Speaker 1: My name is Charlie kirk I run the largest pro American student organization in the country, fighting for the future.
Speaker 2: Of our republic.
Speaker 1: My call is to fight evil and to proclaim truth. If the most important thing for you is just feeling good, you're going to end up miserable.
Speaker 2: But if the most.
Speaker 1: Important thing is doing good, you'll end up purposeful. College is a scam, everybody. You got to stop sending your kids to college. You should get married as young as possible and have as many kids as possible. Go start attorney point, you would say, college chapter. Go start attorny point, you say high school chapter. Go find out how your church can get involved.
Speaker 2: Sign up and become an activist.
Speaker 1: I gave my life to the Lord in fifth grade, most important decision I ever made in my life, and I encourage you to do the same. Here I am Lord, Use me. Buckle up, everybody, here we go. Noble Gold Investments is the gold sponsor of the Charlie Kirkshow, a company that specializes in gold I rays and physical delivery of precious metals. Learn how you could protect your wealth with Noble Gold Investments at Noblegoldinvestments dot Com. That is noblegold Investments dot com. It's where I buy all of my gold. Go to noblegoldinvestments dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome everybody.
Speaker 4: It is Friday, August seventh, twenty twenty six. We are here at the y Reefi Studios in Phoenix, Arizona. How we doing, Blake, We're doing lovely. It is a It's a glorious Arizona morning.
Speaker 3: I will tell you, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 2: I like to the glorious Arizona morning yesterday because it was actually kind of cool. It was only like seventy degrees.
Speaker 3: Is there all beef with Arizona that it's too cold?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean seventy degrees is a good temperature. It's not too cold Arizona, which is anytime you step into a supermarket.
Speaker 4: Oh well, we have much to cover, and I want to get into the current situation on the left. Okay, the current situation. I was on with Jesse Waters last night. It's always nice when he brings me on.
Speaker 3: And there is a civil war brewing on the American political left.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: There is the establishment Dems. There are the rising we'll call them the Young Turks because it ties in of the DSA and now there are news reports that the Establishment Dems are about to dump fifteen million dollars into trying to unseat these people.
Speaker 3: There is a story that broke on.
Speaker 4: A NBC about a paid influencer campaign that was behind Hailey Stevens trying to.
Speaker 2: Take at El Sayed.
Speaker 4: You even saw the same electioneering that was used against President Trump in twenty twenty and twenty twenty four. Possibly we can't prove it yet, but it certainly has all the earmarks and hallmarks of the electioneering campaign where they stuff drop boxes and they released their votes laid especially in the black precincts to beat el Sayed. Hailey Stevens ended up falling short. Nevertheless, we know that the establishment was not super ready to cozy up with their radicals. And last night when I was on Jesse Waters, I made a point and I got tons of feedback on it, which leads me to believe that probably I'm gonna have to bring in Blake as the resident historian. We're gonna have to do an actual multi part series on this. But let's start here. I am of the belief that in the United States of America, the Conservative Party, the Conservative movement are the inheritors, the believers, the transmitters of the ideals of the American Revolution, which is life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Now, originally that was life, liberty and property. We believe in property rights. We believe in your ability to own things and to have the freedom to trade, sell, buy. All of those things are your freedoms and God given freedoms. By the way, now, the French Revolution does not believe in that. They have egalatee fraternity, liberty, egality, e galitate, egalitarianism, equal What do we always hear from the American left? Equality, equality, equity, equity. The animal spirits of the American Revolution are alive and well. On the conservative side, we wish they were more alive at times, And the animal spirits unleashed in the French Revolution are alive and well in the modern progressive left movement. One gave birth to the greatest country in the history of the world, the strongest, the most prosperous, the most equal. The other gave birth to the French Revolution, which ended in a bloody terror. Now Blake has ultimately worked out.
Speaker 2: Is probably the most complicated topic in world history.
Speaker 4: Edmund Burke, the famous political philosopher from the mother country.
Speaker 3: Was he Scottish?
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I believe he might have been Scottish. Either way, he was from mother England. The point is he basically became one of the most famous political philosophers in the world because he was a strong critic of the French Revolutions and the ideas that undergirded that movement and led to the bloody terror. I made the other point, and I remember Charlie making this from time to time. Robespierre was one of the leaders, the main figures in the French Revolution. He was led ultimately to a bloody guillotine death of beheading by the same movement that he inspired, and they cheered his demise, and they should have. And that is, by the way, the Democrat Party probably has this comment. That is a perfect analog for the Democrat Party in the establishment. They engineered every step along the way. And Blake, you have a great take on this. Two times they blocked Bernie Sanders, and now they get Bernie Sanders on steroids. They get Mom Donnie, they get LSI Ed, they get Hong, they get and there by the way, they get Chevalier. There is a lot of these people that are coming up through the ranks. They embrace third worldism, they embrace racial grievances, they embraced assassination culture, they refuse to police their own when Charlie was assassinated. All of these things are eerily reminiscent of a movement in the French Revolution. And now you've got the young upstarts telling the establishment Dems how it's going to be. Here's David Hogg.
Speaker 5: Two, what would you say to the moderates in your party?
Speaker 6: Who would it to the moners our party? You need to figure out how to actually offer something new to voters that isn't just the same message that you gave them in twenty twenty four. Increasingly, the reason why the establishment of our party is being defeated over and over and over again is it's because you don't have the right values that are aligned with not the democratic base that the American people were.
Speaker 2: Maybe David Hogg is a radical because he's he's angry he's not getting better reception.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got terrible reception. David, How you gotta work on that bush League. But even worse than that, who do you see out front campaigning with all of these people Hassan Piker. And if you hear us bring up his name, it's because he is so beyond the pale he should be disqualifying for anybody. Should they embrace his endorsement, they should disavow his endorsement. This is Hassan Piker. He's the same Hassan Piker, by the way, who said that America deserved nine to eleven, that Rick Scott should be murdered, that capitalist blood should spill the streets, murder those m efforts, he said. He's also joked about the assassination of President Trump, saying someone has to do it. And instead of policing this crook, this absolute cretan, they go out and campaign with him. And here's what Hassan Piker is saying. Now listen to this. How insane, this is sop four.
Speaker 7: I'm one hundred percent closer to the prison abolition is perspective than the average Americans framework on this issue, because oh my god, you guys literally fantasize about the violent crimes that someone might have committed, and you fantasize further about how you need to create an equal avenges structure. Americans sometimes literally feel Americans sometimes literally feel like they want to be the rapist murderers.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's Hassan Piker saying he's pro abolishing prisons because Americans have a fetishize or fantasize about becoming either a rapists themselves or getting raped. That we deserve this because we're fantasizing about crime.
Speaker 2: I mean, it makes sense he would say that, because if you really want to get at the heart of why the left love's abolishing prisons, normal people want prisons because they can imagine themselves being a victim of crime, and they sympathize with the victim of crime. The left they sympathize with the criminal, and they can easily imagine themselves doing the same things, and so they wouldn't want to go to prison.
Speaker 3: No, exactly.
Speaker 4: Well, and I also think it's because somebody like Hassan Piker, who was born in America, yes, but then raised in Turkey, harbors a deep disdain for the American people. He wants you to be victimized, he wants you to be murdered in the streets, he wants you to be raped because he actually hates you and he hates this country. And this is the man that is going around campaigning with all of these crazy dsas. It is the spirit of the French Revolution alive and well in a singular political party, and it is consuming that party, and the host establishment Dems are powerless to stop it. God help us all. So one of the reasons I think this is really interesting, Blake, is because we're starting to see the contours of this movement from Politico, the DSA movement. As results continue to come in Michigan's hotly contested Senate Senate race again that was l Sied versus Haley Stevens, a class divide is emerging. L Cied is performing best in places with higher incomes and education levels, while Stevens is doing better in more working class areas. So this all made me think of something that you brought up. And by the way, we could throw that graphic up if we have it. You mentioned this term on our thought crime show of lower elites. Yep, explain what you mean by that.
