Speaker 1: Today's show sponsored by Lear Capital, the precious metals leader since nineteen ninety seven and only company I trust and recommend to my family, friends and viewers. Visit Lear Alex dot com.
Speaker 2: Ready to break the narrative, get the real story with no filters and no apologies, cut through the noise with real conversation, real conviction, and real news. It's time for truth without spin. It's the Alex Marlowe Show.
Speaker 1: All right, lostuff going on today. We got a lot to get into. We'n get into the oscars and I'm gonna play some of the low lights, some of the worst speeches. I'm gonna break down what I think is really happening culturally in Hollywood and beyond. But before that, I do think we need to start with a deep dive into what's going on with the war. And I will say this. You know, my colleague and friend Dennis Prager has been known to say, first, give the news and then give your opinion. I'll give it an opinion first, and I'll give you the news. Now, I think a lot of people I'm starting to see some gloomerism, some doomerism coming from people who were more tolerant of the war a couple of weeks ago, and I'll tell you that I got a little gloomier at the end of last week, but I'm still convinced that we get a little more time to try to get the job done and still have ample space to be able to change the narrative and the framing politically. So this is not a liability in the election. So, of course, this is an uphill battle for a number of reasons, namely because anyone who does not like Trump is not going to like this war because they desperately want Trump to fail no matter what. And a lot of people who do like Trump are vehemently anti war. They're anti war, pretty much isolationist at this point. They didn't want us to get into this war, and it would give them a lot of joy and pleasure to say that they call this one right. And it's very hard to pick up new converts, especially when you're starting from a frame where people like Chuck Schumer, who won to bomb Aran for his whole career, is he's out on day one when it sends a signal that this is a tough one politically, but maybe it is the right thing for this country. It's on Trump that continue to make that case. And as he continues to make that case, I think that we've got to be able to show the American public that the world is a better place because we did this. And all they're seeing right now on a personal level is very high gas prices and a fair bit of insecurity. So what does that mean for Trump? The task at hand is to get that straight or open the straight of war moves, and it is not happening instantly, and this does give me some cause for concern. Trump seems to be aware that this is the big problem that he faces, and so he's actually called out Western allies from Europe to South Korea, to Australia, France, Spain, Japan, the UK, and have all said you need to help me out, or please help me out, get this thing open, let's all get in on this. And they're not helping. And I was trying to think about why not, because Trump's the alpha and he's righteous here on a moral level. I mean, the world will be a better place if whatever ever takes place next, I think will be better for Iran. I could eat those words, but probably not. And it feels like there's a very good chance that we could have Iran coming back into the fold where they're actually part of global commerce and part of polite society yet again which they are a big society. There's sophisticated society. There's a lot of highlights within the Iranian people that'd be nice to have those emerge on at broader geopolitical level. We could see that happen, but we're ways off from that in the sense that the Eyetolla is still in charge. IRGC is still in charge, the new Eyetola. I'll tell you what the latest rumor is, which is kind of wild new or post report of this, that he's actually homosexual. That's right, and apparently Trump was laughing at this fact or laughing at how we can lame he is. I don't buy that Trump was laughing, because I spent a lot of time with Trump. I don'tink I've ever seen him laugh. Have you guys ever seen Trump laugh? If you guys have a Trump laughing video, email me Aloha at Alexmarlow dot com and I would love to see that one. But overall, the Iran is trying to hold their ground as best they can, and they see if they can shut down that straight and they can make it so the ships are not flowing in and out. It could hurt America enough politically that America could relent, and if a lot of America's allies are not willing to help, then Iran could essentially sort of go back to business as usual. That's their hope. They're continuing to export to China at a very high rate, so they got money coming in, and now we're seeing a big dip in production because people can't get the oil that's already been produced through the strait as well as a bunch of other stuff as well. So will Europe come in to help. No, they won't. And this does make sense to me the more you think about it, because the first thing about European allies and a lot of American allies around the world are buying large A lot of them are freeloaders. Is just a fact. They're freeloaders. We do everything for them. They want a lot of free stuff, and they're not good at maintaining their weapon capacity. They're not good at maintaining their arsenals. They famously don't fund NATO to the degree that they need to. But I think that's indicative of a weakness when it comes to the cultural imperatives in their home countries of having a strong military because their people don't demand it, and America always has their back and push comes to shove anyway, which makes them really weak and lame allies in moments like this where we could use some reinforcement. So the fact that we do so many things for the Western world, and if it would include Australia, and that you know, the whole anglosphere as well as East Asia, a lot of this is makes it so that we have fewer cards we can play other than to ask politely, can you guys help us out here? And let's see what they say. There's another element here that is