Speaker 1: It is time for consumer talk, and consumer journalist Wendy Nola is with us in studio today as well as another guest we'll.
Speaker 2: Introduce in just a moment.
Speaker 1: We're going to be talking about I think I have to say one of the subjects that generates the most complaints and queries into our inboxes collectively second hand car purchases and all the things that can go wrong. And as I said, we have an expert guest joining us to offer advice on ways of protecting yourself against some of the common pitfalls. So if you want to ask a question, or if you want to share your own experience as well, you're welcome to send a WhatsApp to seven two five six seven one five six seven or give us a call on two one four four six oh five six seven. Wendy, I'm not joking about the traffic of inbox complaints around cars. I mean, obviously, buying a car is for many of us, the first big purchase that we ever make.
Speaker 2: Price sensitivity is a key thing right now.
Speaker 1: So it's very understandable that a huge percentage of buyers opt for secondhand, but our inboxes bear testimony to the fact that it can go horribly wrong at great cost of a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Very well said, yeah, so used cars offer far more value than used ones, do I mean, let the new ones do rather, Rather they let the new buy suffer the loss in terms of depreciation and the rest, and then we can get a bargain. But you really need to have your wits about you and be prepared to spend time and a little bit of money doing some checks to avoid landing up with one with a very dodgy past. And you know, so many of them are very nicely put back together after a terrible smash. They land up looking and sounding lovely in that dealership listing. And we're talking about dealerships across the board, not just the little independent ones on the corner. We're talking about some of the big branded ones as well.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say there've been a couple of recent rulings by the Consumer Commission issuing very large fines to some very established deals.
Speaker 3: Exactly, so it's vital that you don't take the info on the dealers listening at face value. You need to check and two things in particular, my research tells me and my informants whether or not the stated mileage is legitimate, and whether it was restored to show them glory after being involved in a major accident. And those are two very very common scenarios in South Africa. The industry word for having the mileage manipulated. They're not going to they're going to turn it back, not forward, right, is car having a haircut. So if you're in the market for a car and you throw in these kinds of words, the salesperson might take you a little bit more serious. So there are a lot of cars that have had some very hairy haircuts out there, so you really need to check that number. So look these cars that have been as long as they've fixed to roadworthy standards and they go through a proper roadworthy not a corrupt one, and you could they could be put back on the road. But cars with bad accident has and very high mileage ought to be sold for you with full disclosure and at appropriate prices for that, not patched up chiny and you with the past not disclosed and really inappropriately high prices for what you're actually getting. But as in many cases paperwork might be fudged, it needs to be the past trauma is undisclosed, and they get sold as regular used.
Speaker 2: Cars on the show and floor.
Speaker 1: Okay, So obviously the million dollar question is how can we check because we don't know looking at a car from the outside, whether the mileage has been crooked and whether it has been patched up after an accident. Is there a way to find out what that car is really all about before you signed the offer to purchase?
Speaker 3: Yes, there is. There are a number of ways. But what Thassen Studio today is one of the owners of Cape based company First Check, which has been doing such checks for would be buyers or a modest sum Andrew Travers welcome.
Speaker 2: Great, have you weather sundry welcome, Thank you very very much.
Speaker 5: Thanks to SEVENA to Cape Talk and Wendy for everything that you do.
Speaker 1: You're here to that okay, So first, just tell us a little bit about about First Check, Andrew, before we dive into how you go about looking at things. Just give us a sense of the company, when it was started and what you do.
Speaker 5: Papa, First Check was started, it's over five years in the making now and we're extremely proud of what we've accomplished so far. First Check is a first in South Africa as a vehicle checking system and what this means is now all consumers can run the basic and extremely necessary checks and any vehicle registered in South Africa before they transact. We not only provide vehicle facts, but a place of reassurance and comfort and transparency, which is really key for any type of transaction regarding a vehicle that's on the South African road. With my team and years of building this technology and years of collecting data, including some assistance from strategic data partners, we now have a trusted and verified system that many, many thousands of South Africans are using on a daily basis, and many of them repeatedly.
