Speaker 1: You are with Kate Talk Views and News with Clarence Ford. It is time for Bob's Wire. Barbara Friedman is our digital content editor and her top three peaks after I guess a very busy weekend for you trawling the internet.
Speaker 2: I mean, there was a lot going on, but I've gone for the slightly well sighted alternative ones, although not maybe not the first one. So, I don't know if you saw this trending all over the videos of Beyonce singing from a car. It's one of those what do you call them, those special kind of effect things. It was this big s of open convertible car that she sits in, suspended high up off the ceiling. This is on her Carboy, her Cowboy Carter tour. This was in her hometown of Houston. She was on her second from the end last song of the evening and she then felt something was wrong. She felt the car was taulting and stopping and she then shouts stop, stop, stop, And I thought, let's just play the video as they then start to lower her down, obviously to make sure that she doesn't it doesn't come to you know, it doesn't have an accident to the stop start, stop, start, stuff stuff. You know, if you head there is the crowds below or like sort of putting their hands up and kind of like, you know, just ready to help.
Speaker 1: Not that.
Speaker 2: And then as the car lows under the stage, you know, people are like the stage hands. I'm a s I was sort of helping and she gets off. She goes off stage, briefly comes back on and sings out the rest of the concert and said, I want to thank you all, she told the audience for loving me. If ever I fall, I know y'all will catch me, she said, which obviously was appropriate considering that that was exactly what might have happen.
Speaker 1: So there was a technical little there was a technical glitch.
Speaker 2: They haven't explained exactly what it was, but the car was tilting. She could feel it. You know, this is part of this They two stadium showed tour that she's been on since April and in her hometown. Yeah, she could feel that the car wasn't quite right. Apparently not the first time something's gone wrong with a stunt on one of her shows. There have been a couple of other incidents over the years where things kind of went wrong, and she's weathered them quite well. But it is scary. You know, she was very high in the air and you know, I can imagine it yet cling on the side of it. So I'm just glad that she was okay and that everything seems to have worked out, worked out fine.
Speaker 1: And like John Mathan, I don't even know what she looks like, but I have seen her on TV over the past weekend though, that what she looked like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, look, I mean she's yeah, she's pretty much an icon. And those fans are super fans, the Bee Hive, they are every word. John actually when he sent me stuff from the concert, he sent me one of the guys standing in front of him who was kne every word of my Heart and sang through the entire concert, and he said he was.
Speaker 1: So Africa is a big fan as well, and Amy is huge.
Speaker 2: Isn't.
Speaker 1: Is it possible?
Speaker 2: It's very possible. Didn't you ever know the lyrics to someone that you loved? No, maybe not.
Speaker 1: Every word, every word, but some of the words.
Speaker 2: The second story, I don't know if you might. You will recall last week the story about the the rits plats of the iconic building in three Ancobert Here in Seedpoint is being sold between two hundred and forty million and three hundred million rand, and it did. It was a very big viral trending story online for all the media sites that shared it. And what came up of this weekend on my socials was a series of posts of photos and a video that was taken by armand how that he goes by the name online of the Human Narrative. He's a brilliant, brilliant photographer and videographer. I think he's actually was in the weekend August, but we're going to talk about it anyway that he because he did share it himself, and these were photographs and videos of what it looks like inside the Writs right now. And I think if you are curious, because this has been such an iconic and strange story for so long, go I will hopefully pop it up on our website, will embed his video and others go find him on the Human Narrative. And I think the thing which fascinates me is just the history of the Writs. It was I finally built in nineteen seventy. I was seven and so in the seventies as a young teenager. I mean, I remember this place so well that we called it the revolting restaurant. You know that revolving restaurant and it was just a joke and you know there's a property broker has actually she actually posted on her on her ex post ash Miller, a fantastic history of the place. I mean we know that in I think twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, there was an attempt to reopen it by businessman Nikki fund a Vault and that went pear shaped because he hadn't paid occupational rent and it went to court and apparently the High Court said that he had hutspo of the first order to think that he could take over this thing before the rent, and so it never took off the ground after a soft launch. Now finally it seems as though the new buyers are going to actually make a go of it. But just fascinating to see the history that Ashley posted on x about the whole history of but how in Mandela stayed there for quite a while after he was released, and she writes that the hotel manager told her that he would He would was the only guest he ever knew to make his own bed and clean his own room every day, and he would go for a walk on the Seapoint prom every morning at four thirty am or security he would return from his walks and have tea with the hotel manager and he would tell him how the Ritz was the one building he could always see above the skyline from Robin Island, and how sitting in the Ritz and looking back at Robin Island was fascinating for him. Actually goosebumps reading that. That just is such a bit of history that I didn't know. And then obviously the whole story of how it went up and down, up and down. I mean that area of three Anchor Bay, will you point, And that's something we would it's three Anchor Bay. There's always a little bit at the crime levels went up there, the hotel went down, and I mean, just to see what it looks like inside now in this video is just it's trashed, trashed, But have.
Speaker 1: You seen how many cranes eye in Seapoint at this moment time? But there's all That's.
Speaker 2: Another point is Sepoint is going through such a facelift change, much of which people in the area are complaining about. Other people are saying it's great. Mixed views on it always difficult. I supposed to see the place you like living going through changes because some of the old buildings end up getting knocked down, and I mean, who knows what's going to happen to the Ritz. I mean it was such a strange architectural building of its time. You know, it was actually award winning and innovative, and at the time it was because it was built in modular form. And Ash Miller talks about this too. You know how they built these modular bathrooms and other things off site and they were dropped in I suppose like lego pieces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was cutting its technology.
Speaker 2: Cutting edge now totally out of fashion in many ways and very square.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So anyway, just a fascinating story and a fascinating video to watch. And then finally, on a lighter note, although I'm sure some people are going to say, why is the mere cut being domesticated? And I don't have the answer. It's a video of a mere Cut in the living room of some South Africans home hugging one of those South African iconic favorite heaters, you know, that fan heater which you can get close to those plastic I think they made by Pineware or something. They like, these iconic South African little heaters that blow hot air out and you can kind of go right up to it. It's not gonna burn you. And so the little meer Cut is hugging the heater and the oak who obviously looks after the mere cut, and I thought, let's just plaid out, just picture the scene. It's in the lounge, the meer Cuts like holding on for deal. I'm looking as cute as anything. Let's just quickly plate and see if you can get a sense of it.
Speaker 1: To me care, we got Huka.
Speaker 2: And then to Mey's luck checking him out, and people on the comment saying these heaters carry the nation. Arthur was so funny, and people saying trying to climb into the heater is so relatable. And I mean, I don't know about you, but this last weekend, Saturday definitely was a hibernation day. It was so rainy and so cold.
Speaker 1: I was walking on the beach in Muscle Bay.
Speaker 2: So, oh you in Muscle Bay. Okay, Saturday here I was terrible. Yesterday got better. And I certainly think up north it's freezing. So I think everybody's seeing that video just went viral because that mere cut was all of us this weekend.
Speaker 1: A happy meal cut and on that note, thank you. Barbara Friedman, digital content editor, Bob's Wire three other topics every day through Thursday, just after ninth thirty