I think very real, is that even though America culturally we are moving I think away from the green new scam, we're moving back towards fossil fuels are okay, We're trying to produce abundant energy, whatever it takes to get those energy prices down so that people can thrive. That the world has not burned up. All the doomsday global warring predictions are not real. Well, I don't know if all that news has gotten all the way to Europe and elsewhere. Europe just hates fossil fuels and they don't want Trump to succeed, so they're having helping Trump succeed to lower gas prices and to make it so that there's greater global commerce and greater oil supplies for people. It's just not something that's going to motivate a lot of these Western European countries and elsewhere around the world. Even though the Trump is i think more popular and is getting more cultural clout globally than he had in the previous administration, So it might not be enough to get people sufficiently motivated to go fight for this particular cause. So we could pick up some new allies who want to help, but then they might have an even more intense approach to the warm I'm looking at Saudi Arabia, which intercepted seventeen drones over the weekend that I believe are from Iran, though Iran will tell you they're from Israel, and they were sort of decoys. The United Arab Emirates, which has been an ally of ours, big players in the Abraham Accords, they got bombed a bunch, and so these countries are going to be super mad at Iran, and now they're going to want to destroy it completely, So that's another thing to balance that. They I want to amp up the intensity and not drop down. So I'm tracking all these markets for all of you. We're doing our best, and where things opened up today was not at a super scary level. I'm just looking at stocks. They were actually up almost four hundred points, which is pretty cool. Oil was pretty flat when we started the show today, and so that's actually not a terrible sign because if things tick up a little bit, they're actually down a touch as we're recording, so is that there are fluctuations that take place, but they're around one hundred bucks, and one hundred bucks is high and sustained one hundred bucks gonna be very high. And remember we got the ticking clock of summers. We got to get this all sorted out before they get to switch over that summer formula, and when they do that price will go up again. But they're not shooting up today, and that shows that maybe people are nervous, but they're not panicking. And Scott bess and I said, I think did something reassuring, which is he came out and he said that we are not necessarily going to take sort of really extreme measures to try to regulate oil markets or stock markets of the economy, which is I think a vote of confidence to some degree. So I think that's really reassuring to the American public that what we've got is something that's navigable, and this administration believes is navigable and believes we'll get through it soon. So that's the top line issue. That we did not see a lot of movement on the war over the weekend. We did not see any massive escalation in fighting. We did not see new allies making interesting moves. The biggest thing was that we were not getting a lot of help when it comes to opening up the straight and Trump seems to understand that opening up the straight is the do or die situation, and I'm content to wait this out a little bit longer. I think that for an operation at this level, I think if you are a believer in President Trump, that he was acting on good intelligence, acting good faith, and noting his terrific track record of holding the bad guys accountable around the world, I do think we've got a little more bandwidth and a little more time that we can allow for him to try to bring this thing home in a positive way and I think a lot of people in the markets agree. So maybe the punditry class, maybe even your favorite rite of center pundits, don't agree. But we're seeing a lot of positivity I think in terms of the market is not completely freaking out. So and there are real threats, and let's not forget this. We had another attack, so on Friday, a Hesbela affiliated person attacking a synagogue in Michigan with the old Dominion attacker, which we did bring out briefly in the show Who Would Pleasure? Leading to Isis with the ISIS connected attack on the anti Maam Donnie protesters in New York. So we're seeing a rash of Islamist violence. And when you've got a Islamo fascist regime that is said for decades that America is great Satan and they're pursuing nuclear weapons. They did want to wipe us out. And if Trump thought now is the moment, then now could be the moment. So big stuff, and I'm very optimistic that this will be something that we can solve, that it won't be overnight. We're got to give this a few months. Three months is the three months is the timeframe that I'm looking at. All right, a couple other things to plug briefly before break, and then I'll come back and we'll get into some of the Oscar stuff. But this big week for my friend Winton Hall Code Read is his new book comes out tomorrow. This is the AI book, first conservative take an AI. It's an optimistic cake, but has a lot of caution in it, a lot of reason to worry about the Silicon Valley Masters of the Universe as well as China, because we need to beat China while simultaneously working with some of the people who have opposed our movement, the Silicon Valley tech titans in recent years. This is very big. We also got some very tough news today, which was that trumps chief of staff Susie Wilds, diagnosed with breast cancer. Apparently it's early stages, but she's been a really integral part of Trump's movement. And Trump's White House is just so much better than the Trump forty one White House, and hopefully everything will be okay. That's a cancer where you can have huge, very ability. It could Basically it's a pain in the butt. It can go from it being a pain in the butt to being terminal and being a deadly cancer. So I'll give you more details as we know them. But