Speaker 1: Welcome to today's podcast sponsored by Hillsdale College, All Things Hillsdale at Hillsdale dot ed or I encourage you to take advantage of the many free online courses there, and of course I listen to the Hillsdale dialogues, all of them at HUE for Hillsdale dot com or just Google, Apple, iTunes and Hillsdale one hundred.
Speaker 2: Men.
Speaker 3: We'll test today little Tree.
Speaker 2: When the green Blue ray.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to here Hue Show. I guess Ho's Kurt Schlickter. Our next guest is Jim Hanson, President of World strat Middle East Forum Chief Strategists. Follow him at Jim Hanson d C. And, as you might guess from staffs, Sergent Barry Sandler's famous tune he used to be a Green Beret. He's Jim.
Speaker 4: How you doing?
Speaker 3: I am well?
Speaker 2: How about yourself?
Speaker 5: Kurt?
Speaker 3: I love the power of technology that lets you transmit on video from the back of your luxurious camper which has been parked in my front yard before. Do you have this?
Speaker 2: It's a blessing.
Speaker 3: I have the cats.
Speaker 2: They are part of the scenery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys, they are incredible cats. And why we are talking about immigrants today in part these cats are safe from being eaten because, take my word for it, you do not want to You do not want to make a play to make lunch out of one of Jim's cats.
Speaker 6: You just know.
Speaker 2: Sam Samantha would be the one who might take the.
Speaker 3: Person who tried that out. And of course Samantha is the young paratrooper, has more jumps than I do. But then again, because of everybody. But anyway, Jim, I just wanted to ask, when are you and I going to start our daycare center?
Speaker 7: I was telling Dwayne in the break, I've got my random name generator doing spreadsheet and spreadsheet of kids'.
Speaker 2: Names, you know, and I'm just and at this point you could use just scrabble.
Speaker 7: Words because I don't think they have it even be English, you know, it just random collections of five and eight word you know, collections of nothing.
Speaker 3: Well, look, you and I both served in the federal government in a military capacity. How surprised are you that the federal government has screwed up so massively?
Speaker 2: I am absolutely unstunned.
Speaker 7: And I think the horrifying thing is, you know people were talking about, is Doze making this stuff up? You know, they're saying, oh, we found billions, billions, billions everywhere they looked, you know, they found billions of dollars missing, and Doze was barely covering the ash tray change of the great corruption that's been going on. But think about this, the budget will probade balance itself. If whoever catch all these scumbags.
Speaker 3: Well that would be nice. Now, I specifically said the federal government was screwing up. I did not say that the state of Michigan has screwed up, because I don't think they screwed up. I think this is a feature, not a bug in their eyes.
Speaker 7: Oh and and remember Minnesota to Tim Waltz, that guy posts solen valor poser. You know, he's done everything and though he may have given away going to classified information on a nuclear capable Howitzer to the chacoms.
Speaker 2: One of his money visits there. I think you're absolutely.
Speaker 7: Right that there was a plan to take government money, funnel it through NGOs, and send it right back to Democrat causes and candidates. And that again may be a blessing as we stop that we may be able to have fair elections.
Speaker 3: Well I'm not going to hold my breath about the potential for fair elections. I just don't think that's in the cards anytime soon. But you've got to wonder if they can't manage things like, you know, not losing nine billion dollars, how are they guaranteeing the elections are fair? And do they actually want to have elections? My guess is they don't.
Speaker 7: No. I think the fun part of this Okay, Act Blue was the big Democrat machine for taking money in and funneling get the candidates.
Speaker 2: And now they found out that.
Speaker 7: Those guys weren't even checking credit cards to make sure they were valid, So.
Speaker 2: We know they were funneling foreign money.
Speaker 7: We know they were illegally giving more money to multiple candidates than they were allowed to by making up straw donors.
Speaker 2: And then they were using the entire.
Speaker 7: Federal government and all of our tax money as the big funnel at the top to push that into So I love unraveling this. I think it's perfect. I think it's a great way for us to move into the new Golden age is let's stop the old corrupt Democrat money machine age.
Speaker 3: Well, look, you and I in the military are both taught to seek out the enemy's weak point, and I think we may have stumbled on it, which is the massive funding through direct corruption and just access spending of the entire left through the federal government. I mean, this is a giant payoff to the Democrat party. They are locking down the Somali community vote, which will have being like ninety nine percent Democrat and they have no and since most of its federal money. Once I hell to the people the Democrats in Minnesota care, they don't.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: And the thing is, there's two things about that that are outrageous.
Speaker 2: Number One, Somalia has been either the number one or.
Speaker 7: Number two most corrupt country since anybody's been keeping track of this stuff.
Speaker 2: So importing large groups and.
Speaker 7: Then don't spread them out, no, put eighty thousand of them in one small place so they can form their own corruptocrat state right there, and then have weak Democrats who are both scared of them and also enabling them to allow that to get worse, and then allow that to be the model they've used in every other place where Democrats have control. Is they look at the government as a piggy bank for their stuff. And we are now on the cusp of shutting a bunch of that down, and we just absolutely have to throw some people in prison over this, and let's just hope.
Speaker 2: You know, I have faith. I think we're going to see that.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope so too. I understand the fence a wandering around the Somali community. And you got to understand when you say that Somalia is the most corrupt country in the world, this is a globe that includes Nigeria and Ukraine, right, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, it's impressive.
Speaker 7: The only people they got passed by South Sudan recently, so they were only number two out of one year run at number one.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, but you got to look at that.
Speaker 7: And now as we look at if we are going to allow any immigrants in at all, I think it's fair to say the bottom ten to twenty most corrupt countries on Earth don't qualify for any visa's refugee status, none of it.
Speaker 2: Nobody from those countries comes in because.
Speaker 7: Their entire culture is built around corruption, theft, stealing and tribal beefs.
Speaker 2: We don't need to import that. That's just stupid.
Speaker 3: Well, look, I think before people vote on immigration numbers for any sech groups, they be forced to watch Blackhawk down.