Speaker 2: Okay, good to know.
Speaker 3: So what information do you need from a potential buyer or someone that has bought a car, used car and has begun to suspect that all was not disclosed when they bought it. What do they need to what's the process?
Speaker 5: Essentially, a buyer or a seller with intent would typically go to first check dot cosar. You take the unique seventeen digit VIN number off your vehicle, you put it into our website. It's impossible to get it incorrect because it's a confusing number in many cases, but there is only one way to put it in Whether you own a vehicle, you're looking at buying a vehicle, wanted to sell your current vehicle. First check would be an excellent place to start your journey, as we provide you with what we call a venty vehicle match, which is the start. It allows you to check that we in fact have the correct vehicle all the way down to the actual model and vehicle specifications.
Speaker 1: Okay, so sorry to interrupt, but if you're looking at buying a blue Honda Jazz and vin number x y Z and you put that into your system and it says, well that ven number actually belongs to a red Corolla, you know straight away something automatic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, be flagged once once we verified the ven number, the detailed customer value journey, if you will, begins and some of our most valuable touch points being actual live market values. We give you six different values actually, which is a spread across trade and retail high and low perceived market value. Any damage claims that have been recorded, in other words, official insurance claims at verified panel shops would be recorded obviously the.
Speaker 3: One real tell all that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it is naturally there are instances where a vehicle has been patched up by somebody that the accident was too small to claim and they go to a non franchised repair shop. Those aren't picked up first. Chick would always recommend doing a physical inspection on a vehicle if you see issues. There are various centers, roadworthy centers and vehicle checking centers that are able to help you with us. Very importantly, a police interest, and we see this every day, whether the vehicle is actively sought or if it's been stolen, if it's recorded as stolen. We see this very often, very importantly. Finance interest in the vehicle is that, in other words, is the title owner the title holder the owner? Or is does the vehicle belong is it finance doesn't belong to a bank? That's very very important.
Speaker 3: I've had cases where they haven't found out later that the bank is still care.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it happens often. Also, the micro dot status the vehicle as it's introduced into the South African system. Nowadays, new vehicles all come with the micro dot.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that, okay.
Speaker 5: And very importantly the vehicle specifications, even basic things like a long wheel base saloon for example, it can't fit in your garage. You know, it's important to important to know these kind of things.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's an awful lot of information that you can gather just from having.
Speaker 2: The VIN number.
Speaker 1: Rob asking the very important question of where on the card do you find.
Speaker 2: The VIN number?
Speaker 1: Do you have to look under the hood license for the card, ceter Is it just right there on the license disc?
Speaker 2: Is it anywhere else?
Speaker 5: Well, there's actually three ways. Either on the license disc, which is a piece of paper that's been printed that it is possible to fake it. To fake it, that's how people clone vehicles. But being a right hand drive country, typically on the left hand side at the base of the vehicle is wind screen. This is in the more modern vehicles, typically post ninety eight.
Speaker 3: At the bulk of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you will find the VEN number stamped on a plate which is as I said, at the bottom of the left hand side of the front.
Speaker 3: Wind screen, adding plane sight. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And also on more modern vehicles on the on the b pillar of the vehicle you will find a sticker which would also have the VEN number on. And if the vehicle has service books, the VEN numbers should be stamped somewhere in the service book.
Speaker 2: So you used to.
Speaker 3: These are the terms that I recommen. People throw around and they go looking for cars because it tells the dealership. You know what you're talking about. So your A pillar would be the edge of the wind screen and then you go backwards. So so the pillar between the front door frame and the wind screen is the and it just goes down the car B, C, D, depending how long the car is. So B is.
Speaker 5: Behind your please basically at your at your shoulder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at that.
Speaker 3: Vertical panel that goes down, that's the B pillar.
Speaker 1: Okay, learned something new today. Okay, So look on the license just look at the left hand side base of the windscreen. Look on the for the sticker on the B pillar, or go to the service history book of the car and awful places.
