Speaker 1: Keep it coming via what'sapp and seven to five six seven one five six seven. Now the Two Oceans Trash Bash Avery Ow and Zai and Johnson is active at this very moment in time bashing the trash then Zay and Johnson. What does that entail?
Speaker 2: Thanks very much, Clarence, A very good morning to you. It's tomorrow morning at about nine o'clock at beaching. You know it's it's in Multon on the nineteenth.
Speaker 1: That's right, it's going to be there. Yeah, he was talking about it this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lisa and I were at one of the previous trash bashes and it was amazing to see the amount of people that actually arrive. They arrive about twenty past eight, half past eight. The Two Oceans Aquarium as well as Save a Fishy normally put up a facility there and the city of Cape Town joins in and of course you you can arrive. It's good to wear a pair of wellies if you're bringing the children. And it's a great thing to bring the children to Clarence because the school holiday still and they can come and join in and clean up that lagoon beach. We had a whole lot of stuff last time. We found a tire, we found a douvet cover, we found so much plastic. And this is the key thing. Uh, you know, we we often complain and we often talk about the plastic that's in the ocean, and there's so much plastic in the ocean causing major problems to the to the sea life and and to you know, the the the the animals in the ocean, and it becomes a major problem. But we we actually don't realize that it doesn't actually only start with what we discard on the ocean or what we discribed on the beaches that land up in the sea. It is actually what we discard in the rivers that eventually land up in the sea. And we chose Molton Lagoon because there are two rivers that actually mouth acts at that particular section and whatever happens upstream, like you know, your your diapers, your your your earbuds and all of those things that people discarding the rivers, those things land up in the ocean. So, yeah, the Two Oceans Aquarium, it's a fantastic event. Bring the children, Bring everybody at nine o'clock. A promises to be a good day. Just over one hundred people last time. We're looking for quite a few people to join us this week, and it's at the Lagoon Beach and it's just at nine o'clock. We give you a pair of gloves, we give you a bag, and you walk with a group and you pick up whatever you find on the on that beachfront.
Speaker 1: I'm just kind of imagining it. I guess there's a sense of accomplishment thereafter.
Speaker 2: Is it not. I think you you know, when you when you've picked up half a bag or a full bag of of you know, of of whatever is sort of left by people on that beachfront, you feel that you've contributed. And this is the key thing is to teach your children if you bring them with that you have contributed something to making the ocean a safe place and a better place for all marine life. And I think this is where one needs to commend the Two Oceans Aquarium because you know, very often we talk about pasting in the sy we talk about the fact that we need to keep the marine life, you know, safe, and all of that, but very little gets done. And this is an opportunity for you and for your children to come along and do something and feel that accomplishment and feel that you've done something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can also imagine a wonderful little maybe induction, especially for young people into you know, the preservation of our marine ecosystem and just an understanding of how we fit into nature as well. Are there a lot of young people that participate.
Speaker 2: There are loads of kids. I mean, lest there's two children with there, and everybody you know brought their kids along with And this is the key. If we don't teach our children, we don't actually bring this across to them to show them that listen, hear you guys need to take care of the ocean and that this is yours after this is your sort of inheritance that we're leaving you. If you don't take care of it, then obviously you know, we will be we will we'll be we'll be in problems with with marine life. And it's not only just fish and stuff like that. It is Wales, it is you know, dolphins, it is turtles and stuff like that. And the two oceans. A current for instance, rehabilitated a few turtles which they put back into the sea again. So it's that kind of a legacy that we need to leave for our children, is to show them and to indicate to them listen here we are taking care of the ocean, and when we are gone, you need to also carry on with that legacy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, absolutely, yeah. Okay, So how many.
Speaker 2: People are expecting, Well, we had quite a few. We had just one one hundred people last time. And I think, you know, I hope that people listening this morning will will turn up tomorrow morning and then you know, it's it's easy. We give you a bag, we give you some gloves. Afterwards, there's some nice little things that are given to the children. Save a Fishy has got a stall because Save a Fishy has just been on on on a clean up spree of all the beaches along the West coast and the East coast. Uh And they do that once once a year, and if you think about it, last year they collected about thirty eight tons of of uh you know, of of of of plastic and stuff that was all along our coast. So if you think about thirty eight tons, it's quite a phenomenal feat to to know that, you know, we we saved that amount of plastic that is not going into the sea.
Speaker 1: We're gonna, We're gonna arrested there Zie Johnson, I am teeing off a little later on this morning. You may just see me there. Maybe I can do a couple of minutes before I head off at for my Saturday morning golf game.