Speaker 2: Well, so it's like it says he's doing best with people who have higher incomes, higher education levels, and that often it might pop into your head, oh, this is really rich people who are running it. But it's really not like that. It's often what you might call people who feel like who are actually doing decently well but feel they should be doing a lot better. You might say, like downwardly mobile elites. So maybe they grew up upper middle class, they grew up in a nice house in the suburbs, they got it, they went to school, got a bunch of education, but then what they thought their life was going to be never quite panned out. So maybe they got a PhD, but they never became a distinguished college professor. They're just doing postdoc after postdoc, or they're an associate faculty member who's never going to get a tenure track a nonprofit, yeah, or working at a nonprofit making seventy k, but they think they should be making a lot more, a lot of that. There's a great article in The New York's The New York Are about Subarus socialists, they call them, and those people are objectively actually middle class. They probably if you know two people making seventy k each, that's higher than the American meeting average, but they'll often feel like they're not getting ahead, especially if they grew up making even more in a household making even more. And so these are the people who are the absolute shock troops of the Democratic Party. Like, perfect way to predict a Democrat voter is someone who has a graduate degree or a PhD, making between thirty and sixty thousand dollars a year. That's not a person who's an outright poverty That is not a person who is starving, but it is a person who feels super frustrated about their life and they're smart enough to feel tons of complicated resentment about it.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you were bringing up ties to maybe the Bolshevik Revolution, Yes, you're bringing up yeah, exactly, relate to those movements.
Speaker 2: In the exactly. And if you look almost any revolution, you'll have famous revolutions, but they're rarely just like a peasant uprising, you almost always need someone who is an angry elite, or a frustrated elite, or like a kicked out elite. So the Bolsheviks, a lot of the people reading that, they're pretty smart people. They're maybe the children of priests, they're the children of like merchants, capitalists who got radicalized against the system and decided they wanted to blow it up, and then they whip up the workers to support them. The French Revolution. Robespierre was Robespierre's job, do you know, I don't. Robespierre was a rural French lawyer. Interesting, and tons of lawyers in the French Revolution, tons of the lower bourgeoisie. Fascinating. Yeah, So Robespierre was not an angry peasant. Robespierre was not a he was not a starving guy. He was a highly educated, capable person who was elected to the Assembly when they first had it. And he had a bunch of really radical ideas that he put into practice. And those are a lot of the guys who are the most radical in that revolution.
Speaker 4: It isn't too far to say that oftentimes these radical left leaning revolutions are powered by the resentment of the lower elites.
Speaker 2: Yes, and a thing I think about a lot that might drive a lot of radicalism. Think about how America has been historically. It's been very decentralized. So our capital historically has not been that big. Washington, d C. Was not even one of our ten largest cities for a long time, and you had New York is big, but compare New York size to how big the country is overall, it's surprisingly small. Compared to say, like Tokyo. Tokyo is a bigger city than New York in a country that's one third the size of ours. London has almost as many people as New York, and Britain only as sixty million people, not three hundred million. So you have New York, LA, you have Houston, you have Seattle, we have widely distributed cities, lots of There's like a lot of room to be elite in America historically, and what have we seen. We've seen centralization. More jobs are in just a few cities. Now everyone moves to New York, to Austin, to the Bay Area, to DC and there's not as many jobs. There's not as much ability to be an elite in America. Plus, you have the Internet, which is making it easier for you to feel like you're behind because someone you see on the Internet is getting ahead of ale.
Speaker 4: All social anxiety for young women is based on comparing themselves to other waes exactly.
Speaker 2: So now instead of comparing yourself to your neighbor, you're comparing yourself to the planet. You're comparing yourself to everyone on the internet. It's so much easier to feel frustrated and let down. It's so much easier to feel I should have more in my life and I don't have it, and those sorts of disappointments and resentments are the kernel that can build a lot of radical political movements.
Speaker 4: Yes, so when we think about who is supporting this movement, the rise of the DSA, it is twofold. It's the rise of the It's the resentment of the lower elites, the white typically educated lower elites that are smart enough to work the system and smart enough to have very complicated resentment structure.
Speaker 2: And think of another type that you're getting people who are think about like olsaied types, A lot of immigrants. Well that's the group.
Speaker 4: The other group is the immigrants, the children of immigrants. L say Ed is a guy that yes, he was again born in America, this pesky birthright citizenship that President Trump, by the way, is trying once again to get rid of. But he was raised in many ways in Egypt. He spent his summers, he was summering in Egypt.
Speaker 2: And it's super common for these galas their parents might have gotten far more elite in their home country than they are in America. Lots of really to have resentment about that resentment that you're in this other country rather than running your homeland. There are so many ways to build up a giant ball of anger and resentment and then say, well, well, actually I'm just I'm angry because the system is rigged against me.
Speaker 4: And this is the bifurcated American body politic. The conservative movement embraces free markets, property ownership, the rule of law, equality before the law, and liberty. The radical left embraces the Bolshevik spirit, the French revolutionary spirit of equity, equality of murderousness, of seizing the means of production, taking from you if they don't think you're doing it right, and that ultimately is being powered by the lower elites, the highly educated, not so accomplished, resentful elites, and then powered by a mountain of new immigrants and their children that we brought in.
Speaker 3: Because I don't know why.
Speaker 4: So I don't know what the last year of your life has brought you, But for me, I can tell you it is. It has been a season of monumental change, change where my family lives, change how we're doing basic things in our life. And I will tell you it has made me appreciate the need to make sure your family's protected should something happen. I can't say that enough, can't underscore that point enough. Policy Genius is a way for you to make sure you have life insurance in the best life insurance at the best price. You got to prioritize peace of mind, lock in your life insurance today. Policy Genius is an online insurance marketplace that allows you to compare quotes from some of America's top insurance side by side for free. Their licensed team helps you get what you need fast so you can get on with your life easily. Find what you need coverage, amounts, prices, terms. There's no guesswork, just clarity. Policy Genius helps you find your most affordable policy that meets your needs. They have thousands of five star reviews on Google and trust Pilot from customers just like you who found the best policy fit for them. So with pause Genius you can find a twenty year life insurance policy starting at just two hundred and seventy six dollars a year.
Speaker 3: For one million dollars in coverage.
Speaker 4: That's a great deal, So head to policygenius dot com to compare life insurance quotes from top companies and see how much you could say. That's policygenius dot com. Be prepared put your family first. Go to policygenius dot com. Todd Nettleton with the Voice of the Martyrs, host of the Voice of the Martyrs radio for twenty years, has traveled the world interviewed hundreds and hundreds of Christians who've been persecuted in the name of Jesus. Now he's inviting you to come along and meet bold believers whose faith will inspire you to a deeper walk with Christ. So you get this, this is grab your passport and come along on a forty day journey. And if you're curious what I'm reading, this is his book When Faith is Forbidden. Forty days on the front lines with persecuted Christians. It says, we'll meet brothers and sisters who refuse to deny Christ despite being beaten, imprisoned, or even killed for their faith. When Faith is Forbidden will introduce you to a Chinese Christian woman who called six months in prison a wonderful time. We'll go through arm checkpoints to meet it in Iraqi pastor praising God just eight days after an assassin's.
Speaker 2: Bullet ripped through his flesh.
Speaker 4: And we'll sit down for a cup of tea with others from our Christian family in Iran. Eritrea, Turkey, Jordan, and other nations. Each stop on this forty day journey will provide inspiration and encouragement through the story of a persecuted believer. You'll also find space for reflection and suggested prayers as you grow to understand the realities of living under persecution.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, beautiful book.
Speaker 4: Obviously, this is really important to us because I believe Charlie was a Christian martyr, and I believe he's a modern day Founding Father. I believe that any sort of praise for the life that he lived and we got to see it behind the scenes, is warranted. He was a man of incredible integrity and awesome, powerful, courageous faith. And so I have told the team that I want one of the things that we constantly bring up on this show to be paying attention to Christians, whether it's in Nigeria, whether it's in Iran, which we're going to talk about with Todd. Once we get the tech issue worked out, that we focus on their stories because that is one of our mandates as.
Speaker 3: Christians to remember the persecuted church.
Speaker 4: And so I hope that once we get him on that we are going to be able to inspire you to continue thinking about these things, to continue praying for your brothers and sisters around the world that are living their faith boldly and loudly despite incredible, incredible prices.