Speaker 2: Rob will help you find the VN the VIN numbers.
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking on behalf of all of us who were wondering the same thing.
Speaker 3: And before our listener points it out, as I know they will VIN numbers. You're basically saying vehicle identification number number. So yeah, in is the but most people call it the VIN number.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 1: Quick question for Andrew from Tabor. How is what first check does any different from what DECA or the AA.
Speaker 2: Do on checking second hand vehicles. Is it any different?
Speaker 5: In some ways, it is very different. In some ways, it's it's supportive.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: They would do a physical inspection and they would say, well, your tires are worn, or your shock absorbers are worn, or your exhaust hangar is worn, or it appears that the vehicle has been in an accident and it would need further inspection. What First Check does is we provide the facts about the vehicle. We avoid sensationalism and litigation, but we point if we establish something which we feel is suspect, it would be flagged. And it's essential information if you're buying or selling a vehicle.
Speaker 3: I think the clue is in the company named First Check. I would say that you're easily online, put them in in and you get you see if any red flags come up, I would say certainly that you should have you know, you must test drive the cou must see it in person. The big thing now is to buy everything digitally and then if you if I caped out Joe Big Dealer, you get it on a carrier and get it sent down here. Too many people are doing that, my goodness, because they saw a video that the dealership sent them, everything looked fine, there's a lot that will hide. And even if there's nothing wrong with the car, it might not be might not suit you. The clutchmate might take too late. You might not be able to get a comfortable right drive position. You know, I'd say you must drive the car, and you must experience it physically at the very least. If you're buying from another province, get these professional checkers view for you as a group that our country wide, and I deal with them quite a lot that will go and give you a very full report having driven you know, the car, hoisted it up, had a good look for accident damage and the rest. But I think certainly something like first check went for How much? How does it cost? I think this is what we wanted to know.
Speaker 5: The starting price for an verification is only forty nine round. If you look for evaluation, it's ninety nine round. If you look for a full report, it's one hundred and forty nine round. The value behind that is exceptional.
Speaker 2: A entiny amount of is the risk that you take.
Speaker 5: Brain once the once the veinners run through our platform and the technology, this exciting AI space that we loosely refer to nowadays used correctly by us. By ad we can now assist our clients vehicle journey with their vehicle journey and health check through different lenses and which is one of full transparency, meaning we can immediately understand if a vehicle is high risk or a lower risk vehicle well while always looking out for our customers and avoiding costly mistakes. I mean, a vehicle is the second largest expense second home nowadays, sometimes even more than a home. And you know, we we we point things out before you experience the headaches. You know, when you get your valuation, depending on the condition of the vehicle, the kilometers driven, the value is adjusted. As I said to verified claim history, we we see a lot of people RepU heatedly buying reports for the same brand and model of vehicle, and when they see an accident damage, they run another report for another vehicle until they find one that's clear. And we see it all day every day, accident damaged and stolen vehicles. And yes, accident damaged vehicles can be repaired very well. One of my own vehicles I bought from a large retailer and I knew that it had iran A report. I knew it had a rare end, but I approached the vehicle knowing what I was looking for, which is transparency and the.
Speaker 1: Comfort and just for anybody who's coming in only now with me in studio, not only our usual consumer specialist Wendy Nola, but also Andrew Travers of First Check, which is a company that offers, for a very modest fee, the service of running the VIN number of the car you're thinking of buying through their system and getting you all kinds of data points about that car, Confirming that the VIN number matches the vehicle that you're buying, Confirming the accident record and any previous insurance claims against that VENE number, Confirming whether there's police interest in that car because it's actually stolen or it was used in a robbery last week, as well as letting you know that the person selling it to you is actually the owner of the car and it's not still technically owned by the bank. These are some of the pieces of information that First Check can offer to you off the basis of that ven number. And Kathleen asking Andrew, how do you source that information? What sort of access do you have to what sort of databases to allow you to farm all that info.
