Speaker 1: For some prison is where it ends. For all court gives where it begins. TV show, This is the real world, and this is what's happening at the courthouse on KFM mornings point for me.
Speaker 2: And yesterday remy editors. Goodwood, Goodwood, Goodwood, great Wood. It's always great out in Goodwood. Eh, it's always fire.
Speaker 3: The suburbs always hold the darker stories.
Speaker 4: Un let's be real. Rebbies will get the people.
Speaker 2: Talking, Okay. So this is where he patrols the courthouses all over the Western Cape, Goodwood, the one yesterday, and he asks everybody one simple question, what.
Speaker 3: Are you doing at the courthouse today?
Speaker 5: To support My partner has been arrested for a case sexual assault.
Speaker 6: This is a very sea of things. How long do you know him?
Speaker 5: Five years? We've been seeing each other now for a year.
Speaker 3: You were telling me that the charge is completely false.
Speaker 5: A charge was later A kissed him from his ex is his baby mama. My partner, Mary kay is opened against the current boyfriend.
Speaker 3: So her current boyfriend for what the reason?
Speaker 5: They trespased his property and he pointed a firearm at your partner, at my partner in his house. They were intoxicated and He's obviously been animosity obviously. And what is so crazy about it is this incident happened while the kids was around, rapped in front of him, so the firearm was pointed at the dead front of Yes, of the age of four and two.
Speaker 6: Was the mother present when this happened, Okay, so she obviously really didn't regard her kids in this in this instance, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know what was going through her mind.
Speaker 3: At that time.
Speaker 6: Your partner then goes and layser case against his baby mama's boyfriend or partner. Then she goes and lays a sexual assault yes charge against him.
Speaker 5: Yes, So on the day that he appeared, she threatened my partner to say, I'm going to lay a case against you. You are going to jail. I'm going to be sure that you go to jail. It did nothing to her.
Speaker 3: Now he has been arrested and inside you.
Speaker 5: Yes, she knew it would be arrested immediately on a Schedule five case.
Speaker 3: But did she have proof of this though?
Speaker 5: It was a word and according to the case rappen on the fourth, but and she only opened it on the twenty six. So he's traumatized. This work is being affected itself that for that, she's taking advantage. She's just regarding the authority of the court. She should know. She shouldn't take it lightly to commit perjury as well.
Speaker 6: Obviously this is something that was completely unforeseen.
Speaker 5: This is just the word of mouth. And it's been two days now that he's been locked up.
Speaker 3: Wow, two days, that's crazy. Thank you very much for your time, Ma'm thank you. What are you doing at the courthouse today?
Speaker 7: I'm here for maintenance my ex husband. He came to appeal on the maintenance. She is not able to pay spousal maintenance and child.
Speaker 3: Maintenance for yourself and for your kid. How many kids do you have?
Speaker 7: I have two kids, but one with my ex husband.
Speaker 3: Now basic basis for one kid.
Speaker 7: Yes, basically it for one kid.
Speaker 3: And how come it's for yourself as well?
Speaker 7: During our marriage, my husband and during my pregnancy, my husband cheated on me with my best friend who loves opposite us. When I found out last year on January, he moved out by us and he started building a life with his girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Which is your ex best friend.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I bought house to get in everything there ever two month baby also now, oh and now we for the divorce was finalized in everything, but appealing that he won't be able to play spousal maintenance and the child maintenance.
Speaker 6: So basically the reason why, obviously the espousal maintenance is because you were so pregnant with your.
Speaker 3: Child and he didn't cheat.
Speaker 7: It Is that why he moved out when our baby was a month old?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I moved out.
Speaker 7: And then started building a life with his girlfriend, his current girlfriend. Yet I didn't see the signs of the red flags. I didn't see any of it.
Speaker 4: She was like.
Speaker 7: Sleeping over by us. Oh I didn't see any Yes, I trusted both both of them with my life.
Speaker 3: How long do you know her?