Speaker 2: You know, we went through COVID, we saw sort of the first intimations of what anti Christian repression in the US could look like, which is, for health reasons, you can't assemble with other believers. We saw the Biden administration start sending these FBI guys to lurk in Catholic masses because that's a sinister thing, and that was all bad, very bad, and an American Yet at the same time, we should remember we have it very easy in the United States compared to a lot of places. There are a lot of countries and a lot of Islamic countries. Converting to Christianity legally in the statue book carries the death penalty. In a lot of countries, if it is rumored that you are a Christian or that you are sympathetic to Christians, whatever the law says, you can face mob violence, you can face vigilante justice from people. That is the reality in huge chunks of Pakistan, a lot of Iran, a lot certainly a lot of Africa. You can be kidnapped, you can be enslaved, you can be tortured because you are a Christian.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, and the other aspect of this is that we're importing this into our country while we're waiting for Todd and the tech. This is Rokana talking about how great l Saied is. I don't worry about the fact he's a Muslim. Think about that. How American it is that this must some boy could rise up?
Speaker 3: Oh okay six.
Speaker 8: Now, when it comes to Muslim America, shouldn't we christ be celebrating put aside Abdul's politics. Where else can you have a son of immigrants, a Muslim American Abdul, and you have Michigan electing him in a primary. That should say, Wow, America is extraordinary, that we're overcoming barriers of race and religion, and that this country, unlike a lot of other countries, you can be of different backgrounds and the people will still give you a chance. You know, don't and you know, the demonization of him, attacking him on that is about the dumbest political strategy.
Speaker 4: I couldn't disagree with Rocana more. But it doesn't surprise me because that's Rocana. The Islam coming into the country is a terrible development because it is incompatible with Western values, with Christendom, and we are inheritors of the Western tradition, which is Christendom. And so when we we this trojan horse, they've told us what they plan to do. And we talked about this with Nate Friedman yesterday. Sure one thee to or increase their power until they can overcome our civic secular system.
Speaker 2: We have them, We have them.
Speaker 4: Todd, Welcome to the show, Todd Nettleton, Voice of the Martyrs and your amazing new book, When Faith Is Forbidden. Thank you for joining us. I'm so excited to have you, and maybe just start with your book, why you wrote it and what people need to know about it.
Speaker 5: Well, I've had the privilege for the last twenty eight years of serving a Voice of the Martyrs and traveling all over the world to sit down with persecuted Christians and hear their stories and ask them questions, and inevitably, when I get back, I begin to share some of those stories, and I'll have somebody in my Sunday school class or my Bible study group who says, hey, I want to go on a trip with you, can I come and that I can't always take people to some of the places where Voice of the Martyrs is working, but you can come through the pages of this book. And so what I've done here is collected forty of the most powerful stories that I've heard from persecuted Christians. And the book is written sort of as a travelogue. Hey, why don't you come with me.
Speaker 9: We're going to go on a.
Speaker 5: Forty day journey together, and every day we're going to sit down with a persecuted Christian. We're going to hear their story of faithfulness under trial and suffering. And my promise to you is when we get back from this trip on day forty one, your faith is going to look different because when you hang out with persecuted Christians, when you hear their stories, you can't help but be inspired.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: And you know, this all makes me think about Iran because it's in the news right People don't realize this. There are Christians in Iran, and I'm curious, like what, you know, how has this war affected them?
Speaker 5: You know, everybody in Iran right now is suffering because the economy is completely in shambles. You know, maybe you're an electrician b but you can't get wire, you can't get supplies, so what do you do? How do you go to work? That is affecting Christians as well, but they are choosing to tune this into an opportunity to be a witness. And one of the things that happens during wartime when people are dying around you, people are thinking about eternity, and so Christians are using this as an opportunity to say, hey, let's talk about eternity. Let's talk about how you can know where you're going to go after you die. So even in the midst of the suffering that's happening, they're using it as an opportunity to keep growing the church.
Speaker 2: So we know about the IRGC, that's a military force we're engaging in war with, but obviously it's associated with the Islamic Revolution. So Christians in Iran, do they face persecution by the IRGC, by these state or Paris state elements, Like what happens to them? What sort of violence or other threats do they have to worry about?
Speaker 5: Well, Christians are targeted, and you know, it's interesting the perception in Iran of America is America is a Christian nation, and so you know, whatever happens in America, that's what Christians do because it's a Christian nation. So if you're in Iran and you're an Iranian Christian, you are kind of seen as a trader to your own country. You're seen as an ally to America. So as the war has started and as the fighting has gone on, Iranian Christians are seen as being sympathetic at best and traders at worst to the enemy, to the people who are attacking, and so they are being singled out. We know of Christians who have been arrested, We know of Christians who have been interrogated, taken to jail, even beaten, even tortured during this time because they are seen as allies of America, allies of Israel, as opposed to being loyal citizens of Iran.
Speaker 4: You know, I know one of the things that you guys do, I got forty seconds in this segment, but you send Bibles all over the world, You send them to you know, really really rough spots, and I know that you've sent them to Iran. If they found like a Christian Bible on you, on your person and your home, do they face consequences for that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, having a Bible in the language Farsie, the national language of Iran, is the illegal, so that you've broken the law by having that Bible. I just heard a story this week from one of our partners helping deliver Bibles into Iran.
Speaker 3: One of their workers just.
Speaker 5: Came out of fifty eight days incarcerated because they found him with Farsi Bibles, and in their minds that meant, hey, he's a trader, He's connected to America, he's connected to outsiders.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 5: Every single day they interrogated him, they beat him severely. In fact, they beat him on the bottoms of his feet, which, for those of us a voice of the martyrs, hearkens back to our founder Richard Wermbrand, also beaten on the bottoms of his feet by the Communists in Romania. But this man said he never broke He never gave up the names of any other Christians, any of the people he was working with. The Other thing, he said, is I am closer to Jesus now than I've ever been. That suffering experience pushed him closer to christ.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I have a friend who's actually been on the show before that experienced similar things. He's actually working to get starlinks into Iran so that they can access internet and things like that.
Speaker 2: But he was.
Speaker 3: Beaten in Pakistan for training up missionaries in Pakistan.
Speaker 4: So stay right there, Todd. I hope this is encouraging you, even as terrible as it is, that there are people willing to stand on their faith in the most trying and terrible situations. Todd, this is a So we kind of went through some bad stuff in the first part of our interview, but this is so often, you know, we hear that expression that the blood of the martyrs is the seat of the church. Is this true that Iran has the fastest growing Christian church in the world right now?
Speaker 3: Is that possible?
Speaker 5: It is true, and that has been the case for the last several years. The fastest growing church in the Islamic Republic of Iran. I like to say the full name of the country when I say that. And you know, one of the interesting things about that is, well, the natural question, well, what's driving that? What is driving that is the Islamic government of Iran Because since nineteen seventy nine, the Islamic Revolution, the Mullahs took over the government and their promise to the Iranian people was we are going to run our country according to Islamic principles. If the Quran tells us to do it, that's exactly what we're going to do.
Speaker 2: And we're now, you.
Speaker 5: Know, forty plus years later, and the economies in shambles. Iran has one of the highest drug addiction rates in the world. The people see the corruption in the government and they say, well, if this is what it looks like after you follow Islamic principles, we don't want to follow Islamic principles.
Speaker 3: We want to do something different.
Speaker 5: And so that's part of the reason the gospel is spreading so quickly, the church is growing. I've actually had Irani and Christians tell me the greatest Christian missionary in the history of Iran was the Iatola Komani, the leader.
Speaker 3: Of the Islamic Revolution.
Speaker 2: And You're like, well, wait a minute.
Speaker 5: He wasn't even a Christian, but they say, yeah, but he showed the true face of Islam, and now the people want something different.
Speaker 3: That's wild.
Speaker 4: I mean, first, the fact that it's the fastest growing Christian church I'm assuming per capita, but I don't know, maybe I wonder about that.
Speaker 2: Just how do you how do you measure this other reliable ways we can see this in practice, like how do we unreach that conclusion because it's a closed country.
Speaker 5: Of course, it is a close country, and so it is difficult, and many of these Christians are isolated. They are getting the gospel through social media, they're getting the gospel through satellite television, They're not necessarily gathering with US believers.