Speaker 5: Thanks for the question. It's taken us years to build our data set. Put it that way, the amount of data that we've collated. We have access to information from a number of data providers, which is obviously proprietary to our business. However, they are all validated and the information that we provide is actually factual. It's important to mention as well, which I forgot earlier, when you're looking at the actual valuations that we provide you with. Those are very pertinent when you're insuring your vehicle. It's a very expensive commodity, which you need to ensure it not for too much and not for too little. The minute you drive away in your lovely vehicle, whether it be new or secondhand, it's costing you money and it's devaluing. So one needs to be very careful with that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, there was a few years ago where I was in the process of investigating one of these used car deals gone horribly wrong, and I came across the company called Winddocks, which they provide this verification service online, same sort of story, and I put in this vehicle that the woman had was having all sorts of problems within the dealership was saying, you know, everything's fine, and it revealed a very very serious insurance claim it was quite new and which wasn't disclosed, and it helped me in that case. So I used it a few times after that, but there were it just came up with so many errors. The one case I remember, I wrote to the dealership to say, this is actually it was a Toyoto and it was the wrong model, and I was thinking, how did this work? Was it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: And fortunately the dealership was very understanding about and saying, I don't know where you got that information from, but it gave me all the real information. So I stopped using it after that, recommending it. So that was going to be before our listener asked all of my main questions to Andrew is to say, how can we know for sure that the information you're going to provide is accurate and can.
Speaker 5: Be trusted, Wendy. It starts, as I said, with the VIN. You cannot fudge the VIN. There is only one VIN that will ever belong to a vehicle, and nine times out of ten, if you put a VIN, we find it. We will inform you before you proceed that we find a match. When we found the match, you will actually see an image of the actual vehicle, although the color might be different. If we do not find a vin which can happen particularly with older vehicles or very scarce vehicles sort of in other words, low volume vehicles or imported vehicles, the system would automatically offer you the option to take a manual search, and again we will warn you that there's a possibility that you won't get all the information that you require. Does that answer your question?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Interesting question in from Louis, who I know has spent a lifetime involved in the motor industry, so it makes sense to me he might have some classic cars. Aranda says, what about older cars with shorter the numbers? I have one, for example, that only has a twelve character of that. Would your system be able to work on that?
Speaker 5: No? No, the system is designed essentially based on what the data providers can provide, and the data providers are not able to provide that information. However, the caller can contact Enatus and they would be able to give if should the vehicle belong to him or her, then the traffic department would be able to provide the information that he requires.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: To know.
Speaker 3: I'm interested to know because I've seen a few TikTok videos around about this service. Is it mostly women or men who are using the service?
Speaker 5: We're seeing Aif you're both smiling at me, we've seen her, I better say the right. We're seeing a fifty to fifty Yeah, very much. There's there's one particular girl, and I noticed it about ten days ago that was looking for an extremely popular small hatchback and she did about twelve reports until she found one that hadn't been in an accident.
Speaker 3: Well, and she's paying one hundred and fifty round each time she felt that she's doing.
Speaker 5: For Yeah, you know that? What is that one thousand, one thousand and seven hundred in my maths right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, yeah, as you said, it's less than two thousand rand. And if she'd gone with option number one without knowing the accident three or options nineteen eleven, she could have had a very defect outcome.
Speaker 3: And that's probably the next question is what percentage of report also are you providing? Are these major problems with the car.
Speaker 5: In question, Wendy, We see a lot of them. I would say it's about a fifty pleasantly it's about a fifty to fifty split. There's a lot of very good vehicles out there, and there's some very good vehicles with a bad history that have possibly been repaired properly. But as I said, initially, one needs to know what you're looking for, because once you've bought the vehicle that the previous owners basically passed the buck to you, and at some point in time you possibly get to want to sell it and somebody does a first check report on it or a competitors report, you're going to sit with the problem. So you need to there needs to be transparency and full the disclosure.
