Speaker 1: Providership on seven o two.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: It's twenty minutes past nine. Writer on seven oh two. This is the Aubrey Maasangwa Show. And my name is Homoto Mudism in four bra orbs this evening, and it's lovely to be with you this evening. We are going through some really riveting content this evening. The conversation that we just had now was such an interesting one, and I hope that we were able to get through many of your questions around sick notes, the medical certificate, the do's and don'ts, and I think the point really is that don't do it, don't forge that certificate. If you are not feeling well, go to the doctor or otherwise, go to wakeman, go to work. It's fine, you'll be okay, you will heal.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: It's time now, though for our entrepreneurship feature. I'm looking forward to this one because we've got some really interesting guests in studio joining us here today, and really we're going to be speaking about entrepreneurship really from the perspective of an entrepreneur, someone who's a regular on the show, someone that you many of you are familiar with, but also someone who is in the financing space and the banking space.
Speaker 2: And this is a person who makes the big decisions.
Speaker 3: So if you're out there looking to finance your business, I think you should be listening very closely to your radio right now. In studio, we're joined by and Ramabunga, who's the chief Group chief Advisor at Indies or Consulting Group, and we are also joined by Sandi Les Shabalala, the CEO of Access Bank. Gentlemen, good evening and thank you for coming to the studio. Thank you so much for coming through entrepreneurship. It's always an interesting conversation to have so broad, but it can also be so specific, right I mean the entrepreneurs that are listening to the show right now. Maybe I should start with you and Lisa. I think many people that are listening that are looking to venture into it are always thinking about the how how do I even get started?
Speaker 2: Where do I go?
Speaker 3: I'm sure that's a question you've had before as as a person who's who's into business.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Homoso.
Speaker 4: I always opened the show with that line that says your money, your profit, it's in the market, and strategy is the way to unlock it and the way you want funding to play a role is to bridge that gap between you not having anything and you being able to acquire whatever necessary assets that you would use or utilize to save your your your market. So most of our topics are around the areas of strategy, organizational design, leadership and culture, but ultimately they always lend back to capital that is required.
Speaker 1: I guess that's why we have extinguished. The mister.
Speaker 4: Joining us today, I've been always wanting to meet various occasion and I'm looking forward to hearing about Access Bank, which is a Pan African bank, one that holds the African agenda, and hearing from the horse's mouth on how they are going to unlock that value that entrepreneurs have in their minds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and I mean I'm.
Speaker 3: Really excited to have you in studio today and Dajabalala, particularly because of your expertise in the space, I mean from your time at Time Bank and then Sassin, are you have you been seeing a steady increase in people that are choosing to go into entrepreneurship and then knocking on your door and saying, of.
Speaker 5: Course, I think there's a lot of people that have got ideas in terms of what they would want to do. I think the challenges sometimes is that we are not very clear about exactly how we get the identify the markets that we want to get into. So there's always that discussion that you may have a very great idea of what you want to do, but very unclear about who are your customers are, and it becomes very difficult to actually then peak a sport and say, how is your offering different from what's out there in the market. Why is your idea going to be a success relative to the other.
Speaker 1: Ideas that are out there.
Speaker 5: So that's basically what you see in terms of the engagements that we have. So it is relatively to the point that has been made about strategy and about being clear who you are targeting and what is the value proposition? What is that you are putting on the table? Why would people buy your product or buy your service? Those are the fundamental questions that you've got to ask yourself as you think about entering into the space. Obviously, you've got to invest a whole influence a whole lot of people to support your idea from a funding point of view, and you've got to expect that people are going to ask you some really tough questions around basically what you're putting on the table.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think we've seen, we all know someone that's either decided to go the route of entrepreneurship to try it, to leave formal employment, or to do it while they are in the formal employment.
Speaker 2: But maybe we.
Speaker 3: Should speak about the quality of the entrepreneurs that we're producing currently in the country because I think that that informs your decisions as a bank when you want to, you know, give financing. Are we seeing people that are actually presenting answers to the problems that we have in society.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are.
