Speaker 1: Let's get up close and personal profile on Weekend Breakfast with Sarah Jane Maguela King.
Speaker 2: The skullduggery has begun. Larry's Soffer is in studio, the leading mentalist in Africa. I'm calling him that the last time that he was here, I don't know if remember it was more than a year ago, and just blowing my mind on a minute by minute basis. The thing that stands out for me most though, is that Larry managed to give the name of the person with whom I had my first kiss at the age of thirteen. Only two other people in the world, the kisser, kissy, the kissed and my best friend knew the name of that person. I wasn't even sure if my best friend would remember the name of that person, and somehow Larry guessed it and I should just say, Larry, Hello, good to have you back, Good to be as I was saying to you off air. That interview was one of the interviews, one of the conversations that we had on the show that we and submitted to the Telcom Radio Awards, which secured us in what November of last year, the best weekend Breakfast show in South Africa title it's amazing, Thank you very much. Indeed, literally couldn't have done it without you. Right, what nonsense are we getting up to today? Please?
Speaker 1: Well, we can definitely do a whole bunch of things, and yeah, maybe we can get started with just a little bit of a warm up with you. Yeah. So I'm going to have a look into the future and I'm going to try and see a number between one and one hundred that you're going to think of before you think it. Okay, so don't think of anything just yet. And we do have another gentleman in the studio. What is your name, sir?
Speaker 2: Get on the mic ob obi Obi.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Obi, here we go. Okay, I definitely have something, Sarah. I think this is the number that you're about to say. I'm just going to write this down here and I'll leave my market just here in front of you, and you can think of any number you like between one and one hundred. Most people go for the naughty number the first time round. If you don't know what it is, your partner will tell you. Okay, so you can change your mind as many times as you like. When you have one in your head, you can say it out odd eighty six eighty six, and Obi, if you had to choose a number, what number would you have chosen? Thirty seven? So you can see that that would have been completely different. But Sarah, I told you that this was meant for you. Do you want to tell them what you see there? What it is?
Speaker 2: It says on a piece of paper that I've literally just watched, Larry Wright, you will say eighty six.
Speaker 1: Before you even thought the number.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he does it, folks, And I don't know that. I don't know if I care. Whenever Larry's in the studio, I start sweating.
Speaker 1: I kind of have that effect on woman.
Speaker 2: I don't that's weird and remarkable. I don't know how he does it, but he does do it? Is there something? Wait? Okay, what else? What else can we do that's going to blow my mind? I mean everything?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What did I show you last time? I don't really?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, honestly, Larry, do.
Speaker 1: I bend any any things for you? Did I bend metal?
Speaker 2: I don't think you bent metal. I don't think you did any you were gathering with us? Or did he? I can't remember. I don't know. I don't think so, not.
Speaker 1: At all Okay, cool, what do you need, Well, we definitely have cutlery. If you want to get color cutlery from the kitchen, we cand do that. Yeah, and then do you have a two round coin on you?
Speaker 2: Probably not, but Vicky, Vicky money Bags, probably does.
Speaker 1: We'll see otherwise. I do have a two rand coin, but I don't want you to think that I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Your doctor your doctors that I don't think I do. Actually, let's see if let's see if Vicky can can find it. She's going to go and get a fork and a and a two round coin because I definitely don't have one, and we don't want you to bend my car keys because then we then we will be in real trouble. Okay, Vicky is going to do that.
Speaker 1: And I also have a two rand point here if you want to check that out, we can totally use that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it looks like a bona fide a two round coin, so yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, great, and you can't bend it, right, do you want to pass it to obk Ben then yeah, let's see. Yeah, not vendable, not possible. Right, So we'll start off with the spoon is just brought in.
Speaker 2: It's not very own spoon. He hasn't.
Speaker 1: You can feel it. It's from your kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, good, there's the spoon all right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Just so you know, I'm not doing any funny business. This is your stuff. Yes, it's stainless steel. Right, So you've tried to take the spoon. You've tried to physically bend it. You know it's impossible. Tell them what you see. You can tell them what you see there.