Speaker 7: You know, there was this Somali guy who was making a TikTok and he's like, Oh, you beef with one Somali, you beef with all the Somalies. I'm like, dude, did you do the math on the Battle of Mogadishu, which was Blackhawk Down? Because we lost eighteen kias and we stopped counting at a thousand Somali dead. So if you want to play that game in Minneapolis, the Battle of Minneapolis will not go your way. There's a lot of hunters there who will make your life miserable.
Speaker 3: Well, what people don't remember about Blackhawk Down is why they brought Michael Durant back to the Americans so quickly, because the American said, we're coming to get him, and we're coming. We're coming air, sea, and land, and not their power for some holy people. The fact is this is great for conservatives because it fully discredits the welfare state and it fully discredits the immigration paradigm. How do you think this is going to play out over the next six months. We got about our next twelve months In twenty twenty six, we got about thirty seconds.
Speaker 7: Look, dude, the the inflation numbers and the GDP numbers say Trump was right about the economy.
Speaker 2: Yep, tariffs didn't kill us. He's bringing business home.
Speaker 7: The people going back to work, government workers are going home, and employable US citizens, not immigrants, are getting jobs. That's going to play out, and that's going to remind people to stop bringing in the rest of the Third world, employ our own people, and manufacture in the US the winning cause.
Speaker 3: Ah from your mouth to God's here. I'm Kirt Schlector, guest host for the Great Hugh Hewittt. Stick around. We got a lot more. Thing I love when I guesses for Hugh Hewittt is I get to bring on interesting people. And now I'm bringing you one of my favorites from this world because he's a really cool guy. Loves uh, loves zangku chicken, and he can't doubt anybody who loves Zanku chicken. He's also always interesting. His name is Michael Malice. He's an author. His most recent book is The White Pill, A Tale of Good and Evil, and he is the host of the Your Welcome podcast Why Oh You Are, a podcast that I play on repeat during my drives between Los Angeles and California with my lovely bride, who also adores Michael Malice. Michael, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Well, Kurt, as a fellow author, you know, the word interesting is always a euphemism for something bad.
Speaker 8: Not me.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm very linear. I'm the most I'm the most straight edged guy in the world. You, on the other hand, you are kind of a You're not a conservative, you're not a right winger, You're just sort of a You're sort of an imp. You you spread chaos and joy, and you identify as an anarchist, And I'm wondering, as an anarchist, are you strutting around like the cock of a walk watching the government humiliate itself?
Speaker 6: Is no, because I would be if the government humiliation led more people to be skeptical of government.
Speaker 9: But I feel like we're taking a very dark.
Speaker 6: Turn in America, and not to mention, what's the world where people are much more comfortable with totalitarianism and authoritarianism. So I think this idea a lot of us had during COVID that people are waking up.
Speaker 9: Well, there's a very low ceiling and how many people are going to wake up?
Speaker 6: And I'm seeing what's happening in Minnesota, I'm seeing what's happening.
Speaker 9: In the UK.
Speaker 6: It's it's it's I'm not striding around at all.
Speaker 3: Well, I would think, and again I'm a linear guy. I would think that watching the government demonstrate it's apps ineptitude, if not active malice. If you're pardon the expression, by importing a bunch of third worlders who have no intention of assimilating into society, and I'm pro immigrant, you are an immigrant, if I remember correctly, and then looting the public troth, I would think that people would look at that and go, you know, maybe I ought to rethink some of my preconceived notions. Are you saying that they're digging in?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 9: Of course.
Speaker 6: Do you really think that if Tim Waltz went for reelection today, he wouldn't win. Keith Ellison is much worse than him. You know, there were all those charges against him, not legal charges, but political claims against him by his ex wife and so on and so forth.
Speaker 9: He got elected.
Speaker 6: So I don't think people, if you look at Kevin Newsom, he couldn't get recalled.
Speaker 9: He got re elected. He's got to high approval ratings. People don't learn.
Speaker 6: People are much more interested in narratives than in truth. And if they're being told the choice is between being like a white supremacist and evil.
Speaker 9: You want to kill Grandma, and I'm.
Speaker 6: A friendly neighbor. Of course you're going to pick a friendly neighbor. So that's how the framing is being set forward. And of course they're doubling down. It's it's I don't see any evidence at all that Minnesota is becoming skeptical immigration.
Speaker 3: Uh let's let's let's cross the ocean for a second and look at Europe. You have the British people. The British government is arresting people for saying things. I literally went and defended Europe. I spent years there as a soldier, willing to die to stop the Soviet Union from overtaking these little democracies. And in in Germany, you know, you call a fat legislator fat, and you know the local Gestapo is going to start pounding on your door. What the hell do we make of that?
Speaker 6: It's a lot easier now to speak German than English in Britain, isn't it. Because if you're saying the wrong thing in English, you're gonna arrested. But I think if you say in German you're gonna get by.
Speaker 9: But the point is that people want this they're more than happy.
Speaker 6: There's no there's not even protests in this very kind of innocuous way. Let's have a march, or let's form some groups. And the only thing they had was they were putting up the flags. How much for people to realize it was a form of protests in the UK to put up the British flag, like how far can a country have fallen? We're putting your flag on your own property is seen as an emblem of defiance. It's almost impossible for us trapper heads around here in the US well.
Speaker 3: As my mother, who was the daughter of a Scottish immigrant said when she assessed Europe, all the good ones left, and I think a lot of them left, and I think a lot of them bled out on the Psalm, and I think a lot of them bled out in World War Two. And what you have left is a bunch of a bunch of slackers who are living to earn their pension. Maybe take a vacation to a visa once in a while and then focus on the Eurovision Song contest instead of you know, being real human beings.
Speaker 9: I had count Dankel on my show.
Speaker 6: He's a Scottish podcaster and he was telling me that the Scots don't teach Scottish pride in their schools and Scotland, which is a small area, and the amount of cultural impact the Scots have on the world enormous, insanely, just before shows enormous.
