie has and as he's had his one hundred days in office, it's been pretty the far leftism has been really pretty rampant, and also he's been breaking some campaign promises. He's already walking back the free buses things because it turns out, Gollie Gee, it's not that affordable. Who would have known that.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Perhaps the entire city knew that and they elected him for it. Anyway, they got on board, so he's trying to walk that back. He's also proposing some plans based on some equity reporting that went into was conducted after George Floyd. This was put into place twenty twenty two by the city Council. Alets get on board with some of this BLM equity stuff and he's noticed that there are racial disparities in terms of income and various other things housing in the city, and he's decided that this is all based on prejudice and racism, not choices that people make.
Speaker 12: So that's something that people are looking at. Now he's complaining.
Speaker 10: That white households earn something like two hundred thousand, average black households around twenty thousand, and he's claiming that this is all racism. And this is a study where everybody, all forty five agencies of the city had to look at practices and policies through the lens of critical race theory. The idea was, go look for racism, and if you're going to put on glasses that are covered with racism, that's.
Speaker 12: All you're going to find.
Speaker 2: Well, and if you think that the wealth disparity in New York City is caused by racism, I don't know what to do for you. I don't know how to help you.
Speaker 4: But the national, the entire basic purpose of New York City at this point might as well be to reallocate money in order to solve disparity.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and remember his campaign promise was to tax white neighborhoods. Yes, to, you know, essentially loot the wealth of white New Yorkers give it to black and brown New Yorkers. Here's the clips Nott seventeen.
Speaker 14: The inequities in this city. The racial inequities are stark. The wealth of a median white household in the city is more than two hundred thousand dollars, while that of a black household is less than twenty thousand dollars. We are reckoning with the long history of racism here and starting to act upon a framework that puts equity right at the center of it.
Speaker 4: Sandy, right right behind the mayor in that clip, by the way, is city Council and Yusef Salaam. He is one of the Central Park five. He participated in a gang rape of the Central Park jogger, and that was a giant crusade to let him off basically allegedly. Okay, I'm saying he did it well allegedly, so yeah.
Speaker 10: The allegedly and then media gets on board and paints all these beautiful paintings of him, and now there he is in city council.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I looked at this and, as you know, a white person who lived in New York City, who definitely did not make the kind of income that he's looking for, but would have probably been taxed at a higher rate anyway, you know, just because of where I lived or whatever. It's really surprising to see how many people are actually on board with this, where you also have Black New Yorkers who are homeowners who are railing against this, saying, you know, we don't need to be taxed more just because we have the good fortune to own a home.
Speaker 12: We're trying to do this crazy thing.
Speaker 10: Called building generational wealth for our families, for our children, for our communities.
Speaker 12: That's important.
Speaker 10: And you have mom Donnie continuing to try to extort Albany for more tax revenue and more of all this stuff because he wants to implement more and more crazy programs that are based on equity, not opportunity. And one of the greatest things about New York City is just the amount of opportunity that is available. There are a lot of really good public schools, you know, and if you work really hard, if you tell your kids to work really hard, they can get into those schools and they can make a great name for themselves. They can make a future. There's no Bell Prize winners that come out of these New York City schools. And so when you look at the way that mom Donnie is treating the city.
Speaker 12: He wants to slash everybody off.
Speaker 10: At the knees who's doing well and give those you know, give those legs to somebody else so that they can climb higher. But these are people who living in one of the cities that has greatest opportunity in the world, have been unable to build on those opportunities.
Speaker 12: And that's really just a shame. And I think it's going to be a shame for the children of that city.
Speaker 2: Well, surprise, surprise, we have two examples of far left governance that are not It's not popular because it doesn't work. All right, Blake, You've got a story on the Pope that everybody's talking about. Jade Vance is getting asked about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's just interesting. I'm not entirely sure how to react to it. This is a reporting from the Free Press that's Barry Weiss's outfit that supposedly the Pentagon, supposedly the Pentagon of one of our officials there, Elbert Colby, summoned Cardinal Christophe Pierre, who's the Vatican's ambassador to the United States for a meeting in January, and this is in the wording of the Free Press that he told that he told this cardinal that the United States has the military power to do quote whatever it wants, and that the Pope American pop leo had quote better take its side. And supposedly in this confrontation, the US went so far as to invoke the Avignon papacy. And that raises my eyebrow. That sounds a little unlikely to me, to be frank for the ninety nine percent of you who have no idea what that's a reference to. In the thirteen hundreds, the King of France forcibly relocated the pope to a town in France called Avignon, and that's where the pope was instead of Rome for a little under one hundred years. And for a period there were even two popes. There was a Pope and Avion and a pope in Rome. Very complicated business, it was very important seven hundred years ago. It all sounds very unlikely to me.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, so It's spokesman for the Department of Defense told Newsweek that the Free Presses characterization of the meeting was highly exaggerated and distorted. The meeting between Pentagon and Vatican officials was a respectful and reasonable discussion, the spokesman said. We have nothing but the highest regard and welcome continued dialogue with the Holy See.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now we should be frank. There has been a lot of friction between the new papacy and the admin. I'll be frank. I think the Pope has been a little annoying with his rhetoric on migration and immigration stuff like that. It bothers me because I just I don't think it really is in line with traditional Christian views on things like that, and it's annoying. You used to have the Pope would say things that are annoying and you go, oh, well, he said it in Italian and it's getting translated weird. Now we have this pope from Chicago and he just says stuff and it sounds like a lib commentator on MS now, and you're just it's frustrating and annoying. That said, so, don't think you want to be picking fights with the Vatican. They are institution with a long legacy, a lot of moral legitimacy. We don't need to spar with them either. We can respectfully disagree with them. That's what I hope anyway.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean I think that it's I think it's been interesting to see the pope.