Speaker 2: The spoon is bending at Vicky's face. It's actually moving. I can see it in front of my very own eyes. I don't know how he's doing that.
Speaker 1: And you can see that's quite ben at quite the angle. So let me see if I can move a little bit more around to your side. Oh sorry, I shifted your camera there, and you can feel that it's it's nice and solid.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, how have you done that? I don't know?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, cool. And you've tried to you've physically tried to bend this night.
Speaker 2: It's not possible.
Speaker 1: Watch you can see it's pretty much bent or pretty bent at a maybe a thirty twenty thirty degree angle. Let see if we can get it to go a little bit higher. Tell them what you see.
Speaker 2: I'm watching this spoon moving before my eyes. It's heading towards quite a ninety degree angle. At this point we're at about forty five degrees. That is remarkable. I don't know how he's doing this.
Speaker 1: And you can feel it. Really makes sure it's a solid spoon. This is from your kitchen.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not even warm. Really, that is a solid spoon from our kitchen. That I mean. Now, we've got to explain that to the boss. That's the only that's the only problem is it's a prime media budget for new spoons.
Speaker 1: Well instead of straightening it, instead of let's make this a a little bit further so you can see it's pretty bend. But let's try and do this like in the movie the Matrix. Tell them what you're seeing.
Speaker 2: He is bend. The spoony part of the spoon is, oh, he's just bending that.
Speaker 1: The ball is actually moving down right, and you can see how much that's actually been Could you open up your right handed for me. I'm just going to straight this for you. Let's see if we can. It's just I'm filming and you're going to be a witness to this because Sarah is going to keep her eyes closed. I'm going to move around to you to your side. Can you maybe move your mic in a little bit closer and you can come to show and open up your right handed for me. Hold on tight to the spoon and pull up your sleeve. What and you're going to tell us when you feel like an energy around your head, like like a tingling, fuzzy sense. Ready, here we go, Here we go. Let me come a little bit closer if I remove this.
Speaker 2: A little bit, move that's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm just moving the mic. Here you go, and Obi you can tell them what you see or Sarah, you can tell them what you see here. I'm actually putting my hand around your hand, or my hands around your hands, your hand, and I'm not touching you right, No, that's right. But can you feel that? Can you feel like an energy? I don't know. Can you feel like a like a fuzzy kind of weird sensation around your hand? Yes, you can feel that. Can you feel that getting into it, like building up a little bit more into like a slight pressure like I'm starting to squeeze. Can you feel that pressure around your fingers?
Speaker 2: Goods?
Speaker 1: Yes? Now, just in case they're not too sure that you're really feeling this at home. And just in case Obi is not sure about this, You're going to close your eyes and Obi is going to confirm what's happening of you. I'm just gonna pull up your sleeve a little bit more, and you're going to tell us when you feel, when you feel something. Every time you feel me touch you, you're going to say yes, but just the normal yes, we'll do all right, okay, So here you go, right, so here we go. Keep your eyes closed. Whenever I touch you, just say.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: You felt that every single time, right, and that last one you smiled a little bit more. Did you enjoy that? I did? Obie? Did I touch her? No? You were just moving your hands hand.
Speaker 2: To stop it. What do you mean, curl your fingertips on my arm?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can open up your eyes. You felt me like kind of like fluttering up and down your arm, right, and Obie, did I touch her? All o? No, not at all? Right, I'm very good at long distance relationships, Sarah. What you felt was actually energy passing through into the fork, making it so soft that it actually melts. Tell them what you see.
Speaker 2: Larry is twisting the mesa of this spoon, literally twisting the metal of the spoon. He's turned it round a full rotation.
Speaker 1: And can you physically can you physically untwist that?
Speaker 2: I definitely cannot physically untwist this.
Speaker 1: You want to pass it to Obi Obi? Can you can you untwist that is sorcery?
Speaker 2: I'm still not possible.
Speaker 1: Right, you'll probably need a vice and supplies to get their back, that's right. Yeah, And you get to keep that. That's your spoon, so.