Speaker 5: I think we are quite lucky in that regard because I think there's a lot of support that is out there. How people are being assisted to actually craft the idea, generate and make it a fundable proposition. There's a lot of support that people get out there, and I'm always saying to the people that you don't have to figure it out yourself.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of support that is out there. Use the support.
Speaker 5: Make sure that you are very clear in terms of how you go about really putting a propose. You can have a very great idea, but you're not able to sell it. From a funding point of view, So you have people that are out there that actually would help you to say, yes, it's a great idea, but how do you make it a fundable proposition? That is what people need to actually to be thinking about. But there's a lot of brilliant ideas that are out there, and I think from us from an entrepreneurial point of view, we absolutely have to make sure that people get the right guidance to walk them through the journey, as it.
Speaker 3: Were, maybe sending to go into that support because I'm sure we've got potential entrepreneurs, someone who's on the verge of taking the big leap. Yeah, you know, but they're thinking what support? Where where do I go? Who do I ask?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So there's a lot of.
Speaker 5: Organizations that are that are out there, obviously the ones that we are collaborating with some of it. Obviously we are thinking about an organization that we just saw I think it was about it three months ago in terms of how do we assist entrepreneurs. It was in the JSE if I just give that particularly that there's a lot of work that they are doing, and we find value in that because from a banking point of view, we can only come in at a certain level to actually fund the proper the proposals, but prior to that, and I think that's what I was saying earlier on the entrepreneurs themselves need to actually avail themselves of that support to take them through various stages before they are ready for funding, because sometimes I find that people get jump into the to asking for money, but they are not clear themselves exactly what is it that they're looking for.
Speaker 2: Is that practical?
Speaker 3: And is that you know as a person, and I mean, you know, you might be the guy who has just lost their job and you just want to get started, and you've got this amazing idea you're building some genius I don't know, invention, and you think the world needs to know this, you know, and it is it almost practical for people to kind of pause there and put in the thought that sunday La is speaking about.
Speaker 2: Particularly as an entrepreneur.
Speaker 4: I would say, it's not even just practically right, it's necessity because you have to understand that when someone puts money into your idea, it's risk. There's risk associated with the deployment of that capital. Now, the next question is who's better suited to absorb that risk. And surely you cannot ask a bank to take that risk because ultimately they also have their showholders that they report to that they need to satisfy and they probably even themselves not expects in your industry. They are expecting their own industry. All they probably and without simplifying your job, shaingu is your financial expects. We are able to read certain things around the business plan, around the financial ratios and and and test the CETA. And obviously they involve some experts to do to come and and do some certain tests on on the concept themselves. But the reality of the matter is if the project is not prepared right, they will have less likelihood to want to absorb.
Speaker 1: That risk.
Speaker 4: So maybe to answer your question directly, so there is a necessity.
Speaker 1: But just to add to what.
Speaker 4: Sala was saying, they are by the way organizations that are out there is right, absolutely, and you get them in province and you get them in national as well. I mean, I like to think of SEVA as example, which is an algamation of SIFA and and and and SEDA. Cedar is the component that assists entrepreneurs at least with polishing their their ideas. If you look at g g EP for example here in how then we heard a gentleman here by the name of Sakia who was saying, come to me, I can lend up until obviously a certain threshold. But that money is really to risk your concept to really will get experts to think about or to help you draw up a business plan, maybe to a certain extent, invest in very little equipment so that you can test out the market so you can refine and come with with with the idea. But my question, I guess to Senghu, is we have this in the show, that life cycle of a business to say, obviously the business has different risks at different.
Speaker 1: Stages of growth.
Speaker 4: We're saying there's the startup phase, there's the phase that I call maybe ELI growth, then there's the growth and the scaling phase. Then there's the maturity phase and then obviously the sunset hopefully not where in that space would access bank play.