Speaker 3: But several years.
Speaker 5: Ago, I believe it was a Dutch company that actually did a survey, a very broad survey of the Iranian population, and they came up with some of these numbers that are, like you say, they are startling how much the church has grown, how many Iranians say that they're Christians.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: One of the other things that that is meaning inside Iran is is so many people are disaffected with Islam that oftentimes if a person comes to faith, they don't necessarily face the first line of persecution from their family, which typical in the Muslim world. Your first line of persecution is going to be your dad, your big brother, somebody who comes and says, hey, we're a Muslim family. If you say you're not a Muslim, you're not part of us anymore. In Iran, so many people have rejected Islam, and so many people are dissatisfied with Islam that oftentimes the family will be like, oh well, hey, if that works for you, great, that's fine. So you don't have that family person. Now that's not always true. There are certainly stories of family persecution, but it is not as prevalent in Iran as it is in other parts of the Muslim world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well so that's I mean, the personal stories are really powerful. You have some of these in your book here of Iranian Christians. You know, what are they like? What are they telling you? What did you learn from him?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: One of the things that they are is they are bold, and they have they have grabbed a hold of Christ in such a real way that they cannot be talked out of it. They cannot be you cannot beat him out of them. They are going to follow Jesus. They've experienced him. And one of the stories I tell in my book is the story of a man who he said, as he started to tell me a story, he said, now I want you to understand I'm a very competitive person. I said, okay, well you know that's fine, and he said, no, no, no, I'm very competitive, he said. You know, when I was in the army, I wanted to be a martyr for all within the next twenty four hours, I wanted to be a martyr.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 5: When I was a drug addict, I wanted to use more drug than any of the other drug addicts were using because I wanted to be the best drug addict. And he said, you know, that addiction took him literally to the point of death, and God rescued him. He had a miraculous supernatural experience where he met Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ took away that addiction and healed him from that addiction. And then that competitive nature turned in a different direction because now he wants to be the best disciple that Jesus has ever had, and he wants to be the best evangelist. He wants to talk to every single person he meets about Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: And you know, I tell in the book, if you do that.
Speaker 5: Inside Iran, pretty soon you're going to be in a police station or you're going to be in a jail cell. And he even shared a story of leading someone to Christ inside the police station. And so he is determined to be the best disciple that Jesus has ever had.
Speaker 3: That's so great.
Speaker 4: And I heard some similar stories from Pakistan, especially when Charlie was assassinated that. I mean, do you think that the running Christians did they hear about this? I know it's a close I'm assuming they heard it. Seems like everybody on planet Earth did. But did did you hear any of that?
Speaker 2: Did they?
Speaker 4: Were they inspired by his life in that way?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: I haven't heard stories like that, and I don't know how much you know. There would be summer audience that would certainly be in tune with international news. There would be some that are completely cut off, but I haven't heard those stories yet.
Speaker 4: Well, I would love for you to ask about them, because my pastor friend was training missionaries in Pakistan said they were like bold as lions right after Charlie was killed. And I hope that people in this audience and that love Charlie and that followed the show that followed turning Point, that you would have a special place in your heart for martyrs and supporting voice of the martyrs.
Speaker 2: And what they're doing.
Speaker 4: And we wanted to make it an option so people can get your book, Todd. So the if you go to VOM Voice of the Martyrs vom dot org slash Charlie. You guys are making this available for everybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we will send it to you for free. Just give us your name and address. Part of our ministry is telling these stories to Christians and free nations, and that's why we give the book away for free.
Speaker 3: I love that so again.
Speaker 4: The url is v O m dot org slash Charlie. V O m dot org slash Charlie. Get this book please, you know, I we ask a lot of our audience. You'll call this senator, call this congressman, you know, knock on doors. But please give your heart to the Christian Church, the persecuted Church, the martyrs around the world, and support the work of Voice of the Martyrs.
Speaker 3: They're great people. Thank you, Todd.
Speaker 4: V O m dot org slash Charlie. For nearly three thousand years, Homer's The Iliad has shaped the Western imagination. As one of the foundational works of Western literature, it explores permanent questions about honor, courage, leadership, friendship, justice, and what it means to live a noble life. In one of the epics defining moments, Achilles returns to battle after the death of his beloved friend Patrocius, setting aside his wounded pride to confront the responsibilities that come with greatness. His decision reveals one of the central themes of the Iliad that true greatness requires more than strength. It demands character, sacrifice, and the pursuit of what is right. That's why Hillsdale College has released its newest free online course, The Iliad, taught by Professor Stephen Smith. The course reveals why Homer's masterpiece remains one of the greatest works of Western literature. Go to Charlie for Hillsdale dot Com. That's Charlie for Hillsdale dot Com. Read the Classics Study the West. That's Charlie for Hillsdale dot Com. It's hour two on a Friday, which means it is the ask us Anything hour.
Speaker 3: We love this hour.
Speaker 4: We got Danny, Danny's in the house. Danny, you know your Cubs swept my Dodgers and.
Speaker 10: It was pretty good.
Speaker 2: We've got a great m VP fight between Pete Crow Armstrong and Shoeotani each had two home runs in the same game. Yeah, it was. It was frustrating.
Speaker 3: We got that Scooball guy and we just went on this six game. That's what I'm saying. Baseball is crazy.
Speaker 4: You could have the biggest budget in all of baseball and not win the World Series.
Speaker 3: Look at the Mets. Look at the Mets.
Speaker 11: For the Mets are got awful a lot of people there. There are a team, the Milwaukee Brewers have one of the lowest payrolls in baseball.
Speaker 3: And to look look at Tampa Bay.
Speaker 11: Another another reason why salary cap is ridiculous because it really doesn't. I mean, it can help you be better, but you should not institute a salary cap, and baseball would ruin the game.
Speaker 3: You know what it is. This is not what we planned on talking about here. But let's you need a villain in baseball.
Speaker 4: You need, like everybody loves rooting against the Dodgers and the Yankees.
Speaker 2: You're right, I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's no and I embrace it. You should root against this because we're good and we spent a lot of money.
Speaker 2: To be good.
Speaker 10: Well, and none of your team is even American too, But.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not true.
Speaker 11: I mean that, yeah, basically, Kyle Tucker's you're only really American player. But Fred Freeman, I mean everybody else you just hit from Japan and all the other countries.
Speaker 3: Mookie Betts is American? What is your problem?
Speaker 10: What do you mean the Dodgers clearly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, apparently so you lie about him. Geez, that's not cool. All right, hold on, So our first question, we have a great question here. It's about the birthright citizenship. Yeah, oh yes, ye yeah.
Speaker 2: Don.
Speaker 11: Ali, guys, I saw our President Trump is trying to get birthright citizenship banned again.
Speaker 10: I was wondering if he has the chance this time.
Speaker 2: All right, I was looking forward. I was wondering if we would talk about this earlier in the show, and we didn't get a chance. So I'm so glad you asked this question. So this dropped yesterday. I believe from the Trump administration, this is them trying to respond to deal with the unfortunate Supreme Court ruling, which is wrong, but which was wrong. But birthright citizenship is a constitutional right. But they're trying to work with what we have, which is, for example, if you are a foreign invader, you are not supposed to benefit from this. You know, invading foreign armies is a traditional exception, and foreign ambassadors is a traditional exception. So they're trying to work work within the Supreme Court's ruling to get whatever give they can. And so what we have here is they had four categories that they say even after this ruling, they think they can still ban them. So first they say, if either parent is an alien enemy, and they define this as any member of a designated foreign terrorist organization. And so obviously that classically means say al Qaeda was an alien terrorist organization. But for example, if you're a member of I believe HESBLA, we recognize that a lot of people are members of HESBLA, amus, a lot of people are affiliated with a mus Muslim brother. We have a lot of foreign terrorist organizations and the cartels. If you're working with a cartel, we've designated those, So if you've worked with them, they're going to try to classify you as an enemy alien and they'll look for those connections there. So that's one of the things they're going after. They're also saying if you are a foreign government employee, which obviously means foreign ambassadors, but if you're a foreign national who works at their embassy, they're going to classify you as that. They also say, if you're part of an international organization that has foreign organization immunities. So I think that's like employees of the United Nations, for example, who are from abroad, have certain special.