Speaker 2: You can have that spoon over because you're going to need to explain that to the.
Speaker 1: Boss the first time you've been spooned in studio.
Speaker 2: Sadly, Yes, it is. Listen, I don't understand how that felt like you were touching me?
Speaker 1: Then? Did I touch her at all? And Vicky, you were standing on that side of the Vicky's behind the box of you. You can see you by a nod or shake of her head. Did I touch her?
Speaker 2: Larry Soffer's in studio with us, which is which is wonderful and baffling in core measure. Always I'm never quite sure what to do. I it's so remarkable what you do that I don't quite know. Do you ever do you ever. Do people ever? I must be careful how I phrase this question, because I don't know how you do what you do. I don't know whether it's magic, madness, mysticism, I don't know. But do people ever get it?
Speaker 1: Well? Like what you just saw me do here, I actually do over the radio, and I've done it many times before. I haven't done it for many years, but I actually make people spoons and forks bend in their homes, across the studio, across the telephone. And just so everybody knows, Vicky was actually shaking her head over there as a no that you actually won't touch, but you felt it right, and you got that two rand coin over there. You told me you cannot bend that right.
Speaker 2: No, I cannot bend that is That is a bona fide a two rand coin.
Speaker 1: And could you remember the year or on the back of the coin? And if you could also put your initials on both sides of the coin.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a twenty twenty one and I'm going to put my initials.
Speaker 1: On that is this? You can put it on both sides, great, okay, and you can put on the other side, or you can make a drawing. If you like, just so you know that's the same coin. You know that I'm not switching coins.
Speaker 2: Smiley face on that.
Speaker 1: You can make sure it's dry so it doesn't rub off, that's all good, Yeah, well dry, yes, And you've tried to take this coin. You've tried to physically bend this coin, but you know that it's impossible or impossible. Yeah, so watch this and just show everybody, well, just tell everybody at least what you're experiencing over here, and they'll see it on camera afterwards. Let me just get into my shot of my camera here as well. So watch this, watch very closely, tell them what you see.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Larry, is the coin seems to be moved. Oh my goodness, me, the coin is bending in half. The coin is bending, the very same coin that I just wrote my.
Speaker 1: And you can see your smiley face and your initials on the other side. Here we go, tell them what you see.
Speaker 2: So the coin is actually bending, it's like warping, and that's the word.
Speaker 1: Without any force or anything, none at all.
Speaker 2: Larry is barely touching it with the tips of his fingers.
Speaker 1: Is that the same one with your initials.
Speaker 2: With my initials are on there? I drew a smiley face on the back and the coin is now warped and I can't move it back. I don't know how you do that, Larry.
Speaker 1: Whatever you believe in your mind, you can make happen in reality.
Speaker 2: Is that your stick, Larry? Or do you is that? Do you change his face?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? I mean it's an absolute truth. I mean just think about it, like whatever you want to create in your life. I think you told me last time how you got how you got to be on the on the show this time round, and you just believed it. You knew that this is what you're going to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that is true.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Could you manifest that man that I've had my eye on you? Could you make that happen?
Speaker 1: Free? Well, first of all, you get to keep their coin. It's the same one with your initials on it, and and it shows you how weak the end is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ah, very very good.
Speaker 1: Two one, four, four, six oh five, six seven.
Speaker 2: We're back in studio with mentalist Larry Soffer, who is blowing our minds, as he always does when he comes in to pay us a visit. I'm always a little bit I'm always a little bit on the back foot. And yeah, I want him to give me the good stuff. You know, I always want to know how on the why, but I also want to do some strange stuff. Jen says, I still have a fork on my desk that Larry bent in my hand years ago. It still blows me away, both, Jen, I don't know how he does it? Right? What are we doing now? What are you up to?
Speaker 1: So? Can I get you to think of can I get you to think of? Wow, let's see what we can get you to think of? Actually? Why not get you to think of an embarrassing memory? Okay?
Speaker 2: And which wonder I pick? All right?
Speaker 1: Okay? And can you think of.
Speaker 2: Hmm, embarrassing?