Speaker 5: So when you so we actually come in in the growth phase of the business. But there are other interventions obviously that we look at it, because I think sometimes we only look at it just from the funding point of view. But there's a lot of work that we are putting in terms of financial management education and all of that, just to make sure that people have the right foundational elements before we are ready for funding. So there's a lot of work that we do outside of that where we actually, through our CSI programs, go into community teach them financial discipline, how to prepare cash flow, how to read financials, you know some of those things, and the business plans and some of that, but at a very high level. But where we get involved, obviously we get to the growth stage of the business. And to your point, and I think there are various risks that are associated with each of the stages of growth and to and you raise a very important pointund what type of funding is the right funding for where your business is at. I think if an arly stage of business, so you probably would find that there's a there's very few people that would actually from a banking point of view, that would put depositors money into that business. So there's a lot of equity funding that you would need to actually raise or venture capitalists that actually people that are taking a very different risk profile than what a bank would normally do. So we don't get involved in that early stage. Obviously from a business point of view, and.
Speaker 3: How would one you know, determine what type of funding is best suited for them, especially a person who's you know, venturing into this into this route, How would you know what is best in terms of funding for you as a you know, as an entrepreneur.
Speaker 5: So I think it comes back to the risk issue. So if you think about if if, then I use a hypothetical case if the bank were to get into that airly stage of funding, because it's a risk reward issue, so possibly the business idea would be crippled by the pricing that we put on that funding. So if you were to go airly stage and say I want the bank to get involved, you're probably going to have to pay quite a premium to raise that funding because it's very risky. But there are different funders that have a very different risk appetite at that stage of your business, that are willing to be much more equity risk than maybe funding risk point of view. So at that stage you need more equity sort of investors into the business rather than death funding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to open up.
Speaker 3: The lines right now to our entrepreneurs who are listening, potential entrepreneurs and people that have already walked the mile you know on this journey that may want to.
Speaker 2: Have questions or even comments on this.
Speaker 3: I'm taking calls on zero double one double a three seven oh two zero double one double a three oh seven oh two. That's the number to call and let us know if the ideals that are being spoken about in this conversation align with what you know and what you've experienced in your journey for business.
Speaker 2: Maybe you know a question maybe.
Speaker 3: Young men, you know Susizo in Alexandria, how does he go about becoming the ideal candidate for funding from an access bank, someone who's trying to go in that in that rout, but doesn't know how to position themselves and make themselves appealing, you know to an investor like yourself.
Speaker 5: I think that the one thing that maybe that is overlooked early on in the business. So some of the financial disciplines that needs to be in place, because what do you find that in early stages of the business is obviously people are just running businesses. That part of the business in terms of the governess, the discipline making that your financials are correct, you know, your bookkeeping system is correct, sometimes get neglected. That for me is an important part because it demonstrates basically the history and the journey that you've been on. But if you're not able to actually organize your finances Ellie on, it becomes very difficult for anyone to put credibility in the story, however compelling the story is. But if you are not able to demonstrate that you've got the right financial disciplines and pace, it's very difficult to actually get there.
Speaker 1: And also the other element as well.
Speaker 5: I think when you start a business, you said obviously earlier on, people are very excited.
Speaker 1: There's a level of.
Speaker 5: Optimism sometimes that is really got to be toned down in terms of what is it that you want to do. So from a banking point of view, so we take obviously you're an entrepreneur, you think this is a fail proof idea, this is going to make me a lot of money, and that's what you're thinking, and.
Speaker 3: Then comes along and says, actually, no, have you thought about this?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So that level of optimism would have to actually go through, And I think it's always necessary to actually think about how you stress test your ideas because business is not a straight line. You're going to have a whole lot of issues that are going to hit you. So if something happens and your creditors are not paying you on time and your deaths are sorry, I'm not paying you on time, So what do you do? It changes the casual opposition of that business. So you've got to put different scenarios to say, what is it that I'm likely what could go wrong for instance, and be prepared for some of those eventualities and plan properly for that and show that you've thought about them, and it just it just makes it easy to have a conversation that somebody that has put in a bit of thought into that.
