Speaker 1: Stop, stop what you're doing. Here is another world famous cranky call from Darren Wackhead something six exclusive to KFM mornings.
Speaker 2: So the fun of a funer made us dream a little bigger today getting through to the next round. It's a first in South African footballing history. Momentous occasion, huge achievement, well done, the fun of a fun So we had our own moment in twenty ten. Yes, all right, this this, this country was on another level.
Speaker 1: Crazy to think that was sixteen years ago.
Speaker 2: Sixteen years ago. The final happened on July eleven, twenty ten at Soccer City. I don't know what it's called now. It was FNB Stadium, Soccer City that holds ninety four to seven ninety four, seven hundred.
Speaker 1: People where you worked then, yes.
Speaker 2: And I remember we were like, hey, it's the same amount of seats. So everybody was on a bus. And when it came to the final game Spain v. The Netherlands, everybody was trying to hustle tickets because it was sold out before the event even started.
Speaker 1: But now there's the tickets that are.
Speaker 2: On the street right, Okay, just as a point of notire, the cheapest ticket that you could buy for the twenty ten feet for World Cup Final in South Africa Standard Stadium, Prissing, the cheapest ticket was take a guest, let me let me first do it this way. Sixteen years later, in the USA, the cheapest ticket you can buy through the normal FIFA prossing structure. The aftermarket tickets are way, way, way higher. But the cheapest ticket that you can buy is ninety eight thousand rand. That's in the nosebleeds, that's with your back against the wall of the stadium, right up top. Ninety eight thousand rane is the cheapest ticket you can buy. Then it tears down to you know, send a pitch main stand to one hundred and eighty six thousand rand one ticket to go see the final this year?
Speaker 1: What an expensive exercise when it's expensive in dollars. No, you know that we stand no chance.
Speaker 2: So if ninety eight thousand rane is the cheapest ticket to get into the final, now what do you think it was the cheapest ticket in South Africa ten years ago, sixteen years ten years ago?
Speaker 1: I know it wasn't it wasn't too bad? Hey, No, I would say probably like a thousand rand.
Speaker 2: Or one thousand rain. You bang on the money there twelve nine years the most Yeah, the two thousand rand was them and we saw that as expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was like, whoa, you guys are robbing us.
Speaker 3: I remember as a student then it was it was a lot, but it would still doable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, now the most expensive seat main stand, center of the pitch. How much do you think that was? Considering now that ticket in america'se hundred and eighty six thousand rans for the final.
Speaker 1: Times time was ten six three hundred ran. Was that the most expense?
Speaker 2: That was the most expensive ticket six thousand, three hundred rand.
Speaker 1: Okay, suddenly that sounds so doable. Why was I not there? It does now?
Speaker 2: But sixteen years ago we did think it was expensive, right, So that is why there was such a big market for reselling tickets. And remember this is before digital tickets. This year had to go with a hard copy of a ticket. And remember there was a thing where where people would photocopy tickets. I mean it was we honestly thought, you know, ninety four to seven ninety seven hundred tickets, there's going to be like two hundred thousand tickets out there trying to get into the stadium. So there were people selling tickets everywhere. They were selling tickets on country at that time. They were selling them everywhere. Did you know somebody? Did you know somebody? So this guy thought he'd secured tickets from a very reliable source, and they did the exchange that there were He bought four tickets, four thousand randed tickets for cash, cash, brown paper bag, and he got handed what he thought was four tickets. And this happened at where most great transactions happened in South Africa, where at a petrol station exactly right. So they met up, they met face to face, did the exchange. He has a brand paper bag, he has the tickets, look legit, and then we're gonna make that whole carte blanche exposee come and revealed to him. So he's met the guar face to face. He even thought, like, you know, if this is a scam, we can get the petrol station security footage of the guar that's sold in the tickets.
Speaker 1: But he believes it's real.
Speaker 2: But he has this little suspicion that what if it's not, So let's make it not. Okay, all right, whole family's in on this.
Speaker 4: It's mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: This question that I've got a problem.
Speaker 6: What congetres?
Speaker 5: I mean, why Jonathan. I don't know.
Speaker 6: There's a problem with Jonathan. So you family, I just gave him a lot of money, some more. Yeah, no, don't tell me then, yeah, no, she just gave him some more money. Oh no, have you given the money to Jonathan already?
Speaker 5: Yes, that's a trick. I've putching you this like.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know him that well, you know, you know, otherwise he's a dead man.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll speak you later.
Speaker 6: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: That's the dad.
Speaker 7: Now calling.
Speaker 8: Hello, fivees whirs. I mean, it's just came or I don't know. There's a problem with the tickets.
Speaker 6: I said, but you just gave out more money.
Speaker 4: Thanks Giving Mary County. He's just left here, and.
Speaker 8: I'll go from I'll go, I'll draft through that window the shop.
Speaker 5: I will get the rug in the head lace morrow, go right through the building and the money.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, he's calling me, he's calling me.
Speaker 5: Then here here's Jonathan. Apparently there's the problem with the tickets and there's no tickets.
Speaker 8: There's no tickets. Okay, well, then just take the money back.
Speaker 5: To my wife.
Speaker 8: I know what. No, Oh, it's a problem, is a mess of problem.
Speaker 5: But but but my wife gave you the money, not even an hour ago. So where's the money?
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you, yes, thanks, so you must return it.
Speaker 2: I am sorry to do this, but this was for my my wife's operation.
Speaker 8: What for your wife's operation?
Speaker 5: Yes, if you scammed me, we're not talking little peanut money. You're okay, Oh my god, company.
Speaker 8: You're gonna foove me?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 6: Well hello, uh cheese and rough.
Speaker 8: We scam rubbish. I swear on my and he said no, he's having an operation for his wife.
Speaker 4: Whatever he's that's five times.
Speaker 8: So you know what goes wrong? I told you from the word dot, from the word like.
Speaker 4: Actually operation doesn't work yet.
Speaker 1: Ye go, I'm gonna put your both on hold o he loo Jonathan.
Speaker 3: Yes, the guard that you scammed in for your wife's operation. Now obviously I've got the number. Now I want to track you down. You know I've got your number and we got your footage. How can you first to give a fue number?
Speaker 1: So why are you bugging me now?
Speaker 5: Because I want my money?
Speaker 1: You want to talk a deal?
Speaker 8: A deal?
Speaker 1: Yes, what deal?
Speaker 2: My wife she's going in for the for a kidney operation.
Speaker 1: How many kidneys you got?
Speaker 8: What are you gonna give me money? My money back and I must.
Speaker 1: Give you a kidney yes, face fair, you can keep the money. Well, the visiting hours will be between seven and eight.
Speaker 5: The money I need drugs?
Speaker 8: Give our money back? Oh my, what's giving.
Speaker 2: Yo? You talk?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 1: Put that in the in the library. That's history, that's absolutely, put it in the museums and the stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm out of love here on k F Morning's a couple of messages here from the prank this morning guys.
Speaker 1: That was the I need drugs for me.
Speaker 7: That's law is giving got you.
Speaker 1: I don't know what was better, the prank or that guy's law.
Speaker 7: That was amazing that uncle laugh man, that is priceless. It's that love for me.
Speaker 1: Oh my word, that guy. Please play that lave over and over. That's what we need.
Speaker 4: What recond.
Speaker 1: And there's different tones to it. I love it.
Speaker 2: That is from the gut. You know, the dude that married your daughter. Pure pleasure right there