Speaker 9: You would think of all places.
Speaker 6: The Scots would be like, I'm proud of being Scottish and here's the receipts and they don't even have that. I can't wrap my head around it. In the same way, I was wondering how Canada, which is a very inhospitable environment built for frontiersmen and people who could have survived drug conditions, have now become a nation of sway beta coox.
Speaker 9: I don't know how this happened. Someone made the.
Speaker 6: Point that all the good ones were killed in the Wars, like you just kind of alluded to maybe there's something to that.
Speaker 9: But I find love. I used to love Canada.
Speaker 6: The Canada of today is to me recognizable of the Canada of the eighties.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The thing is, I do think there's room for hope. Donald Trump was reelected, and one of the things about Donald Trump is he kind of blew through all this nonsense. He is a flat out I love America. I love stuff about America. I want America big and bold and vulgar, and Americans should be big in bold and vulgar. And then you got you got outposts like Florida with you, got Ron DeSantis doing great things. Texas is coming along. Of course. I have a house out there now, and I know you're a resident. You DeCamp New York. Do you think there's hope.
Speaker 9: Oh, I think there's a lot of hope.
Speaker 6: But I don't think America is anything analogous to Canada or the UK. And I think if you look what happened Rodenham with what was happening to young girls for a long period of time by hundreds of men and with full knowledge of the authorities and the politicians, and.
Speaker 9: No one's doing anything about it.
Speaker 6: There's no one is, you know, taking what I would call direct action or things like that. To me unfathomable because I think Americans when they hear about there's lots of lines you can cross. But when you're talking about things being done to kids, it's like all right, time for conversations over like it's time to raise that black flag, and they're not even that upset. When I can't empathize with someone's thought process. I don't know what to say because the effectively alien to my thinking.
Speaker 3: I you know, you look at some of the things that they embrace. They tolerate the mass rape of children, which is what you're referring to in England. And it wasn't the seat.
Speaker 9: Hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 6: It's not just that word. It's torture as well. Yes, they were being violated like baseball bats. They were beaten, they were drugged. It's even worse than what you just said, which you think is the worst thing.
Speaker 3: And then the mutilation of children to conform to the delusion, so they're munchials and mommies. There are people who and I, you know, I want to keep it. I don't want to scandalize people, but we need to say what it is castrating perfectly healthy boys to make them into a simul arkram of a girl when they are obviously not. This is caligular levels. Actually, I want to give Caligula more. Caligula, you know, who made his horse a console and tried to marry his sister, would be repelled and disgusted and send these guys to the coliseum to be consumed by lions. If they proposed this when you're not meeting Caligula's standards, ear civilization is well problematic.
Speaker 6: Well, I my understanding is the UK they've heavily pushed back on that thanks to old school feminists and.
Speaker 9: People like JK. Rowling.
Speaker 6: So at least the kids in this one area are safe from those kind of surgeries and medications and good. But what's insane to me is, Kurt, you and I both saw on social media for several years every conservative constantly twenty four to seven talking about this stuff with kids, and then Trump got elected and everyone just pretended he went away. It's still happening in Mendy States. Newsom is still bragging about in California, and I wish the conversation would go back to that.
Speaker 3: Well, Michael, we we've gotta we've gotta leave it there, But thank you for coming on. That's Michael Malice. Check out the Your Welcome podcast.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 3: We got a lot more to come. On The Hugh Hewitt Show, I'm guess host Kurt Schlickter, Stick around, go the Bow.
Speaker 9: It sounds hellas.
Speaker 3: We are back on the hu Huge Show. I'm guess host Kurt Schlichter. I promised Mike next guest Batcha on gar Saga star gon Uh News Nation host and writer. You you've seen her and heard her, and she's great. I promised her a terrific song to introduce her, and London Calling is not only one of my favorite tunes, it has to do with some of my questions. Batcha, Welcome to the Hugh Hewite Show.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 3: What a great song? Say say excellent. I love to be validated. Kip is well, look and there's a there's some method behind my madness here, Batcha. You're prominently wearing a Star of David, but you would not be safe walking down the streets in London. You would not be safe necessarily walking down the streets in Sydney, and to America's shame, maybe not in the city of New York or other major cities. Is what is causing this disgraceful resurgence of the ancient prejudice of anti Semitism around the world, or at least around the West.
Speaker 10: Well, I do have to I think disagree a little bit. I live in New York. I walk around like this all the time. I always feel safe. I think it's a little bit of a smear on our homeland to suggest that we're in the same league as London or Europe or Australia. This country has always been very, very protective of Jews, and I believe it remains so. I think most of the online adjuta around my people is you know, manufactured by a few you know, very unimpressive accounts who have it turns out very international followings. So I really feel pretty strongly that America is still the homeland for the Jews who live here in a very strong way. Thank you for your service in protecting it and keeping it that way. And I do have to say I feel smug about it, Like I'm not just like I believe this, but I just feel smug about it, Like I look down on Europe for a lot of reasons, but this is top of the reasons.
Speaker 3: Well. Look, I look down on Europe too because I spent four years over there in the military, and I well, I appreciate you thanking me for my service. I was a colonel. I literally did nothing except drink coffee and run a heavily armed car watch. But it does make me happy Batcha to hear you say that you don't feel especially threatened in the United States because the impression I get watching the ugliness out on the streets, especially after October seventh, watching the ugliest among some who are allegedly on the right, and I'm not sure they're actually on the but I think they get left lumped over with us because they're not on the left. You know, I worry about my Jewish friends. I worry that somebody's going to try and hurt them, and I urge them to take advantage of are a wonderful second Amendment, which many of them have.
Speaker 10: I mean, I so appreciate hearing that.
Speaker 11: It means a lot.
