Speaker 1: Wake up with a bang wake up and the club on nine four seven.
Speaker 2: Speaking of summer, that's mostly when people go off to the holidays. Did you have a standard holiday tradition as soon as school raps. You possibly have to be picked up at school of eleven or twelve maybe some schools. And I remember one of the schools I went to used to have this on the last day of school.
Speaker 3: We didn't have to wear a uniform.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 3: So that's when you knew.
Speaker 2: It was like you ring you're ringing the bell here, you're ringing the bell for holiday time. And then maybe you know by the time you get home, your cousins will be at your house, or you've packed to go over to your grandparents or your cousins, and this happened you seven four years in your life. I'm looking for those traditions where you knew that, okay, this is happening, therefore it is officially.
Speaker 3: The school holiday.
Speaker 1: My grand lived with us when we were growing up, and we had a whole bunch of fruit trees and she had like a little vegi garden. So I remember remember very clearly September holidays September those like just before big summer holidays was jam time because we would make jam in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Your grandmother is the original, Megan Buckle.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly lives off the land.
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 3: Brune jam.
Speaker 1: We had apricot tree and a fig tree. We used to make jam. How come we've lived got chat for my grandpassed away like.
Speaker 3: Twenty years years. But did your grandma give you the skill?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I can. I could probably make jam, but it's a lot of work make jam.
Speaker 5: That's what that's complicated today.
Speaker 2: It's amazing homage like food is associated to like holiday time. That's another thing because some people say I knew it was holiday time because the first morning of holidays, my dad would make us pancakes.
Speaker 3: Right right, Yeah, oh we.
Speaker 2: Do a Brian and it would be brewery rolls. My dad would whip out the squattland. Then I knew, okay, it's holiday time to begin it.
Speaker 5: I mean, food is part of my daily life. But my favorite holiday tradition was my siblings going away to be with a parents while I stayed home.
Speaker 3: Then I wouldn't see them for a month.
Speaker 2: It was glorious on brand on brand oh one one eight thirty eight nine four seven. Some schools embarked on a holiday last week Friday, so some people are in holiday season, and this is what we want to know from you. How did you know it was the school holidays outside of baby the headmaster doing the final term reports, right, Oh, some people nuros holidays because you duck and dave your parents for good two weeks. While they're asking for your results, they're LIKELYPI report it.
Speaker 1: It's in my bag. It's in my bag.
Speaker 3: They said they won't post them.
Speaker 5: No, there was an issue with the communications module mark.
Speaker 3: No, there wasn't. No, there was failed zero eight four double zero double zero night four seven.
Speaker 2: If you're coming through to us on the onsapp line, how did you know that it was holiday time? What traditions would get activated as soon as that school closed?
Speaker 6: My childhood memory, we would always go to Transky and that's where my mother is from, and we used to go to the beach there, so you know, as kids, we looked forward to that and you know, meeting up with all the cousins.
Speaker 3: I'm also from Lusikisiki.
Speaker 2: Well, my mom is from Musky Siki, so we also used to go there and my grandfather owned.
Speaker 3: A tea family.
Speaker 5: I know your past forty were you still call it transky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the transcind the sky darling. So then that's actually where I learned how to drive, like because it's a farm. So yeah, so that's also.
Speaker 3: A memory for me. And you're in Benoni. What did you.
Speaker 2: Guys do as soon as school holidays hit?
Speaker 4: So mine was a bit different to everybody else. But as soon as.
Speaker 7: School holiday starts to start spring cleaning our rooms and our cabins. That's how we knew Monday.
Speaker 1: And I can just hear your mom saying, before you do anything, before we have any fun, you're going to clean your room.
Speaker 7: We had to prep the night before.
Speaker 3: You know that you coming from school cleaning your And.
Speaker 2: Did you ever come home and the blankets were in the path and then you had to get in and step on them?
Speaker 7: Yes, because I was today, you knew.
Speaker 2: I remember stepping on blankets And I said to my mom, you know the real apparatus in this hour.
Speaker 3: Up state.
Speaker 2: And as I said that, she was like, oh, okay, let.
Speaker 3: Me show you get and then she took the curtains down. I regret it.
Speaker 2: I regreted and Melissa, good morning, morning morning, Melissa.
Speaker 3: Yo, I'm going through the terri position here. Okay, so how did you know it was school holidays? In your household?
Speaker 7: We used to go to Mauritius every year. I'm from Mauritius and my mom would buys a tickets and Grade one you went to every single December.
Speaker 2: Melissa, one is from Mauritius, like no one is. It's like everyone flew into Mauritius and just never left.
Speaker 3: What do you mean you from Mauritius.
Speaker 7: My mother's from name, my father from Greece, but we never went to Greece.
Speaker 4: We always went to my mom's family.
Speaker 3: Oh, every year, every year, every year.
Speaker 7: I went there last year on my way, you know, and then here I went this year. We're going next year for December for holidays.
Speaker 4: Sounds terrible.
Speaker 1: So you guys got free place to stay there my grandparents.
Speaker 7: I stay there, I don't say for anything.
Speaker 3: And how far is it from the ocean? I mean the island is.
Speaker 7: Literally I can walk there. I can walk.
Speaker 1: And how big is your grandparents house?
Speaker 7: Four bedroom?
Speaker 5: How bigly can they move out to take one.
Speaker 7: Anytime they stay for extra two people?
Speaker 2: Actually, guys, it's wild half Mauritian house like your parents are just like holiday among us. That's that's all they are.
Speaker 8: Come on when I wake up and I see a list next to my bed backlash to swim swimming pool, find that washed the course day night? Now it was holiday.
Speaker 9: How I knew it was the start of the school holidays is that my dad used to own supermarket and in order for us to earn our pocket money, and you know, if you want to go out, you have to put in the hours at the shop and help around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly it. Some parents were just like what holiday? What holiday?
Speaker 1: You are now a parent?
Speaker 3: Extra ham, There we.
Speaker 2: Go the garden, Josh, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: How are you well? Great? Josh?
Speaker 3: How are you like.
Speaker 2: So talk to us? How did you know the school holidays? What special occurrence would occur?
Speaker 4: So being being a rugby player at school, you're near for school holidays when you when you went to footness camps over the over the long holiday bright Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Were they all the time for us?
Speaker 2: Only in that first holiday the Easter one no.
Speaker 4: Holiday as you're playing tournaments, and then Dune July holidayed you in training camp for the next year.
Speaker 2: Oh, those are the good schools. Yeah, our school wasn't like knocking the lights out.
Speaker 1: Of the rugby bro because the coach didn't see it as holiday. The coach so it as now I've got you guys for eight hours a day. I only have a day. Now we can do eight hours a day.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent. Even gave our coach nickname.
Speaker 3: Which is are you allowed to stay on the radio?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, yes no. We called him Liffy because because he used to love making us run.
Speaker 2: And I know those coaches that were like practices for skills, holidays is for fitness, and you're just like, you don't even you're not even.
Speaker 3: Playing rugby guys, You're just going.
Speaker 10: There to do drills that is there's no rugby ball on the field, no, no, no, And and being being in the forwards you did micas do a lot of scrums and.
Speaker 1: Lana, yeah, scrum machine was your beastie, Josh.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent. We didn't have a coach, our coach down that that that was what laves come down and all on.
Speaker 2: The machine say you by now it's back to making your morning in La and the club.
Speaker 3: On nine four seven