Speaker 3: Is the suit for financing for the bio entrepreneurs a one way stream where they're coming to you and asking for finance and the power and the borders in your court? Or is there any bargaining power that a potential business person has when they come and engaging in the conversation.
Speaker 2: Is it even a conversation?
Speaker 1: It is a conversation, obviously.
Speaker 5: I think for the one thing that the bank always look at is obviously we want to support businesses that we know that they've got a higher chance of being successful.
Speaker 1: So we just don't find businesses.
Speaker 5: That even if you give us all the right, whatever collateral that you can think of. If the business proposition from a foundational element doesn't make sense, we would not do it because we are not in the business of actually taking people's properties and all of that. We want to use that from a banking as the last resort. So the first and foremost important thing that you've got to do is to actually make sure that there's.
Speaker 1: A viable business that is out there.
Speaker 5: And the conversation obviously comes through in terms of the entrepreneur and what is it that they want to do and the risk and how we think about the risk, and obviously were looking at from a banking point of in terms of how we structure it alone so that it actually favors the entrepreneur as well as mitigates the risk.
Speaker 1: From a banking point of view.
Speaker 5: So you may have an idea that I'm looking for as type of funding. For instance, up you could come in and say I'm just looking for an overdraft and then we say, actually your balance she it is not strong enough to be able to sustain an overdraft.
Speaker 1: So maybe what we can do.
Speaker 5: You are supplying to blue chip companies, so can we look in terms of maybe discounting some of those datas, so it's a very different way. So we are not taking the risk on the entrepreneur. We are actually taking the risk on the blue chip company that you do business on. So there's those discussions that we are having with the entrepreneur because they have they would not necessarily be thinking about that, but from a business point of view that is starting up, they don't have a big balance sheet or strong enough balance sheet to be able to sustain that the lending based on balance sheet, so we've got to have to look at a different way of funding.
Speaker 3: That a rivetain conversation on entrepreneur entrepreneurship that we're having this evening in studio. My guests Andysa Ramabunga, Chief Group, Chief Advisor and Diesel Consulting Group.
Speaker 2: He is a regular here on the show.
Speaker 3: And we've got Sandy ls Shamalala, the CEO of Access Bank here in studio helping us makes sense of entrepreneurship. Maybe let's go to the lines. I have invited you to get in touch with us if you've got questions or comments. Is there a double one, double A three H seven oh two that's the number to dial. Let's go to PIRI you're in alex good evening, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: What's your contribution?
Speaker 7: Yeah, thanks, thanks from most of the criminals, the gentlemen, then the studio. Look, I think the the spirit of entrepreneurship is really often being stifled by a lack of funding, you know, especially for the less privilege, to the underprivileged, those that are in the streets of alex and t be science the way through that you know whose background is not so well and they obviously have had live Let's say they are India meet me, meet mid Thetis, so so they've had lives, they've had experiences of life. So that means their background and maybe their their credits calls are not so great because you know, they didn't have something to fall back on. So I would submit that, you know this, potential funders for this budding entrepreneurs have got to be I think somewhat linient to those kind of people because obviously, you know, they they they are too much of a risk. But on the other hand, they would like to to establish, you know, businesses that would be able to carry them out of poverty and be able to you know, decrease the the state of unemployment. So you know, I get I get the fact that it's risky, but I think that these founders have got to have a soft heart when it comes to the young entrepreneurs that would like to enter the market and make a difference. Look As for myself personally, I'm a social entrepreneur somewhat, and I think my risk. I don't know if I'm risk or not. I'm not necessarily looking at making profit as such. I'm just looking at, you know, uplifting the young, the young people in my community here without really looking at the bank pilot, I mean, looking at something in return as such. But I think all I'm saying is that when we apply for this kind of you know, findings as such, we often get turned away because of our background and the fact that we are not well off as such. A comoto, thank you.