Speaker 10: Of course, there has been a resurgence of anti Semitism among some of the influencers on the right. They make a lot of noise online, but I was very hardened by recent finding. There was a poll that found that the majority of Nick Fuentes, Candice Owens, and Tucker Carlson's audience is still pro Israel, meaning they're listening to them and it's like going in one year and coming out the other. And that just put a big smile on my face because that's my experience too. I think a lot of people who listen to this stuff. They listen to it because it's funny or amusing or, in you know Tucker's case, a legacy act. Perhaps you know something that they're using, But that doesn't mean that they're sort of listening to it and agreeing with it or getting their opinions from it. I think that what happened was the media got woke and left, and so this very you know, robust right wing online media sphere developed that didn't have the same sort of gatekeeping as the left wing media. But I think that the consumers know that. I think that when they read something or they hear something that they see on the internet, I think most Americans don't think, oh wow, that's true, that's terrible. I think most Americans think, oh wow, I wonder if that is true, because they're using their brains. Because this is the greatest country on earth, then they have great brains. So I feel like things are pretty much okay. I mean, I don't want to talk about the left. That's obviously like a mess and a disaster, but I think buying large the vast majority of Americans are still on our side.
Speaker 3: I had an article in town Hall today which was titled can you feel the vibe shift. And my contention is in the last few weeks, despite a few unfour starers, things have started turning back. Around six months ago, things are going great with the Trump administration, then it slowed down. I think it's inevitable that you have peaks and valleys, but I think they start picking up with the economic news, and I gotta tell you a botcha, I'm looking forward to twenty twenty six. I think our country is going to come roaring back, especially with our two hundred and fiftieth anniversary, with the economy kicking up, with the American military getting back to what it was. What do you think I am I off base about the vibe shift?
Speaker 10: Oh no, I totally agree. And as one of the very few people who was defending the tariffs fulsomely from day one, I feel really smug, like I feel some type of way about the fact that people called me a moron and low IQ and whatever.
Speaker 11: For a year.
Speaker 10: It turns out like, Wow, look at this economy and it's only getting better and better. So not only do I feel happy and excited for the country, but I feel happy and excited for myself because all my haters turned out to be wrong, and there are a few feelings that are that good.
Speaker 3: Well, look, I like lording it over people I've proven wrong. Occasionally, that happens, not very often. I think the terror thing's very interesting because I, you know, I had some questions about it, but I realized, particularly since I went to the War College and we talk about different elements of national power, that the terrors weren't purely economic power. It was American power across the spectrum to reset our relationships with the rest of the world. And if you look what's happening to NATO, we're resetting the post war relationships and there's trouble and back to London, calling in London, in Berlin and even Paris. Though the French or the French, I think a lot of these countries are a little stunned that the America is reevaluating its role, which is largely subsidizing them in treasure and blood that it's had for the last eighty years.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the Democrats are very, very worried that the rest of the world is not going to like us anymore. And it's so amazing to have an administration that's kind of like, yeah, that's the point. They were fleecing us and abusing us and taking advantage of us. And we were subsidizing all their craft, and we're not doing that anymore. We're subsidizing our craft.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 10: It's so amazing, And like that would have been good enough, you know, as the Jews say, like Diano, you know that would have been enough. But like he did that, and then every single one of those world leaders that the Democrats were like on their knees begging for approval from came and bent the need to Trump, right, like every single one of them came and begged him for crumbs.
Speaker 3: Well, look, if you've got power, you should use it. You should use it for good, which Donald Trump I think is doing. But you should use it. We're under no obligation to submit to our inferiors, our inferiors being everybody else I've courched selector thank you bout younger Sargon of news Nation. Stick around. We got a lot more to it. Just bring on interesting people with inside info. And no one's more interesting and inside than my next guest, who is the CEO of American Majority, My pal ned Ryan with a you Ned, welcome to you you it's.
Speaker 12: Right, Thanks Kurt. Good to be with you.
Speaker 3: Oh, by the way, you can see his book American Leviathan behind him. I strongly recommend you get that and read that. It is near my bed too, A very select group of books. So ned you talk to everybody, you know everybody. You're a mover and shaker in the deep dark background. Tell me what do you think's going to happen in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 12: Many wonderful and interesting things, Kurt.
Speaker 5: Now, I think twenty twenty six is going to be, especially about the midterms.
Speaker 12: It's going to be about three different things.
Speaker 5: I think in my mind at least three affordability and healthcare. And I've told Potus this, We're not going to win on running against socialism or foreign policy, even though I really like what he's doing on the foreign policy front and love the resurrection of the Monroe doctrine.
Speaker 12: It's going to be about affordability and healthcare. How are we going to make the lives of the American people better?
Speaker 5: A We're going to make their lives better on the front, grocery front, on gas front, all of these things that they'll be able to field in their pockets by the summer.
Speaker 12: And I like the trends. Kurt on this front, I like where we're headed.
Speaker 5: Obviously, they just upgraded the third quarter of this year up to four point three percent. I think the fourth quarter is going to probably be in that same neighborhood, and I think we're gonna have some really strong quarters in the first and second of twenty twenty six. I encourage him to keep on producing domestic oil. He's already increased our domestic production by about a million barrels a day since he came into office.
Speaker 12: Drives down costs, drives down cost of products, groceries, all of these things.
Speaker 5: The other thing, too, that is going to be critical for us in twenty six is Trump actually playing.
Speaker 12: A real role in getting his voters out.
Speaker 5: Kurt. I think there's a dynamic that people need to be aware of if you've been paying attention.
Speaker 12: We don't live in two thousand and four two.
Speaker 5: Thousand and eight, and with Republicans hope for low turnout and able to be able to win elections in the Trump era, has to be high turnout elections for Republicans to win, and the man that can bring them out is Donald Trump. He is, of course not on the ballot, but his agenda and his policies are, and he's already committed to obviously doing a series of rallies. I hope that he'll probably spend three to one hundred million from Maggot Inc. I think he's going to have to make that kind of investment. So Trump's gonna have to play a significant role in the midterms to bring his people to the polls to vote for Republicans, to make sure that his agenda continues down the right path. And the last thing I'll say is this, I think Republicans are going to have to commit to like we did in twenty four into increasing the absencey ballot universe and key congressional districts. We have to run up the numbers on voter registration. I think we've got a golden opportunity in a lot of different battleground states where they are overlapping with key house districts in twenty six that'll pay out from twenty eight. So you know, if you were to ask me right now the midterms were in January, I think we lose. But they're in November of next year, and I like the trends and I think we're going to be a pretty good spot. The last thing I'll say, is this the fourth one?