Speaker 1: Also somebody in your life that you'd love to reconnect with?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes? And can you also think of let's say something that if I could read your mind on what this thing is, it could be a person, or could be an item, It could be an object, it could be absolutely anything that if I could read your mind on what that thing is or person is, who that person is, if I could read your mind on that item, that this would prove to you beyond a shadow of doubt that what I do is real. You got something? So let's start off with that, because maybe it's a little bit disconnected. And let's see if we can get that. So you've got an item or a person or something in your mind that if I could read your mind on who or what that thing is, that this would prove to you that what I do is real.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you get this, Okay, okay, just.
Speaker 1: Look at me, and can you put your hand just above mine, just above mine? If you can move in closer, let's try and do this. There we go, all right. I don't know if you feel that like a slight warmth. Yes, that's like an energetic connection that we both have right now. Okay, okay, you can lower your hand. I'm getting that this is an item, it's not a person. Yeah, is that right? And this means something to you because you've found it of interest, but not because of something that you're totally connected to or is there a very deep connection with this? There is a very deep connection. Okay, And you don't mind me digging deeper here, not at all? Okay, Okay, immediately when I when I look at you, and I am getting like the sensation I'm getting like lots of writing and I'm getting pages of soorts, is this a book that you're thinking of? It is? It's not like an essay or anything like that. It's a book.
Speaker 2: It's a book.
Speaker 1: Look at me, the.
Speaker 2: Don't do it Larry?
Speaker 1: Is that the Book of Alcoholics? Anonymous?
Speaker 2: Yes? How do you do that? You freakd It is the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous? My bible? What what do you do that? How would you know that? What's going on in that brain?
Speaker 1: I try to see your images. I try to hear your voices in your mind. So whatever kind of crops up, I just pick up on and we can we can definitely take this a little bit further sweating. Okay, yep, go on, But we may need your phone for this.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yep.
Speaker 1: So let me just see here.
Speaker 2: Marry softis in the studio. If you're just tuning in and you're hearing me, call a guest a freak on it mentalist in studio, blowing our minds. Okay, let me. I'm trying to save because we're gonna upload all of this later. I'll turn it into a nice little thing like the kids do on social media. All right, yes, my phone here?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: What do we need?
Speaker 1: Okay? Cool? So I'm going to show my phone to the camera over here on this side. Yeah, and I've got my Wi Fi open over him Obi. If you could have your phone available as well, that would be great. Oh damn. Okay, and can you think of I asked you to think of an embarrassing memory. Let's let's go with that. Yes, okay, just look at me, okay, immediately, because we've already got a connection going over immediately when I look at you, I'm getting that this was when you were quite a bit younger. Yes, And I'm getting that this happened with like I'm getting like an idea of like a few friends around you. Is that like like lots of friends. And I'm getting you're not dancing? Is that is that music you're playing? You're playing in a band? Yeah? Yeah, And I'm getting sweat. I'm getting that you that you had like like a liking for somebody as always, yes, yes. And the embarrassing part of this is that you told his girlfriend, Oh lord, yes, that hat. Now what's super crazy is there's no way that I could know that you. I couldn't know, couldn't have known any of this. You didn't tell me, you didn't write it. Down. You didn't tell ob or Vicki or anything like that. Nobody knows, right, And there's no way that I could know the name of this person, right. No, Okay, let me just keep my screen, oh gosh visible, if you could just take my hand. Okay, So in a moment, you're gonna take my hand. We're gonna hold hands like this, and I want to feel the energy from you, and I want you to focus on this person's name and just focus on the WiFi over here here we go. Just focus touch my hand and he will go tell them what you see.
Speaker 2: Every single Wi Fi connection, every single Wi Fi connection, has come up with the.
Speaker 1: Name and the meg The name is Craig.
Speaker 2: Craig from the band that I used to be in when I was seventeen years old one hundred years ago, has now become the name of every single network on Larry's.
Speaker 1: But it's not every single network on my phone. It's every single network in the building. Oh no, look on your phone. If it happens on my phone, it happens everywhere.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, how on earth every single is it on your phone?