Speaker 3: Privileges, show that up with the government.
Speaker 2: Exactly, stuff like that. And then they also throw in if you're taking part in birth tourism scams as they define them, So if you're sailing into US territorial waters to give birth, they're trying to classify that as an invasion. So will this hold up. I'm pretty optimistic on the foreign terrorist one. I think they have good grounds to stand on. I think our Supreme Court might rule in their favor on that one. I'm worried about the birth tourism one. I think it's so easy to imagine John Roberts punting on that and going, well, Dotes, Actually that's the Congress's job to decide that.
Speaker 3: So here's what I think happened.
Speaker 4: I think Alito or Clarence Thomas or maybe some of their clerks went in and said, hey, craft it like this. We were inside the deliberations, and you should craft it like this because this will probably pass muster.
Speaker 3: So I actually am very optimistic about it.
Speaker 4: I'm also really excited you asked this question because there's this viral clip going around of a seventy five year old John Gannon.
Speaker 3: He's a lifelong Republican.
Speaker 4: He voted for President Trump, but unfortunately for him, his Latin lover got picked up by ICE and now he's real upset about it. I just wanted an excuse to play it. It's not ted I voted for Trump.
Speaker 6: I am saying that they are picking up law and biting citizens.
Speaker 12: They're destroying families, jobs.
Speaker 13: John Gannon is a seventy five year old businessman and lifelong Republican who supported President Trump twenty twenty four.
Speaker 14: I wouldn't do that again, not after this fiasco.
Speaker 13: His fiance, forty five year old venice Ulan immigrant Yas Mesas Ridges, was detained by ICE at George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston in late July.
Speaker 2: By the way, she's not he owes Trump than like seventy five forty five year old visa overstay bride. That's what it was.
Speaker 3: That's what the post said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, who knows how old it is.
Speaker 3: I guarantee the producers were like, let's say.
Speaker 4: She's forty five, not thirty, because we're gonna get more sympathy if she's forty five. No, this guy just about fell into one of the classic traps, the gold digger trap.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that she's a gold digger. I am, yeah, but she messing with a broke guy here. Let's just keep it like that.
Speaker 4: All I'm saying is, instead of being like, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not gonna vote for Republicans there anymore.
Speaker 4: Maybe you should say thank you, thank you. I bet if this guy has kids, they are saying thank you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he owes Trump a big thank you on this.
Speaker 4: Those kids are gonna be let's hope he has like five children and from his first wife or second one, and they are all thanking the good Lord in heaven. That there is a thing called ice and it picks up illegals and it gets them the heck out of this country, and and and the other thing we have to correct. We have to correct air here. One of our jobs is correct air. This guy is so self absorbed and probably I mean, I hate to use the word, but you know, I'll try. And he's driven by his.
Speaker 3: Libido or whatever.
Speaker 4: Okay, He that that he can't see the forest through the trees. He cannot realize that he has been hoodwinked by a woman that wants his money, and he now is saying.
Speaker 3: He doesn't support this is okay.
Speaker 4: I got in trouble on X last night because I commented on this and I said, this is a generational divide. And then you know, quickly a lot of people over a certain age said, hey, don't care me in on that. I'm not counting you people in this audience. You are absolutely immune from this. But when we say we want them all out, we want them all out that. I don't care if you have a Latin lover, I don't care if you got a maid or something that you think is really sweet. They are not law abiding, he said, He says, he says she's law abiding.
Speaker 3: No, she broke the law.
Speaker 2: She's a beast overstay.
Speaker 3: She broke the law.
Speaker 4: So why don't you go move to Venezuela and you can marry her there? You have options, sir John Gannon. You can move to Venezuela. It might become the fifty first state if President Trump has anything to do with it. So you could still say you're American, Yes, a hero sympathy for these people.
Speaker 3: Blake thirty seconds. It's say something profound.
Speaker 2: Something something profound. Uh No, it's we see this sometimetime.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: In the end, our country has been stripped bare because someone everyone wants their special exception. Yeah. I don't like immigration, but like I need these lower income workers. I can't fill these jobs. I can't get a woman who's interested in me who's thirty years or more younger than I am. No, just guys, our country has been picked clean by the world. Were able to close it off, and the people who aren't supposed to be here need to go back.
Speaker 3: We have rules and.
Speaker 4: You everybody wants to say the rules don't apply to me. You are a symptom of the disease. Sir, all right, next question, who we got?
Speaker 10: We have Jonathan.
Speaker 3: Jonathan, Welcome to the Charlie Kirkshow please unmute yourself? I did how goes? That's going? Well, it's Friday.
Speaker 15: Good to hear.
Speaker 3: How are you doing? What can we do for you?
Speaker 15: Can we expect to Save America Act to pass the for November, and we'll have the Supreme Court make mass mail and thus encountering after election day illegal before November.
Speaker 3: What was the second part of that?
Speaker 11: Sorry, well, the Supreme Court make mass mail in ballots illegal before November.
Speaker 15: Counting after election day before.
Speaker 2: Oh well, they unfortunately already ruled on that counting. He was counting them after election day. Think we got that ruling and it was disappointing.
Speaker 3: Was it like five days after something?
Speaker 2: It was it was after the arbitrary it was an arbitrary date now, oh yeah, yeah, it was like, yeah, I think it was some number of days more than zero but less than forty or whatever California has been getting away with. I would have to double check it, though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why don't you check that?
Speaker 4: So I actually have been texting with my senator friends. I have one senator tell me fifty percent chance and another one tell me twenty five percent chance likely.
Speaker 3: And the likely is So they're.
Speaker 4: Going to come back from their August recess, which is really like a six month or six week recess, and they're going to come back and they're going to basically work for two weeks, and then they're going to take another break because the Senate is a joke, and they're going to try and pass it through reconciliation, and then they're going to have an issue with the bird bath, right, which is the Senate parliamentary and can't it get through the Senate rules. In order to be a part of reconciliation, it needs to have a budgetary component to it, right, so it needs to be tied with some sort of spending. And their gimmick to do this is the real ID. So they are willing to grant billions of dollars to the states to support real ID, which has already been passed, and they would be willing to accept a real ID which takes I mean, it's like a birth certificate. You have to have more documentation in order to get a real ID, but that obviously costs the state's money to issue those IDs.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of the gimmick.
Speaker 4: The question is will it pass the parlam Senate parliamentary muster. Now this is a Democrat I believe that was appointed under Harry Reid. There is precedent Trent Lott did it. You can fire the Senate parliamentarian. Do I have any hope of John Thune firing a Senate parliamentarian if she blocks this through reconciliation?
Speaker 3: No, I do not, So.
Speaker 4: I would put that likelihood closer to twenty five percent. The old that the twenty five percent is that they write it in such a way they're careful enough that the Senate Parliamentary can't in any good faith block the UH the passage of this through reconciliation. I just don't have any faith in John Thune. I've openly called for him to be replaced. I think he is a coward. I think he is not willing to confront his wayward members and he's not willing to push them to do what the will of the people. So I have zero faith in John Thune, and I think he's been a complete and utter disappointment. Why don't you just call the mode and put their make them put their names on on the line, tell us who is against it.
Speaker 3: That's it, That's all you gotta do.
Speaker 15: And then is there another question about what about the massmail on ballots? Will they make that illegal?
Speaker 3: Will remember?
Speaker 2: Well, well, so mass mail? So they did rule. This was Watson versus RNC. It happened at the end of June. And unfortunately THEYD just rule that if a ballot is postmarked by election day, states are allowed to count them after.
Speaker 3: It's like up to five days after.
Speaker 2: Something I don't see in the summer rams scene. They don't say a specifically, they.
Speaker 11: Don't They just say up, if as long as it was postmarked, like Illinois allows ballots up to fourteen days. Illinois allows fourteen days after the election.
Speaker 3: For ballots to come in if they're postmark.
Speaker 10: If they're postmark, I mean, that's ridiculous anyway.
Speaker 3: So unfortunately that's not gonna happen either.