Speaker 2: For that cold period.
Speaker 3: I'm going to raise it here in this conversation because that is a direction that I was hoping the conversation would take at some point. It's not a reality that that business people and businesses get profiled, you know. You would imagine that an access bank or any other institution that's looking to, you know, to invest in a business would prioritize the brilliance of the idea and not necessarily be profiling where it's coming from.
Speaker 2: Is that a reality.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not sure about profiling and I wouldn't want to speak to that because I don't think that it's legally allowed. We can't do red zoning. That was the thing of the past and many many years ago. So banking industry is not necessarily sort of profiling people according to that what you would see. And then this is the conversation that is critical if you're talking about entrepreneurs.
Speaker 1: It's very rare in real.
Speaker 5: Life and entrepreneur that will start one business and become an immediate success. Many people start many businesses, they fail, they start another business, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they are bad people. So there's a learning sort of experience that comes with that in terms of you know, as you start a business, you actually become a little bit more wise as you start your second business. So it's not punitive in that in that sense that we would say somebody that has failed in the business, then you know, you don't touch But obviously I think for me, is that what happens when that business fails?
Speaker 1: Are you being responsible for it?
Speaker 5: Are you taking ownership and accountability for it, because if you can demonstrate that, yes, the business failed, but I had made arrangements to make sure that the people that have funded me are actually taken care of in whatever way. So what you normally find in many instances, which is something that we really as from a banking point of view, we edge our customers to do, is that when you hit a particularly difficult challenge in your business, many people don't want to speak to the bank because they want to avoid the bank. This is when you actually have to actually go and sit with your bank and say, look, I've hit some challenges here, how can you help me out in terms of these challenges. In many instances when you have businesses that are getting into the is that when the owners are not reachable, suddenly people are not reachable and the bank would now have actually to take extreme measures because they can't sit with the loan that is not performing. So I always say that for me, the best thing that people should do whenever they know that they're going to hit the problem, be proactive about it. Go to your bank and speak to your bank well ahead of time to say, actually, I think I'm gonna hit the problem here. Can we find a mechanism to make sure that I go through this process as elegantly as I have? If I've eaten an issue, how do I go to a bank and say, look, I can't make the payments, but can we think about the restructure of that loan. So those are the conversations that I'm saying. If you're wanting to get into the business, understand that you're gonna heat challenges. Understand that the bank is there. The bank doesn't want to write off the loan. Yes, that's that's the last thing that we want to do.
Speaker 2: They actually want their money exactly.
Speaker 5: So that's the last thing that we want to do. So if we have an entrepreneur that shows the willingness and the commitment to say, I'm gonna pay the loan, but not maybe not necessarily as quickly as I told you. Maybe it was twelve months. Maybe give me twenty four months to pay this loan. That's the conversation that is progressive. That helps the people to say, look, next time around, you have more trust in that person, because when they come back for another loan, you know their behavior when they're under pressure.
Speaker 1: How do they behave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's relationship exactly. Yeah, I suppose it's a culture thing.
Speaker 2: Also.
Speaker 3: You know, we come from a place many people come from a place where at the end of the month, in aquericolodo, all they know is they switch off their phones exactly, and they don't pick up numbers that look dodgy, the plus triple seven numbers that start and so they they carry the same culture with them as as they get into relationships with the banks.
Speaker 2: I hope that that that was helpful for you.
Speaker 3: Pier In Alex let's go to Owen who's in Britz owner.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for holding.