luckily, at this moment in time, that doesn't necessarily mean it's the worst thing we've ever heard, but it's important so in that public that Trump's icemade and the most powerful woman in the world, that we give her that acknowledgement, and we're doing so today on the show. And we pray for her and we wish her the best. All right, so much more to come. We'll be right back on the Marlow Show. All right, back in the Marlow Show. Here, want to finish breaking down one of things going on with Iran, and here it is in a nutshell, it's that Donald Trump. Once to get this straight open, there is a massive amount of pushback because a lot of our allies do not care about fossil fuels, They don't care about Trump getting stability politically, they don't care about gas prices in America, and they also don't have the capability or the desire to fight a lot of wars in that region. And now we're in this spot where we got this new leader of Iran, who Trump considers a lightweight. The rumor from the New York Post that he's actually a homosexual. Yes, that's right, that's what's going on. And I think Trump is just trying to get under his skin, because again he's like a Yeti or Chupacabra. He won't come out, he won't talk. I guess he spoke briefly, but he's mostly a cardboard cutout as far as we know, does not seem like a super intelligent person. There was concern the prior Iotola commanee apparently going to report from CBS express concern about this iotola from taking over because he's too stupid. Yes, that was literally a concern according to report from CBS. So again there's a lot of fog of war going on, so you get away for multiple sources to know. Some of the stuff is for sure. But overall, we're taking a look at markets. Oil is high but sort of stable. We're looking at market see if any massive fluctuations take place. But overall, the imperative is on Trump to open up the Strait, and then once the Strait is open, then there's so much that we can do from there in order to try to make this thing right and then make it go away pretty soon. But I'm giving Trump a few months to sort it out. I really do think that it's important that we give him a little bit of time here, because if we do give them a little bit of time, then there's a very good chance he's going to prove to us that he's got what it takes to do what is to make the world a safer place on America's behalf, so really really big, all right. Because we're talking about money, it's important we talk about how to protect your money, inflation, currency devaluation. And one of the ways that I protect myself involved markets is with precious and metals. Global financial chaos it's coming more common. There's so many variables these days. We're moving to a huge upheaval with AI technology. And the best thing for you to do is really just to get educated. Get educated about the dollar, about massive government printing of money, and inflation and debt. Almost forty trillion dollars, guys, not a joke. We don't talk about it much, but it's not a joke. All this is continuing, and that's why I partner with Lear Capital. These are the best guys in the business. They got free gold and silver reports. They're just going to teach you about these things. They're going to teach you stuff you didn't learn in school about how to have alternative assets and how that could protect you and grow your wealth as well. It might be just what you need to protect yourself in these uncertain times. Told you that big moment last year, Morgan Stanley's chief investment officer saying you should have twenty percent in gold. It's a huge number. The recommendation before was negligible. Now it's twenty percent. They're moving into gold. Maybe you should too, So I trust Leader Capital, you should as well. Eight hundred nine nine two two two five five. Eight hundred nine nine to two two two five five. Call them right now, right right at the break. Call them it's a nine nine to two two two five five. Or go to lear Alex dot com, have a conversation with them, let them show you how much they know and help you out as well. All right, a hard pivot here, you know. Breitbart, we talk about politics being upstream or downstream of the culture. Culture being upstream in politics, meaning that a lot of what happens in our politics flows from the cultural actors. I do think that's changing a little bit because we the anti establishment media has really neutralized a lot of the political clout of the Hollywood entertainment celebrity class. I was on Vanity Fairy yesterday looking at all the celebrity outfits and it's just like, I don't know a lot of the celebrities, and I follow this stuff full time. So the people they're foisting on us as celebrities of the moment just so completely lame. And I think that's a good thing. And we got a reality TV star in the White House and by and large's doing very good job. So we're in a good spot there. But with the Oscars yesterday, and it's good to check in on this stuff, check in on who Hollywood anoints as the winners, and what are the speeches that are given. And I'll play some clips here throughout the next segment, but I'll give you my overall thought is I thought I was in a time warp. A lot of these jokes were so stale, they were so hackneyed. There was very little political commentary, but all the political commentary was just about race. For example, Michael B. Jordan, who was an actor that won for the Movie Centers for Best Actor. His speech where he only shouted out prior black best actors. This is a guy who's been relevant for twenty years. He was one of the stars of The Wire, he was in Black Panther. This guy has been beloved by this country for a long time as an actor, and he just makes it about race. I'm going to play an unbelievable clip for you from the winner for the Best Animated Movie, which is k Pop Demon Hunters, which is fantastic, and we've played a million times in the Marlow House, and again the director comes out and just immediately starts talking about race and how important it is for a Korean animated movie to win. And all it does is just distract, and it