Speaker 1: And it's on Vicki's phone too, ohbeit, it's on your phone. Can we show the camera over you on your phone? This is your phone and you can see it, says Craig. Craig. Craig, Yes, Craig, And it was Craig that you like.
Speaker 2: It was Craig. I really did like him. He was the bass player in the band that I was in. And one day, must I tell the story to give something? Now you can in this band you probably know this, folks. I was in a band when I was younger. I was a singer and I was in a band with I was seventeen, a very attractive bass player by the name of Craig, and I fancied him rotten, absolutely fancied the pants off him. And one night we were a gig at a place in the club in Croydon, South London, and that was going to be the night that I was going to make my move on Craig. And so I went to the bathroom to get all dold up to go on stage, and my friend who was with me, I said, this is going to be it. This is the night I'm going to make a move on Craig. And I fancy him so much and he's so hot and blah blah blah and out walked from one of the cubicles a very attractive, very gracious young lady who said, it's so nice to meet you. I'm Craig's girlfriend and to this day it has been the most mortifying moment of my life. How would you know that though, Larry Soffer, you never told me no, well, I to tell us few people as possible.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you never wrote it down. Nobody here knows No.
Speaker 2: You are a peculiar creature. I need to just say before before we end off. We've got about two minutes left, and before we end off, if you would like to come and see some of Larry's magical madness, mysticism and mentalism in person, then you need to get tickets. Move now. Cuicket is where you will find tickets for his event on the third of August at Cafe Rout and NORDUK run don't walk and.
Speaker 1: Just just just before we end off, because I have prepared one more special thing for you, if that's okay with you, so yes, come and see the show on the third of August at Cafe INUATUK. It's going to be so much fun. You're going to see things like this and so much more. I did ask you to think of somebody in your life that you'd love to reconnect with? You?
Speaker 2: Did you ask me to think of a person in my life who I would like to reconnect with?
Speaker 1: And that was about five to ten minutes ago. Yes, yeah, there's no way I could know who this person is.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a repeat of the phlipsam wi snaga. No, there's no way because I probably haven't thought about this person in forty years.
Speaker 1: Okay, amazing, Well take my hand, take my hand, okay, immediately I'm getting this as a female. Yes, okay, this was when you're quite young. This is when you were in your teenagers or just entering your teenagers. Actually, yes, were you like eight nine years old or something like that? Look at me, Okay, this person did they? Did they have like blondish hair? It was dark hair? Okay. And this person was in school with you, and they were a good friend, in fact, one of your best friends that you'd love to reconnect with at some point. You haven't seen this person in forty years, right before I even got onto the show here today.
Speaker 2: Oh, not this nonsense. Go on, what have you done?
Speaker 1: I went onto my Instagram and I typed in the name of a person that I believed that you would have thought of, a person that I felt that you'd love to reconnect with. And there's no way that I could know who this person is. You never told me once again, you never told anybody here. You never wrote it down, nothing like that. Right now, if you could go onto your Instagram and everybody, go onto your Instagram right now and type in my name La r Ry sof Eer and read what it says out loud, Sarah Jane in my bio, in my biography on Instagram, word for word, Please, what does it say?
Speaker 2: It says I believe Sarah Jane or think of Jennifer Goulding, which is exactly who I thought of, my childhood best friend from the ages of five to nine. Haven't seen her in forty years. How does he get Oh, Larry, do you do that? Go on to Larry's softas Instagram, give him a follow while you're there, Make sure that you buy tickets for the gig on the third of August, and you will see some of the nonsense that he gets up to. I believe Sarah Jane will think of Jennifer Goulding and it's spelled correctly, which is incredible. I don't know how you've done that, Larry. I wish we had more time for you, but we don't. It is always utterly, utterly wonderful to have you in studio FOT. You must go and see him. The tickets will not be around for long. Go now to quick it and book yourself tickets. I'm going to go. It's my birthday weekend, so I'm going Third of August Cafe ru In Nuduk and be blown away by the mind that is Larry Suffer