Speaker 12: This is the first American pope.
Speaker 10: I'm Catholic, So full disclosure, there fun fact about the Avignon Papacy.
Speaker 12: I believe that that's where we got.
Speaker 10: The wine, the shadow noof depop that came from the Avignon fantasy.
Speaker 12: But yeah, I've been.
Speaker 10: Following Leo on X coming out all of the time speaking against war, speaking in favor of being nice to migrants, and into a certain regard.
Speaker 12: I really respect what he's doing.
Speaker 10: He's saying no war, that's really a pretty Catholic perspective at this point. No war, be nice to migrants, that's you know, of course we should be kind to these people. And this is of course not the first time that a religious leader like the Pope, a religious Catholic leader, has come into conflict with the big military powers of the world. It kind of speaks to a certain sense of balance and it makes sense. I mean, the papacy is not here to back the American government.
Speaker 12: That's not what it's for.
Speaker 10: It's opposed to guide Catholics in their view. So that's I think that's what matters here, is the speaking to Catholics about how they should behave. Should Catholics be in favor of war, Probably not, But that doesn't mean that you don't back your United States compell or high water no matter what. And I'm frankly very comfortable with that, you know, potential contradiction.
Speaker 12: And the same thing is true with the migration.
Speaker 10: I think that it makes a lot of sense to be kind to migrants, to be kind to people who are intent on leaving their own nations, but that doesn't mean they have to come to the United States. There is a separation there, certainly, between faith in Jesus Christ and what you think is best for your nation. They're not always going to necessarily be the same thing, right, I mean, I don't think that we should let our nation be overrun because that would certainly get in the way of faith and expressing faith and all of that stuff too. So there has to be a balance. But I think Leo is doing what he thinks is the right thing to do. I think America is doing what America thinks is the right thing to do. And it's okay if those two things are not always aligned. I'm perfectly comfortable with that.
Speaker 4: There's been a similar story that was unfolding in the past week. There's this push that's been made to frame the Pentagon under Pete Hegseef, who is a Protestant, as actively anti Catholic in some capacity. There was a story that they had a Good Friday service on Good Friday and that they sent out a notice where it said Protestant service, no Catholic Mass. And this was hyped up by a lot of people as them actively.
Speaker 12: On Good Friday.
Speaker 4: We do not have a Mass on Good Friday.
Speaker 6: Just don't do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the only day of the year. I actually went to a service on Good Friday. You still have the Eucharist because they'll prepared it in advance, but they just a bit. They don't do the whole.
Speaker 2: Wait, you just said they don't. They don't have a service, but you went to one.
Speaker 10: We don't have like a specific Good Friday Mass. I mean there's Mass every day. Show your church at like eight in the morning.
Speaker 2: You're gonna find it.
Speaker 4: It's important sacrament stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, got it. I listen. I'm a cradle Catholic, but I'm obviously a little rusty on some of the particulars, but I can guarantee you that Pete Heg said has nothing but love for the Catholic Church and Catholic serving in the military. But it's something we actually talked about with Michael Knowles. It does feel like there is some sort of effort to drive a wedge between Catholics and Protestants Evangelical specifically in this country. I don't know where that's coming from exactly, but I don't feel it innately myself. It just feels like there's forces that are trying to drive a wedge about between the Catholics and Protestants, and I I genuinely I don't resonate with it at all.
Speaker 4: Well, what I would say is Catholics and Evangelicals and different Protestant they have different beliefs about Christianity and we shouldn't ignore those things. I think if you go too far on ecumenism, you miss that. You kind of end up imagining that doctrine isn't important, and that oh it just we're all kind of some of us just like ceremony a bit more than others, and it is more than that that's going on. Getting back to the big picture. I think it's pretty It seems pretty obvious there's going to be friction between this admin and the Pope. The Pope bite bash the president a bit. I would say, in contrast to most world leaders, the president probably shouldn't bash the pope back. He's just it's not a fight that's worth picking. There's a good exchange.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 4: I think there was a tech leader who was making fun of the Pope, and a guy just said, don't.
Speaker 2: Mock the Pope.
Speaker 4: Don't mock the Pope. And if they did say something about we have military power, I find it unlikely that this administration did that. But I do remember the supposed line by Joseph Stalin how many divisions does the Pope have? And then the church played a big role in bringing down communism in Eastern Europe.
Speaker 2: You just well, but I don't. I'm not saying that doctrinal issues don't matter. They certainly can and do sometimes, But in general, we have way more in common than we do that separates us, namely Jesus Christ, Yes is our Lord. So amen, Leby Evans, thank you for joining us the post millennial and human events. Thanks for making the time, Libby, We'll see again soon.
Speaker 12: Thanks so much, guys.
Speaker 4: For more on many of these stories and news you can trust, go to Charliekirk dot com