makes these people, it repels you. You don't want to spend any time with these people. The reason why you don't spend time with them is because they're completely obsessed with woke politics. Recall that in order to get nominated for any movie, they have these extremely strenuous diversity rituals that they have to have. You've to have a certain amount of minorities on various jobs and in your cast and all. This is just it's so grotesque, and I think it repels normal Americans, and that's a good thing. I'll break more down we come back on The Marlow Show. This episode is sponsored by American Beverage. Think for a minute about the drinks you grew up with and that you still love today, the ones that you've got to have at the barbecue or in the break room. We're talking Coca Cola, Doctor Pepper, and Pepsi. These iconic brands are part of the American story and they have been for over one hundred years. With everyone talking about American jobs lately, the companies behind these beverages have been walking the walk the whole time. America's beverage companies are making American products with American workers in American hometowns. They employ over two hundred seventy five thousand men and women in all fifty states. These are people who show up every day, do the work and deliver for our economy and our communities. See for yourself everything they're doing at we Deliver for America dot Org. All right, so I wouldn't play some of you some of the highlights and low lights from the Academy Awards yesterday again, because's important to check in and where America's most influential cultural institution is at as it circles the drain. Very sad because movies were the centerpiece of not just American culture, but really global culture, and that's been fading pretty rapidly, and yesterday, both in terms of winners in award show content, gave us no reason to think that's changing anytime soon. Hollywood was particularly lame in their politics. They were not particularly entertaining. The show is incredibly long. I think goodness was in the planes. Wouldn't not have to watch a lot of it, but I picked up a lot of highlights and along the way, and I'll start with just in terms of what was awarded, very incoherent, disjointed awards. So the most awarded movie was One Battle after Another, which is basically a pro Antifa movie where these vigilantes are anti heroes raid a. I guess the immigration facility incredibly woke politics, and it had just been crowned very early in the year of Paul Thomas Anderson. The director has made a lot of movies I really love, some I think are only okay, but it's just beloved within the industry and a deeply pro in Tifa movie, and that's what they chose is their best movie of the year. The other most anointed movie of the year where I got some pleasure out of this, which was Sinners, which is a horror movie but also a movie about the rise of blues and the Deep South in the Jim Crow era, and it's incredible. I'm definitely one of my favorite movies of the year. I don't see a lot of movies these days of a certain age, right, I don't have a lot of time. But it really does go through all of the horrors that the Democrats created in the South, from the Ku Klux Klan to their role in the Civil War. All of this violence and racial oppression against black people at the hands of Democrats, all of that is within the movie very deeply. So it makes democrats very bad in terms of their systemic and serial abuse of black people throughout our nation's history. Now does it ever use the word democrats, of course not, but any smart person would see that. And the movie is just really really good, incredible score, which won awards. Michael B. Jordan won Best Actor for playing two roles, which he was very good. He's always very good. I don't know if it was the best performance of the year, but that was kind of fun because there was this big hype machine to get the actor Timothy Shallome, who is very tabloid friendly. He dates a Kardashian. He had been lobbying very hard to win Best Actor for a movie called Marty Supreme, which is the classic rise, fall, and rise again story of a super annoying ping pong player, So clearly the thing that it wasn't going to drop me to the box office. But it did very well business wise, but he was kind of pandering and trying to get the award at a very high level and all that was great marketing for the movie, but he did not win. Michael B. Jordan one, which is for a very good movie, but I don't think people really understand the politics of the movie. The movie comes off as very anti democrat any of you who are fluent in history, that is pretty clear there. And also fantastic if you've not seen it. It's scary, it's sexy, the music's ridiculously good. It's a very very good movie. But that also won for Best Script, which was didn't really make sense. There were a lot of problems in the script. I think a lot of the ideology was not fully realized. A lot of the takes on Christianity were very unclear. Michael B. Jordan's two characters were very similar. I could never get them straight, which was interesting. So it was kind of a flawed script. But that won Best Screenplay, but it was really sort of a consolation prize because it probably should have won Best Director, but they really wanted to give it to the woke Paul Thomas Anderson movie. So that's where they're coming from from a political standpoint. And then we started to get speeches that were invariably super lame. I'll tell you the one that I thought was the most annoying. So the Best Animated Movie went to movie called K Pop Demon Hunters, who's on Netflix, and it is a blast. It's got a lot of deep themes in it, and it's actually the music is just ridiculously good. I think I mentioned this recently that soundtrack was the most or second most played thing in my house last year. My kids love it, for my two year old and my seven year old. I mean, these are absolute bops, these songs, and the movie's pretty good, so it was sort of inevitable. And so this is what co director Maggie King has to say after winning this award. Play Cut eight.