Speaker 7: Since you were three years old?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 7: Yeah? She was like my mom's don't keep my sister.
Speaker 3: So yeah, how are you feeling?
Speaker 7: I'm trying to Yeah, I need to go for my children. I need to say strong.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a story out of a movie.
Speaker 7: Yes, Yes, I think I can write a book. Yes, they also went for protection orders against me. Why apparently I rest him in everything, But that thing was sorted out here and tomorrow is was supposed to be our anniversary and today I'm here at good Whether.
Speaker 3: Is he here?
Speaker 2: Yes? Easier?
Speaker 3: How does he face you though, I.
Speaker 7: Don't think he feels anything, both of them. If I'm gonna lit sold me back, then where am I gonna get myself in life?
Speaker 3: Where do you see yourself after this?
Speaker 7: Successful? For my children, for myself? Like I said, I need to move forward. I need to show my daughters, my eldest one specifically, because she's starting year old. She knows everything that's going on, So I need to show up. It's not okay to be treated this way. True, it doesn't matter what life throws that you. You need to move forward. You need to work on to become what you need to become.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for your time, man, Thank you, good attitude.
Speaker 4: Man, Sure the way I'm rooting for that woman?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Another love thy neighbor.
Speaker 4: Eh, but how heart breaking someone you saw as a sister, someone you trusted your entire life.
Speaker 2: You know they say most accidents happen within five ks of your house. I'm sure most cheating happens within one kilometer of your house.
Speaker 3: Yeay, within the same friend groups, work.
Speaker 2: Group, Yeah, most cheating happens within what's that the the degrees of separate six degrees? Six degrees? Like you pick anybody in the world. I think with cheating, probably one degree of separation. Hey hey, all right, that's what's happening out in Goodwood courthouses. Good job for me, Thank you very much your comments on over two nine four five zero nine four zero Frank on the way in fifteen minutes. It's a big one. Love it age hearing Sapphire here on k FM Mornings. All right, the courthouse? What's he gonna the courthouse with Ramis? I love your comments from the gallery. What are you saying today morning, guys?
Speaker 3: Motivation?
Speaker 2: I think that's what everybody in lives that lady there and all goes out to her with them positive.
Speaker 3: She's got you go gole you go, gole you.
Speaker 2: How's that guy leaves two months old?
Speaker 3: Baby? Babies are bad? Oaks? I said you.
Speaker 4: Also, it's so easy to judge that guy. But as the other woman, how do you think that this is a great deal for you?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, which which which woman you're talking about?
Speaker 3: The best friend?
Speaker 2: Friend?
Speaker 4: Like, how do you think that is like a steal? Oh my gosh, I'm going to steal my my besties. Man, she's got a one month old at home. But that is the price to me that is my new man. Why would you want that? I would be petrified that this man would turn and leave me too. We've seen that story so many times, where you think you special and you're just not.
Speaker 2: You're just another stepping start. Well, you know.
Speaker 3: What's going on in the boobs?
Speaker 2: Why are you asking me? Everything that's happening is good ones far from me?
Speaker 4: No, no, but I mean blowberg, good words, birds and birds and birth.
Speaker 3: What are neighbors doing to each other? What are friends doing to each other?
Speaker 2: Scared?
Speaker 3: I'm scared guys giving desperate housewives.
Speaker 4: People are bored people honestly and like follow your dream Herald Compass.
Speaker 2: What did I say about marriage Advarsity the other day? Selfish? People are selfish, and that's what it is. If you want a happy marriage and you're not selfish, ninety percent of your problems go away.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're also talking about like a midlife crisis.
Speaker 5: And for a lot of people, a midlife crisis is pilates, but.
Speaker 3: For others it's cheating. Yeah, it's like, okay, but.
Speaker 4: I love this woman's attitude.
Speaker 2: Hey, she's going to be successful.
Speaker 3: We're all rooting for her.
Speaker 2: She seems strong. Just doo