Speaker 3: Do you want to speak about entrepreneurship having to be part of the education system.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, But I have a question for your guest. I follow a lot the talks of Miles Monrol and he once said poor people think about money, rich people think about things like material things. And what the people think about ideas and how how tweetd that. That's the question that I'm posing to your guest. Coming to what I said about a business a business orientated mind or an entrepreneurship mind, I think that has to be inculcated at the young age of our kids. We're having any economy that is not creating jobs. We getting our kids to be educated ultimately to become job seekers with their education. Today, we had doctors who were like complaining wanting some graduate grants, and this is because I believe they were focusing too much on the academic side, not the business, the business module side of things. Should Should we inculcate entrepreneurship and teach our kids to be business business orientated? It would help in our long run. I once had that someone to have an entrepreneurship mind, you need to solve the problem, so at a young age, if we can teach our kids to be solution seekers rather than to be complainers all the time, which is something that we do as adults. We are so good in complaining, which makes us good people to see problems, but when it comes to implementation or providing solutions, we lack in that regard.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for your call. Sea.
Speaker 3: Is that something that's potentially part of a CSMI project, you know, the education element, you know, and making sure that people are actually educated on how to start a business.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: As I said, there are many programs that we run around financial education, how to run businesses, how to make sure that you have the right disciplines in your business, even into going just outside of the business, just from a financial literacy point of view, So there's a whole lot of work that we do around it. I think the color raises a very important point around basically there's more that needs.
Speaker 1: To be invested there.
Speaker 5: I fully concur with where it's coming from, and it needs to actually happen at the much earlier age. You do find that in some of the I think the higher institutions of learning these days, that you have entrepreneurship that is now introduced there. But my sense, and that's where I would agree with the caller that to say that entrepreneurship needs to be started at a much much earlier age because it's something that you that you would actually have to evolve and mature on. So to your point Elier, or if I just was employed and I now want to go into a business, it's a very different mindset because I'm used to having a regular salary every month. Now I'm now working for myself. I may not have a salary end of the month, so it's a very different mindset. Sometimes people get these ideas, but mentally they're not ready for those challenges of what an entrepreneur im at face. So for me, that is a very important sort of a point that the caller has raised around really sort of investing at that early stage learning from an entrepreneurship point of view.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are speaking entrepreneurship Right Share on the Obumasango Show with me Commoso Medisa.
Speaker 2: I'm in for brab this evening.
Speaker 3: My guests and studio are Aissa Ramabunga who's the group chief advisor.
Speaker 2: And indece or consulting group. And I also have Sandy L.
Speaker 3: Shamalala, the CEO of Access Bank Right Share in studio taking more of your calls on zero double one double A three oh seven O two. Get in touch with us, let us know your experiences on entrepreneurship and what would you like to know from the wealth of knowledge that we have present here in the studio. This evening, let's go to Boxburg ORIGINALD. You have a contribution to make on a possible fund. Good evening, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Lets memory very well.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thank you for your call. Go ahead please.
Speaker 6: Yes, I just need to ask. I know like there's like there's no job allows so just need to ask is it possible for a business pening like a mind or an idea to be funded, or you need a business that actually need to be running, and maybe you have made a smaller and approfit theambers one can defund it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you're asking is it enough to just have a plan or should you already have started?
Speaker 2: Is that your question?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I actually my question is do they fund the business actually is it's already there or the old fund that or they can find the idea?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, okay, I'll pouse your question here in studio. Thank you for your call. I suppose it's the age old question and what we've always said, getting started right, get started. You've got more to show and prove if you're already doing it, other than saying you're going to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I think earlier when I spoke about obviously the risk profile of the business, it at the stages of where you're starting the business. And this is a very critical thing that somebody's got to think about. It is that to say if you're looking for a bank to come through as and I repeat the point because it's very difficult. Remember the bank is using deposits depositals money to fund is using your deposits sitting in So if I were to use your deposit to find that business, how would you feel Because then at the end of the day, we don't want to sort of get into that area's area of reckless lending point of view. So to the caller, I think what what the caller should be actually be thinking about? There are obviously entities that would fund a business plan, so you need to fund get the right people to actually speak to that can that are prepared to take that early stage risk from a business point of it. But many people that I know that have started businesses, they fund their business from relative family. That's how they get started. Yes, yes, exactly, that's that. That's how they get started. But it's a very different risk pro So if you were to ask to banks fund basically ideas, I would say no because it's too risky at that stage and the return is not gonna be justifiable for that business. Because if you were to ask the bank to put money into an untested idea, it's gonna be very difficult to even afford the interest rate that would be put onto that loan. So you've got to find people that actually are sort of angel investors, people that believe in the idea family that you that you know that can give you a little bit of startup. As you grow your business and you demonstrate a track record, then you can actually think about a different level of funding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe through you Ramoto.