Speaker 3: Please, guys, and for those of you who look like me, I'm so sorry that it took us so long to see us in a movie like this, but it is here, and that means that the next generations don't have to go along. This is for Korea and for Koreans everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's just so ridiculous for so many reasons. And I'll start with the fact that Korean movies are beloved in world cinema. First of all, if you want to talk about the Parasite won Best Picture in twenty ninenineteen over the greatest movie of all time once upon time in Hollywood, So we do like to award Korean movies. We certainly like to award Asian movies and Asian animation. The studio Ghibli movies are some of the most popular, most beloved animated movies of all time other than Pixar, definitely the most beloved I studio in the history of animation. So even though it's not Korean, it's certainly people who look like you are in the cartoons are getting awarded. And this has been going on for decades, and it just strikes me about how much Korean cinema and entertainment is an indelible part of our culture. K pop is everywhere, The Squid Games was everywhere, it's and they're getting awards. As I mentioned Peris, I am very highly awarded. My favorite type of movie genre is the horror movie genre. I say up with this. Horror movies like Trained to Busan and The Whaling are considered in the horror community some of the best movies of the century. So there's been zero disfranchisement. Didn't a who is the Michelle What's your Face? You won the Best Actress like two years ago for everything everywhere all at once that a lot of people said it was not a good movie. She wins Best Actress for this? I think she's Koreen. It fact, she's Chinese. So there's lots of representation of Asians in American cinema, and I just find that this is the message that I'm sorry that Hollywood has been so discriminating against Asians. This is completely absurd and there's just no math on it. I saw a Twitter account called polymath actually did the math on how many Asian protagonists in cartoon movies had won for the Best Animated Movie in the Oscars and it's literally equal to whit'es this century. So there's been equal amount of Asian protagonists in the best animated movies. And I just don't get why no one gets hands in these people and they just stop this, Just stop with the woke pandering. You're just alienating audience. You're just leaving a bad taste in their mouth when they put on your art. So that was a crucial moment. Other moments that I thought were relevant to point out. I want to play this cut this joke from Conan O'Brien. Let's play cut four.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 5: It's the first time since twenty twelve, first time since twenty twelve that there are no British actors nominated for Best Actor or Best Actress. Yeah, British spokesperson said, yeah, well, at least we arrest our pedophiles.
Speaker 4: So I got that.
Speaker 1: Just Hollywood has a guy in it called Roman Polanski who admitted to sodomizing a thirteen year old and then is not arrested, and he still shows movies at film festivals. I could say some of his movies are fantastic. Rosemary Baby, Rosemary's Babies are my favorite movies. It is, but does it make him not a pedophile and not a pervert, not a predator. He basically owned up to it. And then you've just been on the lamb like they're not arresting anyone in Hollywood. And I know he's not an American, but he's someone who's beloved by Hollywood and was embraced by the Hollywood community in Hollywood's heyday in the seventies. So these guys are all predators. They all prey on people. We're just with all these me Too's and the Harvey Weinstein's of the world. And he's just like lecturing. I guess Trump about Epstein and then Britten so virtuous because they finally bagged Prince Andrew after years of predatory behavior. I know it's a joke, but it's not really a joke because it's not designed to get lasts, designing, get applause, and it's just so blatantly of a critical just growth. All right, Jimmy Kimmel told a super lame joke about Milania Trump because it's all the jokes he's got. Let's play cut you please.