Speaker 12: I missed one?
Speaker 5: I think we're gonna win the redistricting battles by twelve thirteen seats, and I think people need to be watching in January to see what Scotus does with Louisiana versus Kalay decision. If they make it early enough in January, that could be six plus seats in addition to the ones.
Speaker 12: We went and redistricting.
Speaker 5: So I'm kind of bullish with the midterms in November. Thank god they're in November and not in January.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a lot to address, but let's let's stick with the last point redistricting. We saw what happened in Indiana. What the hell was that? And how can we put some vitamin T for testosterone into some of these some of these Republican eunuchs.
Speaker 12: It's shameful what happened Indiana. I really view them as traders to the party.
Speaker 5: Quite frankly, curtiphiles to continue down that path, traders to the Republic because they don't seem to understand what time it is. You're not dealing with your granddaddy's Democratic Party, dealing with a Marxist left in which I've said this many times.
Speaker 12: I'll say it again.
Speaker 5: The way that this end Kerts is we either submit to them or they submit to us. We rule them or they rule us. That's the only way this ends with the Marxist left. And for Republicans the state senators in Indiana to fail like they did is shameful. I hope every last one of them gets a primary challenge. I hope that they're actually all run of office. I think Cam Savage, the consultant that was behind it, I hope that he is blacklisted.
Speaker 12: In Republican circles.
Speaker 5: And even more so, I'm pretty sure that Todd Young, Republican center out of Indiana also, his fingerprints are somewhere in this whole mess in Indiana. I hope he gets a primary challenge in twenty twenty eight and Trump endorses that primary challenger.
Speaker 3: Well, look, I think it's important that as somebody crossed as you, you knock them on their fourth point of contact. I mean, net, do you agree with me that one of the main problems with the Republican Party now is so many of these politicians consult hangars on somehow managed to grow up never getting in a fist fight.
Speaker 5: I will say this the thing that I have noticed being in DC for the last man. It's crazy to say this twenty five years. Jeez, Republicans, I know inability to fight. I came when I was ten years old, just sort of clear, I'm still very young inability to fight. And they don't know what to do with political power when it's given to them. And this is the one thing where Donald Trump is such a refreshing figure in Republican politics because when he gets political power, he intends to use that political power, because that's why the American people gave him political power, is to actually use it. And too many Republicans in DC want to turn around the edges. They want to be in charge and have cool careers. Donald Trump, really, I do believe, wants to bring fundamental change to DC and wants to restore representative governments. And that's one of the reasons a lot of establishment Republicans hate him. First of all, he shames them, and two, they're not really interested in us restoring representative government. They're kind of they're pretty happy with the way things.
Speaker 12: Are right now.
Speaker 3: Well, look, I think afflicting the comfortable is something that we as a Republican activists should do. Let's let's look ahead to twenty twenty eight, because I want to pick your brain. It looks like a clear runway for JD. Vance. But as I'm going to write in town Hall soon, I love JD. Vance, which is why I want him to be in a hardcore primary fight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep, No, I think right now he's in the driver's seat. I think that's pretty obvious. I think the midterms are going to be a big, big test for him as well, though. I mean, he's the RNC finance chair, so is he going to be successful in raising the funds necessary for us to hold on to the House. Pretty confident about the Senate. If we lose a Senate, the House is going to be a total disaster. But you know it's JD go to be successful as the RNC finance chair. If he is, I think that really does set him up to be the front runner for the twenty twenty eight nomination. Again, let's also be honest about this. Curtis also the Trump sweepstakes. Whoever Trump endorses I think the clear cut favorite to be the nominee. But you know, you're right, I love JD. I think JD's got a great team around him. I wouldn't mind a little bit of a primary challenge just to kick the tires and refine their campaign going into a general. I have seen just being in Virginia. Let me make a quick point here about Virginia the gubernatorial campaign. There was a complete and total disaster here in which Winsome Seers got obliterated, took down all the other state wides, and the House of Delegates we lost.
Speaker 12: Whatever we're at, we.
Speaker 5: Almost have a super majority now with Democrats. She should have had a primary challenge, and Youngkin went out of his way to endorse her early on to prevent a primary. A primary would have benefited us here in Virginia. Kicked the tires on Winsome Seers campaign, which was miserable or gotten as a stronger candidate. So I'm generally of the opinion you should have a primary of some sort just to refine the campaign, kick the tires, get everybody clicking on all cylinders. But that'll say, I think JD is the odds on favorite to be the twenty twenty eight nominee, and I'm actually quite happy with that.
Speaker 3: Look, you hear gossip, you hear rumors. You think we're going to see a Supreme Court justice or to retire next summer.
Speaker 5: Maybe the rumors are not really floating around that much about retirements on the Supreme Court. I haven't heard anything that's kind of gone to the top of my raid on radar on that front. But I would love it if Trump got one or two more picks to make sure that we have the Supreme Court for a very long time. Just I mean, this is the one thing, Kurt, that I think will be one of Trump's greatest triumphs when it's all said and done. The Supreme Court that he is restructured and I hope continues to restructure will exist long after he is gone. And it has provided us a massive backstop to the left. And it has also provided us the ability to, I think, really start to deconstruct the administrative state, in which you've seen some pretty important decisions in the last year or two with Trump's Supreme Court starting to really kick at the foundations of the state, and I think that's a fantastic thing.
Speaker 3: Well, happy new year, Ned Ryan, CEO of American Majority. I'm guess has Kurt Schlichter, We've got a lot more to go to stick around. We're back on the here you att radio program and uh that's uh, that's Kansas with carry on my wayward Son, the perfect intro song for my friend Carrie Pickett of the Washington Times. She's the White House correspondence. Hi Carrie, how are you doing.
