Speaker 1: It's GoGet Worth poker face on KFA Morning's thirteen after eight o'clock. We're gonna get a little bit wild in the prank. This is a Facebook Marketplace purchase gone wrong. Are you ready to take your laugh into your own hands? Sounds serious and make a purchase on Facebook Marketplace and go collect a toaster under a bridge. Hold on.
Speaker 2: I hope this doesn't jeopardize the pr for Facebook Marketplace, Darren, because as a Facebook Marketplace addict.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need more.
Speaker 2: People to actually enjoy everything that it has to offer. It's an amazing place and Sims, you have more than just one success story, Yes, great success stories. Do you know how many rich people put their furniture up on Facebook Marketplace for nothing, for next to nothing?
Speaker 1: Have you so?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: What have you bought successfully on Facebook Marketplace?
Speaker 2: I bought a antique desk, I've bought lamps, I've bought side tables. I went through a phase where I was doing a bit too much, so then I pulled back. Can those was something? And then I was also looking for cameras on there, digital cameras, vintage cameras. Can you go so much?
Speaker 1: Can you go look for an old portable TV that I'm looking for. I shall do that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I will please, but don't even have to pay me there.
Speaker 1: But but you need to do the pickup you need to. I'll give you the money, but I'm not putting my life.
Speaker 2: Into me for my services.
Speaker 1: Actually, i'll pay you. I'll pay you, I'll give you danger pay I'll pay you whatever you need.
Speaker 2: Because Facebook Marketplace people know the moment you wake up, you go on. You go on that website, and you stay on that website until you find what you what you need. You can't just pop in for two minutes. You're not going to get what you want.
Speaker 1: Okay, well listen, just play the prank jingle right now, stop what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Here is another world famous prank from Daring Wackheads, something exclusive to KEYFM mornings.
Speaker 1: So let me tell you this when, as they always say, if something seems too good to be true, it probably isn't be discerning. So would you buy a car on Facebook market I've heard success stories. It's not something I would do.
Speaker 2: It's just too big of a well.
Speaker 1: So I don't know about enough about cars to buy a secondhand car, so that in itself would be too big of a risk.
Speaker 2: Well, definitely not marketing. Lest Yeah, I sold my motorbike on Facebook marketplace. Yeah, thank you for your service, thank you for contributing to the community.
Speaker 1: And did it take long to get a buyer? I think? I think because I passed it. Well, it's like literally one day and when the gar rocked up. Were you're a bit nervous at first? It's not the first thing I've sold a marketplace. Really, You've got to keep your wits about you. You've got to check the profiles, check history, what they've bought and sold. You gotta be discerning about it because you never know who's rocking. Yeah, yeah, for sure. We've heard some some some stories, right, and.
Speaker 2: It goes both ways, both buyers and saved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so what happens with this guy. This guy's a very pleasid guy. So he checks the bargain of a lifetime. He wants to buy a card. It's like it's ten thousand bucks, you know what I mean, And and you know it's like get it now. Otherwise are you a serious buyer? If you are to secure it in your name? Put a thousand rand deposit now? Okay, it's one of those and it's he's clearly been scammed. Yeah, so he's been trying to phone the guy. He's made a thousand deposit, and he keeps phoning the guy. Bag He's like, hey, doesn't Now the guy just doesn't doesn't answer the phone. He's blocked the number. But now his colleague so he's placid, he's chill, and he's very like nervous with the situation, doesn't know who's dealing with, doesn't want to get involved, and just you know what, I lost a thousand bucks. I lost a thousand bucks silling me, you know. And but his colleague smokes a bit of a role. He's like, if we get hold of this guy, I'm gonna talk to him. That's roll. I'm gonna okay, So.
Speaker 2: We all need heroes like that.
Speaker 1: We did. So this is it.
Speaker 2: Prover.
Speaker 3: Hello Jackie, because we're gonna give my money back. Hello, we're speaking.
Speaker 1: It's Martin.
Speaker 3: Martin.
Speaker 4: Tell me the buck you sot it available?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Can you bring it for me?
Speaker 1: I need a thousand ren deposit first.
Speaker 3: Now you know what you me the first time, You're not gonna me the second time.
Speaker 4: No, okay, no, look you listen to me.
Speaker 1: No, you don't know who you speak.
Speaker 3: I don't take from you. I will find you, my friend.
Speaker 4: I will make sure I take you out. Do you understand me?
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, But what I'm saying is is that, yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't care what you're telling me. Okkay, Look, I'm crazy your collage.
Speaker 1: We talk. But what I'm saying, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: What I'm getting you is you bring a bucket to my premises. I'll pay you the difference, or I will runch you down.
Speaker 3: My friend. You don't know me.
Speaker 1: Okay, but look I need a thousand redeposit first.
Speaker 4: My friend?