Speaker 6: As you know, there are some countries whose leaders don't support free speech. I'm not at liberty to say, which, let's just leave it at North Korea and CBS.
Speaker 1: Fortunately the pause, So I haven't gotten to the Milania joke yet. But does he get the irony that if he really was pressed, he wouldn't get to go on the biggest award show in all of American media and just make fun of the president freely without any fear or repercussions, and everyone in the audience would just applaud without any fear. Was really an impressive place, Like I know, let's say Iran that's been rounding up political prisoners and killing them. No, nothing about Iran, Like no one cares about the people of Iran all of a sudden, even though Hollywood is tons of Persian people in it. All right, let's play cut too.
Speaker 6: Fortunately for all of us, there's an international community of filmmakers dedicated to telling the truth, oftentimes at great risk, to make films that teach us, that call out injustice then aspire us to take action. And there are also documentaries where you walk around the White House trying on shoes.
Speaker 1: So he that Trump was would have wanted Malania to win. But here's the thing. And Milani's movie came out in twenty twenty six. So Milanie's movie was a big book box office success, unlike the movie that ended up winning the Best Documentary, which I would play for you a clip from the smug speech that the director gave people actually went to millennia. It made a lot of money. People were excited to see it. People went to the theater to go see It's one of the top grossing documentaries now ever, because people have a genuine interest in her and movies that are not entirely negative about conservatives and Republicans. So this guy, David Bornstein, he made a documentary about Putin that did about a half a million dollars in the box office, which is I'd be shocked if it was able to recoup its own expenses. Let's play cut three.
Speaker 7: Mister, Nobody against Putin is about how you lose your country. From what we saw when working with this footage, It's that you lose it through countless small, little acts of complicity. When we act complicit when a government murders people on the streets.
Speaker 1: Of our major cities, when we.
Speaker 7: Don't say anything, when oligarchs take over the media and control how we could produce it and consume it.
Speaker 1: Just what planet is this guy living in It's just not our country because why because true activists got killed by ice, Like that's the equivalent. There's no comment on Iran, but just to suggest that the atrocities and the human rights violations that are occurring around the world that would happen what's happening in America because we're enforcing our immigration laws. Is anything remotely like that. It's just irritating. It's just highly irritating. So they want to irritate us. But the good news is is that their power is waning. And I played these clips specifically to remind you that the vast majority of you in the audience that have probably opted out from these types of things, you are exactly right to have done done. So there are a couple of good moments. Michael B. Jordan once he stopped thinking only black actors who had won the award before him did. Thank God and family. We had a what's your face? The Buckley, the actress that everyone loved, the Irish actress who won for Best Actress, which was another crowning where we knew that was coming a long time ago, Jesse Buckley. She was gave what a lot of people say it was the big best performance of the year for something called Hamnet, which was way too depressing for me to spend time on, but was told he was very good. She thanked her husband and said she wanted to make a million babies with him, and was very grateful for her family and talked glowingly about her infant and I thought that was a fantastic moment. So there weren't without some balance in it. But you can see the smugness, the sanctimoniousness, and increasingly the desperation has been what's very clear to me with what's gone on in this moment of Hollywood. And I have some more content I think is really important for all of you that I will play after the break, but for now I want to share with you. I want you to picture yourself in the trenches that we're seeing in Israel right now, where you have got sirens, bomb shelters, people who are being confined away from their lives, away from their family simply because they're Jewish and they live in Israel. They're trying to have peace and freedom in a world where there's oppression all around them at a constant level. These are the type of people who are incredibly vulnerable, and these are people who need our help. And I partner with IFCJ, the International Fellowship for Christians and Jews, because they do work that I believe truly matters. They're getting resources to the people who are the most desperate, the most in need, and they're also building literal bomb shelters. They actually build bomb shelters so that people can in emergency get to them when there are sirens going off and when they're bombs overhead. Support IFCJ dot org. Go right now to support IFCJ dot org. Send them some little cash right now and you can help out some people who desperately need it. Support IFCJ dot com a fantastic team in the show. Greg Evans, our producer, Sean McConnell runs the board. Roger Wicker, Junior, Ricklaere, Charlie Matt Cibel, Brandon Couples, Misty Callahan, John Cassio, Daniel West all make contributions and I'm glad they do. We need them. All you know all, We know all you guys, So thanks for all your help. It's just amazing to me because Hollywood has so many problems on their hands. They've had so many layoffs. They've got AI that can be eating up so many of their jobs. It's a people can't do business in California because the tax raised two eyes, so they got to leave their families and travel all over the place, very strange parts of the world because there's too many crazy people to stand up to the corporations say hey, you got to stop doing this. And really the problems are I guess uh. The animation voters in the Hollywood Academy are too racist. It's it blows my mind, and they're not getting coached up. I'm gonna play a clip from a Extra an extra terrestrial named Rachel Zegler, who's allegedly a girl or woman, not sure though, because she does look like space alien. And she is the one who is famous for saying that snow White the original was cringe because snow White didn't really need to marry a prince, You really need to get a great job or something. And then they still cast her as snow White in a Snow White remake and it went very badly, so they had to keep delaying the release, and then eventually they came out and did very poorly. This was Disney who did this, so she's still out there, and she's now sounding somehow even stupider than she sounded before. Let us play cut eleven.