Speaker 2: Okay, So glorious Supreme Court. I should know. They disappoint us a lot. But I will note because people flip out a lot, they are the most we get the most wins from them out of any organization, and.
Speaker 3: They're still going to pack them. I think.
Speaker 4: I think part of the calculus with these guys is that they don't want to sort of be they don't want to be perceived as two partisans, so they're trying to give wins to both sides where they feel like they can. It doesn't matter. This is the eat me last mentality. This is what's happening to the Democrat establishment. And talked about this an hour one. They unleash all this garbage and they're going to be consumed by all this garbage that they So it doesn't matter. These these animal passions that get unleashed, they will consume the institutions that undergird the constitutional republic upon which we you know stand. So anyways, the point is at this is the Supreme Court.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 4: If these these these animals get enough power, they will completely pack the Supreme Court. They want to abolish the Senate, they want to abolish the presidency.
Speaker 3: Now did you see this, I see this one.
Speaker 4: Yes, they're making the candidate's DSA. Candidates vow that they will work to a. I mean, you basically have to tear down the entire constitutional system, because that's the constitution itself.
Speaker 2: That is the goal, the goal. I mean, so much of this it is really just it is burn it all down. It is a pure animal passion. And like they it's like a dog chasing car. They don't know what they would do after they got it. Uh, you can find this. There's actually a I think it's called like Manifesto of a Revolutionary and it was a work by a Russian revolutionary way before the Bolsheviks, even late eighteen hundreds. And you read this thing and he just says the only thing that matters is the revolution, and like that's what you live for, and it's not he actually it doesn't describe what the program is after the revolution. The point is they don't have destroyed, the point is rip it all down. It's a very animous, anger based, ideologiful, resentful.
Speaker 3: So I wish we had better news for you.
Speaker 4: But unfortunately, when you give a bunch of country club Republicans power, they want their Latin lovers and they want their vacations.
Speaker 3: Sadly, that is the case, and I.
Speaker 4: Have zero I have zero sympathy for any of them cowards one and all. Hi, folks, Andrew Colvett here, I'd like to tell you about my friends over at why REFI. You've probably been hearing me talk about why REFI for some time now. We are all in with these guys. If you or someone you know is struggling with private student loan debt, take my advice and give them a call. Maybe you're behind on your payments, maybe you're even in default. You don't have to live in this nightmare anymore. Why Refy will provide you a custom payment based on your ability to pay. They tailor each loan individually. They can save you thousands of dollars and you can get your life back. We go to campuses all over America and we see student after student who's drowning in private student loan debt. Many of them don't even know how much they owe. Y ref I can help. Just go to y refi dot com. That's the letter why then refi dot com And remember y Refi doesn't care what your credit score is. Just go to yrefi dot com and tell them your friend Andrews sent you.
Speaker 3: Take the next question we got John. Hey, guys, how you doing today?
Speaker 2: We're doing lovely good.
Speaker 3: John. Hey, I hope you are having a blessed day. So I've got a question.
Speaker 9: I'm going to give you two premises of the question, and it's about public education. The first is public education, in my mind, is currently a monopoly since they get your money even if you don't send your kids public schools.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 9: Secondly, the indoctrination and the failure of public schools is a common denominator that runs through pretty much every societal ill that we have. So many of the topics that you guys discussed, a lot of it can go back to public education. So you guys have had a lot of discussion about the education tax credits.
Speaker 3: So my question is what is.
Speaker 9: The mechanism within that tax credits to have a negative financial consequences to starve public schools and teachers' unions says that we can start making major reforms to public education.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got a lot of thoughts, but well so I guess when you say it's always people generally do like their public schools, whether they should or not. So you don't HONESSARI want to use the ryder cup, Oh starve them or whatever. But what this is really about is it's about control, it's about choice. Teachers' unions historically they love the idea of getting to shape your child's mind. You can endlessly find them bragging about this online in their chat So they're parents think that they control their kids. But I spend more time with their kids than they do. They'll smugly talk about this.
Speaker 3: These many children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they steadily are getting more ideologically extreme, more entitled, more mentally unwell. A lot of very bad people seem to go into this field. And the best case for these education tax credits is quite simple. How you raise your child is your decision to make. You should not be compelled to, as you say, to send them to a public school because that's the only option and you're forced to pay for it. You should have the option to have your tax dollars and you should be able to spend them how you like, which might be private school, might be homeschooling materials, might be some sort of hybrid model, some sort of school startup. America is great for that. We have incredible entrepreneurship in the field of education, and that is what people should have. They should not be forced to go to one school that is failing them.
Speaker 4: Here's to answer your question in a more technical way. Though schools are paid on a per pupil basis. Okay, so, and I guess the average amount in the United States is about seventeen, six hundred and nineteen dollars per student spending. Some of that comes from state some of that comes from local government, some of it comes from federal funding. So when you pull enough students out of a public school, then their per pupil allotment goes down. And if it goes down enough, then guess what they have to stop hiring. They stop hiring teachers. They stop doing this. When you don't have as many teachers getting hired by public schools, the public school unions, the teachers unions will shrink in size. Why is that important? Because they are Democrats, super PACs that work against conservative values. They spend all their political money on Democrats because Democrats give them whatever they want.
Speaker 3: Can't fire students your teachers. You don't want them.
Speaker 4: To snitch on somebody else if somebody else has been accused of sexual perversion against a minor. This stuff is like, I mean, the crazy stuff that you see in these teachers unions is the saying, and they're getting publicly funded by you. We are publicly paying these teachers to pay dues into the teachers unions to then use that money as a super pack for Democrats.
Speaker 2: It's such a rap.
Speaker 4: Peel them out of the public schools and break the back. But Blake's point is politically right. Teach parents deserve choice. That should be our messaging. But we should also And they do.
Speaker 2: Worry about that loss of funding, but I mean, they have so much political power in any Democrat state, they can have them additional funding. Yeah, you break it. What they really feel here is I think the meta point, which is if a critical mass of people are opting in favor of private schools homeschooling using these uh, these vouchers, essentially that they realize, oh I can take this money and get something better and it's free or cheaper. They'll break the dependency, they'll break the assumption that this is what people need, and then people could really dial back public education.
Speaker 4: Well in Arizona, if you and you made this point, they get the money anyway, not in Arizona. And I think Texas and Florida are the same. Now, if you pull your child out of public schools and you put them in a Christian private school, guess what you get seventy five hundred bucks allotted to that private school.
Speaker 3: So you're actually taking money out of the public.
Speaker 4: School system in the state of Arizona, which is why they wanted to defeat it and why we're fighting back against it in Arizona. Let's get to the next question, because I know we got a bunch of piling up.
Speaker 10: Next question we got is Elizabeth.
Speaker 3: Elizabeth, welcome to the show. Please ummute yourself.
Speaker 14: Yeah, hi, y eighth, they hear me. Yes, Okay, So I have a lot of concerns. I'm older than you, guys, I'm gen X. My high school actually had a student exchange program with the Soviet Union. We actually had kids in Moscow when Chernobyl happened. They were like collected up at like four in the morning from the KGB and put in a flight back to the United States. Like I could tell you horror stories about the Soviet Union because everybody who came back was always horror, like waxy toilet paper, four hour wait at the one McDonald's, and it was a one week paycheck to like get a cheeseburger, which was like not even good meat. In the Soviet Union. They couldn't say anything, like they were always being guarded and watched by the KGB on these exchange programs. I don't know if you guys ever saw the movie The Death of Stalin, I think really kind of epitomizes how bad it is.
Speaker 2: You just see it.
Speaker 14: We had to spend all of our high school rasy money for children of Chernobyl because all of the kids had fyword cancer from Chernobyl. Chernobyl didn't happen just because there was a nuclear meltdown. Chernobyl happened because anybody who knew what was happening or how bad it was was never going to say anything because their family would have been disappeared. Like how do we get this through to gen Z that I am so sorry you can't afford a burrito right now, But there are no burritos in communism, and we will get to burrito affordable. It's just gonna take a while. Like, how do we really emphasize this to beause it's.
Speaker 2: As you say, it is tough. When we were growing up then there was a much better understanding of why the Soviet Union is so bad. And yet I will note that the same people who were radicals today were huge simps for the Soviet Union. They would make endless excuses, they would run in appearance for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they would.