Speaker 1: I have to ask, I mean, can you share some examples with us Andrew of a couple of the really sort of worst case scenario examples you've seen back a lap.
Speaker 5: As I said, I would rather avoid sensationalism or litigation, but we have seen some horrendous, horrendously bad vehicles, multiple accidents with airbags deployed, et cetera, et cetera, with the condition report, with a mileage and mileage that has been manipulated, and a stolen status.
Speaker 3: So literally everything that could be wrong is wrong. Did you shared one report with me of a twenty fifteen, NICEUSU KB Bucky marketed is having one hundred and ninety three kilometers on the clock.
Speaker 5: One hundred ninety thousand.
Speaker 3: Sorry, one hundred and ninety three would be brilliant for a ten year old Bucky when in July this year it's actual mileage was almost four hundred and two thousand more than.
Speaker 5: Double yeah Fbsequently, on Friday we actually got an even higher record than that. Yes, sure, No, the mileage two hundred greater.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean, okay, So take the word of caution that it is happening. The manipulation of mileage is happening. The trying to sell off cars that are actually stolen or have been implicated in crime, try to sell cars as in pristine condition when they've actually been in major incidents and accidents with knock on impact. I mean, those are the three big ones that you are looking at, Wendy, anything you want to add, I.
Speaker 5: Think what's important to say here is a first check. Dot COSA exists to assist the consumer in making an informed decision. It's almost insane not to do that kind of check. And if you identify issues, whether it's a high risk or a lower risk, vehicle, you would want to go delve deeper into it and approach a testing center to say, okay, actually please verify this for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted to say that, you know, the case is, I get the people go obviously straight to the digit where they brought the car, and it's always or we didn't know, which I'm not trying, because if you want to trade in a car with those problems, they certainly know they the checks they needed to do. I wanted to know whether you've had any feedback from people who've used your service before they buy a car, before they sign an offer to purchase, have gone back to the dealership in question and said, actually this car you've said, with this mileage and this condition is this is its actual history? What sort of response they've got? You ever get that kind of satisfaction, satisfying feedback.
Speaker 5: We definitely do, and we definitely do get feedback from satisfied customers. Usually it's the women that come back to us. On Heritage Day, I was at a brier and I bumped into a guy that didn't know that I had anything to do with first check, and he was saying, ran a first check report. I was selling my wife's car, and I approached a well known capt on, very good upper enfranchise dealer who offered him X for his vehicle, and he produced the first check. He declined the offer and produced the first check report and in a heart beat, without even skipping a beat, he got threity. I was and around extra freeze CA and that's factual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so you've got to figures in hand to say hang on, but this is this is the evaluation.
Speaker 3: I was the other way as well.
Speaker 5: And we're not here to catch anybody out. We're here to support people, particularly the consumer. And I'm seeing, we are seeing myself and the team, we're seeing an increasing number of dealers that are actually using the full, very full, the full report. We're seeing loss adjusters on a daily basis, many many, many reports, as well as insurance brokers.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see the banks insisting in it before they found is a car.
Speaker 5: It's it's a little bit beyond us at this point in time that we haven't got there yet. But and insurance yea.
Speaker 1: So two people asking similar questions around the ramifications. If you if what you find differs from what a dealership told you, So for example, Lawrence saying, what recourse does a buyer have, you know, if finding out that, for example, the vinn doesn't match the car that they have been sold. Williams saying, can we run these checks on a car I've just bought from a big car dealer. There's nothing to stop you doing that, William, But what do you do with that information? If after you've made the purchase, when do you find out that you that the mileage was fudged or that the dealership applied to you when.
Speaker 3: You need to work out what you would consider to be reasonable compensation and go negotiate with the dealer. And if they're not coming to the party, then there's always the motor industry on which is a long process unfortunately because of the volumes or complaints that they had to deal with. But you know, not without recourse. I would say that the best case scenario would be for the dealership to say, sorry, we didn't know, we should have known, and here's how we're going to let's talking about how we can fouce it for you.