Speaker 4: I think this would be then opportunity to maybe test some of the offerings that you as Access Bank have. I think you've become very clear to say you only found from the stages of growth, which, by the way, I answer that question that says you now have financial statements and you're showing some level of profitability or even interest cover to a certain extent. But the question then remains, and by the way, you started speaking about other products you've mentioned now invoicing discounting. Yeah, I would like to think, given the education component is a product, but are there any other products that are out there and how do you access them, particularly this one now around the education.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so there are various products obviously, So if I just give maybe just a high level of view in terms of when do we get involved to answer the question directly, so a business that has been in existence for a year, that has actually demonstrated a history of trading, so that is the business the where we actually get involved. So there are different funding mechanisms I've spoken about. Obviously the invoice discounting. It could be a purchased order sort of financing. It could be also where we do what we call cashlow financing. So obviously in a cashlow financing scenario, you're not necessarily sort of looking at the security. You're looking basically at the robustness of the cashlows of the business. So if the business can demonstrate basically that their cashlows are robust enough, then we can actually then do the funding, which is relatively unsecured lending. So that speaks to the issue that somebody was raising earlier on to say, how do I get started. Maybe I do not necessarily have the right collateral to actually put in front of the band, but we do have those products that we offer to our customers that are in the aly stage businesses, but they have to be supported by a robust cashlow. So that's one of those things obviously from a CSI point of view. There's a lot that we do from that. Even if you go onto our website and all of that, you'll find a lot of rich material.
Speaker 1: For both customers and non customers.
Speaker 5: Is exactly, so you'll find a lot of reach material around basically what businesses would actually be focusing on. So those are the things that people can actually be looking at, and sometimes I think it's what I've always said, it's important for you to invest time in some of those things first, so that you have a relatively good idea in terms of running a business. Is not just waking up every day one day and say I'm starting a business. There's a lot that goes into that. You've got to sort of make sure that you empower yourself around the right things that are necessary for you to actually be on that geny and be successful at it.
Speaker 4: And you don't necessarily sorry, just one more thing, you don't necessarily need financial statements as right think bank accounts are good enough in.
Speaker 1: The early stage.
Speaker 5: The one thing that we have tried to solve for at Access is that, and which is also my pet peeve as well, is that sometimes in terms of the small business, we sometimes ask things that they don't have. Yeah, and that actually excludes a lot of people. So the door is shut immediately because I'm asking you for three years of financial statements and I'm saying it must be done by a reputable entity. But in many instances in terms of this cash low funding, we obviously what we would need. We need to see your bank statements to see basically the amount of ted over that has gone in.
Speaker 1: Through your account.
Speaker 5: You need to be able to demonstrate basically a healthy order pipeline and demonstrate the track record that you've been able to not just have an order but deliver orders. Okay, So there's a whole lot of things that need to be demonstrated when we talk about the element of cashlow funding, which really tries to open up access to some of the entities that are not able to get in because maybe they don't necessarily have three years of financial statement and all of the things, the great things that banks normally ask people that they don't actually have. So we're saying, you run your business for a year, you can demonstrate the cash flow, you can demonstrate basically a track record in terms of manufacturing something and delivering something and getting paid.
Speaker 1: So those are the things that are important.
Speaker 2: All right, This does bring us to the end of this conversation. The time is never enough.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for joining me in studio, gentlemen, and it's always good. I think we've learned quite a bit about the offerings you know from Access Bank, but also the support that is given to employees.