Speaker 1: Seven SMSs now on three one seven or.
Speaker 2: Two Leo talking about Monday motivation of course this morning, and it's fitness and looking at staying fit and active at every age and what are the most common misconceptions about exercise and aging? Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Well, for me, it's always people saying that I'm too old to start. That's that's the biggest one. Where people are always saying that, ah nah, you know I'm forty or or I'm fifty, and you know, basically they intend to give up on life in my opinion, And yeah, so that that's for me, it's like the biggest misconception.
Speaker 2: And how do you motivate someone? It's really difficult, especially during this weather. You know, personally, I think getting outfits and you know, the fit leisure, these communities. I started posting some of my not like, you know, I'm not a professional, but I did it and I'm a bit more courageous. I I'm okay with failing in people, uh you know, but not if people and criticizing but not everyone has that confidence. And for me, now I knew that when I started getting those games, people then come and start being supportive of what But what do you say to people who are you know, scared or the shame of their bodies or age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you know, first of all, I think you should also like set yourself some short term goals, you know, and not not go to to beg on the on the goals and then surround yourself, yeah, with with with the right people and and you know, like you said, joining a run club or you know, getting in the right environment. And yeah, I mean, you know, we we all started somewhere, so you know, it's there's there's no need to be a shamed and it's a journey.
Speaker 2: Tell us about your your regime and organization because you all you seem to have found a way to look at the physical and mental and emotional aspect of it. That's quite holistic.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So after spending seventeen years on the football pitch as a former professional footballer, yeah so. Yeah, played in Cape Town at Ikapa Sporting as well. So if you go deep into the whole youth career, I was at Cape on Spurs Helenic back in the day and then went into playing the NFD legacy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So after the NFD, I left to Finland and played in the top league in Finland. At TPS played this is impressive, thank you, thank you, and played there for four or.
Speaker 2: Five years, spoke and that humility, I'm sure it does a lot for you to be able to, you know, connect with people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. And you know, it's been an incredible journey. I've been very fortunate. I think one of the biggest lessons I've learned in this journey is, you know, is to stay humble and be humble, because that's what opened up doors for me. And yeah, after playing, I knew that I wanted to be involved with the game still and I did my way for bee license as a football coach. So after getting the way for bee license as a football coach, I also knew that I wanted to dive into the science aspect of the game. And yeah, that's when I did my sports science degree and after that I made the transition from a head coach into the physical aspect of the game. And in twenty twenty one, I started hitting the ceiling as far as growing as a coach.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: I took my journey abroad or yeah, from Finland, I went to Spain, I went to Belgium, I went to England to DA La liga you're familiar with the clubs. I went to Villareal Valencia and I went to the Premier League. I went to Burnley just to learn and to grow as a coach. The game changes every day. We have to stay on top of that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, listen, I'm motivated, I'm inspired and just for our listeners out there joining us at the tail end of our discussion, the very impressive individual and I just want us to really get our listeners your availability were can they get a hold of you? And what can we look forward to? And if you just missed the interview you can also get a hold of it on Prime media. Plus. Leroy Maluca is a fitness and performance coach and just has so much legacy behind him and what can where can our listeners get a hold of you on social media? Please share any numbers as well. I'm sure there's some young kids out there whould like to follow your steps and also people in general talking about staying active at every age. I think it's quite holistic. How can our listeners get a hold of you and sharey pages and what we can look forward to?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very active on Instagram so at fit coach Leroy Maluca.
Speaker 2: Nice. Yeah, looking forward to it. Man. I think it's it's I think the way that you presented it is quite it's very it's approachable, and it's very authentic and unique. And we do hope to unearth some gems such as you. There's lots of legacy that we need to translate to the kids, especially with youth months. So we appreciate your time, Leroy, thank you so much and all the best for the future. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Cheers because some journeys are better taken together. Let's walk to talk seven or two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a very refreshing discussion talking to Leroy maluk I was a fitness and performance coach, staying active at every age and what a motivation. Indeed, this Monday