Speaker 1: Before we say goodbye. Andrew, anything else you'd like our listeners to know about, first check or any point that we haven't touched on that you like to raise around this process.
Speaker 5: I think we've been quite comprehensive, Papa, and I thank you for that. And when the numbers show that what we've essentially added a new layer to the industry, which the transparency people being able to look at the vehicle that's in front of them through different eyes, and it's under the skin and exactly under the skin, and it's absolutely essential to one hundred and forty nine round. That's what you pay for a coffee and a sandwich at a gas station. And you're talking about spending two, three, four, five, six hundred thousand round. It's a no brainer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's it about.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to remember the saying about a penny saved as a pound earned or something like that, and it's yeah, a short term investment, a small investment upfront that can save you a very very large, long term headache. So first check dot co. Dot za is the website. And I'm just going to echo what Andrews said earlier and what Wendy has said on the show dozens of times before.
Speaker 2: Don't stop there.
Speaker 1: There is no replacement for getting into a vehicle and driving it and test driving it and looking at it physically. Don't think that just doing the online check is necessarily enough.
Speaker 2: Looking it's a very very good start.
Speaker 1: And a very good first step, but Wendy, to your point earlier, nothing replaces actually getting into the car that you're thinking of buying, and if.
Speaker 3: You're not in a fund of yourself, get someone to help you pay a little bit extra for that more extensive check.
Speaker 5: Last word to you, Andrew, I just want to add that our it our developers are in house, so the enhancements and updates we fast track and roll out very quickly, and we have control of the timelines what you see. If you were to go on to first check or cozar right now, you can get a very comprehensive report out of pittance. But that's phase two of our phase of our phased rollout plans. So there's very very good things that are coming. And our aim is ultimately for every vehicle that is for sale out there, or being financed or being ensured should really come with the first check report. You not, and we never will sol motor cars, we verify them.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks for that first check. Dot co dot zda is the website to go and check out now. Thanks very much to Andrew Travis for joining us in studio today. Right, we're back with Wendy no Nan about five minutes in hand to tackle a couple of open line questions. Although you're still very welcome to comment on the issue of second hand cars and protecting yourself. Mark writing in to say, I used Decra on my last car purchase, and after returning the car, I discovered that the hooter wasn't working, and for me, Decra lost credibility your thoughts.
Speaker 2: It's not okay. I'm going to say this.
Speaker 1: We've had the occasional report of things going wrong at an individual DECRA center, but it's not a group wide issue, Wendy, is it.
Speaker 2: I mean they've still market.
Speaker 3: Yes, they are, but there are certain ones. I've had reports of the report not revealing things that they really would have wanted to have been revealed.
Speaker 1: Yes, I remember, several years ago than ought to be fair, there was an incident of where it appeared that an assessment was done sort of in cahoots with the platform that was selling the car, et cetera.
Speaker 2: But that was many years ago. I haven't seen anything like that since then.
Speaker 1: I believe we've received a voice note from somebody who has been through the process of using a first check check and wants to give us some feedback, which is great.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 4: I I just want to let you guys know, let's just last okay, you say, Amada process of buying a I'll delivered a vehicle for my company and I got a complete report for one hundred and forty nine and it even showed me that there was some panel damage that they retired. Will be buying the van. I drove the van nice and everything and that is what first it said. So yeah, good, good thing to use prior to buying a drum or any man or anything that you any vehicle. Thank you for check Man.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that feedback. It's always nice to get user feedback from somebody who's actually gone through the pro So thank you so much for that.