Speaker 4: When I was younger, my approach to beauty was a lot more shaped by what I was witnessing in big pieces of media. So it was who was on magazine covers, who was in the beauty commercials, who was in movies, and was considered like the most beautiful movie star at the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, so so far those of you were missing the visuals. It's just beyond irritating. But you can hear the way she talks. Could you imagine speaking to a family member at dinner table, or being in a work meeting, or even doing something where you're witnessing a presentation? Do you like it if I did this show like this? Would you think that my points are better if I make them like this? No, of course not. No one thinks that, And her handlers don't tell her that you sound really, really annoying and you've an annoying problem.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, most beautiful movie star at the time, it was definitely very eurocentric. As I was growing up and being a young Latina. That was hard because not a lot of people looked the way that I did, or they didn't have bushy eyebrows like I did, they didn't have dark eyes like I did. So as I've grown up, I've really been able to find it within myself, which is really nice.
Speaker 1: So we don't like bushy eyebrows, and we don't like people with dark eyes, and we don't like people who are LATINKX in nature in America. This is a person who's in her mid twenties. So I think People magazine gave j Lo the most Beautiful Woman in the World award like fifteen years ago, right around when she was growing up. A Sofia was the biggest star on TV on Modern Family. It's the I can't tell you how many people is we have embraced beautiful Latin women as a society for a very long time, and I'm just kind of stunned. I mean, you go back to Rita Moreno, you want to go back that far. It's just how many of you think of Sallamahayak as the sexist actress of all time? How long of a list do you need for this person to sound like a total idiot and she still goes out and she says this stuff. I think you can make a case that maybe Latin women are the most beloved in American cinema. They no, I never saw anyone who looked like me. Well, then, who are you thinking of.
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 1: Just the cringe level is beyond belief. And she says this stuff this bizarre magazine. It's a mainstream magazine. They can't stop doing this. They can't stop just completely standing on rakes and having to smack them in the face. I think that's great. I got one more clip that's somehow even more irritating. This is Jim Comey and now he's talking about Chiley's inner Beyonce. Yes, this is the guy behind so many of the hookses against Trump. Can we please play? My clip is cut nine.
Speaker 8: As FBI director, I would get briefed all the time on serious stuff, including operations or cases that always seemed to have these strange code names. One morning, I was sitting at the head of a big table in a crowded room to get briefed on a particular piece of work. The briefers started by saying the operation was code named sand Castles. Now this was twenty sixteen, and you may know that Beyonce's album Lemonade had come out then with a track called sand Castles. So I said, oh, like the Beyonce song, we built sand castles that washed away. Nope, nothing, dead.
Speaker 1: Silence, unbelievable. People were shocked of the FBI director of six foot nine huge Taylor Swifty, and he's a big swifty You guys might recall this. I had a great time talking about Comy's is a out and out swiftye and he really retreats his Taylor Swift music when he's feeling low, which is probably feeling low quite a bit. Is he one of the oddest people in American life? He is by a mile. But I just said, you know what, Beyonce not ethnic enough for Rachel Zegler. The most successful, maybe the performer of the century is thirty Grammys and a bunch of love from America. All right, that's it. That's today's show. Go in peace, love, and serve the Lord.