Speaker 13: I'm doing great? Thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: Kurt.
Speaker 3: Well, look, I uh yeah, big story out there, some Molly corruption and it's spreading all over the country. You're at the White House. How's President Trump and his administration going to deal with this?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, Kurt.
Speaker 13: The interesting thing here is that they have several avenues to really hit at this. The first avenue is the political aspect of it, where they can go through the House over Sight community, where you have Chairman James Comer who is investigating it, and they can figure that they can start looking towards it and start looking at the Governor of Minnesota as well as other high ranking officials, and ultimately, if they find any sort of criminal wrongdoing, ultimately they can start looking towards criminal referrals towards the Justice Department. On the legal aspect of it, which is where you have a lot of interest in. You already have cash Pattel and you also have the Justice Department as well, who are looking to charge several individuals, and they have been several individuals who have already have been charged. And see how many within the Somali community who could ultimately go to a prison on this. And you also have a Homeland Security Department, whether or not you'll see how many Somali individuals who could possibly be deported on this. So there's a whole Morgesborg of the administration who could have their hands in this.
Speaker 3: Kurt Well, Carrie Pickett, I, I, you know, I obviously have to do a legal investigation. But you know, if you throw this over to the house and put in another thing on their plate, you know, it kind of smacks of the Well, we're going to form a Blue Ribbon commission. If there's anything I have ever heard that requires a truth social post from Donald Trump, it is you know, Nick Shirley's one hundred and ten million viewed a video where Trump ought to retweet that and say, hey, look at what's going on. Look at what you know Tim Waltz did, look at look at the guy that that Kamala Harris picked her to her VP nominee. I think this is a political hammer, and I think they ought to start swinging it.
Speaker 13: But think about this, Kurt, this didn't just open things up in Minnesota. It also opened things up in Maine, for example, right, the other state that also took in many individuals within the Somali community who came in here under pretty suspicious means. And it's not just the Somali community, it's also other countries that came in very similar circumstances many many years ago and then took advantage of the particular very generous welfare state within the United States. And look, you have Minnesota, which has a very Scandinavian welfare system that was taken advantage of to the nth degree. And then unfortunately, now here we have Governor Walls who said, oh, well, you know, now I have a reform program that's going to fix all the fraud system. Well, now you're just saying this after the fact when you essentially got caught because previously there are whistleblowers who are apparently threatened if they even stepped forward with this information.
Speaker 3: Kurt, Well Cherry, I just think it's a missed opportunity if Trump doesn't make this a personal political issue, because it cuts at the Democrat assumptions of immigration, and it cuts at the Democrat assumptions of the welfare state. It's a win win. You know, you can be ridiculous like Tim Waltz and stamfall Well, I'd say it's a white supremacy to look at Somali daycare fraud. Normal people, even normal Democrats, that look at and go, you know, I didn't sign in for a bunch of guys fresh off the boat from Mogadishu ripping us off to the tuna eight billion dollars. I didn't do that. I think it's a very powerful opportunity and I would like to see Donald Trump not miss it.
Speaker 13: That's actually a very good point there, because for many, many years you had people who did not want to talk about this because they weren't scared that they were going to be called a racist. But I think we have stepped way beyond that now, Kurt, because you have many people who are sick and tired of getting ripped off. Donald Trump sort of put that confidence behind them, and now they.
Speaker 2: Where they've seen like thin.
Speaker 13: GK about this for a second. You have the Somalian GDP, which is about what twelve billion dollars and at this point, they know that at least nine billion dollars has been defrauded off the federal taxpayer. I mean, that's absolutely ridiculous. And once people are told that, that's something where people if they're told, well, well.
Speaker 9: You're a racist.
Speaker 13: We even talking about this, like no, no, no, no, you're a thief for even taking our money. So come on now please.
Speaker 3: Oh. Carrie Pickett from the Washington Times, she recently had a article on how the Trump White House and its press team we're going to confront the regime media. Can you tell us about that big scoop because I thought it was fascinating.
Speaker 13: Yes, this is very interesting because you have Hugh recall when President Trump first came to office in twenty seventeen, he thought that perhaps because he has been in the media going back to the nineteen seventies, he always had a very friendly sort of relationship, and he thought that perhaps that would continue even though they were sort of surprise when he went to the White House it was a very hostile media. I spoke with Sean Spicer, his first White House Press secretary, as well as Caroline Levitt, his present press secretary, and Sewn Spicer was like, we were shocked as to how hostile they were, and we were told that we had to conform to the traditional way that White House pre secretaries always did things, and at first we did, but then we sort of changed things up. But by the time they changed things up, it was already sort of too late because they were always on defense. By the time you had Caroline Levitt come in this time around, it was like, no, now we're going to have things done our way. We're going to have more conservative media in there to make sure that we are covered more fairly. They ended up bringing back more media passes, which is about as our passes, about five hundred media passes where are brought back, you see more conservative media and there they actually track down reporters on online like a social media such as x and Facebook, et cetera, et cetera, and they tracked the bouncing you were wrong here, how dare you do this? They are much more aggressive, and you see that in the briefing room. You see that on X It's and you see Caroline Levitt really following in the footsteps of her predecessor, Keilly mckin any, making sure that she calls out reporters who they feel are covering them incorrectly.
Speaker 3: Do you see any improvement by the mainstream regime media towards fair coverage of the Trump administration two point zero? Or are they continue going down the path that got them to this place in the first place. You got about thirty seconds.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, because certain reporters are no longer there anymore. It seems like they are treading a little more carefully, especially because the AP no longer has their special access where they're able to be there all the time in a lot of the pool events anymore. They're no longer trying to get their way with the with the with the Trump should we say comms people, Let's just say they are treating them a little more fairly, but still at the same time, they're also trying to sneak around them a little more often. So let's just say it's just a different media.