Speaker 3: What did I kill you? And a thousand men?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: No, you bring a bucky okay, and I will talk about If you're not interested in you can take my thousand men. You can, you can yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, but but why would I have to practice safe sex on myself?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, No, Look what I'm saying is is that, Look, I granted I conned you the first time. Promise I'm not gonna con you now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, need a thousand nine to know that you're serious? Okay?
Speaker 3: What do you need a thousand and for?
Speaker 1: Just for you to make a deposit? On the vehicle. So then you're still owe me nine thousand m okay, just so that so that you know that that you're serious buyer.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen. If I wasn't a serious buy I would not giving you the first thousand and.
Speaker 4: We took before.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but but okay, but you know what.
Speaker 3: The longer you talk to me, the mom trae you're called the mom will find me the bomb. All right, So do me a favor. Give me a bank account number.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's abs.
Speaker 4: Under what names account.
Speaker 2: It's and.
Speaker 1: You can just put it there. It's fine.
Speaker 4: I need to know under what name it means. I'm not stupid under what name?
Speaker 1: Uh, just it doesn't matter. That doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: If you my friend, I need your name. Oil go get understand you reverse a thousand and you took into my account.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right when you come out for you in cage for the vehicle.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm not stupid, man, I'm not as stupid old that's going to get conned over a thousand rand.
Speaker 3: Go try your luck somewhere out.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, hold on, we want to talk it deal. You want talk deal? Okay, the content.
Speaker 3: Listen, don't phone me again. No craze your number. Okay, okay, all right. If I don't get my thousand and back in my account by tomorrow, I promise you you will not walk again. Put my thousand back into my account. You bring a car to me, and I'll give you your money in No, okay, no.
Speaker 1: No, that the thousand rand is what I conned you legitimately. It was a legitimate con.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a legitimate connin you're not going to call me again?
Speaker 1: No, right, no, I'm not gonna con you again. That's what I'm saying. Put another thousand and you'll get the car this time.
Speaker 3: Listen, you bring a car, I'll meet you after you the full money.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not taking your order.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 1: Listen, hey, list hey, I'm listening. What did you say the son? What did you meet me by?
Speaker 3: Mill?
Speaker 1: Bring?
Speaker 2: I'll give you a Do.
Speaker 4: You wasted your time?
Speaker 1: Hello, Superman? Yes, okay, yes, okay, okay, I must tell you that the car works runs perfectly.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm not worried I would runs. I just need to see you to get my money and just on the difference.
Speaker 1: No, but you you're taking the car.
Speaker 4: Right, Yes, I'm taking the car.
Speaker 1: Okay, will you be able to give me a lift back home? Then?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my friend, don't you understand English? Okay, I will not give you a thousand and deposit.
Speaker 3: Now you bring a card to the shell grudge and I will find you at the shell grudge that it oils.
Speaker 4: Don't for me, I'm not interested.
Speaker 1: Look, if you don't think the car is in good order, I don't care.
Speaker 3: In good order order? Okay, that is my condition.
Speaker 4: I'm not interested. Don't for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I'm not selling you a piece of scrap here, it's you're.
Speaker 3: A piece of scrap.
Speaker 4: You wasting your time?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not look listen to waste your time.
Speaker 2: Listen to me?
Speaker 4: Do you understand what it does?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What do you know? What to does? What is it?
Speaker 4: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: No? What is that?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Aything between your girlfriend's legs?
Speaker 1: Sounds nice? Man? Okay, listen, Hello, you.
Speaker 3: Know that he's your body? Because I'm.
Speaker 4: Hello, where are you?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna take it?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not gonna take it. Leave it.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know who's speaking?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Who are you? Kid? Simpson?
Speaker 4: That's good, that's good.
Speaker 3: But you you know what this guy has been answering this poor man, and I said, you know at the school income, let me take over from you and.
Speaker 4: Stuff, because he is going to be on the air now, said.
Speaker 1: Yes it is. You know what, everybody needs a met like that, at least one someone that's gonna fight your battles for you. Some people are are show I mean, I've done pranks before and and the guys just loved just just he's They get scared, they get like nervous, or maybe it's just not non confrontational. Just leave it, just let us go away. You need a guy like that in your life, in your phone. This guy is going to sort out my problems.
Speaker 2: You guys are going to toe in. That matched each other's energy to the very end. He was incredible back and forth. He wasn't letting up.
Speaker 1: And I was even almost matching his accent at times. It's the pray with ice called lakes here on k FM mornings. Okay, we've got some messages here from the prank. Dude buying car or a Facebook marketplace.
Speaker 3: Was a pre.
Speaker 1: Face start. And your absolutely you need to help.
Speaker 2: Hello Superman, yeah to his mouths.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 2: He responded to.
Speaker 1: That, eh, yeah, you were.
Speaker 2: You were both equally irritating, you know, like it's just like this. No one wants to put a foot back, no one wants to take a step back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we were jousting, so but those are real conversations, you know. I'm telling you one of those is coming for you on Facebook Marketplace.
Speaker 2: No, I've got a good ride. I've had a really good stream.