Speaker 2: They would make the Soviet Union come back and be like, I've seen the future and it works, and they have more freedom than we do.
Speaker 4: Tucker Carlson did that video talking about Moscow's grocery store.
Speaker 2: Well, well, so, an interesting thing I will say is one reason it's tougher is we do see competing systems. And this is why we have an important responsibility to fix our own problems. Because, for example, people worry about China, and China is very authoritarian in a ton of ways. It's not a free country in so many ways, doesn't have the rights we do. But what is different between them and the Soviet Union is they don't have that same obvious lack of prosperity that you'd go to the Soviet Union and every would be in a line. You know, you have to all show up before seven am on meat day at the supermarket or you're not going to get any meat and the meat will be bad. China has a very rapidly growing economy. They have a lot of technological success. They're getting richer every year, and so people are able to look at that and go, oh, maybe maybe there is something to their system. Or they're able to look at another authoritarian country like Saudi Arabia or something, and they'll look at those countries and say, there, yeah, Dubai, they're able to build things and we struggle to build things, and they don't seem to have bums on the street. And that's really what Tucker was showing when he went to, for example, that Russian supermarket, which was oh, it seems like it's affordable fifteen Moscow. It's basically there's misleading things about it. But we do have to make sure we can fix these crises in the US, because it is really the problems in the US that are making it so appealing to look for another system. And it's like we said earlier, it's a lot of it is resentment and anger driven. And they're not even really thinking what is socialism other than it's a word for I don't like what's going on, and I want to blow everything up and burn it all down.
Speaker 3: I agree with Blake. Here's what I would say.
Speaker 4: The truth is that you know, they all believe that it hasn't been tried the right way. Yet they all think that their version of this is going to somehow net something different. And I was actually I posted this on my x feed last night about Milton Friedman would say that inflation is the great robber, right. Milton Friedman was in favor of limiting the supply of money and getting economists out of that and just increasing it by about three percent every year and telling the economists stop doing anything else, balance your budget, stop printing money willy nilly three percent every year, because only DC can make inflation. And the great robber right now is inflation. What happened during Biden was the roadmap to radicalize politics because guess what, it's that Ke shaped economy where everybody who didn't own assets or equities or homes is getting squeezed and everybody who did is getting richer. So we have this k shaped economy. It's a huge, huge problem, and it will radicalize our politics. But where to Blake's point, we have to look in the mirror and say, this happened because we spent too much money. We printed money into oblivion and sadly that's You're right. It will get better if we do a certain number of things long enough. And the pitch we have to make to young people is get literate in your in economics, because we have a lot of financial illiteracy in this country, especially with gen Z. But you've got to give it time. And so we are in a race against the clock. So does that answer your question? Does that answer your question here?
Speaker 14: I think so. But I wish they knew that Alger Hiss was evil and that, you know, Joe McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Was right, Alger Hiss Man, Algie Hiss. That's a deep cut now people do not know about Oh yeah, for seconds. So algerr Hiss, he was a guy in the State department, a pretty pretty senior in the State Department, like was involved in a lot of key decisions. And then it was revealed. I believe it was Whittaker Chambers accused him of this and just pointed out as like, Algier, you were a communist in the thirties, and you know you've never publicly disavowed this year, you might still be a communist. I can't remember the exact thing he said, and he denied this. And basically it wasn't even just that, it was that he turned out to be a Soviet spy. And this was this is big lib caused celeb forties, fifties, sixties, really through the end of the Cold War. Was how he was vilified and shamed and they lied about him and called him a Soviet spy just to smear him. Cold War ended. We got the Soviet archives, algerhis was a Soviet spie.
Speaker 3: It's probably a lot more of those around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Nixon took him down. So that's the great Nixon win Nixon.
Speaker 3: We should talk about the rise of Nixon. This is fun.
Speaker 4: If you could go back in time and buy oil before the world relied on it, would you? Of course you would, anybody would, So why aren't you buying silver right now? The people who recognized oil early didn't just make money, They got ahead of one of the biggest economic shifts in history, and today, a similar opportunity is unfolding with silver. Silver is more than a precious metal. It's a critical resource used in solar panels, electric vehicles, defend systems AI infrastructure in the massive data centers powering that digital world. While demand keeps growing, it's still affordable enough that the average American can start accumulating it right now. That's why investors are turning to silver to protect against inflation and to own one of the world's most.
Speaker 3: Important strategic resources.
Speaker 4: Don't be the person who looks back in ten years and says I saw it coming, I just didn't act. Visit Noble Gold Investments dot com slash kirk and learn how easy it is to own physical silver. That's Noble Goold Investments dot com slash kirk own the metal. The future depends on.
Speaker 3: Who's up next.
Speaker 2: Uh do we want to do Anthony next?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we'll just do Anthony.
Speaker 2: All right, Anthony? What's your question?
Speaker 16: Hey guys? And to answer the Dodger thing, Freeman is a fifty to fifty because she plays Canada.
Speaker 10: Okay, so take count him.
Speaker 11: Then only you have only three Americans in the entire starting lineup three and a half really.
Speaker 2: American, he's like.
Speaker 3: Foreign, he is Nolpe.
Speaker 16: He plays her team Canada when it comes time for Worldplay because of his mother, because she's Canadian. God rest her soul.
Speaker 3: We love our good Canadian. All right, So Anthony, what's your question? All right?
Speaker 16: Here's my question. Are local communities going to care what the citizens say about when these Islam centers want to come up? Because we see McKinney, Texas, they bought five acres of land they want to put up some sort of Islamic center and people have spoken out about it, but I think the board voted seven nothing in favor to build it. And actually one person who spoke has been going viral on social media. He was a former Islam and now he's a Christian. He's like blowing the lid off. How bad Shuri a law is. But like, do local communities care or are they just going to side with Islam?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I saw this story. Your state is demolishing in its own history? Yeah yeah, yeah, this has happened in Oliver, Texas.
Speaker 2: My gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to get Amy Mech on the show soon, who has been working really hard on this. I've been talking to her behind the scenes.
Speaker 10: Texas is a problem.
Speaker 3: This is a huge problem.
Speaker 4: And I will tell you when I go to Texas, it's almost like the kids are so used to this brand of Texas being hard right that they want to rebel against it, just because they don't understand that everybody has been moving to their state because it's a great place, and their their traditional values that they suddenly want to reject are also what makes it so great. So there's just no appreciation for their heritage in their past. But yeah, I mean, these city councils are out of line, and who knows what's happening. Either they don't want to be called the racist word, they don't want the R word to happen, or there's money involved. There's pressure from development developers. Texas has a real big problem with developers just running rough shot over the state. They're ripping up farmland left and right. They love they love building homes on old farms and things like that, and then you've got this whole move. I mean, there's a Oftentimes Tyler will say this about Arizona. The lefties in Arizona are radical lefties, like we have the craziest lefties. If you go around the state, it feels like a center right state. It very much does. You can feel the spirit of the people. But the lefties that we have are radical, and I think Texas is the same way. Look at this picture of throw it up of James tal Rico and this gal. I mean, this is an image of Texas. If we can, I guess we can't, all right, if you throw it up, I mean you'll see what I mean here James tal Rico. So I don't know exactly the underlying story here of this particular city council, but the town came out and just raged against them, and they still voted to pass this. And I believe that Texas now has the same second most mosques or is it the third. It's like New York, California.
Speaker 3: To it's top three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a big state. So yeah, it's a big state. But I mean it's Texas. It's crazy and they are trying to conquer. Do you know any specifics about this case.
Speaker 11: Not in this specific one, Well, I know, yeah, the areas that aren't getting conquered by Mohammedan's and Islam are getting conquered, conquered by Indians.
Speaker 10: So the whole the whole state is just being right.
Speaker 16: Like Crisco is big.
Speaker 3: Frisco, Texas, which is.
Speaker 4: A very wealthy is very big Indians liberal bastion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me see Austin Yep.
Speaker 4: Demolate of a of a century old of the century old houses nineteen oh six, nineteen oh eight nu Asis.
Speaker 3: Historical Landmark Landmark.