Speaker 3: Well, Kerrie pick Out of the Washington Times, the White House Correspondent, thank you for joining me on the Hugh Hewitt Show. I'm Kurt Schlichter, sticking around.
Speaker 1: We got a lot more to come Christmas shopping time. Are you feeling a little bit pinched? Well, if you make a switch to consumer cellular, add some stretch to your budget. Consumersellult dot com slash Hugh one eight hundred four to one one forty four fifty four. Now listen, do not fall for the phone on us Big Wireless offer.
Speaker 4: That phone is not free.
Speaker 1: Typically, the most expensive phone you ever buy is the free phone that you get with Big Sellure, look at the actual costs of that plan, the length of the contract before you get locked into what could be one thousand dollars mistake. Right now, for limited time only, you get the second month of service with Consumer Cellular for free when you use my promo code q Hugh or visit Consumer Cellular dot com slash hugh.
Speaker 4: It'll be automatic.
Speaker 1: But if you call one eight hundred four to one one forty four fifty four and mention Hugh, you get that second month free. And here's something my listeners who are fifty.
Speaker 4: And older will love.
Speaker 1: Two unlimited lines of data two for just sixty dollars. That's only thirty dollars per line unlimited data. It's an easy way to manage your cost of living. It is the best deal allow out there called one eight hundred and four fifty four. Be sure to use my promo code Hugh welcome back in America. I'm Hugh Hewett. I'm reminding everyone Angel Tree is underway. We only have a couple of weeks left to get as many presents to as many children who have a parent in prison as possible. Angel Tree is sponsored by Prison Fellowship with we welcome on the show every year because they're so good at what they do, which is bring Christmas to children who have mom and or dad in prison. They find a present that the child wants, they buy it, they get it to the kid, along with a note from mom or dad, a Bible, and a connection to a ministry that could change their lives. Really, the best thirty dollars you can spend, best sixty dollars or ninety It taught. It takes about thirty dollars to take care of the present, the Bible, the visit, all that stuff. It's one of the most effective ministries in America. Please be as generous as possible. Head over to hughewittt dot com and find at the top of the website the banner for Angel treat Or you can call Triple eight two O six twenty seven sixty four Triple eight two O six twenty seven sixty four Christmas shopping time. Are you feel a little bit pinched? Well, if you make a switch to Consumer Cellular, you may add some stretch to your budget. Consumer Cellular dot Com slash hugh one eight hundred four to one one forty four fifty four. Now listen, do not fall for the phone on us Big Wireless offer.
Speaker 4: That phone is not free.
Speaker 1: Typically, the most expensive phone you ever buy is the free phone that you get with Big Cellure. Look at the actual costs of that plan, the length of the contract before you get locked into what could be one thousand dollars mistake. Right now, for limited time only, you get the second month of service with Consumer Cellular for free when you use my promo code Q hugh or visit Consumer Cellular dot Com slash Q.
Speaker 4: It'll be automatic.
Speaker 1: But if you call one eight hundred four to one one forty four fifty four and mention Q, you get that second month free. And here's something my listeners who are fifty and older will love.
Speaker 4: Two unlimited lines.
Speaker 1: Of data two for just sixty dollars. That's only thirty dollars per line unlimited data. It's an easy way to manage your cost of living. It is the best deal out there called one eight hundred and four fifty four.
Speaker 4: Be sure to use my promo code, Hugh.
Speaker 14: Pret your little gospel sall A couple of bottle stuff.
Speaker 3: Well we got we got some great buffer music to UH to talk about what's going on in UH in Minnesota. Gypsy's tramps and thieves. We got a lot of thieves up there. But look, don't get cynical. Don't get to the point where you don't care about other people, where you think that everything is a lie and a scam. It's not Angel Tree. Okay. First of all, a colonel I stepped up and I submit I took one of my paychecks for this gig because I'm known it four times. I gave it to Angel Tree. Because I don't want to tell you to do something that I'm not willing to do. What I want to do is say thanks to everyone who joined our hu Hewett Show Angel Tree Christmas campaign through our friends at the nonprofit Prison Fellowship. Together, just on this show, we blessed over four thousand boys and girls who had a mom or dad in prison with a very special Christmas Morning. If you missed our show last Friday, the day after Christmas. Received this call from a woman named Kathy, who knows very well the impact of folks like you from all over the country.
Speaker 15: I myself was in prison for four years and Angel Tree never failed. My kid's got a gift from me every year, and I am so thankful for that. Everybody that's donating, you're donating to a great cause. You really are, because these kids go through so much, which is nothing is their fault, but will think funny things sometimes though mom's in prison because we did something bad. It's a great organization and I'm happy to put whatever extra money I might have into it.
Speaker 3: And here's the really great news. Prison Fellowships doesn't stop at Christmas. It goes on year round with things like Angel Tree Sports Camp and Angel Tree Summer Camps for kids. If you still like to help and score a year in text deduction, our website huewitt dot com has an Angel cree clear an Angel Tree banner right at the top. All you gotta do is go hit it. Your generous gift in any amount is going to carry on this great work. But remember to get a twenty twenty five tax deduction, you must make your donation before midnight on December thirty first Angel Tree, make it happen, people I did. You've got no excuse. We're back on to hear you at John Guess has Kurch Schlichter, author of the new book Panama Read. And of course that bumper music is social distortion with its cover of under my Thumb. And I chose that not because of any particular reason, just because it freaking rocks. And speaking of freaking rocking, my pal Josh Hammer is here. He's an author, he's a podcaster, he's senior counsel over at the Article three project. He's also the author of Israel and Civilization, which you can see behind him.
Speaker 8: Hi Josh Kurt, my good friend, but lady, Merry Christmas to you in a very early happy New Year.