Speaker 3: Just an interesting tip put out two weeks ago today. This when I wasn't on air, I was at the cast Dot Cozer's dealer conference in Santon and there was just so much information there. And you know what the number one most sought after used car in South Africa is the little NP two hundred Bucky. I can totally it was discontinued last year. It followed went the way of the others, the Ford Bantams and what else was there? There was the little Fiat Strata and it hasn't been replaced. So there's a huge, huge demand. So if you drive one of these things, it would be a good idea to get to pull one of these reports to make sure that you don't get short changed with a trade in, because I can tell you that in twenty twenty one, NP two hundred one point five diesel sold for two hundred and forty seven thousand rand or thereabouts, and two weeks ago when it was at the conference cars dot Coser was listing one for sale at two hundred and forty thousands. It's seven thousand rands. That's without a manufacturer's warranty in place anymore, and with almost eighty four thousand kilometers. So if you have one of those little half ton no f alls and basic work hourses and you're going to sell and make sure you get a good christ price because they are gold.
Speaker 1: They are, and our cast segment verifies that Wendy O can't every time anybody talks about buckets out here immediately get a.
Speaker 2: What's up saying, please, who is bringing in a half time?
Speaker 3: It makes sense that given the demand and the lower cost. Because we have affordability problems in this country and so many people starting up little businesses, it's only a matter of time before it happens. But as far as I earn I think absolutely solidly confirmed.
Speaker 2: Yet Okay, thanks, sorry for that.
Speaker 3: I'm treading into waiting into Earnest tread.
Speaker 1: It absolutely backs up what Ernest says to us almost every week.
Speaker 2: So appreciate that. Okay.
Speaker 1: Commenting from JD on a completely different story. JD sent this and says, could you please put this to Wendy in cash She knows I was told by a Woolworth cashier today that I can no longer use my existing card for the specials and I have to download the Wilworth's app on my phone. I would imagine this is inconvenient and will surely hold up cues as we look for the app to show the virtual my Difference card. I mostly just pop the cards into my pocket when I nap down to the store. My phone would drop up. Okay, I'm not sure I drop out of there, I think is the concern. Okay, So JD obviously a little bit late waking up to the new Woolworth's loyalty program, which is entirely app based, And JD, I take your points. So if you were used to not using the app and just using the loyalty card to physically prove your membership, it's going to be a big adjustment. Have you had any further feedback when it's had about a month now to sort of say it.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking listening to that question that I should go back. I've seen lots of negative comments. There's always going to be pushed back when there's a radical change, and this is not something that is you know, LEGI said it to the extent that we have any rights to tell them how they should or shouldn't do their loyalty program. So it will be interesting to see if things settle down and people get used to it, or whether there's going to be some ongoing pushback to the new mechanics of the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'm using the new system, JD. And I can tell you the cashiers in my particular branch that I go to most regularly are themselves saying it's taking time. People forget that they need to have the phone art it used to be just whip out your watlet and grab the cart.
Speaker 2: Now you've got to wait for them to log into the app. It's slow to load. The WiFi is not.
Speaker 1: Always good as a point, so you have a point around the delay and the queues, which is certainly being borne out by what I'm observing in my particular store that I support most of the time.
Speaker 2: But again it might just.
Speaker 1: Be a case of people adjusting and now knowing you know, while you're in the queue, get the phone out, load the up, et cetera.
Speaker 3: So instead of saying, please make sure you've got your whatever card, you got your phone out with the appet okay, rust veries quick to respond and say, there's an app called Klana k l A r n A, which.
Speaker 2: Is an absolute life change.
Speaker 1: He says, I stare all of my loyalty cards there with lots of free space in my wallet.
Speaker 2: K l A r n A maybe for us to go and investigate rus.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of it before, so thank you very much for that, and then okay, just we we Unfortunately, mister first check is no longer with us, Andrew, but Ben is asking can you check motorcycles against even numbers on that app as well as cars.
Speaker 3: I don't see why not, but we are confuming.
Speaker 1: Well, have to just double check and get back to you on that one, Ben simple as probably is just one they have on the website and putting them in number and see what happens. Yeah, it might be that that's in a later phase as well, perhaps, but we'll double check and get back to you. We must wrap there, Wendy. As always very interesting content. Thanks for finding us and tipping us off about that new functionality that is out there. Really really appreciated.