Speaker 4: Commission was told it has zero power to stop it because of a twenty nineteen state law protects religious organizations from local historic review. No hearing, no debate, just gone. And uh yeah, it's wild, It's it's terrifying. We got a couple more questions here, Anthony, we're going to get to thank you for calling in.
Speaker 3: Who's next, let's do Julia?
Speaker 2: Julia?
Speaker 3: All right, Julia, what's your question?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: Um mute yourself.
Speaker 2: Julia. Uh, well, we're running out of time, so how about we read her question. Then she says, when did Charlie spend time reading the Bible? He was so busy, so I'm curious to know how he managed his time. Danny, you might know that one best.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean he read it all the time on the planes that we take and all that kind of stuff. He was always studying from it too. Frank Turk was a good friend of his who he's always then communicating with him to further his understanding of stuff. So apologetically, Yeah, apologetics, and yeah, the rest of the time he did it by himself, quietly at home.
Speaker 2: He did it at home a lot. I think one thing about Charlie is he was a busy guy. But I think one thing we have to emphasize is how Charlie was highly effective and efficient with his time. So, for example, we know he was really busy, yet Charlie was not a guy who was at the office at nine pm every night, which is maybe your classic workaholic thing. Charlie actually did try to get home at a reasonable hour with his family, and so I think a lot of this. He would talk about studying all the Dennis Prager courses. He would go home. He would be listening to that while arriving. He would be doing that at home while he's with his family.
Speaker 4: He watched every single fireside chat too, which was pretty fun. And he read the Bible series of the Torah that Dennis wrote. But yeah, he studied it a lot, and I think he remember he took a Sabbath, and that was one of the things he would do on the sabbath.
Speaker 3: So that was Charlie.
Speaker 2: She was very good about not it's so easy to have more time. You think about, think about the amount of time where you're just sort of waste in the margins between. So you pull out your phone and you're reading it, and that turns into a fifteen minute thing. And you do that in the morning, you do it at lunch, and you do it after Suddenly that's forty five minutes to an hour. You could have been dedicated to reading your Bible per day. And Charlie's the guy where he was actually doing that. He was never just doomed scrolling on his phone.
Speaker 10: Who do we got next, Sandy?
Speaker 3: Sandy, welcome to the show. Please unmute yourself.
Speaker 12: I feel like I'm a Texan and I feel like twenty plus years ago, when I was just starting out really in my career, about ten years in, I was called on as a junior person to help the Indian contractors, you know, assimilate basically work with them, bring them in and again, hey, I'm I'm looking as a Christian, I'm you know, accepting people, just caring for people. And I still have some very long friends that are Indian in different industries now and everything. But I just feel like I helped it, you know, start bringing them in. And then and cut to twenty years later. You know I was let go because of the hostility of you know, one of the reasons, hostility towards you know, anyone who disagreed with them.
Speaker 4: All right, So Sandy, you're saying, twenty years ago, you helped these people assimilate, you love them, you had a Christian heart towards them.
Speaker 3: Fast forward twenty years later.
Speaker 4: You're getting let go because of some hostility within the Indian community towards you a white Texan.
Speaker 3: Is that basically it?
Speaker 12: I mean, you know, I again, I consider it as individuals. You know, I'm not gonna say the whole Indian community or anything like that, because I do have some cherished friends that.
Speaker 3: I still have that you're not hateful towards them. But what how did you get fired out?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 12: I was let go with a you know, corporate wide downprising, if you will. Yeah, but I had already been you know, shared with me that you know, oh, well, you you know, you probably don't want to, you know, Ruffle feathers with you know, within the contractors. And at that time I was a manager with twenty something contractors offshore, and you know who I really cared about and took care of, but mainly the ones that were here on shore supposedly speaking for them and trying to maneuver contracts and everything. Here we can constantly butted heads. I mean, it just it was truly unfortunate.
Speaker 3: Was it cultural?
Speaker 4: Were they trying to move contracts to other Indians where and you were trying to do what was best in the.
Speaker 3: Company's interest or or what what? What specifically was the issue?
Speaker 12: Definitely butting heads on. I was looking out for the best interests of the company and they were just trying to make sure they got contracts renewed, more money, more money, you know, more people, and you know it's.
Speaker 3: Just I have a question for you.
Speaker 4: Did you notice that Indians wanted to hire other Indians and that was pretty much what they were interested in or were they open to hiring whites, blacks, Hispanics.
Speaker 12: When I left, our CIO was Indian and we had many levels of our organization beginning to be populated by Indians. So you got replaced yeah mm, yeah, which again. You know when I walked out the when I was escorted out the door, I told my you know, it was a a VP at that level. I told him God's God's got me. So I had no you know, animosity towards them. I knew that God was allowing this change in my life. And it's been a struggle, but I know He still has me and it's increased my faith.
Speaker 4: Well, God, bless you on the on the micro level, because God does have you, and God's got a plan and that is true. But on the macro level, we should not be importing hundreds of thousands of foreigners to come replace Americans in their place of work. That is a breakdown of the social compact. That is a breakdown of I think a government's responsibility to its own people. And they're putting the interest of corporations before the interests of the American people that vote for them. And so I am extraordinarily upset on your behalf that you've had to train your replacements and ultimately be replaced by them and shoved out of a job. And this is why there's so much passion about h one B's and these tech companies and these offshoring of American jobs, because by birth and by right, we should be given first opportunity to thrive in this country because you were born here, you were raised here. And twenty years ago, when this was all just starting, this wasn't a concern. People didn't realize what was coming down the pipe for them. But now we know, and so to continue to allow this to happen is an absolute travesty. It's I think, morally wrong on so many levels. And so it kind of goes back to this conversation about how should we structure our economy the free market. The free market will if you just if you have zero regulations on anything, they'll just offshore everything. They'll hollow out the industrial base in the Midwest. So I want to I want an economy that, yeah, we're capital is free to move, but we incentivize employers and businesses to keep their business here into higher American And I'm sorry this happened to you, but it's all too common and it breaks my.
Speaker 2: Heart for you.
Speaker 16: Thank you.
Speaker 12: And I I I heard that the that the leadership that I had at the time was cautioning me to, oh, kind of stay low, let us be the bad guy. And I'm like, you're not at You're not down at this level. You're not having the daily calls and the hours and hours on offshore and onshore calls and having to keep them accountable for the product that they provide. It I stagger at the thought of them out of money that was wasted and lost because of the whole situation. I loved that company and I I would have been faithful to them until I could have retired.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: Genuinely sorry for this happening to you, and it just like I said, it breaks my heart because your story is not.
Speaker 3: Unique to you. Unfortunately, this is happening all over the country, and that's people want.
Speaker 2: They want a country, they want cities, they want churches, and yet they want companies that they feel they belong to, and the long term trend towards all of those things. Feeling alienating and often like hostile or indifferent to you is a big driver of why I think a lot of people are feeling stressed out and unhappy, and even on the left, it's that a lot of this is is manifesting that way.
Speaker 4: I think, well, and I just want to you know, your Christian faith is beautiful and I commend you for that and all of God's children are made in his image and we should have a heart for them. But I just want to caution the Christians out there listening that if we are just sowing circle Christians, and I'm not accusing you of that, I just mean that there is this temptation as Christians to sort of sit back and let bad things happen because we want to be nice to everybody. Well, no, this was an injustice that was done to you. This shouldn't have happened. Your leaders failed you, Your political leaders failed you, your corporate leaders failed you. Your community leaders and city council people probably failed you as well.
Speaker 3: And it is okay to have.
Speaker 4: A righteous anger against these things and to not just be walked over. So, as Christians, we have a right to fight for the truth. We have a right to fight against injustice and to fight with all our might.
Speaker 3: And so that's what we should do. That's what Charlie did.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry this happened to you, but that's one of the reasons we do. What we do is so that this country changes and that we stop getting walked over and taking as suckers. Because we've been suckers for a long time. And I don't want this to happen to anybody else, So God bless you. I'm sorry about your story and thank you for sharing it with us today. That wraps this up for this Friday. We will see you again on Monday. God bless you all.
Speaker 2: Talk to you then. For more on many of these stories and news you can trust, go to Charliekirk dot com