Speaker 11: Good great to see you as always.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you. I would wish you uh righteous quansa, except it's a stupid, made up communist joke, and I won't insult you even ironically by doing so. That book behind you, Israel and Civilization, I think it's it's very germane to what we're talking about here today, which is primarily the Somali diaspora.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And it's uh it seems to be its endemic crime U and U and massive fraud. And you know when America, when Jewish people immigrated to America from around the globe, they were able to I mean there were Jewish criminals, I mean may Orlansky, but they were able to integrate with our society fairly rapidly, because you know, it's a Judeo Christian country. We have some in common. My argument is we don't really have a lot in common with Somali culture, which is pretty much summed up by the movie Blackhawk Down. And we shouldn't be surprised that we when we introduce an alien culture, it acts alien.
Speaker 8: You know, Kurt, you mentioned Jewish immigrants. I mean, I've been thinking about this a lot recently, actually, so I'm a fourth or fifth generation American, depending on which side of the family. But I think a lot about my mother's mother's father, who himself was an immigrant's kind of a classic Jewish New York City immigrant, lower East Side ten min's kind of story. And he grew up very poor, as essentially most pretty much all Jewish immigrants of that Ellis Island immigration wave did. And he had a slogan that he developed as he was learning English, and he lived his whole life by the slogan, and he said, if you can conceive it and you can believe it, then you can achieve it. And he very much lived the quintessential American dream. He built his own real estate business. He ended up, unfortunately after he built his his small fortune, unfortunately, had a bit of a gambling problem, ended up losing all the money. We'll ignore those details from now, but the point is that there were main generations of immigrants who really did truly assimilate into American culture and Smali culture. It's not just you, Kurge. I mean, I think most Americans who are paying attention. You don't have to be a sociologist or rocket science to notice this stuff is incompatible. You know, our late beloved friend Charlie Kirk spent large swaths the last year of his life arguing that Islam categorically is not particularly compatible with Western civilization, with the American Republican is an American constitutionalism. That's not to say that there are not individual Muslims who can happily assimilate. Of course, there are many examples. Are are old pal doctor Judy Jasser that there are plenty of examples there. But speaking here about categories, you and I both lawyers, we think of the categorical and the individual. At a categorical level. Islam not just Islamism, but Islam itself. I mean, basically, sheer percentages of Muslims throughout the world who are doing very different things than the in of Islam. Are Are they defrauding others in the name of Islam? I don't really know, Kurt, but what I know is that it's not acceptable. It's a massive scandal. We're talking here billions of dollars, the largest defrauding the bilking on the American taxpayer in the history of the United States.
Speaker 11: I personally want to see people.
Speaker 3: Go to jail.
Speaker 8: I want to see prosecutions. I want to see not just random somalies who are operating these fraudulent child care centers. I would like to know what Tim Walls and Keith Ellison knew and when did they know it? By the way, what did Kamala Harris's vetting team know, Kurt? And when did they know it? They plucked Tim Walls at a relative security, put him on the on the running mate there on the ticket.
Speaker 11: Are you kidding me? Either?
Speaker 8: On the one hand, they were grossing combatant. Or on the other hand, they saw this they said, no big deal, don't worry about it. We're gonna beat Donald Trump and JD Evans. I mean, have you seen a crazier than Kurt. It's absolutely insane, and it really ought to make Americans fundamentally ask these questions that you were properly asking, which is cultural and civilizational compatibility.
Speaker 3: Well, look, I mean, you know, Kamala Harris could have made the smart choice. I was saying, Gosh, I sure, hope she doesn't pick Josh Shapiro. But of course she didn't pick Josh Shapiro. And I can think of two reasons why. A. He outshines her. B He's Jewish and that's poison in the Democrat Party.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Joshapiro would have been the obvious pick.
Speaker 3: Stunned for sure.
Speaker 8: In Pennsylvania is the most importance by any strict managination of all the swaying states. Josha Pierro has a very positive favorability raiins there by the way, Kirk, I mean, come twenty twenty at Democrats, sober up a little. I think that Shapiro probably is the most formidable candidate on us. I'm not sure who else would be. It's not called my arth, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: I think you're right. I just think he's gonna have trouble winning a primary because while the Republican Party has had issues with Annie Semites, who many of them don't identify as Republicans, but they're kind of lumped with the right because they're not active leftists. This is part and parcel of the Democrat Party. This is the we don't have a Michigan problem, you know, the Somali votes in Minnesota. It's you know, it is a real, real problem for the Democrats. And I think as much as I like to be able to take advantage of the folly of my enemies, I think it's bad for America.
Speaker 11: Oh, it's absolutely terrible for America.
Speaker 8: It's absolutely horrific, Kurt. This country was built as a Christian country. I say that as an Orthodoxy, but it was built, Kurt on a certain type of Christianity. The Christianity and Founders was a very Hebrew Bible Old Testament based Christianity. I mean, that's why Leviticus is inscribed with Liberty, Bell and Philadelphia. That's why Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson won the National Seal of the United States to be Moses.
Speaker 11: Parting the Red Sea.
Speaker 8: They viewed themselves as modern Israelites fleeing their version of oppression back in Egypt.
Speaker 11: There So this is part of our story.
Speaker 8: And when you impoort cultures, in this case Somali's who simply just do not understand this. On the contrary, Frankly, they want to. They want to imminitize and expedite the exact opposite of that culture as Shari's supremacists takeover, at least in certain individuals in their own minds.
Speaker 11: There that is a recipe for disaster.
Speaker 8: And only a culture, only a civilization that appreciates what it was built upon, Kurt, Only that culture and civilization has a chance at survival. So Trump has starved this whole conversation when it comes to who is an American? Was an American? Ice the deportations. Frankly, Kurt, if I'm being a little even a little over the top there, I want to see some more denaturalization proceeds.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 8: If you defrauded our immigration services and lied about your support for a foreign terroristoranization on your naturalization paywork there.
Speaker 11: To me, that's fair game as.
Speaker 3: Well well, josh Hammer. I think Donald Trump has opened the overthin window, and I hope he throws a lot of these bums out of our country. Thank you for joining us, Joshua of the Article three Project. I'm guest host Kurt Schlichter. This is the Hugh Hewitt Show, stick Around. We've got more to come.